PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

philly123
2010.04.15, 12:44 AM
Hey Phil, we should team up :p I have only DNF'd 3 times in the last 2 years :eek:

I should be teamed up with Shafiq, however, I dont know when he would get there, which means I would have drive by myself for at least 2 hours before he gets there. A 3 person team may be better for us... Jack, Im open for applications :)

Thatd be fun bc then Id run your batteries!! Charging those batts at 3 amps lol. I dont think I ever charged higher than 1 amp. My charger heats cells up easily so i cant go much higher than that. Not sure why though bc my Mv is set at 5.

EMU
2010.04.15, 02:25 AM
Mine is set at 4mv... I dont do a full charge at 3A, just top them off after charging at 1A on the Maha wizardone. My DTX Orion charger isnt as good as your LRP, so I have to charge more aggressively. I still need to get a good compact AC/DC charger that charges and analizes cells better, and also has LiPo/LiFe capabilities. Most of my charges peak around 7v at 2.5-3v. If I were to charge at a higher mv peak detect, I would surely overheat the cells.

The aluminum tray does help to dissipate the heat as well, so if your not using one, you may want to try one... My secondary would be the stick, since there is no resistance between the cells, and no cell sitting on either side, so they wont bake eachother...

I usually use high amperage charging to save time, over gaining speed. I would probably be just as fast charging at 1.5A with a 10mv peak, but I can put cells in the charger at the beginning of heat 1 just before I go out to marshall, and they will be good for heat 3.

Just remember that hot cells are faster than cool cells, so waiting for them to cool after charging will make them run slow. If they are too hot (cant hold them) then you are charging too aggressively. The cells that Johnathan ran for narrow in my MR03 were Orion 900's that were cool, charged half an hour before he used them. He said they were slow...

Jedi Master Jew
2010.04.15, 08:38 AM
Hey guys it's me Andrew the new guy. If anybody is comin from Queens or near Jamaica that can gimme a ride tonight for gift card racing. I got $20 to whoever can give the ride. Only if it's convienent though if not it's all good.

Slapstick10
2010.04.15, 09:28 AM
Let's get the facts right my friends
1 blown motor
2 fried the board
3 lost a few tires

these are just a few of the problems I had at the last enduro!
Mike I would love to be partners with you again however my fate lies in al's hands.
I am so ready to redeem myself!
In fact thinking about it now the only thing that worked right on my car was the batteries!!!! Too funny!

Oh by the way did you here Tom won the pan car!!

ShortBus
2010.04.15, 11:08 AM
WOW - Crop is a SPAMMER :eek:

ActionRC
2010.04.15, 11:15 AM
I am really looking forward to gift card racing tonight and for the enduro on Saturday! I love enduros - I am so excited!

I know everyone wants to know who their partners are, but I have no way to know what the teams will be until I see who is there. That's why I asked everyone to let me know by at least 4:30 on Saturday if they are coming. I'll have one card per team reburned and ready to go so we can start promptly at 6, and we'll make the teams up and the computer ready by 5:00. Depending on the # of participants and time of arrival, that will also be a factor in determining teams.

There was some discussion as to whether we should have teams that include members of different divisions, or if all team members should be from the same division. I think team members should be from the same division to keep the competition more even, and eliminate the issue of certain drivers running more than others. This also eliminates time management on my end, which leads to a much easier and smoother night because we can just let the clock run without having to watch it. I just hope I can set Core to go 360 minutes! We'll all help decide what the teams should be, even if some teams are three person and some are two, to keep them as even as possible. It's gonna be awesome!

Eugene - I think Shafiq said he couldn't make it, but I'll be happy to pick you up at the train.

Pucho - I was unable to get an AWD 2.4 board from ERI, so I'll have to get it for next week in my Kyosho order. Sorry. You can always pickup an MR03 and a Perfex (or "Prefex" as Stugotz would say) and you're good to go.

Andrew - I work in Ozone Park, and I leave work at 5pm. I'd be happy to get you to Staten Island. I normally go home first, change, eat, and then leave. You are more than welcome to hitch a ride, but getting home would be an issue.

Scott - I think I'll make Lou, Richie, and Joe your partners! :p

6000 posts - Big Vin would be proud!

Fifty7
2010.04.15, 12:54 PM
Andrew - I work in Ozone Park, and I leave work at 5pm. I'd be happy to get you to Staten Island. I normally go home first, change, eat, and then leave. You are more than welcome to hitch a ride, but getting home would be an issue.

So Valerie Alswife is making dinner for the racers. Cool, what time? I'm usually home by 5 so I'll run around the corner and help get setup. ;)

Slapstick10
2010.04.15, 02:20 PM
Good luck al getting them there! If I stay in the c main I request mr mike Sam as a partner. I owe him a good run!!!!

ActionRC
2010.04.15, 04:59 PM
Andrew - It's 4:50, and I just checked email and the forum to see if I could get you. I'm heading out now, so I guess I missed you for tonight. Hope you'll still find a way to get to ARCMS. Too bad - I think we're having tacos! :D

We also would have went to Marty's for desert!

CDR racing
2010.04.15, 04:59 PM
Excuse me sir, you double posted. That means that you, my friend, are... a SPAMMER!!! I should contact a moderator, and have your post removed... which, would give me the 6000th post :D

Wow, Im prettys sure this the largest thread on this forum. Followed by the MHS thread. Us NY/NJ people talk more crap online than anyone else ;)

Oh shut up, you got your trophy, let me have my moment. Lol :D

EMU
2010.04.15, 05:22 PM
Oh shut up, you got your trophy, let me have my moment. Lol :D

You just did, you now have 300 posts ;)

Fifty7
2010.04.16, 07:56 AM
Last night. WOW!!!! That's it, just WOW!!:D:eek::mad:

jackg
2010.04.16, 08:52 AM
what'd I miss?? -j

ShortBus
2010.04.16, 10:25 AM
A-Main was bascially a "pack" of cars from start to finish. Everyone but Rob finished within 4-6 seconds of eachother. It was the same for every qualifier as well !!!

Fifty7
2010.04.16, 10:40 AM
A-Main was bascially a "pack" of cars from start to finish. Everyone but Rob finished within 4-6 seconds of eachother. It was the same for every qualifier as well !!!

Yup, it was absolutely the best racing I've ever been involved in. Like Jeff said, 4 races in a row with 4 - 5 cars bumper to bumper for 5 -7 minutes and finishing so close to each other. For something that is just for fun (and it was) and nothing at stake it was very intense.

J-Milz
2010.04.16, 10:44 AM
Marty, nothing at stake? It was gift card racing.... It was for at least $5 bucks :D I missed a good one huh?

ShortBus
2010.04.16, 11:05 AM
In the event that I am able to race on Saturday, does anyone have an Enzo clip I can use? It's for the original Enzo and not the FXX.

Kevin S.
2010.04.16, 11:12 AM
Yup, it was absolutely the best racing I've ever been involved in. Like Jeff said, 4 races in a row with 4 - 5 cars bumper to bumper for 5 -7 minutes and finishing so close to each other. For something that is just for fun (and it was) and nothing at stake it was very intense.

Awesome racing last night by everyone. I could not believe how intese the A races were last night. All 4 races were so close. Everyone finishing within seconds of eachother. It was definitley a fun one for me to watch.

Fifty7
2010.04.16, 11:20 AM
In the event that I am able to race on Saturday, does anyone have an Enzo clip I can use? It's for the original Enzo and not the FXX.

I think that was my first car, in which case the clip is in my box somewhere. I'm not racing Saturday but i could probably either swing by and drop it off or get it to Al at home (if he don't mind). I will look when i get home and send you a FB email.

Fifty7
2010.04.16, 11:21 AM
Marty, nothing at stake? It was gift card racing.... It was for at least $5 bucks :D I missed a good one huh?

OK, Nothing at stake for the first three and a goose egg for the Main but a certain track owner claimed that egg.;)

TomSr
2010.04.16, 11:24 AM

Jeff - I'm not racing Saturday but I just pulled original Enzo clips from my pit box (both plastic and alum) and will give to Crop to bring with him for you.

ShortBus
2010.04.16, 11:41 AM
Awesome - thanks Tom Sr !!!!!!

ActionRC
2010.04.16, 05:10 PM
Racing was amazing last night! This track is so set up for close racing because you're racing each other - not the track - yet the track still requires skill and patience to get around cleanly. It's an open layout specifically designed for the enduro - I love it! 2nd - 5th all finished within just 6 seconds! Marty, Nat, Tom, and Jeff were so amazingly close during the entire race. I believe that was the largest, closest group I have ever seen. Very cool to watch - even though I was in it! Rob was ahead of the pack by a lap or two at times, and I was behind in last by the same amount. Great run by all - except me! g0000se egg!

Jeff - I have an Enzo clip also that you can borrow, and I have new ones on the hooks if you need one for good.

Those who missed racing last night missed a GREAT event, but hopefully everyone will be down tomorrow night for the BIG ENDURO!!! See you all then!!! Can't wait!!!

Jedi Master Jew
2010.04.16, 05:26 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the help last night. Not to worry im working on my car as we speak. Ill try to see if i can make it out for the Enduro since i am off of work.

KA2AEV
2010.04.16, 09:59 PM
Racing was amazing last night!

Those who missed racing last night missed a GREAT event, but hopefully everyone will be down tomorrow night for the BIG ENDURO!!! See you all then!!! Can't wait!!!

Stopped by last night after I got off work
Just wanted to thank Scott and Al for saving me a couple of Tacos
Tasted Great!:D
Everyone looked impressive on that track

Im alittle confused tho,
Who won the Pan Car Championship?:D

KA2AEV
2010.04.16, 10:01 PM
WOW - Crop is a SPAMMER :eek:

WOW Im shocked!:eek:
I was thinking he was spending alittle too much time playing with that
computer, Now we know why!:D

Crop you should be ashamed of yourself:rolleyes:

Jedi Master Jew
2010.04.17, 05:09 AM
Well i got the car up and running better than ever. See ya guys soon.

rajiex
2010.04.17, 11:15 AM
Al,

I might stop in for some laps during practice. Did you get my stuff yet?

PadrinoNY
2010.04.17, 11:38 AM
Hope no one minds but I will be going out to watch some of the enduro this afternoon since I took off today for bed rest ;) (freakin allergies). Al thanks I can wait I want to make sure that my baby is set right but I will deffinitley be picking up an 03 soon just need to make sure of a few things here at home. Hey by the way if anyone is in need of a desktop PC I bought one for my sister in laws a couple of weeks ago and (what they wanted was a laptop oh well) I have it up for sale I paid $250 for it needs a monitor to complete... I figured I let the locals know before I Flebay or Craigslist it.... See you guys there....

Fifty7
2010.04.17, 12:09 PM
Hey Al - First time in 5 years!!!!! Look who won the pole!!!!!!!1:D:D

PadrinoNY
2010.04.17, 12:28 PM
isn't Stewart like Al's favorite driver. Oh boy:eek: that is going to be the talk of the evening...

Fifty7
2010.04.17, 12:39 PM
isn't Stewart like Al's favorite driver. Oh boy:eek: that is going to be the talk of the evening...

yup, mine too

jackg
2010.04.18, 01:38 AM
After 6 hours just over one lap difference. Congrats to Al, Scott and Dominick-great run. Thanks to Emu for the front clip. awesome run by the Phil-Crop-Nat team. -j

hpotter
2010.04.18, 02:45 AM
After 6 hours just over one lap difference. Congrats to Al, Scott and Dominick-great run. Thanks to Emu for the front clip. awesome run by the Phil-Crop-Nat team. -j

Ahem that would be Phil, Crop and Tom team thank you very much :D. Oh we prefer to go by Team GU-DOTY!! :cool:. Great run by Team EMU Baba-Luu and his Mini-Z Minions :) (Jeff and Nat). 12 hr enduro anyone??

philly123
2010.04.18, 03:04 AM
Ahem that would be Phil, Crop and Tom team thank you very much :D. Oh we prefer to go by Team GU-DOTY!! :cool:. Great run by Team EMU Baba-Luu and his Mini-Z Minions :) (Jeff and Nat). 12 hr enduro anyone??

Team Gu-Doty. Great run by the B group drivers. After about 5 hours of racing they were actually battling for the lead. Great job. Im down for a 12 hour, just not sure if my body is ok with it lol.

jackg
2010.04.18, 11:27 AM
sorry Tom-how could I forget the other twin 430GT:eek: .12 hours is no problem-lets get some stools to sit on.-j

J-Milz
2010.04.18, 04:08 PM
Looks as if I missed another good one. Wife, and her Jedi guilt game mind tricks!!:mad:

EMU
2010.04.18, 05:19 PM
It would have been great if you were there Jamil... It was intense, lots of battling.

I would have say that Gu-Doty had taken the advantage from the start, Phil got an early lead that JEN was not able to regain. We tried to go for longer runs, and less pit stops... Although our pace was similar, we had a couple hiccups. I lost a motor wire, Jeff had a wierd slowdown for a stint... Nat seemed to run consistantly, without hiccups. My car was shredding rear tires. Of course, the only available tire was the PN 6d radial. One battery pack, and they were done. Although, I did double stint them... with rather poor results the second run. Once they get above a certain temperature, for an extended period of time, they wear at an extreme rate. My diff was a little tighter than it should have been, but I was very easy on the throttle, if I wasnt, the car would instantly spin out. For a sprint, the diff would have been perfect, but after the 7-8 minute mark, grip had gone down on the rear tires as heat built up and the diff tightened up a bit. If I ran the diff loose on the start, it would be good mid-end of the stint, but I would lose runtime with all of the early slipping...

