PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

CDR racing
2009.07.14, 09:42 PM
I kept it steady and finished second - only one lap down to Tom and 2 seconds ahead of Crop! (Haha! I love when Crop loses to me - he gets so mad!)[/url]
Haha its been my pleasure kicking your @$$ for a while...had to be nice for at least one week.

I think it made me drive better and calmer.[/url]

Now that gets me mad! What a bunch of crap. lol

k_bojar
2009.07.14, 10:05 PM
good luck everyone this weekend...

i'm bummed that i can't get up there and will be stuck in work all daggone weekend

ActionRC
2009.07.15, 11:10 AM
I think Crop will be on me with a vengeance this week seeking retaliation. Good thing he won't be able to catch me! Maybe when I lap him he could put me in the wall Kyle Busch-style. Too bad I'll be lifting his car off the ground first Kasey Kahne and Joey Logano-style!

So check this out, everyone: Here is a very interesting twist to the points battle coming to an end on the 25th. (You can see the points at www.actionRCspeedway.com.)

There are four drivers locked into Division 1: Tom P, Tom Sr, Al, and Adam. That's all well and good, as these drivers all have more A finishes than B finishes. However, there are four drivers who could bounce divisions next week, and they all have interesting choices to make on the 25th.

Crop: Crop has 3 B's and 4 A's. If he makes the A, he's locked in Division 1. If he makes the B, he will bounce into Division 2, which could earn him a Division 2 Championship - with a significant points lead! Will Crop sandbag to try to make the B, attempting to steal Jack's Division 2 title, or will he go for his pride of trying to beat me in Division 1? Crop has been awesome lately - even winning an A-main with some very serious competition, so choking for the B will not be easy for him. We'll have to wait and see!

Jack: Jack has 3 B's and 2 A's. If he makes the A, he bounces up to Division 1, with no shot at a championship. If he makes the B, he will stay in Division 2, where he would have to whoop Crop's butt by several positions to have a chance to keep his Division 2 title! If he does well, he could drop a 91 points week also -a significant drop. Will he choose the pride of Division 1, or take a chance at keeping his Division 2 title? Tough call.

Nat: Nat has 3 A's and 3 B's. If Nat makes the A, he's Division 1, and he gives up his lead in Div 2. If he makes the B, he's Division 2. If Crop makes the A, and Nat makes the B, Nat can battle Shafiq for the Div 2 Championship - if Shafiq makes the B! (See below.) If Nat and Shafiq make the A, they could be handing the Div 2 title to Jack - if Jack makes the B. Speaking of Shafiq... (This is exhausting!)

Shaifiq: Shafiq has 2 A's and 3 B's. If he makes the A, he bounces to Div 1, with no shot at a title. If he makes the B, he's locked in, and has to beat Nat, but Shaifiq has a significant points drop of 92, which will bump him up tremendously to compete against Nat. He's two points down to Nat now, but dropping that 92 will catch him up, and possibly even give him the lead, stealing the title in the last week from Nat. Of course, this is only true if Crop does NOT go for the Div 2 title. (It all comes down to Crop!)

I really need Johnathans's mom to get her index cards out and figure out all of the math like she did once before, but this one is coming down to the wire with some really interesting plots developing. Things are going to get interesting on July 25th!

Last night was a lot of fun, with a few drivers getting ready for Saturday and getting those laps in. Again, the layout will change, but the more laps you run on any layout, the better you will be.

I am still waiting for my Renault bodies to arrive. They arrived in NYC on 7/7, and for some reason have not made it to customs yet, which should have happened by now. I have to deal with some crazy Spanish delivery service (by phone!!!) to issue a claim and start an investigation. TRP is trying to help me with this as well, but the time zone issue doesn't help get this resolved quickly. Where is Paul G in the US Customs office when you need him? Paul - please find these for me! Hopefully they'll be in my possession soon!

See you all on Thursday!

Al
ARCMS

ActionRC
2009.07.15, 11:32 AM
PS - I have an opportunity to get the KO Propo Helios EX10 (80252) and the 2.4 Mini-Z Module (15502), selling for $260 and $75 respectively. If interested, please let me know. I would like to get some in, and the more I get the better, but don't want to stock too many. If interested, please let me know ASAP and I'll get them specifically for you.

Thanks!
Al

Fifty7
2009.07.15, 11:59 AM
OK The only way to make any sense out of the points thing is to just let them run and figure it out later. I tried reading along but got lost somewhere between Jack & Nat. I do have a question though. If a person winds up finishing with 3 A's and 3 B's how do you figure which one he should be in?

Also, about the radio, can the radio for $260 be used for AM and then by the 2.4 module later IF i converted?

Last, what time does everything start on Saturday. Just asking in case i don't see you Thursday because i have to go file a police report and DMV to replace my stolen plate off the bike. :mad: Mother @#$^&#$%'s. I hope they use it to rob a bank and get shot in the process, but only AFTER i report it stolen.

k_bojar
2009.07.15, 12:29 PM
Also, about the radio, can the radio for $255 be used for AM and then by the 2.4 module later IF i converted?

You can use the Helio for AM, but you need the AM Mini-Z module for the radio - its the bright orange one and (depending on availability to Al or if you order it online) will run in the $60ish dollar range

I have it and the Helio works AWESOME for Mini-Z -- I was very reluctant to get one, but when I did, I'm super happy...

It has a 9-model memory and can be 'expanded' to hold up to 25 models - so now, you can setup all your mini-z on 1 radio and not have to carry around a bunch of the 1-model radios...the control is so much more precise with this as well :)

You won't be disappointed

Fifty7
2009.07.15, 01:06 PM
You can use the Helio for AM, but you need the AM Mini-Z module for the radio - its the bright orange one and (depending on availability to Al or if you order it online) will run in the $60ish dollar range

I have a Futaba 2PL with 10 model memory. Do you think the Helios is worth the extra money in comparison? I dont even know if it does anything more than the Futaba, i just figured if i convert to 2.4 I could use the radio i'm already used to.

GIHOSU
2009.07.15, 01:13 PM
OK The only way to make any sense out of the points thing is to just let them run and figure it out later. I tried reading along but got lost somewhere between Jack & Nat. I do have a question though. If a person winds up finishing with 3 A's and 3 B's how do you figure which one he should be in?

Also, about the radio, can the radio for $255 be used for AM and then by the 2.4 module later IF i converted?

Last, what time does everything start on Saturday. Just asking in case i don't see you Thursday because i have to go file a police report and DMV to replace my stolen plate off the bike. :mad: Mother @#$^&#$%'s. I hope they use it to rob a bank and get shot in the process, but only AFTER i report it stolen.

Regarding your question about divisions, here are Al's rules...

AFTER FIVE WEEKS, DRIVERS WITHOUT ENOUGH POINTS ARE DROPPED FROM THE POINTS LIST.
> Five out of eight weeks are required to be eligible for a Championship.
> Division is determined by how many A, B, and C Main finishes a driver has. (More B's = Division 2, etc.)
> If a driver has the same amounts of different divisions, the most recent divisions are used to determine which division that driver finishes in.
> If, for whatever reason, only one driver is left in a Division, that driver will be bumped up or down to the next closest Division based on points and that Division will be eliminated.

Hey Marty, you better boogie to the PD and DMV. I'm on the way to the bank... ;)

GIHOSU
2009.07.15, 01:27 PM

I have it and the Helio works AWESOME for Mini-Z -- I was very reluctant to get one, but when I did, I'm super happy...

It has a 9-model memory and can be 'expanded' to hold up to 25 models - so now, you can setup all your mini-z on 1 radio and not have to carry around a bunch of the 1-model radios...the control is so much more precise with this as well :)

In 2006 I was handed an EX-10 and given the chance to drive a very hooked up 02 at TT Motorsports(RIP). I had just bought the brand new MA-010 and was making it handle. The radio was so night-and-day to the AM Tx that I ordered one that moment. It felt that good. Almost 4 years of use and it still looks and works like new.

So far I like the angle adjusment adapter that you can use to move the wheel away from the face of the radio. The offset feels really good. I will be adding the data pack and picking up the ICS cable too.

I run AD, AM, ASF, and Spektrum all with my EX-10. KO Propo makes all the Spektrum stuff too. I like to keep it all in the family. The EX-10 is also great for guys with big hands, like me. KO actually made it for the US market. Go figure...

Fifty7
2009.07.15, 01:36 PM
Regarding your question about divisions, here are Al's rules...

AFTER FIVE WEEKS, DRIVERS WITHOUT ENOUGH POINTS ARE DROPPED FROM THE POINTS LIST.
> Five out of eight weeks are required to be eligible for a Championship.
> Division is determined by how many A, B, and C Main finishes a driver has. (More B's = Division 2, etc.)
> If a driver has the same amounts of different divisions, the most recent divisions are used to determine which division that driver finishes in.
> If, for whatever reason, only one driver is left in a Division, that driver will be bumped up or down to the next closest Division based on points and that Division will be eliminated.

Hey Marty, you better boogie to the PD and DMV. I'm on the way to the bank... ;)

Thanks Uhhhhhhhh Jamil?? I think thats you. Guess i really should check the web site for answers. :rolleyes: Just saw the 9am start time posted too. Gonna have to drag my A$$ out of bed earlier than i want to. Watch out for flying bullets at the bank.:eek: Where you gonna be, I'll drop off the 2 corners of the plate you left under the screws. :D

GIHOSU
2009.07.15, 01:43 PM
Thanks Uhhhhhhhh Jamil?? I think thats you. Guess i really should check the web site for answers. :rolleyes: Just saw the 9am start time posted too. Gonna have to drag my A$$ out of bed earlier than i want to. Watch out for flying bullets at the bank.:eek: Where you gonna be, I'll drop off the 2 corners of the plate you left under the screws. :D

Bullets aren't a problem, it's the aim of the person shooting that counts. I'll be on 33rd & 3rd... :cool:

jackg
2009.07.15, 01:56 PM
Regaring the points race- To use the words of the great Tommy Lane "All I can say is"..-winning Div 2 is not as important to me as making the A. Every night I run as hard as I can and because of where I am in terms of driving ability I am often near the bottom of the A group or near the top of the B. I am only trying to finish as best as possible- even if it means 8th in the A instead of 1st in the B. I'm not good enough or smart enough to employ "strategy" to use a nice term for it. The new 'vette is my secret weapon. The car is consitant from run to run mainly due to a good batch of tires that wear at an even rate.Many nights I have struggled with the setup in the Maclaren, learning alot but losing alot as well. Laps are what I need. The new buisness is keeping me running and I need way more track time. In August we will be moving to Scotch Plains to a house with a larger basement. I may need to install a practice track:eek: see you all thursday night. -j

ActionRC
2009.07.15, 01:59 PM
HEY EVERYONE.

Marty - Quick revision to the price of the radio. (I also sent you an email, but you can ignore it now.) It is $260, not $255. I was quoted the AM version originally, part # 80262. The 80252 is the 2.4 version that you would want. I believe they made a slight revision to the radio, and changed the part #. I'm learing about this as we go along as well. GIHOSU is Shafiq. You don't have to be at ARC at 9 - we do not start racing until 12. I'll be open at 9, but you can come any time. Just let me know if it will be after 11 so I can set the computer. Sorry to hear about that plates - people are idiots. I am sure Jamil THE COP will be happy that you assumed HE was the one who stole your plates! Hahaha! I had a 300ZX that I traded to a dealer that was used to rob a bank 2 days later and got shot at - while it was still in MY name! The call from the PA State Police was a surprise to say the least.

I already have some requests for modules that came to me by email. Please let me know ASAP and I might be able to catch the next KO shipment tomorrow. The next shipment after the one leaving tomorrow is two weeks from now, so we may all have to wait until then if I do not put the order in tomorrow. I would like to get payment in advance, as this could be a large (read EXPENSIVE) order for me to lay out all the cash in advance, so if you want one, please let me know so I can keep a list of who's getting what. Of course, if something went wrong, like a backorder or out of stock situation, which should not happen according to the distributor, you would get your money back.

Kaybo and Shafiq - Thanks for the radio info. I am usually pretty ignorant about electronics. (It took John Brown from Brownie's a year to convince me that the Futaba 2PL was better than the stock Perfex - that's how ignorant I could be sometimes! Boy was I wrong! "End point adjustments? Huh?") I am trying to learn more about each, and it seems like the Helios EX10 is the best as far as not having to solder anything. It's a drop-in fit from AM to Mini-Z 2.4 Module, which I like. I can get the AM modules as well - I just didn't put it up here.

Could be some more big news on the way, but not today! Stay tuned!

Al
ARCMS

jackg
2009.07.15, 02:08 PM
with the Helios you can switch it from 2.4 to AM by changing the little box clipped on the back? I know this is probably a stupid question but I really don't know:eek: -j

Fifty7
2009.07.15, 02:11 PM
HEY EVERYONE.

Marty - Quick revision to the price of the radio. (I also sent you an email, but you can ignore it now.) It is $260, not $255. I was quoted the AM version originally, part # 80262. The 80252 is the 2.4 version that you would want. I believe they made a slight revision to the radio, and changed the part #. I'm learing about this as we go along as well. GIHOSU is Shafiq. You don't have to be at ARC at 9 - we do not start racing until 12. I'll be open at 9, but you can come any time. Just let me know if it will be after 11 so I can set the computer. Sorry to hear about that plates - people are idiots. I am sure Jamil THE COP will be happy that you assumed HE was the one who stole your plates! Hahaha! I had a 300ZX that I traded to a dealer that was used to rob a bank 2 days later and got shot at - while it was still in MY name! The call from the PA State Police was a surprise to say the least.

I already have some requests for modules that came to me by email. Please let me know ASAP and I might be able to catch the next KO shipment tomorrow. The next shipment after the one leaving tomorrow is two weeks from now, so we may all have to wait until then if I do not put the order in tomorrow. I would like to get payment in advance, as this could be a large (read EXPENSIVE) order for me to lay out all the cash in advance, so if you want one, please let me know so I can keep a list of who's getting what. Of course, if something went wrong, like a backorder or out of stock situation, which should not happen according to the distributor, you would get your money back.

Kaybo and Shafiq - Thanks for the radio info. I am usually pretty ignorant about electronics. (It took John Brown from Brownie's a year to convince me that the Futaba 2PL was better than the stock Perfex - that's how ignorant I could be sometimes! Boy was I wrong! "End point adjustments? Huh?") I am trying to learn more about each, and it seems like the Helios EX10 is the best as far as not having to solder anything. It's a drop-in fit from AM to Mini-Z 2.4 Module, which I like. I can get the AM modules as well - I just didn't put it up here.

Could be some more big news on the way, but not today! Stay tuned!

Al
ARCMS

Sneaky Shafiq trying to frame Jamil. lol. I knew he was a cop and thought he was busting my chops. Of course I have to be there at 9am. Do you need anything for the monster/overland obstacles? I'll have to think about the radio, sounds like it has a lot more adjustments than the Futaba which could be good and bad.

Fifty7
2009.07.15, 02:13 PM
with the Helios you can switch it from 2.4 to AM by changing the little box clipped on the back? I know this is probably a stupid question but I really don't know:eek: -j

That's what i'm hearing. I agree with your non strategy. Just run you're best and finish where you could. I was stuck at the bottom A top B bubble for a long time too. Oh wait - Still there!!!!:p

kryten
2009.07.15, 02:13 PM

Yes that's correct,they are called modules. :)

GIHOSU
2009.07.15, 02:18 PM
Each of those modules we stick in the back of the EX-10 allow it to operate on different frequencies. Some of the choices are AD(it is really FM), AM, ASF 2.4(Mini-Z), Spektrum 2.4 and KO's own 2.4 stuff... lot's of choices are good. I run everything I own with one radio, Mini-Zs on up to my big off-road stuff.

J-Milz
2009.07.15, 03:45 PM
How did I get dragged into a bank robbery and a plate stealing heist? Didn't Obama change anything? :confused:

GIHOSU
2009.07.15, 04:31 PM
another case of mistaken identity...

Paul G.
2009.07.15, 04:34 PM
Al: Back in the old days, I could see what's up with your package. But nowadays I work in a different capacity with the agency and all my old contacts are either retired or have moved on.

ActionRC
2009.07.15, 04:39 PM
Jamil - First, racist Autobots, and now this. What is this world coming to? It's just wrong.

Paul - Pull some strings! We need Renaults!!!

Everyone - How funny is it that Jamil (a cop) and Paul (a customs agent) are both brought up indirectly in various posts during "business hours", and they are both on here almost immediately to comment? Anyone getting any work done today!? Hahaha!

minittrackmann
2009.07.15, 05:27 PM
Hey Al, I may be flying home friday night.. Allowing me to be home on Saturday. Its not deffinite but is it possible for me to walk in and register Saturday?

Cody

Paul G.
2009.07.15, 05:30 PM
Sorry for wasting your tax dollars!!! LOL!!!

