PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

EMU
2006.01.23, 12:47 AM
In the final F1 qual, with less than 1 minute remaining, Joe intentionally rear ended Magic at the end of the straight after the chicane after Magic had passed him for 2nd place. Joe gave a little chuckle after he hit him. So Magic basically said to him 'Your not a D group racer' with a few other comments. So after the race Al went over to Magic and said a few things about how threatening people is not tolerated there. Although I never heard Magic threaten him at all. Joe knew what he was doing when he hit him, and after Magic made his comment Joe pulled off to the side and let Magic by. Its not about positioning, its about consideration. Joe just cant stand getting beaten by someone who picked up racing less than a year ago, and is faster than him and able to compete with the elite (Roland, Willy).

I was in B main, I started 2nd, Al in pole. I got off to a good start, but didnt tape the body down. So it popped up after a colission and needed work in the first few laps. Al was in the lead for a while, I worked my way back up, passing him and gaining a decent lead... and the body popped up again. So he went by again and I had to regain my rythem. With less than a minute to go, Al was about 1/2 a lap ahead, with crop on his rear bumper. I caught up to them, and went to pass crop who was still right behind Al. I got dusted and lost another 1/2 lap. In about 2 laps I had come back to his bumper, and was going to setup for the pass, when 'time limit reached' sounded right before we crossed the finish line. I think the difference between us was .35s. I would have probably passed him after the counter, but it was a good race. I was closing on him very fast, scrubbing the least amount of speed in the turns as I could while holding a tight line. If I had used a newer set of tires (Im running on 4 week old tires at least) I would have had a much tighter line. There was lots of traffic, which I kind of like.

In A main, Magic drove off to a clean victory. Not much to say there... His Murcielago has more corner speed than any other stock car.

I got 2nd in F1 B, Crop won it in a fairly close race, I was battling for the lead in the last minute, but since it was my first F1 race, I dont know the car too well and it needs a little tweak fixing (washes out on right turns).

I think Sai got the F1 A main and the Mod main, although Im not sure if KC got the Mod main. I was just testing my mod car, I dont care about mod points. I dont have enough track to run the car at home, so ARCMS is the only place to run it. That track feels small with the CP Cup Car 2 chassis, mainly because it has so much speed. It would be better suited on a larger track, more so than the Atomic cars. The faster it goes the better it handles. It doesnt have enough weight in the rear with the lexan body compared to the front since it is extended. So I need to try to lighten the front as much as I can. All alloy is going to be removed, and replaced with plastic. I may change the front wheels to plastic wide racer wheels and try to get an F1 diff for the rear and use plastic F1 wheels. I had the most speed on the straight, but I couldnt get back onto the throttle early enough without the wheels spinning.
He's got the 360GTC as well.
Right, and the 575GTC.

Lionblade
2006.01.23, 12:57 AM
In the final F1 qual, with less than 1 minute remaining, Joe intentionally rear ended Magic at the end of the straight after the chicane after Magic had passed him for 2nd place. Joe gave a little chuckle after he hit him. So Magic basically said to him 'Your not a D group racer' with a few other comments. So after the race Al went over to Magic and said a few things about how threatening people is not tolerated there. Although I never heard Magic threaten him at all. Joe knew what he was doing when he hit him, and after Magic made his comment Joe pulled off to the side and let Magic by. Its not about positioning, its about consideration. Joe just cant stand getting beaten by someone who picked up racing less than a year ago, and is faster than him and able to compete with the elite (Roland, Willy).

Yeah, that's Joe being Joe. You guys probably haven't known him as long as I have...I've known(and raced) with him since the beginning of the old place.

He was the same way with me, but I never opened my mouth on track like Magic would do. I instead just hit him back, because you guys know I don't apreciate crap like that.

To this day, Joe is still a condescending, belittling man who can't stand competition or even anyone who disagrees with him. He was bitching about something in the first qualifier, and I distinctly said, "Calm down Joe, it's only the first qualifier." I was standing next to him. Normally I would've said nothing, but he yelled at me to move over and commented on my feet before the race. He replied with the usual condescending tone, "Shut your mouth, Vin." It was left at that...until he proceeded to start yelling at people, as you no doubt heard. I just so happened to be one of the people "in his way". I had moved to the outside twice, and both times he had followed me, tapped or rear ended me, and then spun out. Somehow, that's my fault.

I don't dislike too many people at the track, by Joe's probably #1 on my list.

gasman1
2006.01.23, 07:33 AM
No. 11 MFB-03

OK, thanks. I have two of those already. I'm looking for the newer version with the glosscote body

SaiTam
2006.01.23, 09:57 AM
Stock A-Magic
F1-Me
Mod-Me

I would've had a very slim chance of winning all three classes if I had caught up to Magic in Main, but J*e was in my way even after being lapped by me, at the end I finished second in stock A.

Couldn't find it in a quick search of my Z stuff...I'll be more thorough in the morning.

What ever happened after I left anyway? I didn't even get to know what main I was in, let alone race it. :(

Like I said, Al should be more strict with the time...given the permission, I'd go around making everyone be ready on-time, but it seems he can't be bothered.

Wtf was with him and Magic, also? All I heard was something about Joe...well, being Joe.

builthatch
2006.01.23, 10:11 AM
Yeah, that's Joe being Joe. You guys probably haven't known him as long as I have...I've known(and raced) with him since the beginning of the old place.

He was the same way with me, but I never opened my mouth on track like Magic would do. I instead just hit him back, because you guys know I don't apreciate crap like that.

To this day, Joe is still a condescending, belittling man who can't stand competition or even anyone who disagrees with him. He was bitching about something in the first qualifier, and I distinctly said, "Calm down Joe, it's only the first qualifier." I was standing next to him. Normally I would've said nothing, but he yelled at me to move over and commented on my feet before the race. He replied with the usual condescending tone, "Shut your mouth, Vin." It was left at that...until he proceeded to start yelling at people, as you no doubt heard. I just so happened to be one of the people "in his way". I had moved to the outside twice, and both times he had followed me, tapped or rear ended me, and then spun out. Somehow, that's my fault.

I don't dislike too many people at the track, by Joe's probably #1 on my list.

Lionblade, you write well; I've noticed that.

That dude Magic is pretty damn good. My GF commented on how consistent he is when we were up there. That blue Lambo is like a slot car.

Looks like another weekend is going to go by when I can't make it up there. A friend asked me to do ringside security for the Gatti fight down here in AC this coming Saturday. I always turn him down for this meat-head sh1t, but tickets for this fight are going for waay over $1000 so I figured I'd be stupid not to...

Ibrake Ifry
2006.01.23, 12:22 PM
I am going to have to agree with you...magic has the best setup out of anybody at the place...but i have driven his car before and it has so much steering that i really can't control it. in fact, he is an exceptional driver to be able to handle that setup so consistently.

EMU
2006.01.23, 12:38 PM
I used to dislike the way his car is setup with so much steering. My cars have allways been setup basically the same, but I lowered the steering on the controller. That was my main mistake. I would tend to go lock to lock on the steering of the transmitter, where actually, it is better to have more sensitive steering and not use all of it. Just turn the wheel how much you want to turn the car, not more, that will scrub more speed off in the turns. I can drive Magic's cars the same he can drive mine. They are very close in setup, but still very different. He also got VERY lucky with the PN Speedy 05 BB that is in there. My motor has slowly started gaining speed over the last week :D

Ibrake, hope to see you next week ;) I may ask for you to do some body widening for me on my Z8. I ran the motor you built for me, it really did the trick. Even with the heavy wheels on the car, I was the fastest car down the straight, although handling wise... wasnt too great with too little grip in the rear, I am going to try a few adjustments over the week and see if I can come up with anything good to make the rear hook more. I am going to try lightening the front as much as I can. The car is too heavy as it is already.

SaiTam
2006.01.23, 12:59 PM
This is the situation where a hi-end remote controller can really help you. You can have a super sensitive car, but you can control the intial punch of the steering wheel movement to compensate for the instability. My remote is set up that way, especially for my mod car.

michvin
2006.01.23, 01:02 PM
you mean negative expos?

SaiTam
2006.01.23, 01:18 PM
On my KO radio it's called ST. Punch

SaiTam
2006.01.26, 10:15 AM
I just bought a White Skyline AWD RTR set but I regret getting the White one. I'm willing to sell the car kit for $149. The box is opened but the car has never been run. I haven't even installed the antenna or put batteries in it yet.

Again $149 for the AWD White Skyline RTR. Brand new. I paid $160 for it.

Or, for $20 you can have the brand new White Skyline body w/gloss coat, no wheels included though.

SaiTam
2006.01.28, 12:20 PM
If anyone needs a ride from UWS to the track today around 2:00pm let me know.

EMU
2006.01.28, 12:27 PM
If anyone needs a ride from UWS to the track today around 2:00pm let me know.
Ill need one. Meet you at 58th St around 2pm ;)

Lionblade
2006.01.30, 11:18 AM
How was racing Saturday?

EMU
2006.01.30, 12:17 PM
How was racing Saturday?
Same thing different week :rolleyes: Finished 2nd in B 2.5s behind Al. Traffic was a little bruising, lost the lead because people fought me for the line while I was lapping traffic in the beginning. Letting Al go by... Took me a while to catch back up to Al, and battled him for the lead in the last minute, but couldnt make the pass. It was a good race. Ill get him next week. He bumped himself down from the A group to run with B. I cant blame him, I was in B... he loves to run with me for some reason :eek:

In A, Magic had a crash around 2min in. The front of the body came off the clip, but he did not want any bodywork since he was in 2nd. He ran flawlessly for about 5 minutes, passing roland around 2 to go. On the last lap he hit the boards and roland went by, so he finished 2nd. It was an excellent race.

Dont think I am going to run F1 anymore. 3 classes is killing me. I only get 1 race each cycle that I am not racing or marshalling. Ill run stock/mod... So I can at least breath during the F1.

michvin
2006.01.30, 12:35 PM
stock/mod is good combination - gives you plenty of time between the races.

builthatch
2006.01.30, 03:35 PM
guys, anyone have a new or great condition front mclaren wheel (mr-02)? gun metal, PN mzh213 pictured here http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/miniz/mr02mm/op_tire/img/mzh213.jpg

in between going to the Gatti fight and playing football this weekend, i ran my car probably 1000 laps in my garage thanks to my butter new 2pl and i noticed that one of the hubs of a front wheel was cracked for some odd reason inside, two cracks.

let me know if you have this ; )

Lionblade
2006.01.30, 04:07 PM
guys, anyone have a new or great condition front mclaren wheel (mr-02)? gun metal, PN mzh213 pictured here http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/miniz/mr02mm/op_tire/img/mzh213.jpg

in between going to the Gatti fight and playing football this weekend, i ran my car probably 1000 laps in my garage thanks to my butter new 2pl and i noticed that one of the hubs of a front wheel was cracked for some odd reason inside, two cracks.

let me know if you have this ; )

Any 0 offsets will work up front for the McLaren, you know.

I have rears...and I'm currently using similar fronts from an Altezza - same style, different color. I believe the MP 350Z and MP Skyline use a similar style too, just in black. If that helps.

builthatch
2006.01.30, 04:17 PM

I have rears...and I'm currently using similar fronts from an Altezza - same style, different color. I believe the MP 350Z and MP Skyline use a similar style too, just in black. If that helps.

yep, i am just hoping i can replace one wheel with the same exact thing that i had.

thanks dude ; )

Lionblade
2006.01.30, 04:17 PM
And I have no idea where the hell my transponder is. :confused:

Not that it matters anyway, since I can't really even go anymore. :(

I might be able to try for Thursdays, though...anyone know how late that usually runs?

EMU
2006.01.30, 11:39 PM

Skyline has 1mm offset, but same style.

I never had an ASC McLaren, so I dont have the wheels. You can try to see if the shop can get you the set...

builthatch
2006.01.30, 11:46 PM
Skyline has 1mm offset, but same style.

I never had an ASC McLaren, so I dont have the wheels. You can try to see if the shop can get you the set...

Al tried to sell me delrin rims, but i belive they were dish and i can't spend 30 dollars on something like that lol...he said he will look to see if he has any gun metal Mcl wheels in his box. GPM does have a nice black 5 star Delrin wheels combo which would be ideal...but noone anywhere, and i mean even in HK (online) has them available. I guess i could order from Clara @ GPM, but...for that price i could get a whole other body and wheel set (autoscale)

Kyosho has a PN for these, but Efrain didn't get back to me about availability in the US.