Im not sure what the longest was, but I am pretty sure that I had a stint around 40 minutes, at least... During that stint, I race Crop, Tom and Phil :) Not only is the ATM Stock BB motor is one of the most efficient motors, but it gets up to speed fast, then I would coast and save LOTS of battery on the straight and shoots... I used 3 brand new packs of Orion 750HV that I have been holding for a little while, I charged slow on Friday (1A), then peaked slow and trickled until I needed them. With a faster motor, I didnt want or need punch, I needed runtime, which I got.

I went through 4 different sets of rear tires... and I was driving very conservatively, trying to save batt and tires. Scott, sorry for the bumps... Although, I think I hit Shafiq more than you, if that matters :P The car was a little difficult to drive later in the stints without rear grip, guess I have to work on a different Enduro setup that isnt as reliant on tires.

Lots of fun, looking forward to the next one. I hope its one car per team ;) Or at least one body...

PadrinoNY
2010.04.19, 02:14 PM
why couldn't it be Tuesday..... See you guys tomorrow cause thanx to the locals again I got my awd running just got to run some tests and work out some bugs...... Can't wait till Saturday looks like i'll be joining the new point series LM here I come.....

PadrinoNY
2010.04.19, 02:18 PM
hey does anyone here know if the moderators or admin would mine if I post in the marketplace rc stuff here to support my Z habit? IE: soldering iron set and such things like that

ActionRC
2010.04.19, 02:38 PM
Saturday night's enduro goes down in my mind as the greatest enduro ever! Swapping cards between drivers was a great and quick way to get drivers back out on the track,a nd made pit stops fun. The time flew by, and I still cannot believe that after 6 hours of racing, the Division 2 teams finished on the same lap just 6 seconds apart! (Shafiq just missed the last lap by just 2.36 seconds while he was chasing Scott!)

Here are the official results:
DIVISION 1
1) Team Gu-Doty (Phil, Crop, Tom)
1885 laps, 11.46 pace
2) Team JEN (Jeff, Eugene, Nat)
1858 laps, 11.63 pace

DIVISION 2
1) SAD Racing (Scott, Al, Dominick)
1691 laps, 360:08.89, 12.78 pace
2) JSM Racing (Jack, Shafiq, Mario)
1690 laps, 360:02.36, 12.78 pace

It was so great to see how teams strategized, planned pits, quickly filled in for other teammates when there was a mechanical problem, etc. There were certainly drivers that were missed, but hopefully they'll make it next time. The driving switched off so often that if a team member got tired, someone was usually ready right away to cover, so definitely do NOT be intimidated . This was one of the most fun and challenging racing experiences that I have ever had, and I cannot wait to do it again!

The new point series starts this Saturday, April 24th, with LM being the third class! Don't miss Saturday and get your cars ready this week!

EMU
2010.04.19, 06:59 PM
The Enduro was definitely a great race. I think it would be even more interesting with one chassis... so pit-stops take longer, and longer runtime makes more of a difference than overall speed.

Phil drove like a sprint driver, running about 10-15 minute stints, although he would typically gain 2-3 laps over my pace in that time, I was running ~30 minute stints, and was trying to make up that time in the pits (or lack of them for that matter). In the beginning of the race, pit stops were taking about 2-3 laps to complete. By the end of the race, they were less than a lap... which kind of hurt our long run strategy.

Im definitely going to do more tuning for the next enduro, I need to work on a setup that will have less tire wear with more consistant running late in the stint. If I had better tire wear, I probably could have gone a little longer each stint, since I wouldnt have as much wheel spin out of the corners. Watching a lot of endurance racing gave me all of these strategy ideas that never really panned out due to the short pitstops. track speed made more of a difference than I thought it would, and pit strategy made less of a difference. With one car for 3 teammates, setup and pit strategy will be even more important. I was also running an MR02 ASF, I think the MR03 drains batteries a little faster, but has more power...

jackg
2010.04.19, 07:32 PM
Phil is a robot. I have proof.:p -j

EMU
2010.04.19, 08:27 PM
No, he just has reflexes like a cat. Meaow... Im more like a clumbsy dog chasing him down, hitting everything in sight :eek:

CDR racing
2010.04.19, 08:55 PM
If YOU'RE a clumsy dog hitting everything in sight, what does that make me? Boneless Chicken?

J-Milz
2010.04.19, 10:27 PM
If YOU'RE a clumsy dog hitting everything in sight, what does that make me? Boneless Chicken?

Boneless chicken? There is a million animals that come to mind Crop, and a Boneless chicken ain't even in the top 100. :D

CDR racing
2010.04.19, 11:43 PM
do i even wanna know? haha

philly123
2010.04.20, 12:26 AM
Phil is a robot. I have proof.:p -j

Haha. My wide 03 will get a lot of work done to it before this saturday. Idk why but on this layout I was loose and pushy at the same time. Which i think is the worst possible combo a car can have.

EMU
2010.04.20, 01:18 AM
Haha. My wide 03 will get a lot of work done to it before this saturday. Idk why but on this layout I was loose and pushy at the same time. Which i think is the worst possible combo a car can have.
I agree, my car was exactly the same... At the beginning of the stint, with new tires it was fine. After about 15 minutes, off throttle, my car pushed, on throttle it was hooking. When I drove slow, the car was fast. As I tried to push the car a little more, it got out of hand very quickly. The hardest part of driving a car like that, is making passes. Where you cant put any more power down, without breaking traction and are running an alternate line instead of the line that you are used to. I never really had a good feeling of car placement, where I knew exactly how the car was going to exit the corner. If I used a slower motor, I would have had less of an issue, but I thought that a faster motor with more coasting would work better in the long runs than staying on throttle with a slower motor for most of the track.

PadrinoNY
2010.04.20, 02:13 PM
WOOHOO IT'S TUESDAY..... Who's going tonight???? I am there man.....

KA2AEV
2010.04.20, 02:21 PM
I. When I drove slow, the car was fast. .

Okay stupid question
How can a car be fast if you're driving slow?:rolleyes:
Inquiring minds want to know:D

KA2AEV
2010.04.20, 02:23 PM
Boneless chicken? There is a million animals that come to mind Crop, and a Boneless chicken ain't even in the top 100. :D

Wait a minute
First Crop was a Spammer and now something that resembles a Boneless Chicken?:eek:

Whats all these references to Crop and Food?:D

PadrinoNY
2010.04.20, 03:20 PM
Wait a minute
First Crop was a Spammer and now something that resembles a Boneless Chicken?:eek:

Whats all these references to Crop and Food?:D

With a name like Crop they figure they use MEAT acronyms <- check spelling..

EMU
2010.04.20, 05:14 PM
Okay stupid question
How can a car be fast if you're driving slow?:rolleyes:
Inquiring minds want to know:D

When I got off throttle earlier, I did not overshoot the corners as much, and I also waited until I was nearly straight to get on throttle, and didnt lose grip in the rear end as much.

Laps are done by time, not by speed. Running a tight slower line is usually less time around a lap than running fast on a wider line.

That is how I was faster when I was driving slow. Most of my cars are setup the opposite to how this car was. I have to push them hard, brake into the corner and throttle hard out of the corners to get the car to rotate the way that I want... I had been working on this car from the week before to have it roll through the corners well, so that it would be good for the Enduro.

jackg
2010.04.20, 08:53 PM
I feel like I got 3 months of practice done in one day. Can't wait until Sat night. Emu I need a favor- I need to adjust the amount of braking and I think the programmer is just the thing to do it.-j

EMU
2010.04.20, 09:16 PM
I feel like I got 3 months of practice done in one day. Can't wait until Sat night. Emu I need a favor- I need to adjust the amount of braking and I think the programmer is just the thing to do it.-j

What do you want the car to do? The programmer does not adjust the amount of brake you have. The transmitter has to do that with the EPA adjustment for reverse. The Helios and EX-1UR make it easy to adjust on the fly, as there is a switch on the right side of the wheel that you can adjust your brake % of the EPA. This basically limits your brake/reverse to a % that you set the EPA limit.

If you want to adjust how the car coasts/drag brakes, that can be done with the programmer. As well as adjusting the reverse delay. But not adjusting the braking amount...

You definitely showed a huge improvement from the start of the race to the end. Scott made a really big jump in his car control by the end of the race. I dont know, but Im pretty sure that he is B-main material now. He should have some really good battles with Dominic this next points series. I expect them both to do really well.

hpotter
2010.04.21, 12:09 AM
From what I saw tonight I'm expecting some awesome battles this series. LM class looks very promising to say the least as long as I can stop punting Nat off the track.

philly123
2010.04.21, 01:23 AM
From what I saw tonight I'm expecting some awesome battles this series. LM class looks very promising to say the least as long as I can stop punting Nat off the track.
Yea man, LMs guna be fun. What body are you running Tom?

philly123
2010.04.21, 01:31 AM
I agree, my car was exactly the same... At the beginning of the stint, with new tires it was fine. After about 15 minutes, off throttle, my car pushed, on throttle it was hooking. When I drove slow, the car was fast. As I tried to push the car a little more, it got out of hand very quickly. The hardest part of driving a car like that, is making passes. Where you cant put any more power down, without breaking traction and are running an alternate line instead of the line that you are used to. I never really had a good feeling of car placement, where I knew exactly how the car was going to exit the corner. If I used a slower motor, I would have had less of an issue, but I thought that a faster motor with more coasting would work better in the long runs than staying on throttle with a slower motor for most of the track.
That's mainly why I drive with a loose diff. It makes the car easier to drive being that the traction is low. If I tighten the diff, as soon as I punch it the car spins out. Although losening it does take away some steering it keeps the rear planted and makes the car more consistent. Even on my 70t car I have the diff loose so that it slips alittle when on power in a turn. Basically the way I set the diff for Action is Ill listen and tighten the diff until it dosent slip and then loosen it about 1/8 of a turn so it slips a smidge while on power coming out of a turn or sweeper. I have only ran one tire set up since I got the 03 so hopefully this sat ill try some new front tires.

I also had an extemely hard time passing bc i was so pushy. I would take the inside line and then coming out of the turn i would push straight into a wall. I did that about 5 times lol.

EMU
2010.04.21, 02:21 AM
I also had an extemely hard time passing bc i was so pushy. I would take the inside line and then coming out of the turn i would push straight into a wall. I did that about 5 times lol.
That is why I usually run a tighter diff, I can rotate the car a little more. If I had a little less front end grip, I would be able to keep the car from spinning out so much with the same rear grip. I was using 30d Kyosho radials in front with glued up sidewalls. I havent used any other front tire besides the ATM 40 for a long time, and thought that it would drive better through an Enduro than it did.

I have to try a few things with the LM, I think I am going to have 2 cars RTR for Saturday, an 02 and an 03. The 03 just needs a motor dropped in, the 02 I installed a RR WTF2, and needs the rear end...

jackg
2010.04.21, 08:40 AM
I was hoping that the brake % could be fine tuned with the settings computer at the board but it sounds like that is done at the transmitter only. It's time for a radio upgrade. Thanks for the kind words Emu-my goal is to get alot more practice and try learn more about taking the right line through turn combos. -j

hpotter
2010.04.21, 12:03 PM
Yea man, LMs guna be fun. What body are you running Tom?

The Porsche

EMU
2010.04.21, 12:42 PM
The Porsche
Which one? The LH or KH? Completely different handling dynamic... LH is long tail, KH short tail... I am going to try the Sauber on the MR03, and Porsche or Mazda on the MR02.

hpotter
2010.04.21, 04:15 PM
Which one? The LH or KH? Completely different handling dynamic... LH is long tail, KH short tail... I am going to try the Sauber on the MR03, and Porsche or Mazda on the MR02.

Porsche 962 C KH No. 16 on a MR-02 chassis

EMU
2010.04.21, 05:13 PM
Should be good. The KH is very planted, but does lack a little steering out of the corner. Thats the one I was planning to use as well... Although, I still dont know. I really need a test day to figure things out.

ActionRC
2010.04.22, 10:32 AM
Crop - Here you ALMOST had a chance at a new nickname and you choose "Boneless Chicken"? Good going!

I am painting up a Sauber today or tonight. I just got a TON of colors in, so pick up some paint, everyone. (I even ordered a nice Gold for you-know who.) I also have plenty of MZW38-20 tires on the way, so stock up on Saturday!

EMU - I agree that adding something to increase the length of the pitstops would be better to add another element to the outcome - I just don't think running the same car is the answer. I cannot imagine three drivers liking the same set up and running it successfully. I like the idea of teams using the same body, but that is an individual preference thing as well, and with body availability as shakey as it usually is, that could be difficult to enforce.

PS - For a VERY long time Tuesday, Dominick was only .01 seconds slower than Tom, who was running well, AND for a very long time had the fastest LM! He had the 2nd fastest cars of the night! If he could keep cool, he'll be racing against more than just Scott!

See everyone tonight!

EMU
2010.04.22, 11:40 AM
Thats the point... the team members need to work together to develop a setup that all of them can drive. One member may like a setup with a lot less steering than the other two, so maybe he would want to change front wheels/tires for his stint, and run a double to make it worthwhile. In full scale racing you drive the equipment that you are given and make the adjustments, we are lucky that in this scale of racing that we set up the car exactly how we like to drive... since we are the mechanic and driver.

It also gives people an opportunity to try setup ideas that they wouldnt normally use.

If there is a malfunction, the team must scramble to fix it or get it in a condition that it can be raced even if they dont "fix" the problem... I think it is more like real endurance racing, rather than running many sprint races.

