PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

J-Milz
2010.02.17, 12:39 PM
The jr-z1 is identical to the ex 10. You can use other models as well. The futaba 4pk, 3pk, 3pj .... The Airtronics m8, M11.....jr z1, R1, ko propo... Ex1, ex10, and the New eurus... All of these radios have a space on the rear for the mini z module. PN makes adapters for the Futaba, and airtronics radios. Some people have modified their's to fit directly. I'm sure there is more. This list is off the top of my head.

Scrapper
2010.02.17, 02:05 PM
m8 is a good radio says stu

ShortBus
2010.02.17, 02:08 PM
Marty - the bay has (2) euros located "new" in NJ. He's asking 399 but no module.

Also on the bay, D****** has (2) mini-z modules (RF-902SM) listed as well for 89. I've delt with him years ago without issues.

Jeff

Fifty7
2010.02.17, 02:08 PM
The jr-z1 is identical to the ex 10. You can use other models as well. The futaba 4pk, 3pk, 3pj .... The Airtronics m8, M11.....jr z1, R1, ko propo... Ex1, ex10, and the New eurus... All of these radios have a space on the rear for the mini z module. PN makes adapters for the Futaba, and airtronics radios. Some people have modified their's to fit directly. I'm sure there is more. This list is off the top of my head.

Thank you, I have some research to do now

EMU
2010.02.17, 02:32 PM
Sai uses the JR-Z1. It is a little newer than the EX-10 Helios, I dont know if anything is different electronics wise, but it works well with the ASF module.

J-Milz
2010.02.17, 02:43 PM
I had the ex10 and Currently have the JR Z1. The manual is the same for both radios. It's just rebadged. Same features, same model memory, design and weight. The steering wheel is even the same.

ActionRC
2010.02.17, 03:16 PM
This is all good stuff to know regarding the radios. Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I have always been so ignorant regarding electronics. I used a stick radio with no adjustments except trim 'til the day American Raceway closed! I am amazed now how I did that. I have always been a "if it goes left, right, forward, and reverse, everything is okay" kind of driver, but now with the exception of dual rate and end point adjustments. All the other stuff is just bells and whistles to me. Then again, I am so technologically handicapped that all of these techno-do-dads are wasted on me. If the Perfex KT018 had multi-model (3?) memory, it would be the perfect radio for me! John Brown had to convince me at the first track that the stock radio was crap compared to a Futaba 2PL. I soon learned how right he was, and how wrong I was!

Marty - Futaba and several other brands are distributed by Great Planes. I can get anything from them, and will actually be placing an order today or tomorrow.

Current points and updated rules are now posted on the website! Series 31(!)is off to a strong start!

Fifty7
2010.02.17, 03:20 PM
This is all good stuff to know regarding the radios. Thanks for all of the info, everyone. I have always been so ignorant regarding electronics. I used a stick radio with no adjustments except trim 'til the day American Raceway closed! I am amazed now how I did that. I have always been a "if it goes left, right, forward, and reverse, everything is okay" kind of driver, but now with the exception of dual rate and end point adjustments. All the other stuff is just bells and whistles to me. Then again, I am so technologically handicapped that all of these techno-do-dads are wasted on me. If the Perfex KT018 had multi-model (3?) memory, it would be the perfect radio for me! John Brown had to convince me at the first track that the stock radio was crap compared to a Futaba 2PL. I soon learned how right he was, and how wrong I was!

Marty - Futaba and several other brands are distributed by Great Planes. I can get anything from them, and will actually be placing an order today or tomorrow.

Current points and updated rules are now posted on the website! Series 31(!)is off to a strong start!

If you could get me some prices, we'll figure it out tomorrow. I would definitely consider the JR Z1 first if you can get it. i'll try to get on great planes web site and see what they have.

EMU
2010.02.17, 03:55 PM
I had the ex10 and Currently have the JR Z1. The manual is the same for both radios. It's just rebadged. Same features, same model memory, design and weight. The steering wheel is even the same.
Right, but I dont know if they adjusted the response rate. Especially since it was released after the EX-1UR. I expect it to be identical to the helios, however, it may not be...

Slapstick10
2010.02.17, 04:40 PM
I had an overheating problem with my cars turns out the stock motors are horrible. However I'm also a little disapointed in the quality of the sodering on the turn 70. It seems after purchasing 2 of them , the ground sodered to the motor consistantly falls off. So here's the million Dollar question, what company has the best quality products ?

Atomic-USA
2010.02.17, 05:23 PM
Check out the Atomic series of motor. If anything is wrong with your Atomic motor I'll fix it for you locally in NYC. Atomic motors are designed for optimal low operating temperature, especially when running on MA-010 chassis.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/mr02-option-parts-motor-c-4_69_103.html?filter_id=2

I personally recommend AR-030 or AR076.

Don't get me started on those "Two Letter" brand motors. I can give you a few for free.

EMU
2010.02.17, 05:23 PM
In general, PN and Atomic are the frontrunners in mass produced quality. Reflex and Mantis Worx do small production runs on limited products. I would say that since they are a limited production run, the quality is higher than with PN and ATM who produce in higher quantity. No production run is flawless though... All of these companies are very high in quality. 3Racing is hit or miss depending on the specific part. Price is great, but not every part that comes from them is great. Some are very good, lately they have brought their game up a lot, and are right on the heels of ATM with their line. Some parts are better by some manufacturer than the other, and others are worse. I use mainly ATM/3Racing/PN parts. Differentials I use ATM, with PN spurs. Motors, I prefer ATM. Springs, dampers can be any one of the three, depending on the specific setup. I try not to be company biased with these three, and use what works the best. Tires, I almost exclusively use ATM and Kyosho. Wheels; ATM, Kyosho and Mantis Worx.

I would avoid TopCad for most parts, but some are useful.

What Al carries, is usually the best stuff available. He has a few test drivers, that compare the parts to eachother, and he orders the better version if there are similar parts by different manufacturers.

With that said, what do you mean by the ground soldered to the motor comes off? If you use flux and solder it well, you shouldnt have a problem. Are you using a lot of solder? I dont know your soldering experience, but your iron may be set too low, or your solder needs too much heat to get to the right temperature.

I have no issues with the Kyosho stock motor. I actually like it. If the motor is overheating, that usually means you are geared too high. For a newer driver, this is the best motor. Faster motors need more skill, people usually get on the throttle way too early out of the corners.

J-Milz
2010.02.17, 06:07 PM
I had an overheating problem with my cars turns out the stock motors are horrible. However I'm also a little disapointed in the quality of the sodering on the turn 70. It seems after purchasing 2 of them , the ground sodered to the motor consistantly falls off. So here's the million Dollar question, what company has the best quality products ?

That depends on who you ask. The 70t motor is all we got basically for motor choices, besides the stock Kyosho. You may have a bad batch. I had two motors in two years. I think they're great motor, personally.

Scrapper
2010.02.17, 06:30 PM
in my 2.4 awd i use the ad stock motor

Slapstick10
2010.02.17, 08:04 PM
Ok let me explain:

I don't have aproblem with the way the motor runs. I have 2 of them and they run great. When you buy the motor , they come standard with a positive and a negative wire. They are factory sodered to the terminals on the motor. 2 differant motors same problem , the craftmanship of the soder work done by pn racing is horrible. I think it's funny that the soder flakes off. Because I'm a novice I thought I blew the motors. Also the connections that screw into the board for power, why should I have to file them down. They should come smaller to avoid the risk of shorting the board or fett. And Kyosho would it cause to much trouble for you to put some vents in the stock motor to cool it down. I say again quality...... Who makes quality parts for these cars!

If your going to manufacturer an inferior product why bother?

Fifty7
2010.02.17, 08:20 PM
Ok let me explain:

I don't have aproblem with the way the motor runs. I have 2 of them and they run great. When you buy the motor , they come standard with a positive and a negative wire. They are factory sodered to the terminals on the motor. 2 differant motors same problem , the craftmanship of the soder work done by pn racing is horrible. I think it's funny that the soder flakes off. Because I'm a novice I thought I blew the motors. Also the connections that screw into the board for power, why should I have to file them down. They should come smaller to avoid the risk of shorting the board or fett. And Kyosho would it cause to much trouble for you to put some vents in the stock motor to cool it down. I say again quality...... Who makes quality parts for these cars!

If your going to manufacturer an inferior product why bother?

Scott

as far as the problem with the rings being too large - this is just a recent issue with only the 03's and the way the board was redisigned. I myself have never had a problem with my 70 turn or my speedy 07. In a different note. If your setting up a narrow car for running at Action I think the rules say we can only use the stock motor or the 70 turn so keep that in mind. As far as venting the stock motor. I'd rather see screw holes so we could mount it to the miltilength rears. They run well in the narrow class.

EMU
2010.02.17, 08:29 PM
I have not had any issues with the solder on any of the 70t or really any other motor that I am using. It may be that the motor was getting too hot? I dont screw my motor wires to my car anymore, I solder them. I was tired of screws coming loose, and the wires losing contact with the board. It also prevents any shorts... It takes a little more time, and skill, but well worth it.

To get to your point about producing inferior parts. Some parts are designed for different purposes. GPM in general, had designed many parts to bling out a car, and were not really performance oriented. 3Racing used to be in that department as well. They made MANY parts, that replaced stock parts with alloy. The alloy was not better, but many people just wanted their cars to look cool or be bombproof. I preferred using plastic.

PN and later Atomic started making good performance oriented parts. This made the cars handle much better, and most of the bling parts were discontinued.

When a new chassis comes out, manufacturers are in a race. They want to be the first company to release the new parts for it. Most companies dont necessarily know what will sell well and work well for the chassis, so they mainly will copy stock parts and release them and see what sells. PN in general takes a conservative approach to producing parts. He only wants to make parts that increase performance and will sell well. Which is why in general, the parts dont come out as fast as GPM/Eagle Racing/TopCad... who just want to make a quick $ having the first part available for the chassis.

If you have an identical part to another company, but release it a month later, your not going to sell your part. Everyone already have company A's part, so they dont need yours. People arent going to wait, they just want the part.

To be continued.... (back to work)

Slapstick10
2010.02.17, 08:31 PM
I love the way the motor runs, no draging it's not tight there great. But the soder what's the deal. There is nobody besides me who has had this problem! Weird very weird! I ran my best lap at action the other night. I think it was 13.5 or something close to that.

Any way I'm happy with my new hobby and all the guys at action are awesome. I just think if a problem so simple can be solved so easy then do it!

ActionRC
2010.02.18, 09:55 AM
Marty - Great Planes is a dealer site, but I'll send you an email to take a look at some things. My life would be much easier if GP has a quality radio that works on the Mini-Z!

Scott - If I remember correctly, didn't you have a 9 tooth pinion gear in your car? That was initially causing your problems. As I mentioned, a lot of stop and go driving, especially when over-geared, will heat everything up. My birthday party cars with box-stock motors do a lot more stop and go than any of the regular driver's cars do, but I run 6 tooth pinion gears in them and they run for almost 1 1/2 hours straight - by 8 year olds who think they're running a demolition derby.

Imagine the aggrevation I would have if the products I sold were not good. I have run in my MR015 only two Kyosho box-stock motors in about 4 years. That is a true testiment to the quality and durability of the stock motor - and it's not too slow either. In the narrow class, I only allow the stock and PN 70 turn, but if 70 turn motors were no good, how would I have that as the ONLY motor choice after all these years? Yes, there may be a bad one here and there, but that's the case with every manufactured item in the world. All of the products that I carry have an EXCELLENT track record (literally). If they didn't, I wouldn't carry them. Every once in a while you have to resolder motor wires just because they get moved around alot while driving and while putting on bodies, cleaning motors, doing work, etc. If the wires are loose, we can definitely resolder them tonight. Sometimes, they are just routed in the chassis in a way that they must bend differently than soldered, and resoldering them at the required angle eases the loads on the existing solder joint.

I agree with Marty that if Kyosho would smarten up and install mounting holes in their motor cans, which I have told them MANY times, they would sell a lot more motors! Their X-Speed (which I have in my pan car now) is awesome! It might be the perfect motor for our track. The only downside to more cooling is more holes, and more holes equal more dirt in the motor. (Rubber, dust, etc.) On the plastic rear, which you have on some of your cars, Scott, the plastic has zero heat absorbtion and no cooling holes. You did as I suggested and cut the rear flat panel out of the LM plastic rear, and you said it ran cooler, so that shoould help alot, but nothing works as well as an aluminum rear which hangs the motor right there in the open for the most cooling and air possible. You can even get one for your RM Porsche.

Obviously, "Atomic-USA" will have a biased opinion of PN motors, and Eugene is nothing but honest, as is everyone here, so you're getting accurate info - there are no mass issues with PN or box-stock motors, and they have always proven themselves as a good bargain with high quality. Since I started running Speedy 05's nd 07's in my cars since 2005, I might be on my fourth motor in my stock car - that's not bad at all, and when they start to die, it's because the brushes are thinner than a piece of paper. What could you expect after a year of running each one?

Looking forward to tonight!

PadrinoNY
2010.02.18, 02:05 PM
:eek: WOW I see things haven't changed since the last time I was here. We are still talking about the motor issue. Nice it's like I never disappeared By The Way AL you have a PM.....

ShortBus
2010.02.18, 02:17 PM
Puuuuuuuchhhooooooooo !!!!!!!

ActionRC
2010.02.18, 02:27 PM
HEY PUCHO! :) Good to see you're alive and hopefully well. Great to see you pop up here, so hopefully you and Uncle Nino will get to come to the track, assuming you're still in the NY area, even if just to say Hi. Email me any time.

(Just so everyone knows, I never check my PM's - I never even remember that that section of this forum exists. I just so happened to see it on the top right, so I opened them and saw some old messages that I never responded to, and one was from Pucho, so I tooka shot and responded to him. Who would have thought!)

ActionRC
2010.02.18, 02:30 PM
Don't get me started on those "Two Letter" brand motors. I can give you a few for free.

You still have stuff that Stugotz didn't grub off of you and sell!? I'll take some free motors! :D Hahaha!

Fifty7
2010.02.18, 02:42 PM
Marty - Great Planes is a dealer site, but I'll send you an email to take a look at some things. My life would be much easier if GP has a quality radio that works on the Mini-Z!

