PDA

View Full Version : New York 8/20 PN regional race

crazyracer
2005.08.12, 11:28 AM
Track Location: Action RC Mini Speedway, Inc.
101B Ellis Street, Staten Island, NY 10307. Phone: (718) 317-5420

Modified Class, Stock Class and F1 Class

Action RC Speedway (http://actionrcspeedway.com/)

ENTRY FORM (doc) (http://www.pnracing.us/worldcupNY-entryform.doc)

http://actionrcspeedway.com/ActionPic-NewTrack2-May05.JPG
http://actionrcspeedway.com/actionpic-newtrack-may05.jpg

Lionblade
2005.08.12, 02:02 PM
Actually, our address is now 101M, since we moved. 101B is now a car audio shop.

And those are old pictures from May. The track's different now.

imxlr8ed
2005.08.12, 03:34 PM
Not to be a "whiny racer"... but they are still planning to change the layout the day of the race, right ? Also, is the place air-conditioned ? Not worried about comfort level, need to know for car setup. (heat and humidity make a set of 20s feel like a set of 8s !!!) Thanks for setting up this thread !!!

Lionblade
2005.08.12, 03:39 PM
The new place is in a warehouse suite, so it's pretty cool anyway. I never noticed if there was air conditioning, but last week when it was 96 degrees here, it was comfortable. Not sure if he's gonna change the track, but I'd imagine he will. Besides, it wouldn't help me anyway, I'm too slow. :p

I'll add it to my "miscellaneous crap to ask Al" list. ;)

Otherpics:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Lionblade/actionpic-crew-mar05.jpg I'm all the way on the right, in the Mets shirt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Lionblade/ActionPic-AlsCar-Jan05.jpg The owner(Al)'s car. You can see he's not a good driver. :D

Lionblade
2005.08.13, 10:14 PM
Well, some updates: No AC, but it's cool inside. We're using the KoPoPro(or is it KoProPo?) lap counter.

And oh yeah, my FETs fried tonight. :o They got a hell of a run out of them, but it was gonna happen eventually. Better today than next week. :rolleyes:

My SLR body should come in a few days, but I won't be able to test it 'till Saturday, when Magic finishes putting in a new board.. I may not even run it. We'll see.

ruf
2005.08.16, 04:25 PM
Dude. There's chicks at your racetrack. Don't lie. We all know that's photoshopped. :p

Lionblade
2005.08.16, 09:56 PM
They're not photoshopped.. the woman on the right proves it, 'cause she's holding my Enzo.. ;)

Al got them to be our "trophy girls" for our 3rd point series. Most of the guys laughed 'cause they thought the women were around my age. Turns out they're 21 & 22. :p

Haven't seen them since. Hey, with any luck, they'll be there Saturday... ;)

Lionblade
2005.08.17, 05:18 PM
Scratch that Enzo comment, that's not MY red Enzo. :o

Mine's in my own hand..too many red Enzos, dammit. :p

The one she's holding belongs to John Brown, the guy in the Junior sweatshirt.

46u
2005.08.20, 11:35 PM
Just wish I could find people around here to race on my two RCP tracks and I have AC but where I live you have to.

TITANIUM
2005.08.21, 12:38 AM
Well, event's over, can't say I enjoyed it very much.

I don't know what the problem was, but some of the DoW guys are major hackers.
Dude, I give you plenty of room, don't put me into the wall when I try to lap you.

Really, there was plenty of space on track, no need to fight so much.

And to think, my SLR body was new at the beginning of the night... :(

no results? just fighting?

Lionblade
2005.08.21, 01:07 AM
Too annoyed to pay much attention to anyone but the two guys hacking me...though I remember some of the results. Al will probably post the next week anyway.

I like racing with guys I know much better, we know where to ease off for each other a little bit better.

Nobody exchanged words, but I did give them a few "taps" to let 'em know. ;)

gasman1
2005.08.21, 10:12 AM
Too annoyed to pay much attention to anyone but the two guys hacking me...though I remember some of the results. Al will probably post the next week anyway.

I like racing with guys I know much better, we know where to ease off for each other a little bit better.

Nobody exchanged words, but I did give them a few "taps" to let 'em know. ;)

Comments like these should be left out of the forums! There was some rough driving in most of the heats that I watched and everyone dealt with it. This happens on tracks nobody has driven before, for guys who can't necessarily find their setups in such a short time, and racing with people you never raced before. Remember, this is all in fun and comments like yours outing people from others clubs is just bad form. I'm sure everyone had on track incidents yesterday to talk about but they are keeping them to themselves. Racing with honor means behaving off track with honor too.

Roland Shao won the Stock A Main
Joe from Actio RC MiniSpeedway won the F1 A Main

the rest will be posted later

TITANIUM
2005.08.21, 03:25 PM
Lion If you expect to race without contact....then slot cars may be for you.....

