PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Spoon
2006.05.12, 03:58 PM
DO NOT GO TO THE TRACK TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Unfortunately, due to some family obligations, I have to close the track tonight. Action RC will be open for normal hours on Saturday as usual for another night of fun racing. The new track is really cool, so hopefully, we'll see you there tomorrow night.

Al

This kind of sucks! I was just getting my batteries charged and I don't think I'll be able to get out there tomorrow.

I didn't realize you were the head man out there SaiTam...I guess that's cool. :cool:

EDIT: Anyone else in the area going anywhere else tonight :confused:

MINIz guy11
2006.05.12, 04:14 PM
phil, how much are you selling that lithium pack for? the one for a MZM

SaiTam
2006.05.12, 04:26 PM
Spoon,

Where in NJ are you now?

I'm next to the Lincoln tunnel in NJ side working.

Spoon
2006.05.12, 04:29 PM
Paterson...about 12 miles from the GWB.

SaiTam
2006.05.12, 04:40 PM
I am going to Queens after work.

For hobby needs call or visit CruizinRC. THey may have some get together or helicopter flying.

EMU
2006.05.12, 05:02 PM
I didn't realize you were the head man out there SaiTam...I guess that's cool. :cool:

Hes not, he just copied an email that was sent out :p

philly
2006.05.12, 09:39 PM
maybe im not sure yet

monkey19
2006.05.12, 11:25 PM
I am going to Queens after work.

For hobby needs call or visit CruizinRC. THey may have some get together or helicopter flying.

are there any decent hobby shops in queens that have mini-z stuff??

SaiTam
2006.05.13, 09:58 AM

I think I have more Mini-Z stuffs at my home in Queens than any other LHS there.

Who from Manhattan is going to ACRS today? Who's carpooling?

builthatch
2006.05.13, 09:59 AM

try to make the trip to Ramsey, NJ ta go to Cruizin w/ RC's.

philly
2006.05.17, 08:11 PM
hey lou u gotta come run with us i found about 3 new guys to run nitro, give me a call! :rolleyes:

LouC
2006.05.18, 07:31 AM
hey lou u gotta come run with us i found about 3 new guys to run nitro, give me a call! :rolleyes:

i will call you - where / when are you running?
havent seen you at Al's - whats up?
i wont be there this weekend -but will be there
next.

are you going to the pn race on the 11th?

philly
2006.05.23, 11:31 PM
hey lou. ever since the last time i was there i started doing work to get the boats ready and not fished till next weel prob but ill def be at the pn race
-wer runnin at a baseball field near my house ttyl

Lionblade
2006.06.14, 12:56 PM
Anybody want to take a trip to race with the DC or DOW guys this summer? It'd be nice to go this year, since we couldn't show last time.

I'd offer to drive a few people, but I won't have my license 'till September or so. Damn my late birthday.

What do you think?

SaiTam
2006.06.14, 07:18 PM
I may go for a PA GTG but not sure about DC. There may be another round of NY Regional in the summer since not too many showed up this time.

In Sept. our guys are traveling to Canada for the PN race there.

imxlr8ed
2006.06.14, 08:20 PM
Let us know when you're planning to stop by... we look forward to it !

dean
2006.06.14, 09:09 PM
How many of your guys heading up to Canada?

LouC
2006.06.15, 06:55 AM
What's a GTG?

Is there a PN race in DC? if so - whats the date?

arch2b
2006.06.15, 08:44 AM
gtg= get together

no, no pn race in dc, infact, if it were nto for our club i don't think there would be any mini-z racing in dc. if the dow guys got turned down for a pn regional we certainly don't have a snowballs chance in hell in hosting one.

dow and dc put together the regional gtg's inorder to promote the hobby in this area. so far few if any of the ny people have attended.

i will be meeting with a hobby shop owner this weekend about when to schedule a regional gtg (not pn race). i hope to have more information soon.

LouC
2006.06.15, 09:35 AM
gtg= get together

no, no pn race in dc, infact, if it were nto for our club i don't think there would be any mini-z racing in dc. if the dow guys got turned down for a pn regional we certainly don't have a snowballs chance in hell in hosting one.

dow and dc put together the regional gtg's inorder to promote the hobby in this area. so far few if any of the ny people have attended.

i will be meeting with a hobby shop owner this weekend about when to schedule a regional gtg (not pn race). i hope to have more information soon.

Keep us posted!!

LouC
2006.06.15, 09:37 AM
I may go for a PA GTG but not sure about DC. There may be another round of NY Regional in the summer since not too many showed up this time.

In Sept. our guys are traveling to Canada for the PN race there.

Are you guys flying up or driving??

SaiTam
2006.06.15, 09:50 AM
Driving. Willy has a motor home that can sit many. We'll visit Toronto as well.

Where is the DC GTG? On July 9th we have Tamiya TCS race in Laurel, MD. We may have time on July 8th.

I go to Lancaster, PA for vacation every summer therefore I may stop by Reading PA for a Sunday race. I have RCP tracks if you need additional tiles. Currently I have 4 big boxes that are unused, I can bring some tiles for expansion.

gasman1
2006.06.15, 02:02 PM
we would be pleased to have you. just let us know when you're coming.

Spoon
2006.06.15, 02:07 PM

Where is the DC GTG? On July 9th we have Tamiya TCS race in Laurel, MD. We may have time on July 8th.

I go to Lancaster, PA for vacation every summer therefore I may stop by Reading PA for a Sunday race. I have RCP tracks if you need additional tiles. Currently I have 4 big boxes that are unused, I can bring some tiles for expansion.

The DC GTG is in Germantown MD. Google maps says it's about 30 miles from Laurel. You should stop by.

LouC
2006.06.15, 06:51 PM
where is germantown? - i did a search in mapquest and 4 different locations (counties) came up

What is the date of the DC GTG?

pchan0
2006.06.18, 10:07 AM
Sweet, see you guys in September at the PN Regional in Toronto, Canada.:)

builthatch
2006.06.23, 10:20 PM
who is going to ARCMS tomorrow?

EMU
2006.06.23, 11:48 PM
who is going to ARCMS tomorrow?
I wont be around, have to go to work to setup for the summer.

LouC
2006.06.25, 05:20 PM
builthatch -
nice meeting you - hope to see you there again!

builthatch
2006.06.26, 12:12 AM
builthatch -
nice meeting you - hope to see you there again!

definitely, great meeting you as well. maybe next time i can keep my mod car from losing tires as well as hold a line for more than 1/4 of the track ; )

Stock is more my bag until i get mounds of practice on a big track like that...it's a bit of a shock if you are armed with a dangerously fast car.

i had a great amount of fun. Do you ever go on Thursdays? I think i'll be able to be more sociable in a setting where i'm not figuring out car issues for two classes.

builthatch
2006.06.27, 12:02 AM
definitely, great meeting you as well. maybe next time i can keep my mod car from losing tires as well as hold a line for more than 1/4 of the track ; )

Stock is more my bag until i get mounds of practice on a big track like that...it's a bit of a shock if you are armed with a dangerously fast car.

i had a great amount of fun. Do you ever go on Thursdays? I think i'll be able to be more sociable in a setting where i'm not figuring out car issues for two classes.

Hey y'all, i'm going on Thu, anyone else showing up?

LouC
2006.06.27, 08:31 AM
Hey y'all, i'm going on Thu, anyone else showing up?

I never make it there during the week!

philly
2006.06.27, 09:27 PM
can any 1 do a 3 foward and 3 reverse fet job

LouC
2006.06.28, 06:37 AM
can any 1 do a 3 foward and 3 reverse fet job

hey philly - adam and i are going to be in LBI next week
and plan on getting together one morning to run our
cars, email me if you are going to be down there and want to join us.

philly
2006.06.28, 09:35 PM
yea im goin down thursday nite an ill be there till likk wensday so my # is 17186192720 idk if im gunna ahve my cars cuz im busy but ill try

builthatch
2006.06.29, 12:08 AM
I never make it there during the week!

bummer...i'm def going. i talked to magic last nite, who 'magically' surfaced after a disappearing act that rivalved DB Cooper. I tried to get him to come out to action to hang out but he's now working nights so it's all out for him evidently.

not like i could get him there if he didn't work nights, but t'was worth the try.

philly
2006.06.29, 07:20 PM
do u have a screen name lou

CDR racing
2006.07.03, 04:11 PM
Hey everyone! This is crop. Just wondering if anyone has any tips about a good drift set-up for the AWD.

builthatch
2006.07.03, 04:29 PM
Hey everyone! This is crop. Just wondering if anyone has any tips about a good drift set-up for the AWD.

hmm, cropduster ehh....

as far as drift ma 010, there are more than a few present on the board in action.

sai was around alot of them in HK so he might have some info for your right off the bat.

CDR racing
2006.07.03, 09:07 PM
Hey guys its me again. Still kinda new at this so i was wondering can anyone tell me how to make a gallery. Thanx ;)

SaiTam
2006.07.03, 09:56 PM
Stock MA-010 can drift w/drift tires. Seriously you don't need anything other than tires.

CDR racing
2006.07.03, 10:06 PM
Stock MA-010 can drift w/drift tires. Seriously you don't need anything other than tires.

K Thanx Sai ;) By the way havn't seen you guys in a while. Where have you been?

ZYHAC
2006.07.03, 10:17 PM
Welcome to the site.

CDR racing
2006.07.03, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the site.

Thnx. DO i noe u? Do u race at ARCMS?

ZYHAC
2006.07.03, 10:28 PM
Thnx. DO i noe u? Do u race at ARCMS?

YEA you know me McClaren blue and grey.
Love dark colored cars and the last 2 weeks I haven't been at the track

CDR racing
2006.07.03, 10:38 PM
YEA you know me McClaren blue and grey.
Love dark colored cars and the last 2 weeks I haven't been at the track

Oh hey wauts up? Why wun u say ur name? Where u been the past two weeks?

