PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

OffTheWall329
2009.11.24, 05:13 PM
hey Al, what time tomorrow?

Fifty7
2009.11.24, 05:59 PM
Marty: Should people bring donations to the track? Anyone who brings in a pack of socks will get a free soda on me.

Yes that would be great. They will be shipped out on Friday December 4th and I will be there tomorrow and next Thursday.

Jack- will we be having tacos for tomorrows thanksgiving eve race?

jackg
2009.11.24, 06:43 PM
i will post during the day tomorrow to let you know. what time is the track open? -j

jackg
2009.11.25, 08:51 AM
wow I've been watching the weather get worse and worse for the last two hours. rain blows goats. -j

Fifty7
2009.11.25, 10:11 AM
wow I've been watching the weather get worse and worse for the last two hours. rain blows goats. -j

No windows in my basement office so in my mind it's sunny and 75 out there

jackg
2009.11.25, 12:24 PM
there are golfers out on the course. those guys are as crazy as mini-z racers:D -j

ActionRC
2009.11.25, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone! The track opens tonight at 7pm as usual during the week. Hopefully, I am getting out of work a little early today because last night traffic was a mess. People on the belt drive like Stugotz running for a Division 3 Championship! "I'm TQ! I'm TQ!"

George - I was thinking that too about Stugotz's "exhausted" post. He doesn't even have to drive! He could sleep in the car back on the way back to Belaire! Imagine if he had to set up a race track at 2am and then wake up with the kids at 7am!

Leave it to Stu to get robbed of the small piece of achievement and satisfaction of having the 5000th post! Crop was the one who mentioned to me that it was coming up, and he was going to try to get it, but he must have forgotten.

I had some hard shell tacos last night and enjoyed every one immensely, as I wasn't able to get any last Saturday from Macho Nacho! Hard shells and limes - very important.

FINE PRINT: The prize for the 5000th post holder was a one day/zero night vacation from Long Island to beautiful Action RC in lovely dowtown Staten Island. (Transportation expenses to be paid by the receipient of this prize.)

Scrapper
2009.11.25, 03:43 PM
free racing
`

Fifty7
2009.11.25, 03:48 PM
Ta-co or not Ta-co. That, is the question!!

LogicBytes
2009.11.25, 03:52 PM
FINE PRINT: The prize for the 5000th post holder was a one day/zero night vacation from Long Island to beautiful Action RC in lovely dowtown Staten Island. (Transportation expenses to be paid by the receipient of this prize.)

:eek:

LMAO

See you tonight

jackg
2009.11.25, 05:25 PM
sorry guys- i will be cooking for tomorrow and i will not be able to make the trip to S.I. Al you are right and i will get a case of hard shells and coronafruit- i mean limes and i will not run out again:D Happy Thanksgiving everyone. see you all sat night. -j

J-Milz
2009.11.26, 01:11 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

CDR racing
2009.11.28, 02:46 AM
Hey Guys, I just did a big update on the f******k page. I know it's been kind of dead lately, but now that football season is over I have more time to work on it, so it should be pretty active until next August lol. Anyway, lots of new stuff, new pics of the new location, birthday party pics, and I finally added Marty's cop car to the racer's rides section. Don't forget if any of you want your paintjobs up there just post them on the wall and I'll add them. If you're not on f******k but still want it up there, let me know and ill work it out. Now that the page will be updated more often, we could use your help in letting it grow. Send an invite to any and all you're friends who might be interested, and hopefully we can get some new racers. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for something to add to the page to make it better just let me or Al know and we'll try out your ideas. See you all tomorrow, (later tonight). LOOK OUT, CDR RACING IS BACK IN FULL FORCE TONIGHT.

hpotter
2009.11.29, 03:10 AM
I forget to tell you I didn't mean to take you out like that and cause you the race but I broke an arm from an earlier crash and was just trying to get out of the way :o

EMU
2009.11.29, 12:10 PM
Tom, dont worry about it. No hard feelings. Its just fun racing, I dont take it too seriously.

minittrackmann
2009.11.29, 12:35 PM
Eugen you going out to the Tekin nationals?

ActionRC
2009.11.30, 09:22 AM
GREAT STAR TO THE NEW POINT SERIES! We had great races all night. I'll have the new points posted soon on the website.

Jack - Last week's email to you failed. Please send me a new one so I can add the new address to the list. I have a Verizon address for you.

Mike - Tell Joe his failed also.

More updates later. Send Crop pics!!!:D

J-Milz
2009.11.30, 10:02 AM
Bashcar oval! The hardest part of that class is not gettin hit in the corners by someone 3 laps down. Despite that I think it's by far the most fun class! We should definetly have just one group. Let's see how fast the A main'ers are with guys in the bottom of the C mix it up. I tried my 03 in stock for the first time and despite the bumpiness (is that a word?) it ran well. So well that I bought another for the new "narrow" class with a box stock rear motor and a ball diff. It made 1 lap more than my old 015 that has been set up for months! Can't wait to get a dampner on it.

PS: Who said AWD is too slow with a 70t?

ShortBus
2009.11.30, 12:35 PM
Overall - how was the "open" Nascar class and how did it compare to when it was just stock 015?? Can wait to get mine on the track !!

Fifty7
2009.11.30, 03:04 PM
Bashcar oval! The hardest part of that class is not gettin hit in the corners by someone 3 laps down. Despite that I think it's by far the most fun class! We should definetly have just one group. Let's see how fast the A main'ers are with guys in the bottom of the C mix it up.

Haven't you ever heard of "be careful what you wish for"?

PadrinoNY
2009.11.30, 03:34 PM
Sounds like everyone had fun Saturday. Too bad I missed it. It's gonna be a while before I go back to ARCMS :(.

Jamil- I'll see if one of my boys Jose or Courtney will drop those parts off to Al for you.

TomSr
2009.11.30, 04:22 PM
Overall - how was the "open" Nascar class and how did it compare to when it was just stock 015?? Can wait to get mine on the track !!

NASCAR class was a lot of fun. All I did to mine from last time was change to regular (black) rims and tires. The car ran so much better then with those NASCAR tires used last time. It was faster racing (and crashing) but it's a huge oval so we pick up lots of speed and pretty much maintained it. Great having that class back.

I had fun Saturday night with both Crop and Tom Jr there and ran fairly well all considered.

EMU
2009.11.30, 05:23 PM
PS: Who said AWD is too slow with a 70t?
I did. I went through 7; 70t motors to find the fastest. Also, I charged my cells at 3A to get the speed I needed to match the 2wd on the straights. I dont think my batteries are going to be able to keep up for long charging the way that I am. The car was quick, but needs a lot of work. There was some binding in the drivetrain with the 70t which wasnt there with the Speedy 07bb that it replaced. I need to figure it out, and shim it up for next race.

With Nascar I started with my MR02 that I used for the 90mm class at the PN regional. It has narrow bars on the front, and I used the rear from my old Nascar (motormount/diff/suspension). I changed the rear wheels to BLACK 1mm offset, and used my last set of ATM 8d rear tires. I used the same front knuckles and wheels from my last Nascar setup as well for the first qualifier. 2nd Qualifier I used Nascar wheels in front with LM 30d tires. It was good at first, but then developed a slight push as the tires wore in. I think I need to try LM 20d with some sidewall glue... I want to try to make it simple to go to a roadcourse setup without changing the chassis, but... it may be a good place to test the MR03 ;)

Fun racing... Oval is a completely different type of racing than road course, and I am starting to appreciate that. I caught myself watching a few Nascar races this season, even when I could have chosen not to.

tommy_greeneyes
2009.11.30, 07:48 PM
i will be coming soon to race nascar.just the oval.:D

J-Milz
2009.11.30, 10:58 PM
Eugene your AWD narrow was super fast, and it seemed dominant in the narrow class during the qual's. But, considering what you had to do to the batteries and 7 motors later. It doesn't seem worth it. Just getting the AWD to hook in my opinion is something beyond my understanding. I'm thinking bout goin large. Can't wait to try the Atomic 21.5 wheels on the BASHCAR for the ovals.

EMU
2009.12.01, 05:44 AM
Eugene your AWD narrow was super fast, and it seemed dominant in the narrow class during the qual's. But, considering what you had to do to the batteries and 7 motors later. It doesn't seem worth it. Just getting the AWD to hook in my opinion is something beyond my understanding. I'm thinking bout goin large. Can't wait to try the Atomic 21.5 wheels on the BASHCAR for the ovals.
The car was fast in the qualifiers, but after the 5 minute mark in the main, I started to feel slow on the straight and exiting the corners. I made up for it by entering the corners a bit harder. I think that it was a good idea to keep the AWD with the same motor that is used with the 2wd. I was actually somewhat surprised with the speed that the car had. I had the motor in my p934 setup that I used a while back, which was considerably faster than any of the other motors that I have been using in the 015 class. I felt that I had enough speed with an average 70t with a 2wd car, that a faster motor wouldnt help. It is corner speed that I seek, not straightaway speed. Straightaway speed usually comes with corner speed. Enter the straight fast, and you will go faster down it. Now I want to try a slightly smaller body that allows me to keep the same wheels and tires on it...

Next race I am going to charge my batteries at a reasonable amperage as well. I dont know if I damaged them by charging so high, but I wanted to see how fast it would be.

Number1
2009.12.01, 01:46 PM
NASCAR class was a lot of fun. All I did to mine from last time was change to regular (black) rims and tires. The car ran so much better then with those NASCAR tires used last time. It was faster racing (and crashing) but it's a huge oval so we pick up lots of speed and pretty much maintained it. Great having that class back.

I had fun Saturday night with both Crop and Tom Jr there and ran fairly well all considered.

It's nice to hear you guys haveing more fun running oval with open tires rule.

I'm the one who told Al to open the tires rule for oval two years ago, but the thick headed Al,:eek:, did not open his mind until now. But, better late than never.:D

CDR racing
2009.12.01, 08:11 PM
Hmm...Al this could be problem, I just realized you've opened Pandora's box with this whole new tire rule. EMU never could write too much about his tire compounds in NASCAR the old way, but now uh oh, i feel another novel coming on.:D

EMU
2009.12.01, 09:28 PM
I did a lot of small things to my Nascar tires before. Probably giving me more of an advantage than having an open tire rule would. Restricting it to one type of tire, makes every little advantage you can get magnify. I would true them down, carve grooves, glue up the sidewalls, I even cut down the sidewall and made the fronts narrower (until that was deemed illegal). With a more open type of setup, there are more options to make the cars faster, and instead of doing small tricks to try to get the car to perform the way you want, you can try a different compound or tread pattern. Making it a more level playing field for people that dont know as many tricks to change the grip on a given compound...

Watching the racing on Sat, there were many fast cars. The one that really caught my eye was Jim's #88. That thing was booking it around the track. I know he said he doesnt let off, it looked glued. I think if he slowed down a little more in the middle of the corner, he would have been much more consistant. He ran it wide a few times that I noticed, and bumped the outside rail on the straightaway. Which a couple times led to multi-car wrecks. Even if you CAN go flat out around the track, it is usually better to let off a little on turn in, and get back on throttle on corner exit.

In general, I think it is very important to have good announcing during the Nascar race. Announcing the actual cars that are in the race, especially when coming up on traffic. In real Nascar there are spotters, maybe we should make a team race where one person drives and another person acts as their spotter and lets them know what cars they are passing or coming in for a pass... I do enjoy having the young guys announce the race, it adds excitement, but I lose track of where other cars are around me, and when I come in to pass a lapped car, it is very aggrevating to have the door shut as soon as I get ready to take it. I dont want to get back into the battling for the lead lap discussion, but I have lost many races because I have been taken out while leading. 2 weeks ago was one of the worst that I have had. I lead every lap in the F1 race at the MHS Garden State Shootout, and on the last lap, halfway through the lap I was trying to setup for a turn inside of a backmarker, and we banged and I ended up on top of the rail. Losing the lead, and finishing .3s behind my arch nemesis Sai Tam! Let us remember who our leaders are, and let them run their race.

I try hard not to just dive into the corner when passing a backmarker, and always try to do it clean when I have a comfortable gap. But when I am driving strapped, trying to get a gap or close a gap, there is no time to wait behind a lapped car. Leader should always have the right of way on the track. Battling for the lead lap doesnt work, it only hurts the leader who has worked hard to get the gap that he has. And if you are going a lap down, then things are not going your way and you should concede the position with honor instead of trying to race them and increase their chances of losing the position if you two get tangled up. If you have the pace, you will be able to keep them from getting to the point of lapping you. If not you should let them by in a safe and timely manner.

minittrackmann
2009.12.01, 10:04 PM
Totally off topic, but is there going to be a winternats this year?

CDR racing
2009.12.01, 10:41 PM
I did a lot of small things to my Nascar tires before. Probably giving me more of an advantage than having an open tire rule would. Restricting it to one type of tire, makes every little advantage you can get magnify. I would true them down, carve grooves, glue up the sidewalls, I even cut down the sidewall and made the fronts narrower (until that was deemed illegal). With a more open type of setup, there are more options to make the cars faster, and instead of doing small tricks to try to get the car to perform the way you want, you can try a different compound or tread pattern. Making it a more level playing field for people that dont know as many tricks to change the grip on a given compound...

