PDA

View Full Version : Big Fish eats little Fish? Kyosho\Core

Dragon40
2005.09.09, 01:51 PM
Big Fish eats little Fish? Kyosho\Core

Any official press statements, news links, Hype, or marketing from Kyosho?
This does not seem like a smart business strategy.

I hope they didnít buy it, just to shelve it?
As in a way to protect other Lap counting products.

arch2b
2005.09.09, 08:00 PM
no, it was just as smart as kyosho picking up rcp! it will become the defacto standard ;) i don't think they bought out core, i think it's a similar arrangement as rcp where they have the product branded for sale thru their distributers while core and rcp retain it's original identity. it's worked VERY well for rcp so i expect it to work just as well for core.

besides, kyosho can do alot more with the technology that maybe core could do to costs and mass qnty. i've heard some rumours about new things to come and whiel i had htought of all these myself some time ago, it's will be an awome thing when they actually come to market. all i can say really is wait and well, wait.

i know not alot of news has been forthcoming but it does not mean things are not happening. believe me, if i could talk about the things i know i would do so gladly. i don't know a whole lot, but enough to make me excited about where core and kyosho are headed.

the only thing i have suspicsions about are kysoho's pricing levels.

davkin
2005.09.11, 01:06 PM
the only thing i have suspicsions about are kysoho's pricing levels.

Ya, it seem like everything that Kyosho touches turns to gold, at least in their minds. :p

David

Draconious
2005.09.11, 11:05 PM
Now if only I could do the same setup with my own AWD Chassis design... (mine still does OL bodies and WAY more ground clearance) lol ;)

rkk
2005.09.15, 04:35 PM
"i think it's a similar arrangement as rcp where they have the product branded for sale thru their distributers while core and rcp retain it's original identity. it's worked VERY well for rcp so i expect it to work just as well for core." Only difference I can see is you can still buy actual "RCP" tracks where you'll only be able to buy core systems from kyosho.

arch2b
2005.09.15, 06:37 PM
that is just a personal decision by core, not anything directed by kyosho i believe.