I guess i'll order an autoscale (Orange is the only one avail for the Mcl between the Org or Sil). This way i'll have two extra fronts and two extra rears for my McLaren...and another Mcl body to run when this one becomes waffled.

EMU
2006.01.31, 12:00 AM
PN for the wheels is MZH213 ;) Good luck finding them...

builthatch
2006.01.31, 12:06 AM
PN for the wheels is MZH213 ;) Good luck finding them...

i know. no dice anywhere...even overseas. And like i mentioned, if i did find them, it prolly would be overseas and i'd end up paying almost what it costs for an ASC over here ; )

SaiTam
2006.02.02, 03:36 PM
check out this track in Toronto, it has a ramp and a 3 feet high bridge:

http://www.torontozees.com/images/onroad001.jpg

http://www.torontozees.com/images/onroad002.jpg

Lionblade
2006.02.02, 04:25 PM
That track has to be difficult if you use a grey car. :p

Anyone go Thursdays? Curious to know start time & average ending time.. Doesn't look like Saturdays are in the picture anymore, I might have to settle for Thursdays.

Going through Z widthrawal right now. :rolleyes:

SaiTam
2006.02.04, 08:22 AM
EMU and MikeV

If you need a ride today let me know, I may go a little early to either check out the Hackensack track or KC's outdoor helicopter flying before heading to ARCMS.

I just found a link to an interesting track in Hong Kong that I have been to, the track has two layers, on top it's carpet for on-road Mini-Z; when the on-road track gets lifted up to the ceiling there's a off-road track underneath. Amazing. Also, everybody drives like Roland in this track, I got my @ss kicked big time last time I drove there. See the unbelivable On-road Mini-Van video.

http://rcmms.com.hk/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album02/2004_0308Image0113.sized.jpg

When the on-road track gets lifted up to the celing:
http://rcmms.com.hk/modules/xoopsgallery/cache/albums/album04/Resize_of_DSCN1678.sized.jpg

Mini-Van MR02 video:
http://rcmms.com.hk/uploads/video/minizvan.wmv

More

http://rcmms.com.hk/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3

EMU
2006.02.04, 11:01 AM
I may go with Darrel today, I will let you know if I am not going with him.

I have seen that video before, it looks great.

Lionblade
2006.02.04, 11:18 AM
When have you guys finished up the past two weeks? Really itching to get back in the game...

EMU
2006.02.04, 11:24 AM
When have you guys finished up the past two weeks? Really itching to get back in the game...
Pretty late. Around 11:30-12... You can try to see if somebody would be willing to drive you home, so you dont have to have your parents pick you up.

Lionblade
2006.02.04, 12:27 PM
You can count on me making an appearance tonight. But this can't be a weekly thing anymore... :(

EMU
2006.02.04, 12:38 PM
You can count on me making an appearance tonight. But this can't be a weekly thing anymore... :(I hear ya...

builthatch
2006.02.04, 12:50 PM
I hear ya...

Eugene, can you sign onto aim for a sec? i have a Q-

thx

Lionblade
2006.02.04, 02:01 PM
Anyone know if the F1 transponders work with 02s? I figure if I need to get a new one, I should get one that's easier to place.

gasman1
2006.02.04, 03:17 PM
Anyone know if the F1 transponders work with 02s? I figure if I need to get a new one, I should get one that's easier to place.

any transponder should work in any car.

Lionblade
2006.02.04, 03:23 PM
any transponder should work in any car.

Thanks gasman. :)

michvin
2006.02.05, 08:26 PM
So how was racing last night?
Sai, have you been to the Jersey track?

EMU
2006.02.05, 10:09 PM
There were 17 racers for stock. We ran 2 groups. I kindof preferred it that way. There werent many poor racers. And Roland was not there. Track layout was the same. I qualified with 44 stock, and finished 5th A with 43L, finished behind Sai by .23s It was a good race, Joe pulled 48, Magic did around 46 but had tweak problems. Joe took F1, followed by Sai then Magic. I didnt run F1. I qualified with 46L in mod, taking a win in that qualifying heat. I got off to a bad start in mod main, and it ran fairly clean. Magic took it with 48L. followed by Willy, Sai, KC, me, bennet, and Infinity Joe... I didnt really pay attention to the mod race results, so I am not very sure about the standings, I just know I didnt do too well. I think I did around 43 which for mod when they are running clean is nothing.

I wish Al would post the race results online... or mass email them.

Lionblade
2006.02.05, 10:50 PM
I wish Al would post the race results online... or mass email them.

I'd be happy if he'd just update the damn site. ;)

SaiTam
2006.02.06, 04:02 PM
I may check it out this Friday or Saturday.

We did our first drift car class on Saturday, everybody had fun.

So how was racing last night?
Sai, have you been to the Jersey track?

builthatch
2006.02.06, 04:23 PM
I may check it out this Friday or Saturday.

We did our first drift car class on Saturday, everybody had fun.

is anyone running m18's yet?

builthatch
2006.02.08, 03:01 PM
is anyone running m18's yet?
bump for info- is al allowing m18's on practice nights?

builthatch
2006.02.08, 04:23 PM
bump for info- is al allowing m18's on practice nights?

weird, i just got al's mass email. haha

now i know.

michvin
2006.02.11, 12:44 AM
Sai and EMU, Are you going tomorrow? I'll give you a call tomorrow morning
Best,
M

EMU
2006.02.11, 01:42 AM
Im am going.

SaiTam
2006.02.11, 10:31 AM
Im am going.

Yes, can either of you bring a shovel if you have one? Or a snow brush?

I don't have either in my car.

EMU
2006.02.11, 12:11 PM
Darrell is going to be picking me up, so I wont need a ride to get there. (he called me a little while ago).

I dont have a shovel or snow brush... :(

ZYHAC
2006.02.16, 07:36 PM
Michvin if you ever need a ride let me know. I have no problem giving a lift. Now I was thinking of building a track in Manhattan or in the Bronx. If I do start that I don't think that I will be going to SI that much any more. But the only way I am going to do that is if I know people will show. SI is not a bad place but it's killing me every now and then. Other than that EMU and Magic have my number, just let me know if you need a lift or anything.

ZYHAC

SaiTam
2006.02.25, 12:27 AM
I'm leaving from the UWS tomorrow around 2pm if anyone needs a lift.

michvin
2006.02.25, 11:57 AM
I'm leaving from the UWS tomorrow around 2pm if anyone needs a lift.
We'd gladly join you - i'll call you around 1pm.
Thanks

LouC
2006.03.01, 01:09 PM
First time posting.....

I want to set up a Mod car to run on Sat nights.
After the FET's, what motor is recommended?

SaiTam
2006.03.01, 02:20 PM
I have been using a PN Anima for two point seasons. It still runs fast but it requires plenty of comm drops to do so. The stock brushes are worn but still do the job.

I have also used the Tamiya Ultra Dash modified into a Speedy can. It runs pretty hot though. The brushes only lasted one point season. Very fast motor.

Or you can run a stock 05 or X-speed with a 10T pinion.

On my Mod car I run the stickiest tires in rear and I have plenty of slip on my diff. I am also running a lot of Negative TH expo. and my TH HIpoint is only about 3/4 max.

I also have an Atomic T2 42,000rpm motor if you want, new in box.

EMU
2006.03.01, 02:22 PM
Most people use the PN Anima or Saber. There are quite a few different mod motors out there, most I think will have more power than needed. I may try a PN S04 and see how it drives. Right now I use an X-Speed armature in an Atomic BB can with Neo magnets. I have enough speed to keep up with the other guys, but not too much that it gets out of control. The setup for my car is almost identical to when I had it setup for stock class. I only changed the wheels that came with the Atomic body.

I would use a stock class motor first, until you get used to the extra punch that the FETs give. Then you can move up to a faster motor if you want to (I still havent, and I do not feel that I am held back by motor).

The setup is very important on a mod car. If there are any small problems with the setup, they get magnified with the increase of speed that mod class gives. Tires also wear more...

I have found that I get better laps when I dont push the car as hard. Focus on line, then throttle out. The cars get up to speed very fast, so you can afford to slow down a little more to take the tightest line possible.

The Atomic Stock motor may be worth looking into. It is one of the faster stock FET motors, but with upgraded FETs it will be quite fast. The Atomic AWD Stock motor should be a little faster as well. And the Ad Stock should be faster still... I really like the can and brushes that Atomic uses. They allow the motor to cool more than other cans since they use an open endbell design. Brushes are easy to replace (you dont have to open the entire motor).

MiniZworkshop's 35t motor should be a great one http://www.minizworkshop.com/competitionmotor.htm You can get it with a standard style can machine wound for around $20 or with an Atomic can hand wound for $26.

LouC
2006.03.01, 03:05 PM
Thanks guys....Sai - I will talk to you about that atomic motor you have next time I see you.

EMU
2006.03.01, 03:10 PM
Atomic Stock: http://www.egrracing.com/mart/product_info.php?cPath=21_57&products_id=322 http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_80&products_id=8318
Test Environment: Under 4.8V with 1.4g loading = 26000-30000 RPM
This motor can be run on a standard Mini-Z PCB without FET. It is a fairly torquey motor. It was my favorite motor before the motor rule was put into effect at ARCMS.

Atomic Ad Stock: http://www.egrracing.com/mart/product_info.php?cPath=21_57&products_id=364 http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_80&products_id=10377
Test Environment: Under 4.8V with 1.4g loading = 35000 - 38000RPM
This motor is designed for FM based Ad Band PCB. Which is almost as powerful as a FET car. This motor cannot be run on a standard Mini-Z PCB without a FET job.

The 3Racing stock motor is very fast as well, however it does not offer the cooling properties that the Atomic does. http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_80&products_id=8487 It is also the cheapest of the bunch.

For PN motors, you can get them at RCkenon or at ARCMS for about the same end price. http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/index.php?cPath=62_71

I would love to see how the AD-stock competes with the Anima/Saber motors...

Heres a little motor chart that Mojar7070 has been working on http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=20048

edit: **** links are RC_Mart :rolleyes:

The motor that I use in my Lexan bodied MR02 which I havent finished the setup for yet, uses a 28t hand wound armature (wound by Marcos) in an Atomic BB can. That thing flies on the straights and turn in is excellent, I do not feel that the weight balance is good, not enough weight in the rear... I am going to work on that and see if I can have it run better. I just cant apply much throttle in the turns or the rear slides out.

SaiTam
2006.03.04, 08:57 AM
Again if anyone needs a ride from UWS let me know today

ActionRC
2006.03.08, 02:58 PM
Hi everyone! This is Al from Action RC Mini Speedway. I finally had a second to log on and get myself set up on this site. Looking forward to speaking with all of you - those I know already and those I don't. Maybe I could convince all of you who seem to think that traveling to Staten Island is more difficult than travelling to Mars that the trip isn't that bad, and the racing is well worth the trip. I'll see many of you guys Saturday! :)

EMU
2006.03.08, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone! This is Al from Action RC Mini Speedway. I finally had a second to log on and get myself set up on this site. Looking forward to speaking with all of you - those I know already and those I don't. Maybe I could convince all of you who seem to think that traveling to Staten Island is more difficult than travelling to Mars that the trip isn't that bad, and the racing is well worth the trip. I'll see many of you guys Saturday! :)
Nice to see you online Al ;) Hopefully we can get a section for race results :cool:

briankstan
2006.03.08, 03:45 PM

Welcome to MZR. I'm sure you will find all the people here helpful and friendly. I'd come race, but it really is to far from me. 2,500 miles or something like that.

Brian

EMU
2006.03.09, 02:08 PM
Al, as we discussed a few weeks ago... here is a copy of the Wheel offset chart that I had been working on.

jason barnes
2006.03.09, 03:28 PM
action you have any pics or web . im new to the site also.......jb

MagicMan
2006.03.09, 03:32 PM
Guess whoooooo? :D

ZYHAC
2006.03.09, 04:48 PM
let me guess MAGICMAN

MagicMan
2006.03.09, 05:26 PM
let me guess MAGICMAN

:D Why yes it is! And who may this be? :eek:

MagicMan
2006.03.09, 06:55 PM
Thought you guys may get a kick out of some of these videos... ;)

This is my Stock S2000 with major suspension work in the small track in NYC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UphqeZ4Y58

This is my Mod Car 3-3 Fets, (4562's) same track:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHkxkwF5Zwc

This is my X5 with Oil Shocks doing a flip and a milky landing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJCkN4V2LgE

And this is my Mod Car doing a dyno run for $hits and giggles, note the MM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1viWM0gOQJQ

Enjoy!
The Magic Man.