Here is my rule...."when fighting for the driving line...one will get it."

if someone is not clean, whether it is intentional or not...you need to be a better driver to avoid the contact...if you cant do that, then you cant complain about it.
However if someone is plain evil then report it so the official can monitor the issue.

TITANIUM
2005.08.21, 03:32 PM
comments like yours outing people from others clubs is just bad form.

i agree,
lion...maybe think about it...its very well possable you will race again somewhere sometime with others...

TITANIUM
2005.08.21, 03:34 PM
Roland Shao won the Stock A Main
Joe from Actio RC MiniSpeedway won the F1 A Main

the rest will be posted later

do you know if any have plans to go to the world cup?

Lionblade
2005.08.21, 04:13 PM
In retrospect, I was a little harsh. Just a bit annoyed that my new body got pretty banged up. Serves me right for choosing black. :rolleyes:

Then again, I put orange stripes on it, and I was still told by a few people it was impossible to see. I mean, really, you can't see bright orange? Meh, rough week is all.

I can honestly say I expected contact since we never had raced together before, and there was really only two people who got on my nerves from DoW...then again, there was a certain someone from our own track pushing me a little.

The first two heats were too rough for me, but I suppose it's to be expected. Then again, I think taking out the leader when he comes to lap you isn't exactly sportsmanlike...

The main was more of myself being frustrated with my own car and a hometown driver...he's a good kid and a good driver, but he's too aggressive. Might just be me, I seem to be one of the only guys at our track passive enough not to race bumper to bumper with a guy..or maybe it's that I know we'll wreck eventually. :rolleyes:

I'm disappointed in the SLR, though. It took hits, but doesn't hold up half as well as the Enzo. I like how it handles, but the lights and the mirrors came off easily...shoulda got a Mustang. :rolleyes:

All in all, a lot of it was frustration with my own self and with Al...myself for trying to adjust to a new setup and body on a dime (which, looking back, was pretty foolish), an Al for topping the night off..

After the PN event was over, he had a regular points night. I asked him jokingly if I had to pay him again to race. He replied, "I'm not here for free." Right, like it's costing him half as much as he asks. :(

If he said another five, I would've been cool with that. But no, he wanted fifteen. And even though that's what we normally have to pay, it was just too much. The guys who were left have been supporting him since he opened last year, you'd think he could've just been cool about it.

Why am I surprised, though? He told me a while ago it's a business first, hobby second for him.

If I had a track of my own I'd invite people over and just race. Al's a nice guy and all, but 15 bucks a week? He's not even open every day, plus he has a day job, PLUS rent on Ellis St. is very low.

I've just been frustrated with the whole situation for a while, I'm always getting stuck in a main that often gets turned ito beating matches. For example, I was the top qualifier for the B main yesterday, just out of the reach of the A main by a lap or so. It kills me, since I know I should be there. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to get there. All that I had enough for was a ball diff, bearings, tires, and a dampner..the front end has so much potential, and it bothers me that I can't do much about it. That's why I'm not going to ask for another Z next month, I'd be starting all over. I guess I'll stick to the top of the B and wait for light weeks so I can be mid-A..

Just a lot of this has been bothering me for a really long time, Saturday just happened to top it off. Sorry. :o

46u
2005.08.21, 06:01 PM
The only way I have found to keep the body looking new is leave it in the box. When I just bash on my own RCP track by my self I break things and scratch up stuff. The Mini-Zís are known for the first thing that breaks off is the mirrors. What you need is two bodies one to run and one to put on for just looking at.

Be happy you have somewhere to go race with others, as I have no one around here that is in to-Mini-Zís and run by my self. I have the track and would even furnish the cars.

I all so have run my own business and I know what it takes to keep a place open. Not sure I have it correct but $.15 a day to race does not sound bad to me. What else can you do that cheap other then sit at home and then probably cost that much.

This is a hobby and should be for fun and if you are not having fun maybe you need to stop and rethink things.

I hope you do have fun with this neat hobby.

Just my two cents worth.

TITANIUM
2005.08.21, 06:05 PM
lion, wow, now your laying in on the LHS owner.....I got to say that $15 a week is more than fair!

dude, I can honestly say that you donít have a clue.
and I would bet youíre not welcome there anymore ...just a hunch..

Lionblade
2005.08.21, 07:37 PM
@Titanium: If I'm not, then so be it..but most of the other racers like me. Al's a businessman first, he's said that himself. I disagree with his attitude, but it's true that we wouldn't have a track without him. if ARCMS didn't exist, I would've probably gone to HKS until it closed. Dunno whether or not Al wants me there, but I think he'd tell me straight out if he didn't.

And maybe $15 a week isn't a lot of money to you, but keep in mind I'm too young to legally work here. Hard to get a hold of money unless the 'rents supply it. :o

But if you read the entire post..just about all of it was venting my frustration, and I even said that at the end..