Watching the racing on Sat, there were many fast cars. The one that really caught my eye was Jim's #88. That thing was booking it around the track. I know he said he doesnt let off, it looked glued. I think if he slowed down a little more in the middle of the corner, he would have been much more consistant. He ran it wide a few times that I noticed, and bumped the outside rail on the straightaway. Which a couple times led to multi-car wrecks. Even if you CAN go flat out around the track, it is usually better to let off a little on turn in, and get back on throttle on corner exit.

In general, I think it is very important to have good announcing during the Nascar race. Announcing the actual cars that are in the race, especially when coming up on traffic. In real Nascar there are spotters, maybe we should make a team race where one person drives and another person acts as their spotter and lets them know what cars they are passing or coming in for a pass... I do enjoy having the young guys announce the race, it adds excitement, but I lose track of where other cars are around me, and when I come in to pass a lapped car, it is very aggrevating to have the door shut as soon as I get ready to take it. I dont want to get back into the battling for the lead lap discussion, but I have lost many races because I have been taken out while leading. 2 weeks ago was one of the worst that I have had. I lead every lap in the F1 race at the MHS Garden State Shootout, and on the last lap, halfway through the lap I was trying to setup for a turn inside of a backmarker, and we banged and I ended up on top of the rail. Losing the lead, and finishing .3s behind my arch nemesis Sai Tam! Let us remember who our leaders are, and let them run their race.

I try hard not to just dive into the corner when passing a backmarker, and always try to do it clean when I have a comfortable gap. But when I am driving strapped, trying to get a gap or close a gap, there is no time to wait behind a lapped car. Leader should always have the right of way on the track. Battling for the lead lap doesnt work, it only hurts the leader who has worked hard to get the gap that he has. And if you are going a lap down, then things are not going your way and you should concede the position with honor instead of trying to race them and increase their chances of losing the position if you two get tangled up. If you have the pace, you will be able to keep them from getting to the point of lapping you. If not you should let them by in a safe and timely manner.

Well look at that...call me Nostradamus

EMU
2009.12.01, 11:02 PM
Well look at that...call me Nostradamus

I was inspired by your post ;)

tommy_greeneyes
2009.12.02, 12:46 AM

I 2nd that.i feel the same way. i have raced big cars and small ones to, all i ask is any lapped cars just move over when the faster car is coming, i got hit by a last place car, and im about to catch the leader, and got hit, i am no longer taking it no more, i guess i will drive throw anyone in my way if you do not move over, lol:D

ShortBus
2009.12.02, 11:16 AM
This is an issue that has previously been discussed and would assume that everyone does their best not to interfere with the leaders. But, in defense of the "slower" class - we all know there are races within a race. I can’t even count the amount of times I was running clean and was knocked out of my 3rd/4th place finish by those “top” cars that pushed too hard and lost control themselves. When that happens it’s just an “oops” and the race goes on. I think we all need to remember that extra speed brings additional responsibly and not just the “right of way” – just another twist to this topic/debate.

I agree with EMU 100% in regards to the announcing of the race and keeping the leaders known, especially in oval where the action is faster!!

Tommy – I couldn’t help but notice all that rubber on your body side panels in the back room. I assume that occurred during storage?? Sorry, but I couldn’t resist and just messing with you!!!!!!! We still need to hook up to work on this “tommy bar”.

Crop – you just had to get this started again didn’t you :)

Jeff

Fifty7
2009.12.02, 01:57 PM
This is an issue that has previously been discussed and would assume that everyone does their best not to interfere with the leaders. But, in defense of the "slower" class - we all know there are races within a race. I can’t even count the amount of times I was running clean and was knocked out of my 3rd/4th place finish by those “top” cars that pushed too hard and lost control themselves. When that happens it’s just an “oops” and the race goes on. I think we all need to remember that extra speed brings additional responsibly and not just the “right of way” – just another twist to this topic/debate.

I agree with EMU 100% in regards to the announcing of the race and keeping the leaders known, especially in oval where the action is faster!!

Tommy – I couldn’t help but notice all that rubber on your body side panels in the back room. I assume that occurred during storage?? Sorry, but I couldn’t resist and just messing with you!!!!!!! We still need to hook up to work on this “tommy bar”.

Jeff

We're not really gonna have this conversation again are we? :D:p. The only thing I'll say is i agree 100% about the announcing. The more info the better but at the very least we always need to hear the running order.

SaiTam
2009.12.02, 02:40 PM
CORE can do self announcing. "In first place...Sai Tam, etc...."; "Best lap - Sai Tam, etc...". I don't know how it can be done though.

TomSr
2009.12.02, 02:41 PM

Jeff

I'll add that I agree that the announcing is key to help understand who is where and where the battles are so you can do your best to steer clear of competing cars. I think we all try to do that - sometimes well, sometimes not so well. But we try and that's the best you can do. Afterall, they are toy cars we are racing and we need to keep perspective on what we are all there for...and I think it's more then just winning a single heat. In most races, the announcing at ARCMS is really good.

But Jeff's point of "races within races" needs to be equally understood by a leader, as does the notion of "right of way" in context of equal responsibility. Last week I was in 4th place - very tight battle with 2nd and 3rd for the 2nd place spot lap after lap and I got clipped in the rear quarter panel on the straight by the lead car who was a couple of laps up on the field. It's racing and it happens both ways. Either way - very rarely is something that costs another racer a finish spot anything other then an accident. And when it happens among friends who are trying to be as respectful racers as can be within the context of a fast moving field of cars - it's just part of sport; an unfortunate event - same as a tire coming off.

Yeah - this topic's been covered before but maybe it's not a bad idea to cover it once in a while to help keep perspective on both sides of the "debate".

Oh - except for when Crop hits me. That I take as personal.:eek: :D

CDR racing
2009.12.02, 03:47 PM

Jeff

In my defense, I only mentioned tires, nothing about the "backmarker" debate. But while I'm here, I agree with what you and pretty much everyone is saying about the announcing and how in general we all usually try our best to be courteous when we can, but I think just as some of the "elite" drivers complain about the slower class, one complaint from the slower class about the elite is that like they say, there's a time and a place for everything, and often times these "elite" drivers may be good at running quick laps, but not so much at dealing with traffic. There tends to be a guilty until prove innocent mindset with this. If a lead car hits a slower car, its usually assumed the slower car is at fault, which is not always the case. If you catch my bumper in the infamous "Cropduster Alley" and ALSO TRY TO PASS me in the same spot and you get my quarter panel and we crash, its not my fault. Like you said, there is a mutual responsibility, I have the responsibility to not get in your way, not always to GET OUT OF your way. There is a difference. Just like i should give you room, you need to give me room to give you room, if that makes sense. If you are chasing me through a few sections and I don't give you a passing lane when I should, then absolutely you have a right to get mad, but I have the right to be on the track too, so just cause im in front of you doesnt make me a hack. You have to give me a chance to get out of the way before I'm a hack lol:D. This goes for the announcing too. I agree its important to make drivers aware of the action on track, but making us aware of a leader and telling us to get out of their way are two different things. Most of the time the announcing is pretty neutral, but on occasion, particularly at trophy events where we have guest announcers, the announcing can get kind of cynical. "Crop thats your leader behind you. Crop thats the leader behing you. Crop leader is coming up behind you." Yes I heard the first time thanks. Like I said, my responsibility is to give you room when I can, not AS SOON as you get to my bumper. Just my two cents.

P.S.- EMU this wasn't directed at you. It may have seemed it because I used your "backmarker" word but i couldn't think of anything else to use. lol. I give you credit that you are usually fairly patient in waiting for an opportunity to open up and not shoving people out of the way as soon as you get to them.

ActionRC
2009.12.03, 04:59 PM
Wow - Lots of great stuff for me to respond to. It's been crazy at work with the holidays, so responding during the day has been tough, but I'll try to get on tonight and respond to everyone.

CDR racing
2009.12.03, 08:47 PM
Al- I guess Shafiq must have done the points for you, it doesn't have me as Division 2 Champ in Stock!

ActionRC
2009.12.04, 12:57 PM
Last night was a blast! Good crowd, and three action-packed mains! Johnny D dominated the C without his arch-rivals Lil' Mouthy and James to fight him, so he took a bump up into the B. Little did he know that he should have changed his batteries when taking a bump up, which dropped him out after 13 laps and cost him his $5 1st place C-Main prize. The B had an intense battle between Jose and Jamil for the lead. Jamil was leading from laps 2-33, but Jose caught him and took the win by just 1.5 seconds with just three laps to go! It was awesome! Danny (in his first night racing in years and first time racing his AWD that he bought Tuesday) finished only one lap down - in an almost stock AWD! He is one to watch! Great to have June with us as well - a great competitor - who finished 5th. In the A, it was all Rob B who lead laps 7-41. With Rob out in front, Marty, Courtney, me, and Jeff all battled hard for second. Courtney lead some laps early, but for the rest of the race Marty stayed just ahead of him. I took 3rd from Court for most of the race until the very end when he pased me with just two laps to go! :mad: Jeff lead early on, was running a solid 3rd, but had a 30 second problem lap that dropped him to 5th. It was another great race!

Now for some responses...
NASCAR: Great BIG start to a new season and third class! I think we had 13 or 14 cars Saturday. Can we run them all at once? probably. Maybe we'll try this: We'll run Round 1 in two groups so everyone can see how well their cars is and to set it up. We'll run Round 2 all together. We'll run Round 3 in two groups again to give everyone one final round of getting ready for the main, which we'll run all together. Sounds like fun to me!!!

NASCAR (and other) announcing: As I have said many times, if I cannot race, I'll close the track. What's the point of me doing it otherwise!? :D When I announce, I do try to keep my eyes all over the track, tell people the order, tell people where to watch for crashes,a nd call the race for the spectators. I think I do a descent job. When I am racing, I am fortunate to have excellent volunteer announcers like Crop and Dominick. Crop is a seasoned and trained announcer at this point. He knows the screen, and knows what info to provide. Dominick announces like he's Darrel Watrip himself, and his excitement of the race sometimes gets in the way of calling data, but he does a great job of mixing up data and the excitement of the race itself - and getting better every week. Lil' Mikey is new to announcing, and he's getting better as we work with him, but all I can say about that is that at least he's volunteering to do it. There are many times that Crop and I end up in the same race, and Dominick might not be around, and Mikey will jump on announcing and/or marshalling. The kids get enthusiastic about this, so it's no problem, but you have to give them some slack. It would be great if I can get another adult to do it while I'm racing, and some of you have (Court did an excellent job last night), but sometimes I can't even get you guys to marshal when you're supposed to - nevermind help me announce. (Others have helped announce periodically too, and I am always sure to thank whoever takes the mike - it's important to me because without their help, I cannot race, and again, that brings us to sentence # 1 of this paragraph.) I love the idea of using individual spotters - if we had enough people to do it. It would certainly add to the realism - especially if they talked to the drivers though headsets! :D I actually have a new plan for establishing marshals that I am going to try this weekend.

Like Sai said, Core can annouce races, but you have to have every Core card programmed with the voice data, which is done through a seperate, time consuming, and very user-unfriendly program. We had it set once before, and a volunteer a few years ago built in all of the voice files, but it took forever to program and was difficult to upkeep - especially with as often as some of you lose and mismanage cards! :mad:

Pucho: Thanks for stopping by last night. I know what you're going through, and many of us are in the exact same boat. When you get a chance, and if you can make it, I know you will. You're a great addition to the ARCMS family, and one of the warmest guys I know. It's like Norm from Cheers walking in when you come, and I look forward to you coming back on a regular basis soon.

Jamil: Taller wheels for NASCAR? I think the higher center of gravity would hurt, but the speed of the large back wheels may help. Give it a shot. Great run last night.

Roland: My evil "thick-headed" plan to continually frustrate you is still working! Bwahahaha! Seriously, in the past we always ran only one chassis - the 015 - for NASCAR, so wheel clearance on a wider chassis was not an issue. With the demise of the 015, and the birth of the 03, it was necessary to change the chassis rules, which forced us to change the wheel/tire rules. If we ran only narrow chassis' still, I'd still only allow the NASCAR tire/wheel combo. It worked well, evened us out, and the cars look great with the true to scale wheels. Because we are running black wheels, the cars still look pretty good out there. As far as having an open mind, I don't think you'll find a more open-minded track director than me. At ARCMS, the majority rules, and I get everyone's opinions on everything before I 'rule' on it. (Needless to say, you were not always with the majority!) We happen to have a large, intermediate level crowd that likes to have an equal amount of fun and competition, and our classes run that way. I make the masses happy, which usually leads to everyone having a good time - and that is always my top priority. You know the way I run things - we've been though it before. In the meantime, if there is anything else that I do that frustrates you, please let me know ASAP so I can tease you about it! :D

Lapping: Fortunately, I agree with all of you that we generally don't take each other out on purpose, and it usually happens accidentally when it does. We have all seen every scenerio, from a leader many laps up interfering with a battle for second between the rest of the field, to a slow car several laps down not getting out of the way (immediately) of a race for the lead. I think we all possess common courtousy to get out of the way of faster cars, and the faster cars need to be aware (like Crop said) that just because you caught the slower car doesn't mean that that point on the track is the right spot to pass that slower car. Generally, I think we all do a good job of being courteous and giving each other respect, and when we don't, it's pretty well publicized and resolved quickly.

