PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

ShortBus
2009.04.29, 09:42 AM
Cody, I think it safe to race :) I believe Sam was saying he was in the "A" main over at that other track in Queens.

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 09:59 AM
Hey everyone. It's been a while, as it's been busy at work and home, but I wanted to check in and see what's going on. Glad to see everyone is well.

Cody - Too bad you couldn't make it Saturday. We had a great time, and I think you will be surprised by certain drivers who wouldn't normally be your competition giving you an incredible run. Crop and I have made steep improvements recently, and Senior as well. So many drivers have gotten better that I can't even believe it. Oh - and very importantly - Stugotz did NOT make the A at Action RC!!!

Roland - While I will agree that is a lot of fun to piss you off:mad:, my layouts have always been variable. Tight some weeks, faster for others. I like to change it up. I think doing too many weeks in a row one one type of track is boring, but I do always make sure I have a tight spot or two on every layout to bunch the pack back up. We are running the same layout again this wek because it was a ot of fun, and I'll make som changes again for next week. If I think of anything else to piss you off, you'll be the first to know!:rolleyes:

Marty - It was great to have you back last week. It's amazing how it always seems like so much longer since you raced when you only missed a week or so! Hopefully you'll be around on Thursday.

Jack - It was nice to meet the wife and kid. It's cool that they came to see what you're up to. Your daughter is a sweetheart, and your wife, well, she must be blind. :) See you during the week.

Stugotz - So many jokes, so little time. Hope you've been driving better, and I hope you'll get to run with us again soon.

Eugene - Saturday was great! I am glad that Crop and I were able to give you a good run for your money. I cannot believe how much better his Pan Car was after the changes you guys made to it. You two blew me away! Thankfully I had good runs in Stock and MR015 to redeem myself. Nat's AWD was running really well last night, so he could be a factor also. It's great to see everyone running so well and making improvements, and I think we'll have some more new guys around this weekend also that got cars last night.

See everyone soon. I'll have some new announcements coming shortly!

jackg
2009.04.29, 11:20 AM
I will miss thurs. night gift-card racing -(wifes birthday) and I will be making her dinner. Al all I can say is if you don't look like Brad Pitt you better be able to play guitar or cook :D. I can :) -j

p.s. please sched. the upcoming big race dates with other trophy races taking place in the area in the summer - nothing would be cooler than to have two major events in a short time span just not the same day. thanks

SaiTam
2009.04.29, 11:39 AM
Well I was going to come this Sat. but when I read Sam was in the A I might just stay home.... loll..

See everyone this Sat.!!!!!!!!

Cody

Lame excuse! The truth is you didn't go to ActionRC because Roland was pissed off.

In defense of Stugottz I did notice his driving skill and car condition are much improved. Let's see how long that will last.

Fifty7
2009.04.29, 12:42 PM
In defense of Stugottz

Theres a first:):)

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 02:04 PM
Jack - Just saw the other post, naturally. I'm taking care of it now. - Al

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 02:49 PM
The 2009 Action RC Mini Speedway Summernationals!

It's that time of year again! If you've been to our previous Summernationals and Winternationals, you know what to expect: Intense racing, awesome prizes, Miss Action RC, and lots of fun! This year, the race will be moved to after the school year to avoid any end-of-the-year school conflicts, which had been an issue in the past, and after the first two weeks of the summer vacation rush, when some people were not able to make it because they go away during the first two weeks of July. Hopefully, you can all make it. Here's the details:

DATE: July 18th, 2009
TIME: 9:00am practice, 12:00pm racing
CLASSES: ARCMS Stock, ARCMS MR015, and a "VOTED IN" third class!

Submit your vote for the third class via email to me by June 19th! Modified Mini-Z Monster? 70 Turn Overland? 90mm MR015? Want to bring back an old favorite class? Have an idea for a new one? Whatever you want to vote for, let me know and we'll narrow it down for a final vote. We'll run the majority vote for the Summernationals! As always, this will be a great event, so register soon!

Feel free to contact me with any questions, and of course, register as soon as possible for the Summernationals. Spots fill up quickly, and will only be officially held for you with prepayment.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL OF YOU VERY SOON!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
101M Ellis Street
Staten Island, NY 10307
www.actionRCspeedway.com
718-317-5420

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 02:54 PM
I will miss thurs. night gift-card racing -(wifes birthday) and I will be making her dinner. Al all I can say is if you don't look like Brad Pitt you better be able to play guitar or cook :D. I can :) -j

Look like Brad Pitt: Negative
Guitar: Negative
Cook: Negative
Build Food Vending Trucks: Hmmm....

Sounds like I'm no threat, so best wishes in your marriage! Hahaha!

See you Saturday, hopefully. Sorry you can't make it this week.

Al

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 02:56 PM
Everyone is showing improvement. Lot of good battles.

Crop showed his wheeling abilities in the Pan car race. Good driving. Battled for the lead for most of the race, and I think finished on the lead lap. Tom P will definitely be surprised at the next race.

Nat did a good job defending me for the lap in the stock race. Great car placement, and defensive lines not giving me many opportunities. When he slipped wide on turn 3, I was able to squeeze by.

Als corvette shows a lot of corner speed and I think is much more consistant than the FXX. He had a really good battle with Nat for 2nd at the end, and ended up edging him out for the spot.

B main was good to watch. With so much improvement from all of the drivers. Lines, and car control around other cars is getting much better.

Eugene - You had the 4000th post!!!

ActionRC
2009.04.29, 02:58 PM
Points Racing - Series 27!

As Points Series 26 comes to an end at Action RC Mini Speedway, it's time to start gearing up for the 27th Points Series, which is sure to be a lot of fun, and starts on May 16th. 70-Turn Pan Car had a great run - so great that we ran it twice! This time, we're breaking out an old car, but with a new twist. Get ready for NASCAR Road Course! This is sure to be an exciting class, as many of us have NASCAR cars already, but set up for oval.

Basic NASCAR Road Course Rules:
MOTOR: Any motor used in our ARCMS Stock Class (See rules)
WHEELS AND TIRES: Kyosho NASCAR wheels and tires'
BODY: Kyosho Ford or Chevy
WHEELBASE: Stock Kyosho NASCAR - 102mm
CHASSIS: MR015

ARCMS has a full line of decals - both water and very rare peel-and-stick - so get your car ready and looking great!

* Why are we not running regular wheels and tires? For the scale look of the car, and because NASCAR cars run somewhat like F1 cars with Kyosho's soft tires, they are great on the roadcourse as is. Throw some softs all around, set your suspension, and you're good to go! These cars look great, and this will be a really fun class to participate in. Watkins Glen and Laguna Seca - here we come!

Can't wait!!!

Al
ARCMS

LogicBytes
2009.04.29, 03:51 PM
Just Marked July 18th on my calendar you can count me in!

Points Racing - Series 27!
Basic NASCAR Road Course Rules:
MOTOR: Any motor used in our ARCMS Stock Class (See rules)
WHEELS AND TIRES: Kyosho NASCAR wheels and tires'
BODY: Kyosho Ford or Chevy
WHEELBASE: Stock Kyosho NASCAR - 102mm
CHASSIS: MR015

This may mean it's time for me to pick up a second chassis :eek:

Is it Saturday yet :D

Mike

jackg
2009.04.29, 03:58 PM
nascar roadcourse will be awesome. I will have to get the little E Bud body dusted off :cool: -j

jackg
2009.04.29, 04:02 PM
I can say right now Nascar roadcourse for the vote-in-no doubt about it.:D -j

Scrapper
2009.05.03, 10:27 AM
my school just had something called parents weekend al i am going to do everything i can to get to the race

I am using my moms laptop in a coffee place listening to aint i ti ft young dro

ZYHAC
2009.05.03, 11:18 PM
hey all sorry i haven't been around the track and seen everyone when i was on vacation but i have been busy. now i am in washington state bored as hell looking for a track or something to do. i will try my best b4 i deploy again to be on at least once a week, but i might not be too successful in that. anyway i just wanted to say hi and if you want to hit me up just here or my email or my phone which i can only text right now. they are ZYHAC069@YAHOO.COM and 646-353-5356. catch you all later.

DARREL:D

jackg
2009.05.04, 01:15 PM
sat. night was awesome as usual. You just never get tired of this layout- it has everything. Thanks to Cody I am now a pancar regular. The car ran great and I think tire choice and set-up was perfect. I found a few little things to fix but otherwise Cody built a really good car. I'm lucky to have it. Al- when I learn to drive this thing you're all in trouble. :eek: -j

jackg
2009.05.05, 10:48 AM
enough with the freakin' rain already!:eek:

ActionRC
2009.05.05, 12:39 PM
Darrel: Great to hear from you. Brandon has been racing again, and he's getting the bugs worked out of his cars. He's a good guy, so I hope he keeps coming. Hope all is well, and that you'll get to come racing when in NYC.

Stugotz: The last thing you need is COFFEE! How long before they kicked you out of that coffee shop? Hope we get to see you soon, and that Andy ****stein hasn't stepped on any more of your bodies. They have a WANTED poster up of Stugotz at Towne Deli after his last visit there!

Saturday racing was really great, and the points battles are coming down to the wire! (Check the website for points standings.) I had a lot of fun Saturday. This layout really is great, and I made some really good changes to it as well. Subtle, but very different to drive. I can't wait!

Stock - Division 1: I am only one point up on Eugene for the Championship! I am finally good! I actually switched from the Corvette to the Aston Martin to try to gain a little stability, and I certainly did. The AM has the smoothness of a 98mm, and the agility of the Vette. I love it, even though Cody beat me. (I was on the lead lap!)

Stock - Division 2: Tom Sr is only one point up on Jack! Stock Championships are completely up in the air!

MR015 - Division 1: Eugene is only 2 points up on me and Tom P, who are tied for second, and Nat is only one point back to me and Tom! The top four have a shot! Very close!

MR015 - Division 2: Crop is slightly ahead of Jack, but Crop could afford one more Drop and Jack needs to run this week, and run well, to have a chance at catching Crop.

Pan Car: Eugene is five points up on Tom P, and Crop is only one point back to Tom, and I am only one point back to Crop. I think Eugene has this one, but the battle for second between three drivers who are not known to go easy on each other should be CRAZY!!! This might be the highlight of the evening!

As you can see, every race is going to be exciting this Saturday for our points finale! I cannot wait to practice tonight, and get my NASCAR ready for next week!!! The 17th Series starts May 16th! Be ready!

PS: Don't forget - Practice is FREE tonight if you raced Saturday! See everyone later!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

minittrackmann
2009.05.05, 07:12 PM
Anybody interested in my 015....

Gotta get rid of her.. lmk

Cody

k_bojar
2009.05.06, 07:25 AM
Anybody interested in my 015....

Gotta get rid of her.. lmk

Cody

cody - shoot me an email (kaybo19114@gmail.com), i need to talk to you about something

why you ditching the 015?

ActionRC
2009.05.06, 02:16 PM
Hey, guys. I saw PN's new front end in action (literally!) last night on Brandon's car. I have to say it is much more impressive assembled on the car than it is on-line or even in the package. His car drove really well last night - much better than Saturday when he didn't have it installed yet. If anyone wants one, let me know and I'll get it in for you. I am trying to keep one in stock at all times. My only complaint is that they should include the ultra-small allen key required. Other than that, awesome upgrade!

We didn't leave 'til almost 11:30 last night! We were having so much fun, and had a pretty descent turnout for a Tuesday. Thank you to everyone who came out last night to practice.

Last night I was trying (again) to fix the front end of my cracked-up Pan Car body. (I only need it to last this one more weekend!!!) As I was dremeling a piece of it away to give it some clearance, since some of it is hanging down now, the CA glue holding the front of my body together must have heated up and completely fumigated my face! My eyes and lungs got really burned. Be VERY careful when dremeling anything with CA on it. I never felt anything like that. I had to wash my eyes out alot, but there wasn't much I could do to get the burn out of my lungs. Just a word of caution, that's all.

Can't wait 'til Thursday and Saturday!!!

Al
ARCMS

EMU
2009.05.06, 05:13 PM
Al, I know exactly how you feel... I have done that a few times :eek: I allways hold my breath when I am dremeling... It feels almost like Hydrochloric acid...

The main problem with the MZM, is that it is AM... if I can find it... I will look around.

I have my A-Arm suspension setup, but not on a car yet. There was too much binding on the left arm. I am testing some delrin balls that PN sent me, to see if they work better. By the feel, MUCH smoother. I dont know if I will have it installed on a car this week... but next week I should. I mainly want to see how much faster, if any, this will be than the WTF or stock front end. If only it was 015 compatable :(

CDR racing
2009.05.07, 09:38 PM
Al-
The points on the website are from last week still. They're not updated.

jackg
2009.05.08, 12:06 AM
my cars were so bad tonight I may take up chess. In the search for more front grip I choose 40 deg. atomic radials for my 02. The reality is I am the worst car tuner in R.C. history. I have front grip alright-I have a perfect doughnut machine!!:eek: I have to start all over and go back to pushing and work from there. Al- sorry for that rookie move during the main when I turned into oncoming traffic after spinout number fifteen in as many laps. I made the worst mistake in racing- bad set-up leads to getting pissed and driving like a shank. Once the concentration is gone the race performance soon follows. Thank God for Dominic announcing the races to make me laugh out loud. That kid is a funny mofo. is it race night yet? -j

EMU
2009.05.08, 12:20 AM
Jack, I will try to help setup your car on Saturday.

Just wanted to point out, it is not wise to change front tires without changing rear tires at the same time.