EMU
2006.03.09, 11:31 PM
Nice videos buddy ;) Glad to see you show your face over here.

You may want to dub in some music, since the sound is not quite on track with the video...

Thats my first time seeing the X5 flip, SWEEEET!!!

action you have any pics or web . im new to the site also.......jb
www.actionrcspeedway.com You can find alot of pics there...

michvin
2006.03.10, 12:08 AM

Enjoy!
The Magic Man.
judging by the driving, MagicMan is actually Magic.... right?

MagicMan
2006.03.10, 12:35 AM
judging by the driving, MagicMan is actually Magic.... right?

Yep, thats me!!!!! whats up !! :D

MagicMan
2006.03.10, 02:07 AM
This is your Diff on drugs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yguoNXOWv0U

LOL

FYI, this was a custom diff I made (36 spur gear) just experimenting, only it went wrong once I realized I forgot the C-Ring, and I forgot to tighten the wheel-nut. :eek:

Enjoy

Ibrake Ifry
2006.03.10, 06:58 PM
maygic how are you doing? hopefully see you tommorow! nice videos bro...i remember that x5 flippin! that was sweet! and the diff blowin up! awesome! :D

SaiTam
2006.03.10, 10:56 PM
Hi this is Sai from HK. I got beat big time at the local track here. Everybody is Roland on steroid. The track is tight and is not RCP(Carpet). The best thing is that they don't allow anyone to walk on the track to retreive dead cars, instead just use a broomestick with a hook. There is so much to learn from the racers here and parts availability and prices are just perfect. The guys here are ridiculously fast, no matter drifting or racing.

I bought a BatMan Mini-Z here yesterday, has anyone seen that? How rare is it? I could only find one here in HK.

Here are the two local tracks:

rcmms.com.hk

www.hk-minirc.org

MagicMan
2006.03.10, 11:58 PM
maygic how are you doing? hopefully see you tomorrow! nice videos bro...i remember that x5 flippin! that was sweet! and the diff blowin up! awesome! :D

Yeah as I stated before, I highly doubt I'll be racing there again. But I'll pop my head in here and there to see how people are doing. I really enjoy small tracks better, and an environment with no sore losers and cheating accusers. But I'm the only moron with that problem. Everyone else there seems fine and dandy, they got some good racers there. :(

Regardless, wish you luck, and let me know how it goes!

monkey19
2006.03.11, 11:20 AM

Enjoy!
The Magic Man.

Sweet vids!!!!

MagicMan
2006.03.11, 11:44 AM
Sweet vids!!!!
:D thanx, I figured you guys would like em. ;)

Lionblade
2006.03.11, 01:31 PM
Yeah as I stated before, I highly doubt I'll be racing there again. But I'll pop my head in here and there to see how people are doing. I really enjoy small tracks better, and an environment with no sore losers and cheating accusers. But I'm the only moron with that problem. Everyone else there seems fine and dandy, they got some good racers there. :(

Regardless, wish you luck, and let me know how it goes!

Well, not everyone is "fine and dandy", but you know what I think about all that.

I'll be there tonight. Hope I get there early enough to get a decent spot for chargers & crap.

EMU
2006.03.11, 03:40 PM
I wont be able to go today. Darrel has other engagements, and Sai is in HK. Which means I would not have a ride back. Since I am working at 7AM tomorrow, taking public transportation back is not an option.

Till next week...

builthatch
2006.03.11, 07:28 PM
is anyone actively racing 1/18 over there yet?

ZYHAC
2006.03.12, 12:12 AM
I wont be able to go today. Darrel has other engagements, and Sai is in HK. Which means I would not have a ride back. Since I am working at 7AM tomorrow, taking public transportation back is not an option.

Till next week...

Hey Mike did you and Eric go today?

michvin
2006.03.12, 10:28 PM
Hey Mike did you and Eric go today?
Nope. Eric have state math exam next week - gotta be ready :)

LouC
2006.03.13, 10:23 AM
is anyone actively racing 1/18 over there yet?

I was there last Friday 3/3 to run micro - only 3 other racers. Nothing organized yet. I heard this Friday 3/10 was about the same.

MINIz guy11
2006.03.15, 06:05 PM
im new there. im andrew.

Lionblade
2006.03.18, 12:43 AM
im new there. im andrew.

Which Andrew? There are three.

MINIz guy11
2006.03.18, 12:49 AM
the newest one. just came there racing a few weeks ago. the one from NJ

builthatch
2006.03.18, 01:38 AM
I was there last Friday 3/3 to run micro - only 3 other racers. Nothing organized yet. I heard this Friday 3/10 was about the same.

if you all running micros, what motors are being used?

i wonder how my 17T would fair on that track...i have a custom 11T coming from Trinity for the hell of it, but i am thinking even the 17T would be a little much for that track. not sure....can't wait to get up there to try it out, i'm used to running on bigger tracks down here...12th scale appropriate tracks.

ZYHAC
2006.03.19, 11:06 PM
Now everyone knows who I am so I am not worried at all. But what I will say, and this is more towards LionBlade is that you really need to be careful about what you say especially on a open forum like this. Now I am friends with everyone and I am not here to make enemies but you can not say certain things online like that.

Now about certain people at the track, I agree with certain things and I disagree with others and everyone, believe me, everyone knows how I feel about them. Now you are entitled to your opinion and I am sure someone agrees with you but you are going to get yourself in a situation you cannot get out of. Just for the record this is not to pis_ you off or anything like that, it's more of friendly advise.

Al and the track, it's his business so he can run it as he see's fit. If you don't like it you have a few things you can do about it. And I am sure that you know what they are. Between Joe, Magic, Sia, Darrel and everyone else there, they all have their likes and dislikes. Now we all have issues, problems, and troubles that someone else don't like but there is no need to be callin a person out the way you did.

Now listen to me, I am not the one that take sides. If your right your right, if your wrong your wrong, and I will let you know. Now I am not the type of person who says something like this on a public page, but I truely don't know who you are to talk to you in person. So hopefully you would accept my apology in not talking in person, but I thought I should let you know before you get yourself in real hot water.

Lionblade
2006.03.20, 12:25 AM
Now everyone knows who I am so I am not worried at all. But what I will say, and this is more towards LionBlade is that you really need to be careful about what you say especially on a open forum like this. Now I am friends with everyone and I am not here to make enemies but you can not say certain things online like that.

Now about certain people at the track, I agree with certain things and I disagree with others and everyone, believe me, everyone knows how I feel about them. Now you are entitled to your opinion and I am sure someone agrees with you but you are going to get yourself in a situation you cannot get out of. Just for the record this is not to pis_ you off or anything like that, it's more of friendly advise.

Al and the track, it's his business so he can run it as he see's fit. If you don't like it you have a few things you can do about it. And I am sure that you know what they are. Between Joe, Magic, Sia, Darrel and everyone else there, they all have their likes and dislikes. Now we all have issues, problems, and troubles that someone else don't like but there is no need to be callin a person out the way you did.

Now listen to me, I am not the one that take sides. If your right your right, if your wrong your wrong, and I will let you know. Now I am not the type of person who says something like this on a public page, but I truely don't know who you are to talk to you in person. So hopefully you would accept my apology in not talking in person, but I thought I should let you know before you get yourself in real hot water.

I actually don't know who you are, so I guess that's fair.

I didn't call anyone out, really. The owner knows what I think of Joe, and he also knows I'm not the only one who thinks it.

But what it really all boils down to is this: all this crap over 6 inch cars. I think it's just unneccessary. But people are people, so certain ones won't mix too well.

MagicMan
2006.03.20, 04:32 AM

I actually don't know who you are, so I guess that's fair.

I didn't call anyone out, really. The owner knows what I think of Joe, and he also knows I'm not the only one who thinks it.

But what it really all boils down to is this: all this crap over 6 inch cars. I think it's just unneccessary. But people are people, so certain ones won't mix too well.

Here's my two cents, LionBlade said nothing 'out of line', and Zyhac, what you said was pointless. this IS a forum, and an OPEN discussion about ANYthing to do with arcms. Anything UN-appropriate, I'm sure will be taken down.

From personal experience, anyone with morals, courtesy, and anyone that has done A class racing at arcms, knows Joes personality issues on and off the track. YOU zyhac, arent A class, so I give you "my" friendly advice, don't give advice on a category that you aren't in, first hand. I see you said you aren't taking sides, but frankly, this is not the first, OR the second time I've seen you back someone that you don't even like yourself. So if that's the case, why always put your nose in when someone says something about him? Makes me wonder.

As for Al, yes he can run his track the way he pleases, but I'm sure he is noticing which way is going to bring him more business, and which isn't. I'd take that into consideration if 'YOU' are ever thinking of opening a track. Secondly, Al is an awesome guy, very thoughtful, and great to race with. Kinda wish everyone there was like that.

Everyone is different, we all get along with different people. But when you notice a complaint about one specific person over and over again from 'different' people, SOMETHINGS up. And next time someone says something thats -out of line- in 'Your Eyes' , re-think before you say something out of line yourself to the man that started this thread. and next time you say someone said something, Quote them.

NEW PICS/VIDS!!!!

Me and EMU's line up of MR-02's/AWD's at our track:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/MagicManRed/Mini-Z%2000/IMG_1182.jpg

My AWD 360 Gtc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71t8q9QbRic

EMU's Jag Xj 220, (I'm driving ;) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h369bnsaTyA

(I've noticed the video playes a hair faster than the audio, I think its a codec problem with the videos I've been posting, either that or a hosting problem, because when I play these videos on my computer, they play properly. I'll look into resolving this later)

over and out...
The Magic Man :D

LouC
2006.03.20, 10:52 AM
if you all running micros, what motors are being used?

i wonder how my 17T would fair on that track...i have a custom 11T coming from Trinity for the hell of it, but i am thinking even the 17T would be a little much for that track. not sure....can't wait to get up there to try it out, i'm used to running on bigger tracks down here...12th scale appropriate tracks.

I am not sure about everyone else, but I have the stock xray motor in mine with a 6 cell batt - and could not really go full throttle on the straight without the car loosing control. Im not a great driver, but I cannot imagine a faster motor then the stock doing any good on such a small track.

ZYHAC
2006.03.20, 02:58 PM
Hey Magic your right about me backing people I don't like. I do this at time just to keep peace. If your wondering which side I am on, truthly I am on mine. In saying that I am everyone friend and want to keep the peace as much as possible. And your also right about me not being in A main, I maybe I should keep shut on topics I have nothing to do with but, I do like to look out for people no matter who they are. So I am going to end this convo with........ "I'M A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER"

MagicMan
2006.03.20, 04:10 PM
Hey Magic your right about me backing people I don't like. I do this at time just to keep peace. If your wondering which side I am on, truthly I am on mine. In saying that I am everyone friend and want to keep the peace as much as possible. And your also right about me not being in A main, I maybe I should keep shut on topics I have nothing to do with but, I do like to look out for people no matter who they are. So I am going to end this convo with........ "I'M A LOVER NOT A FIGHTER"

I LOVE YOU TOO !!! lol :-*

Some Pics of EMU's Beastly Jaguar xj 220:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/MagicManRed/Mini-Z%2000/IMG_1154.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/MagicManRed/Mini-Z%2000/IMG_1155.jpg

LouC
2006.03.21, 11:18 AM
Any thoughts on the possible new schedule??

michvin
2006.03.21, 11:28 AM
Any thoughts on the possible new schedule??
if this gonna start, i'll buy at least one mini cooper :)
i like the idea of new classes not being run together with the stock/mod/F1.
Also, in these "fun" classes number of heats can be reduced to two, or we can just run two mains in each class, 10 minutes each.

