PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

ShortBus
2010.01.22, 12:18 AM
Marty - we missed you tonight !!

Another great turnout with some really good races. I also got to play around with Kevin's dNano and it was pretty cool. I'm up in the air with one of these but after driving it I can se myself getting hooked, especially with a home track type thing. I also had some time to play around with my helios and really got my 015 dialed in. Now the next challenge is to make it back on a Saturday night to run it :)

Jeff

Fifty7
2010.01.22, 09:08 AM
Marty - we missed you tonight !!

Another great turnout with some really good races. I also got to play around with Kevin's dNano and it was pretty cool. I'm up in the air with one of these but after driving it I can se myself getting hooked, especially with a home track type thing. I also had some time to play around with my helios and really got my 015 dialed in. Now the next challenge is to make it back on a Saturday night to run it :)

Jeff

I wish i would've made it too. It was my wifes birthday and we went out and Saturday is the Pinewood Derby so i really needed to make sure i worked on the car. I didnt get home from dinner till almost 8 so i figured it was late anyway and stayed home to work on the car.

According to what i'm seeing the Eurus should be released for delivery soon. Fingers are crossed.

Kevin S.
2010.01.22, 09:24 AM
Great turnout and great racing last night by everyone. Unfortunately, I had some major issues with my remote and with my car last night :mad:. Hopefully I can get everything straightened out by next week.

ActionRC
2010.01.22, 01:11 PM
Great night, guys! Big turnout, big payout, and lots of fun!

Highlights:
A Main: Great battle between Johnathan and Phil for the win! Johnathan took the win by just 3.59 seconds! Great battle for third between Crop, Jeff, and myself. Jeff was about 7 seconds behind Crop, and I was four seconds back from Jeff. Tight racing! I got the goose egg! :mad:

B Main: Another awesome race! Tom Sr and Shafiq swapped the lead at the lap counter 7 times, and countless other times at other points on the track! Adam was right there, but did not get the extra lap to try to make a run while Tom Sr and Shafiq battled one last lap, and finished just 3.7 seconds apart after Tom hit the boards and Shafiq took the last lap pass! Great battle between Jamil and Jim for the "not to come in last place" race! Jamil squeezed in one last lap and Jim missed it by just .99 seconds! It was insane!

C Main: Lil' Mikey is becoming a bubble boy! He is dominating the C main, but is not quite up to the B main yet. He had some of the smoothest laps of any of the younger drivers that I have ever seen last night. Some of his passes through the chicanes were as good as any driver in the B at times. He needs a bit more consistency, but he has improved tremendously, and his C main wins keep proving it. His run was not very far back from Jamil and Jim in the B - the same number of laps, actually, if Jamil did not just squeeze in the extra lap. (And that was with working through 5 other lapped cars.) He also had a few laps in the 11 second zone, which is VERY commendable.

It was great to see some old faces, and a few new ones too, racing last night. Let's keep the growth going! Missed you last night , :( Marty and Jack! I hope Tuesday and Thursday's crowds are a good indication of a very big Saturday night with lots of great races! See y'all then! :D

danny250r
2010.01.22, 09:55 PM
I wish i would've made it too. It was my wifes birthday and we went out and Saturday is the Pinewood Derby so i really needed to make sure i worked on the car. I didnt get home from dinner till almost 8 so i figured it was late anyway and stayed home to work on the car.

According to what i'm seeing the Eurus should be released for delivery soon. Fingers are crossed.

marty the eurus will be in the states on wed or thursday ,well thats what i saw on rc tech forum from kopropo :D

Scrapper
2010.01.22, 11:24 PM
stu has to show up to show u guys what a c main should look like

JeremyC
2010.01.22, 11:41 PM
stu has to show up to show u guys what a c main should look like

come on sam; you can do better than the C :)

jackg
2010.01.23, 09:27 AM
i have been very consistant this points series...I am exactly last place in 02 AND Nascar in my division:eek: I'd like to thank the car owner, all my sponsors, Fox, NBC, and of course SpeedChannel.:D -j

jackg
2010.01.24, 12:42 AM
'lil monkey makes the A???? Emu in the B??? another great night of racing. I need to get my sh#% together 'cause Sr and crop are now routinely kicking my butt .also- sorry to close the snack bar early- i will make sure i am in tip top shape next week for the enduro:D -j

J-Milz
2010.01.25, 10:40 AM
What are the rules for the the upcomming enduro? What body? Wide or narrow? I cant miss three in a row! :mad:

Fifty7
2010.01.25, 11:11 AM
What are the rules for the the upcomming enduro? What body? Wide or narrow? I cant miss three in a row! :mad:

Yes, please post some info if you can for those of us who have never done it but want to.

ShortBus
2010.01.25, 11:59 AM
I believe Al is "down and out" with the stomach flu :(

Fifty7
2010.01.25, 01:02 PM
I believe Al is "down and out" with the stomach flu :(

oooooohhh definitely going around. Feel better

EMU
2010.01.25, 05:57 PM
I had a miserable race day on Saturday... I spent all of my effort driving and setting up the Sauber C9 on my MR015. By the main, I think I had it partially worked out. I had a lot of difficulty getting the power down and over-rotation on power... I went to new rear tires, it helped but not enough... then I went to slick 40 front tires, which is what I ran in the main. As long as I was very smooth on throttle, the car handled well. It is a car that is very good into the corner, but you need to wait longer to get on throttle on the exit.

I had gotton so used to driving the Sauber during practice and the main, that it completely threw off my lines for the narrow class. Shafiq got a great start, and blocked the line very well. Whenever I had enough room to make a clean pass, he would sqeeze the door shut just enough that I had to second guess the line and either hit the board or had to back off. When I did get by him, I was able to turn some decent laps, but I was so off rhythem from running behind him, that I was hitting the inside of the corners, especially the one coming off the infield before the timing loop. It was very frustrating, because I knew my car had speed, but I just couldnt get my lines consistant. I didnt have enough time to feel the limit of the car without chasing Shafiq. I managed to get some good laps, but couldnt string them together.

Nascar, both of my t-plate screws backed out of my motormount :( I couldnt get anything right. I guess, it was a sign for things to come... (ie NY Jets)

i want to congratulate Crop. He ran a great race, and was very consistant. I did put up a considerably faster lap in my main, however, he had NO unforced errors, while I had quite a few. I finished 2s behind him on the clock with 2 other cars, while he had 5 other cars... A+ performance for him. It shows, that with a good handling car, he is a force to reckon with. I had a chance to drive it after the race, and it felt very good. More than enough rotation, but wasnt edgy at all. The infield straight was the only place that I felt that the gyro was losing him time. When you want to make a quick subtle right-left-right, it over-reacted and scrubbed off speed. I feel that car placement on the track is one of the most important features to focus on when setting up a car, and Crops car had very good ability to place the car on any line with speed.

Fifty7
2010.01.25, 07:19 PM
Oh I forgot about that. What are the first thoughts on the Gyro??

CDR racing
2010.01.26, 12:17 PM
I'm not 100% sure about my feelings about the gyro, but Saturday definitely helped. When i first started running it the car was pushing like a dump truck, and changing suspension didnt seem to help much, since the softer the suspension, the more chassis movement, the more the gyro countered that movement. It does make the car VERY stable and very difficult to spin out, but the push seemed like it hurt more than it helped. Then I noticed i had some other issues with damper settings, tplate, etc that made me not have much rebound in the rear suspension. This week I put a green spring in my oil shock and spent about a half hour sanding the damper plates and discs. The car is much better now. I had Al order the usb adapter cable for the board because according to the instructions in the gyro it can be adjusted, which would help the push. But after my suspension adjustments this saturday I don't think I'll need to play with the gyro much. I think the trick with the gyro is to set up a very loose, aggressive, border-line undriveable car without it. If you have a car that is neutral, the gyro will probably slow you down. I would bet if i unplugged the gyro now it would be undriveable and way too loose. But with the gyro, it still does have a bit of a loose effect, but its a controlled loose. It almost has sort of a rear wheel steering feel where the rear tires really rotate through the corner. So I think the gyro, with the right set up, can be very helpful.

CDR racing
2010.01.26, 12:20 PM
P.S. Thanks for the kind words Eugene. Although i like the 100 points, it would have been nice to try and race you for it in the A.

ActionRC
2010.01.26, 04:15 PM
Hey, everyone. Sorry I haven't been on. I have not been at work for the last two days becaue I was sick on Sunday and Monday, and my kids (all 3) were sick Monday and Tuesday. I obviously took something home from the track with me (as did Tom Sr) on Saturday night and passed it on to them. Somehow, Valerie Alswife is okay through this, but I have no idea how. Both of us have only slept about 4 hours total in the last 3 nights. Last night we slept about 45 minutes.

I have lots to announce about the points results, the upcoming enduro, and other things. I'll be back in full swing tomorrow. The track will be open tonight, and I have a PN order that came in if anyone was waiting for anything.

Nat - I have your 03 on the way. It's a brand new one - never arrived in the USA until yesterday! You will like it very much. I also have the Redbull Porsche MR03 on the way if anyone wants it.

Will write more tomorrow. Sorry to be so brief. See everyone tonight to test out the AWESOME and completely new layout!

ShortBus
2010.01.26, 04:39 PM
Al - will talk to you tonight about the Redbull

Jeff

Kevin S.
2010.01.26, 04:57 PM
See everyone tonight. I hope to be able to get my cars straightened out.

ShortBus
2010.01.26, 05:00 PM
Kev - sent an email in regards to those spacers and waiting to hear back.

Kevin S.
2010.01.26, 05:09 PM
Kev - sent an email in regards to those spacers and waiting to hear back.

Hey Jeff, it took him about 24 hrs before he responded to my email. I have an extra set that I can give you at the track tonight.

EMU
2010.01.26, 05:27 PM
Is the Redbull GT3R an ASC, or only RTR? I am very interested ;)

Fifty7
2010.01.26, 07:13 PM
Oh boy!!! Nats doin it. What radio you gonna get??

ShortBus
2010.01.27, 03:40 PM
Crop - I left the yellow vette wing is on Al's desk.

CDR racing
2010.01.27, 04:11 PM
Crop - I left the yellow vette wing is on Al's desk.

Cool thanks a lot!

GTR driver
2010.01.27, 06:14 PM
Oh boy!!! Nats doin it. What radio you gonna get??

Yup, finally going for it! As for the radio I'm gonna borrow my friends kt. I'm waiting until you get your radio. :D

minittrackmann
2010.01.27, 06:39 PM
This prob has been discussed already but is there going to be an enduro this saturday?

jackg
2010.01.27, 07:01 PM
yes but we are waiting for details

J-Milz
2010.01.27, 10:54 PM
yes but we are waiting for details

Just to make it more fun, Al said the rules of the enduro will be announced the morning of. :D The Winternationals rules will be announced on Feb 27th.