What front springs were you using? The ATM 40d AW tread has a lot of grip. One of the highest grip front tires available. Do not be fooled by the 40d rating... With a set of new 20d Kyosho radials or ATM 8d radials, you should have a good balance with the harder front springs...

jackg
2009.05.08, 09:01 AM
Ok after some sleep I can try to sort this out...Emu- I have an almost new set of parada 6's in the back. While these were sticky enough to provide a stable, slightly pushy ride (with little on-power steering) paired with pn 6 deg. slicks in front, switching to the 40 deg. atomic fronts made the car undrivable. I tried 30 deg. atomic radials in the back with the 40's up front and this made the car slightly more planted in the rear, but not quite enough. One good thing is I have a ton of on-power steering and I want to keep as much of it as possible. The car was awsome in the tight technical parts of the track. I could slice quickly through the inside but every time I took the 1st right after the long straight it was a spinout. After the mains last night I tried some changes and ran out of time and energy. Thanks for the help Emu I am tring to leave time sat. for tuning. -j

p.s. my front springs are the red ones

Fifty7
2009.05.08, 09:04 AM
Thank God for Dominic announcing the races to make me laugh out loud. That kid is a funny mofo. is it race night yet? -j

Yes, thanks to Dominic for the comic relief. Best line of the night - "Marty is 2.4 seconds behind the....what....where IS the leader?" This coming right after a certain yellow corvette went air born at the end of the straight.

ShortBus
2009.05.08, 10:21 AM
Had a great time last night as well and agree with Marty in regards to Dominic's missing leader comment. EMU - the 015 Mini Cooper is running great and I love the new 90mm mount. I have just about eliminated the traction rolling. Well I thought I did until Marty took me out at the rear wheels :)

ActionRC
2009.05.08, 10:59 AM
Eugene - While I have never been pepper sprayed or mace'd (yet), I would imagine that was just a small fraction of what it must feel like. I guess I never dremeled anything with that much CA on it before. (With all the dremeling that you do, I would imagine you've experienced this more than once!) Can't wait to see how the new front end works for you, and I hope to keep my one-point advantage over you Saturday! I'll give it all I've got - while trying to defend myself against Tom, which will not be easy after last night! The Aston Martin is very good. I just have to get through my first-lap right hook int ot he wall, which seems to be a common glitch for me lately. I hope I qualify second!

Crop - I fixed it. Not sure what happened since the printout at the track is right, and I print that from the .pdf. Strange, but fixed. Maybe I shouldn't have fixed it, now that you can see what's going on it Pan Car. Be ready! (You too, Pinky!)

Jack - Jack, Jack, Jack. What are we gonna do with you? Jack definitely had a rough night last night, which is odd considering that just two weeks ago his car was really good. Red springs will only make the car loose in the rear because you'll gain steering, and 40 ATM's and red springs with anything less than brand new PN 6, ATM 8 (same thing, anyone???) tires in the back would be dangerous. Thankfully the Aston Martin has an enourmous and very strong splitter. I thought for sure I was going to find it looking like my cornea-burning and lung-transplant inducing Pan Car! I didn't know you were having so much trouble until the end of the night or I would have tried to help you more, but like Eugene said, we'll get it figured out Saturday.

Marty - Great racing last night. Dominick is the greatest race announcer ever! There's nothing better than an overly-enthusiastic 9 year old who gets excited about every pass - and actually watches real races and knows much of all of the terminology. He is a HUGE NASCAR fan, and he loves all forms of racing. Even better - he now knows how to start a race and print the results now! Great kid.

Jeff - Great run for you too, last night. You had a solid second place there for a while. I like that Mini Cooper a lot.

Great night everyone! I absolutely cannot wait until Saturday!!!

Al
ARCMS

EMU
2009.05.08, 01:58 PM
Jack, try a hard spring for the front. See how it works with those tires on the same setup. Spring rates typically increase or decrease the reaction of the car. Not necessarily giving more steering or less steering. Harder springs will have less initial steering, but better exit steering.

Al, the ATM 8d tires feel a little harder than the PN 6d. I feel that they do not offer as much initial grip out of the bag compared to the PN 6d, but are more consistant over the life of the tire. When I choose a tire setup. I try to look for a rear tire that has as much grip as I need, not more. Then I choose a front tire that balances that rear tire. If the rear has too much grip, then the front needs to have more grip, and it causes the car to be less consistant on a bumpy track as the suspension loads and unloads. For 70t cars, the ATM 8d are much better than the PN 6d. PN 6d have too much grip, to the point that you have to use a front tire with much more grip, which actually slows down the speed through the corner. Harder tires typically give more corner speed. I look to have as much grip as I need for the track.

Scrapper
2009.05.08, 03:49 PM
its funny i miss crap oh sorry crop

ActionRC
2009.05.08, 04:46 PM
its funny i miss crap oh sorry crop

Great way to get on Crop's good side, Stu!

Davey G
2009.05.08, 08:36 PM
Jack: PN 6 radials or Atomic 8 rears are the ticket, AE diff lube or something similar on the DPS, PN Purple or stiffer ft springs with the AW40 fts is a good way to start for sure. I think I am one of the only people that continue to use the light FRP h-plate at ACTION with a center shock, but other tracks its terrible, I mean TERRIBLE!!! If u need more assistance Jack u know where to reach me. :D

CDR racing
2009.05.08, 09:14 PM
Al- You really think that the points not bein on the website is gunna stop me from kicking your @$$ this week. HAHA I'm coming for you and pinky buddy. (Maybe you, tom and I should have our own race in pan this week...this could get violent.:p)

Stugottz- Its funny i really missed... ah screw it no joke here... i just didnt miss you.:Dlol jkjk.

EMU- DONT TOUCH JACKS CARS! Seriously after what you did to my Pan Car i think we all gotta watch out for jack winning the A main this week. Jack trust me... EMU says put the taco sauce on your tires...works everytime.

EMU
2009.05.09, 02:18 AM
So, I guess it looks like Crop is going to help me get the point I need from Al in stock :p

Crop you got it wrong, you want to soak the motor in taco sauce. Hot sauce on the tires is the ticket... :p

Seriously, I am going to help Jack learn to tune the car. If anyone needs help and I have time, I will help setup the car and help them understand what I did and why.

jackg
2009.05.10, 01:31 AM
Once again the points came down to the final night of the series in almost every class and division. Sr. the battle was amazing in the stock race. in a 9 minute main you probably would have caught me and passed. 015 I had almost no shot-Crop was just too good. My 015 will make a good nascar. :rolleyes: DaveyG and Emu- by reading your posts about how to fix my 02 I ended up with a great car and some very useful tire knowledge. Thankyou both. Al the racing just gets better and better. see you all at the track. -j

jackg
2009.05.10, 01:48 AM
by the way- I can't say how cool it is to finish the A main in 3rd place behind drivers like Cody and Eugene:cool:. Freakin' awsome night of racing. -j

jackg
2009.05.10, 02:01 AM
by the way again- Al you have the most amazing kids. I am torn between who is a better announcer Dominic or your daughter. :) -j

CDR racing
2009.05.10, 02:21 AM
Al- You really think that the points not bein on the website is gunna stop me from kicking your @$$ this week. HAHA I'm coming for you and pinky buddy. (Maybe you, tom and I should have our own race in pan this week...this could get violent.:p)

Stugottz- Its funny i really missed... ah screw it no joke here... i just didnt miss you.:Dlol jkjk.

EMU- DONT TOUCH JACKS CARS! Seriously after what you did to my Pan Car i think we all gotta watch out for jack winning the A main this week. Jack trust me... EMU says put the taco sauce on your tires...works everytime.

Ha well Jack didn't win the A, but cam in third, so I was close. Unfortunately I wasn't much of a factor in stock tonight, spent the whole night fighting with tire combinations. But Pan Car was a blast, had a great time running for points with Tom, and even running up there with EMU all night.And surprisingly, it didn't get as violent as I thought. Pan Car had a nice run, and stinks to see it go,(especially that my car is running well now) but can't wait to break out the NASCAR again on the roadcourse.It was great to see so many points battles come down to tonights mains. Nice crowd tonight, and can't wait to start up another points series next week.

EMU
2009.05.10, 02:42 AM
Must be that Taco sauce Jack :p You had a good run, and Im glad to see that setup working out for you. Crop, I didnt touch his car, but he is starting to learn the art of setup a little more each race night.

Great night of racing, and a great end to the points series. I will miss the Pan class :wah:

There were lots of tight battles. Cody gave me a good run for my money in stock. I had to make quite a few changes to the car to get it to handle right. The old McLaren body just wasnt working for me. I couldnt get the rotation that I wanted without losing the tail as I got on power, I was steering alot with the rear, and I didnt like that I HAD to drive it like that. I switched to the GTR body on the 015 I was running under the McLaren, and it felt better. Right before the main, I decided to change all wheels and tires... and it paid off. The car felt almost perfect. I think I could have used a little more preload on the top shock and front springs. I went with 1N/2W (rears were ATM TS inch ups), 40d Slick-R/20d Kyosho Radial. The car had excellent corner speed, decent rotation and would rip on the straights with the Speedy 07. With the McLaren body, I had to use slower batteries to tame the car down, with the GTR, I could throw my fast cells in and it was controllable. I think the fast lap was 9.58s... It was hauling :p Making those changes without practice before the main was very risky, but I was almost certain that it would pay off. If there wasnt that 5 min delay for Sr. to get ready for the main, I might not have made it... Thanks Sr. :d

015 I went back to the 355, which had been sitting at home with a cracked up chassis. I swapped out the chassis last night, and the car felt like it didnt miss a beat. I do have mismatched front tires, but it still works well. AW40 on the left, 40 competition slick on the right. Both have been trued down to the same height, and I had to narrow out the AW40 a little so it was the same width. Its hard to tell if there is any difference in grip between the tires, feels like the same compound... I may try some new rear tires next week. Kyosho 20d slicks, or 20d radials worn out to slicks... I dont have anymore ATM 8d radials, and want to start using the stash that I have, and what Al carries... The radials when new may be too much grip for the 015, but when worn to slicks, should be consistant and have more grip than worn 8d radials.

I ran the new PN double A-arm suspension in Pan car. At first the car felt like there was too much exit steering, with about the same turn in as the WTF setup. I had AW40s on with K-20 rear radials. After the first qualifier, I put on a set of 40d Slick-R (my last set). The car felt much better. I cant really say if it was faster than the WTF setup, since I was not running the same track width. I ran the same wheels on both setups 0N. I felt more stable with the WTF, mainly since it is 4mm wider track width. But I felt that I could/had to drive the car with more throttle input with the A-arms. It wasnt as easy for me to pace a slower car looking to make a pass, as I had to stay on throttle more to have the steering that I wanted. If only they made a wide track version... I really hate using offset front wheels, takes away from the steering response.

Crop, throw a GTR or McLaren GT body over that Pan car chassis with a Speedy 07, and you should have a good car for stock ;) Or even an FXX with the appropriate front wheel, but same tire setup...

My Porsche 935 setup is going to be converted to a Nascar now... Should be interesting. I may need to get a new body, and actually get it painted... The white body that I have is purely for Oval racing... Its so tweaked for oval, that I dont really want to use it for road course. I think this will be an interesting class... What is the motor choice again? 70t, or stock?

CDR racing
2009.05.10, 12:00 PM
I think this will be an interesting class... What is the motor choice again? 70t, or stock?

Motor rules for NASCAR will be same as stock. I think i might try out a 70t anyway first.

ActionRC
2009.05.12, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone! Thank you everyone for the kind words. This really was a great series, and it could only get better with the addition of NASCAR Road Course. Here are a couple of quick updates from Action RC Mini Speedway...

THE ACTION RC 5th ANNIVERSARY PIZZA PARTY!
On Tuesday, June 9th, Action RC will celebrate a major milestone - it's 5th Anniversary! Let's face it - many tracks simply do not survive that long, especially ones that cater to only one specific product. With the help and support of all of you, especially our regular crew of weekly racers, Action RC has continued to flourish, even in a difficult economy. Especially since June 9th is a Tuesday (a regular open night), I would like to invite all of you to officially help celebrate with a pizza party. Pizza and soda is on the house! We'll run some special races, give away some prizes, and just be happy that we are fortunate enough (myself included) to have a place to race as great as Action RC! Please try to let me know as we get toward that date if you think you could attend. It'll be a fun night.

POINTS NEWS
Points Series # 26 has officially come to an end, and our latest Champions have been determined. There were well fought battles in every class, and every race was exciting! Here are the results of the series... (Get the broom!) Standings are attached.

Stock
Division 1: Eugene
Division 2: Jack

MR015
Division 1: Eugene
Division 2: Cropduster

Pan Car
Single Division: Eugene

While Eugene was not totally guaranteed to win all Division 1 groups before the Mains started, all he had to do was finish well to lock in his titles - which he obviously did. Eugene swept all three classes in Division 1. His well tuned cars, precise driving, patience, skill, and knowledge all helped to contribute to his success, and his titles were well deserved. Thankfully, he is the kind of guy who is completely willing to share his knowledge, and, as I have said before, he is a tremendous asset for us all. (He beat ME by four points!) Congrats, Eugene!

Jack and Tom Sr. battled for the Stock Division 2 title, but Jack's 3rd place finish in the A main, a great run by anyone's standards, clinched it, and he beat Tom Sr. by just two points for the Championship.

The Division 1 MR015 championship saw it's best battle for second place between Tom P, Nat, and myself. Tom edged Nat and I out for the win, and beat us by one point. Nat and I tied for 3rd. Crop and Jack battled for the Division 2 title, but Jack had no drops to fall back on, and Crop did, which gave him a big advantage in the final week.

Pan Car had Eugene with a strong advantage going into it, but the battle to watch was between Tom P, Crop, and myself for the 2nd place finish. We knew Eugene had us beat, but we didn't care! The second place battle has us racing door to door, and in the end, Crop beat Tom, which gave him the second place spot.

Saturday was alot of fun, and the entire Championship was exciting. Pan Car proved to be an excellent class - so good that we ran it for two points series in a row. For the 27th Point Series, we will be running NASCAR road course, which will be as much fun as Pan Car! Don't miss it!

