PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

k_bojar
2009.01.10, 11:45 PM
it was fun ;)

you didn't go? or you done for the night already??

jackg
2009.01.11, 01:17 AM
I just completed my first 8 week points series @ Action RC. More fun than I could describe- . Thankyou to the track owner Al for a long established racing program. So is the next series pan, 02 stock, nascar and 015? taco taco taco:D -j

minittrackmann
2009.01.11, 01:27 AM
Pan car, 015 and 02. I'm pretty sure thats going to be the lineup:)

Sweet night of racing. Can't wait til the Winternats!

jackg
2009.01.11, 01:30 AM
Time to turn the pile of semi-assembled parts into a pan chassis...::D -j

EMU
2009.01.11, 01:32 AM
Jack, you kept improving throughout the series... Looking good out there.

I want to congratulate Johnathan on another series sweep... :( Next series, I am going to take it to him.

Another notable, Tom Price made the B main... Showing lots of improvement on his line and setup. He qualified with 29 laps, which is a big step for him.

Cody, what can I say man... congratulations on your first A main win. Do we have to watch out for you from now on, or are you going to slip back to the B, C, or D next week... You raced well, had a very competetive car, few errors and drove clean through (I mean around) traffic.

I drove over traffic with F1 tonight in the main, and thought for sure that I was going to get the win... but with only a couple laps to go with Johnathan in my draft, I found a car nose to the the wall directly in my line... I had to stop and wait for it to be cleared, giving Johnathan more than a straight lead, which I was able to close up a little... but he got the win.

015 was a good chase between me and Sai. Again, I had the faster car, but drove too hard and inconsistant... and caught him on one of his few errors. Got by and took the win.

I am really looking forward to next weeks WinterNationals... should be a great race.

Jack, next point series is the debut of 70t MR02 Pan Car... Should be a great series, and from what I have seen, there are many fast cars.

Next week can we expect a Taco truck parked in front of Action to serve the racers?

jackg
2009.01.11, 01:41 AM
thankyou very much Eugene. I can't wait to get on the track again. The sharp smooth line is starting to sink in with my brain:cool: -j

jackg
2009.01.11, 01:50 AM
yo what's up Al:eek:

jackg
2009.01.11, 01:54 AM
I may bring the truck just to have some pit space..I will talk to Al. Maybe we can have the Taco500 sponsored (at least with tacos...) by Macho Nacho... New Jersey's first real taco truck at 275 amboy ave in woodbridge NJ:D:cool::D -j

CDR racing
2009.01.11, 02:11 AM
Another notable, Tom Price made the B main... Showing lots of improvement on his line and setup. He qualified with 29 laps, which is a big step for him.

Wow, kudos on actually getting him in your post. Now if only he would post on here. Its wierd to know hes sitting there reading our conversations and laughing at us but he refuses to talk. Al's right, theres a lot of irony in the fact that he needs a muzzle every night at the track but is mute on here. On second thought, maybe we're better off.:DSeriously though, Tom, as well basically everyone at Action has been improving tremendously lately(including Stugotz). Just shows the great competition and the high level of skilled drivers we have at Action. Next week should be a blast. Can't wait!

EMU
2009.01.11, 02:46 AM
He deserves it. Although, I think we may need to get him a roll of duct tape for the WinterNats ;) Just during the mains...

Everyone at Action is getting better. From the bottom of the grid to the top. I can see Johnathan getting frustrated now, because he has to push hard to get his wins now. I think he pushes a little too hard, and would be faster if he was more patient and drove a little slower through the corners, especially around traffic. I think in general, that is one thing that everbody should focus more on. Myself included. We all have the urge to push hard every race, but if you back off just a little more in the corner, and get on throttle a little later than you think you would need to, laptimes will drop, consistancy will increase, and there will be much less crashes.

Johnathan is already traction rolling a lot, as am I (only with my 94mm cars for some reason). We are at the limit of traction, so we must either make the car slower with less motor or less grip on the tires, or back off just a little more entering the corner smoother, and exiting with the best line for maximum acceleration to the next point of turn in. You would be surprised how much slower you can drive a direct line than if you are getting on the throttle earlier and arcing out wide. Get the car pointed where you want it to go before you get hard on the throttle. Entering the main straight, I dont get on to full throttle until after I am past the lap counter, and centering the steering.

I use a lot of brake, which is one reason why I traction roll. I brake hard, enter the corner in a slide, gain grip... then flip. I have started braking straighter, allowing the car to balance itself out a little more before turning in... I have been getting a tighter entrance into the hairpin after the main straight... and carrying more speed through the entire right section. That is where I made up most of my time on Sai in the 015 and F1 battles... I wasnt hard on the throttle, but kept the speed up. Which is another thing I have been working on. Using my throttle more sparingly. The more throttle you use, the more grip you need on your tires since you are making the tires fight eachother. If you give the car just enough throttle to maintain the speed through the corner, you dont need to have as much grip on the tires. Throttle control is one of the most important things you can practice...

I run ATM 40d front tires on my 015, and my 94mm MR02. They have better grip than you would think... and last a really long time. I have been playing around with some grooves in these harder tires, and I think they work better than the softer tires, plus they will last much longer. In general, I have been using a harder tire setup front and rear for all of my cars. I am using ATM 8d radials, which Cristian Tabush said were PN 10d radials. I am a little loose with the Speedy 07bb, but it runs perfect on the 70t 015. I am going to try some PN 8d rears next week on the MR02, and see how they feel. I still dont know what tires I am going to use on Pan Car... that will have to be decided next week.

edit: info has been posted about the Atomic Race Series http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30615
Looks interesting. Modified classes are not handout classes anymore... any motor choice... I can see a lot of people running Stock-R's... Also, there will be an 'open stock' which allows non ATM/Kyosho parts. All 'stock' classes besides those will require only Atomic or Kyosho parts. It doesnt mention what chassis... so, I could possibly run the MRCG in a stock class ;) 6 minute qualifies, and 14 minute mains. Runtime will be an issue for the mains in the modified classes, so the faster modified motors will be out of the question...

MINIz guy11
2009.01.11, 10:46 AM
Congrats to Tom Price for making the B Main! Now I know who to look out for when I come back :) How's he enjoying that EX-1UR he got?

minittrackmann
2009.01.11, 11:14 AM
He didn't get it yet. I think he said it will be here by Wednesday

lugnutz
2009.01.11, 11:26 AM
to bad i cant help him get it squared away right away,but i'm sure eugene will help him anyway,good job tom p you still the funny man though:D

lugnutz
2009.01.11, 11:28 AM
oh by the way all my stuff for sale,the first $1000.00 and its all theirs,way less than what i paid for it from the store

jackg
2009.01.11, 11:45 AM
I'm in for that Atomic race (someone's gotta fill out the C main). For me it looks like the 2WD open.I don't have an "all Atomic" hoppup car. I think my car is like many Action cars-Kyosho parts, PN, Atomic, parts from a blender, (some flat-out homemade stuff)...I'm glad they have allowed for this. I also like the open motor choice. Some mod handout motors can be almost too much for any track. I will go mild on the motor (14 min. mains) and try to focus on the technical sections of the track. It seems to me very few effective passes are made on the big straight by drag racing. Most of the good passing is done inside, following and waiting for a mistake. Which I always make and then I get passed!:eek::D -j

lugnutz
2009.01.11, 11:56 AM
jack if i was you i would run the open class and run an atomic stock motor and gear accordingly you will be just as fast and you can use any parts you want, or you could just borrow my all atomic car that is setup reall good

minittrackmann
2009.01.11, 12:09 PM
Aside from whathappened last night, I just want to thank Frank for putting my shocks together. They feel like butta.

Cody

jackg
2009.01.11, 02:06 PM
thanks for the offer Frank- I don't know if I can run 2 classes yet. I can barely get one car to the line on time. I also don't even know when this race is. -j

minittrackmann
2009.01.11, 03:05 PM
Jack your 02 looked pretty sweet last night!!!

jackg
2009.01.11, 09:30 PM
thanks cody. it goes without saying that your 350Z is truly dialed. After the way it looked last night noone should ever mention C main to you again:D --j

EMU
2009.01.11, 09:35 PM
Jack, dont you know... thats where he is going to be next week.

Seriously, I hope to see him running as well as he did last week, every week.

CDR racing
2009.01.11, 09:41 PM
thanks cody. it goes without saying that your 350Z is truly dialed. After the way it looked last night noone should ever mention C main to you again:D --j

Correction: D Main. And next week he may be able to break his own record and make the E main. :D Haha JK Even I had a hard time finding something to pick on Cody about last night. Everyone's running really well.

lfisminiz
2009.01.11, 09:57 PM
Hey guys, heres a sneek peek of my pan body for this weekend.

Should be a great event.

Cody...congrats.:)

Sai, check out custom body thread....put up a F-50 for you guys.;)

LARRY

ActionRC
2009.01.11, 10:54 PM
Great racing last night, guys! Congrats to all of the new and reigning Champions. When I get to my office tomorrow I'll run all of the official final standings. Since I converted the points to .pdf on the website, I cannot do it from home to send to everyone.

Jack - That would be great if we had access to a taco truck all night! Bring it any time! Great driving last night.
Cody - Absolutely great run last night. That car and your driving were awesome!
Eugene - When my F1 flipped and your car used mine as a jump was one of the best moves ever! You are a true Michael Knight! Thanks for the wrap-up also. I pretty much went to bed when I got home, and spent the day today painting my bathroom. (Fun!)
Tom P - B-Main - Nice. And don't forget his run in the 015 B Main, when he lapped me and Crop. Excellent!

Fun night, and REALLY looking forward to next week! See everyone soon!

Al
ARCMS

EMU
2009.01.12, 02:42 AM
Al, that jump was great... broke my front bumper in the process, where it screws to the wing. I didnt see you until I was on top of you... then I realized that I had gone over you, so I just got back on it. I hope I didnt hurt your car, but we do have a long time to work on them.

That was the best that my F1 ran the entire points series... It really carried a lot of speed through the corners, although it did get a little loose on the left kink in the center of the track... I had anticipated losing a little steering in the main, but the car felt very neutral. The track was very consistant last night in its grip, more than other weeks.

I am really looking forward to the Pan class... should be some really good racing, especially next week, when we find out who the fast Pan guys are ;)

Fifty7
2009.01.12, 10:27 AM
Tom P - B-Main - Nice. And don't forget his run in the 015 B Main, when he lapped me and Crop. Excellent!

Yeah he's made a big improvement since he started Saturday racing. I see the difference on Thursday, he's ready to knock me off that top B bottom A bubble I've been on. We had a great run Thursday and if it wasn't for traffic we would have finished even closer than we did. I'm gonna have to make an attempt at the next point series and try and step up my game. I have the 3 cars you're running this time so this wouldbe the time to do it.

