PDA

View Full Version : Sponsor Wall Banners

Dusty Weasle
2005.09.08, 04:38 AM
I’ve made a bunch of real-world sponsor logos to liven up the track. They were gleaned from the Net and cleaned up, sometimes completely recreated due to low resolution and high compression.

I haven’t gotten to this next step yet, but the idea is to print them on label paper and affix them to my RCP track rails.

Maybe we could open a spot for hi-res printed art in the Parts Gallery or some such place to put these kinds of files for all to share. They can also be used for making car decals. I’d be happy to upload them.

Attached is a low-res compressed jpg to show the logos I’ve got. The actual files are hi-res uncompressed TIF format in CMYK mode for printing, so they’re kind of big files (23meg total). All the banners are 1 inch tall at 300dpi to fit on RCP rails.

I’ll put up pictures of the finished product once printed, attached, and scraped by cars at our next GTG.

arch2b
2005.09.08, 06:13 AM
nice, if you look in my rcp album in my gallery i made many rcp rail banners for mostly websites anyone is free to use as well

saiyan
2005.09.08, 11:16 AM
NICE!! Dusty. Those are awsome. I can't wait to see those on our track walls. We'll have to get lots of pics of the cars in front of the banners. :D

Twenty-Se7en
2005.09.08, 12:22 PM
I wish I could get my hands on some REALLY big stuff... plan on starting a shop and I really need some sponsor stuff, make it more racing authentic.

Dusty Weasle
2005.11.11, 02:26 AM
I finally got to give the sponsor banners a stress test in actual race conditions. I printed up only one sheet for the test. Enough for a couple straight rails, a couple corner rails, and rumble stripe for one apex.

The banners are printed on InkJet label paper, sealed with Krylon Crystal Clear, then just stuck on the wall. The label paper stuck firmly to the RCP rails with only small peeling here and there. But the real test would come when the cars went whipping down the track, careening off the walls. Pictured here is the aftermath. They now have the authentic look of ‘weathering’.

The banners are still firmly in place despite the pounding of a 30min Le Mans and a 30 lap sprint, plus random practice time. Still minor peeling in spots, just have to push it back on. The up side to the non-permanent affixing is as banners are used up new ones can be printed and replaced without harm to the RCP.

The experiment worked better than I expected, so I’ll be printing up a lot more to put up around the track.

To see the this track and other shenanigans, check out our local club thread in the Tracks Sub-Forum:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19426

Dusty Weasle
2006.02.21, 01:47 AM
Here is a link to my collection of sponsor banners for your race track walls. These are TIF files in CMYK mode. They are sized to be 1in tall at 300dpi (good for RCP rails).

The logos were culled from the Web as a guide. They were either too small or too compressed to be usable, and so were largely recreated in Photoshop as clean hi-res images. The things we do for this sport… :rolleyes:

About 1mb packed in WinRAR:
ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/mini-z_stuff/mini-z_wallbanners.rar

Banners included are:
Agip, Allianz, Bridgstone (AB, and full text), Canon, FedEx, Fosters, Gulf, Shell/Helix, HP, HSBC, Michelin, Mobil1, Pirelli, SAP, Shell (logo), Tag Heuer (logo, and full text), Toyota, Vodafone.

Just as it’s a proven fact that a good looking car is faster, it’s also a fact that a good looking track is more exciting. Enjoy. ;)

briankstan
2006.02.21, 09:35 AM
Dusty, Can you shoot the Hi-res images for the wall banners to me.

Thanks

AtlRC
2006.02.21, 11:56 AM
Good job on the banners Dusty! Can I also get the hi-res (psd) files as well? Thanks!

saiyan
2006.02.21, 03:00 PM
Ya the banners look real good on the track. Hopefully we can get some more done up, ofcourse now that we have access to more then 5 wide Ls that's alot of banners to print. I wonder if we could just all chip in and have a printing company produce a boatload for us?

Dusty Weasle
2006.02.22, 12:21 AM
Thanks everyone.

I looked at the files again and they’re smaller than I remembered, so it may not be worth it for you. I should have made them bigger in the first place.

Still, they are slightly larger in some cases. Many of the PSDs have the logo on a separate layer from the background for easy editing if you want to put them over a different color or clear. Some also have the Paths and text I used to make them if you want to do further editing.

So here’s the link in case you find them useful:
ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/mini-z_stuff/mini-z_wallbanners_PSD.rar

Spoon
2006.02.22, 09:19 AM
Thanks for all of the work Dusty. I printed some out last night and put the, on my Mini-96...tons of fun!

I only clearcoated a couple of them because I was too impatient to wait so I just put some on uncoated. I think it's worth the wait for the clearcoat.

Thanks again. I'll get some pictures up when I have a chance.

AtlRC
2006.02.27, 01:32 PM
Thanks everyone.

I looked at the files again and they’re smaller than I remembered, so it may not be worth it for you. I should have made them bigger in the first place.

Still, they are slightly larger in some cases. Many of the PSDs have the logo on a separate layer from the background for easy editing if you want to put them over a different color or clear. Some also have the Paths and text I used to make them if you want to do further editing.

So here’s the link in case you find them useful:
ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/mini-z_stuff/mini-z_wallbanners_PSD.rar

Hey Dusty, I can't get to this file... Should it work? Thanks.

Dusty Weasle
2006.02.27, 01:59 PM
Yep, it should connect. Maybe our server is extra busy at the moment. :confused:

Things will by flying around here until late tonight. Busy, busy, busy. Maybe try again after 10pm (MST) or so for a less trafficed connection.

herman
2009.06.24, 12:54 AM
the link requires a username and password...

ftp://ftp.rainbowstudios.com/misc/mi...anners_PSD.rar

help?

Dusty Weasle
2009.06.26, 04:47 AM
I've recompiled all the banners onto the club website, so we shouldn't have anymore of these access problems:

http://www.mini-az.com/downloadslogos.html
(All the CORE files are on the club site now as well)

More on this in this thread:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=352734#post352734

minittrackmann
2009.07.21, 12:06 AM
Wow good work man!