Winternationals: Mini-ZRacer.com is trying to come up with an organized calendar of events so that each track spreads their events out and doesn't monopolize the imaginary calendar that exists now. This is a great idea, and once they tell the track owners what dates are available, we'll be planning the 'Nats. It should help to spread out big events in regional areas, which our area could sure use.

Well, gotta get back to work. Great comments by everyone, and I'll see you all tomorrow! :)

ActionRC
2009.12.04, 12:58 PM
Al- I guess Shafiq must have done the points for you, it doesn't have me as Division 2 Champ in Stock!

I think NAT must have helped me! I fixed it.

EMU
2009.12.04, 01:48 PM
I agree that passing is a two way street. Both drivers have to participate for it to be clean. There are places in the track that a pass does not necessarily hurt the person being passed laptime wise if the person making the pass is fast through that section. Typically, right before a tight section would be the best place to let someone by. Since the faster car is usually has a comparative advantage through that fast section, and could have similar speed/time through the more open section. This would also give the person getting passed before the tight section a car to follow through, ie; a view at the fast line. Most people are faster when chasing a car than being chased by one, so letting them by there and latching on to the bumper and trying to hold the same pace will usually decrease the laptime.

I have been getting much better at figuring out the battles that are in the race, but again, if the announcer lets the lead driver know that they are approaching a battle for position, more caution can be observed in making the pass, in attempt not to hurt either car in the battle. A lot of times if I have a comfortable gap, I will sit behind a car that is slightly slower than me if they are in a battle until I can get a clean run past them without hurting their time. Normally I wait until they make an error. If they dont and my gap is narrowing behind me, I am forced to pass and build my gap again. We work very hard to get a gap, how much gap is needed to be considered a safe gap? That depends on the driver and the field. I feel safe with a lap, but not so much with anything less. If I catch up to the 2nd place car, I usually try to pace them if I am leading if I get to the point that I am right behind him. Letting him be the first car through the traffic... I dont try to make the pass right away.

In a battle for the lead, the 2nd car always has the advantage, since they are not the first car making passes in traffic. That usually slows down the first car, enough so that the 2nd car can close the gap more. This is when most lead drivers complain about traffic, when the gap is closing as they are looking for opportunities to pass, while the 2nd driver can usually sneak in the open door that was left by the leader.

I didnt intend to bring this topic up to try to blame anybody, or reflect on anything that happened this past week, but I think its one of the most important topics for driving. Learning to pass is very important to driving, and the better you are at passing, the better you will be at letting the faster cars by without hurting yourself since you will know what parts of the track have multiple lines that allow clean fast passes.

Its important to know when you are in a position battle or lap battle with someone, and what the appropriate action is when you are in those situations. The announcer is our spotter, and as much fun as it is to hear color commentary, its much more important to know what is happening in the race. In general, the kids do a decent job at letting you know where you are, but sometimes they announce as though it were on TV... which is fun to hear if you are in the audience, but not informative enough as a driver when you want to know what the gaps and pace are between you and other cars.

I brought this up to try to help everyone at the track get better. Not to try to hold people back. I spent a long time running B mains, and then got to the back of the A main and got stuck trying to figure out how to pass and be passed when the closing speeds were much faster than what I was used to.

One thing to keep in mind, that you dont want to stop to let someone by. That completely takes you out of rhythem, and that can lead to a crash when you get back on throttle. When I let someone by I usually stay a little wide off the line letting off throttle entrance to a tight corner or section allowing the car to pass, then I tighten up and run a tight line again. If they are right behind me on the straight I usually pull off the line and let off throttle early for the next corner, giving them enough room for me to run a tight line into that section at my normal pace.

A lot of accidents occur when the car being passed is on the line, and the car making the pass is offline and sticking their nose in to squeek by. This makes their exit poor, and usually the car being passed has the advantage into the next corner and that is where the accident occurs. On the exit of the first corner to the entrance of the second. The car that has nosed in and passed, now has to regain the momentum to keep the corner speed up through the next corner. While the car that has been on line, already has the speed into the corner through the choice in line. That is why a lot of the time, the passing car will be slower through 2-3 corners after making a pass that they have to fight for.

For the argument of letting a faster car by when you are in a battle for position with someone else, is that the faster car will have to get by the car ahead, at which time you can try to use that to your advantage to try to sneak in the same passing window. It will usually work out to your benefit if you learn how to allow it to.

I do not intend to try to tell people how to race, I only want to try to improve the racing for everyone. Reduce the amount of non position passing crashes. That never should occur if both drivers know about eachother and are on the same page to what they are going to do in the race. Getting passed only slows you down, but you have the option to try to reduce the amount of time that is lost when being passed. If you wait for the passing car to close up onto your bumper before they pass, you will lose less time in the pass, but have less options in track placement when you let them by.

Thats it for now :rolleyes:

I do understand and appreciate the voluntary announcing, and I do enjoy their commentary... Its only those few instances during the race that you start to wonder, can I get the next position, can I win the race, am I in danger of losing a position... Things happen at a rapid pace in this scale, and it is very hard to look around and figure out everything when you are driving. In Nascar, I had no clue where I was for half the race. Not that it really changed anything... since theres only one way to drive a Nascar, with the pedal to the metal :P

I will admit, that lately I havent been marshalling as much as I should. I have been trying to get to it more recently. Lately I have been missing the first qualifier, and getting my cars prepped while I am running in the 2nd qualifier. I usually marshall at least 2 classes in the 3rd qualifier, and the mains. Is that enough? Really, no its not.

I think that Mikey is one of the best marshalls that we have, by the time any of us adults see a car needs help, before we can even think about how to approach it, he is on his way and has the car back on its wheels.

I personally dont think that I a good on the mic, which is why I usually dont volunteer announce.

jackg
2009.12.04, 03:03 PM
wow. i better bring some ice cold coronas with the fresh limes sat. night to calm everyone down. beer and Nascar?? I dont know... maybe those two would go together :D:D -j

sjm324
2009.12.04, 03:17 PM
wow...eugene that is some post...i am exhausted from reading it :)
hope to see everyone tomorrow
adam

ShortBus
2009.12.04, 03:38 PM
adam - still slow around the shop?

sjm324
2009.12.04, 04:34 PM
adam - still slow around the shop?

yeah a little bit...always around this time a year....hopefully things will pickup...

ActionRC
2009.12.04, 05:02 PM
Eugene: You are 100% correct on everything you said. No disagreement at all - I don't think from anyone. I think that a smart move to make right now on my part would be to develop more adult announcers (besides Adam, who is also excellent but not there as often as we'd like, and Crop, who announces excellently, but we end up in the same races very often, although this has not be true as often since he got that MR03!)

Jack: Email me so I can add your new address to the mailing list. The one I had for you failed recently.

Everyone: Class trip to Curves Saturday night for after-racing relaxation! ;)

CDR racing
2009.12.04, 05:05 PM
EMU- You bring up a lot of good points, most of which I agree with. The unfortunate thing is that we're all humans doing this, and we all make errors. There isnt much room for error in this scale, so one little twitch of the hand means the difference between taking someone out and giving them room. All your arguments are valid, but everythings idealistic. In theory they should work out most of the time, but some of us just make mistakes or don't have the full control to execute them. Then it all comes back to as long as we generally try to be courteous and give eachother room, that should be fine. And as i think we all agree, most of the time everyone does this. I have to say I'm very impressed, this is by far the most in depth and level headed version of this debate we've had on here.

jackg
2009.12.04, 09:19 PM
wait 'til I get on the track:eek: Al I sent an email to the info@actionrc address with my new email- I hope I did that right. -j

jackg
2009.12.06, 06:33 PM
Nascar was awesome. Running 12 cars at once in the qualifier was like a bud shoot-out. great racing Al. -j

ActionRC
2009.12.07, 01:25 PM
SATURDAY WAS SO MUCH FUN! It was great to have some old faces back like Silvio and Nick, and great to have so many of our regular new drivers and existing regulars as always. Hope everyone had as good a time as I did! I was REALLY impressed with how well the marshalling went this weekend. Posting scheduled marshalls for the evening before the races started lead to efficient, predictable marshalling, and a LOT less headaches and aggrevation for me. Now if I could only get everyone running late to call me by 5:30 to preregister!

The new points are already up on the website, and we already have some good battles going.

Rob is starting to create a nice lead on Div 1 Wide Stock over Eugene and Crop, but Phil could look to put an end to that as he beat Rob in the Main. It would be great to see a four-driver "Elite" group of Eugene, Johnathan, Rob, and Phil. These guys run hard and fast, and mistakes are few.

Courtney is making a nice run in Div 2, with Nat right behind him. Jose's got me by one point right now for 3rd, so I have really got to pick up my game!

The epic battle of Lil' Mike vs. Johnny D has evolved into the epic battle between Lil' Mikey and James. James has been making some very steady improvements, and if he ends up staying in Div 3, he will definitely be a contender to take the Div 3 title from Lil' Mikey.

Eugene's got the early lead in Narrow Body Spec Div 1, but Rob has been eyeballing an AWD to run in this class, and Phil missed one week but was back last night with a vengeance with another win. (Good thing Phil doesn't race NASCAR, although, like Danica Patrick, he was seen wheeling another driver's car around on Saturday, so anything could happen!)

In Narrow Body Spec Div 2, the classis battle of me vs. Crop is heating up, seperated by only one point.

We tried our announced plan of running two groups and one group of NASCAR cars for qualifiers, and while the one-large-group race was fun, the racing was cleaner and better when it was two groups. If we do a NASCAR big race, which we may do for the Daytona 500 Party/Race on 2/14 (the only thing screwing this up could be the Valentine's Day thing), we'll run one large group to make it closer to reality. So far, Rob is running away with Div 1 with his #20 car, with Eigene and I struggling to stay with him. (Eugene was 4 laps down after Rob's 82, and I was 6 laps down.) The best race in the A was between Nat and Shafiq, with Nat taking 4th by just 1.75 seconds after 69 laps! Courtney took the B with 70 laps, and James and Jose battled for 2nd the entire race, finishing 5 laps down and just 4 seconds apart!

I put an entirely new layout down Saturday night, and I think you'll all like it even better than last Saturday's layout. It is more driver-friendly, but still tough. Can't wait to start racing again this Tuesday! See everyone then!

ActionRC
2009.12.10, 09:16 AM
Jack left his NASCAR #8 car at the track by accident last Saturday - no big deal. On Tuesday when another car turned on, apparently on Jack's channel, Jack's car almost flew of my bench! Who would have thought that after running a seven minute main on Saturday night that the batteries would still be good after three days of being on - especially with no radio on?

Looking forward to a fun night tonight. Let's get a really big turnout with BIG prizes! :D

Fifty7
2009.12.10, 11:39 AM
Jack left his NASCAR #8 car at the track by accident last Saturday - no big deal. On Tuesday when another car turned on, apparently on Jack's channel, Jack's car almost flew of my bench! Who would have thought that after running a seven minute main on Saturday night that the batteries would still be good after three days of being on - especially with no radio on?

Looking forward to a fun night tonight. Let's get a really big turnout with BIG prizes! :D

LOL - I thought we blow these things up if you turn them on first?

ActionRC
2009.12.11, 01:25 PM
Fun night last night! Great to see Marty running so well. Also great to see the improvements that James has been making. Keep up the great work!

Johnny D with an Atomic Stock BB = hilareous!

See everyone tomorrow! Please call in by 5:30 if you'll be running late. Thanks, and have a nice Friday evening!

Fifty7
2009.12.11, 01:31 PM
Fun night last night! Great to see Marty running so well. Also great to see the improvements that James has been making. Keep up the great work!

See everyone tomorrow! Please call in by 5:30 if you'll be running late. Thanks, and have a nice Friday evening!

Beyond Hilarious :eek::eek:but dont you understand "It was the tires" :D

Dont forget about me with the Helios, i need to get into the 2.4 world now. If i can get out I'll stop by tomorrow and drop off some money for the radio & a car.

I'm a little confused on the cars - The new Porsche we originally thought was 98mm, then saw the model # LM96 and assumed it was 96mm. I looked on Kyosho's website and it's listed as a 90mm.

ActionRC
2009.12.11, 02:05 PM
I'll try to get some details from Kyosho...

ShortBus
2009.12.11, 02:07 PM
either way that Porsche is a hot body !!

Fifty7
2009.12.11, 02:23 PM
either way that Porsche is a hot body !!

Yeah i agree, Al - Dont go nuts trying to find out for me. We'll see it when it gets here, but either way I think i want that one.

ShortBus
2009.12.11, 02:29 PM
Mart - is this the MR03/Radio plunge???

Fifty7
2009.12.11, 03:12 PM
Mart - is this the MR03/Radio plunge???