Fifty7
2009.07.15, 08:03 PM
How did I get dragged into a bank robbery and a plate stealing heist? Didn't Obama change anything? :confused:

sorry Jamil. It wasn't my fault. I was misled by Shafiq. ;)

Signatures would solve the mistaken identity problem though. Just sayin. :D

ActionRC
2009.07.16, 11:07 AM
Cody - You can absolutely come. Hope you'll be able to make it.

Fifty7
2009.07.16, 01:33 PM
Jack - Will you be there with the truck tonight or do i eat dinner at home??

ActionRC
2009.07.16, 01:41 PM
Mmmmmm...Chicken burrito, no beans, little rice, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and lots of lime juice. Mmmmmmmm. Can't wait!

Fifty7
2009.07.16, 02:26 PM
Mmmmmm...Chicken burrito, no beans, little rice, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and lots of lime juice. Mmmmmmmm. Can't wait!

I'm not kidding though. If he's coming i'll skip dinner and yes it sounds good.....without the beans.

jackg
2009.07.16, 02:28 PM
I will arrive with the truck, ready to serve @ 7 pm. Chicken is cooking, batteries are charging.:cool: -j

Fifty7
2009.07.16, 02:30 PM
I will arrive with the truck, ready to serve @ 7 pm. Chicken is cooking, batteries are charging.:cool: -j

I will be outside waiting.:D:D:D

OK i'll be inside but I'll come out quickly.

jackg
2009.07.16, 02:43 PM
just a reminder- we got dogs! Sabrett hotdogs steamed or grilled with a toasted roll. if you havent tryed the chicken quesadilla you are missing out- pure race food:D -j

ShortBus
2009.07.16, 02:46 PM
wow, i really fell behind and still trying to catch up on all these posts from the past few days. one question - why is paul checking out al's package?

marty - best of luck this weekend !!

Jeff

Fifty7
2009.07.16, 02:55 PM
wow, i really fell behind and still trying to catch up on all these posts from the past few days. one question - why is paul checking out al's package?

marty - best of luck this weekend !!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff - For the luck and for asking the question nobody else wanted to.;)

ActionRC
2009.07.16, 03:28 PM
Jack - Make sure you don't charge the chicken and cook the batteries. Crop said the quesadillas were awesome, by the way!

Jeff - It apparently USED to be Paul's job to check out people's packages. I really wanted him to check out my package, but he has moved on to other things, and now I would have to count on a stranger to check out my package. I would even PAY a stranger to check out my package if it would help it come quicker.

(Already regretting this post, but it IS funny so I'll hit SUBMIT!)

I could hear the peanut gallery already.

ActionRC
2009.07.16, 03:29 PM
Has anyone seen Valerie Alswife, of the Brooklyn Alswife's?

jackg
2009.07.16, 03:44 PM
I heard Stu was looking for Amanda Hugenkis...:eek: -j

jackg
2009.07.16, 03:45 PM
hey Al- stay in touch with yourself:D -j

ActionRC
2009.07.16, 04:00 PM
Hahahaha!

To let people in on the joke, on Saturday during the A-Main my wife Valerie called, and Stugotz so kindly answered the phone with my permission. (I somehow knew I'd regret that decision, but I figured how badly can he screw up saying "Action RC" and telling me who it is?) When he came over to me, he said "Al, it's Valerie Alswife." Classic!

Best quote of all time, circa 2005:
JS - "Phil, you have the personality of a rock."
Phil - "What do you mean?? I don't even say anything!"

Again, classic.

ShortBus
2009.07.16, 04:10 PM
Al - great reply, i'm still crying :)

I think I went to school with a Valerie Alswife, maybe there's another one in Jersey ?????

ActionRC
2009.07.16, 04:31 PM
Where are Stugotz, Phil and Crop when you need 'em?

philly123
2009.07.17, 02:31 AM
Man ill never live that down. Basically i went to the doctors and i was told that i have 5 bulging disks and leaking fluid by my neck. The doctors saying they think its from when i fell and broke my collar bone. so now i have to go to the city to see other back specialists and what not. its kind of hard for me to race bc by the end of the night im sore and annoyed by it. i wont be able to make it this weekend bc ill be away but i do have the intentions of stopping by or racing soon.

PS- i guess i wasent lying when i said i couldnt marshall lol.. see you soon

k_bojar
2009.07.17, 07:21 AM
marty - you got an email :D

Fifty7
2009.07.17, 01:07 PM
marty - you got an email :D

Thanks a lot. Big help and a lot of info there. Think i'm gonna do it as some as i get some spare cash.

ActionRC
2009.07.17, 02:11 PM
Phil - Sorry to hear about your back. Must be all the 'roids! Hahahaha! Definitely miss having you around, so hopefully you'll be around soon. Don't forget who your friends are! Also, I got your PN wheels, so you can get them any time. (And, no, you will NEVER live down that infamous quote!)

Jamil - I have your PN wheels as well.

Dave - I got your FXX wheels! Kyosho had them in stock!

Tomorrow is the big day! Miss Action RC is ready to go, trophies are being printed, and I built some SICK Monster/Overland obstacles last night - like a double car-crushing jump! (Thanks for all the junked Mini-Z bodies everyone!) Making more jumps tonight. I'll be there VERY late tonight if anyone is bored and wants to come down, hang out, and help me build stuff - no driving though! I won't be there until around 10:30 or so. I don't think I"ll be sleeping tonight.

See everyone tomorrow!

MINIz guy11
2009.07.17, 03:55 PM
I'll bring some skateboard ramps for the Overland/Monsters, Al.

I got to start charging all my batteries. Two months of being idle sure won't keep these batteries in tip-top shape.

Scrapper
2009.07.17, 06:32 PM
you going down in overland son

minittrackmann
2009.07.17, 08:10 PM
phil your a panzy. And I did not get a flight back today. Its tomorrow:(

Have fun and good luck to everyone tomorrow
!

Scrapper
2009.07.17, 08:25 PM
tell me when to go tell me when to go dum dum dum dum

my awd doesnt need any work it just needs more speed

minittrackmann
2009.07.17, 08:27 PM
that it doesnt. !

bermbuster
2009.07.17, 08:38 PM
phil your a panzy. And I did not get a flight back today. Its tomorrow:(

Have fun and good luck to everyone tomorrow
!

Cody never hit a guy when he is down.....
Even with his bulged disks Phil can snap your pencil neck.....:D

I was looking forward to pitting/running with you Phil and Kaybo....

Me and Frankie have our mini monsters ready hope Action is ready for us.....:eek:

minittrackmann
2009.07.17, 08:40 PM
Kayboooooooo!

:)

Scrapper
2009.07.17, 08:54 PM
stugottzy my boy remember that guy

lmao

J-Milz
2009.07.18, 01:39 AM
Jeff - It apparently USED to be Paul's job to check out people's packages. I really wanted him to check out my package, but he has moved on to other things, and now I would have to count on a stranger to check out my package. I would even PAY a stranger to check out my package if it would help it come quicker.

Im shocked nobody jumped all over this one! TOOOOO EAZY!!!!!!

philly123
2009.07.18, 02:03 AM
LOL you guys are too much. Dont worry Berm, cody remembers all the times he ran from me and i picked him up and put him in the garbage pail but he dosent want to remember that.;)

Im going to try to come down and race tomor.

k_bojar
2009.07.18, 06:27 AM
I was looking forward to pitting/running with you Phil and Kaybo....

Sorry, George...The only pitting I'll be doing this entire weekend is pitting my butt at my desk at work....

I was really looking forward to this race as well...oh well - guess I can look forward to the Winternationals :D

Scrapper
2009.07.18, 06:48 AM
so excited about today

LogicBytes
2009.07.18, 09:17 PM
A video during practice of the layout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmpaIUsnj_U

and of course the carnage we like to call Overland/Monster Which should have been called Marshall/Marshall :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hFBzZzQcNw

Mike

bermbuster
2009.07.18, 10:49 PM
A video during practice of the layout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmpaIUsnj_U

and of course the carnage we like to call Overland/Monster Which should have been called Marshall/Marshall :eek:

Mike

It was a great racing today and it was nice to meet you Mike....
BTW you did an awesome job of marshalling the Mini Monster/Overland class....

hpotter
2009.07.19, 12:27 AM
OK great day of racing, congrats to all the trophy winners--Johnathon-Eugene-Shafiq-Stugotz-Crop and Al. It was great racing with everyone again even though I was brought back to reality by Johnathon, Phil and Eugene (:( no surprise though) it was still fun. Hmm, Monster and Overland, great fun driving--not so much for marshalling; lets just say the last time I took a beating like that was when I was in jail and some guy named Bubba wanted my sneakers. Oh and I'm very happy that my full bodied Godzilla collapse on the straightaway didnt crush the entire B-Main of cars. Great performances by everyone like Mike leading for over 30 laps and Andrew holding his own against a lot of more experienced drivers just to name a couple. Shafiq and Marty, great race for the trophy--Marty you missed it by that much!! Hey Nat, how do you like the A-Main, great driving to make it there, it wasn't easy. Adam, sorry your cars weren't up to snuff but don't stop the mind games I love them and racing with you. All in all a great day as always at ActionRC, now I just need a couple of weeks of traction to recover from Monster/Overland class (why I twitch when I type or say that might be a reason to see a doctor). One final note to Phil, Johnathon and Eugene I will be searching for new ways to cheat to beat you guys--none have worked so far but I will not give up :D.

philly123
2009.07.19, 12:53 AM
As always Al put on another great show all within one days work. However i did not like seeing the owner marshall his own car on the monster class video:p My cars werent the way i wouldve wanted them but they were definetly on pace. I had a great time though and there were a lot of great battles between Me, Eugene, and Johnathan. I had the worst start in 02 dropping from first to last in the first turn which basically blew my chance of winning. As for consistency, I used the same set up today that i ran about four months ago for both cars and it always feels good.

Tom, its not about power bc i did more laps with my 015 than with my atomic stock 02(i wasent very happy about that but that usually the way it is)

see you all after the PN race...

J-Milz
2009.07.19, 12:56 AM
Was that fun or what? (the marshals are all saying, "or what") My only problem was rushing in after work, missing practice, the first two rounds of qualifying, and all of Deonte's black clouds, not to mention my own. We gotta do Monster /Ol as a points series, (but with fewer obstacles) that was a blast. Yee Haw!

EMU
2009.07.19, 01:42 AM
I posted my response in the appropriate thread... the race event thread. Great race... Lots of tight battles.

Watching Al marshall his own truck in the video is priceless...

Phil, just so you know, with a 7 car field in stock, I was in 7th place for the first 4 or 5 laps... then slowly worked my way up through the field until I got into first with less than 10 laps to go, only to lose it in traffic with 2 laps to go. It was a racing incident, where the cars in front of me had contact with eachother, and the boards... and I got flipped on my lid. Jonathan deserved the win, and he is a class act and wanted to concede the win... I passed him when he got stock behind a certain black FXX, and I was able to get around and keep my momentum up. He was also dumping a little, and I was at ideal tire temperatures, and still had power to spare.

jackg
2009.07.19, 08:32 AM
just a general apology to anyone I may have held up in traffic yesterday... I will always run hard and work not to be passed and sometimes thats just not the thing to do. I had to accept my car was not 100% yesterday and just stay out of the way-not a familiar or comfortable position for me(at least not for some time). the race was awesome and I will focus on my cars to assure I never have a day like yesterday again. - j

Scrapper
2009.07.19, 11:05 AM
it was a blast as always

Fifty7
2009.07.19, 01:10 PM
Tom - Congratulations on post #5. It was your longest one yet, I'm getting a little nervous that this could become a regular thing for you (OH, the things that will be said). No shame in being brought back to reality by those three. They are (or should have been) in a class of their own. At least you can say there are ONLY 3 guys that can consistently beat you. Thanks to all the Monster marshalls because obviously we could not have run that race without all of them (and could have used more). It was a lot of fun but next time we should concentrate on getting a video of just the marshalls, forget the trucks, the bodies jumping all over were priceless.

Jack - There has been many discussion here about running 100% all the time and theres nothing wrong with it. Me personally, i'll fight for the 1st lap but once I'm down by more than that i try to pull over (where it's convenient) and let the leader by. I think we all like to watch an exciting end to a race, be it the A, B or C Main and I never want to take a lead car out of that when i don't have a chance myself.

I'm usually my own worst enemy but Eugene is right (no surprise there), never give up. I got taken out on the first lap of the main by someone elses mistake in lap 1 and hit plenty of boards on my own along the way but i calmed down and stayed as clean as i could and worked my way back up to the lead with less than a minute to go only to get taken out by of all things, A WALL (and nerves) on the last lap, so congrats Shafiq you earned it and it made for a great race.

Al - Your monster trophy is tainted, all though i think that video was one of the qualifiers so we'll let it go. Thanks for providing all of us a place to race and running a class act all the time.

See you all on Thursday

Scrapper
2009.07.19, 01:21 PM
that was the first qualifier

i was tq overland/monster till second qualifier

Fifty7
2009.07.19, 08:07 PM
that was the first qualifier

i was tq overland/monster till second qualifier
ok class act MOST of the time. :p

ActionRC
2009.07.20, 12:58 PM
Jamil: Regarding "the package", you are quick! Hahaha! (Still no Renault's though, seriously. They'd better come this week!!!) It's HARD to find out about this package!:eek: Too bad you missed the first two rounds - that Monster event was all for you. There was no way I was going to deny the most enthusiastic response to a class vote, but getting the most votes made the decision in the end anyway. I'm glad we ran M/O - it was incredibly fun.

Kaybo: Missed having you. We had a really good time!

Mike: Thanks for postig the vids here. When I watched the video and saw myself run out, I thought, "uh ho." Naturally, and of course, I got called out on it! Here are my two defenses:

1) I was at the end, so I wasn't blocking anyone's view of the track.
2) The marshals were all struggling out there, and I didn't have the heart to make them run all the way up to the front. I cannot thank the marshals enough. Next time, we'll have two groups so we always have marshals who aren't volunteers. In the main I wouldn't have done it. I just felt really bad that they were all running around like that. (Friggin' videos!)

The Black FXX Note: I was making a strong run for 4th on Tom, and worked may way up carefully and smoothly. I was within a few feet of him when the crash happened. I moved out of the way of the three fastest cars EVERY lap, and never even fought to stay on the lead lap. When I got nailed in the back by Johnathan, it was on the inside straight - a WIDE three tile section where I was setting up to go wide again coming out of the inside straight - all while trying to catch and pass Tom. Keep in mind, as Adam said, that there were two races within one there, and Tom and I were racing each other somewhat knowing that we didn't have a shot against Phil, Johnathan, or Eugene. We were racing for our own pride, even if it wasn't for the official lead, it was for "our own " lead. You all know very well that I would not take anyone out on purpose (except Crop, and sometimes Nat:)), but you have to give a driver a chance to get out of the way sometimes and back off for half a second so that you can get by cleanly. (In my defense, if you look at Johnathan's lap times, I would challenge you to find out which lap I 'delayed' him on. His laps are all extremely consistent, and he has one lap that is about a second longer when I had a 15 second lap as well, but he finished almost 3 seconds back.) I know there were no hard feelings, and we're talking about seconds here, but I just wanted to give my two cents. Definitely just a racing thing. Wasn't the first, and won't be the last. Thankfully, we're all good sports (except Crop) and handle things like this the way friends should - diplomatically and with understanding of each other.

Tom - Wow! A real post! Hope your back is okay. (For those who didn't see it, Tom was literally sprawled out on the back gutter, the plastic board bolts pushing into his delicate back, legs up in the air. It was funny, but he did take a good slip. That's dedication!)

Marty - I honestly hate winning trophies at my own event. It's a double edged sword for me. I want to race to win, just like everyone else, but I don't want to deal with the abuse, even if it is sarcastic, that follows. I couldn't have given myself more of a disadvantage in Monster. I took the truck out from my basement Friday night, that I hadn't run since last summer, ran the stock radio, and ran it in slowpoke crawler setup. Little did I know that that would actually work! I broke my rear suspension so badly that the left rear shock wasn't attached, so I CA'd it back together hoping it would stick. It was a true testiment to CA! I never thought I would beat Jamil's lowrider Monster/raised Overland, or anything that Eugene sets up.

In the 015 B Main, Mike was beating me the entire time. He choked at the very end. The only thing I felt badly about afterward was that Nat made the A because I already had 8 cars in the B, and he would have had a good chance at beating me for the trophy. In the quals, he ran really well, and he had Marty and Shafiq to race in the Main, so he was going to have a good race anyway. It's not easy to be a race director when you have 3 dominant cars/drivers at the top of the A group!

So basically now I guess I feel badly about making the A, winning 015 B, and winning Monster. It's just the way it worked out, and of course I had to be the one who was the bubble driver. It's a dilemma for me. If I cannot race, I may as well close the track because NOTHING would be torture for me more than watching all of you race and NOT being able to join in.

Again, I'll do a full write-up of each race soon! Send me pics!