@46u: I thought about that, but I subscribe to the theory of "run what ya brung". All the bodies I've got were for racing. Too many die cast cars already anyway. ;)
It's definitely something I enjoy, but I find it extremely difficult to race against new guys..I don't know when they're gonna turn, let off, accelerate...or even how much space they'll give me. You could imagine how nervewracked I was Saturday againt a lot of new guys. :o

If I could just get about half an inch more room from a few people, that'd make it so much simpler for me. But who says everyone gives each other room? :rolleyes:

I just might have to utilize the SLR's black color and long nose from now on...a little tap to send another car just wide enough. Only for lapped cars, of course. I completely understand blocking me if I'm trying to pass for position, I hate losing positions too. :)

Overall just venting. Not slagging anyone.

46u
2005.08.21, 08:57 PM
We where all young once and I assure you there is ways to pick up a couple of bucks if you apply your self. Cutting grass, racking leaves, cleaning whatever, wash cars, shovel snow (witch we have very little here of that), picking up cans and more.

I just was watching the F1 race today and guess what they have contact. Just think what happens when they hit and what it cost to fix if it can be fixed. This is the way it has always been in racing and always will.

What else can you do for $15 a week that is this much fun. Like I said count your blessing I just wish I had someone to race with.

Enjoy or find something that you do enjoy. Believe me life is to short not too.

Lionblade
2005.08.21, 09:35 PM
We where all young once and I assure you there is ways to pick up a couple of bucks if you apply your self. Cutting grass, racking leaves, cleaning whatever, wash cars, shovel snow (witch we have very little here of that), picking up cans and more.

That's basically what I do..my allowance is a very fair $15 a week, and you know where that goes. ;)

Not much left over for new parts...it has to be broken in half before I can upgrade it. My gear diff, for example... :rolleyes:

I've been looking for a regular job for a while, but like I said, no regular businesses want to hire me, as I'm technically too young (you have to be 16 to work on Staten Island). My parents have connections here and there, I might get lucky soon. Then? Well, then it's open season. :D

46u
2005.08.21, 10:09 PM
I did not say look for a regular job go out and hassle up odd jobs yourself. Reread my post. When I was your age I always had enough not a lot of money, as I would find odd jobs. If you want it, it is out there but it is not going to come to you.

Lionblade
2005.08.21, 10:17 PM
True, true, and I'm trying. But, maybe we should...kinda cut this off now? If I remember, the topic was originally the event...A little off topic, ain't I? :p

Oh well. Just to end it, I'm cool with everything now. [/rant, off-topicness] :)

imxlr8ed
2005.08.22, 10:14 AM
True, true, and I'm trying. But, maybe we should...kinda cut this off now? If I remember, the topic was originally the event...A little off topic, ain't I? :p

Oh well. Just to end it, I'm cool with everything now. [/rant, off-topicness] :)

O.k. cooled off now ? Look, you were hitting as hard as everyone else out there, cars spun or slowed in front of you, and I don't recall seeing you slow to avoid (I don't expect you to, either)... I took a ton of collisions too, my new 575 has so many new marks on the rear bumper, I might actually have to clean it !

Now... I am directing this too everyone who races anything. (I don't care if it's black market plastic bigwheel racing) Here's some theories:

The guy who hits you is your competitor, he is not going to pull over to the side and let you go past.

He is not going to be background scenery for YOUR win.

If you give your competitor an inch, he will make it two.

If your competitor doesn't race like you do, remember, he is not your clone.

And most of all, your competitor has great hopes for you, hopes you get nothing but more skilled, and hopes to race you again, because you are the reason he comes to the race to begin with. (and realizes you know the all of the above)

(does this mean nobody's coming to our GTG the 5th of November ? :( )

Thanks to ALL of the Action crew (yes...you too Lionblade) Great job !

Lionblade
2005.08.22, 01:45 PM
The 575? Must mean you're Ed. Yeah, saw you race, you're a lot better than I am. :o

I shoulda raced my Enzo Saturday, then I would've been fine the whole day. What was wrong with me, I LIKED how it was handling.. :confused:

I tried to let off when someone spun or hit the board in front of me..but I wasn't gonna hit the brake, my car spins when I do. So yeah, I avoid the guy in front of me, but then I'm sideways in the middle of the track. Kind of a lose-lose situation. :o

And I found what I think was causing my handling woes...dog hair all inside my ball diff! :eek: I don't know how that it got there, I never play with the car at home..

If I had gotten a lot of practice racing with new guys, I would've been a little less anxious trying to pass, probably part of which did me in, too. :(

I need more experience. :D

imxlr8ed
2005.08.22, 02:07 PM
It's cool dude... I understand how it gets, been there. (I have to beat gasman's butt for payback this Sunday :D ) Everyone has different styles, we are used to cutting tighter lines, because we are running two tiles wide at most spots, not three tiles wide, all the way around, so there is a difference for us. (took awhile to get used to not leaving off throttle to decellerate for turns) We do apex tighter, because we have to.
But honestly, I just think that everybody needs to realize that they're not going to win every race, there is always a certain guy that seems to just take you out all of the time (usually because he's at your level), and if you get all bent about it during the race, you are not going to win that race. These cars are 90% mental challenge, 10% setup challenge. I smile everytime I get taken out... no real frustration... unless it's gasman !