ActionRC
2010.01.28, 01:16 AM
Bunch of wise guys. :confused:

Here are a few updates for this very hectic week:

1) Why haven't I been on here as much over the last few days? Because I was sick Saturday night into Tuesday, all three kids were sick Monday into whenever, and now Valerie Alswife is continuing the trend for Wednesday into whenever. My household is a wreck, and I slept last night for my first complete night (6 hours) since Saturday. That's 10 hours of sleep over the last 96 hours, and here I am again awake because I did not have time to update from work after being out for two days. On a positive note, we had a nice influx of new customers this past weekend and Tuesday, so I was also communicating alot with new customers answering questions directly and vendors to get lots of cars and items for this week and weekend for the new guys. It's just been a crazy week at home and at the track, and I had limited time to use the computer, which is why I am here writing this at almost 1am when I would love to be sleeping right now. (I'm 100% better, so you don't have to avoid the track to avoid getting sick - I am not contageous.)

2) The enduro is this Saturday! We will run an enduro every 8 weeks after the points series ends. As I announced at the track (and I thought I did here too, but it's too late to really check), you will be able to run any of the wide body or narrow body cars that you currently own already. We will have team events and individual events run consecutively. We will run for 40 minute sessions with at least one battery change required. There will be at least two groups so marshalling and bench time will not be an issue. Teams can be chosen by you, but I reserve the right to tweak them if necessary if there is a lopsided advantage to a certain team. (ex. Johnathan and Rob will NOT be a team!) We will also split by current divisions to keep it as fair as possible. It's going to be a lot of fun!

3) Final Series 30 Points are updated on the website, and we have several new champs! Congratulations to everyone! Here they are:
Wide Body
Div 1: Rob B - 5 points over Eugene! Simply dominating! Wish Phil got to run the last two weeks, as they both had perfect 300's going into the last few weeks. Maybe next time.
Div 2: Tom Sr - I bumped out of Div 2 to Div 1 on the last week, and Jamil finished in second 14 points down! Great job by Tom Sr winning the B almost every week!
Div 3: Johnny D - He was well ahead of Lil' Mikey going into the last week by 8 points, until Lil' Mikey had a phenominal qualifier and made the A, where he ran exceptionally well again and made up 7 points on Johnny D, which is unheard of. Unfortunately, it was 1 point too short, and Johnny D stole Mikey's reigning championship. Great battle!

Narrow Body
Div 1: Eugene - Many wins and a great car gave him his title back from Johnathan by 5 points over Shafiq, who also had a great run on Saturday winning the A in Narrow AND NASCAR!
Div 2: Al - That's right! Crop and I had to battle it out yet again, and this time I took it from him! He beat me on the track, but he needed to beat me by two spots and he only beat my by one. It was another classic Crop/Al rivalry.

NASCAR Oval
Sprint Cup - Rob took another Championship with a perfect 500 points, stealing the long-held oval title from me! His 03 was flawless on the oval, and I cannot wait to do it again!
Nationwide Series - James G takes this one with a 5 point lead over Dominick. James got better and better, and both drivers had enough B's to keep the Nationwide class running despite nights where we ran everyone in one large group. Great to have two groups in NASCAR!

Trophies will be ready next week. I just couldn't do it this week for the aforementioned reasons.

4) Next Saturday we'll start our return of Pan Car! Rules will be exactly like stock, but with Atomic or PN Pan Car bodies as mandatory. I'll update the official points link on the website shortly to offically make the changes. I wanted to make it as easy for people to get into Pan Car as possible, and also speed the cars up a little since we last ran them.

5) Winternationals - As already mentioned, we will run our Wide, Narrow, and Pan Cars for the Winternationals on February 27th. Not sure what else I haven't said about the Nats', but if you have any questions about the event, of course, let me know - and register soon! Space is limited!

I think that's all for now! If Tuesday and last Thursday are any indication, this Thursday (today!) is going to be huge! See you all tonight!

Fifty7
2010.01.28, 08:51 AM
I've never been to an Enduro before. What do you do, just see who runs the most laps after 40 minutes? Who changes the batteries?

ActionRC
2010.01.28, 11:26 AM
We'll run several 40 minute sessions each, and add up the laps of each session to come up with an overall winner and team winner. I will keep tallies of everyone's individual laps, as well as team laps. When you take the driver's stand, have some tools and a set of batteries with you. Pit stops will be allowed on the front straights, but each driver will have to stay low, grab their car, and back up against the wall again. We have run very long 3 hour enduros before, which are awesome, but marshalling is an issue, and with so many different levels of drivers right now, the more we split up, the better. There will not be any long breaks inbetween rounds - we'll go from one group right into the other many times - I'd say maybe 3 rounds of 2 groups. (3 rounds would take 4 hours. Maybe a final 30 minute round could be added at the end if time allows. We'll see.)

Fifty7
2010.01.28, 11:59 AM
We'll run several 40 minute sessions each, and add up the laps of each session to come up with an overall winner and team winner. I will keep tallies of everyone's individual laps, as well as team laps. When you take the driver's stand, have some tools and a set of batteries with you. Pit stops will be allowed on the front straights, but each driver will have to stay low, grab their car, and back up against the wall again. We have run very long 3 hour enduros before, which are awesome, but marshalling is an issue, and with so many different levels of drivers right now, the more we split up, the better. There will not be any long breaks inbetween rounds - we'll go from one group right into the other many times - I'd say maybe 3 rounds of 2 groups. (3 rounds would take 4 hours. Maybe a final 30 minute round could be added at the end if time allows. We'll see.)

Cool, cant wait for tonight & Saturday.

pressure
2010.01.28, 12:17 PM
Hey Al,
Pan Class for Winternats will be 70 turn right? Sign me up ( pan & wide body stock) I think a few guys from Brooklyn will be there. Tranny problems with my "real" car has kept me in Brooklyn looking forward to the 27th.
Courtney

Fifty7
2010.01.28, 12:54 PM
Hey Al,
Pan Class for Winternats will be 70 turn right? Sign me up ( pan & wide body stock) I think a few guys from Brooklyn will be there. Tranny problems with my "real" car has kept me in Brooklyn looking forward to the 27th.
Courtney

Courtney,

If he opened up the motor for the pan car on Saturday's to the same rules as stock, I'm assuming it will be the same for the 'nats but don't hold me to it.

ActionRC
2010.01.28, 04:59 PM
Hey, Court! I was wondering how you were doing when I was looking at the points this week. Sorry to hear about your real car transmission. I personally installed a 64-pitch ball diff in my '95 Civic and it's been great ever since - very efficient, and it rolls great! :rolleyes:

Pan Car for the Winternats' will follow the same point series rules. No one will want to change a good car for a one day event, plus the racing is going to be intense with the stock motor rules! Go fast and enjoy! (Or go slower and steadier with your 70 turn and pass everyone like so many people with 70 turns do - your choice!)

See you soon, hopefully!

ActionRC
2010.01.29, 12:39 PM
Hi, everyone. I am so sorry to everyone who came to race last night about the electrical problem that we had last night. I spoke to ConEd today, and everything is back up and running as of 8:30am. I will go tonight and reprogram the thermostat so that everything will be good as new tomorrow.

Basically, my landlord and ConEd botched up the job of finally converting the account over to Action RC. This was all taken care of Wednesday night when (thankfully) I found out that they turned it off, and they came to turn it back on Thursday morning. When they arrived, they did not go to the back of the building where the meters are in the lower level business, and wrote that the business was closed. :mad: It was not, and that is why we had no power last night. ConEd had no problem reading the meters in the past, or turning off the service, but apparently this driver/technician was clueless. All is well again! :)

Let's make up for it tomorrow with a jam-packed night of enduro racing!!!

ActionRC
2010.01.29, 02:09 PM
Hi, again. I thought you guys might enjoy adding to a conversation that I had with a new customer of mine, Scott, who will be joining us for racing Saturday night for the enduro. I know you guys love adding witty comments (and facts of course) to topics like this, so have fun...

--- On Fri, 1/29/10, Zeo wrote:[/B]
To: info@actionrcspeedway.com
Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 1:41 PM

Al,
Okay, here's a stupid one for you: driver etiquette? The do's and dont's? Anything I really need to be aware of? I know that if I roll or spin, I should wait till the other cars pass... anything else off the top of your head?

From: "info@actionrcspeedway.com" <info@actionrcspeedway.com>
Friday, January 29, 2010 2:00 PM

You should definitely join our forum! Etiquitte is a common topic of discussion, but basically:
- You're allowed to use reverse, just don't do it into someone.
- The Action RC philosophy, as far as I am concerned anyway, is to fight to stay on a lap with a car that you are even with, and fight to get back on it if he gets by you, but get out of the way if you're going to lose a second lap.
- Marshal after you race, and pay attention to the track in front of you, not the race.
- Be ready for your race when it's up. Don't make everyone wait for you.
- Don't walk in front of other drivers while they're racing.

On the forum, I'll bet we'll get lots more. I'll start it for you. Definitely join us on the forum.

I know that second one has always been a topic of debate (not lately though, haha!), but I am sure you guys will know some more to help out our new friend. Have fun!

CDR racing
2010.01.29, 02:53 PM
Any chance of a potter sighting this weekend?:D

Slapstick10
2010.01.29, 03:02 PM
So been emailing Al all week , even met a few guys at the track! I had a question Al says would be great for the forum? Driver etiqette? What are some of the do's and dont's I should know about? I look forward to racing against you guys but don't want to piss anyone off to early.... ?

ShortBus
2010.01.29, 03:38 PM
My only piece of advice is to stay clear of Al - he's a hack !!

Just kidding - Welcome to Action RC and just remember to have fun and enjoy yourself.

Jeff

CDR racing
2010.01.29, 04:16 PM
So been emailing Al all week , even met a few guys at the track! I had a question Al says would be great for the forum? Driver etiqette? What are some of the do's and dont's I should know about? I look forward to racing against you guys but don't want to piss anyone off to early.... ?

I'm sure anyone and everyone on here can go on for hours about what they think is the "proper etiquette." There aren't really any official rules for etiquette at Action RC, its pretty much common sense. Action RC has a good group of guys and everyone understands you're new, so no one will give you a hard time if you mess up. Everyone puts the fun before the racing, and as long as you're doing that and no one takes it too seriously, you should be fine. But I second Jeff's comment, the only true unwritten rule of action rc is beware of Al, he's known to take people out from time to time. LOL :D See you tomorrow!

TomSr
2010.01.29, 04:20 PM

Welcome to Action RC racing! As Jeff said - just have fun. It's a great group of guys. Looking forward to meeting you.

ActionRC
2010.01.29, 05:33 PM
Rubbin's racin'.

(Crop and Jeff get in my way. That's a diffrerent story! ;) )

J-Milz
2010.01.29, 06:28 PM
Here's one: Support your local track. I remember getting yelled at by Al on this subject when I first started w/ my Ebay cars. I'd hate to have my local track shut down!

Cant wait to run the enduro. Got my batteries charged and the Advil in my bag (40 minutes of concentrating on a lil car) ready to go. How about after the next series we run an enduro and monster event?:D

Slapstick10
2010.01.29, 06:52 PM
I don't know Al looks like these guys got your number buddy!! Lmao

CDR racing
2010.01.29, 07:00 PM
Here's one: Support your local track. I remember getting yelled at by Al on this subject when I first started w/ my Ebay cars. I'd hate to have my local track shut down!

Cant wait to run the enduro. Got my batteries charged and the Advil in my bag (40 minutes of concentrating on a lil car) ready to go. How about after the next series we run an enduro and monster event?:D

Hmm...not a bad idea. Kind of history repeating itself. The way it was years ago was after every points series we'd have a specialty night(enduro, pedestrian 500, etc.) It would be kind of nice to get that going again. Let everyone take a break from the regular routine and break out some of those cars we don't get to use all that often.