Fifty7
2009.07.20, 03:56 PM
Come on Al. You are not the type of owner who practices on off days just because you can, you hardly ever work on your own cars and you race in between doing what has to be done to keep the track running. You earned whatever trophies you have won just like everyone else. I hope the explanation of what group everyone was in was not because of my comment about "those three". I just meant they are so much better than most of us. I know you can't actually have them running by themselves. It's like a Thursday when Jonathan shows up. We know we'll be racing for second but we have just as much fun doing that. We can see it on Thursday when we are all so close, it's hard to break the groups up and keep everyone happy. If you didn't do a good job we wouldn't all be on here saying thank you for giving us such a well run place to race at. See you Thursday.

EMU
2009.07.20, 10:52 PM
It was fate for Jonathan to win the race. He had a good start, and a good pace. I passed him when he tangled with Al, but got flipped on my lid soon after...

Al, your right when you say, that if you cant race, whats the point... thats what its all about. Having fun and racing. I knew that there were 2 races on the track, which is why I wasnt trying to make a pass on the 3 cars in the last minute... Was just trying to pace. Someone hit someone else, who hit the boards, and I hit them... and flipped. It was a racing incident, nothing more. Am I mad, no. Disappointed, of course... but who wouldnt be, leading by more than 5 seconds in the last minute of the race...

Im glad that Al won with the MZM... slow and steady was most important. And that showed with the win. I thought for sure that an OL was going to win... but that wasnt the case.

J-Milz
2009.07.21, 11:10 AM
Hey Al,

I was just thinking about an idea for the next point series. The track layouts could be numbered week to week like the Nascar series so you can keep tabs of lap times this series vs. last series and track your progress in the various chassis. You can also keep records to see who had the fastest lap etc... That would also open the door for set up sheets and tire combos as well. Just my two cents.

ActionRC
2009.07.21, 11:55 AM
Jamil - Definitely an interesting idea. I could try it and see how it goes.

Eugene - I hear 'ya. By the way, Crop actually had the overall win in Overland. See explanation to follow in the next post. (I will still take credit though! Hahaha!) I won on the clock, he won on the track.

Marty - I hear you too. Nothing anyone said in particular made me sound apologetic. It's just an awkward spot for anyone to be on the bubble, but especially when it's me.

ActionRC
2009.07.21, 11:58 AM
If you missed the 2009 Action RC Mini Speedway Summernationals, you missed one incredible race event! The racing was exciting, the competition was fierce, and yet we all had a great time. What more could you ask for?

We ran three classes - Stock, MR015, and Monster/Overland. After three rounds of intense competition, here's how it all went down:

Stock A Main
Johnathan 45/8:07
Eugene 45/8:10
Phil 44/8:05
Tom P 41/8:05
Al 41/8:10
Nat 39/8:09.13
Crop 39/8:09.77

Congratulations to Johnathan for is A-Main victory, and another Nationals Championship. I don't think there has ever been a driver who could drive any car as well as he could - he is simply a natural. Eugene gave Johnathan an incredible run, even taking the lead 3/4 into the race, but Johnathan took it back over with 2 laps to go! Phil had a solid 3rd place run, Tom P and I battled the entire time for 4th spot in our own "A-Main Group 2" battle, and Nat and Crop finished just .6 seconds apart for 6th and 7th. Incredible race!

Stock B Main
Shafiq 39/8:04
Marty 39/8:06
Andrew 37/8:04
Mike S 36/8:02
Jack G 35/8:06
Adam 24/5:15
Tony L 16/8:05

Shafiq took top honors in the B-Main, narrowly defeating Marty by just 2 seconds after the long 8 minute battle. Andrew, who is usually near the top of the C, qualified well toward the front of the B on the starting grid, and led the race from laps 5-21! He was running incredibly well, but Shafiq and Marty were charging hard and eventually got by. Marty led lap 34, but Shafiq got by again, with Marty on his tail the entire time, and took the win. Jack led early on before Andrew took the lead. Mike was up to second, dropped to 6th, and came back up to 4th with a respectable run. Adam had a miserable run with all sorts of trouble, and Tony, who failed to qualify due to late arrival, won the C, which did not count, bounced up into the B, and then had trouble after 16 laps. It was a great race!

Stock C Main
Sam "Stugotz" Gotts 34/8:03
George B 33/8:10
Frankie B 32/8:03
Jamil 25/7:32
Deonte 22/8:02

Stugotzy my boy! Sam (aka Stugotz) only finished one lap down to Tony, but because of Tony's lack of qualifying, his win did not count, and Stugotz took the win. He beat George by one lap, who finished 2nd, but Jamil actually ran second to Tony for most of the race until Stugotz overtook him for the win. Jamil dropped down to 4th, and Deonte, who had all sorts of trouble, finished 6th. Frankie ran 5th most of the race, and bumped up to 4th toward the end. Jamil had to arrve late unfortunately, and this really hurt his chances of working on his car and getting it right for this layout. He's been qualifying well at times, and had a legit shot at the B if he had more time. Congrats to Stugotz for another Nationals Championship!

MR015 A Main
Eugene 45/8:05
Phil 45/8:07
Johnathan 44/8:08
Tom 42/8:11
Nat 40/8:08
Marty 40/8:11
Shafiq 33/8:09

Eugene and Phil battled hard all race, but Eugene narrowly took the win by only 1.5 seconds! Johnathan lost the lead lap at the very end, finishing 3rd. Phil lead almost the entire first half of the race, but Eugene took the lead on lap 19, keeping his eyes on the rear view mirror the entire time. Tom ran well as always, but had nothing for Johnathan, and Nat and Marty had nothing for Tom, but they battled each other for 5th the entire race, finishing just 2 seconds apart! Shafiq had lots of trouble on the second lap (66 seconds!), which destroyed his chances in an otherwise good day for his 015. Very exciting!

MR015 B Main
Al 37/8:01
Crop 37/8:07
Andrew 37/8:09
Mike S 36/8:00
Stugotz 31/8:05
Jamil 30/8:08
Adam 23/5:34
Deonte 14/7:37

The 015 B Main was an awesome race, with 4 cars battling for the lead the entire time! Al, Crop, Andrew and Mike all finished on the same lap, and all had a chance at this one. Mike actually lead the race from laps 3-29, but choked under the pressure of a hard charging battle for second right behind him between myself, Crop, and Andrew. Again, another amazing run for casual racer Andrew. Amazing skills for such an infrequent driver. Stugotz and Jamil battled for 5th the entire race, usual front-runner Adam had more trouble on lap 30 and fell out, and Deonte's 90 second lap on lap 4 ruined his chances at a successful run. Great job everyone!

Monster/Overland
Al 17/7:46
Crop 17/7:47
Johnathan 16/8:01
Eugene 14/7:34
Stugotz 14/7:50
Shafiq 13/7:31
Marty 13/7:47
Andrew 13/7:58
Frankie 12/7:42
Jamil 12/7:47
George 12/7:53

The Monster/Overland race was not just a race - it was an experience! The M/O class was the voted in 3rd class for the Summernationals, and the response to it was incredible. All of the drivers had so much fun hitting jumps, navigating around (or over!) obstacles, and bashing into each oher, and the 8 minutes of racing flew by! We definitely need to run an M/O enduro! Although the computer showed that I took the overall win, Crop actually passed me after time ran out on the clock, and really won the overall event with his BMW Overland at the finish line. I ran a VW Beetle Monster, and I think both types of vehicles had their advantages, making them run surprisingly very even to each other. Trophies were awarded for each type of truck. Stugotz had a TQ run in the 1st qualifier, and ran very well in his green Sai Tam Limited Edition Porsche. As you can see by the numbers of cars with similar finishing times, there were some serious battles for position, but the best thing about this race was getting air, clearing obstacles, avoiding other trucks, and having an absolute blast. M/O absolutely MUST be a third class for a points series in the future! Thank you to everyone who volunteer marshalled. As you can see in this YouTube video, it wasn't easy!

Monster/Overland Qualifier

Thank you to everyone who came down to race at this year's Action RC Mini Speedway Summernationals. It was another great event, I had a great time, and I hope you all did too. Thank you to Philip from PN Racing for donating some T-shirts for prizes. (Everyone took home a prize!)

This weekend is the wrap-up to the points series, and then we'll start a new one up again with a brand new class - Renault Body-Spec Class. (Any chassis, normal ARCMS rules for chassis.) Now we just need these bodies to clear customs and get here already!

See everyone this week for another exciting week of racing!

Thanks!

SaiTam
2009.07.21, 12:16 PM
[I] Stugotz had a TQ run in the 1st qualifier, and ran very well in his green Sai Tam Limited Edition Porsche.

Stugottz's green Porsche has nothing do with me.

I only sold him the Overland Chassis.

Al, I bought the Overland chassis(new) in 2005/2006 soon after I started racing in ARCMS and it was almost never used. I bought it because ARCMS was going to have Overland racing on Sundays. That never happened. 3-4 years later I sold the OL chassis to Stugottz and the OL racing picks up. How ironic.

ActionRC
2009.07.21, 01:26 PM
Actually, what makes Stu's Porsche so good, in my opinion, is how YOU set up the suspension with double springs. You can try to distance yourself from a Stugotz vehicle as much as want, but you are connected to it in a physical and emotional way - forever.

The Sunday racing thing just never took off. No one was coming both days, so Sundays were dead, but after running M/O again I remember how enjoyable it was. With the jumps and obstacles that we had this time, we were able to remove them quickly and without any debris left on the track, unlike foam spray and astroturf like last time did. You live, you learn. Maybe Stu will give you a good deal on it - he's known to sell stuff that he just bought at a loss!

jackg
2009.07.22, 01:16 PM
remember how dog crap used to turn white in the 70's??:D -j

ActionRC
2009.07.22, 05:00 PM
Jack - I had to think about this for a few seconds as to whether this is a metaphor or comment on reality. If it's a metaphor, I am still thinking. If it's reality, I remember white CAT poop! Either way, you owe us simpletons an explanation.

jackg
2009.07.22, 05:42 PM
it's just something I heard on Sirius & when I thought about it a second I had to laugh.- j

TomSr
2009.07.22, 05:43 PM
Jack - I had to think about this for a few seconds as to whether this is a metaphor or comment on reality. If it's a metaphor, I am still thinking. If it's reality, I remember white CAT poop! Either way, you owe us simpletons an explanation.

Al - Thanks for asking what the rest of us were wondering. It's certainly not a topic I wanted to step in. :eek:

EMU
2009.07.22, 05:51 PM
Maybe it was white with ash from the brown paper bag that burned around it on your doorstep???

jackg
2009.07.22, 06:14 PM
Emu I did have someone say the low-grade pet foods actually contain a percent of ash in the food due to processing methods...I like to think it's the burning bag:eek: -j

bermbuster
2009.07.22, 06:28 PM
Stugottz's green Porsche has nothing do with me.

I only sold him the Overland Chassis.

Al, I bought the Overland chassis(new) in 2005/2006 soon after I started racing in ARCMS and it was almost never used. I bought it because ARCMS was going to have Overland racing on Sundays. That never happened. 3-4 years later I sold the OL chassis to Stugottz and the OL racing picks up. How ironic.

You know I had our mini monsters for about two years and one was still in the box. i broke it out for the race and Im so glad I bought them and kept them. The kool thing about mini zs is they dont cost a fortune and you can always get another....I might get some overlands too....:D

CDR racing
2009.07.22, 10:21 PM
Al- You called it a few weeks ago. Jack's posts are getting as spontaneous and confusing as Stugotz. Maybe we need to separate their pit spots a little more on saturdays lol.

minittrackmann
2009.07.22, 10:31 PM
whats up guys..

sorry i havnt been up to action in a while.. been at majs =x..just practicing for the pn regional this weekend.. probably gonna be up at action next tuesday:)

Hows everyone been?

Fifty7
2009.07.23, 08:54 AM
Al- You called it a few weeks ago. Jack's posts are getting as spontaneous and confusing as Stugotz. Maybe we need to separate their pit spots a little more on saturdays lol.

You are right - Apparently Stugotz is contagious:eek::eek:

ActionRC
2009.07.23, 10:01 AM
Good morning, everyone! I am really looking forward to racing tonight. Tuesday night was fun (I got the place all cleaned up from the 'Nats), and I got to see the new Kyosho bumper for the LM bodies in action on Shafiq's Mazda. I was very impressed with this part, and always liked the handling of these bodies. (It's like driving a bigger car.) I definitely recommend checking this part out. Now I just wish Reflex would finish up the redesign of the wide track front!

George - I am really glad that you enjoyed the M/O Class. I did, too, and can't wait to do it again. Obstacles are only limited by our creativity and imagination, which is endless!

Jack - Have you been making Skittle Burgers in the Macho Nacho truck?

Eugene - At least now I'll know who to blame if I ever find a bag of flaming poop at my door!

Cody (and everyone) - Definitely missed you Saturday. What happened to flying back up on Friday? I may have an issue next week. I will be away with the family from 7/27 - 7/31, Crop and Sr have football, and Johnathan will be away also. Both of my back-ups are busy, which leaves no one to open up on Tuesday and Thursday. Is anyone interested in opening up for me these two days? I do pay (although I prefer to pay in store credit over cash), and I could show someone how to do everything either tonight or Saturday, and give you a set of keys. It's not rocket-science, and I trust most of you to do it. (Stugotz - Don't even ask! Hahaha!) If anyone is interested, please email me today if possible so I can let everyone know what's going on next week.

Let's get some big payouts going tonight for Gift Card Racing!!!

Fifty7
2009.07.23, 11:03 AM
[I] It's not rocket-science, and I trust most of you to do it.

Boy this can get awkward if someone volunteers and it's not one of the "most" you trust. lol.

I'm not sure about Tuesday (I'll find out before i get there tonight) but I'm definitely around on Thursday and i come cheap:D

jackg
2009.07.23, 12:11 PM
I haven't felt normal since Stu & I pitted together @ the Atomic race:eek:...normal sucked anyway:D I will have the taco truck with me tonight. I must again say try the chicken quesadilla. I have at least one a day latley and I'm pretty sick of Mexican food right about now;) -j

Fifty7
2009.07.23, 01:13 PM
I haven't felt normal since Stu & I pitted together @ the Atomic race:eek:...normal sucked anyway:D I will have the taco truck with me tonight. I must again say try the chicken quesadilla. I have at least one a day latley and I'm pretty sick of Mexican food right about now;) -j

I'm eating at home tonight but that might make a good dessert. :D

ActionRC
2009.07.23, 02:45 PM
Marty - Thanks for volunteering, but I don't trust you. (Hahahaha!) Shafiq volunteered also, so maybe he'll do one day and you could do another if he didn't want to drive down both days. That would be great. He's checking his schedule now.

Jack - I'm in! Valerie Alswife and the kids are out tonight, so I have a clear dinner plan. I have a clear post-Action RC night also, which means some extra bench-time on my cars for a change. (Or extra couch time at home - which NEVER happens!) I'm in for a chicken quesadilla and probably one hard shell also. Nice!

Paul G.
2009.07.24, 10:29 AM
Hey Al: Give me a PM with your cell #. Just spoke to someone who may be able to help track down the Renault bodies.

ActionRC
2009.07.24, 01:10 PM
Thanks, Paul. Sent you an email.

Great racing last night! Nice turnout, and lots of close battles. Good to have Dominick in the house - a true 9 yr old expert announcer. He really should work for Speed one day.

I am sooooo coming for you tomorrow, Potter! My car is ready after a great A main run last night just 2 seconds back from the WIN! You will not get another 100 this week!

See everyone tomorrow! So far we're looking good for next Thursday. Tuesday is still up in the air. (Will know by Saturday.)

Al

Fifty7
2009.07.24, 01:19 PM
Thanks, Paul. Sent you an email.

Great racing last night! Nice turnout, and lots of close battles. Good to have Dominick in the house - a true 9 yr old expert announcer. He really should work for Speed one day.

I am sooooo coming for you tomorrow, Potter! My car is ready after a great A main run last night just 2 seconds back from the WIN! You will not get another 100 this week!

See everyone tomorrow! So far we're looking good for next Thursday. Tuesday is still up in the air. (Will know by Saturday.)

Al

Dominick is a pleasure to have calling a race, he follows those cars really well. Also, that kid is gonna be good, he is some driver already for his age.

Al - After tomorrow you may have to look into having some construction work done. You may have to widen the doors in order for someones head to fit through. Not mentioning any names but just sayin. :D:D

jackg
2009.07.24, 02:54 PM
what can I say? I havent had a race night like that in a long time. I only finished one qualifier (the 1st) and after trying every car in my box (and getting in Al's way during the main((VERY possibly costing him a win)) I basically gave up. :o my main issue is a set-up that relies on a certain tire combo and I'm still waiting for a PN order. the car is pretty much undrivable without them. I will have multiple sets soon and this will never happen again:p yeah right!!!:eek: -j

ActionRC
2009.07.24, 04:55 PM
Jack - I get PN every week! If you needed something that I didn't have, why didn't you just tell me??? I would have had it for you right away (if you told me Monday I would have had it Wednesday), and probably could have saved you some $ by piggybacking your order with mine. Live and learn, I guess.

