PDA

View Full Version : How Much Interest is there in a New Mini Z Race Track in NJ!

RCmagic
2005.08.21, 02:23 PM
Hello Fellow Miniz friends.

Friend and I have been seriously considering opening up a MiniZ Track and shop in the North Jersey Area about 15-20 minutes out of the NYC.

Bergen Passaic County are the areas we are looking into.

Before we step into this we wondered what the interest would be.
Hope to have something by winter of 05.
Planned on racing at least once during the weekend and once during the week.

Please let me know how much interest there would be this winter in NJ for this. Thanks!

EMU
2005.08.21, 05:38 PM
Action RC Speedway (www.actionrcspeedway.com) is located in Staten Island, NY, very close to the bridge that goes to NJ.

I have contemplated starting a track in the past, but seriously, it would be much more of a headache than I would want. There is not much room for profit, considering that most racers would be buying their parts off of the internet if they can save a few bucks.

RCmagic
2005.08.22, 08:22 AM
Action RC Speedway (www.actionrcspeedway.com) is located in Staten Island, NY, very close to the bridge that goes to NJ.

I have contemplated starting a track in the past, but seriously, it would be much more of a headache than I would want. There is not much room for profit, considering that most racers would be buying their parts off of the internet if they can save a few bucks.

I know what your saying. But all im looking for is people to let me know if they have interest in a track in NJ so let me konw guys.

ruknd@aol.com
2005.08.25, 03:04 PM
N NJ is MUCH more convienent than staten island

theJumpoff
2005.08.26, 07:06 PM
lol id be much more interested in one in manhattan or queens, you could take over where HKS used to be =)

imxlr8ed
2005.08.26, 08:11 PM
If you build it... Dorks will come... :D

Jersey is no problem !
More tracks, the better !!! Competition is where it's at ! The guys are always looking for road trips ! (maybe around ChrisHanuKwanzaa ?)

For anyone else out there looking to get clubs rolling, but don't want the hassle of making tons of money from your racers. :rolleyes: I'll say it again... contact your local government in some way, remember... they are supposed to work for you !!! If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be non-profit... and I would have no fun dealing with this as a business.

I must say though... with all the new rides that'll be out next year, the growing variety of Mini RC, all the different hops for them, you should do very well.
Good luck !

Ibrake Ifry
2005.09.02, 03:38 PM
Hey try to build a track around the middlesex county area...where i live i have to drive at least 45 minutes to get to a track!

theJumpoff
2005.09.02, 04:27 PM
well youre lucky, where i live i have to travel through 3 bouroughs to get to action rc mini speedway in staten island :(

EMU
2005.09.02, 05:00 PM
Takes me about 2 hours to get to Action RC... Which is why I only race once a week.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.09.05, 12:24 AM
do they run modifieds a lot in action rc?

EMU
2005.09.05, 01:29 PM
do they run modifieds a lot in action rc?
If there are 3 or more that want to run a specific class, they will run it.

Lionblade
2005.09.05, 04:27 PM
Takes me about 2 hours to get to Action RC... Which is why I only race once a week.

Take me 20 minutes, and I only race once a week. ;)
Like I always say, good thing my family's not rich. I'd be at the track 5 days a week, have every part imaginable, and be very good. :rolleyes:

Then again, we'd all be if we had the money. :D

ZYHAC
2006.02.14, 08:38 AM
If anyone is intrested in a track in Manhattan or in the Bronx, let me know. I do not want to waste time on building a track if everyone would like to go to NJ or SI. Now I am not trying to compete with anyone else trying to build a track, but I do know like for me it is hard trying to go to SI or NJ all the time. So let me know what you would like.

SaiTam
2006.02.14, 10:20 AM
There are always people who are interested if you can build a challenging track. Not many of us like to go to S.I. if we don't live there.

Namuna
2006.06.09, 06:40 PM
Hello Fellow Miniz friends.

Friend and I have been seriously considering opening up a MiniZ Track and shop in the North Jersey Area about 15-20 minutes out of the NYC.

Bergen Passaic County are the areas we are looking into.

Before we step into this we wondered what the interest would be.
Hope to have something by winter of 05.
Planned on racing at least once during the weekend and once during the week.

Please let me know how much interest there would be this winter in NJ for this. Thanks!

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but if there's still a possibility in the Bergen Passaic County area I'm IN (I live in Secaucus).

...Heck, I'd even be willing to help get it going.

Let me know.

Thanks.

marc
2006.06.26, 01:40 PM
Wish there was a track in Colorado Springs, closest one I know of is one in Denver and they REQUIRE foam tires on their tracks. Haven't been there in a year or so, so I don't even know if they still race.

soulstice
2006.08.03, 01:07 PM
I'm interested. I've never been able to make it out to ARC yet.