ActionRC
2009.01.12, 12:01 PM
The Point Series results are on the website, and congratulations to all of our current Champions! (Thanks for braving that 'huge' snow storm! What a joke.)

STOCK - Division 1: Johnathan
STOCK - Division 2: Adam
STOCK - Division 3: Tom P

MR015 - Division 1: Johnathan
MR015 - Division 2: Tom Sr

FORMULA 1: Johnathan

STOCK:
Div 1 - Once again, Johnathan is the man to beat, but it wasn't easy this time. If Sai finished 2 places higher than Johnathan, he would have won the title! Johnathan finished 3rd, and Sai finished 5th. Very close!

Div 2 - Marcos was strong, but Adam's AWD is smokin' lately! (Not literally like mine once was.) Great job, Adam!

Div 3 - Well look who's working his way up the Action RC ladder! If it isn't Tom P, taking his first Championship! He beat out Nat's AWD by only 4 points, and left Stugotz and Jamil in the dust. Look out, Division 2 guys! Definitely Most Improved!

MR015:
Div 1 - Johnathan had that one locked up going into the final night, but Eugene finished only 3 points down! Watch for Eugene and Sai BIG TIME in this next series. They have been upping their game!

Div 2 - Tom Sr got me by 5 points, and Crop would have been a contender if he would just work on his cars once in a while! Tom Sr's occasional A-Main visit sealed the deal for him. That 350Z is dialed!

FORMULA 1:
For me, this was one of the highlites of the night. Formula 1 has only one division, and Johnathan, Eugene, and Sai all came into the main with a chance. In the end, it was Johnathan taking the win, but with 7 cars in the race, it was a real challenge to take a lead and hang onto it. Sai led more than half of the race, then Eugene took the lead on lap 28, and Johnathan took the lead on lap 37 out of 41! Monte got a great welcome to the world of Formula 1 - too bad it was on the very last night. At one point, my car flipped and spun, and the nose was facing down and into oncoming traffic. Eugene hit me head on and jumped my car Duke Boy style! (Can't wait to start Pan Car now! We don't have to be upside down to jump over each other with those!)

Another great series, guys, and Congrats once again to all of the Champs. The Winternationals is going to a great lead-in to the 25th Championship Series, and the next series is sure to have as much, if not MORE excitement that even this one did. I cannot wait! Thank you to all of you for your continued support. With the recent influx of new drivers, things will get even better than they already are!

Good luck at the 'Nats!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ShortBus
2009.01.12, 09:04 PM
I have been trying to put together my PN Pan Car for Saturday's Nats and just can't get the body clips to lineup correctly. Can anyone with a PN body take a pic of your clips for me? Thanks - Jeff

ActionRC
2009.01.12, 10:44 PM
Jeff - Did you put the L & R on the correct sides? (L = Left, R = Right!:rolleyes:) I didn't use the PN body, but I believe they are notched, just like the Atomic or Kyosho clips.

Here's PN's pic, which I'm sure you've seen:
http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2136

Hope this helps.

Al

ShortBus
2009.01.12, 11:02 PM
Yeah - I had the L & R on the correct sides. There just isn't much surface area to attach these to the sides of the body. Unlike the kyosho cars which the entire clip is glued - these there are just two small strips spaced approx 1/4" apart. The more I play with this it also looks like I'm not getting enough clearance from front to back. Meaning once I put the front clip into the pocket I almost have to force the body to accept the side clips. I will show you tomorrow night and may just need to shave down some of the front clip?

lugnutz
2009.01.13, 02:20 AM
after several pm's and emails yes guys i'm really selling all of my stuff,
there is 4-015,2-010,6-02 all 2.4ghz alone thats not including all the support equipt.

yasuji
2009.01.13, 02:37 AM
after several pm's and emails yes guys i'm really selling all of my stuff,
there is 4-015,2-010,6-02 all 2.4ghz alone thats not including all the support equipt.

why is this?????????

lugnutz
2009.01.13, 02:39 AM
to long to write,i'm just glad that there is a flying season approaching
or i'm just going to have to move where there is more racing

JuniorWKR
2009.01.13, 09:54 AM
whats up guys... sorry to ask this but your the only local guys that i know of running F1... I started an F1 tuning thread in the F1 forum, any input would be greatly appreciated... Thank You in advance for your help...

Fifty7
2009.01.13, 11:14 AM
Yeah - I had the L & R on the correct sides. There just isn't much surface area to attach these to the sides of the body. Unlike the kyosho cars which the entire clip is glued - these there are just two small strips spaced approx 1/4" apart. The more I play with this it also looks like I'm not getting enough clearance from front to back. Meaning once I put the front clip into the pocket I almost have to force the body to accept the side clips. I will show you tomorrow night and may just need to shave down some of the front clip?

I find mine VERY tight as well but it does go on.

ShortBus
2009.01.13, 11:52 AM
Marty - thanks !!

I usually "tack" my clips first to make sure they are positioned correctly. But, since these are so tight they kept pulling the clips out. I wasn't sure if it was because I was putting them in wrong or it's just the car. I'll glue these down and if it's still that tight i might lightly shave down the front nose clip.

Jeff

Fifty7
2009.01.13, 12:22 PM
Marty - thanks !!

I usually "tack" my clips first to make sure they are positioned correctly. But, since these are so tight they kept pulling the clips out. I wasn't sure if it was because I was putting them in wrong or it's just the car. I'll glue these down and if it's still that tight i might lightly shave down the front nose clip.

Jeff

I tried to do the same thing but nothing would hold them in place to see if they were correct so i just glued them in. lol

ShortBus
2009.01.13, 12:57 PM
yeah - i also made some shims to provide a contact surface behind the clip's overhang. I was still having an issue of the clips pulling out - but now it shouldn't go anywhere :)

minittrackmann
2009.01.14, 12:13 PM
Hey guys, no school for Cody, got a concusion on moday night......

Hopefully I can still go to the Winternats:(

bermbuster
2009.01.14, 12:23 PM

Hope all is well Cody....
Take it easy rest...throw in some studying...and hope to see you on Saturday. You definitely have the A game back.....

EMU
2009.01.14, 01:14 PM
I hope you are all right. Stop running into walls! See you on Saturday man, take it easy.

LouC
2009.01.14, 01:22 PM

how did you do that?
dont think you can use a concusion as an excuse if you only make the C main sat night.

minittrackmann
2009.01.14, 02:16 PM
Skateboard+1 rock+going very fast= no good!

SaiTam
2009.01.14, 03:52 PM
Cody

Do you remember you won the A-main?

Feel better!

lfisminiz
2009.01.14, 03:59 PM
Cody, Cody, Cody......whats more important, racing or skateboarding!!??;) See ya Saturday.:)

sjm324
2009.01.14, 04:08 PM
Cody skateboarding in this weather - you must of had the concussion before hand :) - hope to see you sat bud

LouC
2009.01.14, 04:42 PM
Cody

Do you remember you won the A-main?

Feel better!

With a concusion - he prob thinks he won the A main!!

ActionRC
2009.01.14, 05:22 PM
Cody - I had a concussion when I was about your age from a BMX racing crash. You'll be fine by Saturday. (I'm still waiting to recover 100%!) See you at the 'Nats! You'll be fine by then, AND you have an A-Main to win! The hand-eye challenge will only HELP the recovery process. (That's my opinion, anyway.)

Junior - We just finished running F1 for this past points series, but many of us do know a thing or two about them. EMU is my official go-to tech writer, as you have seen demonstrated so well on this forum!

I picked up Miss Action RC's costume today! This is going to an awesome photo-op, guys!

CANNOT WAIT UNTIL SATURDAY!!!!

Al
ARCMS

lugnutz
2009.01.14, 06:55 PM
sorry guys all my stuff sold last night;) but to all the good guys and you know who you are keep in touch,my stuff isnt very far so i can get it any time i want thanks guys and good luck at the nats

EMU
2009.01.14, 09:29 PM
I rear ended a mini-van stopped at a red light one time on my bicycle.. I was going about 25mph... I felt like I was in a cartoon, SPLAT!!! The guy was nice, and took my bike home when I went to the hospital. I think I am still recovering, eventhough it happened almost 10 years ago... I still have a little swelling around my right eye, and dont have total vision in it. Some days are better than others.

Cody, let me know if you need me to bring you a straw on Saturday. So you can suck it up!!!

ActionRC
2009.01.15, 09:36 AM
Al's Top 10 Bicycle Crashes:

1) Flatbush Ave, Bklyn - Got broadsided by a motorcycle pulling out of a driveway. Thankfully rode over my back wheel instead of my leg. He actually rode to a cash machine to give me money to replace the wheel.
2) Alexander Ave Trails, SI - Tried to jump a foxhole that we dug to play war. It was the first time I ever rode a 'cool' (non-Huffy) bike, a Diamondback, and I endo'd. I sure wish that bike had brakes.
3) Arthur Kill Rd, SI - A guy made a right, cut me off, and my front wheel got stuck between his wheel well and tire, which twisted and pulled the bike up in the air while I was still clipped into the pedals! No major injury, but my front wheel got bent up pretty good.
4) Maguire Ave, SI - My friend Joe and I were cruising around when we were 15, and we saw some hot girls sitting on a car in a driveway. We only lived a few blocks away, but decided to pretend we were lost so we can go talk to them. I flew into the driveway, but didn't know that the driveway was a double and split with one of those little curb-bump dividers. Endo'd right into the back of the car they were sitting on. Very embarrassing, and all they did was laugh. So did my friend.
5) Annadale Rd sidewalk, SI, 1978 - My second day riding a bike, I tried jumping another bike on it's side. Little did I know that a bike with solid tires doesn't get much air. Broke my bike, my friend's bike, and banged up my knee.
6) McBaine Ave, SI - Tried to avoid a kid running to 1st base playing ball in the street. Saw a space between two cars, and thought there was a driveway. There wasn't. Slammed the curb and flew into a fence. Cut my elbow down to the bone.
7) Greenbelt, SI - Underestimated how low a fairly thick branch was while riding a fast downhill. Slammed my head and got knocked on my butt. Minor concussion, but kept riding!
8) Bicycle Medic Bike Shop, SI - Worked there many years, and on a quiet winter day we decided to try riding BMX bikes on tread mills. My front wheel slid sideways, hit the side, and I got thrown backward by the belt! No injury, but very funny. (I recommend trying this. You can stay upright even with just the front wheel spinning! Gotta love centripetal force!)
9) Woodrow Rd, SI - Same Diamonback broke a chain while I was going very fast downhill. Lost all resistance and flew over the handlebar. Faceplanted at about 30 mph and cut my face open pretty good.
10) Pompey Ave, SI - A guy made a right turn into me, and knocked me into a parked car. When I proceded to yell at him, he stopped to yell at me - and tried to blame me! I think he was drunk, and he started to get a little too close, so I took the pump off of my top tube and swung it at his face. I clipped his nose, which started bleeding, and he stumbled back to his car and drove away.