I'll be sure to leave room for big heads in the next few weeks. ;)

Signing off - 5pm!!!

Scrapper
2009.07.24, 05:02 PM
Stugottz repping the action at pn tomorrow

ActionRC
2009.07.25, 10:38 AM
The Renaults are here!!!
The Renaults are here!!!
The Renaults are here!!!
The Renaults are here!!!
The Renaults are FINALLY here!!!

Come and get one today!

Today is the last week of the points series, and then the third class switches from NASCAR road course, which was a really run class, to Renault Spec Body, which I have a feeling will be a bit more competitive than some of our other third classes. It should be a lot of fun. Like pan car, all Renault bodies must be painted, but I'll let it go for the first week (next Saturday) because they took so long to get here.

See everyone later!

Al

jackg
2009.07.25, 01:06 PM
Jack - I get PN every week! If you needed something that I didn't have, why didn't you just tell me??? I would have had it for you right away (if you told me Monday I would have had it Wednesday), and probably could have saved you some $ by piggybacking your order with mine. Live and learn, I guess.

I'll be sure to leave room for big heads in the next few weeks. ;)

Signing off - 5pm!!!

I misunderstood when you said you normally don't carry the carpet into you somehow couldn't get them. I'm a nerd -next time I know:) -j

CDR racing
2009.07.25, 02:33 PM
Stugottz repping the action at pn tomorrow

What is this world coming to?

Stugotz...I'm watching you! You are standing near the drivers stand on the right side of the track talking to Sai right now. And Phil is limping around with his bulging discs.(No, I'm not stalking him...live race feed on PN website right now.)

Scrapper
2009.07.26, 12:14 AM
hey ill send u the link so you can see the live lap times and all

jackg
2009.07.26, 01:00 PM
nascar roadcourse rules. Al-great battle in the main. Have a good vacation. Shafiq all I can say is my car in stock was not 100% but you had a great run-congrats. good battles all night and the A main in stock was one of those races that was just as fun as full size racing to watch. -j

ActionRC
2009.07.26, 05:50 PM
Great racing last night, everyone! Congratulations to our newest champion, Tom P, for his victories the in Stock and MR015 points series. His cars and driving were amazing, and his titles were well deserved. I will definitely be looking to stop this crazines in the next points series!

Congratulations also to Shafiq for his Division 2 Championship! Because Crop and Nat made the A, that left Jack and Shafiq to battle it out for Division 2. Shafiq lapped Jack at the very end of the Stock B Main, but it was definitely a great race, with Tom Sr, Joe, and Mike all up there as well. It was also nice to have Dominick back on Saturday night, and he will definitely be one to watch if he keeps practicing.

Last night, our 4 car A-Main of Tom, Crop, Nat, and myself had all four cars fighting hard, and all finished on the lead lap! Crop took another win after I lead much of the first half! Tom took the lead from me, and then Crop took it after just one lap of Tom leading, and Crop lead from laps 19 - 43. Tom beat me by just 3 seconds, and I beat Nat by just 4 seconds. It was an awesome race!

The NASCAR race was lots of fun as always, and Tom Sr, Shafiq and Jack probably gave me the best runs they've ever given me, but it wasn't enough to take the win, and I clinched my NASCAR Championship and defended my title. I take no credit. My car is amazing, and anyone who drove it would have won. It is the most stable and punchy car I have ever driven. Although it will be awhile before we run the NASCAR class again, I hate to even convert it to anything else because it is so good.

Thank you to everyone for another exciting night of racing.

This week Action RC will have special extended hours! The track will be open at 4pm - 10pm on Tuesday and Thursday! Lots of practice time - especially to work on the Renaults, which are SOOO cool looking!!! If anyone wants to paint a body there, just go to the end of the hallway by the stairs and make sure you put cardboard down.

Shafiq will be running the show on Tuesday and Thursday while I am away, so have a great time, everyone. I will be up bright and early on Saturday painting my Renault! Have a great week everyone, and I hope everyone who ran the PN race this weekend did well, had a great time, and represented. I'll try to check in if possible.

Scrapper
2009.07.26, 10:04 PM
i represented al and during the givaway i won a free emu bar, got a shirt, got a bunch of used batteries, new tires from alex valdez,

LogicBytes
2009.07.30, 04:50 PM
Just finished painting my First Mini-Z just in time for Saturday. I hope the paint stays on for a few laps :eek:

http://www.questpc.com/images/RenaultFront.JPG
http://www.questpc.com/images/RenaultRTfront.JPG
http://www.questpc.com/images/Renaultside.JPG

Fifty7
2009.07.31, 12:09 AM
Just finished painting my First Mini-Z just in time for Saturday. I hope the paint stays on for a few laps :eek:

Looks awesome.

Paul G.
2009.07.31, 09:39 AM
Shafiq, Thanks for running the show last night. You did a good job. It was an awesome turnout for a Thursday. Eugene, It was nice to meet you and thanks for the car tips. I'm sorry if my kids were a bit out of control, but I just didn't feel like shutting them up by feeding them candy and junk food all night long. It was just one item each and I'm glad I stuck to my guns. Thanks for a fun night guys,

J-Milz
2009.07.31, 02:04 PM
Thanks Shafiq for all the free stuff from last night. ;) Al should take vacation more often! LOL. Seriously though, everything ran pretty smooth last night in your absence. I saw a couple of the new Renault bodies last night and Im definetly onboard. Eugene, Thanks for the small tips you gave for my AWD. It was dialed for my unique driving style. :D

GIHOSU
2009.07.31, 04:45 PM
Thanks to Nat the Lone Ranger, he was the only guy to show up Tuesday night. That was a good practice night, we watched Speed channel and tried to drive as fast and as close together as possible.

Thanks also to the Action gang, that was a very fun Thursday night. Cody and Phil showed up early for practice, thanks for keeping me company. We had 3 strong groups for Stock racing. Special thanks go to Crop for his help running the show and to Tom Sr. for making his help possible. Al gets a big show of respect, he can run the show AND race strong. Thanks for the opportunity to help you out, I'm glad I was able to pull it off.

C Main- Congrats to Mike, he was able to drive his way to the win from the pole position. Paul and Al J ran strong for 2nd and 3rd, their cars improved through qualifying. Jonathan and Al J's nephew Pat were the newcomers, they practiced in qualifying and finished strong in the main about 1 lap apart. I hope we get to see them again soon.

B Main- That was a fun one to watch. Marty chased Adam to the finish, but Adam was able to stay out of too much trouble and finished first. Nat, Dave and Jamil drove well and were all close together at the finish.

A Main- It was fast race with laps in the 9s. Phil drove clean lines and ran hard to get away and stay away to finish first at the end. Eugene made sure Phil didn't relax, his car looked good and he came in 2nd. Tom drove his own race (I like his new Zen driving style...) and was looking really strong. Cody started off fast but ran into some mechanical trouble, that took him out of the battle.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I will be attending a wedding tomorrow so no racing for me, but I will make some time to paint my Renault. See you all soon.

EMU
2009.07.31, 06:40 PM
Shafiq, thanks for running the show. It ran smoothly, despite the one sorting error in the beginning.

I ran a different car for each race. Started with the 102mm Mazda LM MR015, which was my Nascar with standard wheels/tires. It ran pretty good, but was a little loose on corner exit (to be expected with the longer wheelbase). 2nd run, I chose my AWD with ATM Stock motor. It was good, and put down the fastest lap of the night 9.82s. I decided to switch to my 94mm f430 GT 70t car that I ran at the PN race last week for the main. Mainly since Phil, Cody and Tom were all using 70t cars. The car was a little pushy off throttle, and got loose on throttle... basically, the diff was too tight. After the race, I loosened it a little to suit the grip at the track, and it felt much better. Probably .1-.2s better :P Phil got out to an early lead, and I couldnt reel him in fast enough. Tom drove great, seriously... after the race, he mentioned that he was sorry that he held me back, but he was battling for position, and was on pace... I had to use a pinch maneuver where I basically forced him to back off entering the rhythem section... although, he didnt back off... and hit the apex while I squeezed through. His car was just as fast as mine through the rhythem section, and thats saying a lot.

Paul, great meeting you. Dont worry, your kids didnt bother me. I work at a Day Camp in the summers ;) Im used to it. Glad you stuck to your guns, and did permit more than one sweet for each. Its important for kids to learn how to choose the one they want, and enjoy it more than getting everything they want. That was how I was raised... and now, I think twice before I buy things that I want... The only place that I dont restrict myself enough, is with Mini-Z's.

ActionRC
2009.08.01, 12:03 AM
Hey, everyone. Jut got back from an 11 hour drive back from Boston. That's right - eleven hours. I cannot feel my legs. (It took us around 5 hours to get there.)

Very tired, but I am glad that everyone had a great time this week. I hope to get my body painted tomorrow in time for the new class. I received some Kyosho stuff today, and I think PN came today also.

Thank you Shafiq, and to all of you for helping him keep everything under control. I am glad you guys were able to race this week even in my absence and with Crop and Johnathan busy.

See you all tomorrow. Snooorre...

CDR racing
2009.08.01, 03:28 AM
Hey, everyone. Jut got back from an 11 hour drive back from Boston. That's right - eleven hours. I cannot feel my legs. (It took us around 5 hours to get there.)

Wow. That's a wicked long time! You guys ready to race some caaaars?

k_bojar
2009.08.01, 07:33 AM

It only take me an hour longer to get to my Sister-in-law's in Maine - but that's 12ish hours one-way from philly :)

Ain't driving in Boston grand:eek::rolleyes::D

jackg
2009.08.01, 03:52 PM
hey everyone I will have to miss tonight to prep for moving Sun. see you all in a week. -j

minittrackmann
2009.08.02, 07:15 PM
Al you got PM!

Cody

NJShoreRR
2009.08.02, 09:10 PM
Hey Al,

Its Steve, Nats friend. Sat night was fun. I think I'm definitely going to pick one up soon and start racing with you guys!

Thanks again!

Steve

ShortBus
2009.08.03, 03:43 PM
ok, so what were the first impressions of the new renault class? hopefully, i'll be able to get out this week and pick one up.

jeff

CDR racing
2009.08.03, 10:20 PM
ok, so what were the first impressions of the new renault class? hopefully, i'll be able to get out this week and pick one up.

jeff

Saturday night was a blast. A lot of close racing, especially the A-main finish.(I beat Al by .09 seconds!) And the renault class was awesome! It was really cool watchin the cars on the track and seeing everyone's paint jobs. My car was absolutely hooked. I took what was my Pan Car chassis, put a motor in it, new rear tires, and red springs and the car was incredible. A lot of guys got the cars handling really well, unlike our last 3rd class lol. (with the exception of Tom) Should be a really fun class! Video and pictures coming soon!

k_bojar
2009.08.03, 10:37 PM
can't wait to see pics of the renaults :)

man, i need to get up there and race again with you guys :(

Fifty7
2009.08.04, 08:53 AM
Saturday night was a blast. A lot of close racing, especially the A-main finish.(I beat Al by .09 seconds!) And the renault class was awesome! It was really cool watchin the cars on the track and seeing everyone's paint jobs. My car was absolutely hooked. I took what was my Pan Car chassis, put a motor in it, new rear tires, and red springs and the car was incredible. A lot of guys got the cars handling really well, unlike our last 3rd class lol. (with the exception of Tom) Should be a really fun class! Video and pictures coming soon!

I have to agree, it was a lot of fun and Crops cars were awesome. I did the same thing with my pan car but then blew it up at about 5pm. I refused to miss the race after working on the body all week so i ran out and bought my cousins car that he used twice and took it apart and swapped all my parts minutes before the 1st qualifier. It ran really well by the main, i finished second i think a lap down but that was because i flipped it a couple of times, otherwise i was running with Crop and we were gonna fight for that win. Getcha next week.

ShortBus
2009.08.04, 11:29 AM
I'm just not sure if i'm going to run this as an 02 or 015? I assume you guys are all running the renault's as 02's?

Fifty7
2009.08.04, 02:07 PM
I'm just not sure if i'm going to run this as an 02 or 015? I assume you guys are all running the renault's as 02's?

No Jeff, I'd be lying if i told you for sure but i think there was a couple of 015's, Nat's running all wheel and I think Mike is too, 02's Tom ran 70 turn, Crop ran speedy05 and i ran speedy07 so there's pretty much everything going on right now.

Fifty7
2009.08.04, 02:09 PM
Crop - The pictures are up to you. Apparently i didn't notice my phones camera went back to the default setting of "crap" and they look so bad i wouldn't even post them.

ShortBus
2009.08.04, 02:17 PM
crop - let's see these pictures !!! it's 2pm and you have to be out of bed by now????????

ActionRC
2009.08.04, 02:54 PM
Hi, everyone! Well, it's official! Action RC Mini Speedway is moving to a new location! The new address will be 4445 Arthur Kill Rd, and I think you will all like it very much! The new building, which is only about two minutes north of Ellis Street, has many "user-friendly" features that our current location does not: It is ground level, has a store front with 56' of large windows, has parking right in front of these windows and more, large glass double doors, and is right on a main road with easily marked exits off of the West Shore Expressway (Rt. 440). As always, we will continue to race in air-conditioned comfort! While I am very happy with the room that we have had for over four years now, the new location will address all of the deficiencies that the current location has, and this change will surely bring in new customers due to the tremendously increased visibility. New customers + more racers = better racing for all of us! I am hoping to complete the move by August 14, so Thursday night gift card racing will still take place on the 13th at the current track and Saturday points racing on the 15th will be at the new location!

As you could all imagine, moving costs money. New signs need to be made, the phone, cable,and utilities need to switched, walls need to be painted, floors need to be redone, etc, etc, etc. This is why Action RC is making a special offer to all of you - a win-win situation if there ever was one:

Introducing the Action RC Mini Speedway Barack "Al"bama Economic Stimulus Plan! From now until August 29th, you can buy Gift Certificates that will be good in 45 days from purchase, and they will be worth 10% more than what you paid for them! (Buy a $250 Gift Certificate and the value to be used 45 days later is $275!) This is a limited time offer, and is being offered as a much needed way to raise funds to help cover the expenses associated with moving. The minimum value for this offer is $100. Especially in the summer months, the track could really use this help, but I want to make it worth your while, so take advantage of this offer soon, and help out your favorite local track - Action RC Mini Speedway!

More news...
The 28th Championship Point Series got off with a bang on Saturday, and the Renault Spec Body Class is a huge success! The layout was great for side by side racing, and I made some major changes to it for this week which will make for more great racing. As noted by many of you above, here are some highlites from Saturday...

Stock A Main: This was one of the most amazing races I have ever seen and been a part of. Ten lead changes between 4 out of 6 drivers, and Crop and I finished just .09 seconds apart as we swapped inside and outside lines approaching the lap counter. I had the inside line on the second to last turn, but that set Crop up on the inside of the final turn, giving him just a slight advantage over me! It was intense. Current champ Tom P finished 3rd with 35 laps, (Cropa nd I had 36), and Tom Sr and Nat both finished for 4th and 5th on 32. Marty, who is joining us for another complete points series, finished 6th with 31.

Stock B Main: Joe I, Mike S, and William had respectable runs, but Joe was able to beat Mike, who had been having very respectable runs over the last few weeks, by 5 laps! Mike had two problem laps which really wiped out his chances, and William took it slow and steady finishing 3rd.

MR015 A Main: This was just too good to be true for yours truly. I took the lead on lap 4 and held it the entire time with the slowest car! I didn't have one crash or incident, and my slowest lap was a 12.53. My fastest was 11.80, so I just kept it steady and somehow pulled off a win by 1.01 seconds over the MR015 reigning champ Tom P. Marty finished in 3rd on the same lap (36 - just like Stock!) Nat and Tom Sr continued to be their biggest opponents and both finished 4th and 5th on lap 34.

MR015 B Main: Crop didn't qualify all that well, and started in the back against Joe and Mike in an all-Lancer race, but he picked it up a bit and took the win. Again, Joe upset Mike and took second. (Must have been a fun ride home to Long Island!)

Renault A Main: Crop starts off the Championship as the leader, and ran an astounding 37 laps! His car is simply awesome, and is truly the car to beat. Marty finished in 2nd with 35 laps, Tom P had 34, I had 33, and Nat had 28 after having some trouble won lap 10. This is a very cool class, and there weer some really good looking cars oyut there!

Renault B Main: Mike lead laps 1 - 18 without problem, and Joe was running comfortably behind him in second. All of a sudden, Mike dropped out with trouble, and Joe dumped also, handing the win to William who again just kept it slow and steady. Better luck next week!

It was a quiet night, which is somewhat expected in the summer, but all of the races were very exciting and action packed. Be a part of it this week! If have not set up a Renault yet, do it this week! I still have some bodies left! You can put this body on any Mini-Z chassis and run it in this class!

Again, don't forget to be a part of the ARCMS Barack "Al"bama Economic Stimulus Plan, and please join us for the last few days of racing at the old track, and the first days of racing at the new one coming soon!