Looking forward to tonight!

I'm looking now and all i can say is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

So confusing when you don't know what your looking for. Wish i trusted ebay a little more but you know what they say - if it's too good to be true it usually is. See you tonight.

Fifty7
2010.02.18, 02:43 PM
You still have stuff that Stugotz didn't grub off of you and sell!? I'll take some free motors! :D Hahaha!

Theres a bunch of us that wouldn't mind free "2 letter " motors:D:D

ShortBus
2010.02.18, 04:30 PM
Marty - see if you can talk to either Adam or Phil in regards to those other radios. I believe Adam still uses the 3PL?

Jeff

J-Milz
2010.02.18, 04:32 PM
:eek: WOW I see things haven't changed since the last time I was here. We are still talking about the motor issue. Nice it's like I never disappeared By The Way AL you have a PM.....

You commin to the Winter Nat's kiddo?

Atomic-USA
2010.02.18, 04:42 PM

Stugotz has received some of my Atomic motors and never look back. I give away "two letter" motors and Atomic motors from time to time, dare to compare. No bias here all facts from my racing years.......I know which ones are better and which ones lead to board repair / melted chassis swap afterwards.

Fifty7
2010.02.18, 04:55 PM
Hmmmmmm. I blew three boards last year. 3 different motors manufactured by the same company. Now which one was it??:p

PadrinoNY
2010.02.18, 06:40 PM
Don't say it Marty. Jamil I don't have anything left but a Boardless AWD. So it wouldn't pay to go.....

J-Milz
2010.02.19, 09:36 AM
GREAT day of racing! Sold two of my 015 cars, tinkered with a few radios, set up a car or two. I flew airwolf, and fired a couple of missles. Finally, to top it off, I came in dead last in the A main with my 70T Narrow car, just 2 laps behind the leader! :D

Fifty7
2010.02.19, 10:02 AM
GREAT day of racing! Sold two of my 015 cars, tinkered with a few radios, set up a car or two. I flew airwolf, and fired a couple of missles. Finally, to top it off, I came in dead last in the A main with my 70T Narrow car, just 2 laps behind the leader! :D

It was awesome racing last night and you've been running really well.

Fifty7
2010.02.19, 10:25 AM
Nat - you have a couple of PM's

Fifty7
2010.02.19, 12:43 PM
Don't say it Marty. Jamil I don't have anything left but a Boardless AWD. So it wouldn't pay to go.....

Where's the Board? Was it blown up by a nameless motor??:D:p

You have been missed, hope everything is good with you.

Kevin S.
2010.02.19, 01:07 PM
What a great turnout last night and a great night of racing all around. The A Main was awesome. Al, Tom P and Marty all ran really well in the A. Nice comeback by Tom P after losing the body on his car along with a few other setbacks to work his way up into 2nd place after being in last place . Marty, your narrow front end 03 with the Ferrari 512BB looked real good on the track last night. Can't wait to get back to the track. See everyone next week.:D

J-Milz
2010.02.19, 02:50 PM
So Marty, are you the new owner of a JR Z1? $102.50 is a steal!!

Fifty7
2010.02.19, 03:02 PM
So Marty, are you the new owner of a JR Z1? $102.50 is a steal!!

I agree it is and i should've bought it anyway but.....nope.

After talking to Tom last night i figured what if i don't win and then the other Helios is not available (because it had a buy it now button). So i bought it now. lol Not so terrible $210 but $102 would've been better, i should've gone for that one too and sold one.

J-Milz
2010.02.19, 03:09 PM
WHAT!!!!

I would have bought it for that price, had I knew.

Fifty7
2010.02.19, 03:20 PM
WHAT!!!!

I would have bought it for that price, had I knew.

Sorry. Don't shoot. I just realized you had already left when we were discussing it. I owe you one Ebay bargain. I'll keep an eye out for another one.

ActionRC
2010.02.19, 04:09 PM
What a great night of racing! We had a packed house, a big payout, and lots of great races! Here are some highlites:

C Main: The battle to watch was going to be between Johnny D and Tim, but Johnny D had trouble after one lap(!) and basically handed over the win to Tim if he just kept a relatively quick pace over the rest of the field. Great to see our newest driver, Andrew, racing just one day after buying his car. Great to see Scott actually driving after all the forum drama this week. Great to see Bobby Diamond back to his old ways. Great to see The Virus up and running after 2 hours of trying to put his LM rear damper togetehr, even though I offered to help him several times. (I give him credit for wanting to do it himself, despite missing 2 out of 3 qualifiers.)

B Main: STRONG run by Lil' Mouthy, beating Dave by just 7 seconds! Dave would close in, then fall back, and Mikey took the win. He ran really well, as did Mike L who ran a solid 3rd. Mikey lead every lap, but only at the lap counter. Dominick and Kevin battled for 4th, with Dominick taking it by 1 second! Great run also by new driver John L, who has been improving steadily and bumped to the B, as did Mike L.

A Main: I won! I won! I won! Yes I am bragging, but I don't win an A Main often! Thank you to Johnathan and Phil for giving me this opportunity. (They weren't there.) Great run by Tom, who came in second after beig in last position on lap 2. He worked his way up, but not enough to take the win. I lead every lap except two in the middle, when Marty took the lead. Nat, Jim, and Jamil were right there with nice runs, and everyone except Jamil won a nice payout! (At least it wasn't a goose egg!) I am so tired of looking at my white Enzo, but it is running really well so I'll leave it alone.

See everyone tomorrow night for another exciting night of racing!

Scrapper
2010.02.19, 04:30 PM
al the enzo is the way to go thats my secret weapon that has helped me improve so much as of recent

hilldebrandt
2010.02.19, 06:01 PM
Hey guys, I'll be coming up from PA tomorrow to get some practice in for the Winter Nats...
Looking forward to meeting everyone !

CDR racing
2010.02.20, 01:20 AM
Does anyone have a either wireless or wired external webcam? I am going to be doing live race feed off my laptop for the winternats, and thought it would be cool to get some different angles throughout the room. If anyone has one and can bring it to the track next week let me know.

KA2AEV
2010.02.20, 10:25 AM
Question for someone:confused:
How often do you guys discharge your batteries completely and then
recharge them?

danny250r
2010.02.20, 10:42 AM
Question for someone:confused:
How often do you guys discharge your batteries completely and then
recharge them?

i try to do it whenever i have the time , i will cycle them

CDR racing
2010.02.20, 04:58 PM
Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that we hag the live feed of the track up and running. The live feed will be up for all of tonight's racing, as well as next week at the Winternat's. If anyone is home tonight and can check it out I would appreciate it just to make sure everything is working well. As for the extra webcams, unfortunately there is no way of using two cameras at once on stickam, so I won't need them, but we have a decent view of the room set up so everything should be fine. I'll post the link here, and it was also posted on the Action R/C F******k.

http://www.stickam.com/actionrc

KA2AEV
2010.02.20, 07:14 PM
Al I take my commenst about lowering the audio back
Leave it as it is
It does add a true feel for being at the track
Great Job Crop!:)

Fifty7
2010.02.20, 07:15 PM
Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that we hag the live feed of the track up and running. The live feed will be up for all of tonight's racing, as well as next week at the Winternat's. If anyone is home tonight and can check it out I would appreciate it just to make sure everything is working well. As for the extra webcams, unfortunately there is no way of using two cameras at once on stickam, so I won't need them, but we have a decent view of the room set up so everything should be fine. I'll post the link here, and it was also posted on the Action R/C F******k.

http://www.stickam.com/actionrc

Looks and sounds good.

Scrapper
2010.02.20, 10:17 PM
i see azamat

SaiTam
2010.02.20, 10:26 PM
I am watching Live now. TomP just said "nobody curses here" at 10:25pm and nobody is talking about Mini-z at the track at all. Live chat is not enabled for some reason.

hpotter
2010.02.21, 02:06 AM
Stickam video @ 12:40, absolutely hilarious--thank god Jamil has a good temper :D. Vincent+Stickcam=Ham :D

jackg
2010.02.21, 09:53 AM
great racing last night. we should have had the camera a long time ago:eek: getting home and being able to watch the mains was awesome. Crop- is there a way to do a two camera thing? keep your angle and keep a camera on jamil and 'lil mikey?:D i will be tire testing on thursday night and i will be ready to dominate the E Main at the winternats. I ran the atomic 40s in the front until the were bald:D I will have the truck at the winternats but im not sure about thurs. night. I need a night to just drive the car and really dial it in and thats not possible on food nights. I will try to make tues night to set up the car-see you all there -j

JeremyC
2010.02.21, 10:04 AM
great racing last night. we should have had the camera a long time ago:eek: getting home and being able to watch the mains was awesome. Crop- is there a way to do a two camera thing? keep your angle and keep a camera on jamil and 'lil mikey?:D i will be tire testing on thursday night and i will be ready to dominate the E Main at the winternats. I ran the atomic 40s in the front until the were bald:D I will have the truck at the winternats but im not sure about thurs. night. I need a night to just drive the car and really dial it in and thats not possible on food nights. I will try to make tues night to set up the car-see you all there -j

Hey guys, just looking for a rule check for the Nat's next weekend. I have one MR-02 chassis and switch bodies. For the regular class I'm going to run a painted Murcielago whitebody. For Pan-Car I'm going to switch to a PN pancar body.

About the chassis:
* 98mm
* offsets: 0-fronts and 1-rears
* ATM 'stock' yellow label motor

Am I legit?

jackg
2010.02.21, 10:22 AM
i hope so because i was considering doing the same thing. :cool: -j

EMU
2010.02.21, 11:55 AM
Hey guys, just looking for a rule check for the Nat's next weekend. I have one MR-02 chassis and switch bodies. For the regular class I'm going to run a painted Murcielago whitebody. For Pan-Car I'm going to switch to a PN pancar body.

About the chassis:
* 98mm
* offsets: 0-fronts and 1-rears
* ATM 'stock' yellow label motor

Am I legit?

You should be legit... You may want to use a slightly slower motor, ATM StockBB is very fast at Action. A slower motor with a smoother power band usually works better there.

I dont know what I am going to do about Pan car yet... The AWD was able to pull some seriously fast laps, but it had no consistancy. I had to be on the throttle in every corner, if I let off in a corner, the car just spins out...

The McLaren in Wide will get a slower motor... ATM stock had too much power, that I really couldnt use full throttle. Even on the straight, if I went full throttle the car would start breaking loose. I guess that the body is a little too light... I am going to use an ATM USA or Standard for the next race.

Narrow car will stay as it is.

JeremyC
2010.02.21, 01:46 PM
You should be legit... You may want to use a slightly slower motor, ATM StockBB is very fast at Action. A slower motor with a smoother power band usually works better there.

I dont know what I am going to do about Pan car yet... The AWD was able to pull some seriously fast laps, but it had no consistancy. I had to be on the throttle in every corner, if I let off in a corner, the car just spins out...

The McLaren in Wide will get a slower motor... ATM stock had too much power, that I really couldnt use full throttle. Even on the straight, if I went full throttle the car would start breaking loose. I guess that the body is a little too light... I am going to use an ATM USA or Standard for the next race.

Narrow car will stay as it is.

Hey Eugene; thanks.

Yeah, well you remember how annoyed I was when I put the yellow label in the first time (Fast motors suck (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33631))

I finally got a module for my Helios though and I have *so* much more control. I dialed the curve way back and the car was much better. I'm running a highpoint of 60 right now, rather than change motors do you think I could just pull it down to 50 or so?

Also, I'm a little nervous about running the pan car with 0f/1r offsets. The Murc felt great, but I haven't run the pan-car. I have 10 spare sets of K20 radial rears, so I can experiment(I CA glue them), but I'm worried that if I go to 2mm or 3mm rear offsets that the car is going to feel too numb. I know that when I used to run the Enzo with 0f/3r I had all kinds of trouble getting the car to rotate. The 0f/1r @98mm feels a lot more numb than what I"m used to as it is.. :(

-Jer

sjm324
2010.02.21, 02:13 PM
Fun night of racing...Wish I could of stayed until the end...Starting to like the MR03 a lot more....The videos look cool except for the growing bald spot on my head :)...Good luck to everyone at the Winter Nats will not be able to attend...See everyone soon

Adam

J-Milz
2010.02.21, 02:14 PM
All I have to say is great racing last night. (By most at least). May I suggest a jr. division for all the young drivers at the W/N's? :(

LogicBytes
2010.02.21, 02:25 PM
Does anyone have a either wireless or wired external webcam? I am going to be doing live race feed off my laptop for the winternats, and thought it would be cool to get some different angles throughout the room. If anyone has one and can bring it to the track next week let me know.
I have the one I brought a few months ago if you want to use it I'll bring it next week

CDR racing
2010.02.21, 02:53 PM
Mike- I don't think I'm going to use it anyway but thanks for the offer. It turns out its a little complicated and annoying to set up two cameras at once. The way we had it last night worked pretty well, so i think we'll just stick with that.

EMU
2010.02.21, 02:59 PM
Hey Eugene; thanks.

Yeah, well you remember how annoyed I was when I put the yellow label in the first time (Fast motors suck (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33631))

I finally got a module for my Helios though and I have *so* much more control. I dialed the curve way back and the car was much better. I'm running a highpoint of 60 right now, rather than change motors do you think I could just pull it down to 50 or so?

Also, I'm a little nervous about running the pan car with 0f/1r offsets. The Murc felt great, but I haven't run the pan-car. I have 10 spare sets of K20 radial rears, so I can experiment(I CA glue them), but I'm worried that if I go to 2mm or 3mm rear offsets that the car is going to feel too numb. I know that when I used to run the Enzo with 0f/3r I had all kinds of trouble getting the car to rotate. The 0f/1r @98mm feels a lot more numb than what I"m used to as it is.. :(

-Jer
I never like lowering my hi-point. You can try some slow high MAH cells to tame the motor.

At Action, with anything higher than a 70t you really want to setup the car like a modified car. Set it up to gain grip, instead of carry corner speed. Your setup is generally soft, and should grip well/better than a hard rear setup. You will probably have to use front tires that have less grip compared to NYRC. You may prefer a wide rear, if you feel you need more stability. I personally dont use anything wider than 2mm.