Looking forward to seeing all of you this week!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ActionRC
2009.05.12, 02:04 PM
Here she is!

jackg
2009.05.12, 09:57 PM
that layout looks sick! My nascar is ready to test thursday night. I will sport the #8 Bud body. That will help ease the tension when I'm banging my way around the course. Staten Island has a Watkins Glen. :eek: -j

EMU
2009.05.13, 02:26 AM
I need to try to find time to work on the Nascar... Have to build a new car for it. I am not going to run my oval Nascar, as that car has all sorts of tweaks for left turns only...

Should be a fun start to the new series...

Fifty7
2009.05.14, 12:46 PM
Al - do you sell the washers for the ceramic diff. They are the ones with the "D" hole. my diff feels very rough and i took it apart to find metal flakes from the washer in there.

Did you fix the problem you were having with the car not rolling. I cleaned out my bearings and can't wait to try it. They seem much smoother and free.

EMU
2009.05.14, 05:19 PM
Have you tried sanding the plates with fine grit paper Marty?

I have heard that there were a few diffs that had faulty plates, and the surface 'peeled' and flaked... You can try flipping them around for now, but I would get new plates when you get a chance.

ActionRC
2009.05.15, 10:24 AM
Marty: Did you have any diff problems last night? It didn't seem so, as you were running great! I didn't see your post until this morning, but I am right in assuming that whatever you thought was wrong with the diff wasn't?

My car did not get that stiff feeling last night, so I am not sure what was going on last week that it felt like the car was not rolling freely as the race went on. It happened several times last week, but not this week. I did clean the rear bearings, which may have helped, but it didn't help immediately last week. Last night, my car felt pretty good. I just have to get past my spasticated first lap crashes!

Great runs last night by Johnathan, Jack, Shafiq, Tom, Adam, and Marty. Adam dumping in the A was hilarious, especially since he was doing pretty well against Johnathan! (Sorry, Adam.) It took 27 laps to qualify for the A, which I fell just short of. Tom, Adam, and Johnathan got it, and Adam was TQ. Jack, Marty and I all had 26 lap runs. It was a really fun night. Bobby D had his typical "What the h - - - is going on!!??" kind of night, but his car is good. Keep at it, Bob!

Jack: I had a blast running against you last night. Who would have ever thought that you and I could pass each other three times in one lap and NOT take each other out - or the rest of the field for that matter!? You have gotten much better over the last two weeks. Great job! This layout is tough, but somehow pass-friendly. I love it!

See everyone Saturday!

Al

Fifty7
2009.05.15, 01:31 PM
Marty: Did you have any diff problems last night? It didn't seem so, as you were running great! I didn't see your post until this morning, but I am right in assuming that whatever you thought was wrong with the diff wasn't?

My car did not get that stiff feeling last night, so I am not sure what was going on last week that it felt like the car was not rolling freely as the race went on. It happened several times last week, but not this week. I did clean the rear bearings, which may have helped, but it didn't help immediately last week. Last night, my car felt pretty good. I just have to get past my spasticated first lap crashes!

Great runs last night by Johnathan, Jack, Shafiq, Tom, Adam, and Marty. Adam dumping in the A was hilarious, especially since he was doing pretty well against Johnathan! (Sorry, Adam.) It took 27 laps to qualify for the A, which I fell just short of. Tom, Adam, and Johnathan got it, and Adam was TQ. Jack, Marty and I all had 26 lap runs. It was a really fun night. Bobby D had his typical "What the h - - - is going on!!??" kind of night, but his car is good. Keep at it, Bob!

Jack: I had a blast running against you last night. Who would have ever thought that you and I could pass each other three times in one lap and NOT take each other out - or the rest of the field for that matter!? You have gotten much better over the last two weeks. Great job! This layout is tough, but somehow pass-friendly. I love it!

See everyone Saturday!

Al

No Al i had no diff problems which i don't understand. I showed it to Jonathan when i got there and even he said it felt terrible. EMU is 100% right on what he said. The plates are "flaking". I dont know why but somehow after running a few laps it felt very smooth again so i'll keep an eye on it. Otherwise my only problem was the back of the vette hitting the track but either i'll be back to 98mm next time or the dremel will fix the vette. A lot of us were really close last night. Fun racing.

jackg
2009.05.15, 05:45 PM
I think any flakey parts were probably supposed to go to stu :p last night was intense racing. I was working on something DaveyG told me once at action-just try to get around without even touching the walls. Don't pay attention to speed. Adam said something very similar last night. I hope it's starting to sink in. Al the main was awesome. If it had been longer than 7 min. I would have needed oxygen- as it was I was sweating like a rapist.:eek: -j

CDR racing
2009.05.15, 06:08 PM
This layout is tough, but somehow pass-friendly. I love it!

Al

Al...pass friendly? I didn't know pass friendly existed for you? Oh wait no, thats a friendly pass, my mistake. LOL:p

jackg
2009.05.16, 03:09 PM
Yo Emu are you racing at action tonight ? -j

EMU
2009.05.17, 04:53 AM
Yes I did. :d

Was a fun race, although, I didnt sweep. I had a good lead, but got into traffic and then flipped the car after the loop... there is an undeve tile there, I will take a look at it next week. Its been bothering me quite a bit. I thought it was the loop, but I think its the one in the center after that caused a few rolls tonight. I think that when the track was expanded to the wall, this was a tile that was added on (or the next one) and they are uneven. Being behind Jonathan half a lap, I had to push... for two reasons; 1. catch up to him and win, 2. if I dont win, I better have the fast lap by a good margin. +1 point for fast lap, and TQ :d It isnt often that I can TQ over him.

The S2000 felt good, but the few sections of the track that were a little uneven kept me from running it in the third qualifier and main. I couldnt risk the traction rolls. And I still traction rolled my GTR (it flipped more like you would a pancake). I think I bottmed out the chassis as it hit the raised seam, lower tower bar hit the seam and it flipped.

I made a couple changes to the 355 over the week. Its hard to tell if its better or worse. Definitely was harder to drive, but I think it probably did better laptimes.

Nascar road course was an experience. I should have cleaned my rear tires before the main, it was all over the place. I am sure that in the next few weeks, the cars will start to get better and easier to drive. Dont know if I want to put an LM mount/diff setup together yet... I need a new body if I do, as I would have to shim the side clips by about 2mm each to give enough clearance. Which would also make the body stay on better, since there would be more tension. A rectangle of styrene the same size as the clip should do the trick...

I may have too much motor in that class, but I dont plan to change it. Just get the car to handle the motor.

jackg
2009.05.17, 02:17 PM
the racing was awesome as always last night. Adam and I were running eachother down in stock:eek:. My nascar needs some attention and I kept it out of the main due to time constraints and how bad it was driving. I hate to feel like I'm in the way of someones run so better to wait.:( . Al we missed you last night. Thank you very much for the metal sticker. I am thinking of how to best display it- I want it to be seen and I have it right in the serving window now:cool: - j

sjm324
2009.05.17, 04:15 PM
Great night of racing as always...Jack you are getting good must be the hot sauce :)...I know Al says it all the time Eugene is the MINI Z MAN...He is a great asset to Action Rc...always willing to help anyone and everyone...thanks for the advice as always...cant wait to run my 015 SWB again...I think its my new favorite class :))

EMU
2009.05.17, 07:02 PM
Thanks Adam :D

Your car looks and feels good, even with narrow tires all around. I am going to try putting some narrow wheels/tires on the rear of my S2000 and see how it feels. I hope it feels as good as yours did.

ActionRC
2009.05.18, 11:27 PM
Hey, guys. Sorry I couldn't stick around for the whole night Saturday. It was my niece's communion, and there are times (although few and far between) that I just have to do the family thing. I was glad to at least get a run in with the NASCAR car. That race was FUN!!! I can't wait to work on mine and fine-tune it. Those cars look great going around the track - especially in a big pack like we ran them.

This Saturday ARCMS will be closed. With the holiday weekend, it is sure to be quiet, so rather than mess up a great start to the points, let's just take a break, chill with different friends, and enjoy the holiday weekend. It was quiet last year, so we'll just take a break. Don't miss Tuesday and Thursday!

Jack: Sorry I missed you. Hope everything was okay.

EMU: Your NASCAR felt dialed. Mine will be great by the next time and ready for you!

Crop: Jack and I know how to race clean, you HAMMERHEAD!

Points are posted! Good night, all!

Al
ARCMS

hpotter
2009.05.19, 11:20 PM
Just wanted to give props to Crop, he did a great job running the joint tonight; lots of fun. I wonder where Al (The Little Mermaid) was?? :rolleyes::D

EMU
2009.05.20, 12:16 AM
I forgot to add that. Crop, you did a great job running the show. We all had fun, and still finished on time :d

Fifty7
2009.05.20, 10:14 AM
Just wanted to give props to Crop, he did a great job running the joint tonight; lots of fun. I wonder where Al (The Little Mermaid) was?? :rolleyes::D

Oh boy you're up to 3 posts. That's almost an addiction.

I cannot make Thursday night so just want to wish everyone a fun holiday weekend

ShortBus
2009.05.20, 10:25 AM
Crop did a good job. But i'm still trying to figure out how I spent $169.99 on a set of PN tires and a candy bar????????

Al must have cleared 30K last night !!!!!

I'm 50/50 for Thursday night - if I'm not there have a great holiday weekend.

TomSr
2009.05.20, 10:44 AM
Crop did a good job. But i'm still trying to figure out how I spent $169.99 on a set of PN tires and a candy bar????????

Al must have cleared 30K last night !!!!!

I'm 50/50 for Thursday night - if I'm not there have a great holiday weekend.

Jeff - I think it was the "king sized" candy bar that ran the bill higher.

ActionRC
2009.05.20, 03:12 PM
Thank you to Crop for handling things or me on Saturday and Tuesday. As Pinkie Potter insinuated in his one of his rare posts, the family and I went to see The Little Mermaid on Broadway last night. If you have a daughter (or two like I do), I highly recommend it. (At least I didn't go see Billy Elliott, Potter!)

Jeff: I heard about your overpayment. I should take off more often! Thank you for your charity. (Crop messed up a void or hit subtotal too many times or something.)

Marty: We'll miss you! It should be a fun night. Uncle Louie was telling me he might want to start racing!?

See everyone tomorrow!!! I am having severe racing withdrawals, so I cannot wait!!!

"Under the sea, under the sea..."
Al

ShortBus
2009.05.20, 04:20 PM
Al, don't worry - I got your back on this one, Ariel is a "hottie" :)

Billy Elliot - whoa !!!!!!!!!!!

CDR racing
2009.05.20, 04:49 PM
Jeff-Well as stugottz would say...economy sucks! Lol those are the pirellis of mini-z, the highest quality tires made from the finest rubber...all the way from Hong Kong. Lol Sr. is right, Al has mentioned the increasing chocolate prices, I guess I over estimated a LITTLE bit.

jackg
2009.05.20, 05:52 PM
I can't wait to try my Nascar again. I have either fixed the handling or I have built a nice paperweight:rolleyes:. I wish we had more tire compounds available for Nascar. Great job running the races Crop. -j

EMU
2009.05.20, 08:07 PM
There is a lot you can do with the limited compounds to get it the car to work the way you want... I wish there was more, but I kind of do like the fact that we are very limited. For front tires, the hard is too hard, and the soft is too soft... kind of like what F1 is doing this season, by not having the optimum tire choice (one up and one down from what works best on the track).

If you want a little more grip with the hards, you can lower the profile a little and put some grooves in the tire... if you want a little less grip with the softs, you can glue the sidewall... I cut the front tires a litle narrower, trued them down a little to lower ride height, and glued the sidewalls.

ShortBus
2009.05.20, 10:00 PM
talk about stugotz - i was stugotz'd all night last night !!!!

Fifty7
2009.05.21, 08:43 AM
Marty: We'll miss you! It should be a fun night. Uncle Louie was telling me he might want to start racing!?
!

"Under the sea, under the sea..."
Al

It'll never happen, trust me. He does not have the patience for this and will not be fun for long.

ActionRC
2009.05.21, 03:48 PM
Jeff: You should see the Ariel at Disney World in Ariel's Grotto. Oofah!

Jack: Are you coming tonight? I would like to do a lot of testing on my NASCAR tonight. I have an emu to catch!

Eugene: I may try the CA on the stock tire and see how that works. I really don't want to cut the tire, and haven't really addressed the, um, legalities, of doing that, but so far it's okay because I didn't say you couldn't do that - yet.

Marty: Uncle Louie's on a hobby kick. He's been asking about real Corvettes, the RC cars, etc. I think he's bored!

Ready for tonight! Can't wait!

Al

jackg
2009.05.21, 06:47 PM
I was going to race tonight but I have some work to do on the taco truck.:( I will see everyone hopefully on tues. night. have a great weekend everybody!! -j

k_bojar
2009.05.22, 12:46 AM
Jeff: You should see the Ariel at Disney World in Ariel's Grotto. Oofah!

So you like the little mermaid hottie in clam shells, huh? :)

Something about red hair and a fish tale ;) :D

Fifty7
2009.05.22, 08:54 PM
So you like the little mermaid hottie in clam shells, huh? :)

Something about red hair and a fish tale ;) :D

Al I got your back as well. I've been to the grotto. Daddy I don't want to wait on this long line to see Ariel. Yes you do sweetie.

k_bojar
2009.05.22, 10:16 PM
Al I got your back as well. I've been to the grotto. Daddy I don't want to wait on this long line to see Ariel. Yes you do sweetie.