ZYHAC
2006.07.03, 10:41 PM
Oh hey wauts up? Why wun u say ur name? Where u been the past two weeks?

i love the srceen name better. also i am moving to NJ soon, so i need to save up some money.

CDR racing
2006.07.03, 10:45 PM
i love the srceen name better. also i am moving to NJ soon, so i need to save up some money.

o kool. Good Luck

ZYHAC
2006.07.03, 10:48 PM
o kool. Good Luck
thankz I will see you around soon enough. Tell your family I said hi.

builthatch
2006.07.03, 10:51 PM
K Thanx Sai ;) By the way havn't seen you guys in a while. Where have you been?

crop, did you end up picking up the lancia? it's jared by the way...

SaiTam
2006.07.04, 09:21 AM
I have been running Heli & On/Off Road 1/10th scale lately.

D,

Where in NJ are you moving to?

Sai

ZYHAC
2006.07.04, 10:17 AM
I have been running Heli & On/Off Road 1/10th scale lately.

D,

Where in NJ are you moving to?

Sai

Somewhere around Jesery City. My wifes job is moving out there and instead of traveling back and forth we decided to just move out there.

CDR racing
2006.07.04, 09:18 PM
crop, did you end up picking up the lancia? it's jared by the way...

No. I didn't have enough money for the an RTR and I already had gotten the Fairlady Z to run on it.

builthatch
2006.07.04, 11:05 PM
No. I didn't have enough money for the an RTR and I already had gotten the Fairlady Z to run on it.
ahh, that's right, you showed me that body....

ZYHAC
2006.07.08, 10:36 AM
Who is going to the track tonight?

LouC
2006.07.10, 08:24 AM
I stopped by the track on Saturday night. There were only 5 racers!!!! SAD turnout. I havent seen a decent crowd there since the PN race. Not sure how much longer he can stay open with these types of turnouts? :mad:

michvin
2006.07.10, 08:36 AM
it's pretty normal for summer time - the indoor tracks are much more crowded in winter. In addition, there was a Tamiya race in Maryland last Sat, a lot of people (me included) are having vacations...

SaiTam
2006.07.10, 09:18 AM
I was at Maryland yesterday, along with some of the Staten Islanders who used to show up at Al's. Some Mini-Zers were racing at Jackson NJ and Floyd Bennett field in Bklyn for the weekend.

Lou,
I am sick today from diahrrea, I will give you the AWD tomorrow.

I stopped by the track on Saturday night. There were only 5 racers!!!! SAD turnout. I havent seen a decent crowd there since the PN race. Not sure how much longer he can stay open with these types of turnouts? :mad:

LouC
2006.07.10, 09:24 AM
I was on vacation also - thats why I justed stopped by and
didnt race on Saturday. I know its normal to be slow in the summer - but is was pathetic to see only 5 people there. I cannot imagine how he can afford to keep the doors open to that place with such a small turnout.

MINIz guy11
2006.07.10, 11:45 AM
I am sick today from diahrrea, I will give you the AWD tomorrow.
did you eat some bad take out sai? who exactly were the 5 racers? i want to take a trip over there and try out my new 02.

SaiTam
2006.07.10, 07:04 PM
I probably used some hobby grease in my food while I ate at the Tamiya race in MD

did you eat some bad take out sai? who exactly were the 5 racers? i want to take a trip over there and try out my new 02.

MINIz guy11
2006.07.10, 07:17 PM
I probably used some hobby grease in my food while I ate at the Tamiya race in MD
really? never have watermelon thats in the fridge for 3 day too! i found out the hard way and had diahrrea the last week of school. either that or the food my dad made

builthatch
2006.07.10, 07:58 PM
guys...on a need-to-know basis, A NEED TO KNOW BASIS!!!!

MINIz guy11
2006.07.12, 08:37 AM
whis going to the enduro race at Als? im thinking to go as my first enduro race

SaiTam
2006.07.12, 08:56 AM
Is it safe for 3004 FETs to handle enduro events? I never did enduro before.

MINIz guy11
2006.07.12, 09:13 AM
shhhhhh sai. im gonna sneak my new 02 in. also, if my fets cant take it, can i use 2 diff cars for the cars to cool down at a time?

Lionblade
2006.07.12, 11:17 AM
This Saturday will be an Enduro?

LouC
2006.07.12, 12:40 PM
This Saturday will be an Enduro?

Email from Al:
Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoyig this brutally hot weather. I hate it, and I am VERY glad that Action RC has wonderful air conditioning! This week at Action RC, we have some cool things going on.

Raffle Week! Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, receive one free raffle ticket with your all-night practice/race fee. We'll be giving away gift certificates that will be good towards any purchase or track time. The more people that show up, the better the prize!

1-5 racers: $10
5-10 racers: $20
10+ racers: $25

As always, if you pay for Wednesday and Thursday, Friday is free and you'll STILL get a raffle ticket!

Wednesday - Open practice and practice racing, but I would like to get a group of drift cars out there for some drift racing. This is a class that is lots of fun, and I'd like to get some drift racing going on Saturdays also. Let's get this class built up! Body selection is almost irrelevent, so you can really have some fun with them without effecting performance. Let's see how creative you can get!

Thursday Night Cash Racing and Mini Cooper Spec! We've had some good cash prizes, and we love to have more racers to up the pot. Remember - half the entry fees go back to you, and you ALL have a chance to win. 10 drivers equals a $50 pot! Mini Cooper racing has been a blast too, so come and try it out. MC's are sold at reduced pricing!

FRIDAY NIGHT ENDURO NIGHT!!! This Friday, we will be running an enduro! If you've never done this before, it is so much fun! Pit stops, blurry eyes, wobbling legs, frozen arm muscles - what could be better? It's a true driver test. We'll start at around 8:00 to allow people to get home from work, etc., so be there by 8pm. It's Friday, so we can stay late - no big deal! We'll do some prizes Friday also. Race on Friday because...

WE WILL BE CLOSED THIS SATURDAY, JULY 15th. I do apologize to all of my regular crew of racers, but we'll be back in Action next Saturday for Week 4 of our regular points racing.

It could be a really exciting week, so come on down and have some fun! Email me if you have any questions, or give me a call during our normal evening hours. See you soon!

MINIz guy11
2006.07.12, 12:45 PM
yes! im deff going to the enduro this fri if i dont die going there. im scared bout whos driving me there

Lionblade
2006.07.12, 12:56 PM
I should be there Saturday, then. I love Enduros..points racing annoys me.

MINIz guy11
2006.07.12, 01:01 PM
The Enduro Is On Friday!

builthatch
2006.07.12, 07:34 PM
I should be there Saturday, then. I love Enduros..points racing annoys me.
yeah, no racing on sat.

CDR racing
2006.07.16, 10:49 AM
Hey. Was anyone at the enduro? If so how was it?

MINIz guy11
2006.07.16, 11:31 AM
we had a few people at it. it was fun but i forgot the order. i know joe was first, al or pete was second, i was 4th and bob left in the middle of it

LouC
2006.07.22, 09:15 AM
anybody racing tonight?

junior
2006.07.22, 03:04 PM
anybody racing tonight?

Heading out in about 30 minutes to go racing. Hope to see you all there.

CDR racing
2006.07.26, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are enjoying your summer so far. Here's some Action RC news for all of my fellow racers:

Wednesday, August 2nd - Free practice racing! We will have a track set up at the South Avenue Car Show at 7pm. The car show will be at the West Shore Plaza, right off of Rte. 440's South Avenue exit. This is a pretty big car show, so come and check out some cool cars and some free practice racing. Naturally, this is weather-permitting. The store will be closed this night, but if the forecast is not very good, we'll be open for regular practice and racing.

Mini Cooper Spec - This class has been expanded into more of a Mini Cooper vs. VW Beetle class. Either body will now be permitted, and possibly other small hatchback-style bodies. The same rules will apply - stock motor, motor case, electronics, etc. This has been a lot of fun, so come to Action RC and pick up your Mini Cooper, which are all discounted, today!

Drift Racing - This is another event that has been a lot of fun! We've been running drift races every night! If you have an AWD car and do not have drift tires, you don't know what you're missing. If you do NOT have an AWD car - what are you waiting for!?

That's all for now. Hope to see everyone this week, as well as next Wednesday at the car show!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com
718-317-5420

Lionblade
2006.07.26, 04:24 PM
Well, I get paid tomorrow...I think I might go get myself an AWD this week.

LouC
2006.07.26, 06:17 PM
Well, I get paid tomorrow...I think I might go get myself an AWD this week.

he ran a drifting class on sat night - was alot of fun!!

Lionblade
2006.07.30, 12:25 PM
he ran a drifting class on sat night - was alot of fun!!

It was fun to drift with your MCL, Lou - I don't think I was too shabby for the first time out. :D

BTW, does anyone have a a full set of 0F/0R? I'm running a McLaren for stock now, so I don't have a matching set. Alloy, delrin, or plastic...doesn't really matter.

LouC
2006.07.30, 02:12 PM
It was fun to drift with your MCL, Lou - I don't think I was too shabby for the first time out. :D

BTW, does anyone have a a full set of 0F/0R? I'm running a McLaren for stock now, so I don't have a matching set. Alloy, delrin, or plastic...doesn't really matter.

i have a full set of black alloy 0's- never opened
i will bring them on sat night - if you want them

Lionblade
2006.07.30, 02:15 PM
i have a full set of black alloy 0's- never opened
i will bring them on sat night - if you want them

Sure, just want to ask a few things:

-Brand?
-Regular or Dish(I hate dish wheels...)
-Price/trade?

Thanks, I do need a set. My current fronts are from the Murc & the rears are Pete's. :rolleyes:

I also decided not to paint the MCL I bought. I put everything together, and I like how it looks in white. Besides, me + spray paint = bad things.

LouC
2006.07.31, 06:22 AM
Sure, just want to ask a few things:

-Brand?
-Regular or Dish(I hate dish wheels...)
-Price/trade?