As far as radio settings, with the slower motors I use a positive curve. So that it feels more similar to a modified motor. It has a lot of modulation later in the travel to control speed in high speed sections... For faster motors, I usually dont use any throttle curve, or just a little positive. I dont want the car to jump up to speed, but I want more control at the higher speed range. Using a negative curve gives you a lot of control at the low speed range, however, when you are up at speed (which is most of the race) you have less control.

danny250r
2010.02.21, 03:28 PM
All I have to say is great racing last night. (By most at least). May I suggest a jr. division for all the young drivers at the W/N's? :(

lol:D great idea

SaiTam
2010.02.21, 04:15 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Eugene. I am removing my ATM Stock for my 2WD Wide now and putting in a slower motor. I'll be at the track either Tues/Thurs to sign up and practice.

EMU
2010.02.21, 05:27 PM
Sai, may I suggest that you use only 3 batteries as well?

CDR racing
2010.02.21, 07:27 PM
Thanks to everyone who tuned in to the webcam broadcast last night. It was cool to see how successful it was. We had over 120 views on the cam last night and almost 100 profile views already! I did some work on the profile last night and gave it a face-lift, so If you haven't seen it check it out. I wrote an email to stickam about saving the video to my hard drive, and once I figure out how to do it I would like to cut the video up in to the individual mains and post them on youtube. Also, thanks to everyone who called in and let us know how everything was working. If you didn't get to watch last night, the video of the mains is up on www.stickam.com/actionrc. Also, Jeff has the website all set to go to show the live feed on the website, so that will be up and running tomorrow sometime I am assuming. I'm up for doing this however often you guys and Al want to, but It will definitely be up for all the special even races(Nat's, Series Finales, etc.). I will have it all set up again next week for the Winternat's starting at 11:00. This also means everyone has to be on his best behavior next week lol.(Jamil:D) Depsite many requests, no it will not be up any sooner to show everyone the track layout.:D As with the f******k page, if you guys have any ideas to make this better let me know.

P.S. Marty- Thanks for your insight into every conversation we had at the counter. (A little creepy) :confused:
Sai- The camera was near the counter, completely away from the pits really, so there wouldn't be much intense Mini-z talk going on there. I'm talking to stickam trying to get the Live chat working. I set up the account with a birthday under 18 years old not realizing it would affect anything, so it won't let me open the chat to everyone, just members of stickam. I'll try to have it fixed by next week.

KA2AEV
2010.02.21, 09:11 PM

What are you afraid of Golddust???:D

And besides I smell a age discrimination suite brewing:eek:

TomSr
2010.02.21, 09:17 PM
Great work on the video set up Crop! And last night's face lift on the video site was awesome. What started out as only a test quickly turned into something really cool and widely viewed.

J-Milz
2010.02.21, 11:02 PM
What are you afraid of Golddust???:D

And besides I smell a age discrimination suite brewing:eek:

Im two for two at Juvi's taking me out! First Goldust, then lil mouthy (out with soap)!! Im gonna come to the Winter-nationals equipped with my buddy from the truancy unit

Fifty7
2010.02.22, 06:39 AM
Im two for two at Juvi's taking me out! First Goldust, then lil mouthy (out with soap)!! Im gonna come to the Winter-nationals equipped with my buddy from the truancy unit

What are you doing racing in their group? Step it up man.

J-Milz
2010.02.22, 11:26 AM
What are you doing racing in their group? Step it up man.

I know! Eugene, and Phil don't have this problem. It's my fault. Yes, we discussed this. (S)Marty!!:rolleyes:

Fifty7
2010.02.22, 12:29 PM
I know! Eugene, and Phil don't have this problem. It's my fault. Yes, we discussed this. (S)Marty!!:rolleyes:

And you don't have this problem on Thursday. You've been running great there.

philly123
2010.02.22, 12:37 PM

Huh?? Im lost...

Fifty7
2010.02.22, 01:12 PM
Huh?? Im lost...

Don't worry, it's nothing bad. He's just saying that you guys don't have the problem of having to run with lil Mikey.

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 01:25 PM
Hi everyone! The Winternationals are quickly approaching! Officially, prizes have been donated by Atomic, PN Racing, and Kyosho, and as always, the Action RC Mini-Z Winternationals promises to be another amazing event. There are just a small number of spots still available, so if you are thinking of racing, but haven't formally contacted me to do so, DO SO RIGHT AWAY! There are several people who have been conversing about the Winternats' on this thread and the Winternat's thread who have not let me formally know that they are actually coming, so please let me know ASAP if you have not done so already. (Send me an email or call the track to officially register.) PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME THAT I KNOW YOU ARE COMING!

Thank you to Crop for hooking up the web-cam Saturday night. It was very funny to see everyone (including the little guys) goofing off in front of the camera, and it was great to see a replay of the races. The highlite of the broadcast for me was watching the replay of Jamil flipping out on Mikey and then having his wife call from home telling him to calm down! It was also funny to have people calling and texting in responses to conversations that they could overhear. It will be a fun addition to the Winternationals on Saturday. Thankfully, as far as I know, no one did or said anything stupid! :)

Once again, racing was great on Saturday night! There were so many highlites, but here are just a few:

A Main
1) Rob beating Eugene in the A-Main by just .78 seconds!!!
2) Me not losing to Nat in the A by just 3 seconds for last place!
3) Another strong run by Crop - almost a lap down to Eugene and Rob.

B Main
1) Strong run by Jamil, who finished just 2.65 seconds behind Shafiq after leading laps 9-29! Shafiq lead 1, 30-32. Danny lead 2-8. We'll leave Jamil's loss to the video tape as evidence. I felt bad for you, Jamil, but you made an excellent video highlite reel!
2) Shafiq, Jamil, Danny, and Tom Sr - all finishing w/ 32 laps within 8 seconds of each other! Adam and Dave right there as well, barely a lap down to the top 4.
3) Lil' Mikey qualifying well, but playing bumper cars for 28 laps.

C-Main
1) Jack qualifying 2nd in the C, making it impossible for me to graciously bump him into the B.
2) Great run by Dominick, who is steadily improving.
3) My son, Justin, not racing often but staying smooth, improving, and finishing 3rd with one of my box-stock 3004 6 tooth birthday cars.
4) Great to have Greg H from the PA Dorks and Johnny Virus working hard to improve.

A Main Narrow
1) An amazing run by Eugene. Leave that car alone!!!
2) Great run by Tom P for 2nd.
3) Great battle between Shafiq and Jamil for 3rd. Jamil got the short end of the stick (again) just missing the 33rd lap while Shafiq got it by about 1 second.
4) Nat was right behind them by just 2 seconds!

B Main Narrow
1) Great run by Crop for the win.
2) I had a great battle with Dave for 2nd in just his first time out racing in the Narrow class. Great run, Dave! I look forward to Saturday for redemption!
3) I enjoyed beating Tom Sr, which hasn't happened in Narrow all that often.
4) Good to see Dominick continually running well in Narrow.

A Main Pan Car
1) Tom taking the win over Rob by 5 seconds! Great battle! Tom is really good with that Pan Car. Each driver had only one bad lap, which really evened them out, but Tom just had lap after lap of smooth, fast passes. Eugene had a strong run for 3rd, but as he mentioned, his AWD Pan Car just needed a bit more consistency. His was the only car in this race to hit the 10's! (10.72 - Fastest lap in all of the mains!)

B Main Pan Car
1) Nat beating me by just 3.10 seconds for the win!
2) Shafiq leading 13-26, again on 28, and me going from 3rd to 2nd on 30!
3) Nat, myself, Shafiq and Jamil all lead at some point during this race!
4) Again, Dominick improvong, finishing only 2 laps down to Jamil. Great try, Dom!

To address something that was posted before as far as age, unfortunately when it comes to RC racing, age is irrelevant. I wish we had more of the little guys to run in their own bracket, and you all know I keep the least experienced (which is not always the youngest) drivers together for qualifying, but if a young driver makes the same number of qualifying laps as a "more experienced driver", he cannot be held down due to his age. There are several pro RC drivers around the country who are under 12 and running with the big boys. RC Car Action writes about them here and there, including one in this month's issue in the radio guide. It's just part of the game. Imagine if 19 year old Joey Lagano (who I think finished in the top 5 yesterday in California) wasn't allowed to race with Mark Martin just because he's younger! Skill outranks age in racing.

Jeremy - Thank you for writing with Eugene in the style he loves to communicate in - lots of numbers and technical terminology!

Adam - Black spray paint should help!

Eugene - Funny that you mention running with 3 cells. Crop and I actually talked about this this weekend during the birthday party. Is there a way to actually use 3 cells in a Mini-Z? I have always wondered if there were a way to do this for my birthday party cars, and if it would help to slow them down. Would soldering a solid wire across the + and - leads to complete the loop still power the car?

Looking forward to hopefully having some time to get my cars ready for Saturday! Thanks for great night of racing, everyone! :D

EMU
2010.02.22, 01:32 PM
Al, a simple way to run 3 cells, is to use 3 cells and a blank cell. You can use a weight in its place and run a wire from the +and- terminals where it would normally go... I dont know what the low voltage cutoff is with this board though.

I like the new approach to the post race review... There was lots of Action in that wide B main. If I didnt have to get my car ready for the next race, I would have watched the whole race.

SaiTam
2010.02.22, 01:38 PM
We are all gonna run 2 cell soon:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/Ss5FF3gr-FI/AAAAAAAAClc/pojInzPdH8M/s400/DSC02105.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/Ss5FFcA6OBI/AAAAAAAAClU/dHvHTuJeBKA/s400/DSC02106.JPG

Fifty7
2010.02.22, 01:46 PM
Al - Did you get my email (from my work address). I answered yours from there but apparently I'm having server problems since Friday and i don't know what went out and what didn't.

Fifty7
2010.02.22, 02:02 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/Ss5FF3gr-FI/AAAAAAAAClc/pojInzPdH8M/s400/DSC02105.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/Ss5FFcA6OBI/AAAAAAAAClU/dHvHTuJeBKA/s400/DSC02106.JPG

Oh boy - What's that??

SaiTam
2010.02.22, 02:13 PM
For AWD (LiFE batteries) + brushless setup. I can't wait. Most of my AAA batteries crapped out after serveral months.

The LiFE should be lighter than AAA I hope:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S3E1uKHfu3I/AAAAAAAADzw/xBhttIgJk1Q/s400/DSC00902.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S3XjBS6T77I/AAAAAAAAD1o/xi118P7Bx1k/s400/b7d1615f7ec28586784e6ffb12c788fe.jpg

There will probably be a 86mm MM motor mount with brushless.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S3XjBjZvJgI/AAAAAAAAD1w/aK4XEaoLIu4/s400/c42a993951fde9a1a97403011b5d22df.jpg

egonzalez
2010.02.22, 02:22 PM
Hi everyone! The Winternationals are quickly approaching! Officially, prizes have been donated by Atomic, PN Racing, and Kyosho, and as always, the Action RC Mini-Z Winternationals promises to be another amazing event. There are just a small number of spots still available, so if you are thinking of racing, but haven't formally contacted me to do so, DO SO RIGHT AWAY! There are several people who have been conversing about the Winternats' on this thread and the Winternat's thread who have not let me formally know that they are actually coming, so please let me know ASAP if you have not done so already. (Send me an email or call the track to officially register.) PLEASE DO NOT ASSUME THAT I KNOW YOU ARE COMING!

Hey Al,

I e-mailed you on Sunday...Can I register/pay via PayPal?

egonzalez
2010.02.22, 02:32 PM
For AWD (LiFE batteries) + brushless setup. I can't wait. Most of my AAA batteries crapped out after serveral months.

The LiFE should be lighter than AAA I hope:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S3E1uKHfu3I/AAAAAAAADzw/xBhttIgJk1Q/s400/DSC00902.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S3XjBS6T77I/AAAAAAAAD1o/xi118P7Bx1k/s400/b7d1615f7ec28586784e6ffb12c788fe.jpg

There will probably be a 86mm MM motor mount with brushless.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S3XjBjZvJgI/AAAAAAAAD1w/aK4XEaoLIu4/s400/c42a993951fde9a1a97403011b5d22df.jpg

Sai,
That looks great... But will Mini-z transition to lipo/brushless???? I assume that you’re using the stock boards and that you have some sort of voltage cut off for the lipos? Nice to see some new products on the market from Atomic….. Do you have an ETA of when we will be seeing them in stores?

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 02:48 PM
A brushless Mini-Z - what will they think of next!? I love the idea of an 86mm mid-motor. That would be so cool for the Porsche bodies. :eek:

E Gonz - I didn't get any email fom you. My email address is info@actionRCspeedway.com . That should get it to me. Maybe check the address and make sure it was entered right? The address is also below in my signature. Happy to have you! :D

Marty - The last email I got and responded to was on the 19th when I asked if you had any luck with the Bay deals. Haven't seen any emails from you since. I am getting and sending emails all day, so it's definitely not on my end. :(

Stugotz - Are you going to make it on Saturday? What would the 'Nats be without Stu??? There MUST be a way to get you there and back! You are more than wlecome to stay at Crop's house if that makes it any easier for you.

There are a couple of others on the forum that I am surprised have not registered yet. If you have not registered yet, do so soon!!! I soooo cannot wait to get ready for and run the 'Nats! The closer it gets, the more excited I get!

SaiTam
2010.02.22, 02:58 PM
The LiFE batteries shown are from Kyosho Japan (R246)

The brushless system is a custom project by an unknown person.

Fifty7
2010.02.22, 03:10 PM
Marty - The last email I got and responded to was on the 19th when I asked if you had any luck with the Bay deals. Haven't seen any emails from you since. I am getting and sending emails all day, so it's definitely not on my end. :(

No - Definitely on my end unless it went into your junk bc i used a different email address. i will copy it and send it to you now.

egonzalez
2010.02.22, 03:11 PM
A brushless Mini-Z - what will they think of next!? I love the idea of an 86mm mid-motor. That would be so cool for the Porsche bodies. :eek:

E Gonz - I didn't get any email fom you. My email address is info@actionRCspeedway.com . That should get it to me. Maybe check the address and make sure it was entered right? The address is also below in my signature. Happy to have you! :D

Stugotz - Are you going to make it on Saturday? What would the 'Nats be without Stu??? There MUST be a way to get you there and back! You are more than wlecome to stay at Crop's house if that makes it any easier for you.