PadrinoNY
2010.04.22, 02:21 PM
good point eugene. See like me and Jeff I notice he can run a 430 body like me and so can Tom just different chassis setup that would shake it up a notch for the next enduro......

And what i mean is that maybe a likable body amongst the team would make it alot more interesting then just running your own entire setup....

Look now how many people like the 430, Murcialago, Vette you know find out your teamates strong points and weak points and meet somewhere in the middle....

JUST MY THOUGHT....

Kevin S.
2010.04.22, 03:20 PM
good point eugene. See like me and Jeff I notice he can run a 430 body like me and so can Tom just different chassis setup that would shake it up a notch for the next enduro......

And what i mean is that maybe a likable body amongst the team would make it alot more interesting then just running your own entire setup....

Look now how many people like the 430, Murcialago, Vette you know find out your teamates strong points and weak points and meet somewhere in the middle....

JUST MY THOUGHT....

Hey Pucho, are you going racing tonight?

EMU
2010.04.22, 05:27 PM
Al, can you get me 2 of these bodies:
http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4832

philly123
2010.04.22, 06:00 PM
al, can you get me 2 of these bodies:
http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4832

make that 3....***********

jackg
2010.04.22, 06:03 PM
make it 4. -j

GIHOSU
2010.04.22, 06:03 PM
No, make it 4...

Fifty7
2010.04.22, 06:54 PM
Either I missed the joke or someone can't count past 4. ;)

jackg
2010.04.22, 06:58 PM
i said it first we posted almost at the same time. its now five. -j

KA2AEV
2010.04.22, 07:00 PM
Either I missed the joke or someone can't count past 4. ;)

Nah I missed it also:eek:

ocean rodeo
2010.04.22, 07:08 PM
How far is this track from Long Beach Island, New Jersey? Isn't there a bridge that crosses to Staten Island from Perth Amboy? I am going to my parents house for a vaction and I would like to bring my stuff if it's not to far. Thanks

EMU
2010.04.22, 07:17 PM
The track is less than 5 minutes away from the outerbridge, which connects to Perth Amboy. I dont know where you would be coming from on Long Beach Island, but I doubt it would take longer than two hours to get there, and probably faster to get back (since it would be late)...
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29692&stc=1&d=1271978106
When I went to a race in PA (near Lancaster) it took about 4.5hrs to get there... and it looks about 3x the distance. Although I dont know where you are on the island...

Keep it 4, one of mine is for Shafiq ;)

ocean rodeo
2010.04.22, 07:21 PM
I didn't even think to google map it:o. I would prolly take Garden State Pkwy. It's less than 50 miles so it's not that far. I've driven 100 miles each way to run. Do you guys race Dnano's too or just Z?

EMU
2010.04.22, 07:30 PM
No Dnano... Just Z's. On Saturdays, we run 3 classes. Wide, Narrow and LM (this points series). Narrow is restricted to 70t, LM Atomic USA, and wide you can use PN 70t, Speedy 05/07, ATM USA, Standard, Stock, Kyosho Stock and X-Speed... In general, the rules are pretty relaxed, you can adjust bodies for different wheelbases, as long as the wheels are under the body...

Narrow is any body that can not be run on a wide MR03 or standard MR02 without the wheels exposed with a 0mm wheel. This is a surprisingly competetive class, and usually does as good as the wide class that uses much faster motors.

danny250r
2010.04.22, 08:03 PM
How far is this track from Long Beach Island, New Jersey? Isn't there a bridge that crosses to Staten Island from Perth Amboy? I am going to my parents house for a vaction and I would like to bring my stuff if it's not to far. Thanks

it takes me a hour an 20 min to get to LBI and i live near the outerbridge:D

J-Milz
2010.04.22, 08:19 PM
Al, can you get me 2 of these bodies:

You know I gotta have MikeL paint 1 for me. Is this the new Renault class? :D

EMU
2010.04.22, 08:31 PM
Who knows... it might just be the next TRP spec body class :rolleyes: Thats not my decision... I just want to try the body.

jackg
2010.04.22, 08:59 PM
It has a good look to it. -j

KA2AEV
2010.04.22, 09:12 PM
Hey Jamil check your PM's:)

KA2AEV
2010.04.22, 09:18 PM
I didn't even think to google map it:o. I would prolly take Garden State Pkwy. It's less than 50 miles so it's not that far. I've driven 100 miles each way to run. Do you guys race Dnano's too or just Z?

If you're going to come up the GSP, you get off at Exit 123
for Rte 440 It says Perth Amboy/Staten Island/Outerbridge Crossing
Just keep going for 440 towards Staten Island
When you cross the OBX use the extreme right tollbooth lanes and get off
at the first exit, called Page Avenue
At the light at the end of the ramp make a left to the next traffic light
Make a Left there, go to the next traffic light and make another left
(You'll see Homedepot and Target right in front of you) Make a Left here too
Keep going to the second traffic light (Arthur Kill Road)
Make a right there and then proceed about 1/2-3/4 mile
You'll see a fence distributor on your left and the track is right next
door
Hope to see ya Saturday:D
Mike

KA2AEV
2010.04.22, 09:20 PM
i said it first we posted almost at the same time. its now five. -j

I still don't get it Jack:eek:

philly123
2010.04.22, 09:58 PM
I still don't get it Jack:eek:

OWW GAWD, They both saw that i said make it 3, they both wanted the body so they posted at the same time without seeing each others post. LOL

Slapstick10
2010.04.23, 09:10 AM
It was great to see so many new faces at the track last night. Tom .... Congrats on your lap time. 9.42....... Now I'm sure it's not a USA motor! I think al should look at your equipment!!!! Just kidding! Nice run !!! I think Tom has the goods on us for LM class!

ActionRC
2010.04.23, 01:08 PM
Hey, everyone. I can get the TRP bodies directly from the manufacturer in Spain. I like them too - it's a cool looking car. If we can get enough definite commitments, please let me know. They'll end up being in that same $30 range as the Renaults were. Let's try to get a large order of them committed to so we can ship together.

Great racing last night! It was great to see Lil' Mikey and Dave back in action and running well. The best battle of the night were definitely Lil' Mikey vs. Kevin and Marty vs. Al (me). Tom took home the big win over Nat, who also had great battles throught the night, but the highlight of the night for me was the MANGO! (Scott - PLEASE post a picture!)

Ocean - Come on up!!!

hpotter
2010.04.23, 02:49 PM
It was great to see so many new faces at the track last night. Tom .... Congrats on your lap time. 9.42....... Now I'm sure it's not a USA motor! I think al should look at your equipment!!!! Just kidding! Nice run !!! I think Tom has the goods on us for LM class!

Thats right Tom in the 9's :), lets see if anyone can top that! As far as TRP goes I'm going to have to see proof that this is not another Renault fiasco before I commit :mad:

ActionRC
2010.04.23, 03:31 PM
FIASCO (noun) - Definition: When everyone runs the same body with no problem but one driver has a problem. :rolleyes:

EMU
2010.04.23, 03:44 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S8Su6hfoSUI/AAAAAAAAEQA/t8N91PoW2FY/s1600/23796_118977921446243_100000021071051_327642_26067 06_n.jpg
98mm, offset +2/+3
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S5JBraA203I/AAAAAAAAECo/Wx4tE0kcjJk/s1600/25972_110893255588043_100000021071051_282936_66373 77_n.jpg

Whenever you can get the R390 (Route 246) I want one. And I am sure that Al will want the Datsun for the narrow class ;)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S42qqOAp_mI/AAAAAAAAD_c/b2Ly2v0cGUY/s1600/Z.jpg

KA2AEV
2010.04.23, 04:42 PM
Thats right Tom in the 9's :), lets see if anyone can top that! As far as TRP goes I'm going to have to see proof that this is not another Renault fiasco before I commit :mad:

Lets see
First Tom wins the Pan car Championship ;)
Now He runs 9's:eek:
I think I would have to agree with Scott that a car inspection is long overdue!:D
Especially with all of the troubles he has been crying about lately:rolleyes:

hpotter
2010.04.23, 07:45 PM
FIASCO (noun) - Definition: When everyone runs the same body with no problem but one driver has a problem. :rolleyes:

Correction, one driver who wouldn't put up with the following: A body made for mini z (Renault). Looks good but you can't use the wheels that come with it because they're the wrong offset, have to at least shave the the front so wheels don't hit while turning (again mini z--not a static model), great fitment :(---its so loose it falls off by itself or scrapes the RCP in turns and flips, oh wait almost forgot did anyones windows fit after glued in. Nice try but EPIC FAIL, if your going to make a body for a mini z it has to be useable (actually able to run around a track) without having to be hacked up right out of the box. I think Cody and Jamil will have something to say about Renaults--remember what happened to both of them after I gave them Renault bodies? Rant over thank you for listening :)

KA2AEV
2010.04.23, 08:54 PM
Rant over thank you for listening :)

You're Welcome:D:D:D

CDR racing
2010.04.23, 09:24 PM
Lmao tom saying epic fail...you're starting to sound like Phil and Cody.

philly123
2010.04.24, 01:21 AM

Thats just pure Radonkefonk at its finest. Hey Tom, I still have your renault body. Pretty sure its cursed:eek:

EMU,
Those bodies look cool but all i want to know is when the heck are they making a stratus 3.0 style for the mini-zs?????

EMU
2010.04.24, 01:26 AM
I hope they never make the stratus :)

philly123
2010.04.24, 02:00 AM
haha whys that?

EMU
2010.04.24, 02:05 AM
Because you like it :rolleyes:

All Mini-Z Formula1 fans should check out this thread:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34266

J-Milz
2010.04.24, 02:36 AM
Hey Tom what are you talking about? That Renault body is great. I have it hanging in my locker at work. It's getting rid of the evil spirits as we speak! :D

hpotter
2010.04.24, 02:56 AM
Hey, stop hatin' on the cool guys in class :cool:
Hey Tom what are you talking about? That Renault body is great. I have it hanging in my locker at work. It's getting rid of the evil spirits as we speak! :D

I'd double check that and make sure its not bringing the evil spirits in--check philly123 post above I think he has it right :D

GTR driver
2010.04.24, 03:54 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S8Su6hfoSUI/AAAAAAAAEQA/t8N91PoW2FY/s1600/23796_118977921446243_100000021071051_327642_26067 06_n.jpg
98mm, offset +2/+3
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S5JBraA203I/AAAAAAAAECo/Wx4tE0kcjJk/s1600/25972_110893255588043_100000021071051_282936_66373 77_n.jpg

Whenever you can get the R390 (Route 246) I want one. And I am sure that Al will want the Datsun for the narrow class ;)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kEwsDHh-V2w/S42qqOAp_mI/AAAAAAAAD_c/b2Ly2v0cGUY/s1600/Z.jpg

When is that datsun body coming out? I want one!!

Fifty7
2010.04.24, 11:34 AM
Correction, one driver who wouldn't put up with the following: A body made for mini z (Renault). Looks good but you can't use the wheels that come with it because they're the wrong offset, have to at least shave the the front so wheels don't hit while turning (again mini z--not a static model), great fitment :(---its so loose it falls off by itself or scrapes the RCP in turns and flips, oh wait almost forgot did anyones windows fit after glued in. Nice try but EPIC FAIL, if your going to make a body for a mini z it has to be useable (actually able to run around a track) without having to be hacked up right out of the box. I think Cody and Jamil will have something to say about Renaults--remember what happened to both of them after I gave them Renault bodies? Rant over thank you for listening :)

Don't forget the ones that came with 2 left tail lights (mine). Can't argue anything Tom said about the body. It would have been nice to put the wheels and body on without all the extra work but in defense mine ran awesome.

EMU
2010.04.24, 02:29 PM
In defense for TRP, it was their first venture into the body market. I am sure that they have learned a great deal after it was released. I had seen the prototype Megane, and spoke with the developer in Vegas at the PNWC 08. A lot of time goes into developing these bodies, and they are restricted by licensing to produce an accurate model to the licensing manufacturer.

I am glad that they chose to do the Mosler, it is a much smaller manufacturer than what we are used to seeing, and it is a pure racing beast. I think it will be one of the best 98mm racing bodies for larger tracks. Should be similar in size to the larger McLaren, but not have as much front and rear overhang... so faster response with similar stability. But for TomP, its never going to work. If its not Kyosho, he cant drive it ;)

jackg
2010.04.25, 01:36 AM
awesome race night. my 03 needs some fine tuning. cant wait til thursday. -j

hpotter
2010.04.25, 02:50 AM
But for TomP, its never going to work. If its not Kyosho, he cant drive it ;)

I take offense to that, I can't drive Kyosho's either

CDR racing
2010.04.25, 02:57 AM
Ain't it past your bed time Tom? Go to sleep :D

P.S.- Formula 1

KA2AEV
2010.04.25, 12:22 PM
I take offense to that, I can't drive Kyosho's either

But you can run 9s and are the Pan Car Champion!:D

KA2AEV
2010.04.25, 05:14 PM
McMurray seems to have the knack for racing with the restrictor plates
Harvick really got lucky wiggling McMurry like that otherwise he would have had the win!

EMU
2010.04.25, 05:34 PM
Last nights racing was good. Phil and I battled it out hard in every class.

LM was such a surprise with how close the racing was. In qualifying, there were a few seconds between position 1 and 4.

Phil and I pushed really hard during the wide main, much harder than we were in qualifying. I know that I felt like I was pushing much harder... our laptimes dropped considerably. We were running 9.9's in qualifying... During the main, Phil ran a 9.7 and I ran a 9.6 :eek: I made no changes to the car from last week aside from a small diff tension adjustment, still running the same tires that I ran the last stint with of the enduro.