Mzfreak
2006.03.21, 07:41 PM
Hey guys, I'm going to be staying in New jersey in long island and probably be stopping by at your shop ( action speedway). I might buy some stuff but probably won't have time to race. thanks

mzfreak

MINIz guy11
2006.03.21, 10:58 PM
yay! new classes are coming. well, i got a f1 last friday to get a little less down time. im really happy bout ti

EMU
2006.03.22, 12:21 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to be staying in New jersey in long island and probably be stopping by at your shop ( action speedway). I might buy some stuff but probably won't have time to race. thanks

mzfreak
Make sure to bring your Z to get a little track time in.
This is the potential schedule:
Wednesday: Micro 1/18th scale and Micro/Mini-Z Practice
Thursday: Mini-Z Cash Racing, Mini-Z Practice
Friday: Open Practice - All classes
Saturday: (Here's where it gets fun!)
3:00 - 3:30 - Practice, Registration
3:30 - 6:30 - Mini Cooper Spec, Mini-Z AWD, Mini-Z AWD Drift
7:00 - 7:30 - Practice, Registration
7:30 - 11:00 - Mini-Z Stock, F1, and Mini-Z Mod

You can reach them:
Email: info @ actionrcspeedway.com
Phone: (718) 317-5420

builthatch
2006.03.23, 11:02 AM
I LOVE YOU TOO !!! lol :-*

Some Pics of EMU's Beastly Jaguar xj 220:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/MagicManRed/Mini-Z%2000/IMG_1154.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/MagicManRed/Mini-Z%2000/IMG_1155.jpg

magic, do you have fets in stock to fet my mr-02? word is you are the guy to contact for this service out here-

let me know, thanks.

MagicMan
2006.03.23, 11:19 AM
magic, do you have fets in stock to fet my mr-02? word is you are the guy to contact for this service out here-

let me know, thanks.

Sure do. Let me know what kind of motor you will be running so that I know how many fets you will need. 4 and 3 is as much as you can go on a MR-02 board, 3 and 2 is the common job around there, however, 2 and 2 will run most motors flawlessly (4562 fets).

Take down some of my messaging names from my profile, and contact me. We'll take it from there for pricing :D

builthatch
2006.03.23, 05:41 PM
Sure do. Let me know what kind of motor you will be running so that I know how many fets you will need. 4 and 3 is as much as you can go on a MR-02 board, 3 and 2 is the common job around there, however, 2 and 2 will run most motors flawlessly (4562 fets).

Take down some of my messaging names from my profile, and contact me. We'll take it from there for pricing :D

aight, car went off today priority. should be there tomorrow or saturday. included was post office money order which you can cash instantly at the post office when you send it back to me and i included a bit more than the agreed amount to cover shipping back.

SaiTam
2006.03.25, 10:22 AM
I'm back and I'll go to the track today. Call me if you need a ride EMU and Mike

MINIz guy11
2006.03.25, 02:21 PM
im going today.

MINIz guy11
2006.03.27, 11:15 PM
magic, i also want you to do my fets on my overland. i want to talk on AIM about the fine details. my SN is fatgas3 (yes i know, its a weird name)

MagicMan
2006.03.27, 11:57 PM
magic, i also want you to do my fets on my overland. i want to talk on AIM about the fine details. my SN is fatgas3 (yes i know, its a weird name)

Sounds great, I put you on my budy list, I'm sure you'll recognize the SN when you see it. :D I accept USPS mail and M.O.'s. Priority is a preference, but that's how I ship it back to you. With either delivery/signature confirmation and/or insured.

Talk to you soon!

Fet on or Fet off!

EMU
2006.03.28, 12:02 AM
Sounds great, I put you on my budy list, I'm sure you'll recognize the SN when you see it. :D I accept USPS mail and M.O.'s. Priority is a preference, but that's how I ship it back to you. With either delivery/signature confirmation and/or insured.

Talk to you soon!

Fet on or Fet off!
In case you did not know, this is Andrew from ARCMS (with yellow Enzo and Yellow F1, not yellow 575GTC). So if you want you could probably work out a way for me to pick it up, or for Al to hold it for you to pick up.

MagicMan
2006.03.28, 03:16 PM
In case you did not know, this is Andrew from ARCMS (with yellow Enzo and Yellow F1, not yellow 575GTC). So if you want you could probably work out a way for me to pick it up, or for Al to hold it for you to pick up.

That's fine, I guess you can hold it and get it to me. If you see him, tell him that you'll bring it to me. :)

EMU
2006.03.29, 12:31 AM
MINIz guy11, let us know what you want done, so we can inform you of pricing. I will be at ARCMS on Saturday, and possibly friday.

MINIz guy11
2006.03.29, 03:32 PM
sorry magic but im backing out of this. i decided to get a woah nelly evo turbo for this.can you help me put it on cus i stink at soldering and all i can do is do a motor. ill be there this saturday but not next saturday.

Lionblade
2006.03.29, 08:05 PM
Anyone heard from Marcos? I've had his stuff for about a month now...

builthatch
2006.03.29, 11:56 PM
Magic, is my car done? :)

MagicMan
2006.03.30, 03:15 AM
Magic, is my car done? :)

Sure is, I'm doing priority on the 30th :D enjoy!! It's a ROCKET, even with that Speedy BB 05 and a 6T. You must have a good board :)

sorry magic but im backing out of this. i decided to get a woah nelly evo turbo for this.can you help me put it on cus i stink at soldering and all i can do is do a motor. ill be there this saturday but not next saturday.

Sure, I can install that for you. I don't come there anymore on saturdays, I do however show on fridays. Let me know what you want to do. ;)

builthatch
2006.03.30, 09:00 AM
Sure is, I'm doing priority on the 30th :D enjoy!! It's a ROCKET, even with that Speedy BB 05 and a 6T. You must have a good board :)

you are THE MAN! thanks dude ; )

EMU
2006.03.30, 09:13 AM
you are THE MAN! thanks dude ; )
Not just THE MAN, THE MAGIC MAN :p

Hope to see you around sometime to race.

SaiTam
2006.03.31, 01:44 PM
I'm going to Al's tonight. I will pass by Hoboken around 6pm if someone needs a ride.

Not just THE MAN, THE MAGIC MAN :p

Hope to see you around sometime to race.

EMU
2006.03.31, 04:47 PM
I'm going to Al's tonight. I will pass by Hoboken around 6pm if someone needs a ride.
Ill meet you there ;) I am going to be leaving in about 10 minutes.

Lionblade
2006.04.01, 01:19 PM
How's the Core system now? From what I've read, Al isn't the only one who has been experiencing problems with V1.1.

EMU
2006.04.01, 01:33 PM
Last night it was ok. We only had to restart the first race.

Lionblade
2006.04.01, 01:37 PM
Maybe I'll go then. I found a few sheets of PN stickers (still left over from AUGUST! :p )...add that to boredom, and well...I kinda went overboard on the body. Oh well. It'll distract everyone's eyes from the cracks.

EMU
2006.04.01, 01:39 PM
Should I dig out the old Enzo for you to use?

Lionblade
2006.04.01, 01:40 PM
Might be worth it. I'm looking at the body now, and it looks to sit unevenly.

Could be my paranoia, but I'd like to avoid body complications this week. :rolleyes:

SaiTam
2006.04.02, 01:05 AM
How's the Core system now? From what I've read, Al isn't the only one who has been experiencing problems with V1.1.

I had plenty of missed laps today with my two cards.

I didn't have any problem in Hong Kong or Paramus using the same cards.

MagicMan
2006.04.04, 09:07 PM
After an amazing race at action RC, a new rule is in effect. Not cause it was over ruled, and voted in effect, but just because one person felt it was unfair. I'm sure if we did a vote, 29 out of 30 people there wouldn't mind having the PN Power Capacitors being LEGAL. A fellow RCer of over 20-30 years (Not saying who)... said that a power cap is in no way a cheating item. But when we have soar losers (Not saying who)... oh well... you know the rest... LOL

SaiTam
2006.04.04, 09:57 PM
I forecast Helios/3PK/M8 will soon be banned at the track...............

MagicMan
2006.04.04, 10:38 PM

Yes, just 2PL and STOCK will be allowed haha :D

michvin
2006.04.04, 11:25 PM
you guys forgot to include Airtronics 3MX (the one EMU have) into "soon to be banned" list. He took 2nd place with it....

EMU
2006.04.04, 11:28 PM
You guys are funny :p

michvin, its the MX-A ;) Although it does have 3 channels, you need an appropriate receiver to use the third one, which doesnt come with the TX, only a 2 channel micro receiver comes with it (which I plan to use, unlike the one that comes with the Futaba which is HUGE).

Anyway, a power cap only gives a boost when the motor is not spinning. As soon as it starts spinning and generating power, the cap does nothing.

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 02:51 AM
Lets just Ban everyone that comes in 1st 2nd or 3rd. oh wait, unless of course that person is .... ehem... oh you know who.

LouC
2006.04.05, 07:11 AM
:mad: I just ordered my power cap.......
We cant use them now???

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 12:22 PM
:mad: I just ordered my power cap.......
We cant use them now???

Yep, no more power cap. You can thank the silly rules that are made cause of sore losers. :rolleyes:

I love how rules are made at the END of the night, AFTER a certain someone sees how he is doing in the race. NOT beforehand.

It's one thing to have a race 'set up' so that you can win before hand, but it's another to make new rules day in and day out AFTER the race to slowly make it to YOUR liking and not everybody elses. Talk about pride problems. And with an RC car.

Lou... I'll buy it off of you! :) that is of course if you want to sell it. How are your cars running by the way?

michvin
2006.04.05, 01:09 PM
the moment this happen i'll become a pit crew for someone with a stock Tx.
and there's always NJ :)

briankstan
2006.04.05, 01:21 PM
Sounds like running at Action can be a big hassle. maybe you guys should just go in there with completely stock cars. What can they do ban the stock mini-z. then you will be left with nothing. it's to bad someone can ruin a good thing.

EMU
2006.04.05, 01:30 PM
Ive thought about that :p

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 01:31 PM
Sounds like running at Action can be a big hassle. maybe you guys should just go in there with completely stock cars. What can they do ban the stock mini-z. then you will be left with nothing. it's to bad someone can ruin a good thing.

It's only a hassle once you get into the A main. Because a certain someone wont let you win, unless your down to his level electronically.

Advice: stay in the B class. Or come fridays when there isn't any points involved in racing that's what I do :D

LouC
2006.04.05, 01:39 PM
Yep, no more power cap. You can thank the silly rules that are made cause of sore losers. :rolleyes:

I love how rules are made at the END of the night, AFTER a certain someone sees how he is doing in the race. NOT beforehand.

It's one thing to have a race 'set up' so that you can win before hand, but it's another to make new rules day in and day out AFTER the race to slowly make it to YOUR liking and not everybody elses. Talk about pride problems. And with an RC car.

Lou... I'll buy it off of you! :) that is of course if you want to sell it. How are your cars running by the way?

Thanks Magic - If we cannot use them, you can have it for free. Your advice and help is worth alot more then the $8 I spent on it.

Im not sure if my car is running bad - or Im just a bad driver!!!! :)
I have been doing much better in the stock class lately - just had a bad night this past Sat. F1 is running good and my new Mod is WAY too fast for me to
handle. Need to tune that thing down a abit.

It was good to see you there - too bad you werent there to race!!!

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 01:55 PM
Thanks Magic - If we cannot use them, you can have it for free. Your advice and help is worth alot more then the $8 I spent on it.

I have been doing much better in the stock class lately - just had a bad night this past Sat. F1 is running good and my new Mod is WAY too fast for me to
handle. Need to tune that thing down a abit.

It was good to see you there - too bad you werent there to race!!!

Oh man, well I REALLY appreciate that. Makes me remember how important help is to someone, and how much they value it, rather than limiting them. Care to tell me exactly what's wrong with your car? Is it your MR-02 thats acting funny? Is it spinning out? Not fast enough on turns? No steering? Talk to me.. I'll come this Sat if you want me to tune it for you. That's basically what I was doing last Sat for everybody. Johnathan, Mike, Eric, Pete, and some other guys. I won't mind at all to come this Sat and make sure your car is in perfect running order. If you 'want', (totaly up to you) come Friday, I'll be tuning my own. (I tune at Al's for the track out at Jersey that I run at) And I can help you then, so that you are situated for Saturday.

From what I've noticed about you, you're an awesome driver, and I mean that seriously. So if you are saying you didn't do well, it must have been the car. Either that or stress. Regardless.... reply when you can, let me know what you want to do.

EMU
2006.04.05, 01:56 PM
Lou, you will find that running the modified class will increase your stock performance. And your stock car will start feeling very slow (which is good, because then you have more control over it).

When I run Mod, I only have full throttle applied down the first 1/2 of the main straight. Everywhere else I use no more than about 1/2 throttle until the batteries start to dump. The more throttle you give, the hotter the tires get, the more they start to wear, and the less steering/grip you will have. The car becomes less consistant as the tires get hot (tires are good warm, not hot). I have found that the harder I push the mod car, the worse it gets. Try to run pretty conservative, take the turns slow in fast out, and you will have better laps. When you start to enter the turns very fast, you will lose time, since you will have to slow down in the turn and make a wider arc missing the apex, and be on the throttle out of the turn later... Just try to focus on driving a tight line, and using as much speed as you need, not as much speed as the car goes.

