PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Slapstick10
2011.01.20, 12:24 PM
Sai- I hope that everthing is ok.

Al- wish I was openning the track saturday so I could sabatoge your car . I feel my upper hand on the B Main slipping away....very quickly by the way!:p

I love the laughter and crack ups when I play the DKR entrance theme....it is.....how would you say.........Priceless!!!!!!:D

Marty- Hurry to the track......victory lane is falling again!!! lol that was too funny. I must say marty's devotion to not let DKR take a picture of the crumbling empire was priceless! He did succeed ....I was not able to get a picture.....Damn IPhone:D Even after getting manhandled by richie!!

Now I must get back to work.....well plot the distruction of the DMS empire.....HaHaHaHaHa...that was a sinister laugh by the way!:D

Fifty7
2011.01.20, 12:50 PM
Marty - I am so glad you found this article! I heard this news on Sirius the other day, and my jaw dropped. About one month ago, I called Sirius Morning Drive and had a very lengthy conversation with them about Action RC and it's points system, and how much simpler it is than Nascar's. I told them that even after all these years, I find the points system confusing, and fully explained our system. I was on air for about 10 minutes. (The average phone call on that show is 1-2 minutes.) They asked questions, I gave answers, and explained how after 8 weeks we typically go into the last week knowing who has to beat who by how many positions, which is much easier to understand than Nascar's system. One month later, and look at the news! Coincidence? I don't think so! 2010 was the closest Chase ever, so it's not like the competiton system needed a lift, and the scenerios they have described, like eliminations, have nothing to do with following points. I had never heard anyone complain about the actual points tallies, so I did feel somewhat responsible for this news when I heard it two days ago! On air, they gave me a full explanation of the points, and that was while they were reading the rule book because even the hosts didn't know all of the numbers for each position. News article for Speed: "Staten Island RC Car Track Responsible for NASCAR Points Change". Hopefully, it will be for the best, but I can't help but think that it will.

By the way, Speed is streaming live practice today! Yes, I am watching it right now! http://stream.speedtv.com/nascar

Excellent racing last night! I am so glad my car is back on track. A few more tweaks, and I'll get out of this slump! Cleaning a diff works wonders!

I remember you telling us about that call

Sai- I hope that everthing is ok.

Marty- Hurry to the track......victory lane is falling again!!! lol that was too funny. I must say marty's devotion to not let DKR take a picture of the crumbling empire was priceless! He did succeed ....I was not able to get a picture.....Damn IPhone:D Even after getting manhandled by richie!!

Now I must get back to work.....well plot the distruction of the DMS empire.....HaHaHaHaHa...that was a sinister laugh by the way!:D

I have no recollection of the incident you speak of or of any "falling" sign :p

ActionRC
2011.01.20, 01:52 PM
My eyes are tearing and the hair on my arms in on end watching cars circling Daytona all day today! The Speed streaming is commercial free and flawless. Tony is 5th fastest! Truex is 1st, Gordon 8th, Paisano Logano 10th. Gibbs is running fully painted cars. Logano went to all orange, which is not as cool as his last car, but Hamlin got some color added to the car, and it looks much better than last year.

knightrider
2011.01.20, 04:52 PM
Does anyone have a 2.4 board I could borrow for tomorrow nights race? Al will have one for me next week so its just for 30 minutes of use

Thanks,
-A

CDR racing
2011.01.20, 08:19 PM
My eyes are tearing and the hair on my arms in on end watching cars circling Daytona all day today! The Speed streaming is commercial free and flawless. Tony is 5th fastest! Truex is 1st, Gordon 8th, Paisano Logano 10th. Gibbs is running fully painted cars. Logano went to all orange, which is not as cool as his last car, but Hamlin got some color added to the car, and it looks much better than last year.

Dale Jr. back at Daytona, his best track, with a new team, new crew chief, new equipment, and a new attitude...I hope the changes work as well as they did last...oh wait no nevermind. :(

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 09:16 AM
Well as we come upon the third week in the team point series. I think I've made it as fair as I can make it. Now its up to the drivers. Don't be surprised if its a B or C driver that is the strong racer on the team.

I show the last week of the Dream Team Cup is March 3, 2011. We will have a victory party on March 11, 2011. To honor the First teams win. I will have the teams name engraved on the cup. The 3 team drivers of the winning team will receive individual trophy's staking their claim as winners of the series.

There will also be 2 special awards given,

MVR- Most Valuable Racer

MIR- Most Improved Racer

These awards will be determained by a team capt vote. On the points sheet is why you will see bump ups, qualified out of division and absent. Just to make things a little easier for voting.

SPECIAL THANKS

GF Racing - Is donating the 2 special award to the series. George loves the idea of team points.

Payne Racing - Jamil has also donated a 6 foot hero to the winners party on March 11, 2011

Thank you guy's this is the stuff great racing is made out of!!!!:D

DREAM KILLR USA
2011.01.21, 09:33 AM
Tamiya TCS race #2 at RC Madness in Enfield , CT

So far we have 3 racers from DKR and 2 from DMS going to represent. Its going to a tough weekend. It will start Friday night at Action for our weekly dose of Team Points. Then on to practice racing at RC Madness in CT(Saturday). The Qualifiers and Race on Sunday.

Drivers: Rob B,Austin ,Scott,Tom and the Dominator!
2-A Main , 2-B Main and a C.........nice we got a shot!

Also for any driver that is not coming

Brooklyn Hobbies is having a Trophy Race
Classes : 2wd Mod , Awd , Lexan Pancar Mod
Practice is 9-12
Qualifiers start at 12 noon

If any DKR drivers are available it would be great if you could go and represent.

If you have any questions please pm me!:D

Scrapper
2011.01.21, 10:14 AM
onlY running the awd tomorrow
BUT WHAT MOTOR IS THE LIMIT IN AWD

minittrackmann
2011.01.21, 10:29 AM
Any significant snow up there from last nights storm?

See everyone around 3!

ActionRC
2011.01.21, 10:30 AM
Exciting stuff for the Team Cup! Thanks to everyone for helping to fuel the excitment!

Cody - Snow was no big deal, so racing will go on as scheduled tonight. Many of you will be there before I do, so please be careful on the snow until I can clear it when I get there. I'd wait til around 6 though - that's when Jeff opens.

Stugo... um, Scrapper - If running wide, you can run any of the normal bodies and motors for Wide Stock. If running narrow, you can run a box stock, 80T, 70T, or Kyosho X-Speed. Glad to see you're coming tonight!

Crop - Dale Jr wasn't bad yesterday, but Daytona testing is a useless measure because you have solo runs and drafting runs - and it's experimental. It will all come down to how well you can drive in a large pack because the grip is so good on the new pavement, and honestly, Dale Jr is one of the best at "the pack." He has a great shot.

Scrapper
2011.01.21, 10:53 AM
Al i wont be able to make it tonight i was referring to scotts post about the awd on saturday

I wish i could make it tonight

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 01:48 PM
Al i wont be able to make it tonight i was referring to scotts post about the awd on saturday

I wish i could make it tonight

Scrapper dapper doo! I think it open motor. Bk hobbies doesn't really limit like that !

DREAM KILLR USA
2011.01.21, 02:04 PM
March 6, 2011Race # 161
Hobby Town USA , The Colliseum
919C East Street
Frederick , MD 21701
1-301-694-7395

July 24th, 2011Race #166
Hobby Town USA
6714 Ritchie Hwy # D
Glen Burnie , MD 21061
1-410-590-4950
This race is depending on the beach schedule!

minittrackmann
2011.01.21, 02:31 PM
Phil??? You going tonight

J-Milz
2011.01.21, 04:21 PM
I was lookin through the post to find the origin of the name "Scrapper". Can't find it.....:confused: Can anyone elaborate? Where is Stuey?? I know there was a race between him an Al, but what's with the name?

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 04:24 PM
One or the members has brought up a concern about posting events that we are planning to go should be posted on our own thread as to not take away from a specific thread. I agree!!

I have made a thread for this such reason. Dream killr racing of ny/nj/ct
please subscribe to it so you will be able to get updates!

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 04:57 PM
I was lookin through the post to find the origin of the name "Scrapper". Can't find it.....:confused: Can anyone elaborate? Where is Stuey?? I know there was a race between him an Al, but what's with the name?

Thats so easy to explain!!!!! There was a race. If Sam won he would no longer be called Stu****. If Al won he would get towne deli for like 4 weeks. Al lost sam won and thats all folks!!!!!

Slapstick10
2011.01.21, 04:59 PM
Oh and by the way Al is selling a piece of history, An original Stugottz shirt for like $500. Its worth more and more everyday!

KA2AEV
2011.01.21, 05:15 PM
One or the members has brought up a concern about posting events that we are planning to go should be posted on our own thread as to not take away from a specific thread. I agree!!

I have made a thread for this such reason. Dream killr racing of ny/nj/ct
please subscribe to it so you will be able to get updates!

Scott how do you subscribe?

J-Milz
2011.01.21, 06:27 PM
Thats so easy to explain!!!!! There was a race. If Sam won he would no longer be called Stu****. If Al won he would get towne deli for like 4 weeks. Al lost sam won and thats all folks!!!!!

I understand that part.....The scrapper part im having difficulties with.

J-Milz
2011.01.21, 06:28 PM
Scott how do you subscribe?

REALLY???:eek:

Scrapper
2011.01.21, 06:30 PM
Mleemor60 gave me a good idea for a name

Fifty7
2011.01.21, 06:43 PM
I understand that part.....The scrapper part im having difficulties with.

He picked out his own new nickname

Scrapper
2011.01.21, 06:52 PM
actually i picked it from suggestions because unnamed people requested to the mods they change my forum name lol

Im happy

Slapstick10
2011.01.22, 08:23 AM
OMG...... DMS sweeps the mains!!!! What the hell happened! I'm going away with the team that kicked my A$$ last nite. We might have done better for points but for show n tell they got the bling!!!!! Good job guys!

Fifty7
2011.01.22, 09:17 AM
OMG...... DMS sweeps the mains!!!! What the hell happened! I'm going away with the team that kicked my A$$ last nite. We might have done better for points but for show n tell they got the bling!!!!! Good job guys!

Good job. Wish I was there to join in.

ActionRC
2011.01.22, 06:27 PM
PS - Hackstreet Boys finished 2nd in all mains! Silence from the orange room!

Fun racing last night. I completely changed the layout for this week again, and I think you will all really like it!

FYI, Shafiq was in a car accident (a real car accident) on the way to the track last Friday. He is okay, but hurt his back and neck a bit.

Shafiq :( : I was rear-ended by a guy who thought he had his foot on the brake but he was on the gas. He accelerated at full throttle into and under my car. I have some neck and back issues.

Al :rolleyes: : Wow. Hitting the gas when you should be hitting the brake? He sounds like a perfect Mini-Z driver!

Hahaha!

Slapstick10
2011.01.23, 07:42 AM
Hackbert stop that! No silence just concentration. DKR had a good night for points. In my mind Cha-Ching ..... Take it to the bank.. Lol

I hope shafiq is feeling better, I hope it wasn't to serious.

See you guys when I get back.

knightrider
2011.01.23, 09:06 AM
Ŕl, as long as you didn't change direction :eek: I should be ok jumping in the next friday night event

Shafiq, may the force be with you

ActionRC
2011.01.24, 09:27 AM
Points will be updated later today for Wednesday and Friday. I can't wait to see some racing laps on the new layout. I like this one!