There are a couple of others on the forum that I am surprised have not registered yet. If you have not registered yet, do so soon!!! I soooo cannot wait to get ready for and run the 'Nats! The closer it gets, the more excited I get!

Al,

That’s were I sent you the e-mail..... I just finished checking my outbox… Anyway is that the same e-mail that you use for PayPal?

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 03:25 PM
E Gonz - I don't use PayPal, but don't go crazy. You can pay when you come on Saturday. Just email me your name and phone number so I can register you. Not sure why I didn't get your email, unless you had the word "Viagra" in your subject - then it would get automatically deleted! Hahaha!

egonzalez
2010.02.22, 03:31 PM
E Gonz - I don't use PayPal, but don't go crazy. You can pay when you come on Saturday. Just email me your name and phone number so I can register you. Not sure why I didn't get your email, unless you had the word "Viagra" in your subject - then it would get automatically deleted! Hahaha!

I just sent you an e-mail and I received confirmation that the server handling your e-mail has received it…

ActionRC
2010.02.22, 05:07 PM
(Ed's email was spammed by Yahoo for some reason, but I found it and he's coming!) The registrations are pouring in! It's gonna be a BIG race!!! THE LAST FEW SPOTS ARE FILLING UP!!!

KA2AEV
2010.02.22, 07:29 PM

Correct me if I wrong but that looks like 2 cells in each packet?

Atomic-USA
2010.02.22, 07:50 PM
Al,

I may want to run AWD for Narrow. According to your news section on 11/16/09, ATM USA Motor is allowed for AWD Narrow. Please confirm:

http://www.actionrcspeedway.com/news.htm#anchor-WIN

"As many of you know by now (and to answer Jamil), we announced some revisions to the MR015 class for Series 30. The formal rules will be modified shortly. The MR015 class will evolve into a "Narrow Body" class, so you will be able to run the MR03 Narrow, MR02 w/ PN Narrow conversion, or AWD narrow in the new Narrow class. We can continue to call Stock "Stock", but maybe we can come up with better names for these classes. The body rules will be the same, but the new Subaru bodies will flip from the Narrow to Wide class. Motor rules will stay the same for narrow - box stock or 70 turn - but you'll be allowed to run a 60 turn Atomic USA in AWD."

JeremyC
2010.02.22, 08:17 PM
Correct me if I wrong but that looks like 2 cells in each packet?

CQ KA2AEV de N1JER

KA2AEV
2010.02.22, 08:34 PM
CQ KA2AEV de N1JER

N1JER de KA2AEV WOW! Hola Dude!

CDR racing
2010.02.22, 08:44 PM
Al,

I may want to run AWD for Narrow. According to your news section on 11/16/09, ATM USA Motor is allowed for AWD Narrow. Please confirm:

http://www.actionrcspeedway.com/news.htm#anchor-WIN

"As many of you know by now (and to answer Jamil), we announced some revisions to the MR015 class for Series 30. The formal rules will be modified shortly. The MR015 class will evolve into a "Narrow Body" class, so you will be able to run the MR03 Narrow, MR02 w/ PN Narrow conversion, or AWD narrow in the new Narrow class. We can continue to call Stock "Stock", but maybe we can come up with better names for these classes. The body rules will be the same, but the new Subaru bodies will flip from the Narrow to Wide class. Motor rules will stay the same for narrow - box stock or 70 turn - but you'll be allowed to run a 60 turn Atomic USA in AWD."

I don't think the USA is allowed. I think that was an idea a while ago, but it never came to fruition. Anything that is a rule is posted on the official rules page on the site. If its not on there its not legal, as far as I know.

KA2AEV
2010.02.22, 09:08 PM
Crop check your mailbox

jackg
2010.02.22, 09:08 PM
mozzarella sticks make a mini-z go faster:D -j

KA2AEV
2010.02.22, 09:11 PM
So thats what Im doing wrong
All along I thought it was the Fries!:D

tony-q
2010.02.22, 09:32 PM
im looking forward to come over this saturday what classes are you running?

CDR racing
2010.02.22, 09:42 PM
im looking forward to come over this saturday what classes are you running?

This saturday is the Winternat's so send Al an email if you're planning on coming. The classes are Wide Body Stock, Narrow Body Spec, and Pan Car Stock.

tony-q
2010.02.22, 09:49 PM
What motor?
What tipe of body?

CDR racing
2010.02.22, 09:56 PM
What motor?
What tipe of body?

http://www.actionrcspeedway.com/rules.pdf

That lays out all the rules. Wide body means any body that would normally fit an 02, 03 wide, or AWD wide with not modification. Narrow body spec is any body that can not fit a standard 02. This class is Spec, so only box stock or PN 70t motor allowed.

ActionRC
2010.02.23, 03:00 PM
Sai - Wow, you really went back into the archives for that one! It was discussed as such once before, but we never made it an official rule. The USA became a legal motor in the Wide Body class. I thought it was unfair to give the AWD a boost in power. The AWD itself should be the advanatge if deemed as such by the driver, so we left the motors the same.

Jack - Mozzarella sticks make ME go faster! :confused:

Tony - Did you find the answers you wre elooking for in the Rules tab of the website? If you have any questions, please put here, but if you plan to register, you must email me directly. Thanks!

Everyone - At this point we are so close to the capacity of the room(s) that I may not be able to fit walk-ins. I am completely serious in saying that if you are planning to come, you MUST register if you have not already.

See everyone tonight!

Slapstick10
2010.02.23, 03:15 PM
What's the deal? Why are these radios so hard to come by? If the Helios is being replaced by the Euros then why would the Euros be so hard to find?

danny250r
2010.02.23, 04:40 PM
What's the deal? Why are these radios so hard to come by? If the Helios is being replaced by the Euros then why would the Euros be so hard to find?
euros just came out last month .give it some time and they will be everywhere :D

Fifty7
2010.02.23, 06:49 PM
euros just came out last month .give it some time and they will be everywhere :D

Yes but they'll still be too expensive. :eek:

Right now I'm like a little kid at Christmas when you get the toy you wanted but you have no batteries. My module just got delivered but I still have no radio. Waitin on Ebay. :D

EMU
2010.02.23, 09:23 PM
Just wanted to let you know that Rob was using a Eurus last week... with the old Mini-Z module. I wanted to show him a couple tricks with the Helios menus, and the menu looked way different... Then I realized it was the Eurus. The functions look like they do the same thing, just a different display. To me, the Helios is easier to read. Rob said the response was much faster than the Airtronics radio he was using.

Scott, it takes some time for things to trickle to this part of the world. When things are officially released, they are released in Japan, then they usually get here a month or two later. Most new Autoscales and cars take about 2 months from initial release in Japan to the time they are available at local stores. Al is usually ahead of a lot of other places when it comes to getting new bodies and parts.

CDR racing
2010.02.23, 10:21 PM
Hey Guys, just thought I'd let everyone know i put an app for the stickam on f******k, so now you can see the webcam video right on the ARCMS f******k page.!

Fifty7
2010.02.23, 11:06 PM
Just wanted to let you know that Rob was using a Eurus last week... with the old Mini-Z module. I wanted to show him a couple tricks with the Helios menus, and the menu looked way different... Then I realized it was the Eurus. The functions look like they do the same thing, just a different display. To me, the Helios is easier to read. Rob said the response was much faster than the Airtronics radio he was using.

Scott, it takes some time for things to trickle to this part of the world. When things are officially released, they are released in Japan, then they usually get here a month or two later. Most new Autoscales and cars take about 2 months from initial release in Japan to the time they are available at local stores. Al is usually ahead of a lot of other places when it comes to getting new bodies and parts.

I spoke to Richie from Brooklyn. He can't believe the difference in the eurus from the Helios and he didn't even play with any settings yet.

jackg
2010.02.24, 07:35 PM
i cant wait to race but the weather may once again may get in the way. i need to test and the forcast looks grim. i hope they're wrong again:p -j

J-Milz
2010.02.24, 08:04 PM
AHHH! They're bluffing! Its not gonna snow:cool:

egonzalez
2010.02.24, 08:50 PM
i cant wait to race but the weather may once again may get in the way. i need to test and the forcast looks grim. i hope they're wrong again:p -j

Al,

Will there be an alternate race day in the event that we do get hit by this snow storm?

ShortBus
2010.02.24, 10:14 PM
It's supposed to snow on Thursday and Friday - I would have to assume we will all be back to life as normal by Saturday???

CDR racing
2010.02.24, 11:04 PM
It's supposed to snow on Thursday and Friday - I would have to assume we will all be back to life as normal by Saturday???

with the exception of a few of us who will have to shovel that whole parking lot...any takers?:D

KA2AEV
2010.02.24, 11:21 PM
I Volunteer Crop and Lil Mikey:D

GTR driver
2010.02.25, 04:49 AM
I Volunteer Crop and Lil Mikey:D

I nominate lil mikey and johnny D!:p

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 09:03 AM
I nominate lil mikey and johnny D!:p

I second those nominations.

egonzalez
2010.02.25, 09:47 AM
with the exception of a few of us who will have to shovel that whole parking lot...any takers?:D

You guys should start a snow blower fund....:)

SaiTam
2010.02.25, 10:09 AM
Darn snow leaves me and few others with no practice before raceday!

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 10:36 AM
Darn snow leaves me and few others with no practice before raceday!

I hope it's open at all today.

ActionRC
2010.02.25, 12:17 PM
I cannot believe we are getting hit with another massive snowstorm! Here in Queens where I work it is raining more than snowing, and nothing is on the ground. In Staten Island, my wife (Valerie Alswife of the Brooklyn Alswifes) says there is already over 2" on the ground, and it's only 11:50am! Hopefully this means that it started earlier than expected and will end early, so everything should be clear by Saturday. I'll send out emails and update the website in case the snow is an issue, but it doesn't seem that it will be.

Registraton is pretty much full for the Winternationals. I overbooked a bit figuring the snow might be an issue for some, but even if everyone shows, we'll still be fine as far as space. This is by far the largest race attendance we have ever had, so it's going to be an awesome day of great racing! I'll be sending an email to everyone with more details. If you are not on my mailing list, please send me an email letting me know so I can add you.

As far as tonight, we'll have to play it by ear. I would really like to be open so that everyone can have time to prepare (including myself!), but we'll have to see. If it keeps snowing as badly as it is in SI right now, I may have to stay closed. I don't want to be resposible for everyone trying to get there and getting in accidents, etc. The plan is still to open at 11am on Saturday, so you'll have 3 hours to get ready for racing, which should be plenty of time. I will be there Friday night setting up and getting ready.

PS - The leaks by the front windows were fixed yeesterday! Yeaahh! :D

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 01:00 PM
I cannot believe we are getting hit with another massive snowstorm! Here in Queens where I work it is raining more than snowing, and nothing is on the ground. In Staten Island, my wife (Valerie Alswife of the Brooklyn Alswifes) says there is already over 2" on the ground, and it's only 11:50am! Hopefully this means that it started earlier than expected and will end early, so everything should be clear by Saturday. I'll send out emails and update the website in case the snow is an issue, but it doesn't seem that it will be.

Registraton is pretty much full for the Winternationals. I overbooked a bit figuring the snow might be an issue for some, but even if everyone shows, we'll still be fine as far as space. This is by far the largest race attendance we have ever had, so it's going to be an awesome day of great racing! I'll be sending an email to everyone with more details. If you are not on my mailing list, please send me an email letting me know so I can add you.

As far as tonight, we'll have to play it by ear. I would really like to be open so that everyone can have time to prepare (including myself!), but we'll have to see. If it keeps snowing as badly as it is in SI right now, I may have to stay closed. I don't want to be resposible for everyone trying to get there and getting in accidents, etc. The plan is still to open at 11am on Saturday, so you'll have 3 hours to get ready for racing, which should be plenty of time. I will be there Friday night setting up and getting ready.

PS - The leaks by the front windows were fixed yeesterday! Yeaahh! :D

So, no more swimming pools in the pits huh? You want the bad news now. You said it started early so hopefully it ends early. Uhhhh, no. SI Live just updated the forecast to 6 - 14" and not supposed to stop until 6pm Friday. Good luck to everyone going, wish i could be there.

ShortBus
2010.02.25, 01:13 PM
marty - when are you going to take those tires off your snowmobile and return it to it's natural form ??

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 01:42 PM
marty - when are you going to take those tires off your snowmobile and return it to it's natural form ??

I wish i could, i'd be having so much fun with it. That thing will not move a foot in the snow. I probably wouldn't even get it out of my yard.

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 03:25 PM
AHHH! They're bluffing! Its not gonna snow:cool:

I hope you're a better cop than a meteorologist.:p

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 03:28 PM
I hope you're a better cop than a meteorologist.:p

Why?? A meteorologist never has to be right.

ShortBus
2010.02.25, 03:29 PM
Don't know what it looks like in SI, but here in Jersey we have maybe 2" of slush on the grass, all roads around me are clear, maybe tonight will be a different story - who knows???

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 03:49 PM
Why?? A meteorologist never has to be right.

Haha he's got the two best jobs then. One job pays play with guns, play with the sirens in the squad car, and eat donuts. The other pays to be wrong all the time. (Note: Jamil please do not confuse the two, this can be very dangerous:D)

SaiTam
2010.02.25, 04:06 PM
How are approximately 40 parked cars going to fit with the snow mountains?

Cherub1m
2010.02.25, 04:12 PM
Are you guys racing tonight

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 04:40 PM
How are approximately 40 parked cars going to fit with the snow mountains?

First of All, It will be far less than 40 cars. (Me and my father in one, Eugene and Shafiq, etc.) Second, the snow is all piled up against a pole towards the street side, so they are out of the way of any parking spots. There is also room around the side of the building if needed.

tony-q
2010.02.25, 04:40 PM
hey al i sent you a pm for registration. did you git it? am i registered?