(you're going down on Sunday gasman, and I'm taking those trophies home with me ! :D )

Hope to see a good showing of NYC crew at our GTG, November 5th and 6th... it's gonna be a blast ! It's all free, just show up. (might have to buy a Core transponder though)

EMU
2005.08.22, 02:09 PM
The race was fun, I enjoyed all of it. DOW guys raced well, a little bumping and grinding, but nothing out of the ordinary when racing a new layout and racers that we have never see before.

I would have been very happy to make it even to the B main :(

Gasman really showed what an MR01 can do :rolleyes:

I would really like to make the Nov. 5 GTG, but need to see about transportation. If Magic goes, Im there ;)

Lion, if you want to work on your front end, let me know. I have a few sets of Atomic Knuckles and springs that should help.

After the PN race, I somehow managed to chip a tooth on the first servo gear of my Enzo after a small collision, and just barely had enough time in the pits to swap out the gear before the final heat. In A; Roland, Willy, Joe and Magic battled it out in all of the heats, and Roland took the Main. I took 2nd in B main, although I should have had 1st.

With Al it will be business first, hobby second because he owns the shop/track, and has be able to pay to keep the place open, and make a little to make it worthwhile. At HKS, Alan would give lots of people deals, and eventually had to move to Ca because he wasnt making enough. $15 a week is not too much, but when it is 100% of the weekly income, it is difficult. Lion, if you need parts for your car, let me know.

imxlr8ed
2005.08.22, 02:19 PM
In A; Roland, Willy, Joe and Magic battled it out in all of the heats, and Roland took the Main. I took 2nd in B main, although I should have had 1st.

Is Al going to post the results and pics anytime soon ?

I know I got 3rd in A-main F1, and 2nd in B-main stock racer ? Pretty sure it was 2nd, right behind gasman.

EMU
2005.08.22, 02:33 PM
Is Al going to post the results and pics anytime soon ?

I know I got 3rd in A-main F1, and 2nd in B-main stock racer ? Pretty sure it was 2nd, right behind gasman.
I was talking about the racing AFTER the PN race... :p

As for the PN race, I will ask Al for the race final stats on Saturday and post them if they are not already posted. I live in Manhattan, which is about 2 hours travel by public transportation, or an hour and change if Magic picks me up, so I only make it to the track once a week.

I was VERY impressed with you and Gasman (especially Gasman with his almost stock MR01).

Magic is going to paint my Enzo with the Green and Silver team colors this week :D I kept getting confused with all of the other yellow cars :eek:

gasman1
2005.08.22, 02:47 PM
I was talking about the racing AFTER the PN race... :p

As for the PN race, I will ask Al for the race final stats on Saturday and post them if they are not already posted. I live in Manhattan, which is about 2 hours travel by public transportation, or an hour and change if Magic picks me up, so I only make it to the track once a week.

I was VERY impressed with you and Gasman (especially Gasman with his almost stock MR01).

Magic is going to paint my Enzo with the Green and Silver team colors this week :D I kept getting confused with all of the other yellow cars :eek:

your too kind :o I got lucky this time. It was a pleasure meeting and racing with you guys and look forward to getting together again real soon.

Lionblade
2005.08.22, 03:21 PM
I would really like to make the Nov. 5 GTG, but need to see about transportation. If Magic goes, Im there ;)

Lion, if you want to work on your front end, let me know. I have a few sets of Atomic Knuckles and springs that should help.

And that'd make you Eugene.. :rolleyes: I think it's kind of weird that I've seen you on the forum for a long time and never even thought about it.

And relax, you don't have to call me Lion here, you already know my name. After all, you raced my red Enzo body with my name for a license plate.. :D

Also, if Mag ever needs another Modena body to use or paint, tell him he can use mine. At the rate he's going, that nice scheme will be gone in a month! ;)

I have some powerline front end stuff left over in my 01..wonder if any of the stuff would match..hell, it'd beat my now rusting front end. :rolleyes:

imxlr8ed
2005.08.22, 03:23 PM
You drove your patootey off on Saturday, congrats... but you're still going down on Sunday gasman ! Hope you enjoy the new target you have placed on your back !!! :D

EMU
2005.08.22, 03:43 PM
Vin, 01 front end parts will not work with the 02. Ill set you up on Sat. with the front end.

