PDA

View Full Version : Another weird problem

T Man
2005.08.21, 10:54 AM
My monster was running fine yesterday, even after I put a new PCB board with FETs in it. However, this morning, I go to play with it and I have no throttle response. The steering works fine all the time, but I get intermittent control of the throttle, i.e. I will only have control of it for a few seconds and then it will shut off for some amount of time (which is different for each time). I have a 2X3 FET stack and a PN S03 motor. I have checked every electrical connection and everything seems to be fine. Could I have fried a FET somewhere in either stack?

kehern15
2005.08.21, 12:47 PM
that sounds about write, i dont know what else could be the problem, as long as all the other wires are properly connected, its a fried FET, sorry!

T Man
2005.08.21, 01:03 PM
that sounds about write, i dont know what else could be the problem, as long as all the other wires are properly connected, its a fried FET, sorry!
The thing is, I thought the throttle wasn't supposed to work at all if a FET was fried. It does in fact work some of the time, but not for long.

T Man
2005.08.21, 01:19 PM
LOL, it turns out that it was the motor itself. I just replaced the S03 with a Speedy and it worked! I'm happy now. :o

kehern15
2005.08.23, 06:53 PM
that makes sense too, i have to rememer that sometimes the motor is messed up, and not the electronics!

azzachaz
2005.08.23, 07:36 PM
that makes sense too, i have to rememer that sometimes the motor is messed up, and not the electronics!

Yeah, I've had that problem in a mini-r when the motor was "cogging". If you pushed the car forward with your foot the car would go again.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.08.23, 07:56 PM
when a motor only works at like half speed when you push it that probably means a few things...the comm needs to be cleaned, the wire needs to be resoldered to the comm or the brushes aren't properly seated on the comm. That happens to me all the time but usually because i totally overheated the motor!