My LM car I bench built a couple weeks ago, added the USA motor when I got to the track, and dremeled out the body where the spur was going to hit after lowering the rear of the Sauber body. The car was on rails. I didnt think that the LM tires would have that much grip, especially at 102mm. The car felt better than my pan car. Actually, the LM car was the best feeling car of the night. The front end is 100% stock, so I am going to make some small changes over the week and see if they improve the performance. 2d caster upper arm, delrin balls, maybe stiffer springs... I really dont want to make many changes, the car was as near to perfect as I have ever built on the first drive. Is this a championship winning LM car? I dont know, but it was the only LM to run 9's on Saturday from what I read...

hpotter
2010.04.25, 07:44 PM
Last nights racing was good. Phil and I battled it out hard in every class.

LM was such a surprise with how close the racing was. In qualifying, there were a few seconds between position 1 and 4.

Phil and I pushed really hard during the wide main, much harder than we were in qualifying. I know that I felt like I was pushing much harder... our laptimes dropped considerably. We were running 9.9's in qualifying... During the main, Phil ran a 9.7 and I ran a 9.6 :eek: I made no changes to the car from last week aside from a small diff tension adjustment, still running the same tires that I ran the last stint with of the enduro.

My LM car I bench built a couple weeks ago, added the USA motor when I got to the track, and dremeled out the body where the spur was going to hit after lowering the rear of the Sauber body. The car was on rails. I didnt think that the LM tires would have that much grip, especially at 102mm. The car felt better than my pan car. Actually, the LM car was the best feeling car of the night. The front end is 100% stock, so I am going to make some small changes over the week and see if they improve the performance. 2d caster upper arm, delrin balls, maybe stiffer springs... I really dont want to make many changes, the car was as near to perfect as I have ever built on the first drive. Is this a championship winning LM car? I dont know, but it was the only LM to run 9's on Saturday from what I read...
It wasn't done Saturday but my 9.42 was with my LM :D

GTR driver
2010.04.25, 08:18 PM
It wasn't done Saturday but my 9.42 was with my LM :D

Doesn't help much when it was on its roof last nite! :D

EMU
2010.04.25, 08:22 PM
Was it the same layout? Thats a serious lap... Mr. Lap record holder :)

I really had no clue how the main was going to be. You, Nat, Phil and I were all so close with our laptimes and pace in qualifying. I think there was .3-4s between our fast laps, and we all did 28L. As the night went on, I gained confidence with the LM, and adjusted my line slightly on the lap counter and in the middle rythm section that went to the left side sweeper/chicane before the back straight. I was able to get through those sections with less use of steering, which means a faster lap since my car isnt scrubbing speed as much.

Most of the cars looked like they had a lot more steering than I did, I drove Nats, and into the corner, you could enter extremely fast, but I couldnt get on the throttle as early as I could with my car. I think that if he used a little less grip in the front of the car, that his car would be a little faster out of the corner, although he would have to let off a little earlier on corner entrance.

jackg
2010.04.25, 09:21 PM
what gearing are people using with the LM (64pitch)? does this atomic USA get any faster when it's broken in? -j

EMU
2010.04.25, 09:32 PM
I was using a 53/11, but I am planning to try a 53/10 next week. Just remember, if you are using LM tires, the gear ratio should be different. On a standard sized wheel/tire, I like a 52/12. The difference in top speed is not much different than a 52/14, since the motor has low torque. You get a lot more acceleration out of the corner with a higher ratio (lower pinion/larger spur)...

I change my ratios according to where I top out on the longest straight, and how much time is spent on the straights compared to the corners. More corners/short straights, I run a higher ratio, longer straights/less tight corners, lower ratio (lower=more top speed, higher=more accel).

The USA takes some time to break in... but its not really a FAST motor, its just very smooth, and for me yields the fastest lap for a 2wd car. Eventually my LM should be as fast as my wide car :)

jackg
2010.04.25, 09:40 PM
from what you say an 11/53 should not be over-geared. I feel like the motor gobbles up current for how fast it is. I may get some new high-volt type batteries to help speed increase. my "newest" set of cells is at least two years old. Im using regular size tires/wheels so my roll out is a little lower than the LM tire/wheel -j

EMU
2010.04.26, 03:49 AM
Just remember, that I am also using the Atomic 21.5mm diameter rear wheels, which increases roll out as well... LM Tire Diameter: (F)23.5mm (R)27mm. Which means that it is more like 28mm diameter with the 21.5mm wheels. It should be less than 28.5mm, but probably a little more than 28mm on fresh tires (have to account for a little tire stretch on the larger wheel). Also, just wanted to mention that the LM rear wheels are the same size as regular rear wheels. There is no difference in diameter or width. I used the Porsche 962 wheels (.5mm offset) with my 430GT setup, and I have been using Mazda 787 wheels on the back of my narrow car for a few points series...

My LM car with 12/53 wouldnt top out at all (even trying to push it to the end of the straight). With 11/53 I would top out late on the straight, and the car still felt sluggish out of the corners. I want to try the 10/53 and see if it feels more balanced. Although, I fear that it might be too low. With the larger rollout of the rear wheel, every change in gear ratio has more of an effect on speed than with the smaller wheel.

With the slower motors (USA and 70t), corner speed = straight away speed. To increase corner speed, you have to steer only as much as you need to through the corner, taking that largest radius you can in the corner. The tighter the radius, the more speed is lost, and the more you must accelerate out of the corner. LM cars, you have to keep the speed up... its all about momentum. You can have the fastest car speedwise, and still be passed on the straight by a slower car because they carried more speed out of the corner entering the straight.

The current layout has a very slow corner entering the straight, so I slow down a little more for the corner before that, to take that last corner a little faster and get a better run down the straight.

When choosing gears, I try to focus on what gives me the fastest overall speed on the track. In general, a shorter gearing will give more speed in the corners, a taller gearing more speed on the straights. If you are even with someone in the tight areas, but they are pulling away towards the middle of the straight, you may want to gear up a little, since they could pass you by the end of the straight... and you will have no ability to pass at that point.

Most beginner/intermediate racers gear their cars too tall, looking for more speed at the end of the straight... as soon as I reach about the middle of the straight, I back off throttle to prepare the car for the entry of the corner after the straight, not necessarily come off throttle, but back off a little to adjust the attitude of the car forward a little (load the front wheels and suspension early, then the car settles and I can accelerate into the corner a little with less chance of traction rolling and carry more speed out the corner). Which is why any more speed over what I can achieve past the middle of the straight is basically useless... since I am already decelerating to enter the corner. Especially on this layout that we have been running. The fastest line through the timing loop had a much earlier turn in than I had expected. Hugging the first corner very tight, I could almost go through the chicane without hitting left and staying on full throttle. I stood on the right side of the track to line it up well. It hurt my line on the left side of the track a little, but I felt that the difference in time from the right side to the left made it worth it.

I always try to get new cells every 6 months. I use a lot of my older cells for practice and qualifying... and the newer cells for mains. Then again, I also abuse my cells a bit... so they dont last quite as long as they should :P 2 or 3 good packs are really all that you need for racing. With a few other practice packs that you can test the setup with.

Crop, you wanted my final excuse for losing the Enduro, right...
I felt bad for you and Tom for beating you both for the championship, that I decided to let you guys win the Enduro :) It just happened that Phil was on your team, so he got lucky :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, you guys ran a great race, and deserved the win. You had no big issues, and ran a faster pace as a team. I dont think that what I was writing were excuses. I was just analyzing what contributed to the loss. I expected things to work out better for us making longer runs with less pits, but obviously a shorter faster strategy worked better, being that the pit-stops were so short.

I let my team down by not being able to keep pace with Phil. Which is why I felt that I had to come back and really try to beat him in the sprint race. Although it didnt help that Phil backed off to let you guys battle, which gave me a good run to catch him...

jackg
2010.04.26, 09:50 AM
Just remember, that I am also using the Atomic 21.5mm diameter rear wheels, which increases roll out as well... LM Tire Diameter: (F)23.5mm (R)27mm. Which means that it is more like 28mm diameter with the 21.5mm wheels. It should be less than 28.5mm, but probably a little more than 28mm on fresh tires (have to account for a little tire stretch on the larger wheel). Also, just wanted to mention that the LM rear wheels are the same size as regular rear wheels. There is no difference in diameter or width. I used the Porsche 962 wheels (.5mm offset) with my 430GT setup, and I have been using Mazda 787 wheels on the back of my narrow car for a few points series...

My LM car with 12/53 wouldnt top out at all (even trying to push it to the end of the straight). With 11/53 I would top out late on the straight, and the car still felt sluggish out of the corners. I want to try the 10/53 and see if it feels more balanced. Although, I fear that it might be too low. With the larger rollout of the rear wheel, every change in gear ratio has more of an effect on speed than with the smaller wheel.

With the slower motors (USA and 70t), corner speed = straight away speed. To increase corner speed, you have to steer only as much as you need to through the corner, taking that largest radius you can in the corner. The tighter the radius, the more speed is lost, and the more you must accelerate out of the corner. LM cars, you have to keep the speed up... its all about momentum. You can have the fastest car speedwise, and still be passed on the straight by a slower car because they carried more speed out of the corner entering the straight.

The current layout has a very slow corner entering the straight, so I slow down a little more for the corner before that, to take that last corner a little faster and get a better run down the straight.

When choosing gears, I try to focus on what gives me the fastest overall speed on the track. In general, a shorter gearing will give more speed in the corners, a taller gearing more speed on the straights. If you are even with someone in the tight areas, but they are pulling away towards the middle of the straight, you may want to gear up a little, since they could pass you by the end of the straight... and you will have no ability to pass at that point.

Most beginner/intermediate racers gear their cars too tall, looking for more speed at the end of the straight... as soon as I reach about the middle of the straight, I back off throttle to prepare the car for the entry of the corner after the straight, not necessarily come off throttle, but back off a little to adjust the attitude of the car forward a little (load the front wheels and suspension early, then the car settles and I can accelerate into the corner a little with less chance of traction rolling and carry more speed out the corner). Which is why any more speed over what I can achieve past the middle of the straight is basically useless... since I am already decelerating to enter the corner. Especially on this layout that we have been running. The fastest line through the timing loop had a much earlier turn in than I had expected. Hugging the first corner very tight, I could almost go through the chicane without hitting left and staying on full throttle. I stood on the right side of the track to line it up well. It hurt my line on the left side of the track a little, but I felt that the difference in time from the right side to the left made it worth it.

I always try to get new cells every 6 months. I use a lot of my older cells for practice and qualifying... and the newer cells for mains. Then again, I also abuse my cells a bit... so they dont last quite as long as they should :P 2 or 3 good packs are really all that you need for racing. With a few other practice packs that you can test the setup with.

Crop, you wanted my final excuse for losing the Enduro, right...
I felt bad for you and Tom for beating you both for the championship, that I decided to let you guys win the Enduro :) It just happened that Phil was on your team, so he got lucky :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, you guys ran a great race, and deserved the win. You had no big issues, and ran a faster pace as a team. I dont think that what I was writing were excuses. I was just analyzing what contributed to the loss. I expected things to work out better for us making longer runs with less pits, but obviously a shorter faster strategy worked better, being that the pit-stops were so short.

I let my team down by not being able to keep pace with Phil. Which is why I felt that I had to come back and really try to beat him in the sprint race. Although it didnt help that Phil backed off to let you guys battle, which gave me a good run to catch him...

thanks for the info Emu. I knew if I threw in a juicy word like "rollout" I would get a good response.-j

J-Milz
2010.04.26, 01:25 PM
Man, do I miss racing! :(

ActionRC
2010.04.26, 05:30 PM
Great racing Saturday everyone! LM is really awesome. I had my fastest laps in that car also. It's so smooth and consistent, and doesn't get loose or bobble very easily at all. All I did was stretch my awful Pan car into an awful LM, but the longer wheelbase seems to help the stability. I love it! I feel a Division 2 Championship coming!

As soon as Kyosho has those new R246 bodies, I'll have them. As far as TRP, I'll get them if I can get at least 10 people to commit and prepay. As far as the Renault, Tom, I agree with you on all counts. I also agree with Marty that once the bugs were worked out, the car ran really well.

Points are updated on the site, and we're definitely off to a good start.

I am officially a new Jeff Gordon fan! He is putting Jimmie Johnson in his place where he belongs! Go Jeff!

CDR racing
2010.04.26, 05:40 PM
I am officially a new Jeff Gordon fan! He is putting Jimmie Johnson in his place where he belongs! Go Jeff!

I like what I'm seeing...The two top guns at Hendrick are starting to have tensions, eventually they'll have some sort of blow up, and junior can slip right in between them and take control of Hendrick...Go Dale!

P.S.- EMU- You know I'm just busting...That race came down us jumping out a bit early, and being able to hold our pace while you guys lost your pace a bit with two drivers having issues. On the bright side, you didn't have to race with a teammate who has permanent issues.:D (Not mentioning any names, but its not me or Phil.)

jackg
2010.04.26, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;382330]Great racing Saturday everyone! LM is really awesome. I had my fastest laps in that car also. It's so smooth and consistent, and doesn't get loose or bobble very easily at all. All I did was stretch my awful Pan car into an awful LM, but the longer wheelbase seems to help the stability. I love it! I feel a Division 2 Championship coming!

we shall see...I may start coming for tues night practice and then watch out! -j

Fifty7
2010.04.26, 06:51 PM

I'm still not a fan but that rivalry is awesome. JJ was so wrong Sunday, Jeff has every right to be mad. As for Crops Jr. comments.....ahhh forget it...too easy!! :p

EMU
2010.04.26, 09:31 PM
When I was 15, in the hospital after they reattached my arm, I watched my first NASCAR race, and became a big Jeff Gordon fan (even though I didnt really like NASCAR at the time)... I still like the guy, and respect him more than most of the other racers.