Cherub1m
2010.02.25, 04:42 PM
how about tonight? any racing going on tonight?

ActionRC
2010.02.25, 04:44 PM
I don't know, guys. I'm leaving work now, and I'll see how it is in SI when I get home - if I ever get home. I'll call Crop if I am stuck in traffic, and he'll put a note up on the forum. (Maybe Jeff could even update the website. I'll be in touch with them if it takes me forever from Queens and I decide to close. This is a tough call.) Val just told me the last forcast she saw has the snow stopping Saturday at 10am!!!

J-Milz
2010.02.25, 04:49 PM
Dam you motha nature!!!!

Ps: with both jobs, if I'm right or wrong I'm still right and nothing u can do about it. Mwahhhaaahhhh!!! I'll just cover it up anyway. Just kidding.

ShortBus
2010.02.25, 04:51 PM
Al, just shoot me a txt msg and I can update the web site at any time this evening. The weather channel is saying 4-6" tonight and another 1-3" tomorrow with another a possible inch Friday night for me here in Jersey. I'm only 20 minutes west of the track.

Jeff

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 04:55 PM
hey al i sent you a pm for registration. did you git it? am i registered?

Tony, for the future, don't use PM's to contact Al. He doesn't always read them, his email address is in the signature of all his posts, so use that, he's on his email all day. I think I remember him posting somewhere that he got it and that you are in tho.

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 04:55 PM
Dam you motha nature!!!!

Don't you mean Lil' Mikey?:D

KA2AEV
2010.02.25, 05:06 PM
don't you mean lil' mikey?:d

ouch :d

Slapstick10
2010.02.25, 05:06 PM
Al - if you open we will come!

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 05:19 PM
Al - if you open we will come!

yes we are lemmings. I'll come if I don't have to shovel the parking lot.

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 05:22 PM
Check out the new avatar <<<. Had to do some digging to find a picture of Jr. after a win. And yes thats a burn out not him about to hit the wall, figured I'd catch it before one of you Wise @$$es did.(Marty:rolleyes:)

Nycellphones
2010.02.25, 05:32 PM
I really hope that a couple of flurrys is not gonna stop us from racing tonight,, What else is there to do?,,

Sit home drink hot chocolate?

Bring the shovels ill shovel!!
: )

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 05:41 PM
Check out the new avatar <<<. Had to do some digging to find a picture of Jr. after a win. And yes thats a burn out not him about to hit the wall, figured I'd catch it before one of you Wise @$$es did.(Marty:rolleyes:)

lol i'll llet this one go.

OK i just got home from the city. It really isn't that bad driving. I got home in 90 minutes which is just about what it normally takes me.

And i'm not just saying this because my Helios and module have arrived.

Please open...please please please.:D:D:D

ShortBus
2010.02.25, 05:56 PM
Marty - didn't you read the book? It states it must rest 48-72hrs after being shipped

Mikey Crash
2010.02.25, 06:31 PM
Still waiting to see if ActionRC is open tonight before I make the trip over....

tony-q
2010.02.25, 06:32 PM
Tony, for the future, don't use PM's to contact Al. He doesn't always read them, his email address is in the signature of all his posts, so use that, he's on his email all day. I think I remember him posting somewhere that he got it and that you are in tho.

thanks for the info

Fifty7
2010.02.25, 06:39 PM
Marty - didn't you read the book? It states it must rest 48-72hrs after being shipped

Nope but it may take that long to figure out the settings.

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 06:41 PM
Still waiting to see if ActionRC is open tonight before I make the trip over....

No word that it's closed, and Al said he would post if he was closing, so I'm assuming its open.

KA2AEV
2010.02.25, 07:15 PM
So, no more swimming pools in the pits huh? You want the bad news now. You said it started early so hopefully it ends early. Uhhhh, no. SI Live just updated the forecast to 6 - 14" and not supposed to stop until 6pm Friday. Good luck to everyone going, wish i could be there.

Can I get a refund on my Pool Pass???:rolleyes:

CDR racing
2010.02.25, 10:40 PM
Woohoo! St. Joe's is closed again tomorrow. Well more time to work on the cars and get the track set up...Lucky me!

J-Milz
2010.02.25, 10:56 PM
Was the track open tonight? Whats the deal for Sat?

ShortBus
2010.02.25, 11:11 PM
I think it was open?? Especially since Al never contacted me for a closure post on the web site.

Personally, I think we are fine for Saturday providing the lot gets plowed out.

Can't wait to watch you spin those 22's son !!

Jeff

EMU
2010.02.26, 12:17 AM
Nope but it may take that long to figure out the settings.Marty, one trick is that you can adjust the endpoints the same way that you do on the KT-18. Turn the wheel to select the direction, then adjust the endpoint/balance with the steering trim adjustment switch. Im not sure if throttle can be done the same way.

First of All, It will be far less than 40 cars. (Me and my father in one, Eugene and Shafiq, etc.) Second, the snow is all piled up against a pole towards the street side, so they are out of the way of any parking spots. There is also room around the side of the building if needed.Shafiq is not going to be able to attend the race (works until 6pm). I am either going to travel with Sai, or take the train/ferry/train...

Fifty7
2010.02.26, 09:50 AM
Marty, one trick is that you can adjust the endpoints the same way that you do on the KT-18. Turn the wheel to select the direction, then adjust the endpoint/balance with the steering trim adjustment switch. Im not sure if throttle can be done the same way.

Yeah that kind of stuff i'm ok with and i'm good at reading directions to figure stuff out. The problem is i could figure out how to adjust the steering (and throttle) speed, curve, punch, and anything else it does but i dont know why i'm doing it or what its supposed to do:eek:. Guess i have some experimenting and practicing to do.

The radio definitely hurt me last night but just bc i really dont know how to use it yet, otherwise it felt great. I think i made some good adjustments and it felt good before the main until i got Lil Mikey'd in turn 1 Lap 1 and drove the whole race with a broken T plate just not to give up and accept the goose egg, that was reserved for Mikey.:p

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

CDR racing
2010.02.26, 09:55 AM
Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that as Sai pointed out a while ago, last week the chat feature on the stickam feed was not working unless you signed up for a stickam account. I contacted Stickam, and they changed the "DOB" on the account, so everything is working fine now.

Cherub1m
2010.02.26, 10:39 AM
Nice night of racing last night guys. also nice to get home by 11:25pm

I need some better front end set up for both the 03 and the 02. Both car race ok just had a little problem with the front end bouncing. I have a fairly simple set up:

03:

tried red, purple, green and yellow front spring less bounce with the softer springs but got to much steering with softer springs. the rear end has a stock gear diff and stock LM plastic damper plate and PN v4 98-102 mm motor mount with a third hole made further back(4mm) to fit the LM damper plate and used #1 shore lube on damper plates. This set up worked great at MHS and NYRC and it worked nice at Action RC but just did not expect that front end bounce

similar set up except I have pn damper system with soft red spring both upper and lower and set with very little preload and used #1 shore lube on damper plates, pn 98-102mm v4 motor mount and gear diff, front end has 2 degree camber and has yellow springs with no preload I had plenty of on power and off power steering but the bounce made things a bit harder to keep a tight line.

Lets hope the snow dies down:D

SaiTam
2010.02.26, 11:18 AM
Maybe it's just me but ever since I used Reflex 03 kingpin I don't notice front end bounce; although I have yet to test this at ActionRC.

J-Milz
2010.02.26, 11:19 AM
Yeah that kind of stuff i'm ok with and i'm good at reading directions to figure stuff out. The problem is i could figure out how to adjust the steering (and throttle) speed, curve, punch, and anything else it does but i dont know why i'm doing it or what its supposed to do:eek:. Guess i have some experimenting and practicing to do.

The radio definitely hurt me last night but just bc i really dont know how to use it yet, otherwise it felt great. I think i made some good adjustments and it felt good before the main until i got Lil Mikey'd in turn 1 Lap 1 and drove the whole race with a broken T plate just not to give up and accept the goose egg, that was reserved for Mikey.:p

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.Marty, I copied Eugene's settings exactly, and that put me in a general ballpark. From there I made minor adjustments to where it's perfect for me. I'll be happy to "hook ya up" pal. ;)

ActionRC
2010.02.26, 11:22 AM
Hey, everyone. I am trying to decide what to do for the Winternationals. I just called the trophy place - they're finishing them and closing early, but the owner will take them home so I can pick them up at his house. I am checking w/ UPS and USPS on the HKS and Kyosho packages - both of which are prizes. I am checking on snow, which could be an issue for everyone. I have about 12" on the ground right now (11:15), and it's still coming down with no end in sight until tomorrow per Fox 5, which has the best weather. I'll have to make a decision later - especially once I know if the prizes are arriving. This snow really messed things up. I'll keep everyone posted on the forum and on email, but I think it's still too early to call. In the worst case, I'll postpone the Winternationals for two weeks (because I cannot do it next weekend) and we'll run normal points racing tomorrow. That way, if anyone wants to race, I am not depending on prizes or any deliveries, and it gives me more time to deal with the snow, both for people's safety, parking, and clearing it out of the way so people don't fall/slip. I'll let everyone know for sure later in the day when I know if UPS and USPS are coming with the prizes. So far, both are still scheduled for today. (I know there are actually a few people who want the race to be postponed so they could actually attend!)

The lot is pretty big, but the snow will cut into it more than it still is already from the last snowfall. There are also a few side streets to park on. Stay tuned! :mad:

We did race last night, so thank you to everyone who came down to race. We had a smaller than normal crowd, but not terrible, and had a $70 pot! Great to have Richie and some of the Brooklyn Hobbies guys running well and getting ready for the big race - if it happens. Again, I will keep everyone updated throughout the day once I have additional information. I apologize for not knowing yet, but it's mostly up to UPS, UPSP, and Mother Nature right now - and they're all alot more powerful than Action RC!

CDR racing
2010.02.26, 01:01 PM
Idk Staten Island looks pretty good right now. The sun is out, snow is melting a little bit,and all the roads look fine. I vote for racing tomorrow!

Cherub1m
2010.02.26, 01:39 PM
Idk Staten Island looks pretty good right now. The sun is out, snow is melting a little bit,and all the roads look fine. I vote for racing tomorrow!

Edison looks pretty good right now also. Sun is out and blue sky is showing and the snow is starting to melt. I second that vote :D

ShortBus
2010.02.26, 03:02 PM
Marty - do you want me basic setup options? If so, send me a PM over on f******k.

Jeff

CDR racing
2010.02.26, 03:10 PM
I just drove by the track on my way to go get some lunch. It doesn't look all that bad. It hasn't been plowed yet, but its only a couple inches deep, so its actually not terrible. Assuming the prizes come, I'm all for running the Nat's tomorrow.

Fifty7
2010.02.26, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the offers to help setup the radio. I will definately take you up on it next time were there together. For now, without asking anyone to sit here and write a novel for me is there anywhere you know of where I can look up what the different settings are supposed to do? Some of them are self explanatory but some of them seem like they do almost the same thing.

ActionRC
2010.02.26, 04:13 PM
Hey, everyone. Unfortunately, I must postpone the Action RC Mini Speedway Mini-Z Winternationals scheduled for tomorrow, February 27th. Obviously, the snow was a factor, and the worst of the snow seems to be over. The main reason for the postponement is that UPS stopped all regular deliveries for today, so all of the prizes and merchandise that were schedule to arrive today that I need to run the race did not. Kyosho, one of the main sponsors of the race, donated a large number of prizes, some of them sizeable, and I just cannot see running the event and not having the prizes that have always made my Winter and Summernationals so special. (Honestly, it might be time to switch to a Spring and Fall Nationals after this!)

The new date for the Winternationals will be March 13th - two weeks from the original date of tomorrow's race. I hope this gives everyone enough time to adjust their plans - again. I will hold all positions that were full, so if you are registered for tomorrow's race but will not be able to make it on the 13th, please let me know right away to open up your spot for another driver.

On a positive note, we will run normal points racing tomorrow, so if you're schedule was clear already, COME RACING ANYWAY for our normal 3:00 practice and 6:00 racing sessions.

I apologize to everyone who this effects in any negative way. I know some of you made adjustments to your normal plans to clear tomorrow for racing. (I also know some of you that could not clear your schedules are very happy right now!) Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for points racing!

PS - I did my best to look through all other forums to look for any other events that might conflict with this date, but did not see any. If I am incorrect, please let me know ASAP.

Needless to say, this was a difficult decision, and I thank you all for your undertanding. :(

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
4465 Arthur Kill Rd
SI, NY 10309
www.actionRCspeedway.com
info@actionRCspeedway.com

J-Milz
2010.02.26, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the offers to help setup the radio. I will definately take you up on it next time were there together. For now, without asking anyone to sit here and write a novel for me is there anywhere you know of where I can look up what the different settings are supposed to do? Some of them are self explanatory but some of them seem like they do almost the same thing.

Hey Marty, have you tried reading the instruction manual?

Fifty7
2010.02.26, 11:03 PM
(I also know some of you that could not clear your schedules are very happy right now!)
Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
4465 Arthur Kill Rd
SI, NY 10309
www.actionRCspeedway.com
info@actionRCspeedway.com

I can go I can Go!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Hey Marty, have you tried reading the instruction manual?

Yes i did but it's not explained really well. I can figure out how to make the changes but i still dont know why i'm making them:rolleyes:

Now does anyone have an AM module they want to part with?

jackg
2010.02.27, 03:13 PM
i will be at the track about 5. i am waiting for these waves from the earthquake in Chili this morning to hit the shores of Cali and the Hawaiian islands. supposed to be about 4pm est. i hope its nothing big but it seems impossible to tell the size of the final wave when it reaches the shore-only that there is a set crossing the pacific now. -j

hpotter
2010.02.28, 04:47 AM
Jeff, I want that Filet O'Fish :p

Dylanmck46
2010.02.28, 10:23 AM
Hi all . . . new to this.

I got an MR-02 AM set last month and would like to make it a 2.4ghz and upgrade to a nice radio . . . currently, all I've done is upgrade my tires and add a firm T-Plate. How would I best upgrade to 2.4 and a better radio (like a KO Propo) and what should I expect that to cost?

Thanks!

