PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho to exclusively distribute the Core System!

CoreAnalog
2005.08.15, 11:12 AM
Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that Kyosho will exclusively distribute a customized version of the Core CRS. Core will be the official timing system used in all future Kyosho CUP events. We would like to thank all of the beta testers who helped us bring this exciting new technology to the racing scene :-)

We have a limited number of Core CRS units available for purchase. After these units are sold, we will no longer sell units directly to the public. All future systems will be available through Kyosho and their worldwide retailers. For sales inquiries, please send email to sales at corespeedway.com.

Thanks to all who supported us!

--Core

gasman1
2005.08.15, 11:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

We are pleased to announce that Kyosho will exclusively distribute a customized version of the Core CRS. Core will be the official timing system used in all future Kyosho CUP events. We would like to thank all of the beta testers who helped us bring this exciting new technology to the racing scene :-)

We have a limited number of Core CRS units available for purchase. After these units are sold, we will no longer sell units directly to the public. All future systems will be available through Kyosho and their worldwide retailers. For sales inquiries, please send email to sales at corespeedway.com.

Thanks to all who supported us!

--Core

does that mean I can finally get the system I pre-ordered last October from you guys? email me if you don't want to post dsustello@ugi.com

briankstan
2005.08.15, 11:37 AM
I'm in that same boat, will you be shipping the pre-ordered systems soon?

Brian

Zrc
2005.08.15, 03:19 PM
Great news for all of us who have been waiting to see what was in the works. The "contact" section of the website seems to be only for technical support. Is sales@corespeedway.com the correct contact addy for info on systems you have available now ?? Thanks

briankstan
2005.08.15, 03:30 PM
that email is good, its the one I used to pre-order my system.

Zrc
2005.08.15, 03:33 PM
Thanks Brian,
BTW, really appreciate all the help you've been. Myself and another club member just ordered 2 Wide L's each. 4 L's should make us the largest RCP track in Florida and the Core will be ordered as soon as I get details. Can't wait to put some of those track designs of yours to work.

briankstan
2005.08.15, 04:12 PM
Wow, 4 wide "L" track will make a huge track, I too am excited to receive my core timing system. it's probably a good idea to order directly from core while you still can, you never know what Kyosho will be charging for them.

It sounds like you have a great club going, when you get a website be sure and let me know, so I can check it out.

Brian

gasman1
2005.08.16, 06:43 AM
does that mean I can finally get the system I pre-ordered last October from you guys? email me if you don't want to post dsustello@ugi.com

Come on guys, I sent you several emails yesterday with no reply. I've waited too long to buy this system from you. Our club even offered to Beta test the unit for you.
I don't want to have to deal with Kyosho and whatever their markup is going to be. That's why I preordered. I had faith in what you were doing to wait until you were ready to release the unit. Not to have waited and then have to deal with some 3rd party retailer who is probably going to sell it for more than what the general public can afford. Remember, your initial pricing is what got everyone going crazy about your system in the first place.

machine
2005.08.16, 10:29 AM
Good for Core to get something up (now i need to save all over again :( ) but bad for the consumer as i'm sure the price will be kicked up a few notches. Good to know that I'll be able to get it from my local dealer.

rkk
2005.08.16, 02:39 PM
Even looking at the core site they are talking about almost $800. What happened to a consumer grade timing system?

briankstan
2005.08.16, 03:27 PM
Even looking at the core site they are talking about almost $800. What happened to a consumer grade timing system?

that price is assuming you will need 24 transponders. that is were that additional 200 is coming from.

I pre-ordered and saved the addional 100, plus I only got 12 transponders.

It is still a bit high, but have you looked at the cost of the other systems? they are at least double.

Zrc
2005.08.16, 04:00 PM
Hey All,
Is Core normally a bit slow to respond?? I e-mailed them at sales@corespeedway.com yesterday right after I saw this new announcement and haven't received a response. Is there any better way to contact them?? BTW, word on some 10th scale forums is that AMB is about to get some competition. MRT in the UK may be producing a transponder that will sell for quite a bit less and will work with AMBrc systems....an upgrade from their existing unit which only works with AMB20.

briankstan
2005.08.16, 05:48 PM
Hey All,
Is Core normally a bit slow to respond?? I e-mailed them at sales@corespeedway.com yesterday right after I saw this new announcement and haven't received a response. Is there any better way to contact them??

