PDA

View Full Version : Feature Requests

CoreAnalog
2005.08.30, 11:22 PM
Please post any features that you guys might want added for future software releases. We'll be happy to add any that are reasonable :-) We still have a list of features to implement from our beta testers so don't expect things to be done overnight.

--Core

arch2b
2005.08.31, 05:26 AM
wireless connectivity :p this way i can keep the track pc on my desk and put the loop anywhere.

byebye
2005.08.31, 06:58 AM
Multiple user information for 1 card? When I was testing with arch2b we had a good amount of cards but each card had custom information related to that car. What about a save user feature that can be chosen in the software then uploaded to the card? It's been a while since I've used the system and I recall having to change the card information if we moved the card to a different car.

-Byebye

arch2b
2005.08.31, 07:33 AM
export the line graphs out to html as the race standings are done. right now it's easy enough to import the standings into other html software or print to pdf for uploading/attachments. it would be nice to be able to do so with the line graphs as well.

maybe a menu option for race reports that lets you choose which information you want to include in the report such as standings, overall linegraphs, individual line graphs, etc., etc.

briankstan
2005.08.31, 09:24 AM
wireless connectivity :p this way i can keep the track pc on my desk and put the loop anywhere.

this is a great idea...

CoreAnalog
2005.08.31, 11:07 AM

Already working on this...

TNB
2005.08.31, 04:36 PM
Will you be at iHobby?

CoreAnalog
2005.08.31, 09:01 PM
Will you be at iHobby?

Yes :-)

--Core

machine
2005.10.18, 12:08 PM
a more indepth manual included with the final product. Would it be possible to make the instructions in a flow chart rather than text descriptions?

gasman1
2005.10.18, 12:38 PM
a more indepth manual included with the final product. Would it be possible to make the instructions in a flow chart rather than text descriptions?

be able to see the points that are kept on each driver on the screen and/or stored in their transponder

Draconious
2005.10.18, 11:51 PM
a freebie? ;) kidding...
Although maybe MZR.com should include discounted transponders with each readyset ;).

rlc77
2005.12.24, 08:45 PM
I built this starting light system when I built my laser pointer timing system. It integrated with the VRS software I was using. I think it would be cool to have a simular setup for the Core system.

Here's a video of it in action.

http://www.hippygeek.com/mov02055.mpg

Am I crazy, or is this possible? :o

Draconious
2005.12.24, 09:41 PM
OnLapCount("SaveWebCamImage") for photo finishes? ;) then have it autoupload to server for live racing view

mini-z
2005.12.26, 02:11 PM
I built this starting light system when I built my laser pointer timing system. It integrated with the VRS software I was using. I think it would be cool to have a simular setup for the Core system.

Here's a video of it in action.

http://www.hippygeek.com/mov02055.mpg

Am I crazy, or is this possible? :o

Very cool! :cool:

mini-z
2005.12.26, 02:12 PM
OnLapCount("SaveWebCamImage") for photo finishes? ;) then have it autoupload to server for live racing view

I love this idea - and the way Drac chose to write it made me think: Documented API/SDK? :cool: :D

rharris
2006.04.05, 11:01 AM
I've got a few.

1. A reports tab. If all the reports were on a sub menu of a single tab, I think they would be easier to find and run.

a. Total Points for event. - Rite now you have to click the "Stats" tab from the main window, then click the "event" drop down, and then click the "Web" button. This was hard for me to find.

b. Daily Points. - Again, you already have this code, but it's hard to find.
c. Round Rank.
d. Heat Details
e. Driver Details - I don't think you have this one. A single report that showed everything about the event, but just for this driver.

2. A re-build reports button. - When I change the data, or config info and click the "Web" button to get the report I want, it does not always reflect my changes. I'm sure it rebuilds the report under some condition, but as a user it would help to be in control of when that happens.

3. The print button. Yea, I know... it's coming. I would like to print out stats for a driver. See 1.e - Driver Details.

4. This has been mentioned before, but printing the graph, or sending it to web format would be cool.

5. A manual. I know, cheap shot. My first race was a fiasco. My fault really. Now that I've spent more time with your system in trail and error I have a great deal more confidence. I found your quick how to in one of these forum . Without that I wouldn't have been able to run a race. It would not surprise me to see someone from this site step it up and build one for you.

arch2b
2006.04.23, 10:30 PM
have the exit button on the main screen

have a clear button on the main screen

if nothing is selected in aq drop down menu, have the menu close rather than remaining open even after moving to another screen menu

maybe a resource tool for looking at all teh transponders in the library file, as they would appear in the edit menu. i have had time where there were members with multiple tags with duplicate titles which makes things tedious to figure out when you manually add racers to an event rather than scanning them in. i had to scan, find and compare tag numbers then delete which ever tag from the library folder.

machine
2006.04.26, 11:59 AM
To add to Arch's post

a resouce to delete the information on the transponders at the click of a button. I've got 12 units for my shop and it's a pain deleting each one at the end of the day.

Also a detachable loop would be absolutly incredible!!! I've got a track at home, at the shop and with the club, removing the loop to race at different location involves a ton of work, remove the tiles, remove the tape, remove the box, repeat.

Oh and it would be nice to be able to increae the loop length for 1/18th racing.

arch2b
2006.07.18, 09:45 AM
how about allowing plugins? this way consumers can create plugins such as custom scoring menu to use existing core generated data to port to customized scoring results etc, to use within core.

rharris
2006.09.18, 12:45 PM
any chance the current hardware would power a 6' x 1' loop?

briankstan
2006.09.18, 12:57 PM
any chance the current hardware would power a 6' x 1' loop?

or at least a 3 wide straight of 50cm tiles would be nice.....

rharris
2006.09.18, 03:27 PM
or at least a 3 wide straight of 50cm tiles would be nice.....

Yea, that's what I want. The current loop is around 12" x 40" and works with two 50cm tiles. When we race modified, we have a lot of 3 wide areas. The strait section is always 3 wide. I always have to add a special 2 wide sectoin for the loop. Sometimes, the track we'd like to do won't work becouse there is no good place for the loop.