J-Milz
2010.02.28, 11:57 AM
Hi all . . . new to this.

I got an MR-02 AM set last month and would like to make it a 2.4ghz and upgrade to a nice radio . . . currently, all I've done is upgrade my tires and add a firm T-Plate. How would I best upgrade to 2.4 and a better radio (like a KO Propo) and what should I expect that to cost?

Thanks!

The price of an 02 board is about $70 bucks, and is fairly simple to swap out. You'll need some patience and a screw driver. The 03 board is about $10 higher. The 03 board will fit but you'll need to swap the servo motor, and that is where it becomes brain surgery. Check this thread (#5503) about the radios. The Eurus is top dog, but for a beginner again you'll need a PHD just to drive the thing,because the instruction manual is like a novel. Marty just bought a EX10 and is havin troubles with the settings. In my opinion, if you just bought the car recently, AM is fine for now. Nat and Jonathan makes it to the A main with AM all of the time.

Mike Haynes
2010.02.28, 12:14 PM
Maybe it's just me but ever since I used Reflex 03 kingpin I don't notice front end bounce; although I have yet to test this at ActionRC.

This is true if you use washers under the knuckle to lower ride height...the stock kingpin is not long enough and the upper arm will stick on the area the c clip should have gone. If you run the c clip there is not enough travel.

ShortBus
2010.02.28, 03:33 PM
just give me that fish.....

TomSr
2010.02.28, 03:52 PM

Great race last night Jeff. I just didn't have enough steam to catch up to you again for 3rd in that final lap. Not only an exciting 7 minutes but very clean door to door racing the whole way. I think the top 4 all finished on the same lap and 5th place was only slightly behind us. One of the best races I've ever been in.

ShortBus
2010.02.28, 04:25 PM
TomSr - I couldn't agree more, and it was even better watching it again today !! I never realized just how tight 1-4 really was :eek:

Crop - great job capturing all the action and playing restroom attendant. Duece-Bigalow's dad would have been proud of you.

Potter - gimme back my filet-o-fish !!

PN - thanks for building a durable pan-car to make it threw 7 minutes of "gold-dusting" :)

Jack - BTW great fries !!

Just another great night of racing at Action RC Mini-Speedway :D

J-Milz
2010.02.28, 04:37 PM
Goldust!!!!!

Cherub1m
2010.03.01, 01:35 AM
This is true if you use washers under the knuckle to lower ride height...the stock kingpin is not long enough and the upper arm will stick on the area the c clip should have gone. If you run the c clip there is not enough travel.

I finally ran green springs and used some #1 shore lube on the damper plate and that seem to calm to front end down. I may have to try those kingpins. In short, this past sat. my 02/03 was calmer, but it was to loose, so, I use my AWD and did much better with it. However, I feel if I need to make my 02/03 much more consistent to improve my average time.

KA2AEV
2010.03.01, 08:33 AM
STOP
I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD!!!:eek:just give me that fish.....

Fifty7
2010.03.01, 11:47 AM
The price of an 02 board is about $70 bucks, and is fairly simple to swap out. You'll need some patience and a screw driver. The 03 board is about $10 higher. The 03 board will fit but you'll need to swap the servo motor, and that is where it becomes brain surgery. Check this thread (#5503) about the radios. The Eurus is top dog, but for a beginner again you'll need a PHD just to drive the thing,because the instruction manual is like a novel. Marty just bought a EX10 and is havin troubles with the settings. In my opinion, if you just bought the car recently, AM is fine for now. Nat and Jonathan makes it to the A main with AM all of the time.

I wouldn't say "having trouble" i would say its more like doesn't know what he's doing.
Really though i love the feel of the radio and look forward to learning what all the bells & whistles do. I think whoever has it is also happy with the EX1-UR. I just didnt like the way it fit my hands.

ActionRC
2010.03.01, 05:31 PM
Did I miss the filet-of-fish joke? Fill me in!

Marty - Are they divorced yet? I knew you and Adam above all would be very happy about the postponement. So far, Jim is the only guy who cannot come on the 13th because he'll be on a cruise. Poor him! Boo hoo hoo!

Dylan - My opinion: Leave your AM car as is. Spend a little extra and get an MR03 and keep it cheap for now with a KT18 radio. That way, you'll have an extra car so you can run more than one class. It'll cost a little more, but you'll get double the race-time. An extra AM MR02 makes a great pan car, NASCAR, narrowd Narrow Spec car, or spec-body 3rd class car, and as Jamil said, two of my fastest guys still run AM MR02's at the top of the Stock A.

Potter - You're up to 18 posts!

Well, despite the postponement of the Winternationals, Saturday night turned out to be a great night of racing! We had a nice turnout, and some great racing. Here are some of the highlites:

Wide Body Stock
A Main: Philip came in from NJ to show us NY guys a thing or two! Crop and Eugene gave him a great chase, and they all finished on the same lap just seconds apart! Crop almost caught Philip, but timed out at 36/5.00.19! Eugene was just under a half lap down, but coming on strong. Crop almost had the win! Tom came in 4th, I came in 5th, and Danny finished 6th.

B Main: This was a fun one to watch! Nat lead from 1-29, with Shafiq climbing his way from 6th to second at lap 14. Nat bobbled with just 3 laps to go with an 18 second lap, and Shafiq got by! Right behind them was Jeff and Tom Sr, and all four finished on 32 laps! Jamil was right there with 31, but one 17 second lap ruined his chances at the lead lap and a chance for at least 4th. Jack made the B, but had some rough laps that dropped him to the back of the pack quickly. Fortunately for him, his chicken wings rocked!

C Main: This was a great battle between Lil' Mikey and Dominick. They swapped the lead at the counter 8 times, plus numerous times on the track! Dom had the lead with just 3 laps to go, and then disaster struck and he had a 24 second lap! Mikey never looked back, and Dominick was devastated. Aaah, the emotions of the C Main. It was intense. Great improvement, Dom.

Narrow Body Spec
A Main: Eugene dominated, again. The end. (However, the battle for second was crazy! Tom and Philip battled for 2nd, with Crop right behind. Nat and Jeff had a great battle for 4th.)

B Main: Jamil took the win with a 31 lap run with a fantastic GTR. The battle for 2nd was between Tom Sr, Shafiq, and me, and we finished in that order within 8 seconds of each other, all with 30 laps. Tom Sr lead most of this race until Jamil got by on lap 21. Great race!

Pan Car
A Main: Tom loves Pan Car. He's said it before, and he'll say it again. He blew everyone away by 2 laps! Crop took 2nd over Nat by just 7 seconds. Shafiq was right there for 4th, and Eugene's car was awful for a change. Time for a 2WD!

B Main: I qualified on the pole and took the win, but not without a fierce challenge. Lil' Mikey ran awesome, and lead 1-5. Then Jamil, who's car is normally awful, took the lead fom 6-17. Then Jeff came out of nowhere and lead 18-27, but in the end, the bright orange Home Depot Pan Car, driven by yours truly, got by Jeff and took the win with just 3 laps to go! It was a great race, even if I didn't win - but I did! Hahahaha! Dominick had a decent run even with 2 really bad laps, finishing 3 laps down. Golddust, well, he was Golddust. He did have a great time, and practice will get him much better. I made some adjustments to his radio when racing was over, and the car felt much better. Keep at it, Golddust.

Looking forward to a fun Test and Tune Tuesday!

KA2AEV
2010.03.01, 05:40 PM

Crank This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csrPT9ClVUc

:D:D:D

ActionRC
2010.03.01, 06:22 PM
Oookkaayyyyy.

Jamil - Check out the points on the website. We have some gangin' up to do on Tom Sr!

KA2AEV
2010.03.01, 06:47 PM
Oookkaayyyyy.

Jamil - Check out the points on the website. We have some gangin' up to do on Tom Sr!

They're not updated yet:confused::confused::confused:

Fifty7
2010.03.01, 08:15 PM
They're not updated yet:confused::confused::confused:

Yes they are.

Al. What time does the actual racing start for the Nats? Yes I have something on that day too but I'm coming

J-Milz
2010.03.01, 08:19 PM
OHHH Yeahhh!!! Little do you know I paid off lil Mikey to go after you guys for now on!

CDR racing
2010.03.01, 08:22 PM
Yes they are.

Al. What time does the actual racing start for the Nats? Yes I have something on that day too but I'm coming

I think he said he's moving it up two hours, practice at 9 and racing starts at noon.

KA2AEV
2010.03.01, 09:07 PM
Yes they are.

Where are you guys looking?
I"m looking at the ARC site and clicking on the Points at the bottom left
and they show only two weeks and nothing for Feb, 27th!

I'm so confused:confused::eek::confused::eek:

KA2AEV
2010.03.01, 09:09 PM
OHHH Yeahhh!!! Little do you know I paid off lil Mikey to go after you guys for now on!

I was wondering where he got all that money from:eek:
So that was what Golddust was talking about, He said wait til
next week for what'll happen to Al!:eek::eek::D

Fifty7
2010.03.01, 09:16 PM
I think he said he's moving it up two hours, practice at 9 and racing starts at noon.

If your not joking I'm gonna start thinking conspiracy:eek::eek::eek:

I'm going to the intrepid at 10am with my sons Boy Scout Troop and have no idea how long of a trip it is but i dont think its more than a couple of hours.

EMU
2010.03.01, 09:27 PM
Where is the Intrepid these days? Is it back in Manhattan? Make sure you know where the ship is before you head out for it ;)

CDR racing
2010.03.01, 10:02 PM
Where is the Intrepid these days? Is it back in Manhattan? Make sure you know where the ship is before you head out for it ;)

I believe it was just moved to the Arthur Kill near the outerbridge:D

KA2AEV
2010.03.01, 10:05 PM
I believe it was just moved to the Arthur Kill near the outerbridge:D

Crop you're a sick puppy:D:eek::D

Fifty7
2010.03.01, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the laughs Emu and Crop. Goodnight.

danny250r
2010.03.02, 04:22 PM

west side hwy near javits center

EMU
2010.03.02, 05:05 PM
I can walk there in about 15 minutes :P Marty, let me know if theres anything good to check out. I havent been to the Intrepid since Fleet Week 2000...

KA2AEV
2010.03.02, 10:19 PM
I can walk there in about 15 minutes :P Marty, let me know if theres anything good to check out. I havent been to the Intrepid since Fleet Week 2000...

I haven't been there is a awhile either but
Supposedly they added a bunch of new stuff
and made it alot better as a museum:)

Fifty7
2010.03.03, 08:18 AM

They did a complete renovation while it was in Staten Island but i hope to run through it and get back to the island as quick as possible.

ActionRC
2010.03.03, 05:11 PM
I did move the time up to 9am practice and 12pm racing. I'll be sending a formal email to everyone tomorrow. We would have been running very late if I started as planned originally. "Ill planning." Hahaha! (I can't believe you have plans again, Marty! Miss the first round of qualifying - no big deal.)

The email later will have a lot more info about the race. Check your emails, and I'll copy here as well.

ActionRC
2010.03.03, 05:33 PM
Hi, everyone! As you all know by now, the Winternationals event was postponed from February 27th to March 13th. It seems that this worked out well for many people, and most people that were scheduled to come are still coming. I am holding spots for the original people that were registered already. If you cannot attend the new date, please let me know ASAP so that I could open up your spot for someone else. If you are coming, even if you were registered for the 27th, and have not told me already that you can make it on the 13th, please let me know. I want to be 100% sure that I have spots for everyone, and your assistance is necessary to make sure everyone is accomodated.

Ten things to know about the race...

1) The time has been changed to 9:00am open, and 12:00pm racing. This will allow us to get the racing completed in a more reasonable time. (Thanks, Adam.)
2) I could use about 5 more tables. If anyone has a table that they could bring, that would be helpful. Please let me know ahead of time if you think you can bring one. (Pits will be set up in the back room as well.)
3) Please bring a power strip.
4) Pit towels or mats are mandatory! (You MUST buy one if you do not bring one.)
5) Space will be very limited, so please try not bring guests that would be staying with you all day if possible. There will not be space available in the pits for them to sit with you. It would probably be a good idea to keep small children home, as it will be very crowded, and the little ones get a bit restless after several hours. (I know this is delicate thing to request without sounding mean, but it's more a matter of space, safety, racer comfort, and keeping the event running smoothly.)
6) Bagels and juice will be on the house in the morning as always!
7) I have reserved a limited number of Kyosho MZW38-20 rear radial tires for everyone. I have 50 pairs held for the 'Nats. These tires are very popular, and I would like to make sure that everyone gets at least one pair for at least the Wide Stock class. If you need a set, let me know and I'll make a note of it to hold one for you. If I could hold two sets per person, I will. I will also have plenty of PN 6° Rear radials on hand as well, which are also very popular and very good at ARC.
8) In addition to trophies being awarded for the winners of all Mains, additional trophies for Best Marshal and Best Painter are being awarded. Let's see what you guys can do!
9) All of the prizes have been received! We've got T-shirts, decals, parts, bodies, and TWO Kyosho Mini-Z Readysets to give away!!!
10) Since the lot is ground level with the entrance, you can keep anything you want in your car and get it immediately. Please keep stuff in the pits to a minimum. This is also true of lighting. If you do bring a light, please use a low-voltage light, preferably an LED light.

Special thanks to all of the Winternational's sponsors, including...Kyosho America http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/
PN Racing http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/index.php
Atomic http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/
3c Grafx http://www.3c-designs.webs.com/
MikeLDesigns.com http://www.mikeldesigns.com/
Macho Nacho

The sponsors are critical to running the great events that we always have, and I think all of them tremendously for their help and support.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Again, please confirm your registration for March 13th if you have not done so already. Racers registered for the 2/27 race have first dibs on the available spots, but I need confirmation to officially hold. Thanks!

See you all on March 13th!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
4465 Arthur Kill Rd
Staten Island, NY 10309
718-317-5420
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Fifty7
2010.03.03, 05:47 PM
1) The time has been changed to 9:00am open, and 12:00pm racing. This will allow us to get the racing completed in a more reasonable time. (Thanks, Adam.)

So I have Adam to "thank". I'll be sure to do that.:D

Can anyone tell me how much I should pay for a new AM module and not get ripped off?

