PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Slapstick10
2011.02.10, 02:11 PM
The motor wire hitting the shaft........probably......maybe....ok

The capacitor problem.....Reflex sold me the motor the way it was... not guilty I say.....LOL

I'm happy its a easy fix !

I was ready to do a Potter and toss the car in el garbago!!!!:D

TY Sai Tam your my hero today!

ShortBus
2011.02.10, 02:33 PM
Scott, go to a marine supply store and ask for non-skid paint. it's build to hold up to heavy traffic and moisture. Comes in many colors as well.

hpotter
2011.02.10, 02:38 PM
Thats very strange because My 70 Turn doesn't have any caps on it and I'm not sure but I don't think any of the new PN motors come with any caps on them...on the other hand my Atomic Stock does have them :confused:.

SaiTam
2011.02.10, 02:54 PM
Reflex original motor wires were not used in this case. One of the capacitors was lifted.

I sometimes don't run any capacitors, but that's due to the capacitor on the board is still intact. If your board is fine then I don't think you need capacitors.

Slapstick10
2011.02.10, 04:15 PM
Scott, go to a marine supply store and ask for non-skid paint. it's build to hold up to heavy traffic and moisture. Comes in many colors as well.

I think the red paint Al has in the other room is fine. Add a little sand and we are good!

Thats very strange because My 70 Turn doesn't have any caps on it and I'm not sure but I don't think any of the new PN motors come with any caps on them...on the other hand my Atomic Stock does have them :confused:.

Your PM working on it now!

Reflex original motor wires were not used in this case. One of the capacitors was lifted.

I sometimes don't run any capacitors, but that's due to the capacitor on the board is still intact. If your board is fine then I don't think you need capacitors.

Now you stuck your foot in your mouth! You were the one to solder the wires to the board and motor!:p

Slapstick10
2011.02.10, 04:24 PM
So now I joined Micro T forums to get rid of all the Losi parts scapper suckered me into.....LOL jk

He gave me approx $400 worth of parts. I put it on the forum for $160 best offer.

Al - The Avion is no good the battery wont hold a charge. It last for 3 seconds :( really wanted to use that thing.

danny250r
2011.02.10, 05:07 PM
red paint with sand would work and look the best , but let me know when who ever is going to paint it i want to sand and round all of the edges before :D

Slapstick10
2011.02.10, 05:37 PM
Provided Al's opinion about carpet is swayed , if you could sand and round on saturday I would say let's paint before closing. Al is going to open, I should be there around three. Let's finish this already. Mike sam has rollers and brushes also. Now if we could get Joe from DMS to paint that would rock!

SaiTam
2011.02.10, 10:36 PM
Everybody needs to watch this:

Typical ActionRC customers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44buAdsZgM)

I also have the forceful MicroT sale on video(Scott vs. Stu).:D

Slapstick10
2011.02.11, 07:52 AM
Everybody needs to watch this:

Typical ActionRC customers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j44buAdsZgM)

I also have the forceful MicroT sale on video(Scott vs. Stu).:D

Wow what is it pick on Scott day......lol Sai you are too funny! That video is funny. I think you just soar that you got beat by a DKR driver in the main. As Adam and I get on our boat later while you guys are fighting to make the A , we will be having ****tails and making large wager's on some old but good table games;) While one of you is wrenching your car and frustrated I'll be dancing my A$$ off like John Travolta. No town Deli for us tonight .....tonight we have steak big pieces of steak. And for all you people who Boo! us when the DKR theme comes on ...don't worry danny has it in his phone. I wouldn't want you guys to have nothing Boo about! :D

SaiTam
2011.02.11, 10:34 AM
Pick on Scott Day 2 begins!

My heart is still sour since Wed. I thought I was unblockable but DKR blocker got skillz; just check out the blurred video. Update - my tears fell on your car while testing and destroyed every FET there is. Where are you and Adam heading to?

ActionRC
2011.02.11, 02:24 PM
I was always for painting the drivers stand. I just thought we should put carpet sample mats on top of it and carpet-tape or staple them down to show people where to stand, to give grip and softness, and to look good. I have plenty of paint for this, and I agree that painting Saturday afternoon would be wise so it can dry by Monday night. I think we just need sand. (I might have sandbox sand at home.)

The water in the corner is only bad because of the standing snow on the roof and the damaged gutter in the corner. It hasn't been bad with normal rain and weather. It wasn't anywhere near as bad Wednesday as it was Sunday and Monday when it was warmer and snow was melting.

The fridge and candy counter is fully restocked! :) Lots of new goodies!

I was thinking of looking into a bar or restaurant that has a big screen TV and maybe a section of a room that we can get together for the Daytona 500 on the 20th. Maybe someplace like the Lion's Den? Does anyone know of anyplace that might give us a section of a place to watch the race, eat, and drink? I wish we could rent a movie theater! Might be a fun way to watch the race and make fun of Crop as Junior loses again. :p

Have fun, Scott and Adam. Too bad one-day cruises don't have RCP tracks. ;)

Fifty7
2011.02.11, 03:12 PM
Have fun, Scott and Adam. Too bad one-day cruises don't have RCP tracks. ;)

No RCP but they'll have each other :p

ActionRC
2011.02.11, 04:31 PM
I heard Scott and Adam are sharing a room so they can paint Murcielagos and rebuild diffs on the open seas. :rolleyes:

(Oh, wait - neither of them paint their own bodies!)

KA2AEV
2011.02.11, 06:10 PM
(Oh, wait - neither of them paint their own bodies!)

Ahem
Im not even going to go near commenting on that :D
And actually I suggest everyone else do the same
I hear that Don't Ask Don't Tell is in full effect at ARCMS :eek:

EMU
2011.02.11, 08:22 PM
Im guessing that Adam can paint Scotts body, and vice versa... ;) If they use day glow paint, it would look pretty interesting on the dance floor...

SaiTam
2011.02.13, 10:26 AM
I need to borrow anyone's loud cars for onboard filming at Action. Nat I hope you see this message.

Onboard Odyssey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0qo1myJ7Y4)

My Odyssey is not loud enough; some guys used to make their cars whine or sound like a Blow off valve when letting off, I need those cars. Red Ferrari 360 in video is Stuscrapper. Too bad Stu's loud AWD is out of commission.

KA2AEV
2011.02.13, 12:36 PM
i need to borrow anyone's loud cars for onboard filming at action. Nat i hope you see this message.

onboard odyssey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0qo1myj7y4)

my odyssey is not loud enough; some guys used to make their cars whine or sound like a blow off valve when letting off, i need those cars. Red ferrari 360 in video is stuscrapper. Too bad stu's loud awd is out of commission.

wow :)

Slapstick10
2011.02.14, 09:45 AM
Wow......I didn't know all of you would miss me that much!:p Happy Valentines Day to all of your wifes and girlfriends.

I have a thought and that would be to open the track on saturday from 3-10 for 2/19 and 2/26 to give working class stiffs a chance to Test and Tune their cars. This would only be for 2 weeks but would give people a chance like Marty or Mike S who cant make it during regular hours of operation on saturday. The winternationals are 3/5/11 nobody wants to be frustrated during a race.

On another note......An honorable mention. Tom from DMS has donated some extra trophies to the Dream Team Cup! Adam from DKR is donating some beverages! Jamil from Payne Racing is donating a 6 ft hero!

DKR News!

Shirts......I'm gonna go again today. I know some of you are being very patient and as soon as I get them I'll get them to you ! Scouts honor!

Slapstick10
2011.02.14, 11:32 AM
who's painting tonight?:D

ActionRC
2011.02.14, 12:54 PM
Scott - My plan is to paint tonight at 10:00 or earlier if no one is really driving at that point, but 10:00 will be the cutoff for the drivers' stand. People can still drive off to the side, though, after 10.) I'm thinking grey top, red sides and front.

Slapstick10
2011.02.14, 01:11 PM
Scott - My plan is to paint tonight at 10:00 or earlier if no one is really driving at that point, but 10:00 will be the cutoff for the drivers' stand. People can still drive off to the side, though, after 10.) I'm thinking grey top, red sides and front.

Mike sam has some brushes and rollers and I think Joe (DMS) is stopping by to help!

Danny- I hope we have time to round the edges. My fear is someone trips on the counter and falls into that point!;)

ActionRC
2011.02.14, 01:37 PM
My fear is someone trips on the counter and falls into that point!;)

Round edges or not, that's gonna hurt!

J-Milz
2011.02.14, 02:01 PM
Painting a r/c drivers stand on Valentines day??? Wow, I married the wrong woman. :eek:

ActionRC
2011.02.14, 03:51 PM
Haha - Valentine's Day will be over by around 7:00 in the Venditti house! We have our little gift-giving time with the kids, we'll eat dinner, etc., but they're all quick things. We never go out on Valentine's Day anyway - limited, overpriced menus at every restaurant? No thanks!

danny250r
2011.02.14, 04:52 PM
Mike sam has some brushes and rollers and I think Joe (DMS) is stopping by to help!

Danny- I hope we have time to round the edges. My fear is someone trips on the counter and falls into that point!;)

i wont be there tonight (scott i forgot my phone at work i will pm you later)

PadrinoNY
2011.02.15, 08:45 AM
Hey Scott the events page is updated. Tried texting about it I couldn't send it out.... Let me know if any other changes have to be made......

PadrinoNY
2011.02.15, 08:49 AM
For the rest of you guys that always say "I have to get a Pucho deal" I am selling one of my 5 MR03's. It's up in the marketplace. It's a LeMans setup fully decked out asking $200 the first $160 takes it.......

Slapstick10
2011.02.15, 09:55 AM

Not to be a douch...but how did that work out for you....lmao!!!!!:D

Painting a r/c drivers stand on Valentines day??? Wow, I married the wrong woman. :eek:

Red no less....lol
For the rest of you guys that always say "I have to get a Pucho deal" I am selling one of my 5 MR03's. It's up in the marketplace. It's a LeMans setup fully decked out asking $200 the first $160 takes it.......

I'll trade you a TT01 or SC18.

ActionRC
2011.02.15, 12:55 PM
Hi everyone! Well, the driver's stand is prepped to be painted, but by the time I finished sanding it, I was mentally and physically done. It'll get done maybe tonight or tomorrow night now that it's sanded.

Points are updated, and we are going into the final week for both Wednesday and Saturday. CHECK THIS OUT!

WEDNESDAY:
Div 1: Rob clinched last week. Nat and Danny 1 point apart for second! Scott just 3 points down.
Div 2: I am 1 point ahead of Ant, but he's got a lower drop than me!

FRIDAY:
Div 1: Tom leading Nat by 1 point! Nat has 1 point lower drop!
Div 2: Dominator leading Scott by just 2 points! Scott has one point lower drop!
Div 3: Austin and Kevin A. TIED for lead! Kev has 1 point lower drop!

Div 1 Narrow: Tom leads Nat by 1 point again!Nat has 2 point lower drop!
Div 2 Narrow: Ant has me by 2 pointswith 1 point lower drop!

SOME OF THE CLOSEST BATTLE ACROSS THE BOARD THAT WE HAVE HAD GOING INTO THE FINAL WEEK!

Nascar fans: Join our league for NASCAR Fantasy Live! Mike S started a fantasy league listed under ActionRCSpeedway.com.

The password to join is @ction - spread the word!

League URL: http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/leagues/8169/registration?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d573f7e6742c19f%2C0
League Name: ActionRCSpeedway.com
League Password: @ction

I'LL SEE EVERYONE TOMORROW! :D

Slapstick10
2011.02.15, 03:00 PM
Hi everyone! Well, the driver's stand is prepped to be painted, but by the time I finished sanding it, I was mentally and physically done. It'll get done maybe tonight or tomorrow night now that it's sanded.

Points are updated, and we are going into the final week for both Wednesday and Saturday. CHECK THIS OUT!

WEDNESDAY:
Div 1: Rob clinched last week. Nat and Danny 1 point apart for second! Scott just 3 points down.
Div 2: I am 1 point ahead of Ant, but he's got a lower drop than me!

FRIDAY:
Div 1: Tom leading Nat by 1 point! Nat has 1 point lower drop!
Div 2: Dominator leading Scott by just 2 points! Scott has one point lower drop!
Div 3: Austin and Kevin A. TIED for lead! Kev has 1 point lower drop!

Div 1 Narrow: Tom leads Nat by 1 point again!Nat has 2 point lower drop!
Div 2 Narrow: Ant has me by 2 pointswith 1 point lower drop!

SOME OF THE CLOSEST BATTLE ACROSS THE BOARD THAT WE HAVE HAD GOING INTO THE FINAL WEEK!