I may be going to the Carolina Cup race in Charlotte in a few weeks... I want to run the Mantis parts, in a race where they are legal :p I may also check out some NASCAR stuff while Im there...

hilldebrandt
2010.04.26, 09:47 PM
I just got tickets tonight for Saturday night's race at Richmond...

I hope to see Gordon put JJ into the wall...up close and personal !! :eek:

:D

jackg
2010.04.27, 11:21 AM
When I was 15, in the hospital after they reattached my arm, I watched my first NASCAR race, and became a big Jeff Gordon fan (even though I didnt really like NASCAR at the time)... I still like the guy, and respect him more than most of the other racers.

I may be going to the Carolina Cup race in Charlotte in a few weeks... I want to run the Mantis parts, in a race where they are legal :p I may also check out some NASCAR stuff while Im there...

what happened to your arm? -j

J-Milz
2010.04.27, 01:43 PM
He's a cyborg. They built him better, stronger faster. :eek:

Fifty7
2010.04.27, 02:37 PM
He's a cyborg. They built him better, stronger faster. :eek:

Wait!!! I thought Phil was the robot.

ShortBus
2010.04.27, 03:37 PM
Nat - are you coming out tonight?

KA2AEV
2010.04.27, 05:16 PM
Wait!!! I thought Phil was the robot.

AhHA
Now I understand how these guys run in the 9s all the time!:eek:

EMU
2010.04.27, 05:28 PM
what happened to your arm? -j
I broke it a couple times in the same spot skating (rollerblading with Magic). 2nd time, it kind of shattered, and they had to use plates and pins and a bone graft from my wrist to fill the gaps... Needless to say, my strength and range of motion is more limited. My strong hand is now my left...

Anything besides Mini-Z, that includes wheels, I usually end up hurting myself :eek: Crashing my bike with Magic is what got me into this hobby, since I couldnt lift my arm for a few months, I spent it on the internet doing research on these little cars...

CDR racing
2010.04.27, 05:36 PM
Now we know his weakness! This can come in handy should there ever be another 3 way tie ;).

EMU
2010.04.27, 06:04 PM
And, how would this come in handy?

KA2AEV
2010.04.27, 06:30 PM
And, how would this come in handy?

Arm Wrestling to determine who wins!:D

minittrackmann
2010.04.27, 06:56 PM
See everyone saturdayy

EMU
2010.04.27, 08:01 PM
I arm wrestled Phil before, at the old place, and won :) Right now, I think he would take my arm off as a trophy.

Fifty7
2010.04.27, 08:41 PM
I broke it a couple times in the same spot skating (rollerblading with Magic). 2nd time, it kind of shattered, and they had to use plates and pins and a bone graft from my wrist to fill the gaps... Needless to say, my strength and range of motion is more limited. My strong hand is now my left...

Anything besides Mini-Z, that includes wheels, I usually end up hurting myself :eek: Crashing my bike with Magic is what got me into this hobby, since I couldnt lift my arm for a few months, I spent it on the internet doing research on these little cars...

I got sucked in the same way. After surgery for my torn bicep tendon my bowling night was replaced with race night

philly123
2010.04.27, 10:22 PM
I arm wrestled Phil before, at the old place, and won :) Right now, I think he would take my arm off as a trophy.

Haha I remember that.

danny250r
2010.04.28, 09:17 PM
anyone have a spare atomic stock (yellow label) that they can sell to me for thursday , if so bring it to the track thanks :D

ActionRC
2010.04.29, 03:30 PM
Dan - I have plenty of Atomic standards (pink label) , and those run really nicely too. I'll have yellow labels Saturday.

Crop - Too bad we're not on AM anymore. We could have at least whacked Eugene in the arm with our antennas. (Wait, I think Golddust thinks that I have a bad arm!)

Cody has no "people" to hang out with this weekend!? Where are all the people? (Looking forward to seeing you, Cody. It's been too long!)

danny250r
2010.04.29, 07:55 PM
Dan - I have plenty of Atomic standards (pink label) , and those run really nicely too. I'll have yellow labels Saturday.

Crop - Too bad we're not on AM anymore. We could have at least whacked Eugene in the arm with our antennas. (Wait, I think Golddust thinks that I have a bad arm!)

Cody has no "people" to hang out with this weekend!? Where are all the people? (Looking forward to seeing you, Cody. It's been too long!)

i cant make it tonight ,but ill be there on sat so ill get it then thx al

jackg
2010.04.29, 11:54 PM
really great racing tonight. many drivers are so close in # of laps/times the racing is begining to look like full scale. great run by Shafiq to go from the back of the pack to win the very competitive A. Sat should be awesome. -j

J-Milz
2010.04.30, 01:56 AM
That was fun! I think I'm the only person (crazy enough) to ever run an overland in a main against 02's and 03's. I even TQ'd with it (in the C main)! Can't wait for Saturday to try the new LM body for the first time. Gotta get more track time.

PS. Wonder how a monster would fair next Thursday?:confused: Hmmm......

sjm324
2010.04.30, 08:22 AM
great racing last night...it was good to be back and see some of the fellas...hopefully i will get a chance to make some sat nights soon...talk to everyone soon
adam

Fifty7
2010.04.30, 01:22 PM
really great racing tonight. many drivers are so close in # of laps/times the racing is begining to look like full scale. great run by Shafiq to go from the back of the pack to win the very competitive A. Sat should be awesome. -j

Good racing everyone, despite the breakage that bought me a goose egg. A lot more plastic getting banged around than usual but so many guys so close together like Jack said, the pack never separates and there's always 3 or 4 guys around each other. Makes for challenging (but fun) driving.

mr04
2010.04.30, 06:01 PM
http://nyrcsuperraceway.com/pics/races/1st-ann-race.jpg

Click Here for More Info... (http://nyrcsuperraceway.com/)

philly123
2010.04.30, 09:33 PM
Now this is something that is extremely frowned upon in the RC forum world. Please post these things on your own forum. We dont post our stuff on yours!!!!:mad::mad:

jackg
2010.05.01, 08:44 AM
ok who's racing (at ActionRC-Staten Island NYC) tonight? -j

KA2AEV
2010.05.01, 11:19 AM
ok who's racing (at ActionRC-Staten Island NYC) tonight? -j

Ill be there with Golddust:eek:

ActionRC
2010.05.01, 02:16 PM
MR04: While all the tri-state tracks get along great and interact and all that good stuff, that is kind of a no-no in the RC forum world. Many drivers support all of the tracks, but we just don't do stuff like that.

The A/C is pumpin' since the morning and I'm ready to go racing! See everyone in a few! :D

EMU
2010.05.01, 02:24 PM
I wont be able to make it today... :( See you guys next week.

KA2AEV
2010.05.01, 05:37 PM
:DI wont be able to make it today... :( See you guys next week.

and I was looking forward to arm wrestling with ya! :D

jackg
2010.05.02, 01:17 AM
awesome race night. great runs by Al in stock and Scott in LM. -j

CDR racing
2010.05.02, 03:07 AM
Man what a boring night of racing. :D Everything was so calm and peaceful and action free. I wish the A-Main was more fun...so boring and no action going on...Haha jk. Despite the debates and my racing incidents with a certain potter character (I've reviewed the tapes more, and I still uphold my argument), It was a fun night, and regardless of the result at the end of the night, it was still tons of fun. Tom and I were running door to door like that all night in almost every qualifier, so I guess there was bound to be contact at some point, just unfortunately it happened on the last lap of the main. But like I said, regardless of the result, the close racing like that was a blast. Can't wait for my vengeance next week ;)

sjm324
2010.05.02, 09:27 AM
Man what a boring night of racing. :D Everything was so calm and peaceful and action free. I wish the A-Main was more fun...so boring and no action going on...Haha jk. Despite the debates and my racing incidents with a certain potter character (I've reviewed the tapes more, and I still uphold my argument), It was a fun night, and regardless of the result at the end of the night, it was still tons of fun. Tom and I were running door to door like that all night in almost every qualifier, so I guess there was bound to be contact at some point, just unfortunately it happened on the last lap of the main. But like I said, regardless of the result, the close racing like that was a blast. Can't wait for my vengeance next week ;)

I am sure that discussion went on until the wee hours of the morning :)...great racing last night

rajiex
2010.05.02, 09:53 AM
Had a great time racing Sat nite, just don't tell my wife I played hookey.:D If it weren't for the great guys at Action, I would have dropped out already.

Tom P - I never though your difference of opinion on who had the line/right of way with Crop would never end and I don't think it would. Thanks for the help with the radio.

Phil - Thanks for the help solving my problems with the LM.

Nat - Thanks for the advice on AWD

Lil Mikey - The little mechanic who swapped motors for me while I was fixing another car.

Al - The guys who hang there make it a great place and will keep newbies keep coming.

Now who can to teach my to drive without riding the boards because I have the need ofr speed and I cant drive for sh*t. :mad:

KA2AEV
2010.05.02, 01:16 PM

I think I figured out who is spitting on your car while its in the pit Crop
:D

philly123
2010.05.02, 02:13 PM
Phil - Thanks for the help solving my problems with the LM.
No problem.

Tom P,
Thanks for the wax, it was a life saver. Im still waiting on my dad to pull up to see what he does. :eek:

hpotter
2010.05.02, 08:54 PM
Tom P,
Thanks for the wax, it was a life saver. Im still waiting on my dad to pull up to see what he does. :eek:

Not a problem, but just for clarification the refered to "wax" is a car cleaner people nothing else. Great racing tonight as usual...and anyone who likes a really fast track [Dave] is going to love this weeks layout (I don't like it but what else is new)

P.S. I had the inside and better line :D:D:D:D

KA2AEV
2010.05.02, 09:39 PM
Not a problem, but just for clarification the refered to "wax" is a car cleaner people nothing else.

WOW :eek:
Hey I do believe that Action RC does have a don't ask don't tell policy
So what happens between you and Phil is between you and Phil :D:D:D

philly123
2010.05.02, 11:55 PM
So, what became of the Crop/Tom battle going into that turn?

hpotter
2010.05.03, 12:44 AM
So, what became of the Crop/Tom battle going into that turn?

We agree to disagree it was just due to close racing BUT I have found some intriguing evidence on the aforementioned video :D. Details--starting Tuesday night at ACTIONRC Mini Speedway...Be there!! Muahahahaha (written in my best Mr. Burns impersonation).

LIVE BY STICKCAM DIE BY STICKCAM :D:D

hpotter
2010.05.03, 01:57 AM
Just sending out big props to "The Dominator"...getting better everyday and giving all the B-Mainers a good run for their money--even getting the fastest lap in his main.

EMU
2010.05.03, 11:43 AM
Just sending out big props to "The Dominator"...getting better everyday and giving all the B-Mainers a good run for their money--even getting the fastest lap in his main.
Go Dominic :) :D :cool:

TomSr
2010.05.03, 02:40 PM
Go Dominic :) :D :cool:

GREAT run in the B Main by Dominick. He kept his cool - which is the key to his maintaining control - and reeled me in like a fish on a hook in the final lap. In the final turn he kept it tight and smooth and dashed past me and over the lap counter a split second before my front bumper did for 2nd place.

When he runs like that I'm proud for him.

CDR racing
2010.05.03, 03:28 PM
We agree to disagree it was just due to close racing BUT I have found some intriguing evidence on the aforementioned video :D. Details--starting Tuesday night at ACTIONRC Mini Speedway...Be there!! Muahahahaha (written in my best Mr. Burns impersonation).

LIVE BY STICKCAM DIE BY STICKCAM :D:D

And what might this evidence be? After reviewing the tapes myself, albeit difficult to see, I thought my account of the events in question was pretty accurate. :D

hpotter
2010.05.03, 03:43 PM
And what might this evidence be? After reviewing the tapes myself, albeit difficult to see, I thought my account of the events in question was pretty accurate. :D

Its not the part of the video when we got mixed up (can't really see it anyway). Its an earlier part of the video that shows exactly what our debate was about and is clear as day so we can actually see what was going on.

jackg
2010.05.03, 08:18 PM
Its not the part of the video when we got mixed up (can't really see it anyway). Its an earlier part of the video that shows exactly what our debate was about and is clear as day so we can actually see what was going on.

i saw it. Potter hacked Crop-end of story. unless you consider it from the other angle. then Crop took Tom out. I hope this helps:p -j

CDR racing
2010.05.03, 08:37 PM
Well there we have it, its settled. Since the argument was never if i took tom out or vice versa, but about wheter tom hacked me or made a clean pass, we'll ignore the second half of that sentence, and therefore the people have spoken, and its official, tom took me out!

P.S.- Phil also confirmed that Tom took me out upon first seeing the replay, but later took back his statement. I believe this may be in connection with the wax situation.

jackg
2010.05.03, 09:01 PM
glad I could help-j

EMU
2010.05.03, 10:36 PM
Well there we have it, its settled. Since the argument was never if i took tom out or vice versa, but about wheter tom hacked me or made a clean pass, we'll ignore the second half of that sentence, and therefore the people have spoken, and its official, tom took me out!