Yes it is:eek::eek: I decided on the Helios and an MR03 to start with. I'll decide later what to do with my other 3 cars. Since I'm not doing Saturdays right now there's no hurry to convert everything so i'm gonna see if i really like the 03 then maybe i'll just get another one for the narrow class and abandon my AM stuff.

bermbuster
2009.12.11, 05:51 PM
Yeah i agree, Al - Dont go nuts trying to find out for me. We'll see it when it gets here, but either way I think i want that one.

It is a 90mm wb.....:D

CDR racing
2009.12.11, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;369424]Johnny D with an Atomic Stock BB = hilareous!QUOTE]

Hmm...who put it in for him?

Has Potter returned from his hogwarts hideaway last week?

GTR driver
2009.12.11, 06:54 PM

Johnny D is a BONEHEAD!

Scrapper
2009.12.11, 09:50 PM
stu might be there tomorrow to make an appearance from his temporary retirement at arcms

Fifty7
2009.12.11, 11:35 PM
It is a 90mm wb.....:D

Even though I love my 90mm countach (02 and 015) I thought this change was going to get me back to 94 or 98. Guess not. Oh well.

Crop - yes Potter was back

minittrackmann
2009.12.12, 09:53 AM
See you guys tonight

Scrapper
2009.12.13, 12:36 AM
good racing tonight

jackg
2009.12.13, 12:10 PM

I just got to read the last few posts- wow. that could be an ad for the R1 cells. (and to condition your batteries.) I didn't know the car was on for three days so when I got it back last night I turned it on, put it on the track and did like 2 minutes of laps before taking those cell out and charging them.:eek: great racing last night. Mike-sorry again for the Nastard move in that qualifier. If I had ANY idea of position I would have moved over. :o It was cool to run so close in 02 though. -j

J-Milz
2009.12.14, 03:50 PM
Great racing Saturday night. Is thie the week for the road course in BASHCAR?

PS: TTT:D

JeremyC
2009.12.14, 03:59 PM
good racing tonight

How did you do stu?

jackg
2009.12.14, 04:29 PM

i thought it would alternate week to week but we've had oval two in a row...
i forgot about the insane T-bones that can happen in big oval. a note to the newer racers-train yourself to check the traffic before throwing it into reverse and backing out into the lane. I saw a number of races end early for guys and at least some of it could have been helped. force=mass X accelaration. when these little Nascars get to the end of that 40 or so feet of straight they pack a whollop. T-bones eat T-plates:D I wish we had nascar all the time. the rythym and feel to the racing is so different from road course. -j

ActionRC
2009.12.14, 05:33 PM
HI EVERYONE! Great racing Saturday night! The points are updated on the website, and attached here. We have lots of close battles already!

Highlites...

WIDE BODY STOCK
A Main: Great run by Phil, as always, and great run by Crop for 2nd witht he Perfex! Good to have Cody back and running well also. Great battle bteween Cody and Tom for 3rd!

B Main: Excellent runs by me (pat on the back) and Shafiq! he got me by a few seconds for the winand jack and Jr were behind me by seconds as well. Best race of the night!

C Main: This continues to be my favorite race to watch! Great run by Johnny D for the win and Lil' Mouthy for 3rd, bridging the gap to catch back up to James in points. Kevin S will be a force to reckon with too if he gets enough weeks, which I hope he does. Great to have Stugotz in the house, despite another bad economy Hanukah, and a noble but frustrating effort by Dominick if he could get some consistency. Good to see Deonte also, as his potential seems to be growing too - especially in Narrow Spec.

NARROW BODY SPEC
A Main: Another great run for Phil for 1st, grat battle for 4th between Mike and Shafiq.

B Main: Jamil beats Crop by .83 seconds with a last lap pass! Awesome! Great battle for 3rd between Kev, me, and Tom Jr - all 31 laps! Another great run for Dominick - last, but very good with that car.

C Main: We had a C Main Narrow! Fun to watch Deonte and James going at it the whole race!

NASCAR
Sprint Cup: Thanks to Eugene and Rob, I took my first win of the season, but Shaifiq wanted it bad! I'll have to wtch out for him next week. Great run by Crop, finally!

Nationwide Series: Great run by James, who ran Mike S really well in the qualifiers, but Mike endedup making the A. Great to see some new faces and cars in NASCAR, but we need to get some freash paint jobs out there! (Too many 29's!!!)

Special thanks to Jack for the best batch of chicken tacos ever!

Anyone looking for Christmas gifts, if I do not have an item in stock I will need to know by tomorrow night so I can have stuff ship Wednesday morning!

See everyone tomorrow!

CDR racing
2009.12.14, 05:34 PM

Cough Cough...Achoo:D

CDR racing
2009.12.14, 05:44 PM
Sprint Cup: Thanks to Eugene and Rob, I took my first win of the season, but Shaifiq wanted it bad! I'll have to wtch out for him next week. Great run by Crop, finally!

So if my calendar is correct, I've got about 70 something weeks before I get the 88 back to the front.

tommy_greeneyes
2009.12.14, 07:45 PM
hey guys sorry i miss this weekend.i will run nascar before the season is up, Al you know i got a Fast car, lol so injoy that win now,LMAO i have to do one more thing to my car. then i will have 4.6 lap times like i did on tuesday night. i know im not over there every saturday.but when my car is hook up watch out:p

ActionRC
2009.12.15, 11:38 AM
Tommy - I thought you were racing last Saturday. What happened? You missed a good opportunity to get 99 points! :rolleyes: Hahaha!

This is the week that NASCAR should be road course. If, however, everyone wants to run oval, I would consider running the road course for just one week, which would be week 6 or 7. Everyone is having so much fun on the oval that I hate to take it away from you guys! Funny how no one runs a 48 body. You would think someone would try to get some of that Jimmie Johnson 48 luck the way Crop gets 88 luck - most of the time.

Hope everyone comes to practice tonight! FREE for everyone who raced Saturday, and there were LOTS of you! Take advantage of it! See you tonight!

Crop - Gahbleshoo. Anyone else? :D Hope you're "on top" of your game this week.

jackg
2009.12.15, 05:04 PM
hey Al thanks for the kind words. my new email is up & running. can't wait to race thurs. night. oval rules -j

tommy_greeneyes
2009.12.15, 06:25 PM
Tommy - I thought you were racing last Saturday. What happened? You missed a good opportunity to get 99 points! :rolleyes: Hahaha!

Al your funny . but remeber im not out for the points. like i said before injoy ur 100 points.lmao when the good drivers come.you can get your last place points.lol Hey crop i got a good nascar set up for you that ur beat AL ,ill hook you up when i get out there,

my reason of not going racing was ,my family needed me. i can alway go racing next time,

GTR driver
2009.12.16, 04:21 AM
This weeks layout is different. :D

ActionRC
2009.12.17, 04:45 PM
Finally almost time to leave work and go racing!!! This week's layout is FUN!!!

Lots of 750's and 990's back in stock, some new Kyosho things, and more. See everyone tonight for a big payout!

ActionRC
2009.12.18, 03:53 PM
Fun night last night, everyone!

Just a few more days of holiday shoopping left. Tell the "gift givers' in your life that you want Action RC Mini Speedway Gift Certificates for Christmas!

See everyone tomorrow! Should be a good turnout.

J-Milz
2009.12.18, 06:24 PM
So what is it gonna be for Saturday? Oval or road course?

jackg
2009.12.18, 06:51 PM
is there a plan for super crappy weather? this system has some nasty potential.the taco truck is similar to a snow plow without the plow and handles quite nicley in the snow( 6 tons + dual rear tires=traction to spare) i will be there if we are racing but safe is safe.:D -j

minittrackmann
2009.12.19, 08:33 AM
Al u gonna be open today?

ActionRC
2009.12.19, 03:23 PM
It's just after 3pm, and it's lightly snowing, but we're here and ready to go! A few people are here already, and a few called to see what's going on. Not sure what the magic number will be yet, but if there's enough people, we're racing!

Give the track a call at 718-317-5420 and let me know if you're coming. See you tonight, hopefully! Arthur Kill Rd and all the highways are already being salted, and there is no snow on them at all, so it shouldn't be a big deal to get in and out of here. Come on down!!!

I think we'll run oval tonight and leave road course for week 6 only. I think I like that plan better.

ActionRC
2009.12.19, 06:47 PM
Well, it's definitely quiet here tonight, so we're going to call it a night. We'll be open again on Tuesday for open practice and WEDNESDAY instead of Thursday for gift card racing.

See everyone then!

jackg
2009.12.20, 02:05 PM
we have about 12 inches of snow with alot of drifts. so the points races were not run last night? -j

minittrackmann
2009.12.20, 02:34 PM
Great racing last night guys. I have a lot of fun. Whoever didnt show up missed a memorable night.

J-Milz
2009.12.20, 10:37 PM
Do they make snow plows for mini z's?:D Brrrr!!!

ActionRC
2009.12.21, 10:06 AM
Well, while I did enjoy a nice snowy Saturday night at home with the family :) , the track took a BEATING financially this week :( without having it's major race night. There were bills to be paid and orders to place that simply cannot be paid for as a result. I know this is my problem and not yours, but if you can PLEASE find some time for racing this week, maybe stock up on some tires or batteries, finally buy that MR03 or AWD you've been eyeballing - anything to help support the track this week would be appreciated. Of course, sales tax having to be postdated today REALLY helps, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve landing on Thursdays, and Kyosho getting MR03 parts just in time to MISS Christmas really helped also.

PLEASE do what you can to support your track this week - it needs anything it can get right now.

minittrackmann
2009.12.21, 01:10 PM
Al wednesday night, think we can do a qualifier of narrow,and then a qualifier of normal body 02?

Fifty7
2009.12.21, 01:16 PM
I'm in for Wednesday as long as i finish wrapping my Christmas presents. :eek:

ActionRC
2009.12.21, 02:46 PM
Cody - For gift card racing you can run whatever car you want, so you can try either car and run whatever you want for any qualifier or main. Only on Saturdays we seperate them.

Marty - Hope you can make it!

PS - Thanks for trying to wait it out Saturday, Cody. While a few from the neighborhood came, Cody came from NJ and was ready to race thanks to his dad having an Ford F250, I guess. It took his dad a very long time to get to the track, then back to NJ, then back to Action, and then back home after we canceled racing. You gave a good effort. Too bad we didn't have enough to run races. Oh well - next week!

Scrapper
2009.12.21, 03:01 PM
ill try and make it but its gonna be hard considering i gotta watch my bros puppy

minittrackmann
2009.12.21, 08:37 PM
Cody - For gift card racing you can run whatever car you want, so you can try either car and run whatever you want for any qualifier or main. Only on Saturdays we seperate them.

Marty - Hope you can make it!

PS - Thanks for trying to wait it out Saturday, Cody. While a few from the neighborhood came, Cody came from NJ and was ready to race thanks to his dad having an Ford F250, I guess. It took his dad a very long time to get to the track, then back to NJ, then back to Action, and then back home after we canceled racing. You gave a good effort. Too bad we didn't have enough to run races. Oh well - next week!

F350 harley davidson super duty ;)

ActionRC
2009.12.22, 04:41 PM
ill try and make it but its gonna be hard considering i gotta watch my bros puppy

Someone is trusting you to care for another living thing? :D

Hope you can make it, Stugotz!

Scrapper
2009.12.23, 02:34 AM
i know right after the tradgedy with u murdering lil stugottz

ActionRC
2009.12.23, 04:32 PM
i know right after the tradgedy with u murdering lil stugottz

YOU murdered Little Stugotz - not me! I tried to save him! (For those who weren't there, Little Stugotz was a weird looking beetle-type bug that we gave to Stugotz, and when we released him in the old hallway, he somehow made his way back into the room and found Stugotz again. It was so weird. There is no question that it was the same exact bug. I forgot how he died, though, but I know I didn't kill him. When we found him the first time, I put him on the end of Stu's radio antenna and when Stu saw him there he absolutely freaked, screamed like a girl, and jumped halfway across the room! It was hilareous! :D)

See everyone tonight for Gift Card Racing!!!

Scrapper
2009.12.23, 04:34 PM
if shafiq calls back u might see me

minittrackmann
2009.12.23, 04:50 PM
see you guys in a lil bit

Fifty7
2009.12.24, 07:24 AM
Merry Chtistmas everyone!!!!! See you next week.

sjm324
2009.12.24, 08:23 AM
happy holidays to all my action rc buds....

Scrapper
2009.12.24, 08:27 AM
merry kwanza to all my action buds

ActionRC
2009.12.24, 01:16 PM
merry kwanza to all my action buds

Happy Kwanzaa to you too, Stu. I know "Sixty-Dollar Hanukah" didn't work out to well for you, but maybe Kwanzaa will work out better for you. (You should learn how to spell it first, though.)

Merry Christmas, Merry(?) or Happy(?) Kwanzaa, and Happy New Year to everyone. Last night was a lot of fun, and it was cool to have an 8-car A Main last night. I am hoping this Saturday is a great one! See you all then!

minittrackmann
2009.12.24, 01:34 PM
Al if you have any unpainted Lexus SC430's can you please hang on to one for Saturday?

thanks

minittrackmann
2009.12.24, 01:35 PM
And ifyou could please hold onto that last set of Atomic 8 radials. Thanjks

GTR driver
2009.12.24, 06:13 PM
Happy Holidays to all you mini z racers and there families!