I waited a little bit in line at the grotto - my wife waited the longest :) and I 'reaped' the benefits :)

ShortBus
2009.05.22, 10:55 PM
which "grotto" are we talking about? Walt's or Heff's ??

jackg
2009.05.23, 05:16 PM
I read something which I'm not sure is true- is Powershot electric motor cleaner the same as brake cleaner(full size automotive product)? I have also heard this around mini-z tracks and I was wondering if anyone has real info on it. Saturday night with no racing blows goats. -j

CDR racing
2009.05.23, 05:39 PM
I read something which I'm not sure is true- is Powershot electric motor cleaner the same as brake cleaner(full size automotive product)? I have also heard this around mini-z tracks and I was wondering if anyone has real info on it. Saturday night with no racing blows goats. -j

Uh Oh. I feel another simple green discussion coming on. Kinda ironic though. Makes your motor faster and your brakes better. Interesting.

EMU
2009.05.24, 03:03 AM
I dont think that Power Shot is a brake cleaner, although, other makes of motor spray are VERY similar, if not the same. Most plastic safe motor cleaners, like powershot, arent has harsh as brake cleaner is...

After some bad experiences, I do not use power shot as a tire cleaner. I feel that I lose grip, since powershot leaves a residue. Maybe a brake cleaner will work better for that purpose. Im back to not cleaning my tires with any chemical... Just run them, and when grip is lost, either scrape it with a hobby knife, give it a light spin in the truer, or replace the tire...

I have officially announced the release of my Tower Bar set for the MR015... http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31792

GIHOSU
2009.05.24, 04:11 AM
What about good ol' alcohol?

I can spray away DOT 4 and 5 brake fluid with it and there is no residue. I can recall rules that allow ONLY alcohol for tire cleaning.

I'm almost stupified by the fact that I haven't tried it yet. Now that I am thinking about it. I keep it in a spray bottle of it hanging on the handle of my rolling cabinet of bicycle tools and it gets used alot. I think I may have to bring a small jar full o' hooch to my next session so I can experiment.

EMU
2009.05.24, 04:26 AM
Tire compounds are not permitted. Although you may use alternative cleaners to clean the tires, that will not harm the track. The tires must be completely dry when they hit the track.

According to PNWC race rules, ONLY 90% alcohol solutions are permitted at their events. I would have to check to see what the Atomic rules say...

bermbuster
2009.05.24, 07:48 AM
Tire compounds are not permitted. Although you may use alternative cleaners to clean the tires, that will not harm the track. The tires must be completely dry when they hit the track.

According to PNWC race rules, ONLY 90% alcohol solutions are permitted at their events. I would have to check to see what the Atomic rules say...

PN rules say 70% alcohol. The reason for 70% and not 90% is flammability.
The arc from your comm and 90% will cause a fire...trust me...:eek:

Atomic rules No traction compound or wet tires on the track.....

For the life of me I cant understand why we use most of these solvents.
Use them and get them on your skin and over time like when your in your 70s
see what organs in your body are still working.....

In my profession (pharmacuetical mfg machinery) I have seen many cleaners
good bad and ugly.....

jackg
2009.05.24, 02:09 PM
Wow- what haven't you guys put on tires? I should have been more clear- I only use powershot to clean out electric motors & bearings. I have never really cleaned my tires with anything. I don't drive well enough yet for it to help:eek:. The last few posts have answered my basic question. The formula for powershot is meant to not harm plastic & I'm almost sure that any cleaner meant for full-size car brakes would do major damage to most types of plastic in a mini-z. Now lets debunk the comm drop/diesel fuel myth...:D -j

ActionRC
2009.05.26, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone! I sure did miss racing this weekend, although it was nice to enjoy a peaceful long weekend. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.

Jeff: It's funny that you mention Heff's Grotto. That was the only time I had ever heard the word "Grotto" used until the Little Mermaid used it in the original movie. As Marty agreed, the girl who plays Ariel in Disney World is amazing! After the kids took a pictuire with her, I did!

Crop: Don't say anything to DISCOURAGE Jack from using brakes! Hahaha!

Jack: I used brake cleaner once a long time ago because that's what my father had in the garage when I was 14, but I am also the same guy that glued (ie. siezed) his disc damper together. Stick with Powershot. Like George implied, it's weaker and probably safer than some of the other stuff you can use.

Looking forward to tonight! Lots of Kyosho stuff came on Friday!!!

Al
ARCMS

Scrapper
2009.05.27, 06:07 PM
im michael jackson im michael jackson heehee

ActionRC
2009.05.27, 06:31 PM

After all these years you still continue to baffle me. :confused:

When are you going to grace us with your presence, Stu? Tom Pinkie Potter, Crop, and Cody really miss you. I'll warm up a Skittle Jalapeno burger for you.

Anthony ****stein rules!

ActionRC
2009.05.27, 06:32 PM
Wow - You can tell Anthony that his actual name is blocked on Mini-Z racer!!!

Fifty7
2009.05.29, 11:25 AM
Great racing last night by everyone.

ShortBus
2009.05.29, 12:51 PM
great night and alot of close races !!

Scrapper
2009.05.29, 01:55 PM
ill probably come to the july 11th race

but i cant get a ride there otherwise

jackg
2009.05.29, 03:48 PM
really missed racing last night. the buisness is taking alot of time latley. Al I think you will be proud of my kitchen now. I can't wait 'til sat night :D -j

jackg
2009.05.29, 03:49 PM
hey Stu whats up -j

Davey G
2009.05.29, 09:18 PM

Michael, I love the remake that you did of that Elton John Song..... "Let your son go down on me"

k_bojar
2009.05.29, 10:27 PM
Michael, I love the remake that you did of that Elton John Song..... "Let your son go down on me"

Davey - I think you got the lyric wrongs, its "DON'T let your son go down on me" :eek:

jackg
2009.05.31, 12:29 AM
Racing was close tonight!! My nascar is sick-beware of the new motor going in this week. Open motor hmmmm....I may have to pull out a handbuilt special for this. Once I got the car to handle I knew just a bit more power would fit just right. Next week Macho Nacho is gonna class it up menu-wise...Besides the mexican items there will be Shrimp Scampi over angle hair pasta with garlic bread. You don't want to miss this. Free Mentos with every Scampi dinner.:D Under the sea.......:eek: -j

jackg
2009.06.01, 12:59 PM
sorry- make that the weekend after for the shrimp. this sat. june 6 I may be a little late to ActionRC and I wil not have the truck with me :(. -j

Fifty7
2009.06.01, 02:51 PM
Hey Al, Some race huh? You must have been freakin out those last 5 laps. I know i was screaming at my TV.

jackg
2009.06.02, 04:11 PM
Al do you have ActionRC stickers? Pit box size or any size ? -j

ActionRC
2009.06.03, 06:02 PM
Stugotz: July 11th Cash Racing or July 18th Summernationals?

Jack: NASCAR isn't an open motor class. It uses the same motors as the stock and NASCAR oval classes. Looking forward to shrimp scampi AND hard shell chicken tacos! I'm going to try to have some decals made tomorrow and should have them tomorrow night.

Dave / Kaybo: I'm speechless. (So is Stu, thankfully, I hope.)

Marty: Tony had it with 2 laps to go! I was absolutely FREAKING OUT! Tom Sr. was taking pictures of me going nuts watching Tony try to hold off Jimmie in any way possible. It was such a great finish, even if it was the 4th time I've seen Jimmie Johnson win out of 6 races I've been to! Points leader!!!

I cannot believe how good everyone has been lately! Tom Sr and Pinkie Dinkie Doo have really up'd their games. The NASCAR Road Course class has been so much fun - and very successful. I look forward to adding even more cars to that class. The more on the track at one time, the more fun that class seems to be. Jack and Crop's cars are really good, and every race in every class has had intense battles for the lead. Mike and Joe have been great additions to ARC, and I cannot wait for Thursday night racing! You guys have made racing more fun and competitive than ever, and I thank you for that.

Here's a pic of the new layout! We had a great time with it last night. Come and drive it this week! Current points standings are on the website now also.

See everyone soon, and good luck to all of the ARCMS drivers running the Atomic race this weekend. Show 'em what we've got!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Fifty7
2009.06.03, 09:24 PM
So your trying to have every race start if with a crash?? :D

sjm324
2009.06.04, 06:05 AM
Nice layout, Hope to be there tonight...

Adam

Fifty7
2009.06.04, 09:56 AM
Nice layout, Hope to be there tonight...

Adam

Me Too :)

Paul G.
2009.06.04, 10:20 AM
I had fun practicing on that Tuesday night. It is great to get thrown right into the fire! LOL! I don't know if I can make it tonight. If I don't see you, have fun!!

jackg
2009.06.04, 11:56 AM
not open motor- got it. the new layout looks nuts! I will have to look at gearing... -j

ShortBus
2009.06.04, 02:43 PM
just gotta to love when a giant wall appears in the middle of the back straight :)

jackg
2009.06.05, 12:02 AM
freakin' loose T plate screws. This is why I ran my car tonight....let the rookie crap happen now to wake me up. Great runs tonight by Shafiq, Nat, Al- (who ran down Jonathan to get a lap back)and Tom P. I am mini obsessed:eek: -j

P.S. the new group of racers is getting better fast

Fifty7
2009.06.05, 09:48 AM
freakin' loose T plate screws. This is why I ran my car tonight....let the rookie crap happen now to wake me up. Great runs tonight by Shafiq, Nat, Al- (who ran down Jonathan to get a lap back)and Tom P. I am mini obsessed:eek: -j

P.S. the new group of racers is getting better fast

Great racing on a very busy Thursday night. Can't wait to put my 90mm Countach together (hopefully for Tuesday). All groups were close and nobody was able to run away with anything, well except Jonathan. Tom, I guess you and i are no longer "equal" you're running great lately. Keep it up and stop doubting what you can do.

ActionRC
2009.06.05, 04:05 PM
Last night was AWESOME!!!!!! What's better than Thursday night Gift Card Racing with a BIG crowd, an exciting layout, drivers of all levels, three mains, and a BIG payout? (Well, I guess the only thing that would have been better would have been if Johnathan didn't come and wipe us all out!) It was great to see Tom P running well against Johnathan. Tom and I definitely both prefer to run behind the other until the very end. If I am in front of him, he'll catch up to me, and vice versa. We are better catcher-uppers than leaders.

Every race was exciting, from an awesome A-Main to a jam-packed B-Main to Jamil trying to hold off many new drivers with a handicapped C-Main, every race was interesting, entertaining, and competitive. I hope Saturday is as much fun as last night was! Thank you to the many new and faithful old racers at ARCMS for a great night of racing, and many more to come.

If you did not race at ARCMS last night, you missed a GREAT one!!! See you all Saturday, and also Tuesday for the 5th Anniversary Pizza Party!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

minittrackmann
2009.06.05, 04:14 PM
See you guys tomorrow. I cant make it to the Atomic race..

Cody

minittrackmann
2009.06.07, 04:18 PM
I had a lot of fun running with you guys last night.

It was great to see again Tommy.

Hopefully see you all Tuesday!

Cody

EMU
2009.06.07, 09:57 PM
I heard there was great racing last night. Wish I could have been there. The Atomic race was very tough racing. I couldnt seem to get it together. By the mains, my setups were alright, but my driving was off.

See you guys next week...

jackg
2009.06.08, 01:08 PM
I really missed racing at Action sat nite. I should have been able to make it but the Atomic race ----well let us just say they changed the schedule for qualifing and I just couldn't make it happen(my comments to Al were a bit more frank on the subject but I was hot, bored and tired when I called). There was alot of talent at this race and it took at least a solid 29 lap run to make the A. Many Pros in the house and I tried to just soak up knowledge from them. The layout was not over technical but was two tiles wide in all but the back straight. This meant driving much cleaner than I'm used to but I am better for it. I plan on practicing Tues. nite- see you all at the track. -j

TomSr
2009.06.08, 02:27 PM
Saturday night was a great night at Action RC. I think 19 or so registered...and spread across the spectrum of talent from beginners on up for full and challanging heats. Thankfully my 02 is running pretty good after EMU's suggestion for rear tires several weeks ago. Should have done better then I did in my 015 though - too many self inflicted traction rolls. And while my NASCAR feels like I'm driving a school bus on a road course, I managed to stay away from the accidents and take a win. Woohoo. That 10 car NASCAR run was an absolute blast - that's the way to do it. Great night of racing Al - thank you.

jackg
2009.06.08, 04:01 PM
Shafiq told me about that 10 car Nascar race and that I missed the most :( -j

GIHOSU
2009.06.08, 04:18 PM
Hey Everyone,

Saturday was an awesome night of racing. I was so wound up I couldn't get to sleep until 4am. Congrats to Tom Sr. on his great driving in the NASCAR Main, the 10 car feild was so much fun. I kept seeing a bullseye on the track and I was able to hit it a few times, LOL. Lets try 12 or 15 cars! I wouldn't mind starting 3 wide... My NASCAR is probably my simplest and least expensive car but it is the most fun to race. All the classes had good battles and everyone was driving well.

We are fortunate to be able to celebrate 5 years of success for Al and ARCS. He has been able tp provide a top notch racing facility for all of us to enjoy. We are fortunate here in the NY Metro area to have actual choices on race night. I've seen tracks come and go since I bought my MR-01. It's hard to think of anyone more deserving of the Mini-Z community's gratitude than Al. I have had to take breaks from the racing scene for work commitments. Everytime I make it back I feel like I am around friends. You just can't find that everywhere, especially in NYC.

5 Year Anniversary Racing Classes

MR-01 "Vintage Class" - I know Al is in love with the concept so lets dig out all those old 01's and run them "Old School". Get those pre 2005 cars out and let 'em roll... :)

NASCAR - Gentlemen start your motors! Did someone say something about 15 cars starting 3 wide? Oh yeah, that was me. :cool:

MR-015 :rolleyes:

Stock :D

Mini Fun Class - Anything up to 90mm... :p

MO! - Monsters and Overlands, oh my! :eek:

AWD - Give 'em some love... :confused:

F1 - they need to feel the wind under their wings ;)

I am going to pack up every Mini-Z I own. I hope everyone else will too. This would be a great opportunity to run all those cars that haven't been on the track in a while. Bring 'em if you got 'em!

minittrackmann
2009.06.08, 06:03 PM
What time does the Anniversary party start and end (about) tomorrow?