P.S- Slapstick- Action RC has a f******k page. Don't know if you're on f******k or not, but if you are, feel free to add it and help it spread!

Fifty7
2010.01.29, 09:39 PM
Hmm...not a bad idea. Kind of history repeating itself. The way it was years ago was after every points series we'd have a specialty night(enduro, pedestrian 500, etc.) It would be kind of nice to get that going again. Let everyone take a break from the regular routine and break out some of those cars we don't get to use all that often.

P.S- Slapstick- Action RC has a f******k page. Don't know if you're on f******k or not, but if you are, feel free to add it and help it spread!

My 2 cents is don't hack Jamil. You'll get to know him. All his cars are painted the same way. Don't hack him cause he has a gun. :D

CDR racing
2010.01.29, 09:50 PM
My 2 cents is don't hack Jamil. You'll get to know him. All his cars are painted the same way. Don't hack him cause he has a gun. :D

Oh great just scare the guy away. Wait till he hears about the gun range across the street. ;) Woops, did i just write that?:p

J-Milz
2010.01.30, 01:34 AM
Oh, you guy are such kidders!! I never shot anyone for that! YET.....:eek:

Hey, you guys see the trouble I'm causing on other threads? They are thinking about an offroad RCP track and a new type of car to run on them:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=374011&posted=1#post374011

Fifty7
2010.01.30, 11:31 AM
Oh great just scare the guy away. Wait till he hears about the gun range across the street. ;) Woops, did i just write that?:p

Yeah but it's ok. If anyone REALLY gets out of hand there's always the prison up the block. :p

Fifty7
2010.01.30, 11:32 AM
All kidding aside. We will needs lots if energy for today's races. Will that be supplied by Macho Nacho today???

jackg
2010.01.30, 12:56 PM
All kidding aside. We will needs lots if energy for today's races. Will that be supplied by Macho Nacho today???
I am supposed to sit tonight out-doctors orders. i am going to really miss the enduro. the last one i ran was at Hot Wheels in nj and it was alot of fun. there is plenty of time to really get to know your car-and make up time for any "mishaps":eek:. right now it's about 1pm and im not sure I can follow orders-especially if I feel better later. I will not be able to bring the truck if I do make it. sorry to all the loyal taco/race addicts:( -j

ActionRC
2010.01.30, 03:16 PM
We are still having trouble with the electric, so as of now racing will be cancelled. The service is on, the main switches and breakers are on, but for some reason the power to the first floor is still not working. I am trying to contact the landlord as well as the business below me that houses the electrical system to the building, and I am having trouble reaching both. ConEd has verified that the service is on, they left the main breakers off, and all should be okay. I turned the main switches on as they and the landlord instructed, and they are not working.

I apologize for this incredible inconvenience. I will keep updating this forum if anything changes. If I do get power on, the phones at the track will be working again, so you can call as well. I will send an email to everyone as well right now.

Again, I apologize.

J-Milz
2010.01.30, 04:08 PM
Nooooooo!!!!:mad:

ActionRC
2010.01.30, 05:37 PM
Well, it's 5:30 and I'm back home. We tried getting into the downstairs business, making phone calls, etc., but we just couldn't do anything to get the electric up and running. :mad: Everyone, including myself, was very excited about the race, and lots of people showed up for it, but we didn't have any luck. I will have this resolved by Tuesday, and we will run the enduro next Saturday instead.

I apologize to everyone who came down, especially Mike S who made it over the bridge before I was able to reach him, but hopefully this didn't inconvenience anyone too badly. Again, I really apologize, but this was out of my hands and in the hands on the landlord and ConEd. I did everything I could to try to rectify this for Thursday and tonight. :(

Jamil - I never yelled at you - I just gave my my infamous guilt trip speech! :)

Scott - Sorry you missed your first night of racing, but at least you were able to pick up your car and some stuff while you were there. See you Tuesday, hopefully! Thanks for trying to help tonight.

Jack - Feel better. I was definitely in the mood for MN tonight.

Crop and Sr - Thanks as always for all of your help tonight.

Marty - Thanks for trying as well.

I'm signing off for the night. Enjoy the night off. :(

Al

Scrapper
2010.01.30, 05:40 PM
i think i might be able to make it next weekend if i can get a ride from shafiq home

CDR racing
2010.01.30, 06:33 PM
i think i might be able to make it next weekend if i can get a ride from shafiq home

Stu everyones at the track now we're having a blast why don't you come down tonight?:D

rajiex
2010.01.31, 11:59 AM
I just started mini z after running 1/8th and 1/10th scale. I bought a MR-02 and want to know for my next car is the MR-03 and MA-01 a better car stock.

CDR racing
2010.01.31, 01:00 PM
I would say the MR-03 is by far the best car stock. Are you planning on coming to Action RC soon?

ActionRC
2010.01.31, 01:27 PM
Hey, Raj - Good to see you on the forum. If you go with an 03 or AWD 010, you can set it up for narrow class and run 2 cars on Saturdays. You'll have fun with either one, so get the one that interests you most for now.

Hope everyone enjoyed their night off!

Slapstick10
2010.01.31, 02:55 PM
I think Al's landlord and keyspan areout to spoil my RC experience!

rajiex
2010.01.31, 03:11 PM
I stopped by last week and picked up a car. I prefer better steering response over speed. is the mr-03 that much better than the mr-02 that I should get rid of the first one.

CDR racing
2010.01.31, 03:33 PM
I stopped by last week and picked up a car. I prefer better steering response over speed. is the mr-03 that much better than the mr-02 that I should get rid of the first one.

I definitely wouldn't get rid of the 02. It can still be very competitive, and you can use it in most of the third classes we run. I still have my MR-02 and don't plan on getting rid of it. The MR-03 is just a little better and a little easier to get a good set up in.

EMU
2010.01.31, 06:10 PM
MR03 is the best out of the box car... Steering response is very quick on the MR03, but it isnt slow on the MR02. I feel that the MR02 has more stability than the MR03, and feel more confidant with the MR02. I can push it just a little harder than the MR03, knowing exactly where it will go. Both are good, and I wouldnt say one is necessarily better than the other. They just have slightly different strengths...

rajiex
2010.01.31, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. The only question I what difference is between the AM and the 2.4. Should I spend the money to upgrade my MR-02. When I was at action I saw everyone running 2.4.

CDR racing
2010.01.31, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys for the feedback. The only question I what difference is between the AM and the 2.4. Should I spend the money to upgrade my MR-02. When I was at action I saw everyone running 2.4.

AM uses frequency crystals, so it is more work to make sure no one is on your channel, change crystals, etc. Because of this, AM cars are more glitchy. 2.4 automatically selects the channel, so you don't have to worry about any interference when turning on your car. These cars have virtually no glitching, and the steering is a little more responsive. They're also faster because they have double-stacked FETs, as opposed to only one stack on AM cars. Whether you want to upgrade or not is up to you. Eventually you will probably have to, since AM cars are sort of obsolete, but it isn't essential yet. If you get the 03, that is 2.4, in which case you might as well upgrade the 02 and only have to use one radio.

CDR racing
2010.01.31, 07:48 PM
Just finished the new Pan Car:

http://i48.tinypic.com/lzcwm.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dtt1zr.jpg

Fifty7
2010.01.31, 09:04 PM
Just finished the new Pan Car:

http://i48.tinypic.com/lzcwm.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dtt1zr.jpg

you just wanted to give yourself no chance of winning that series, huh???? Just like your #88 NASCAR

CDR racing
2010.01.31, 09:44 PM
you just wanted to give yourself no chance of winning that series, huh???? Just like your #88 NASCAR

the way I see it, Unless peyton manning races, I should win, so i should be good;)

jackg
2010.02.01, 09:26 AM
my miniz racer homepage seems to have suddenly changed. the "tracks"button or whatever it's called if gone from the top. i found the Action part by mostly luck just now. what's up? :confused: -j

ActionRC
2010.02.01, 11:07 AM
Not sure what you mean, Jack. I was able to get on normally. Maybe you're standing on your head? Try turning your monitor upside down.

Crop - What's with the tape job by the headlights? Did you do the tear effect on purpose? It's good to see your prepared to come in second already. When and if you do win a race, people will say there were all kinds of other circumstances that allowed you to win, and you otherwise wouldn't have.

I am going to make a Michael Phelps car so I can eat all I want, stay thin, win all the time, get caught using illegal substances, and still get commercial endorsements. Maybe I'll make a Tiger Woods car. Hmmm.... :D

Fifty7
2010.02.01, 11:59 AM
Not sure what you mean, Jack. I was able to get on normally. Maybe you're standing on your head? Try turning your monitor upside down.

Crop - What's with the tape job by the headlights? Did you do the tear effect on purpose? It's good to see your prepared to come in second already. When and if you do win a race, people will say there were all kinds of other circumstances that allowed you to win, and you otherwise wouldn't have.

I am going to make a Michael Phelps car so I can eat all I want, stay thin, win all the time, get caught using illegal substances, and still get commercial endorsements. Maybe I'll make a Tiger Woods car. Hmmm.... :D

Hey Al. How'd you make out with the electric, anything new? Also, it's about time for an update on the Eurus.:D Some people have it in their possession already.

SaiTam
2010.02.01, 12:39 PM
Can any front-runners tell me what tire combo they are using for the Narrow Class for both MR03 and AWD chassis? Do you true the tires down?

I'll use the Cop car to chase you down. BTW, you don't want the Tiger Woods car. He crashed the car and lost his wife and sponsorships; and the wife is now vaccumming his savings.

jackg
2010.02.01, 02:02 PM
across the top of the page it says Home Forums Gallery ect. the one that said Tracks is gone. I know when I'm buggin' out but now is not one of those times...:D By the way Macho Nacho will be featuring Mozzarella sticks, onion rings and french fries this Thurs. Al- i have a 5500watt gen. let me know if you want me to bring it. -j

Fifty7
2010.02.01, 02:03 PM
Can any front-runners tell me what tire combo they are using for the Narrow Class for both MR03 and AWD chassis? Do you true the tires down?

I'll use the Cop car to chase you down. BTW, you don't want the Tiger Woods car. He crashed the car and lost his wife and sponsorships; and the wife is now vaccumming his savings.

Shhhhhh it's a secret:eek:. Just kidding, i dont know the answer cause I'm not a front runner :D:D

minittrackmann
2010.02.01, 02:13 PM
sai mr03 in narrow iam running k20 radials rear and pn 8 slicks up front

ShortBus
2010.02.01, 03:25 PM
Marty - what's a "euros" ??

Fifty7
2010.02.01, 04:06 PM
Marty - what's a "euros" ??

You trouble maker!!! Where did I write that??

ActionRC
2010.02.01, 05:55 PM
Marty - The electric should be fine for tomorrow night. I put a call in to my rep to find out the latest status on the Eurus. I'll get back to you ASAP.

Sai - Not sure if I qualify to answer your question, but if I do, 8 front PN, rear 20 Kyosho radial or 6 PN rear.