Scrapper
2009.12.24, 08:27 PM
hey dont kill me 4 asking but can we run a drift race just for fun on saturday i wanna make the trip worth it and i have never ran a drift race cause i never made it to when u ran it

bermbuster
2009.12.24, 09:10 PM
Merry Christmas to all the Mini Z maniacs.....
Hope you have a Kyosho Christmas.....:D

J-Milz
2009.12.24, 09:33 PM
Happy Merry Christmas Kwanza Hanukkah Festival of Lights Yuletide Boxing day. Everyone! Hope that covers them all.:D

Scrapper
2009.12.24, 09:34 PM
Hello no ones responding to the drift race thing even with a no

in the words of bruno
dolce and gabanna hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J-Milz
2009.12.24, 09:40 PM
Only Al can answer that question. Although, I will say that he has/had drift nights on Tuesdays.

k_bojar
2009.12.24, 10:21 PM
happy holiday everyone at Action...

hope to see you all soon :)

jackg
2009.12.25, 11:29 AM
merry christmas and a mini new year:D -j

CDR racing
2009.12.25, 05:50 PM
Hello no ones responding to the drift race thing even with a no

in the words of bruno
dolce and gabanna hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stu- Al's the only one that can answer you. I know how dare he not be online all day on Christmas just waiting for questions from you for him to answer. What a jerk:D...Ask him when you get there tomorrow. I'm sorry we're so terrible that its not worth the trip unless you drift.

CDR racing
2009.12.25, 11:29 PM
I know its late, but MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

minittrackmann
2009.12.25, 11:53 PM
Christmas is over bro

Scrapper
2009.12.25, 11:55 PM
not for 5 mins

jackg
2009.12.26, 10:39 AM
who's racing tonight? -j

J-Milz
2009.12.26, 12:50 PM
Im in! Just got a few fresh Washingtons for xmas! :rolleyes:

Fifty7
2009.12.27, 03:30 PM
Im in! Just got a few fresh Washingtons for xmas! :rolleyes:

Whatcha gonna do with three bucks ?

J-Milz
2009.12.27, 04:25 PM
Im happy to be left with that! Post Christmas debt:(.

minittrackmann
2009.12.28, 04:10 AM
is thursday night racing taking pleace on wednesday?

ActionRC
2009.12.28, 10:18 AM
Hi everyone! I got to see some of you after Christmas on Saturday, and I am hoping to see more of you this week now that the Christmas holiday rush is finally over. It was a descent turnout on Saturday, although a little light, but the weather was so lousy that I guess some guys just didn't want to make the trip, and because it was right after Christmas I am sure many of you were exhausted as well. Definitely understood.

This week, with school being closed, and many people on vacation, I am hoping we get a busy practice night on Tuesday and a great race night on Wednesday. (Don't forget - we are CLOSED on THURSDAY for New Years Eve, but will Gift Card Race on Wednesday instead.) I made some nice changes to last week's layout, and I think it will be agreat track for side by side racing. Even though we had a slightly less than normal crowd Saturday, the racing was absolutely great. I hope I get to do some work on my 02 this Tuesday. It's not bad, but some slight adjustments and I'll be really happy with it again.

Thank you to everyone for being so tolerant of the floods on Saturday. Thankfully, those problems were taken care of, and we'll be nice and dry again for the next storm. I will be putting the points standings on the website shortly.

Stugotz - You know the Saturday schedule, and how hard it is to squeeze in another class on Saturday nights - especially when no one was really prepared for it. A change (or special addition) in classes needs to be announced ahead of time to allow people to prepare, plus we have been playing around with/racing drift cars on Tuesdays. The reason we stopped drift racing was because people wanted to race the AWD as a normal race car after a while more than drifting them, but people didn't want two cars. (And to echo Crop, I took a WELL NEEDED break from the forum this weekend after Saturday to enjoy the holidays with the family. You know I respond to everything you say, and it does upset me a bit for you to say that drift was the thing that would have made the trip "worth it" for you. As always, I know your intentions are sometimes better than your choice of words, so it's no big deal.)

Marty - Jamil spent his $.75 on Fritos. You thought he got singles? It's a bad economy - ask Stu.

See everyone tomorrow!

SaiTam
2009.12.28, 01:50 PM
It ain't a bad economy for Stugottz. I caught him smiling after he got paid selling his stuffs; and there were lots of stuffs (some came from me). He usually drinks Tapioca bubble tea at the track while others drink tap water from home.

ActionRC
2009.12.28, 02:46 PM
... AND last year was a $50 Hanukah. This year was a $60 Hanukah! That's a 20% increase!

ActionRC
2009.12.29, 11:18 AM
Would love to see a big crowd tonight for some practice races. Great night to work on the cars, practice the new layout, run the practice software, and hear your lap times as well. Should be a fun night, a relaxing night to hang-out, and great practice for tomorrow night's big Gift Card Racing!

No school = big prizes!!! :D

PS - To all my drivers that like to bring the little ones to hang out or even possibly take the wheel for a while: The little guys/gals are more than welcome, as always, but better tonight than tomorrow night.

TomSr
2009.12.29, 01:26 PM
PS - To all my drivers that like to bring the little ones to hang out or even possibly take the wheel for a while: The little guys/gals are more than welcome, as always, but better tonight than tomorrow night.

OK Al - I'll let Crop know.

Scrapper
2009.12.29, 02:07 PM
al if i can get a ride i will go tomorrow

can i run a car with a chille in it tomorrow or is it stock its been a while since i came to gift card racing

CDR racing
2009.12.29, 05:12 PM
al if i can get a ride i will go tomorrow

can i run a car with a chille in it tomorrow or is it stock its been a while since i came to gift card racing

Please do us a favor and dont run the chilli. LOL.

ActionRC
2009.12.30, 10:43 AM
Stugotz with a mod = Get the joint compound ready for wall repair. Yes, Stu, you can run anything you want for Gift Card racing. I let people run any Mini-Z on Thursdays. The normal points racing rules do not apply as strictly, but that doesn't mean you should run a Monster or Overland, or an 1/8 scale nitro. Ex. If you want to run an narrow car, or a Pan Car, or even a NASCAR - go ahead. Anything that kind of makes sense to be in race among racecars. Hope to see you tonight! Tell Mom and Dad to go out to eat on Hylan Blvd again like they used to.

Sr. - Just make sure you hold Crop's hand.

minittrackmann
2009.12.30, 11:08 AM
I wanted to run my TC5 but I guess your not allowed now :(

J-Milz
2009.12.30, 04:02 PM
What? We cant run OL's on gift card night?

ActionRC
2009.12.30, 05:05 PM
HAHA - Leave it to Stugotz to make me have to explain Gift Card Racing more than it has already been established without explanation in the last five and a half years. If you want to run an Overland with Lego wheels, and you don't mind getting BEAT, then I'll allow the Overland. ;)

Scrapper
2009.12.30, 05:07 PM
al i got the sickest trp renalt body in the works ccant wait for u to see it

JeremyC
2009.12.31, 12:03 AM
Anyone coming from BK or Manhattan that I could grab a ride with on a Saturday?

I'll split tolls. :)

Kevin S.
2009.12.31, 09:58 AM
I just want to wish everyone a Happy, Healthy, & Prosperouse New Year!
See everyone at the track very soon :D

Fifty7
2009.12.31, 10:11 AM
What a great C main last night. Definitely one of the funniest things i've seen in a while (the car dying right before the finish line).

Everyone have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Kevin S.
2009.12.31, 10:23 AM
What a great C main last night. Definitely one of the funniest things i've seen in a while (the car dying right before the finish line).

Everyone have a Safe & Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Marty,
Whose car did right before the finish line? Was it another race between Lil Mikey & Johnny D again?

Scrapper
2009.12.31, 11:16 AM
stu needs to get there soon to show the c whos boss

Fifty7
2009.12.31, 12:29 PM
Marty,
Whose car did right before the finish line? Was it another race between Lil Mikey & Johnny D again?

No it was Bobby Diamond, the kid jonathan and his father. Jonathans batteries died and he crawled around and literally stopped right before the line

ShortBus
2009.12.31, 01:35 PM
I agree - that "C" main made my year !!!!

Marty - I sent you a message on your f******k in regards to the MR03 front end.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!

sjm324
2009.12.31, 02:05 PM
happy new year to all my action rc buds.....see everyone next year

ActionRC
2009.12.31, 03:05 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Last night was a lot of fun, and Saturday should be great too. Somene please help Stugotz and Jeremy get to the track! I'll pick you guys up at the train if you choose to come in that way.

See y'all Saturday!!!

GTR driver
2009.12.31, 05:01 PM
Happy New Year too all the mini z racers and there families!

EMU
2009.12.31, 06:06 PM
Happy new year!!!

Check out the new marshalling thread... http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33414

Paul G.
2009.12.31, 07:02 PM
That C main had me literally crying from so much laughter. Awesome. Happy New Year guys and may 2010 be a good one!

J-Milz
2009.12.31, 09:02 PM
Have a safe and Happy New years to all!

Ps: I live near the ferry if those guys need a ride to the track Saturday. Just give me a PM and I'll give you my contact info.

Scrapper
2009.12.31, 09:07 PM
tomorrow al is open?

CDR racing
2010.01.01, 12:28 AM
Happy New Year to everyone @ Action RC.
Stu- Al is open Saturday, not sure if you meant friday or saturday, but hes open saturday, not friday. See everyone Saturday!

EMU
2010.01.01, 12:48 AM
Crop, Jamil had posted 'tmrw' in his previous post, which was on Thursday... which explains why Stu thought Action was open Friday.

Any New Year/Decade resolutions? Its a big year, time to make changes of approach to ... In Mini-Z that relates to running less classes, and focusing more on the classes I am running. Making less drastic changes to setups and cars, and running the best stuff I have instead of spreading it through a fleet of cars.

CDR racing
2010.01.01, 01:08 AM
Crop, Jamil had posted 'tmrw' in his previous post, which was on Thursday... which explains why Stu thought Action was open Friday.

Any New Year/Decade resolutions? Its a big year, time to make changes of approach to ... In Mini-Z that relates to running less classes, and focusing more on the classes I am running. Making less drastic changes to setups and cars, and running the best stuff I have instead of spreading it through a fleet of cars.

Hmm most people's New years resolutions are quitting smoking/drinking, losing weight, working out, etc. Eugene's? Mini-Z related. Gotta love it.:D

EMU
2010.01.01, 01:18 AM
Mine is not mini-z related, it is to spread myself out less, and focus more on each individual task. Do what is necessary, not things that are less important. I just skipped that, and got right to the implementation to my racing...

J-Milz
2010.01.01, 01:41 AM
My bad Stuie, I didn't mean to confuse you. :eek: there is a 5hr difference I'm time.

CDR racing
2010.01.02, 05:30 AM
Mine is not mini-z related, it is to spread myself out less, and focus more on each individual task. Do what is necessary, not things that are less important. I just skipped that, and got right to the implementation to my racing...

Haha just messing with you...at least it wasnt a list of EVERYTHING you're planning for the new year.:D LOL

CDR racing
2010.01.02, 01:38 PM
Donde ha estado el Macho Nacho?

jackg
2010.01.03, 10:39 AM
great racing last night. Sr.-it's good to be running each other down again. the B group are all very close in terms of lap times and overall driving level and it makes for some of the best, cleanest racing I've ever been in. Thanks and good job to Al for running the best show in town. it was cool to see anthony out and racing too. i think him and cody scared jonathan away:eek: -j
p.s. I'm not even gonna talk about nascar...except sorry again crop. i will be testing this week.i will get the number 8 all set-and trust me i will not be in the way next week;).

jackg
2010.01.03, 04:14 PM
almost forgot-sorry Emu. i dont know how i ended up in your way so many times in one race:eek:. like i said- i will get my nascar program in order. -j

danny250r
2010.01.03, 04:57 PM
good racing last night. congrats to little dom :D

EMU
2010.01.03, 05:26 PM
almost forgot-sorry Emu. i dont know how i ended up in your way so many times in one race:eek:. like i said- i will get my nascar program in order. -j

Jack, dont worry about it... Didnt bother me one bit. I was just turning laps. Robs car was much more consistant at speed than mine was, and he was able to walk away with the win.

jackg
2010.01.03, 06:25 PM
Jack, dont worry about it... Didnt bother me one bit. I was just turning laps. Robs car was much more consistant at speed than mine was, and he was able to walk away with the win.

cool man-:D -j

TomSr
2010.01.03, 11:23 PM
great racing last night. Sr.-it's good to be running each other down again. the B group are all very close in terms of lap times and overall driving level and it makes for some of the best, cleanest racing I've ever been in.

It was a great race Jack, thanks. You would have had it were it not for you getting caught up in traffic and I got lucky enough to not get tangled in it too. We were right on each other for 7 minutes - very good racing by all.

jackg
2010.01.04, 02:07 PM
i don't mind the traffic so much...i may have to learn how to yell "leada leada leada!!" though :D -j

J-Milz
2010.01.04, 10:25 PM
Had a blast racing this past Saturday! Im glad my job changed my days off so I can get more Saturday track time in. (My wife wont be so happy. :D)
A few questions: Has anyone used the new gyro in race situations? Can it be used at Action? Does it help or slow down lap times? If anyone has one I would like to try it out.