It usually takes them a day or two, I email them also to see if my system has shipped, I haven't heard from the yet, either.

imxlr8ed
2005.08.16, 05:52 PM
O.k... false start again ? Do I still hear music ? :D Core... if anyone gets heated about this whole thing, remember, you guys brought this on yourselves by posting about this thing way too early. I'm not going to do that, I don't think anyone else will either. Everyone has been very patient and cordial about it, but I think now, after a post like that, you need to be more involved with your buyers. Quit talking between the lines, and give us dates... get back to your customers, it's the information age. I hope you guys do very well ! I hope to be clocking some laps on your system very soon ! :o

(I only post this with the hopes that real info. gets out, after reading all of the above posts, it seems like once again, nobody knows any real details about the shipping dates, are they going to fill all pre-orders, or just some ?)

herman
2005.08.17, 12:07 AM
hmmm.... sent mail to sales@corespeedway.com too....

requesting for a quote to ship a system to the philippines...

hope they respond... :D

briankstan
2005.08.17, 07:20 AM
Ok, I received a reply email from core, they said they will be shipping my system by the end of this week, they said that they are packing up the systems now.

I just wanted to let everyone know, that they are ready to deliver. I don't know anything other than that.

I'm so excited. :) :) :)

Brian

gasman1
2005.08.17, 08:21 AM
Ok, I received a reply email from core, they said they will be shipping my system by the end of this week, they said that they are packing up the systems now.

I just wanted to let everyone know, that they are ready to deliver. I don't know anything other than that.

I'm so excited. :) :) :)

Brian

did you pay them when you preordered?
they didn't ask me for any money when I preordered.

I still haven't heard from them yet

briankstan
2005.08.17, 09:04 AM
did you pay them when you preordered?
they didn't ask me for any money when I preordered.

I still haven't heard from them yet

yes, I paid them back in April, that's why I have been so anxious to receive it. :eek:

Brian

Zrc
2005.08.17, 01:17 PM
Good for you Brian!! I'm sure we'll get plenty of updates after you receive it. Hopefully, we'll be able to join the fun also.

arch2b
2005.08.17, 07:22 PM
thanks for continuing to post updates brian :p

Twenty-Se7en
2005.08.17, 10:35 PM
What is Kyosho's price for the core system? Where can I buy one? I am sick of the basic lapcounter we have here... lazer and flag system *sigh*

briankstan
2005.08.17, 10:58 PM
What is Kyosho's price for the core system? Where can I buy one? I am sick of the basic lapcounter we have here... lazer and flag system *sigh*

if you hurry you may still be able to purchase one from Core before Kyosho adds their mark up to them. email sales@corespeedway.com they can give you the info you need, I don't think anything has been published as far as a new price.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.08.18, 06:02 PM
What is the "old" price? I haven't seen a figure... or pictures or video of it working... I know Arch2b has one but that is it....

briankstan
2005.08.18, 07:05 PM
What is the "old" price? I haven't seen a figure... or pictures or video of it working... I know Arch2b has one but that is it....

look here http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=180391&postcount=281 for what was the published pricing, I don't know what or if there will be new pricing, you will have to contact core for that.

I will post some pics and some video of the system in operation as soon as I receive it on monday or tuesday. I have only heard good thing from all of those that have been testing or have had the oppurtunity to race on a track using the core system.

Brian

arch2b
2005.08.20, 11:23 AM
core has approxi. pricing comparison on his website

Timing System

Base System Cost
AMB-it $2155.00
24 Transponders
$2280.00
Software Cost
$1105.00
Total Cost
$5540.00

Base System Cost
KOPROPO ARC $2650.00
Transponders
limited to 20 cars
Software Cost
basic included
Total Cost
$2650.00

Base System Cost
Lap-Z $799.00
24 Transponders
$1416.00
Software Cost
included
Total Cost
$2215.00

Base System Cost
Core CRS $599.00
24 Transponders
$196.00
Software Cost
included
Total Cost
$795.00

i have no idea what the kyosho pricing will be set at but i can almost garrauntee you they will have a nice mark up. after all, kyohso doesn't sell much of anything for budget racers :rolleyes:

the positive side to all this is, core will become the standard in future mini-z racing events. that means once you buy your transponder for your system, your friends or your lhs's, you will not have to buy new ones or even worry about them when you go to national or regional events.

you also have to see the plus side to kyosho distributing core, it will be available anywhere kyosho products are sold.

i for one am extactic about the potential and possibilities of a product that i helped test. i could not be more happy for core.

my only complaint will be kyosho pricing. they have a real chance to steal the market entirely with conitnued average racer pricing that core started with. i'm just afraid that corporate greed will sink in as it does with just about everything else and push it out of the average racers reach like all the others. that would be the ultimate tragedy if it were to happen.

afterall, here is one of the main points made by core himself,
...We have developed a revolutionary product that, for the first time, brings professional grade RC timing and scoring hardware and software down to an affordable level.