Nascar fans: Join our league for NASCAR Fantasy Live! Mike S started a fantasy league listed under ActionRCSpeedway.com.

The password to join is @ction - spread the word!

League URL: http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/leagues/8169/registration?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d573f7e6742c19f%2C0
League Name: ActionRCSpeedway.com
League Password: @ction

I'LL SEE EVERYONE TOMORROW! :D

For me this post is as good as a trophy ty Al!!!!!!!!

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 12:23 PM
Ok now I joined a NASCAR league and know nothing about it ! Lol

ActionRC
2011.02.16, 03:00 PM
I joined too! We still have a few more people that need to join to reach the 10 teams we need for our private league. I have the 14, 24, 18, 83, and 21. Who did you pick, Scott?

Everyone - the fantasy league needs to filled by Sunday at 1:00! Should be fun! We actually have good representation from our teams right now - DMS, DKR, and Hackstreet have team representation. Join now! It's quick and easy - and another thing to argue about! :D

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 03:52 PM
I joined too! We still have a few more people that need to join to reach the 10 teams we need for our private league. I have the 14, 24, 18, 83, and 21. Who did you pick, Scott?

Everyone - the fantasy league needs to filled by Sunday at 1:00! Should be fun! We actually have good representation from our teams right now - DMS, DKR, and Hackstreet have team representation. Join now! It's quick and easy - and another thing to argue about! :D

I have know idea what I'm doing but I have 48,18,33,47,60
Lol I be shocked if I don't come in last place!

J-Milz
2011.02.16, 04:01 PM
Don't feel bad Scott, I'm in too! We'll be fighting for the last position.

sjm324
2011.02.16, 04:10 PM
just joined the nascar league...cant wait more topics to argue about :)...i mean discuss lol...there is no skill needed...pick some drivers and hope they cross the line first...

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 04:19 PM
lets go to the bar to watch the datona 500 eat wings and argue about nothing paticular!:D

Slapstick10
2011.02.16, 04:23 PM
I think I picked 3 good guys and 2 longshots:cool:

ActionRC
2011.02.16, 04:45 PM
Scott: It goes by the addition of your team members - just like our Team Cup. Your team is actually not that bad. You're basically choosing a cross-section of Div 1 (48, 18), Div 2 (33) and Div 3 (47,60) drivers. What a concept!

Payne Racing representin' also!? Awesome! Let the bickering begin! :D

Fifty7
2011.02.16, 04:51 PM
I'm in. I got 14, 11, 39, 5, 21

bermbuster
2011.02.16, 05:19 PM
Im in the league too.....
we need one more team....:cool:

Kevin S.
2011.02.16, 05:41 PM
I am in as well...Don't know how this is going to work out for me but it should be interesting :D

Fifty7
2011.02.16, 06:31 PM
I did this last year on my own but didnt keep up with it and sometimes forgot to make my picks for the week. Should be fun now that we have a bunch of people involved

CDR racing
2011.02.16, 10:19 PM
I quit being a Dale Jr fan! Really? Has everything in the bag and goes and wrecks in practice? Come on. I think it's total BS that they're making him go to the back of the field. They make him run a race tomorrow in the Duels that means absolutely nothing, and the only result that can come from it is ruining a pole sitting car, then keep the rule that if he wrecks he has to go to the back of the pack. I call BS. If nothing else, take away his poll but let him race his way back up from the back of the Duel race. So he still loses pole, but best case he still starts third. I hate the whole Daytona qualifying process.

Slapstick10
2011.02.17, 09:11 AM
It was a fun night . I'm glad that all the my semi hard tech work is sought of paying off. Ritchie , Ralph and Mark stopped by to play with little cars with us last night (From Brooklyn Hobbies) that was fun. I was standing next to richie racing and i noticed while racing richie was swaying to the part of the track he was racing on. I believe that it makes him a better racer. I have the narrow blue's.....my twitch still exists......Sai save my car.....please. This car is unbelievable to drive except when it steering goes wacky. My pan car is so dialed that my sloppy lines are the fault of this machine a better driver would place A main for sure. 3 quals and a main is what it took to finish with my full PN 03 for wide. Very edgy and on the brink of uncontrolable it at times is to much car for my novice driving. Thanks to nat helping me figure it out the setup to tone it down a little. After the race.....notice I say after the race Nat ran with me for 15 minutes straight and what a big differance. I will work on my second narrow car today we will start with a spur gear change from 48 to 64 and work from there. Nat I believe you driving style suits a pan car my friend ....build it and you will love it!
After a fierce shootout between Rob B and Richie L(our Richie) Rob beat richie 18-16 laps good job rob lmao!!!!!! I wont say it to loud but Rob had the fastest lap with 7 seconds:rolleyes:

Fifty7
2011.02.17, 01:35 PM
I quit being a Dale Jr fan! Really? Has everything in the bag and goes and wrecks in practice? Come on. I think it's total BS that they're making him go to the back of the field. They make him run a race tomorrow in the Duels that means absolutely nothing, and the only result that can come from it is ruining a pole sitting car, then keep the rule that if he wrecks he has to go to the back of the pack. I call BS. If nothing else, take away his poll but let him race his way back up from the back of the Duel race. So he still loses pole, but best case he still starts third. I hate the whole Daytona qualifying process.

You're a smart kid and you usually write posts that are easily understood. I know you're upset but your just babbling. I'm trying to figure out what you're most upset over. Starting at the rear is always the case when a car change occurs so it cant be that, what is it? You really didn't think he was gonna win, did you?:eek:

ShortBus
2011.02.17, 03:21 PM
Scott - did you post this past week's team standings?

CDR racing
2011.02.17, 06:09 PM
You're a smart kid and you usually write posts that are easily understood. I know you're upset but your just babbling. I'm trying to figure out what you're most upset over. Starting at the rear is always the case when a car change occurs so it cant be that, what is it? You really didn't think he was gonna win, did you?:eek:

My problem is with the whole qualifying system...it never made much sense to me anyway, but it just is clearer now since this showed how big the flaw in the system is. I'm all for the excitement they bring to the 500 by making them race their way in and stuff, but it just leads to the possibility for disaster. You're right it's always the rule that if you wreck your car you go to the back. But not every race is the 500. A normal race has an hour and a half of track time between qualifying and green flag, and in some impound races there's none. The 500 has 5 practices and the duels in between qualifying and race day. Each car has over 7 and a half hours of potential track time in between qualifying and race day. On top of that, for the guys who make the pole in qualifying, and hour of that time (the duel) is all risk and no reward, but they don't have an option they have to run it. Now factor in the fact that it's daytona where the packs are always tight, the cars are faster, and the wrecks are bigger. Is it fair to hold the cars to the same standards of durability over a seven and a half hour period at daytona as an hour and a half at every other track? It doesnt seem it to me. Especially when you're making drivers risk their cars for no reason during the duels. Now add in the fact that this particular 500 is like a C- elementary school science fair project. There are plenty of variables, and no controls. It's a different car, different set up package, different rules, and different track since its repaved. Basically the only control here is its still called the Daytona 500. And we won't even get our "conclusions" until after the science fair is over on Sunday. So through all this experimenting and uncertainty they put cars at greater risk of wrecking and then make them follow the same standards as any other race? Doesn't seem fair to me. And this isn't just a Jr. thing, Gordon could be in trouble too. Daytona is a track where because of the aerodynamics even the slightest damage can force a driver into a back up car. I only saw the second duel today, but judging by the one duel i count 6 or 7 cars who may need to go to back up cars for Sunday. I think NASCAR will have a serious issue on its hands with this one.

CDR racing
2011.02.17, 06:12 PM
P.S.- Sorry to Jamil and all the others who get annoyed when this turns into a Nascar forum lol.

Fifty7
2011.02.17, 07:08 PM
My problem is with the whole qualifying system...it never made much sense to me anyway, but it just is clearer now since this showed how big the flaw in the system is. I'm all for the excitement they bring to the 500 by making them race their way in and stuff, but it just leads to the possibility for disaster. You're right it's always the rule that if you wreck your car you go to the back. But not every race is the 500. A normal race has an hour and a half of track time between qualifying and green flag, and in some impound races there's none. The 500 has 5 practices and the duels in between qualifying and race day. Each car has over 7 and a half hours of potential track time in between qualifying and race day. On top of that, for the guys who make the pole in qualifying, and hour of that time (the duel) is all risk and no reward, but they don't have an option they have to run it. Now factor in the fact that it's daytona where the packs are always tight, the cars are faster, and the wrecks are bigger. Is it fair to hold the cars to the same standards of durability over a seven and a half hour period at daytona as an hour and a half at every other track? It doesnt seem it to me. Especially when you're making drivers risk their cars for no reason during the duels. Now add in the fact that this particular 500 is like a C- elementary school science fair project. There are plenty of variables, and no controls. It's a different car, different set up package, different rules, and different track since its repaved. Basically the only control here is its still called the Daytona 500. And we won't even get our "conclusions" until after the science fair is over on Sunday. So through all this experimenting and uncertainty they put cars at greater risk of wrecking and then make them follow the same standards as any other race? Doesn't seem fair to me. And this isn't just a Jr. thing, Gordon could be in trouble too. Daytona is a track where because of the aerodynamics even the slightest damage can force a driver into a back up car. I only saw the second duel today, but judging by the one duel i count 6 or 7 cars who may need to go to back up cars for Sunday. I think NASCAR will have a serious issue on its hands with this one.

See how much more coherent you are after you cool off. Now i understand what you're saying and i would have to agree. It is a big risk for the guys who qualified anywhere near the front. At least if Jr. wins let him claim the 3rd spot he earned.

CDR racing
2011.02.17, 07:56 PM
See how much more coherent you are after you cool off. Now i understand what you're saying and i would have to agree. It is a big risk for the guys who qualified anywhere near the front. At least if Jr. wins let him claim the 3rd spot he earned.

Exactly...the car he ran in the duels is the same car he'll run in the 500, so I think that performance should count. If he changed cars after the duels, which for all intents and purposes is the qualifying for the 500, then i guess it's fair to make him start in the back. It still sorta sucks that he has so much chance to ruin the car in 5 hours of practice but what can you do. Although this doesnt apply to junior because his position would have been set on qualifying, it does apply to every other driver: the normal rule during the season is if you don't run the car you qualified with in the race, you go to the back. Well if someone runs qualifying and doesnt get the front row, qualifying gets thrown out, and then if the driver wrecks like junior did and switches for the duels, they really qualified in the same car they race, so that should be fine. The fact that they have to try and get a car ready for the duels between wrecking on wednesday and racing on thursday should be bad enough.

Slapstick10
2011.02.17, 09:23 PM
Scott - did you post this past week's team standings?

Jeff you know what I forgot I'll do it in the morning .... Sorry !!!

ActionRC
2011.02.17, 10:09 PM
I agree with Crop. It was like here was no point for Jr and Jeff to run the duels. All it did was put good cars at risk.

Mike built a new league since we filled in the ten team limit very quickly:

League URL: http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/leagues/10607/registration?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d5cc6d00cca1288%2C0
League Name: ActionRCSpeedway.com 2
League Password: actionrc

Marty - You definitely have a good team. I didn't realize we pick drivers each week. That's cool.

I'll do Wednesday points tomorrow. I was off from work today. See everyone tomorrow! Can't wait to stand on the painted driver's stand! :D

KA2AEV
2011.02.17, 10:10 PM
Anyone know what the password is for ACTIONRCSPEEDWAY.COM 2???

GREGDGR81
2011.02.18, 12:46 AM
Anyone know what the password is for ACTIONRCSPEEDWAY.COM 2???

its actionrc P.S we need more guys on it.

KA2AEV
2011.02.18, 06:52 AM
Thanks Greg Im in

Fifty7
2011.02.18, 08:03 AM
I agree with Crop. It was like here was no point for Jr and Jeff to run the duels. All it did was put good cars at risk.

Mike built a new league since we filled in the ten team limit very quickly:

League URL: http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/leagues/10607/registration?sms_ss=email&at_xt=4d5cc6d00cca1288%2C0
League Name: ActionRCSpeedway.com 2
League Password: actionrc

Marty - You definitely have a good team. I didn't realize we pick drivers each week. That's cool.

I'll do Wednesday points tomorrow. I was off from work today. See everyone tomorrow! Can't wait to stand on the painted driver's stand! :D

If i remember correctly you have to make your picks every week up to about an hour before the race starts and the money amount changes week to week based on performance.

I hope Daytona is better than the duels (Especially the 1st one). I'm not happy with watching pairs of cars all day.