Thanks,
Cody

J-Milz
2009.06.08, 06:16 PM
After being around all that talent yesterday, and winning a 6 place trophy. I want RACE!!!! I'll be there tomorrow. (6 out of 6) :o Hopefully a fraction of that talent rubbed off on the kid.

ActionRC
2009.06.08, 06:21 PM
Thank you for all of the kind words, everyone. This past Saturday was incredible! Another big crowd, intense racing, and I had SO MUCH fun!!!

The A-Main had me, Tom Sr, and Tom P all chasing Cody, and even though he beat us, I had so much fun trying to catch him while trying to beat Sr and Pinkie. Shafiq was right there, and so was Tommy but he had problems with his tires. It was great to have Tommy back!

Nat took the B-Main after Tom Jr had trouble, and Joe, Jamil, Crop, Jim, and Mike put on a great show for 2nd place.

The C-Main had our NEW "Tom Jr and Tom Sr father-and-son team" Tomas Sr and Tomas Jr, (not the CDR racing we already know and love) battling for the lead the whole time. When we were finished, Tomas Sr wanted a copy of the main to show his wife that he beat his son, so I printed an extra copy. When I noticed that the top page of each qualifying round was missing, I thought, "Okay. Tomas took the quals to show his wife. That's cool." However, I was SHOCKED to see that he did NOT take the qual that Tomas Jr BEAT HIM!!! That's the way to brag to the wife - just leave any evidence of being beaten by your son at the track! :D (I think Tom Sr would probably do this too!)

Great run by Zach and Kevin running just 4 seconds apart for the 3rd spot, and great job by Evan keeping it smooth, working on improving, and most importantly, not being afraid to try something new and get out there and drive with his son. We now have FOUR father-and-son teams running on Saturday nights, and that's great! (Tom Sr, Tom Jr, & Crop / Jamil & Deonte / Tomas Sr & Jr/ Zach & Kevin) Justin cannot wait to come back when school ends, which will make 5 teams, and if YOU have a little one at home, figure 8 and up, get him/her up and running with a box-stock car. That's all they need to get out there and have a great time. The new C-main is a great group of guys that are all improving at steady rates. Watch out B-Main - they're coming!

In the 015 A-Main, Tom P and Shafiq battled it out (literally) fender to fender for the entire race! They finished just 2.5 seconds apart, and Nat and I battled for 3rd the entire race (which he took) and finished just 2 seconds apart. Tom Sr finished one lap down to us, but he had some trouble and still ran great. He is definitely Most Improved so far this series.

Crop took the 015 B-Main, and Tom Jr and Jim finished just 2 seconds apart for 2nd. Jamil had trouble with his normally great GTR, but I have a feeling he'll be a contender for the B-Main next week.

The NASCAR Main was SICK! There is nothing better than throwing almost a dozen ill-handling cars on the track and seeing who can win. It is so much fun to drive there cars. They look great, handle well enough to get around, and they go door to door and bump-draft better than anything! With the exception of a few new guys trying this class out for the first or second time, it was a tight running group. I have always tried to make our "alternating" third class a fun one, and I think this one hit it right on the head. I would LOVE to see more and more cars in this class - it is SO MUCH FUN, and I am glad I am not the only one who thinks so!!! If I were alone in this thought, I'd be alone on the track, and since I am not, keep 'em coming!

Jack, Phil, and Eugene, we missed you guys, and unfortunately for you you missed a really good one. Don't worry, we'll do it all again this week!

Don't forget - the 5th Anniversary Pizza Party is tomorrow! Pizza and soda on the house! Come and enjoy, win some prizes, raffles, and like Shafiq said, you bring it and we'll find a way to race it. Let's make it another great night!

THERE WAS GREAT RACING ALL NIGHT!!! SATURDAY WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Cool layout this week, and points are posted! Thanks for a great night, everyone!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ActionRC
2009.06.08, 06:23 PM
Cody - Normal hours tomorrow: 7 to (what supposed to be but never is!) 10!
(I watched the beginning on Conan there last Thursday!)

minittrackmann
2009.06.08, 06:24 PM
What time does it start????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????? lol

bermbuster
2009.06.08, 09:12 PM
Congrats to Al Action RC and all the racers for 5 years of mini z racing.....
Action is where me and Frankie first raced our Zs and it and still is just as awesome....
wish we could make it (im working in St Louis)
Good Luck to everyone.....

GIHOSU
2009.06.08, 10:12 PM
Hey, it was great to see Berm and Mini-Berm together and competing at a regional race. I was a spectator on Sunday. You are one of the few father-n-son Mini-Z teams to grace our presence. ARCS would love to have you join our flock again. You would be welcome anytime.

Progress report

MR-01 "Vintage Class" - I scavanged some servo gears from my buddy's car, it's alive...

NASCAR - I took out a little steering, taming my DRIFT car.

MR-015 - GTG

Stock - GTG

Mini Fun Class - my little TQ Lancia is ready!

MO! - Monster is GTG. It has been 3 or 5 years since I revved this thing up. I replaced a busted top servo plate, mounted Streeet tires and installed a set of Ky oil shocks. It's running and ready.. My Overland is low and ready to go. Let's go Jamil!

AWD - Both are ready.

F1 - Always waiting...

any news on anyone else's Z's?

k_bojar
2009.06.08, 10:45 PM
MR-01 "Vintage Class" - I scavanged some servo gears from my buddy's car, it's alive...

if you are still looking for parts for the MR01, shoot me a email..I'll give you a good deal on what I got in parts :)

Congrats Al on making it 5 years!! Major feat for any scale track - especially nowadays..Wish I could make it up there for the party :(

Berm and son are always a class act! I remember little frankie when he was MUCH littler down Pottbellys for the first time...

sjm324
2009.06.09, 06:48 AM
Wow 5 yrs....congrats al...that is a major acomplishment...after
going home this past thursday night from cash racing thinking my allergies were acting up turned out to be a full blown flu (not swine :) ) missed all the local and big event racing this past weekend. From what i read action was well represented. Nice job jack, jamil, emu, ok even philly who never comes anymore :) and anyone else who i forgot. If it was not for al keeping action up and going i dont think the mini z scene would be this strong here in the tristate area....great job al

i am still not 100% so i will probably pass on tonight...enjoy the 5yr party
see everyone soon
adam

Fifty7
2009.06.09, 08:23 AM
Al - Congrats on 5 years and I'm sure i speak for all of us when i say i hope we are racing at ARCMS for many many more years. Also, congrats to you, me and anyone else who cares that Smoke is back on top!!! You knew that win was coming soon. Awesome race (actually it was quite boring), but great job saving that fuel. See you guys tonight.

Oh and Shafiq. Leave some of those cars home. Some of us have to work on Wednesday and if we try and squeeze in everything we may be there straight through Thursday night :):eek::D

jackg
2009.06.09, 01:32 PM
bringing a tray of hot wings to add to the feast. :cool: -j

Paul G.
2009.06.09, 02:25 PM
Al congratulations- can't make it tonight, my wife's grandfather passed away this weekend and tonight is the wake. You are doing a great job and really helping us newbies discover a great hobby/sport. May the next 100 years be as successful! Thanks!!!

ShortBus
2009.06.09, 02:46 PM
Al,

Congrats on your 5th Anniversary !!!! Your track has been a home away from home and a great place to hang out and just forget about life's problems.....

Thanks for all your time and friendship,

Jeff S.

minittrackmann
2009.06.09, 02:50 PM
Action Rc sucks!!!!!!!!
jk

Al you have an amazing track! You run it smoothly, competition is great, and your always stocked out the butt with parts..

See everyone tonight.

Ill be there at 6. Is this when it starts?

Cody

ActionRC
2009.06.09, 03:38 PM
Cody - I open at 7 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which is when I usually arrive. It doesn't "start" at any time, necessarily. It's just a casual fun night with food, prizes, etc. "You suck!" :)

Jeff - Hopefully you can make it tonight. Thanks for all of your help on the website over the years. Because of Jeff, it looks great, and because of Jeff, I have absolutely NO IDEA how to do even the most minor upkeep to it!

Paul - Sorry for your loss, and hopefully you'll get to race on Thursday. You have been a great new addition, and thank you for trying so hard to get all of your fellow airplane guys driving Mini-Z's.

Jack - Thanks for the wings! Too bad I can't serve beer!

Marty - I loved watching Tony blip that throttle to try to save fuel. I thought that was incredibly exciting. Great race! I would like to go in July just because there are so many records of double-wins at Pocono, and I have never seen Tony win live. (Been to six races, seen Jimmie Johnson win four times! Gordon, one, and Newman, one.) Funny story about how you met my father this weekend. See you later!

Adam - We'll (oink) miss you tonight! (oink oink) Feel better.

Kaybo - Wish you can make it down. (Up?) I love the intensity level that you have when you race. It's like you can snap at any moment! See you at the Summernats' if not sooner.

Shafiq - I got rid of my MR01 a LONG time ago. I do have the purple aluminum one in the case, though. Hmmmmm....

George - Thanks for the kind words. I wish you and Frankie got to race with us more often, but geography is what it is. All of you guys need to move to Staten Island!

Tonight should be a lot of fun, and I look forward to another great week of racing!

ShortBus
2009.06.09, 04:02 PM
Al,

Greg and I will be stopping by tonight - see you then.

Jeff

hpotter
2009.06.10, 12:41 AM
Congrats on 5 yrs--major accomplishment in the R/C world. Great fun as usual tonight and as usual still cant compete with Johnathon or Cody (9.55 with a 70 turn; sheesh). It's great to see all of the new drivers improving so fast (have to keep my Vette in top shape) and especially the new father/son showdowns that have been going down, absolutely priceless. See everyone Thursday for some more much needed practice. Marty that Countach looked planted, looks like that car could be an easy contender for the win on this layout.

jackg
2009.06.10, 12:55 AM
TONIGHT WAS A BLAST!! I need to get my car set up for this new layout but by Sat. I will be ready. Much thanks to Al for a great night and a happy 5th year. The new new guys are looking like contenders:) -j

EMU
2009.06.10, 01:00 AM
Wish I could have made the party :( Sounded like a lot of fun. Congratulations on 5 years. Thats big...

Whats this new layout Im hearing about? Anyone took any pictures? See you guys on Saturday :D Afterwards, I have a party to go to as well... I just cant allow myself to miss 3 weeks in a row. That would just be wrong.

k_bojar
2009.06.10, 06:23 AM
Kaybo - Wish you can make it down. (Up?) I love the intensity level that you have when you race. It's like you can snap at any moment! See you at the Summernats' if not sooner.

hmmm - i'm not sure if I should be offended or not:eek::D (I know you how you meant it lol)

I tried to do mini-z's as fun - but they got too fun and I got too serious with them

and I've calmed down :D Yea, sometimes when things are going unexplainably bad, I get a little short -- sorry:o

ActionRC
2009.06.10, 11:31 AM
Last night was GREAT! Thank you to everyone who was able to make it down and help me celebrate a major accomplishment in the RC world - a 5th Anniversary! The pizza went quickly, Jack's wings were awesome, and we ran jam-packed A, B, and C Mains! Every race, yet again, was exciting to watch. The "Battle of the Tomas'" continues to be my favorite rivalry right now. This father/son pair drive so evenly right now that it's anyone's race when they're running together. Another father/son rivalry heating up is Zach and Evan. Evan beat Zach last night, I believe for the first time. There were so many good cars and drivers last night that it was a difficult task to make the A, and many good drivers just missed it, which also lead to an amazing B-Main. Great runs by Cody and Johnathan last night, as well as everyone else, like Jack, Tom P, Shafiq, Tommy, Jim, Marty, and so many others. It was a great turnout - very much like a "Mini-Saturday!" (Mini because we ran two qualifying rounds.) We gave away some bodies, decals, tires, work stands, and several other raffle prizes. I had a blast!

Eugene - This layout has no straightaways! The longest straight is the grid, which is also short! I interupted the front straight from the previously posted pic, so the entire track is chicanes, loops, 45's, and hairpins! The 70 turn seems to be the motor to beat, as the faster motors seem to overpower this slower layout. Cody ran a 70 turn, and I believe Johnathan ran a Speedy 05, and I think they were the only ones to make it into the 9's. Jeff has been running it as well, and he has been running on the same lap as Tom P and myself many times over the last few nights. Tom P hates this layout, which means it's GREAT! Hahahaha! Wish you could have made it last night, Eugene, but we look forward to seeing you again Saturday - with the EMU Fronts that I assume you never mailed!!! :confused:

Kaybo - Total compliment!

Marty - I was REALLY impressed with that Countach last night. The 90mm rear on the MR02 was like a rat running through a maze. It was very sure-footed, fast, and it looked like it could maneuver through the tightest incidents that happened in front of it. I think I need to stock up on Countach's!!!

ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY!!! As soon as I get there, I am vacuuming the track, sweeping up a bit, and dropping my Pan Car 70 turn motor into the Aston Martin!!!

Thank you again, everyone, for five fun-filled and exciting years. Here to five more - Alla Salute!