Win or lose, racing is about fun for me... Although I do love to win :o

Lionblade
2005.08.22, 04:01 PM
Especially if it's against Magic..though I doubt either of us can beat him. :p

You should try to beat that Cropduster kid too. He's gutsy now that he won the D Main. :rolleyes: Besides, he needs to be beat after saturday. I mean, he buys $30 in raffle tickets, wins a new readyset that he doesn't need, and then has the balls to say he's gonna trade it in? Spoiled. :rolleyes:

EMU
2005.08.22, 04:47 PM
I came in 2nd in C main, so I beat crop. I should have taken C main, but I lose concentration while Im racing. Im a better car builder than racer :(

I used to beat Magic all the time at Canal. By the time Canal closed we were about even. At ARCMS, he was able to maintain his skill, while I didnt do any racing for about 4 months. Im getting back to where I was, slowly but surely.

gasman1
2005.08.22, 05:10 PM
You drove your patootey off on Saturday, congrats... but you're still going down on Sunday gasman ! Hope you enjoy the new target you have placed on your back !!! :D

Thats OK , I'll bring my MR-01 VW Beetle. You couldn't catch that one either.......evil laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

on a more sentimental note, if it wasn't for you and your pesistence, mad marketing skills and generosity none of us would be where we're at right now. Those trophies belong to the club. I had to learn to drive just to keep up with you and the rest of the guys. Enough of this BS I'm starting to sound like a girl.

The only thing you'll see on Sunday is my back bumper!!!!!!! :D

EMU
2005.08.31, 10:42 PM
Pics are up here (http://actionrcspeedway.com/)

We are going to start running an MR01 series at ARCMS along with the MR02 and F1 that we currently run. I have prepped my MR01 with a PN ML motormount (98mm wheelbase) McLaren F1. The only thing that it is lacking is a ball diff. I lowered the front end, got rid of the front stabilizer/put 02 springs on top of knuckles, removed spacer under H-plate and added a couple small shims. I used 0 offset wheels with a wide bearing on the inside shimmed out a little bit to give just enough offset that they will not rub the rails. I originally wanted to run the Iwaver Ford GT body, but that would not fit with the ML mount (need an MM length H-Plate) so I needed to run an MM body. I may adjust the setup for my Enzo body, so that I can run slightly wider wheels.

I also just received a C5R MR01 for Magic to race if he wants in.

michvin
2005.09.01, 10:35 AM

We are going to start running an MR01 series at ARCMS along with the MR02 and F1 that we currently run. I have prepped my MR01 with a PN ML motormount (98mm wheelbase) McLaren F1. The only thing that it is lacking is a ball diff. I lowered the front end, got rid of the front stabilizer/put 02 springs on top of knuckles, removed spacer under H-plate and added a couple small shims. I used 0 offset wheels with a wide bearing on the inside shimmed out a little bit to give just enough offset that they will not rub the rails. I originally wanted to run the Iwaver Ford GT body, but that would not fit with the ML mount (need an MM length H-Plate) so I needed to run an MM body. I may adjust the setup for my Enzo body, so that I can run slightly wider wheels.

I also just received a C5R MR01 for Magic to race if he wants in.
Wow. wow. wow.
Racing is strong and i'm out of action??? How this happened???
I know, EMU is lazy enough to call me :D :D

kidding, but will gladly join you in you trips to SI

EMU
2005.09.01, 10:42 AM
Wow. wow. wow.
Racing is strong and i'm out of action??? How this happened???
I know, EMU is lazy enough to call me :D :D

kidding, but will gladly join you in you trips to SI
Lost your number, my cell died. I have tried emailing you. Hope to see you soon ;) Any contact with Dennis?

michvin
2005.09.01, 11:04 AM
Lost your number, my cell died. I have tried emailing you. Hope to see you soon ;) Any contact with Dennis?
No... i have no idea what's up with him and his track....
I still have your cell, i'll call you today or tomorrow...

Lionblade
2005.09.01, 02:12 PM
Oh great. Another guy who's gonna blow past me. :rolleyes:

michvin
2005.09.01, 10:59 PM
Oh great. Another guy who's gonna blow past me. :rolleyes:
well... i think you're too fast with the conclusions ;)

Lionblade
2005.09.04, 02:27 AM
well... i think you're too fast with the conclusions ;)

Any plans to show up in the future? The B main is really interesting enough already (Ask Eugene. ;) ), but it'd be cool to have another competitior.

For example, tonight's B Main. I've got to say, that was the best race of any all night. Normally I'd say the A Main, but Willie Wong beat everyone by a lap or more. :rolleyes:

Eugene & I were dukin' it out for the last 2 minutes or so. We kept swapping the lead...then we hit traffic. I choked. :p Them last 30 seconds were something else though. I think I passed Eug the last time with 10 or so seconds left? Something like that. It's funny, though, I only won because he let me use his Enzo w/ a wing while my Enzo was drying...after being glued for about the 10th time. I need a new Enzo. :D

EMU
2005.09.04, 08:55 AM
I lapped the entire field in the first minute. Then was trying to keep my position 1lap+. Somebody T-Boned me, and my +1 lap was lost, I came out of the boards right in front of 2nd place. My car started to wash out on the hard right turns, so I had to start taking them slower. Which is where I was passed. Nice clean pass with less than 10 seconds to go. I knew I couldnt catch 1st, lost by less than 1 sec... Im the one the choked :eek: We finished with 42 laps.