The moral - Wear a helmet!!!

ActionRC
2009.01.15, 09:42 AM
BONUS # 11:
Same Annadale Rd sidewalk, SI, 1980 - Entered a bicycle decorating contest for a Tottenville parade, and when I finished, I took it for a testride, barefoot, when I had just got out of the pool. My foot slipped off the pedal, and landed in the front spokes, which then pulled all of the skin off the top of my foot. Very painful!

ShortBus
2009.01.15, 09:49 AM
Cody, concussions bring life back into focus :) If you ever watch a hockey game, right after you get your head buried into the boards you will see the player do that "f'd up squirrel" head shake – gets things back into place and then he's fine again.

Man up and always remember "chicks dig scars" !!!!

Jeff

ShortBus
2009.01.15, 09:52 AM
Al, now I know why you went into the 3 wheel bike business :)

Jeff

Fifty7
2009.01.15, 10:10 AM
Al,

That set of 750 batteries i bought on Thursday will not charge The charger will not even start the cycle with those batteries in it. Could they be a bad batch? Charger works fine with the other Orions

LouC
2009.01.15, 10:23 AM
#4 - Very Funny!!!
Remind me never to go bike riding with Al (not that I go bike riding anyway)

ActionRC
2009.01.15, 12:48 PM
Marty - You never know. Let's try it on my charger tonight. For some reason, when people have trouble getting a set to charge for the first time, I put it on my old ****** to see if the set takes the charge. After a few minutes, if the charger does not indicate that there is a problem, I give the set back to the customer to put in their own charger, and everything is fine after that. This happens sometimes with new sets of any batteries, and not the 750's in particular.

You should see some of the stunts we do around here on tricycles. It's a whole new world of freestyle tricks when you add a 3rd wheel!
For those who don't know what I do during the day...

http://worksmancycles.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/specialty.html

(Bad pic, but cool cycle.)

Al

Fifty7
2009.01.15, 12:50 PM
Marty - You never know. Let's try it on my charger tonight.

Al

OK Thanks, see you later. Cant wait for Saturday!!

imxlr8ed
2009.01.15, 02:03 PM
Al,

That set of 750 batteries i bought on Thursday will not charge The charger will not even start the cycle with those batteries in it. Could they be a bad batch? Charger works fine with the other Orions

If a battery doesn't start with my 30 minute chargers, I usually throw it on a 1 hour to get it rolling. After that, it's good to go.

Either it's not recognizing the cell because of lack of voltage, or some will not start a cycle because the cell is fully charged.

minittrackmann
2009.01.15, 02:57 PM
Eugene I am already bringing a few straws, but if you want you can birng a few also:)

Can't wait for the nats!!!!!!
I'm going to win atleast one A

Cody

EMU
2009.01.15, 08:13 PM
Also, bring a helmet :p

minittrackmann
2009.01.15, 08:15 PM
Will do!!

A butt pad may come in handy too

EMU
2009.01.15, 09:22 PM
I have 'butt' pads, called Crash Pads. I used to wear them when I used to skate... Came in handy for ramps... Ive been wanting to bring my old knee pads for marshalling duty, I keep screwing them up when I dive for cars.

minittrackmann
2009.01.15, 09:29 PM
If Roland or anyone that is reading this has lipopacks for 1/10 touring carsplease let me no. I will take 1 or 2 off your hands this Saturday!!

Cody

Ibrake Ifry
2009.01.16, 12:12 PM
Man i can't wait for tommorow! Cycling all my batteries today :)

Number1
2009.01.16, 01:21 PM

Got a concusion?
Of course, you were going too fast with the little car.:rolleyes:

Ibrake Ifry
2009.01.16, 01:39 PM
hahahaha i was there when i was on that little car. He almost broke it too lol

minittrackmann
2009.01.16, 02:28 PM
Wow why do I look chinese??????

Cody

SaiTam
2009.01.16, 03:05 PM
Wow why do I look chinese??????

Cody

Consider it a good thing since you probably want to become another Jacob F in 2009. Stugottz will give you Chinese lesson.

minittrackmann
2009.01.16, 03:07 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha

ahag

Scrapper
2009.01.16, 08:01 PM
winternats baby

i got my bag packed already just waiting on my pit towel to be washed

philly123
2009.01.16, 08:51 PM
Al is going to do assigned seats so its gonig to go something like this
phil stugotz cody lol

SaiTam
2009.01.16, 08:55 PM
winternats baby

i got my bag packed already just waiting on my pit towel to be washed

Remember to wash yourself as well.

EMU
2009.01.16, 08:59 PM
Assigned seats... lol. Thats just funny.

Sai, what time are you leaving Manhattan tomorrow?

jackg
2009.01.16, 09:02 PM
see you all tomorrow. i will sell tacos and burritos all day and race all night!:D -j

jackg
2009.01.16, 09:03 PM
by the way - I'm pitting in the hall with Cody:D

michvin
2009.01.16, 09:11 PM
when does it start?

k_bojar
2009.01.16, 09:11 PM
see you all tomorrow. i will sell tacos and burritos all day and race all night!:D -j

yummy!! and I haven't even tried yours yet ;)

jackg
2009.01.16, 09:33 PM
let me clarify- the taco truck will be at the regular spot at 275 amboy ave. woodbridge nj tomorrow. I can not bring it to the race but it will soon make an appearance on a sat. nite :cool: -j

Scrapper
2009.01.16, 09:34 PM
im pitting where i can

i got the airtronics module so im gonna mess with it tomorrow

the vette will own the c main out of 5 mains
lolololololololololololololololol

k_bojar
2009.01.16, 09:37 PM
im pitting where i can

i got the airtronics module so im gonna mess with it tomorrow

the vette will own the c main out of 5 mains
lolololololololololololololololol

stu - what kind of airtronics radio did you get?? a M11 or the M8?

Scrapper
2009.01.16, 09:40 PM
m8 i got an m8

jackg
2009.01.16, 09:42 PM
by the time i get to the track the hall will be all thats left:eek:

michvin
2009.01.16, 09:48 PM
hmmm... any link to the schedule?

EMU
2009.01.16, 09:52 PM
Stu, have you had a change to get adjusted to the radio? Dont expect anyone to help you on a large race like this. I know I am going to focus only on my race.

Mike, I believe that practice starts at noon, racing starts at 4pm.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=325517&postcount=5

michvin
2009.01.16, 09:53 PM
Stu, have you had a change to get adjusted to the radio? Dont expect anyone to help you on a large race like this. I know I am going to focus only on my race.

Mike, I believe that practice starts at noon, racing starts at 4pm.thanks my friend! Will see you tomorrow?

EMU
2009.01.16, 09:55 PM
thanks my friend! Will see you tomorrow?

I will be there :cool:

michvin
2009.01.16, 09:56 PM
I will be there :cool:
eric will be driving my cars tomorrow. I'm going to take pictures.

EMU
2009.01.16, 10:03 PM
Videos, not pictures ;) I look forward to seeing you both.

michvin
2009.01.16, 10:15 PM
Videos, not pictures ;) I look forward to seeing you both.Nah... I hope to see my pictures in the RC car action ;)

jackg
2009.01.16, 10:17 PM
eugene- will there be a fresh new tracklayout for the race tomorrow? -j

minittrackmann
2009.01.16, 10:30 PM
Cannot bring my table tomorrow:(:(

Mom is bringing me, not enough room in the car:(

jackg
2009.01.16, 10:36 PM
i don't know what i can cram in the car table-wise. maybe i can borrow a folding square card table

jackg
2009.01.16, 10:37 PM
yo stu whats up?:D

minittrackmann
2009.01.16, 10:46 PM
AL

I think Stu should stay in the Stugotz ZONE!!!!!

No where near actualy people. lol

JK

PS.
I will pay you a little extra (Al) if you reserve me my normal spot, or somewere atleast near the wall:):)

hahaha

bermbuster
2009.01.16, 11:02 PM
the cars are ready.....
we cant wait for tomorrow......

k_bojar
2009.01.16, 11:05 PM
the cars are ready.....
we cant wait for tomorrow......

ditto here :)

lfisminiz
2009.01.16, 11:18 PM
Same here...Ed and I will see you guys 2morrow.:)

EMU
2009.01.16, 11:44 PM
Mine are nowhere near ready... about to start a tear down and rebuild in a little while. Sleep before a big race is allways a bad idea...

Jack, I assume it will be an entirely new layout tomorrow... I will not know until I arrive tomorrow.

philly123
2009.01.17, 12:49 AM
your telling me i got my cars ready this week and im going to finish building my pan car at the track tomor lol

Ibrake Ifry
2009.01.17, 02:33 AM
need sleep...stop thinking about race...ughh

minittrackmann
2009.01.17, 08:29 AM
WoooHooooo

Cant wait!

Scrapper
2009.01.17, 08:31 AM
does anyone have an cd walkman they could sell me for 10 dollars or so i need a new one for school mine is breaking

i would appreciate it so much

bermbuster
2009.01.17, 08:39 AM
does anyone have an cd walkman they could sell me for 10 dollars or so i need a new one for school mine is breaking

i would appreciate it so much

If I can find it....you can have it....:)

bermbuster
2009.01.17, 08:41 AM
WoooHooooo

Cant wait!

Cody Im glad your gonna make it....
Today is going to be a great race day for you....

Scrapper
2009.01.17, 09:38 AM
If I can find it....you can have it....:)
god bless you it is just that why spend 40 dollars for one when i can help a friend out instead and get one cheaper

i wont have time really either

jackg
2009.01.18, 01:45 AM
Thanks to Al for a great race event. It was an incredible layout and the reverse direction coupled with the main straight on the oposite side gave no advantage to home track drivers. That did not stop Johnathan from taking top honors with a first place win in A main 02 stock and many other locals from doing well in all classes. Pan car was awesome to watch because it really came down to driving given that the cars were all so similar. Can't wait for the next big race. :D -j

EMU
2009.01.18, 03:13 AM
It was a great race. I would like to thank all of the non local racers who participated. It made it an even better race. The debut of the 70t pan class was very good, as Jack said, the cars were very close, and every error made a huge difference. I think this will be a very good series ;) Clean driving will be very important. I made only one error in the main, and it nearly cost me the win...

My Pan car was very smooth, and carried good speed in the corners. The Atomic VDS is a little lighter than the PN, and it showed after I switched to it. I went from being about the same speed as willy, to slighty faster. On the start, Willy, Maj and I got a good start, and didnt get caught in the first turn mess... Maj snagged a board, and I managed to clear him. I was slightly faster than Willy was, but knew that Willy was pretty fast... so I decided to pace him and wait for my pass. I told him... "Lets check out, then battle later". We worked together to run clean, and started pulling a good gap. We worked our way around a couple of backmarkers without hiccup. About halfway through the main, Willy got flipped while trying to get around Roland who was trying to stay on the lead lap. I didnt want to pass him that way, and we had such a large gap that I decided to wait for him to be marshalled so we could continue our race. He ended up hitting a board a few laps later, and I made the pass and opened a pretty good gap up on him. With less than a minute to go, I snagged a board, my only error. I waited until there was clean track to backup after I had a little 2.4 reverse delay (didnt want to mess up anyone elses race). By the time I was able to reverse, Willy was in my draft with 2 laps to go. I just tried to drive clean, and stay off the boards while still in front of a charging Willy Wong... I could tell that he was pushing very hard now, staying on throttle just a little longer than he was before... but there just wasnt enough time for him to make an attempt to pass.