Maxfield
2005.08.20, 06:29 PM
Hey Core -

I'm due to get my preordered shipment next week, but will you still sell me more transponders if I send you an email. I only ordered 6 regular ones and 3 F1's and I think I need more now. I'm n ot sure how long iot will take 'til Kyosho has them available or when my LHS my take the plunge and order a few sets.

Thanks

arch2b
2006.04.23, 10:25 PM
any idea what kyosho is doing with this? any suggestions regarding timelines have come and gone long ago.

briankstan
2006.05.08, 02:29 PM
any idea what kyosho is doing with this? any suggestions regarding timelines have come and gone long ago.

Wow, the silence....Hello..Hello..is anyone there.

leonen
2006.08.03, 02:40 PM
Wow, the silence....Hello..Hello..is anyone there.

For what I read..... Is this system trustworthy ? I mean, will you guys give REAL support to new customers?

briankstan
2006.08.03, 02:59 PM
For what I read..... Is this system trustworthy ? I mean, will you guys give REAL support to new customers?

My system has been very reliable. I did have some issue after upgrading form the origional to the latest software, but those that start with the new software hadn't had those issues.

I have had no Hardware issues at all, and all my software issues have been solved with a little trouble shooting.

there are alos lot's of members here that have and use their systems on a weekly basis. sometimes daily for me. :D

I still recommend it, and when Kyosho releases it I'm sure the support will be there and all the little bugs resolved.

brushless
2006.09.01, 03:51 PM
I spoke to Kyosho about this timing system around 2 weeks ago. They said that it would probably sell for around $1,500 and will take at least 6 more months to make it to market. I would really give it about 8-10 months.

Does anyone have any experience with the RCLapCounter timing system? We were thinking of getting that instead.

imxlr8ed
2006.09.01, 03:56 PM
Whoa !!! $1500 ?!?!

Wow ! Real price saver there ! :rolleyes:

Gee, wonder what the Xponders will sell for ?!?!

Don't get me wrong here, I think Core is the coolest thing since sliced bread, but at $1500 ?... they are yanking the bread right out of the private club's pockets.

Affordability is the key to this scale of racing, I hope they rationalize this eventually.

briankstan
2006.09.01, 04:11 PM
yea, no kidding. If I had to pay that, we would still be counting our laps in our heads.

without the availability of an affordable timing system I would guess that all the clubs that are running HFAY wouldn't have them either. This in turn would have cost the sell of may parts and RTR sets. Man they really are cutting off the hand that feeds then.

it the timing system stayed affordable there is no limit to where this scale of racing can grow to, maybe even alot bigger than the larger scales. This could essentually hurt, rather than help the hobby.

I'm very disappointed in Kyosho for charging what they will. I bet the system only cost them less than $20 to manufacture the hardware. I know that most of it is in the software, but that has mostly been done by Core. The mark up is simply outragous. :mad: :mad:

I guess they would rather sell to the few clubs/ hobby shops that have tracks and actually provide racing. rather than the thousands of us that actually do racing an have tracks..... sounds like a sound buisness plan to mee... :confused:

Draconious
2006.09.01, 04:36 PM
Well... maybe they are including a small lap top, or equivelent ;) which might make it worth the 1500... Sounds like software testing or something is causing a delay... maybe a Palm like device version of the software? :)

The real problem is liscensing, manufacturer profit, brand profit, and retail chain profit... $1500 will likely be the MSRP... once texas instruments gets their TAGIT liscensing, Kyosho gets thir profit, the manufacturer gets theirs, and places like the shop here get their cut for doing the actualy hard work of selling the dang thing... it all adds up... but they did not need to DOUBLE it lol.

imxlr8ed
2006.09.01, 06:00 PM
I think if they focused on a real promotion of the MiniZ... (instead of just letting us do it) they would do quite well.

