PDA

View Full Version : Core - Additional Cars

baldrick
2005.09.04, 04:54 AM
I’ve got my Core System up and running and it works perfectly.

I would like to add some of my own car images. For example, I have the Toyota Supra Dynacity and that’s not in the list of cars available. I have been able to replace the Toyota Esso image in the “Mini-Z MR02” folder with an image of the Dynacity and that gets the image I want on the screen, but of course the selection list still shows “Esso”.

Is it possible to add cars to the list?

Keith…

baldrick
2005.09.04, 06:58 AM
OK, I worked it out

For an MR02 example: Save an image 200 x 80px to C:/Program Files/CoreSpeedway/lib/cars/Mini-Z MR02 with the convention “name1-name2-name3.jpg” Then:-

Type=Mini-Z MR02
Make=name1
Model=name2
Style=name3

Any other tips?

Keith…

arch2b
2005.09.04, 09:17 AM
nope, you seem to have covered it.

i have already entered cutom pictures for all of my cars ;)

theplanethobbys
2005.09.06, 05:49 AM
I’ve got my Core System up and running and it works perfectly.

I would like to add some of my own car images. For example, I have the Toyota Supra Dynacity and that’s not in the list of cars available. I have been able to replace the Toyota Esso image in the “Mini-Z MR02” folder with an image of the Dynacity and that gets the image I want on the screen, but of course the selection list still shows “Esso”.

Is it possible to add cars to the list?

Keith…
Curiuos to know where you got it? I need one for my new track.
Email me if you can
planethobbys@charter.net
thanks,
Todd
The Planet Hobbys

baldrick
2005.09.06, 06:27 AM
Todd,

I pre-ordered my system back in May.

You could try emailing Core at sales@corespeedway.com to see if they will still supply directly.

I'm really pleased with my system it works perfectly. Core have done a deal with Kyosho and the system will eventually be available through them.

Keith...

briankstan
2005.09.06, 08:34 AM
I coved this in my review, along with some additional customization.

Salt Lake Mini-Z Reviews Core Timing System (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Core_Review.html)

you will also need to add a photo for the half size if you plan on using that feature.

Brian

arch2b
2006.03.17, 08:36 PM
thanks dusty for providing such a large car image gallery.

one of the issues i'm running into now is that bodies are much more interchangeable across chassis platforms. this makes it difficult to choose the correct image for say a trueno on an awd or cr5 on an 02 or mclaren on an 015. i had to copy all the images for racers and paste them into each chassis type folder.

is it possible to have a single directory for the images? or would this make it more complicated?

what do you guys think?

Dusty Weasle
2006.03.18, 01:48 AM
I ran into that problem too, Arch. All those car tags should download in a directory called “Mini-Z MR” (or just make that directory and copy all your tags into there). One stop shopping. The F1's I think I left in the F1 directory.

You can also add the “Mini-Z MA010” classes by adding them into the Class file in CoreSpeedway\lib\cars\class.db.