PDA

View Full Version : CLK stickers REMOVE?

SkylineR34man
2002.03.11, 05:10 PM
Hey,

i just got my new CLK D2 ready set since my old Z short circuted but anyways i wanted to noe how to remove the retarded stickers. Oh by the way i feel something is wrong with the way my Z was pakaged, it came in a green box adn everything was lose inside it i bought it from HK. are these the fake 1's?:confused:
thanks,
Skyline

DAMZer
2002.03.11, 05:37 PM
My buddy 2EZ turned me on to this trick........

Take common masking tape and burnish it on the main body decals with your fingernail or coin, pull the tape off and the majority of the decal will come with it.

This won't work on the painted logos around the bumper areas.

mini-z
2002.03.11, 11:24 PM
it came in a green box adn everything was lose inside it i bought it from HK. are these the fake 1's?

Wow, that's very strange - I'd certainly be concerned - do you have pics of the box? I mean the Z can't really be counterfeited but you may be missing parts etc.

i-WERKS
2002.03.12, 08:05 AM
Soak the body in water for about 10 hours. The decals will flake off by the scratch of the nail or an AOL cd. The longer you soak. the easier it comes off.

ernneal
2002.03.25, 03:21 PM
Try non-acetone fingernail polish remover. Put some on a Q-tip and rub it until it comes off. Try it on a small decal first though to make sure it doesn't hurt the plastic. Works great on diecast decals.

PorscheGuy964
2002.03.28, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
Soak the body in water for about 10 hours. The decals will flake off by the scratch of the nail or an AOL cd. The longer you soak. the easier it comes off.

Does this affect the plastic at all? hmm, I will have to give it a try...

alduslai
2002.04.01, 02:12 PM
Use tape is a good idea.

I have never seen a green box min-z even in HK?? how come you get one?? really mini-z?? what is your controller looks like??
I've seen brown box, white box, but no green box at all.
If your can, try to take a photo at the box and the car "naked", and e-mail to me at alduslai@netvigator.com, i'll try to tell you weather it is a faked.

PorscheGuy964
2002.04.01, 02:54 PM
I think if you post the picture of your car and its green box that it came in, here in the mini-zracer.com forums I think more people will be able to look at it and tell you what they think rather than one guy;) ;) ;) . Plus I want to see this,might be fake car......

alduslai
2002.04.01, 03:13 PM
Oh, that's a better idea, you're right.