Thanks, I do need a set. My current fronts are from the Murc & the rears are Pete's. :rolleyes:

I also decided not to paint the MCL I bought. I put everything together, and I like how it looks in white. Besides, me + spray paint = bad things.

I think they are TopCad - black BBS style -
they are really nice .

I will trade you for a full set of Murc rims

Lionblade
2006.07.31, 01:26 PM
I think they are TopCad - black BBS style -
they are really nice .

I will trade you for a full set of Murc rims

Sure, you got a deal. I have backups for the Murc if I ever need to run it again anyway. :)

LouC
2006.08.10, 11:20 AM
Anyone racing this Saturday night??? :confused:

Lionblade
2006.08.10, 02:55 PM
I'll be there.

LouC
2006.08.10, 04:16 PM
I'll be there.
how is your new awd???

Lionblade
2006.08.10, 04:21 PM
how is your new awd???

Really good. I had to use it for stock(bearing issue w/ 02), and kept on the lead lap for 9 minutes or so in the main. All stock, even the motor...thank god for that chicane, I ate all of the 02's there. :D

Brought the wrong wheels, so I didn't drift. The right wheels are mounted now with drift tires, so I'll try my hand saturday.

LouC
2006.08.10, 04:26 PM
Really good. I had to use it for stock(bearing issue w/ 02), and kept on the lead lap for 9 minutes or so in the main. All stock, even the motor...thank god for that chicane, I ate all of the 02's there. :D

Brought the wrong wheels, so I didn't drift. The right wheels are mounted now with drift tires, so I'll try my hand saturday.

were there alot of racers last sat?

Lionblade
2006.08.10, 06:17 PM
Few. Most people are runnig nitro or copters now.

I only have Z's, so this is year-round for me.

And I stil lhaven't gotten much better. Ah well, we can't ALL spend 3 days at the track a week, like CROP. :p

builthatch
2006.08.10, 07:36 PM
Few. Most people are runnig nitro or copters now.

I only have Z's, so this is year-round for me.

And I stil lhaven't gotten much better. Ah well, we can't ALL spend 3 days at the track a week, like CROP. :p

FWIW, i won't be back up until fall/winter, when everyone comes back inside.

michvin
2006.08.11, 12:26 PM
i'm out of racing till September, and even then i'll depend on transportation to SI :(

Lionblade
2006.08.18, 09:48 PM
Does anyone have an extra spur gear for the 90mm wheelbase(AWD)? I need one, since I'm going to be running a Lancer for AWD, and it didn't come with mine.

Also, anyone have one of the plastic pieces that go under the t-plate? I somehow misplaced mine, apparently.

arich
2006.08.29, 06:50 PM
What's the racing schedule at action RC?

Thanks,
Anthony
Westchester, NY

SaiTam
2006.08.29, 09:02 PM
What's the racing schedule at action RC?

Thanks,
Anthony
Westchester, NY

ACRMS is opened from WED-SAT.

Check their website: www.actionrcspeedway.com

Lionblade
2006.09.09, 12:29 PM
So, anyone planning on heading up there tonight? I've been absent for a few weeks, so I'm gonna go tonight.

Lionblade
2006.10.02, 09:30 PM
It's been almost a month without a post. :(

Anyway, just to liven things up, I guess....

We all got our asses handed to us by Johnathan..AGAIN. :p I shouldn't have told him he was missing the screw than connected his dampner to the motor mount. :D

FWIW, a few of us were flying...Joe had the most speed as usual, but Pete, Johnathan and I were comparable(I was a bit better on the straight).

----
Me, before I put my car on the track: "Sounds so weak...motor must be dying."
*1 or 2 laps are run, the 350Z is seen flying down the straight*
Al: "....I don't think that motor's dead."

^ one of the best lines of the night.

Also:

*Al's talking on the phone with someone...Pete, Crop, and I are standing near him*
Al: "Ok, yeah, we can get you in one of the heats. Yeah, see you soon."
Me: "Who was that?"
Al: "Johnathan."
Pete, Crop, & myself among others: "ARGH."
------

Who woulda thought he'd kick our asses with barely any practice? That kid is good. :o

michvin
2006.10.02, 10:02 PM
It's been almost a month without a post. :(

Anyway, just to liven things up, I guess....

We all got our asses handed to us by Johnathan..AGAIN. :p I shouldn't have told him he was missing the screw than connected his dampner to the motor mount. :D

FWIW, a few of us were flying...Joe had the most speed as usual, but Pete, Johnathan and I were comparable(I was a bit better on the straight).

----
Me, before I put my car on the track: "Sounds so weak...motor must be dying."
*1 or 2 laps are run, the 350Z is seen flying down the straight*
Al: "....I don't think that motor's dead."

^ one of the best lines of the night.

Also:

*Al's talking on the phone with someone...Pete, Crop, and I are standing near him*
Al: "Ok, yeah, we can get you in one of the heats. Yeah, see you soon."
Me: "Who was that?"
Al: "Johnathan."
Pete, Crop, & myself among others: "ARGH."
------

Who woulda thought he'd kick our asses with barely any practice? That kid is good. :o
Hey, how many people are coming now?

LouC
2006.10.03, 12:14 PM
Hey, how many people are coming now?

15-20 the past few weeks. Things are picking up again. The competition has been great.

Lots of people have AWD's and now the Mini Coopers are catching on. I just got mine!!

LouC
2006.10.04, 06:21 AM
Anyone else going to the PN Race in CT???
So far its me, Adam, Joe, Cruz, Sai, Roland, Willy, Bennet.
(that I know of)

SaiTam
2006.10.04, 09:41 AM
Dave G the Losi driver who beat me in 2WD stock is going.

Don't forget Sammy or maybe Alex V.

Large number of European drivers will also be there, as well as Mini-Z masters from Canada and elsewhere.

I don't expect to be in the A-main but there are people that I want to beat.

My question is who is practicing on 10/27?

I am heading to Japan next week and will have no practice time until the qualifiers on 10/28.

EMU
2006.10.22, 12:50 PM
I just signed up for the PN WC. My main issue was transportation to the track. Hopefully Im not too rusty... Its been about 6 months since Ive driven a Mini-Z. I miss it to death, but due to transportation/work/school issues, I havent been able to get to any races :( and theres no place for me to setup my own small track.

I am building a new AWD for the race. Ill be running stock 2wd and 4wd. No modified... I dont want to touch the setup on my current 4wd (ran really well last time I ran it (Jul 4)), but want to try out the Atomic SAS and 98mm setup...

I dont expect to get into the A main, or even do well (I never seem to run well at big events). I just want to have some fun :P And meet some of the other Mini-Z people from different areas. I know that there is going to be some tough competition there... so Ill give it the best I can...

michvin
2006.10.22, 01:11 PM
I just signed up for the PN WC. My main issue was transportation to the track. Hopefully Im not too rusty... Its been about 6 months since Ive driven a Mini-Z. I miss it to death, but due to transportation/work/school issues, I havent been able to get to any races :( and theres no place for me to setup my own small track.

I am building a new AWD for the race. Ill be running stock 2wd and 4wd. No modified... I dont want to touch the setup on my current 4wd (ran really well last time I ran it (Jul 4)), but want to try out the Atomic SAS and 98mm setup...

I dont expect to get into the A main, or even do well (I never seem to run well at big events). I just want to have some fun :P And meet some of the other Mini-Z people from different areas. I know that there is going to be some tough competition there... so Ill give it the best I can...

I'm still hesitating. My wife's parents are here and they are leaving on 29th...

LouC
2006.10.23, 08:03 AM
I'm still hesitating. My wife's parents are here and they are leaving on 29th...

Im glad some of the old ARCMS NY racers are coming. Most of the regulars now at ARCMS are different than 6 months ago.

Lionblade
2006.10.23, 08:29 AM
Im glad some of the old ARCMS NY racers are coming. Most of the regulars now at ARCMS are different than 6 months ago.

Yeah, but they're still n00bs. Thank God we're not in the C main, Am I right? ;)

Still, I wish I could go.

LouC
2006.10.23, 08:39 AM
Yeah, but they're still n00bs. Thank God we're not in the C main, Am I right? ;)

Still, I wish I could go.

I dont mind nOOBs - makes me feel like a better driver (lol) also it keeps Al in business!!

Lionblade
2006.10.23, 08:55 AM
I dont mind nOOBs - makes me feel like a better driver (lol) also it keeps Al in business!!

True- they buys lotsa stuff, then try to crash into us...our stuff breaks, and we have to buy more stuff from Al. Vicious cycle. :D

And, aren't you supposed to be working or something? You shouldn't be on MZR at 10 AM.

Me, I'm on 'cause I've got Web Design now. xD

michvin
2006.10.23, 11:32 AM
How many drivers are usually there these days?

LouC
2006.10.23, 12:01 PM
How many drivers are usually there these days?

Varies - 10, 15, 20....
Every week seems to be getting busier.

Lionblade
2006.10.23, 01:58 PM
Varies - 10, 15, 20....
Every week seems to be getting busier.

It's difficult with so many classes, though.

A few times we've had to split into 3 groups for stock with only 12-15 people...but then again, there's a huge gap between the B drivers and the C drivers.

But if I can get my old man to give me his car on Saturdays, I don't care if we get out at midnight. :D Right now, my license is a waste. No car. :(

LouC
2006.10.23, 02:26 PM
It's difficult with so many classes, though.

A few times we've had to split into 3 groups for stock with only 12-15 people...but then again, there's a huge gap between the B drivers and the C drivers.

But if I can get my old man to give me his car on Saturdays, I don't care if we get out at midnight. :D Right now, my license is a waste. No car. :(

Next will be the 1/36 Losi Micro T class.....
Got mine on order with Al.

Lionblade
2006.10.23, 03:25 PM
Next will be the 1/36 Losi Micro T class.....
Got mine on order with Al.

Wtf, now it's getting out of hand. He's gonna need to drop a class or he'll lose the kids.

That would make 7 classes. About 45 minutesfor each round..it'd be at least 10:45 before mains even started (what with breaks for practice and food, etc.)