The 015 race was very intense. Sai ran a clean smooth race, despite having a slower car ended up with the win... I got caught up in traffic twice, and ended up playing catch up for most of the race. The first time I lost the lead and 2nd place, but didnt lose too much ground on the leaders. I started charging back to the front, gaining a good amount each lap. I closed a half lap lead that Sai had to less than half a straight, but got flipped on my lid in traffic losing the 2nd spot with 4 laps to go :( Which I almost got back at the end, finishing .2s behind... It was a great run despite the finishing position.

I got pretty lucky with the MR02 (Pro) Stock. I qualified 3rd, and finished third. Before this race, I decided to switch to a slower motor (Atomic Race Standard USA), for two reasons. 1. I wanted to make the difference in power between the classes less than what it was before, and 2. I wanted to get some tuning to prepare for the Atomic race series which will use this motor as the handout for the stock classes. I like the motor, has pretty good top end, but is smooth. Not as fast as the Atomic Stock or Speedy 07... but fast enough. I drove fairly clean, but didnt have enough rear bite, and didnt want to switch to a rear tire with more grip right before the main (didnt want to push a lot). I could drive the car, but it was at its limit with fairly conservative driving. I couldnt use brakes, at all (I like to use a lot of brake normally). I will be trying a softer rear tire next week, with 1mm wider rear wheels.

I was slightly off pace, but didnt try to hold anyone behind me if they were going to attempt to pass. Maj's car was fast and smooth... that McLaren looks great, and intimidating at the same time. Cody was also very fast and smooth. They both deserved to be in front of me, but the consistancy hurt them both... allowing me to pass when they got into the walls. I kept off the walls as best as I could, I dont think I got snagged badly at all during the race... but almost did a few times. In the end, I managed to get 3rd after Cody snagged a board with less than 3 laps to go, and was able to hold on to the position at the finish. It was an intense race, and I was thinking going into the race that my goal was not to finish last... Slow and steady didnt win the race, but at least it made the podium.

All of my cars used the same tire setup. 8d Atomic Radial rear, 40d Atomic Competition front. All were slightly different in how they were treated (true/groove), but all the same tire. The 8d ATMs didnt have quite enough grip for the faster motor in the Stock class, but the 70t class, they worked very well.

There were a lot of good battles in every class, in almost every main. Jim, Marcos and Tom Jr. had a great one that I hope someone got on video. Nearly half of the race they were running within 5 feet of eachother with almost no errors. It was one of the best battles of the night. You didnt know which of the three would win it... There was good disipline, waiting for a good opportunity to pass instead of pushing to pass anywhere that they could. Stugottz also had a good run with Diante (I hope its spelled right). Stu's car looked pretty loose, and Diante's car looked good... It was the best that I have seen Diante run, I was impressed, and can see a lot of potential. I think he got discouraged a little when he lost ground, and started to push too hard and lost rhythem, but thats easy to do especially when there is a big crowd watching the race. I can forsee a lot of good battles between the two of them in the future.

I missed most of the B mains, while I was getting my cars ready. But from what I saw, there were some good battles. Larry and Sai... Larry lead most of the race, but Sai managed to squeeze by somehow. I wish I saw the race, it sounded like it was a good one.

Again, I would like to thank all of the racers from MHS, PA, and others that are not regulars at Action. You all made this one hell of a race. I look forward to racing with everyone again.

Scrapper
2009.01.18, 09:22 AM
last night was awesome

bermbuster
2009.01.18, 09:36 AM
First I want to thank Al and the crew at Action......
The Winternats was an awesome race!!! Next I want to thank all the racers
for making it an exciting event....Frankie and I had a really fun time.
I travel for work and I raced mini z s all across the US and I can and will say
that last night was the fastest racing I was ever privledged to watch and to compete in....

I saw something last night that made me realize why I bring my son to Action to race.....
The A main Pan car race was freaking fast and exciting but when Eugene stopped to let Willy catch up ..that was FREAKING AWESOME...
That has to be the sweetest victory for Eugene...Congrats!!!

During our 2nd qualifier in stock both me and my son turned on out TXs(UR1) at the same time and our 2.4s went wild....I know there is human error but I respect how fast Al runs through the races and I double checked everything pre race before we get ready to roll. Frankies set was cured w a rebind but mine was not responding. Mike looked at my TX and saw a setting had 255% which meant my model selection became corrupt....
Im not happy with KOPropo and I will find out what is going on...

Congrats to Anthony for the best paint....You beat Franks tank fair and square....:cool:

Looking forward to FeB 15 The Action (Daytona) 500.....:D

jackg
2009.01.18, 10:11 AM
the 500 will be cool. Al mentioned wanting a "scale" 500 but that would still mean running 17.85 miles. I belive that that will make for about a 1 hour race, maybe slightly more. :cool: -j

sjm324
2009.01.18, 12:29 PM
wow what a great night. Thanks to Al for putting on a great show. The night was long but moved along nicely. There were a lot of great battles all night. Thr mini z scene has really evolved over the last few years. The support that the locals and out of towners show action rc is really awesome. Tracks are very hard to keep going. With the continued support, great racing and great people at Action RC is definately the place to race. Cant wait unitl next time. See everyone soon

Adam

BTW counter clockwise is a PITA :)

EMU
2009.01.18, 12:33 PM
Dizzy!!! ^^^ Thats all I am going to say about the 500 ;)

George, thanks... Franks Tank was a great concept, and execution. Anthony's car really had the works done to it. Paint, leds, brake rotors, and display board...

TomSr
2009.01.18, 01:17 PM
Thanks to Al for a great race event. It was an incredible layout and the reverse direction coupled with the main straight on the oposite side gave no advantage to home track drivers. That did not stop Johnathan from taking top honors with a first place win in A main 02 stock and many other locals from doing well in all classes. Pan car was awesome to watch because it really came down to driving given that the cars were all so similar. Can't wait for the next big race. :D -j

Thanks Al for a great race! As usual I had a great time at Action RC with my 2 sons. That was a lot of racers and heats to keep organizaed and moving. Great job by Al and I think you made the right decisions in the 3rd qualifiers so that we could get on with the Mains. Great cooperation by everyone too from being ready to run their heats to getting out there to marshall. Overall, an outstanding show!

And the competition was incredible. The spread from C to E Mains I think was more a matter of seconds then laps. So many closely matched racers. It was a blast.

Jack, our Main was incredible. I got out to a good lead and you worked on me for 5 minutes and 45 seconds reeling me in like a fish on a hook - and finally closing in and taking it with 15 seconds to go. Great racing discipline and I enjoyed the battle. I'll take a good clean battle like that over a win anyday - that's what makes racing fun.

Like all of you, I look forward to more fun at Action RC. Congratulations to Al (and biased kudos to Crop who spent a lot of time with Al the past week helping get things ready and in helping running things yesterday. They make a great team and we all are the beneficiaries).

joey
2009.01.18, 01:19 PM
i had alot of fun out there last night, hope to be out there again sometime soon..

lfisminiz
2009.01.18, 02:03 PM
Great job Al and crew for a excellent race. Always enjoy when i get the chance to run with you guys. Also good to see the guys from Maj crew.

LARRY

k_bojar
2009.01.18, 02:12 PM
Last nite was great - thanks to Al for all your hard work getting the event up & running and smooth...

It was great to see so much competition in the Stock class and 015...

Can't wait to get back up there again!!

See ya all soom

philly123
2009.01.18, 02:56 PM
yea it was a fun night i had decent qualifiers but bad mains except for pan car and ened up taking 3rd behind willy i guess thats what happens when you try to come back the week before a big race lol

EMU
2009.01.18, 04:48 PM
yea it was a fun night i had decent qualifiers but bad mains except for pan car and ened up taking 3rd behind willy i guess thats what happens when you try to come back the week before a big race lol

Phil, my Pan car has been ready since October for the PNWC in Vegas ;) Its hard to get everything together in a week, and get used to driving again... A little time off I feel helps sometimes, but not as much time as you took off.

Scrapper
2009.01.18, 05:14 PM
woohoowoohoohoo

my bus was delayed until tomorrow

boomboomboomboom vengaboys oh yeah

J-Milz
2009.01.18, 06:11 PM
That was my first organized race event and I had a ball. Even though I lost to Stugotz and Deonte :). In the Mains. What could be better than 12 hrs. of Mini z? LOL! I'm not really a NASCAR fan, but judging by the events in last night's action, I'm definitely gonna set up my old 015 for NASCAR. I put my Pan car together yesterday 2 hrs before the race, and it showed. Overall, we'll definitely return for the next event.

Hey Al, will 70 turns be the motor of choice for the NASCAR event? I wannna prep now

EMU
2009.01.18, 06:14 PM
70t Nascar.... hmm, that sounds interesting. Last series we used the same motors as stock class. But slowing them down a little may be more interesting. I dont think that there will be that much of a difference in laptimes, since they carry a lot of speed through the corners, and the 70t motor has close to the same top speed as the "faster" motors do, just takes a little longer to get there.

bermbuster
2009.01.18, 06:31 PM
A little time off I feel helps sometimes, but not as much time as you took off.

Im glad it was just time Phil took off....I saw him selling items in the want ads and I thought he found a girl friend....:cool:

Man that trophy girl was cute.....If I knew she was such a Hottie I would have tried harder for a trophy.....

k_bojar
2009.01.18, 06:40 PM
Man that trophy girl was cute.....If I knew she was such a Hottie I would have tried harder for a trophy.....

She definitely was a cutie :) I'm surprised none of her pics have been posted yet ;)

philly123
2009.01.18, 07:17 PM
i did lol nd i thought i was done for but i was able to still come once in a while on saturdays so i got luckyy i guess nd now my cars are running decent so im gonig to try nd make it as much as possible.....great racing with you Berm lot of funs times :eek:

Scrapper
2009.01.18, 07:32 PM
stugottz got a pic with trophy gal

bermbuster
2009.01.18, 07:38 PM
stugottz got a pic with trophy gal

the undercover cracker cracked when he got close to the trophy girl....
Your face turned Ferrari red Stu.....:D

minittrackmann
2009.01.18, 08:17 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA.

Mike V can you post u some of those pics.

What time did you guys get out of there last night??