Jack - Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > New York Mini-Z Racing > Action RC, Staten Island How are you having trouble finding a forum that you're currently posting on? Maybe it's like you're looking for a pair of sunglasses that are already on your head? :cool:

See everyone tomorrow! I'll post early in the morning and confirm that the electric is okay. I just have to go look for more main breaker switches, apparently. :mad:

ActionRC
2010.02.01, 06:01 PM
:):):) THE ELECTRIC IS BACK UP! :):):)

Apparently, there is a second set of breakers that were 30' away from the ones I saw, and they are on and everything is up and running!

See everyone tomorrow for sure!!! :D

ShortBus
2010.02.01, 06:36 PM
wooohoooo !!!!!

CDR racing
2010.02.01, 06:41 PM

Yeah I did the tear effect on purpose. I had a slightly different scheme planned out, but then I realized I didn't have any metallic blue paint, so I just did the tear quick and changed to plan B, the jets car. It didn't exactly come out how I wanted it, since it isnt centered with that little bump in the body, but oh well. The regular straight lines looked too boring, so I wanted to change it up a bit. And btw, every time I win, YOU DO say there are all kinda of other circumstances that allowed me to win, (i.e MR-03, you having dead batteries, etc.), so what have i got to lose?

Sai- Not sure how Cody qualifies as a front runner? He's barely even a runner, he hardly runs 015, and when he does he rarely finishes the whole race.:D Haha, I think we should ask Lil' Mikey:p

CDR racing
2010.02.01, 06:44 PM

Apparently, there is a second set of breakers that were 30' away from the ones I saw, and they are on and everything is up and running!

Woohoo!!! You know we always could have volunteered someone to stand out with a kite and a key on the end and get our electricity like ben franklin. (I vote Johnny D)

EMU
2010.02.01, 07:21 PM
Sai, I use ATM 8d rear, ATM 40 Slick-R front on both my Narrow MR03 and Narrow AWD... I prefer the Standard Competition 40, but I was out...

I have been using the f355 on the MR03, and it feels good.

minittrackmann
2010.02.01, 08:03 PM
Yeah I did the tear effect on purpose. I had a slightly different scheme planned out, but then I realized I didn't have any metallic blue paint, so I just did the tear quick and changed to plan B, the jets car. It didn't exactly come out how I wanted it, since it isnt centered with that little bump in the body, but oh well. The regular straight lines looked too boring, so I wanted to change it up a bit. And btw, every time I win, YOU DO say there are all kinda of other circumstances that allowed me to win, (i.e MR-03, you having dead batteries, etc.), so what have i got to lose?

Sai- Not sure how Cody qualifies as a front runner? He's barely even a runner, he hardly runs 015, and when he does he rarely finishes the whole race.:D Haha, I think we should ask Lil' Mikey:p

But when I do finish a race my narrow shreds ;)

Fifty7
2010.02.01, 08:31 PM
Woohoo!!! You know we always could have volunteered someone to stand out with a kite and a key on the end and get our electricity like ben franklin. (I vote Johnny D)

Seconded. Is that even a word.

CDR racing
2010.02.01, 08:33 PM
Seconded. Is that even a word.

Seconded? Huh?

EMU
2010.02.01, 08:44 PM
But when I do finish a race my narrow shreds ;)

The real question is, when do you finish a race?

minittrackmann
2010.02.01, 08:50 PM
okay you got me Eugene

J-Milz
2010.02.01, 09:33 PM

YESSSS!!!! I'd hate to drive back to Queens this weekend. :D

KA2AEV
2010.02.01, 11:19 PM
YESSSS!!!! I'd hate to drive back to Queens this weekend. :D

Lets Hope it stays that way:eek:

SaiTam
2010.02.01, 11:34 PM
Sai, I use ATM 8d rear, ATM 40 Slick-R front on both my Narrow MR03 and Narrow AWD... I prefer the Standard Competition 40, but I was out...

I have been using the f355 on the MR03, and it feels good.

Do you have to true the front tires?

Narrow AWD vs. MR03; which one is more advantages at Action?

I know where to get those ATM 40 Competition; guess where...

EMU
2010.02.02, 01:52 AM
Do you have to true the front tires?

Narrow AWD vs. MR03; which one is more advantages at Action?

I know where to get those ATM 40 Competition; guess where...
I havent been trueing my tires. I am using prototype Mantis Werks 19mm wheels up front, so they ride lower and dont need to be trued for the f355... My front end is stock, and it drives well. Im going to try a few things when the new ATM parts are available. I definitely want that diff and pod :P

MR03 has the advantage, 70t motor is a little too slow for AWD to really compete with the frontrunners on a well setup MR03. I am about .5s faster on my MR03 than AWD. The 70t almost never loses grip on the 2wd, so you dont gain any advantage putting power down like you would in the stock class. For stock/wide, AWD with ATM Stock yellow label is my favorite car to drive on the track. More power than you can really put down with a 2wd, so you can get great corner exits for passing. I have been working on an MR015 Sauber C9 last week. Its a little too edgy, may have to try it 96mm AWD... Might be decent, I want to be able to get the power down on corner exit, which I cant with the Atomic Standard with a 40 std front and ATM 8d rears. I think there is much more front weight balance, and the car drives into the corner very well, you just have to ease onto throttle through the corner and cant fully apply throttle unless your straight. It feels like it has too much power, which is still less than a Speedy 07...

GTR driver
2010.02.02, 04:16 AM
[QUOTE=CDR racing;374218]Woohoo!!! You know we always could have volunteered someone to stand out with a kite and a key on the end and get our electricity like ben franklin. (I vote Johnny D)[/QU

Johnny D? No such luck! He'll end up making me fix his kite like his cars! :rolleyes:

rajiex
2010.02.02, 08:50 AM
Is it open today

jackg
2010.02.02, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;374209

Jack - Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > New York Mini-Z Racing > Action RC, Staten Island How are you having trouble finding a forum that you're currently posting on? Maybe it's like you're looking for a pair of sunglasses that are already on your head? :cool:

i am getting here the Forums> Tracks> New York Mini-z ect way my homepage used to have a "Tracks" tab thats gone now. i would get to the Action forum in 2 clicks. it doesnt make that much of a diff. but i am not that great on the computer so it doesnt take alot to throw me off. :o -j

Fifty7
2010.02.02, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;374209

i am getting here the Forums> Tracks> New York Mini-z ect way my homepage used to have a "Tracks" tab thats gone now. i would get to the Action forum in 2 clicks. it doesnt make that much of a diff. but i am not that great on the computer so it doesnt take alot to throw me off. :o -j

Jack, bookmark this page and you wont have to look for it. The only thing you'd have to do is hit last to get to the most current page

Slapstick10
2010.02.02, 09:44 AM

Al

You wouldn't mess with the new guy would you ? We have electric?

Fifty7
2010.02.02, 09:51 AM
Al

You wouldn't mess with the new guy would you ? We have electric?

Electric is up but new guy has to run with a blindfold on.:cool:

Slapstick10
2010.02.02, 10:38 AM
Electric is up but new guy has to run with a blindfold on.:cool:

I hope you told all the veterans about the spikes and razor wire I hooked up to my car !!!!!!

ActionRC
2010.02.02, 10:53 AM
Some funny posts - thanks for having a sense of humor over the last few days! :)

The electric is definitely back up. I went this morning and turned on the master switch this morning that powers the first set of breakers, and the lights are on, the phone is back up, the heat is ready to go at 5:30, and all is well! I am so relieved!!!

This is the most excited I have ever been for a Tuesday open practice night!

ActionRC
2010.02.02, 10:57 AM
Sai,

Two more tips for making your Narrow car run well at Action RC:

1) After you use up your Wide Body Stock tires, put them on your Narrow Body Spec car. Perfect!

2) Actually run your car at Action RC! :rolleyes:

Haha!

ShortBus
2010.02.02, 11:21 AM
I've been sitting here looking at this new MR03 for days. I can't wait to get it on the track and tune it up tonight !!

SaiTam
2010.02.02, 12:19 PM
Sai,

Two more tips for making your Narrow car run well at Action RC:

1) After you use up your Wide Body Stock tires, put them on your Narrow Body Spec car. Perfect!

2) Actually run your car at Action RC! :rolleyes:

Haha!

Does it make sense if the rule mandates rear Narrow tires for the Narrow class?

I'll run at ActionRC more if the damn tolls could be lowered or if I live closer.

Fifty7
2010.02.02, 12:20 PM
Does it make sense if the rule mandates rear Narrow tires for the Narrow class?

I'll run at ActionRC more if the damn tolls could be lowered or if I live closer.

We cant do anything about the tolls but you could move.:D

ShortBus
2010.02.02, 12:48 PM
no, it's called "free-loading", just hop in someone else's car and mention that you will split the tolls. they almost always say "nah - don't worry about it" :)

ActionRC
2010.02.02, 01:18 PM
Jeff - That must be torture!

Marty - Nice of you to offer to have Sai move in with you.

Sai - If you're in NJ, you can freeload the toll off of Jeff (ShortBus)! You don't have to run narrow rears in the narrow class. Whatever fits. The only thing that has to be narrow is the front of the chassis and the body. If you do move in with Marty, you can freeload off of him, too. (Italian cooking every night, and his wife seems to let him do anything he wants - like go bowling and buy 3 wheelers and Mini-Z's! Cool place to live! I might move in, too!)

Some of our assemblyman here in SI are trying to eliminate the toll for Staten Island residents, and I hear he is actually making some headway. I sent a nice letter to the MTA and the mayor stating that all residents of NYC should be able to travel throughout the city (with the exception of going into Manhattan) toll-free. We'll see. I'll give you a good deal on my third EZPass and you can pack your car with freeloaders! :p

Fifty7
2010.02.02, 01:46 PM
Jeff - That must be torture!

Marty - Nice of you to offer to have Sai move in with you.

Sai - If you're in NJ, you can freeload the toll off of Jeff (ShortBus)! You don't have to run narrow rears in the narrow class. Whatever fits. The only thing that has to be narrow is the front of the chassis and the body. If you do move in with Marty, you can freeload off of him, too. (Italian cooking every night, and his wife seems to let him do anything he wants - like go bowling and buy 3 wheelers and Mini-Z's! Cool place to live! I might move in, too!)

Some of our assemblyman here in SI are trying to eliminate the toll for Staten Island residents, and I hear he is actually making some headway. I sent a nice letter to the MTA and the mayor stating that all residents of NYC should be able to travel throughout the city (with the exception of going into Manhattan) toll-free. We'll see. I'll give you a good deal on my third EZPass and you can pack your car with freeloaders! :p

I was thinking more long the lines of the nice new houses that just went up next to yours Al. I wouldn't say every night, tonight is tacos but they don't compare to the macho nacho taco:D and i DEFINITELY wouldnt say i can do anything i want but she is pretty good about most stuff. Just the other day she said "i wish you had a shiny new radio so you could buy another (narrow) car" :p

Jeff - I have to run to Jersey tomorrow night, can you pick me up, I'll split the toll (i'll pay going into Jersey, you pay coming back)

ShortBus
2010.02.02, 02:21 PM
sounds like a great deal marty - how can i pass it up? to make it even you can top off my tank on the ny side :)

ActionRC
2010.02.02, 03:48 PM
Wow - You guys have got me in the spirt of giving! From now on, Action RC will pay all OUTBOUND tolls (leaving Staten Island) for the Outerbridge, Goethals, and Verrazano! ;)

No word from KO yet, Marty. I'll try again.