If I were him, I'd drop Mini or F1...the F1 doesn't seem very popular around here anymore.

MINIz guy11
2006.10.23, 04:42 PM
i think Al should drop the F1 class. anyway, i really want to get there again so watch out people, another n00bs coming.

LouC
2006.10.24, 06:37 AM
Wtf, now it's getting out of hand. He's gonna need to drop a class or he'll lose the kids.

That would make 7 classes. About 45 minutesfor each round..it'd be at least 10:45 before mains even started (what with breaks for practice and food, etc.)

If I were him, I'd drop Mini or F1...the F1 doesn't seem very popular around here anymore.

We run 4 classes now - if he added Micro T (which I do not think he ever will), that would make it 5 classes (where did you get 7 from?)

And why should he drop F1 - because you dont have one? :rolleyes:

Lionblade
2006.10.24, 08:37 AM
We run 4 classes now - if he added Micro T (which I do not think he ever will), that would make it 5 classes (where did you get 7 from?)

And why should he drop F1 - because you dont have one? :rolleyes:

3 stock classes. ;)

I'm only saying F! because it seems to be waning. If AWD wanes like Mod did, then I'll suggest eliminating that.

I'm glad drift is done (got bored), and I was actually good at that. So it's not like I said F1 'cause I don't have one.

If drift comes back though, I'm getting that new WRX. I'll probably get it anyway. Too pretty not to. :D

LouC
2006.10.24, 08:42 AM
3 stock classes. ;)

I'm only saying F! because it seems to be waning. If AWD wanes like Mod did, then I'll suggest eliminating that.

I'm glad drift is done (got bored), and I was actually good at that. So it's not like I said F1 'cause I don't have one.

If drift comes back though, I'm getting that new WRX. I'll probably get it anyway. Too pretty not to. :D

I agree about the drift class - thats why I never run it.
I think AWD will be very exciting once we start racing them instead of drifting them.

Lionblade
2006.10.24, 09:00 AM
I agree about the drift class - thats why I never run it.
I think AWD will be very exciting once we start racing them instead of drifting them.

Yeah, I'll have to actually set the car up now. :D

I put my NSX on it for now, but I need the laydown crystal for it...I need the laydown, so I might as well go for the 98mm conversion and use the Murc...

Gonna need insane offset though.

LouC
2006.10.24, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I'll have to actually set the car up now. :D

I put my NSX on it for now, but I need the laydown crystal for it...I need the laydown, so I might as well go for the 98mm conversion and use the Murc...

Gonna need insane offset though.

I think the laydown comes with the conversion kit.
Check before you buy it. Get the Kyosho rim set -it
has all the different offsets in 1 package - wish they
had that for the mr02's

michvin
2006.10.24, 09:31 AM
which 3 classes? Modified is still alive?

LouC
2006.10.24, 10:13 AM
which 3 classes? Modified is still alive?

No more modified.......
Stock, F1, AWD, and Mini Cooper spec.
Mini Cooper is alot of fun! Alot of people are getting
them due to the lost cost.

Lionblade
2006.10.24, 01:41 PM
Alot of people are getting
them due to the lost cost.

Before you factor in the bodies that break from flipping. :D

EMU
2006.10.24, 10:43 PM
I think the laydown comes with the conversion kit.
Check before you buy it. Get the Kyosho rim set -it
has all the different offsets in 1 package - wish they
had that for the mr02's
The laydown adapter comes with the PN 98mm wheelbase kit, as well as the spur gears...

I ordered many different sets of PN wheels for the MR02 in a few different offsets. (0,1 for front, 0,1,2,3 for rears). I like the design much better than dish rims, really cant stand dish rims... And I ordered the Atomic TS wheels for the AWD for offsets that are larger than what comes with the AWD chassis kit for the rear, and the fronts to match (2,3mm rear and 2.5, 3.5mm fronts). Let me know if you need links to the PN wheels for MR02 or Atomic AWD wheels... Its not all in one package, but the are about $2.50 for a pair, so the price is definitely good.

I wish I had transportation to get back from ARCMS, then I would go racing fairly regularly again. I do have a class on Sunday, but I can deal with that with almost no sleep...

LouC
2006.10.25, 06:38 AM
The laydown adapter comes with the PN 98mm wheelbase kit, as well as the spur gears...

I ordered many different sets of PN wheels for the MR02 in a few different offsets. (0,1 for front, 0,1,2,3 for rears). I like the design much better than dish rims, really cant stand dish rims... And I ordered the Atomic TS wheels for the AWD for offsets that are larger than what comes with the AWD chassis kit for the rear, and the fronts to match (2,3mm rear and 2.5, 3.5mm fronts). Let me know if you need links to the PN wheels for MR02 or Atomic AWD wheels... Its not all in one package, but the are about $2.50 for a pair, so the price is definitely good.

I wish I had transportation to get back from ARCMS, then I would go racing fairly regularly again. I do have a class on Sunday, but I can deal with that with almost no sleep...

I did get some of the new PN wheels. What do you think about aluminum wheels? (besides the cost)

builthatch
2006.10.25, 10:19 AM

emu, are you referring to these wheels? http://www.pnracing.us/new/news_image/20060929-155713-1.jpg?r=22

did you get them from k*enon?

LouC
2006.10.25, 03:02 PM
emu, are you referring to these wheels? http://www.pnracing.us/new/news_image/20060929-155713-1.jpg?r=22

did you get them from k*enon?

Hey Builthatch - how are you? Coming to ARCMS anytime soon?

Those wheels are the ones that I got (chrome color), Im not too crazy about them though. I prefer Kyosho wheels.

builthatch
2006.10.26, 11:16 AM
Hey Builthatch - how are you? Coming to ARCMS anytime soon?

Those wheels are the ones that I got (chrome color), Im not too crazy about them though. I prefer Kyosho wheels.

hey man im doin' alright, thanks for asking. I plan on showing up this season. I've been playing alot with 1/10 brushless stuff and i sold all of my 1/18 stuff to fund my 1/10 adventures, but i've been keeping tabs on the mini-z scene and still have my MZR's in tip top race shape, so i hope to join you guys soon!

So, about those wheels, what didnt you like about them, was there an issue with bearing fitment or roundness??

EMU
2006.10.26, 11:31 AM
I just got my wheels from Kenon, and havent installed them yet... will need to tweak some of my car setups for the PN race before the weekend... so I will have a chance to test them then.

I got the white ones... chrome ones should be a little heavier (not my much though) they look good, nice and straight. I want to see how much abuse they can take... I generally dont run the same offsets that come with the bodies, and run mainly white bodies rather than autoscales, so I when my Kyosho wheels break, they can be a big pain to find the right offsets...

LouC
2006.10.26, 11:39 AM
I just got my wheels from Kenon, and havent installed them yet... will need to tweak some of my car setups for the PN race before the weekend... so I will have a chance to test them then.

I got the white ones... chrome ones should be a little heavier (not my much though) they look good, nice and straight. I want to see how much abuse they can take... I generally dont run the same offsets that come with the bodies, and run mainly white bodies rather than autoscales, so I when my Kyosho wheels break, they can be a big pain to find the right offsets...

The wheels look very nice on. The rears dont seem to be true round. The fronts do not spin that well either......

MINIz guy11
2006.10.27, 11:54 AM
im going tonight. anyone else coming?

Lionblade
2006.10.28, 11:57 PM
I broke a t-plate and dampner tonight. :(

Now I need a new dampner...and one of those small screws that are used to connect the t-plate to the ML mount.

I was trying to put shims under the plate tonight, and...

Well, suffice it to say my patience ran very thin.

LouC
2006.10.30, 07:28 AM
I broke a t-plate and dampner tonight. :(

Now I need a new dampner...and one of those small screws that are used to connect the t-plate to the ML mount.

I was trying to put shims under the plate tonight, and...

Well, suffice it to say my patience ran very thin.

How many racers were there on Sat night?

Lionblade
2006.10.30, 08:25 AM
How many racers were there on Sat night?

Not many....maybe 8 or 9?

Lionblade
2006.10.31, 08:29 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=242188#post242188

Anyone planning to show?

EMU
2006.10.31, 11:50 PM
If I can get transportation... ill be there... seems thats the story of my life :(

LouC
2006.11.01, 07:32 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=242188#post242188

Anyone planning to show?

what is that link to?

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 12:38 AM
I'm officially damning the Murciealgo. When tires won't stay on with CA and Loctite, it's gotta be God telling me not to run that car. ;)

I nearly matched Pete's run in my main (with his car, mine was near undrivable at that point) with 44 laps in about 7:02. Pete's run was better by about a second and a half.

I might try the SLR. If that doesn't work, I'll go back to where I started: 575GTC.

LouC
2006.11.12, 09:38 AM
I'm officially damning the Murciealgo. When tires won't stay on with CA and Loctite, it's gotta be God telling me not to run that car. ;)

I nearly matched Pete's run in my main (with his car, mine was near undrivable at that point) with 44 laps in about 7:02. Pete's run was better by about a second and a half.

I might try the SLR. If that doesn't work, I'll go back to where I started: 575GTC.

Did you start running AWD racing? - if so, how has it been?

Has the turn out been better?
I will be back there Sat night - I missed the last 3 weeks!

SaiTam
2006.11.12, 10:09 AM
Did you use 0 deg offset wheels? Your tire may also be stretched or dirty.

I rarely have a tire problem because I tend to run narrow offset front wheels.

Who is the person to beat now? Did Roland show up?

What kind of layout did Al put together? Did he get the 45 deg tiles or inner curve pieces?

builthatch
2006.11.12, 10:31 AM
If I can get transportation... ill be there... seems thats the story of my life :(

get a motorcycle ; )

LouC
2006.11.12, 10:38 AM

What kind of layout did Al put together? Did he get the 45 deg tiles or inner curve pieces?

I know he has those pieces on order. Spoke with Al last week.
Hopefully soon.