In general, you want stock cars to go faster, but moving from stock cars to modified, it takes a little while to find the max speed needed to make a turn/section on the track. And it is better to be consistant with slightly less speed than a rocket on the track and hung up on each corner...

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 01:58 PM
Lou, here are some helpful threads that I started that may be able to help you. They are rather long, but when you have time, look them over. There are a lot of things that I havent started , like controler settings and what not. I'll get into that later. Meanwhile, hope to see you soon.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21350

LouC
2006.04.05, 02:14 PM
Once again - thanks for your advice guys.
I will not be at the track at all this week. I have a
family obligation. (Father / Daughter Dance!!) :p
I should be there next Sat though.

I will start reading your threads.

sjm324
2006.04.05, 02:51 PM

Hey all,

Its too bad someone has to ruin a fun hobby over bs & being a soreloser. I got into the hobby to have a good time and get away from the complications in real life. AL really needs to figure out a set of rules and stick to them. Rules can not be made up on the fly just to satisfy some soreloser. I guess its easier to be a C or B main driver (no bs). Now on to more important stuff. I need a website where i can get a titanium diff shaft for my F1. Also does any one have a set up for the small rcp track.

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 03:30 PM
Hey all,

Its too bad someone has to ruin a fun hobby over bs & being a soreloser. I got into the hobby to have a good time and get away from the complications in real life. AL really needs to figure out a set of rules and stick to them. Rules can not be made up on the fly just to satisfy some soreloser. I guess its easier to be a C or B main driver (no bs). Now on to more important stuff. I need a website where i can get a titanium diff shaft for my F1. Also does any one have a set up for the small rcp track.

I haven't laughed so hard in my life in a while! Sometimes nothing but the truth is funny. Well said.

What do you mean by .. set up for the small rcp track? you mean ideas on how to set up for the smaller tracks? or does someone have the small track set up somewhere?

I noticed you only have one post... Do I know you?

Get back to me when ya can! :)

sjm324
2006.04.05, 03:50 PM
I haven't laughed so hard in my life in a while! Sometimes nothing but the truth is funny. Well said.

What do you mean by .. set up for the small rcp track? you mean ideas on how to set up for the smaller tracks? or does someone have the small track set up somewhere?

Hi Magic, Its Adam you were helping me with my F1 on sat night. I was the one telling you to come back and race. I need a set up for the car. I set the track up the other night and I am clueless. I am clueless in general :) but when it came to the small track i was lost.

builthatch
2006.04.05, 03:53 PM
I am clueless in general :)

haha. that's funny ; )

michvin
2006.04.05, 04:06 PM

he obviously ment car setup like tires/springs/damper thing for the small RCP.
How can you make a fixed set of rules? These A-main guys are so inventive: you never know what they will come up with next time to win...

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 04:10 PM
Hi Magic, Its Adam you were helping me with my F1 on sat night. I was the one telling you to come back and race. I need a set up for the car. I set the track up the other night and I am clueless. I am clueless in general :) but when it came to the small track i was lost.

Adam my man! What's up bro. Did you get the Mini-Tile 96 set? It isn't that difficult to setup a car for the track. Or are you saying you want a layout for the track? if so, I'll ask EMU where there is this one site that shows different layouts that you can do with it.

Eugene has a good amount of track, he has the Mini-Tile 96 with extras and an expansion pack. Also Mike V has the same. If we combine, we could have one hell of a killer track layout given the right space.

I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

PS do you only come on Sat?

SaiTam
2006.04.05, 04:18 PM
At the PN regional and Final race 2006-NY, we will see who is the true local winner with the PN tech inspection(that means no funny motors and Fets in your car). For those who cheat at ARCS will realize who is the fastest guy later in May 2006. It will be a fierce battle among all the A-main guys as most of them are equally competitive.
Again, if you don't like rules, run Mod like I do. You will see how come some of the ultra fast guys in stock don't come close in winning in MOD.

And Magic, why don't you just run F1 and Mod on Saturdays? There's no stringent rule for these classes.

michvin
2006.04.05, 04:25 PM
Adam my man! What's up bro. Did you get the Mini-Tile 96 set? It isn't that difficult to setup a car for the track. Or are you saying you want a layout for the track? if so, I'll ask EMU where there is this one site that shows different layouts that you can do with it.

Eugene has a good amount of track, he has the Mini-Tile 96 with extras and an expansion pack. Also Mike V has the same. If we combine, we could have one hell of a killer track layout given the right space.

Oh Magic,
the body is not painted yet - the weather has not been too cooperative this week- too much moisture in the air. Will do it ASAP. Are you guys going to track on Fri? It seems that i won't be able to come on two upcoming weekends :(

sjm324
2006.04.05, 04:26 PM

Its very hard for me to come during the week. I have a 2yr old running around and the wife works late. I am going to try and come friday this week. As for combining tracks I would be down for that. We could rent out a place and have a great old time. I have the layout for the track. I want to set the car up. I need all the practice I can get. I am also looking for a used mini if anyone is selling one let me know.

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 04:48 PM

I hope everything goes well. See you soon!

At the PN regional and Final race 2006-NY, we will see who is the true local winner with the PN tech inspection(that means no funny motors and Fets in your car). For those who cheat at ARCS will realize who is the fastest guy later in May 2006. It will be a fierce battle among all the A-main guys as most of them are equally competitive.
Again, if you don't like rules, run Mod like I do. You will see how come some of the ultra fast guys in stock don't come close in winning in MOD.

And Magic, why don't you just run F1 and Mod on Saturdays? There's no stringent rule for these classes.

Sai, the way I feel about events... Even then it isn't equal actually. No two hand out motors are the same. But it is more equal than ARCMS.

And F1 has plenty of rules. I've seen some people out there that must be running an AWD board or fetted board out there to get some of the torque they are getting to get that heavy F1 accelerating the way they were.

As for mod, this may sound a little ****y, but there's no fun in winning all the time. :eek: That really didn't sound right, but man, there wasn't a time I remember that I came close to coming in 2nd since I set that mod car up properly. (Thanks to EMU). It doesn't run the same in NJ, just at Al's. Those new Kenon 8' made a world of a difference at the NJ track.

I'd like to go to the next Mini-Z event. Just to experience it. Knowing my luck, something will crack or tweak. But I'll definately give it a shot.

Oh Magic,
the body is not painted yet - the weather has not been too cooperative this week- too much moisture in the air. Will do it ASAP. Are you guys going to track on Fri? It seems that i won't be able to come on two upcoming weekends :(

Take your time Mike. I'm just using the Murcielago meanwhile. I really appreciate you doing it by the way, that is WAY nice of you. Everyone is being nice to me all of the sudden. I should quit racing more often LOL!

I really love that blue, I'm eager to see it full blue. Hey mike.. Would it be asking too much to have you take off my electric tape stripe, and put masking tape so that when it's painted, you peel the tape off and it has a white stripe down the middle? And don't worry about whatever you do with the windows. I'm cutting those out and doing lexan.

Let me know if that all sounds cool. ( I don't want to ask for too much since it's a favor ) :D

Its very hard for me to come during the week. I have a 2yr old running around and the wife works late. I am going to try and come friday this week. As for combining tracks I would be down for that. We could rent out a place and have a great old time. I have the layout for the track. I want to set the car up. I need all the practice I can get. I am also looking for a used mini if anyone is selling one let me know.

Gotta love those first years! If you come this Friday, I'm certain Me, Eugene, KC, and Sai will be there. I'm sure some other people too. I'd be glad to set your cars up this Friday. If not, I'll pop in on Sat to say hello.

Renting out is not gonna be easy. I'm part timing and times are hard. Eugene is probably on the same boat with $. Where are you located? I live out in SI. However, Eugene, Mike, and I would like to put a track in NYC (Manhattan). We just don't know how to go about it as cheap as possible, because we don't want to really make it a 'business' we just want it to be a 'track' to drive at.

michvin
2006.04.05, 04:57 PM
Everyone is being nice to me all of the sudden :eek:
sudden, huh?
I really love that blue, I'm eager to see it full blue. Hey mike.. Would it be asking too much to have you take off my electric tape stripe, and put masking tape so that when it's painted, you peel the tape off and it has a white stripe down the middle? And don't worry about whatever you do with the windows. I'm cutting those out and doing lexan.

Let me know if that all sounds cool. ( I don't want to ask for too much since it's a favor ) :D
no prob. what else you wanted to ask for?
Go ahead, If it's too hard/time consuming or i can't do that i'll tell you ;)

EMU
2006.04.05, 04:57 PM
As for mod, this may sound a little ****y, but there's no fun in winning all the time. :eek: That really didn't sound right, but man, there wasn't a time I remember that I came close to coming in 2nd since I set that mod car up properly. (Thanks to EMU). It doesn't run the same in NJ, just at Al's. Those new Kenon 8' made a world of a difference at the NJ track. Mod class has gotton much better lately. There is less bumping and scooping. The driving is starting to become more consistant (at least mine is anyway). I would love for you to drive Mod, since there can be no cheating accusations, and even if you win constantly, that gives everyone else a goal to improve more to catch up to you :p
And don't worry about whatever you do with the windows. I'm cutting those out and doing lexan.

The Atomic body has not windows :rolleyes:

sjm324
2006.04.05, 04:59 PM
I hope everything goes well. See you soon!

Sai, the way I feel about events... Even then it isn't equal actually. No two hand out motors are the same. But it is more equal than ARCMS.

And F1 has plenty of rules. I've seen some people out there that must be running an AWD board or fetted board out there to get some of the torque they are getting to get that heavy F1 accelerating the way they were.

As for mod, this may sound a little ****y, but there's no fun in winning all the time. :eek: That really didn't sound right, but man, there wasn't a time I remember that I came close to coming in 2nd since I set that mod car up properly. (Thanks to EMU). It doesn't run the same in NJ, just at Al's. Those new Kenon 8' made a world of a difference at the NJ track.

I'd like to go to the next Mini-Z event. Just to experience it. Knowing my luck, something will crack or tweak. But I'll definately give it a shot.

Take your time Mike. I'm just using the Murcielago meanwhile. I really appreciate you doing it by the way, that is WAY nice of you. Everyone is being nice to me all of the sudden. I should quit racing more often LOL!

Gotta love those first years! If you come this Friday, I'm certain Me, Eugene, KC, and Sai will be there. I'm sure some other people too. I'd be glad to set your cars up this Friday. If not, I'll pop in on Sat to say hello.

Renting out is not gonna be easy. I'm part timing and times are hard. Eugene is probably on the same boat with $. Where are you located? I live out in SI. However, Eugene, Mike, and I would like to put a track in NYC (Manhattan). We just don't know how to go about it as cheap as possible, because we don't want to really make it a 'business' we just want it to be a 'track' to drive at.

I am located in SI too. I was thinking of just renting out a place to host a night of racing with some friends. I do not want a business. (i already have one). I was just looking to do something different. A track in NYC can be expensive. I do not know of any cheap places in manhattan except grays papaya :) good dogs.

MagicMan
2006.04.05, 05:02 PM
:eek:
sudden, huh?

no prob. what else you wanted to ask for?
Go ahead, If it's too hard/time consuming or i can't do that i'll tell you ;)

Oh no no, that's plenty. You are the MAN

Mod class has gotton much better lately. There is less bumping and scooping. The driving is starting to become more consistant (at least mine is anyway). I would love for you to drive Mod, since there can be no cheating accusations, and even if you win constantly, that gives everyone else a goal to improve more to catch up to you :p

The Atomic body has not windows :rolleyes:

The atomic body has it's little section of windows. It's part of the body, but I'm going to cut them out and make them see through. I believe it'll look nice with blue / white stripe, and clear windows.

I am located in SI too. I was thinking of just renting out a place to host a night of racing with some friends. I do not want a business. (i already have one). I was just looking to do something different. A track in NYC can be expensive. I do not know of any cheap places in manhattan except grays papaya :) good dogs.

LOL I was at grays the other day with my girlfriend, I scarfed down six of those puppies with some papaya. mmmm

Anyway guys, I'm off to NJ to race. TTYL and SYL

LouC
2006.04.05, 06:20 PM
Adam - nice to see you on the board.....
Now Im posting from home and work (This RC
stuff is way to addicting!!)

