PDA

View Full Version : MCl@Byebye Raceway

byebye
2005.08.23, 08:47 PM
Here's my MCL on my track setup in my fancy london Flat.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album477/MCL_ByebyeRacewayUK.wmv

-Byebye

arch2b
2005.08.23, 09:06 PM
very fast :eek: very creative fix for the odd angle wall in the corner.

byebye
2005.08.24, 03:25 AM
I had a hard time figuring out how to maximize track length. I used the rcptrackbuilder.com. The stupid corner luckily didn't take up alot of track. It's basiclly a corner setup without the corner piece. I had to cut the two tiles leading up to the corner then fill the empty space with some left over cut pieces. I also had to cut a rail then I just threw a whole rail in front of the wood. It's not buttoned down but thats ok. That area doesn't really get hit.

-Byebye

saiyan
2005.08.24, 04:42 AM
Atleast you're able to race on a fairly large track givin the space available. Looks great, and good job on figuering out the layout, though it must of been hard to cut up some track to get it done. ;)

byebye
2005.08.24, 04:48 AM
It was and I had only cut the two leading up to the corner and two rails. I almost used both wide L's. I had maybe 7 tiles left and a few rails. For some reason I have a whole bag full of pins? I don't think I will have enough room anytime soon to fully utilize 2 wide L's.

-Byebye

Lionblade
2005.08.24, 11:45 AM
What a fun looking track. Even better since your McLaren isn't far from literally flying. :D

Bad track for my SLR, though. I need just one full straight, it wouldn't matter if there were 4 hairpins after it. :p

Maybe you'll find someone to race with in jolly ol' London? It'd be a blast on such a small track with 2 or 3 people...especially if you used 1/18 scale. Imagine trying to pass then. :rolleyes:

byebye
2005.08.26, 03:43 AM
What a fun looking track. Even better since your McLaren isn't far from literally flying. :D

Bad track for my SLR, though. I need just one full straight, it wouldn't matter if there were 4 hairpins after it. :p

Maybe you'll find someone to race with in jolly ol' London? It'd be a blast on such a small track with 2 or 3 people...especially if you used 1/18 scale. Imagine trying to pass then. :rolleyes:

I can tell you that if it wasn't for my wife and my son having the same interest in mini-z's and rc in general I wouldn't have the track and collection that I have today. It's there track as well and last night was the first time we ran all 3 1/18th scales. It was too tight to pass and it really the purpose of purchasing 1/18th was soley for drifting. I'm real good at it and my sons duratrax car is fast and torquey so it's easier for him to drift. My wife is running the microRS4 but still learning how to control the drift with the throttle.

I hope to eventually get Mondo down here to race with. There are some other UK/London members but it's few and far between.

-Byebye