LogicBytes
2009.08.04, 03:08 PM
Here are a few pics, I have Video of the B main but it's just to embarrassing to post. Joe's AWD overheated and my AWD lost the pinion gear twice:eek:

Mike

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=549
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=551
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=552
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=550
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=553

CDR racing
2009.08.04, 03:32 PM
crop - let's see these pictures !!! it's 2pm and you have to be out of bed by now????????

Jeff- You don't know me very well do you? Lol sorry guys forgot about them last night. I am going to football now but when i get home tonight i will upload them.

SaiTam
2009.08.04, 03:36 PM
Congratulations Al!

How about telling us about the new track size and operating hours? Are you re-using the existing RCP tiles?

Davey G
2009.08.04, 03:42 PM
Congrats on the NEWS AL!!!!

Mike (logicbytes) This is a great pic..but how did you fit inside that little car to take this pic??

lfisminiz
2009.08.04, 04:31 PM
Al, congrats on the new place...great to hear!:)

LARRY

EMU
2009.08.04, 05:04 PM
What train station is closest to the new location? And how far is the walk?

LogicBytes
2009.08.04, 07:12 PM
Congrats on the NEWS AL!!!!

Mike (logicbytes) This is a great pic..but how did you fit inside that little car to take this pic??

Very Carefully! :D
(If there was only a picture of me taking the picture that would have been good for a few laughs)

minittrackmann
2009.08.04, 10:07 PM
Al sweat to hear!!

Allthe best!

Cody

ActionRC
2009.08.05, 12:10 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, Mike. I think we're all better off without the massive butt-crack pics that we could have had!

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes. This is the next step in the growth of ARCMS, and I really think we will get lots of new drivers as a result of the exposure. Staten Island is full of potential racers - they just don't know ARCMS exists - YET!

Sai - We will be using RCP again, and the track might be in a slightly different shape than it is now, but it will still be great. I have a few different ways to lay out the room as far as tables, track, shop, etc., so I'll be playing with all of that next week. I'll post more about the track size when I start laying it out more accurately on paper and in person. There are many options. As far as hours, I have no plan to change them right away, but we'll see what happens. If we get lots of new people, I may have to do some afternoon sessions. We'll see!

Eugene - You and Stugotz were major concerns when it came to being further from the train and getting you from the train to the track. The new place is further from the same Atlantic or Nassau train station, but I spoke to many regulars who offered to pick you guys up, and I offer it myself as well as long as someone is around to watch the store for a few minutes. It's just a bit further up Arthur Kill Rd, but too far to walk with Mini-Z stuff. If there a few people, I will even pay for a cab. The cab company is right across the street from the Atlantic stop on Arthur Kill Rd, so it wouldn't be very expensive. I will make sure with 100% committment on my part to get you and anyone else from the train to the track with little or no additional expense on your part.

Sunday and Monday will be very busy days for me, as well as Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday morning, but thanks to U-Haul and a few volunteers, everything will be in good shape. I will absolutely provide more info as I have it!

Exciting times ahead...

bermbuster
2009.08.05, 01:10 AM
Exciting times ahead...

Al this definitely Exciting News......and me and Frankie will be in those Exciting times.....

Guys it is time for all of us to step up and support Al and the new location.....
If it wasnt for Al his customer service (got me and Frankie hooked w mini z) the racetrack.....and not to forget the Action crew.....we would have never
started and continued to race......

Mini Z scene in Metro NYC just keeps getting better and better......:D

Congrats and the Best of Luck!!!!

EMU
2009.08.05, 02:15 AM
Im looking forward to checking out the new track :P

Once I see where the new track is, I should be able to judge whether it is walkable... I dont mind walking 5-10 minutes, in a way I like it... to wake up from the long train/ferry/train ride.

Fifty7
2009.08.05, 09:17 AM
Al - I'll talk to you tomorrow night but did you already rent a truck? I'm trying to find out if my work truck is available & more importantly empty. It's kept right up the block in Industrial Loop so it wouldn't be out of the way at all. What night are you planning on moving the big stuff? Friday the 14th?

Kevin S.
2009.08.05, 09:22 AM
Congratulations and best of luck with the new location Al. I cannot wait to finish settling in my new house so I can start getting to the track more often. I can't wait to race again. See you soon Al and best of luck once again. :D

Paul G.
2009.08.05, 09:49 AM
Al, Congratulations!! Can't wait to race at the new location!!!

imxlr8ed
2009.08.05, 02:02 PM
I look forward to getting back up to race with you guys sometime soon... best of luck at the new location Al!

So, is it the Martial Arts, or the Poker Place? :D

J-Milz
2009.08.05, 08:46 PM
New place = More days to race? My vote is Sunday or/ and or Monday?
Any word on the 2.4 Ghz Formula 1 Car?

CDR racing
2009.08.05, 11:05 PM
Hey guys.Sorry for the delay in getting these up. Had a some technical difficulties with the card reader on my computer but finally got it working. So here are some pics of the Renault Paint jobs. And i took a video of one of the group one qualifiers.Don't mind the camera work. Marshalling and video taping dont mix!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-c6DlRlm4

http://i29.tinypic.com/33cc17b.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/2ztiykm.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/ztiy9w.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/ilk4kg.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/106yc0m.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/2rwq7ia.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2i76c07.jpg

minittrackmann
2009.08.05, 11:18 PM
There is racing this Saturdayat the current location correct?

See you guys then!

philly123
2009.08.06, 12:08 AM
Hey Al, Congrats on the new place! Im going to florida but ill be back monday so if you need another hand let me know.

CDR racing
2009.08.06, 12:56 AM
There is racing this Saturdayat the current location correct?

See you guys then!

Yeah racing is at the current location Saturday.

Hmm Al idk if you should let Phil help. Not unless your insurance will cover for him when he gets another bulging disc. Could be dangerous!

minittrackmann
2009.08.06, 12:43 PM
Considering Im extrmemely jacked I can prob domost of the heavy lifting. haha

But really if you need any help mom said its cool for me to come up!

See you tonight:)

ActionRC
2009.08.06, 01:11 PM
Thanks, everyone. The new track is going to be very cool, and it definitely good to shake things up sometimes and start fresh. I am looking forward to getting all of the work out of the way!

George: Thanks for the kind words. You can always take advantage of the Barack "Al"bama ARCMS Economic Stimulus Plan and support the track even more during this difficult (expensive!) time! I hope many of you will. This is a great deal for all of you, and a great way to really support the track. It needs it now more than ever.

Eugene: I wouldn't want to walk it, but sometimes I don't even want to walk from the front door to the car. Either way, if you do not want to walk it, I'll make sure you get a ride.

Marty: Right now I have Jeff volunteering with me on Sunday and possibly Monday also. Sunday I want to do a lot of work on the new room, and Monday I want to do a lot of work setting up the new room and bringing over the bulky, non-essential stuff. By Thursday, I will ideally have only the track, computer, and a few tables and chairs in the old room to bring over on Friday. I plan on renting a U-Haul on Monday, but if a van popped up from another source, I wouldn't have to rent a U-Haul. If you have it, I'll take it.

Kev: get that house done already! You're missing lots of fun!

Ed: The poker place is now a contractor's office (although it would have been funny if I ended up next to ANOTHER illegal gambling ring!), and I'm getting the Martial Arts side. Looking forward to you and Larry visiting soon!

Jamil: Kyosho America tells me they have no plan to bring in the 2.4 F1. They also tell me they do not know if they will be getting the new MR-03, and they will not be bringing in the Murcielagos! I do not understand them sometimes. I do, however, have unpainted wide-body GTR's coming! They'll be in late next week. You've probably heard my rant before about opening additional hours - it just didn't seem to help. I'll explain in more detail in person.

Crop: Thanks for the pics and vid! Can you email the two best ones to me when you have a chance?

Cody: Racing is at the current track through 8/13. The first race date will be 8/15 at the new track.

Phil: I could definitely use you Monday. I'll be starting around 11am because I have to do something with my kids on Monday morning. If I see you before then, I'll give you my cell #. Your back is okay?

jackg
2009.08.06, 10:55 PM
Al the new track sounds like it will be awesome. I am getting the new house set up and dealing with all the fun of moving as well.:eek I badly need a race night -j

J-Milz
2009.08.07, 12:42 AM
I saw this track system on the internet, and it seems compatible w/ the RCP track. Has anyone heard of this company Imat? If it is compatible, I could see another Monster / Ol race in the near future. ;). Marshal-marshal!

Number1
2009.08.07, 11:26 AM
Congrats on the new location, Al.

Like George said, mini-z racing in metro area is getting better and better, and I have always told people, who is not into mini-z, that mini-z are for smart people only.:D

Anyway, I'll see you guys very soon.

ActionRC
2009.08.07, 11:28 AM
Jack - You missed some amazing racing last night!

Jamil - We'll definitely run Overland/Monster in the future. I think we'll probably run F1 for the next series, and O/M after that. The one-piece hills are retty cool. I don't like the way the tiles meet on the bridge-looking piece, but it does look like fun.

Wouldn't it be cool if Kyosho made a Mini-Z Slash-like stadium truck???

Last night was a lot of fun! We had incredible A-Main racing between Eugene, myself, Tom, Marty, and Cody last night. Eugene took the win, and Tom narrowly beat me and Marty for second. Cody foolishly dropped out despite the fact that he was running well and chasing me for position! Last place won $0, so even if he passed Marty for 4th he would have won money!

Jeff and Nat were door to door almost every race, and Shafiq and Jamil were up there with them as well in the B-Main. This was a really intense race, and Nat and Jeff really went at it for the win. It was so close that as I write this I cannot even remember who won??!!

In the C-Main, Deonte, Bob, Paul and Al J put on a good show, but Deonte proved to be the best with a very good-running MR015 and took the win.

TRP Renault Bodies:
I expressed our concern about the front wheels to my TRP rep. Interesting response...

My question...
"The front rims that come with the body are too wide to fit the body on an MR02 chassis. No matter what ride height the chassis is set to, we have all had to file away the inside edge of the front wheelwells. This really weekens the plastic, and one customers has already broken a body because you must file away down to the headlight corner to get the front wheels to clear. Many people are already not using the provided wheels and switched to a more narrow offset. Perhaps the Reflex wide front (when it comes back out) would help a more narrow 0 or -1 wheel rotate more on center, reduce the arch of the wheel travel, and help clear the wheel wells?"

TRP's response...
"Yes, you are right, we have chosen a good look, but for competition we are running with offset 0.5 in front."

My response...
"Thanks for your quick response. You should consider going to the .5 offset for production. I would imagine that more people will be running these and having trouble versus people who will buy them just for looks. You have to keep in mind that Kyosho unpainted bodies retail for about $20, whereas yours retail for $30. People were okay with paying more knowing that they were getting wheels, but if you're paying $10 extra for wheels, you should be able to use them. It is more important for the wheel to be functional than to look good."

I did not feel this information from these emails was overly private to publish here on the forum, and thought you guys deserved to know straight from TRP what the deal was with the front wheels. Hopefully, they will switch to a .5 for future use, even though that doesn't help us now.

See you all Saturday for the last night of points racing on Ellis Street!!!

ActionRC
2009.08.07, 11:30 AM
Congrats on the new location, Al.

Like George said, mini-z racing in metro area is getting better and better, and I have always told people, who is not into mini-z, that mini-z are for smart people only.:D

Anyway, I'll see you guys very soon.

Thanks, Roland. Looking forward to having you back some time soon! I miss arguing with you!:D

hpotter
2009.08.07, 12:38 PM
Boy oh boy I love these companies--hey guys buy our cars, they look great but if you want to use them they don't work, I love there logic that they chose to make it look good rather than function as it should. I have been one of the more outspoken about parts made for these cars that need "modification" to work or better yet have to buy 3 versions of a part for it to work correctly. I think we need to get together as a community and let these companies know that we are not going to keep putting up with sub-standard products. I for one have no problem spending money for parts but gosh darn it I want them to work; without any sanding, cutting, notching etc. I think until we all finally say-hey this doesn't work, fix it or take it back these companies are going to continue to give us the screws. Ok rant over, for now, see you Saturday.

J-Milz
2009.08.07, 01:06 PM
Are we allowed to say "gosh darn it" on this forum? Lol.

ShortBus
2009.08.07, 01:18 PM
hmmm, can you use it in a sentence please......

Fifty7
2009.08.07, 01:42 PM
Boy oh boy I love these companies--hey guys buy our cars, they look great but if you want to use them they don't work, I love there logic that they chose to make it look good rather than function as it should. I have been one of the more outspoken about parts made for these cars that need "modification" to work or better yet have to buy 3 versions of a part for it to work correctly. I think we need to get together as a community and let these companies know that we are not going to keep putting up with sub-standard products. I for one have no problem spending money for parts but gosh darn it I want them to work; without any sanding, cutting, notching etc. I think until we all finally say-hey this doesn't work, fix it or take it back these companies are going to continue to give us the screws. Ok rant over, for now, see you Saturday.

Tom - You forgot to tell everyone who wasn't there last night that you fixed your Renault and Crop is going down. Oops did i say that out loud?

ShortBus
2009.08.07, 02:16 PM
crop, my advice to you... run and hide !!!!!

ActionRC
2009.08.07, 02:37 PM
Gosh darn it, Crop, Tom got his gosh darn Renault working pretty gosh darn good, I have to say. He quite a few gosh darn threats for you last night - beware!

TomSr
2009.08.07, 03:05 PM
crop, my advice to you... run and hide !!!!!

Have no fear Jeff - it's 3PM and Crop has still not gotten out of bed. He's good at hiding. I'll go upstairs now and try to wake him and tell him Potter is after him...maybe that'll get him up. :eek:

ShortBus
2009.08.07, 03:25 PM
Lol !!!!!!!

Fifty7
2009.08.07, 11:11 PM
Well it will be a miracle if this thing don't blow up on Saturday. I just changed my first fet:eek::eek:

GIHOSU
2009.08.09, 03:24 AM
Hey Guys, racing was great tonight. There were so many races that came down to the line, that's competition. Marty, that FET job was perfect. Your car looked great. Jamil got some setup tips and his cars are planted now, it was great to battle Z to Z with you in 015. Crop and Tom, I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. You guys are priceless. Eugene and his spankin new GT-R were simply ballistic. I'm going to open up the GT-R that I have and see how it compares to my Fairlady.

The Renault body is great, and the matched class is a blast. The 3-wide action in the A-main was so much fun to watch. I am going to build a chassis for this body instead of just changing body clips and putting it on my existing setups. The car was fun with both my 015 and my AWD.

As much as I love racing at ARCS, I am excited about the new location. I will miss the "off the beaten path" nature of the location, but the new place is going to inherit great energy and it can only get better. I feel like I should challenge everyone to find among their friends and aquaintences a new Mini-Z racer to get into racing at Al's. Like Roland said, Mini-Z racers are smarter than the average person. Show someone the light.

EMU
2009.08.09, 04:22 AM
Racing was fun tonight... I am going to miss the old place, lots of great memories there. But I am looking forward to breaking in the new place even more.

The most important question, what kind of floor is in the new place? Im hoping its flat. . . But if its not, thats fine... bumpy tracks add character, 3 dimensional thinking instead of 2 dimensional.

The DBR9 had no changes from Thursdays race, and performed well. The GTR surprised me, and Tom's Dog SLOW motor surprised me even more. I still need to gear it down one pinion. The Reflex spur with the Qteq diff on a ti shaft helped give me great acceleration, as though I was running a pinion lower. I feel like I was geared a little too high for the track, and plan to drop a pinion. Was going to do it tonight, but didnt get around to it.

I dropped the Renault Megane on my ATM spec car (with Qteq diff) that I ran at the PN race in stock class with the F430GT. I made no changes. low profile front tires are a must, I contemplated running Nascar front wheels with LM front tires... Which I think would work very well. The wheel also gives room to play with the offset of the tire on the wheel, to clear the body. Once the best tire offset is found, shave down the wheel to meet the outside of the tire so it is flush.

I really like the way the body handles... I thought it was going to be bad, but it is actually the best car I ran tonight. I think it is the only class that I did 40L in the main. Despite the fact that it is 70t, and my stock car has an ATM Standard Race USA motor which is a bit faster.

The Stock A main was fun. I know I was a couple laps up, but the battles going on around me were sick. I tried to make conservative passes, and not nose in where I shouldnt. Shafiq got out to a great start, and held 2nd place for more than half the race. As I was coming up to lap Tom and him, he hit a board and lost the position to Tom... Having to pull off with a broken body clip... Everyone else finished on the same lap... I wish I had watched the race. I tried to watch as much as I could while driving, but it was hard to see the opposite side of the track to where my car was...

k_bojar
2009.08.09, 09:47 AM
emu - Qteq diff??

something new?

sjm324
2009.08.09, 10:44 AM
WOW - missing a week of racing feels like missing a year. First of all
Congrats to AL on the new place. I think it is great that Al continues to
make sacrifices for all of us to have a place to race. Action RC is already great but will only get better. I have a lot of good memories at the old track but cant wait to make new memories at the new track. Knowing Al he will poor his heart and soul into this place to make it truly great. Cant wait.
Looking forward to some racing see everyone soon.