EMU
2010.01.05, 02:39 AM
I havent tried a Gyro yet, but I think for me, it might slow me down. I want to try one to see for sure.

To compare to racing video games, I am usually much faster with traction control/stabilization/ABS off. It takes much more precise movements on the controls, but I feel much more in touch with the limit of the car... rather than having to compensate for the ECUs effect on the car.

I would think that the gyro may compensate too much at times that I dont want it to, say for instance a corner that I want to dive in with the brakes, rotate the car, and power out with a slight drift... The gyro may not allow for that.

Just speculating here, so take what I write here lightly.

Does anyone know whether the gyro has any effect for throttle, or does it just correct steering input?

jackg
2010.01.05, 09:08 AM
jamil your driving has gotten so much better thru practice and tuning the car- you don't need an electronic "nanny" second guessing every input you give. gyros in helicopters made it possible for almost anyone to fly a little bit. if you are really going to start throwing the craft around the sky with aggressive flying (you know-having FUN)you need to disable or remove the gyro. i say anyone can fly without a gyro if properly taught how to fly. the same can be said for the mini-z. i have seen many new mini owners surprised at the speed of even a box stock car. most people will heed the advice to take it slow, build up skill and keep it off the wall. a gyro might keep a brand new driver from looking like one but i suspect seasoned racers will find the gyro to be in the way of controlling the car, much like Emu said with video racing. I wish a company would release a front disk brake system with adjustable front/rear bias. thats something we could really use...-j

ActionRC
2010.01.05, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone! Nice turnout Saturday, and great racing all around in all divisions and classes. Like Jack, I will be working on NASCAR this week, as I didn't even make the A, although this is the week we are supposed to run road course. Again, if the unanimous vote is to run oval, we will. Great runs by everyone who made the A. Tom Sr and I did not, and we normally do, but I am sure we will give it a good shot this coming week! It goes to show how well so many other drivers are doing and improving.

I was, however, very happy to make the Wide Body A and run well in it for the first time in a while. I cannot believe I am actually running well with an Enzo. That body never really worked for me, although it has worked GREAT for so many others. I also cannot believe that for as long as I run bodies, I broke two clips in one weekend - both in Narrow! Incredible.

So we're finally back to our normal weekly schedule, so hopefully I'll see many of you tonight for practice.

Jeremy and Stugotz - What happened???

Jack - It was great to have to actually in the room with us instead of out in the truck.

Jamil, James, and, yes, Johnny D - Very impressive. You guys have improved more than anyone I have seen lately. Keep it up!

Eugene and Shafiq - Hope you guys get to come earlier next week. It's fun to have to have you guys around, and even though Shafiq is held up at work, if you, Stu, and Jeremy want to hook up and travel in together, as Jamil recently offered and as I always have, we will do what we can to get you guys at the ferry or at the train station. Just give us notice so we can plan to help you guys out. It is not a problem at all. Whatever gets you guys there and there early so you can enjoy the full day as much as possible.

New Year's resolution? To fit into and look good in my Tony Stewart costume by the Summernationals! (Down 3 lbs since 1/1. Eating very healthy and exercising!) That costume was just the motivation I needed!

Points are updated on the website. The site has been visited VERY often in the last week, so hopefully that will translate into some new drivers. Web traffic doubled over the last week. See everyone tonight! (FREE for those who raced Saturday!)

Fifty7
2010.01.05, 12:56 PM
I also cannot believe that for as long as I run bodies, I broke two clips in one weekend - both in Narrow! Incredible.

New Year's resolution? To fit into and look good in my Tony Stewart costume by the Summernationals! (Down 3 lbs since 1/1. Eating very healthy and exercising!) That costume was just the motivation I needed!

Didnt you also break the Enzo clip on Wednesday??

Cant do it for the Winters??

Al - Any chance you could try and find out if KO Propo knows when the new radio will be available to ship? I'm getting antsy now :)

JeremyC
2010.01.05, 02:29 PM
Jeremy and Stugotz - What happened???

My GF wanted a date night at the last minute :(

http://www.andrewpatrick.ca/wp-content/uploads/352676_old_ball_and_chain_series_3.jpg

ActionRC
2010.01.05, 03:52 PM
Jeremy - Hahahahaha! That's hilareous. :D

Marty - You're right! That's 3 clips in one week! I think I'm being HACKED! I'll check in and see what's going on with your Eurus. :confused:

J-Milz
2010.01.05, 04:14 PM
I hear you guys! Im a gadget kinda guy and I like the latest and new stuff, and the gyro is the next thing in my line of site. Im curious if that thing in my OL would prevent it from rolling.:rolleyes: HMMM!!!!

EMU
2010.01.05, 05:25 PM
Jamil, I dont think it will help at all with rolling. It is designed for the car coming loose (on throttle), and will counter steer to keep the tail in check.

Marty, getting a Eurus... Nice, let me know how you like it. I want one!!! (whats the price tag on that?)

minittrackmann
2010.01.05, 06:28 PM
Eugene if you get the eurus ill take your helios ;)

Fifty7
2010.01.06, 12:23 AM
Jamil, I dont think it will help at all with rolling. It is designed for the car coming loose (on throttle), and will counter steer to keep the tail in check.

Marty, getting a Eurus... Nice, let me know how you like it. I want one!!! (whats the price tag on that?)

I have no idea but it's supposed to be not much more than the Helios. I decided to make the switch to 2.4 as a Christmas present to myself but the Helios was discontinued right after I ordered it so I'm stuck waiting for the Eurus release.

EMU
2010.01.06, 12:36 AM
Given that the Eurus is marginally more expensive, you are better off waiting... Or you can save some $, and get a used Helios and module.

If I get the Eurus, I will keep my Helios for a little while. Mainly to have a backup transmitter incase I can talk my bro or a friend to come and race. Right now my biggest problem with the Helios is the 10 model memory. I constantly have to juggle with my cars, especially when I am prepping for an event. Right now, my Nascar is on my F1-B spot, and my AWD is in my old Nascar slot... :P I sometimes forget which model is which... since I dont bother renaming the memory slots. I think I have about 15 cars, so 10 slots is not enough, and I cant find the memory expander, which would bring it to 20, and cost about $50-60... I didnt want to have to adjust to the EX-1, so I just stuck with the Helios. Maybe I should thin the fleet down to 10 cars, and solve all of my problems :rolleyes:

Fifty7
2010.01.06, 08:21 AM
Given that the Eurus is marginally more expensive, you are better off waiting... Or you can save some $, and get a used Helios and module.

If I get the Eurus, I will keep my Helios for a little while. Mainly to have a backup transmitter incase I can talk my bro or a friend to come and race. Right now my biggest problem with the Helios is the 10 model memory. I constantly have to juggle with my cars, especially when I am prepping for an event. Right now, my Nascar is on my F1-B spot, and my AWD is in my old Nascar slot... :P I sometimes forget which model is which... since I dont bother renaming the memory slots. I think I have about 15 cars, so 10 slots is not enough, and I cant find the memory expander, which would bring it to 20, and cost about $50-60... I didnt want to have to adjust to the EX-1, so I just stuck with the Helios. Maybe I should thin the fleet down to 10 cars, and solve all of my problems :rolleyes:

Patience was my biggest problem (i dont have any) I have on 03 and just want to use it so my first instinct was to find a used helios but like you said i talked myself into the idea that i'm better off waiting for the new version. i definitely dont need the capability but i think its good for 40 models.

ShortBus
2010.01.06, 09:42 AM
Marty - I have a spare KT-18 if you want to use it until you get the Euros. It's up to you.

Jeff

J-Milz
2010.01.06, 10:25 AM
If you can't find the EX-10, JR makes the Z1 radio which is identical to the Ko radio. It's the same radio I have and it is sold at horizon hobby online, if Al is unable to get it.

ShortBus
2010.01.06, 10:45 AM
"out of stock"

Fifty7
2010.01.06, 11:41 AM
Marty - I have a spare KT-18 if you want to use it until you get the Euros. It's up to you.

Jeff

If you can't find the EX-10, JR makes the Z1 radio which is identical to the Ko radio. It's the same radio I have and it is sold at horizon hobby online, if Al is unable to get it.

Thanks for the help and the offers guys. I'm learning to be patient :D and will wait for the Eurus that Al already pre-ordered for me. Al has also let me use his KT-18 so i could use the car but i'm just not comfortable with it. Some people like simple, I'm a gadget guy and like the bells and whistles (and i dont care if certain radio features make up for setup or driving imperfections). Isnt that why those features are available.

LogicBytes
2010.01.06, 02:43 PM
Happy New Year everyone, I've missed racing the past few weeks. My wife was nice enough to give me Bronchitis, a sore throat coupled with a double ear infection which took me out of commission and feeling overall like crap. I can't wait till Saturday.

Kevin S.
2010.01.06, 10:54 PM
Happy New Year everyone, I've missed racing the past few weeks. My wife was nice enough to give me Bronchitis, a sore throat coupled with a double ear infection which took me out of commission and feeling overall like crap. I can't wait till Saturday.

Michael, I bet that wasn't the Christmas Gift you were hoping for :eek:

GTR driver
2010.01.07, 04:01 AM
I'm curious on how well the eurus will work out along with the gyro system. I'm already eyeballing an MR03. Seems like 99% of the people that got them are happy with it. :cool:

Fifty7
2010.01.07, 10:25 AM
I'm curious on how well the eurus will work out along with the gyro system. I'm already eyeballing an MR03. Seems like 99% of the people that got them are happy with it. :cool:

This is a surprising question from you. Why would you want a gyro? I though you liked your cars A$$ Happy?

jackg
2010.01.07, 11:23 AM
Nat with a gyro? hey Nat- no more Dukes of Hazzard turns for you:eek: -j

jackg
2010.01.07, 11:29 AM
i will have the truck tonight at the track. if you can get me to put down my nascar for 5 min you might get a taco:D -j

EMU
2010.01.07, 12:16 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28836&d=1262545690
In case anyone here missed this pic... It is a new main chassis for the MR02 with a narrow battery compartment like the MR03. Dont know when it will be available, but it looks promising to keep the MR02 on a similar playing field to the MR03. From what I have read, it uses an MR03 board, although I think you could get away with an MR02 board with MR03 servo motor (and gears I am assuming). If you want to use any of the current MR02 front ends, this would be the route to take when they are available...

I assume it uses MR03 t-plates as well...

Mike, sorry to hear you were sick... stuff has been going around, I was sick all last week, but still went racing last Saturday :rolleyes: After the first qualifier, I felt like I was going to fall over, it took so much out of me... I was shaking, and my eyes were tearing. It was actually kind of funny. The rest of the runs were fine, but that first one brought me back to a place I havent been at for a local club race in a long time.

Fifty7
2010.01.07, 01:15 PM
i will have the truck tonight at the track. if you can get me to put down my nascar for 5 min you might get a taco:D -j

Al - There goes our diets!!!!!

jackg
2010.01.07, 02:54 PM
all i can say is my new burrito with beef or chicken and refried beans is awesome. the classic burrito. it will f@*% a diet UP! :D-j

danny250r
2010.01.07, 11:07 PM
great racing tonight guys:D

GTR driver
2010.01.08, 03:37 AM
Nat with a gyro? hey Nat- no more Dukes of Hazzard turns for you:eek: -j

Yea maybe the gyro might take the fun out of it. Anyone getting this set up anytime soon? I'd like to see it in action at action. :D

GTR driver
2010.01.08, 03:38 AM
Al - There goes our diets!!!!!

It was 2 hotdogs and a burrito for me.

Paul G.
2010.01.08, 08:45 AM
Nat, have a good trip to Japan. Remember you are representing Action RC, so be a good boy LOL!

Fifty7
2010.01.08, 01:42 PM
great racing tonight guys:D

Ditto -

Lots of close battles in the A & B Mains

ShortBus
2010.01.08, 02:21 PM
Marty - do you have the MR03 on the track yet?

ActionRC
2010.01.08, 02:57 PM
Last night was a lot of fun! I wish I got a chance to check out the forums during the day. I ate right before I left home for the track (when I saw Valerie Alswife for 5 minutes for her birthday), and I was full. I should have got a taco anyway, which I realized after Jack left.

I couldn't believe what Eugene looked like on Saturday. When he finished his first qualifier, he was visibly shaking - like you could see his hands trembling.

Crop was looking to get the gyro when I get it in, so many of you will see it then. I like the video on YouTube about it. I like that new MR02 chassis too that Eugene posted. I wonder if Kyosho USA will ever get it in.

Hope you're feeling well enough to race Saturday, Mike!

See everyone tomorrow!

jackg
2010.01.08, 07:28 PM
if you guys want gyros i will spin-roast some lamb:D -j

GTR driver
2010.01.09, 04:16 AM
Nat, have a good trip to Japan. Remember you are representing Action RC, so be a good boy LOL!

Thanks Paul! I'll be rocking my action rc shirt while I'm out there too. Dsport magazine will be covering the event and will be filming for there DVD. So you'll probably see shots of me wearing it.