Scrapper
2009.01.18, 10:04 PM
i got home after 2 am

minittrackmann
2009.01.18, 10:17 PM
Really, you must have left right after me. I got home around 1:30. Shoulda stayed for pictures!

jackg
2009.01.18, 10:30 PM
TomSr thankyou very much, that was the best I've driven I think ever. That was an awesome race and I feel lucky to have such close competion week after week. The same best lap time out to two decimal places for you, Crop and I (not to mention Crop & I doing it on the same lap) ! It really cannot get much closer.:cool:

EMU
2009.01.18, 10:49 PM
After I saw the trophy girl, I made sure that I got a trophy ;)

k_bojar
2009.01.19, 07:34 AM
After I saw the trophy girl, I made sure that I got a trophy ;)

I tried that concept as well - except I drove worse :( Every main I was in was my wrose runs of the night

Pan Car was the only "good" main of the night - I fought back from dead last and a couple of laps down to only finish 1 down to the winner and finish a couple of seconds behind 2nd and on the same lap!

ActionRC
2009.01.19, 10:34 AM
All I can say is, "Wow!" That was absolutely the best night of racing in all of my years running Action RC. We have had some amazing races over the years, but for EVERY race to have excitement, passes, crashes, comebacks - that's what racing is all about. The Winternationals were even more spectacular than I knew they would be, and I thank you so much for all of the compliments, but it's you guys that made it what it was. You are all true gentlemen, and exhibited tremendous sportsmanship. THAT is what Action RC is all about, and that fact that you guys recognize that is why it will always be a top-notch racing facility. You guys put the fun before the race, not the race before the fun, and while that philosophy may not apply to some enormous world championship in whatever form of RC racing, at Action RC, THAT is what makes our events great. I thank you all for making ARCMS awesome!

I took a well needed day off yesterday, so I apologize for posting somewhat late. I hadn't seen my kids since Wednesday morning before school, and the backs of my legs were absolutely killing me yesterday. I didn't even play Guitar Hero - I WATCHED the kids play Guitar Hero, and we got caught up on a few episodes of Zack and Cody, but all day long I told friends and family about how great the 'Nats were. I just needed a day to get reaquainted with the couch. My butt forgot what it felt like!

A few key points to mention:

- PAN CAR IS AWESOME!!!!
- Thank you, Crop, for all of your help. It was vital. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, Crop was with me VERY late into the night helping to get everything ready. Painting, cleaning, scrubbing, organizing - he was with me every step of the way. His help is critical to the operation, and without him, I couldn't race. (If I can't race, aside from the fun I have with all of you, why would I want to keep doing this!?) One set of hands is not enough to get ready for an event like this, or even a regular Saturday sometimes, and Crop is my right-hand man. His maturity, reliability, and enthusiasm are sometimes my biggest motivator, and we ALL owe him tremendous gratitude for the work that he puts in to help me out.

- Speaking of enthusiasm, thank you, Eugene, for the support you give ARCMS. Your write-ups are great, and I am lucky to have you as a friend and fellow racer. Eugene experiments with Mini-Z's more than Einstein experimented with E=mc˛, and his success on the track shows. You are a true example of an ARCMS racer.

- Thank you to Mike V for taking so many pictures! I cannot wait to see them all. We will have them up on the web, thanks to Mike and Jeff, very shortly. Some will hopefully make into the pages of RC Car Action in the May "Grassroots" column that has been scheduled by Jason Sams!

- Thank you to Maj and his regular crew for racing with us. They were great competitors, a fun group, and a wonderful addition to a wonderful event. It was a pleasure having you guys, and having tracks like Maj's and ARCMS is a true testiment to the capabilities of the Mini-Z, and a testiment to the faithful people who race them who keep these tracks going. I'll thank Ed and Larry, and even Tommy here also, who took a bit further trip than our regulars to make it to the race.

- I am hoping to put all of the race data from the Core system onto a disk on Tuesday so that I can share it with all of you on the website. I have never done that before, but I am sure that between Jeff and I we'll figure it out.

Just to address a few specific posts:-

Jack: I would love to run our Daytona 500 party on Feb 15th as close as possible in distance to the real thing, but not scaled down due to the size. Maybe we'll start at the green of the 500, and finish at the checkers. That would be pretty cool. Last year, we ran 30 minute qualifiers in two or three groups, which also worked out really well. It gave everyone a break, let everyone catch up on the race on TV, and kept the skill levels of drivers closer. We always ran regular stock class rules, and some cars are faster than others, but the fast cars don't always win. On the oval, the freedom of motor choice has not hurt the racing, so I don't think we'll go full-spec on that one quite yet.

DAYTONA 500 NASCAR RACING AND PARTY ON FEBRUARY 15th! Details will be announced soon. CAN'T WAIT!

- Joe and George: I am glad you guys had a great time, despite having radio and car trouble before the Mains. I try to be so sympathetic when someone has trouble to hold off the start of a race, but it is so hard to do, especially during a big event.

- Jamil: Very funny post. Better luck beating Stugotz and Deonte next time. They both did really well, and gave you a great run. I couldn't agree with Eugene more - Stu and Deonte are both going for Most Improved Driver. Although I was sad for Deonte for losing the lead and a trophy, I was happy to see how passionate he was about it. He was able to laugh off his disappointment in the end, and left with a smile. It was also great to see Stugotz congratulate Deonte on a well-fought race. Again, as much as we pick on Stu, he's a true gentleman, despite the fact that he wipes his face with his shirt and spits when he talks.

- Ant, George and Frankie: You guys put great effort into those pan cars. It was a very difficult decision.

- Miss Action RC: I'll bet you guys didn't think she'd be THAT hot, did you!? Haha! I don't play around when it comes to choosing a Miss Action RC! It is SO funny to watch the facial expressions on all of you when a pretty girl walks in the room, but when it comes to someone as amazingly beautiful as Ann Marie, you can't help it. She was graceful, classy, and fun - and was so great considering that she was one of the only girls in a room full of guys that rarely see girls on a Saturday night! You guys were great, and the pictures will be incredible - especially of Stugotz! Ann Marie will be the officially crowned Ms. Action RC until she just doesn't want to show up anymore. I can't even imagine finding a better one!

There are so many other great things and highlites that I can write about, and so many other "Thank You's" that I can think of, but I'll leave it at that for now so I can get some work done at the 'day job.' I have some Worksman tricycles waiting for me that I have to try to break now!

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE ACTION RC MINI SPEEDWAY '09 MINI-Z SUMMERNATIONALS! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Al

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 10:42 AM
Whats up Fella's... had an awsome time racing at the winter nat's... much respect to all that made it the event it needed to be and WAS!!!!... that was my first time racing on a full scale track and even though it took me a little while to get my timing and set up down i still had a great time... i will be ready for the summer nat's count me in... It was great to finally put faces to names and cant wait to race with you guys again...

Scrapper
2009.01.19, 10:54 AM
it was nice meeting sylvestor stalone

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 11:08 AM
Next time we will have to try and spped things up a little more so we can go have a victory party at my club which is only 10 mins up the parkway from action...

Sorry but i'm pretty sure that link isn't allowed:)

Scrapper
2009.01.19, 11:11 AM
dont post a porno link please my friends here lol jk

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 11:23 AM
dont post a porno link please my friends here lol jk

ur shot!!!! way to much rcp dust...

ActionRC
2009.01.19, 11:35 AM
Stugotz - You crack me up. I told my father that you thought he looked like Sly. Too funny. He really enjoyed meeting some of the guys, especially you and Ed. :D

Junior - NOW you mention that!!?? Haha! :eek:

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 11:39 AM
Stugotz - You crack me up. I told my father that you thought he looked like Sly. Too funny. He really enjoyed meeting some of the guys, especially you and Ed. :D

summer nats trophys are gonna have to be something the winners can drink outta of... a-main mr-02 winner drinks for free (but it has to be outta the trophy...)

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 11:41 AM
with the way stugottz was with the trophy girl he would probally have a seizure if he walked into my place... LOL...

MINIz guy11
2009.01.19, 11:41 AM
Post pictures already! Sounded like you guys had a blast, I'll try my best to make the summer nationals to join in along with the fun!

k_bojar
2009.01.19, 11:43 AM
summer nats trophys are gonna have to be something the winners can drink outta of... a-main mr-02 winner drinks for free (but it has to be outta the trophy...)

nothing wrong with drinking out of a trophy - the pros do it all the time :D

imxlr8ed
2009.01.19, 12:03 PM

I kinda figured that was your Pops, but I didn't have time to get much of his story because I had a Pan Car heat to lose :o... one cool dude though, no doubt!

Great racing as always... Action RC is my biggest motivation to buy a hybrid so the commute wouldn't be as bad! All you locals are so lucky to have a large share of the fastest racers in the sport to race with every week, and a guy who bends over backwards to keep it all going!

Thanks again!

minittrackmann
2009.01.19, 12:11 PM
Great race!!!!

As always..

I shoulda had 2nd in 02:):):):):)

Eugene that pancar is hooked. I am copying it this Saturday. HAHA. jk

Scrapper
2009.01.19, 12:15 PM
im gonna set up an 015 for 2wd stock atomic car at the race in april

my car is gonna woop jacobs lol jkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

minittrackmann
2009.01.19, 12:29 PM
Sam STOP!!

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 12:33 PM
Sam STOP!!

cody ur 350 looked great sat night... i was never able to get the 07 to work without pushing... i always run the 05... i feel it is a better balanced body front to back... the 07 is a little rear heavy for me... but you got that 07 dialed...

ActionRC
2009.01.19, 01:11 PM
Junior - Johnathan, Phil, and Cody are too young to drink, but Roland, Willy, and Eugene are not! I think R, W, and E have even more motivation now to take these kids down, though!

Scrapper
2009.01.19, 01:12 PM
u 4got stu im one of the boys lol

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 01:53 PM
Junior - Johnathan, Phil, and Cody are too young to drink, but Roland, Willy, and Eugene are not! I think R, W, and E have even more motivation now to take these kids down, though!

nothing like a little motivation to squeeze out another lap or two... just imagine 50 miss action rc's.... alot more than just photo ops goin on... LOL... by the end of the night the guys wont even remember they were in a race...

Old Crow
2009.01.19, 02:21 PM
Had a really good time racing and meeting new people. Thanks to Al and the others involved for a great event. It was almost 3am before I got home and snowing heavy by the time I crossed the PA boarder 6"+ in all !

Scrapper
2009.01.19, 02:29 PM
thanks for the compliment al oh and i am trying to convince my dad to let me go to the nascar event

ill have to get an 015 for it and leave it stock except for atomic parts lol

Scrapper
2009.01.19, 02:47 PM
stugottz be out for two weeks playas

minittrackmann
2009.01.19, 03:10 PM
Hey, I'll go to that club of yours!!!!!!!!