If they had a cheap lap counter, it would mean more racing, which means more sales of their cars, and more track systems, which means more clubs, more racing, more breakages, more parts... ect., ect.

(Mo Money... Mo Money... Mo Money :D )

I personally think that Kyosho may try to incorporate the RFID into a newer ESC, whick is cool... but it seems to have a hint of Big Brother if you ask me ! ;)

Actually, if it would go that route... I would say they wouldn't be far away from something like we already have with HFAY.

But I don't think they will replace us... ever... (unless it's a really kick-ass series)....... (but I severely doubt that !)

Just looking into my crystal ball again !

rkk
2006.09.04, 09:08 PM
At that price they shouldn't even waste their time to release it. There are other products available in around that price point that are proven at other scales, although not ideal for mini-z. Looks like it is time to dust of the RFID project again. Ideally we could get an rfid soltion that could be used to signal any of the readily available software for AMB systems. 13.56 readers are about $100 (less than 10 quantity) and then the tags are about $1 each.

arch2b
2006.09.04, 09:19 PM
unfortunately, i don't think kyosho had the same market in mind as core did when he developed and sold the core system. they more be more interested in teh established racing circuits in eurpoe and asia where mini-z are far more main stream. lets face it, in the u.s., these are not seen as real competitve cars by the majority of the rc community, namely the larger scale drivers. i can not tell you aow many time i was dismissed at hobby shops when i mentioned racing mini-z's.... no offense to us, but they just don't take us sereiously or atleast the lhs shops i've run into don't.

barring any large changes between the core release and the final kyosho productio, your best bet will be sourcing a used core system.

there are other systems out there in the core price range, like giro-z but it's not likely to be as popular due to requiring expensive transponders and hardwiring them to chassis power. these were the biggest complaints about the abm-it system.

brushless
2006.09.04, 09:46 PM
We will probably get the RCLapCounter system in a week or so. It is around $500 and is an infrared solution. The transponders are tiny also which will work on our Mini-Zs.

LBRC
2006.09.04, 11:44 PM
If the Kyosho Core System is too expensive it really wouldn’t take that much to make one.

http://www.ti.com/rfid/shtml/products.shtml

http://www.ti.com/rfid/docs/manuals/brochures/Tag-it_Bro.pdf

Simple stand alone database with date/time entries down to 1/100th of a second or better, for example using Access developer. Why even bother with a coded transponder keep it cheep and simple with just the unique id so any old Tag-it transponder with the right frequency would work including the Core transponders or that old lift ticket hanging off your jacket zipper.

Btman
2006.09.05, 04:39 PM
The missing link in small scale/home RC racing has always been affordable, reliable, easy to use lap counting IMO. It has to be affordable enough that individuals who want to track lap times/speeds for tuning/practice purposes can afford it. I think the target price should be approx $300 for a system that tracks 2 cars that is expandable to 6 or more cars.

bolter9
2006.09.05, 05:09 PM
The missing link in small scale/home RC racing has always been affordable, reliable, easy to use lap counting IMO. It has to be affordable enough that individuals who want to track lap times/speeds for tuning/practice purposes can afford it. I think the target price should be approx $300 for a system that tracks 2 cars that is expandable to 6 or more cars.

I absolutely agree- I've only got a couple guys in my "club"...I'd like a laptimer, but can't justify $1500 to track times for a few racers. The $3-400 price range is much more reasonable.

CoreAnalog
2006.09.06, 10:53 PM
I spoke to Kyosho about this timing system around 2 weeks ago. They said that it would probably sell for around $1,500 and will take at least 6 more months to make it to market. I would really give it about 8-10 months.

Does anyone have any experience with the RCLapCounter timing system? We were thinking of getting that instead.

I think that estimate is way off... Are you sure they were talking about the 1:28 scale version? If anything it will be cheaper than the current price from us directly. I can't comment further since we are under NDA. But, I think people will be very happy when the system is finally released (soon). All of this speculation leads to false rumors...

--Core

briankstan
2006.09.07, 12:04 AM
I think that estimate is way off... Are you sure they were talking about the 1:28 scale version? If anything it will be cheaper than the current price from us directly. I can't comment further since we are under NDA. But, I think people will be very happy when the system is finally released (soon). All of this speculation leads to false rumors...