Willy won the A main 48 laps. Magic finished 3rd 45 laps (2nd place was on the same lap).

Michvin, wed love to see you next race ;)

Lionblade
2005.09.04, 02:26 PM
Heh, yeaqh, maybe he could take care of Rob & Alex for us. :D (The Red enzo w/ white stripe and the white Enzo)

Trying to pass the 2 of them cleanly when they're fighting each other...not easy. I feel bad for Tom Price, he has to deal with them each week. They were hacking him pretty bad last night...I don't know, did he even race in his main?

I was surprised, though. Crop raced me really well, his brother Tom gave me room, and Al let me by when I was trying to catch you. :) I had figured I'd get less room, I ddin't think they were going to recognize me with a yellow Enzo.

Now we need 3 people fighting it out with 10 seconds left. ;)

EMU
2005.09.04, 03:49 PM
Crop has become more aware with what is happeneing on the track. Tom Jr. has allways been a good racer, the two of us share many lines, but we usually will wait for the other to make a mistake rather than push to pass. Crop will learn alot from driving F1 which will be incorporated in 02. First, will be line. Second will be bumping walls and other cars. In 02, you can bump and grind the walls a little, with less effect, the less you bump, the faster you will be.

It was kinda funny, when Crop was announcing in the beginning, I nearly had a lap on the field, and he was announcing your battling as if it was me (using my body). I know he had gotton used to my yellow body, so when I was using the new Team Silver and Green colors, he thought I was still the Yellow and Black.

Next time Vin, I will block your line. Your getting fast out there. Keep it up.

Michvin wont be racing Alex and Rob much, he would be B main/A main once he gets back into the hang of things. I learned alot by racing with him, and would love to race again.

arch2b
2005.09.04, 05:02 PM
come to the november regional gtg of the dc/pa/ny guys... big track, core timing, lots of nice people and bunch of fun :D i owuld love to get a chance to run with more of the ny guys.

Lionblade
2005.09.04, 05:11 PM
Next time Vin, I will block your line.

That's the beauty of it, though. When i couldn't run my line because someone was already there, the car would be able to take just about any line I tryed. Had to adjust for Crop the most. I was so surprised with the car, the wing made a lot more difference than I thought it would.

Your getting fast out there. Keep it up.

Willie and Bennet said the same thing about the car..I think I just picked the best 4 batteries for that heat. Though, the Speedy 05 could be breaking in. I got lucky, the handout I got was a fast motor. Unlike Johnathan, his would only do 17KPH on the Tamiya.He missed great racing Saturday.

It's too bad we don't have more ARCMS members on the board, things would get even more interesting.

michvin
2005.09.04, 11:44 PM
I see the hot setup iz Enzo out there?
Which side of RCP is it?
You guys run 10R/18F?
What motor/pinion? Just trying to get closer to best setup :)

Lionblade
2005.09.05, 12:31 AM
IMO, there is no BEST setup. I'm sure my setup and EMU's a very different, for example. I know he uses somewhere around 60% throttle, I prefer 76%. I think he uses an 8t, I use a 9t(though that's because my 8 got chewed up, I REFUSE to go to 7, and I'm too cheap to buy a pinion set.)The 9t suits me well, though, it'd be even better if we had a real straightaway. I don't think I ever hit top speed on the current layout.

I run the Speedy 05, I think EMU uses the Speedy NM & the BB. Pretty sure the RCP is on the smooth side, never really noticed.

You guys run 10R/18F?

Not sure what you mean..1/1o &1/18 scale, you mean? If so, I know Al is going to start running the 1/18 Micros & Xrays. Not a big following here for that, I don't think.

But overall, the Enzo does seem to be the weapon of choice here. I'll count the Enzos...
-Tom Price(yellow w/ blue stripe)
-Rob Price(Red)
-Alex(White)
-Bob K(Light Blue & Orange)
-John Brown(Red & Blue)
-Joe(Teal)
-Willie(Yellow)
-Roland(Blue & Pink)
-Nick(He had an orange one)
-EMU(1 Silver & Green, 1 Yellow w/ thick black stripe)
-Myself(Red & Loctite :p )

Al's been using a Supra, Tom Sr. a Mustang, Tom Jr. a Murcielago, Crop a 575, Johnathan a Gulf F1, Bennet a silver F1, & Magic's using a Modena with a huge-ass wing.