Sai - is there a date scheduled for the PN race?
And where is supposed to be held??

Magic - everybody likes you man....thats why we
want to see you racing again and winning some races!
Who cares about the "accussers" You shouldnt ban
yourself from racing there for anyone!! Good driving
is what wins the race.....If I used any of your cars, I
still wouldnt make the B main!!! :D

Cant we all just get along?? :eek:

LouC
2006.04.05, 06:40 PM
adam - how did you do in the f1 main?

sjm324
2006.04.06, 10:55 AM
adam - how did you do in the f1 main?

Whats up Lou, I think I came in 2nd. Infinity came in 1st i was tied with on laps but i think it was wrong. Are you going at all this weekend.

SaiTam
2006.04.06, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=LouC]

QUOTE]

According to Bennett who has been our past orgainzer, the PN regional will be held at Al's track some time in May; the PN finals this year will be at R/C Madness in CT. I could be wrong, check with Bennett when you see him.

imxlr8ed
2006.04.06, 12:27 PM
If my crew attends... I don't want a repeat of last year. I'm not going to dig too deep here, but I saw some really interesting stuff going on there at the last regional. It wasn't the whole crew, just a few. Now, I did offer to tech everyone, but after seeing what was going on, and feeling the atmosphere there, I decided not to. I like to avoid confrontation, and I basically settled back and tried to have a good time. (mantra for when I get stressed : they're just little plastic cars... :rolleyes: )

Here's how it should go down if it's going to be fair.

New track layout, the day of the event ! Last time, they modified a few turns, and that was all ! Not really fair to out of towners ! And if they do a new layout... I don't think it should be fully expanded, all the way around ! Where's the skill in that ?!?! (I'll include a pic of the track) I asked about this when I got there... and was basically looked at meanly, and told NO WAY ! right to my face. (not by Al either) And like I said... when I finally convinced Al to change it, it wasn't much of a change. Also... no practice laps until everyone is ready to practice !

Marked handout motors, only one per entry ! I saw some guys getting new handouts when they felt the motor they got didn't "perform". I know one in particular who recieved a new handout, who's car, all of the sudden ran like it had all the speed in the world ! (too bad he couldn't re-tune his diff to it) I saw other things regarding this case in particular as well... but I'm not gonna go there ! Also, if it is a 2 day event... the motors will be collected at the end of the day.

Obviously, a fet inspection is needed, though I dont think this was a contributing factor for the things happening for the last event we attended.

Full car inspection, according to the PN rules is necessary for all events... if you want this scale of racing taken seriously, and your event to be taken seriously as well... it's best to be responsible in this aspect in particular. When I was dreaming up HFAY out of the primordial ooze of my insight... I knew that the key to the whole thing would be honesty & trust between club leaders, and they would have to take full responsibilty to keep it fair for all ! We are real lucky to have the club leaders we do in HFAY ! I know the HFAY leaders fully appreciate an all out, serious, and fair competition ! :D

I hope I don't tick anyone off here... that is not my intent, the past is the past, we learn from our mistakes. I hope to offer insight enough to avoid issues like this again.

There, I got it off my chest, my crew has talked about this to death... all of my members left there a little irked, but I have a great crew... they just looked forward to the next one ! :D

briankstan
2006.04.06, 12:35 PM
Imxlr8ed, you can always come to the SLC PN Regional in August. :D :eek:

imxlr8ed
2006.04.06, 12:40 PM
Imxlr8ed, you can always come to the SLC PN Regional in August. :D :eek:

:D If I could get a package deal on some plane tickets for 10... maybe ! :rolleyes:

I'd hate to see the van rental fees if we drove out there ! :D

Oh yeah !... my new girl showed up last night courtesy USPS ! :cool:

Thanks again dude !

EMU
2006.04.06, 01:04 PM
International Race Event June 23-25 Texas
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21213

Looks very interesting. Stock class and F1 allows FETs.

This is not a Mini-Z race, it is a 1/24 scale race, so alternate chassis and electronics are permitted, which is why FET upgrades are allowed. Stock class will have handout motor, Modified class can use any motor.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Imx, we have been trying to have Al reduce the lane width long before and after the PN event. Lately we have a couple sections 2 tiles wide, but not enough. I would personally like to have the track 3 wide on the straight and turn after, 2 wide everywhere else. I would even like to incorporate a Mini-Tile infield, but I dont think that will happen anytime soon (I have the Mini-Tile, and would be happy to use it).

I completely agree with you that the PN event should have a new layout, with practice starting for all racers attending at the same time.

As for handout motors, we all know that they are not created equally. If the motor that you received does not perform as you would like, you should be able to buy another marked handout motor (like they did in the PNWC). If it is a 2 day event, handout motors should be kept at the track.

FET inspection should be done on both days if it is a 2 day event.

I must say that it was very nice having you guys down to race with, your crew is very competetive, and all around good guys.

imxlr8ed
2006.04.06, 01:36 PM
International Race Event June 23-25 Texas
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21213

Looks very interesting. Stock class and F1 allows FETs.

This is not a Mini-Z race, it is a 1/24 scale race, so alternate chassis and electronics are permitted, which is why FET upgrades are allowed. Stock class will have handout motor, Modified class can use any motor.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Imx, we have been trying to have Al reduce the lane width long before and after the PN event. Lately we have a couple sections 2 tiles wide, but not enough. I would personally like to have the track 3 wide on the straight and turn after, 2 wide everywhere else. I would even like to incorporate a Mini-Tile infield, but I dont think that will happen anytime soon (I have the Mini-Tile, and would be happy to use it).

I completely agree with you that the PN event should have a new layout, with practice starting for all racers attending at the same time.

As for handout motors, we all know that they are not created equally. If the motor that you received does not perform as you would like, you should be able to buy another marked handout motor (like they did in the PNWC). If it is a 2 day event, handout motors should be kept at the track.

FET inspection should be done on both days if it is a 2 day event.

I must say that it was very nice having you guys down to race with, your crew is very competetive, and all around good guys.

Thanks... I understand the handout situation, PN wants to sell motors, and i don't disagree with that. But at the Winter regional we went to last March... the motors were numbered and I didn't hear a single complaint about weak motors from anyone ! I don't know of anyone who asked for a replacement then.

Thanks for the comp... I look forward to racing your crew as well !!! :D

LouC
2006.04.06, 01:45 PM
Whats up Lou, I think I came in 2nd. Infinity came in 1st i was tied with on laps but i think it was wrong. Are you going at all this weekend.

Cant go at all this weekend.....how about you?
I will be there next Saturday.

LouC
2006.04.06, 01:47 PM
I have never attended a big race....look foward to it.
How does Al fit everyone??? :eek:

EMU
2006.04.06, 02:20 PM
My motor was alright at the event, but I have had some that were just horrible. A stock motor was faster :eek: In that case, I would think that it would be fine to purchase a replacement. I do not however feel that it is alright to exchange the motor free of charge, you pay for a second one and it is labeled

Lou, at large events, one pit spot per person is really all you get. There is enough space, as long as people dont bring their entire garage :rolleyes: So Ill leave mine at home :p

imxlr8ed
2006.04.06, 03:54 PM
The only reason I push for control over the motors is to prevent modifications such as swapping internals and timing resets. Ok... if someone does get a new motor, remark the can and put a designation on it so you know it's not the original handout, something like #23-2 (entry 23, second motor). And then hold onto the first one until the end of the event.

I hate to nitpick, but controls need to be in place to guarantee fairness.

Lionblade
2006.04.06, 04:21 PM
Did someone complain Saturday after the A main? I left midway, so I didn't see. But I can guess at who it was.

SaiTam
2006.04.06, 04:28 PM
Did someone complain Saturday after the A main? I left midway, so I didn't see. But I can guess at who it was.

A new rule was imposed after you left.

Vin, What was wrong that night? I saw you were mad about something.

Lionblade
2006.04.06, 04:33 PM
A new rule was imposed after you left.

Vin, What was wrong that night? I saw you were mad about something.

A few things, but the car, really. I'm so sick of my bodies beaking. I can't even BUY a good night lately.

And now I'm down to 2 beaten bodies. And the one I'm using now wouldn't even use the same setup..

My red Enzo had broken in the main, and thus, useless. So I kinda smashed it, to kill that damn thing forever. Downhill since the day I got it.

michvin
2006.04.06, 04:48 PM
Thanks... I understand the handout situation, PN wants to sell motors, and i don't disagree with that. But at the Winter regional we went to last March... the motors were numbered and I didn't hear a single complaint about weak motors from anyone ! I don't know of anyone who asked for a replacement then.
there's a difference between PN motors then and now. 05BB (which as i understand was used as a handout on last PN race) performance varies greatly across the batch. Regular PN (used at Winter regionals @Southshore) and previous versions are much more consistent. That might be the reason.
I do agree with you that changing the motor if you don't like it is the wrong thing to do.

imxlr8ed
2006.04.06, 05:29 PM
I don't know... maybe I'm going too far here, but I think having everyone on the same playing field is the best way to measure true skills. And whatever effort it takes to create that environment is well worth it ! I just hope it goes better for everyone at the next regional.

LouC
2006.04.06, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=LouC]

QUOTE]

According to Bennett who has been our past orgainzer, the PN regional will be held at Al's track some time in May; the PN finals this year will be at R/C Madness in CT. I could be wrong, check with Bennett when you see him.

Since I will not be around this weekend, if anyone finds out any dates for the race, please post them (or email me) so I can make sure to clear the dates on my calander. Thanks.

MagicMan
2006.04.06, 07:36 PM
I don't know... maybe I'm going too far here, but I think having everyone on the same playing field is the best way to measure true skills. And whatever effort it takes to create that environment is well worth it ! I just hope it goes better for everyone at the next regional.

I've been dying to do this :D (having everyone on the same field) but truth be told, even board to board, some give more power than others. And as we all know, no two motors are the same. You can come as close as you can to having everyone on the same playing field, but there will always be bitchin and moanin about something that someone had over someone else. :(

In the end, I find it most fun when stock class racing or even events, are just limited to a board/chasis (mr-02 with stock fets, 90,94,98mm wheelbase). Put whatever motor you want in it. It's on you if you blow your fets. If a car is too fast on straights, it will add time on turns. If a car is slow on straights, it will shave time on turns. It eventually evens out. :)

We all have different dreams. Unfortunately some can not possibly come true, although I'd love to see a class like I just mentioned actually happen, and I'd DEFINATELY love to see a good spec race like you are talking about. ;)

SaiTam
2006.04.06, 09:33 PM

The X-speed motors are very consistent IMO. Or, eliminate the straightaway on the date of the event.

lfisminiz
2006.04.06, 09:55 PM
Enjoyed your numerous threads you started. Good info. I was thinking ,if you or who ever has the expertise..do one on hi tech radios. I have the helios. I basically understand it but if you have the knowledge on what every settingon radio effects car that would be a good discussion. Be nice to have it explained in laymens terms o better understand. What do you think?

MINIz guy11
2006.04.06, 10:19 PM
sai, if you are going this sat, dont forget to bring those business cards! oh yea, magic, im gonna have my turbo next week so i was wondering which days you were gonna be there. you said $20 last sat but i dont know if you noticed it was me asking you.

MagicMan
2006.04.06, 11:35 PM
Enjoyed your numerous threads you started. Good info. I was thinking ,if you or who ever has the expertise..do one on hi tech radios. I have the helios. I basically understand it but if you have the knowledge on what every settingon radio effects car that would be a good discussion. Be nice to have it explained in laymens terms o better understand. What do you think?

First off, thank you very much. :) Secondly, that's HILLARIOUS, I had EXACTLY that in mind for my next addition. The TX. I own a Stock tx, Futaba 2PL, and a Futaba 3PK. I understand everything from exponential to liniar to end points to abs to sub trim to .. well you get the point. I'll be posting it up when I have some time to plan out the post with info. I'll aim it towards 3PK users, however, I'll label the functions in laymens so that you can relate the radios effects onto your controler whatever it may be, tronix helios futaba etc..

sai, if you are going this sat, dont forget to bring those business cards! oh yea, magic, im gonna have my turbo next week so i was wondering which days you were gonna be there. you said $20 last sat but i dont know if you noticed it was me asking you.

Yes I figured that was you. When you say next week... what days are you talking about? reguardless, bring it whenever you can! I'll see if I can do an on the spot installation. I'm swingin by just to say hi to some people this Saturday, and I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) to race with my guys. Reply with a link of the model turbo/nelly that you have when you get a chance.

