PDA

View Full Version : RCP Track @ Chinatown Night Market, Vancouver, BC

vertical
2005.08.29, 02:44 PM
This is a FREE event hosted by Chinatown Next, Driven To Perform and RevScene. There will be an aftermarket car competition / show, DJ's, fully interactive RC car zone, dancers, marketplace, great drinks, food - just a great night of fun for all ages. Cap off your summer by participating in this event designed to revitalize and to reconnect our city's youth with the beautiful Chinatown district.

Date: Saturday September 3rd, 2005, 7pm - 11pm
City: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Location: Chinatown Night Market, @ corner of Keefer St. & Columbia St.
Cost: Free

We will be bringing out our RCP Track for Kyosho Mini-Zs to race on. For this event it will be mainly for demonstration and will include free track use for those who have vehicles and an opportunity to "test drive" for those who don't.

machine
2005.08.29, 08:28 PM
can i bring out a few guys to run on the track? There is about 10 of us that have miniz and Iwavers and currently run out in surrey from time to time on ozite. Is there a place to sit and tune or is it a "find a place and stand"?

Thanks

machine
2005.08.29, 09:01 PM
missed the edit time

I've also posted the info for the event here http://server08.ipslink.com/~nanospee/forums/index.php?act=idx

bolter9
2005.08.29, 09:19 PM
dammit dammit dammit!! I was just in Vancouver 3 weeks ago. ARRGGH I've gotta get the timing down better.

(my sister in law lives there, and we visit every few months, from WA state).

Fish
2005.08.30, 10:36 AM
Hi machine, I sent you an e-mail about this, not sure if you receieved it. You guys are most certainly welcome. As for a place to sit and tune, we'll have a few tables and chairs out there, but I'm not sure if we'll have enough space for everyone. Initial response for this event has been pretty dang good, considering we only started to get details out to the local r/c people yesterday. :p

We're hoping that this becomes the first of a hopefully regular gathering of 1/28th-ish scale car guys here in Vancouver. Ken @ Indy Hobby is also working on the possibility of holding another event like this in a local mall in Richmond sometime in in the fall, and we're also in talks with some people about space to possibly run the track regularly.

bolter9
2005.08.30, 01:30 PM
Hi machine, I sent you an e-mail about this, not sure if you receieved it. You guys are most certainly welcome. As for a place to sit and tune, we'll have a few tables and chairs out there, but I'm not sure if we'll have enough space for everyone. Initial response for this event has been pretty dang good, considering we only started to get details out to the local r/c people yesterday. :p

We're hoping that this becomes the first of a hopefully regular gathering of 1/28th-ish scale car guys here in Vancouver. Ken @ Indy Hobby is also working on the possibility of holding another event like this in a local mall in Richmond sometime in in the fall, and we're also in talks with some people about space to possibly run the track regularly.

Is that Johan Center, or the mall with Daiso and the BMW store? I was at the latter when we were in Vancouver a few weeks ago, and was thinking it'd be a great local for a mini z race.

Is it possible to keep me in the loop about mini Z events in Vancouver? It'd be a blast to get the chance to race with you guys sometime :D

Fish
2005.08.30, 11:59 PM
Is that Johan Center, or the mall with Daiso and the BMW store? I was at the latter when we were in Vancouver a few weeks ago, and was thinking it'd be a great local for a mini z race.

Is it possible to keep me in the loop about mini Z events in Vancouver? It'd be a blast to get the chance to race with you guys sometime :D

It will probably be Aberdeen Center, the mall with Daiso and the BMW store. We were actually supposed to hold a race there last year, but that was cancelled at the last minute.

You've e-mailed me recently through the site, so think I've got your e-mail addy sitting around somewhere. I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

machine
2005.08.31, 09:50 AM
yup got your email, just haven't replied i'm slow.

I'm coming down for sure and i've got 2 guys coming as well. Is there space for another table, i've got a folding 10 footer available. If not me and my box of Z are coming anyways.

I've contacted a few smaller malls in the delta surrey area about holding a race event inside, response seems good, but i haven't heard back from them on prices and/or constrants. Suppose i should be calling and following up soon.

I'm also pooling funds for a Core Lap system to go with my ozite track, we should talk about a race series maybe, could be with a few store sponsers and really get the 1/28th scale crowd running in full swing again. A few different venues, a few different surfaces and a few different layouts should make a interesting series.

As for space, I've got a room available for tracks and races, It's out of the public eye but i used it often for track nights. Usually get about 7 to 10 people out to run, nothing organized but it's still a blast.

bolter9
2005.08.31, 10:44 AM
It will probably be Aberdeen Center, the mall with Daiso and the BMW store. We were actually supposed to hold a race there last year, but that was cancelled at the last minute.

You've e-mailed me recently through the site, so think I've got your e-mail addy sitting around somewhere. I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

Thanks Fish- between this forum and miniz canada forum, I can't remember who I've contacted already.

machine
2005.09.05, 12:31 PM
Made a big post on my forums, here's the link to it.

http://server08.ipslink.com/~nanospee/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=14&t=362&st=0#entry2242

If this isn't good, LMK and i'll post the pictures here as well, just took to longthe first time.

CHeers

bolter9
2005.09.06, 11:12 AM
hey looks like a great event!

good to see mini zs out in public.

Fish
2005.09.06, 01:41 PM
Nice pics, machine. Jacob didn't have a chance to take too many pics. What we have is here:

http://www.blitzgear.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=12

Too bad we weren't able to take more pictures of Mark's bodies. That CLK-GTR was very impressive, he showed some of the finer details of the body. And he's got that Ferrari F1 with the custom aero and double wide wheels in the rear, very impressive work.