PS - If the same guys show up on Thursday that showed up on Tuesday, we'd have almost a $100 pot!!! Since Tuesday was free for many of you because you raced on Saturday, don't miss this Thursday! It's sure to be a great one. ARCMS is experiencing a nice growth-spurt right now, which is exactly the opposite of how June normally is, and exactly what the track needs going into the difficult summers. Let's crank up the A/C and keep it going!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Fifty7
2009.06.10, 01:21 PM
Marty - I was REALLY impressed with that Countach last night. The 90mm rear on the MR02 was like a rat running through a maze. It was very sure-footed, fast, and it looked like it could maneuver through the tightest incidents that happened in front of it. I think I need to stock up on Countach's!!!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Yeah i like it. Problem was i took it off my Pan car chassis (b/c the board sucks and slows down everything i put in it) after round 2 thinking i had round 3 to finish setting it up but you fooled me. So i went into the main with some screws loose (nothing new there) and my old diff. I think I'll get used to it once it's setup right and yes it can maneuver through anything and can definitely win races if i hire someone else to drive it. :D see hopefully everyone on Thursday, I'll be a little late but I'm coming. Congrats again on 5 yrs

TomSr
2009.06.10, 09:28 PM
Sorry we had to miss coming last night. Sounds like it was a great time. Crop has football camp after school all this week from 4 to 7:30 or so - then homework and finals studying - so not a good week to come down.

Anyway, ARCMS is a great place and I too thank Al for all he does to run a fabulous track that is welcoming and challenging for racers at every level. I look forward to Saturday nights every week and spending the evening with Crop, Tom Jr. and all of our friends at ARCMS.

It's great to see continued growth in bringing more and more racers to the hobby. That's a tribute to the program Al runs there. Thank you Al and continued best wishes for many, many, many more years of ARCMS success.

ShortBus
2009.06.10, 10:54 PM
TomSr - I sent you a PM

Jeff S

TomSr
2009.06.11, 06:38 AM
TomSr - I sent you a PM

Jeff S

Jeff - Finally realized it last night and replied.

ShortBus
2009.06.11, 09:45 AM
thanks - i'm still affraid to do it in fears it screws up my 02.

Paul G.
2009.06.11, 11:47 AM
Al-Thanks for your condolence. I won't be able to make it tonight. The Richmond Model Flying Club's meetings are on the 2nd Thursdays of the month and I run the raffles. But there is talk of suspending the meetings due to the temporary closure of the field. I am bringing my car to the meeting tonight and I am going to tell more folks down there about your place. There may be some younger guys whom I may be able to entice. Have fun tonght fellas- see you next week! Paul G.

jackg
2009.06.11, 12:07 PM
why is the flying field closed? -j

sjm324
2009.06.11, 12:15 PM
why is the flying field closed? -j

radiation contamination....there is toxic stuff down there....but the funny thing is the rest of this island probably has more contamination :)

jackg
2009.06.11, 12:52 PM
is the flying field located by staten island hospital (north or south) by any chance ? -j

sjm324
2009.06.11, 01:32 PM
is the flying field located by staten island hospital (north or south) by any chance ? -j

no located at gateway national park on hylan blvd

jackg
2009.06.11, 01:51 PM
right between the two.... and by close I meant regionally or within a few miles. If your racing tonight I have a few more questions but not ones I want to post. -j

Paul G.
2009.06.11, 03:35 PM
Jack- supposedly old x-ray machines that have become unearthed and possible radon also.

jackg
2009.06.11, 04:38 PM
I've read some articles about some of the stuff they found over there. I worked at SIUH north for 8 years on staff in the department of Radiation Oncology. This only means I have many more hard questions than answers. -j

jackg
2009.06.12, 02:55 PM
Al I heard that last night, which was another great gift card night, that Johnathan and I were the only ones to make it into the nines? I was not checking run sheets(too busy cramming 3 weeks of testing into 2 hrs.) so maybe you could tell me. thanks :D -j

minittrackmann
2009.06.14, 08:13 PM
Well who won last night. Couldnt make it unfortunately. Possibly coming this Thursdaybut if not deff.Saturday!

Cody

EMU
2009.06.14, 09:28 PM
I won Stock, 015, and lost a motor screw while leading Nascar.

I brought 2 servos, (one on a roller) for you, and you didnt show up!!! I wont be able to make it for the next 2 weeks, have to setup my camp for the summer.

Racing was good last night. I keep evolving with setup. I wish my stock car drove the way it did last night, at last weeks Atomic race. It was planted, and rotated very well. I didnt have to push it at all to have it run mid 9's consistantly. In the qualifiers I pushed, and did a 9.18s lap. In the mains, my fast lap was about 9.5s. I did not push at all in the main, I didnt want to get involved with any of the battles on the track. In the closing laps, I closed in on Nat, who was closing in on Al for 2nd. I decided not to try to pass, and just pace him until the end of the race so I didnt interfere with the battle. I went wide at the end of the straight, at the same time, he went wide to let me through... and we collided, and Nat flipped... right after that, Al popped his spring in his radio, and went from 2nd to 6th.

LogicBytes
2009.06.15, 12:12 AM
Great Night of racing on Saturday night I had a blast! I was looking through some parts listing and I just realized there are 2 types of Nascar tires available there is a High grip (Kyosho MZT152 High Grip ) and I'm guessing a harder compound tire (Kyosho MZT151) Im not sure which set of tires are on my Nascar is there anyway of telling?:confused:

Mike

EMU
2009.06.15, 12:40 AM
The hard tires are much harder than the softs, you can feel the difference. If I remember correctly when you were setting up the car, you had softs all around. And used a little glue on the front sidewall to reduce grip and traction rolling.

The during qualifying, I had the hard tires on the front of my Nascar. On the first run, I had push, but I could still rotate the rear end with heavy throttle. Basically powerslide it through the corners. I could keep pace, but I had to really push the car very hard, and it was difficult to make clean passes since I had to drive as aggressively as I could just to get the car to run a tight line. Before the main, I put soft tires on, scuffed up the sidewalls and applied glue to the sidewall. I drove the car much more relaxed, but shaved a second off of my laptime. I ended up losing a motor screw, and lost the race. So it doesnt matter how fast the car is, if you overlook simple maintanance, you cant win the race :p

LogicBytes
2009.06.15, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the tips Eugene, my Nascar handles pretty well, I was just trying to tweak it a little more if I get a little to much on the throttle on my exit from a turn the car gets loose and the back wants to come around. It's a very fine line of control and being out of control.

On another note I need to start working on my 02 now. The car feels like it has a ton of drag brake on and it doesn't roll enough off throttle. This could be just because I am used to driving a car with a brushless motor with barely any drag brake programmed into the ESC. I was comparing the amount of roll the car had off throttle to my brothers and his rolls alot and seems easier to drive he has the stock gear diff in his car where I have a PN Ball diff.

Al: you were right I need a XL :eek:

Mike

EMU
2009.06.15, 01:40 PM
Try dialing the trim slightly forward, while checking to make sure you still have reverse. It should help your car roll more through the corner off throttle. I like a good amount of drag brake, but the only time I really fully coast is in a straight, just like braking, as I enter the corner, Im on light throttle. On the exit, I dont go full throttle until I am pointed in the direction I want to go. As Jackie Stewart said in a Top Gear episode, dont open the throttle fully until you know you can stay on it until the next corner/brake zone. If you get on throttle too early, then have to get off and back on, you will have gone slower than if you waited until you were on the exit and hit the throttle as you went on the straight.

minittrackmann
2009.06.15, 03:46 PM
Sorry, dad had to go to speech therapy, so I didnt have a ride. I ordered a servo anyway. loll

See you all possibly Thursday and deff Saturday!

Cody

GIHOSU
2009.06.15, 10:55 PM
Stock was fierce, congrats to all who qualified for the A-main. For 015 my car was fine for me throughout qualifying. I placed high in the grid for the main and my car was dialed. The only worry I thought I had was about my rear tires lasting for 7 more minutes. I was feeling that they had passed their point of usefulness. I looked at the printout and I was running mid 10s to low 11s, but after lap 15 I couldnt get back into the 11s. I was running 12s to 14s. It was gone and I just went with the theory that the rear tires gave up. I went to switch my tires out tonight and when I looked close to make sure the new tires didnt rub the body I noticed the articulation was funny and then I saw the crack halfway across my t-plate. One or two more flexes of that thing and it will be in 2, ok this one broke at the front instead of the back. Ive gone through so many t-plates lately that I need to pick up 2 packs to replace the replacements. In a NASCAR qualifier I had a t-plate go as well. I had 2 minutes left so I grabbed my car from the Marshal and did a 50 second or so t-plate swap to get back on the track and finish in NASCAR style. Luckily the FRP plate that was easiest to grab improved my handling, should have tried that... Sometimes bad luck leads to something good. The car was handling so much better that I took 2nd in the main, It would have been 3rd if EMU didnt have so much trouble caused by a motor screw.
I see everyone who can make it on Thursday.

ActionRC
2009.06.16, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone! What an awesome night of racing! I had such a great time, despite my RADIO SPRING FAILURE!!!!! The A-Main was so exciting! I qualified 3rd, finished the first lap in 7th due to my traditional first lap crash, fell to 8th by lap 6, and worked my way up to 2nd by lap 19. I held second until lap 34 when I heard "Boioioioing!" My radio spring popped off the hook with just two laps to go and I dropped to 6th! (I still did 37 laps, as did Tom Sr, Nat, Tom P, and Crop, even though I couldn't center the car for 2 laps!) I really needed those 99 points, too! Only Eugene had 9 second laps in the Main, and he had many of them. I had some in qualifiers, as did a few others. I was having such an awesome run. (Thanks to Tom P for his tires that "don't work"! Hahahaha!:D) Adam and Jeff both did 36, so with the exception of Eugene it was a really close race.

It took 37 laps to make the already jam-packed 8 car A-Main, and Shafiq just missed it. He had to work hard against Jack and Tony, who finished 4/10 of a second apart for second! Another good run for our quickly improving Mike S, and Congrats to Tomas Sr for making the B!

In the C, it was Dave D and Tomas Jr battling for the lead the entire time. They swapped the lead several times, 4 of which were at the counter, but in the end Dave beat out Jr by just 2 seconds! Zach beat out dad Evan for 4th this week, and Brendan finished 3rd after much tweaking in the pits. Our newest (and youngest besides Justin?) racer, Chris L, had a good showing, rounding out the evening, but he learned alot and is sure to improve very quickly.

In the 015 A, Eugene beat Tom P by almost 2 laps, and just missed hitting 40 laps by just .02 seconds. Nat and I had a great battle for 3rd, finishing just a few seconds apart. Shafiq started strong but had trouble, and Tom Sr just wasn't getting the run he usually gets in 015. Better luck next week!

In the B, Adam took top honors, beating out Jeff's constantly improving Mini Cooper. Crop was second after 6 laps until Jeff got by. Dave had his first run in the 015 class running Nat's backup car.

The NASCAR main was awesome as usual! Eugene's White Out sponsored Monte Carlo was running well, as usual, until he had motor issues, but Tom Sr in the Coor Light Twins Chevy was running strong and took the win. An excellent run by Mike S in the Office Depot Ford gave him 3rd spot, and Jeff's Jack Daniel's car beat the Target (literally!) Chevy by one lap. Crop's # 88 was working his way up, but there wasn't enough time for him to charge too far forward. Like Joey Lagano, who as a young driver stepped into a car from an experienced master, Zach is still learning the NASCAR ropes (he has my old car!), but held his own in a 9 car hackfest! Jack in the retro Dale Jr # 8 had lots of trouble (just like the real Dale Jr!) I keep telling him that taco sauce and diff lube are two different things, but he insists that both do a great job of keeping the rear loose, and he keeps using it anyway.

Thank you to everyone for an incredible night of racing! I COMPLETELY changed the layout, and it's a GREAT one! Check out the picture attached. Points are posted on the website. (Lots of tight battles!)

Tonight I hope to get working on a new car. My 015 will go back to Justin, since the summer is coming and he cannot wait to go racing again, and my Pan Car will become his 02 again. I hope to get myself an all new 015, so watch out! With all of the new beginners lately, there has never been a better time to bring a new person to ARCMS!

See you all tonight for FREE racing to all of those who raced Saturday - which was MANY!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

minittrackmann
2009.06.16, 12:29 PM
Now thats my kind of layout!!!!!

Very very nice Al:)

Fifty7
2009.06.16, 01:04 PM
I COMPLETELY changed the layout, and it's a GREAT one! Check out the picture attached. Points are posted on the website. (Lots of tight battles!)

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Cant wait to try out my 90mm 015 and hopefully got all the bugs out of the 02 this week. It was running good in the main until the motor wire loosened up so i missed out on a great race but that won't happen again thanks to a little solder. See you Thursday.

TomSr
2009.06.16, 01:37 PM
In the 015 A, Eugene beat Tom P by almost 2 laps, and just missed hitting 40 laps by just .02 seconds. Nat and I had a great battle for 3rd, finishing just a few seconds apart. Shafiq started strong but had trouble, and Tom Sr just wasn't getting the run he usually gets in 015. Better luck next week!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

I spent Sunday afternoon out on the back deck enjoying the nice day and taking my 015 apart. Redid the front suspension, lowered the front-end, and all around new tires. Can't wait to see if I've helped or hurt the traction rolling issue that killed my A main performance last Saturday.

It's now in my pit box parked next to my other 2 cars - hoping some of the NASCAR win and A2 finish for the 02 will rub off onto it for next week. Of course while my finishes last week were largely attributed to other's misfortunes - I'll take the points. Thank you guys. :D Popping radio springs, loose motor wires, and flying car bodies - ahhhh...what a strategy.:eek:

...A similar strategy worked for another "old man" of the track Sunday - with Mark Martin coasting out of gas for a win after the 1st and 2nd place cars sputtered out of gas before the finish line.

ShortBus
2009.06.16, 02:15 PM
Marty,

Are you running 90mm in both your 02 and 015?

Jeff

Fifty7
2009.06.16, 03:24 PM
Marty,

Are you running 90mm in both your 02 and 015?