Fifty7
2010.02.02, 04:38 PM
Wow - You guys have got me in the spirt of giving! From now on, Action RC will pay all OUTBOUND tolls (leaving Staten Island) for the Outerbridge, Goethals, and Verrazano! ;)

What about Bayonne?? I killed your electric last week with the hopes of buying myself another week for the radio to get here. Guess not. :(

KA2AEV
2010.02.02, 05:38 PM

That'll never happen
We'll never be able to keep him awake long enough
and he'll wind up frying himself inside his car!:eek:

J-Milz
2010.02.02, 05:46 PM
Is racing free tonight for those that raced on Sat? :p

ShortBus
2010.02.02, 06:08 PM
frying himself - he's already burnt :cool:

minittrackmann
2010.02.02, 06:29 PM
I am selling a 2.4 015 if anyone is interested.

I am also selling a 2.4 02, both cars are my regular runners if anyone is interested.You guys get first dibbs

SaiTam
2010.02.02, 06:44 PM

OUTBOUND tolls for those are $ 0 to begin with.

Racing is always free at ActionRC after you pay I guess.

Narrow rear tires is a suggestion to give it a true meaning. I can run both.

I don't want to pay a toll going to Manhattan; NYC needs to pay me for my shock absorber wear. They can keep the tolls to the Bronx and Staten Island........maybe not Staten Island.

KA2AEV
2010.02.02, 06:59 PM
Is racing free tonight for those that raced on Sat? :p

There was racing on Saturday???:confused:

J-Milz
2010.02.02, 10:08 PM
There was racing on Saturday???:confused:

Yeah man, you missed a great night of racing, I beat Rob and Eugene in the A by 3 laps. It was an epic battle but the better driver won!:D. I'm also selling monthly passes for the ferry REAL cheap.

builthatch
2010.02.03, 12:34 AM
:p stopping in to say hi

Slapstick10
2010.02.03, 10:56 AM
Al,

I had an awesome time at the track last night! Met a lot of good guys , not to mention new guys. Thanks for all your help with setting up the car . See you Thursday! Let me know about the picture I sent you?

ActionRC
2010.02.03, 03:56 PM
Great night last night, everyone. It was great to get all of the recent orders up on the hooks, and great to see the new guys running lots of laps. Now if I could only get a second to take the Christmas tree down...

Marty - I wasn't sure which direction the toll on the Bayonne Bridge was, so that one doesn't count!

Sai - Sarcasm.

Jamil - Keep dreaming.

KA2AEV - Who are you???

minittrackmann
2010.02.03, 06:10 PM
No ones interested in anything I have. Come on people haha

CDR racing
2010.02.03, 10:09 PM
No ones interested in anything I have. Come on people haha
Who wants a car that only makes it halfway through a race?

KA2AEV
2010.02.03, 10:36 PM
Yeah man, you missed a great night of racing, I beat Rob and Eugene in the A by 3 laps. It was an epic battle but the better driver won!:D. I'm also selling monthly passes for the ferry REAL cheap.

WOW
Great Job :D

How much for the ferry passes? :rolleyes:

Fifty7
2010.02.04, 11:18 AM
Having serious race withdrawal now. Have not raced since 1/14 and don't know if i'm making it tonight. Great preparation for an Enduro huh?

Al - I know it depends how everything goes but best case what time would you say i have until to at least make the last qualifier? Also, what narrow body 03 kits are available right now (the ones that come with the body)

Nat - How's the new car? What radio are you using?

minittrackmann
2010.02.04, 12:21 PM
Crop your not helping me

jackg
2010.02.04, 01:49 PM
Macho Nacho in the house tonight. Can't wait to race. In addition to the mexican menu we will have Mozzarella sticks, french fries(hot and crispy from the kitcken-no delivery car ride to get soggy and cold:)) and onion rings. Best race food on the east coast. -j

Fifty7
2010.02.04, 02:25 PM
Macho Nacho in the house tonight. Can't wait to race. In addition to the mexican menu we will have Mozzarella sticks, french fries(hot and crispy from the kitcken-no delivery car ride to get soggy and cold:)) and onion rings. Best race food on the east coast. -j

Are you going to be around Saturday too??

CDR racing
2010.02.04, 03:28 PM

Wow jack, when are we gunna get some specials on saturdays? I keep missing the good stuff:)

ActionRC
2010.02.04, 03:37 PM
Cody - If you want to leave them with me I could work something out with you. Do they get your high quality paint job bodies included, or are you using them on your 03?

Crop - Cody's cars make it through the race perfectly fine - he doesn't!

Mike - I also have Action RC Pool Passes for sale. The pool is in the lower level where the circuit breakers are.

Marty - We start at 8, as you know, and if there are two groups the second round would start around 8:45. Three groups would get the second round going around 9pm. Hope you can make it!

Jack - Save two hard shells for me!

See everyone tonight!

jackg
2010.02.04, 03:39 PM
i will try to have these new things on all the time. i am digging the mozzarella sticks with sauce.:D -j

jackg
2010.02.04, 03:45 PM
Al- im picking up a fresh box of shells and a juicy lime. -j

CDR racing
2010.02.04, 05:35 PM
Mike - I also have Action RC Pool Passes for sale. The pool is in the lower level where the circuit breakers are.

Really? I thought it was out in the pits in front of the windows?
Al did you get my email?

KA2AEV
2010.02.04, 08:50 PM
!

Is the Pool Heated???:cool:

KA2AEV
2010.02.04, 09:06 PM
Al
With the impending Blizzard
Will the Enduro go off as planned or will you announce here if you cancel?

CDR racing
2010.02.04, 09:07 PM
Is the Pool Heated???:cool:

It wasn't last saturday. It was more like an ice skating rink last week, we could have had ARCMS hold the winter classic this year! So much better than Fenway.:D

KA2AEV
2010.02.04, 09:58 PM
It wasn't last saturday. It was more like an ice skating rink last week, we could have had ARCMS hold the winter classic this year! So much better than Fenway.:D

Fenway may have been warmer!:rolleyes:

jackg
2010.02.04, 11:47 PM
awesome racing tonight. Dominick I am so sorry for the shove at the end of the straight-my throttle and steering were glitching. hopefully the snow will stay mostly south and we will all be racing sat night. :p -j

Fifty7
2010.02.05, 09:10 AM
Great night of racing even though i got there after 9. I was glad to make the last qualifier (thanks for slowing the pace down) and good to see all the new faces and to have Harry Potter back. Hope to see everyone Saturday for the Enduro.

ActionRC
2010.02.05, 12:13 PM
LAST NIGHT WAS REALLY GREAT, GUYS! We had a nice, big $85 pot, and there were so many great highlights.

- Great run by Rob, as always, and great run by Nat keeping up with him pretty well in the A-Main.

- It was great to have Tom back again! His back was in really bad shape over the last few months, and he is still in pain, but he was able to run all of the races last night. We just have to all chip in and help him with marshalling.

- It was great to fit in three rounds of qualifying with three groups! Thank you to everyone (except for Johnny D!) for being on time for all of their races and marshalling quickly. This also allowed late-comers like Jamil and Marty to get more qualifying runs in, which was great.

- Poor Dominick was running on the lead lap in the B Main (He was running really well last night) when he got all Toyota Camry'd by Jack at the end of the straight. Jack definitely owes Dominick a taco!

- We had a very large group of new-comers last night, so our beginner races will nice and full. The talent was definitely well spread out, so everyone had competition.

- This is a VERY technical layout, so lap times were slow, and lots of people qualified with similar laps. Rob dipped into the 11's occassionally, most A-Mainers ran 12's and 13's. It's a fun layout.

As far as the snow this weekend, it looks like we'll be getting 3"-6" before the track opens. I don't think that's enough to keep us from racing, especially after losing last week, but I have an update ready to go for the website in case it is worse than they are saying it might be. Of course, I will also post here.

See everyone Saturday - hopefully!

jackg
2010.02.05, 01:39 PM
classic 70 turn layout. very technical but a rythym to it. take a photo of this one.:cool: -j

Slapstick10
2010.02.05, 03:40 PM
So for my first time at the races , I pretty much sucked ( lol ). I didn't finish the first race because my diff locked up, but the Mad Scientist (Al) got me going. The second race .... Well around lap 12 the body on my car decided it wanted to get wedged between the tire and diff! ( you couldn't make this stuff up! ). Thank god for the invention of tape. But the third race I finished!!! Through all this I had a great time and am looking forward to Saturday !

So Friday is slow at work , ah what the hell break out the car and start working on it. So today we did:

ceramic bearings
rear dampner
oil shock

with a little luck and less speed maybe I won't roll!

KA2AEV
2010.02.05, 04:40 PM
Will The famous Macho Nacho be there on Saturday?:D

ActionRC
2010.02.05, 05:07 PM
Yo quiero Macho Nacho en Sabado!

Scott - Your car will be very good the way you have it set up now. The Kyosho RM damper is really good, and combined with the oil shock on an MR03 it is a great setup for RM. It will be much more stable now, although trying to turn at the end of the straightaway at almost full speed will sometimes roll any car regardless of setup! ;)

I'll take some pics Saturday of the track for future use. For those who like a twisty, tight track, this is the one, but like it was said before, it's smooth and could be driven cleanly. Enjoy!

See everyone tomorrow! Brave the snow - be real racers! It's not supposed to be that bad up here! :cool:

Enjoy your evening...

CDR racing
2010.02.05, 05:11 PM
Great night of racing even though i got there after 9. I was glad to make the last qualifier (thanks for slowing the pace down) and good to see all the new faces and to have Harry Potter back. Hope to see everyone Saturday for the Enduro.

Potter Returned?!?!?!?!? Wow I miss all the good stuff on thursdays.

CDR racing
2010.02.05, 05:14 PM
Yo quiero Macho Nacho en Sabado!

Scott - Your car will be very good the way you have it set up now. The Kyosho RM damper is really good, and combined with the oil shock on an MR03 it is a great setup for RM. It will be much more stable now, although trying to turn at the end of the straightaway at almost full speed will sometimes roll any car regardless of setup! ;)

I'll take some pics Saturday of the track for future use. For those who like a twisty, tight track, this is the one, but like it was said before, it's smooth and could be driven cleanly. Enjoy!

See everyone tomorrow! Brave the snow - be real racers! It's not supposed to be that bad up here! :cool:

Enjoy your evening...

Al I sent you two emails and got no response?

Scrapper
2010.02.05, 05:43 PM
i wish i would be able to make it out there tomorrow

Fifty7
2010.02.05, 09:18 PM
Will The famous Macho Nacho be there on Saturday?:D

I asked him Thursday night and he said he will be playing it by ear and depends on the weather

KA2AEV
2010.02.05, 09:23 PM
Al I sent you two emails and got no response?

Maybe he's trying to tell you something?:eek:

ActionRC
2010.02.06, 12:32 AM
Sorry, Crop. Got the emails, but it didn't look like they needed response. I thought they were more informational than questions. I'll check 'em again - maybe I missed somthing.