Yeah the past 2 weeks the 07 has been dialed. I think I learned that I can only use the rear tires for about 3 runs, and get a new set for the main. hahah

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 03:30 PM
Hey, I'll go to that club of yours!!!!!!!!

Yeah the past 2 weeks the 07 has been dialed. I think I learned that I can only use the rear tires for about 3 runs, and get a new set for the main. hahah

LOL!... u just keep racing... its an 8 min main and women weaken the legs...

minittrackmann
2009.01.19, 03:56 PM
LOL.

You coming this Saturday?

Keep in mind, it took me like a year and a half to get my 02 to run that good.

:)

ActionRC
2009.01.19, 03:57 PM
Stugotz - Junior's offer was for the A-Main winner - not the "barely won the F!" :p

Cody - Need some ice? Easy does it. (You, Stu, Crop, Johnathan, and Phil would be a BLAST to hang out with at a place like that, though! Your heads would explode! Just a few years away, guys, after the 2013 Winternationals?)

Larry - Glad you guys got home okay. I'm really glad you and Ed stayed for the entire event. Maybe for the next late night race, you can stay at Staten Island's own West Shore Motor Inn or Victory Motor Inn. I've heard they offer the same great hospitality that Junior's club offers. (There's always the Hilton and Hampton Suites if you like a nicer place without the special, um, accomodations.)

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 04:04 PM
Stugotz - Junior's offer was for the A-Main winner - not the "barely won the F!" :p

Cody - Need some ice? Easy does it. (You, Stu, Crop, Johnathan, and Phil would be a BLAST to hang out with at a place like that, though! Your heads would explode! Just a few years away, guys, after the 2013 Winternationals?)

Larry - Glad you guys got home okay. I'm really glad you and Ed stayed for the entire event. Maybe for the next late night race, you can stay at Staten Island's own West Shore Motor Inn or Victory Motor Inn. I've heard they offer the same great hospitality that Junior's club offers. (There's always the Hilton and Hampton Suites if you like a nicer place without the special, um, accomodations.)

LOL... just like u run mandatory pit towels i would have to run mandatory bibs if we brought these guys... im sure my staff would not appreciate mopping up drool off the floor at the end of the night...

sjm324
2009.01.19, 04:19 PM
Next time we will have to try and spped things up a little more so we can go have a victory party at my club which is only 10 mins up the parkway from action...

Oh man - who took the link down :) - I was looking for directions to that place :) - Now I need another excuse to stay out even later after racing. (I was all ready to tell the wife the next trophy race was going to have a special banquet after racing)

adam

k_bojar
2009.01.19, 04:25 PM
Oh man - who took the link down :) - I was looking for directions to that place :) - Now I need another excuse to stay out even later after racing. (I was all ready to tell the wife the next trophy race was going to have a special banquet after racing)

adam

They took down the link and there was nothing "bad" on the site :) I looked this morning, clean site - not single unclothed female :)

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 04:25 PM

Sorry... had no idea that wasnt allowed...

minittrackmann
2009.01.19, 04:27 PM
There was nothing wrong with the website though. O well not your fault. hahaha

cody

minittrackmann
2009.01.19, 04:29 PM
I wanna see those pics!!!!

bermbuster
2009.01.19, 04:53 PM
Nothing like the natural high a really great day of racing gives you....
I just got home from work and im suffering withdrawal already....
Wish it was race night....:D

J-Milz
2009.01.19, 05:14 PM
Aint nuttin like good 'ole American Muscle!

bermbuster
2009.01.19, 05:21 PM

Awesome Chevelle....396 or 70t....:D

Fifty7
2009.01.19, 08:42 PM

Would love to see some bodies like that.

lfisminiz
2009.01.19, 10:26 PM
Thanks, Al. The late night is no problem. When we get a chance to get to Action...its worth it.;):)

LARRY

philly123
2009.01.20, 12:44 AM
that body looks really nice is that an actual autoscale?

ActionRC
2009.01.20, 10:27 AM
Jamil made a replica if his real Chevelle. His car is sweet!

Speaking of bodies we would like to see made, this is the time to bombard Kyosho with emails about bodies to make. I was told this morning that they have zero Readysets in stock. Zero! All they have are the new McLarens, which I already have on the way, and which they will sell out of quickly. While this may not impact anyone on this site, who do not buy Readysets anymore anyway, there is no easier way for a newbie to get into the hobby of Mini-Z racing, and we NEED newbies!

Many of us have said we would like to see either the old or new style American muscle - Camaro, Challenger, and Mustang. This is the time to request these types of products. If we do not tell them what to make, they won't know. As much as we all want them to make these American muscle cars, we know they may not handle like an Aston Martin, McLaren, Corvette, or FXX, so we still need them to make the low, wide supercars. Tell them what you want! Always keep them posted of your requests. This is how we will get what we want.

Personally, I'd love to see the above muscle, plus:
1. C6 Corvette - Race or street versions.
2. Last gen Camaro or Firebird, but styled like the Iroc series cars to keep them low and wide.
3. Ford GT with a front valence to keep them from climbing RCP walls.
4. Lamborghini Gallardo
5. Saleen like Iwaver made.

If the Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger handled well, then forget all the rest and just build those!

Fifty7
2009.01.20, 10:40 AM
Jamil made a replica if his real Chevelle. His car is sweet!

Personally, I'd love to see the above muscle, plus:
1. C6 Corvette - Race or street versions.
2. Last gen Camaro or Firebird, but styled like the Iroc series cars to keep them low and wide.
3. Ford GT with a front valence to keep them from climbing RCP walls.
4. Lamborghini Gallardo
5. Saleen like Iwaver made.

If the Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger handled well, then forget all the rest and just build those!

I'm sure they would run like crap but i would like to see a 50's collection too, even if it was just to add to my car collection (57 chevy, 59 Cadillac, etc...)

JuniorWKR
2009.01.20, 10:48 AM
I'm sure they would run like crap but i would like to see a 50's collection too, even if it was just to add to my car collection (57 chevy, 59 Cadillac, etc...)

50's collection would be awsome... then you can set up scaled quater mile drag racing... they even sell a tree so i can be legite racing and have a points series...

michvin
2009.01.20, 11:04 AM
Subject has it:
Gallery 1: (http://michvin.smugmug.com/gallery/7137385_Yycun/1/457840710_gVHkc)

Gallery 2: (http://michvin.smugmug.com/gallery/7142281_uPtAc/1/458370989_7uFQ3)

Enjoy!

Cherub1m
2009.01.20, 12:16 PM
Looks like it was a great event:D. Hopefully Ill make the next one.

Great picks michvin!!! thanks for sharing.

JuniorWKR
2009.01.20, 12:46 PM
Awsome pics... Thank You

EMU
2009.01.20, 01:14 PM
The look on Eds face, priceless...
http://michvin.smugmug.com/photos/458222414_UeGmu-M.jpg

Great pics Mike. I look a little wierd in a few... :p

michvin
2009.01.20, 01:16 PM
Great pics Mike. I look a little wierd in a few... :p
That's because you're weird :D:D:D.
Thanks!

Fifty7
2009.01.20, 01:56 PM
Great pics!!! And awesome racing. Had a great time for my 1st big race. Wish I ran better but still had a great time. Looking forward to my first point series now.

Fifty7
2009.01.20, 02:22 PM
Right after the 1st qualifier Saturday my 02 went severely down hill. All of a sudden, all i could do is doughnuts when trying to turn right. One at a time i tried:
- tires
- H plate
- loosened diff
- front springs
- lowered throttle
- took diff apart and cleaned it.
- kingpins are clean and knuckles are smooth moving
- oil shock seems a bit stiff but took it off and had same problem.

next step is to throw it against the wall i think

imxlr8ed
2009.01.20, 02:50 PM
LOL... :D

YES! Not really what I was going for, but that'll work!

ActionRC
2009.01.20, 03:00 PM
Big thanks to Mike for taking and linking the pics, and Jeff for getting the website updated. Jeff has the links up on the website, as well. We'll be cleaning out some of the old ones, and then adding the new thumbnails soon.

Ed - Please tell me you're holding the TROPHY! Hahahahahaha!

Marty - Can you come down tonight so we can take a look at it? Also, Kyosho made a '58 Vette in cooperation with the Danbury Mint, and it is beautiful! I wish I could get the body, but don't really want the MR01 underneath it. I think the demand would be higher for muscle cars from the late 60's and early 70's.

Philip - You missed a good one, buddy. I told you, you need to start taking your wife out on FRIDAYS! Get your priorities straight!

sjm324
2009.01.20, 03:23 PM
Great pics mike - priceless pics of stugottz and eugene with the trophy girl - she looks the happiest with stugottz :)

Fifty7
2009.01.20, 03:30 PM
Big thanks to Mike for taking and linking the pics, and Jeff for getting the website updated. Jeff has the links up on the website, as well. We'll be cleaning out some of the old ones, and then adding the new thumbnails soon.

Ed - Please tell me you're holding the TROPHY! Hahahahahaha!

Marty - Can you come down tonight so we can take a look at it? Also, Kyosho made a '58 Vette in cooperation with the Danbury Mint, and it is beautiful! I wish I could get the body, but don't really want the MR01 underneath it. I think the demand would be higher for muscle cars from the late 60's and early 70's.

Philip - You missed a good one, buddy. I told you, you need to start taking your wife out on FRIDAYS! Get your priorities straight!

I wish i could but i have bowling tonight. another late night lol

lfisminiz
2009.01.20, 05:10 PM
Mike....AWESOME PICS!!:)

EMU
2009.01.20, 06:43 PM
Adam, I look like that because of the intense race that just finished (and the trophy), not because Im next to her... Stugottz on the other hand... I look funny, but as Mike pointed out, Im wierd ;)

ZYHAC
2009.01.20, 06:45 PM
Hey all how is everyone. Sorry I haven't been talking and chatting for some time now, my time is limited here. Anyway I can't wait till I get back there so I could race with you all again. If anyone would like to hit me up online, hit me up at ZYHAC0069@YAHOO.COM. I can not stay but will try to be on every now and then but sooner than later.

Hope all is well and see you all around Marchish.

Zyhac:)

philly123
2009.01.20, 08:17 PM
guys im wondering if anyone has the shock for the awd sas kit i only need one bc the one i have is broken if anyone has anything let me know thanks

Davey G
2009.01.21, 07:38 AM
No full body shots of the trophy girl? Anyone? Anyone?? :D

ActionRC
2009.01.21, 10:21 AM
Hey all how is everyone. Sorry I haven't been talking and chatting for some time now, my time is limited here. Anyway I can't wait till I get back there so I could race with you all again. If anyone would like to hit me up online, hit me up at ZYHAC0069@YAHOO.COM. I can not stay but will try to be on every now and then but sooner than later.

Hope all is well and see you all around Marchish.

Zyhac:)

Good to hear from you, Darrel! I'll put the new email address on the mailing list. Hope all is well, and look forward to seeing you.