--Core

is Kyosho going to support the products that were purchased from you directly. I mean with software updates? thanks for the info if you have any.

arch2b
2006.09.07, 05:08 AM
well, thats a relief.

in the absence of information, information will be substituted. considering when you indicated this would happen and now, i have little faith in kyosho thus far, especially when it comes to diseminating information. atleast with rtr's and such we get advance warning sometimes a year in advance via hobby shows and press leaks.

i can honestly say i hope you are right core. if they pull it off it will be huge, if not there will be backlash from this forum atleast being it's a big core supporter.

brushless
2006.09.07, 07:19 AM
Why would I sit here and post false information? I am just telling you what Kyosho told me! They said it would be a minimum of 6 months away, but realistically about 8-10 months and the system would cost around $1,500.

arch2b
2006.09.07, 08:41 AM
slow down.... take a breath :p

you are both talking to different kyosho people who don't necessarily know the same information. it's not uncommon for one arm not to be doing what the other is when you have a large corporation.

considering core developed the product and is working with kyosho directly, i would have to assume his information superceeds information from a kyosho rep. it's just a matter of who is higher up the food chain and might have access to more up to date information.

i applaud your efforts to ask a kyosho rep abotu core and even mor props for sharing the information. without which, core might not have responded as such considering there is a long thread on this already to which no reply has been posted in a long time.

brushless
2006.09.07, 08:54 AM
The only reason I asked Kyosho about that in the first place is because I wanted a low cost timing system and I couldn't buy the one from Core off their web site. I'm not mad or anything like that, but I do know how long development can take for these things. If Core was selling it for $895, I have no doubt that Kyosho will sell it for $1,500 when their version comes out. That just how things work.

Now when you consider purchasing Kyosho's version of Core compared to something like the AMB system, Kyosho's will still be priced a lot cheaper, but most hobby shops don't want to spend $1,500 on a timing system! I want one for our RCP Mini-Z track and will be getting the RCLapCounter system. It's around $500. If there was more competition in this lower end market, I think we could get more people interested in the hobby since more shops would be able to purchase a timing system.

briankstan
2006.09.07, 09:12 AM
The only reason I asked Kyosho about that in the first place is because I wanted a low cost timing system and I couldn't buy the one from Core off their web site. I'm not mad or anything like that, but I do know how long development can take for these things. If Core was selling it for $895, I have no doubt that Kyosho will sell it for $1,500 when their version comes out. That just how things work.

Now when you consider purchasing Kyosho's version of Core compared to something like the AMB system, Kyosho's will still be priced a lot cheaper, but most hobby shops don't want to spend $1,500 on a timing system! I want one for our RCP Mini-Z track and will be getting the RCLapCounter system. It's around $500. If there was more competition in this lower end market, I think we could get more people interested in the hobby since more shops would be able to purchase a timing system.

Have you contacted Core directly? I just mention this because they have not been available from the website for quite awhile, but others have been able to secure a system by contacting them directly. I confident that you would really love the Core system and I can vouche for it. I've had a few little issues that have been resolved and right now the Core System is the standard for Mini-z's. you might want to give it a try.

brushless
2006.09.07, 09:27 AM
I haven't contacted them directly. When I saw that message on their web site, I thought they didn't have them. I just now came across another timing system that's even cheaper than the RCLapCounter system. It's called TrackMate and it sells for $450. They even have a lower cost version that sells for $300!!

arch2b
2006.09.07, 10:13 AM
there are countless other things that add into the cost such as transponders, etc. some even charge for software.

the cost evaluation on the core site provides an accurate comparison of ownership costs between many of the available systems. maybe core could update that to include giro-z and the latest additions to the market.

imxlr8ed
2006.09.07, 10:53 AM
Well, if anything... I'm sure we all have a real good idea of the market out there. We all want it cheap, but how cheap ?

I can remember a time when I was looking into KoPropos for around $2k... there are a few other systems on the market now, but I love Core for it's purity and it lack of intrusion on the car's general operation... that's why it wins with me everytime I look at other systems.

Keep the updates coming, silence from the source just makes the rumors more audible.

I just hope they keep it under a thousand !!!

Also curious if we could arrange a corporate team-up here... maybe sell an HFAY package ? A Core system and 2 Wide "L"s from RCP as a complete package ? Just another possible sales point for you guys ! :D

(just another wacky idea !)