I also can't wait to hear how Scott, Austin, Dominick, Joe, and Tom did in Connecticut this weekend! Hope you guys represented!

Scrapper
2011.01.24, 09:30 AM
Al when are winternats

ShortBus
2011.01.24, 10:21 AM
How did Tom, Dom, and Joe fair this weekend? Sounds like it was cold up there !!

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 10:49 AM
I think we had a great weekend. It was alot of fun. I think everone did ok except for Austin and Tom. Austin hitthe wall at the end of the straightaway and destroyed the front of the car. Even with experienced RC guys trying to fix it it was done. Toms car is just slow I dont know why but he has changed every part except the esc. I'm having a hard time adjusting to carpet especially with traction compound and temp was a huge factor.

I really need to know the date of the winter nationals.

EMU
2011.01.24, 12:05 PM
Scott, what ESC was Tom using, and what did Rob use? That could have been a big factor. I assume that Toms ESC was good, but possibly was a little dated compared to the newest ones on the market. What cells did everyone use?

Sorry to hear that Austin DNF'd. Thats one of the worst feelings. I would rather finish last than DNF.

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 12:15 PM
Scott, what ESC was Tom using, and what did Rob use? That could have been a big factor. I assume that Toms ESC was good, but possibly was a little dated compared to the newest ones on the market. What cells did everyone use?

Sorry to hear that Austin DNF'd. Thats one of the worst feelings. I would rather finish last than DNF.

It was a stock Tamiya Esc that comes with the kit. He mentioned he wanted to get a Tekin RS but it doesn't make sence to do that. Its a spec class and you not allowed to use boost or timing advance. So I gave him a Tamiya stock that I had from Austins car. Austin has a Tekin RS and it made no difference in speed, for Tom to buy it for this class is a waste of money. Tom was running Lipo's as we all were and. Its the esc for sure.

How Shafiq doing? Is he ok? Cars can be fixed its humans that are harder to fix!

hpotter
2011.01.24, 12:24 PM
Dominick finished second in the B, losing only to John Brown, Scott was third and I was fourth (my car was literally half the speed of everyone else :eek:), and Joe made the B but not sure what position he finished. Temperature and repairs were a huge factor, Scott was having problems with his TT01 and having traction problems with his Mini. There were problems with Dominicks car that I didn't figure out until the mains (stupid automatically programmed esc issue) but he performed very well in the main. Joe did really well considering it was his first time running, and like it was said before Austin broke and the best RC minds couldn't get it running in time and I was just TOO SLOW!! I'm pretty sure Rob won the A in one class and 2nd in another. I did take the win in the concourse though :). It was fun being with the guys again racing but the temperature was really horrible. I think once a few mechanical issues are taken care of we can become viable opponents in any race. EMU I'm running the tamiya ESC that came with the M05 Pro build kit, My motors dynoed out to so some of the best John Brown saw and Brand new 3000 and 4000 batteries. Its not just top speed though I have absolutely no torque whatsoever, I think I'm going to rebuild the diff for the third time and try to swap out the ESC.

EMU
2011.01.24, 01:52 PM
I definitely think its the stock Tamiya ESC that held you back. Even compared to the $30 LRP Runner Reverse (auto calibrated), the Tamiya ESC was noticably slower. That was a few years ago, and I dont think that the Tamiya ESC's have changed since then, although I may be mistaken. Sai's 1/10 buggy with Tamiya Sport Tuned motor was as fast as my car with the Tamiya ESC and a 17t motor... After I switched the ESC, I burned up the motor, but it wouldnt even get hot with the Tamiya ESC...

ShortBus
2011.01.24, 02:20 PM
potter - are you going to action tonight?

ShortBus
2011.01.24, 02:22 PM
Dom - way to go with a 2nd place showing !!

ActionRC
2011.01.24, 03:29 PM
Glad it worked out well for all of you. Way to go, Dom! I feel bad for Austin. Like EMU said, it stinks to not finish. What time did you guys end up getting home? Which body won the concours contest?

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 03:45 PM
Winter nationals ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??:confused:

Scrapper
2011.01.24, 03:51 PM
Winter Nationals?????????????????????????????????????/

Also i just got my jr z1 (exact same as helios) in mail and love it need to get some racing in on the bad boy

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 04:34 PM
yea .....you telllemmmm scrapper!!!!!:)

ActionRC
2011.01.24, 04:36 PM
As I mentioned, guys, I have to get clearance from the forum coordinators to clear the date. Feb 19th and 26th already had activity on the calendar, so I applied for March 5th because it was the next clear date. I don't think it will be a problem, but I am getting 100% confirmation for the date before I formally announce it. Hopefully I will know today and I can proceed with formal announcements and plans. It will be a great event, as always!

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 04:49 PM
As I mentioned, guys, I have to get clearance from the forum coordinators to clear the date. Feb 19th and 26th already had activity on the calendar, so I applied for March 5th because it was the next clear date. I don't think it will be a problem, but I am getting 100% confirmation for the date before I formally announce it. Hopefully I will know today and I can proceed with formal announcements and plans. It will be a great event, as always!

I'm truelly sorry to keep asking the question Al. However we need the answer. They screen the forum all day long I sure they could give you the answer. Oh and by the way if anyone needs to spray paint a Nerf Strike gun please feel free to visit the off topic screen on the main menu. Alot of real interesting stuff that thread has!:rolleyes:

ActionRC
2011.01.24, 04:55 PM
Scott - There's more to it than screening the forum waiting for responses. Sorry to hold you up, but there's more than just the forum to running the track and planning events, and I have to consider Action schedules and customer availability before DKR's schedule postings. I have confirmation that the date is saved for me. As of yet, I have not seen it pop up on the events tab, which is what I am waiting for. Hopefully, this explanation satisfies whatever urgency you and Stuscrapper have pressing at this moment. The forum will be the first to know - as it always is.

Scrapper
2011.01.24, 05:08 PM
Al i think the classes should be
1. 2WD Stock: Any Body
2. F1
3. AWD Mod
4. Lemans
5. Pan Car
6. 90 MM NARROW

If you need a sponsor to buy the trophies let me know, You know the CPW Stu got your back from DKR

EMU
2011.01.24, 05:18 PM
6 classes is way too many... Three, maybe four would be good. I would love to do some open motor LM (Lemans tires mandatory), and maybe some Pan car... in addition to the standard classes. F1 is allways on my list, but it seems to not be popular around here :(

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 05:22 PM
:)Can we have a nerf gun fight ......I'm gonna paint mine camo!!!!!!

Scrapper
2011.01.24, 05:40 PM
Well I was just trying to put ideas out there

1. Regular Wide
2. Narrow
3. Lemans Modified
4. Formula 1

rajiex
2011.01.24, 05:57 PM
Well I was just trying to put ideas out there

1. Regular Wide
2. Narrow
3. Lemans Modified
4. Formula 1

I would run the first three, if its on a Saturday .

Slapstick10
2011.01.24, 06:33 PM
Wow!!!!! Unbelievable the way the points are stacking up.

Fifty7
2011.01.24, 07:45 PM
Wow!!!!! Unbelievable the way the points are stacking up.

Scott, you need to leave all the individual weeks on the sheet like Al does because when it comes time for drops you need to know the individual points to drop.

Slapstick10
2011.01.25, 09:38 AM
Ok Marty I saw Tom last night and he explained to me what you thought. If that were the case then I wouldnt issue points for when you were absent. You posted about individual drops and we had a conversation at the track. Its 4 Team Drops not individual. It was also spoke about in one of the post when Jeff decided to play with us a week late and Emu gave up Anthony for the better of the Teams. Because jeffs team only will recieve 3 drops because of starting late. I stand by what I said . There will be 4 team drops.The lowest team scores will be dropped not individual. This is a team competition. Team work will prevail. Marty if you can call me today.

Now Team DMS had a clean sweep of the mains last week. This is not an easy thing to do and since this is a team competition they should be rewarded. Any team to have a clean sweep A,B and C main ....first place wins will recieve 3 additional points added to there score for that week. 1 point for each main.

DMS1 had 280 points this week they now have 283

This is a 10 week program with 4 team drops.On the 11 or 12 week depending on the winternationals we will have a victory party. Trophy's,food and fun.

I am adding on a new member to the DKR Orange team. Like on Brothers racing there will be two c drivers. On Brothers Raj is the primary and richie is the secondary. On DKR Orange my daughter Harley will be the primary and Nick will be secondary.

This is it no more adding rules. We will run it this way for the first series.

Slapstick10
2011.01.25, 09:54 AM
Here they are!

SaiTam
2011.01.25, 10:56 AM
Congrats to all TCS participants!

Is Nat back from Tokyo Auto salon or is he lost there?

Where is my MR-04?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/misc/TAS.jpg
http://www.golftoimpress.com/wp-content/gallery/tokyo-auto-salon-2011-cars/dsc05171-32.jpg

See if you can spot Nat anywhere on this web album:

http://www.golftoimpress.com/tokyo-auto-salon-2011-cars/

ActionRC
2011.01.25, 11:12 AM
Nat got back Thursday night. I heard he came to practice last night. The reason I "heard" is because you can hear his car from a mile away! Nat was back in full swing - and had the only car to break the 10 second barrier in practice. His Benz is fast (and loud)!

Fun (and busy) practice last night! Got to drive Paul's Murcielago, and it is soooo good! Scott's daughter Harley is without a doubt one to watch. She was running some of the most consistent laps I have ever seen. Mid 12's, which was not bad at all last night. Her consistency will definitely get her into the top of the C. Joe, Kevin A, Richie, Greg, maybe even Austin - watch out!

Should be a fun race night tomorrow - this layout is perfect for good, side by side racing. Enjoy! :D

JuniorWKR
2011.01.25, 11:37 AM
i searched through 176 photos of show girls and i didnt see nat anywhere... i dont know what he looks like but i couldnt find him at all...

PadrinoNY
2011.01.25, 11:51 AM
i searched through 176 photos of show girls and i didnt see nat anywhere... i dont know what he looks like but i couldnt find him at all...

It don't matter what he looks like. At least you got to see the show girls thats all that counts.... :D
Sai about the m04 you have what happen you never gave me a price whats up you slipping?

Slapstick10
2011.01.25, 12:10 PM
Nat got back Thursday night. I heard he came to practice last night. The reason I "heard" is because you can hear his car from a mile away! Nat was back in full swing - and had the only car to break the 10 second barrier in practice. His Benz is fast (and loud)!

Fun (and busy) practice last night! Got to drive Paul's Murcielago, and it is soooo good! Scott's daughter Harley is without a doubt one to watch. She was running some of the most consistent laps I have ever seen. Mid 12's, which was not bad at all last night. Her consistency will definitely get her into the top of the C. Joe, Kevin A, Richie, Greg, maybe even Austin - watch out!

Should be a fun race night tomorrow - this layout is perfect for good, side by side racing. Enjoy! :D

I thought it was amazing how she held her own through the end of the straight away and was rubbing paint with nat! 20 laps in 5 minutes and a fast lap of 12.57. Not bad for 5 saturdays! C Main here comes a spoiler!!!!!

sjm324
2011.01.25, 12:28 PM
congrats to all tcs participants!