P.S.- Phil also confirmed that Tom took me out upon first seeing the replay, but later took back his statement. I believe this may be in connection with the wax situation.

I think Phil doesnt know which Gu-Doty to side with here... :rolleyes:

I was off from work today, and built up my new SP2 F1 chassis at MHS with Shafiq, with the Mantis bumper and caster towers... The car feels really good, with only a few upgrades, it could be my best F1 yet! So when are we running F1 again? Shafiq and I did a lot of laps, and these bumpers work VERY well. We were trying to take eachother out on purpose (kind of like Tom and Crop do when they race), to put them through some abuse and see if there were any points of failure.

The cars did not hang up on the boards if you hit a wall. And felt very well balanced, meaning that it didnt feel any heavier on the front end. I only added a PN mount, Stock BB motor, Mantis front bumper and caster towers. Everything else was what came with the SP2 Carbon chassis. (kingpins, bearings, 30F/20R tires, ball diff, damper plate system, side carbon plates), all come with the SP2 chassis

philly123
2010.05.03, 11:52 PM
(kind of like Tom and Crop do when they race)

AWHH its on noww!:eek:

IF we ran F1, NO MANTIS WORX PARTS ALLOWED!!

P.S.- Rules above were stated by Tom P many times before.

EMU
2010.05.04, 12:14 AM

If we ran F1, it was in the past. Before there were Mantis parts... Now, when we run F1, there are Mantis parts :)

philly123
2010.05.04, 01:51 AM
If we ran F1, it was in the past. Before there were Mantis parts... Now, when we run F1, there are Mantis parts :)

I think the next class should be a 90mm mini cooper class. I want to race my mini cooper again.:p

EMU
2010.05.04, 02:58 AM
So then race it in the narrow class :)

Slapstick10
2010.05.04, 11:44 AM

Phill sounds scared of mantis parts!

ShortBus
2010.05.04, 12:08 PM
EMU - which front wing/bumper did you get from Mantis V1 or V2?

EMU
2010.05.04, 01:16 PM
V1 (ordered before the V2 were out). I will probably get V2 as well once they are released.

rajiex
2010.05.04, 01:40 PM
Will be at Action tonite. Need help with charging rates Have a set of R1s that are 990s but peak like 650.

ActionRC
2010.05.04, 02:26 PM
Hey, everyone. Sorry it's been so long. Another crazy week here at work so far. My boss is out, and I am the only one at a bike company that knows anything about bikes during our busiest season of the year. I feel like my ears are bleeding.

Anyway, Saturday was incredible. Great battles between Tom and Crop (on and off the track) for SECOND and another great battle by Adam, Dave, and Nat for 4th in the A. (By 2am I locked the doors and Tom and Crop were STILL going at it!) Great battles between Jack and I for the B Main win, between Tom Sr and Dominick for 3rd, and even Scott and Jamil for 5th (.39 seconds between!) Lil' Mikey was bubble boy in the C, but making steady improvements. Even the last place position in the C was split by just a few seconds! I am working on points now, and they should be up shortly.

The new track layout is totally different, and because Tom hates it, it is great! This is different than any track I have ever put down, so don't miss this one. You have not seen anything like it - I promise! See everyone tonight!

ActionRC
2010.05.04, 03:46 PM
Well waddaya know...

Wk 1 Wk 2 Points
Cropduster 98 98 196
Tom P 97 99 196

Have at it, boys. :D

TomSr
2010.05.04, 04:40 PM
Well waddaya know...

Wk 1 Wk 2 Points
Cropduster 98 98 196
Tom P 97 99 196

Oh God. :eek::eek::eek:

Al - you might think about stocking earplugs at the store. I suspect they might be a big selling item for the next 6 weeks...:rolleyes:

I wonder if Judge Judy is available to come mediate?

CDR racing
2010.05.04, 05:12 PM
Anyway, Saturday was incredible. Great battles between Tom and Crop (on and off the track) for SECOND

Why no mention of the great battle for FIRST I had for the first 4-5 minutes of the race? :p

bermbuster
2010.05.04, 05:14 PM
Phill sounds scared of mantis parts!

in the wrong hands the mantis bumper will be a battering ram.....
its like if your the unlucky racer who doesnt have one you most likely will get broken......
The thing to remember about F1 it is a Gentlemans Class.....

EMU
2010.05.04, 05:33 PM
its like if your the unlucky racer who doesnt have one you most likely will get broken......

In the wrong hands, every car is a battering ram. Just because a car has a bumper, doesnt mean that the driver will drive it as though it is indistructable.

I drove it yesterday at MHS, and yes it protects the front end better, but the rules of the road are still the same. It is still an open wheel class, and you have to respect that otherwise bumper or no bumper your going into the wall or worse.

If your the unlucky racer who doesnt have one, why not buy one? They are available... You could even build one using the same specs yourself. It shouldnt be difficult. A sheet of carbon, a dremel, some delrin or other plastic. Junior had something very similar at MHS a while back, which is what inspired the Mantis bumper...

I now feel that I dont HAVE to replace all of the stock front end parts to alloy if I dont want to, I also dont have to replace my Kyosho front bumper and wings every race (they break if you sneeze too hard near them). I drove as hard as I could before the bumper, having the bumper will only change the amount of continuous funding that the car needs, which is why the class starts to take off, then dies constantly.

MantisMMA
2010.05.04, 05:50 PM

i dont really understand that statement, it is marginally wider and weighs the same as the stock bumper wing. in fact the Atomic plastic bumper(one that wraps all the way around the stock wing) is actually more of a battering ram and is larger than mine is! there is no situation where my bumper will cause more damage than any other wing and if you notice i actually let the nose of the car stick out past the bumper for that reason. and as stated it is still open wheel racing, if you race with the intention of being a "battering ram" maybe open wheel racing is not for you!(not you personally) i just dont think making statements like that is benificial to F1 and/or my products.
sorry for the hijack, i just thought it was necessary.

mleemor60
2010.05.04, 07:55 PM
George. The pictures don't do the part any justice at all. It's like having somebody take a picture of you holding a fish at arms length out in front of you. The fish looks twice as big as it really is. Forced perspective I believe the term is. Trust me when I say the part gives you the confidence to go for an apex without worrying what you will tear off if you miss by a 1/4 inch. I tried mine over the weekend and was overjoyed when I was able to drive the car off the wall without backing up to free the steering or having to use both hands to pry it out from under the rail. Give it a chance. The amount you save in knuckles, toe bars and stock front bumpers is well worth it.

bermbuster
2010.05.04, 08:28 PM
Im not "bashing" the bumper but making an observation.....
I do have an F1 and I will most likely use a mantis bumper.
I did say in the "wrong hands".
I want to see F1 grow and I always enjoyed watching the F1 class running at Action because of the close and "Gentleman" style of racing.
Now with a no fear race attitude will the racing become better???
Only time will tell..........

EMU
2010.05.04, 09:01 PM
I think there will always be fear of hitting another car, but there will be less of a fear of hitting the rails. Which is where all the problems start... One guy tags a board, and then 5 guys get involved in the wreck directly or indirectly. The line that these cars take is very long, so it is somewhat difficult to adjust at speed like it is in the shorter racers. So if you swerve to miss someone, odds are that you will catch a wall on the other side...

I think that the bumper will make the class grow.

jackg
2010.05.04, 09:24 PM
is kyosho still selling new F1s? -j

MantisMMA
2010.05.04, 10:21 PM
is kyosho still selling new F1s? -j

doesnt seem like they do except for the AM cars which are horrible!! i wonder what it would cost to piece one together? maybe i can offer a car kit for the newbies, HMMMMMM

BERM, nothing personal man, i didnt mean for it to look like you are a villian! and no fear or not, if your not tagging the walls and getting caught up its a win for everyone. the winner of any F1 race is not the guy who is bullying their way around the track it will be the one with the most consistency and the bumpers help with that. with F1 you typically have to pass on a turn exit and not so much by stuffing your way into the turn. just because i have the bumper doesnt mean that i am going to "ride the rails" on purpose but in the event that i have to dodge a back marker or get punted the odds of me breaking something or getting stuck under the rail are waaaaay better. what i have noticed is that you can pretty much drive them like the MR's with more corner speed and in my case top end speed!!:D

EMU
2010.05.04, 11:35 PM
Jack, There are the limited edition ASF chassis sets (SP and SP2, SP2 is the most complete with damper, side plates and SS kingpins added to the SP). The SP2 chassis set is definitely worth the money, I added the Mantis caster arms and bumper, and the car was handling pretty good. The diff needs a rebuild out of the package, like all Kyosho diffs the plates slip.

You still have other options... You could also get a new or used AM and convert it yourself to ASF with any ASF board and extra wires. You may also be able to find used ASF F1's for a good price as well. Let me know what you are interested in, if you plan to get one, I should be able to help you find something within your budget.

bermbuster
2010.05.04, 11:36 PM
I think there will always be fear of hitting another car, but there will be less of a fear of hitting the rails. Which is where all the problems start... One guy tags a board, and then 5 guys get involved in the wreck directly or indirectly. The line that these cars take is very long, so it is somewhat difficult to adjust at speed like it is in the shorter racers. So if you swerve to miss someone, odds are that you will catch a wall on the other side...

I think that the bumper will make the class grow.

Eugene The F1 does not have a magnet that attracts you to the boards....
a few things keeps you from hitting them...set up...skill...practice
The most successful mini z F1 drivers I know have the above....
The bumper can be used as a crutch for some and putting them in the game
when they need more of the above....maybe good maybe bad.....
Im going to remember your view and if a lesser driver takes you out
remember to be a gentleman......:D

jackg
2010.05.05, 12:03 AM
Jack, There are the limited edition ASF chassis sets (SP and SP2, SP2 is the most complete with damper, side plates and SS kingpins added to the SP). The SP2 chassis set is definitely worth the money, I added the Mantis caster arms and bumper, and the car was handling pretty good. The diff needs a rebuild out of the package, like all Kyosho diffs the plates slip.

You still have other options... You could also get a new or used AM and convert it yourself to ASF with any ASF board and extra wires. You may also be able to find used ASF F1's for a good price as well. Let me know what you are interested in, if you plan to get one, I should be able to help you find something within your budget.

thanks Emu
i have driven an F1 only a few times. i want to run a race with one and see what its like. I have heard some say they drive a little like the LaMans we're running now. 2.4 is the only way for me from now on. -j

EMU
2010.05.05, 12:26 AM
George, the F1 is a pretty difficult car to setup due to the rear suspension design. This makes it difficult for even people that have good setups and skill. I have tagged many boards in races when negotiating traffic, and been punted off the track. The bumper can be used as a crutch, I agree with that... however, it will also do what it is supposed to, protect the steering parts and make the race run a lot smoother than it would without.

This has been debated in the other thread, and while I am a believer that the bumper will benefit the class, there is a certain aspect that it will hurt. F1 is a class that separates the men from the boys so to say. You have to drive conservatively, but risk enough to be in front. A lot of people would start driving them and be very enthusiastic about it, but after a few runs, and their car looking completely battered and ruined, they would drop out, and never come back in again.

Many times, there are ony one heat/main in F1, which means that the most skilled/experienced drivers race with the least experienced/skilled drivers. Keeping everyone moving, really helps.

I dont think that the bumper will solve all issues F1 related, but it will definitely help consistancy from the top to bottom of the order. Will people that 'shouldnt' drive in the F1 class drive in the class? I dont think that it should be looked at that way. More people that race them, the more heats that can be run, and there will be better sorts and closer races in each heat.

The closing speeds that the top F1 pilots have over the lower pilots is HUGE. I would say more than any other class. Because of that reason alone, durability really becomes an issue for both cars. Rather than get into the same discussion that has been had many times over about leading car vs backmarker... there is very little time for both drivers to make a decision of where to pass.

A lot of drivers that dont have the experience setting up the F1 quickly drop the class because after they break a few bumpers/wings kuckles on their first few times driving the car, feel like its just going to be a money pit and get out of the class. If they can continue to work on the setup, without having the front break so much, they can get a car that works better and can become competetive. This will allow the class to grow.

I gave up F1 for a long time, I started driving the class, and never got the setup down well enough to feel good about the car. I had broken a bunch of wings and bumpers, and bent a few sets of Kyosho alloy knuckles in the process. I felt like it was only giving me headaches, and costing me about $20 every run that I took with it. If I had a bumper that really protected the front end, I dont think that I would have given it up for 3 years. Once I started driving it again, and worked out a good setup approach for the car, I was in love with the car. F1 is my favorite class to drive, partly because you have to drive it very smooth and stay off of the boards. They will still slow you down with the bumper, the same as it would happen with a racer, you just wont rub, have your wheel turn into the wall and spin you out into the middle of the track so someone else can slam into you.

I do tend to envision worst case scenarios, but a lot of the time... thats what happens to me :rolleyes:

If I am taken out, then I will handle it like a gentleman. I try not to get upset at people that I race with, this is a hobby about fun. If you get upset, its not fun.

Jack,
I think I said that. F1 and LM share a similar type of driving style. Both have longer wheelbases, and are a front heavy type of driving style, where the rear wants to check out if you get on the throttle too hard. You can drive one of my F1's and see how they feel and see if you want to get one for yourself. I would help with setup as well :) I try to set them up so they work well out of the corner, and have to be driven in aggressively with brake or coasting in...

jackg
2010.05.05, 09:00 AM
just to be fair I think Al may have said it too. we can review it on StickAm:p -j

ShortBus
2010.05.05, 10:02 AM
The F1 does not have a magnet that attracts you to the boards.... a few things keeps you from hitting them...set up...skill...practice. The most successful mini z F1 drivers I know have the above....