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 11:29 AM

I used 0 offsets, to no avail. Also tried 3 different sets of fronts.

I don't know, I just can't be lucky with the Murcielago. If the SLR doesn't work either, I'm giving up and getting a 575 GTC.

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 11:31 AM
Did you start running AWD racing? - if so, how has it been?

Has the turn out been better?
I will be back there Sat night - I missed the last 3 weeks!

Turnout was pretty good last night.

We started AWD performance, too. That was an adventure and a half. :D
People flipping all over the place, except EMU. The only reasons I won that class last night were babying the car in turns, and gear ratio. That thing was an animal on acceleration.

LouC
2006.11.12, 11:38 AM
Turnout was pretty good last night.

We started AWD performance, too. That was an adventure and a half. :D
People flipping all over the place, except EMU. The only reasons I won that class last night were babying the car in turns, and gear ratio. That thing was an animal on acceleration.

AWD is fun to drive - Im glad he starting racing them. EMU's AWD was set up real nice at the PN Race. - nice to hear he was back at ARCMS

SaiTam
2006.11.12, 12:18 PM
What kind of layout is Al running now?

EMU
2006.11.12, 05:02 PM
My AWD wasnt running too great... the car wouldnt take left turns well, would just spin too hard... It may be due to the 3Racing ball diff I have in the front... but I need to wait until I get better front diff to see if that is to blame. but it doesnt flip no matter how hard I throw it into a corner :p The car was setup for the low grip at the PN WC, but didnt take too well to the increased grip at ARCMS.

The layout was nice, I havent seen what the more recent layouts have been, but this one was fairly similar to what was run before. The last sectoin before the lap counter ran into a fairly tight chicane... which proved to be quite challenging. I cant wait for the wide radius inside corners... they were a blast to run at the PN WC, since you can really hug the inside... comibined with the 45d straights, alot more setups can be done... could even do a copy of the PN WC layout... which was a great layout :p

Dave came, and dominated 2wd... I had trouble getting my Murcielago set back up for ARCMS, my tire setups didnt work too well. I think that I didnt quite figured out how to mount the rear damper post to the PN low CG rear mount that I got for the PN WC... It seemed that no matter what tires I used, the car would be very loose in the rear. I even went to a medium t-plate from a hard, and still had the same washout under power. I switched to the C5R for the third and best qualifying run that I had, but forgot my transponder. I know I would have made it to the A main with that run, only being passed by the heat winner one time...

Vin... next time I am going to get you in the AWD... once I work out the steering issues I have, the only time I will see you will be in my rear view :p

I really do like the new hot lap system that Al is doing... allowing 3 minutes of hot lapping before the heat/race for people in the coming up race. Let you get used the car a little if you are doing more than one class, especially if you are making setup changes between heats.

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 08:10 PM
Vin... next time I am going to get you in the AWD... once I work out the steering issues I have, the only time I will see you will be in my rear view :p

You better beat a nearly stock AWD. :p

I'm gonna check out some of the AWD threads to see what I need to do. Al said something about rear toe-in, or something. Wasn't paying attention.

EMU
2006.11.12, 08:15 PM
If you use more toe in in the rear, you get better stability... And a little toe in in the front will prevent the wandering in the straights a little... I use the stock front tie rod with a ball diff in the front, and a little toe in with the front one way....

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 08:20 PM
If you use more toe in in the rear, you get better stability... And a little toe in in the front will prevent the wandering in the straights a little... I use the stock front tie rod with a ball diff in the front, and a little toe in with the front one way....

What degree would you recommend? I figured it'd be best to start with 1, and go from there. 2 may be a little much, if the effect would be similar to that of an 02.

Speaking of my 02, all I could say was WTF. I set my car up exactly the same way as Pete, and nada. Not even close. I use his car once in the main, get 44 laps. :rolleyes: Go figure. I'm going for the SLR, and if that's a bust, 575 might be the way.

builthatch
2006.11.12, 08:21 PM
You better beat a nearly stock AWD. :p

I'm gonna check out some of the AWD threads to see what I need to do. Al said something about rear toe-in, or something. Wasn't paying attention.

yep, most 4wd have some degrees of rear toe in for stability. my m18 had several degrees...

EMU
2006.11.12, 08:28 PM
Stock has .5d toe in... Im using the Kyosho option in the rear which I believe is 1.5d...

I would think for an aftermarket I would get 1-2d...

For the MR02, I would suggest rebuilding the car.. completely double check everything... there are small things that are hard to spot, and can be very important to the handling...

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 08:34 PM
Stock has .5d toe in... Im using the Kyosho option in the rear which I believe is 1.5d...

I would think for an aftermarket I would get 1-2d...

For the MR02, I would suggest rebuilding the car.. completely double check everything... there are small things that are hard to spot, and can be very important to the handling...

What I don't really get was the whole tire thing. Only the right side, only with the Murc. :confused:

The diff's getting up there in age, too..should probably just get rid of it, save myself the hassle of tuning and get a gear diff.

EMU
2006.11.12, 08:36 PM
did you check the placement of the transponder in the body? make sure it wasnt touching the tire?

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 08:41 PM
did you check the placement of the transponder in the body? make sure it wasnt touching the tire?

Hm. Odd, now that I think about it..that could be it...but I think the card was far back in the Murc? Wasn't a problem in the MCL.

junior
2006.11.12, 09:22 PM
Hm. Odd, now that I think about it..that could be it...but I think the card was far back in the Murc? Wasn't a problem in the MCL.

Vin the problem with the murc is you can drive it harder into the corners. I had the same problems with it coming off the straight aways. Have to CA glue four points on the tire to the rim to make it stick.

michvin
2006.11.12, 10:10 PM
Magic was able to run Murci (very well, really) without any problem. Eric also have no tire problem with 2 of them.... strange.

Lionblade
2006.11.12, 10:30 PM
Vin the problem with the murc is you can drive it harder into the corners. I had the same problems with it coming off the straight aways. Have to CA glue four points on the tire to the rim to make it stick.

I CA'd as well. Didn't work on the...right tires, I believe? It was the same side all night.

LouC
2006.11.13, 06:55 AM
I CA'd as well. Didn't work on the...right tires, I believe? It was the same side all night.

What tires were you using??

Lionblade
2006.11.13, 08:29 AM
What tires were you using??

New Kenon 8's. Tried 3 different sets of tires though, all of them came off.

I don't like the new Kenon batch. Too soft, even for 8's...

LouC
2006.11.13, 09:33 AM
New Kenon 8's. Tried 3 different sets of tires though, all of them came off.

I don't like the new Kenon batch. Too soft, even for 8's...

I dont like them either - thats why I was asking - I think they are way too soft.

Lionblade
2006.11.13, 01:48 PM
I dont like them either - thats why I was asking - I think they are way too soft.

I'm probably going to put on my old tires, then. No use wasting more time/money on Kenons right now.

LouC
2006.11.13, 02:24 PM
I'm probably going to put on my old tires, then. No use wasting more time/money on Kenons right now.

Try the Kyosho radial 20's - not as grippy as the old Kenon 8's, but they last longer and work well - and stick to your rims!! ;)

Lionblade
2006.11.13, 02:47 PM
Try the Kyosho radial 20's - not as grippy as the old Kenon 8's, but they last longer and work well - and stick to your rims!! ;)

Lol, "When in doubt, go Kyosho", right? ;)

I'm putting back my 15's, and I'll go from there. With the narrow offest of the SLR, I shouldn't need anything lower than that.

Lionblade
2006.11.13, 08:55 PM
The car looked low. I couldn't get any suspension travel by pushing up, so I'm guessing that ranslated to the tires rubbing, and consequently falling off.

OOPS. :rolleyes:

EMU
2006.11.13, 11:05 PM
The 20d Kyosho radials are what I used at the PN on my rear with worn 15d up front... The tires arent as much grip as the old Kenon 8's, but are fairly consistant throughout the run. With an appropriate front tire, they run well.

I just ran out of my stash of my old TopCad tires that ran really well at ARCMS... so ive been hunting for new tires to run. I havent had any luck with the new PN 8's or TopCad 10d AWD tires. They just get no grip and I spin like a top when trying to gun it. They are really gummy and soft, but they just dont stick well. Out of my recent tire test, the Kyosho 20d have worked the best for me in the rear. I still get more grip out of some of my used tires... but I havent found anything recently that have worked better. Im just going to try avoiding GPM tires for a little while until I see an improvement.

On my AWD Im running the PN 8s in the rear and in the front worn 3Racing 10d AWD V-tread... although they are 10d, after wearing them in they run like a 18-20d... I just changed the SLR body for the Ford GT Iwaver body. I melted and shaped the front of the body out a little to cover my front wheels better. So I dont lose my tires :p

The new PN tires, which I assume are GPM... have a much larger outside diameter than the old ones used to... So in the front, it will have alot more roll over than a lower profile tire. So you will tend to strip more tires. And also you will have issues with rubbing the body or transpondeds as well.

builthatch
2006.11.14, 09:20 PM
The 20d Kyosho radials are what I used at the PN on my rear with worn 15d up front... The tires arent as much grip as the old Kenon 8's, but are fairly consistant throughout the run. With an appropriate front tire, they run well.

I just ran out of my stash of my old TopCad tires that ran really well at ARCMS... so ive been hunting for new tires to run. I havent had any luck with the new PN 8's or TopCad 10d AWD tires. They just get no grip and I spin like a top when trying to gun it. They are really gummy and soft, but they just dont stick well. Out of my recent tire test, the Kyosho 20d have worked the best for me in the rear. I still get more grip out of some of my used tires... but I havent found anything recently that have worked better. Im just going to try avoiding GPM tires for a little while until I see an improvement.