Is nat back from tokyo auto salon or is he lost there?

Where is my mr-04?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/misc/tas.jpg
http://www.golftoimpress.com/wp-content/gallery/tokyo-auto-salon-2011-cars/dsc05171-32.jpg

see if you can spot nat anywhere on this web album:

http://www.golftoimpress.com/tokyo-auto-salon-2011-cars/

i could find nat....just look for the black/blue checkered flannel jacket....nat it may be time for a new jacket bud :)

Fifty7
2011.01.25, 12:57 PM
Ok Marty I saw Tom last night and he explained to me what you thought. If that were the case then I wouldnt issue points for when you were absent. You posted about individual drops and we had a conversation at the track. Its 4 Team Drops not individual. It was also spoke about in one of the post when Jeff decided to play with us a week late and Emu gave up Anthony for the better of the Teams. Because jeffs team only will recieve 3 drops because of starting late. I stand by what I said . There will be 4 team drops.The lowest team scores will be dropped not individual. This is a team competition. Team work will prevail. Marty if you can call me today.

Now Team DMS had a clean sweep of the mains last week. This is not an easy thing to do and since this is a team competition they should be rewarded. Any team to have a clean sweep A,B and C main ....first place wins will recieve 3 additional points added to there score for that week. 1 point for each main.

DMS1 had 280 points this week they now have 283

This is a 10 week program with 4 team drops.On the 11 or 12 week depending on the winternationals we will have a victory party. Trophy's,food and fun.

I am adding on a new member to the DKR Orange team. Like on Brothers racing there will be two c drivers. On Brothers Raj is the primary and richie is the secondary. On DKR Orange my daughter Harley will be the primary and Nick will be secondary.

This is it no more adding rules. We will run it this way for the first series.

OK, not trying to change the rules, just to clarify them. I'll still play, even though it sucks. The whole point of the drops was to accommodate every team whether their drivers were there on the same night or not and use each individuals best 7 weeks . I thought the purpose of putting in the blind scores was to include a team that might fall 1 week short of the required weeks because of one guy. The way we do it now if a guy wins their main for the night but the other 2 guys weren't there it's gonna wind up costing the team to possibly drop a 100 point night by the A guy who was there alone.

Slapstick10
2011.01.25, 01:49 PM
OK, not trying to change the rules, just to clarify them. I'll still play, even though it sucks. The whole point of the drops was to accommodate every team whether their drivers were there on the same night or not and use each individuals best 7 weeks . I thought the purpose of putting in the blind scores was to include a team that might fall 1 week short of the required weeks because of one guy. The way we do it now if a guy wins their main for the night but the other 2 guys weren't there it's gonna wind up costing the team to possibly drop a 100 point night by the A guy who was there alone.

The point of giving the points to absent drivers was to give more options.For instance potter won the A for 100 points say dom and joe didnt show. I estimate they would loose 15-20 points. And the is a very good possibility that they would drop that week because of that. So now instead of playing offense he played defense and took valuble points away. Worst case scenario is a team getting like 260 and best I would say is 285. I really dont see it going any less or any more. By week 10 its going to be real close.

Fifty7
2011.01.25, 04:12 PM
The point of giving the points to absent drivers was to give more options.For instance potter won the A for 100 points say dom and joe didnt show. I estimate they would loose 15-20 points. And the is a very good possibility that they would drop that week because of that. So now instead of playing offense he played defense and took valuble points away. Worst case scenario is a team getting like 260 and best I would say is 285. I really dont see it going any less or any more. By week 10 its going to be real close.

So Potter earned a 100 and maybe now will be stuck with something lower just because the other guys weren't there on the same night. I thought what we discussed was to not penalize the guys who were there just because they didn't have a full team that night. It's ok, i understand it, that's all that matters, i don't have to like it, just understand it :D

P.S. - I'm working late and my boss is here so i cant call you. I'll try and get you later when i get home if i have time before bowling.

PadrinoNY
2011.01.25, 04:35 PM
All comments welcomed what you think guys? Is this the start of a beautiful collection

From left to right:
Ferrari F430 on an all Atomic AWD
PN Lexan Pan Car/LM 102mm Atomic MR02
Lambo Murciealago 98mm Atomic MR03
Renault Megane 94mm Atomic MR03

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww174/riddler4976/IMG_1278.jpg

ActionRC
2011.01.25, 04:41 PM
Nice, Pucho! I like how the colors are the same but the paint schemes are different. Very cool. The Renault needs some purple! The picture doesn't do justice to the gloss I remember on the Ferrari.

Scrapper
2011.01.25, 04:54 PM
Classes for the winternats!!!!!!?????

ShortBus
2011.01.25, 07:07 PM
Ok, was I the only one who picked up on all the photgraphers snapping shot's up the "display girl's" skirt? What goes on over there in Japan??

Slapstick10
2011.01.25, 08:06 PM
All comments welcomed what you think guys? Is this the start of a beautiful collection

From left to right:
Ferrari F430 on an all Atomic AWD
PN Lexan Pan Car/LM 102mm Atomic MR02
Lambo Murciealago 98mm Atomic MR03
Renault Megane 94mm Atomic MR03

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww174/riddler4976/IMG_1278.jpg

I have everyone of those bodies in my box!

KA2AEV
2011.01.25, 09:28 PM
I have everyone of those bodies in my box!

Not painted like that Scott

REALLY NICE Pucho!

PadrinoNY
2011.01.25, 10:17 PM
you should your box is like an exact replica of my box JK LOL :D

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 09:27 AM
Pucho - Isn't Scott's box comprised of not only the same style bodies, but most of your old cars? Hahaha! ;)

Jeff - I saw lots of pics of lots of hot models, but I didn't see any up-skirts! Are you sure you went to the same site Sai posted???!!! :eek:

Stuscrapper - One step at a time. The date was confirmed last night, and a formal announcement will go out with the information about the race. Our normal wide stock class is a definite. We will have to determine if we will run 2 or 3 classes. If 3, our normal narrow will be a definite. If 2, I'd like to throw in a special class, like 90mm, spec body, or pan car.

Everyone - Start letting me know your thoughts on the classes. The race is March 5th, 11:00 open, 2:00 start - plenty of time for 3 classes. Keep in mind that before voting for NASCAR oval, the body is discontinued, and the track layout would be limited by the oval, so I'd like to stick with road course classes.

My vote, which counts equally as important as yours:
Stock Wide
70T/80T Narrow
50T Pan (Lexan, Poly, or either? Not sure.)

Stay tuned for more info soon!

PadrinoNY
2011.01.26, 09:44 AM
I vote for:

2wd stock/mod
70t 90mm narrow
50t Lexan Pan

He only has 2 of my cars in his box (which happen to be his favorites ;) ). Love ya Scott LOL:D

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 09:49 AM
Pucho - Isn't Scott's box comprised of not only the same style bodies, but most of your old cars? Hahaha! ;)

Jeff - I saw lots of pics of lots of hot models, but I didn't see any up-skirts! Are you sure you went to the same site Sai posted???!!! :eek:

Stuscrapper - One step at a time. The date was confirmed last night, and a formal announcement will go out with the information about the race. Our normal wide stock class is a definite. We will have to determine if we will run 2 or 3 classes. If 3, our normal narrow will be a definite. If 2, I'd like to throw in a special class, like 90mm, spec body, or pan car.

Everyone - Start letting me know your thoughts on the classes. The race is March 5th, 11:00 open, 2:00 start - plenty of time for 3 classes. Keep in mind that before voting for NASCAR oval, the body is discontinued, and the track layout would be limited by the oval, so I'd like to stick with road course classes.

My vote, which counts equally as important as yours:
Stock Wide
70T/80T Narrow
50T Pan (Lexan, Poly, or either? Not sure.)

Stay tuned for more info soon!

So what are you trying to say its pucho's pitt box.....LOL

IMO

Wide - same rules apply
Narrow- 70t
Lexan Pan- 50t handout
F1 - open

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 09:52 AM
No - Just that you've managed to score most of the "Pucho Blue Light Temporary Retirement Specials"! :rolleyes:

PadrinoNY
2011.01.26, 09:57 AM
No - Just that you've managed to score most of the "Pucho Blue Light Temporary Retirement Specials"! :rolleyes:

Hey hey I resemble that remark LMAO....:D

ShortBus
2011.01.26, 10:09 AM
Al, it was Sai's first picture !!

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 10:47 AM

In the words of Pucho........ I don't care what you thats funny right there!!:D

And it funny how he always says he leaving and never does!! Things that make you go HHHUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!

sjm324
2011.01.26, 11:13 AM
Third class
70t pan or lm....

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 11:18 AM
Al, it was Sai's first picture !!

Oooohh - I thought you actually saw the RESULTS of those pictures! Thought I missed something! They know how to dress 'um at the import shows! (Well, domestic show in this case. Like Chinese food in China - it's just, well, "food!")

I am liking the 90mm 70 Turn idea. There are sooo many AWESOME bodies to choose from in narrow 90, and they are always making more, but the 94's are so limited, and 98's are non-existant, except for the Chrysler. My only problem with this in our case is that so many people run 94-98 rears in the narrow class. I just ordered for myself (could you believe it!) the 90-94 rear to build a good narrow car, and since 98 is a non-issue, I want to be able to run cool bodies like the Mini Cooper, Datsun, Ferrari Dino, and so many other great 90mm bodies that just sit there. Maybe that class is due for a change. I'm thinking and writing at the same time - not a good idea on this forum! :o

sjm324
2011.01.26, 11:23 AM
AL, will there be racing tonight ??.

SaiTam
2011.01.26, 11:29 AM
Adam are you gonna put snow on the track?

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 11:36 AM
The plan is to race! This first snowfall that started around 6:45am today is just the first dusting. It is supposed to stop (which it has just about), then start up again late tonight. According to what I have seen on the weather, we should be done before the real snow starts. Besides, I have lots of PN and Kyosho that shipped Monday (and more Kyosho came in yesterday!) that needs to be paid for! ;)

Sai and Roland need to brave the snow for the first time in weeks!

sjm324
2011.01.26, 11:44 AM
the plan is to race! This first snowfall that started around 6:45am today is just the first dusting. It is supposed to stop (which it has just about), then start up again late tonight. According to what i have seen on the weather, we should be done before the real snow starts. Besides, i have lots of pn and kyosho that shipped monday (and more kyosho came in yesterday!) that needs to be paid for! ;)

sai and roland need to brave the snow for the first time in weeks!

al - ok sounds good

sai - i need you to repair a burnt fet

hope to see everyone later

SaiTam
2011.01.26, 11:45 AM
I don't think I'm gonna be there tonight. If Javier or any NYC guys show up please give him the burnt board. What made it burn?

bermbuster
2011.01.26, 12:31 PM
How about some F1.......:cool:

Scrapper
2011.01.26, 12:34 PM
Al its snowing cats and dogs outside, I wish it wasnt as then i might take the ferry but its snowing like heck

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 01:04 PM
Third class
70t pan or lm....

so slow!!!!! Pan is suposed to be fast thats why they now make Lexan pan boddiesssss

Al - The nationals are on a saturday are we racing friday? Will the layout be up for practice?

SaiTam
2011.01.26, 01:18 PM
Al its snowing cats and dogs outside, I wish it wasnt as then i might take the ferry but its snowing like heck

Don't take the ferry. It may hit an iceberg and split in half. Also, S.I. school kids may throw snow balls at you (or me).

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 01:34 PM
We have a Wide stock and a Narrow spec. We need something fast. I would like to do F1 because I have one and never get a chance to run it but a spec motor for that might be interesting!

Sai- Adams board cant answer you how it happened. I hooked the motor up ran 2 laps and smoked it. The motor wires were not touching any thing. Shame that car was moving real nice!

I'm board and thinking of taking one of my trucks bashing in the snow. I'm thinking the Bobby Diamond T4:D

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 01:45 PM
Scott - In the past, I have always opened the track for practice only on the day of the race. I do this to prevent locals from having an advantage to people coming from further distances who would not get to come the night before. The benefit of racing on a Sunday, like you guys did in CT last week, was that you can have all-day practice Saturday and race on Sunday, but I don't like running an event too late on a Sunday. Saturday is better for "no-pressure to end late" racing. This is the first time we're running a special event since the move to Friday night racing, so my first instinct would be to run normal points racing the night before, possibly at a discounted price for people running the next day. Another alternative, if I know that no one will be racing Friday because they are racing Saturday, would be to not open Friday so that I could work on the layout and get the place 100% ready the night before instead of Friday night and Saturday morning. (If we race Friday, I have to do the layout Friday night after racing.) Under no circumstances would the layout be down Friday for practice unless I knew that EVERYONE racing the 'Nats was from Staten Island, which will definitely not be the case.

George - I am not opposed to F1. My only preference is that I'd love to try something totally new, but not expensive for people to get into - a car they can race by either just buying a body or can make from existing parts or an extra car. F1 is great, but I think I'd like to try something new.

Sai: "Also, S.I. school kids may throw snow balls at you (or me)."

Do you mean that SI kids would throw snowballs at you and Stu, or that you and SI kids would throw snowballs at Stu? Either can happen! SI Ferry with Stu on it = Stutanic!

ShortBus
2011.01.26, 01:49 PM
light dusting this morning?? I have 4-5 inches from this morning and they are saying another 6-10 starting between 6-8pm :(

Scrapper
2011.01.26, 01:49 PM
What abu awd. 70t reflez

Fifty7
2011.01.26, 01:51 PM
I am liking the 90mm 70 Turn idea. There are sooo many AWESOME bodies to choose from in narrow 90, and they are always making more, but the 94's are so limited, and 98's are non-existant, except for the Chrysler.

So this would replace the regular narrow? I assume running the 90 at 94 would not be allowed?:p

so slow!!!!! Pan is suposed to be fast thats why they now make Lexan pan boddiesssss

Al - The nationals are on a Saturday are we racing Friday? Will the layout be up for practice?

Like the pan 50T idea. Oh wait i dont have a 3rd car. :D Uh Oh purchase coming up!! Can we start a poll on here to keep track of everyones ideas?

Cant speak for Al but usually the layout is only down for Saturday to make it fair to people who come only for the event and not to give the regulars an unfair advantage.

So we should plan for a blizzard on March 5th huh? :eek:

bermbuster
2011.01.26, 02:14 PM
George - I am not opposed to F1. My only preference is that I'd love to try something totally new, but not expensive for people to get into - a car they can race by either just buying a body or can make from existing parts or an extra car. F1 is great, but I think I'd like to try something new.

I hear you Al....I like the idea of a 90mm narrow class....I have the Dino, the gt250, and others....:cool:

I believe there are a lot of F1s collecting dust too....:D

It is a shame they discontinued the Nascars.....I bought our nascars from you and me and frankie had some awesome times and memories racing them with you guys at Action....

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 03:19 PM
Jeff - This morning on the news they said we wouldn't even have to shovel this snow because it would melt by the time the second storm hit later tonight. We have about 3" here in Queens. Dumb news. :mad:

Marty - That's the downside to making a change to narrow at all 90mm. It would effect people who have 94-98 rears in their cars now. However, taking that rear out and putting it in a new wide car, and getting the PN 90-94 rear would be a cool way to get the class rolling. Just thinking out loud - again - a very dangerous thing to do here. :rolleyes: And, yes, you can pretty much assure that on March 5th we will have a blizzard, cyclone, tsunami, or volcanic eruption.

George - A smart person with some money to put into the idea (of which I have half of one of these attributes, and none of the other going for me) would come up with two Mini-Z products:

1) A generic NASCAR style body - not a Chevy, Ford, Toyota or Dodge. Just a true to scale representation of what a current cup car resembles. Toy companies do it all the time. It should be 98mm, not 102mm.
2) A generic late 60's muscle car style body. Again, the toy companies make toy cars that set a certain look without being an actual brand.

I have expressed this idea to several people at Kyosho, but it falls on deaf ears. A company like TRP, or even Atomic or PN, is perfect for this, as they are already making bodies for themselves.

Stuscrapper - You can already run an AWD with a 70T motor - in either wide or narrow! I demand seven posts that would warrant Scrapper to earn his old nickname back. For each 'questionable' post, you will earn one letter back from your original nickname. You have a clean slate right now, but the count starts NOW! (_ _ _ _ _ _ _)

See everyone later! Brave the snow!

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 03:49 PM
What Abu awd 70t reflex..... Lol

Scrapper
2011.01.26, 04:03 PM
Shush scott

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 04:19 PM
Shush scott

Scott's last name after that statement would have been even funnier! Talk about a tongue twister! (Not that Stu telling Scott to "Shush", followed by DreamKillr Racing for life" isn't funny enough.) :D

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 04:23 PM
Shush scott

I was only asking if there would be a 70t reflex awd class that's all!!! Lmmfao!
Telling me to shush is like giving a pyro lighter fluid!!!

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 04:31 PM
I'm so board..... Playing call of duty ain't even fun at this point! Omg is my 350z a 90 or 94?
Al- don't you work?

ActionRC
2011.01.26, 04:40 PM
Haha - Quiet day today.

Scott - Please bring your keys if you're coming tonight. It just starting sleeting and snowing here, which is going to make my commute awful. I will go straight to the track tonight. The 350Z is 94, which is why it is one of the best narrow bodies.

"Shush Scott Schick in the Slippery Slush" :D

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 04:51 PM
Glad that you said that cause I wouldn't have had them on me ! No problem. FYI Harley will be racing tonight we need to burn her card! This is going to be priceless this Friday when Harley adds mayhem to the c main!!! Lol

Fifty7
2011.01.26, 04:56 PM
What Abu awd 70t reflex..... Lol

Abu can run whatever he wants:p

Slapstick10
2011.01.26, 04:56 PM
Take you time do what you got to do I'll open no worries!

EMU
2011.01.26, 07:19 PM
I wouldnt want a 50t pan, although an open pan or same motors that Wide uses would be good. I really dont like the 50t, especially after seeing many go up in smoke...

SaiTam
2011.01.27, 09:38 AM
Sai and Roland need to brave the snow for the first time in weeks!

I parked my car at a parking spot last night at 8pm; went to dinner and two hours later I couldn't move the car; so did many others who drove by. I was going to park it in an indoor garage but I couldn't. I spent 2 hours digging this morning and my car finally made about 2 feet sideways. How did everyone do last night in S.I.? I think I would've died on the road holding my Mini-z if I had raced. I had AWD Subarus for years when I never really needed AWD. It's ironic.

Now that my car is stuck in a 7am - 7pm commercial parking spot, will I get ticketed or towed?

Enough venting for now.

Here is a video (2 hr into the evening storm):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLMB2H7n8uY

Don't laugh because my car was around the corner -- Stuck!

Scrapper
2011.01.27, 09:46 AM
Lol sai btw I got my dx3.0 To use with my micro t

ShortBus
2011.01.27, 10:01 AM
Sai - I feel your pain. I had 4 wheel drive for the past 12 years and this is my first vechicle without it. I'm not sure if the extra 8-10 mpg I'm getting with FWD are worth it in times like this??

We had roughly 16-17" where I'm at in Jersey. We never really had that rain/sleet except for a short period around 7pm.

Scott, I sure hope you shoveled the lot before they left last night !!!!!

machgo5go
2011.01.27, 10:02 AM
I parked my car at a parking spot last night at 8pm; went to dinner and two hours later I couldn't move the car; so did many others who drove by. I was going to park it in an indoor garage but I couldn't. I spent 2 hours digging this morning and my car finally made about 2 feet sideways. How did everyone do last night in S.I.? I think I would've died on the road holding my Mini-z if I had raced. I had AWD Subarus for years when I never really needed AWD. It's ironic.

Now that my car is stuck in a 7am - 7pm commercial parking spot, will I get ticketed or towed?

Enough venting for now.

Here is a video (2 hr into the evening storm):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLMB2H7n8uY

Don't laugh because my car was around the corner -- Stuck!
Time for a R32 or at least a WRX 1/1 Scale !

Fifty7
2011.01.27, 10:37 AM
Sai - it would not have been a good ride home for you last night.

ShortBus
2011.01.27, 11:32 AM
Marty, let's strap two snowboards to the front of your "reverse" trike and give it a go !!!

Slapstick10
2011.01.27, 11:38 AM
I am overwhelmed and frustrated I'm gonna rant a little if you dont mind. My foolish partner made a bad decision and now I'm stuck picking up the pieces. Why does greed command what people do? What happened to putting safty before profit.

I have a truck in silver springs , MD that was in a major accident and has to be towed to Gallaway New Jersey.

Total cost of stupidity is priceless but price of the reality of the tow $1600:(

Fifty7
2011.01.27, 12:04 PM
Marty, let's strap two snowboards to the front of your "reverse" trike and give it a go !!!

We're gonna need a spiked rear tire too or it's not going anywhere. :cool:

ShortBus
2011.01.27, 01:30 PM
that's easy, we can just pickup a contractors pail of roof nails and run over them a few times !!

Fifty7
2011.01.27, 02:09 PM
that's easy, we can just pickup a contractors pail of roof nails and run over them a few times !!

I said SPIKED not FLAT :eek:

ShortBus
2011.01.27, 02:15 PM
Scott - should have just torched it on the side of the road :)

Scrapper
2011.01.27, 02:30 PM
I am overwhelmed and frustrated I'm gonna rant a little if you dont mind. My foolish partner made a bad decision and now I'm stuck picking up the pieces. Why does greed command what people do? What happened to putting safty before profit.

I have a truck in silver springs , MD that was in a major accident and has to be towed to Gallaway New Jersey.

Total cost of stupidity is priceless but price of the reality of the tow $1600:(
I'm from silver springs

ShortBus
2011.01.27, 02:39 PM
I got this from one of my tech guys - it's an Indian Movie (terminator matrix robocop xmen transformers all together). It's really cool !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svOlz2ei4Yk

ActionRC
2011.01.27, 10:25 PM
Stu - How are you from MD?

EMU - I think the only 50T's that smoked were the bushing motors, not the bearing motor, which is all I stock for a long time now. Haven't seen a problem in months, and it's my #1 selling motor. It wasn't all of them either - a very small percentage of what was sold.

Adam - Did you get back okay? I could not believe how bad the Richmond Pkwy was!

Scott - That stinks about your truck. It hasn't been a good month for you, has it? Thankfully, my company was closed today, but I did have to go to Bklyn anyway to go to a wake for what was my oldest living relative at 97. :(

It took me 45 minutes to get home last night. Thank you to Richie for making sure my car started, but I sure wish he waited to see if I could get out of the parking spot that I should have backed into. I couldn't. Thankfully, some guy that I thought was going to rob me stopped to pee and take a phone call, and he pushed me out. I got stuck again on Drumgoole before making the left of Foster, and had to get pushed again. I need tires.

The lot is not plowed, but I did shovel as much as I could tonight. I will try to make plow arrangements tomorrow. If anyone knows anyone with a plow, please let me know. It's been getting done by the guys downstairs, so hopefully they'll just do it. If not, Arthur Kill is pretty widely plowed, and I parked right on it last night and walked right up to the door. We'll be okay tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who stuck it out to race last night. We had some great races. Props to Harley again - she's got a God-given talent! Ant and I had great battles all night, which was alot of fun.

See everyone tomorrow! Don't let a little snow scare you!

Scrapper
2011.01.28, 08:03 AM
I was born and lived there for the first four years of my life

Slapstick10
2011.01.28, 08:11 AM
Well it's 8am and I'm right outside Washington DC. If you want something done correct do it yourself! I took one of the ****ty trucks but hey whatever. I have an eta of being home at 5pm. I'm doing the best I can. Don't really know if I'm gonna race tonight but my wife will probably take Austin

Fifty7
2011.01.28, 08:19 AM
Stu - How are you from MD?

EMU - I think the only 50T's that smoked were the bushing motors, not the bearing motor, which is all I stock for a long time now. Haven't seen a problem in months, and it's my #1 selling motor. It wasn't all of them either - a very small percentage of what was sold.

Adam - Did you get back okay? I could not believe how bad the Richmond Pkwy was!

Scott - That stinks about your truck. It hasn't been a good month for you, has it? Thankfully, my company was closed today, but I did have to go to Bklyn anyway to go to a wake for what was my oldest living relative at 97. :(

It took me 45 minutes to get home last night. Thank you to Richie for making sure my car started, but I sure wish he waited to see if I could get out of the parking spot that I should have backed into. I couldn't. Thankfully, some guy that I thought was going to rob me stopped to pee and take a phone call, and he pushed me out. I got stuck again on Drumgoole before making the left of Foster, and had to get pushed again. I need tires.

The lot is not plowed, but I did shovel as much as I could tonight. I will try to make plow arrangements tomorrow. If anyone knows anyone with a plow, please let me know. It's been getting done by the guys downstairs, so hopefully they'll just do it. If not, Arthur Kill is pretty widely plowed, and I parked right on it last night and walked right up to the door. We'll be okay tomorrow.

Thank you to everyone who stuck it out to race last night. We had some great races. Props to Harley again - she's got a God-given talent! Ant and I had great battles all night, which was alot of fun.

See everyone tomorrow! Don't let a little snow scare you!

Should we be concerned we haven't heard from Adam?:eek: That ride on the parkway was crazy. I know how you feel with the tire, mine are shot and the car is rear wheel drive. If i took that car out Friday we could've taken turns pushing each other. Harley may be a contender in the C main for a little while anyway. I have a feeling she will be in the B before long.

BTW - Sorry for anyone (Scott) I might have accidentally hacked Wednesday night. We just couldn't get away from each other.

Slapstick10
2011.01.28, 08:30 AM
It was fun swapping paint with ya!

sjm324
2011.01.28, 12:38 PM
I made it home on wed night...it was tuff conditions but not too bad...looking forward to some racing tonight...see everyone later

Fifty7
2011.01.28, 12:43 PM
I made it home on wed night...it was tuff conditions but not too bad...looking forward to some racing tonight...see everyone later

Glad to see you made it home safe. Hell is freezing over. Me & You showing up 2 nights in 1 week? :D

sjm324
2011.01.28, 12:58 PM
glad to see you made it home safe. Hell is freezing over. Me & you showing up 2 nights in 1 week? :d

i know...i am sure i will pay for it some way or another :)

ActionRC
2011.01.28, 01:21 PM
The plow is arranged for tonight before 6. He will plow if it was not done by the downstairs guys first. His lot is down Kreischer (30 seconds from the track!), so he'll check it before he parks for the night. he loves RC cars, AND the guy I met him through is a friend of Tommy's! Small world! The track is more famous than I think, sometimes!

By the way, left home at 7:00am, and got to work at 9:50. Hylan is a mess!!! People are waiting for buses in the right lane because hardly any bus stops are shoveled! VERY DANGEROUS! :eek:

Scrapper
2011.01.28, 01:24 PM
Is it quite as dangerous as that time you had me dancing with the track sign at the edge of the lot

Link to video please

Fifty7
2011.01.28, 01:26 PM
The plow is arranged for tonight before 6. He will plow if it was not done by the downstairs guys first. His lot is down Kreischer (30 seconds from the track!), so he'll check it before he parks for the night. he loves RC cars, AND the guy I met him through is a friend of Tommy's! Small world! The track is more famous than I think, sometimes!

By the way, left home at 7:00am, and got to work at 9:50. Hylan is a mess!!! People are waiting for buses in the right lane because hardly any bus stops are shoveled! VERY DANGEROUS! :eek:

I know, it was crazy, it took me 10 minutes this morning when i normally do it in 6 or 7:eek:.

Is it quite as dangerous as that time you had me dancing with the track sign at the edge of the lot

Link to video please

I don't remember anyone twisting your arm to go out there.

Who's opening and what time tonight?

ActionRC
2011.01.28, 01:40 PM
Jeff should be opening at 6.

Stu - The difference between the bus stop people and you is that we were TRYING to get you hit by a car! ;):D

Marty - Sorry to hear about your longer than normal commute. Must have been awful - did you stop for a pee break?

PadrinoNY
2011.01.28, 02:04 PM
Wow Marty I don't care who you are that's funny right there. Nice come back Al

Fifty7
2011.01.28, 02:51 PM
Marty - Sorry to hear about your longer than normal commute. Must have been awful - did you stop for a pee break?

I almost had to. You know being 40 and all I cant hold it like I used to.:p

KA2AEV
2011.01.28, 03:38 PM
Jeff should be opening at 6.

Stu - The difference between the bus stop people and you is that we were TRYING to get you hit by a car! ;):D

Al Thats just plain COLD!

ActionRC
2011.01.28, 04:56 PM
Hahaha! Too bad the cars driving by had bad aim. :rolleyes:

Stu - I think Nat had (has?) the original video of you on Arthur Kill Road dancing.

See everyone in a few. It's 4:55, and I'm signing off for the day. I am really looking forward to racing tonight!!! :eek:

Fifty7
2011.01.28, 05:26 PM
Anyone have 3 degree aluminum rears they would like to part with?

Slapstick10
2011.01.30, 01:13 PM
Well Friday night was interesting. Even though my body wasthere ....mentally i wasn't. I figured by racing I might be able to sneak some points.Unfortunalty that wasn't the case as Austin Had Problems also.

I guess the big story was Harley. Now for the people who don't know Harley has only practiced 5 times on saturday and raced wed and friday of this week. This is why the track is open on saturday......for practice. I was extremely happy for her winning of the C Main. Al says she got the goods! Well see!

Marty - I'm going to clean out my box today if memory serves me correct I might have a set I aquired from Bob Diamond.

The turnout at Action Friday was great and as I looked around to see everyone laughing and having fun....It made me think this it what this is all about.

Al I have to say I think you are trying real hard to get parts and all the stuff we need and it shows. I don't know what your doing but it shows and keep it coming. You are doing great!

Just a reminder to all.....this is your track.....and we need the support. We sold a few new setups to a few new racers. So dont be surprised when you see them and feel free to extend a warm welcome. Monday night a few guys from the staten island flying club will be stopping by (FYI).

It seems it easy to sell a car and remote but the real test is to get them back to race them!:D

KA2AEV
2011.01.30, 06:52 PM
It seems it easy to sell a car and remote but the real test is to get them back to race them!:D

I think that is the real thing to overcome
To get them to understand that this is sort of like a Club
environment for all to enjoy as well as work their competitive nature
calls out of their system
To be honest with you
Both Golddust and myself were kind of intimidated the first few times
we went to race, The thing is to let the people know that we are
friendly and not total nerds who just hang out and play with toy cars
all the time
My suggestion would be that if you see anyone who looks new
(or slightly used :D ) just say hello to them and try and strike up a
conversation

ActionRC
2011.01.31, 12:43 PM
There has a been a nice surge of new guys lately, and interest is up. This is definitely in-part due to the Saturday practice and open hours. Scott has been key to having the doors open on Saturdays, and it is helping the new guys get some extra practice, as well as some experienced racers to test and tune. Most of all, it has helped HARLEY become quite the driver - beating everyone else in a full C main!

Marty - I think I have 3° alum rears in silver/blue on the hooks. If not, I can get them by the end of the week. (D5 or D10?)

Mike - You said it well. RC racing can be intimidating when it's a new experience. I was a nervous wreck the first time I ever raced. I didn't know the procedure, the rules, etc. Thankfully, we have the best customers at helping new people feel welcome, and they and myself do a pretty good job of making people feel at home. Only Potter scares people away. ;)

See everyone tonight!

hpotter
2011.01.31, 01:57 PM
Only Potter scares people away. ;)

See everyone tonight!
Proud to do my part :)

Fifty7
2011.01.31, 03:00 PM
Marty - I think I have 3° alum rears in silver/blue on the hooks. If not, I can get them by the end of the week. (D5 or D10?)

Mike - You said it well. RC racing can be intimidating when it's a new experience. I was a nervous wreck the first time I ever raced. I didn't know the procedure, the rules, etc. Thankfully, we have the best customers at helping new people feel welcome, and they and myself do a pretty good job of making people feel at home. Only Potter scares people away. ;)

See everyone tonight!

I'm leaning towards sticking with the blue & silver theme with all my cars so maybe I'll just take the blue ones you have there. I'll let you know if i want to order new ones.

On the intimidating note - My first time at Action (at Ellis St) I was brought down by my brother and yes was intimidated at the thought of racing especially not knowing anything about the cars (this is my first RC venture). While Marshaling my first race someones tire came off and was jammed between the wheel and the body. I picked up the car and walked it around to the driver and said "here you go, your tire fell off". Thats how i found out that marshaling meant you actually try and fix the problem for the person driving if you can but i just figured nobody wanted the new guy to touch his car. :eek:

ActionRC
2011.01.31, 03:30 PM
Marty - Actually, you have it backwards. Marshals are NOT supposed to work on cars. They're supposed to take broken cars off the track and keep their eyes on their section of the track. At Action, we all absolutely TRY to help someone get their car back up and running, and morally we all try to do the right thing, but in "real" RC racing, you are not supposed to work on a broken car. Fortunately, most of us are capable of doing our best to get a car back in the race while still flipping over upside down cars.

Fifty7
2011.01.31, 03:36 PM
Marty - Actually, you have it backwards. Marshals are NOT supposed to work on cars. They're supposed to take broken cars off the track and keep their eyes on their section of the track. At Action, we all absolutely TRY to help someone get their car back up and running, and morally we all try to do the right thing, but in "real" RC racing, you are not supposed to work on a broken car. Fortunately, most of us are capable of doing our best to get a car back in the race while still flipping over upside down cars.

Oh boy, this is gonna be trouble. I could see it now - "I'm not putting your tire back on, that's not my job":eek:
BTW - Do you have any 03 chassis coming in (with or without the body)? I think it's time for a 3rd one for miscellaneous classes. How long before the 3rd class is decided on for the winter Nats?

Slapstick10
2011.01.31, 03:57 PM
Our marshalls at Action are Priceless.

Paul- My car flipped off the track and he had a bag of chip and a soda....Priceless

Johnathon- Hurt his leg and laid down on the side of the track

Austin- sits down on the side of the track/hides in bathroom

Scott- smokes cigs to avoid marshalling/so does Richie,Rob Pucho and Raj

Al- But who's gonna anounce!!!!jk

Roland,Rob and Sai- Not one of them one night got up to marshal and Al had a meltdown......that was truely a priceless moment. As al is yelling roland runs to marshal post and says i'm ready ......LMAO. danny was the only one ready.

I come to the conclusion Action RC is like Cheers..........:D

ActionRC
2011.01.31, 04:02 PM
I have an MR03 coming in today which is sold and being picked up tonight. I have another two coming in Friday, and those are not sold yet.

I absolutely want marshals to help get cars back on the track, but their first priority is to flip over cars and pay attention to their section of the track. No one should sit on the track upside down because a marshal did not see him because he was busy putting someone's body back on (which could have been taped) or putting a tire back on (which could have been glued or taped) or putting a transponder card back on (which should have been secured properly before a race) or changing batteries (which should have been charged properly before the race) or putting a battery clip on - or back on. (That last one is just DKR's issue, so no worries there! ;) ) In other words, flip first, repair second. Most on-track repairs (not all) could have been avoided with proper precautions before the race, so flipped guys shouldn't have to wait. Of course, this is more of an issue with bigger RC cars where the proximity of the crash to the marshal might not be as close as it is for us in most cases.

I will now put away my can opener. The worms are coming out. :rolleyes:

Kevin S.
2011.01.31, 04:25 PM
Al,
Which chassis sets do you have coming in on Friday?

ActionRC
2011.01.31, 04:51 PM
I have a yellow Murcielago and a Yellow Corn McLaren coming in. As of right now, those are the only 98mm Readysets in stock. I always try to get those first before going to 94mm RM Readysets. Hopefully, the 599 Readysets comes in soon.

Kevin S.
2011.01.31, 04:53 PM
I have a yellow Murcielago and a Yellow Corn McLaren coming in. As of right now, those are the only 98mm Readysets in stock. I always try to get those first before going to 94mm RM Readysets. Hopefully, the 599 Readysets comes in soon.

Is it the SVT Murc?

PadrinoNY
2011.01.31, 07:26 PM
I have an MR03 coming in today which is sold and being picked up tonight. I have another two coming in Friday, and those are not sold yet.

I absolutely want marshals to help get cars back on the track, but their first priority is to flip over cars and pay attention to their section of the track. No one should sit on the track upside down because a marshal did not see him because he was busy putting someone's body back on (which could have been taped) or putting a tire back on (which could have been glued or taped) or putting a transponder card back on (which should have been secured properly before a race) or changing batteries (which should have been charged properly before the race) or putting a battery clip on - or back on. (That last one is just DKR's issue, so no worries there! ;) ) In other words, flip first, repair second. Most on-track repairs (not all) could have been avoided with proper precautions before the race, so flipped guys shouldn't have to wait. Of course, this is more of an issue with bigger RC cars where the proximity of the crash to the marshal might not be as close as it is for us in most cases.

I will now put away my can opener. The worms are coming out. :rolleyes:

Why don't you try this and only as a suggestion! Everyone that races the main before put there cars down and marshall immediatley for the next main. Think of it this way it shouldn't be just 2-3 people at a time put all 6-8 to work. Why should racers that are marshalling get 5 less minutes to work on there cars? BTW thanks Al for not screaming at me NOT marshalling on Friday as I had to many problems with my cars and also making sure that Austin and Harley were up to par..... Mind you again this is just a suggestion i am in way someone of value to make such requests, but I think we should try this just my 2 cents....

J-Milz
2011.01.31, 08:13 PM
Pucho that was discussed a few times before. There should be a table near the announcers stand for radios and cars. You're done racing you marshal period! I have been to a few tracks and that's how they do it. This marshal discussion has been a frequent topic since I started to race @ Action a 2 1/2 years ago.

On a side note, I was giggling to myself on the topic of new racers. I remember the faces when I showed up for the first time. :D

Kevin- When are we doin farmingdale?

PadrinoNY
2011.01.31, 09:31 PM
Listen J my stuff came in on Saturday from EGR. Check you email and track the package through the USPS. Those motors according to them have been in stock since before the begging of the year. I have an email address of one of the big wigs there and inquired. You can also send them your account email address to find out about it but, the chinese lunar new year starts tomorrow according to us, today by there time line.

KA2AEV
2011.01.31, 10:17 PM
Only Potter scares people away. ;)

He still scares me and considering my line of work, thats tough to do :D

Fifty7
2011.02.01, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't you just wanna cry?

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/31/video-this-is-not-how-you-make-a-ferrari-f150/?icid=maing|main5|dl5|sec3_lnk2|40511

knightrider
2011.02.01, 01:49 PM
My new 2 degree knuckles are registered weapons

Slapstick10
2011.02.01, 02:02 PM
I didn't know they registered 2nd degree knuckle heads. Kind of like a 2 degree in karate!!!!!!:D

SaiTam
2011.02.01, 02:48 PM
My ultra hard shaft is the ultimate weapon.

Fifty7
2011.02.01, 02:53 PM

:eek::eek:Whoa!!! Whats going on here?

SaiTam
2011.02.01, 02:58 PM
I am referring to the new Ti-Gear Diff. Shaft.

Fifty7
2011.02.01, 03:21 PM
I am referring to the new Ti-Gear Diff. Shaft.

Phewww, thank goodness:p

ShortBus
2011.02.01, 03:22 PM
ok, good thing cause I was going to have to ask him to put that 1/4" killer away :)

SaiTam
2011.02.01, 03:41 PM
Everyone has the same size diff shaft. Mine is longer running the LM setup.

ActionRC
2011.02.01, 04:01 PM
I recommend red and/or blue nuts until they get loose and hit the track. Red and blue nuts seem to be tighter than purple nuts I've seen. Danny bent his shaft last night. He stuck it right in my face and showed me. :eek:

Kev - Kyosho is already out of SVT's. I have two standard Murcielagos coming back in (they were out of Yellow Corns) because they are the last 98's in stock. It's all 94's and 90's after that until a new one comes out.

Pucho - I agree about marshalling. Ideally, everyone would be out there because we would know exactly who is holding up a race each and every time. I do like the current way we do it, where everyone marshals at least once. At least I get the people who like to get it over with first, and then I know who didn't do it towards the end, but yes, it would be great if everyone were out there. That's the way the big tracks do it, but it's more necessary in that type of setting.

Marty - Looks like the Ferrari was the guilty party.

ActionRC
2011.02.01, 04:29 PM
The HPI 1/32 car is out! If anyone wants one, let me know!

ActionRC
2011.02.01, 05:12 PM
Everyone has the same size diff shaft. Mine is longer running the LM setup.

I heard yours was thinner. :p

EMU
2011.02.01, 05:19 PM

What is the price tag on it?

My power supply went down on my laptop last week... I finally got a replacement :) So much to catch up on now...

Sai, do you happen to polish your ultra hard shaft before you race? Maybe that helps you settle your nerves and drive so well :rolleyes: My shaft should be just as long, and as hard... but it has a nut, that occasionally gets hair stuck around it when im using it. I hate having to pull the hair out of the nut on my shaft.

GTR driver
2011.02.01, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;404621]The HPI 1/32 car is out! If anyone wants one, let me know![/QU

Looks interesting

SaiTam
2011.02.01, 06:14 PM
What is the price tag on it?

My power supply went down on my laptop last week... I finally got a replacement :) So much to catch up on now...

Sai, do you happen to polish your ultra hard shaft before you race? Maybe that helps you settle your nerves and drive so well :rolleyes: My shaft should be just as long, and as hard... but it has a nut, that occasionally gets hair stuck around it when im using it. I hate having to pull the hair out of the nut on my shaft.

My shaft has been neglected. I only clean it once every few months. I hope it does not require a rebuild.

Fifty7
2011.02.01, 06:42 PM
My shaft has been neglected. I only clean it once every few months. I hope it does not require a rebuild.

I had mine cut so it doesn't cause any "accidents"

sjm324
2011.02.01, 08:35 PM
Can we please keep the shaft and nut talk to minimum...you guys are starting to freak me out:d

al - how much for the hpi cars - i probably want one

J-Milz
2011.02.01, 10:09 PM

I'd like to see it in person. And no, not any of you guys shafts, so dont think about it! :eek:

KA2AEV
2011.02.02, 07:10 AM

Sai is your new nickname tripod by any chance?:D

rajiex
2011.02.02, 09:31 AM

All of you are starting to scare me!!!

Sai - Al has Kyosho ball diff grease in stock for your rebuild or to get the rust off. Are you going to show up tonite. I want batteries.

Slapstick10
2011.02.02, 12:07 PM
Here are the results for week 4

ActionRC
2011.02.02, 12:14 PM
Hahahaha! That is funny stuff right there! :D Great one, Eugene! I was wondering what happened to you - you've been so quiet! Hope you guys can come down this weekend. Is Shafiq back up and running? You guys have been missing some great racing.

The announcement says suggested price is $99.99 on the HPI, so I can do them for that price.

See everyone tonight! I cannot wait to race after spending all of Monday night filing papers and getting 2010 tax stuff together! (Boooorrriinnggg!)

Fifty7
2011.02.04, 01:15 PM
Wow. 2 days with no comments. Everyone must be busy at work.:p

ShortBus
2011.02.04, 01:50 PM
I think everyone's frozen in place from the ice storm :)

ActionRC
2011.02.04, 03:40 PM
If my busy-ness over the last two days is any indication of our economy on the rise, we're all gonna be just fine! I have been swamped!

I'm really looking forward to racing tonight. Ant and I had great battles all Wednesday night. Each one of us won and lost 2 & 2 between the qualifiers and the main. He's faster, I'm more consistant. It's anyone's race. He catches me, crashes, catches me, crashes, etc. :D

ActionRC
2011.02.04, 03:41 PM
I think everyone's frozen in place from the ice storm :)

Jeff is stuck under a tree branch in his front yard!

Slapstick10
2011.02.04, 04:14 PM
Tax season do I have to say more. This has been the roughest start of a year for as long as I can remember. I thought I might take a few days to dot my i's and cross my T's so I dont get audited.

OK the Dream Team Cup Trophy's are ordered and will be in my possesion by March 4'th.

I too as Al am looking forward to racing tonight.

DKR is in full force tonight and looking to steal some much needed points!

I think its amazing that Austin and I have managed to stay in 3rd place without an A Main driver present on a regular.

DMS1 has an overwhelming lead at this point ......but is very catchable.

See everyone tonight!

Slapstick10
2011.02.05, 06:14 PM
Here are some pic's of the boys donating their time to make Action a better place. We now have a 24 foot drivers stand that is .....lets say amazing! Our cost was a little over budget but well worth it

J-Milz
2011.02.05, 08:56 PM
Lookin good Action! Loving the drivers stand, it looks awsome. See what happens when we put our heads together and put our resources towards the track and not our individual teams....Now if we can get some inventory (Atomic) we would be deadly! :D

ocean rodeo
2011.02.05, 10:51 PM
Hey guys, new to the area and would like to come up and run my F1 car sometime this week. Can someone help me out with a decent set up? Thanks. Looking forward to running on the track. It's been too long.

Scrapper
2011.02.06, 01:35 AM
Aren't u from MIA

GTR driver
2011.02.06, 05:28 AM
Looks good! Are you guys planning on painting it? Perhaps to match the announcers stand?

ocean rodeo
2011.02.06, 07:11 AM
Aren't u from MIA

From Los Angeles to Miami now back to Jersey. Family matters.

danny250r
2011.02.06, 09:48 AM

cool stop by on monday its a great night to work on your set ups :D

danny250r
2011.02.06, 09:51 AM
Looks good! Are you guys planning on painting it? Perhaps to match the announcers stand?

we where thinking of painting it orange ...lol j/k we are looking to get some kind of carpet for it black or gray keep your eyes open for some . carpet needs to be at least 4by 26:D

danny250r
2011.02.06, 09:52 AM

what part of NJ

ocean rodeo
2011.02.06, 10:19 AM
what part of NJ

Manahawkin. I'm about 70 miles south of Action.

danny250r
2011.02.06, 10:37 AM

thats not to bad well worth the trip .

Slapstick10
2011.02.06, 11:41 AM

If memory serves me it like exit 63 on the GSP. Its about an hour, nice drive but .....staight and smooth.

The driver stand- Lets paint it red with black carpet on top. The Kyosho sign in the hallway by the dremmel room we will put as a back drop by the stand.

I got the Super Bowl Blue's......I'm sick as a dog lol!:(

KA2AEV
2011.02.06, 12:00 PM

Welcome!!!
Monday nights and Saturday Afternoons are a great time to practice!!!

KA2AEV
2011.02.06, 12:03 PM
we where thinking of painting it orange ...lol j/k we are looking to get some kind of carpet for it black or gray keep your eyes open for some . carpet needs to be at least 4by 26:D

If you're gonna paint it
Might I suggest dropping some sand in the paint as you apply it
This will make it skid free
and since so many of the drivers go outside after certain races that
the platform might get awee bit slippery
Also remember that if its carpeted (is that a word?) that we'll have
to vacuum it, just painting it will just require a quick sweep

KA2AEV
2011.02.06, 12:06 PM
I got the Super Bowl Blue's......I'm sick as a dog lol!:(

You're just a frustrated Jets Fan :D

GO STEELERS!!!
(Yunz wouldn't understand, Its a Burgh Thing!):D

Scrapper
2011.02.06, 12:17 PM
where do they race in miami
I might move down there soon

KA2AEV
2011.02.06, 12:31 PM

WHAT?
And we would loose the Great Stugotz?:eek:

Say it ain't So!

Scrapper
2011.02.06, 12:42 PM
in miami almost came home with the grammys
big pun

ocean rodeo
2011.02.06, 01:51 PM

The only dedicated min-z track A&E closed over a year ago. It's a shame because the place had great potential. Two owners, one was flakey. The only place left is called extreme hobbies, they have a mini-96 with two expansion sets. That place is really small. Myself and like three others were the only survivors. I haven't been there since I moved out here in April. The scene is dead is what I heard last.

Slapstick10
2011.02.06, 02:18 PM
The only dedicated min-z track A&E closed over a year ago. It's a shame because the place had great potential. Two owners, one was flakey. The only place left is called extreme hobbies, they have a mini-96 with two expansion sets. That place is really small. Myself and like three others were the only survivors. I haven't been there since I moved out here in April. The scene is dead is what I heard last.

We'll we have a few guys who travel and I would love to run my F1. It really is a straight run for you from manahawkin. I look forward to meeting you and welcome. We have a steady amount of racer's and all ages. Its a real fun setting.....Its worth the trip! If you click on the link on my signature for the Winter nationals it will re-direct you to the Action RC website. There you will be able to see the track and some of the guys in there pitts. The rule and regs are also posted there to help with setup and parameters. :D

ocean rodeo
2011.02.06, 03:33 PM
Yeah i'm definitely going to come up. This Monday is no good, but I think I will come up during the week to check it out. I've seen the website this place looks really fun. Can't wait.

KA2AEV
2011.02.06, 05:36 PM
That Harley is really too much
She trounced Golddust and myself in the great shopping cart race
at Pathmark today

Congrats Harley! :D

Slapstick10
2011.02.07, 09:12 AM
That Harley is really too much
She trounced Golddust and myself in the great shopping cart race
at Pathmark today

Congrats Harley! :D

So I read this post and said WT............ I have to ask my wife what had happened. A packing groceries contest........really........thats too funny Mike! I feel that you were un fairly beaten here. Harley has had years of packing experience because she goes every week. I see a great rivalry in the making. But lets save it for the track.:D

My wife said this was the funniest thing she ever seen watching Golddust and Harley going at it in Pathmark!!:D

bermbuster
2011.02.07, 09:28 AM
Yeah i'm definitely going to come up. This Monday is no good, but I think I will come up during the week to check it out. I've seen the website this place looks really fun. Can't wait.
The only other days Action is open during the week is Wed and Friday afternoons/evenings.....:D:

KA2AEV
2011.02.07, 09:58 AM
The only other days Action is open during the week is Wed and Friday afternoons/evenings.....:D:

No Berm it is open on Saturdays as well from 12-5pm for open practice
and Tune & Test

bermbuster
2011.02.07, 10:11 AM
No Berm it is open on Saturdays as well from 12-5pm for open practice
and Tune & Test
Not to be a wise guy....
Saturday is the weekend....:cool:

ActionRC
2011.02.07, 03:22 PM
Ok, just to clarify the hours for Ocean...

Monday 7-10: Open Practice
Wednesday 7-10: Wednesday Points
Friday 6-11: Friday Points
Saturday 12-5: Open Practice

Monday and Saturday are best for an F1 because you can run laps and check your lap times (if you have or purchase a CORE card.) You may want to consider investing in an MR02 or MR03, as those are our regular class cars, and you'll be able to race them any night.

Did anyone take into consideration the size, weight and volume of the groceries for the Pathmark 500 (or of the competitiors for that matter?) :rolleyes:

Stu in Miami? Another Will Smith parallel to Stu!? AND his parents just don't understand? You are the true Fresh Prince, Stu. If only you were from West Philadelphia born and raised.

Friday racing was awesome. I'll have points done soon, but it's been really busy again at work today. I love the new drivers stand. I still have red and grey paint, and maybe we can get Joe G to get 8 or 9 of those carpet sample mats to attach to the top? Thanks, guys, for putting it together! I love it, and I think everyone will like the new perspective. :D

KA2AEV
2011.02.07, 04:47 PM
Not to be a wise guy....
Saturday is the weekend....:cool:

Not for those of us who work Saturdays and Sundays:rolleyes:

KA2AEV
2011.02.07, 09:25 PM

If only you were from West Philadelphia born and raised.

:D

You mean like This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmX65YTwA1Q&feature=fvst

ActionRC
2011.02.08, 05:13 PM
Hey, everyone! Points are updated on the website, and we have a few close battles, including a tie in both Wednesday and Friday series! Great to see close battles coming down to the wire!

The new driver's stand is awesome. It's comfortable, just the right size, and a great stage for impromptu performances and sexy model catwalk fashion shows. Thank you to Richie, Danny, and Scott for taking on that project. It's really cool.

I had to laugh last night when so many people commented that I was actually working on my cars last night! Not only was I working on them, I put new parts in them - not parts that I have circulated from car to car for 7 years like I usually do. I converted my 102mm Nascar to a 90-94 narrow, and I put toe in in my MR02. I am almost finished with the 90-94 conversion, but I have to open up the holes in the lower plate, but ran out of time. They are a little too tight to fit over the posts in the chassis cover. Othrwise, it's coming out really good. I even put a NEW 70 turn in!

Looking forward to racing tomorrow!

knightrider
2011.02.08, 05:58 PM
what's rob's (the A Main driver) 'handle' on this website guys? This is Anthony, thanks

Rob B
2011.02.08, 08:30 PM
what's rob's (the A Main driver) 'handle' on this website guys? This is Anthony, thanks

Whats up anthony??

Scrapper
2011.02.08, 08:44 PM
el nino we needa have all wheel drive round 2 tomorrow
W

SaiTam
2011.02.08, 10:43 PM
ICannTellSTuwastypinfromhismobilephooneE

Scrapper
2011.02.09, 06:53 AM
Lol sai true

Slapstick10
2011.02.09, 09:54 AM
Here are the standings so far as the weeks progress! DMS1 managed to hang on to the lead even with 2 drivers camping their A$$es off!:D

Slapstick10
2011.02.09, 12:17 PM
Some of you know that we embarked on a little project last week. All who donated $5 we ty very much however we ran short. If you can donate another $5 it would be great. I will not be there on friday please give the money to Al or Danny.

Mike Sam sold us on the idea of paint and sand. So be it! I think its a good idea. My concern would be puddles if feet are wet. I've been told I'm putting way to much thought into it....LOL. Paint and sand it is!

Scrapper
2011.02.09, 12:41 PM
Scott are you going to action tonight
BTW got a new cell can u text me ur number

Al repeat of 5 min Shootout is a musy

Slapstick10
2011.02.09, 12:53 PM
Yes I will be!

Fifty7
2011.02.09, 01:37 PM
I'm either drunk or dreaming. I thought i just read something about Al working on his cars and new parts. Has to be some mistake. If anyone says you actually put new tires on then i know i'm hearing things. :eek:

Did my new car come in? Gonna try and stop by and pick it up tonight if you have it.

Slapstick10
2011.02.09, 03:28 PM
I'm either drunk or dreaming. I thought i just read something about Al working on his cars and new parts. Has to be some mistake. If anyone says you actually put new tires on then i know i'm hearing things. :eek:

Did my new car come in? Gonna try and stop by and pick it up tonight if you have it.

Yes it was amazing....I can confirm that Al has put about an hour and a half into his cars this monday. I saw him take some new parts right off the wall!;)

ActionRC
2011.02.09, 03:36 PM
Marty - I did get Kyosho in, so I should have your car and Kev's. You might still be half asleep: While I did put new parts on my Nascar/Narrow car, I am going to try to run the Nascar tires. I liked them on Shafiq's Lancia, they look cool, and those tires hold the Nascar road course championship!

Stu - Coming on a Wednesday??? Cool.

Joe G - Can you hook us up with some carpet samples for the driver's stand?

Scott - Instead of hitting the same people up for more, maybe some of the people that haven't contributed can contribute? I'll give you more than I did already. I appreciate everyone's effort to help with upgrades to the facility - it's hard to come up with money for upgrades when you're trying to pay the rent, utilities, and inventory. I have so many ideas for improvements, but money never really allows them to come about. (PS - I took a 70 turn off the wall. I actually ordered the tie rods and 90-94 rear specially for myself - never even touched the wall!)

Ant - What website are you talking about?

Tom - When are you going to see the Justin Bieber movie? (We all know you ARE going! I'm pretty sure I will be to with an 11 year old daughter. I wanna see if your big head is sticking up in the silhouette of the crowd!)

See everyone in a little while!

Scrapper
2011.02.09, 03:38 PM
Al u better get ur Awd. Ready

philly123
2011.02.09, 03:43 PM
Guna try to make it out on friday with little guy Vinny. What are the classes for friday nights? still wide and narrow? and doors open at 6 this friday?

Fifty7
2011.02.09, 04:20 PM
Marty - I did get Kyosho in, so I should have your car and Kev's.

Tom - When are you going to see the Justin Bieber movie? (We all know you ARE going! I'm pretty sure I will be to with an 11 year old daughter. I wanna see if your big head is sticking up in the silhouette of the crowd!)

See everyone in a little while!

OK, gonna try and swing by later. I am also trying to talk my wife into taking my daughter to the movie but so far all i'm getting is "No way, I sat through the Jonas Brothers for her":eek:

Slapstick10
2011.02.09, 04:28 PM
I've pretty much asked 85% of the flock. But also remember not everyones financial situation is the same and millionaires like dms can afford it! Mostly everyone threw money at me like I was cheap whore......and maybe I am. Don't know if they did it to benefit the track or shut me up but it was worth it. Right now I am working on carpet tiles for the floor, but that's going to take some doing. To raise the track off the concrete floor will enhance traction and flow of the car.

Scrapper
2011.02.09, 04:40 PM
Y not have the regulars throw some money and get carpet

J-Milz
2011.02.09, 05:20 PM

Stu... I thought you was new money? Why cant you fund a mahogany stand, with 24kt gold lion feet on the ends? LOL:D

Slapstick10
2011.02.09, 06:10 PM

The thought has crossed my mind a few times. However before a major change like that were to happen Actions customer base has to grow and the facility has to be profitable. More parts and stuff. Action is an awesome track with great people we are just helping Al with his vision. The DKR room wasn't built just for the club it was built to free up pit space on the main floor for new customers. I think we have made a lot of changes that benefit the track and we appreciate Al letting us make some changes to better the track!

hpotter
2011.02.09, 06:15 PM
millionaires like dms .

I wish someone would tell that to my wallet, bank and landlord.

Yes, I will be Biebering it at the movies.

ocean rodeo
2011.02.09, 08:27 PM
Does Acton stock Kyosho/PN F1 parts? I need to order some stuff if they don't before I come up. Mainly looking for front and side springs and slicks.

Kevin S.
2011.02.09, 08:37 PM
Does Acton stock Kyosho/PN F1 parts? I need to order some stuff if they don't before I come up. Mainly looking for front and side springs and slicks.
Hey Ocean,
Al Has all the parts you just mentioned. You can also give him a call at the track tonight if you like. The # is 718-317-5420

ocean rodeo
2011.02.09, 08:53 PM
Thanks Kevin.

ShortBus
2011.02.09, 10:20 PM
Al, using new parts????????? They must have been returns without the packaging??

Scott, before we even think about carpeting - something needs to be done with the roof to stop all of our "drip-drips" :)

J-Milz
2011.02.09, 11:56 PM
But what you guys didn't see was the parts Al used were the open box and factory defect parts! :D

monkey19
2011.02.10, 07:26 AM
Joe G - Can you hook us up with some carpet samples for the driver's stand?I]

sure no problem but they are all diff colors, how about a heavy low pile carpet that we can cover the entire stand with?

Fifty7
2011.02.10, 08:55 AM
I wish someone would tell that to my wallet, bank and landlord.

I'm with ya, if DMS is the millionaire team I have misrepresented myself and am on the wrong team. My daughter is going for braces today so i may be asking for donations of my own:eek:

something needs to be done with the roof to stop all of our "drip-drips" :)

That's not nice Jeff. Those are paying customers you're talking about

Cant wait for racing tomorrow. Al - will a decision be made Friday on the 3rd class for the Winter Nats?

ActionRC
2011.02.10, 09:30 AM
sure no problem but they are all diff colors, how about a heavy low pile carpet that we can cover the entire stand with?

Glad you checked this, Joe! We can fit 8 or 9 of those sample-sized mats on the stand, so even if we had 3 or 4 different colors (maybe int he blue/grey color family) it would look pretty cool. Of course, wrapping the entire stand in low pile would be awesome, and would eliminate the need to paint the stand.

Phil - Clases are still the same, and Jeff opens the doors at 6.

Ocean - Kev saw your post while we were standing in front of the F1 section. I have the parts you mentioned. If you want me to pull them for you, just tell me when you'll be around and I'll hold them for you.

Marty - It's looking like Pan Car 50T BB - possibly a handout motor class. Will post and email formally soon.

Good to see Sai, Stu, and Javier last night. We had a really nice turnout last night, and some incredible races! Already looking forward to racing Friday!

mleemor60
2011.02.10, 09:41 AM
Save the front of the drivers stand for advertising.

SaiTam
2011.02.10, 11:23 AM
Videos are up but I think I hit the wrong focus mode for the A-Main; so Rob_B had a blurry win. From the B-Main video you can see the improved lighting and the great drivers' stand. Great layout and track seems to be smoother than usual. However, I still have trouble finding front grip. I tried 4 different pairs of tires but still couldn't find the right tires.

Slapstick10
2011.02.10, 11:30 AM
Al, using new parts????????? They must have been returns without the packaging??

Scott, before we even think about carpeting - something needs to be done with the roof to stop all of our "drip-drips" :)

Drip-Drips are out of our control.....I'm not even gonna think about repairing a roof. The driverstand is made out of 2x10 and a 3/4 sheet of plywood. That stand will last longer then the building. Where we place the driverstand was stategic to optimize minimal water damage. Another words water is a non factor.

Save the front of the drivers stand for advertising.

Good luck with that one!

I am still a fan of paint and sand. because of the amount of traffic the carpet is going to get its going to fray and wear.Not to mention unless it a commercial grade with rubber backing its going to stink when wet. Its like leaving a wet mop on a wood floor for a long period of time. And remember the top of the stand is 3/4 plywood and is the weakest point of the stand. And everyone knows water standing on plywood for a long period of time doesn't work out so well. Just my opinion!

Kevin S.
2011.02.10, 11:47 AM
Thanks Kevin.

No problem Ocean...Anytime

fraga
2011.02.10, 11:48 AM
Videos are up but I think I hit the wrong focus mode for the A-Main; so Rob_B had a blurry win. From the B-Main video you can see the improved lighting and the great drivers' stand. Great layout and track seems to be smoother than usual. However, I still have trouble finding front grip. I tried 4 different pairs of tires but still couldn't find the right tires.

Yep, looks like you either had it on manual focus and focused to a short distance, or you hit the macro button that prevented it to focusing on the correct distance.

Racing last night was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed that B main. Already looking forward to the next time.

fraga
2011.02.10, 11:53 AM
I am still a fan of paint and sand. because of the amount of traffic the carpet is going to get its going to fray and wear.Not to mention unless it a commercial grade with rubber backing its going to stink when wet. Its like leaving a wet mop on a wood floor for a long period of time. And remember the top of the stand is 3/4 plywood and is the weakest point of the stand. And everyone knows water standing on plywood for a long period of time doesn't work out so well. Just my opinion!

I agree; carpet will trap humidity and dirt, and will be more expensive and more difficult to maintain in the long run. What is wrong with leaving it as is? I like the look of wood and is not slippery at all :-) Would the wood get damage if left unpainted/untreated?

Kevin S.
2011.02.10, 11:54 AM
I am still a fan of paint and sand. because of the amount of traffic the carpet is going to get its going to fray and wear.Not to mention unless it a commercial grade with rubber backing its going to stink when wet. Its like leaving a wet mop on a wood floor for a long period of time. And remember the top of the stand is 3/4 plywood and is the weakest point of the stand. And everyone knows water standing on plywood for a long period of time doesn't work out so well. Just my opinion![/QUOTE]

I agree with Scott. I think the sand paint will work out much better than using carpet for the drivers stand. It is much easier to re-paint the drivers stand than to have to replace the carpet if it gets damaged. This is just my opinion...Al has the final say since it is his place.

GTR driver
2011.02.10, 12:03 PM

I agree with Scott. I think the sand paint will work out much better than using carpet for the drivers stand. It is much easier to re-paint the drivers stand than to have to replace the carpet if it gets damaged. This is just my opinion...Al has the final say since it is his place.[/QUOTE]

I'm with the sand paint also. If it gets wet, wipe it down.

hpotter
2011.02.10, 12:04 PM
Just add this to the paint...
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202033390/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Or even this-just not 100% sure if its for wood
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100146924/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

monkey19
2011.02.10, 12:49 PM
Sand mixed into paint is the best idea, especially for something that is raised off the ground and you have to step up on…. Safety is a big issue….plus you can use alternate colors to designate “driver space”

Sounds like you guys are trying to get the place in order that is great! If you need carpet/flooring for any other aspect of ARCMS let me know

Fifty7
2011.02.10, 01:07 PM
Am i still sleeping.... All these people (including me) agreeing with Scott??:eek:
Paint is definitely the better idea.

SaiTam
2011.02.10, 01:49 PM
Scott's MR-03 had a bad steering twitch; and Danny noticed his car sometimes behaves the same. I took a good look at Scott's car this morning and here is what I found. Hopefully this will solve the twiching mystery:

Video of twitching problem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IaUeJIqna4)

I noticed the Capacitor inbetween the motor wire outlets is missing; and one of the 104 capacitors is loose on the motor; and the motor would sometimes touch the shaft.

Capactitor intact:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/WithCapacitor.jpg

Capacitor Missing/burned off(Scott's car):
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/WithoutCapacitor.jpg

Example of motor can touching the shaft:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/dealerxing/Mini-z/IMG_0715.jpg

I believe the board can do without the capacitor; but the motor must have the two 104 capcitors intact. After soldering the 104 capacitor back on the car seems to be fine:

Video-Twtiching fixed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTtvh0Jxv7g)

Video-See twitching after I removed one 104 capacitor (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfzRryGtZiQ)

Hopefully this tip will help solve Scott's car problem and others such as Danny's and Rob's.

To make sure Scott's car is fixed properly, I will hi-jack his car for the next few days; run the $h1t out of it and return it wet. :)

Slapstick10
2011.02.10, 02:04 PM
It makes me feel all warm and Kozy inside but you guy's are not agreeing with me. We are agreeing with Mike S. Alls I did was weigh all of our options and this is the most logical one. Javier mentioned unpainted the problem with that is because of only being open 3 and half days the wood would be subject to extreme temp changes not to mention wear and tear and possible warping of the plywood if not sealed. By sealing it (Painting it) It will properly seal the wood and no moisture will be able to penetrate the wood. I feel if painted with sand the life expectancy of the stand will out live the life of any other options we have.

If Al agree's and we Paint instead of carpet...we might want to consider painting the spectator stands as well as the computer pitt.

Also Potter had mentioned a fresh coat of paint to the whole track. I'm not totally against this but Al brought up a concern and I agree with him. By painting the walls of the track floor itself will make the room smaller by appearance. Now a freash coat or color change to the hallways by the pitt area's might be fun and wake the place up a bit. Again just my opinion!:D