Berm - as the great Ocho Cinco would say "child please"

I guess these great F1 drivers you know practice without their front wings as well? Otherwise they need a good source for replacements and the last I checked they are hard to come by these days........

I personally see the new Mantis wing as a product that protects itself from breaking. I could care less if mine was made shorter in width and sacrificed wheel protection as long as it was a product that would hold up against normal use.

Slapstick10
2010.05.05, 02:54 PM
No we were not loosing our minds .....the receiver was defective! Thank you Tom,Al,Bob and Dave for trying.

Slapstick10
2010.05.05, 03:01 PM
Berm - as the great Ocho Cinco would say "child please"

I guess these great F1 drivers you know practice without their front wings as well? Otherwise they need a good source for replacements and the last I checked they are hard to come by these days........

I personally see the new Mantis wing as a product that protects itself from breaking. I could care less if mine was made shorter in width and sacrificed wheel protection as long as it was a product that would hold up against normal use.

We'll as you all know I am building an F1. I am glad that the new front wing from Mantis is available. I agree that the class will grow. Now if only Al can get the parts i asked for......HMMMMMM

F1 here I came!!!!

KA2AEV
2010.05.05, 05:03 PM
Well waddaya know...

Wk 1 Wk 2 Points
Cropduster 98 98 196
Tom P 97 99 196

Think those four words are a major mistake Al:eek:

hpotter
2010.05.05, 05:04 PM
No we were not loosing our minds .....the receiver was defective! Thank you Tom,Al,Bob and Dave for trying.

I knew it. Now its time to get on KO's butt for a new reciever

KA2AEV
2010.05.05, 05:04 PM

Scott you cannot loose something you never had!:D

Fifty7
2010.05.06, 10:24 AM
:mad:Have to miss racing tonight:mad: Was really looking forward to hearing Tom's side of the story:eek:

ActionRC
2010.05.06, 03:03 PM
Great discussions, everyone. It looks like interest in F1 is up enough to maybe run it as the third class next time around. If anyone is in need of one, let me know so I can get some of the limited edition 2.4 versions while they are still available. (Eug - I took mine right out of the box and it was GREAT!)

I am really looking forward to running on the fast track tonight! (Too bad you're going to miss this one, Marty! Also, you'll miss SEEING (nevermind hearing) Tom's side of the story!

Scott - Your F1 rear is on the way!

Crop - I watched Potter's video the other day. Three words: Hire an attorney.

NEW TOPICS:
AWD NARROW - Several racers have been trying to figure out ways to make the AWD car competitive in narrow. Honestly, the way the rules are set up now, the AWD is way too slow (with the stock or PN 70 turn motors) and not competitive at all. This week we discussed making the Kyosho X-Speed AWD motor a legal motor in Narrow. We may try it tonight in Nat's AWD since mine is triple-stacked. What do you guys think?

LM MOTORS - Naturally, since I chose the Atomic USA motor as the LM spec motor, they discontinued it, which forces me to have to add anther motor to that class. The USA is a little faster than a 70 turn (except in certain cars :rolleyes: ) or a little slower than the pink label. I think we should add the pink label as an optional motor in this class. We have no choice - we have to add something. What do you guys think?

See y'all tonight!

PadrinoNY
2010.05.06, 03:21 PM
:( Too bad that the tragedies that hit me in the beginning of the month left me with a catastrophe of bills that just showed up IF NOT I would've been there. May consider even selling my just completed AWD just to get an 03... Hope to get there sometime soon........:(

ActionRC
2010.05.06, 04:45 PM
Also, everyone, I have the new Peak 900 AAA's on the way. They're distributed by Kyosho, so they should be REALLY good. More 750 and 990 R1's on the way too, in addition to lots of PN stuff for Saturday!

(Pucho - So should I NOT continue to hold the Enzo for you?)

CDR racing
2010.05.06, 05:18 PM
Great discussions, everyone. It looks like interest in F1 is up enough to maybe run it as the third class next time around. If anyone is in need of one, let me know so I can get some of the limited edition 2.4 versions while they are still available. (Eug - I took mine right out of the box and it was GREAT!)

I am really looking forward to running on the fast track tonight! (Too bad you're going to miss this one, Marty! Also, you'll miss SEEING (nevermind hearing) Tom's side of the story!

Scott - Your F1 rear is on the way!

Crop - I watched Potter's video the other day. Three words: Hire an attorney.

NEW TOPICS:
AWD NARROW - Several racers have been trying to figure out ways to make the AWD car competitive in narrow. Honestly, the way the rules are set up now, the AWD is way too slow (with the stock or PN 70 turn motors) and not competitive at all. This week we discussed making the Kyosho X-Speed AWD motor a legal motor in Narrow. We may try it tonight in Nat's AWD since mine is triple-stacked. What do you guys think?

LM MOTORS - Naturally, since I chose the Atomic USA motor as the LM spec motor, they discontinued it, which forces me to have to add anther motor to that class. The USA is a little faster than a 70 turn (except in certain cars :rolleyes: ) or a little slower than the pink label. I think we should add the pink label as an optional motor in this class. We have no choice - we have to add something. What do you guys think?

See y'all tonight!

What was in this video? I am looking forward to seeing it Saturday. I still hold my side of the story, and after I looked at the tapes more I thought most of what I said about the events was true, but I'm open to seeing this "Intriguing evidence." I think this will just go down as a sort of Yogi Berra Jackie Robinson stealing home thing, no matter what evidence comes up neither of us will ever give in.

As far as the motors go I am against opening it to the AWD X-Speed. We had this argument once before for another class, I forget which one it was, and came to the decision that if you choose to run the AWD, you will just have to accept the speed disadvantage (no different than runing an 015 depsite the center of gravity disadvantage.) I still think that should be the case. Most people know my feelings on this class, since it often comes up anytime someone runs a better lap in an 015 than in a wide car. I do not believe that there is enough spec in this class anymore. It started as purely Stock motor, then moved to 70 turn, and there has been discussion of adding other motors to that a couple of times, and I think the changes are just taking us further and further from the original concept of the class. With the number of motors out there now, each one a little faster than one and a little slower than another, where is the line drawn? Well 70 turn is a little better than stock, usa is a little better than 70 turn, X-speed and standard are probably a little better than them, and then there's the ATM Stocks and PN Speedys at the top. I just think the more variety there is the more the "Spec" of the class will be damaged. Just my two cents.

In the wake of the incident with a certain Potter character, I have been tossing something around in my head the past week. If I use the software on my computer to save the video to my computer, It will allow things such as the Tom crash to be seen much clearer, since the computer software is much clearer than streaming online. However, you can only use the video source for one application at a time. So here's the dilemma. Do we switch from Stickam to computer software to get a clearer image which I can then post the mains to an ARCMS youtube channel the next day, but lose the live feed, or do we keep the Stickam and have a more blurry image? Let me know what you guys think and prefer. It hasn't really been an issue up until this week. Just curious what you're thoughts are. Another possibility, is getting a second camera to do both, but this will cost money...so let me know you're ideas. I've been debating it in my head the past week so now let the debate begin on here.

EMU
2010.05.06, 06:35 PM
Maybe we can have a spec motor designed specifically for the narrow class.

I seem to remember beating my stock time with my old narrow 015 with Kyosho stock motor a bunch of times. To say that the 70t has made the class faster, is not necessarily true.

Racing has to evolve. Parts, motors, etc, are produced in limited runs, and setups must keep up with what is on the market. A lot of people have fun working on their setups, and trying new things to see if there is a competetive edge. If you keep everything the same, you wont see improvements.

I dont feel that the speed of the narrow cars is what is giving the faster laptimes and runs, it is the line that they can take while maintaining momentum/corner speed. The cars are smaller, so they can squeeze through tight sections without slowing down as much. Layout design also plays a major role, as does grip. Through certain sections with my wide car I have to lay off throttle and slow down, where I can take that same section without slowing down in the narrow car, that is a major difference maker in laptimes.

My personal feeling is that the narrow class should have the same motor restrictions as wide. Would I use an ATM stock with a narrow car, no... the car would be undriveable. I am already nearly over the limit of what the car can do with a 70t without having to make major setup balance adjustments. Going to a faster motor would hurt the performance instead of help it.

I will say, that I really do not like the current PN 70t. It has too much drag brake, and doesnt roll through the corners. I would like a motor with a little less torque, but more roll for the narrow class. The fast slowdown that the 70t has increases traction rolls, especially with the narrow track width and relatively high CG bodies. Its a shame that the USA motor is discontinued. I believe that the ATM Stock BB is going to be the ATM race handout motor this year, and they have no need for the USA race motor, despite it being a very good motor inbetween the 70t and Standard. The previous 70t was a much better motor in my opinion. Very similar in feel to the USA motor.

I believe that the USA motor is the same armature as the Standard, with bushings instead of ball bearings. I will send an inquiry to the ATM customer service rep and see what info he can get.

About the video, I think recording the mains is better than the live feed. I am sure that some people want to see who is there, before they decide to go... so maybe keep it live for qualify, and record the mains???

EMU
2010.05.06, 06:36 PM
Maybe we can have a spec motor designed specifically for the narrow class.

I seem to remember beating my stock time with my old narrow 015 with Kyosho stock motor a bunch of times. To say that the 70t has made the class faster, is not necessarily true.

Racing has to evolve. Parts, motors, etc, are produced in limited runs, and setups must keep up with what is on the market. A lot of people have fun working on their setups, and trying new things to see if there is a competetive edge. If you keep everything the same, you wont see improvements.

I dont feel that the speed of the narrow cars is what is giving the faster laptimes and runs, it is the line that they can take while maintaining momentum/corner speed. The cars are smaller, so they can squeeze through tight sections without slowing down as much. Layout design also plays a major role, as does grip. Through certain sections with my wide car I have to lay off throttle and slow down, where I can take that same section without slowing down in the narrow car, that is a major difference maker in laptimes.

My personal feeling is that the narrow class should have the same motor restrictions as wide. Would I use an ATM stock with a narrow car, no... the car would be undriveable. I am already nearly over the limit of what the car can do with a 70t without having to make major setup balance adjustments. Going to a faster motor would hurt the performance instead of help it.

I will say, that I really do not like the current PN 70t. It has too much drag brake, and doesnt roll through the corners. I would like a motor with a little less torque, but more roll for the narrow class. The fast slowdown that the 70t has increases traction rolls, especially with the narrow track width and relatively high CG bodies. Its a shame that the USA motor is discontinued. I believe that the ATM Stock BB is going to be the ATM race handout motor this year, and they have no need for the USA race motor, despite it being a very good motor inbetween the 70t and Standard. The previous 70t was a much better motor in my opinion. Very similar in feel to the USA motor.

I believe that the USA motor is the same armature as the Standard, with bushings instead of ball bearings. I will send an inquiry to the ATM customer service rep and see what info he can get.

About the video, I think recording the mains is better than the live feed. I am sure that some people want to see who is there, before they decide to go... so maybe keep it live for qualify, and record the mains???

hpotter
2010.05.06, 06:41 PM
In the wake of the incident with a certain Potter character, I have been tossing something around in my head the past week. If I use the software on my computer to save the video to my computer, It will allow things such as the Tom crash to be seen much clearer, since the computer software is much clearer than streaming online. However, you can only use the video source for one application at a time. So here's the dilemma. Do we switch from Stickam to computer software to get a clearer image which I can then post the mains to an ARCMS youtube channel the next day, but lose the live feed, or do we keep the Stickam and have a more blurry image? Let me know what you guys think and prefer. It hasn't really been an issue up until this week. Just curious what you're thoughts are. Another possibility, is getting a second camera to do both, but this will cost money...so let me know you're ideas. I've been debating it in my head the past week so now let the debate begin on here.

I really don't think its worth it because you would need cameras all over the place to catch every angle and turn and it still won't change anything as there is no instant replay. Whatever happens just does and even if every inch of track was covered by video there would still be debates because everyone has different views on racing etiquette, takes different lines etc. I would however if it was possible love to somehow get a really clear view of the track at a good angle so we could see how good and close the racing really is.

EMU
2010.05.06, 06:44 PM
I really don't think its worth it because you would need cameras all over the place to catch every angle and turn and it still won't change anything as there is no instant replay. Whatever happens just does and even if every inch of track was covered by video there would still be debates because everyone has different views on racing etiquette, takes different lines etc. I would however if it was possible love to somehow get a really clear view of the track at a good angle so we could see how good and close the racing really is.

Put a camera on your car when you race. Then crop can have a close up of you taking him out :p

CDR racing
2010.05.06, 06:47 PM

Well that's sort of my point. I'm not considering doing this just for the sake of settling arguments. My point is the video of the races will be MUCH clearer. The way it is right now, stickam is good for letting people who can't make it or who are just looking online see what is generally going on the place and somewhat follow the races, but it is not good for showing the actual racing action. If it were on the computer software, it would show the racing on the track much better as well.

CDR racing
2010.05.06, 06:56 PM
Put a camera on your car when you race. Then crop can have a close up of you taking him out :p

Wow...I have EMU on my side in this argument, I guess that settles it. :D If only he were there, he could have written a detailed 9 page report about the incident to prove my point.