On my AWD Im running the PN 8s in the rear and in the front worn 3Racing 10d AWD V-tread... although they are 10d, after wearing them in they run like a 18-20d... I just changed the SLR body for the Ford GT Iwaver body. I melted and shaped the front of the body out a little to cover my front wheels better. So I dont lose my tires :p

The new PN tires, which I assume are GPM... have a much larger outside diameter than the old ones used to... So in the front, it will have alot more roll over than a lower profile tire. So you will tend to strip more tires. And also you will have issues with rubbing the body or transpondeds as well.

i wonder when these 'latest' Kenon's came out, because in the early summer i bought a ton of them from Kenon, 8deg rears and fronts. I put a set on one of my Mclarens and they were fine.

it'd be nice if one of these companies decided to button down ONE factory with good, consistent QC in China....this run hopping really kills the reputations of these companies....

LouC
2006.11.15, 06:33 AM
i wonder when these 'latest' Kenon's came out, because in the early summer i bought a ton of them from Kenon, 8deg rears and fronts. I put a set on one of my Mclarens and they were fine.

it'd be nice if one of these companies decided to button down ONE factory with good, consistent QC in China....this run hopping really kills the reputations of these companies....

8's were "Out of Stock" everwhere for awhile. When Kenon had them back in stock I ordered 10 full sets. Now Im stuck with all of these tires that I do not like. What a waste!! :mad: - Im sticking with Kyosho!!!

SaiTam
2006.11.15, 03:44 PM
Lou

I talked to PN about this since I was also a victim of these irregular tires.

The problem was the supplier, PN will discontinue using the supplier and manufacture their own tires from now on.

Save these tires and their packages, give them to me and Philip will exchange them.

8's were "Out of Stock" everwhere for awhile. When Kenon had them back in stock I ordered 10 full sets. Now Im stuck with all of these tires that I do not like. What a waste!! :mad: - Im sticking with Kyosho!!!

LouC
2006.11.15, 05:25 PM
Lou

The problem was the supplier, PN will discontinue using the supplier and manufacture their own tires from now on.

Save these tires and their packages, give them to me and Philip will exchange them.

Thanks Sai!!

builthatch
2006.11.15, 07:15 PM
Lou

PN will just contract another chinese company tho...hopefully they will have a tighter harness on the QC...

CDR racing
2006.11.16, 03:30 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to clarify something. I am pretty sure that Al is revising his system with the new boards. He isn't going to make us run in the A group if we have them now. He said that he would send an email out about it but he hasn't yet, so just lettin everyone know i think he is changing his position that he told us about in the email last week.

Lionblade
2006.11.16, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to clarify something. I am pretty sure that Al is revising his system with the new boards. He isn't going to make us run in the A group if we have them now. He said that he would send an email out about it but he hasn't yet, so just lettin everyone know i think he is changing his position that he told us about in the email last week.

Looks like I'll be in the B group for a while then. :rolleyes: I'm not getting the new fets...yet. I'm saving my money for Guitar Hero II. :D

@builthatch: You were there last Saturday, right? I don't know if you know me, but I was there too. Guy in the camo pants.

CDR racing
2006.11.17, 10:22 PM
Looks like I'll be in the B group for a while then. :rolleyes: I'm not getting the new fets...yet. I'm saving my money for Guitar Hero II. :D

@builthatch: You were there last Saturday, right? I don't know if you know me, but I was there too. Guy in the camo pants.

Vin, I think you took it the wong way. He isn't going to make you run the group one points division , well at least thats wut he told me last Saturday, but he hasnt sent an email so god knows what happened or who made him change his mind again since he never sent an email. I guess we will se tomorrow. And wasn't builthatch last week. You're thinking of Dave. Builthatch hasn't been there in a while.

Lionblade
2006.11.18, 10:37 PM
I'm going to say this as nicely as possible.

Tonight was bull****. There were what, 12 of us? We started mains at 10:20. Come on, that's ridiculous, and this is why I'm not gonna even bother with AWD any more. I can never run the mains 'cause we start them so late.

We HAD time tonight. What Al was doing that took so long, I don't know. >_>

And we don't need so many breaks. It's just used for eating by most of us.

If this doesn't improve, I'm runnig my one class and friggin' leaving. This should be an enjoyable hobby, not a surce of aggravation ever week. Makes me feel like I'm basically burning my money. :(

Yeah, maybe some people don't mind staying till 12:30. But I'm not one of those people.

lieland
2006.11.29, 07:14 AM
WOW!! looks like there is a lot of drama at Action RC. I live in JC and Saten Island is pretty close like 30 mins away. I was thinking about checking it out tonight but if there are alot of bad attitudes I might as well just stay at home and race in my basement! :mad:

Lionblade
2006.11.29, 08:29 AM
WOW!! looks like there is a lot of drama at Action RC. I live in JC and Saten Island is pretty close like 30 mins away. I was thinking about checking it out tonight but if there are alot of bad attitudes I might as well just stay at home and race in my basement! :mad:

Not that much, just basically my complaints from time to time. I wouldn't care if I had a car to drive there and back. :p As it stands it's just a pain in the ass to get back and forth, so I usually need to get out by 10:30. Half the time I have to miss my secondary class (Drift or AWD regular).

I mean, of course some people don't like each other. But there hasn't been a problem in a long while.

monkey19
2006.11.29, 08:57 AM

Don’t let any of these post deter you from coming. The more the merrier. For the most part everybody associated with this place are decent guys. I have been racing here for about a year or so. I tend to only make it on Wednesdays and Thursdays nights. Saturdays are hard for me because I work a second job and sometimes don’t finish till 7 or so, but I digress…. If you come tonight there should be 8 or more racers there. Al usually runs some heat races starting at about 8ish.

And it is STATEN ISLAND not Saten….lol

LionBlade- I think you are the guy that smoked us in drift a few weeks back right?

Lionblade
2006.11.29, 09:03 AM
Don’t let any of these post deter you from coming. The more the merrier. For the most part everybody associated with this place are decent guys. I have been racing here for about a year or so. I tend to only make it on Wednesdays and Thursdays nights. Saturdays are hard for me because I work a second job and sometimes don’t finish till 7 or so, but I digress…. If you come tonight there should be 8 or more racers there. Al usually runs some heat races starting at about 8ish.

And it is STATEN ISLAND not Saten….lol

LionBlade- I think you are the guy that smoked us in drift a few weeks back right?

Might be, I used the yellow Evo for drift...don't remember when I last raced a drift main.

Technically Joe (Skids) won the drift class, but that's because he raced every main. Every time I finished a drift main, I won it. :rolleyes:

monkey19
2006.11.29, 09:09 AM
Might be, I used the yellow Evo for drift...don't remember when I last raced a drift main.

Technically Joe (Skids) won the drift class, but that's because he raced every main. Every time I finished a drift main, I won it. :rolleyes:

Yup that was you that evo was real smooth!

lieland
2006.11.29, 12:30 PM
thanks for the replies, i am going to check it out this week are next week at the latest :D

builthatch
2006.11.29, 01:21 PM
thanks for the replies, i am going to check it out this week are next week at the latest :D

action is definately a cool place. Al, who seems to be the main owner, is VERY cool and a truly great dude. You will see who has the temper/ attitude issue(s), if any, and just steer clear and enjoy yourself, that's what it's all about.

there have been people who have claimed they left racing there because of attitude conflicts, and i guess i can see how it might put a little bit of a damper on things if you let it get to you, but like i said, just go have fun and enjoy the track.

Lionblade
2006.11.29, 01:35 PM
action is definately a cool place. Al, who seems to be the main owner, is VERY cool and a truly great dude. You will see who has the temper/ attitude issue(s), if any, and just steer clear and enjoy yourself, that's what it's all about.

there have been people who have claimed they left racing there because of attitude conflicts, and i guess i can see how it might put a little bit of a damper on things if you let it get to you, but like i said, just go have fun and enjoy the track.

As far as I know, Al is the sole owner, though it might seem like Joe's a part of it since he basically lives there. :p

Al's always been cool, helped me out plenty of times. He's even trying to locate a few Initial D bodies for me at the moment.

LouC
2006.11.29, 06:08 PM

Dont listen to Lionblade...(hes only 8 yrs old!!) ;)
ARCMS is a great place if you are into Mini Z or any RC racing.
Especially if you live anywhere near SI.

Lionblade
2006.11.29, 06:09 PM

Oh, so you're saying an eight year old can type more eloquently than you can, Lou? :p

junior
2006.11.29, 09:16 PM
I agree with Lou. Great place...good people. Good racing. Duster, Junior and Senior love a saturday night of racing.

michvin
2006.11.29, 10:00 PM
8?!?!? OMG! he looks like all 9!

Lionblade
2006.11.30, 08:24 AM
8?!?!? OMG! he looks like all 9!

You guys are jerks. :D

michvin
2006.11.30, 11:54 AM
You guys are jerks. :D
that's because we love you :D

LouC
2006.12.20, 06:09 AM
"COMING SOON! OVERLAND AND MONSTER RACING! After the 13th Championship series, we will be running Overlands and Monsters on Fridays with jumps and obstacles! This is sure to be a LOT of fun, so get those trucks ready!!! "

So...who has a Monster or Overland? I do not have either. (I do have a Micro T)
It would be nice to have some type of racing on a Friday to use as a back up for Saturdays! How much interest is there for this?

builthatch
2006.12.20, 07:52 AM
"COMING SOON! OVERLAND AND MONSTER RACING! After the 13th Championship series, we will be running Overlands and Monsters on Fridays with jumps and obstacles! This is sure to be a LOT of fun, so get those trucks ready!!! "

So...who has a Monster or Overland? I do not have either. (I do have a Micro T)
It would be nice to have some type of racing on a Friday to use as a back up for Saturdays! How much interest is there for this?

do alot of you guys have a micro t? maybe he might consider running those instead?

LouC
2006.12.20, 07:55 AM
do alot of you guys have a micro t? maybe he might consider running those instead?

he cannot get them to sell in at the track, so i think he is shying away from running them. if enough of us show up with them, im sure we can run them........

monkey19
2006.12.20, 08:07 AM
A Friday night racing venue would be sweet. Friday’s are easier for me to make on a consistent basis. I would pick up a Micro t in a heartbeat if he started running them

LouC
2006.12.20, 01:51 PM
A Friday night racing venue would be sweet. Friday’s are easier for me to make on a consistent basis. I would pick up a Micro t in a heartbeat if he started running them

He is not going to promote Micro T's unless people show up with them willing to race. Hopefully there is interest in
running indoor micro off road and Fridays become a success.

MINIz guy11
2006.12.20, 02:30 PM
Well, if this starts, I might actually try and make it again. Now, will Al start stocking OL parts? My OL is in desperate need of a new main gear.

CDR racing
2006.12.20, 05:21 PM
I have an overland and will be running it on fridays.
Lou: Al does want to run the micro t and was in the process of setting up an account with Losi's distributor but they pretty much screwed him and wouldn't let him set up an account. So now he is going to try and work directly through Losi. I hope he can get them because they look like a lot of fun.

LouC
2006.12.20, 06:11 PM
Lou: Al does want to run the micro t and was in the process of setting up an account with Losi's distributor but they pretty much screwed him and wouldn't let him set up an account. So now he is going to try and work directly through Losi. I hope he can get them because they look like a lot of fun.

Im glad to hear he is still trying to get them. They are alot of fun and have the potential to make for some great indoor offroad racing.

builthatch
2006.12.20, 10:14 PM

strange, Kenon carries Losi products, specifically the micro-T, and Al is setup as a wholesale customer; i'd imagine he could source them through there with some allowed margin for resale...

LouC
2006.12.21, 07:51 AM
strange, Kenon carries Losi products, specifically the micro-T, and Al is setup as a wholesale customer; i'd imagine he could source them through there with some allowed margin for resale...

Thats a great sugguestion! I have forwarded that along to Al. Just might work according to him. Thanks. BTW - when are you going to make the trip up north and come race with us??

monkey19
2006.12.21, 02:08 PM
anybody headed out to ARCMS tonight?

Lionblade
2006.12.30, 10:26 AM
Anyone going tonight?

EMU
2006.12.30, 10:30 AM
Im planning on going. Its going to be a tough trip, since I dont have a ride either way... so I have to use train/ferry bother ways :(

Lionblade
2006.12.30, 10:31 AM
Im planning on going. Its going to be a tough trip, since I dont have a ride either way... so I have to use train/ferry bother ways :(

Ouch. That sucks. :(

I wonder if Al has any new bodies in stock tonight? I get the feeling the SLR won't hold out for much longer. :rolleyes:

But as soon as those two McLarens came in last week, they were taken. Damn, man. Can't catch a break. :rolleyes:

MINIz guy11
2006.12.30, 11:15 AM
I went last night and I didnt see any McLaren bodies. I do believe I saw a few Enzos and bodies like that but cant say Im sure. The track layout there is awesome though.

SaiTam
2007.01.01, 12:14 AM
How awesome is the layout? Did Al get the new RCP wide radius corner tiles?

monkey19
2007.01.01, 09:39 AM
How awesome is the layout? Did Al get the new RCP wide radius corner tiles?

no corner tiles yet, from what he told me they are on their way

MINIz guy11
2007.01.01, 11:05 AM
The layout is great. 2 chicanes, one that you can go through straight, and another with a bit of weaving was fun for me. The straights were too long for me though, my stock MA-010 got killed in the straights and my 02 didnt get its speed either as I was running a 7 tooth. Cant say what the new layout will be but should be just as good.

Davey G
2007.01.02, 09:31 AM
Very cool layout at ARCMS but a little too fast for me, I like really really technical layouts. All in all it was a great time and it was good to meet new people this past weekend. See you guys in a few weeks!

DAVE GRABOSKI

builthatch
2007.01.02, 04:14 PM
The layout is great. 2 chicanes, one that you can go through straight, and another with a bit of weaving was fun for me. The straights were too long for me though, my stock MA-010 got killed in the straights and my 02 didnt get its speed either as I was running a 7 tooth. Cant say what the new layout will be but should be just as good.

ahh yeah...atleast an 8 or 9T depending on motor. His straights are pretty long...

MINIz guy11
2007.01.02, 04:27 PM
Yea, the straight are long so I'm in trouble. I have my own RCP Mini 96 and I need more punch than speed here. For Al's track, I need to step it up some to compete better. Right now, I dont feel like changing out the pinions every time I go to Al's or my track. My MA-010 with a new Xspeed Arm is way faster in the straights but lacks SO much punch in the turns at my track now. I'm even running the highest gearing. I'm guessing that Ill keep to my track's pinion requirements and make up for it in consistency at Al's track.

builthatch
2007.01.02, 06:37 PM
Yea, the straight are long so I'm in trouble. I have my own RCP Mini 96 and I need more punch than speed here. For Al's track, I need to step it up some to compete better. Right now, I dont feel like changing out the pinions every time I go to Al's or my track. My MA-010 with a new Xspeed Arm is way faster in the straights but lacks SO much punch in the turns at my track now. I'm even running the highest gearing. I'm guessing that Ill keep to my track's pinion requirements and make up for it in consistency at Al's track.

ahh, it's not that hard to change mr02 pinions for a nite of racing! haha...

i am in the same boat; i have a mini-96 with expansion and the straights are decent, but a 7T is all i need, where as with Al's i'm hitting full speed at the halfway point unless i run a big pinion.

builthatch
2007.01.02, 07:00 PM
BTW, Lou, you got mail :eek:

builthatch
2007.01.02, 08:10 PM
Does anyone know who lives in NYC where I can find a PN Speedy NM Motor? Should I try Brownies and Action RC? Let me know. Thanks.

an NM? Action might have it but i am pretty sure he doesn't allow it in racing.

If you really want to make something nice for stock fets with neo mags, buy an atomic can, atomic neo mags, x-speed arm and silver brush on the + side w/ carbon brush on neg side. You can also use the empty BB PN can, with Atomic Neo mags and the x-speed arm.

THe problem with all of this is Action doesn't allow hybrids in stock class, or atomic stock motors for that matter, even tho they are stock-FET safe. seems silly to me but i guess it's modeled after the PN rules.

not to jack an ARCMS thread, but a shop that is nicely stocked with mini-z stuff and is not so far from NYC (ships priority same day too for flat rate, like 4 bux) is cruizin w/ rc's in Ramsey, NJ (201) 825-4884 ask for Ron....

builthatch
2007.01.02, 09:04 PM
Thanks builthatch. I'll give him a call tomorrow if no one replies to me tonight and hopefully I can get the motor I need this weekend. I'm not too sure what you're talking about the stock FET motor. I thought the Speedy NM is a stock motor just like the X-Speed. I'm still pretty new to this. :p

no prob. if al doesn't have it, im pretty sure ron has the NM, if not he can def get it for you promptly.

yeah, the nm is indeed a stock-fet safe motor, however, PN motors are pretty inconsistent. So, if you don't plan on racing at Al's in the stock class, but want an NM (neo mag) motor, i'd recommend building your own neo mag 'stock-fet safe' motor with the parts i recommended. It can be kind-of expensive, but it's a more consistent motor and very reliable, not to mention FAST w/ lots of torque.

EMU
2007.01.03, 01:05 AM
The X-Speed arm in an Atomic can is one of my favorite motors to run. I ran it in Mod class for a while (on a mod car and a stock FET car). Very consistant, good torque...

Ninja
2007.01.03, 04:15 AM
I have an X-Speed arm in a PN BB can with vented endbell in my MA-010 and I love it. I have since added bearings to my X-Speed can in my 02. Both of which have stock Fets. The 02 has a 7t pinion, the 010 has the biggest pinion and smallest spur, and still seems to have better acceleration. I plan to get a few of the 3010 FETs for my other cars :D

builthatch
2007.01.03, 11:15 AM
So what does Al consider stock class? Any motor that doesn't have a neo magnet in it? Motors that are allowed is just a BB Can with a regular arm? :confused:

speedy 05, speedy 05bb and x-speed. i believe that's all he allows...someone correct me if i'm wrong.

SaiTam
2007.01.03, 11:18 AM
I like running X-speed motors, smooth power and long lasting.

EMU
2007.01.03, 11:43 AM
All you would need is a PN BB can (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_71&products_id=1889), you can use the brushes that came with the X-Speed. Only needing to desolder where the caps connect to the can. This is the can that I just installed 2 motors into... makes it very easy to clean the comm/brushes, and align the brushes on the comm. Uses same brushes as X-Speed, unlike the Atomic can.

EMU
2007.01.03, 11:59 AM
I consider it stock :p As long as it does not have neo magnets, the speed should be around the same. It will just accelerate a little quicker, last a little longer and run cooler than a standard X-Speed.

MINIz guy11
2007.01.03, 02:26 PM
The X-Speed arm in an Atomic can is one of my favorite motors to run. I ran it in Mod class for a while (on a mod car and a stock FET car). Very consistant, good torque...
This seems like a good motor for my MA-010. One question though, Al's AWD race class is a open class, right?

Spoon
2007.01.03, 02:37 PM
This seems like a good motor for my MA-010. One question though, Al's AWD race class is a open class, right?

I have to say, I was a little confused by the classes at Action RC. I guess there is no more mod class, so I wasn't able to bust out my AD car.

When I was there the classes were 1) Stock 2) F1 3) AWD and 4) Cooper+ but a stock AWD was not allowed to compete in the stock class.

Lionblade
2007.01.03, 04:48 PM
I have to say, I was a little confused by the classes at Action RC. I guess there is no more mod class, so I wasn't able to bust out my AD car.

When I was there the classes were 1) Stock 2) F1 3) AWD and 4) Cooper+ but a stock AWD was not allowed to compete in the stock class.

AWD is kinda like the Modified class we used to have...anything goes.

Though I don't think anyone's stacked FETs...yet. But if it gets to that point, I'm not racing AWD anymore, and it'll be drift only.

CDR racing
2007.01.03, 09:15 PM
I'm not 100% sure but i thought al doesnt allow anything mod in AWD. I know no one has any mod motors or fets right now, but i dont think its legal anyway.

Lionblade
2007.01.03, 09:16 PM
I'm not 100% sure but i thought al doesnt allow anything mod in AWD. I know no one has any mod motors or fets right now, but i dont think its legal anyway.

Didn't he say it's an open class, though?

MINIz guy11
2007.01.03, 09:22 PM
Well, either way, would Al ban me from racing if I have a Xspeed with neo mags?

Lionblade
2007.01.03, 09:23 PM

With the speed people get from the 3010 FETs run in the stock class, it'd be hypocrisy if he did.

builthatch
2007.01.03, 10:15 PM

in all honesty, i doubt he'd turn down the entry fee and patronage because of it...he'd prolly not even know. i could see joe or someone bitching (if you started to win) and putting a screwdriver to the can to see how powerful the mags are, but that is just a wild guess :p

EMU
2007.01.03, 10:32 PM
I will try to suggest to Al to open up motor options for the cars that are running 3004 fets, and to limit the 3010 fet cars to X-Speeds and PN Speedys... Of course it will be difficult to see which cars are running what motor/fets... but speed is noticable on the track.

Anyone that has seen me running in stock class can see that the speed increase of my 3010 car has slowed me down. I am thinking of putting a stock motor armature into a BB can to use in that car to smoothen it out. It should have close to the same effect as running a Speedy 05BB, only smoother transitions on/off throttle.

The RX-7 that I was running in practice has a stock armature/brushes/endbell in a prototype PN Speedy 05 can (was a handout motor at a PN race before the Speedy 05 was released). I have switched the armature that was in that motor into a new PN BB can, but havent tested it yet.

My personal feeling before was that any motor should be able to run in the stock class, as long as the 3004 fets were used. Now that idea has gone out the window, since the 3010 cars can clearly handle hotter motors.

LouC
2007.01.04, 06:08 AM
You can run any mods in AWD. As long as you can handle the speed. I know I cant - all I do is break my car after 2 minutes of each race.......... :eek:

MINIz guy11
2007.01.04, 02:53 PM
Alright, thanks for the answers. I guess Ill start modding the Xspeed to run neo mags and drill some cooling holes. I have been able to handle the speed of my stock car so adding a Xspeed wont be too much harder to learn. You guys might see me there on a Saturday again. :eek:

CDR racing
2007.01.04, 05:00 PM
You can run any mods in AWD. As long as you can handle the speed. I know I cant - all I do is break my car after 2 minutes of each race.......... :eek:

Hmm for some reason i thought we weren't allowed to run mods. I guess im wrong. Good point tho Lou. I see your car comin up behind me on the straight nd it scares the crap outta me without mods. I dont think I wanna noe wut its like with mod motors and fets. lol.

CDR racing
2007.01.04, 05:09 PM
I will try to suggest to Al to open up motor options for the cars that are running 3004 fets, and to limit the 3010 fet cars to X-Speeds and PN Speedys... Of course it will be difficult to see which cars are running what motor/fets... but speed is noticable on the track.

Anyone that has seen me running in stock class can see that the speed increase of my 3010 car has slowed me down. I am thinking of putting a stock motor armature into a BB can to use in that car to smoothen it out. It should have close to the same effect as running a Speedy 05BB, only smoother transitions on/off throttle.

The RX-7 that I was running in practice has a stock armature/brushes/endbell in a prototype PN Speedy 05 can (was a handout motor at a PN race before the Speedy 05 was released). I have switched the armature that was in that motor into a new PN BB can, but havent tested it yet.

My personal feeling before was that any motor should be able to run in the stock class, as long as the 3004 fets were used. Now that idea has gone out the window, since the 3010 cars can clearly handle hotter motors.

I didn't event think 3005 FETs could take the neo mag motors. And Al does still limit the 3010 cars to Speedys and X-Speeds. But there are some more people with the 3010's now and it hasn't seemed to make too much of a difference. I know for me, my father, brother, and probably Lou havn't had a major difference in lap numbers and times. Especially, with the tracks Al is running now, yea we have an advantage on the straight but you can catch us in the turns a lot easier. Sometimes the 3010 is a little too much spped and ounch for the infield sections.

LouC
2007.01.04, 05:30 PM
I didn't event think 3005 FETs could take the neo mag motors. And Al does still limit the 3010 cars to Speedys and X-Speeds. But there are some more people with the 3010's now and it hasn't seemed to make too much of a difference. I know for me, my father, brother, and probably Lou havn't had a major difference in lap numbers and times. Especially, with the tracks Al is running now, yea we have an advantage on the straight but you can catch us in the turns a lot easier. Sometimes the 3010 is a little too much spped and ounch for the infield sections.

I agree about the lap times...
I do have a high speed FET in my AWD, not sure which one, thats why that car is so fast. I need to change the gearing to slow it down.

Spoon
2007.01.04, 05:57 PM
I think as more and more people move to the 3010 FETs it's going to be harder to limit them to a particular motor, unless he starts doing handout motors or something. Also, some people have a preference for different types of motor. I am a big fan of the atomic motors but it's not clear if those are allowed.

I sent Al an email suggesting that he posts the rules on the website so it's documented somewhere.

Maybe he needs to move to a 3010 class and a 3004 class. I think most people run AWD's with MR02's anyway.

Actually, you guys seem to have a pretty good system, it's just hard for someone coming from the outside to know what to expect. All of my cars had Kyosho stock motors in them which just wasn't cutting it for that size track. I'll know better next time.

SaiTam
2007.01.04, 08:11 PM
My 3010 equipped MR-02 AM car with X-speed and 9T can run as fast as my modified car:eek:

lfisminiz
2007.01.04, 09:11 PM
Thats what i ended up racing at the DOW gtg in mod class. More than fast enough. Except i think i had a 3racing motor.

LouC
2007.01.07, 10:37 AM
Finally a great turn out for racing last night!
It was good to see a crowd like that again. Hope it
keeps up for Al's sake and our own sake.

monkey19
2007.01.07, 10:42 AM
Finally a great turn out for racing last night!
It was good to see a crowd like that again. Hope it
keeps up for Al's sake and our own sake.

great to hear! It looks like i may finally be able to race on saterdays, I am moving back to a day shift.

How was the New York 1 news coverage?

LouC
2007.01.07, 11:39 AM
great to hear! It looks like i may finally be able to race on saterdays, I am moving back to a day shift.

How was the New York 1 news coverage?

NY1 cancelled the shoot at 2pm yesterday. They are supposed to come next week or the week after. Al will send out another email when it is confirmed.

builthatch
2007.01.07, 06:02 PM
NY1 cancelled the shoot at 2pm yesterday. They are supposed to come next week or the week after. Al will send out another email when it is confirmed.

could you tell that the add'l amount of people there was because of the request from Al to show up for the news story or did many just show up by chance? It def would be good for everyone if something like that repeated...

ZYHAC
2007.01.07, 09:19 PM
Hello all. I haven't seen you guys in awhile. Just want to see how you all were doing and wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR.

CDR racing
2007.01.08, 02:22 PM
Hello all. I haven't seen you guys in awhile. Just want to see how you all were doing and wanted to say HAPPY NEW YEAR.

WOAH!Stranger! Wuts up? U gunna be comin back soon?

Davey G
2007.01.08, 05:34 PM
I heard that there was almost a record croud this past SATURDAY, lets keep it up!!! How was the 4wd class? My 4wd car should be ready in a few more days.. Was there a mod class this past SAT? The first time I went to Action there was always such a huge turnout and a ton of classes being offered. How many of you are up for Mod or a Pan Car class?? Lets hear it!

DAVE GRABOSKI

LouC
2007.01.08, 06:36 PM
I heard that there was almost a record croud this past SATURDAY, lets keep it up!!! How was the 4wd class? My 4wd car should be ready in a few more days.. Was there a mod class this past SAT? The first time I went to Action there was always such a huge turnout and a ton of classes being offered. How many of you are up for Mod or a Pan Car class?? Lets hear it!

DAVE GRABOSKI

It was a good crowd - not a record crowd though! Last year, when that size crowd was the norm, he did run a mod / pan car class. It was pretty popular at the time. Since then, most of the people that ran that class do not come anymore, thats why he does not run it. The stock MR02 class is fast enough in my opinion. Especially if you are running the 3010 FETS.

builthatch
2007.01.08, 08:29 PM
It was a good crowd - not a record crowd though! Last year, when that size crowd was the norm, he did run a mod / pan car class. It was pretty popular at the time. Since then, most of the people that ran that class do not come anymore, thats why he does not run it. The stock MR02 class is fast enough in my opinion. Especially if you are running the 3010 FETS.

just curious, was sai, roland, bennett or willy there?

philly123
2007.01.08, 08:36 PM
hey sai do u think you will be at action rc this saturday because i nedd a fet job if u will be let me know

SaiTam
2007.01.08, 09:33 PM
Not this Saturday. What kind of FET job are you looking to do? You can always leave the car to Lou and he can give the car to me. I have a number of 3010 FET available and I like them.

This Wed night I'm racing at Bruckner Hobbies at Nanuet, NY. I did a few FET jobs for the folks there. You can meet me there if you want.

philly123
2007.01.08, 10:13 PM
i need a 3 forward and 3 reverse fet job wit 4562 fets, ill see wat ill do u think ull be there the next saturaday and around how much u think it will be, i have the fets i just need the w
ork done

LouC
2007.01.09, 06:10 AM
i need a 3 forward and 3 reverse fet job wit 4562 fets, ill see wat ill do u think ull be there the next saturaday and around how much u think it will be, i have the fets i just need the w
ork done

Philly - I will be there Sat night. You can give me your car and I will bring it to Sai for you. Not a problem.

LouC
2007.01.09, 06:11 AM
just curious, was sai, roland, bennett or willy there?

Sai and Willy were.

philly123
2007.01.09, 08:53 AM
ok ill prob be there on saturday but i just have ther board because i dint build the car yet, Lou u will be going to race wensday and see Sai?