Jeff

Running? Not yet, more like walking. I've had my problems with the 02 but hopefully got all the bugs out (will find out on Thursday). I haven't tried the 015 yet but yes i converted that one too with the help of your Countach body. Thanks again.

Fifty7
2009.06.16, 04:40 PM
wait? Martin ran out too? I didn't catch that part.

TomSr
2009.06.16, 05:22 PM
wait? Martin ran out too? I didn't catch that part.

Ha - yeah. I read in the paper that his tank was empty as well as he coasted across the finish line. What Biffle and Johnson used battling each other, Martin saved just enough laying behind them to get him close enough to be able to coast over the finish line.

CDR racing
2009.06.16, 11:11 PM
Jack in the retro Dale Jr # 8 had lots of trouble (just like the real Dale Jr!)

Hey hey lets be fair.

Crop's # 88 was working his way up, but there wasn't enough time for him to charge too far forward.

Thats more like the real Jr!

Fifty7
2009.06.17, 12:58 PM
Hey hey lets be fair.

Thats more like the real Jr!

You're right. There's never enough time for him. Maybe he should run his own race after everyone else is done. :D

ActionRC
2009.06.18, 12:00 PM
It's a good thing we don't have pit stalls!

THE NEXT 3rd CLASS "SPEC" CLASS...?
I would like for everyone to start letting me know what they would like the third class to be this upcoming points series. I have 20 of the new Renault bodies on hold for me in Europe, and they are not as inexpensive as our normal Kyosho unpainted bodies. They will end up retailing at $29.99, but they do come with wheels, which Kyosho unpainted bodies do not. Basically, they're $10-$11 more that Kyosho, but the good thing about this body is you will be able to run it in the Stock class because it is an MR02 body with a 94mm wheelbase.

I would like to run this body as a spec body class for the third class - kind of like Pan car - because it is a REALLY cool looking body, and I love hatchbacks! I think would allow MR015's, MR02s, and AWD cars to run in this spec body class. We'll have to figure out motor rules, but that could happen later. For now, I need to know if I am ordering this large (and expensive for a June order) order, and who is interested in running it. The Renault class isn't stopping anyone from running a 90mm MR015 because you can run the 90mm 015 in the MR015 class quite successfully, I might add. Jeff and Shafiq's cars are AWESOME!!!

I have attached a picture of the car for those who have not seen it. I think we could do some cool things with paint on these cars due to the large, flat, body panels, and I think it would be cool to run a class with three different chassis and the same body to truly see the differences between the handling. Painted bodies are being produced soon, but not yet. If anyone has other ideas for the third class, please let me know that also. We have not run F1 in a while, so that's a consideration, but for some reason I am really excited about this Renault body. Please let me know what you think.

See everyone for Gift Card Racing TONIGHT!

Thanks!
Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

minittrackmann
2009.06.18, 12:44 PM
Wow, either 90mm or that Renault is pretty cool. Do you have any of them in stock unpainted? See you guys tonight!

Cody

J-Milz
2009.06.18, 12:54 PM
I can see one orf those Renault bodies with a huge shark tooth grin on it! I luv it.

minittrackmann
2009.06.18, 01:14 PM
O god, another one. hahaha

sjm324
2009.06.18, 02:20 PM
I like the spec class idea, How about we all run the same paint scheme too :)

ShortBus
2009.06.18, 04:35 PM
i like these new bodies and can't wait to do one up as long as Al stays away from mine it's first night out !!!

LogicBytes
2009.06.18, 09:04 PM
Im down to give the Renault Spec Class a try. This may give me an opportunity to dig out my air brush so I can do up the body. Anyone know if Faskolor or Pactra will work on these bodies?

Mike

k_bojar
2009.06.19, 07:24 AM
that's a sweet looking body :)

I'd have to come up just to get one - and then race it :)

they white one are pretty cool, but the ones painted are sweet!!!!

EMU
2009.06.19, 03:01 PM
I think Dave uses Parma paints. You should shoot him a message and ask...

Scrapper
2009.06.19, 03:02 PM
are you going to action tomorrow eugene

ActionRC
2009.06.19, 04:23 PM
I know several people that use Parma Faskolor, and it works beautifully. I'm not sure what Dave uses, but whatever it is comes out beautiful as well.

I need some new words for GREAT, AWESOME, INCREDIBLE, AND AMAZING, because our racing has been so (all of the above) the last few weeks that I am beginning to sound repeticious! Last night was (see below)! Cody ran incredibly well, Tom and Marty finished within seconds of each other for 2nd in the A, and Jeff and Nat finished within .27 seconds for the "Goose Egg" spot. (Last place wins NOTHING!) Nice last-turn pass by Jeff!

Per Thesaurus.com: GREAT
abundant (yes), ample (yes), big (yes), big league*(maybe), bulky (no), bull (for me, yes!), colossal (yes!), considerable (yes), decided (yes, by Cody), enormous (yes), excessive (never!), extended (only a little), extensive (yes), extravagant (Tom P was there), extreme (mmm, no), fat (no comment), gigantic (yes), grievous (for me - I didn't win), high (no comment), huge (Paris Hilton!), humongous (sure), husky (ummm), immense (yes!), inordinate (ummm), jumbo* (no comment), lengthy (ditto), long (not long enough!), major league (this IS Action RC!), mammoth (wooly), mondo (I like this one!), numerous (yes), oversize (could always use more), prodigious (ummm), prolonged (this bit might be), pronounced (I try), protracted (angles?), strong (yes!), stupendous (yes!), terrible (for some), titanic* (some did sink), towering (not really), tremendous (yes!), vast (possibly), voluminous (not sure)

Marty took the B-Main, and then gambled on giving up his first place prize to go for more money in the A-Main. A risky move going against Tom and Cody, but he took it and won more than he did in the B! Great gamble, and an awesome run!

Dave took top honors in the C-Main, but declined advancing to the B. He's not the quite the gambler that Marty is! Great run by all of our new C-Main drivers!

I had a great time, and I cannot wait to do it again tomorrow! See you all then!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ActionRC
2009.06.19, 04:25 PM
are you going to action tomorrow eugene

Stu - Send Shafiq (GIHOSU) a PM. He's expecting it. - Al

LogicBytes
2009.06.20, 01:37 AM
I think Dave uses Parma paints. You should shoot him a message and ask...

Faskolor is made by parma. I'll shoot him a PM though just to make sure.

Mike

EMU
2009.06.20, 02:23 AM
"We specialize in Lexan and Hard Type plastic bodies for all scales of R/C Cars. We use Parma Faskolor paints exclusively because of there vast range of colors, ease of use and lack of toxicity. All hard plastic bodies are clearcoated then buffed." I got the previous quote off of the link in Davey G's signature.

Scrapper
2009.06.20, 11:30 AM
he wont be able to make it there

oh and al look at the pictures in nyrc of atomic race and look for my trophy pic youll be surprised at what im wearing and that im the only one wearing it

jackg
2009.06.20, 11:41 AM
stu - my action shirt was missing that weekend and besides the SansAmp people backed up to my house with a truckload of money!! -what was I supposed to do?? I had to wear their shirt in the pic:p -j

Scrapper
2009.06.20, 11:43 AM
no i was just telling al that i still represent him
i didnt mean to sound like you didnt sorry

jackg
2009.06.20, 11:49 AM
dude- I'm just kidding. I really couldn't find my Action shirt.( I have it on right now though) :eek: -j

MINIz guy11
2009.06.20, 06:20 PM
School is almost officially over for me. I'll see you guys in 2 weeks!

SaiTam
2009.06.21, 01:28 AM
no i was just telling al that i still represent him
i didnt mean to sound like you didnt sorry

Winner...!!!!!! Stugottz!!!!! Represent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately Stugottz looked at the wrong camera.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/Stugottz1.jpg

Fifty7
2009.06.21, 11:36 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all.

Paul G.
2009.06.21, 11:50 AM
Happy Father's Day to you too Marty and all you dads out there. Marty, thanks again for helping me out the other night with the steering issue and the tires. What a world of difference. Talk to you guys soon.

GIHOSU
2009.06.21, 03:34 PM
Happy Father's Day to Marty, Al, Tom Sr., Adam and all the rest...

I'm at home with the nephews (all gear heads!!!) and we are racing Micro-T's along with my Monster and Overland. I'll be back soon, looks like next Saturday. I really missed racing last night, they showed up a day early.

Scrapper
2009.06.21, 03:45 PM
bonne peres day al

btw do you have any overland unpainteds

ActionRC
2009.06.22, 05:16 PM
Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

Sai - The last person that should have a halo is Stugotz!!! Hahahaha!

Great night of racing, guys. I had to leave for a while to go to my daughter's recital, which was very good but I think it really blew my chances at making the A in Stock and 015. I'll be back in full swing this week so watch out! My NASCAR ran really well. I dipped the tires in CA, as Eugene suggested, and it was very stable. I'll probably have to switch back to a softer spring, but the car was good and finished second to Johnathan. My 02 was really good in the B-main, and with one more run I think I would have made the A. My 015 was the same as always, but I needed one more lap to make the A. I REALLY need to build another one!

It was great to see some more old faces again this weekend, and I cannot wait to go racing this week. I made some nice changes to the track. Points are posted on the site, and for those who didn't see it yet, we'll be running Overland/Monster for the Summernationals!

ActionRC
2009.06.22, 05:18 PM
bonne peres day al

btw do you have any overland unpainteds

I have two unpainted Beetles in stock right now. If anyone needs anything for their Monster/Overland, please let me know ASAP so I can get it for you in time. - Al

Scrapper
2009.06.22, 05:23 PM
Haction rc jk

Al how much is registration for summernats for all three classes

its pbjt (peanut butter jelly time)

jackg
2009.06.22, 09:40 PM
yo stu :D -j

bermbuster
2009.06.22, 10:47 PM
Haction rc jk

Sammy you put the H in Action......that aint no joke.....:D

Frankie wants a rematch against you so get ready.......

jackg
2009.06.24, 11:18 PM
I can't wait to race thurs. nite!!!!!:D -j

J-Milz
2009.06.25, 11:40 PM
Mini z 90mm, Mini Cooper from Ebay= $60
PN 90mm rear end, 70t motor and other hop ups = $110
Still sucking at racing = PRICELESS!

Can't wait til Saturday! :eek:

jackg
2009.06.25, 11:45 PM
great night of very close racing...Tom P. is the man to beat on a Thursday night. I'm building a new car so look out Tom :eek:. I am going to a corvette or Aston... wider is better:D:D:cool: -j

philly123
2009.06.26, 12:19 AM
LOL thats funny jmilz

I need to get a different job so i can come down on thursdays like i used to. Ill be away for most weekends this summer so that sucks. But im going to try to come down next thursday to race. Tom-I see those tips i gave you every thurday night are paying off lol jk Good job though. See everyone soon.

Al do you have any PN 21MM rims in stock? I need a set for the PN race because im running the atomic 21.5s i think and there too big to meet tech. Of course the car was running great and it dosent meet tech. Just my luck.

GIHOSU
2009.06.26, 03:27 AM
Mini z 90mm, Mini Cooper from Ebay= $60
PN 90mm rear end, 70t motor and other hop ups = $110
Still sucking at racing = PRICELESS!

Can't wait til Saturday! :eek:

Hey Jamil,

I would be happy to help you show a little luv to your 90. I know a few tricks that will help. They can handle if you treat them right.

I can't wait til Saturday too. My schedule just didn't allow me to make it to SI for Cash Racing. I'm 5th in 3 classes in the points series, I might need to play 555 tomorrow.

I have some good news, I am proud to announce that I have made an agreement with a buddy to represent him and his business. Together we formed BROWNFELD RACING ASSOCIATES, my first sponsor deal since my bicycle racing days. I finally have some colors to run on all of my bodies in white. Luckily our colors are one in the same. So far everyone is impressed with how my bodies turned out. I will also have a new Mini-Zer or 2 (or 7) to introduce to our hobby. I hope for my sponsor to attend the SummerNats and/or PNWC. Make sure to be nice to Big Al, he is a gem among men...

minittrackmann
2009.06.26, 12:13 PM
phil how about you shut up!

tommie my boy p!! copngrats brotha..

plans changed at the last minute last night, hopefully see you next thursday!

CDR racing
2009.06.26, 12:36 PM
Tom has nothing! Im coming for you saturday and im getting 40! lol great night of racing last night though. A main was a blast. both races were very close.

Scrapper
2009.06.26, 07:08 PM
i am probably gonna go tomorrow do you think we could also run overland tomorrow or what are the classes

CDR racing
2009.06.26, 07:51 PM

STUGOTTZ! WHATD YOU DO?!?!?!?! You killed him! Jeez stu, you've gone from Mini-Z racer to "Smooth Criminal" This is just "Bad." I think its time to take a close look at the "man in the mirror." Hmm im a little afraid of you coming tomorrow. Maybe you should just "Beat It" Anyways on a a more positive note, can't wait to run tomorrow, it should be a "thriller", especially with Stu back, although im not sure "I want you back." Lol jk stu, glad to see your coming back. See you tomorrow. "I'll be there."

P.S.All the quotes are stupid jokes about Michael Jackson titles, for the musically challenged.

