PDA

View Full Version : Custom Wave Files

arch2b
2005.09.04, 09:20 AM
has anyone used this feature? if so please post some tips and your opinions.

i don't have a mic so it's not even possible for me.

oh, anyone lese change other sound files?

Chezedog
2005.09.04, 10:05 AM
Do you mean the use of .wav or other audio files in html documents?

arch2b
2005.09.04, 10:07 AM
yes, .wav files....

you can change just about all of them and even record file to name the drivers so you hear there names for the top finishers

Chezedog
2005.09.04, 10:16 AM
yes, .wav files....

you can change just about all of them and even record file to name the drivers so you hear there names for the top finishers

Now I see what you're up to!
The owner of the slot car track we used to race on replaced the sound files that came with the lap counting software with other files he found on the internet...such as a "ch-ching" sound, the sound of an F1 roaring by, and even the sound of a pop-top being opened.

But he certainly could have recorded his own voice to name the drivers, (he does voice over for radio spots, so has all that sort of equipment.)

There are several cheap (or free) audio editing programs available for the Mac (Windows too, I bet), and armed with one of those and a cheap mic, you could customize such a thing any way you like.

arch2b
2005.09.04, 11:00 AM
yeah, i want ot add the "start" segment from the f&f soundtrack for the starting sequence...

Ninja
2005.09.04, 11:05 AM
Arch, you need a program called Audacity, i have the installer if you want me to e-mail it to you, you can open up an MP3 and crop the section you want, and export it as a wave file. are you interested? if so has your e-mail changed?

arch2b
2005.09.04, 01:03 PM
same email... i would be interested, yes. :)

briankstan
2005.09.04, 05:14 PM
I have used the audio files and it's kinda cool, I have everyone recorded in there own voices and say, what ever they want.

I especiall like the fastest lap one. that way you know who is running really good, and the "takes the lead" one can be interesteding also.

the only down side is, it plays the audio and if someone passed the loop it doesn't give them the beep, but is still counts the laps.

Brian

briankstan
2005.09.04, 05:16 PM
Arch2b, When you get that clip done, would you mind sending it to me. thanks

Ninja
2005.09.04, 10:30 PM
ok arch, e-mail sent, hope you enjoy this little program, i know i do. You can also record people talking from your microphone, like briankstan mentioned, you can have clips of many people saying their own name or something of that sort.

arch2b
2005.09.05, 09:36 AM
got it, thanks :)

arch2b
2005.09.05, 12:48 PM
thanks ninja, works like a charm!

brian, i have the wave file now and it starts with 10 and ends inbetween 3 and 2. i can email it to you.... i took a video of the countdown that i am editing and uploading

the timing could use some tweaking ....

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album194/countdown.wmv

Ninja
2005.09.06, 12:37 AM
glad you like it arch, it is pretty simple and straightforward to use, i enjoy making sound clips of my favorite movies on it for comedy soundboards :D