Adam

EMU
2009.08.09, 11:27 AM
Kaybo... Al should be getting some of the parts in...

http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/thumbnails/QT-081101-BL.jpg

http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/thumbnails/QT-080801-BL.jpg
http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT%2D080801%2DBL (]http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT%2D081101%2DBL[/url)

http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/thumbnails/QT-080802-BL.jpg
[url]http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT%2D080802%2DBL

http://www.reflexracing.net/MR02_build_part_1.asp
http://www.reflexracing.net/images/MR02_Build/MR02_diff_Build_28.jpg

J-Milz
2009.08.09, 12:14 PM
I had a ball last night at Action. Eugene "the warlock" TOUCHED my 02 & 015 cars, and changed a few radio settings and they became new beast. Thanks a bunch. Also thanks for the F1. I'm looking forward to racing at the new place, and if last night was any indication. Watch out!

bermbuster
2009.08.10, 08:20 PM
emu - Qteq diff??

something new?

new light and pretty trick. Combine it w a reflex 64 p spur you will have the lightest smoothest ball diff on earth.....
the stealth axle is the new hard anodized aluminum one from PN.....

CDR racing
2009.08.11, 02:20 AM
Hey Guys,
Just got back from working with Al at the new track. Just wanted to say that everything is moving along smoothly. The room is all prep-ed and nearly completely painted. Now just a matter of finishing some odds and ends and moving everything over. As I see it come together I'm getting very excited about racing there. It should be a fun place with some nice features and a welcome change from the current location. Can't wait to race there!

P.S. I think we all owe Al! Just realized he had to miss Tony Stewart winning at Watkins Glen today in order to get the track ready. Now thats sacrifice!

k_bojar
2009.08.11, 07:20 AM
P.S. I think we all owe Al! Just realized he had to miss Tony Stewart winning at Watkins Glen today in order to get the track ready. Now thats sacrifice!

shoot, i forgot all aboout the race being on TV yesterday - and i was at my house all day:mad::eek:

Al - sounds like the new place is gonna be awesome...I can't wait to see it!!

Fifty7
2009.08.11, 08:59 AM
Hey Guys,
Just got back from working with Al at the new track. Just wanted to say that everything is moving along smoothly. The room is all prep-ed and nearly completely painted. Now just a matter of finishing some odds and ends and moving everything over. As I see it come together I'm getting very excited about racing there. It should be a fun place with some nice features and a welcome change from the current location. Can't wait to race there!

The place definitely looked good with the fresh paint. I cant believe how much work they did in 2 days and how different it looked from 1 day to the next. Did they get all the blue down last night?

Fifty7
2009.08.11, 11:07 AM
new light and pretty trick. Combine it w a reflex 64 p spur you will have the lightest smoothest ball diff on earth.....
the stealth axle is the new hard anodized aluminum one from PN.....

2 guys both set these up on Thursday and it literally felt like there was NO diff. It was so smooth it felt like there was nothing there

minittrackmann
2009.08.11, 11:17 AM
I love theese diff parts. iwill never run anything else ever..

minittrackmann
2009.08.11, 01:27 PM
Sorry im confused this thursday or saturday willbe opening day???

Fifty7
2009.08.11, 01:54 PM
Sorry im confused this thursday or saturday willbe opening day???

Racing is definitely at the old place on Thursday. Plans to move everything on Friday and race Saturday at the new place

CDR racing
2009.08.11, 02:26 PM
The place definitely looked good with the fresh paint. I cant believe how much work they did in 2 days and how different it looked from 1 day to the next. Did they get all the blue down last night?

We painted until about 1:00 when we ran out of paint. Majority of the blue is down. I'd say about a quarter of the room left to go. My understanding was that Al is going to close the current track tonight to finish painting the new one. He should be putting an email out soon.

ActionRC
2009.08.11, 02:36 PM
Hey, everyone! Well, I am exhausted. We did so much work in the new place over the last two days, and it really looks like a different room than when we started. We ripped down walls, moved outlets, hung peg board, pulled up carpets, scraped floors, replaced ceiling tiles, and so many other projects that I cannot even remember them all. I do tend to jump into things, and I have had myself very nervous over the last few weeks, but seeing everyone's reaction to the new place and seeing it come along as well as it is coming is true motivation for me. Thank you to everyone who came down to give their support.

Very special thanks to Crop and Tom Sr for all of the demo work they did, patching walls, scraping, painting, etc. Every spare minute that they had in the last two days was spent at the new ARCMS. Crop even worked all day Sunday with us, went to a concert, came back Monday morning, went to football, practiced in over 90, and came back again at around 9:30 last night until 1:30 am. (We didn't finish up until 1:30am last night!)

Special thanks to my dad, who never gets to sit down because people are always calling him to help them with stuff. He is so handy, and even if half of his knowledge rubbed off on me I'd be a genius.

Special thanks to Marty, Adam, and Dominick's dad Joe who spent some time here and there whenever they could after work yesterday painting and scraping. It was great to see people spend even a few minutes doing something to help. I cannot thank everyone enough for their enthusiasm. It was a real motivator over the last two days.

Special thanks to Tom P for not lifting a finger, but making us laugh, in the few minutes that he did come by to see what was going on. Tom did not have a bad thing to say about the new place, and you know that that means it must be pretty gosh darn good!

Incredible thanks to Jeff, who spent a FULL two days with me. On Sunday we ripped down walls, made huge garbage piles, etc, but yesterday the goal was to paint the room top to bottom, and with me edging and doing other things, Jeff painted that entire room - every wall - himself FOUR TIMES! It looks amazing! He took a day off from work to help me yesterday, and we were BEAT by the end of the two days, but we kept going and going. I still cannot believe how much Jeff painted yesterday. I could not have been ready on time for Saturday without his workhorse-like painting skills. Unfortunately, we ran out of floor paint at about 1am, and broke a roller, and had to stop, which brings me to tonight...

I am not going to open the track tonight. Johnathan is away, Crop has football again, and I would like to get the floors completed, paint some woodwork, and clean the bathroom, so I will close tonight, but we will be back on Thursday for normal cash racing. Which brings me to Friday...

Friday I will be off from work again, and that will be U-Haul Day. The new room will be ready to go, and I will be bringing everything (and I mean everything) to the new place on Friday. Any volunteers would again be very appreciated for the many trips down the hallway that will be required. (Unloading will be MUCH easier!) (What happened to you yesterday Phil?)

Correction: The address of the new place is 4465 Arthur Kill Rd, not 4445 as previously stated. (Ed's picture was still correct, though. He must have "walked" down the Google block a little bit.)

Saturday racing was AWESOME!!! Aside from Eugene, we were all on the same lap, and finished within 5 seconds of each other! Crop beat me by one second for second, I beat Marty for third by 1/100 second, and Marty beat Tom, who was involved in a last lap crash that dropped him from 2nd to 5th, by 1.8 seconds. Shafiq had trouble after 30 laps, and Cody pulle dout early again even though he was running 10 seconds laps every lap!!!!! (He is so frustrating!!!) We ran bump-up Mains, which was a lot off fun, and in the B Crop beat Nat, Tom Sr, and Jamil by just short of a full lap, and Tom Sr and Nat finished just .28 seconds apart at the line as Tom edged Nat on the last corner! It was insane! Every race and almost every qualifier had crazy finishes like this! I could go on and on...

Please give some more thought to the Barack "Al"bama ARCMS Economic Stimulus Plan. I spent a FORTUNE at Home Depot this weekend, and the funds pot could really use some help to start making arrangments for the new signs and to get a few more things that I need for the new place. Remember - I will give you 10% added to whatever you give me over $100 for use in 45 days. The track really needs some funds right now to help with this growth spurt. Maybe I should call it the Bernie Madoff Plan?

Great racing, great racing to come, and keep your eyes open for more updates!

I did miss Tony Stewart's win yesterday, and I LOVE watching the roadcourse races, so I am so upset that I had to miss it, but I'll watch Victory Lane on Wednesday night when I am home and try to watch the highlites.

Back to work now - see everyone Thursday for the last night of racing at the current track!

Davey G
2009.08.11, 02:48 PM
Hey, everyone! Well, I am exhausted. We did so much work in the new place over the last two days, and it really looks like a different room than when we started. We ripped down walls, moved outlets, hung peg board, pulled up carpets, scraped floors, replaced ceiling tiles, and so many other projects that I cannot even remember them all. I do tend to jump into things, and I have had myself very nervous over the last few weeks, but seeing everyone's reaction to the new place and seeing it come along as well as it is coming is true motivation for me. Thank you to everyone who came down to give their support.

Very special thanks to Crop and Tom Sr for all of the demo work they did, patching walls, scraping, painting, etc. Every spare minute that they had in the last two days was spent at the new ARCMS. Crop even worked all day Sunday with us, went to a concert, came back Monday morning, went to football, practiced in over 90, and came back again at around 9:30 last night until 1:30 am. (We didn't finish up until 1:30am last night!)

Special thanks to my dad, who never gets to sit down because people are always calling him to help them with stuff. He is so handy, and even if half of his knowledge rubbed off on me I'd be a genius.

Special thanks to Marty, Adam, and Dominick's dad Joe who spent some time here and there whenever they could after work yesterday painting and scraping. It was great to see people spend even a few minutes doing something to help. I cannot thank everyone enough for their enthusiasm. It was a real motivator over the last two days.

Special thanks to Tom P for not lifting a finger, but making us laugh, in the few minutes that he did come by to see what was going on. Tom did not have a bad thing to say about the new place, and you know that that means it must be pretty gosh darn good!

Incredible thanks to Jeff, who spent a FULL two days with me. On Sunday we ripped down walls, made huge garbage piles, etc, but yesterday the goal was to paint the room top to bottom, and with me edging and doing other things, Jeff painted that entire room - every wall - himself FOUR TIMES! It looks amazing! He took a day off from work to help me yesterday, and we were BEAT by the end of the two days, but we kept going and going. I still cannot believe how much Jeff painted yesterday. I could not have been ready on time for Saturday without his workhorse-like painting skills. Unfortunately, we ran out of floor paint at about 1am, and broke a roller, and had to stop, which brings me to tonight...

I am not going to open the track tonight. Johnathan is away, Crop has football again, and I would like to get the floors completed, paint some woodwork, and clean the bathroom, so I will close tonight, but we will be back on Thursday for normal cash racing. Which brings me to Friday...

Friday I will be off from work again, and that will be U-Haul Day. The new room will be ready to go, and I will be bringing everything (and I mean everything) to the new place on Friday. Any volunteers would again be very appreciated for the many trips down the hallway that will be required. (Unloading will be MUCH easier!) (What happened to you yesterday Phil?)

Correction: The address of the new place is 4465 Arthur Kill Rd, not 4445 as previously stated. (Ed's picture was still correct, though. He must have "walked" down the Google block a little bit.)

Saturday racing was AWESOME!!! Aside from Eugene, we were all on the same lap, and finished within 5 seconds of each other! Crop beat me by one second for second, I beat Marty for third by 1/100 second, and Marty beat Tom, who was involved in a last lap crash that dropped him from 2nd to 5th, by 1.8 seconds. Shafiq had trouble after 30 laps, and Cody pulle dout early again even though he was running 10 seconds laps every lap!!!!! (He is so frustrating!!!) We ran bump-up Mains, which was a lot off fun, and in the B Crop beat Nat, Tom Sr, and Jamil by just short of a full lap, and Tom Sr and Nat finished just .28 seconds apart at the line as Tom edged Nat on the last corner! It was insane! Every race and almost every qualifier had crazy finishes like this! I could go on and on...

Please give some more thought to the Barack "Al"bama ARCMS Economic Stimulus Plan. I spent a FORTUNE at Home Depot this weekend, and the funds pot could really use some help to start making arrangments for the new signs and to get a few more things that I need for the new place. Remember - I will give you 10% added to whatever you give me over $100 for use in 45 days. The track really needs some funds right now to help with this growth spurt. Maybe I should call it the Bernie Madoff Plan?

Great racing, great racing to come, and keep your eyes open for more updates!

I did miss Tony Stewart's win yesterday, and I LOVE watching the roadcourse races, so I am so upset that I had to miss it, but I'll watch Victory Lane on Wednesday night when I am home and try to watch the highlites.

Back to work now - see everyone Thursday for the last night of racing at the current track!

Al you sound winded? What??? Have you been busy or something?? :)

CDR racing
2009.08.11, 09:15 PM

Ahh. The benefits of being a Dale Jr. fan. We can just relax hang out in the pool(*cough* knock a wall down at Al's*cough*) miss the race and not miss a whole lot! Go Dale Jr. lol

k_bojar
2009.08.11, 09:26 PM
I love theese diff parts. iwill never run anything else ever..

hmmm...guess I need to do a little mini-z shopping before i come up ;) :D

LogicBytes
2009.08.12, 09:52 AM

http://cds010.dc1.lapbylap.nascar.com/d4h2w4i3/cds/player2.html?dopvhost=lapbylap.nascar.com Enjoy Al! (or anyone else that missed the race)

Can't wait till Saturday to see the new place.

Fifty7
2009.08.12, 02:59 PM
Ahh. The benefits of being a Dale Jr. fan. We can just relax hang out in the pool(*cough* knock a wall down at Al's*cough*) miss the race and not miss a whole lot! Go Dale Jr. lol

You missed another stellar finish and a face plant into the tire wall:p:p

ActionRC
2009.08.12, 03:46 PM
Dave - I am truly exhausted. Last night we finished up the floors, painted some moldings, cleared up the entire floor to get it ready for the steam cleaner, etc. I am taking a night off to see my kids and wife for the first time in days. I need a break.

Thanks to Adam, Joe and Dominick once again for stopping by last night and helping out alot, as well as keeping me company. We finished at 11:30. I would have been much later if it were just me. I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the help that so many of you have provided. I really appreciate it.

Crop - Your quote had me histerical about Dale Jr.! I hate to see him have all of the bad luck he has. He is so good for the sport, and the Junior Nation is so strong that it would be a real hit for NASCAR if it broke up. He creates a bond of fans that keeps NASCAR tight, and breaking up that group by fans going over to different drivers would water down the income of the sport, which wouldn't be good for NASCAR. I hope he does better this weekend, but I am really happy to see Tony do so well.

Kev - You need to do some Mini-Z shopping AFTER you come up!!!

Mike - I didn't know NASCAR had a lap by lap video log after the race. I wish I could just sit here at work and watch it. Even just seeing it for a few seconds just now had my arm hairs on end and my eyes tearing. It was very emotional for me. I am going through serious racing withdrawals - both NASCAR and Mini-Z!

See everyone tomorrow for the final race night on Ellis!

LogicBytes
2009.08.12, 08:08 PM
Mike - I didn't know NASCAR had a lap by lap video log after the race. I wish I could just sit here at work and watch it. Even just seeing it for a few seconds just now had my arm hairs on end and my eyes tearing. It was very emotional for me. I am going through serious racing withdrawals - both NASCAR and Mini-Z!

I didnt either till I went to watch the Pennsylvania 500 last Tuesday night that I DVR'd only to find out it was rained out and they ran on Monday. If you let it play it autoplays each lap from the start of the race. It's also hard to see since the ad for Race view with JR slightly covers the corner but there is a drop down there and they have the previous 4 races to choose from.

Mike

k_bojar
2009.08.13, 12:42 AM
Kev - You need to do some Mini-Z shopping AFTER you come up!!!

trust me, I'll still spend $$ up at your place :):D

ActionRC
2009.08.13, 03:22 PM
I was so annoyed yesterday! I went to watch Victory Lane and it didn't Tivo the correct show because it wasn't on on Sunday and wasn't scheduled on Monday so it didn't Tivo Monday either! I really wanted to see what happened to Jeff Gordon. I'll have to check youtube or scan through the laps on NASCAR's site.

Hope everyone is well, and I'll see you all tonight for the final Ellis Street night!!!

jackg
2009.08.13, 04:19 PM
can't wait too race tonight. Al moving is great and crappy at the same time. We are still unpacking and with so much floor space I almost gave in to the temptation of running my car around the new house to chase the dog. She thinks it's some kind of robot mouse and tends to try to kill it though. She chomped a nascar body(Tony Stewart-Home Depot) while I was "testing" a new motor last year. I just can't wait to get back to the track. I miss the whole scene. It's like an Elks lodge or Knights of Columbus or something except with mini-z's instead of kegs...:D I will have the taco truck tonight and my batteries are charging. -j

LogicBytes
2009.08.13, 08:18 PM
Check out lap 62 or 63 for the crash! Hornish came flying off the Tire barrier back onto the track and Gordon had nowhere to go.

GIHOSU
2009.08.14, 02:48 AM
Hey Guys,

I had alot of fun tonight and I am really glad that I was a part of the last night of racing at ARCS on Ellis St. It's great that Al is able to capitalize on the current economy and move to a better location.

Saturday night will be fun, we just have to figure out how to contain Harry Potter. He is threatening to jump through windows, I can only wonder at what kinds of tricks he has up his sleaves. Maybe he really does need a VIP room.