I think that's all of the better drivers. There's a few others who crash way too much to tell. :rolleyes: Dishonorable mention, though: the smaller Vin- 360 Modena...or as EMU & Mag know him as..SILVER CAR! :D

EMU
2005.09.05, 11:39 AM
I run 8r/15f. Almost the same setup that I ran at Canal, except slightly softer front springs, and 1deg tow bar. I am running an Atomic Stock BB motor, 9t pinion. I am planning to switch to either a Speedy BB or a Speedy NM with 8t pinion, the Atomic is very powerful. Track is rough side.

michvin
2005.09.06, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Lion, i'm sure you already figured it out from EMU's post:
XXf/XXr refers to tire softness front/rear. Thanks for detailed rundown of Enzos on the track. One last thing - what's 70% throttle? not sure i understand...
Thanks

EMU
2005.09.06, 04:08 PM
what's 70% throttle? not sure i understand...70% CH2 End Point Adjustment. Give more control of throttle, but less top. At around 65-70% you get full use of the throttle, but have more control than when it is at 100% (full throttle happens before holding the trigger down completely). I run around 65% and when the trigger is full down, the engine revs fully.

Lionblade
2005.09.06, 04:11 PM
70% CH2 End Point Adjustment. Give more control of throttle, but less top. At around 65-70% you get full use of the throttle, but have more control than when it is at 100%. During enduro's it becomes more important.

Especially when you run enduros like we do.

Wasn't the last one a doubleheader? I think it was an hour-long one, and then a 90 minute one. It would've been easier if we were in teams..and easier for me if the right front didn't roll off 11 damn times. :p

michvin
2005.09.06, 04:12 PM
70% CH2 End Point Adjustment.
ah, that... and backwards you leave 100%?
you still running iwaver Tx?

Thanks.

EMU
2005.09.06, 04:13 PM
I am running 2PL.

Different cars I set different backwards amounts. Depending on the motor. For cars with good braking motors, I lower the reverse. For cars that dont have good braking, I keep it at 100%.

For the MR01's, I have them around 40%, so I can use the reverse as brake.

I personally wouldnt really like team enduro's. I like to be on the track for the entire race. If they do teams, the pit-stops would not be as much fun.

I just watched the Open A Main video from the Winter Challenge... Roland was in the lead until about 1 minute to go, then his batteries dumped. Alan Mok did a pit-stop for him, but was too slow and he lost to Willy Wong. It was a great video...
http://www.hkshobby.com/VIDEO/OPEN.MPG

michvin
2005.09.06, 04:15 PM
I am running 2PL.
You can set endpoints on CH2 independently on 2PL, right? i don't remember... :( <- u answerd ;)
Al runs Enduro? what is the format?

Lionblade
2005.09.06, 04:22 PM
You can set endpoints on CH2 independently on 2PL, right? i don't remember... :( <- u answerd ;)
Al runs Enduro? what is the format?

The last format had all the drivers(10 or so) on the track at the same time. Straight 60 min. & 90 min., you had to stop to change batteries. And I had to stop to put tires back on. :D

Every once in a while we runs enduros, the format changes depending on how many people show up. If we have more than 10, we'd run teams. If we had 25+, we'd probably run separate Enduro heats. all circumstance.

I have my braking at 90%, I think. I don't use the brakes, so it's only used when my nose is in the wall..a high percentage comes in handy for the 2F2F-esque reverses through traffic to stay ahead. I've done that quite a bit, it looks really cool if you can pull it off.

EMU
2005.09.06, 04:23 PM
He does Enduro's about every 6 weeks or so. He usually does it between the points series seasons. We did 1 hour, with 30 min brake, then 1.5 hour. Each session is a seperate race, Magic won the hour of the last one and I came in 2nd. In the 1.5hr session, Magic came in 2nd, I came in 4th (poor pitstops).

Enduro winner gets a gift certificate if I remember correctly... :confused:

michvin
2005.09.06, 04:34 PM
He does Enduro's about every 6 weeks or so. He usually does it between the points series seasons. We did 1 hour, with 30 min brake, then 1.5 hour. Each session is a seperate race, Magic won the hour of the last one and I came in 2nd. In the 1.5hr session, Magic came in 2nd, I came in 4th (poor pitstops).

Enduro winner gets a gift certificate if I remember correctly... :confused:

This winning certificate reminds me of something :D
Magic is doing really well i can see. Nice to hear that. You two started to be hard to get rid of towards the end of HKS already - now i'll need to work to keep up with you guys :)

Lionblade
2005.09.06, 05:35 PM
This winning certificate reminds me of something :D
Magic is doing really well i can see. Nice to hear that. You two started to be hard to get rid of towards the end of HKS already - now i'll need to work to keep up with you guys :)

I don't know about Magic, but if you're in the B main, you'll have to deal with Eug and ME. We all know I'm a hack. :rolleyes:

I'm not being biased, but I think the B main is the most fun to compete in. The biggest range of driver skill (e.g. Eugene to Nick), so it's usually anyone's race. e.g. again, Alex & Rob started ahead of me, and they wound up finishing a good bit behind Eugene and myself.

I've raced in the A main before, and it's a bit too nervewracking. You know that if you screw up 2 times, you've lost. :p We screw up plenty of times, it gives you a hope that you can win. Not like when Willie or Roland takes the lead after 30 seconds, because they'll be there for the next 6:30. :rolleyes:

michvin
2005.09.06, 08:32 PM
Not like when Willie or Roland takes the lead after 30 seconds, because they'll be there for the next 6:30. :rolleyes:

oh that i know... been there before many times....