See everyone tomorrow.

EMU
2010.03.03, 08:37 PM
I have Adam to thank for having to leave at 6:00am if I want to get there when the track opens... :rolleyes:

I may have to bail on this race for a family event... I will keep you posted.

sjm324
2010.03.03, 09:36 PM
Oh boy look what i started....it was just a sugestion i did not think al would follow thru :)....with the potential of 40 racers running multiple classes makes for a long day.

Eugene, i could pick you up from the ferry if it will make it easier for you.

Marty, i paid about $60 for my am module for my 3pk

ActionRC
2010.03.05, 02:07 PM
Adam - It was a good idea to make the event earlier. It's going to be a jam-packed day, so the earlier time will help to end at a reasonable time, and give time to hopefully hit Killmeyers after the race for anyone who's interested! :D

Eugene - You are more than welcome to crash at my house the night before if it makes it easier for you - if you can get your priorities straight and put the race before your parents. I'll be at the track getting ready that Friday night, but you're welcome to hang out and help - you just can't drive the track! ;)

Great night of racing last night! We had a nice turnout, a few surprises, and a lot of fun. Here's the recap:

A Main: Tom did everything he could to stay on the lead lap, and he did (not without LOTS of cmplaints!), but Rob took the big win with 35 laps. Tom was on the tail end of the lead lap, and I had just barey lost a second lap to Rob, but I stayed on Tom's lap. I had a descent run, finishing in 3rd, as did Jim and Lil' Mikey. Lil' Mikey made the A again, and ran REALLY well, finishing just one second behind Jim and taking the "non-goose egg" $3 last place prize. Lil' M actually qualified 4th, ahead of Jim, and - ahead of Nat and Marty, who made the B!

B Main: Jamil took the win with 31 laps, and Nat was 15 seconds back but barely on the lead lap. Nat is still having servo gear problems, and we are trying to get to the bottom of that. the real battle was between Dominick and Kevin for 3rd. Dominick "The Dominator" took 3rd with just 4 laps to go, and beat Kev by just 1.01 seconds! Marty did not have the best of runs, and finished last, also on 29 with Dom and Kev.

C Main: Great battle between Mike L, Tim, and Scott for the win. Mike lead 1-3, Scott lead 4-12, Tim lead 13-22, and Mike took the lead again and never looked back with just 4 laps to go. Paul and Al J battled for 4th the whole race, and Johnny Virus rounded out the running order.

Looking forward to Saturday Points Racing!

hpotter
2010.03.05, 02:39 PM
Hey Nat, if you see this go to the General Discussion/Micellaneous Discussion thread and read the post from Leonen under "Help MR 03 servo gears". He was having a similar problem and posted pictures of the gear he was breaking (is this the same gear your breaking?) His solution was to turn down the travel to 60-70 on the helios--but I don't know how you would do that with the KT-18 or why you'd have to. Kyosho and some un-named others (aftermarket parts companies) better revamp their quality control divisions--turning out a lot toilet bowl material lately but thats just one mans opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Mini-Z Racer.com or associated forum threads :) (Jumps off soapbox and continues to fix his 'crap' MR 03--oh sorry, meant finely crafted, precision RC equipment).

EMU
2010.03.05, 03:06 PM
Tom, To lower the steering on the KT-18, you hold the wheel in the direction that you want to adjust, and use the steering trim adjustment. In the direction that you are turning the wheel will increase steering angle, opposite decreases it.

With my Helios, I have 60 for my max with the dual rate/steering travel. I usually adjust the steering balance to the point that I dont hear the servo get to full lock. Most track layouts I use less steering angle than what the car is capable of. I like less scrub on the tire, and find that the car tends to push a little more if the steering angle is too high.

This was also a problem with the old MR01. I broke a bunch of gears before I realised that I had to lower the steering angle.

The steering limit for the ASF cars is 70, the throttle limit is 60. Think of those numbers as being 100%. This is something that was stated by KO. I usually use about 65 for throttle, but that is because I usually have a curve on my throttle. Steering I have no curve.

Al, I havent heard yet about next Saturday... I will keep you posted as to whether I can come or not.

Fifty7
2010.03.05, 04:33 PM
Tom - I will be working on my finely made piece tonight as well. Seriously though, I like mine. My problem is not with the little car, it was with a little person last week and I can't figure out what might have broken.

Eugene - just curious. If your max dual is at 60 and you have no curve set in the steering what adjustment do you use if you need a little more or less steering? Tom explained some settings to me last night but I didn't get to play with it too much because I was trying to figure out what might be broken.
Also, is there a setting on the radio for making the car roll more or less when you get off throttle. My understanding is the throttle brake adjustment is only for when you actually apply brake and not when you go to neutral. Correct?

hpotter
2010.03.05, 04:58 PM
Tom, To lower the steering on the KT-18, you hold the wheel in the direction that you want to adjust, and use the steering trim adjustment. In the direction that you are turning the wheel will increase steering angle, opposite decreases it.

With my Helios, I have 60 for my max with the dual rate/steering travel. I usually adjust the steering balance to the point that I dont hear the servo get to full lock. Most track layouts I use less steering angle than what the car is capable of. I like less scrub on the tire, and find that the car tends to push a little more if the steering angle is too high.

This was also a problem with the old MR01. I broke a bunch of gears before I realised that I had to lower the steering angle.

The steering limit for the ASF cars is 70, the throttle limit is 60. Think of those numbers as being 100%. This is something that was stated by KO. I usually use about 65 for throttle, but that is because I usually have a curve on my throttle. Steering I have no curve.

Al, I havent heard yet about next Saturday... I will keep you posted as to whether I can come or not.

Thanks for the info about lowering the steering on the KT-18. I also have the same limits as you do (Using my EX1-UR), I just didn't remember how to do it for the KT-18, because me and Nat have been trying to figure out why he keeps busting the same same servo gear after a few minutes on the track. He has replaced all the gears and servo saver like 4-5 times already and its been like this since he took it out of the box. Do you think you have to lower the steering out of the box to prevent the gears from breaking with the stock radio??

KA2AEV
2010.03.05, 05:16 PM
Adam -

but I stayed on Tom's lap. I had a descent run, finishing in 3rd, as did Jim and Lil' Mikey.

\[/I]

Hummmmmmm,
Al staying on Tom's lap while Jim and Mike chased them???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ShortBus
2010.03.05, 06:08 PM
Marty - sending you my settings on FB shortly

CDR racing
2010.03.05, 07:56 PM
Woohoo...Dale Jr on the pole! Sadly this is probably about as rare as a win.

lfisminiz
2010.03.05, 09:38 PM
Fifty7 (Marty). If you have or know somebody that has the ICS setting card/adapter, they can program your board for more or less drag brake. It works pretty good.;)

ShortBus
2010.03.05, 09:56 PM
Crop - who's pole is Dale Jr on?

GTR driver
2010.03.06, 02:27 AM
Hey Nat, if you see this go to the General Discussion/Micellaneous Discussion thread and read the post from Leonen under "Help MR 03 servo gears". He was having a similar problem and posted pictures of the gear he was breaking (is this the same gear your breaking?) His solution was to turn down the travel to 60-70 on the helios--but I don't know how you would do that with the KT-18 or why you'd have to. Kyosho and some un-named others (aftermarket parts companies) better revamp their quality control divisions--turning out a lot toilet bowl material lately but thats just one mans opinion and in no way reflects the opinions of Mini-Z Racer.com or associated forum threads :) (Jumps off soapbox and continues to fix his 'crap' MR 03--oh sorry, meant finely crafted, precision RC equipment).

I just seen the pictures. Thats the same gear, I'll swap it out one more time and try and lower the steering end points. Anyone that needs to change out there servo gears in the future. I could do it in record time! Trust me, I got plenty of practice. :p

EMU
2010.03.06, 03:00 AM
Marty, as Larry said, you need to adjust drag brake on the PCB of the ASF car. MR03 cars require a different card for the handheld setting adapter, which I dont have (I have the adapter with standard ASF card, not MR03 card). I do have the USB connector, to plug it into a computer, but you need to have the drivers and program installed in the computer as well.

With that said, you can make very slight adjustments with throttle trim. However, you are limited with the ability to engage reverse. So it is very limited adjustment. I usually have my throttle trim slightly forward with a 70t and slightly back with almost any other motor. All of my cars have virtual inertia disabled (most drag brake).

Im thinking that is the problem with my AWD pan car, when I get off the throttle, it just wants to turn, even when I dont make adjustments. There is so much front end downforce. I am almost allways on throttle with it. With 2wd cars, I cant stand virtual inertia. I like the feel the response of the car, and control the attitude of the car in the corner with the throttle.

To answer your question, I usually try to balance my steering with the steering balance function. So that the car turns the same radius (steering angle) to both directions. Once I have that set, I adjust the dual rate/steering travel with the upper thumb switch. I also have my lower thumb button set to full reverse. This way I can lower my reverse on the trigger for use on the brakes (brake adjustment is done on the switch to the right of the wheel). This way, if I get into a board, I can reverse faster. It can also be used in the opposite direction, as a turbo button for faster motors that are too fast in the infield (so you can lower the endpoint on the trigger, and still have full speed on the straight) ;)

Tom, I havent used the KT-18 in a long time, and when I did use it, I only used it a few times. I believe that you have to lower the steering even stock out of the box. I remember the throttle feeling like it was an on/off switch until I adjusted the hipoint.

Sounds like the cars a dud :eek: you can give it to me if its too much of a headache :rolleyes:

lfisminiz
2010.03.06, 10:11 AM
Eugene/Marty, ill have my 03 adapter/card with next Saturday if you guys need to use it.:)

mleemor60
2010.03.06, 10:18 AM
Larry. Do you have the 03 card for the hand held unit? If so what is the source so I can pick one up.

lfisminiz
2010.03.06, 11:43 AM
I got it awhile ago at rcmini-z .com........Japan.

Fifty7
2010.03.06, 11:55 AM
Thanks alot guys. See you soon.

KA2AEV
2010.03.06, 01:06 PM

Oh No, here we go again
Al on Tom's Lap, Now Dale Jr. on someones Pole?:eek:

What is going on here?:D:D:D

CDR racing
2010.03.06, 02:07 PM

Hey hey come on now, this isn't Talladega Nights!:D

ShortBus
2010.03.07, 01:00 AM
Crop - just say "I love crepes" and I will leave Dale Jr alone.....

CDR racing
2010.03.07, 01:57 AM

Let's settle this on the track. I'm going to beat you with my formula un.

KA2AEV
2010.03.07, 12:20 PM
Hey hey come on now, this isn't Talladega Nights!:D

After hearing someone (Who shall remain nameless) scream get off my face
Im not so sure:D:D:D

EMU
2010.03.07, 03:08 PM

Dale Jr. looks like a crepe.

CDR racing
2010.03.07, 04:40 PM
Dale Jr. looks like he could've lost to some of those birthday party kids this morning. This is ridiculous.

ActionRC
2010.03.08, 09:29 AM
Anyone see the race yesterday??? Four words: "Have at it, boys." That's what the NASCAR VP of Competition said at the start of the season, with NASCAR wanting more drama, increased competition, more rivalries, etc. They wanted it to go back 'old school' after people were upset that they banned bump drafting at Daytona. The problem they are in now is if they do not fine or park Carl Edwards, they are not setting the example of where the line can be crossed. If they do fine him, they contradict what they said at the beginning of the season. They did say that there was a line that could be crossed, and I think yesterday the 99 went over the line - whatever that is. You can clearly see CE turn right, and he did not deny that he did it on purpose in the post-race interview. He just didn't intend to send him into the air - and possibly into the grandstands. Someone - either Keselowski or a fan - coul have been killed. The way the 12 landed, it crushed both sides of the roll cage. (Funny - I made the same move on Crop 3/4 down the back straight in Narrow Spec - only I missed hima nd put MYSELF into the wall!)

I did see the Kobalt commercial yesterday that I thought was real on youtube on Saturday, as Mike texted me about yesterday. I am such a sucker.

Saturday had some great racing. I'll put some details up later today (it's only 9:30am), but I can honestly say that the race I had with Adam and Mike (and others) in the B Main was the greatest race I have ever driven in!

Fifty7
2010.03.08, 12:59 PM
Anyone see the race yesterday??? Four words: "Have at it, boys." That's what the NASCAR VP of Competition said at the start of the season, with NASCAR wanting more drama, increased competition, more rivalries, etc. They wanted it to go back 'old school' after people were upset that they banned bump drafting at Daytona. The problem they are in now is if they do not fine or park Carl Edwards, they are not setting the example of where the line can be crossed. If they do fine him, they contradict what they said at the beginning of the season. They did say that there was a line that could be crossed, and I think yesterday the 99 went over the line - whatever that is. You can clearly see CE turn right, and he did not deny that he did it on purpose in the post-race interview. He just didn't intend to send him into the air - and possibly into the grandstands. Someone - either Keselowski or a fan - coul have been killed. The way the 12 landed, it crushed both sides of the roll cage. (Funny - I made the same move on Crop 3/4 down the back straight in Narrow Spec - only I missed hima nd put MYSELF into the wall!)

I did see the Kobalt commercial yesterday that I thought was real on youtube on Saturday, as Mike texted me about yesterday. I am such a sucker.

Saturday had some great racing. I'll put some details up later today (it's only 9:30am), but I can honestly say that the race I had with Adam and Mike (and others) in the B Main was the greatest race I have ever driven in!

I am now a C.E. fan!! Finally something to back up those commercials saying the gloves are off, you aint seen nothin yet, its gonna get crazy. Now they're gonna punish him?? I think they should give him bonus points for taking out the little punk that wrecks everybody. Did you see him try to get him a couple of laps before and miss? He almost did put himself into the wall. :eek: Not that i care who's fault it was, but did you see the 1st incident that took Carl out? What do you think?

I had a good laugh (sorry it was at your expense) when i saw that commercial.:p

Crop - Good thing Junior started on the pole, think about how much further back he would have finished if he started in his regular spot.:D

LogicBytes
2010.03.08, 02:34 PM
You can clearly see CE turn right, and he did not deny that he did it on purpose in the post-race interview. He just didn't intend to send him into the air - and possibly into the grandstands.