ActionRC
2009.01.21, 10:50 AM
No full body shots of the trophy girl? Anyone? Anyone?? :D

Yeah, not sure what happened there. We have to yell at Mike V for being too much of a gentleman!

Cherub1m
2009.01.21, 11:28 AM

Hey Al

Been very busy lately and the way my racing is going I might get stuck running in my basement track :o more often then not doing time trials and posting results online with other home bound racers like me :(. Its not HFAY but something like it but much more casual

minittrackmann
2009.01.21, 03:27 PM
Swwet pics

michvin
2009.01.21, 04:34 PM
Yeah, not sure what happened there. We have to yell at Mike V for being too much of a gentleman!
Invite her again. ;) Naked is also an option :D:D

ActionRC
2009.01.21, 05:29 PM
Hey, hey, hey. Remember - this is lifelong friend of Nat's, which is why she walked in the door in the first place. Still, it would have been cool to get the full shot, but there's always the Summernationals.

michvin
2009.01.21, 05:34 PM
Hey, hey, hey. Remember - this is lifelong friend of Nat's, which is why she walked in the door in the first place. Still, it would have been cool to get the full shot, but there's always the Summernationals.
It was only a joke, not the best one, I agree :)

jackg
2009.01.21, 08:57 PM
if people are racing sat. nite let me know. I will bring the taco truck if there is the usual sat crowd:D:cool: -j

jackg
2009.01.21, 09:15 PM
i am charging and discharging cells right now for thurs. nite baby!:) -j

SaiTam
2009.01.21, 09:28 PM
Got pic of taco truck?

JuniorWKR
2009.01.22, 09:55 AM
Got pic of taco truck?

LOL... i thought we werent allowed to post those kind of pics...

ActionRC
2009.01.22, 12:38 PM
Junior - Haha!

Jack - Hopefully the usual crowd will be there. Tacos would be awesome!!! Talk about the ultimate pit truck! I'd like to see pics also.

Is anyone coming tonight that is halfway descent with computers? I tried Tuesday to burn the Winternationals data onto a disc and cannot do it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, and could use some help. I am sure for anyone else, this is easy.

See everyone tonight! Let's give away lots of ARCMS $$$'s!

Al

Fifty7
2009.01.22, 01:08 PM
Junior - Haha!

Jack - Hopefully the usual crowd will be there. Tacos would be awesome!!! Talk about the ultimate pit truck! I'd like to see pics also.

Is anyone coming tonight that is halfway descent with computers? I tried Tuesday to burn the Winternationals data onto a disc and cannot do it. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, and could use some help. I am sure for anyone else, this is easy.

See everyone tonight! Let's give away lots of ARCMS $$$'s!

Al

I'm trying to get there tonight. Pushing my luck for tonight AND Saturday. But my sons pinewood derby car has to be finished first or i'm stuck at home. I'm no expert but I'm pretty good with computers too.

LouC
2009.01.22, 01:48 PM
I will be there tonight. Dont think I can offer much help with computer problems though. I thought all you had to do is a "copy" and "paste" to the disk? (Thats the extent of my help.)

ShortBus
2009.01.22, 02:45 PM
Al, I won't be there tonight but shoot me an email and i'll see if I can help with your pc issues.

Jeff

Z_408
2009.01.22, 05:23 PM
What up Action RC??? I just spoke to Marcos and he is on his way back to the east coast. It was fun racing with him and learning about what you guys are doing at your track. We will make a trip out there to race in the near future.

EMU
2009.01.22, 06:45 PM
Binh, it would be great to race with you guys. Your club is one of the best in the country, very competetive and friendly. Great marshalls as well ;)

Sai, Willy and I may go out to the KO race at ILR, but we have to work out details. I know registration ends 2/7/09, so we have to decide soon.

minittrackmann
2009.01.22, 08:35 PM
Eugene when is the ILR race?

Cody

bermbuster
2009.01.22, 09:04 PM
Eugene when is the ILR race?

Cody

3/7/09

linky...http://www.insidelineracing.com/kograndprix.html

minittrackmann
2009.01.22, 09:56 PM
Hmm Im off for that entire week, and being my parents want to take a trip out to Cali with there new tour bus, this might just be happening!!!:)

Cody

ShortBus
2009.01.23, 09:59 AM
Cody - what kind of bus did they get? Jeff

ActionRC
2009.01.23, 12:42 PM
Tour bus? Did dressing like a Jonas Brother finally pay off, Cody? :D

Bay Area - We love when other Mini-Z racers visit us from other tracks, so we would love to have the Cali group over some time if you're ever in NYC! Marcos told me he had a great time over there. Hope to meet you guys soon!

Gift card racing was really great last night! Lots of close races, and lots of fun. Tom and Marty are so competitive with each other; Nat tried hard to run with them. I came in second after staying on Johnathan's lap for quite a while. I was just over one lap down at the end. Had fun racing with Adam, Lou, Jack and everyone else. It was also great to see Eric back - and running really well considering how long it's been. Can't wait until tomorrow! If we can even get 3/4 of the people from last week that would be GREAT!

I CANNOT WAIT TO RUN MY PAN CAR!!!!!!! Go Home Depot # 20 car!

Al

minittrackmann
2009.01.23, 02:21 PM
My dad got my mom a 40 foot holiday rambler tour bus:). hahaha

she always wanted a RV:)!

ActionRC
2009.01.23, 05:09 PM
WINTERNATIONALS RACE DATA IS ON THE WEBSITE!!!!

Enjoy!

(Thanks, Jeff!)

www.actionRCspeedway.com

EMU
2009.01.23, 05:30 PM
Al, I dont know if these are the right files... they dont show the results, just the mains sorts.

Cherub1m
2009.01.23, 06:00 PM
WINTERNATIONALS RACE DATA IS ON THE WEBSITE!!!!

Enjoy!

(Thanks, Jeff!)

www.actionRCspeedway.com

Nice results. Just wondering who got 2nd, and 3rd on all the mains

EMU
2009.01.23, 06:34 PM
Philip,

MR02 'Stock': Johnathan, Roland, Me.

MR015 70t: Sai, Johnathan, Me (.2s behind Johnathan).

Pan Car 70t: Me, Willy, Phil.

I really want to see the laptimes, especially in Pan car, where I didnt get to look at the stats before I left.

Z_408
2009.01.23, 07:32 PM
Binh, it would be great to race with you guys. Your club is one of the best in the country, very competetive and friendly. Great marshalls as well ;)

Sai, Willy and I may go out to the KO race at ILR, but we have to work out details. I know registration ends 2/7/09, so we have to decide soon.

I sure hope you guys can make it. I just secured the location at a local mall. It going to be crazy.

Cherub1m
2009.01.23, 09:04 PM
Philip,

MR02 'Stock': Johnathan, Roland, Me.

MR015 70t: Sai, Johnathan, Me (.2s behind Johnathan).

Pan Car 70t: Me, Willy, Phil.

I really want to see the laptimes, especially in Pan car, where I didnt get to look at the stats before I left.

Thanks Eugene

jackg
2009.01.23, 09:10 PM
I had an awesome time as always thurs. nite racing. I may not make it tomorrow nite- the taco truck and myself will be setting up night time lights at my spot(275 amboy ave. woodbridge) and it has to be done in full dark. I may be able to do next sat. I have pics of the truck in my computer but have no idea how to get them posted on here. Imagine a 27 foot RV converted to a mexican restaurant.:D:D -j

minittrackmann
2009.01.23, 10:56 PM
jack thats sweet

SaiTam
2009.01.24, 12:00 AM
I finally got one video uploaded after a tremendously slow upload. Make sure you view in HD for high quality pictures
MR015 A main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGOeDmnJBYg)

EMU
2009.01.24, 02:23 AM
Too bad its not the entire video... quality is very good. You had a good start. Nice and clean ;) Good driving Sai, you really deserved the win.

SaiTam
2009.01.24, 08:47 AM
MR-02 B-main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Kpx3n_0i8&feature=channel_page)

MR-015 qualifying (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zfbm1GMKdc&feature=channel_page)

PanCar A-main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bZddjlxqk)

MR015 A main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGOeDmnJBYg)

MR-02 A-main is coming; it failed half way every time I uploaded

Tjay
2009.01.24, 12:41 PM
Thanks for posting d videos. :) just curious, are you guys standing next to the straight away? Also are you guys going in reverse/counter clockwise? That's cool! It looks hard but challenging.

minittrackmann
2009.01.24, 12:48 PM
Yes there was a front straight for this race instead of back straight. And it was run in reverse!:)

Cody

bermbuster
2009.01.24, 12:49 PM
Thanks for posting d videos. :) just curious, are you guys standing next to the straight away? Also are you guys going in reverse/counter clockwise? That's cool! It looks hard but challenging.

you are very observant TJ...
Al did it just for the reasons you stated.
I hope with your new shop it will not be tough for you to make it to NY for some racing. This summer is the Summer Nats...hint...hint...

k_bojar
2009.01.24, 01:01 PM

the layout was very cool...A little different running in a non-normal direction for Action - but didn't take too long to get comfortable with

speaking of layouts...you got some interesting pics of your track on the website...how difficult is it to drive by the start/finish line with the track tilted like that?

Tjay
2009.01.24, 01:28 PM
I hope with your new shop it will not be tough for you to make it to NY for some racing. This summer is the Summer Nats...hint...hint...

The reason why I check this thread was because I was just talking to the wife about going to NY for 5 days (2 days for mini-z'ing) and the rest are hers. :) I hope. When is the 3rd annual Action RC race?

speaking of layouts...you got some interesting pics of your track on the website...how difficult is it to drive by the start/finish line with the track tilted like that?

The straight away is too short to notice that is on an angle. You go by it so fast that you have to worry about slowing down on the tight 2-wide tile sweeper. The track wasn't design for competition racing. It is more of an eye catcher for the future mini-z'ers.

My shop is inside an already established Hobby Shop here in San Jose, Ca. The idea is to introduce miniz to the hobbyist. The angled track is a definite eye catcher for kids and adults. I get lots of foot traffic especially I'm in the front on the store. Tonight, we'll take a vid of the store to give you guys an idea.

Back to topic.

Congrats to the Winners! Sai Tam/Willy Wong and EMU aka Eugene, I hope you guys can make it at the KO race. I want to race with you guys. :)

EMU
2009.01.24, 01:29 PM
One mistake by Willy gave me the lead, and one mistake by me almost gave it back to him with 1 lap to go in Pan car 70t. Besides that, the driving was very clean by both of us. That class is really intense, every mistake makes such an impact. If you just rub the boards a little, you get spun around. Which doesnt happen as much with ASC's.

The layout was pretty difficult, being reversed. It took a little while to adjust my driving to the reverse direction.

Thanks TJ. It was a hard earned win. Anytime you race with Willy, Sai, Johnathan, Phil, and Maj... its a hard earned win. There are many good racers in NY/NJ. But, the most important thing is having a good time and leaning something new.