Started to snow around 11, so maybe it'll be done nice and early. Fingers are crossed!

jackg
2010.02.06, 11:02 AM
here in scotch plains nj we got about 3 inches if snow. not too bad. looks like we're racing:cool: -j

Fifty7
2010.02.06, 11:05 AM
here in scotch plains nj we got about 3 inches if snow. not too bad. looks like we're racing:cool: -j

Doesn't look too bad here either but I haven't gone out yet. Gonna go shovel now and go for a drive.

minittrackmann
2010.02.06, 11:16 AM
Well we have about a little more than a foot here. Dont think ill be making it..

ShortBus
2010.02.06, 12:12 PM
Strange storm - a few miles north or south and it was a different world. We have roughly 5" here and I'm only a few miles south from Jack. I'm being told that up by Newark there isn't much at all.... Anyway, Greg's hockey games in Newark are "on as scheduled" and my father-in-law is being discharged from the hospital this afternoon down by Cody. Should be a fun day commute wise :D

ActionRC
2010.02.06, 01:21 PM
DEFINITELY RACING TODAY EVERYONE! The snow is not that bad here - maybe 3"-4". I'll have the front shoveled by 3:00. The enduro will start at 6pm. Call in your registration by 5:30pm, please.

Wish you could have made it, Jeff, Stu and Cody!

See everyone else later!

EMU
2010.02.06, 02:25 PM
Hold on, theres snow? Everything is clean here...

jackg
2010.02.06, 02:31 PM
I am going to be at the track about 5:30.the best meatball sandwich in new york and race-proven mozzarella sticks will be available as well as french fries, onion rings and tacos/burritos. -j

Fifty7
2010.02.06, 02:49 PM
I am going to be at the track about 5:30.the best meatball sandwich in new york and race-proven mozzarella sticks will be available as well as french fries, onion rings and tacos/burritos. -j

Oh boy. Decisions decisions. :D

Slapstick10
2010.02.06, 02:49 PM

I'm gonna hold ya to the meatball sandwich!

jackg
2010.02.07, 01:03 AM
awesome enduro. i wish i hadn't broke in the last round-Danny and
i had a shot at a good finish. there's always next week:rolleyes: so- was that a good meatball sandwich or what? -j

CDR racing
2010.02.07, 03:07 AM
Sorry, Crop. Got the emails, but it didn't look like they needed response. I thought they were more informational than questions. I'll check 'em again - maybe I missed somthing.

Started to snow around 11, so maybe it'll be done nice and early. Fingers are crossed!

Not a problem, there wasn't really a question or anything just usually you write something back and I sent two without getting anything and I just was making sure you were getting them and i didn't use the wrong email address or something.

Great racing tonight! The enduro was fun, and a nice change of pace( a very very long pace btw). I definitely had fun, and I think the way the teams and everything worked out was pretty good. It was tiring, and my eyes were definitely burning by the last run, but it was lots of fun. Only 9 more weeks 'til the next one!

Scott- Sorry you had all the trouble with the car tonight. Hope you don't get too discouraged. It sucks that you got hit with a bunch of bugs at once, but hopefully you'll get them all out of the way now. Unfortunately tonight was a bit different with everybody running for long periods of time and different times and it was a bit more confused than a normal Saturday or practice night, so it was hard to help you get back running again. But everyone is more than happy to help you out and get you running again. It sucks that I had to race or I would have gladly got the chassis working for you. Anyway, hope you don't get too frustrated with it and you can get back up and runnign for next Saturday. Ask Al or anyone who was around, I had a period a few years ago where I was blowing up boards left and right. It happens, and you get weird stretches like that where everything that can break does, but try not to get too frustrated. See you soon.

KA2AEV
2010.02.07, 10:33 AM
Great Racing last night!

Had a Ball

Really fun track to drive, Al Keep that configuration
someplace in your files

When will the Team Results be out?

Too bad my teammate Scott kept droping his nuts on the track:D
and then he got screwed when his chassis broke:eek:
So then in the long run I guess I got the screw?:rolleyes:

Okay, I'm done:D

Scrapper
2010.02.07, 10:48 AM
who would stus teammate have been

SaiTam
2010.02.07, 11:06 AM
I'd guess Al

jackg
2010.02.07, 11:09 AM
crop makes a very good point about racing (any size car). pre-race prep will make alot of problems go away- but still there will be nights you feel like you can't do anything wrong-and a few when you feel like you can't do anything right. it takes a few race nights to get the car worked out (MASSIVE understatement). thankfully we have some very good car builders/tuners in the group. -j

danny250r
2010.02.07, 11:17 AM
great racing last night :D maybe next time jack

Slapstick10
2010.02.07, 12:37 PM
Not a problem, there wasn't really a question or anything just usually you write something back and I sent two without getting anything and I just was making sure you were getting them and i didn't use the wrong email address or something.

Great racing tonight! The enduro was fun, and a nice change of pace( a very very long pace btw). I definitely had fun, and I think the way the teams and everything worked out was pretty good. It was tiring, and my eyes were definitely burning by the last run, but it was lots of fun. Only 9 more weeks 'til the next one!

Scott- Sorry you had all the trouble with the car tonight. Hope you don't get too discouraged. It sucks that you got hit with a bunch of bugs at once, but hopefully you'll get them all out of the way now. Unfortunately tonight was a bit different with everybody running for long periods of time and different times and it was a bit more confused than a normal Saturday or practice night, so it was hard to help you get back running again. But everyone is more than happy to help you out and get you running again. It sucks that I had to race or I would have gladly got the chassis working for you. Anyway, hope you don't get too frustrated with it and you can get back up and runnign for next Saturday. Ask Al or anyone who was around, I had a period a few years ago where I was blowing up boards left and right. It happens, and you get weird stretches like that where everything that can break does, but try not to get too frustrated. See you soon.

First of all I would like to thank everyone who tried to keep me going during the Enduro , tough time for a novice breakdown!

Honorable Mentions : Mike , Crop , Marty , Al and Mario

During this race I lost two wheels , changed an engine , replaced a chassis and then smoked a board! ( I had more problems then watergate)

I Have decided to rebuild this car from the ground up , I am not going to send it back. I will learn to do the work myself.

As far as the enduro.... what can I say.....It was awesome! I loved it
( Big Mike S sorry I had so many issues we were pretty decent as a team)

Thinking about it the only thing that went right was my batteries and my meatball sandwich!! which was good by the way

Al - Call me I need to speak with you about parts for Tuesday!
:eek:

Fifty7
2010.02.07, 12:55 PM
i have only one thing to say about yesterday. There is always bound to be things said innocently but taken out of context - Last nights best......Jack off....with a broken knuckle....in the truck:D:D:eek::eek:

KA2AEV
2010.02.07, 01:12 PM
i have only one thing to say about yesterday. There is always bound to be things said innocently but taken out of context - Last nights best......Jack off....with a broken knuckle....in the truck:D:D:eek::eek:

OUCH

Forgot about that!!!:D

TomSr
2010.02.07, 01:21 PM

Oh my God - I can't stop laughing. That is so funny. :D:eek:

jackg
2010.02.07, 01:32 PM
wow- my name is always a source of humor but that one is at the top of the list:D I think that "Phil trying hard to stay on Jonathan's lap" is a close second:eek: -j

jackg
2010.02.07, 01:36 PM
on a different note- I haven't had a knuckle get broken since i started racing at action. some nights luck runs dry...still an awesome race night. when else will you drive for almost an hour and a half? -j

EMU
2010.02.07, 01:37 PM
Great race. Its always tough learning a track during a race, but even more so when you are racing on it for 40 minutes, with people you normally dont race with. The Enduro was a great learning experience for me. I had a lot of fun, and the teams added a neat twist. I dont think that any single team had a distinct advantage. But it meant that you wanted to pass eachother clean... And do some blocking against the other teams.

I know crop is going to bring up my teammate diving on the track to marshall my car. It actually hurt us more than it helped. Instead of having one car not moving, we now had two :eek:

I bought a new MR03 last night, and ran it in the third heat... With a different set of rear tires, I think it would have been great. I had a new set of ATM 8d on, but they just didnt have the grip that the older ATM 8d had... Almost felt like a 6d, which is better suited for carpet. The 96mm McLaren drove much more aggressively into the corner than the f355 that I was running the first two heats. I think fast laps were similar, but the f355 had much more consistancy. I attribute that primarily to the tire. The tire when I would run a few fast laps back to back would heat, and lose grip. I had to protect the tire from overheating, which is completely different than I drive my f355, which I used a considerable amount of brake on fast laps.

Great event, looking forward to the next...

Scrapper
2010.02.07, 02:29 PM
who was your teammate
eugene who gave u a ride i would have gone had i known someone else was going from nyc oh well i got a few xmods really cheap to work on last night

ActionRC
2010.02.08, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone! Saturday was a lot of fun, and a nice change of pace. I meant to post up all of the results, but I forgot the tallies that I kept at the track. I'll put them up on Wednesday. I believe the overall winners were Rob and Lil' Mouthy.

Scott - Crop was right about everyhting he said. Thankfully, we spoke today, and as you found out, sending stuff back under warranty to Kyosho is easy and free! Scott is actually getting another car his week, so his bad luck bugs didn't get him too down. It's great to have you as part of the famiglia, Scott, and I am really glad you're enjoying yourself.

Jack - I forgot about that quote. That's a good one. I guess "Phil working hard and coming up on Johnathan's lap" will be one we'll save for future use. :rolleyes: My taco and burrito were awesome as always! I'm Italian - I could have great meatballs anytime.

Stu - Definitely missed you. It would have been great to have you. The enduro worked out that instead of running the normal 22 minutes, we each ran 85 minutes! That's a months worth of wear and tear on everyone's cars, yet my bald Kyosho 38-20's are still hanging in! They are almost as thin as Johnathan's record breaking front-tires in the case. You used to take the train - what happened? Did you get spoiled? I always told you I or someone else would come and get you at the station! PS - I think I would have made Sai your partner.

Danny - Your grey GTR is awesome!

Mike Sam - It's always a tough situation to be in when your partner needs blue nuts.

Eugene - The teams really did work out well somehow. I couldn't believe how many teams tied after two 40 munute runs! What are the odds!

Going home - good night!

J-Milz
2010.02.08, 07:59 PM
Wow, sounds like I missed a good one! It was my wife's B-day, and her plans to hang w/ her girlfriends fell through, so I guess I was the back up plan:D. Go figure.

EMU
2010.02.08, 09:14 PM
Al, that is why I always try to buy stuff local (doesnt happen enough, I know). Warranty replacement is great. When you order from Japan, you really dont get that option :rolleyes:

Jamil, You should have told her that you would not be used as a backup plan, and storm out of the house (with your Mini-Z stuff of course).

ActionRC
2010.02.09, 02:41 PM
Jamil - You need to get your priorities straight! Yes, you did miss a good one if you like to drive - A LOT! See you this week, hopefully.

Eugene - You get a lot of odd-ball stuff sometimes, and I certainly can't stock everything that's out there. Besides, you're my R&D department, so order whatever you want - it helps us all to know what's good, and what's useless crap!

So it looks like we're going to get a huge snowstorm that WON'T effect Saturday racing for a change! Finally! I would imagine that no matter how bad the snow is tonight, the roads will be fine by Thursday night, so gift card racing should go off as planned. Yeah!