No he sure didn't deny it he even insinuated that because of this maybe Keselowski and him wouldn't have any more incidents. which basically in my minds says yea I did it and you better think twice before you make a stupid move driving around me.

That was an awesome race. Probably the best I had in stock class.

ActionRC
2010.03.08, 05:24 PM
The problem with the first incident was that Joey Logano was taken out in the process, and he is running so well in the points right now. I hated to see him get mixed up with two cars that aren't in the top 12.

Saturday night had some really Action-packed races! Here are the highlites:

Wide Body Stock
A Main
Great battle between Tom and Eugene - especially when Tom did everything he could to stay on the lead lap with just seconds to go. (He did!) Crop was just 5 seconds back to Tom for 3rd, and Nat finished in 4th. Eugene had only one qualifier, TQ'd, and won the A! Great car!

B Main
This was the race of all races! So many lead changes!
Lap 1: Me
Laps 2-4: Mike
Laps 5-15: Adam
Lap 16: Me
Lap 17-22: Adam
Laps 22-32: Me...
...and Mike was catching back up to us the entire time. The three of us finished within 5 seconds of each other! Shafiq was on our lap too, but just missed the extra lap when it all came down to last lap errors, and there were none! It was great!!! Jamil had a great run and was just one lap down, and Tom Sr was just 2 laps down - just missing Jamil's lap by .46 seconds. This race was incredible. (Look at Tom Sr's weekly points, which are updated on the website now! No matter how many drivers there are, he keeps getting the same points.)

C Main
Dominick "The Dominator" takes the win over John L by two laps. He is quickly becoming a bubble boy, and improving steadily. The beginner group will not be beginner for long! Lil' Mikey started out strong in qualifiers, but left early because his molar was practically falling out of his head. I have still never seen a tooth look like that in my life!!! It was like looking in a cave! I was waiting for bats to fly out of it!

Narrow Spec
A Main
Eugene beat Tom - again. Tom was 11 seconds back. Jamil's car looks great, and took him to a 3rd place victory over Mike by 9 seconds. Tom Sr and Nat finished 5th and 6th.

B Main
Crop and I battled for the entire race. He made the extra lap, and I missed it by .68 seconds - the exact amount of time I lost by trying to punt him into the boards and slamming myself into the wall. Will I learn from my mistake, behave, and never do it again? No. I will just aim better in two weeks. I beat Shafiq for 2nd by just 3/4 of a second! Dom finished a respectable 4th, followed by Scott, Golddust, and Richie L, who raced his first race night.

Pan Car
A Main
Tom in Pinkie Lite beat Crop by just 3.69 seconds! Nat barely finished on the lead lap, and Shafiq and Mike S rounded out 4th and 5th.

B Main
Eugene beat Adam by just 1.19 seconds! Eugene did not qualify well, and did not make the A. Again, I just missed being one lap down by just .68 seconds. (I always JUST miss the extra lap!) Again - Dominator had a respectable 4th. He is running so well, especially in Narrow and Pan. Golddust finished 5th, with a body that was perfect while mine was shattered with yellow paint! :mad: :D

A very fun night! Can't wait until the Winternationals Saturday!!

CDR racing
2010.03.08, 06:34 PM
As for Edwards, I think he went WAY over the line yesterday. Regardless of whether Keselowski deserved the hit or not, (which he probably did, and Edwards deserved one too, they've both been at fault in most of their mix ups.) no body deserves to be injured or killed because they're a "punk" and a hack behind the wheel. I understand that edwards didn't try to send the car on its roof and into the fence, but everyone knows these cars get up in the air easily, and to deliberately make a right hand turn at the peak of the straight away is just flat out idiotic. I don't know what it is with edwards, he comes across as a very mild mannered guy most of the time, but when he snaps he snaps big time, and gets a very nasty violent streak in him. A couple years ago Edwards got parked because of a Nationwide incident with Jr. Jr took out edwards, the race came under caution, Edwards flew down pit road at high speed, came out and hit Jr. in the door as he was making a pace lap and had his hand out the window, nearly hitting his hand. It's not too often that Edwards gets really ticked at people, but he needs to learn to control himself when he does. I agree NASCAR should let guys take things into their own hands, but guys have to be responsible about how they do it. Wait till you get into the corner when you are on the banking and going slower, then tap his bumper and spin him. You don't make a right in the middle of the straight. As hater would say, "DUMB."

KA2AEV
2010.03.08, 11:13 PM
Just got done watching SPEEDTV's "Whats the Deal?" and think I missed something with this Edwards Vs Keselowski thing.

I know that Keselowski messed with Edwards back at Bristol awhile ago and seems like there is some bad blood between them.
Did Keselowski go at Edwards earlier in the race that I missed?

I have to agree with you Crop that Edwards did show some regret that
someone in the stands could have gotten hurt, but I think that he made more of a statement towards Keselowski to think about whats going to happen the next time you csrew with me or made he used him as an example to ge his message across to one of the other drivers?

Seems to me that this type of issue should have been settled in the garage
after the race between the two and not out on the track. However the
two announcers did make a good point that this thing did get NASCAR
all over the news and many people will be watching the next race to see
if anything else will develope from this!

KA2AEV
2010.03.08, 11:15 PM
Forgot to mention that they also announced that NASCAR is really thinking
about taking some major disiplinary actions against Edwards for this stunt
which they said will be announced within two days!

CDR racing
2010.03.08, 11:35 PM
Good, I hope they do take some serious disciplinary action. Regardless of who's at fault and who did what to lead up to this, Edwards took it to another level that racing should never come too, its too dangerous. If any message is going to be sent or any one is going to be made an example, it will be Edwards not Keselowski. Edwards took the whole NASCAR "hands off approach" with an arrogant attitude that NASCAR can't touch him. The only message sent here will be Nascar saying just cuz we took our hands off doesn't mean we disappeared. It's a shame that this has to be the first major event of the year, since this is going to define Nascar's new philosophy, and they will catch a lot of crap for turning racing in to a free for all.

Fifty7
2010.03.09, 08:01 AM
Just got done watching SPEEDTV's "Whats the Deal?" and think I missed something with this Edwards Vs Keselowski thing.

I know that Keselowski messed with Edwards back at Bristol awhile ago and seems like there is some bad blood between them.
Did Keselowski go at Edwards earlier in the race that I missed?

They got into each other on lap 40 (which also got Edwards into Logano) but as much as i don't like him, i didn't think it was Brad's fault. It was more of Edwards thinking the kid should've backed off and let him in. The thing for me was Brad stayed right down on the yellow line and Edwards came down on him, yes he could've backed off but does he have to?

jackg
2010.03.09, 09:27 AM
here's my 2cents- when i was watching the Datona 500 pre-race show I remember the big deal the writers(the guys who tell the announcers 90% of what they're gonna say) making a very big deal about "gloves are off" and "have at it boys!". It seemed odd to me they would take that angle and then i remembed- Nascar needs new customers. my opinion at the time was they were trying to make racing into the WWF.You know-make some youtube moments happen and generate new awarness and interest in the sport. I think it worked too good. Classic backfire...If you are a race fan & have watched Nascar for years you will agree these guys will take eachother out, hit cars in the pits, throw helmets, ect. they need no encouragement to freak out. The drivers wouldn't care if it was the Walt Disney little mermaid cup-as long as there is big money to win they would just race, certain racers will get angry and stuff happens. Poking these dogs through the fence with a stick was the wrong move and downright dangerous. I think Nascar could have let it's " hands off" attitude show in how it handled fights and incidents as they happened-not come out and announce "HEY NO RULES!!-GO NUTS" before the season even starts. Can you imagine if Al told us "the rules are not so important tonight..." lil mikey would be in a hanging tree-wedgie before the second round of qualifing. :eek: -j

KA2AEV
2010.03.09, 10:22 AM
They got into each other on lap 40 (which also got Edwards into Logano) but as much as i don't like him, i didn't think it was Brad's fault. It was more of Edwards thinking the kid should've backed off and let him in. The thing for me was Brad stayed right down on the yellow line and Edwards came down on him, yes he could've backed off but does he have to?

If Brad had the line it was his spot, even tho Edwards is a bigger name (and ego, from what I am learning about the guy)
With him, it was probably hey I've been in this sport longer so you move outta my way rookie...
It a sad state of thinking but we have all seen it in other sports with bigger names that have brough their downfalls

KA2AEV
2010.03.09, 10:24 AM
Can you imagine if Al told us "the rules are not so important tonight..." lil mikey would be in a hanging tree-wedgie before the second round of qualifing. :eek: -j

Im not so sure Lil Mouthy needs Al to say that to have him get into that mode:eek:

J-Milz
2010.03.09, 11:34 AM
Who is responsible for changing this thread to NASCAR nation? :confused:

Fifty7
2010.03.09, 03:16 PM
What a punishment he got :D

CDR racing
2010.03.09, 05:12 PM
I think Nascar could have let it's " hands off" attitude show in how it handled fights and incidents as they happened-not come out and announce "HEY NO RULES!!-GO NUTS" before the season even starts. Can you imagine if Al told us "the rules are not so important tonight..." lil mikey would be in a hanging tree-wedgie before the second round of qualifing. :eek: -j

I think up until today, NASCAR hadn't said no rules go nuts, but today's punishment makes it seem like that is what they're saying. 3 races probation? This is a rivalry that has been brewing for a couple years, and 3 races is gunna change that? Oooh im sure Carl is crapping his pants right now. Gimme a break NASCAR. The issue here isn't that Carl took Brad out. If that's all that happened, i say no punishment at all, and that's your hands off idea right there. The issue is that Edwards put Brad's and hundreds of fans lives in danger. Whether or not he meant to flip the car doesn't matter, he made a stupid and dangerous decision that everyone watching knew that car was going up in the air as soon as he got hit, and I'm sure Edwards had it at least in the back of his mind. Michael Jackson's doctor isn't gettin away with "Well i just tried to put him to sleep, but he ended up dying." so why is Edwards getting away with something similar? Shame on NASCAR for making it about the $$$ and not about saftey. All I can say is thank god my seats for dover aren't in row two anymore :D

KA2AEV
2010.03.09, 10:47 PM
What a punishment he got :D

Man you are so right
What a Joke
NASCAR should be embarrassed of themselves:eek:

EMU
2010.03.09, 11:10 PM
I heard that the state may press charges for wreckless endangerment against Edwards...

JeremyC
2010.03.10, 12:35 PM
ActionRC has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Al; I just found out that I can't make the race this weekend... There is something I just can't get out of :(

Fifty7
2010.03.10, 01:48 PM
ActionRC has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Al; I just found out that I can't make the race this weekend... There is something I just can't get out of :(

Jeremy,

Chances are Al hasn't seen the messages that are there. I know he has said in the past to email him instead of using the pm's here, they are very easy to miss unless you're looking for them. The email address is listed as part of his signature on his posts.

ActionRC
2010.03.10, 01:58 PM
Jeremy - That stinks that you can't make it. You're going to miss an awesome race! I just cleared my 50 PM's. Those are all the ones I ever had in all these years. I don't like the whole PM feature, so I never use it, and never deleted any.

Jamil - The Carl Edwards story is not your typical NASCAR story. It is being covered on World News Tonight, CNN, The Early Show, and even Nightline - and the crash happened 3 days ago! This story goes way beyond two guys bumping fenders and one getting spun. This was an intentional crash at a very inappropriate time/place/speed, with a sanctioning body telling the drivers it's okay to take justice into your own hands. Also, the guilty party is the same guy whose car flew into a catch fence last year in a similar accident, and when parts flew off the car a girl's face was shattered.

This became a moral issue throughout the entire sports world. In any sport, if one athlete intentionally hits someone or acts aggressively to another athlete, especially if that person were seriously hurt or killed, there are major repurcussions - possibly criminal, as Eugene mentioned. There have been issues in sports before where possible criminal charges were raised (boxing and hockey, especially), and this one is possibly borderline as well, so it's a pretty big deal on many levels for the entire sports world. There have been hockey players who were pressed with charges in certain markets for assault! Nascar's decision to only penalize Edwards by putting him on probation for three races calls to the public that NASCAR is allowing a sort of Wild West mentality, which is fine until the public could be at risk if a 3500 pound object traveling at almost 200 mph lands in a crowd of thousands. Personally, the fact that hockey allows fights to continue until they hit the ice is far worse to me, but we're used to that by now, and it doesn't impact the crowd. All I know is I cannot wait until Bristol on the 21st!

Ed - I saw your PM. As many will attest here, we have plenty of room for beginner drivers, and the 70 turn Narrow Spec class is a great class for new drivers. Your friend should have no reason to feel like she'd be in the way, so have no worries. Besides, Golddust needs some competiton! :)

IF YOU HAVE NOT OFFICIALLY RE-REGISTERED FOR SATURDAY'S RACE, PLEASE DO SO IMMEDIATELY. THERE ARE SEVERAL DRIVERS THAT I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM TO KNOW IF THEY ARE COMING ON THE 13th. THANKS!

Kevin S.
2010.03.10, 03:15 PM
3 More Days Until The Winternationals :D

CDR racing
2010.03.10, 03:26 PM
Ed - I saw your PM. As many will attest here, we have plenty of room for beginner drivers, and the 70 turn Narrow Spec class is a great class for new drivers. Your friend should have no reason to feel like she'd be in the way, so have no worries. Besides, Golddust needs some competiton! :)

SHE? when did this become a part of the Action RC vocabulary? :o

KA2AEV
2010.03.10, 05:16 PM
SHE? when did this become a part of the Action RC vocabulary? :o

Can you say sexual discrimination suit?:D:D:D

Besides, what would Danica say?:eek:

KA2AEV
2010.03.10, 07:43 PM
Jeremy -
Besides, Golddust needs some competiton! :)

I][/B]

Im sure that Jamil will be very happy to know that Golddust won't be after him now!:D:D:D

J-Milz
2010.03.10, 08:10 PM
Don't jump to conclusions! She could be a A-main'r. Now all we need is a Kung Fu midget to go after lil mouthy!

KA2AEV
2010.03.10, 11:44 PM
Boodgie, Boodgie, Boodgie Boys
Lets Go Racing!:D:D:D