See you guys soon

michvin
2006.04.07, 12:16 AM
First off, thank you very much. :) Secondly, that's HILLARIOUS, I had EXACTLY that in mind for my next addition. The TX. I own a Stock tx, Futaba 2PL, and a Futaba 3PK. I understand everything from exponential to liniar to end points to abs to sub trim to .. well you get the point. I'll be posting it up when I have some time to plan out the post with info. I'll aim it towards 3PK users, however, I'll label the functions in laymens so that you can relate the radios effects onto your controler whatever it may be, tronix helios futaba etc..

Yes I figured that was you. When you say next week... what days are you talking about? reguardless, bring it whenever you can! I'll see if I can do an on the spot installation. I'm swingin by just to say hi to some people this Saturday, and I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) to race with my guys. Reply with a link of the model turbo/nelly that you have when you get a chance.

See you guys soon
are u guys going tomorrow (Fri)?

MagicMan
2006.04.07, 12:18 AM
are u guys going tomorrow (Fri)?

I sure am. Sai may come, Eugene is coming. KC wont make it this time. But he usually comes Fri's.

Are you coming Mike?

michvin
2006.04.07, 12:21 AM
I sure am. Sai may come, Eugene is coming. KC wont make it this time. But he usually comes Fri's.

Are you coming Mike?
i hope so, but there's couple of unknown factors, like work, wife etc :)

MagicMan
2006.04.07, 12:25 AM

awesome, well let me know. Or call Eugene and see what you guys can set up. Be there, or be ware!

MINIz guy11
2006.04.07, 07:43 AM
Yes I figured that was you. When you say next week... what days are you talking about? reguardless, bring it whenever you can! I'll see if I can do an on the spot installation. I'm swingin by just to say hi to some people this Saturday, and I'll be there tomorrow (Friday) to race with my guys. Reply with a link of the model turbo/nelly that you have when you get a chance. its a overland and im gonna do a woah nelly evo turbo. i also am just too lazy to finish a motor im working on so i need you to solder on some caps. ill be at the track next fri and not today. ill also be there sat but i dont think my turbo will be here by then

SaiTam
2006.04.07, 09:55 AM
I can't make it today (Friday)

I packed a lot of heavy grease on my broken front diff(chipped gears), now it feels fine.

imxlr8ed
2006.04.07, 11:20 AM
I'd love to see a class like I just mentioned actually happen, and I'd DEFINATELY love to see a good spec race like you are talking about. ;)

Check this out...

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/results/2006-02-26_A_Main_OLPS_race_3.htm

Doesn't get much closer than this !

This is what HFAY is all about, I really do hope you guys could make it down sometime to participate, just check the calendar on our site to see what Sunday we are running HFAY.

http://www.dorksonwheels.com/forums/calendar.php?

MINIz guy11
2006.04.07, 08:13 PM
thats a lot of laps.

MagicMan
2006.04.08, 07:06 AM
thats a lot of laps.

5 second laps for that long... I'd expect that many. If you get dizy fast, that'd suck. LOL :p

philly
2006.04.12, 11:14 PM
hey magic there was a change of plans my dad is sick so i might6 make it for friday nite!

ZYHAC
2006.04.13, 08:05 AM

Hey Mike if you need a ride on Fri and/or Sat let me know.

Lionblade
2006.04.13, 12:03 PM
Al's latest e-mail:

Hi, everyone! Hope all of the kids are enjoying Spring Break, and that the grown-ups are having fun putting up with them!

For those of you who like a technical track, you got it this week! Some of you got a taste of it last night. Driving skill will DEFINITELY beat speed on this one!

Tonight - Cash racing! The pot was BIG last Thursday, and I'd like to try to top it this week. It's Spring Break, so the kids are off from school and many people are off from work tomorrow, so let me give out A LOT of money tonight! Come on down!

Friday - Open practice - All classes w/ practice heat races. (You'll need it on this track!)

Saturday - THE ACTION RC EASTER EGG HUNT! There won't be any jelly beans in these eggs, but I know you'll like what you do find in them. We'll be running our regular Saturday practice and racing schedule.

Upcoming events:
The PN Racing Northeast regional race will be hosted by Action RC Mini Speedway on Saturday, June 3rd. This will be an all day event, and space will be limited. I will keep you posted with additional information shortly, but I wanted to give everyone a heads-up to keep the date open.

AWD and Mini Cooper Spec - Thank you to all of you who responded with your feedback. I'm working on getting the schedule set for the next point series. It should be a good one!

That's it for now. Keep your opinions coming regarding anything track-related. Have any ideas or suggestions? I love to hear what you guys think, so feel free to email any time. See you soon, but if not, have a great holiday! Happy Easter! Happy Passover!

Just figured I'd post it in case anyone isn't on the mailing list.

SaiTam
2006.04.14, 12:13 PM
I'm practicing at Al's tonight. Anyone wants to carpool from Manhattan?

philly
2006.04.14, 11:30 PM
u gunna make this satuday Lou :eek:

LouC
2006.04.15, 09:26 AM
u gunna make this satuday Lou :eek:

yeah - ill be there philly.....
see you later?

Lionblade
2006.04.15, 01:17 PM
So how tight is this track?

philly
2006.04.15, 11:58 PM
it is pretty tight and long with alot of turns, most of the track is 2 tile wide but it is a great layout

EMU
2006.04.16, 03:13 AM
So how tight is this track?
The best layout I have run at ARCMS so far :D Changes the rythem a little... Not as tight as the mini tile I have obviously, but a good layout nonetheless. Laptimes were a little slower, TQ was 28L, top stock main was 56L. Didnt get the laps for the mod or F1.

MINIz guy11
2006.04.16, 12:00 PM
i also liked the layout on saturday. my laptimes were the slowest but i was running a stock motor.

philly
2006.04.17, 01:28 AM
im out for wensday nite ill be in jesery and on saturday too

philly
2006.04.18, 02:11 AM
I got a fairly new hpi rs4 evo3 for sale with alot of hop ups, its has 2 hitec servos, aluminum treaded body shocks, an os engines .12CVRX and a ths racing aluminum tuned pipe(80$) and the stock body and a custom painted red and black ferrari 360 modena body asking 270$ or best offer

builthatch
2006.04.18, 12:13 PM
I got a fairly new hpi rs4 evo3 for sale with alot of hop ups, its has 2 hitec servos, aluminum treaded body shocks, an os engines .12CVRX and a ths racing aluminum tuned pipe(80$) and the stock body and a custom painted red and black ferrari 360 modena body asking 270$ or best offer

does this include a radio? i have a friend who is looking for a nitro RTR. let me know and if you have pics, attach them.

philly
2006.04.18, 02:32 PM
ok i have the hitec servos in it but i also have stock elecronics if u want them or if he wants a 2pl i can sell for like 40bucks.
ill will send pics wen i get home on thursday
it is like brand new but i dont use it and i need money for a 10th scale car so u have to do wat u have to do.

SaiTam
2006.04.19, 11:20 AM
I couldn't resist adding various stickers on my Odyssey!@!!!!@@!!

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/side.jpg

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/Front.jpg

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/Rear.jpg

Type R stickers added another 3000RPM!!!

Check my gallery for more pics.

mini-z champion
2006.04.19, 01:38 PM

LouC:

On Aug.20.2005, PN regional race at NY, Eugene was in the C-main, now he makes the A-main all the time. Magic was running at your level just two years ago, look at him now, he is kicking serious _$$.

My point, or words of encourgement, is:
Don't sell yourself short.
Be positive, put a little more heart in it and more track time, you'll be a lot better than you think you'll be.
You can almost take my words to the bank. :D

mini-z champion
2006.04.20, 10:46 AM
Type R stickers added another 3000RPM!!!

Hi, Sai:

I need some of those stickers! :)

EMU
2006.04.20, 10:52 AM
mini-z champion:
Just wondering, who are you?

philly
2006.04.20, 10:04 PM
if u r still interested in the car send me your email adress and ill send u the pics

philly
2006.04.21, 10:25 PM
hey anyone know why Brownies is closed?

EMU
2006.04.22, 12:30 AM
hey anyone know why Brownies is closed?
They closed? Are they still going to run 1:18 offroad?

philly
2006.04.22, 12:38 AM
im not sure cuz i havent been there in a while but i dint look in the back to see if there was anyone there racing

EMU
2006.04.22, 02:40 AM
I just got a buggy, and plan to get another so me and Magic can race... The Monsters are fun, but not really what I am looking for in the offroad area. I got a Duratrax Vendetta, and just ordered a Duratrax Mini-Quake SE kit from Tower... I have 4 IB 1200 packs coming my way, so I am ready for some stock class offroad racing.

My Mini-Z's satisfy my onroad racing needs, but for offroad, 1:18 is the minimum scale to race in my opinion. The Vendetta is great, hugs the ground, and is very stable. I havent got my batteries or charger adapter for my Intellipeak digital charger yet, so I am still using the stock 600mah nicd pack which gives me about 5 minutes runtime.

LouC
2006.04.22, 08:14 AM
I was there yesterday and they were open. JB is on vacation, that might be why they closed early. Word is they hope to start the Friday night racing sometime next month.

MINIz guy11
2006.04.22, 11:40 AM
EMU, i heard from somewhere the Vendetta bottoms out on jumps and is pretty low. Has this been the case for you yet? Also heard the elctronics aren't the best but heard you can use full size electronics. Is this true?

EMU
2006.04.22, 11:58 AM
I havent run it on jumps yet, just around the park a little and it doesnt seem too low. There are options to raise the ride height anyway. Electronics arent too great, but im not complaining. It moves :p

Lou, is there a restriction to what can be run? 1/18 buggy, truggy? Would a Mini-Quake be able to run? How about a Mini-LST... Motor has to be stock, and a 6 cell 2/3A pack... What are you going to run?

I ordered a Mini-Quake SE and a LRP AI Runner Reverse ESC. I have the receiver and servo from both of my 27mhz TX's...

Lionblade
2006.04.22, 12:09 PM
How late have you guys been finishing lately(with the stock mains, I mean)?

If I can actually get there, I might be able to square away my setup as well... :rolleyes:

EMU
2006.04.22, 12:12 PM
We have been finishing before 11 with the stock mains lately.

MINIz guy11
2006.04.22, 12:27 PM
EMU, i think its harder to race with a mini lst since it has 2 motors. you probraly need to go into a seprate class just to race those

builthatch
2006.04.22, 04:05 PM
I havent run it on jumps yet, just around the park a little and it doesnt seem too low. There are options to raise the ride height anyway. Electronics arent too great, but im not complaining. It moves :p

Lou, is there a restriction to what can be run? 1/18 buggy, truggy? Would a Mini-Quake be able to run? How about a Mini-LST... Motor has to be stock, and a 6 cell 2/3A pack... What are you going to run?

I ordered a Mini-Quake SE and a LRP AI Runner Reverse ESC. I have the receiver and servo from both of my 27mhz TX's...

now we are talking! my new m18t is ready to go with it's cobalt 14 turn...actually both of my 1/18ths run this motor.

i HIGHLY recommend this crazy motor to you EMU.

Lionblade
2006.04.23, 12:51 AM
Now I know why my car has been handling like crap the last few times... :)

Reminder: People, check your t-plates! Even if it doesn't look cracked at first, make sure! I actually hadn't thought it was cracked when I looked at it the first time...but EMU pointed it out. Whoops. Still made the B. :rolleyes:

EMU
2006.04.23, 01:54 AM
BH, we can only use stock motors, so the motor will be of no use in my racing car, although I may get it for tearing up the park. I have to get upgraded universals for the Vendetta first...

The Mini LST is in a class of its own, literally :p

LouC
2006.04.23, 08:33 AM
Rules for Brownies back yard racing are posted on their web site.
www.brownieshobbies.com

Click the racing tab.

I will find out this week it they are going to run a buggy class as well.

EMU
2006.04.23, 11:26 AM
Rules for Brownies back yard racing are posted on their web site.
www.brownieshobbies.com

Click the racing tab.

I will find out this week it they are going to run a buggy class as well.
Thanks lou ;)

LouC
2006.04.23, 12:22 PM
I am selling my Xray. I plan on putting up on Ebay this week.
Before I do - anybody on this board interested???
Only ran it once. Completely updgraded.