MINIz guy11
2009.01.24, 01:59 PM
Counter clockwise looks fun on a big track! Whenever I try on my Mini 96, I have so much trouble. Good skill builder for hand/eye coordination!

bermbuster
2009.01.24, 08:01 PM
Hey racers....
at the Winternats me and my son had a major issue w our KO TXs...
this week I contacted KO and was given some good info and I want to share it. It seems that w the new UR-1 and 2.4 LESS IS MORE...
The settings for the TX should be 70 and less....
steering travel max 70
steering balance max 70%
throttle highpoint max 60
throttle brake max 60
quick ST & TH cannot be used....

I had our settings in our TXs way too high...some at 150!!!
I made the changes on all of our cars and tested them today....
the changes made a big difference...
the cars are even easier to drive
Looking forward to running with you guys soon.....

lfisminiz
2009.01.24, 10:16 PM
Is that for the UR1 only or does that apply to the Helios??

k_bojar
2009.01.24, 10:21 PM
Is that for the UR1 only or does that apply to the Helios??

Larry, as far as I know its for any of the KO radios with the 2.4 setups...

I know I played around briefly with my car today and my helios and it seemed to be better - not sure about night & day, but definitely getting into reverse easier..

I know I talk to lugnutz and he had me adjust me radio settings when i first ran mine - adjusting them downward makes the cars MUCH better..

lfisminiz
2009.01.24, 10:25 PM
Thats what im thinking too. I think mine are set down lower already BUT need to check it closer.

THANKS

lugnutz
2009.01.25, 08:06 AM
take a fully charged battery and go to your end points part of the radios for steering or throtle,if throttle turn car on and hold it up in the air and squeeze the trigger then adjust your high point down until you hear the motor drop in tune then add 2 points of high back into it,same with steering turn the car left and right and adjust your high points down when the steering starts to move stop add 2 points back to high and that is full steering as for brake just lower it to about 35% good starting point drive the car and adjust to your liking's

lfisminiz
2009.01.25, 10:59 AM
Thanks, Frank.:)

ActionRC
2009.01.25, 02:48 PM
What a great night of racing last night! A tremendous start to the 25th Action RC Mini Speedway Points Series! Crop and I made some really cool changes to the track, and we ran a few cars on it last night to make sure it flowed well for side by side racing, which is definitely a must when it comes to the AWESOME, EXCELLENT, MAGNIFICENT, FANTASTIC, EXCITING, CHALLENGING, and ADDICTING Pan Car Class!!! Crop and I could not stop running them last night, but we killed our batteries at about 1:30am. We ran side by side lap after lap, and like Eugene said, mistakes will cost you the race. This is by far some of the greatest racing I have ever seen. This week's layout is GREAT! I LOVE OUR PAN CAR CLASS!!!!!

Tommy B. - Great run last night! Very impressive!

NEW: If you race on Saturday, the following Tuesday is FREE! I would love to see some of the Saturday regulars join our Tuesday regulars for some fun practice runs.

Speaking of great racing, if you are NOT watching the last hour of the 24 Hour Daytona Rolex race on Speed right now, PUT IT ON!!! Four prototype cars within four seconds after 23 hours of racing. Go Max in the American-powered FORD! All I know is, watching this, I'm thinking PAN CAR ENDURO!!! Hahaha!

I did make a mistake on the Winternats' posted data. There was a file called 'summary', and I didn't now it was just the qualiying order. I will work on fixing it tomorrow.

Tjay - Come out east! The next big race will probably be some time in July. Keep in mind that almost every Saturday is like a big race for us, so you'll have a great time no matter when you come, but of course, the Summernationals will be as amazing as our Winternats' were.

Berm - Glad the radio is working better. I hate to see someone have trouble right before a Main. I look forward to your next visit.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, everyone. Great racing last night, and great racing on Speed right now. Life is good.

Al

jackg
2009.01.25, 03:09 PM
sounds like an awsome night & I hate to miss racing but work had to come first for at least one night.:( I am looking foward to next sat. see you all at the track:cool: -j

Cannabum420
2009.01.26, 04:50 PM
Hey Al, It's Tommy. Thanks, I had a blast on saturday. It's so nice to make the trip down there and race with great racers and some of the nicest people I have met in NY. I will be back soon for sure, Maybe with a few recuits with me(in talks with a few people from LI to do a weekly carpool). As always you put on a great show and your never too busy to help anyone out, which is what is keeping this sport alive. As I told you on Saturday I started a Thread on rctech.net for Action RC, and it's starting to build up nicely. The direct link to the forum is... http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mini-scales/270053-action-r-c-mini-speedway-ny.html i hope to see some great forum action over there as well as here still.

jackg
2009.01.26, 08:00 PM
yo tommy it's jackg .I was the friend indeed you met at the winternats call me 732 742 0082:D:cool::eek: -j

jackg
2009.01.26, 08:12 PM
special thanks to Al because I put speed channel on and caught some incredible race action I would have otherwise missed. Rolex Rules!:D -j

Cannabum420
2009.01.26, 09:11 PM
yo tommy it's jackg .I was the friend indeed you met at the winternats call me 732 742 0082:D:cool::eek: -j

Hey wassup Jack good to here from you...yea you really were my friend indeed that day, helped me out a lot :D I should be down there either next week or the week after, i got your back this time man. ;)

philly123
2009.01.26, 10:25 PM
eugene i pmed you back

EMU
2009.01.27, 12:51 AM
Thanks Phil. I get the notifications, so you dont have to write it here. I hope everything gets worked out... Let me know if you need any help.

ActionRC
2009.01.27, 10:17 AM
Thanks, Tommy and Jack. I appreciate the kind words.

The end of the Rolex race was amazing. The closest finish prior to this year was 31 minutes. This race had 4 cars almost nose to tail for more than the last hour and a half. Montoya's Lexus just couldn't catch the Brumos Porsche at the end, but he was trying really hard. What a great race. I really wanted to see Max in the Ford take it. It would have been nice to see an American engine win the biggest American road race - especially with the current state of affairs for American auto builders. I'm glad someone else saw it and got to appreciate it besides me, Jack!

Tommy - If the recruits you bring drive like you do, we're all in trouble! Looks like I might be making the C-Main again!

I am really looking forward to tonight. REMEMBER - If you raced Saturday, tonight is FREE!

BY THE WAY, I RECEIVED OVER 67 POUNDS OF MINI-Z STUFF FROM KYOSHO YESTERDAY! (THAT'S ALOT!!!) COME SEE WHAT'S NEW WHILE IT'S IN STOCK!!! Lots of new McLarens and more...!!!

Later!
Al
ARCMS

Cannabum420
2009.01.27, 10:43 AM
LOL nah dont worry the people im talking about are 1/10th scale on road racers, and havent raced mini-z in a long time, so you can still have a chance against them:D

MINIz guy11
2009.01.27, 05:26 PM
Tommy - If the recruits you bring drive like you do, we're all in trouble! Looks like I might be making the C-Main again!

BY THE WAY, I RECEIVED OVER 67 POUNDS OF MINI-Z STUFF FROM KYOSHO YESTERDAY! (THAT'S ALOT!!!) COME SEE WHAT'S NEW WHILE IT'S IN STOCK!!! Lots of new McLarens and more...!!!

Later!
Al
ARCMS
Just great, I'll be in the D Main once I return on February Recess. :mad:

On a side note, Al, did you happen to get some Kyosho Servo Savers and Kyosho (or Atomic) Servo Pin sets in-stock? I'm in great need of 2 sets of each for my spare MR-015 and my Pan car!

Also, any Action RC'er want to help a fellow out with selling 2 sets of stock kingpins and knuckles? If not, would anybody let me borrow a set just so I could get my Pan Car running?

Well, I'll probably see you guys on February 14th and 21st! Already trying to keep my skill up!

Cannabum420
2009.01.28, 09:07 AM
Just great, I'll be in the D Main once I return on February Recess. :mad:

Dont worry about it, I dont think these people are gunna come, its just gunna be Me, Alex, and Mike M again, so no worries man the C Main has your Name all over it... right with Al...:D:D Just Kiddin buddy...Just for this Al is gunna make the A and hack me out on Saturday! LOL

ActionRC
2009.01.28, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick update from Action RC Mini Speedway. There is so much excitement lately at the track, and if you haven't been around in a while, you are missing alot! There are new and exciting products, new drivers, a new class, and some of the closest racing we have ever seen!

Here are some highlites and updates...

February 15, 2009: The Action RC Mini Speedway Daytona 500 Party Race! Last year's party was so much fun that we are going to do it again! We will be running NASCAR class cars on the large oval - just like Daytona. This years track will be even better than last year's. Doors open at 1:00, and racing will start around 3:00. This is a day of fun - no points - and Saturday points racing will be run as planned. We'll do some prizes and raffles for the fun of it, so don't miss this event. It is alot of fun to watch the Daytona 500 with lots of other fans, and run our own races as well. Like last year, pizza and soda will be on the house! If you have never run oval, give it a try! It is intense, fast, and fun! The cost of this day is only $10 - just like a practice day.

January 24 - March 14, 2009: The 25th ARCMS Championship Points Series! The current series started last Saturday, and it got off with a bang! Lots of drivers ran, and this is sure to be an interesting battle as the weeks progress. Remember - you only need five out of eight weeks to participate in the series, so if you missed the first week, don't worry about it. You have many more chances to get five weeks accumulated. (Current standings are on the website.)

January 27, 2008: Lots of new stuff came in yesterday! (Over 67 pounds of Mini-Z stuff, to be exact, in six large boxes!) Many of the hot MR015 bodies are in stock, and the new McLaren Readysets and Autoscales are all in stock. I cannot stress this enough: "Get them while you can!!!"

Tuesday Nights: Tuesday night practice is now FREE if you raced the previous Saturday! Several drivers took advantage of this offer last night, and we had a really great practice turnout. Lots of new faces, and lots of current drivers, were getting their cars ready for Thursday Gift Card Racing and Saturday Points Racing! This Thursday should be great!

Saturday Nights: Due to some of the increasing costs of operating ARCMS, I must implement a small price increase that will not effect most of you anyway. The cost of Saturday racing will increase from $15 to $20 if you only run one class. If you run two or three classes, the price will STILL be $20. Most of you run more than one class, so this slight change will be irrelevant anyway. If you only run one class, set up a Pan Car or MR015 and double your race time!

RC Car Action Magazine: ACRMS has been chosen to be the feature "Grassroots" track in the May issue of RC Car Action! This is a huge deal for the track, and really puts it right out in heart of the RC community. This is VERY exciting and prestigious, and a tremendous opportunity for the track to grow to the next level!

This is a great time to be a part of the Action RC family, and I hope to see all of you soon!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
101M Ellis Street
Staten Island, NY 10307
www.actionRCspeedway.com
718-317-5420