See everyone tomorrow. Get those shovels ready!

CDR racing
2010.02.09, 02:53 PM
No school tomorrow!!! I wish I could say I love going to catholic school, but public school actually closed for once too. So I'll be there tonight, gotta work on the Pan Car.

J-Milz
2010.02.09, 03:56 PM
Al, that is why I always try to buy stuff local (doesnt happen enough, I know). Warranty replacement is great. When you order from Japan, you really dont get that option :rolleyes:

Jamil, You should have told her that you would not be used as a backup plan, and storm out of the house (with your Mini-Z stuff of course).

Yeah that will work! I hope you have a spare bedroom for me and my mini z stuff for when she throws my a&@ out on the street. :eek:

ActionRC
2010.02.10, 03:36 PM
3:30, AND THE SNOW IS GETTING WORSE. Still looks like everything will be good for tomorrow night. Hopefully I'll get to stay home tomorrow too so I can watch the NASCAR GatorAid Duels on Speed!

Great practice night last night! Great to see so many new people. Our newest driver, Joe, is from Brooklyn, and I met him on a rained-out line for a car ride in Dutch Wonderland, PA two years ago! He saw my Action RC shirt with Staten Island across the back! He's a former 1/8th scale racer, so he should be a good addition. He's got an 009 Asaton Martin MR02 ready for upgrades! Also welcome to Lou, who will be picking up a 350Z MR015 tomorrow night. Very cool!

See everyone tomorrow. Going to shovel for the fifth time today! :eek:

CDR racing
2010.02.10, 03:44 PM
Hey how bout that best lap last night too? 10.81 for me last night and consistently in the 11.2 to 11.4 range. Can't wait to try it out saturday. The Mr-03 with the gyro is definitely the car to beat if set up right!

CDR racing
2010.02.10, 07:27 PM
No school tomorrow!!! I wish I could say I love going to catholic school, but public school actually closed for once too. So I'll be there tonight, gotta work on the Pan Car.

I take that back! I love going to catholic school. St. Joseph by the Sea is closed tomorrow! Lil' Mikey, Jonathan, Al's kids, etc. enjoy your day in school tomorrow! Muahahahaha:D

KA2AEV
2010.02.10, 10:31 PM
I take that back! I love going to catholic school. St. Joseph by the Sea is closed tomorrow! Lil' Mikey, Jonathan, Al's kids, etc. enjoy your day in school tomorrow! Muahahahaha:D

Sorry Crop
Jonathon has a mental health day to deal with:p
I just got home from work since 11pm last night and no way
am I digging out the Ole Ladies car to have her drive him in
So he'll be home tomorrow too
May just go to the track tomorrow depending on how I sleep tonight!:D

Hey Al have you posted the results from the enduros yet?:confused:

CDR racing
2010.02.10, 10:36 PM
I agree! I am having a mental health day involving some snow, my E-Maxx which I haven't touched in years, and some Gatorade Duels at Daytona!

Fifty7
2010.02.11, 09:38 AM

I left my kids home today too. So ha ha to you. :p Actually it;s ha ha to my wife. I'm at work and she's home with them.

Fifty7
2010.02.11, 10:27 AM
Al - How we looking for tonight?

Atomic-USA
2010.02.11, 12:58 PM
Atomic will sponsor the ARCMS WinterNationals:

Scroll down to see the details after clicking on the link:
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=224&Itemid=1

pressure
2010.02.11, 01:12 PM
Hey Al can I run the PN A arm front end in the narrow class? I read the rules but there is no reference to it...Ill take the Atomic T2 motor out I promise:D:D

EMU
2010.02.11, 01:15 PM
The PN A-Arm front end is only produced in a wide configuration, so it cannot be used for the narrow class. You would have to use the MR015 narrow front end on the MR02 for the narrow class.

J-Milz
2010.02.11, 02:13 PM
Atomic will sponsor the ARCMS WinterNationals:

Scroll down to see the details after clicking on the link:
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=224&Itemid=1

NICE!!!! That means free stuff.:D Wooohhhoooooo!!!!

Slapstick10
2010.02.11, 02:25 PM
Well the redbull has made it's way to the hands of kyosho in California .... Thank god!

Will it be the Mazda or Mercedes ?
Which one arrives first?

CDR racing
2010.02.11, 02:54 PM
Marty you're not going to the Winternats? I thought you were.

Fifty7
2010.02.11, 02:59 PM
Marty you're not going to the Winternats? I thought you were.

No. Don't remind me. I thought i was going too but things have changed again.:mad:

minittrackmann
2010.02.11, 04:01 PM
Al you open tonight?

ActionRC
2010.02.11, 04:35 PM
Lots of good posts - thanks, everyone.

Cody - Yes, we will be open tonight with no problem. I will probably be there around 6:45, which is the earliest I can get there after work tonight. If anyone comes early and happens to have a shovel in your car, and you happen to be bored, feel free to help out. Hopefully, it won't be too bad, but I have to get the doors clear I'm sure.

Marty - It's back on!? It's doomed if it's this rocky BEFORE it even starts!

Crop - I took my kids to school today. I didn't realize Catholic schools were closed - that's pretty cool. My kids lost a full week each last week due to the Virus, so I didn't want to keep the home unnecessarily again. I have so much I wish I could squeeze in today. Work gets in the way of all the fun. Sledding, Duels, Survivor, and Action RC. Too much for one Thursday evening.

Atomic - Special thanks to Sai for hooking this one up. Official sponsors will be listed shortly, and of course, Atomic is one of them , which is awesome!

Pressure and Eugene - It's true - the PN front is wide, which fits our wide class.

See everyone tonight! Enduro results are coming by email shortly, and then I'll copy up here. If you are not on my email mailing list, email me so I can add you. Later!

KA2AEV
2010.02.11, 08:32 PM
Okay can someone answer this for me?

Im watching the Qualifiers now on SPEED and they just
interviewed Max Papis

Both Jonathon and myself agree that he looks and sounds
like Jean Girard (The French guy from Talledga Nights):eek:

Can anyone else confirm this resemblance?:D

KA2AEV
2010.02.11, 08:34 PM
Well the redbull has made it's way to the hands of kyosho in California .... Thank god!

Will it be the Mazda or Mercedes ?
Which one arrives first?

They won't give you back the Red Bull?:eek:
That was a sharp looking body!:cool:

ActionRC
2010.02.12, 10:50 AM
Hi everyone! As we know by now, Saturday night's Enduro was a huge success, and everyone had a lot of fun! In total, we each ran 85 minutes as opposed to the normal 22 minutes normally run on a regular Saturday night. Looking forward to doing it again in 9 weeks or so!

We ran team and individual events and here's how they all worked out:

Individual Results/Laps
Division 1
391 Rob
382 Eugene
370 Crop
360 Al
347 Marty
341 Shafiq
341 Nat
339 Danny
336 Lil' Mikey
325 Mike S
320 Joe I
318 Mario
268 Adam (2/3 runs)
192 Jack (2/3 runs)

Division 2
268 Dave
248 Mike L
168 Mike Sam
151 The Virus
151 Robert
137 Scott
122 Lil' Jonathan (I may have lost one round or results.)
42 Itch (I may have lost one round of results.)

Team Results
Division 1
727 Mikey/Rob
723 Eugene/Shafiq
717 Marty/Crop
680 Al/Joe I
664 Danny/Mike S
659 Mario/Nat (Shafiq double-teamed and filled in for Nat)
460 Jack/Adam

Division 2
419 Dave/The Virus
370 Lil' Jonathan/Mike L
365 Scott/Mike Sam
193 Itch/Robert (May be incomplete.)

Don't miss the next Enduro! We'll be running them after every points series ends, which is roughly every eight weeks. Lots of driving time, and lots of fun! I'm planning a BIG surprise for the next one! I may not be able to wait the full eight weeks for what's in store! Stay tuned!

Gift Card Racing was very good last night! It was cool to see Dave and myself take the bump-up and then NOT come in last, sacrificing our previous first place wins. Great racing!

I am watching the Duels tonight that I Tivo'd. I am staying away from Sirius NASCAR Radio all day until I can watch the races tonight to see what happened!

Thank you so much to everyone who actually came to the track with shovels in-hand. That was so nice of all of you, and we were able to fit everyone in the lot. It was amazing to see so many trucks with plows go by with the drivers staring at us, and not one thought to stop in front of a parking lot full of guys trying to shovel 5' high piles of snow. Jackasses. It was also fun to watch Jamil try to get out of a snow drift. Hilareous. Thanks to everyone who braved the conditions and came racing! Thank you, Danny, for shoveling AND flagging down your friend with the snowblower!

Don't forget to pre-register for the Winternationals, which are on February 27th!

KA2AEV
2010.02.12, 04:55 PM
Al what are the three classes that will be ran in the Winternationals?:confused:

tommy_greeneyes
2010.02.12, 05:47 PM
hey Al any new updates for the Winternationals?:D i am coming

Scrapper
2010.02.12, 06:47 PM
stu has to make it out there next weekend

Fifty7
2010.02.12, 07:54 PM
Al what are the three classes that will be ran in the Winternationals?:confused:

Wide stock. Narrow stock. Pan car

KA2AEV
2010.02.12, 10:02 PM
Wide stock. Narrow stock. Pan car

Thank You Sir!:)

Slapstick10
2010.02.13, 10:35 AM
They won't give you back the Red Bull?:eek:
That was a sharp looking body!:cool:

No they are fixing it however , I bought a new car. Should be back Monday or Tuesday

jackg
2010.02.13, 10:56 AM
can't wait for the 1st night of the new points series. i will have the truck tonight and should get to the track about 4:30. -j

rajiex
2010.02.13, 11:00 AM
I think I got all the hop ups, is the diff necessary. Anyone have any tips, when I power out of a turn, it seems steering is insensitive.

Is the 2.4 really that more responsive and which is better AWD or MR-03?

jackg
2010.02.13, 11:24 AM
when going through a turn the two rear wheels are traveling on two different arcs. the inside wheel is making a smaller circle than the outside wheel. this means it will rotate at a different speed than the other rear wheel. a ball diff will greatly improve cornering and exiting. the gear diff by its very construction is limited in terms of smoothness. the spherical diff balls against the diff plate allow for infinite rotational differences between the two rear wheels while making turns, resulting in a much smoother driving car. -j

rajiex
2010.02.13, 12:37 PM
Thanks Jacq,

Do u recommend the PN or atominc ball diff?

KA2AEV
2010.02.13, 01:43 PM
Will Macho Nacho have Meatballs tonight?:rolleyes::D

Scrapper
2010.02.13, 01:59 PM
I think I got all the hop ups, is the diff necessary. Anyone have any tips, when I power out of a turn, it seems steering is insensitive.

Is the 2.4 really that more responsive and which is better AWD or MR-03?

2.4 is that much better

the awd has a much different feeling to it than the 2wd

EMU
2010.02.13, 02:35 PM
Thanks Jacq,

Do u recommend the PN or atominc ball diff?

I recommend the Atomic vII ball differential, with Reflex or PN (reflex takes more setup to get right, but is lighter) 64p spur gear, and ceramic balls... The ATM diff comes with a titanium shaft, which is not as light as some of the other shafts on the market, but much lighter than the steel shafts on Kyosho and older PN diffs. The newest PN lightweight steel shaft is lighter, but not as durable.