ActionRC
2011.02.18, 09:57 AM
They're talking about reducing the size of the air intake in the front, which they have done once so far this week, and even reducing the size of the restricter plate again. These new cars with the spoiler and new nose slice through the air completely differently than any other NASCAR race car ever has. It's interesting to watch to see who pairs up with who, and what happens when they have to swap to get air in the car, but it's more like watching a strategic race than a large group trying to hold it all together, and the large pack is what makes Daytona so awesome. The drivers still don't really know what it will take to win this race, because normally you wouldn't want to be in the front on the first half of the last lap, but so far it's been working out if your pair of cars is faster than the second pair. We'll just have to wait and see - and I can't wait! :D

I am so looking forward to racing tonight!

RichieL
2011.02.18, 11:09 AM
I set up my Team and theres only 6 spots left.

Slapstick10
2011.02.18, 02:00 PM
Why jamil gets upset when you talk about it? Why? I don't know a thing about NASCAR and all the chit chat helps understand it better!

Richie got beer?

Jeff I'm doing the points now!

Al......can you say soap box derby! I need you help big guy!

Slapstick10
2011.02.18, 02:50 PM
Wow alot of racers did not show up and the point scale raised but still have to be present to be a factor.

Dream Team Cup will be suspended for the week of March 4, 2011 in observation and preperation of the 2011 Winternationals. We will pick up the points again on 3/11/11 and add a week. 3/18/11 will be the final week and a winner will be declared. On 3/25/11 after the third qualifier trophy's and awards will be given out. We will have free food that was donated by Jamil and Adam.:D

I have not been paying attention but the track will be open from 3-10 on saturdays for the next 2 weeks so people who work can test and tune.

Fifty7
2011.02.18, 03:09 PM
Wow alot of racers did not show up and the point scale raised but still have to be present to be a factor.

Dream Team Cup will be suspended for the week of March 4, 2011 in observation and preperation of the 2011 Winternationals. We will pick up the points again on 3/11/11 and add a week. 3/18/11 will be the final week and a winner will be declared. On 3/25/11 after the third qualifier trophy's and awards will be given out. We will have free food that was donated by Jamil and Adam.:D

I have not been paying attention but the track will be open from 3-10 on saturdays for the next 2 weeks so people who work can test and tune.

What are we doing - best 7 out of 10 weeks like the individual series?

GREGDGR81
2011.02.18, 03:19 PM
I don't known if I like this kind of racing. Chevy with Ford,Dodge with Toyota. They look like they are glued together and they have to pair up to win. Its just weird. Ps Can't wait for tonight. :)

ShortBus
2011.02.18, 04:05 PM
Scott - I don't think your numbers aren't correct. You team scored 271 but you added 283 to your totals??

Fifty7
2011.02.18, 04:45 PM
Is anyone opening at 6 tonight?

ShortBus
2011.02.18, 05:12 PM
not me.......

KA2AEV
2011.02.18, 05:22 PM
Actionrcspeedway2 needs 4 more teams

Comeon guys!

CDR racing
2011.02.18, 05:40 PM
I don't known if I like this kind of racing. Chevy with Ford,Dodge with Toyota. They look like they are glued together and they have to pair up to win. Its just weird. Ps Can't wait for tonight. :)

Chevy with Ford, Dodge and Toyota is how it's been for four or five years now greg? Not sure what you're getting at here?

hpotter
2011.02.19, 03:41 AM
All I want to say right now is... last night of the point series and there are two shootouts to determine the winners and all four racers finish with the same amount of laps even though they were from different divisions...unbelievable. Congrats Dom :D.

Honorable mentions go out to the Mayor of Action (Scott), you represented very well especially being up against three rival team drivers :eek:.

Slapstick10
2011.02.19, 08:22 AM
Scott - I don't think your numbers aren't correct. You team scored 271 but you added 283 to your totals??

jeff - I really dont know what your talking about. DMS 2 got 283 all teams that were not there got 271. And the total for DKR black is 1636. maybe I missed something. Explain further.....If there was a mistake made I'll fix it but cant find it!

All I want to say right now is... last night of the point series and there are two shootouts to determine the winners and all four racers finish with the same amount of laps even though they were from different divisions...unbelievable. Congrats Dom :D.

Honorable mentions go out to the Mayor of Action (Scott), you represented very well especially being up against three rival team drivers :eek:.

IT really was alot of stress :eek: 2-DMS1 drivers and 1-DMS2 driver. However it was a really good race. I have never had an opinion about shootouts but without an excuse I just don't like it. The stress factor is unbelievable. I came in 3rd and was only like 6 seconds off the winner. Congrats to all the winners!

ActionRC
2011.02.19, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone! Sorry for the last-minute notice, but Action RC will be open for expanded "Test and Tune" Saturday sessions to help people prepare for the upcoming 2011 Winternationals! Today (2/19) and next Saturday (2/26) Action RC will be "officially" open from 12pm - 9pm. We may stay open even later, so give a call if you think you might want to come late.

Lots of new unpainted bodies - known for being some of the best on the track - arrived yesterday! It has been a long time since these were offered, so if you want one, come and get it! Bodies include the narrow 350Z Fairlady, narrow Nissan GTR, narrow Mitsubishi Lancer, wide Ferrari 360GTC and 430GTC, Ferrari Fxx and Enzo, and many others! Come get ready for the big race - while these bodies are available! Lots of new R246 knuckles in 0, 1, and 2 sizes are available also. If there is something you might want that I do not currently have in stock, let me know ASAP so I can be sure to get it in time for you.

See you all soon, and enjoy the Daytona 500 tomorrow! Go Tony!

ActionRC
2011.02.19, 11:08 AM
I have never had an opinion about shootouts but without an excuse I just don't like it. The stress factor is unbelievable. I came in 3rd and was only like 6 seconds off the winner. Congrats to all the winners!

Scott - That's what's so great about the tie-breaker shootouts. It's more exciting than looking at finishing orders to decide the Championship. I am so impressed with how last night went. As Tom said, for Div 1 and 2 to end in ties after TEN weeks is nothing short of amazing, and a true testiment to the quality of our points series. You couldn't plan a batter ending. The stress factor is WHY I race - I love stepping off the driver's stand and my hands are shaking - whether I won or lost. Racing intesity - it's why I do this!

Nat and Tom had a great battle, as did Dom and Scott. Everyone loved watching those races, so thanks for a great show! :)

ocean rodeo
2011.02.19, 08:31 PM
Which is the preferred front tire of choice at Action? I'm getting my 03 together for some racin'

Fifty7
2011.02.19, 08:51 PM
Holy Nationwide finish. Somebody please tell me they watched that race.

CDR racing
2011.02.19, 09:20 PM
Which is the preferred front tire of choice at Action? I'm getting my 03 together for some racin'

Of course this is a matter of personal preference, but I would have to say the most popular tire set up is Kyosho 20 radial rear and 30 radial front.

ocean rodeo
2011.02.19, 09:24 PM
Of course this is a matter of personal preference, but I would have to say the most popular tire set up is Kyosho 20 radial rear and 30 radial front.

Thanks CDR.

hpotter
2011.02.19, 09:58 PM
OK how is this possible...Scott and myself running cars all day no problems, all of the sudden were running with Nat and Scott turns a corner and sees smoke, end result another blown FET...a few laps later my car just decides to lose all power except for steering but the power returns in a few seconds (no heat at all to report), my car did this for 4 laps in a row...next the light above Als workstation just starts to blink on and off by itself. This all happened within 15 minutes. Nat was not affected at all except he got a chill right before the light went nuts. Anyone have a clue whats going on?

GREGDGR81
2011.02.19, 11:53 PM
OK how is this possible...Scott and myself running cars all day no problems, all of the sudden were running with Nat and Scott turns a corner and sees smoke, end result another blown FET...a few laps later my car just decides to lose all power except for steering but the power returns in a few seconds (no heat at all to report), my car did this for 4 laps in a row...next the light above Als workstation just starts to blink on and off by itself. This all happened within 15 minutes. Nat was not affected at all except he got a chill right before the light went nuts. Anyone have a clue whats going on?

I do........... Ask Al

Slapstick10
2011.02.20, 12:12 AM

I agree with cdr but I like to switch between radial and slick for the front!

Bro I don't know what to say I'm speechless 130 laps and a poof. And 4 times in a row on the same part of the track Tom lost power but not steering. And ALS overhead light went haywire. In 15 minutes .... I was there and still can't believe it! 2 narrow cars with issues with perfect setups on both. I give up, I'm done with narrow. 1 mr03 and an 02. I really am going to contact kyosho and ko there has to be some kind of interference somewhere. Maybe we have a Frankenstein in the area or something!

Fifty7
2011.02.20, 01:09 AM

The place is haunted

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 12:58 PM
I do........... Ask Al

I agree Talk with Al
He knows the whole story about that building
I'm suprised that you never heard about what happened there

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 01:47 PM
Looks to be a fun fast day at Daytona

sjm324
2011.02.20, 05:35 PM
Now if any of you nascar maniacs had trevor bayne in your fantasy line up i would be impressed....i would say that was a fair race, lots of cautions and i was not too crazy about the drafting

bermbuster
2011.02.20, 05:37 PM
Now if any of you nascar maniacs had trevor bayne in your fantasy line up i would be impressed....i would say that was a fair race, lots of cautions and i was not too crazy about the drafting

the drafting was insane.....reminded me of the LIE at 5pm on a weekday....:cool:

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 05:40 PM

Fairy Tales do come true
Just ask Trevor!
I didn't even know who he was before the race started;)

J-Milz
2011.02.20, 05:46 PM
I actuall enjoyed the finish of this race. That kid just hit the life lottery AGAIN!

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 05:52 PM
I actuall enjoyed the finish of this race. That kid just hit the life lottery AGAIN!

From what I've see so far about him, He's The Clean Cut All American Boy type with a great future in front of him now

Fifty7
2011.02.20, 06:00 PM

Start being impressed pal. The top 3 (Mike, Me & Al) all had him.

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 06:01 PM
Start being impressed pal. The top 3 (Mike, Me & Al) all had him.

Boy you guys kept that secret real good!

Slapstick10
2011.02.20, 06:16 PM
Boy you guys kept that secret real good!

Hey marty dont be so impressed with yourself.

My original picks were 47,18,33,48 and 60 which by the way didnt make it.

I changed my picks before the race to

22,18,5,21 and 1 for what ever reason it didnt take and if you dont believe me I texted al with the picks. I would have scored 307 vs my 188. Now when I see you guys have alot of questions about scoring. Now I was confused when on page 603 al said who did you pick.....so randomly I picked by 10:30 this morning I had new picks and they didint take. I thought I got them in but apparently not. But its ok very happy with the outcome for my picks.;)

Fifty7
2011.02.20, 06:34 PM
Hey marty dont be so impressed with yourself.

My original picks were 47,18,33,48 and 60 which by the way didnt make it.

I changed my picks before the race to

22,18,5,21 and 1 for what ever reason it didnt take and if you dont believe me I texted al with the picks. I would have scored 307 vs my 188. Now when I see you guys have alot of questions about scoring. Now I was confused when on page 603 al said who did you pick.....so randomly I picked by 10:30 this morning I had new picks and they didint take. I thought I got them in but apparently not. But its ok very happy with the outcome for my picks.;)

It's ok. That be impressed comment was only for Adam. LMAO @ "if you don't believe me ask Al". How old are we? ;) I told Al on Friday I don't expect to be anywhere near the top at the end of this thing. I'm not doing research or looking up stats. I'm picking the drivers I like and hope for the best. Oh yeah and the real reason I had the 21 in my lineup. He was cheap and all I could afford after picking the guys I liked and I did know him from watching Nationwide.

Slapstick10
2011.02.20, 06:40 PM
Yea your right .... Disapointed because the picks didn't take. Al is my proof childish yes but provable!

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 07:18 PM
Yea your right .... Disapointed because the picks didn't take. Al is my proof childish yes but provable!

Okay so I wasn't the only one who had trouble today then
Scott what time did you try and change yours?
I ws trying at about 10:30 this morning

Slapstick10
2011.02.20, 07:28 PM
From what I understand this was the superbowl of NASCAR. The website was not capable of handling the amount of people who were trying to stay logged on at one time. In reality it crashed or timed out. I tried about 10.30-11. Marty said he had problems also. The same thing happens with the triple crown also. NASCAR was the worst site you could have picked because of popularity. I said it to Marty it's basically Luck picking a winner but Jr looked good just wrong place wrong time!

KA2AEV
2011.02.20, 07:43 PM
Al you going to have the track open for practice tomorrow?

Golddust
2011.02.21, 12:33 PM
did you guys see that block bayne threw in the last lap:eek:

ActionRC
2011.02.21, 12:34 PM
Hey, everyone! Track is open for normal practice hours today at 7pm.

Yesterday's race was a good one. The two car drafts were interesting to watch, and so many drivers - big and small - were all in the running at the end - not just the big-money teams. Now that Daytona is over, the real racing begins. Daytona is a crapshoot. Trevor Bayne did an awesome job all week. He was the best pusher in all of the practices and Duels, and for Jeff Gordon to want to team up with him, you know the kid's got talent. It was a true Cincerella story. Now that some of the non-NASCAR fans had some exposure to the sport, it should be a lot of fun to pick next week's picks. I was happy with my picks, but Tony dropping to 13th and Jeff Gordon and Brian Vickers having trouble brought me down. I hope you all enjoyed watching it, and I had a great time hearing from everyone all day while watching the race and watching the points. It was a fun, new way to watch and enjoy the race more than I already do.

See everyone later!

Golddust
2011.02.21, 04:13 PM
i hate to be saying this but,ALL HAIL TREVOR BAYNE:eek::cool:

knightrider
2011.02.21, 05:47 PM
did you guys see that block bayne threw in the last lap:eek:

Yup I did. I honestly never stood up and clapped as long as I did when he won. I bet he's still saying 'Are You Kidding Me?!'

bermbuster
2011.02.21, 09:51 PM
What are the chances of a cinderella story at the 2011 WinterNats???:cool:

Slapstick10
2011.02.22, 12:33 PM
Slim to none George. My first choice would be Rob Bendall but unfortunatly he will be racing in MD this weekend. My in house Cinderella pick would be Nat from team DMS. He has graduated A Main and become one of the A Main elite.

My overall Mini Z Pick would be Mike Haynes if he were to come....that boy could dive a soap box and win.

My prediction for A Main will be Nat,Potter,Phil,Johnathon,Sai,Danny,Junior and Dave G.

I really dont know who signed up and I didnt ask. Writing this post I'm thinking a winternational pool.......on who will win. So many good driver and aggressive personalities. It should be fun.

just to cover my A$$ these are only opinions and not meant to insult anyone.:D

Scrapper
2011.02.22, 01:15 PM
Narrow and wide definitely Mr Tam

Slapstick10
2011.02.22, 03:06 PM
Narrow and wide definitely Mr Tam

I would say that too considering you have your own private pit crew!:p

Fifty7
2011.02.22, 04:18 PM
I would say that too considering you have your own private pit crew!:p

Are me and you aiming over our heads looking to make the B??:eek:

ActionRC
2011.02.22, 05:17 PM
I hope to win the D! :p

Slapstick10
2011.02.22, 05:31 PM
Are me and you aiming over our heads looking to make the B??:eek:

I don't know Marty my thoughts were to get my cars setup practice keeping my lines clean and let the chips lay where the fall. I'm gonna keep my own speed and do the best I can. I interested in driving with better drivers. Maybe this time someone might drive around me instead of going through me.

Hey al you aiming to low !!!! Lol. Why don't you give us a preview of who's registered already!

Fifty7
2011.02.22, 06:46 PM

i said nothing of winning :)

I don't know Marty my thoughts were to get my cars setup practice keeping my lines clean and let the chips lay where the fall. I'm gonna keep my own speed and do the best I can. I interested in driving with better drivers. Maybe this time someone might drive around me instead of going through me.

Oh, give the kid a break. That championship meant more to him anyway. Besides it's not like you've never gone through anyone.:eek:

Slapstick10
2011.02.22, 07:07 PM
That was not what I was referring to. Aside from the person of which you speak of ,there are a few others who do the same and that was who I was referring too. The difference in age is about 20 years actually. Point is if o can teach a 13 and 9 year old not to do it. Then why do I have to deal with it with adults! Now Marty it is true I had my moments but was schooled by some of the better drivers and grew out of it. Now to put this to bed once and for all, I have no issues with the shootout at all. I said my piece to Tom with compassion and not anger and it's over. I actually felt bad for him because he really didn't mean for it to happen. I honestly believe it took away from the great feeling of winning for him! On The other hand remorse shows growth and growth grows into greatness!

Fifty7
2011.02.22, 07:28 PM
That was not what I was referring to. Aside from the person of which you speak of ,there are a few others who do the same and that was who I was referring too. The difference in age is about 20 years actually. Point is if o can teach a 13 and 9 year old not to do it. Then why do I have to deal with it with adults! Now Marty it is true I had my moments but was schooled by some of the better drivers and grew out of it. Now to put this to bed once and for all, I have no issues with the shootout at all. I said my piece to Tom with compassion and not anger and it's over. I actually felt bad for him because he really didn't mean for it to happen. I honestly believe it took away from the great feeling of winning for him! On The other hand remorse shows growth and growth grows into greatness!

you want the adults to stop too. That's never gonna happen and i agree 100% on wishing it was something we didnt have to deal with

KA2AEV
2011.02.22, 07:53 PM
Onto something more serious
NASCAR LIVE has unlocked the rosters

Have At It Boyz! :D

Slapstick10
2011.02.22, 07:56 PM
Anyone use that pn 90-94 mount? Thoughts on it?
Great if I start picking now maybe my picks will get accepted!

KA2AEV
2011.02.22, 09:51 PM
Great if I start picking now maybe my picks will get accepted!

They will I just did mine
Just remember to save the roster when you're done

Fifty7
2011.02.23, 01:29 PM
Oh good, looks like if you don't log in and make changes you can keep your guys as is from week to week so if it slips your mind to check your roster at least you're still in for the week.

Fifty7
2011.02.23, 01:36 PM
Anyone use that pn 90-94 mount? Thoughts on it?

At one point I had it in my wide and narrow car (both Countach's). Both cars ran awesome. I also used it with the narrow ferrari 512bb with the 94mm lay down mount and that car was good. I don't remember why i swapped it out of the narrow car but i went to a 94-98mm mount on the ferrari f55 but this was my best narrow car ever until recently. I don't know enough about them to say why 1 mount would be better than the other but i never had a problem with it. The only negative thing i would say is you dont get much suspension out of the rear because it is so close to the chassis.

Slapstick10
2011.02.23, 01:40 PM
im a lttle concerned how the dampner is backwards thats why I sak

ActionRC
2011.02.23, 03:24 PM
I have some "bad" news. I am a tool, and I (we?) really messed up some math on Friday night. I just did the points from Wednesday and Saturday, which were the points finales from each series. We made some mistakes in our calculations, and did not take mains into accounts:

Div 1: Tom is not the champion. Nat's early drop of a 97 and Tom's drop of a 97 cancelled each other out, and because Danny was inbetween Tom and Nat on the track, Nat beat Tom by 2, leaving him with a 1 point advantage over Tom. Nat is the Champion! (Congrats, Nat. Sorry, Tom!)

Div 2: Calculations were correct, and Scott and Dom did tie at the end. However, what we did not realize was that Crop had 3 B's and 4 A's, so when he did not make the A, and made the B, he dropped to Div 2, beating both Scott and Dom. Crop is the Div 2 Champion! He did not TQ the B, so I couldn't even bump him up. I try not to look too hard at "who should be where" on the final night because I do like to see an honest finishing order, but I had no idea going into the mains that Crop making the B would have such an impact on the final standings.

Div 3: Austin did take the Championship with 5 points over Kevin A. Good work, Austin!

Narrow Div 1: Tom did win this one by one point. Sorry to take away the broom.

Narrow Div 2: I wish Ant showed up Friday! I beat him by one point to take the Div 2 Title from Scott!

Points are posted on the website. I really am sorry for not calculating the numbers right in my head on Friday, but I never have been good with math in my head.

Scott - I have the 90mm in my Datsun and love it! I think the travel is better than I thought it was going to be.

See everyone later!

Fifty7
2011.02.23, 04:47 PM
I have some "bad" news. I am a tool, and I (we?) really messed up some math on Friday night. I just did the points from Wednesday and Saturday, which were the points finales from each series. We made some mistakes in our calculations, and did not take mains into accounts:

Div 1: Tom is not the champion. Nat's early drop of a 97 and Tom's drop of a 97 cancelled each other out, and because Danny was inbetween Tom and Nat on the track, Nat beat Tom by 2, leaving him with a 1 point advantage over Tom. Nat is the Champion! (Congrats, Nat. Sorry, Tom!)

Div 2: Calculations were correct, and Scott and Dom did tie at the end. However, what we did not realize was that Crop had 3 B's and 4 A's, so when he did not make the A, and made the B, he dropped to Div 2, beating both Scott and Dom. Crop is the Div 2 Champion! He did not TQ the B, so I couldn't even bump him up. I try not to look too hard at "who should be where" on the final night because I do like to see an honest finishing order, but I had no idea going into the mains that Crop making the B would have such an impact on the final standings.

Div 3: Austin did take the Championship with 5 points over Kevin A. Good work, Austin!

Narrow Div 1: Tom did win this one by one point. Sorry to take away the broom.

Narrow Div 2: I wish Ant showed up Friday! I beat him by one point to take the Div 2 Title from Scott!

Points are posted on the website. I really am sorry for not calculating the numbers right in my head on Friday, but I never have been good with math in my head.

Scott - I have the 90mm in my Datsun and love it! I think the travel is better than I thought it was going to be.

See everyone later!

Definitely "we". I will take some of the blame for the A but only if you save me that point sheet that was hanging up Friday night so i could see where i went wrong. I am usually very good at math in my head. For the B your on your own. I did the math right between Scott & Dom and I honestly did not look at Crop but even if I did i would have thought a guy with 4 A's & 4 B's would be in the A. Sorry for the mix up:(

Slapstick10
2011.02.23, 05:23 PM
Lol I was eating a devil dog and almost choked........You guys are to funny.

OK so I asked about the 90mm pn mount because my narrow car glitches with the 94-98 pn mount with a fetted board. By process of elimination we figured this out. Now I'm wondering if because of the way the motor sits will I have the same problem with the new mount considering the old mount is LCG.

Congrats to Nat and Crop......Al, what a well you no.......thats funny! So much for a DMS sweep ty Crop.

I so got my cinderella ending!:D:D

hpotter
2011.02.23, 05:51 PM
Wait 4 A's and 4 B's drops you to the B? I was under the assumption that in a case like this the driver would be defaulted to the division that he/she was originally a part of... Div 1 driver A Div 2 driver B.

Slapstick10
2011.02.23, 06:19 PM
Wait 4 A's and 4 B's drops you to the B? I was under the assumption that in a case like this the driver would be defaulted to the division that he/she was originally a part of... Div 1 driver A Div 2 driver B.

No.....no don't ruin my Cinderella ending!!!! :D

Fifty7
2011.02.23, 06:26 PM

I have to admit i never really read the rules but now that i looked this up it's more confusing. It says - On the final points night, drivers with even numbers of different divisions end in the most recent and frequent division class.
The most recent would mean the last night i guess but most frequent doesn't make sense if you have even numbers of different divisions.

hpotter
2011.02.23, 06:34 PM
No.....no don't ruin my Cinderella ending!!!! Damn you potter! Damn you!:D

Not about any Cinderella ending...if Nat beat me by points I have no problem at all with that, congrats Nat :), but when you have 4 A's and 4 B's and your a Div 1 driver that totally puts the Div 2 driver (B main, of which you belong to :)) at a disadvantage. Like I said if your put in as a Div 1 driver and split the divisions equally you should be put in the division you were entered in at the beginning of the point series, to me that only seems fair, and we all know thats what I'm about :).

The only other fair solution I can think of to stop this from happenning again would be to make the point series end on an odd number of weeks to rule out any possibility of having even splits.

I want to see that point sheet also Marty!!

hpotter
2011.02.23, 06:44 PM
I have to admit i never really read the rules but now that i looked this up it's more confusing. It says - On the final points night, drivers with even numbers of different divisions end in the most recent and frequent division class.
The most recent would mean the last night i guess but most frequent doesn't make sense if you have even numbers of different divisions.

Really, what the H E double hockey sticks does that mean--who's making up these rules :eek::eek:??

Slapstick10
2011.02.23, 06:47 PM
It was all a plot to cause a disturbance in the relationship between dms and DKR. Now that hackstreet had succeeded they want to finish you off! Run.... It's a conspiracy I say!!!!!!:D

Fifty7
2011.02.23, 07:02 PM
Not about any Cinderella ending...if Nat beat me by points I have no problem at all with that, congrats Nat :), but when you have 4 A's and 4 B's and your a Div 1 driver that totally puts the Div 2 driver (B main, of which you belong to :)) at a disadvantage. Like I said if your put in as a Div 1 driver and split the divisions equally you should be put in the division you were entered in at the beginning of the point series, to me that only seems fair, and we all know thats what I'm about :).

The only other fair solution I can think of to stop this from happenning again would be to make the point series end on an odd number of weeks to rule out any possibility of having even splits.

I want to see that point sheet also Marty!!

How about this. We count 7 out of 10 so only count those and you can't have an even amount. Only count the weeks that havent been dropped. Now if you'll excuse me I'm watching Justin Bieber with my daughter and looking for Toms head. In 3D no less.

KA2AEV
2011.02.23, 07:07 PM
It was all a plot to cause a disturbance in the relationship between dms and DKR. Now that hackstreet had succeeded they want to finish you off! Run.... It's a conspiracy I say!!!!!!:D

Boy and they say I come up with some wierd stuff! :D

Slapstick10
2011.02.24, 11:03 AM
No.....no don't ruin my Cinderella ending!!!! Damn you potter! Damn you!:D

I must appologise to Tom for this statement, my Cinderella ending has come to an end but not at the hands of a DMS henchman. It has come to an end because the stars are not in line any more.

Cinderella INDEX:p

1) Tom does not win A Main Championship
2) Dom does not win B Main Championship and bragging rights!
3) Seeing Tom b!!!h to Al with no hope of him changing the rules for this series.
4) Seeing Al get a headache from someone other then me!
5) 3rd Qualifier A Group , starting in last position because of a pile up on turn 1 and coming back to win.....:D
6) A Main - Qualified 3rd
7) A Main - Finished 2rd behind Danny(DKR) and Infront of Rob(DKR)3rd
8) Sai Tam fett job.....Narrow is ready to kick some A$$!
9) Crop spoils a DMS clean sweep! this is priceless!

And my friends that was my Cinderella Ending! I really cant wait for saturday because the Test N Tune extended hours seems to pay big dividends! Yeaaaa babyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

SaiTam
2011.02.24, 11:44 AM
I need to add one: ScrapGotts outqualifies Al and wins B-Main with an MR-03!!!:D

ShortBus
2011.02.24, 12:03 PM
Scott - did you ever post this weeks team breakdown? Also, yes I misread last weeks, dm* dk* all started to look the same.

CDR racing
2011.02.24, 03:30 PM
Lol I was eating a devil dog and almost choked........You guys are to funny.

OK so I asked about the 90mm pn mount because my narrow car glitches with the 94-98 pn mount with a fetted board. By process of elimination we figured this out. Now I'm wondering if because of the way the motor sits will I have the same problem with the new mount considering the old mount is LCG.

Congrats to Nat and Crop......Al, what a well you no.......thats funny! So much for a DMS sweep ty Crop.

I so got my cinderella ending!:D:D

Since I made the mayor so happy, does this mean i get a "key to the city"?

KA2AEV
2011.02.24, 04:39 PM
Since I made the mayor so happy, does this mean i get a "key to the city"?

Careful you may just end up with a used Devil Dog!

ActionRC
2011.02.24, 05:18 PM
Haha! We all had a nice conversation last night about the way the points ended up, and I think I agree with Tom that in the event of even numbers of A and B mains, the driver should probably bump up. The leader of the Div 2 group would have no mathematical chance against a guy that ran in the A half the time. I will try a new strategy for the new series and I will carry drops down to the results section of the points, as well as the point values themselves. This will help me know what weeks to drop in the results and what results to not count to keep 7 of 10, therefore eliminating the chance for tied mains results. I hope this is clear. This is the first time this has ever happened that it caused a resultt hat didn't seem quite right, and as they say, we learn as we go. The system is still great considering this has only happened once on 36 series!

Now the question is, do we keep Crop the champ under the "old" system, or do we retroact the new rule and bump Crop back up into Div 1? (Can't wait to see this discussion! :D )

Fun night last night! Great crowd, and awesome races!

Fifty7
2011.02.24, 05:45 PM
Haha! We all had a nice conversation last night about the way the points ended up, and I think I agree with Tom that in the event of even numbers of A and B mains, the driver should probably bump up. The leader of the Div 2 group would have no mathematical chance against a guy that ran in the A half the time. I will try a new strategy for the new series and I will carry drops down to the results section of the points, as well as the point values themselves. This will help me know what weeks to drop in the results and what results to not count to keep 7 of 10, therefore eliminating the chance for tied mains results. I hope this is clear. This is the first time this has ever happened that it caused a resultt hat didn't seem quite right, and as they say, we learn as we go. The system is still great considering this has only happened once on 36 series!

Now the question is, do we keep Crop the champ under the "old" system, or do we retroact the new rule and bump Crop back up into Div 1? (Can't wait to see this discussion! :D )

Fun night last night! Great crowd, and awesome races!

I still want to see the sheet that was up there last Friday. Not to argue anything but just to see where I mad the mistake or my own future knowledge. As far as The Crop question. I'm not putting in my 2 cents because I am biased bc I feel bad for the kid but at the same time it wouldnt be fair to Crop either. Like you said the system worked for so long and we learn as we go.

KA2AEV
2011.02.24, 06:21 PM

!

I vote for a 5 minute shootout between Tom and Crop
with Dom, Scott and Golddust thrown in for the equalizers
That will really prove who has the mustard for the Victory!

Slapstick10
2011.02.24, 07:06 PM
As the mayor of this fine track. I would like to say that I believe that Crop should stay the winner because of the amount of time the rules have been in place. However I do feel that Dominic has been dealt a bad hand:(. I say give them both trophy's as I'm sure this will never happen again because we will fix the old and broken rules.

No matter how anyone feels about it the rules play here. As long as Tom is not the winner I'm fine with that:p. Crop no matter how bad he feels about it has to be crowned the winner because of the rules. You can not change the rules as you go 6 years into a point series. Give them both trophy's and call it a day. And change the rules before the next point series.:D

CDR racing
2011.02.24, 07:15 PM
[I]I try not to look too hard at "who should be where" on the final night because I do like to see an honest finishing order,

I'm a little confused by this statement? not sure what you mean here

Also, I don't understand why there's a mix up here? I thought the rule was if there is a tie for number of races in a main, the driver went to the division they were in last series? Maybe i was under the wrong impression idk but i could have sworn there was a system in place for this. Anyway I really don't care about the trophy losing a Division 2 trophy to Dom isn't going to bother me. (However, if the trophy is ever for Division 1 and we have some sort of situation, the heck with him!:D) I don't think it should be a tie should mean an automatic bump up though. You're wrong about a guy with even a Division 2 driver being able to compete with a guy running A's half the time. If we keep 7 races, the guy who has 4 A's is still competition for a guy who has 4 B's and 3 A's(in division 2) It all depends on position. Just my two cents. I personally don't really think me being bumped down to Division 2 makes a whole lot of sense but whatever you guys decide works for me.

Fifty7
2011.02.24, 09:54 PM
I vote for a 5 minute shootout between Tom and Crop
with Dom, Scott and Golddust thrown in for the equalizers
That will really prove who has the mustard for the Victory!

It has nothing to do with Tom & Crop:o

I'm a little confused by this statement? not sure what you mean here

I think all he meant was he tries to put you where you actually qualify and leave you in what division you legitimately made instead of looking and saying, Oh it's Crop he should be in the A but didnt qualify well but I'll put him there anyway

Slapstick10
2011.02.25, 07:51 AM
I might be holding a private auction to sell my mini z cars and gear because today is my meeting with the accountant. I always feel like I get raped after I leave there. I drive all the way to port Jefferson , long island to get screwed! Maybe someone knows a whore closer! I mean a corp accountant!jk:D The accountant and his secretary. All she does is stand behind you and put documents in front of you and say sign here like 100 times. I want that job! Year after year I manage to avoid getting audited so at least they do there job. But Idk which one is worse the accountant or dentist!

Fifty7
2011.02.25, 12:53 PM
The winter Nats are really only a week away??? Wow I got some work to do tonight.:eek::eek:

PadrinoNY
2011.02.25, 01:04 PM
Hope to see everyone tonight . Hey Scott make sure you go to the Duane Reade and get the KY Intense it won't feel so bad.

ActionRC
2011.02.25, 03:12 PM
Scott - I could recommend my accountant who handles my personal and Action RC taxes. You can literally see his office from the front of Action RC, and I know him since High School. (He owns and runs Reliable Office Supply.) He's a good guy, and I've been audit-free. (Knock on wood!)

I think for this series that just passed we'll award a dual Div-2 title. You live and learn. Maybe a special "Domduster" award. Technically, Crop is the champ, but Dom definitely earned it on the track. Not taking into account formal divisions, Crop is definitely more in line with the A guys than the B in most circumstances, and Dom is high-B most of the time. Dom is certainly capable of making the A, so we'll see wat happens in this series.

"I try not to look too hard at "who should be where" on the final night because I do like to see an honest finishing order." - What I meant by this is that I first look at how the main for that night should be, regardless of what championship may be riding on it. If someone is on the bubble, THEN I will look to see what effect that driver being in a certain main has on the championship, but the first criteria is the true qualifying results to determine what main a driver should be in, not the championship at stake. I try to keep the race what it should really be by qualifying results - that's what I meant by "honest."

Slapstick10
2011.02.25, 04:11 PM
What's the object of racing? Simple question right! Wrong there are differant definitions for that question. Qualifiers are done to separate skill levels. IMO it's pretty simple the better your time the better your position. Bump ups what's the purpose? To put a lower skilled driver in a race he shouldn't be in. No not really. People have bad quals and races. Make rules up as you go....and it's like playing god. Make the rules and stick to them no matter what happens.

Ty everyone for their accountants but mines not bad. He does a great job,I'm just tired of paying.

Oh the answer to " what's the object of racing"
To make or win the A Main! However you dress it up it's winning and winning is competitive!

The points I forgot again will do them now sorry guys crazy week!

Slapstick10
2011.02.25, 05:04 PM
Ok so heres the points. With 4 weeks dropped. We have a tie for 1st place!:D

KA2AEV
2011.02.25, 05:16 PM
Ok so heres the points. With 4 weeks dropped. We have a tie for 1st place!:D

What do the X's next to the total weekly score mean?

Slapstick10
2011.02.25, 05:29 PM
What do the X's next to the total weekly score mean?

Lowest drop score! Series is 10 weeks with 4 drops

hpotter
2011.02.26, 02:33 AM
Scott when you have a chance can you re-check the scores, I'm sure I was only down to Nat by 2 points which would give me a 97 not a 95.

ocean rodeo
2011.02.26, 08:06 AM
What time is the track opening today? Noon or three?

Slapstick10
2011.02.26, 09:27 AM
Tom .... Sorry bro my mistake you are correct. I will switch it!
Track will open at 12 and close at 9. I expect alot of racers to test n tune. If it gets to busy with traffic we will have timed sessions for new racers. Rodeo ate you gonna bring your F1?

ocean rodeo
2011.02.26, 09:46 AM
Yessir. F1 always in the box.

Slapstick10
2011.02.26, 10:00 AM
Yessir. F1 always in the box.

Cool I'll bring mine havent ran that thing in a while ....Hows the 03 coming?

Slapstick10
2011.02.26, 10:22 AM
Tom Points are updated. DMS1 has a 2 point lead over DMS2

KA2AEV
2011.02.26, 12:43 PM
Tom Points are updated. DMS1 has a 2 point lead over DMS2

Scott found another error
Seems like Payne Racing is actually ahead of DKR Orange
Payne = 1614
DKR Orange = 1611

You have them listed backwards
Payne is closing in on Hackstreet (So watch out! )

KA2AEV
2011.02.26, 01:05 PM
Anyone know if there are any open slots on ActionRCSpeedway.com2 ???

J-Milz
2011.02.26, 06:00 PM
:eek: I'm calling for an audit!!!

J-Milz
2011.02.26, 06:01 PM
:eek: Scott is cookin the books again????

PadrinoNY
2011.02.27, 09:04 AM
Damn missed out on test and tune last night (I sat on my lazy boy ;) ), but there is always Monday. Friday was a blast FINALLY I had a trouble free night as far as setups got my cars almost dialed in for this upcoming event and earned my spots in an A Main event not once but twice...... ( I still hate the gunshot starts :D ). It just wouldn't be Pucho without that last one....

Slapstick10
2011.02.27, 09:30 AM
Damn missed out on test and tune last night (I sat on my lazy boy ;) ), but there is always Monday. Friday was a blast FINALLY I had a trouble free night as far as setups got my cars almost dialed in for this upcoming event and earned my spots in an A Main event not once but twice...... ( I still hate the gunshot starts :D ). It just wouldn't be Pucho without that last one....

We'll I'm sorry you got lazy....Predictable!:D I was a little disappointed in the lack of racer's to show up for Test N Tune. It felt real good to run my F1 with Tom from Jersey! On a possitive note my 03 narrow #2 is fixed and no glitching. Monday night will be tires lots of tires! I got my fastest lap down to a 10.22......thats good enough for me! I have to give props to Potter.....10.5 hours of Test n Tune and my company.....your a trooper!

On a different note. Austin will run the 2011 Winternationals he picked up a new sponsor......his mom. I'm being blackmailed. Harley will not, she really wants to announce and help Al. Her wish is my command.

PadrinoNY
2011.02.27, 09:42 AM
Hey hey hey I didn't get lazy I was just tired ok. You don't understand this chair sucks the life out of you and says "sleep my child, relax and let your mind be free" I woke and found myself drooling with comfort LMAO. :D

ocean rodeo
2011.02.27, 09:44 AM
I had a great time at Action yesterday. Still need to sort out my 03 in time Saturday's race.:eek: Don't know where to begin with so many motor options but I was impressed so far with my stock setup. lol...Just need to find two seconds somewhere:D I had fun runnin my F1 with Scott from the Island! If all goes as planned I will try to make Friday night too.

Fifty7
2011.02.27, 10:03 AM
I had a great time at Action yesterday. Still need to sort out my 03 in time Saturday's race.:eek: Don't know where to begin with so many motor options but I was impressed so far with my stock setup. lol...Just need to find two seconds somewhere:D I had fun runnin my F1 with Scott from the Island! If all goes as planned I will try to make Friday night too.

Before you waste a trip, i think he said he was closed this Friday to prepare for Saturday

ocean rodeo
2011.02.27, 10:13 AM
Before you waste a trip, i think he said he was closed this Friday to prepare for Saturday

Thanks for the heads up.

Slapstick10
2011.02.27, 10:20 AM
we are closed on Friday:mad:

Tom to get 2 seconds

Motor pod pn 94-98
dampner pn 94-98
50 turn or lower motor
shim front

your good to go, Your a a victim of equipment now. I know you spoke to pucho about a charger. He's a good friend he might be able to help!:D

PadrinoNY
2011.02.27, 10:21 AM
I have all those parts in my pit box doing nothing...... HMMMM I see a trade coming! ;)

Slapstick10
2011.02.27, 01:41 PM
:eek: Scott is cookin the books again????

Med or well sir!!!!!:D

My nascar pics 48,18,21,47 and 5

saved and ready to go!!!!!:D

danny250r
2011.02.27, 01:48 PM
we are closed on Friday:mad:

Tom to get 2 seconds

Motor pod pn 94-98
dampner pn 94-98
50 turn or lower motor
shim front

your good to go, Your a a victim of equipment now. I know you spoke to pucho about a charger. He's a good friend he might be able to help!:D

I really think the track should be open on Friday at least from like 12-5

CDR racing
2011.02.27, 03:58 PM
Anyone else having problems with Nascar.com servers again for the fantasy site? I'm still on the lap 34 caution?

Slapstick10
2011.02.27, 03:59 PM
In a perfect world track would be open for practice on the layout from last week from 6-11 on friday I would open at 9 on saturday for pit setup and track layout. Controlled practice from 10 - 2. Qualifiers start at 2pm. This would satisfy everyone at once! My very LOUD opinion!!!

KA2AEV
2011.02.27, 04:30 PM
Anyone else having problems with Nascar.com servers again for the fantasy site? I'm still on the lap 34 caution?

Its working for me Crop

KA2AEV
2011.02.27, 04:31 PM
So much for Trevors Fantasy Trip :mad:

CDR racing
2011.02.27, 04:45 PM
Its working for me Crop

Mine keeps freezing, even when i refresh the page. Right now I'm stuck on lap 69.

PadrinoNY
2011.02.27, 05:52 PM
Got a new toy. Hey Scott stop with your opinions they get me in trouble.....

danny250r
2011.02.27, 06:03 PM
Got a new toy. Hey Scott stop with your opinions they get me in trouble.....

what you get now

CDR racing
2011.02.27, 06:43 PM
Good race today. Much better with Pheonix than the California race after the 500. Kudos to Nascar for making the schedule better and to Jr. for the top ten. On a different note, it's time for some changes in Nascar's IT department. Two weeks in a row with issues following the race on the fantasy site.

PadrinoNY
2011.02.27, 07:07 PM
what you get now

Got my hands on a Intellipeak ICE. It takes three devices out of my bag. It's awesome. Getting ready to post my Muchmore discharger and power supply.

For everyone else running at the beach I am putting my brand new built never ran ARTR M06 Pro on rctech if anyone is looking to buy or try something new....

LogicBytes
2011.02.28, 01:45 AM
Good race today. Much better with Pheonix than the California race after the 500. Kudos to Nascar for making the schedule better and to Jr. for the top ten. On a different note, it's time for some changes in Nascar's IT department. Two weeks in a row with issues following the race on the fantasy site.

Mine got stuck on lap 69 too, I had the 24,18,39,20,21
It was awesome to see Jeff racing hard it's about time they made it into victory lane again. That would be a great job to apply for CTO for NASCAR where can I sign up!

Mike I think there should be room left on ActionRCSpeedway.com2 last I looked there were only 6 teams and you need 10 for it to start tallying the points so it needs another 4 to lock the league.

On another note I just spent the last few hours trying to catch up on the Forums; my head is spinning, I'll see everyone Saturday for the NATS

LogicBytes
2011.02.28, 01:55 AM
Looks like NASCAR finally got the standings up.

1 Action RC Al (Albert) 539.5
2 Amo 1957 (Marty) 516.0
3 Logicbytes (Michael) 509.5
4 GF Racing (George ) 374.5
5 Dream Killr (Scott) 372.0
6 Crop Dusters (Brian) 350.0
7 Team DMS (Greg) 337.0
8 Trouble Makers (Kevin) 303.0
9 TB RACING (adam) 262.0
10 PayneRacin' (Jamil) 251.0

Slapstick10
2011.02.28, 05:44 AM
Scott found another error
Seems like Payne Racing is actually ahead of DKR Orange
Payne = 1614
DKR Orange = 1611

You have them listed backwards
Payne is closing in on Hackstreet (So watch out! )

Mike Ty for pointing that out! I'm working on it. I don't really Know how to use that part of spreadsheet I'm winging it! Please if someone see's a mistake let me know. Keeping points is harder then it looks!

Fifty7
2011.02.28, 08:10 AM
Looks like NASCAR finally got the standings up.

1 Action RC Al (Albert) 539.5
2 Amo 1957 (Marty) 516.0
3 Logicbytes (Michael) 509.5
4 GF Racing (George ) 374.5
5 Dream Killr (Scott) 372.0
6 Crop Dusters (Brian) 350.0
7 Team DMS (Greg) 337.0
8 Trouble Makers (Kevin) 303.0
9 TB RACING (adam) 262.0
10 PayneRacin' (Jamil) 251.0

Do you know if there's any way to see the results of just this weeks race? I couldn't watch it live and I can see the total points but just curious about how this week went.

Slapstick10
2011.02.28, 09:42 AM
pointzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PadrinoNY
2011.02.28, 10:19 AM
OMG with all this water I feel like a fish in a bowl......

Fifty7
2011.02.28, 12:31 PM
Mike Ty for pointing that out! I'm working on it. I don't really Know how to use that part of spreadsheet I'm winging it! Please if someone see's a mistake let me know. Keeping points is harder then it looks!

Scott, If you need help with Excel, let me know. My office uses a lot of spread sheets. All created by me:D

Slapstick10
2011.02.28, 12:40 PM
Yea ..... I hate stats. Wanna do them?

Fifty7
2011.02.28, 01:04 PM
Yea ..... I hate stats. Wanna do them?

I'll help you out. Email me (mamoroso@verizon.net) the sheet you are using and i'll see what i can do with it. If you still have them email me all 7. Just dont send me pdfs (unless you have to) so i dont have to re-enter all the info.

ActionRC
2011.02.28, 04:52 PM
Just got caught up and my head is spinning too!

Ocean - I didn't know you were coming Saturday, but I'll register you now.

I'll try to get caught up with Action points and NASCAR fantasy points tomorrow. Out of time today! Almost time for practice! :D

ocean rodeo
2011.02.28, 05:01 PM
Hey Al don't sign me up. I thought the track was going to be open on Friday. I just bought an 03 but was looking to get some track time before the race. I will stop by to watch the racing!:cool:

Slapstick10
2011.02.28, 05:04 PM
I'll help you out. Email me (mamoroso@verizon.net) the sheet you are using and i'll see what i can do with it. If you still have them email me all 7. Just dont send me pdfs (unless you have to) so i dont have to re-enter all the info.

Marty check your mail!

Ocean - I didn't know you were coming Saturday, but I'll register you now.

I'll try to get caught up with Action points and NASCAR fantasy points tomorrow. Out of time today! Almost time for practice! :D

I believe he said he not racing saturday because of lack of time to setup. I think he's going to stop by but.

PN adapter in???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????:roll eyes:

junior sent you a PM

LogicBytes
2011.02.28, 07:17 PM
Do you know if there's any way to see the results of just this weeks race? I couldn't watch it live and I can see the total points but just curious about how this week went.

http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/leagues/8169/live_leaderboard
Try that link when you are logged in if not just go to the league then my team and you should see the breakdown for the week.

LogicBytes
2011.02.28, 07:33 PM

I had 3 months worth of catching up to do though :eek:

Fifty7
2011.02.28, 11:04 PM
http://fantasygames.nascar.com/live/leagues/8169/live_leaderboard
Try that link when you are logged in if not just go to the league then my team and you should see the breakdown for the week.
Thanks Mike
Marty check your mail!

I'll take a look at it tomorrow

ActionRC
2011.03.01, 03:55 PM
HI, EVERYONE! The Action RC Mini Speedway 2011 Winternationals are drawing nearer, and we have a full roster! We're going to have a full house, some great races, and lots of fun, and I am looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow for points racing and Saturday for the big race! Prizes are shipped, trophies are being manufactured, and cool layout ideas are swirling in my brain!

This year, we have a large number of sponsors, and I would like to take this opportunity to formally thank all of them. All of these companies have prize packages on the way!

Kyosho America
PN Racing
Atomic
Reflex
DG Designs
Thank you to all of our prize sponsors and Action RC suppliers! Your cooperation in the day to day operations of the track, as well as our big races, is vital and always appreciated.

A few things to mention about the race...

1) Space: Seats will be assigned, so you'll have no pressure to rush in and scramble for a seat. I generally know who likes to sit with who, so hopefully I eliminated that pressure for you. (Stugotz a.k.a. Scrapper, Stuscrapper, etc. will be in the StuZone with Sai per his request.) Space is limited, so please keep your inventory of Mini-Z items to a minimum (or in your car) to assure everyone has room for their stuff. Also, please keep guests to a very minimum. (Leave the kids at home, let the wife or girlfriend go shopping, etc.) There will be no extra room for them, and this is not the day to have unattended kids running around. Because my chairs have been so abused, if it is at all possible for you to bring a folding chair, that would be helpful.

2) Friday: The track will be closed on Friday to allow for proper set-up time for the race. Some people wanted open practice the night before the race. We have provided a lot of time for practice by extending practice hours for the last two Saturdays, and we have also had our regular race program running as well. Plenty of time has been provided, and we will have almost 3 hours of organized practice (multiple, timed groups) before the race. Again, doors open at 11, and practice ends at 1:45. Honestly and also, I did not want any chance of being accused of offering anyone an unfair advantage by offering extra practice - especially on the layout we will be running.

3) Qualifying Procedure: While I understand the advantages to staggered starts, and have heard and understood everyone's viewpoints on this topic over the last few weeks (and years!), at Action RC we run normal "gunshot" starts, and the majority prefers this method. Sure, staggered starts are more 'official', but normal starts are by far more fun - and that is what Action RC is all about. You have 3 attempts to get into the main you feel you deserve to be in. (Hate to break the news to you, but if you did not make the main you thought you should have been in after 3 attempts, there is a chance you really didn't deserve to be in that main!) We qualify basically the way NASCAR qualifies for the Daytona 500, or the way your local short-track qualifies - by racing your way in via heat races. We're racers - let's race 4 times instead of just once!

feel free to contact me if you have any questions. As always, we are going to have a great time. Relax, enjoy yourself, make lots of friends, create some new rivalries, beat your closest competition (unless that person is me), and most importantly, have fun!!! Good luck, and I'll see everyone soon!

EMU
2011.03.01, 05:13 PM
3) Qualifying Procedure: While I understand the advantages to staggered starts, and have heard and understood everyone's viewpoints on this topic over the last few weeks (and years!), at Action RC we run normal "gunshot" starts, and the majority prefers this method. Sure, staggered starts are more 'official', but normal starts are by far more fun - and that is what Action RC is all about. You have 3 attempts to get into the main you feel you deserve to be in. (Hate to break the news to you, but if you did not make the main you thought you should have been in after 3 attempts, there is a chance you really didn't deserve to be in that main!) We qualify basically the way NASCAR qualifies for the Daytona 500, or the way your local short-track qualifies - by racing your way in via heat races. We're racers - let's race 4 times instead of just once!

I believe that they qualify individually for their race heat, then race their way to the A Main.

ocean rodeo
2011.03.01, 05:20 PM
Dirt Oval has race heats.

Slapstick10
2011.03.01, 06:07 PM
I am going to try and enjoy myself. I am looking forward to racing with some friends from the other side of the bridge;)

bermbuster
2011.03.01, 06:38 PM
I am going to try and enjoy myself. I am looking forward to racing with some friends from the other side of the bridge;)

me too....:D

PadrinoNY
2011.03.01, 10:02 PM
Is it FREAKIN Saturday already? :eek: Jeez louise.....

philly123
2011.03.02, 12:03 AM

I got something in the works for that cooper so you best be ready to wheel your A$$ off lol.

Slapstick10
2011.03.02, 07:34 AM

You aint kidding brother!

I got something in the works for that cooper so you best be ready to wheel your A$$ off lol.

My moneys on Pucho.....that things ballistic....and legit! Is yours legit? Enquiring minds wanna know!:D

PadrinoNY
2011.03.02, 07:52 AM
You aint kidding brother!

My moneys on Pucho.....that things ballistic....and legit! Is yours legit? Enquiring minds wanna know!:D

I just hope I can drive well enough to stay up. Hey Philly I happen to agree with Scott there I hope yours is legit! I just think you can probably outdrive me sleeping.

ActionRC
2011.03.02, 12:15 PM
Can't wait to race tonight!!! :d

philly123
2011.03.02, 05:53 PM
I just hope I can drive well enough to stay up. Hey Philly I happen to agree with Scott there I hope yours is legit! I just think you can probably outdrive me sleeping.

i built me up a monster energy beetle so wel see what happens.:eek:

Slapstick10
2011.03.02, 06:18 PM
BUT IS IT LEGIT:p

On to a different subject "Cheating"
I have this to say about that.......Why. We are adults playing with little cars. And thanks to Potter I've learned that cleaner is faster. If you come to this race and cheat your a looser. I would also hope that you would be banned from future events at Action. How much easier can Action(AL) make it for everyone. There is no fett rule. If you have to switch cans and turn endbells your pathetic. Simple green break the motor and call it a day. Charge your batteries 1 amp- 150amps no one cares just leave the motors alone! I'm really looking forward to racing with some of the drivers from other states.
There are only a few tracks in the tri state area and we need to support one another and the hobby.

EMU
2011.03.02, 08:02 PM
If you come to this race and cheat your a looser.If you come to the race, and dont cheat, are you a tighter?

bermbuster
2011.03.02, 08:04 PM
If you come to the race, and dont cheat, are you a tighter?

No your a Winer......:D

egonzalez
2011.03.02, 08:33 PM
No your a Winer......:D

lol See you all this weekend...

Fifty7
2011.03.03, 10:23 AM
If you come to the race, and dont cheat, are you a tighter?

OK, to steal a quote from Pucho - I don't care who you are, that's some funny stuff right there.

Cant wait for Saturday. Since I haven't touched my cars or had time to practice or work on them this week I am lowering my expectations. I now hope to make the C. :D

ActionRC
2011.03.03, 12:23 PM
Since I am so technologically challenged, if anyone has the ability to get the sound clip of Charlie Sheen saying "Duh - Winning!" and can load it into the track computer so I can play it any time on the fly, I would really appreciate it! I need this sound clip! :eek:

Awesome racing last night! Great turnout, and lots of fun! :)

Scott's new nickname: "Loose Douch" :D

Fifty7
2011.03.03, 02:36 PM
Since I am so technologically challenged, if anyone has the ability to get the sound clip of Charlie Sheen saying "Duh - Winning!" and can load it into the track computer so I can play it any time on the fly, I would really appreciate it! I need this sound clip! :eek:

Awesome racing last night! Great turnout, and lots of fun! :)

Scott's new nickname: "Loose Douch" :D

i just emailed you 4 files. see if you can save the attachments to your flash drive.

ActionRC
2011.03.03, 03:00 PM
Thanks, Marty! Downloaded and ready to go! (I even loaded it onto my work computer! I love that clip!) Charlie Sheen is a nut and disrespectable on many levels, but for some reason, I find him and his "winning" quotes and philosophies inspirational somehow. The fact that Howard has this clip and Fred has been playing it at all the right times just makes it that much funnier to me.

hpotter
2011.03.03, 03:03 PM
Oh well late to the party but you have another MP3 coming you way via email :)

Fifty7
2011.03.03, 03:04 PM
Thanks, Marty! Downloaded and ready to go! (I even loaded it onto my work computer! I love that clip!) Charlie Sheen is a nut and disrespectable on many levels, but for some reason, I find him and his "winning" quotes and philosophies inspirational somehow. The fact that Howard has this clip and Fred has been playing it at all the right times just makes it that much funnier to me.

I have the 4 i sent you on my phone so worst case if we cant do it with the track computer we can always play it over the sound system.

CDR racing
2011.03.03, 04:42 PM

Charlie Sheen quote of the week has to be when asked about telling his wife he'd cut her head off put it in a box and send it to her mother, his reply was, "No, but that's a good line."

Slapstick10
2011.03.03, 04:51 PM
Ok upon consulting with Al....Joe D never started or finished. So going with track rules in order to qualify for bottom C Main points he would have had to pass the lap counter once and did not.

Here are the points as I think they are . Please check them to make sure there right.

Fifty7
2011.03.03, 06:57 PM
Ok upon consulting with Al....Joe D never started or finished. So going with track rules in order to qualify for bottom C Main points he would have had to pass the lap counter once and did not.

Here are the points as I think they are . Please check them to make sure there right.

I emailed you a copy of my sheet. I came up with the same points. I have an older version of excel and cannot convert to pdf so do that if you want to. I will print a copy to leave at the track Saturday

Golddust
2011.03.03, 07:29 PM
Charlie Sheen quote of the week has to be when asked about telling his wife he'd cut her head off put it in a box and send it to her mother, his reply was, "No, but that's a good line."

Thats from a movie
I just can't remember which one!

ActionRC
2011.03.04, 12:22 PM
Marty and Sottt - I tried attaching a copy of the Excel points, but the form doesn't let you post Excel files. I'll email it.

Everyone - Check the 'Nats post soon. Posting individual practice schedule and classes roster. If any changes, EMAIL me!

Fifty7
2011.03.05, 08:19 AM
A little less than 6 hours to Boogity Boogity Boogity. Good luck to all.

Slapstick10
2011.03.05, 09:13 AM
Right now Potter is going through his 200 point checklist.....:p

I had to post this

Harley: Is Al getting breakfast?
Scott: Yea...he's getting bagels.
Harley: Do I have to bring my own butter!

In the words of Pucho....I doon't care who you are that right thee is funny!:D

Slapstick10
2011.03.05, 09:23 AM
Pucho will not be joining us today. He has had a few rough days and needs the rest. I hope you feel better pal.

ActionRC
2011.03.07, 10:30 AM
Definitely missed you, Pucho! I was really upset to hear that you couldn't make it - I know how excited you were about the 'Nats. We're going to run the same layout this week. I thought it would be fun to see how we do on this layout now that the dust has settled, so you'll still be able to see how you would have stacked up. I kept all of the qualifiers on the wall to review. I'm actually really looking forward to trying out the 03 to see if I can match or improve on my MR02 'Nats runs.

Saturday was awesome! See everyone later!

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 11:03 AM
Definitely missed you, Pucho! I was really upset to hear that you couldn't make it - I know how excited you were about the 'Nats. We're going to run the same layout this week. I thought it would be fun to see how we do on this layout now that the dust has settled, so you'll still be able to see how you would have stacked up. I kept all of the qualifiers on the wall to review. I'm actually really looking forward to trying out the 03 to see if I can match or improve on my MR02 'Nats runs.

Saturday was awesome! See everyone later!

Saturday was Awesome. Sunday - Not so much:mad:

PadrinoNY
2011.03.07, 11:25 AM
Wow :eek: I heard how much fun it was out there but unfortunatley I Missed it :(. The doc is saying I should be good as long as I am on my meds (Tom you know the feeling ;) ) LOL. Between the stress of this job co-mingled with my family co-mingled with RC I am getting stressed just thinking about it. Anyway my obssesions are coming to a halt and should be back to normal soon. I may see you guys tonight just to drop by and say "What Up!".

Al I hope maybe we could look into that crate and see what we are gonna do. I really like that little ****.....

Scott thanks for the calls and your genuine concern to what is going on with me right now.......

Slapstick10
2011.03.07, 11:35 AM
Wow :eek: I heard how much fun it was out there but unfortunatley I Missed it :(. The doc is saying I should be good as long as I am on my meds (Tom you know the feeling ;) ) LOL. Between the stress of this job co-mingled with my family co-mingled with RC I am getting stressed just thinking about it. Anyway my obssesions are coming to a halt and should be back to normal soon. I may see you guys tonight just to drop by and say "What Up!".

Al I hope maybe we could look into that crate and see what we are gonna do. I really like that little ****.....

Scott thanks for the calls and your genuine concern to what is going on with me right now.......

Bro....you kidding me your my boy!:D

ActionRC
2011.03.07, 04:17 PM
Pucho - We'll go tthrough the basket and you could have whatever you want. I'll give you an awesome deal to take the whole thing! ;)

Marty - I was so pissed. They should have never done four tires! That's what cost Tony that race. Dumb move! :(

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 04:32 PM
Pucho - We'll go tthrough the basket and you could have whatever you want. I'll give you an awesome deal to take the whole thing! ;)

Marty - I was so pissed. They should have never done four tires! That's what cost Tony that race. Dumb move! :(

No. The air hose cost him the race. He said there was no way he could've made it the rest of the way on the same lefts being that he only took 2 the stop before. (after the penalty)

KA2AEV
2011.03.07, 05:30 PM
No. The air hose cost him the race. He said there was no way he could've made it the rest of the way on the same lefts being that he only took 2 the stop before. (after the penalty)

I missed something
what did he get the penility for?

Fifty7
2011.03.07, 06:24 PM
I missed something
what did he get the penility for?

During a pit stop he pulled away and the air gun got caught up. They tried to pull it off but the gun left the pit box so he had to make a pass through penalty and re-started 22nd. On his next stop everyone took 4 tires and he took 2 just to make up the track position. The car was still unbelievable on 2 tires but on the final pit stop he had to take 4 and everyone else only took 2. It was just a shame because how often can you say you have an untouchable car and they couldn't capitalize on it. They showed a clip of him on the radio saying someone better to explain to me how we lost this race when we get outta here:eek::eek: Someone got their A$$ kicked. I thought he was gonna cry during his post race interview

PadrinoNY
2011.03.08, 11:07 AM
This post is to gear the conversation on the winter nats section to here.... Key to my post title:

Al why don't we try an 80t class. I will personally break in anyone's 80t using my method for FREE so that you feel like your almost driving a 70t and help out with gearing that was suggested by Maj and his crew that really works for the motor..... Look at our narrow class 70t it's insane battles from the qualifiers to the mains. Now imagine a wide 80t class! ;)

I know Scott the problem is that not everyone likes the snail speed of an 80t but when I ran mine at Action everyone couldn't believe that I was running an 80t. Also remeber like you always say to me "Action is about having fun with these little toys" 80t like 70t classes are the most fun cause racing can't get any closer....

Let's give a try it's only a $10 motor. People are spending more on tie bars and springs to gain an advantage lets take it down a notch.....

J-Milz
2011.03.08, 11:31 AM
Wide 80t? :(. I'd like to see a narrow 80t with narrow tires all around. I'd like to also see the wide class as is. It's a crowd favorite.

SaiTam
2011.03.08, 11:41 AM
Instead of 80T class why wouldn't anyone just turn down the TH. EPA or limit the gearing to a 6T or 9T(64P) for a beginner? IMO Beginners need speed to keep them and the spectators interested (Fast motor) and it's easy to tune down a fast car using gearing and TH. adjustment.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.08, 11:42 AM
remember guys that for any of you that are planning on attending a PN Regional event i believe that the stock class will be the 80t handout motor so this might be something to keep in mind that this class will also help you guys to become as fast as you can with that motor and will give you plenty of time to tune your cars properly...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35958

here is a lnk to the 2011 PN rules and classes...

you guys are also being provided the layout as to give everyone the time they need to practice on it...

SaiTam
2011.03.08, 11:43 AM
Is Action gonna have a PN Regional this year?

J-Milz
2011.03.08, 11:53 AM
That would be nice!!! PN regional at Action... Sai who's gonna police the cars and check gearing and EPA on everyone's Xmitter? Al has a hard time getting marshals on certain nights.

SaiTam
2011.03.08, 11:58 AM
What I was trying to say is that a faster motor can be flexible to run slow and run fast at the same time; policing is another topic. It may also be difficult to justify spending a lot of money for a beginner to see their cars go 80T speed. Beginners always ask "How fast does it go?" don't they? To end this I'll leave the decision to Al.

Davey G
2011.03.08, 12:03 PM
Is Action gonna have a PN Regional this year?

The NORTHEAST PNWC regional has already been set. Search the forum and you will see what I mean. ;)

hpotter
2011.03.08, 12:07 PM
I have to say I'm a bit miffed. I have nothing against trying new motors or classes BUT, when the 70T class started at Action it was an unbelievable class, with the closest racing ever (remember running Pan car two series in a row?)...then something happened, because of reasons that are totally understandable it is now ok to FET your cars. I don't like this--again I understand how hard teching cars would be and maybe peoples feelings getting hurt but I feel that we now have two MOD classes just running different bodies...and I don't want to hear anything about the cars not being ballistically fast because you all know that most peoples narrow cars are just as fast if not faster then our wide class which can also run any motor and be FETted. IMO this has to stop, everyone knows I have always been a proponent of even keel machinery and let the skill of the driver decide the winner of the race. If you read some previous posts already people are talking about breaking in and making the 80T fast--I'm sorry did I miss something? I thought this was to teach smoother driving at slower speeds--something we once had with the 70T. I hear an awful lot about how maybe some drivers are at a different stage of there "racing careers" and may not be as competitive as before and I call BOLLOCKS! If you really want competive close racing and fine tune your skills run an unFETted car with any other suspension upgrades you want with a motor and drive the car.

JuniorWKR
2011.03.08, 12:21 PM
no all motors can run on a unfetted board...

hpotter
2011.03.08, 12:25 PM
no all motors can run on a unfetted board...

Thats my point instead of having everything FETted if you want to run those motors that need to be FETted then they should be used for a MOD class. There are enough motors on the market already that provide excellent speed and excitement on the track.

Fifty7
2011.03.08, 12:51 PM
Instead of 80T class why wouldn't anyone just turn down the TH. EPA or limit the gearing to a 6T or 9T(64P) for a beginner? IMO Beginners need speed to keep them and the spectators interested (Fast motor) and it's easy to tune down a fast car using gearing and TH. adjustment.

I would agree with this especially if the point is for it to be a learning class. My son has only raced twice and I put in a 70T (in both wide & narrow cars) and just dialed down the throttle At least once he learns i can bump him up a little at a time. I was actually very impressed with the fact that even though people were driving by him he asked me to slow the car down a little more so he could control it. .

hpotter
2011.03.08, 12:55 PM
I would agree with this especially if the point is for it to be a learning class. My son has only raced twice and I put in a 70T (in both wide & narrow cars) and just dialed down the throttle At least once he learns i can bump him up a little at a time. I was actually very impressed with the fact that even though people were driving by him he asked me to slow the car down a little more so he could control it. .

It just shows that sometimes the younger crowd shows more intelligence and common sense :).

Fifty7
2011.03.08, 01:00 PM
I have to say I'm a bit miffed. I have nothing against trying new motors or classes BUT, when the 70T class started at Action it was an unbelievable class, with the closest racing ever (remember running Pan car two series in a row?)...then something happened, because of reasons that are totally understandable it is now ok to FET your cars. I don't like this--again I understand how hard teching cars would be and maybe peoples feelings getting hurt but I feel that we now have two MOD classes just running different bodies...and I don't want to hear anything about the cars not being ballistically fast because you all know that most peoples narrow cars are just as fast if not faster then our wide class which can also run any motor and be FETted. IMO this has to stop, everyone knows I have always been a proponent of even keel machinery and let the skill of the driver decide the winner of the race. If you read some previous posts already people are talking about breaking in and making the 80T fast--I'm sorry did I miss something? I thought this was to teach smoother driving at slower speeds--something we once had with the 70T. I hear an awful lot about how maybe some drivers are at a different stage of there "racing careers" and may not be as competitive as before and I call BOLLOCKS! If you really want competive close racing and fine tune your skills run an unFETted car with any other suspension upgrades you want with a motor and drive the car.

I agree with you, BUT what the heck is "BOLLOCKS":p Pan and narrow was definitely some of the best racing we've had and Narrow still is when we have a bunch of "stock" cars that are so close in performance a scrub of the boards decides the winner. I remember when i first started and knew nothing about these cars Al said to me that the narrow was considered a "drivers" class because they were all the same speed and you couldn't just wheel them around for fear of flipping. Dont get me wrong, I give all the credit in the world to the guys who can handle the ballistic cars because i know I cant, but i do wish we could go back to at least one class where the cars are equal and driving clean decides the race.

Slapstick10
2011.03.08, 01:04 PM

But wouldn't it be more benificial to make changes to the car to teach about setup and how to. Adjusting highpoint is a on the fly way. By the way this is my mistake with Austin. I know better with Harley. Just my opinion.:D

rajiex
2011.03.08, 01:06 PM
I agree with you, BUT what the heck is "BOLLOCKS":p .

Marty,

We are taking about Potter, "Harry Potter". Tom has been watching the movie too many times. Bollocks is balls. I bet he also likes to use the loo in the tube as well.

Fifty7
2011.03.08, 01:22 PM
But wouldn't it be more benificial to make changes to the car to teach about setup and how to. Adjusting highpoint is a on the fly way. By the way this is my mistake with Austin. I know better with Harley. Just my opinion.:D

I never tried an 80T so i dont know the difference but absolutely setup should be one of the 1st things to teach the kids. I'm laughing bc as we're talking about slow and fast I just looked at all the results and I think i got a good motor in my pan car and it felt very fast but i did 1 less lap than i did with my narrow car :p

Marty,

We are taking about Potter, "Harry Potter". Tom has been watching the movie too many times. Bollocks is balls. I bet he also likes to use the loo in the tube as well.

OK Thanks, i have yet to watch any of those movies.

Slapstick10
2011.03.08, 01:46 PM
Marty - I have a 80t in my box if you wanna mess with it. It was from the Garden State Shootout.

Dream Team Cup!
Starts again this friday! Potter has pledged to become a hack artist. Drive through you! Potter is very angry and has had a bad week. Givin his temperment I don't think he is capable of hacking. Its just not in his character makeup. But it should be fun to watch him try:p

JuniorWKR
2011.03.08, 02:05 PM
man you guys get way off track with things... fets in a 80t motor makes absolutly no difference... fetsd in general make no difference unless the motor requires it... if you cannot complete an entire race without hiting a wall or getting into an accident or blowing a line you will never see the difference in fets as far as the results are concerned...

my 02 pan car sat was a stock board.. outside of having some binding issues in the main you couldnt tell if my board was fetted or not...

i think yiou guys are losing site if Scotts plans fo rthe 80t motor... he is trying to create an class that will create simplicity and allow racers to develope the necessary skills needed to become fast... trust me everything you guys are discussing is everything we were discussing when we decided to run the class.. nothing discussed even matters now in that class... its probally the most exciting class we have at right now... the battles and lead changes are insane... trust me you will all love this class..

SaiTam
2011.03.08, 02:09 PM
Cars go side-by-side a lot more with 80T racing just like NASCARs.

ActionRC
2011.03.08, 02:22 PM
Did I miss something? When did anyone start becoming unhappy with the 70 turn class? Remember how this all started - we used to run what is now the narrow class as a Mini Cooper Spec class with BOX STOCK motors! This is when the racing was the best! Unfortunately, Kyosho has yet to add mounting holes to their motors, so when we started using longer bodies (when there were no more Coopers) and multi-length aluminum rears, we had to go with the slowest motor available at the time with mounting holes - the 70 turn. I agree that there are several people with 70 turn cars that are way too fast for the concept of that class. There is no way that a 70 turn narrow car should be beating a faster wide car - but some do.

If I could do it all over again, and rewrite the rules from scratch with today's parts availability, I would create the class with unmodified boards in whichever car chassis you are running, non-fetted, and out of the package 70 or 80 turn motors. I would also spec the batteries. While I cannot spec how people charge them at least we would all know that someone isn't running some crazy battery that no one else has access to. I like the Wide class as is because that is the class that allows freedom of choice, and allows drivers the chance to experiment with different things that we all have access to. If someone is really fast, there are reasons, and no one seems to have a problem with that.

With two classes, you have to have different body styles. You wouldn't want two classes looking identical, so the 2nd class should stay narrow. Unfortunately, most every class ends up having cars that are much faster than everyone else's. I've heard the stories from the beach, where everything is limited and yet people still find a way to be called a cheater. This is what I have tried to avoid. Basically, if everything is legal, nothing is illegal, and looking at the car and determining if it has a 70 turn motor and a narrow body is simple. (Although the motor thing could be argued.) If Kyosho would only listen to me FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME and put mounting holes in their motors, this would eliminate many issues related to spec racing.

I do like the 70 turn class the way it is, but I do wish there was a way to equalize it more than it has evolved. I just know that ultimately, even if we control everything, someone's car will be faster, that person will be called a cheater, they will leave angry, and never come back. I've seen it before, and I do not want to go through it again. It's easier to monitor a few basic rules and parts and give freedom for the things that are too hard to monitor without taking a car apart. The battery thing would probably be the next best solution to equalizing the cars, in my opinion.

Thanks for discussing your thoughts, everyone. These discussions are what fuel improvement - if necessary.

Fifty7
2011.03.08, 02:36 PM
Marty - I have a 80t in my box if you wanna mess with it. It was from the Garden State Shootout.

Dream Team Cup!
Starts again this friday! Potter has pledged to become a hack artist. Drive through you! Potter is very angry and has had a bad week. Givin his temperment I don't think he is capable of hacking. Its just not in his character makeup. But it should be fun to watch him try:p

Thanks but you just want me to go slower so you could beat my narrow car:p.

J-Milz
2011.03.08, 02:59 PM
man you guys get way off track with things...

:D That's funny! Welcome to the Action (dis)functional family. Where disagree'n says I love you.

Al- no one is unhappy with the 70t class. I think the initial reason this topic was brought up was to give beginners a chance to sharpen their skills with a slower car. Junior also brought up the point to say its an advantage because if you do decide to race at a regional (no not @ Action this year) your car will be set for it. It just sought of snowballed into "you suck, you fett'd board cheater" rant. That's why Im laughed at Juniors response, and saying to myself man this guy must think we're yoyo's....

hpotter
2011.03.08, 03:46 PM
Ok, wait a minute here I never brought up anything about cheating, what I said was I don't like the evolution that has happened with FET-ing boards. Saying it doesn't make difference in the cars, I call foul because I want one honest person that races at Action to tell me that they didn't FET their boards to keep up with the other FET-ed guys (you know I will call you out if you lie about this). Are Marty and myself the only people that remember how good and fun the 70T class was BEFORE the FET-ing started, come on give me a break. What happened is slowly but surely somehow 70T where miraculously getting faster and leaving other racers in the dust--hence the rule now everyone can FET. I will state again 70T with a stock board is fine for beginners and experienced racers to learn and tweak their skills. Again I'll say that I'm not against an 80T class but how long do you seriously think it will last seeing what the 70T "evolved" into. I also never stated that I was unhappy with any class I just stated I don't like the FET-ing and I said the same at the track the other night, you all know I have no problem speaking my mind. I don't know but for some reason my brain doesn't understand why racers who want to be competitive are against an equal playing field...I'm not saying you can't upgrade your suspension or limiting your tire choice because those are personal driving preferences which are different for every driver, all I'm saying is you shouldn't be so much faster than me that you can mess up and scrub the boards and crash and still have the "motor" to catch up. I believe it was Al who said that the 70T class was so close that one minor scrub that wouldn't even be noticed now was the deciding factor in the race--thats racing. I guess what I'm trying to get across is that I miss having at least one class where the cars are relatively on equal ground and the best driver that night or that race wins.

Raj, yes you know my Harry Potter addiction but what you don't know is that I also have a "relationship" with someone who grew up in London so sometimes certain words or phrases sneak through when I'm on a roll :).