ActionRC
2010.01.09, 01:44 PM
Thanks, Nat! See everyone is a little while!

J-Milz
2010.01.10, 12:53 AM
Ten car bashcar main!!

jackg
2010.01.10, 02:08 AM
wow. i am trying to recover from the beat down. my car was a hazzard, a target and finally a victim. best night of racing in town. even though i only got a few laps in before wrecking it was still awesome. i love running all the Nascars together more than i hate it. Action Rules! can't wait 'til thursday night. -j

jackg
2010.01.10, 04:14 PM
i also need to mention Crop's 03 is crazy fast. I now want an 03:D -j

Fifty7
2010.01.10, 09:37 PM
Marty - do you have the MR03 on the track yet?

Yes I do. Needs a little work but I don't want to go nuts till I get my radio but I'm likin it.

ActionRC
2010.01.11, 11:29 AM
What a night! Group 2 had some of the best qualifying races I have ever seen. I wish they kept it more together in the B, but Tom Sr continued to dominate the B as he seems to do every week. (Check his B1 status' on the points page!) He might be the ultimate Bubble Boy right now. Rob ran great, but I really hope Phil comes for the next two weeks. Both Rob and Phil both have three 100's, so either one can win the Division 1 title (with perfect 500 scores!) with two weeks to go. I would really love to see this world-class shootout, but Phil needs to come to see it happen! C'mon Phil - give Rob a run for his money, and let's see you really EARN this title!

Strong runs this weekend by Nat, Jamil, Crop, and Shafiq. I really liked my car in qualiying, and made the A, but my 32 laps in the A would have put me 4th in the B behind Tom Sr. and Jamil, and .12 seconds behind Mike S! It was also great to see Jamil and Mike S have great runs in Narrow Spec. I made the A in Narrow, and really caught up to Crop in points as a result! That should be fun over the next couple of weeks!

NASCAR, NASCAR, NASCAR - So many mixed emotions about that one by several drivers. All drivers were relatively experienced drivers, so we (well, the majority) decided to run as one group - a 10 car A Main. I thought it was alot of fun. For me, the key was to keep your eyes 10 feet ahead, listen for plastic, listen to the drivers and the announcer, and always slow down at the lap counter. I guess it was a lot of fun if you made it out in one piece. Some didn't. With the exception of Rob dominating, it was a close race from 2nd to 5th, with notable runs by others. Mike and Jack had some trouble and fell out, but everyone else continued to the end. It was great! I think it would be interesting to run a NASCAR Championship where everyone has to run box stock motors and 6 tooth pinions - slow them down tremendously - and always run one group so it's no decision or surprise. Up to 43 cars (or however many could be run up to 43 in Core) would be a legit race - just like the real thing, and the speeds would be more scale to keep them safer, closer, and in one piece. That would be awesome!

On January 30th, we are going to start our new tradition of running Enduros after every eight week point series ends. I think it will be a fun change, and it has been requested by many drivers many times. We'll have teams and individual competitions, and we'll split the time so that we'll have probably two or three groups running in 30-40 minute increments so that there isn't too much downtime. I want them to be enough time to make everyone pit at least once per session. Drivers who are not driving during a session will split marshaling duties during that session. I think it will be really cool. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or thoughts about the enduros, let me know. I value all of your opinions tremendously! I know it's great to run 3 hours in one shot, but I don't think having a Saturday night crowd all on the track at one time would be a good idea, and marshaling would be a huge issue.

Don't for get to leave Feb 27th open for the Winternationals! Points are updated on the website, and we have several interesting battles. Don't let us down, Phil!!! See everyone tomorrow! :D

hpotter
2010.01.11, 11:29 AM
Hey everyone, just checking in. Just in case no one has noticed, the track may have been a little more quiet the past few weeks (wink wink). I've been having some minor physical issues (no, not mental) but getting better and hopefully will be racing this week--if not most defintely next week. I just got your messages Al, phone and voicemail wasn't working but text was thats why I didn't notice it. So hopefully I'll be racing real soon. Later.

Fifty7
2010.01.11, 11:51 AM
I think it would be interesting to run a NASCAR Championship where everyone has to run box stock motors and 6 tooth pinions - slow them down tremendously - and always run one group so it's no decision or surprise. Up to 43 cars (or however many could be run up to 43 in Core) would be a legit race - just like the real thing, and the speeds would be more scale to keep them safer, closer, and in one piece. That would be awesome!

Don't for get to leave Feb 27th open for the Winternationals! Points are updated on the website, and we have several interesting battles. Don't let us down, Phil!!! See everyone tomorrow! :D

I was with you on the NASCAR thing until you said 43 cars. Could you imagine!!! I think everyone running the same motor would be a lot of fun.

As for the Winternationals I am VERY upset that i cannot make it :(:(:(. I just realized yesterday that my cousin (your neighbor) is getting married that day. I really look forward to the big races and will miss it tremendously.

Hey everyone, just checking in. Just in case no one has noticed, the track may have been a little more quiet the past few weeks (wink wink). I've been having some minor physical issues (no, not mental) but getting better and hopefully will be racing this week--if not most defintely next week. I just got your messages Al, phone and voicemail wasn't working but text was thats why I didn't notice it. So hopefully I'll be racing real soon. Later.
Hope your feeling better and dont kid yourself. The track has been ALOT quieter without you, but seriously, everyone has been concerned and asking for you. Glad to hear you will be back soon. Now if we could only find Pucho.

J-Milz
2010.01.11, 01:59 PM
On January 30th, we are going to start our new tradition of running Enduros after every eight week point series ends. I think it will be a fun change, and it has been requested by many drivers many times. We'll have teams and individual competitions, and we'll split the time so that we'll have probably two or three groups running in 30-40 minute increments so that there isn't too much downtime. I want them to be enough time to make everyone pit at least once per session. Drivers who are not driving during a session will split marshaling duties during that session. I think it will be really cool. If anyone has any suggestions, ideas or thoughts about the enduros, let me know. I value all of your opinions tremendously! I know it's great to run 3 hours in one shot, but I don't think having a Saturday night crowd all on the track at one time would be a good idea, and marshaling would be a huge issue.

What are the rules for the enduro? Are we gonna run 70t and LM bodies? How will the teams be determined? Are we gonna pick cards? Or will the 1st seed be teamed up with the 8th seed, and the 2nd with the 7 and so forth?

JeremyC
2010.01.11, 02:42 PM
On January 30th, we are going to start our new tradition of running Enduros after every eight week point series ends.

Al,

I am going to be there for this, I promise! What are the rules? What motor do I need to run? Are there teams? Will someone be my friend?

-Jeremy

TomSr
2010.01.11, 02:48 PM

Glad to hear you are getting better Tom.

J-Milz
2010.01.11, 03:16 PM
Al,

I am going to be there for this, I promise! What are the rules? What motor do I need to run? Are there teams? Will someone be my friend?

-Jeremy

Is there an echo on this forum? :eek:

JeremyC
2010.01.11, 06:06 PM
Is there an echo on this forum? :eek:

Did you hear something?

pressure
2010.01.11, 06:14 PM
Ill run with you jeremy if I can make it.

JeremyC
2010.01.11, 08:23 PM
Ill run with you jeremy if I can make it.

Awesome! Lets see what the rules are and we can go from there..

jackg
2010.01.12, 10:22 AM
I was with you on the NASCAR thing until you said 43 cars. Could you imagine!!! I think everyone running the same motor would be a lot of fun.

As for the Winternationals I am VERY upset that i cannot make it :(:(:(. I just realized yesterday that my cousin (your neighbor) is getting married that day. I really look forward to the big races and will miss it tremendously.

Hope your feeling better and dont kid yourself. The track has been ALOT quieter without you, but seriously, everyone has been concerned and asking for you. Glad to hear you will be back soon. Now if we could only find Pucho.

rest up Tom we miss you at the track and yeah-where is Pucho? -j

ActionRC
2010.01.12, 04:15 PM
Tom - Great to finally hear from you! Naturally, we have all been concerned about you, and I am glad you'll be returning soon. We assumed you hurt the back again. You can't citch your friends for a month and expect us not to worry about you! Can't wait for your return, and glad you're recovering.

Jamil and Jeremy - Enduros will be run with our stock WIDE BODY class cars OR our NARROW BODY SPEC cars. You can run either one. Teams will be chosen that day based on the most logical combinations to keep it as fair as possible. We'll split into divisions anyway to give everyone a fair shot at a win. The "best and worst guy" teams (although the concept is good) have never been able to beat the "two middle guy" teams.

Marty - Wedding or Winternationals? You need to get your priorities straight. Unfortunately, Pucho sold all of his stuff for a ridiculously low price. Something happened in his family that kind of forced him out of the hobby. He told me that something was going on in PA in his family that he had to take care of, and he wouldn't be able to race for a while. His wife had just gotten him and MR03, so it wasn't her giving him a hard time. He was very sad when he told me, but it was a private matter, so I didn't ask for details. He was very pained to have to give up the hobby, so hopefully everything is okay with him. He will be missed, and I hope he'll return one day. He was a great addition to the crew, so hopefully his absence is not permanent.

SEE EVERYONE TONIGHT!

philly123
2010.01.12, 05:57 PM

Im going away this weekend so i wont be able to make it. I plan on coming to the winternats though. Lets see if Cody can continue his rein of bad luck where he does 10.2s until i get there, then his fast lap is 11.4 lol. See everyone this thursday, hopefully.

Fifty7
2010.01.13, 08:46 AM
Marty - Wedding or Winternationals? You need to get your priorities straight. Unfortunately, Pucho sold all of his stuff for a ridiculously low price. Something happened in his family that kind of forced him out of the hobby. He told me that something was going on in PA in his family that he had to take care of, and he wouldn't be able to race for a while. His wife had just gotten him and MR03, so it wasn't her giving him a hard time. He was very sad when he told me, but it was a private matter, so I didn't ask for details. He was very pained to have to give up the hobby, so hopefully everything is okay with him. He will be missed, and I hope he'll return one day. He was a great addition to the crew, so hopefully his absence is not permanent.

SEE EVERYONE TONIGHT!

Yeah yeah yeah, I know where I WANT to be but that wouldn't go over very big with the family:eek::eek: I heard you say the other day that Pucho sold all his stuff and i didn't want to pry either. He was a good guy that fit in right away. I hope he stops by for a visit some time.

jackg
2010.01.13, 10:17 AM
working in the truck means frozen mini-z. i dropped an old body and it shattered like a wine glass. cold weather sucks. -j

EMU
2010.01.13, 12:54 PM
working in the truck means frozen mini-z. i dropped an old body and it shattered like a wine glass. cold weather sucks. -j
Which body was that?

jackg
2010.01.13, 02:05 PM
an Audi with many cracks and CA repairs from my first days at Action. something happens to CA glue in extreme cold. it gets brittle & drys out. -j

jackg
2010.01.14, 09:11 AM
Macho Nacho in the house tonight. I should be at the track by 7:30. free fresh baked chocolate chip cookies after the 2nd round of qualifing while supplies last. :cool: -j

Kevin S.
2010.01.14, 12:55 PM
Hey Al,
Sorry I have been MIA from the track lately but my work schedule has been so crazy. I have been getting home from work very late the past month or so and it is interfering with my Mini-Z racing :mad:. Hopefully things start to get a little normal again at work so I can get back there next week. See everyone soon.

ActionRC
2010.01.14, 01:58 PM
Kev - Too bad you couldn't come last Saturday. Mike and Joe both raced. (Joe ran really well!) I have your dNaNo! (Very cool - we all drove it!)

Jack - Save two of the usual for me! (Just keep your CA away from them.)

Phil - You stink! ("But I didn't even say anything.") You (again!) have a great chance at giving everyone a great show - a legit battle for the Division 1 title, and we're not going to get to see it! Divison 2 rules! Plus, Johnathan is racing Saturday, so it would have been really cool to see you and Rob each battling for "Perfect 500" series with Johnathan throwing a possible wrench in both of your plans. Division 1 has a potential great battle going on, and now it won't happen. I'll make you a deal - if you come for the next two weeks, I'll make racing $10 instead of $20 each week. We all want to see this! (Rob only needs one more week of points. You need two.) C'mon Phil - make this happen! Don't let us down! :(

Let's have a HUGE payout tonight, guys! See everyone later!

PS - Kyosho and PN orders shipped, and will both be in on Saturday!

Kevin S.
2010.01.14, 03:18 PM
Kev - Too bad you couldn't come last Saturday. Mike and Joe both raced. (Joe ran really well!) I have your dNaNo! (Very cool - we all drove it!)

Jack - Save two of the usual for me! (Just keep your CA away from them.)

Phil - You stink! ("But I didn't even say anything.") You (again!) have a great chance at giving everyone a great show - a legit battle for the Division 1 title, and we're not going to get to see it! Divison 2 rules! Plus, Johnathan is racing Saturday, so it would have been really cool to see you and Rob each battling for "Perfect 500" series with Johnathan throwing a possible wrench in both of your plans. Division 1 has a potential great battle going on, and now it won't happen. I'll make you a deal - if you come for the next two weeks, I'll make racing $10 instead of $20 each week. We all want to see this! (Rob only needs one more week of points. You need two.) C'mon Phil - make this happen! Don't let us down! :(

Let's have a HUGE payout tonight, guys! See everyone later!