Even though I flipped my car TWICE!!! in the A-main I was happy to finish behind a bunch of good Buddies.

Thanks for the memories...

EMU
2009.08.14, 03:23 AM
Im glad to have participated in the final race at Ellis, and look forward to racing on Arthur Kill. I hope there are more new and old faces...

My AWD assembly and race on the same day was a relative success... I started with a Limited edition chassis kit at about 7:30pm, and it was on the track for the 2nd qualifier. I threw some batteries in my MR015 DBR9 for the first qualifier, that I thought had enough charge to run the 5 minute heat. They didnt. I dumped with about a minute to go, and tried to coast as much as I could to the line. I was able to finish, but not after losing the top spot to Tom.

I may not have won with the AWD, or even beaten Al. . . but I think it is in good shape, with a couple tweaks, I think it will be pretty good. I wanted to do development on something new, rather than just race what I know is good. I think it made it interesting for everyone, since I was learning how to drive the car and not running away with the race. It became anybodies race at the start of the main... I really cant recap the race, except that I know I hit many boards, none more than the one on the rhythem section that doesnt have the groove around it. Marty had a good start, and ran away with the race by running fast and clean. He did manage to put Potter on his roof going 3 wide through the rhythem section. I gave way for Marty to pass for the lap, when Tom wanted to sneak in. . . I wasnt having that :P Congrats on the win Marty.

As the tires broke in the car started to run better and better. When they get worn a bit, I think the car will handle more predictable. I need to get some 1.5d knuckles, and do some spring and tire tweaks, and I think the car will be a bit better... Maybe Kyosho 40d radial fronts with 30d rears... I dont know yet... but it didnt feel that bad with the kit narrow tires. Parts that were not in the kit that I used :
Reflex Alu main shaft
Kyosho 1.5d rear alloy tierod
ATM 29t spur (fits tighter on the shaft than the Kyosho)
ATM front ball diff w/ATM ceramic diff balls and thrust bearing
ATM 3mm F/4mm R narrow wheels (I believe tires were 30d slicks all around, kit tires)
ATM wheelnuts
ATM springs (RCP set, Green rear yellow front)
ATM alloy rear end. I dont think this was a necessary part
ATM composite front cover. I dont think this was a necessary part

Without the last two ATM parts, I think the car would have handled almost exactly the same. I just used them for added durability, and bling factor :P

The car had a lot of chatter, which I think was coming from the fact that the front suspension had no travel under the body. That will be remedied for next run... I didnt notice that until Al pointed it out after the race. I didnt have time to test fit, and analyze the fit on the body... I had to do dremel work right before hitting the track to get the front lip lowered around the corners. Going to shave it smooth and remove unneccessary bits before next race.

The X-Speed is plenty fast, but I was overgeared. I needed a little less speed on the straight, and a little more pull through the corners. The motor almost has no drag brake... even after I disabled the Virtual Inertia... It got a bit better, but not much. I am going to leave it in for now... but eventually switch to the ATM USA motor to prepare for the PN/ATM series, where I cant really run my other AWD...

Fifty7
2009.08.14, 08:39 AM
Thanks Emu. It was a lot of fun and i got lucky not to get tangled up in the 2 or 3 first lap crashes that happened, i started out with a pretty good lead and was able to stay clean. My car has plenty of speed (which we have all seen is not all that important) but i need to work on holding a better line and getting back on throttle faster after a turn. All in all this was definitely my best run i can remember 35 of my 38 laps were consistently in the 10's and 11's and my 3 "bad" laps were 12's. If we had another minute (or even 30 seconds) it would have gotten very interesting between me an Al because he was absolutely catching me.

"Shaquif":p Dont worry about Tom and windows. The windows he's threatening to go through have no glass in them, they are just frames so we'll be ok.

It's time to put all the Ellis st memories in the bank and start makin new ones starting Saturday. See everyone there. :D:D:D

ZYHAC
2009.08.14, 10:54 AM
Hey all how are you all doing? I see you all are doing some great racing and I wish I was there to join but right now I am back in Iraq enjoying the heat. Oh well, but I will be home around January so all please have an 02 ready for me to buy cause all my cars are in storage. Other than that I am here bored as hell and need something to do. I am good so no worries about me comming home cause I am not doing anything literally. But hit me up on my email address if you get a chance cause I am not really on here much for now. Also I will give you all the address here cause that is the best way to get me out here.
But I am going to get out of here for now just checking up on you guys and seeing how things r going. See you all soon.

Darrel
Zyhac069@yahoo.com

Scrapper
2009.08.14, 04:47 PM
al are you open saturday

minittrackmann
2009.08.14, 05:02 PM
O man, cannot wait till tomorrow. Ill make sure I get that first A main win at the new place ;)

Dave I did not forget about your radio. You will have it tomorrow;)

Cant wait!

Fifty7
2009.08.15, 12:56 AM
its 1am. Track is in computer is up and running All ready for tomorrows first race. We are going home.

TomSr
2009.08.15, 01:59 AM
its 1am. Track is in computer is up and running All ready for tomorrows first race. We are going home.

The new place looks great and Al put down a nice track layout! The pit views over looking the track's action through wide wall windows is unique and exciting. Even the grand stands are back at trackside at the lap counter to watch our always exciting finishes. Looking forward to breaking in the new ARCMS tomorrow night. (Looking forward to getting some sleep and resting my aching back right now first...)

CDR racing
2009.08.15, 02:27 AM
Well, after a 14 hour day, not to mention the days earlier in the week, ITS OVER! I think I speak for everyone who has stepped foot in the new place so far when i say thank god! Although it was a lot of work, we had a lot of laughs and good times this week.( I guess thats bound to happen when you spend 14 hours with Tom P.) I can officially say i was the second to last person in the old room and the last one out of the building. It was a little sad to walk out of the Ellis St. store for the last time, and i felt bad that I didn't get to be a part of the last race night there, but by 1am(yes 1am!) when we left the new place I was over that and excited to head back there later today and start some more good times. I just hope Al's insurance plan is good for all the bumps, bruises and aches we left with tonight. My dad and Tom are gunna need back surgery and I think all of us will need a stretcher to get out of the house tomorrow. But anyway its late and im gunna get some z's. Hope we get a nice turnout later today for the first night of racing. Also big thanks to Tom P for his work, Valerie Alswife for the donuts and sandwiches, and U-Haul for making this move even somewhat possible. Ok well i'm tired...see everyone in 12 hours!

Scrapper
2009.08.15, 06:21 AM
i cant wait to see the new store

Scrapper
2009.08.15, 06:26 AM
al i might need someone to pick me up from the train station if shafiq doesnt answer my call

do you think you could pick me up from there if needed just so i could find out where it is

CDR racing
2009.08.15, 11:38 AM
Stu- When are you gunna realize that al is not on here 24/7? lol. I'll pass the message along to him that you need a ride from the station. But from now on just call because he's typically not on here except for weekdays when he's at work.

sjm324
2009.08.15, 11:55 AM
Just want to say I am looking forward to the new place. Action Rc will only get better. Due to some family obligations, I wont be making it tonight. Have fun everybody, the place will be off the hook. See everyone Soon
Adam

Scrapper
2009.08.15, 11:56 AM
looks like im getting a ride with shafiq

jackg
2009.08.15, 01:53 PM
i am going to try to make it over for at least the 1st round of qualifing but i'm not sure . i want that first c main 5th place;) -j

EMU
2009.08.16, 02:04 AM
First day at the new track was nice. It has a slightly different feel, but not too much different. I think its the blue floors that make it feel like Action RC! That and the bumps in the track ;)

Running counter clockwise tonight made it a little more difficult. All of my cars have slight tweak in them to run clockwise. With a few minor adjustments to the cars, and a lot of adjustments to my driving, it went pretty well. Except for stock, where my transponder got loose and started dragging on my rear left wheel. I had to mount the transponder in the back of the body, in the front there is no room. In the middle of the body, it doesnt count... so I had to go to the back of the body.

The springs I had in the AWD at the start were WAY too stiff. The car was bouncing all over the place. After I swapped out to softer springs (ATM blue front, stock AWD rear), the car felt much better. I need to try a few other springs, and possibly wide rear tires.

015 and Megane classes were fun. No changes to the cars were made, just popped batteries in and drove. I thought about changing the tires on the Megane, but that will come next week. It didnt really need new tires, but I know it would feel a little cleaner with them. Right now its a little sloppy, its good, but not to the point that I can drive 1 inch off the apex like I want.

The 015 had a few traction rolls today. I keep forgetting that I have to slow down more before the turn, and get on throttle entering turn 1. Going in hot, is not the way to do it. I think the fastest lap of the night was in 015, with a 10.28s lap. I got a 10.32s lap with the Megane. I dont remember what I did with the AWD, but it was probably around 10.8s. . . so it was well off my general pace. It is still in refinement, and there was pretty good development today.

minittrackmann
2009.08.16, 02:12 AM
Cant wait til nextSaturday. Honestly love the new placee. Cant wait to run Renault. Im gunna win the A with the body Tom says is undrivable haha..

See you guys!

EMU
2009.08.16, 02:25 AM
Cody, you really think you have a chance of beating me with the Renault?

Congrats on the win today ;) Even if my card did not rub my wheel, I dont know if I would have had pace to keep up or even catch you. Next time...

k_bojar
2009.08.16, 05:56 AM
well...any pics of the new place? :)

Al, Crap and Marty all need to get some sleep after putting all those hours into getting the new place ready

Can't wait to see it...

Scrapper
2009.08.16, 12:39 PM
al i enjoyed last night and
will be back next week

as for now just waiting for time to get my bus to my boarding school

CDR racing
2009.08.16, 03:02 PM
Al, Crap and Marty all need to get some sleep after putting all those hours into getting the new place ready

I totally agree, but excuse you?

minittrackmann
2009.08.16, 03:07 PM
My renault was pretty good last week. I did not use the same tires as you.

PN 6 deg radials
Kyosho 30 Radials brand new

Felt great on the car.

J-Milz
2009.08.16, 08:20 PM
I luv the new place! Here is my top ten list of why this place is better than the last!
10-I like that there is no glitching by the starting line.
9-You don't have to walk two flights of stairs to race, or wait for that slow elevator.
8-You can keep some of your equipment in the car, and not clutter up the tables.
7-Outsiders can now see how much fun we're having at a glance.
6-You can actually find the track
5-No loud music from the guys next door
4-when people take a smoke break instead of marshaling you can actually see them, and wave them in.
3-Its bigger, more open floor plan provides potential for a drivers stand
2-No possums (not yet)
1-You don't get that pre-raped feeling when you leave at 12 am and walk to your car

TomSr
2009.08.16, 09:55 PM
I want to also offer Al my thanks for what's he done to create a better, safer, more convenient track for us to race at. I think Jamil's top 10 are right on target.

The new ARCMS is great and the first night of racing there was a blast. I'll be wrapped up the next few Saturday nights but can not wait to get back there again to race. My cars felt really good last night and I hate the fact that I need to take a few weeks off.

I hope all racers make an effort to come out and support what Al's done for us. Let's pack the place every race night - to both have fun and to help Al recover from the costs associated with creating this new and improved racing environment for us to enjoy.

Thank you Al!

CDR racing
2009.08.17, 12:59 AM
1-You don't get that pre-raped feeling when you leave at 12 am and walk to your car

Whats this I hear? A cop is afraid of walking to his car in the dark? Man, gotta love New York's finest! Haha but yes I definitely agree with Jamil's top 10. The first night at the new Action RC was a blast. Based on the first night of racing there, I think we'll have no problem making tons of new memories there. It seems like everyone's skill was held back by the old place for some reason. Something about the new atmosphere made a lot of guys(except Tom:D) have good runs. Dominick, CDR racing, Marty all had great runs last night, just to name a few. It has been a stressful week for everyone working on the new track since last Sunday.(Yes, we got that room done in six days. I think Jeff has some pictures of what it looked like on Sunday afternoon and its not pretty!) It was nice to see everything come to fruition last night and see the track up and running. Its looking better and better as they days go on, and its not even 100% finalized yet. I'm glad so many guys turned out to and there was nothing but positive comments about the place. (Again, except for Tom complaining about the layout as usual:D) I definitely had a rough time adjusting to running the opposite direction from the opposite end of the track. By the third qualifier I was starting to get it down and finally got in some good runs. Unfortunately I didn't have enough car or energy to pull of one off a win in any of the first races at the new tracks, only the first loser in the A. But regardless there were some great battles and racing was a blast. Can't wait for next week!

http://i27.tinypic.com/mu8vg3.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2cdlk0.jpg
I guess the battle for the first win at the new track got a little too intense.:D
http://i25.tinypic.com/2rdf8cp.jpg
Who needs that old dude from Six Flags? (Cue We Like To Party music)
P.S. Who can tell whats wrong with this picture? (No, Stugotz is not an accepted answer:p) Haha jk stu.

EMU
2009.08.17, 01:18 AM
Its reverse psychology Crop, wouldnt you go the opposite direction of where Stu was telling you to go ;)

Fifty7
2009.08.17, 08:50 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/mu8vg3.jpg
http://i32.tinypic.com/2cdlk0.jpg
I guess the battle for the first win at the new track got a little too intense.:D
http://i25.tinypic.com/2rdf8cp.jpg
Who needs that old dude from Six Flags? (Cue We Like To Party music)
P.S. Who can tell whats wrong with this picture? (No, Stugotz is not an accepted answer:p) Haha jk stu.

Crop, the real reason is that i know who put the speakers on the window ledge and was afraid of them coming down:p

As for the picture EMU beat us to it but there is something else. Why is Nat taking a picture of Stu's A$$.

I'm a bachelor this week so I'll be there Tuesday and Thursday and hopefully we get a little rain for the weekend and I'll stick around for Saturday.

Is there any chance that anyone has a police car light bar from a plastic model kit (1/24th scale or smaller) they can give up?

ActionRC
2009.08.17, 01:30 PM
Well, we made it through the first night! I am so happy that it went well, and that all of you enjoyed the new place. It is a very different atmosphere (with the exception of the blue floors, as Eugene pointed out), but I like it alot it will become only better as we get the place decorated again, get the inventory completely up and organized, etc. All of your kind words really mean a lot to me at this time. I haven't felt stress and physical exhaustion like this in a long time, and it is a very discouraging feeling, but knowing that all of you guys like the new place provides a tremendous amount of boost, motivation, and encouragement for me.

Thursday night at the old track was a little tough for me, knowing that I was leaving a proven good thing and stepping into the unknown, and knowing what was ahead on Friday. It was also sad to leave a place with such amazing memories. We had amazing racing on Thursday, and like Marty said, I had a real shot at the A-main win if I had another 90 seconds or so. Marty and I in particular ran so clean and had a great battle for the lead. He ran almost flawlessly. We had so many great races on Thursday.

Friday was exhausting. I was at the new place just before 8am for Verizon Fios to do what they had to do. By 9am I was at three different U-Hauls trying to find one that someone had not returned with the interior lights left on, therefore leaving me with dead batteries. By 11am, Tom Sr, Crop, Tom and I were all boxing, bagging, lifting, carrying, loading, going up and down steps, etc etc etc packing and moving the old place. (That hallway really was LONG!) We finished the last trip at around 11pm, and with the help of Joe and Dominick, got rid of all of the garbage, set up the new track, and so much else. The most difficult part of the day was moving the bleachers. They were very heavy and awkward to get down the stairs, but we did it, even if we did break a few staircase bulbs along the way. I cannot thank everyone enough who helped this move become a reality. It was much harder work than I anticipated, and I could not have afforded to hire people to help with this, so everyone volunteering like they did was instrumental to the future of the track, and for that we are all thankful. I cannot believe the amount of work we did and the transformation that we accomplished in just 6 days. After a very long Friday, we left after 1am, I returned the U-Haul, and I was in bed by 2:50am - beat.

On Saturday morning Crop and I were back at it again. We still had so much work to do to get ready for 3:00. As most of you, I didn't race. I still had most of my stuff packed, and although I wanted to keep working while the races were going on, I just couldn't. I could barely walk by 6:00. I was mentally and physically drained. I did have a nice time watching and calling the races, and I look forward to getting more settled in this week. I am so glad that you all like it, and I cannot wait to start racing again.

Darrel - Great to hear from you! I don't know how a soldier in Iraq could be BORED with NOTHING to do, but I am glad you are safe, and hope you can return soon. I admire that you followed your calling.

Jack - We missed you Saturday, but hopefully you'll get to make it this week.

Eugene - I didn't want you to be completely homesick, so I strategically put some bumps on the track. The floors there are actually very smooth, wiht he exception of some very stuborn carpet glue that we could not get up, but I'll keep trying. As a race fan, I don't know of any track - oval or road - that is perfectly smooth, so consider the bumps added realism! (Your Stugotz pic comments were hilarious! No wonder I saw so many cars turning around out there.)

Cody - The first official non-working customer! I am really glad that you liked the new place. Thanks for helping out with the return of Lil' Joe and B also.