Scrapper
2009.06.26, 08:09 PM
lol that was funny

minittrackmann
2009.06.26, 09:42 PM
I was going to go tomorrow, but guess not now, thanks Sam!

jackg
2009.06.26, 10:57 PM
I hate to miss a Sat. nite @ Action RC. My niece is graduating high school in eastern LI . I just don't think I will be back in time. I'm gonna miss everything... Stu in the house- Cody lapping Tom P , Al having some spring maybe break at the right time...see you all in a week:cool: -j

Scrapper
2009.06.26, 10:58 PM
meet me in the mall its going down

philly123
2009.06.27, 02:24 AM
Cody your a benny

minittrackmann
2009.06.27, 10:28 AM
Phil you dont say that kinda stuff to me! Your a benny, especially since your coming to my state today to go to your beach house! I hope your staten island plates on your car get ripped off and your car gets egged! :p

Scrapper
2009.06.27, 10:39 AM
lol cody thats funny

minittrackmann
2009.06.27, 10:45 AM
Nahh Ill be up there today.. See you guys tonight~

Scrapper
2009.06.27, 10:47 AM
just like the good old times

al i still always repp action at events

action created the stu

Scrapper
2009.06.27, 12:59 PM
inny minny mienny mo how many playas in the club wanna go

what song is this from

minittrackmann
2009.06.27, 01:31 PM
Sam stop! jeez. ahahah

Scrapper
2009.06.27, 01:58 PM
sorry im so excited to go to action rc today

ActionRC
2009.06.30, 01:16 PM
HEY EVERYONE! A few quick and exciting things to tell you!

FRIDAY RACING! Action RC will be open THIS FRIDAY NIGHT, July 3rd! This will replace the Saturday points racing, which will not run this week due to the holiday, but we'll do some prize races, and possibly a MINI-ENDURO! I would like to even incorporate some Pedestrian 500 events, so don't miss this one! I know it's last minute, but the family decided to stay home this July 4th Weekend, so Friday will be a great night for racing!

JUMP ON THIS QUICK! Kyosho is sending me the LAST MR015 ASF chassis sets available. I have four on the way, and then they're gone. I received official word that they are discontinued. Apparently, we are the only track that really buys them, per my rep. Who would have thought? They will be arriving Friday. If you want one, don't tell me here - email me or call me.

KYOSHO SHIPMENT ARRIVING FRIDAY! I have a large order from Kyosho arriving this Friday. They still have another large order from me waiting to ship, but they have several containers stuck in customs night now. I will be getting some new stuff this Friday, and some old stuff will be returning, so come on down! First come, first serve! More to come soon when the containers clear customs.

POINTS! There are just two weeks left of the point series. If your name is still in the upper section of the points page, you're still eligible. Lots of great battles! (Check the website!)

THIS WEEK'S LAYOUT! Welcome the return of the back straight - with a slight twist we have never run before. I call it the "Kamikazi Straight". Hit the right line and it's smooth sailing. Hit it wrong and "SLAM!!!", say HI to the boards. It is a lot of fun, and the right side of the track has some cool tweaks as well. This layout runs like a real (full-size) roadcourse with run-offs on many turns. Don't miss it! (See attached.)

SUMMERNATIONALS! July 18th is quickly approaching. Hopefully by now you all know your summer plans, so if you have not formally registered yet, please do it soon. If you have any questions about the event, please let me know ASAP.

VIVA LE FRANCE! (WELL, RENAULTS ANYWAY!) The next third class at ARCMS will be the TRP Mini-Z Renault Megane Trophy Class! This class is going to be sweet! You can run any chassis, but you MUST run the TRP Renault body, and it must be painted. These bodies will be arriving in masses directly from Europe in just a few days. Start thinking of your color scheme, and what chassis you will slap this body on top of. Many are using their old pan car chassis', some are going with 015's, and some are using AWD chassis. I think I personally am going to try my AWD on this one. Class rules will be exactly the same as Stock. This should be great!

And now a few personal notes...
Jamil - For the first time, Action RC thanks you for buying a car on eBay! Hopefully, the board will last on this one. If not, I'll have one ready for you.

Phil - I have some 21mm in stock. I didn't see your post until today, and I am placing a PN order today. What offsets and colors do you want? (I hope Cody egged your car!) Tell me ASAP! Email me!

Shafiq - You got compliments of your "paint job"? Are you sure we weren't making fun of you for slapping a bumper sticker on an unpainted body? Represent your sponsor and get some paint flowing! (I had a blast running NASCAR with you Saturday, but your car needs some work if it wants to keep up with the #41! Bring it!)

Stugotz - It was great to have you down again. The medications are working nicely - you were very well behaved. I didn't even have to get the straight jacket out of the closet - what a good boy! Stu actually held a solid 2nd place for a long while in the B-Main. Great job, Stu. You're getting much better, and I'm glad you had fun this weekend. I look forward to having you back again. Thanks, Shafiq, for getting Stu there and back in your police cruiser. You should make him sit in the back so it looks like he's on his way to the closest precinct! (Or in the front with his head out the window like Turner and Hooch!)

Crop - Congratulations on a well earned and well deserved A-Main victory! Crop, Cody and Tom all finished within 4 seconds of each other, and it was a great race. Crop's Aston Martin is really good. I think it's the paint job.

If I think of more things to report, I'll pop them up here.

See everyone tonight! (Free if you raced Saturday!)

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

minittrackmann
2009.06.30, 05:45 PM
No! We got teh full straight back. haha o well. What time does racing start Friday night?

Thanks,
Cody

CDR racing
2009.07.01, 12:18 AM
Hmm. It seems i've scared tom away. I beat him saturday and he suddenly disappears. Coincidence? doubt it.

philly123
2009.07.01, 12:24 AM
see what cody doesnt realize is that i have a house on the beach in lbi which excludes me from the benny category.

Al i need -1 and 0 deg narrows. i have the flu so i wont be around for a few days but ill stop in when i get better

Scrapper
2009.07.01, 12:48 AM
thank you thank you very muich
elvis

CDR racing
2009.07.01, 03:16 PM
thank you thank you very muich
elvis

?????:confused::cool:

minittrackmann
2009.07.02, 03:31 PM
Phil you werent born and raised! So get out of NJ! Now!

ActionRC
2009.07.02, 03:40 PM
Cody (and everyone) - We'll be open at 7pm on Friday. Also, let's keep swine flu-ridden Phil in NJ as long as possible so we NY'ers don't get sick! LBI is the new swine flu quarantine.

Crop - We'll have to see if Tom shows up tonight for revenge.

Tom - Crop ran well again on Tuesday - watch out! It may not be just a fluke. He may have actually hit the setup right on the money - and improved too!

Phil - What color front 1 and 0 wheels do you want me to add? I could order them on the next order if I don't have what you want. I think I have white in stock right now. Call me tonight if you could so I could hold them for you. Take care of that swine flu of yours.

Stu - You still confuse me.

See everyone tonight!

Al

philly123
2009.07.03, 02:00 AM
id like white if there in stock when would you have them by?

LogicBytes
2009.07.04, 11:55 AM
Happy 4th Everyone.

Had a great time last night ran my first Enduro it was a blast and it made things intresting to marshall your own car. The pedestrian race was unique and fun as well.

Mike

Scrapper
2009.07.04, 06:15 PM
wait u guys ran a enduro

minittrackmann
2009.07.05, 12:25 AM
Nahh he just said they ran an enduro and never did

k_bojar
2009.07.05, 01:01 AM
wait u guys ran a enduro

was thinking the same thing:confused:

wow - that's scarey, i'm thinking like stu YIPE!

EMU
2009.07.05, 01:15 AM
I love enduros. Im sad that I missed it :(

k_bojar
2009.07.05, 01:25 AM
I love enduros. Im sad that I missed it :(

if i could, i'd race them all the time...the guys down with the DC GTG did a cool one a couple of years ago...1 chassis/as many drivers as you wanted for 4 hours...there was talk about one this year, but with a long timefram - like 6 or 8 hours :) the chassis' can handle it - its the motors that take a beating ;)

Hey Al - what's the chance of doing an enduro?? :):):):)

GIHOSU
2009.07.05, 01:51 AM
I wish, I was painting all day. I could hardly hold a burger at 8pm. Forget about a Tx.

When is the next one Al?

Scrapper
2009.07.05, 05:44 AM
Al what do you think about my new sig

minittrackmann
2009.07.05, 11:19 AM
Tell you what Sam you are something else!

ActionRC
2009.07.06, 11:42 AM
Hey, everyone! Friday night was so much fun! As Stugotz so cleverly deduced, we ran a one hour enduro with everyone on the track at once. It was a great time, and the first enduro for many of our newer drivers. Most drivers pitted 3-4 times, which created a fun challenge. Crop and I finished only 2 laps apart! (He beat me!) Even though we all ran together, there were actually four different groups running against each other, and every winner won a set of front and rear tires of their choice. After the enduro, we ran two rounds of five minute "Mini-Pedestrian 500's", where we had cones, missing tiles, and parallel parking challenges. It was a LOT of fun, and a different thing to do on a different kind of night. (I have atatched a picture of the track the way it was set up for this race.) We ran some regular races after that, and left around 11:30, so it was a fun, extended night.

I'd be happy to do another enduro night. I'd consider it for any Saturday, and we could come up with some cool rules to make it interesting and competitive. I live the way enduros include the element of pitting, mechanical issues, tire wear, etc. I'm all for it. Let's talk about it this week and plan a date.

This week we go back to normal racing, and this is the second to last points race, so get those points in if you're still in the chase. See everyone this week!

Al
ARCMS

ActionRC
2009.07.06, 01:44 PM
Forgot to add the picture!

minittrackmann
2009.07.06, 06:14 PM
Ha thats pretty sweet. How many broken t plates were there?

lollz

ActionRC
2009.07.07, 03:34 PM
Surprisingly, no real breakages. Evan (Zach's dad) did about the same number of laps in the P500 as he did with no obstacles! If you drove with caution and kept your eyes ahead a few feet, you could navigate the cones. It was a lot of fun.

Maybe we can run a special enduro on August 1st? That's the first week after the current points series. Everybody in?

PS - I got a LOT of unpainted longtail McLaren GTR's on Friday. I got so many that I even put some on sale! (They doubled my order!) Get one while you can!!!

minittrackmann
2009.07.07, 05:04 PM
Since there was no racing last Saturday because of the fourth, but I raced the Saturday before that is racing free tonight?

Cody

Fifty7
2009.07.10, 11:00 AM
Great racing last night everybody. A lot of close (and clean) battles.

jackg
2009.07.10, 01:06 PM
last night I finally retired the old Mclaren. now I can start to confuse my car with Tom P. instead of Sr. :eek: The corvette showed some real signs of a good car but it is always the fine tuning that makes the difference. for the new racers at Action (who are getting way better every time) remember there are no unimportant parts on a racecar. smooth out and tune every part of the car and it will do what you want. if it is setup right it should be almost silent-any extra noise is usually the reason for a handling issue. this does not apply to Adam because his car sometimes makes lots of sounds -yet he is still kicking most of our butts! :eek: can't wait til sat night :D -j

Fifty7
2009.07.10, 01:08 PM
last night I finally retired the old Mclaren. now I can start to confuse my car with Tom P. instead of Sr. :eek: The corvette showed some real signs of a good car but it is always the fine tuning that makes the difference. for the new racers at Action (who are getting way better every time) remember there are no unimportant parts on a racecar. smooth out and tune every part of the car and it will do what you want. if it is setup right it should be almost silent-any extra noise is usually the reason for a handling issue. this does not apply to Adam because his car sometimes makes lots of sounds -yet he is still kicking most of our butts! :eek: can't wait til sat night :D -j

Adam?? I can hear his car coming from the hallway but yes he consistently kicks my butt too!!!

sjm324
2009.07.10, 02:55 PM
I am only lucky when I kick some of your butts :)...Sorry I did not make it last night. I was being a traitor :)...looking forward to the summer nats and so are some people who I have seen outside of Action. See everyone soon.
Adam

ActionRC
2009.07.10, 11:56 PM
Thursday had some great races. The best was Nat holding off Tom in the 3rd qualifier. I am once again torn between my AWD and MR02. Both are very good right now. Great run by Marty in the A Main. I had trouble catching him, but made three runs on Tom but couldn't get by, and had a lot of fun racing. Can't wait to do it all again tomorrow! See everyone then! - Al

jackg
2009.07.11, 01:36 PM
the taco truck will have some new offerings- cheeseburgers:D the best hotdogs ever:) and the quesadilla you've always dreamed about:eek: I am charging batteries and will be at the track & ready at 6 PM:cool: -j

Scrapper
2009.07.11, 01:53 PM
yall gone make me loose my mind up in here

jackg
2009.07.12, 09:29 AM
holy wetness!! freakin' rain:p racing last night with the 'vette for the first time was alright. with few more tuning sessions I just might have something for Tom P...:eek: once again the B group showed major improvement. Stu in the house! Actually Sam's driving and cars look much better. I can't wait for him to break into the next group up because I'm the Stu of that group right now! :eek: I'm only kidding...(Crop is the Stu:p) Some of you are reading this and thinking "we don't have a Stu in our group..." Thats because in that group YOU are the Stu:eek::eek::eek: seriosly though it's cool when everyone is racing -SummerNats will be some great battles :cool: -j

Scrapper
2009.07.12, 10:16 AM
leada leada leada

had a great time last night

ActionRC
2009.07.14, 03:16 PM
THIS IS A BIG WEEK AT ACTION RC! Everyone is going to be busy preparing for the Summernationals, and after that, we've only got one more week of the 27th Points Series to determine the Champs! It looks like Tom P is the man to beat. Consistent cars, consistent driving, and lots of practice have definitely locked him in a prime front-runner in all clases. (He'd never beat me in NASCAR, though! Hahahaha!) Even those not racing for the Championship, per se, are still battling each other for top spots, which always makes the points system fun.

Saturday was a lot of fun. I busted up the front of my Aston Martin pretty good, and switched last minute to the Enzo. We ran 9 minute Mains, and even though I was running the Enzo for only the second time, I kept it steady and finished second - only one lap down to Tom and 2 seconds ahead of Crop! (Haha! I love when Crop loses to me - he gets so mad!) With the Enzo being front heavy, you have to drive it carefully so as not to oversteer, and I think it made me drive better and calmer. I have to work on it this week. It was good to have Stugotz in the house, and we had lots of great races.

The layout will be fresh and new for the Summernationals, so no one will have any advantage. Come on down tonight and start getting ready!!!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com