Graphite chasis, xray diffs, alumimum parts, 3 batt packs, corvette body, extra wheels, tires ,springs, hitech servo, futaba ESC and receiver.

$250

I have pic's - if interseted, email me and will send them.

philly
2006.04.24, 11:44 PM
yea theres probably going to be a rc18t, mini lst, rc18b classes depending on how many people show up with these cars.

LouC
2006.04.25, 05:27 PM
Thanks lou ;)
EMU - Brownies does plan on running a buggy class and the vendetta will be allowed to run.

Not sure about the mini quake - i forgot to ask. :confused:

monkey19
2006.04.26, 02:08 PM
EMU - Brownies does plan on running a buggy class and the vendetta will be allowed to run.

Not sure about the mini quake - i forgot to ask. :confused:

i am thinking about picking up a vendetta and start racing on Fridays (although I have no dirt track racing experience)

LouC
2006.04.27, 01:55 PM
EMU - Does Kyosho make a ball diff for the rear?
Where did you get the one way from?

EMU
2006.04.27, 02:02 PM
EMU - Does Kyosho make a ball diff for the rear?
Where did you get the one way from?
Kyosho will be releaseing a rear ball diff eventually, but have yet to even release a date for it. I got my front one way from ebay as soon as it was available. I paid about $40 for it :eek:

Atomic has a front one way out, that costs about $18 + shipping from HK. By the time it gets over here it will be more expensive. ARCMS simply cannot get the same prices on parts from HK that you can if you order them yourself. ATM parts are pretty good, the ball diff is good, so I can only expect that their one way is good as well.
RC Mart http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_757_76_856&products_id=18060

Anyone that wants to buy anything from me in this thread, http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=224840#post224840 let me know, I will offer a discount to anyone from the track. And if anyone wants a race ready MR02 chassis, contact me and we can work on pricing. You can get my email through my profile.

SaiTam
2006.04.27, 02:09 PM
Eugene,

Are the Iwaver tires any good? And are the IWaver bearigns interchangable with MR-02?

Sai.

You missed a great night of racing last night in NJ. Willy, Roland and I were head-to-head for the whole 8 min A-main. When we crossed the finished line we were separated by less than 2 sec. I also easily won the 4WD main since Magic wasn't there. Last night we set up banked curves too.

EMU
2006.04.27, 02:34 PM
I have had mixed experience with the Iwaver tires. I dont know how they are now, but the most recent set that I had were like Kyosho 20's.

Glad you had a good time last night, would have loved to have been there.

builthatch
2006.04.27, 04:23 PM
ARCMS simply cannot get the same prices on parts from HK that you can if you order them yourself. .

EMU, the HK manufacturers actually offer great discounts when you setup direct with them an order in volume. He could offer great pricing and actually profit. for instance, 1k can quickly turn itself over if he decided to setup with say ATOMIC, buy-in pretty deep, and setup an ebay shop to supplement his track-side shop. This way he would actually be able to move volume and validate it as an investment worth making. You know the people at the track would purchase a decent volume....and, with Ebay, he would not even have to whore the parts, the fact he is selling in the US...and that he is bought-in pretty deep: he would be able to make money selling these parts with the inherent margins from his discount while still being competitve and also, he is in the US and it would not take 2-3+ weeks to get parts- a really attractive point for many enthusiasts.

EMU
2006.04.27, 11:18 PM
EMU, the HK manufacturers actually offer great discounts when you setup direct with them an order in volume. He could offer great pricing and actually profit. for instance, 1k can quickly turn itself over if he decided to setup with say ATOMIC, buy-in pretty deep, and setup an ebay shop to supplement his track-side shop. This way he would actually be able to move volume and validate it as an investment worth making. You know the people at the track would purchase a decent volume....and, with Ebay, he would not even have to whore the parts, the fact he is selling in the US...and that he is bought-in pretty deep: he would be able to make money selling these parts with the inherent margins from his discount while still being competitve and also, he is in the US and it would not take 2-3+ weeks to get parts- a really attractive point for many enthusiasts.
I have already suggested this, but Al is satisfied with his current position and has no plans to expand. With an alternative source of sales of parts, it would be much easier to go through stock that nobody looks at at ARCMS. There is a decent market for the OL and 01 parts, that are just sitting on his shelves. Since they are now fairly hard to get, he could even sell them at over face value prices since they are NOS instead of trying to sell them at reduced value and not even having them leave the shelves.

If I had a track setup, you could bet that I would have an internet sales department to compliment the track revenue. I dont have the time, capital or licenses to setup such a deal, which is why I offered to help ARCMS...

builthatch
2006.04.28, 01:14 AM
I have already suggested this, but Al is satisfied with his current position and has no plans to expand. With an alternative source of sales of parts, it would be much easier to go through stock that nobody looks at at ARCMS. There is a decent market for the OL and 01 parts, that are just sitting on his shelves. Since they are now fairly hard to get, he could even sell them at over face value prices since they are NOS instead of trying to sell them at reduced value and not even having them leave the shelves.

If I had a track setup, you could bet that I would have an internet sales department to compliment the track revenue. I dont have the time, capital or licenses to setup such a deal, which is why I offered to help ARCMS...

i'll show up at the track with my picket sign saying "Eugene for internet partner @ ARCMS!"

actually, i need to just show up at this point. jeez.

BTW, EMU- do you race with Ron and Magic over in Paramus?

EMU
2006.04.28, 01:26 AM
i'll show up at the track with my picket sign saying "Eugene for internet partner @ ARCMS!"

actually, i need to just show up at this point. jeez.

BTW, EMU- do you race with Ron and Magic over in Paramus?
I never offered to do his internet sales, I suggested that he should setup an ebay account for the shop and sell parts. If he needed help setting it up, I would show him the ropes. The more he takes in, the cheaper his costs would be and the more profit he would get off the parts that he sold online as well as the shop.

I had thought about buying some bulk before and distributing it on ebay, but never got around to it. I mainly wanted to do that to subsidise my cost on new parts and RCs.

I have raced with them when I didnt have work for two weeks, good competition there. The track isnt as good as the one at ARCMS grip wise, but it is still a good track to race at.

michvin
2006.04.28, 11:43 AM

It might be that his agreements with PN/Atomic/whatever prohibit online sales. I know that when Dennis opened his track PN forbided him to sell their parts online.

arch2b
2006.04.28, 12:09 PM
could he not reduce overstock via ebay? ****** floods ebay with mini-z items. mzr has an ebay account, panic toys is on ebay as well. i think you'll find this becoming much more common.

SaiTam
2006.04.28, 12:42 PM
I don't think Al likes partnership or anything that deals with the Internet.

gasman1
2006.04.29, 09:16 AM
Any of you guys heard anything more are the regional Al is supposed to be hosting June 3. I haven't seen anythng on Al's or PN's site about signup or details. Time is running out, it's only 4 weeks away.

SaiTam
2006.04.29, 09:25 AM
EMU and MikeV

If you need a ride from Manh.let me know before 11:30pm today.

michvin
2006.04.29, 10:40 AM
Any of you guys heard anything more are the regional Al is supposed to be hosting June 3. I haven't seen anythng on Al's or PN's site about signup or details. Time is running out, it's only 4 weeks away.
We'll talk to Bennet (friend of Phillip of PN) today and will update the community.

EMU
2006.04.29, 11:22 AM
EMU and MikeV

If you need a ride from Manh.let me know before 11:30pm today.
I wont be able to make it today, I will definitely be there next week.

Lionblade
2006.04.29, 01:26 PM

He hasn't said a thing. :confused:

On another note, does anyone have a hard CF t-plate? I have RM ones, but they don't work with my setup. And all of my MM ones have broke.

I was using a broken one last week...which explains why I was spinning all over the place. Stupid hairline snaps.

Also, anyone have a beater body I could use for today? Since EMU won't be there, the only body I've really got available is the white Enzo(which is pretty much a hazard itself) and the black SLR(which will break in a second).

LouC
2006.05.03, 09:04 AM
for those who may have not gotten this....

From Al:

Hi everyone! Just a few quick updates and some exciting news for you! Some of you know this already if you were at the track Saturday, but for those who weren't:

- The PN Northeast regional Race has been moved to June 11th. It will be an all-day event. More information to follow, but for now, keep the date open.

- Wednesday nights: Open Practice 7-9:30

- Thursday nights: (7-9:30) The price of cash racing has been reduced to $10 - just like a normal practice night. Yes, this lowers the pot, but not by much, and more importantly...

MINI COOPER SPEC class will begin this Thursday! It will not be a cash event, but 3 qualifiers and a main will be run - just like regular stock class cash racing and Saturday racing. For $10 on a Thursday night, you can run stock and MCS, and take home some cash! What's better than that!

Some basic MCS rules... (A few revisions from last time.)
- Any radio can be used
- Any Mini Cooper body can be run - painted or unpainted - with windows and roof panel.
- Only the box stock motor can be used
- Any rubber tire compounds can be used
- Any batteries can be used
- T-plates, front springs, and pinion gears can be changed. EVERYTHING ELSE BESIDES PLATES, TIRES, SPRINGS, AND PINION CANNOT BE CHANGED!

This is a true driver's class, and promises to be a lot of fun!

Friday nights: Open Practice

Saturday: Racing will now start at 5:00 instead of 6:00. Why? Because it's time to break out the All Wheel Drives! That's right - AWD class starts this Saturday! It will be a 7 week championship, of which 5 weeks will count. The AWD rules will be simple. It will be an open class, with basic restrictions:
- You must run a Kyosho body with full windows.
- Tires must be rubber
That's about it for now as far as AWD. Like all of the other classes, we'll see how it progresses and make changes if necessary.

If you do not have an AWD or Mini Cooper yet - come this week and get one! AWD will be a great second class for guys only running stock, and Mini Cooper is just plain fun - and a great way to get an extra night of racing in during the week - not to mention stock cash racing, which is always fun.

MagicMan
2006.05.04, 12:27 PM
I LOVE the paintjob you did on my Atomic body :) I need to get me some Tamiya paint. Thanx ! You're the Man! :D

michvin
2006.05.04, 12:47 PM
I LOVE the paintjob you did on my Atomic body :) I need to get me some Tamiya paint. Thanx ! You're the Man! :D
You welcome :)
if you're ordering paint do it from tower. cheap and huge selection

builthatch
2006.05.04, 12:55 PM
You welcome :)
if you're ordering paint do it from tower. cheap and huge selection

and you know it wont be old stock coming from Tower. I had some issues with some locally bought paint (for lexan) and i bought the same stuff from Tower and it 1. came out 10000% better and 2. was cheaper.

SaiTam
2006.05.04, 01:52 PM
Although I don't like painting, I use almost exclusively Tamiya paint. One time I even shipped myself a can of Raybrig purple from overseas since it was not available in the US. The result was outstanding and accurate compared to the real Raybrig NSX.

michvin
2006.05.05, 02:13 AM
tamiya is only paint i know that doesn't require base coat on plastic. And the coverage is fantastic - thin but very solid layer: My mclaren, tamiya painted, with two different colors one ON TOP of the other (the blue/green one) is 1 gram lighter than the Autoscale maclaren

philly
2006.05.11, 05:11 PM
biulthatch r u still looking to buy my car?

LouC
2006.05.12, 10:26 AM

whats up philly??
you racing this weekend?

builthatch
2006.05.12, 12:10 PM

it wasnt me, it was a friend who was looking for a nitro. and no, he's no longer looking but thanks ; )

Spoon
2006.05.12, 01:05 PM
Anybody going to Action RC tonight. I am in town and I think I am going to head down. I won't be able to make it for the racing tomorrow though. I am a little bummed about that...I want to check out the local competition.

builthatch
2006.05.12, 01:26 PM
Anybody going to Action RC tonight. I am in town and I think I am going to head down. I won't be able to make it for the racing tomorrow though. I am a little bummed about that...I want to check out the local competition.

you'll be impressed by the venue.

SaiTam
2006.05.12, 01:51 PM

Most of the non Staten Island guys may not make it tonight. They went yesterday and will go again on Saturday. Store hours: 7:00pm--10:30pm for Friday. I may or may not make it tonight. In order for me to go I have to take a ferry + bus back to NYC; get my car and drive to the track in rush hour traffic.

SaiTam
2006.05.12, 04:45 PM
DO NOT GO TO THE TRACK TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, due to some family obligations, I have to close the track tonight. Action RC will be open for normal hours on Saturday as usual for another night of fun racing. The new track is really cool, so hopefully, we'll see you there tomorrow night.

Al