Stugotz - Stugotz, Stugotz. So much to say. I was really glad you were able to make it and enjoy the first day out. You dancing in the street with the sign was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. I am so glad we have that on video - it must go in one of the corners of the home page!

Shafiq - Sorry you had to leave early - you had some gerat runs.

Kaybo - I didn't want to take any real pics because the place really isn't finished, but by Saturday it should be pretty close.

Jamil - You are the funniest guy ever. I was really glad that you were able to make it, and that you ran so well in such a short time. I won't ask how a guy of your stature knows what a pre-rape feeling feels like, but we'll leave it at that.

Tom Sr - Thank you so much for all of your back-breaking work this week. You are right-on about the safety aspect of the old track, and it was the main decision factor in moving. While nothing ever actually happened there to make me feel unsafe for certain, I understand what you mean. (Jamil's fear of being raped, Crop's fear of cats, and Tom's fear of whatever that was under his car when I smashed my car into the pole may have given some reason for real concern, but other than that it was just a feeling.) I think the new track is much more welcoming for new people and seasoned veterans.

Marty - I actually have working police lights in stock! They will be great for the project your planning. Thanks for all of your help this week, and I'll see you tomorrow.

For those who were curious about what happened on Saturday with the sign, I spoke to the sign guy today, and they are installing it today. The installer didn't know which place to go to for some reason, even though it was explained to him in person on Friday in great detail. Either way, his boss explained to him exactly what to do, so it should be done today, or people will be going to A to Z Auto Body thinking it's Action RC.

Like Tom Sr said, let's pack the track tomorrow night and show all of the new people who should be coming what Mini-Z racing is all about! Everyone who raced Saturday is FREE on Tuesday! Thank you to everyone for a very exciting beginning to a new era.

JeremyC
2009.08.17, 02:00 PM
I am interested in Z's and would like to check the scene out before buying.

How would you recommend getting to the track? I am coming from Brooklyn and will be taking my Bike+public transport.

Jer

PS: When would be a good time to come check it out?

ActionRC
2009.08.17, 02:01 PM
PS - Points are updated on the website!

Highlites:
- Check out the Stock and Renault Div 1 Points Leader!
- Check out Jamil, Mike and Joe in every class!!!
- Look who's tied with Eugene in Stock Div 1!
- Check out the 015 Div 1 Points Leader!
- Check out the battle for Renault Div 2!

A great start to an exciting points series!

ActionRC
2009.08.17, 02:09 PM
I am interested in Z's and would like to check the scene out before buying.

How would you recommend getting to the track? I am coming from Brooklyn and will be taking my Bike+public transport.

Jer

PS: When would be a good time to coming check it out?

Jer,

Thanks for checking out our forum. As you can see, we have a great crowd of fun drivers, a brand new facility, and a very friendly yet competitive environment. While I am no expert at PT, especially since we've only been at the new place for one day, I see the S74 bus passing by all day, and it has a stop right in front of the track (across the street.) There is also the Atlantic and Nassau train stations nearby, which are close enough by bike, but I wouldn't want to walk it from the train.

The best day for a new driver to check things out is Tuesday night. It is our open practice night. On Thursday we have plenty of practice too, but we also run Gift Card racing. Saturday is points racing, which is our busiest day. Whatever day you can come, we'll accomodate you. Just make sure that if you plan on coming on a Saturday, come early, as we'll need to get you in the computer, help you get set up and get your car running, and you'll want to get some practice in before 6:00 racing.

Check out the website, and feel free to contact me directly via email or communicate with me and all of the VERY helpful people that are on our thread on this forum. You have a wealth of information and beginner friendly people right here at your fingertips.

See you soon hopefully!

CDR racing
2009.08.17, 02:17 PM
Al- Must have been an issue uploading pdf to the website. Points on the the website are still from last week.

minittrackmann
2009.08.17, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately dont think Illbe making up thisSaturday. Tropical storm Bill is headed West North West, sending long period 6-8 footers here Saturday and Sunday. Best waves weve had all summer :)

So Ill try and come up Thursday!

Fifty7
2009.08.17, 02:57 PM
Now that's a good start to the points series. Nice and close with some room for improvement (drops). Crop has been running great and i give him a lot of credit (especially for this week when he was too tired to even be there), but i have 1 question. As good as you've been in stock & Renault what the hell is up with 015? Get working on that car.:p

Crop - Now that i see you're on FB too, i really think we should talk to Al about setting up a page on there. Nothing fancy, just some pictures of the place and contact information. The way things spread around that site, I'll be shocked if it doesn't get a few new people in there. What do you think?

CDR racing
2009.08.17, 03:15 PM
Crop - Now that i see you're on FB too, i really think we should talk to Al about setting up a page on there. Nothing fancy, just some pictures of the place and contact information. The way things spread around that site, I'll be shocked if it doesn't get a few new people in there. What do you think?

I'm all for it. I've brought it up a couple times. I'd even be happy to monitor it for him and post updates since juggling email and this forum and work at the same time is tough as it is. There's actually quite a few guys from the track there. I definitely think it would grow pretty fast.

CDR racing
2009.08.17, 03:18 PM
P.S.- Marty im confused? when you looked at the points they were updated? when i pull them up they still only have weeks 1 and 2 on there?

ActionRC
2009.08.17, 03:54 PM
Crop - I checked the last update time and date on the points on my file manager for the website, and it did say I updated it today. I did it again just now to play it safe, and I hit the points button and the correct points pulled up. Maybe your computer stinks? :rolleyes:

Marty - I would love to be on F******k, MySpace, YourSpace, OuterSpace - whatever is out there. Like Crop said, it is just very difficult to stay on top of all of this, make sure there are no fires to put out, make sure everyone is well-behaved, etc. Tommy from LI started a thread on another popular forum a while back, RC Tech, but I just cannot keep up with it all. If anypne feels like putting it up there and getting it started, I'd be happy to do what I could to keep it updated, etc. I don't even use MySpace or F******k for myself on a personal basis - I just don't want to get started with it and have to keep up with it.

Cody - I could certainly understand taking advantage of an unusual natural occurance. Have fun, be careful, and we'll see you Thursday hopefully.

CDR racing
2009.08.17, 04:27 PM
Crop - I checked the last update time and date on the points on my file manager for the website, and it did say I updated it today. I did it again just now to play it safe, and I hit the points button and the correct points pulled up. Maybe your computer stinks? :rolleyes:

Marty - I would love to be on F******k, MySpace, YourSpace, OuterSpace - whatever is out there. Like Crop said, it is just very difficult to stay on top of all of this, make sure there are no fires to put out, make sure everyone is well-behaved, etc. Tommy from LI started a thread on another popular forum a while back, RC Tech, but I just cannot keep up with it all. If anypne feels like putting it up there and getting it started, I'd be happy to do what I could to keep it updated, etc. I don't even use MySpace or F******k for myself on a personal basis - I just don't want to get started with it and have to keep up with it.

Cody - I could certainly understand taking advantage of an unusual natural occurance. Have fun, be careful, and we'll see you Thursday hopefully.

Al- Let me know if you want me to and I'd be happy to get a f******k going for you. I'll monitor it for you if you want and set it up with an email address and password we can both use to keep track of things. I check my f******k pretty much daily so it wouldn't be a problem at all to keep another one going as well. And as for your, post, I know myspace and f******k are a bit of a stretch for you...but you've been in outerspace for quite some time now.:D:p

minittrackmann
2009.08.17, 05:02 PM
Yesss. Swell held off, and will be more into Sunday morning. Looks like Iwill be seeing you guys Saturdayy!

Fifty7
2009.08.17, 11:11 PM
Crop. Yes I checked the points this afternoon and they were right. Talk to me next tome I see you about FB I was thinking about starting a group with pictures sone info and a link to the website. Nothing drastic and not alot of maintenance. Like Al said. Takes too much time to play babysitter and make sure everyones being nice. I check mine all the time and it's in my phone so I'm hardly ever off it and definately would like to help out.

CDR racing
2009.08.17, 11:36 PM
Marty- Yeah we will figure it out. I dont think theres much to worry about with people behaving though. I don't mind keeping an eye on it but it shouldn't be an issue. It's different than a forum so theres generally not much "misbehaving" going on and i doubt there will even be many posts on it. Just a good way to post some updates about the track, race recap and results, etc. and to get the name out there and let it spread. I don't think it will be a problem.

philly123
2009.08.19, 02:01 AM
going to try to race this saturday or atleast stop by to check out the new place.

ActionRC
2009.08.19, 05:04 PM
It was great to see everyone last night, and great to see some people walking in off the street that now know about the track. Last night was the first night with the sign up, and it seems to be working already!

Let's make Thursday night a HUGE one!!! More racers = more prizes!

(Crop started working on the F******k page last night for all of those who are interested.)

ShortBus
2009.08.19, 08:06 PM
how do you find the f******k stuff?

jeff

CDR racing
2009.08.19, 08:55 PM
Action RC is now on f******k! I created a fan page for the track. Anyone who is on f******k please send a suggestion to your friends who might be interested and help Action RC spread. The site is still a work in progress. I'll be working on it more the next few days and it should be all done soon. Just need to get some pics of the new place on saturday to put up there. Not sure why, but the HTML code for the widget for the fan page isnt working. So here's the URL for now. I'll work on getting the widget to work. F******k must be glitchy the last couple of days I'm having a few issues editing things.

http://www.f******k.com/developers/wizard.php?page_id=118883928478#/pages/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway/118883928478

k_bojar
2009.08.19, 09:51 PM
Action RC is now on f******k! I created a fan page for the track. Anyone who is on f******k please send a suggestion to your friends who might be interested and help Action RC spread. The site is still a work in progress. I'll be working on it more the next few days and it should be all done soon. Just need to get some pics of the new place on saturday to put up there. Not sure why, but the HTML code for the widget for the fan page isnt working. So here's the URL for now. I'll work on getting the widget to work. F******k must be glitchy the last couple of days I'm having a few issues editing things.

http://www.f******k.com/developers/wizard.php?page_id=118883928478#/pages/Action-RC-Mini-Speedway/118883928478

looks cool :)

CDR racing
2009.08.19, 09:57 PM
P.S.- I apologize to anyone who is on f******k already if I'm loading you up with notifications about things being added to the page. After the next couple days once all the info is up it should settle down lol.

J-Milz
2009.08.20, 12:52 AM
Looking good Crop, keep up the good work!!

Fifty7
2009.08.20, 12:13 PM
Any chance we will be seeing a Taco Truck at the new location for the 1st time tonight?

PadrinoNY
2009.08.20, 01:56 PM
Hey guys I'm a newbie and was wondering if it would be cool to stop in tonight and check the place out....... :cool:

Fifty7
2009.08.20, 02:17 PM
Hey guys I'm a newbie and was wondering if it would be cool to stop in tonight and check the place out....... :cool:

Newbies always welcome. Track opens at 7pm. Thursday is usually a busy night so there is enough guys to split up in groups and your racing against people of the same skill level.

ActionRC
2009.08.20, 03:00 PM
Padrino - Definitely come out tonight and check out Action RC! You will have a great time, but I could almost guarantee you will not meet anyone who could help you with your off-track love of going sideways! ;)

Crop - Thank you so much - it looks great so far!

Jack - We would LOVE tacos tonight! (Make some sideways for Padrino!)

Air conditioning should be starting up rigggghhhhhht NOW! 3:00!

CDR racing
2009.08.20, 03:45 PM
Hey guys, f******k page is pretty much finished now. All thats left(I think) is to take some pictures of the new track Saturday, and to have you guys send the page to your friends and help it spread! Al, and anyone else that has become of a fan of the page, take a look through it and see if there is anything I missed or any suggestions for something else to put on.

P.S.- I just put up some information for all the guys coming from the city(Eugene, Stu, William, Etc.) about the S74 bus route that runs from the ferry all along Arthur Kill. Might be a longer trip, but if you guys don't feel like taking the walk from the train station, the bus leaves you right up the block from the track, and the stop to go back to the ferry is right across the street.

PadrinoNY
2009.08.20, 03:57 PM
Padrino - Definitely come out tonight and check out Action RC! You will have a great time, but I could almost guarantee you will not meet anyone who could help you with your off-track love of going sideways! ;)

Crop - Thank you so much - it looks great so far!

Jack - We would LOVE tacos tonight! (Make some sideways for Padrino!)

Air conditioning should be starting up rigggghhhhhht NOW! 3:00!

LOL :D Thats funny I should hopefully be there and see whats going on somewhere else for a change...... LOL That was to funny......

Fifty7
2009.08.20, 03:59 PM
Ac?? I hope so. Crop I sent you a pm on f******k. The fan page I not setup to accept messages and you can't post pictures on the wall so there is no way to send you pics to add to the album. Gotta check the settings.

CDR racing
2009.08.20, 04:23 PM
Ac?? I hope so. Crop I sent you a pm on f******k. The fan page I not setup to accept messages and you can't post pictures on the wall so there is no way to send you pics to add to the album. Gotta check the settings.

Marty- I got your PM and sent a reply. I didn't realize that apparently theres no way to send messages to the page since its not its own f******k account. I looked through the settings and there is nothing to change, so I just changed the wall settings to allow fans to post pics to there and I will then add them to the album.

CDR racing
2009.08.20, 04:34 PM
Also, Sr. just pointed something out to me regarding the bus routes, so I just updated the note about transportation. The S74 runs through the Eltingville Transit Center, as do many express buses from Manhattan. So if the ferry to the bus is too long of a trip, it might be quicker for you to take an express bus to the transit center, then transfer to the S74 towards Tottenville to get to the track. Whatever works best for you guys. I posted the link to the wikipedia page that shows all the connections at the transit center on f******k.

ActionRC
2009.08.21, 04:42 PM
Let's all give Crop a huge round of applause (right there in the middle of your home or office) for Crop and all of the work he has done at the track and internet lately. His help is invaluable. Speaking of Crop...

... not only is he helpful off-track, he is kicking butt on-track! Last night Crop took the win in the A-Main, with lots of fast pace close racing right behind him. Tom and I battled for second, and I took it from him on the second to last lap! I beat him by about 2 seconds for second! Marty and Tom Sr were only five 5 seconds back. It was an awesome A!!! (I had a great run, and cannot wait to race on Saturday!!!)

How about Lil' Joe taking the win in the B and showing Jamil, Adam, and Jeff who's Boss of the B!? Lil' Joe had an incredible run after taking a long break from racing, leaving much more recently experienced competitors in his dust! Great run, Joe!

In the C, Kevin S was the Bubble Boy, demolishing the rest of the C drivers but not quite up to the B drivers. We had our first new guy as a result of the new trck, Bobby V, who is an experienced RC driver, but new to Mini-Z's. He did pretty well for a newbie, holding 2nd for a brief moment, falling back to 4th, and coming back up to 3rd. Great battl;e between Paul G and Bobby V for 2nd, finishing just afew seconds apart.

It was a great turnout for the first night of gift card racing at the new track. Let's keep it up for Saturday!!!

See you all then!

(Padrino - Where were you last night??? You missed an awesome night!)

CDR racing
2009.08.21, 05:16 PM
Let's all give Crop a huge round of applause (right there in the middle of your home or office) for Crop and all of the work he has done at the track and internet lately. His help is invaluable. Speaking of Crop...

... not only is he helpful off-track, he is kicking butt on-track! Last night Crop took the win in the A-Main, with lots of fast pace close racing right behind him. Tom and I battled for second, and I took it from him on the second to last lap! I beat him by about 2 seconds for second! Marty and Tom Sr were only five 5 seconds back. It was an awesome A!!! (I had a great run, and cannot wait to race on Saturday!!!)

How about Lil' Joe taking the win in the B and showing Jamil, Adam, and Jeff who's Boss of the B!? Lil' Joe had an incredible run after taking a long break from racing, leaving much more recently experienced competitors in his dust! Great run, Joe!

In the C, Kevin S was the Bubble Boy, demolishing the rest of the C drivers but not quite up to the B drivers. We had our first new guy as a result of the new trck, Bobby V, who is an experienced RC driver, but new to Mini-Z's. He did pretty well for a newbie, holding 2nd for a brief moment, falling back to 4th, and coming back up to 3rd. Great battl;e between Paul G and Bobby V for 2nd, finishing just afew seconds apart.

It was a great turnout for the first night of gift card racing at the new track. Let's keep it up for Saturday!!!

See you all then!

(Padrino - Where were you last night??? You missed an awesome night!)

Hmm...something tells me there is another "gosh darn" post coming from potter soon!

PadrinoNY
2009.08.21, 05:25 PM
WOW :eek: sounds like I did miss an awesome night but, work :mad: had me tied up till 8...... Sucks when you live in Brooklyn work in Bayside and want to go have fun in Staten Island :confused:...... I'll try to get there next week though....

ShortBus
2009.08.21, 10:53 PM
Crop - the A main is all yours if you can convince Lil Joe to come dressed as a squirrel next week :)

Scrapper
2009.08.22, 09:06 AM
cant wait to whoop lil joe today