Fifty7
2010.05.06, 08:17 PM

Now THAT was funny. Wish I was racing right now instead of reading about it. :mad:

rajiex
2010.05.06, 08:39 PM
Al,

I tried that PN70T in the AWD and it does not fit. I tried the same motor in a stock rear pod and it does not fit the pinion side guide. Could it be I got a weird motor. I will show it to you on Saturday.

hpotter
2010.05.07, 01:33 AM
Well, if anyone has the equipment available you could always keep the Stickcam setup the way it is and use another system to record the races seperately for clarity--but again unless someone has the needed tools its just another expense. If anyone knows of a camera small enough that can be mounted securely on a mini z and not get destroyed in a race let the info flow because that would be the ultimate :D. On another note, seems like a lot of people are going to be eating humble pie come Saturday :):).

Fifty7
2010.05.07, 09:01 AM
Well, if anyone has the equipment available you could always keep the Stickcam setup the way it is and use another system to record the races seperately for clarity--but again unless someone has the needed tools its just another expense. If anyone knows of a camera small enough that can be mounted securely on a mini z and not get destroyed in a race let the info flow because that would be the ultimate :D. On another note, seems like a lot of people are going to be eating humble pie come Saturday :):).

I hope i can find some free time Saturday to stop by and have a slice, maybe I'll bring ice cream and we'll have a little a la mode.

How do i find the video online so i can ready my own opinion?

hpotter
2010.05.07, 12:46 PM
I hope i can find some free time Saturday to stop by and have a slice, maybe I'll bring ice cream and we'll have a little a la mode.

How do i find the video online so i can ready my own opinion?

Stickcam.com--search box put in actionrc and then hit videos--or I think there might be a link on f******k, not sure though. You'll have to find the right video and FF to the point but trust me can't really tell because it was at the back of the track.

Fifty7
2010.05.07, 01:09 PM
Stickcam.com--search box put in actionrc and then hit videos--or I think there might be a link on f******k, not sure though. You'll have to find the right video and FF to the point but trust me can't really tell because it was at the back of the track.

Thanks. (it's Stickam.com btw) i found the site and without knowing where it is it's hard to find but all i can say is Crop did say before the start "I'm taking Tom's a$$ out this race" so unless he meant "taking out " like a date, it looks bad for him.

EMU
2010.05.07, 01:20 PM
Thanks. (it's Stickam.com btw) i found the site and without knowing where it is it's hard to find but all i can say is Crop did say before the start "I'm taking Tom's a$$ out this race" so unless he meant "taking out " like a date, it looks bad for him.

Sounds like you dont even need to see the video after hearing that comment. If Tom did take Crop out, he was just defending himself. Crop threatened him, and Tom got scared, and put him to the wall :) There really is a lot into this one incident. It is the biggest single racing incident scandal in ARCMS history. And to top it off, it is between two Gu-Doty teammates :rolleyes:

philly123
2010.05.07, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you dont even need to see the video after hearing that comment. If Tom did take Crop out, he was just defending himself. Crop threatened him, and Tom got scared, and put him to the wall :) There really is a lot into this one incident. It is the biggest single racing incident scandal in ARCMS history. And to top it off, it is between two Gu-Doty teammates :rolleyes:

There is a major disagreement with Team Gu-Doty which means I'm the only sane Gu-Doty left??:eek:

PadrinoNY
2010.05.07, 02:55 PM
Hey Al in that PN order do you have the 98-102mm rear ORANGE coming cause that tri damper requires that rear end the long arm is for my rear with the 94mm tri damper...... BTW Shafiq who will be next on that awesome track LOL:D. It was to cool last night.

hpotter
2010.05.07, 03:00 PM
Me and Crop basically agreed that what happened was just close racing--the only thing about the video that I found was NOT about the 'incident', it was about theory of racing that we disagreed on--that no one but me, Al and Crop heard because no one else was there. By reading some posts by other club members it seems that others are trying to create some TEAM GU-DOTY dissention--hmm could it be that some racers are starting to get a little nervous at the improving driving skills of Crop and myself? Something to think about :D

Debates amongst team members is common and only makes the team stronger

Fifty7
2010.05.07, 03:03 PM
Me and Crop basically agreed that what happened was just close racing--the only thing about the video that I found was NOT about the 'incident', it was about theory of racing that we disagreed on--that no one but me, Al and Crop heard because no one else was there. By reading some posts by other club members it seems that others are trying to create some TEAM GU-DOTY dissention--hmm could it be that some racers are starting to get a little nervous at the improving driving skills of Crop and myself? Something to think about :D

Wait!! Does this mean we're not having pie Saturday?? WTF!!!:p:p

hpotter
2010.05.07, 03:09 PM
Wait!! Does this mean we're not having pie Saturday?? WTF!!!:p:p

The pie is for those members attempting to create strife in an otherwise calm and relaxing racing environment :)

ShortBus
2010.05.07, 03:45 PM
hmmm, is team "goo goo" doty a one hit wonder ??????

Fifty7
2010.05.07, 03:50 PM
The pie is for those members attempting to create strife in an otherwise calm and relaxing racing environment :)

So what are you saying? You're gonna eat the whole pie yourself. :D

PadrinoNY
2010.05.07, 04:03 PM

And if Tom has it his way with Lady GaGa he can name his first name that "Goo Goo GaGa" LMAO:D

hpotter
2010.05.07, 04:48 PM

I don't think we'll ever know because I doubt Al will ever let Team GU-DOTY reconvene due to our absolute dominance at the last team event :D:D

CDR racing
2010.05.07, 05:19 PM
Wow lots to address here:

Phil- Seeing as how i have the naming rights to team Gu-Doty, I believe it is impossible for anyone but me to be the last remaining member.(Then again DALE EARHNARDT jr. left DALE EARNHARDT INC., so who knows?)

On that note, Tom is right. The debate between Tom and me is not causing any tensions in Team Gu-Doty. Like he said debates just makes the team stronger and will make us more dominant.:) However, I will say that Phil is some what right, he's one of two remaining sane members of Team Gu-Doty...you guys figure it out. :D

Marty- Just to clarify, you were watching the wrong race. The I'm taking tom's ass out comment was before the 015 start, which was in the wake of the "incident." Up until the main, Tom and I had actually been running extremely close door to door and kept it clean all night. Then someone screwed that up.:D

Tom- Is there a reason you're not telling me this evidence you have on video, I want to know!

I will say that I'm quite proud of being a part of the most controversial incident in Action RC and creating all this action on the forum. Also, Guiness hasn't confirmed it yet, but i believe I have prompted the recored for most posts by Hpotter in a 7 day period! So all in all, with the exception of my 3rd place finish instead of 2nd (or possibly 1st), it's been a successful week!

hpotter
2010.05.07, 06:32 PM
Wow lots to address here:

Phil- Seeing as how i have the naming rights to team Gu-Doty, I believe it is impossible for anyone but me to be the last remaining member.(Then again DALE EARHNARDT jr. left DALE EARNHARDT INC., so who knows?)

On that note, Tom is right. The debate between Tom and me is not causing any tensions in Team Gu-Doty. Like he said debates just makes the team stronger and will make us more dominant.:) However, I will say that Phil is some what right, he's one of two remaining sane members of Team Gu-Doty...you guys figure it out. :D

Marty- Just to clarify, you were watching the wrong race. The I'm taking tom's ass out comment was before the 015 start, which was in the wake of the "incident." Up until the main, Tom and I had actually been running extremely close door to door and kept it clean all night. Then someone screwed that up.:D

Tom- Is there a reason you're not telling me this evidence you have on video, I want to know!

I will say that I'm quite proud of being a part of the most controversial incident in Action RC and creating all this action on the forum. Also, Guiness hasn't confirmed it yet, but i believe I have prompted the recored for most posts by Hpotter in a 7 day period! So all in all, with the exception of my 3rd place finish instead of 2nd (or possibly 1st), it's been a successful week!

Nope there is no reason, its just that it really can't be put into words--its just easier to see. But like I said its really about the discussion we had about racing lines etc--it's actually really funny, I know Al is looking forward to Satutrday.

Slapstick10
2010.05.08, 08:39 AM
All though the Tom/Crop saga is very funny. You guys should start thinking about the B main guys which by the way are getting real good and right on your a$$. And racing lines......we make our own.
A-Main drivers beware!!!!!!

jackg
2010.05.08, 09:21 AM
good point. just wait til me and Scott are filling out the bottom of the A:eek: -j

EMU
2010.05.08, 09:46 AM
You must have eaten a lot of pie to fill out the bottom of the A ;) I heard that Tom is bringing some this week, I just dont know if he is willing to share with everyone. He may want it all for himself today :p

Moving up through the ranks gets you full of it. Once you start making A mains consistently, you sometimes forget what it took to get you there. Everyone that is running in the A has put a lot of time and effort to get their cars working and develop as a driver, and has eaten a lot of pie at one point or another... which is why they cant marshall, theyre full of it :rolleyes:

I have a feeling Tom is going to throw the pie in my face as soon as I get to the track :eek:

PadrinoNY
2010.05.08, 09:51 AM
Eugene are you there tonight? Hey Al in the PN order did we get any of the 98-102mm rear mounts this tri damper requires it....... I should hopefully see the lot of you guys tonight..... Shafiq if your out here sand baggin are you ready to hand out the beat downs in the B possibly A? :eek:

EMU
2010.05.08, 10:41 AM
I will be going to Action with Shafiq tonight :) We ran at MHS last night, I wanted to shakedown the cars that I plan to use in the Carolina race that Shafiq and I are going to next week. Its going to be a great trip.

We are going to get a behind the scenes tour in Nascar central. One of the Mini-Z racers down there works for Joe Gibbs :D We just have to get down there early enough on Friday to do it. The A-teams should all be at Dover, but I was assured that there will be plenty going on...

Slapstick10
2010.05.08, 12:33 PM
thanks for the info Emu. I knew if I threw in a juicy word like "rollout" I would get a good response.-j

Eugene are you there tonight? Hey Al in the PN order did we get any of the 98-102mm rear mounts this tri damper requires it....... I should hopefully see the lot of you guys tonight..... Shafiq if your out here sand baggin are you ready to hand out the beat downs in the B possibly A? :eek:

Just for you pucho I'm going to take b main tonight with the awd you gave!!!!

PadrinoNY
2010.05.08, 12:53 PM
Just for you pucho I'm going to take b main tonight with the awd you gave!!!!

LOL :D You got to the love that mango...... How the watermelon coming along? Are we gonna see it tonight? I GOT SOMETHING YOU CAN DEFFINITLEY SEE COMING DOWN THE STRAIGHT TONIGHT AND NO IT AIN'T MORE ORANGE DOTS LOL

philly123
2010.05.08, 02:24 PM
Uh Oh, looks like where guna have a Team Krousdank member in the house tonight. :eek:

PadrinoNY
2010.05.08, 02:31 PM
hmmmmm that doesn't sound good

Slapstick10
2010.05.08, 02:42 PM
Hey anyone of you guys who has an F1.... If you have a v1 front wing for sale let me know. I only ask because I know some of you are looking into the V2!!!!!

EMU
2010.05.08, 02:47 PM
Maybe we should do a Team championship series, as sort of a manufacturers cup in addition to the drivers championship. This would mean that people would have to help their teammates both off the road and on it. Work on setups together and race for team points (add all the drivers points together to get the team totals, drops being counted for the lowest team total each week, not individual drivers.

I think it would add even more of a twist for our regularly exciting points series.

Teams would have to consist of drivers from different divisions in the previous points series. Team attendance can make or break the championship...

Pucho,
I have 2 v1 mounts installed on two of my cars. None for sale. I can pick up one (or maybe a few) when I go down to Carolina next week. Mantis is going to the race, and is going to be bringing a bunch from what I heard. I will tell you, it will change the game in F1, cars will run tighter, get hung up less... stay in one piece. 3 cars with the bumpers were run last night at MHS, and they performed very well.

KA2AEV
2010.05.08, 03:16 PM

So I guess you'll be having a couple of pieces Tom?:D:D

minittrackmann
2010.05.09, 09:15 PM
Was the layout switched around at all??

Also whats the link for the stickam?

Thanks,
Cody

hpotter
2010.05.09, 09:47 PM
Was the layout switched around at all??

Also whats the link for the stickam?

Thanks,
Cody

Yep, and just put actionrc in the searchbox on stickams site

CDR racing
2010.05.09, 10:14 PM
Cody- Last night's mains aren't on stickam if that's what you're looking for. Tomorrow I will be making a youtube channel for ARCMS and putting the mains there every week...I'll let everyone know when they're up.

ActionRC
2010.05.11, 01:23 PM
Hey, everyone! This forum has been so funny lately! I love it! I have updated all of the points on the website. I tried completing them yesterday, but it is so busy here at work right now that it took me all day to try to complete it and I couldn't by 5:00. I wasn't home last night, but they're done and posted now. Between Communions, Mother's Day, and Juliana having to get some testing done in NYC yesterday, it's been a crazy time. Thankfully, things are settling back down for Dover next weekend!!!

I completely changed the layout again. I enjoyed last week's layout as a fun, fast change, but it was certainly not a layout I would run more than once. I couldn't believe how difficult it was for drivers to make their normally semi-predictable mains. After the reshuffle, Lil' Mikey was TQ in the B! Adam and Dave (normally A-B drivers) made the C! We have MANY more twsists and turns this wek, and I put in an interesting change to the starting grid, so it should be a fun week.

Pucho - I do have some 98-102 rears in stock. I think I have blue ones left, but call tonight and I'll let you know which one I have for sure, just in case I have an orange one. I also have the longer upper arms for 94-98 rears for the shock system.

See everyone tonight!

Fifty7
2010.05.11, 01:47 PM
We have MANY more twsists and turns this wek, and I put in an interesting change to the starting grid, so it should be a fun week.

When you say "interesting" we are in trouble. :eek::eek: