PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

hpotter
2010.12.21, 06:23 PM
I just gave our team captain our "corner decorations" and he was very happy...now all we have to do is get it on the wall :D.

EMU
2010.12.21, 08:29 PM
We demand pictures Tom ;)

Pucho, that cars gonna look sweet on the track. The new clear coat that he uses is great as well. Thats one of my favorite color combos. it was a toss up between yellow/blue or green/purple when I had my race colors made. I chose the yellow/blue to go with my avatar, and primarily because my favorite color is green, and those make up green. It is also very easy to see on the track.

GTR driver
2010.12.22, 02:35 AM
Al,

Let's do this to some of the tiles:

"Chicane of death", "Roland's corner", etc........

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=399048&postcount=12

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16885&d=1123646371

I like that

EMU
2010.12.22, 02:52 AM
Given that the layouts change frequently, I dont think its a good idea to paint names of corners or sections on the track. An Action RC logo, may not be a bad idea, if something were to be painted.

If we paint a small grid, with very little paint, instead of the larger checker patter that RCP has standard, it would mean more grip where the starting grid is... with less hopping over the grid pattern.

When the grid is near the front of the track, its easy to lose track of where the other cars are on the track when trying to look ahead when negotiating traffic. Especially if the grid is in an accelerating section where the cars break traction and dont drive completely straight. At the PN World Championship, they had small markers where the grid positions were, and I felt that there was much more consistant traction down the straight away. I try to stay off the checker patterns as much as I can for that reason.

Fifty7
2010.12.22, 08:03 AM
When the grid is near the front of the track, its easy to lose track of where the other cars are on the track when trying to look ahead when negotiating traffic.

Look ahead?? Some of us cant do that:p

Slapstick10
2010.12.22, 09:02 AM
Look ahead?? Some of us cant do that:p

That's funny! I can't even see my car lol

SaiTam
2010.12.22, 09:37 AM
Just drive right through them. :D

Thanks for admitting you can't see your own or others' cars on the track. I won't blame you from now on.

Slapstick10
2010.12.22, 11:24 AM
I just gave our team captain our "corner decorations" and he was very happy...now all we have to do is get it on the wall :D.

but you don't have a corner you have a middle! I can't wait neither! Knowing Tom this should be good and probably directed at Dominator Killr Racing....I mean Dream Killr Racing!:D

Just drive right through them. :D

Thanks for admitting you can't see your own or others' cars on the track. I won't blame you from now on.

When I got my first car from Al it was never mentioned we had to be able to see traffic. I tell you Sai I've also noticed everytime me and you mix it up you chuckle. Just an observation:D

knightrider
2010.12.22, 11:39 AM
see ya'll tonight :)

Kevin S.
2010.12.22, 12:26 PM
I hope to get out of work at a decent hour tonight and get to the track for some racing. It has been way too long since I have raced. It has probably been about 6 weeks or so. I got a lot of rust to shake off :eek:. Hopefully I get to see everyone later.

ActionRC
2010.12.22, 12:37 PM
I was thinking the same thing as EMU about the painted tiles - could be a traction issue.

Check out these cars I am watching on Speed right now: gt1world.com

See everyone tonight!

rajiex
2010.12.22, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=When I got my first car from Al it was never mentioned we had to be able to see traffic. I tell you Sai I've also noticed everytime me and you mix it up you chuckle. Just an observation:D[/QUOTE]

Scott and I both picked up our mini z on the first day. Al, never told us about driving straight, being courteous and seeing traffic. In Nascar, isnt rubbing racing. So whats the difference at Al's

Scott - As an Asian; we are taught to respect our elders, the chuckle you hear is slew of profanities in our language directed at you and your skills. Get a translator and lip reader and you will be pissed. When was the last time you saw an Asian get made. We smile and laugh while cursing u. Even Bruce Lee laughed while beating up people. LOL

Rob B
2010.12.22, 01:59 PM
I hope to get out of work at a decent hour tonight and get to the track for some racing. It has been way too long since I have raced. It has probably been about 6 weeks or so. I got a lot of rust to shake off :eek:. Hopefully I get to see everyone later.

hope to see you there tonight kevin....... its been way to long .

Slapstick10
2010.12.22, 02:16 PM
Scott and I both picked up our mini z on the first day. Al, never told us about driving straight, being courteous and seeing traffic. In Nascar, isnt rubbing racing. So whats the difference at Al's

Scott - As an Asian; we are taught to respect our elders, the chuckle you hear is slew of profanities in our language directed at you and your skills. Get a translator and lip reader and you will be pissed. When was the last time you saw an Asian get made. We smile and laugh while cursing u. Even Bruce Lee laughed while beating up people. LOL

Raj- And as Americans we are taught to stick our foot in our mouths quite offen ,eat like its our last meal and then some. Think the world owes us something and make more money for working less!:D

To members of DKR , Rob told me a funny joke when I see you I'll tell you!

rajiex
2010.12.23, 06:42 AM
I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to my other family at Action..

Last nite, was great racing. While I hate a slow technical track, there was a lot of places to catch up.. See Al, I bumped up so please go from Mr. Sandbagger to Mr. Hacker. I had the Cs locked up but pushed my driving limits to get bumped to the very bottom of the Bs.. Congrats to Greg, for winning the Cs...if I see the points thing the right way

Al - You looked so funny :mad: when I told u that I blocked/hacked you so that Danny, DKR racer, get some spacing on the track. In no way was it intentional. ;) I love this team racing idea, it brings even more drama to our unique style of racing. Tom is right, the team sections with its unique colors and racing motiffs do jazz up the place.. What is EMU Racing, Payne Racing and your team going to do to keep pace?

Danny - I really looked at the paint job and that is a thing of beauty.

Rob - Great paint job on Austin's car, good color combo (DKR Colors of course). We should see if this team racing lasts for a while, could you paint a fleet of team cars all with the same scheme.

DKR - What can I say.. Last series B & C champs all bumped up to the next higher class.

Fifty7
2010.12.23, 08:01 AM
Wish i could have made it down there last night to do it in person but i just want to wish everyone at Action a very Merry Christmas and hopefully I'll see you all on Sunday.

SaiTam
2010.12.23, 10:16 AM
DMS corner:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31023&stc=1&d=1293117352

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31024&stc=1&d=1293117352

Videos are being uploaded. Be Patient.

Number1
2010.12.23, 11:36 AM
Videos from last night

A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQr96MVhSk
B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wr271ztipY
C-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6dRq4hW0Y

This may be the first time in the mini-z history that two cameras are simultaneously used to record a race.:) The above videos were shot at 10:30 angle, Sai will provide videos from 1:30 angle shortly.

knightrider
2010.12.23, 11:50 AM
There's going to be So Much Drama when I sit next to that blue wall I can already hear it! :eek:

SaiTam
2010.12.23, 11:53 AM
C-Main upload failed.

A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea1XBpLhnUw)

B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcA1ql7K24w)

DMS Blooper video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD3oa5fTLeI) *I can delete upon Greg's request.

I am going to piece together the awesome Nat/Sai A-main chases starting at around 2:00. *Yellow F50 - Sai ; Silver Benz - Nat; Yellow Murcielago - Moving obstacle by DxR.

rajiex
2010.12.23, 12:27 PM
There's going to be So Much Drama when I sit next to that blue wall I can already hear it! :eek:

Tony, it may be the warmest corner but Tom is checking ID.. People will wonder are you really cold or jumping ship..

Scott - Check out the B main video, there was a lunar eclipse blocking the straightway.. I love the way you rubbed it..

rajiex
2010.12.23, 12:38 PM
Videos from last night

A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgQr96MVhSk
B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wr271ztipY
C-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6dRq4hW0Y

This may be the first time in the mini-z history that two cameras are simultaneously used to record a race.:) The above videos were shot at 10:30 angle, Sai will provide videos from 1:30 angle shortly.

Al - With this video angle, I have proof that I never intentionally blocked or hacked you..

Roland - DKR is savoring this day, when all of DKR outlapped you in the mains.:p.. I doubt you will ever let it happen again.. And you were right, you are one of the most courteous drivers out there unless the other car is black..Then you just drive throught it because you couldn't see it.. THey are going to add some more overhead lights to help me out.

Does anyone have any digital video equipment that can merge the two video clips into one ( like a split scree).. Now that would be cool..

SaiTam
2010.12.23, 12:54 PM
Scott - Check out the B main video, there was a lunar eclipse blocking the straightway.. I love the way you rubbed it..

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31025&stc=1&d=1293126839

SaiTam
2010.12.23, 01:09 PM
I merged two videos into one (Nat vs. Sai). I will edit the video to make it look more interesting later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSejufIboX8

KA2AEV
2010.12.23, 01:53 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31025&stc=1&d=1293126839

Nasty
I just threw up in my mouth :eek:

Number1
2010.12.23, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=rajiex;400910]Al - With this video angle, I have proof that I never intentionally blocked or hacked you..

Roland - DKR is savoring this day, when all of DKR outlapped you in the mains.:p.. I doubt you will ever let it happen again.. QUOTE]

As far as I will remember, this night never happened.:p:D

KA2AEV
2010.12.23, 02:07 PM
To All Our Friends and dysfunctional Family at ARCMS

MERRY CHRISTMAS From Team Golddust

ActionRC
2010.12.23, 03:44 PM
Last night was a lot of fun, and I was really happy with my car. I think I really could have held off Danny a few more laps for the win - even though he was coming up on me pretty quickly at the end. This Hackstreet Boy got outsourced by the Indian Mosler! Just kidding - ;) - it was a great race, and I take blame for my laps that allowed Danny to catch me. I had trouble getting by Paul a few times, but he couldn't be more courteous. I just needed to choose better moments to pass, and needed to stay a little tighter in the hairpins to complete some of my attrempted passes. Overall, I was very impressed with my car, and I thought I wheeled it pretty well. Thank you Sai and Roland for all of your hard work on the videos!

For Sundays' enduro, I will make some changes to the layout. I will also throw it out there that if the majority of people that show up on Sunday would rather run something like Gift Card Racing, I'll consider it. Honestly, I'd rather run the enduro because it's different and we don't get to do it as often - and it's a lot of fun.

In case I don't get to say it, Merry Christmas everyone!

:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad::D:mad: (<-- Clever, right?)

PS - I like how Rob is fast even when just walking past DMS - nevermind driving past them on the track!

EMU
2010.12.23, 03:55 PM
Happy X-Mas!!! Wish I could make the Enduro, but I have to work Sunday :( I tried to take off.

ActionRC
2010.12.23, 04:03 PM
Al - With this video angle, I have proof that I never intentionally blocked or hacked you..

Intentionally - no. Hacked nonetheless? Oh yeah! (1;11, 2:57, 6:27) :rolleyes:

Kidding - you crashed, I hit you. :(

Still had lots of fun!

ActionRC
2010.12.23, 04:04 PM
Happy X-Mas!!! Wish I could make the Enduro, but I have to work Sunday :( I tried to take off.

Sick day! (Cough, cough!)

hpotter
2010.12.23, 04:17 PM
C-Main upload failed.

A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea1XBpLhnUw)

B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcA1ql7K24w)

DMS Blooper video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD3oa5fTLeI) *I can delete upon Greg's request.

I am going to piece together the awesome Nat/Sai A-main chases starting at around 2:00. *Yellow F50 - Sai ; Silver Benz - Nat; Yellow Murcielago - Moving obstacle by DxR.

Don't feel bad Greg, we've all done the same thing. We'll make a couple of tweaks to your car and get revenge on the track :). Im starting to think that Rob himself is now fetted looking at that picture--either that or he's running on Atomics new batteries :D. Thanks to Roland for my Christmas gift (a winning run by a mere 34 laps :D). Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

GTR driver
2010.12.23, 06:17 PM
Merry Xmas to all you mini z racers and your families!

Scrapper
2010.12.23, 07:02 PM
merry holidays from the stu

GREGDGR81
2010.12.24, 01:59 AM
That was not the first time that happened and won't be the last time either. :D All i need is now some new kyosho rear tires and a soft t-plate and i'll be great again. It's to bad I have to work Sunday or I would be there.:mad: One more thing go DMS

Slapstick10
2010.12.24, 09:09 AM
To every one at Action RC Mini Speedway! I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

A special X-Mas wish to all Dream Killr Racing members. As we approach the start of the Dream Team Cup my wish to you is that all your Bad luck,Broken parts and Bad runs be transfered to DMS this holiday season. I believe with all my hart that we are the force to be reckoned with. Its going to take more then a coat of paint and a flashy banner to win.

As far as the enduro....we'll for me it will be a game time decision.

Al your scaring me with that Corvette of yours......its running like its on rails!

Have a Merry Christmas everyone!:D

PadrinoNY
2010.12.24, 09:53 AM
Scott look at what my nephew has been working on for the last 2 weeks not done yet I'll send it via email to you.... BTW Merry Xmas to all be safe....

Number1
2010.12.24, 03:19 PM
Don't feel bad Greg, we've all done the same thing. We'll make a couple of tweaks to your car and get revenge on the track :). Im starting to think that Rob himself is now fetted looking at that picture--either that or he's running on Atomics new batteries :D. Thanks to Roland for my Christmas gift (a winning run by a mere 34 laps :D). Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Remind me to give you two dollars, so you can buy a cheap fram from NATIONAL LIQUIDATOR, fram the result; and hopefully get to live long enough and tell your grandchild how good you ONCE were..:rolleyes::)

Have a MERY CHRIETMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone here at ACTION RC!

ActionRC
2010.12.24, 03:47 PM
Raj - Now you're hiring photographers for the Dreamkillr website bio pic???

Stu - Do you still have a Mustang body clip from the Pepto Bismol car?

Merry Christmas everyone!!! See you all Sunday for the Enduro!!! It's going to be AWESOME!!! :D

Scrapper
2010.12.24, 04:16 PM
i doubt it al

PadrinoNY
2010.12.24, 04:23 PM
Well it's official I am working Sunday I'll see you guys during the week..... Feliz Navidad a todos los amigos y familia de Action RC...... There you go Al some spanish not only at the track but now on the forum...... :D

KA2AEV
2010.12.25, 01:14 AM
Well it's official I am working Sunday I'll see you guys during the week..... Feliz Navidad a todos los amigos y familia de Action RC...... There you go Al some spanish not only at the track but now on the forum...... :D

Pucho Mi Amigo
Feliz Navidad y Prospero Ano Nuevo:)

Scrapper
2010.12.25, 07:02 AM
stu wishes he could make it tomorrow but cant

Best of wishes merry x-mas from the stu

PadrinoNY
2010.12.25, 10:49 AM
Soo glad this Xmas morning stuff is over, time to take a nap.... Santa didnt bring my mini 96 track this year. Maybe next year LOL :D

Kevin S.
2010.12.25, 12:43 PM
I just want to wish my Action RC Family and everyone else a Very Merry Christmas. I hope everyone has a great day!

Rob B
2010.12.25, 02:17 PM
merry christmas to everyone and their families..

KA2AEV
2010.12.25, 03:03 PM
Quick Question
Weather Service has just issued Winter Weather Watches for snow accumulations of up to 7 inches starting sometime Sunday :eek:

Are we still on???

danny250r
2010.12.25, 03:22 PM
merry christmas everyone :D hope to see you all tom!

Fifty7
2010.12.25, 06:36 PM
Quick Question
Weather Service has just issued Winter Weather Watches for snow accumulations of up to 7 inches starting sometime Sunday :eek:

Are we still on???

Sure, everyone bring a shovel

ActionRC
2010.12.26, 01:23 AM
I heard up to 16" starting tomorrow! I will be there at 12:00 either way, since it wouldn't be bad by then anyway, and we'll see what happens. I have to try - the track needs some cash without having a Friday or Saturday race weekend, so anything that comes in will help.

Try to make it, everyone! Hope Christmas was great for all of you! Going to bed now in my new Tony Stewart pajamas! :D

k_bojar
2010.12.26, 08:04 AM
merry late christmas everyone :)

Al - any big races coming up this winter?? i really want to get back up there, but just can't do it during the week or on friday nights :(

see you all (hopefully) soon,

kaybo

Slapstick10
2010.12.26, 11:51 AM
who's running little cars today at Action?;)

minittrackmann
2010.12.26, 04:24 PM
Will there be a winter nats this year?

Golddust
2010.12.26, 07:08 PM
;):) i had a great time at the endro

Scrapper
2010.12.26, 07:21 PM
who won?
the enduro that is

Golddust
2010.12.26, 07:24 PM
who won?
the enduro that is

Hi Stu
Dominick, me, Austin, and Justin won the endro.

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.26, 07:38 PM
Gold dust finally made his own account. :eek:

J-Milz
2010.12.26, 11:08 PM
Gold dust finally made his own account. :eek:

Welcome! Here is a few avatars to try out!

GTR driver
2010.12.26, 11:26 PM
Welcome! Here is a few avatars to try out!

I like the R8

GTR driver
2010.12.26, 11:27 PM
Hi Stu
Dominick, me, Austin, and Justin won the endro.

Welcome to the forums!

PadrinoNY
2010.12.27, 08:48 AM
Wow Welcome Goldust. On another note am I the only one that has the day off (thanks mother nature). Hey Al lets play early today LOL......

EMU
2010.12.27, 10:23 AM
I have the day off, but not due to the weather. My brother gave me something special for Xmas... a 103f fever :eek:

Looks like the enduro was fun, wish I could have made it. Hopefully next time.

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.27, 11:46 AM
Al is opening today or will the open practice push back to Tuesday?

Scrapper
2010.12.27, 11:55 AM
Hey al
Stu here wishing you merry holidays

ShortBus
2010.12.27, 02:32 PM
Dr Kustom - I don't see today or Wednesday listed on his web site. I think the main issue right now might be the parking lot not being plowed?

Al - are you out there?????

GTR driver
2010.12.27, 05:40 PM
Dr Kustom - I don't see today or Wednesday listed on his web site. I think the main issue right now might be the parking lot not being plowed?

Al - are you out there?????

He's too busy shoveling the lot...

ActionRC
2010.12.27, 05:48 PM
Forget the lot - I was shoveling my house ALL DAY from 9-4:30, and that was just shovel-width paths plus the driveway. I am hurtin'! My job was closed today, but I am not sure about tomorrow.

Obviously the track will be closed tonight, and I think I will close tomorrow for open practice. We'll pick up again on Wednesday with points racing. By then hopefully the lot will be clear, but I have to find a way to get it done. I don't know anyone with a plow, and this is too much for a shovel or normal snow-blower. Maybe the landlord will do it - I think he ran a plow through a few times last year, but we'll see. I'll send an email shortly.

The enduro was fun - we had the klids on their own team and they did really well and won it. My car was OK but not great all day. I'll post the results shortly.

Golddust
2010.12.27, 05:49 PM
THE SNOW AT MY HOUSE IS UP TO MY THIGH:eek: AND SNOW DRIFTS UP TO MY CHEST:eek:

rajiex
2010.12.27, 05:56 PM
Took a usual 20 minute trip from Action on Sunday into 2 hours. Parkway and Richmond Ave were horrific.. I didnt even want to try the side roads; which btw still has not gotten plowed. Showed up to work 9 hours after my regular report time.. Not bad.. I had 5 foot drifts blocking my doors, had to wade through my backyard just to get to the front of the house. My arms are aching but boy will they be pumped up for holding a remote.

Anyone know anyone with a plow.. I want to get back in on Wed..

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.27, 06:06 PM
Do I get pay if I clean up the parking lot for you? :D

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.27, 06:08 PM
Took a usual 20 minute trip from Action on Sunday into 2 hours. Parkway and Richmond Ave were horrific.. I didnt even want to try the side roads; which btw still has not gotten plowed. Showed up to work 9 hours after my regular report time.. Not bad.. I had 5 foot drifts blocking my doors, had to wade through my backyard just to get to the front of the house. My arms are aching but boy will they be pumped up for holding a remote.

Anyone know anyone with a plow.. I want to get back in on Wed..
It took me an hour to get home on Sunday. Everyone sliding all over the place on the road.

Fifty7
2010.12.27, 06:21 PM
it's crazy over here. Still have not seen a plow yet and my neighbors with 4x4 tried to go out and got stuck so forget a car. I'm definitely trapped until a plow comes.:eek:

CDR racing
2010.12.27, 06:34 PM
I seriously don't think a single plow has touched Staten Island yet. Everyone from all different parts of the island is saying that they havent seen any plows yet, so I don't know where they have plowed. This is nuts!

Golddust
2010.12.27, 06:55 PM
THEY DID ARTHUR KILL RD LAST NIGHT AT 11:00PM AND I HAVEN'T SEEN A PLOW YET!:eek::confused:

PadrinoNY
2010.12.27, 06:59 PM
They haven't even touched major parts of brooklyn. It's a nightmare to cross here on Linden Blvd. I actually just dug out the van for work tomorrow and my arthritis plus muscle pain in the lower back NO GOOD. I think I am gonna need a chair if I race Wed. (which if it's open i intend too).

Golddust
2010.12.27, 07:10 PM
Manhhattan was plowed this morning.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Scrapper
2010.12.27, 07:23 PM
cause all the rich aristocrats demanded it why else

SaiTam
2010.12.27, 08:35 PM
The roads in front of the various Housing Projects in Manhattan are clear.

I'll go take a photo of my car later. I'll let the snow naturally melt before I'll drive again(don't have shovel not even a snow brush).

bermbuster
2010.12.27, 08:40 PM
The roads in front of the various Housing Projects in Manhattan are clear.

I'll go take a photo of my car later. I'll let the snow naturally melt before I'll drive again(don't have shovel not even a snow brush).

I like your attitude Sai.....
I moved a few tons of snow today and it hurts.....:cool:

EMU
2010.12.27, 08:44 PM
Since the temps will be going into the mid 40's later this week... I expect that it shouldnt take to long to be able to drive without shoveling...

Scrapper
2010.12.27, 08:50 PM
the manhattan peeps are trapped w.o racing oh no lions and tigers and bears oh my

CDR racing
2010.12.27, 09:05 PM
cause all the rich aristocrats demanded it why else

quite possibly the most ironic stugotz quote ever! :D

SaiTam
2010.12.27, 09:24 PM
ironic or iconic?

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.27, 09:46 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/Dr_Kustom/PC270674.jpg

Rob B
2010.12.27, 11:08 PM
wow.. just got finished with a 15 hour day .... 12 of which i spent pulling garbage trucks out of the snow .. its so bad here in brooklyn ,the plows cannot get down the streets. 11 years working for the dept of sanatition and this is the worst storm i have ever seen .. so, it looks like i wont be racing for a while .. :( hope to see you guys sometime b4 april.....

and today was my birthday ... some way to spend it..:eek:

SaiTam
2010.12.27, 11:45 PM
Happy Birthday Rob!

Is this you in the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE

P.S. I didn't write the title of the video.

Take a look at these:

*my friend sent these to me from Brooklyn
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/misc/rmp.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/misc/4gmlu.jpg

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.28, 12:07 AM
Happy B-Day Rob.

Wow...that video...:eek::eek::eek: I'm speechless.

EMU
2010.12.28, 12:49 AM
Happy Birthday Rob!

Is this you in the video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt_r-jO3lKE

I doubt it is Rob. There is no pink truck...

knightrider
2010.12.28, 01:04 AM
matching batteries and shoveling and rebuilding diffs oh my. I'm already getting withdrawals :(

Scrapper
2010.12.28, 07:12 AM
happy b-day dreamkilla

ActionRC
2010.12.28, 09:46 AM
Happy b'da y Rob!

Work is closed again today, so I'll do more shoveling at home, and maybe some sledding. Actually don't feel any pain today, but slept really well! I'll drive by the track later and see what's going on. I live a block up from Marty and I was able to get out of my block yesterday after I dug from the driveway to the street, but the park entrance is on my corner so I think that's why they do my block. I'm not sure if my block was plowed or if it was just pressed down, but it was probably plowed once if we were able to drive on it yesterday morning.

I'll tell everyone my "getting home from the track" story in person tomorrow. Me, Justin, and Dominick had quite an adventure! :D

PadrinoNY
2010.12.28, 10:01 AM
Wow thats a crazy video... BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROBBIE ROB. Can't wait till tomorrow........

Fifty7
2010.12.28, 10:06 AM
Happy Birthday Rob. That video is crazy. The version i saw had music behind it to drown out the cursing, it was much better without it. That 2nd picture looks like a movie scene. Al - you would know if they didnt plow. I dug out my driveway to the street so now when i look out my driveway is clean but it runs into a 2 foot high wall of snow which would probably be up to your window on the civic:D

Scrapper
2010.12.28, 10:08 AM
you wanna know something else thats crazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWRyj5cHIQA

Kevin S.
2010.12.28, 10:11 AM
Happy B-Day Rob!

Fifty7
2010.12.28, 10:27 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/misc/rmp.jpg

Jamil!!!! YOU OK IN THERE????:p

J-Milz
2010.12.28, 11:03 AM
Noooo! I need a periscope!

KA2AEV
2010.12.28, 11:52 AM

Ahh you'll survive, you got plenty of donuts!:rolleyes:

Fifty7
2010.12.28, 11:56 AM

I would bring you one but i dont have a snowmobile - just a bike that looks like one

EMU
2010.12.28, 12:37 PM
Just attach skis to the front wheels... and put a paddle tire on the rear... instant snomobile. I would think that Can Am would make a snow mod for it...

J-Milz
2010.12.28, 12:40 PM
Ahh you'll survive, you got plenty of donuts!:rolleyes:

I love it when the large stature guys try to rip donut jokes! :eek:

ShortBus
2010.12.28, 01:23 PM
oohhhh snap !!! "large stature guys"

PadrinoNY
2010.12.28, 01:29 PM
AH snap here we go!!!!!

GTR driver
2010.12.28, 04:24 PM
UH OH, this is gonna be good! :D

PadrinoNY
2010.12.28, 04:54 PM
Hey set aside from the other forum does anyone know where I can maybe aquire a Mini coop m chassis used for a decent price? I had one till one of my unruly family members dropped it and cracked the front end (nosey a$$ F#$%G puerto ricans) ;)

SaiTam
2010.12.28, 04:56 PM
I have a M-04 RWD for sale with many parts. I'll put together a list of what I have and let you know. However I don't remember if I sold it on Ebay or not. RWD > FWD.

I also have lots of M-03 parts. Too many to list.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSale2010b/IMG_0051.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSale2010b/IMG_0053.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/ForSale2010b/IMG_0054.jpg

ShortBus
2010.12.28, 06:56 PM
Sai, what ESC is on that M04 and would you part it out?

Jeff

Rob B
2010.12.28, 07:02 PM
I doubt it is Rob. There is no pink truck...

lol emu... that wasent me... those operators were morons.. its sanitation workers like them, that give us the bad name..

i asked them if i could paint my orange front end loader pink.... :D

sjm324
2010.12.28, 08:44 PM
Sai, what ESC is on that M04 and would you part it out?

Jeff

looks like an old novak

Fifty7
2010.12.28, 09:37 PM
Al - So, did you make it to the track? I was able to get my car out and go to Pathmark on Arthur Kill so we could get there, but could we park & get in?

SaiTam
2010.12.28, 09:46 PM
Jeff, I think that's a 410-HPC. It's more than enough for silver can. However, I have a lot more ESCs for you to choose from. I just need to be able to get back to Queens and get them.

Those sanitation operators obviously don't drive RC cars.

ActionRC
2010.12.28, 11:25 PM
Ok, everyone - so I went to the track this afternoon and dug out a 4' high drift, and got all of the gates and doors open. There is parking to the right of the door and the driveway going towards the back, as well as the side going toward Little Mikey's - plenty of spots for the normal Wednesday crew, so come on down! See everyone tomorrow! :D

Marty - I got to Pathmark yesterday. One cashier all day, and three bank tellers! They owe that cashier Employee of the Month honors!

J-Milz
2010.12.29, 12:53 AM
Those sanitation operators obviously don't drive RC cars.

They are shoving one up Bloomturds az! I applaud them, they have balls PD wish they had...

Sai got any Tekin esc's??

SaiTam
2010.12.29, 01:13 AM
I don't think I have any Tekin ESC, I'll check again.

When I used to live in Weehawken NJ right across the river; the town would spread salt even before the storm started; streets were plowed cleanly and they had workers dig out a path for pedestrians on each street crossing. NJ had more snow this time and I didn't hear any complaints about snow removal.

Slapstick10
2010.12.29, 09:28 AM
Anyone know about this place
http://polepositionraceway.com

SaiTam
2010.12.29, 09:54 AM
Great! Let the hacking and blocking continue in a different style!

There is also V-17 at the exit on Rt.80/Rt.17 right where you get off when you go to Majs.

I can see myself having a overall weight advantage over you Scott. However, you carry a higher momentum when hitting me, haha:D

Scrapper
2010.12.29, 10:03 AM
I need to get my license for another reason other than driving to tracks for miniz now tracks of diff kind

Slapstick10
2010.12.29, 10:45 AM
Great! Let the hacking and blocking continue in a different style!

There is also V-17 at the exit on Rt.80/Rt.17 right where you get off when you go to Majs.

I can see myself having a overall weight advantage over you Scott. However, you carry a higher momentum when hitting me, haha:D

yea ...My wife is breaking my onions to do something with the kids. I'm probably going to try it being new and all. Its a brand new track from what I understand. The cars look awesome and .........My wife has coupons! thats funny!

DKR shirts..... Stu reminded me about them totally forgot. I'll check if there done if they are I'll bring them to the track.

Slapstick10
2010.12.29, 11:31 AM
The shirts will not be ready till after the new Year!

EMU
2010.12.29, 11:41 AM
Theres also www.GPNY.com
http://www.gpny.com/node/253 (1 lap vid)

Fifty7
2010.12.29, 12:30 PM

Road Trip - and for 5K we can have the place to ourselves for 2 hours:eek:

J-Milz
2010.12.29, 12:45 PM
I like this...we should set up one Saturday. How's Saturday Jan.22?

hpotter
2010.12.29, 12:47 PM

I'm in and pretty sure DMS would love a heads up against DKR :D.

EMU
2010.12.29, 02:00 PM
I would think that EMUracing would aswell Tom ;) Although, they may lower the HP level for drivers without lisences.... :rolleyes: So I would have to race in Dominics class ;)

Slapstick10
2010.12.29, 02:49 PM
This place is pretty cool. Hot lap of the track is 22.4. My first time going was 26.5. Not bad never did it before. I'm going again and gonna push the car hard! Well see what happens. The gun says I topped out at 43mph but it doesn't feel like it! It feels like 25-30

Fifty7
2010.12.29, 06:08 PM
I would think that EMUracing would aswell Tom ;) Although, they may lower the HP level for drivers without lisences.... :rolleyes: So I would have to race in Dominics class ;)

Talk about sandbagging:p

EMU
2010.12.29, 07:56 PM
I would probably beat some of the guys on other teams using the faster karts, they sandbag too... just in a different way :eek:

I lost about 10lbs this past week being sick... so im a lightweight racing machine. Im almost at my old bike racing weight. Wait, I never raced bikes :rolleyes: But if I did, Id be right on target.

KA2AEV
2010.12.29, 09:48 PM
I love it when the large stature guys try to rip donut jokes! :eek:

To quote My Hero Cartman
Hey! Im not a Large Statured Guy
Im Just Big Boned! :D

SaiTam
2010.12.29, 10:53 PM
How wide are the lanes and are there enough passing zones?

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.30, 01:14 AM
Tonight was probably the best night I've ever had at ActionRC! Had a great time battling with Anthony!

GTR driver
2010.12.30, 01:56 AM
I like this...we should set up one Saturday. How's Saturday Jan.22?

I use to race at V17 alot. They black flagged me for drifting too much! I'm down for Jan 22nd though!

GTR driver
2010.12.30, 01:59 AM

You and the DKR team captain got a heads up battle coming up soon. :eek:

hpotter
2010.12.30, 02:28 AM

Yeah, when the snow goes bye-bye :)

GTR driver
2010.12.30, 02:53 AM
Sorry I meant go karting. All karts are equal, its all driver. :cool:

bermbuster
2010.12.30, 07:13 AM
This place is pretty cool. Hot lap of the track is 22.4. My first time going was 26.5. Not bad never did it before. I'm going again and gonna push the car hard! Well see what happens. The gun says I topped out at 43mph but it doesn't feel like it! It feels like 25-30

Nice.....
We gotta get Tommy Lane on that track. Im sure he can do at least a
22.5......:cool:

ActionRC
2010.12.30, 09:17 AM
A go-kart trip would be fun - maybe we can combo it into a Mini-Z / Go-Kart weekend so Action can still pay the bills!

Here is a list of bodies that Kyosho has in stock. I have many of the good ones, but if anyone wants anything custom-ordered, let me know by email with part #. (Many of the older ones are still at "older" pricing too!) :D

Item Number Description
MZC5S Audi TT Silver
MZC8R Honda S2000 Red
MZG101M-B CHRYSLER 300C(Magnesium)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG106MB-B Alfa 156 GTA(Metallic Blue)
MZG106R-B MR-015RM ALFA 156 GTA (RED)
MZG108MB-B ASC MR015HM MINI COOPER S Metallic Blue
MZG208MB-B Ferrari 612 Scaglietti Metallic Blue
MZG30GL-B PT CRUISER(GOLD)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG30MB-B PT CRUISER(METALLIC BLUE)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG30S-B PT CRUISER(SILVER)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG40BG-B Lotus Europe Special British Green
MZP108UMG-B ASC MINI COOPER S Metallic Green (Union Jack roof)
MZP126AD-B ASC MR-03N-RM Porsche 911 GT3 RSR No.136 Advan
MZP126FL-B ASC MR-03N-RM Porsche 911 GT3 RSR No.45 Flying Lizard
MZP127GR-B MINI COOPER S JCW GP Grey
MZP129R-B ASC MR-03N-RM Ferrari F355 Challenge Red
MZP130S-B ASC MR-03N-HM New Beetle TurboS Silver
MZP13W-B ASC MR-03N-HM TOYOTA Vitz RS White
MZP201R-B ASC Gloss Coat/ENZO FERRARI/Red
MZP207Y-B ASC MR-02MM Lamborghini Murcielago Yellow
MZP211R-B ASC MR02MM Ferrari FXX Red
MZP212G-B ASC MR-02MMi Aston Martin DBR9 009 Gulf
MZP212JA-B ASC MR-02MMi Aston Martin DBR9 '07 FIA-GT No.33 Jetalliance
MZP212L9-B ASC MR-02MMi Aston Martin DBR9 No. 009
MZP213LA-B ASC MR-02MMi McLaren F1 GTR No.44 LeMans
MZP213P-B ASC MR-03W-MM McLarenF1 GTR Roadcar 1997
MZP214TX-B XANAVI GT-R Testcar 2008
MZP2WRC-B A.S.C. SUBARU Impreza WRC
MZP25L3B 2003 Chevrolet Corvette C5-R No.50
MZP319T-B TOM'S SC430 06 Test Car
MZP321TP-B ASC Ferrari F40 Totip
MZP322TQ-B ASC MR02LM Porshe 962 C LH TAKA Q No.7
MZP323T-B ASC MR-02 LM MAZDA 787B Test Car
MZP326LH-B ASC MR-03W-RM PORSCHE 962 C KH No.16 Leyton House
MZP328TR-B ASC MR-02 RM FERRARI F430 GT Test Car (Red)
MZP329SM-B ASC MR-03 MM SAUBER MERCEDES C9
MZP331CR-B ASC MR-03W-RM Ferrari 360 Challenge Red
MZP3WRC-B A.S.C. MITSUBISHI Lancer WRC
MZP409M-B ASC MA-010 MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo.X Dealer Team
MZP409MR-B ASC MA-010 MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo.X Metallic Red
MZP409PW-B ASC MA-010 MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo X Pearl White
MZP410CW-B ASC MA-010 Formula D Toyota AE86
MZP414W-B SUBARU IMPREZA WRC2008 White
MZP414W5B IMPREZA WRC2008 No.5
MZP416DA-B ASC SUBARU Impreza WRX STI Spec C Cusco Racing
MZP417UB-B ASC NISSAN GT-R Spec-V Ultimate Opal Black
MZP45MY-B ASC Honda Veilside S2000 Yellow
MZX105UJ-B ASC Unisia Jecs Skyline 1993
MZX108R-B ASC MR015HM MINI COOPER S Red
MZX10W-B ASC MR-015RM Toyota AE86 White
MZX116BK-B ASC MR015 RM Porsche 934 RSR Turbo Black
MZX116V-B ASC MR015 RM Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant
MZX123-29B ASC MR015MM NASCAR #29 Chevrolet
MZX201T-B ASC Gloss Coat/ENZO FERRARI/Test Car (RED)
MZX201TB-B ASC Gloss Coat/ENZO FERRARI/Test Car (Black)
MZX203G-B McLaren F1 GTR (Gulf Racing #24)
MZX203P-B ASC McLaren F1 LM Orange
MZX203U-B ASC Gloss Coat/ McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu
MZX204BK-B ASC BMW M3 GTR (Black)
MZX204S-B ASC BMW M3 GTR (Silver)
MZX313AS-B ASC MR02 RM Audi DTM Team Abt Sportsline
MZX313TA-B ASC MR02 RM Audi DTM Red Bull Team Abt
MZX322NT-B ASC MR-02 LM Porsche 962C LH Nisseki Trust #63
MZX322PR-B ASC MR02LM Porshe 962 C LH No. Rothmans
MZX326AD-B ASC MR-02LM ASF PORSCHE 962 C Advan
MZX326RA-B ASC MR-02LM ASF PORSCHE 962 C Rothmans High Tail
MZX33AG-B ASC AMG Mercedes CLK-DTM2002
MZX33VF-B ASC Vodafone AMG Mercedes
MZX403SR-B ASC MA010 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Spec C '07SRTJ Ver.
MZX407S-B ASC MA010 VW Golf R32 (Silver)
MZX408BK-B ASC MA-010 Alfa Brera Black
MZX408R-B ASC MA-010 Alfa Brera Red
MZX408S-B ASC MA-010 Alfa Brera Silver
R246-1101 ASC Skyline GT-R Group A Test
R246-1102 ASC Skyline GT-R Group A Test
R246-1121 NISSAN FAIRLADY 240Z-L Red
R246-1123 NISSAN FAIRLADY 240Z-L White
R246-1131** NISSAN R390GT1 LM1997 No.21
R246-1132 * NISSAN R390GT1 LM1997 No.22

Overland
MVC2JR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER(Paris-Dakar#239)
MVC2S TOYOTA LAND CRUISER(SILVER)
MVG3MB-B BMW X5 (Metallic Blue)
MVG3S-B BMW X5 (Silver)
MVG6HM-B MITSUBISHI PAJERO EVO. (Paris-Dakar#200)
MVP4SY-B Overland Hummer H1 (Sand Yellow)
MVX13BK-B Overland Cadillac Escalade Black
MVX13W-B Overland Cadillac Escalade White

Great racing last night! Jason and Ant were dead-even, and Austin would have been right there if it weren't for his pit crew! :p Raj and Paul had a close race too, as did Scott and Marty. It was great to have Crop back again as well. My car has much more steering since I reset the radio, and I actually like it. It'll be really good when I put new rubber on the rear and a faster motor than the Speedy 05 I am running. Plently of MZW38-20 rears on the way for Saturday!

SaiTam
2010.12.30, 10:02 AM
I missed racing last night, will try coming on Saturday instead.

On another note, look what I found:

EMU's UGG ripoff:
http://cdn3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/145/732/821/DxJB.jpg

Sai's air freshener for a better smelling track(choice of pork / shrimp / chicken smell):
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tb6Yd0JuGlw/SWicZsBk4VI/AAAAAAAAAQA/T6ccSPcHioM/s320/DSC00750.JPG

Roland's specialty:
http://www.doma-italian-market.com/images/Roland%20quail%20eggs_MI-84002.jpg

Stugotz Italian T-shirt for real:
http://www.wopshirts.com/images/D/Stugotz(M1).jpg

http://www.wopshirts.com/Stugotz-Italian-T-shirt.html

Support us by buying bootleg UGG; Roland's eggs; Stugotz T-shirt and the nice smelling dice.:D

Scrapper
2010.12.30, 10:03 AM
Al What about lil stugottz you murderer jk

Funny sai

Dr. Kustom
2010.12.30, 10:39 AM
Does the air freshener have bacon flavored?

Scrapper
2010.12.30, 10:43 AM
Sai thats too funny but what about sammy you gotta find green eggs and ham for him

DREAM KILLR USA
2010.12.30, 11:38 AM

DKR will now be able to add Pole Position to its list of credits. How nice it would be to be able to secure another DKR win against DMS!:D

From what I saw they can regulate the power for each individual car. EMU might want to let Shafiq handle this one! As I put him in Dominics class. LOL:D

How wide are the lanes and are there enough passing zones?

I would like to say 3 cars wide. I am going to upload a video of my race winning pass!

I use to race at V17 alot. They black flagged me for drifting too much! I'm down for Jan 22nd though!

Not likely here they dont give that much slide. They run slicks and only break a little. Not paying attention will cause the car to push hard!

Oh yea baby bet that A$$ we do!:D

Slapstick10
2010.12.30, 11:44 AM
Nice.....
We gotta get Tommy Lane on that track. Im sure he can do at least a
22.5......:cool:

I think that its going to come down to driving and body weight! I really believe the only reason I didnt make the fast lasp was body weight!:)

Scrapper
2010.12.30, 11:44 AM
I have my secret weapon starting saturday stus specialty for his driving style
A new (Saitam) awd

ActionRC
2010.12.30, 12:17 PM
Sai - Those products are hilareous! I looked up "Al's" to see if I had any cool products, and the first thing that came up was ALS - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (abbreviated ALS, also referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease) - a form of motor neuron disease. Looked for a laugh and found a total downer! :(

Stu - If I killed Lil' Stugotz, how do you explain this:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/27/us/27stinkbug.html

Scott wanted me to post a video of him go-karting but it was too large. (No pun intended!) :D

hpotter
2010.12.30, 01:29 PM
DKR will now be able to add Pole Position to its list of credits. How nice it would be to be able to secure another DKR win against DMS!:D

Wait, don't you have to win once to secure "another" victory? Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we :)?

EMU
2010.12.30, 02:48 PM
Sai - Those products are hilareous! I looked up "Al's" to see if I had any cool products, and the first thing that came up was ALS - Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (abbreviated ALS, also referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease) - a form of motor neuron disease. Looked for a laugh and found a total downer! :(

This was what the 'ALS' race Sai, Stu and I went to was held to raise charity for...

Fifty7
2010.12.30, 03:22 PM
Wait, don't you have to win once to secure "another" victory? Getting a little ahead of ourselves aren't we :)?

yes they are - B main DKR = DNF and A main DMS 1st & 2nd :D

danny250r
2010.12.30, 04:34 PM
A go-kart trip would be fun - maybe we can combo it into a Mini-Z / Go-Kart weekend so Action can still pay the bills!

Here is a list of bodies that Kyosho has in stock. I have many of the good ones, but if anyone wants anything custom-ordered, let me know by email with part #. (Many of the older ones are still at "older" pricing too!) :D

Item Number Description
MZC5S Audi TT Silver
MZC8R Honda S2000 Red
MZG101M-B CHRYSLER 300C(Magnesium)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG106MB-B Alfa 156 GTA(Metallic Blue)
MZG106R-B MR-015RM ALFA 156 GTA (RED)
MZG108MB-B ASC MR015HM MINI COOPER S Metallic Blue
MZG208MB-B Ferrari 612 Scaglietti Metallic Blue
MZG30GL-B PT CRUISER(GOLD)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG30MB-B PT CRUISER(METALLIC BLUE)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG30S-B PT CRUISER(SILVER)AUTO SCALE COLLECTION
MZG40BG-B Lotus Europe Special British Green
MZP108UMG-B ASC MINI COOPER S Metallic Green (Union Jack roof)
MZP126AD-B ASC MR-03N-RM Porsche 911 GT3 RSR No.136 Advan
MZP126FL-B ASC MR-03N-RM Porsche 911 GT3 RSR No.45 Flying Lizard
MZP127GR-B MINI COOPER S JCW GP Grey
MZP129R-B ASC MR-03N-RM Ferrari F355 Challenge Red
MZP130S-B ASC MR-03N-HM New Beetle TurboS Silver
MZP13W-B ASC MR-03N-HM TOYOTA Vitz RS White
MZP201R-B ASC Gloss Coat/ENZO FERRARI/Red
MZP207Y-B ASC MR-02MM Lamborghini Murcielago Yellow
MZP211R-B ASC MR02MM Ferrari FXX Red
MZP212G-B ASC MR-02MMi Aston Martin DBR9 009 Gulf
MZP212JA-B ASC MR-02MMi Aston Martin DBR9 '07 FIA-GT No.33 Jetalliance
MZP212L9-B ASC MR-02MMi Aston Martin DBR9 No. 009
MZP213LA-B ASC MR-02MMi McLaren F1 GTR No.44 LeMans
MZP213P-B ASC MR-03W-MM McLarenF1 GTR Roadcar 1997
MZP214TX-B XANAVI GT-R Testcar 2008
MZP2WRC-B A.S.C. SUBARU Impreza WRC
MZP25L3B 2003 Chevrolet Corvette C5-R No.50
MZP319T-B TOM'S SC430 06 Test Car
MZP321TP-B ASC Ferrari F40 Totip
MZP322TQ-B ASC MR02LM Porshe 962 C LH TAKA Q No.7
MZP323T-B ASC MR-02 LM MAZDA 787B Test Car
MZP326LH-B ASC MR-03W-RM PORSCHE 962 C KH No.16 Leyton House
MZP328TR-B ASC MR-02 RM FERRARI F430 GT Test Car (Red)
MZP329SM-B ASC MR-03 MM SAUBER MERCEDES C9
MZP331CR-B ASC MR-03W-RM Ferrari 360 Challenge Red
MZP3WRC-B A.S.C. MITSUBISHI Lancer WRC
MZP409M-B ASC MA-010 MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo.X Dealer Team
MZP409MR-B ASC MA-010 MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo.X Metallic Red
MZP409PW-B ASC MA-010 MITSUBISHI LANCER Evo X Pearl White
MZP410CW-B ASC MA-010 Formula D Toyota AE86
MZP414W-B SUBARU IMPREZA WRC2008 White
MZP414W5B IMPREZA WRC2008 No.5
MZP416DA-B ASC SUBARU Impreza WRX STI Spec C Cusco Racing
MZP417UB-B ASC NISSAN GT-R Spec-V Ultimate Opal Black
MZP45MY-B ASC Honda Veilside S2000 Yellow
MZX105UJ-B ASC Unisia Jecs Skyline 1993
MZX108R-B ASC MR015HM MINI COOPER S Red
MZX10W-B ASC MR-015RM Toyota AE86 White
MZX116BK-B ASC MR015 RM Porsche 934 RSR Turbo Black
MZX116V-B ASC MR015 RM Porsche 934 RSR Vaillant
MZX123-29B ASC MR015MM NASCAR #29 Chevrolet
MZX201T-B ASC Gloss Coat/ENZO FERRARI/Test Car (RED)
MZX201TB-B ASC Gloss Coat/ENZO FERRARI/Test Car (Black)
MZX203G-B McLaren F1 GTR (Gulf Racing #24)
MZX203P-B ASC McLaren F1 LM Orange
MZX203U-B ASC Gloss Coat/ McLaren F1 GTR Kokusai Kaihatsu
MZX204BK-B ASC BMW M3 GTR (Black)
MZX204S-B ASC BMW M3 GTR (Silver)
MZX313AS-B ASC MR02 RM Audi DTM Team Abt Sportsline
MZX313TA-B ASC MR02 RM Audi DTM Red Bull Team Abt
MZX322NT-B ASC MR-02 LM Porsche 962C LH Nisseki Trust #63
MZX322PR-B ASC MR02LM Porshe 962 C LH No. Rothmans
MZX326AD-B ASC MR-02LM ASF PORSCHE 962 C Advan
MZX326RA-B ASC MR-02LM ASF PORSCHE 962 C Rothmans High Tail
MZX33AG-B ASC AMG Mercedes CLK-DTM2002
MZX33VF-B ASC Vodafone AMG Mercedes
MZX403SR-B ASC MA010 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Spec C '07SRTJ Ver.
MZX407S-B ASC MA010 VW Golf R32 (Silver)
MZX408BK-B ASC MA-010 Alfa Brera Black
MZX408R-B ASC MA-010 Alfa Brera Red
MZX408S-B ASC MA-010 Alfa Brera Silver
R246-1101 ASC Skyline GT-R Group A Test
R246-1102 ASC Skyline GT-R Group A Test
R246-1121 NISSAN FAIRLADY 240Z-L Red
R246-1123 NISSAN FAIRLADY 240Z-L White
R246-1131** NISSAN R390GT1 LM1997 No.21
R246-1132 * NISSAN R390GT1 LM1997 No.22

Overland
MVC2JR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER(Paris-Dakar#239)
MVC2S TOYOTA LAND CRUISER(SILVER)
MVG3MB-B BMW X5 (Metallic Blue)
MVG3S-B BMW X5 (Silver)
MVG6HM-B MITSUBISHI PAJERO EVO. (Paris-Dakar#200)
MVP4SY-B Overland Hummer H1 (Sand Yellow)
MVX13BK-B Overland Cadillac Escalade Black
MVX13W-B Overland Cadillac Escalade White

Great racing last night! Jason and Ant were dead-even, and Austin would have been right there if it weren't for his pit crew! :p Raj and Paul had a close race too, as did Scott and Marty. It was great to have Crop back again as well. My car has much more steering since I reset the radio, and I actually like it. It'll be really good when I put new rubber on the rear and a faster motor than the Speedy 05 I am running. Plently of MZW38-20 rears on the way for Saturday!

Al ill take a ferrari 599xx red,yellow,and a white body when they come out in jan

EMU
2010.12.30, 05:15 PM
Does that Audi-TT have the rear wing? If so, I will take it... If not... I will think about it.

J-Milz
2010.12.30, 11:55 PM
FYI.....If anyone is interested I have a near new JR Z1 radio for sale in the box with book. Its the same as the KO Propo Helios. Sai, Jonathan, Jason, and I have the same radio. Im asking $100 no module. Let me know.

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 02:52 AM
would u take a trade for good condition ex 1 ur thats the exact radio ive been searching for

GTR driver
2010.12.31, 02:53 AM
Hey Al, I can use another sauber mercedes C9 body in silver. ;)

J-Milz
2010.12.31, 09:06 AM
would u take a trade for good condition ex 1 ur thats the exact radio ive been searching for

Sorry kid. Looking for the cash!!

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 10:14 AM
Al
Nothings open tomorrow I was wondering if you or scott or jeff could open early so it could be an early practice day

ActionRC
2010.12.31, 10:39 AM
Stu - We're opening at 3:00 tomorrow, so you'll have 3 hours of practice before 6:00. You're not "3 hours rusty", are you? :p

Danny - I'll be getting plenty of 599's when they are available. It's going to be a hot one!

Eug - The TT I believe is the original one - no wing.

LET'S GET A BIG TURNOUT TOMORROW!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 10:40 AM
Al at the end of the night i want to have a 3 minute awd shootout with you

SaiTam
2010.12.31, 11:10 AM
No longer Stugotz just Stu or Sam
In Italian Stugotz means stupid
I like St****z's modified signature!

Al I think Stu wants to get his money worth since the Verrazano toll just went up to $13. Can anybody carpool with me to go through NJ so that I only pay Port Authority $2 instead of corrupt MTA $13?

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 11:13 AM
or can we run a third class for fun
Awd Hint Hint im itching to run it twice its friggin awesome thanks to Sai the Man Tam

Slapstick10
2010.12.31, 11:13 AM
Team DKR

As we come upon the new year, I wish every member of DKR a happy and a healthy one. May you tires be gripfull , May your motors be fast and most of all may none of us come in last!

To everyone else I wish you the same except that you finish behind a DKR driver!!!! I believe that the Dream Team Cup will start next week or the week after. I know there will be some changes to the teams. I guess we will talk about it tommorow.

And the last two things.

Friends don't let friends drive for DMS
And all the donut jokes....watch your a$$ or payne racing might issue you a ticket.

Be carefull be safe every one!

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 11:18 AM
amen to that brother

PadrinoNY
2010.12.31, 12:10 PM
Just stopping by to let evryone know Don't Drink & Drive, Just Smoke & Fly. Have fun all if I have the extra money for the bridge I'll probably head out tomorrow if not another day another way.....

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 12:33 PM
cant wait to see the new dkr room in person and pit in it

J-Milz
2010.12.31, 05:13 PM
Happy New Year all! Remember there are triple the amount of drunken A-holes on the wet, snowy streets tonight. All be safe. And remember don't call me drunk from a police station tonight, cause I aint coming to get ya!:D

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 05:28 PM
no one get hurt or at least before tomorrow lols jk
take it safe

Roll call for tomorrow

ActionRC
2010.12.31, 05:35 PM
Anyone coming over the Verrazano tomorrow night will get $5 off of racing tomorrow night - Happy New Year! :D ($5 for driver, $2 for passengers!)

Be safe tonight, everyone. :o

Stu - I accept your AWD challenge - you have no chance! :cool:

PadrinoNY
2010.12.31, 05:37 PM
Well there goes that get out of jail free card for tonight lol.

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 05:45 PM
i dont think so al awd to awd i think I stand a substantial chance

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 06:47 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/Untouchable123_2006/DSC01329.jpg

face of the hactual murderer of little stugotz

Al "Albert" Venditti

Al dont think i forgot this murder

SaiTam
2010.12.31, 09:53 PM
Is it me or anyone else think Al looks like Mario?

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/images/coolest-super-mario-bros-birthday-cake-20-21123605.jpg

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 10:25 PM
i dont get it sai

SaiTam
2010.12.31, 10:38 PM
Al reminds me of Mario. Ignore the greetings on the cake.

Scrapper
2010.12.31, 10:53 PM
geez louise he does oh my gosh

KA2AEV
2010.12.31, 11:57 PM
:d

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! :d

:d

Scrapper
2011.01.01, 08:48 AM
happy new year my buds
Cant wait to race today

EMU
2011.01.01, 08:51 AM
Happy new year... I was asleep before the ball dropped :rolleyes: Time to go to work :(

Scrapper
2011.01.01, 09:26 AM
Best song ever on a random topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REr0ahPII8o

My awd is dialed for today

SaiTam
2011.01.01, 11:48 AM
I am coming today with a 4 ppl car pool. 5th rider maybe doable.

Scrapper
2011.01.01, 11:50 AM
me you sammy and roland? whos the fifth

Slapstick10
2011.01.01, 11:56 AM
Anyone coming over the Verrazano tomorrow night will get $5 off of racing tomorrow night - Happy New Year! :D ($5 for driver, $2 for passengers!)

Be safe tonight, everyone. :o

Stu - I accept your AWD challenge - you have no chance! :cool:

SCOTT LIKE THIS!!!!!! ALOT!!!!!!!!!:D
Another words "we are racing in staten island" does anyone on the other side of either bridge wanna play with us!!!

Is it me or anyone else think Al looks like Mario?

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/images/coolest-super-mario-bros-birthday-cake-20-21123605.jpg

I agree sai yes he does look a lttle like mario!:D

SaiTam
2011.01.01, 12:33 PM
Camera ready for tonight's Stu***tz vs. Al shootout.

Scrapper
2011.01.01, 12:36 PM
oh yeah better make it a 5 min race

Slapstick10
2011.01.02, 12:46 AM
Two strapping young men with a difference of opinion. They have a race.... A race that will echo the halls of action Rc for years to come. The wager... It is unique. One man wants town deli .... Not once not twice but three free orders! The other man... Well he wants a fresh start! He wants a new beginning! He wants to no longer be known as Sammy "Stugottz". If this lad wins he will never be called this at action again.
The race.... All wheel drive shootout... A five minute race. Two drivers one goal! To win!

The winner is ??????
Well you'll just have to see for yourself when Sai post the race!

Al vs Sammy who will win?

hpotter
2011.01.02, 01:08 AM
Great fun tonight. I was extremely pleased with all of my team mates tonight they all ran really good. Dominick has once again shown why he is the team captain and am very proud of him even though he beat me in everything tonight :(:D:D. All of DMS hopes Austin is OK.

SaiTam
2011.01.02, 10:47 AM
St***tz will hate me because my camera ran out of memory and it only recorded 30 seconds of trash talk between Al and Stu before they even started the shootout. Oops! Let's do this shootout a few more times.

PadrinoNY
2011.01.02, 10:55 AM
Austin I hope your ok kiddo. Now for the rant. Just this past Thursday I put a new SP chassis on my car $25 ok figured I get a couple of weeks of use 2 qualifiers at Action couldn't even finish the 2 qualifier I was in cause the car was tweaked from all the HACKING make the main change of body and adjustments run the best I could get home take the body off to clean the car before putting them away the whole front end is cracked another $25 now being spent. Now I don't wanna hear about me hitting the boards a lot cause I have always hit the boards and never had this much damage. I have driven with big sammy for the past 2 years at various tracks and even he noticed we made more contact last night then we have in the past 2 years. I dunno I think driving is more then just going thru your competition you should learn about curteous behavior to the faster driver.

Adam your right I could've flew by you last night but I would've messed up your line leading that's why I didn't fly by you.

Scrapper
2011.01.02, 11:02 AM
St***tz will hate me because my camera ran out of memory and it only recorded 30 seconds of trash talk between Al and Stu before they even started the shootout. Oops! Let's do this shootout a few more times.

its fine at least i have the sheet to prove it

Slapstick10
2011.01.02, 11:39 AM
Austin I hope your ok kiddo. Now for the rant. Just this past Thursday I put a new SP chassis on my car $25 ok figured I get a couple of weeks of use 2 qualifiers at Action couldn't even finish the 2 qualifier I was in cause the car was tweaked from all the HACKING make the main change of body and adjustments run the best I could get home take the body off to clean the car before putting them away the whole front end is cracked another $25 now being spent. Now I don't wanna hear about me hitting the boards a lot cause I have always hit the boards and never had this much damage. I have driven with big sammy for the past 2 years at various tracks and even he noticed we made more contact last night then we have in the past 2 years. I dunno I think driving is more then just going thru your competition you should learn about curteous behavior to the faster driver.

Adam your right I could've flew by you last night but I would've messed up your line leading that's why I didn't fly by you.

TY everyone for your thoughts with Austin.....He's fine! I think his ego is hurt more the anything!!! Thank God for that!

Tough subject Pucho! I don't think there is a driver who has not felt this frustration before. As people come and go in this hobby,as well as get better there is always a period where the new driver seems to drive through the competition instead. Me being one of these people I know how hard it is to grasp the concept of controlled driving and passing. Hell I still make bad decisions....as Al pointed out to me last night! When I see a driver doing this I now will confront the driver about it or mention it before the race. Sought of like ...plant a seed and watch it grow. I can confirm that some times I dont even know I'm doing it. I believe at this point in my RC adventure my goal has changed from being fast to being in complete control of my car.

Also a big concept racers forget is even though we start qualifiers in a race format it means nothing! Qualifiers are to make laps and get the best time for placement in the mains. Sometimes I believe people forget that. Which causes them to push hard for no reason. That is why there are 3 qualifiers.

SaiTam
2011.01.02, 12:12 PM
I'm glad that Austin is not injured.

Back to racing, here is what we can expect to see in a few race videos........a nice looking T-shirt:eek: Please click on my Youtube signature link to see them.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SCR_0023.jpg

Race results:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0772.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0771.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0770.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0769.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0768.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0767.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0766.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0765.jpg

SaiTam
2011.01.02, 12:14 PM
Dr. Kustom's custom Land Cruiser Tamiya/Losi Hybrid crawler is impressive:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0755.jpg

hpotter
2011.01.02, 01:55 PM
HaHa that video was hilarious Sai. Who was that? Two other things I noticed were that we must all really like each other judging by how close we are standing next to each other and poor Dominick looks like hes getting the "Malacchi Crunch" from me and Nat :D. Glad your ok Austin and don't worry that move would be a 10 in any gymnastics event :).

PadrinoNY
2011.01.02, 03:41 PM
I truly believe that what can prevent the more aggressive drivers from running through the car is the start of the qualifiers. Now I am in no position nor am I am demeaning Al's way of running his track but maybe we should try a staggered start just so that everyone can understand that the qualifiers are for running there best lap and time and not to worry what position they came in. Anyway just my 2 ccents BTW fun race night.

Roland & Sai thanks for your tips and coaching to help me be a better driver.
Sammy sorry about the hits last night.

EMU
2011.01.02, 04:15 PM
You will notice that I typically start in the rear for qualify. I like my cars to stay in one piece. I have yet to replace any of my MR03 chassis.

bermbuster
2011.01.02, 04:51 PM
You will notice that I typically start in the rear for qualify. I like my cars to stay in one piece. I have yet to replace any of my MR03 chassis.

Eugene dont jinx yourself......:D

PadrinoNY
2011.01.02, 06:32 PM
Eugene dont jinx yourself......:D

I 2nd that. Eugene I always stay in the back it's just when i get caught on the boards, you ever see those home movie shows where the train always goes thru the truck and doesn't stop? thats what i am talking about especially when your coming from one side of the straight and I am 22ft away in the other end. WHAT HAPPEN YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT WHITE AND FLOURESCENT GREEN CAR?:D

knightrider
2011.01.02, 07:21 PM
I'm glad that Austin is not injured.

Back to racing, here is what we can expect to see in a few race videos........a nice looking T-shirt:eek: Please click on my Youtube signature link to see them.

Sai what happened to the B Main Narrow?! :eek: my first narrow main win :(

SaiTam
2011.01.02, 08:35 PM
here: B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHh45W4ChU). It was uploaded early this morning.

knightrider
2011.01.02, 08:54 PM
Sai, it doesn't seem to be public

SaiTam
2011.01.02, 09:02 PM
Try again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KHh45W4ChU

Rob B
2011.01.02, 11:08 PM
im starting to go thru withdrawls.... i need to race and stop playing with snow:(

SaiTam
2011.01.02, 11:29 PM
The snow is over. Use the extra income to buy another hop-up and come race.

Slapstick10
2011.01.03, 09:56 AM
im starting to go thru withdrawls.... i need to race and stop playing with snow:(

Believe me my brother you are missed! :D

CDR racing
2011.01.03, 03:48 PM

You need to stop playing with the snow and start picking up my garbage. It Stinks!;)

J-Milz
2011.01.03, 05:16 PM
You need to stop playing with the snow and start picking up my garbage. It Stinks!;)

Not cool Crop!

CDR racing
2011.01.03, 06:22 PM
Not cool Crop!

LOL...Just kiddin around...thanks for the gift btw Rob! finally picked it up lol

PadrinoNY
2011.01.03, 10:07 PM
My Davey G special edition 430 all PN Racing 80t stock assasin.....

Sai look Atomic S 1.5 degree rears & 1 degree fronts on a 430.... NICE ;)

KA2AEV
2011.01.04, 11:10 AM
LOL...Just kiddin around...thanks for the gift btw Rob! finally picked it up lol

Crop yours got picked up?
That stinks
Im two blocks away from you and we still haven't seen a truck since before Christmas!

KA2AEV
2011.01.04, 11:12 AM
My Davey G special edition 430 all PN Racing 80t stock assasin.....

Sai look Atomic S 1.5 degree rears & 1 degree fronts on a 430.... NICE ;)

Pucho that car would look sick with Chromed out wheels!

ActionRC
2011.01.04, 11:24 AM
Ugh - Stu, I mean, Sam, beat me fair and square. I knew my car was not the easiest to drive, which would help us be a little more even, but I never thought it would actually be that close. He gets around the track pretty well with his AWD, I have to admit. I honestly did not let him win, and look how close that race was. I had a good time, and hope to have another chance against him soon. It's hard to give up or stop using a long-standing nickname - imagine if we had to call Crop by his real name? Most of you don't even know it! :D Stugotz is such a great nickname! (Thanks for posting the funny pic, Stu!)

I hear ya, Pucho. It stinks when you look forward to a good race to get taken out in the first lap - especially when you had the lead. ;) Thankfully, the Mini-Z is a tough car, and they generally run a long time without problem. Every once in a while you'll get that bad hit, and it stinks when it happens.

As far as staggered vs. normal starts, the staggered start is the more accurate way to qualify. It is a truer measure of what you are actually capable of, and in a big event, where there is alot on the line, like for pro drivers, I agree 100%. However, for a Friday night local club race, there's one problem with staggered starts - they are BORING! Normal starts at least give us four exciting races instead of one. Again, imagine if you had 3 hum-drum qualifiers where you're just making laps, and then you make the main and get taken out in the first lap - then you didn't even have one fun race. That's why I like normal starts for Action RC. Plus, if you race someone 3 times before the main, you know what might happen from experience on the first lap, and you can plan for it for the main without an unexpected surprise. (Sounds like this might have been your situation, if I am reading between the lines correctly.)

Mario??? I don't look like Mario! Johnathan Knight from New Kids on the Block - maybe. Tony Stewart? Maybe. Fred Savage when we were 14? Absolutely. But Mario? What!?

Points will be updated shortly. Started yesterday, but ran out of time. Fun practice last night - and nice turnout. I LOVE the new layout!!! See everyone tomorrow!

SaiTam
2011.01.04, 11:45 AM
No offense Al. you look like Mario Andretti today. Your expression in that pic / Red shirt and being Italian just reminded me of Mario the Nintendo character.

rajiex
2011.01.04, 12:53 PM
Mario??? I don't look like Mario!

Al, you do look like Mario. I am just trying to figure out who is Luigi?? LOL

I like practice nights, gotplenty of laps in with all my cars.. Finally got the 94mm to run okay.Now the narrow needs to be worked on. I need more
practice since most drivers say my cars run nice.. Just have to work on maintaining attention to my car and to cut the infield better.. I think I start to worry too much in the qualifiers and racer..Or a new radio.

Tony - Everyday you are getting better and better. I hate you but I like Roscoe.
Nat - U wanna trade radios?
Paul - U have become the new thorn (Greg) in my side. Wait till you get the Stock BB, you will love that motor. Hey are you also starting a father/son team.
Scott - What can I say? Stop rebuilding and just drive. I like the hat and wore it even though I hate hats. Were your trying to quit smoking since u kept the cigs in the car all the time?

Number1
2011.01.04, 01:08 PM
Finally, videos from 01/01/2011, from another angle:

Stock A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFOnkA9Yug
Stock B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbkyL_6ssEU
Narrow A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5v-NXxCPAo
Narrow B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVorP8SMNSA

ActionRC
2011.01.04, 01:11 PM
I don't see it at all... (Mario Andretti I could deal with.)
http://www.geekologie.com/2008/03/yikes_what_a_human_mario_would.php

Raj - Your Corvette felt great, and the radio handles it perfectly fine. Just drive! I did faster laps with your car than I did with my own. :mad:

mleemor60
2011.01.04, 01:47 PM
I understand that my friend sam did pretty well recently at one of the events. Anybody have written results that I can look over. It might be time to give the kid a little respect. Especually if he's earned it. I am trying to come up with a new nickname for him that fits both him and Action.

SaiTam
2011.01.04, 02:32 PM
I had posted this several pages before:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/SAM_0765.jpg

New nickname, how about:

Stu The Champion (Stolen from Sai The Champion)

Stu-Guts

Studitti

Luigi?

Slapstick10
2011.01.04, 02:34 PM
I understand that my friend sam did pretty well recently at one of the events. Anybody have written results that I can look over. It might be time to give the kid a little respect. Especually if he's earned it. I am trying to come up with a new nickname for him that fits both him and Action.

Sammy deserves the respect. He won fair and square. I agree with him that he has out grown the name.

How about Sammy "The Bull" Gottz. When you mess with the bull you get the horns!!!!!!

PadrinoNY
2011.01.04, 02:35 PM
How about " Sammy the Bull"?

He got the cheeks to run the profile... I am just saying think about it!!!!

Hey Mlee whats up? check your pm's.....

knightrider
2011.01.04, 02:47 PM
So I decided to do something about all the complaints of people saying they can't see my car on the track. Soon you Will be able to see me coming for sure or watchin the gap grow between us as I gun for Dom and Scott. and ooooo look, I've been posting since last year :cool:

SaiTam
2011.01.04, 05:54 PM
It would've been nice if RCP were Grey. Cars / parts are much easier to see; most people don't paint their car Grey anyway.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/atomic/atmry1.jpg

Fifty7
2011.01.04, 07:52 PM
Who's got a PS3 name I can add as a friend and setup some races

EMU
2011.01.04, 08:22 PM
My brother does... although, I/we dont play GT5 much. I prefer Forza III... I thought about getting my own PS3 just to play GT5... but its still up in the air. If my bro chips in, so he can have a quiet PS3 to watch movies, I still may do it. (My bro is my room-mate, so we would have 2x PS3 and 2x Xbox 360 in the house/studio for multiplayer use).

Fifty7
2011.01.04, 08:31 PM
My brother does... although, I/we dont play GT5 much. I prefer Forza III... I thought about getting my own PS3 just to play GT5... but its still up in the air. If my bro chips in, so he can have a quiet PS3 to watch movies, I still may do it. (My bro is my room-mate, so we would have 2x PS3 and 2x Xbox 360 in the house/studio for multiplayer use).

Really dont like GT5 - Having a ball with Need or Speed though:D

sjm324
2011.01.05, 11:41 AM
Ok my local gaming gurus
what system should i get ps3 or xbox, who has what, i am getting bored with tv during the week, i need something else to do when i am not racing, going to sporting events, working, laundry, taking care of kids :))...give me some input

rajiex
2011.01.05, 12:11 PM
Ok my local gaming gurus
what system should i get ps3 or xbox, who has what, i am getting bored with tv during the week, i need something else to do when i am not racing, going to sporting events, working, laundry, taking care of kids :))...give me some input

Like me, you have plenty of time in your schedule according to the wifey.
PS3 online is free, XBOX u have to buy membership. I have both but play online with XBOX. I use te PS3 as a blue ray player and for some limited games. My opinion is XBOX but a lot of guys on the track use PS3.

PadrinoNY
2011.01.05, 12:25 PM
Both systems are great But Adam if you already have a Blu Ray player at home don't get the PS3 unless you like exclusive titles like GT5. The Xbox is a great online playing system but yes you pay to be on it thats what makes it far more superior to the PS3. The PS3 is the better home entertainment system though.

EMU
2011.01.05, 01:37 PM
Xbox is easier to code the games than the PS3 is. This makes the titles a little more polished with less work. GT5 is a huge letdown for me, it looks like its 3-5 years outdated, and it just came out. The videos and replays make it look amazing, but actual in game, Im let down.

Online performance, Xbox is a little superior. But most new titles have adopted the hopper system for their multiplatform games, so you really get the same interface for the PS3 and Xbox for most of the big games (Call of Duty being one of the lines). In general I prefer the Xbox controller to the PS3. Primarily for the trigger feel and usage. PS3 triggers feel like buttons, not analog triggers. For driving/racing, I really like Forza, but lack of a good midrange wheel makes it difficult to get setup for cheap. The Fanatec Porsche Turbo-S wheel was made in very limited quantities, and is the only other real option besides the M$ wheel, which isnt good, but can be modified a little to make it better (bearing instead of bushing).

I have my Xbox hooked up to a 23" computer monitor 1080p HDMI. The feel is close to playing a PC, with an Xbox controller. I want KB/mouse, but that will come in time.

Slapstick10
2011.01.05, 02:11 PM
Xbox is easier to code the games than the PS3 is. This makes the titles a little more polished with less work. GT5 is a huge letdown for me, it looks like its 3-5 years outdated, and it just came out. The videos and replays make it look amazing, but actual in game, Im let down.

Online performance, Xbox is a little superior. But most new titles have adopted the hopper system for their multiplatform games, so you really get the same interface for the PS3 and Xbox for most of the big games (Call of Duty being one of the lines). In general I prefer the Xbox controller to the PS3. Primarily for the trigger feel and usage. PS3 triggers feel like buttons, not analog triggers. For driving/racing, I really like Forza, but lack of a good midrange wheel makes it difficult to get setup for cheap. The Fanatec Porsche Turbo-S wheel was made in very limited quantities, and is the only other real option besides the M$ wheel, which isnt good, but can be modified a little to make it better (bearing instead of bushing).

I have my Xbox hooked up to a 23" computer monitor 1080p HDMI. The feel is close to playing a PC, with an Xbox controller. I want KB/mouse, but that will come in time.

I swore that I wasn't gonna have to many opinons for the start of the new year. But.......Eugen struck a nerve. Xbox cant even come close to PS3 in any aspect. The graphics on xbox are primative. If you put two tv's side by side there is no comparison....PS3 will crush xbox. Xbox is a system that was made for rpg games and no other. PS3 and EA have revolutionized the industry for sports since the early 90's. And compare contollers.....PS3 - small,pettite and managable. XBOX - bulky,akward and delays. Not to mention you have to pay for online at xbox and you dont for ps3. I am a hard core gamer , I play COD Black ops and MW2 on both systems. With an average KDR of 8:1. In this gamers opionion xbox not even close!! I bought GT2 for my son jason and he was disappointed with it as well. In conclusion for all Point and shoot and sports game PS3 gets my vote!
I am always online
theheadhunter69 on ps3 and xbox....DKR slogan applies...Come Get some!!!

GREGDGR81
2011.01.05, 02:25 PM
I have on thing to say about the Xbox 360 RRD=Red Ring of Death. I had three of them, I still have one but to play it I have to put three fans in front of it so it dosen't die but after 20 mins it freezes anyways. Now they came out with a new slimmer version but you can't change the hard drive so you have to spend $300 for the 160gb one. I still have my PS3 for two years with no problems. Ps I love GT5 I think it's better than Forza 3.

Slapstick10
2011.01.05, 02:38 PM
Greg I so agree Ive had a bunch of them also!

I don't know if anyone has been to the DKR website but the event page has been updated. Brooklyn Hobbies is having a trophy race on January 22, 2011
If any DKR members can make it we are going!!!!!

knightrider
2011.01.05, 02:55 PM
who goe's to Maj's and when? just found out it's 4 mins from my job, just like Action is from my house :D

I definitely can not start going a lot, but would like to check it out

ActionRC
2011.01.05, 03:27 PM
As excited as I was for GT5, I think I like Forza on the XBox better so far. I have to play around with GT5 a little more though, since we just got it for Christmas. I actually like the XBox controller better. I never play online, and only play racing games. The only non-computer competition I have is Justin, and he beats me most of the time now. My opinion is the most meaningless on this topic. Hey, wait, that seems to be true in MOST topics on this thread! :rolleyes:

Adam: i need something else to do when i am not ... laundry, taking care of kids
Al: Sound slike you need a second wife or a maid more than you need a gaming system! ;)

Sai - The first track (the wood one) was originally painted black because roads are black. I hated it, and it darkened the room. I then painted it grey and it looked beautiful - especially with green "grass". The cars were easy to see, and the room was bright. I agree - RCP should be grey!

Scott - I Like your new title. If you're mayor, what am I?

Stu - I like Studitti! (Pronounced Stoo-ditti.) How about BotzGotz? (Italians know "botz"!)

See everyone in a few!

Kevin S.
2011.01.05, 03:32 PM
It looks like I might actually be getting out of work on time tonight....I can't wait to race...See everyone later!

Slapstick10
2011.01.05, 03:45 PM
As excited as I was for GT5, I think I like Forza on the XBox better so far. I have to play around with GT5 a little more though, since we just got it for Christmas. I actually like the XBox controller better. I never play online, and only play racing games. The only non-computer competition I have is Justin, and he beats me most of the time now. My opinion is the most meaningless on this topic. Hey, wait, that seems to be true in MOST topics on this thread! :rolleyes:

Adam: i need something else to do when i am not ... laundry, taking care of kids
Al: Sound slike you need a second wife or a maid more than you need a gaming system! ;)

Sai - The first track (the wood one) was originally painted black because roads are black. I hated it, and it darkened the room. I then painted it grey and it looked beautiful - especially with green "grass". The cars were easy to see, and the room was bright. I agree - RCP should be grey!

Scott - I Like your new title. If you're mayor, what am I?

Stu - I like Studitti! (Pronounced Stoo-ditti.) How about BotzGotz? (Italians know "botz"!)

See everyone in a few!

Al I would love to say your Federal Gov't....Owner! No matter what we do we always get screwed by the gov't! Because no matter what anyone says you have the last word! Your a Fed!!!!!:D I will be racing tonight but have a Corvette meeting so I'll be a little late!;)

I still like Sammy the Bull Gottz!

KA2AEV
2011.01.05, 03:54 PM
Greg I so agree Ive had a bunch of them also!

I don't know if anyone has been to the DKR website but the event page has been updated. Brooklyn Hobbies is having a trophy race on January 22, 2011
If any DKR members can make it we are going!!!!!

Hey Question
I thought that January 22nd was that track thing over in Jersey? :confused:

ShortBus
2011.01.05, 04:09 PM
Stu will always be the "Stugotz" :)

hpotter
2011.01.05, 04:43 PM
I have to say I agree with Scott, PS3 is better than XBOX. Forget about quality of systems theres no comparison (RROD). Graphics are better on the PS3, you just need the right equipment. As far as value per dollar the PS3 can not be beat. Emu is correct in saying that the XBOX is easier to code for but that in itself is its downfall because all the devs use existing computer engines to run their games, so you end up with a pluffer of games that are basically lesser quality PC games that all play the same with different skins (graphics), nothing new just prettier. Once developers hit this wall they eventually learn how to program for the PS3 and the results can not be equalled, it was the same for the PS2 and all previous iterations. Yes I'm one of those people that blame devs (being lazy) for crap games not the consoles. I can't say much about GT5 as I haven't started playing it yet but from past versions of the game I have found out that you have to invest time into it before you really get all the game has to offer. My biggest beef with console gaming in general is this crap they call DLC and game updates ala "fixes", to me this just lets devs release incomplete and bug ridden games that the public pays full price for and when you complain about they issue a "fix" that breaks other things or makes it worse. How about you make a complete game that is programmed correctly and optimised for each system respectively and stop complaining about how hard it is. Whats really missing for the gamer is cross platform gaming, that would be the defining factor because there would be no more I can only play this game online with XBOX or PS3.

ActionRC
2011.01.05, 04:57 PM
Stu will always be the "Stugotz" :)

I agree, whether I won the race or lost, it will be a tough name to shake.

Short Bus Racing team!? So you're not as independent as you say! Excellent! We needed another Div 1 Driver!

Action RC "House" Teams
Hackstreet Boys: Crop, Al, Golddust
Shortbus Racing: Jeff, ___?,Mike Sam

Hmmm....

Al

ShortBus
2011.01.05, 05:17 PM
oops, forgot to change my signature !!

Fifty7
2011.01.05, 06:34 PM
I love my PS3 (on my 1080P 52" what else...Sony) but cant bash the Xbox because i have no experience with it but just got my son one for Christmas. I mostly like adventure games and shooters. I think it's funny how MOST (not all) Xbox guys totally bash the PS. They get so heated and dramatic (like Yankee fans). Assassins Creed, Metal Gear and Drakes Fortune are good series'. I've never seen a game look as good as Assassins Creed. The picture is unbelievable. I dont play online a lot but lately have been racing online w/ need for speed, it's a lot of fun. Scott, next time i get on i'll add your name. It will be from Fifty7.

bermbuster
2011.01.05, 08:05 PM
I say buy them both....and they need a big screen...
I got the PS3 w a 52 bravia" as a bundle deal at Costco.
The x box I had to also buy the wireless antenna it is built in on the PS3.
I dont play myself I got them for my son. He spends most of his game time on the x box...

EMU
2011.01.05, 08:26 PM
Tom, architecturally speaking, the Xbox is a better core. It may only be a 3-core instead of 9-core like the PS3. Each of the three cores in the Xbox is fully capable core of handling heavy load, where the sub cores in the PS3 are only capable of handling small tasks delegated by the main core. On paper the PS3 core looks better, but in the real world, I feel that it is inferior. If I am biased towards anything, it will be PC. Otherwise, I feel that the Xbox and the PS3 have their strengths and weaknesses. I just wish they could all play together in the same yard (online).

The fact of the matter is that all cross platform games are essentially the same nowadays. There is very little difference besides making compatability adjustments to the system it will be on. Most cross platform games are inferior to what they would be if the developers designed them for the best platform, PC, and left the others out. The fact of the matter is that the PC gaming market is probably in the 10% range, if that. While PC continues development, consoles prevent it as the hardware is updated every 5-10 years.

In general developers have to dumb down the graphics of the PC games when they cross platform. I dont care too much for graphics, I care more for gameplay than feel, but I feel that most cross platform games dont focus enough on that either. They just want the game to look good, and make their money.

Without PC development, Xbox and PS3 games would take longer to come out, and wouldnt look or play as well. In general, PC gamers are more of a community, and contribute a lot more into the gaming community than console gamers, who are usually solely end users; consumers.

As far as screen size, the size of my pixels are much finer, and easy to the eye upclose. The screen refresh rate is also much higher. My brother has a 46" Panasonic LED TV, and my image quality is far superior to his when we play the same games. He has to put 'game mode' on to reduce the latency, otherwise there is a 1/2 second lag between input and output on the screen. I love my screen size, and since I use headphones, I dont disturb anyone.

hpotter
2011.01.05, 09:31 PM
I'm not arguing about which machine has better specs because that can go back and forth for ages, each machine does what it does but in very different ways (compared to a gaming pc they're both crap). Now the difference lies in the fact that the XBOX is programmed very similar to the PC (Microsoft, Duh), that may be good to get games and apps out quickly but its the same stuff and it gets stale very quickly. PS3 on the other hand is totally different to program therefore requires learning, thats why first gen games in all honesty suck. You are also correct in that a game will always be better on the platform it was designed for. The fact is as time goes by we are going to see a seperation as to what the PS3 can do compared to the XBOX once the devs remove their heads from their arses and comitt themselves to learning the PS3, don't get me wrong a lot of this is Sony's fault because its a known fact that their SDK's are crap and aren't to keen on training third party devs to program for their machine, go figure. This is all just my opinion but for me I have yet to play a game on the 360 that doesn't feel like a regular XBOX game, keep in mind I rarely play XBOX. Something else to consider is what has occured in the PS3 scene, who knows what this could do to the PS3, PSP2 and even the PS4 if there is one??

What I meant about quality and having the right equipment is you may not like Sony for being more expensive and proprietary but the fact is I have everything Sony and anyone who has seen and heard my systems all agree that it is leaps and bounds over their setups (including XBOX fanboys) regardless of money spent. Sony's equipment is designed to work with Sony's equipment and in my opinion does it better than any other manufacturer out there (yes I've tried different systems). I've seriously had friends tell me they had a better experience watching on my stuff than IMAX with THQ.

sjm324
2011.01.05, 10:53 PM
Thanx for all the input guys, I love the forums always makes for good entertainment...I knew EMU and POTTER would have great opinions on this topic...I think PS3 would be a good option for me because I dont have a blu ray player...hope to see everyone friday night.

ShortBus
2011.01.05, 11:21 PM
Al, the problem I have with this team concept is simple. There shouldn't be two "mega" teams and then a few fill-in ones for the few guys left over. I would rather see multiple rivalries opposed to just two DKR vs DMS.

BTW: I keep having nightmare's of Scott or as he is now calling himself “Mayor McCheese” breaking out in dance thinking he's got the lead in some off Broadway version of West Side Story :)

hpotter
2011.01.05, 11:37 PM
Al, the problem I have with this team concept is simple. There shouldn't be two "mega" teams and then a few fill-in ones for the few guys left over. I would rather see multiple rivalries opposed to just two DKR vs DMS.

BTW: I keep having nightmare's of Scott or as he is now calling himself “Mayor McCheese” breaking out in dance thinking he's got the lead in some off Broadway version of West Side Story :)

There are no Mega Teams though, there may be more than three people under one umbrella name but they are seperate A, B, C teams. In fact it can be viewed as a detrement because we're all fighting for the higher points. DMS ROCKS BABY.

bermbuster
2011.01.05, 11:44 PM

It all comes down to if your a Shark or a Jet.......:D

ShortBus
2011.01.05, 11:44 PM
there are still two teams, doesn't matter if there are multiple sub-teams.

hpotter
2011.01.05, 11:50 PM
there are still two teams, doesn't matter if there are multiple sub-teams.

It's still just a name--Dominick, Joe and myself still have to compete against Nat, Marty and Greg just as hard as we would any other team. We cant mix and match team members to get the most points the teams are set.

hpotter
2011.01.05, 11:53 PM
let the finger clicking begin !!

Be very careful my friend you do know there are pictures of you on the web that I can have a lot of fun with :D:D:D.

ShortBus
2011.01.05, 11:56 PM
potter - check your pm's

ShortBus
2011.01.06, 12:10 AM
where did you go?????