Lionblade
2005.09.06, 09:59 PM

We are going to start running an MR01 series at ARCMS along with the MR02 and F1 that we currently run. I have prepped my MR01 with a PN ML motormount (98mm wheelbase) McLaren F1. The only thing that it is lacking is a ball diff.

I competely missed this. I don't plan to run my 01, as it's way too stock to compete..but I have a Powerline ball diff still in there, if you want to use it..don't know if it's tight or loose, haven't touched it in a long time. Let me know if you want me to bring it Saturday.

EMU
2005.09.06, 11:06 PM
I have no need for 01 differentials. I have 2 Kyosho 01 diffs, and my McLaren 01 uses an 02 diff. All that is really needed to race is tires, bearings and a motor. Thats all that Gasman had when he won B main at the PN regional in his 01.

I prefer racing in the A. Better driver skill, you learn more each time you race. When you race with guys that are at your skill level, or lower, you dont learn as much. Also, you get more points as the last driver in A main than 1st place in B main, so getting in the A main means alot for the points race.

Michvin, I think you would still be very competitive. It may take you a few races to get back into the groove, but you should be back up to speed fairly quickly. Setup for the cars is fairly similar to Canal, although the turns are taken at higher speeds. You have raced RCP before, so you should know how it grips. Al does not make as technical tracks as Alan did :( Mainly so that he can run 18 scale and Xmods if people want to.

michvin
2005.09.06, 11:24 PM
I have no need for 01 differentials. I have 2 Kyosho 01 diffs, and my McLaren 01 uses an 02 diff. All that is really needed to race is tires, bearings and a motor. Thats all that Gasman had when he won B main at the PN regional in his 01.

I prefer racing in the A. Better driver skill, you learn more each time you race. When you race with guys that are at your skill level, or lower, you dont learn as much. Also, you get more points as the last driver in A main than 1st place in B main, so getting in the A main means alot for the points race.

Michvin, I think you would still be very competitive. It may take you a few races to get back into the groove, but you should be back up to speed fairly quickly. Setup for the cars is fairly similar to Canal, although the turns are taken at higher speeds. You have raced RCP before, so you should know how it grips. Al does not make as technical tracks as Alan did :( Mainly so that he can run 18 scale and Xmods if people want to.
Less technical - so Enzo be it! now i need to decide how to mark it to be able to tell it from others ;)
Are you going this Sat?

EMU
2005.09.06, 11:29 PM
Less technical - so Enzo be it! now i need to decide how to mark it to be able to tell it from others ;)
Are you going this Sat?
I should be there. Im jobless at the moment, so I am going to have to borrow from the fam :rolleyes: Had a job interview about a week and a half ago, but havent heard any news from them since. I almost felt I was going to start the next day, the interview went so well. Bah... I may just give in and call the old company I used to work at and ask for my old position back. I hate that place (in the summer it gets to about 120 degrees in the pool area if somebody uses either the sauna or steamroom. No AC :eek:

People do fairly well with the McLaren as well, although Enzo seems to be more dominant (in numbers as well as in wins). The winner of the 2nd enduro race used a McLaren. Bennet Lo uses a McLaren as well.

Lionblade
2005.09.06, 11:40 PM
People do fairly well with the McLaren as well, although Enzo seems to be more dominant (in numbers as well as in wins). The winner of the 2nd enduro race used a McLaren. Bennet Lo uses a McLaren as well.

Wasn't that Johnathan? The Gulf McLaren, I think. He did really well that day, but his car hasn't seemed to be the same since. seems slower, even before he put the handout 05 in it. He might want to go back to his old 05 if he hasn't already.

And even if it doesn't make him faster, I hope he does something to quiet that car...it's annoyingly loud at times, especially when I practice with him. He's good though. He got a lot better from the first time I saw him.

EMU
2005.09.06, 11:44 PM
Hes allways been a pretty good racer, most of the guys in SI are good comp. He needs to spend time and work on the spacing of his motor. I think he may be either pinching the gears, or slipping a little (poor gear mesh makes lots of noise, and slows you down).

Lionblade
2005.09.08, 09:54 AM
By the time we see him again, he should've fixed it. He'll probably have already fixed it by Saturday if we see him.

And I dunno if it's just me, but I have a hard time seeing the Gulf McLaren sometimes..is it navy blue? If Johnathan had kept the orange wheels, it'd be easy to see..but he's got black wheels. I don't know how, but he lost the right and left part of the wing. All he's got is the middle piece that has "Gulf" on it.

I think he'd really benefit from a 2PL..he's using the standard KT-5 now, and he does well. Either that, or my 2 KT-5's are crap..which is a distinct possibility. :D

We've been using this thread a lot for discussion not involving the PN race..maybe I should make a ARCMS topic in the New York forum?

Lionblade
2005.09.11, 12:19 PM
Finally got around to it.

Here (http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19325)