With faster motors that have a lot of drag brake, I welcome a slightly heavier diff, since it tames the motor more. In slower motor classes, having a lightweight differential and wheels allows you to get up a tooth or two in the gear ratio while having the same acceleration.

I wont be coming racing today, I have a wedding to attend. See you guys next week.

jackg
2010.02.13, 02:46 PM
sorry no meatball sandwiches tonight but we will have a limited supply of chicken cutlet heros with or without fries. mozzarella sticks and onion rings as well as the mexican stuff.:D -j

EMU
2010.02.13, 03:13 PM
Those fries are SICK!!! I want some right now ;)

jackg
2010.02.13, 03:44 PM
thanks man. -j

Scrapper
2010.02.13, 03:50 PM
stus really gotta make it out there

jackg
2010.02.14, 12:35 AM
very busy race night tonight. many new racers are getting better. 'lil mouthy back in the lower B where I hope he will mature as a racer. Tom P in the house and seems to be right back in form, qualifing in the A and finishing well. Emu/Shafiq- we missed you guys tonight. Phil and Jonathan were the ones to watch running at the top of the A group but many drivers are getting better and better. i will need to get some laps in on thursday night to be ready for Sat. night:D -j

KA2AEV
2010.02.14, 01:06 AM
Great Night of racing:)
And the Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches & the fries were Great:D
Looking forward to next time:D

CDR racing
2010.02.14, 02:10 AM
Those fries are SICK!!! I want some right now ;)

Guys remember this moment. This may very well be the shortest post in EMU history!:D

J-Milz
2010.02.14, 12:02 PM
Was it a full moon last night? :eek: Despite the small hiccups it was a great night of racing. My pan car sucked, and I even got whooped by Jonathan. (the other Jonathan) To add a little salt in the wound, he even tried to pick up my car with his when I was out of the race with dead batteries and carry me to the finish.

jackg
2010.02.14, 04:28 PM
a rare gremlin night for jamil...I will be putting some fresh tires on the yellow 'vette and will kick major mini ass on thurs night. my only comment on the other thing is this-we are a racing club. it isn't just random guys every week with an ever changing line-up. it is more like an Elk's Lodge with little cars instead of kegs. :D the regulars know well to call in due to the inflexible nature of the race software and the large amount of time it can take to add people in. but maybe not everyone knows. i hope this miscommunication can be sorted out, im sure it will. -j

jackg
2010.02.14, 06:18 PM
on a different note... what the heck is going on with the Datona 500??? why is the track coming apart and how long is this race gonna be??:rolleyes: -j

J-Milz
2010.02.14, 06:21 PM
Jack, I could not agree with you more about the lodge concept. However, I wish the outcome was handled differently.

jackg
2010.02.14, 07:04 PM
you are right and im sure when everyone involved has a moment to reflect back they will reach out and make things right. we don't want to lose a top racer and gentleman -j

Scrapper
2010.02.14, 07:28 PM
by top gentlemen you mean stu right lool

jackg
2010.02.14, 07:49 PM
of course Sam. -j

GTR driver
2010.02.14, 08:09 PM
I can really go for some of those fries right about now! :D

CDR racing
2010.02.14, 08:17 PM
Woohoo how bout that 500? And they say NASCAR is boring watching cars go around in circles. Kudos to NASCAR for making it an exciting race. The new rule changes are amazing. And how bout that Dale Jr? Now let the whining about NASCAR changing the rules to favor Jr. begin, since without the multiple restarts he'd never finish that high. Anyway what a race. And should be an exciting season. (Note to Self- 2 Amp energy drinks + exciting Daytona 500 finish= not good :D)

KA2AEV
2010.02.15, 01:13 AM
Was it a full moon last night? :eek: Despite the small hiccups it was a great night of racing. My pan car sucked, and I even got whooped by Jonathan. (the other Jonathan) To add a little salt in the wound, he even tried to pick up my car with his when I was out of the race with dead batteries and carry me to the finish.

Jamil Don't take Golddust's actions the wrong way
he was trying to help out a disabled driver like Lightning McQueen
did in the Piston Cup Final for the King:cool:
All Honorable:)
And Extremely Funny Too:D
Seeya Saturday;)

KA2AEV
2010.02.15, 08:43 AM
on a different note... what the heck is going on with the Datona 500??? why is the track coming apart and how long is this race gonna be??:rolleyes: -j

That track situation was really wierd
Waltrip was compairing the weather down in Daytona to the weather
that we get up here
Those Good Ole Boys gotta get outta of the warm weather alittle
more
Im sure that they don't have the Pothole troubles at Pocono

Scrapper
2010.02.15, 08:50 AM
what was up with all those crashes it was as if i was on the track

KA2AEV
2010.02.15, 12:39 PM
what was up with all those crashes it was as if i was on the track

Potholes:D

CDR racing
2010.02.15, 02:18 PM
Al- For next year's Daytona 500 Party/Race we have to take out a tile in between 1 and 2.:D

Fifty7
2010.02.15, 04:28 PM
Al- For next year's Daytona 500 Party/Race we have to take out a tile in between 1 and 2.:D

Good one :D

ActionRC
2010.02.16, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone. A few quick things...

Tommy - I have you pre-registered already, so you're good to go.

Mike Sam - Love the Cars analogy!

Raj - I like and stock the PN diff because it comes as a 64 pitch kit and I like the price. The quality has been good too. The Kyosho and Atomic diffs are good as well.

Jack - "Spherical" - Love it!

Eugene - Missed having you and Shafiq around. Hope you met a hot bridesmaid to make missing Week # 1 worth it!

Jamil - Golddust is such a cool nickname, and helps with having two Johnathans to announce. Now I just need you to come up with nicknames for all of the Mikes!

Saturday was a lot of fun, the racing was great, and it was great to see such a huge turnout. This points series promises to be a good one. You will all like the changes to the layout this week. Unfortunately, this series got off to a bit of a rough start for me (see issues below), and I want to address what happened once and only once. If anyone wants to discuss further, please email me. We had two issues Saturday night that I would like to not see repeated:

1) Marshalling: We are well past the point where I should have to beg for marshals or threaten to cancel a qualifying race. You race, you marshall. It's that easy. I have two solutions to this problem. One, I could pre-schedule all of the marshals, as I have done several times. Honestly, I find this to be very time consuming, difficult to do sometimes, and unnecessary, but it is not as unnecessary as I though, apparently. Two, I could have EVERYONE who raced come up to marshal, and then we could pick who could do it each race to not repeat people over and over. The repeated lack of marshals, especially when I am waiting for my group of best and most experienced drivers to do it, is increasingly frustrating, and it made me reach a boiling point, which was then carried over into issue # 2 literally seconds later.

2) Call-In Registration: Most of you have seen how difficult it could be to add a racer into the Core system after races have already been sorted, and especially after they have begun. When I have 5 or 6 cars in a race, it's not as big of a deal to add someone. When I have full groups of 8, like I did Saturday, adding a driver is a VERY big deal. I spent over five minutes trying to resort the races while 8 drivers stood on the grid waiting for me. Most professional RC tracks will not allow walk-ins once races have started. I was the victim of this when I was first starting RC racing and didn't understand how RC races work, but not being allowed to race at my very first race quickly taught me the rules.

I try to keep everyone informed of how the call-in registration helps me, and most of you call when arriving late, so we rarely have trouble with this. Well, we had this issue come up on a very busy Saturday night, and instead of making the driver leave, which I would never do, I added him in and manually resorted the races, which was not easy. However, I was angry about this repeated situation, especially when trying to rush this procedure, ignore all of the ""when are we starting" comments, and trying to not to upset anyone who would be bumped down out of their group as a result. It was not an easy procedure to do when there were the amount of cars and groups as there were, and I let it get to my head and I lost my cool. I have sinced apologized to this driver for loosing my cool, calling him out, and making an example of him. That was not my intention, but because I got mad at the situation, I let it get to me, and I should not have done that and reacted the way I did. You all know me very well, and you know that I am a very even-mannered guy that does not get angry often. Between the marshalling situation and the resorting issue, I lost my cool and let my emotions get the best of me.

You guys are a part of a group of drivers that I am VERY comfortable with, and that I care for very much. I love my kids very much, but I yell at them too sometimes when I am mad, in a bad mood, or if they upset me. If I tell them to do something three times and they continue to not do what they were told as a courtesy to me, I get mad. We are lucky to be a part of a race club, if you want to call it that, in which we are all very comfortable in, and we openly communicate about everything. We can all speak our minds, let each other know when we're upset, pick on each other, etc., and with all that good stuff, a negative might slip in here and there. I apologize for getting upset Saturday night by these circumstances, and in particular for singling someone out, but my anger was not unjustified, so I would appreciate all of your help in trying to avoid an issue like this in the future. I don't ask much of anyone - just to marshal, be ready for your race, and call in your registration if you'll be late. That's all I've ever asked, but again, my reaction was a bit much, and I apologize for that.

With that being said, again, let's let this die, the apology is out in the open and addresed privately to the individual, and let the pieces fall as they may.

Looking forward to tonight...

Scrapper
2010.02.16, 02:19 PM
stu needs to make it there

J-Milz
2010.02.16, 02:51 PM
Group hugs on Saturday! I'll lead the way. :D

CDR racing
2010.02.16, 04:23 PM
stu needs to make it there

Stu needs to stop speaking about stu in the third person:D

Scrapper
2010.02.16, 04:49 PM
oh no stu doesnt crop

jackg
2010.02.16, 06:55 PM
hey man-"spherical" is a real word. :D

hilldebrandt
2010.02.16, 09:24 PM
Just wondering if the registration is still open for the Winter Nats ??

CDR racing
2010.02.16, 09:36 PM
Hilldebrandt- Yea, the Winternat's are still open. If Al reaches his quota before race day he'll post it, but otherwise it will be open until race day. He's at the track now, so you can call 718-317-5420 and register now or email him at info@actionrcspeedway.com and he'll get it tomorrow.

hilldebrandt
2010.02.16, 10:19 PM
Thanks CDR, I just sent the email off.

J-Milz
2010.02.16, 10:53 PM
That dancing banana is freaky!!!:eek:

ActionRC
2010.02.17, 12:05 AM
Gregg (hilldebrandt) is in! See you on the 27th!

Crop - You can't try to correct Stu - you just have to leave Stu as is and accept Stu for the Stu that Stu is.

Stu - Be there for the big group hug! Hope you can make it this week. Are you off from school?

Scrapper
2010.02.17, 08:36 AM
if shafiq can give me a ride home i might go on thursday

J-Milz
2010.02.17, 10:14 AM
What ever happened to the track dots? Are they gonna make an appearence at the WinterNats? :confused:

Fifty7
2010.02.17, 11:13 AM
What ever happened to the track dots? Are they gonna make an appearence at the WinterNats? :confused:

Jamil - I was just coming on here to send you a message and now you give me something else to write about. I used to like you until you brought up those #$@*&% dots. Now shhhhhh!!!:D:D

Can you please give me any info on your radio. I'm having a problem located a Helios and the Eurus is not available any time soon and i don't like the feel of the EX1UR. Are you happy with yours?