PS - Kyosho and PN orders shipped, and will both be in on Saturday!

Al - I will be back at the track very soon, trust me. I am having Mini - Z withdrawals :eek:. I am glad that you guys enjoyed the dNANO. I have ordered all of the hop up parts for it and they all came in now so it should be real good once I get them on there. Do you have any of the Black McLaren's in stock? That is the body that I got for the dNANO so I want to have the matching body for the Mini - Z as well. :D

CDR racing
2010.01.14, 03:27 PM
Macho Nacho in the house tonight. I should be at the track by 7:30. free fresh baked chocolate chip cookies after the 2nd round of qualifing while supplies last. :cool: -j

come on! desert on a night when im not there? thats just cruel

ActionRC
2010.01.15, 12:55 PM
For those of you who missed last night, all I can say is you missed a GREAT night of racing! Every race was exciting!

C-Main: Lil' Mikey and and Joseph (a new young driver) battled it out the entire race! Joe led 1-24, with Mikey on his bumper, Mikey took the lead from 25-30, and Joe took it back with just two laps to go - and won by just 2.35 seconds when Mikey hit the boards when trying to pass one last time on the inside. It was great!

B-Main: Marty led the entire race, and I got in a first lap crash that hung me back. Marty was hard to catch, and I even went down a lap, but I got back on the lead lap, had to work past Danny and Jeff, who each held second for a long time, and worked my way by Jeff on the last lap to take second when everyone was in one big pile up on the far chicane. It was an intense race! I really like the new lap-counter chicane and revised far chicane! Great run by Marty. I needed one more lap! (Okay, maybe two more laps!)

A-Main: This was awesome! Phil, Rob, and Johnathan all qualified with 28 laps, and within 3 seconds of each other - typical A-Main Elite. The A was a 3-car shootout between these incredible drivers. Rather than split the pot, I gave all $25 to the winner - and nothing for 2nd and 3rd! Phil lead from 1-5, Johnathan took the lead on 6 and led the rest of the race, but Rob was behind him by half a second on EVERY lap! Johnathan ended up winning the entire $25 prize by just 1.53 seconds! It was CRAZY! What a great race! Phil came off early when he lost the lead lap to let J & R battle on a clear track.

Unfortunataly, Phil will be away this weekend snowboarding, so he will not be able to contend for the Championship. Rob may very well have it locked up, as I do not think anyone else would be able to close the gap. Everything else is still up in the air!

I enjoyed my tacos very much last night, and especially enjoyed the huge batch of chocolate chip cookies that Jack made for EVERYONE! Cookies, tacos, and great racing! It was an AWESOME NIGHT! (Although that was my first junk food since 1/1!)

PS - Kyosho arrived yesterday! Murcielago bodies, test car GTR's, lots of unpainted bodies, 38-20's, 37-30's - a whole bunch of good stuff came in!

See everyone Saturday! Come see Crop GYRATE with his new Gyro! :D

ActionRC
2010.01.15, 01:02 PM
Al - I will be back at the track very soon, trust me. I am having Mini - Z withdrawals :eek:. I am glad that you guys enjoyed the dNANO. I have ordered all of the hop up parts for it and they all came in now so it should be real good once I get them on there. Do you have any of the Black McLaren's in stock? That is the body that I got for the dNANO so I want to have the matching body for the Mini - Z as well. :D

Kev - You missed a good one last night. I do have a black Mclaren in stock. I found out that I cannot order dNaNo's because they are distributed for Kyosho exclusively through HobbyTown, which stinks! Jeff couldn't even find dNaNo's on their website!

Fifty7
2010.01.15, 02:55 PM
For those of you who missed last night, all I can say is you missed a GREAT night of racing! Every race was exciting!

C-Main: Lil' Mikey and and Joseph (a new young driver) battled it out the entire race! Joe led 1-24, with Mikey on his bumper, Mikey took the lead from 25-30, and Joe took it back with just two laps to go - and won by just 2.35 seconds when Mikey hit the boards when trying to pass one last time on the inside. It was great!

B-Main: Marty led the entire race, and I got in a first lap crash that hung me back. Marty was hard to catch, and I even went down a lap, but I got back on the lead lap, had to work past Danny and Jeff, who each held second for a long time, and worked my way by Jeff on the last lap to take second when everyone was in one big pile up on the far chicane. It was an intense race! I really like the new lap-counter chicane and revised far chicane! Great run by Marty. I needed one more lap! (Okay, maybe two more laps!)

A-Main: This was awesome! Phil, Rob, and Johnathan all qualified with 28 laps, and within 3 seconds of each other - typical A-Main Elite. The A was a 3-car shootout between these incredible drivers. Rather than split the pot, I gave all $25 to the winner - and nothing for 2nd and 3rd! Phil lead from 1-5, Johnathan took the lead on 6 and led the rest of the race, but Rob was behind him by half a second on EVERY lap! Johnathan ended up winning the entire $25 prize by just 1.53 seconds! It was CRAZY! What a great race! Phil came off early when he lost the lead lap to let J & R battle on a clear track.

Unfortunataly, Phil will be away this weekend snowboarding, so he will not be able to contend for the Championship. Rob may very well have it locked up, as I do not think anyone else would be able to close the gap. Everything else is still up in the air!

I enjoyed my tacos very much last night, and especially enjoyed the huge batch of chocolate chip cookies that Jack made for EVERYONE! Cookies, tacos, and great racing! It was an AWESOME NIGHT! (Although that was my first junk food since 1/1!)

PS - Kyosho arrived yesterday! Murcielago bodies, test car GTR's, lots of unpainted bodies, 38-20's, 37-30's - a whole bunch of good stuff came in!

See everyone Saturday! Come see Crop GYRATE with his new Gyro! :D

Absolutely Awesome racing in all all classes last night, I'm glad i decided to come down. I dont want to start trouble but you needed more than a couple of laps. Thanks to the late crash that i wasn't involved in, i was on my own lap when we finished. :D:D

Kevin S.
2010.01.15, 05:45 PM
Kev - You missed a good one last night. I do have a black Mclaren in stock. I found out that I cannot order dNaNo's because they are distributed for Kyosho exclusively through HobbyTown, which stinks! Jeff couldn't even find dNaNo's on their website!

I did a little research and thats what I had found out as well. I read that HobbyTown is the exclusive distributor of the dNANO in the US otherwise I would have had ordered it through you. I actually bought the dNANO from someone on this forum. It was practically brand new. He only ran it for about 20 minutes or so. I ordered all of the hop up parts for it from NanoTrax in Thailand and I can't wait to put them on.

I am upset that I missed last nights racing as well. I did not get home from work until almost 10:00 and I was absolutely exhausted. If I got home a little bit earlier, my intentions were to stop by the track and hang out for a little bit but that didn't happen as you can see :mad:.

Al & Marty, I also got a pair of the bearing spacers for you. When I come next week, I will give them to you guys. See everyone soon.

CDR racing
2010.01.15, 08:54 PM

So let me get this straight. The man who once said "Al I can't marhsal my back hurts too much" is the same man now saying "Al I can't race for my championship I'll be away SNOWBOARDING." Hmm...Intersting.

ShortBus
2010.01.15, 09:59 PM
LOL, Al which race where you in??? All I know is that Marty created a race of his own and I had 2nd place in the bag ;) On that final lap I came up on the back of the pack entering the last chicane with Al a few car lengths behind me. Jack was running this "James Bond" edition Corvette that spewed out Macho Nacho sauce to ward off passing cars. Needless to say I ended up on my roof and lost position. I'm still picking picante out of my front suspension !!!

As usual - Great night of racing and food !!!!!!!!

Who owns the dNano in the shop? I'd love to see it in action :)

The Geek Squad Beetle is complete and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can attend Saturday night to try it out.

Kevin S.
2010.01.16, 02:59 AM
LOL, Al which race where you in??? All I know is that Marty created a race of his own and I had 2nd place in the bag ;) On that final lap I came up on the back of the pack entering the last chicane with Al a few car lengths behind me. Jack was running this "James Bond" edition Corvette that spewed out Macho Nacho sauce to ward off passing cars. Needless to say I ended up on my roof and lost position. I'm still picking picante out of my front suspension !!!

The Geek Squad Beetle is complete and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can attend Saturday night to try it out.

Hey Jeff, that would be me :D. It is completely bone stock right now and from what I understand it is pretty good. My brother took it to the track last week to try it out and he was impressed with it. I have not had a chance to try it yet as I have been working real late these past few weeks and I haven't gotten to the track :mad:. I hope to be there this upcoming Thursday so I will bring it then and you can try it out.

jackg
2010.01.16, 11:15 AM
thurs gift card racing is getting intense:D i can't even believe i made the B. i was driving like shiznit. i will be a little more focused tonight;) Jeff - i promise to try and stay out of the way:eek: -j

ShortBus
2010.01.16, 02:36 PM
Jack - nah, you're good - just trying to spice up the commentary.

Hopefully see you guys tonight !!

jackg
2010.01.16, 03:15 PM
macho nacho at the track about 5 pm today. can't wait to race. :cool: -j

Fifty7
2010.01.16, 07:48 PM

Thanks Jeff, :D Someone was watching. It's not often I start in front and finish that way. Usually 3/4 of the way through i take myself out and finish mid pack so not choking was very satisfying.

jackg
2010.01.17, 12:50 AM
awesome race night at Action. good to see Jim G racing and Cody in the house:eek: my nascar is getting better-just in time for the end of the season.:p just like jr -j

ActionRC
2010.01.18, 05:42 PM
Hey, everyone! Quick post before I leave for the day. It was busy so I didn't get to come on the forum all day.

Marty and Jeff - You guys are lucky I didn't keep the race printout. I may have to pull it back up from the trash files and review it! I was down a lap to Marty, and then caught back up onto the lead lap after a strong clean run, but then I got some sauce on me. Haha!

I am looking forward to this entire week of racing - should be a fun one, and the layout is really cool! Points are updated on the web, and it should be a fun conclusion - especially for the 2nd place positions, which are always fun as well.

Enduro Night - Starting 1/30!
Pan Car - Starting 2/6! (Rules to be posted shortly!)

jackg
2010.01.18, 09:53 PM
the 03 PanCar will be absolutley lethal with any motor. -j

J-Milz
2010.01.18, 11:16 PM
Are you gonna unleash the pan car w/ a speedy 07 / Atomic? Or is it gonna be 70T?

ActionRC
2010.01.19, 10:34 AM
I am going to keep the motors the same as the stock class. I like giving you guys options, and as you see in stock, the motor is important, but certainly not the deciding factor. Cody with his 70 turn is tough to catch even when I am running well with my Speedy 07. With the ability to run multiple chassis', the motor has become a less important issue than chassis and setup. The body will be enough of an "evening-out" factor. It's going to be awesome!

I need to paint a new pan car body - I pretty much wrecked my last one and got all I could out of it with my F1 tie rod glued and bolted to the front! I may even make my current 02 my pan car and (finally) go with the MR03 for myself. Anyone know if the PN pan car body fits an AWD chassis? Hmmmmm. ;)

ShortBus
2010.01.19, 11:49 AM
Al, are there going to be any restrictions between Pan Car bodies (Atomic vs PN and 98mm vs 94mm)?

Jeff

EMU
2010.01.19, 12:56 PM
Al, the only pan body that fits the AWD is the ATM VDS 2.5 (94mm). The VDS 1/2 and PN body are all too low on the sides of the cokpit.

Fifty7
2010.01.19, 07:40 PM
Marty and Jeff - You guys are lucky I didn't keep the race printout. I may have to pull it back up from the trash files and review it! I was down a lap to Marty, and then caught back up onto the lead lap after a strong clean run, but then I got some sauce on me. Haha!

OK all kidding aside, if you can find it, save it for me because if we finished on the same lap then i just need you to clarify for me how to read that sheet cause i'm looking at something wrong. I thought i understood it but i could definitely be wrong.

ShortBus
2010.01.20, 09:23 AM
Marty - the truck came last night and the garbage is gone :(

Fifty7
2010.01.20, 09:37 AM
Marty - the truck came last night and the garbage is gone :(

How convenient :p;):D

ActionRC
2010.01.21, 01:55 PM
Hahaha! We are SOOOOO checking those trash files tonight!

Pan Car - Any pan car body is legal as long as it's white plastic - no clear bodies. 94mm or 98mm, Atomic or PN - just like we ran last time, but you can run AWD or any Kyosho 2WD chassis this time.

Eugene - Thanks for the info. I knew you'd be the go-to guy for a question like that! I would love to try the Atomic body on my 94mm AWD with my old broken-in X-Speed!

See everyone tonight!!!

ShortBus
2010.01.21, 04:12 PM
Marty - here we go again :)

Fifty7
2010.01.21, 10:22 PM
Marty - here we go again :)

Hey, I hope he finds them. It was nice to see the number 1 next to my name for every lap. :D:D

Wish i made it down there tonight:mad: