PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

LouC
2007.01.09, 11:29 AM
ok ill prob be there on saturday but i just have ther board because i dint build the car yet, Lou u will be going to race wensday and see Sai?

no - just sat at Al's

SaiTam
2007.01.09, 11:43 AM
Lou and I work in the same building in NJ

philly123
2007.01.09, 09:00 PM
ok but Sai the board donest have any fets on it but one of the solder tabs for the fet leg fell off and its on the side with the big black thing will you still be able to do it?

SaiTam
2007.01.09, 11:56 PM
If the broken tab were on the other side then it's more likely that the board is still good.

Give it to Lou and let me take a look.

ok but Sai the board donest have any fets on it but one of the solder tabs for the fet leg fell off and its on the side with the big black thing will you still be able to do it?

LouC
2007.01.10, 07:15 AM
I charge $10 for delivery!! ;)

builthatch
2007.01.10, 09:23 AM
hey lou that sounds like someone we both know ; )

LouC
2007.01.10, 09:33 AM
hey lou that sounds like someone we both know ; )

thats funny!!!!! :)

SaiTam
2007.01.10, 01:49 PM
Al has a very attractive deal for the Lancia MA-010 Readyset. Don't know if offer has expired though.

LouC
2007.01.10, 02:07 PM
Do you know if he has any other AWD readysets? What about the set without a transmitter? Thanks.

Yes he does have a few in stock.
Just to make sure - you can email him - he usually responds pretty quickly.
(info@actionrcspeedway.com)

Davey G
2007.01.11, 11:54 AM
Al had mentioned that there was a major track change...anyone know what this is? I have a feeling he recieved the radius pieces for the corners..anyone know for sure? I will be racing this weekend along with Sammy and Roland as well, hope to see you all on SAT!!

DAVE GRABOSKI

EMU
2007.01.11, 12:47 PM
I assume that he is talking about the inside corners... Last week he had made one inside corner himself, and it worked well... dont know if he made more or received the premade ones from RCP. Maybe he got the 45 degree sections as well... we will see...

CDR racing
2007.01.11, 05:31 PM
Nope no 45 degrees yet. He still has his custom inside curve there bu thats it. But yea there was a big change this week. I wont say what it is but it was pretty cool. Takes a while to get used to though. See u guys there saturday ;)

MINIz guy11
2007.01.11, 07:03 PM
Tell us! I wont go until I know.

ZYHAC
2007.01.13, 05:52 PM
WOAH!Stranger! Wuts up? U gunna be comin back soon?

IDK if I am going back in the neighborhood. Especially since I don't have a car. Anyway how is everyone. Hope you all are having a Happy New Year. Also if you see Al and Joe tell them I said hi.

EMU
2007.01.14, 03:27 AM
Just got back from racing... long trip home, and I missed my train :(

Mike usually drives (got a 1:1 recently)... today he didnt, but I still went to the track... When you say you dont have a car, do you mean a Mini-Z or one you can sit in? If its a Mini-Z, you know you can allways use one of mine ;)

ZYHAC
2007.01.14, 09:18 AM

Mike usually drives (got a 1:1 recently)... today he didnt, but I still went to the track... When you say you dont have a car, do you mean a Mini-Z or one you can sit in? If its a Mini-Z, you know you can allways use one of mine ;)

I don't have the one you sit in. plus idk if i will be welcomed back at the track. Long story. I still have my Mini Z's though. They just need some loven.

philly123
2007.01.14, 05:48 PM
sai just let me kno wen ull be done so i can have the money to gi ve to lou

CDR racing
2007.01.14, 08:00 PM

Stop buyin so much crap maybe ur load will be lighter and you will make it to the train quicker :cool: Two weeks in a row. That sux.

EMU
2007.01.14, 08:05 PM
Stop buyin so much crap maybe ur lad will be lighter and you will make it to the train quicker :cool: Two weeks in a row. That sux.
hahah... Yea... I know :o I thought that the train got there at 12:10, but it was 12:08. There was a few copies of the train schedule on the platform... wish I had seen them the time before, since the train 2 weeks ago was a couple minutes late, arriving about 10 after... One train per hour is a pain :mad:

At least I know for next time :rolleyes:

Davey G
2007.01.15, 09:49 AM
This past weekends layout was the best Ive seen at ARCMS. It was tight but very flowing. It was also nice to see AL get a good turnout for 2 weeks in a row! Hope all is well and I will see you guys in a few weeks.

DAVE GRABOSKI

philly123
2007.01.15, 01:17 PM
does anyone have a corvette body that they would want to sell

LouC
2007.01.15, 06:40 PM
does anyone have a corvette body that they would want to sell

I do!! - Custom red paint job on it too...Look ALOT better then your green one!! :eek: I will bring it next Sat.

LouC
2007.01.15, 06:41 PM
This past weekends layout was the best Ive seen at ARCMS. It was tight but very flowing. It was also nice to see AL get a good turnout for 2 weeks in a row! Hope all is well and I will see you guys in a few weeks.

DAVE GRABOSKI

I agree - I prefer the straight to be in the back - but it was fun.

philly123
2007.01.15, 09:44 PM
its a C5-R with the mounts set for a MR-02 chassis? and do u have the mount clip for the front

LouC
2007.01.16, 09:13 AM
its a C5-R with the mounts set for a MR-02 chassis? and do u have the mount clip for the front

Yes I have the front clip also

philly123
2007.01.16, 11:02 AM
ok ill prob be there on saturday

philly123
2007.01.16, 08:08 PM
what should i do if the rear on my enzo body is sitting lower than the front but the chassis is set up correctly

MINIz guy11
2007.01.16, 08:17 PM
Bend the front clip down more. Thats what I did on mine and it looks pretty nice.

philly123
2007.01.16, 10:07 PM
but that isent guna rasie thre rear its jus guna lower the front, wat do i do u se a lighter to heat it up so it will bend

MINIz guy11
2007.01.16, 10:15 PM
Heat up the clip and bend it down. If you want to raise the rear, then reposition the rear clips.

EMU
2007.01.17, 01:50 AM
See if you can remove and reset the side clips a little lower. Lowering the front to counter the rear will reduce the clearance around the front wheels, especially when you have a transponder under there, its not a good idea.

builthatch
2007.01.17, 09:41 AM
See if you can remove and reset the side clips a little lower. Lowering the front to counter the rear will reduce the clearance around the front wheels, especially when you have a transponder under there, its not a good idea.

yeah, exactly...just reset the side clips and make sure the front clip is the right clip and not damaged.

michvin
2007.01.17, 11:19 AM
A strangest thing happened to me: I bought a corvette body last time i've been at Al's, and i started to assemble it. Apparently new unopened white body has TWO RIGHT HEADLIGHTS and no left headlights. I really hope that Al will be able to do something about it. In a meanwhile, EMU, don't forget that Corvette body at home

SaiTam
2007.01.17, 12:03 PM
Who cares about the headlights? Serious drivers don't use them. ;) My Corvette body is lighter than the McLaren body I believe. I don't even have taillights either.

michvin
2007.01.17, 12:27 PM
Who cares about the headlights? Serious drivers don't use them. ;) My Corvette body is lighter than the McLaren body I believe. I don't even have taillights either.
not the clear part, the white plastic one. It seem so fragile in the front without them.
Wasn't your car once equpped with LEDs? :D :D :D :D I mean the van body? ;)

builthatch
2007.01.17, 01:45 PM
A strangest thing happened to me: I bought a corvette body last time i've been at Al's, and i started to assemble it. Apparently new unopened white body has TWO RIGHT HEADLIGHTS and no left headlights. I really hope that Al will be able to do something about it. In a meanwhile, EMU, don't forget that Corvette body at home

might want to call efrain at Kyosho. He might be able to help you w/o hassling w/ Al.

SaiTam
2007.01.17, 02:25 PM
The all Yellow Corvette that Willy runs have had no headlights for a while. It holds up fine.

not the clear part, the white plastic one. It seem so fragile in the front without them.
Wasn't your car once equpped with LEDs? :D :D :D :D I mean the van body? ;)

michvin
2007.01.17, 03:04 PM
The all Yellow Corvette that Willy runs have had no headlights for a while. It holds up fine.
you mean just holes?

philly123
2007.01.17, 07:42 PM
is anyone going to race awd drift sat nite

Lionblade
2007.01.17, 07:51 PM
If I can get there, I'll drift. Only damn thing I'm decent at anyway.

michvin
2007.01.18, 12:43 AM
I find drifting boring, so i don't know if i'm going at all to race in one class.

EMU
2007.01.18, 01:01 AM
I have a car setup for the 015 spec class for you and Eric to use if you are interested. Im not really interested in drifting either, I will just focus more on the 2wd cars.

I went last weekend, and ran my Calsonic R32 for the first heat, and had no hits... As I suspected, the metal in the paintjob makes it incompatable with the Core system. I bought the 350Z 015 body, and it ran VERY well on the chassis. I DNF'd in the main due to glitching. I think this was due to the antenna contacting the carbon disc damper. I moved the antenna to the front post, and wrapped the lower portion in some electrical tape. Hopefully this will solve the glitching... After I DNFd, I switched to my Cobra (no Transponder), and it was running well. A little slower since the body is heavier. The 350Z is a very light body, with small overhangs so it is very responsive.

Incase you didnt know, 3 classes is the same price as 2 ;)

michvin
2007.01.18, 01:04 AM
I have a car setup for the 015 spec class for you and Eric to use if you are interested. Im not really interested in drifting either, I will just focus more on the 2wd cars.

I went last weekend, and ran my Calsonic R32 for the first heat, and had no hits... As I suspected, the metal in the paintjob makes it incompatable with the Core system. I bought the 350Z 015 body, and it ran VERY well on the chassis. I DNF'd in the main due to glitching. I think this was due to the antenna contacting the carbon disc damper. I moved the antenna to the front post, and wrapped the lower portion in some electrical tape. Hopefully this will solve the glitching... After I DNFd, I switched to my Cobra (no Transponder), and it was running well. A little slower since the body is heavier. The 350Z is a very light body, with small overhangs so it is very responsive.

Incase you didnt know, 3 classes is the same price as 2 ;)
Thanks EMU, i'll accept your offer :) Maybe even will get a chassis-015. It's not the matter of money, you know :)

EMU
2007.01.18, 01:19 AM
Thanks EMU, i'll accept your offer :) Maybe even will get a chassis-015. It's not the matter of money, you know :)
Yes, I know. I just didnt know until last week that any class above 2 was free... so I wanted to pass that on ;)

I tried out the Iwaver that I was planning to give to Eric, and it didnt run well. Shakey steering. I am going to have to break down the servo when I get a chance and shim the pot to try and get rid of the shakes.

LouC
2007.01.18, 07:06 AM
is anyone going to race awd drift sat nite

Im not going to drift either. Its BORING to watch and drive!!!
Hopefully no one else will have interest and we can convince Al to run the normal AWD class.

SaiTam
2007.01.18, 09:36 AM
Drifting only make sense when there are lots of rounded curves and the 40Ft straightaway taken out

Spoon
2007.01.18, 09:43 AM
Okay, drifting is a ton of fun. I agree wtih Sai though. Not so much fun with a 40ft straight. With the right course though getting a car sideways inches from the barrier is pretty fun. I don't know if it makes sense to do it as a timed race. Maybe Al could setup clipping points and have judges rate people on style. :cool:

sjm324
2007.01.18, 10:29 AM
Okay, drifting is a ton of fun. I agree wtih Sai though. Not so much fun with a 40ft straight. With the right course though getting a car sideways inches from the barrier is pretty fun. I don't know if it makes sense to do it as a timed race. Maybe Al could setup clipping points and have judges rate people on style. :cool:

I think AL should take a vote on sat. Drifting is so boring. We had a good turn out for AWD class. Why ruin a good thing. Lets stick to racing

SaiTam
2007.01.18, 12:05 PM
Drifting is all about style and judgement, not how many laps you can do with a drift car. It's definitely not boring with a drift layout. A drift layout should not have 90 deg barriers or 40Ft straightaway.

michvin
2007.01.18, 12:07 PM
I think a vote is a good idea. I want to race my AWD - drift i could do in my apartment's living room if i ever wanted to

Spoon
2007.01.18, 12:11 PM
Maybe somebody should just send him an email. He seems pretty responsive. Also that way he won't be hit by surprise this weekend when 10 guys tell him that drifting is boring.

Is he on these forums at all?

michvin
2007.01.18, 12:11 PM
Drifting is all about style and judgement, not how many laps you can do with a drift car. It's definitely not boring with a drift layout. A drift layout should not have 90 deg barriers or 40Ft straightaway.
of course, it is a matter of taste. My PERSONAL opinion is that it is boring :)

michvin
2007.01.18, 12:17 PM
Maybe somebody should just send him an email. He seems pretty responsive. Also that way he won't be hit by surprise this weekend when 10 guys tell him that drifting is boring.

Is he on these forums at all?
we'll do it on the track. He listens to what people say

Lionblade
2007.01.18, 04:07 PM

Agreed, most people don't make it down the 40ft straight without crashing into the wall 55 times.

Fast drifting bores me..I'd rather have in-tight drifting, maybe even battles like D1..but that's a whole other load of time in and of itself.

Racing is just an easier way to go in order to pack everything into one night.

ActionRC
2007.01.18, 05:11 PM
I decided to pop on and see what was going on. I know it's been a while, but between work and the track and other responsibilities, it's hard to get on here as much as I would like to. My regular drivers know that I am easily accessible by email all day and at the track every Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, so I am always in the loop - just not always electronically on a forum.

As I have told many of you IN PERSON, I don't like forums very much because (in my opinion) they breed negativity, and give people a place to bash thoughts, other people, and ideas when they won't say something to someone's face. Those of you have raced 'recently' know that the straightway has not been 40 feet for three weeks now. Also, we have drifted around 90 turns many times and had lots of fun.

Also, the discussion of drifting has been brought up since yesterday, yet I announced this schedule over 3 weeks ago. If you guys didn't want to drift, why did you wait until the week it was scheduled to say something, and why didn't anyone except two of my regular racers say something to me - even if it was a bit late. Those of you who receive my 'pretty-much' weekly emails know that I always ask your opinions, and those of you who race at Action RC know that I always take votes and polls on EVERY decision I make. Why would you choose a public forum like this to express your opinions when you ALL know where I am at any given time - day and evening - if you have an opinion on something that you would to discuss?

Call me too sensitive, maybe, but I just don't understand. I am completely open and honest with all of you personally about everything, take ALL of your opinions into account - both in person and electronically, and would ask for the same respect back. All of my effort goes towards giving you guys the best racing experience possible, so if you have an opinion on something, instead of (or after) telling each other, TELL ME! It's not a "hassle."

Hope to see all of you guys tonight for Cash Racing and Saturday for points racing. If more people want to run Performance that Drift, I'll try to make it happen. People have told me that they will be coming to drift that are new to Action RC, so I have to see if they come of not. We'll see what happens Saturday. If you want to know what's going on, just call or email. It's that easy.

That's all for now.

arch2b
2007.01.18, 05:28 PM
i disagree with your opinion of public forums but hey, i moderate them so i'm a bit biased. i think this forum and the tracks and gtg section in particular are valuable assest and very useful if taken advantage of. it's well within your right to decide against it though. I host a club/track and i encourage others to discuss it as frequently as possible and found it has been very good at developing a positive awareness and opinion of our club/track. forums can be a valuable tool in disseminating information besides the use of email. it's much easier infact as you don't have to worry about tracking email addresses, emails getting lost in spam filters, etc.

i wholeheartedly agree that personal issues should be discussed personally but open discussion about the club/track in general i believe should be promoted and encouraged. again, you are well within your rights to disagree.

if you would like me to remove your club/track from the tracks and gtg section, please email me and i will do my best to comply with whatever requests you may have. it is afterall your club/track and will respect your wishes regarding the activity here pertaining to your club/track.

Spoon
2007.01.18, 05:59 PM
Let's just make sure we keep it cool here guys. I have only met Al once and interacted with him via email a couple of times and my impression (for what it's worth) is that Al is an upstanding guy. He provides a great resource for all of the racers in the area.

Al I also disagree with your general opinion on forums but that's your opinion. I think there is more generosity and consideration on the forum than any other I've seen. I am sure you've been to MTBR (based on your other hobby/feild) and that can turn into a flame fest with just a couple of meatheads on the forums.

As far as communicating with you earlier, we are all guilty of not really thinking about things until they are upon us. It's your call but you would be totally within your right to stick to the drifting schedule even if some people think it's boring. I commend you for trying to keep it interesting. One of the things that shop owners need to realize is that it's up to them to make their hobby the coolest thing on the block. You basically have to keep everyone interested or you aren't going to have anyone to sell products to.

Also, I don't think that people were being overly negative in ths thread. No one was really bashing drifting, just giving their opinion on it.

I just hope we all stay cool and respectful. As imx says, they are just little plastic cars.

...and hopefully I'll see you guys in Feb when I have to come up to Jersey.

SaiTam
2007.01.18, 06:41 PM
As far as communicating with you earlier, we are all guilty of not really thinking about things until they are upon us.

Why are we guilty?

BTW, I was there two weeks ago and I was racing on a full length straightaway (apprx. 40FT) with a hairpin at the end.

Spoon
2007.01.18, 07:05 PM
Why are we guilty?

Al was just saying that he posted the schedule three weeks ago and didn't hear any complaints about drifting until two days ago. I was just trying to say that it may be unrealistic to expect people to give feedback on something that is three weeks away.

I am not trying to post blame on anyone for anything.

imxlr8ed
2007.01.18, 07:14 PM
Put some cones to go around down the middle of the straight-away... should keep it interesting. I would guess you could always pin them down somehow, that shouldn't harm the RCP.

Al's a great guy !... but I do understand his lack of affinity for forum chatter. I have a few members who very rarely go online. (I'm the nominated loudmouth round my parts ! :eek: )

arch2b
2007.01.18, 07:24 PM
i just wanted to clarify that i was not commenting on the type of person al is. i am sure he's as good a person as everyone says he is :) i do not know al and would not dare insinuate as to what kind of person he is or isn't. i was merly expressing my opinion as to the use of forums. :p

i have met several of the guys who race there and would like to share the experience anytime i could, if i were not so far away :(

arch2b
2007.01.18, 07:48 PM
spoon, let me know when you go up to action rc again. i'd like to race with the ny guys again :)

ActionRC
2007.01.19, 11:19 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone. I think it goes without saying that I do not think that everything about forums is negative. Discussions about racing stories, tuning and setup tips, etc., are all great, and thankfully there are lots of them. It is (was) not my intent to monitor this forum or restrict anyone from saying anything that they want to. I appreciate that many of you help to promote the track on this forum, because without growth the track will die, and I don't think any of us want that to happen. I don't know who some of you are, although some I could figure out, but anyone who races at Action RC knows that 1) I am an open book in that I share everything with you, and 2) I ask for your feedback on EVERYTHING. All I was saying in my previous post is that I don't appreciate reading subtle verbal attacks or comments (both of which I've seen in the two times I have visited this forum) on a public forum suggesting that I should do something different than I do before at least mentioning it to me first. I think that is a fair request. It just seems as though some people just never have a nice thing to say, and some people are never happy, which has always been the case with every form of RC racing I have ever been involved with in the last 20 years. (I'm not new to this, guys.)

I LOVE trying to take the inside line of a hairpin or 90 turn to make the pass. I LOVE trying weave through the tight sections one week, and then pressing in the 9-tooth for a fast open track the next week. I love racing on ANY track; I'll race Zip-Zaps on a sheet of plywood if we all have them and are all running the same track conditions to navigate through. Yet, I have seen people say the track is too fast, too technical, too big, too small, and so on and so on. For my entire life, RC is how became the race car driver that I always wanted to be, so as long as I have fun people to race against, cool cars to drive and work on, and a friendly and competitive atmosphere, I'm happy - regardless of the track layout. It's a very simplistic approach to racing, but like I said, I can never make everyone happy, but I sure try to.

Keep in mind that all it takes is one negative post out of a thousand positive ones to stick in someone's head, and if that someone is a new driver looking for a new place to race in NYC, your negative comment might stop him or her from coming - more than likely unjustifiably so. All I ask is that if you have a comment or question that you think a new person might read and think twice about coming, or interpret as a negative, please let me know first directly before making it public. I can't be on a forum all day at work, but my email is always up - info@actionRCspeedway.com .

Let's just move on. PLEASE don't beat this topic to death - we have so many great things to talk about instead, like...

We had a great time at the track last night! I'll let everyone know how it went since NONE of you were there! (That's my 'dig' back at you guys - Haha!) Joe G won the Barrett-Jackson Guess-the-Bid Contest, guessing $38,000 for a $48,000 '66 Cutlass convertible, and took home a set of front and rear tires of his choice. Lil' Joe beat the competition to win $10 in Division 3, and Joe G beat Nick C and "B" to win $10 in Division 2. In Division 1, I FINALLY beat Johnathan, who put in the 3010 board last night, so I got to KEEP my $10!!! Finally! He started getting used to it by the end, though, so look out Saturday! We also abused Nick about his Mini-Z science project, welcomed back John G who used to race at the old track, and installed a 3010 board in Davey's F1 and MR02, so again, I'll say, LOOK OUT! (Kidding, Davey - you've been doing very well lately.)

By the way - I owe Sai a slight apology. The short straight layout was down for practice since 1/10, then racing 1/13, and another week for practice this week, so this will be the second race night (1/20), but it has been down for almost 2 weeks, not 3. Miscalculated - sorry.

That's all I've got for now. I know I'm a bit wordy, but that's the reason that you're never in the dark. Thanks again, guys, and I hope to see you all Saturday for Week 3 of the 14th Championship Point Series! Remember - you have 3 drops / misses to use, so you're all still in it - even if you have not raced lately!

SaiTam
2007.01.19, 12:10 PM
Phil

I looked at both of your MR-02 Boards and I think both are damaged.

I'll try to rescue one of them and see if it works(I doubt).

Once the pads are gone there's no guarantee the board will still be functional. I maybe wrong.

Who took out the FETs on those boards?

Spoon
2007.01.19, 12:14 PM
Phil

I looked at both of your MR-02 Boards and I think both are damaged.

I'll try to rescue one of them and see if it works(I doubt).

Once the pads are gone there's no guarantee the board will still be functional. I maybe wrong.

Who took out the FETs on those boards?

I may have an AWD board available in a week or so if you can't get these running.

SaiTam
2007.01.19, 01:15 PM
I may have an AWD board available in a week or so if you can't get these running.

Are you upgrading to AD Band for your AWD? The conversion is a pain.

EMU
2007.01.19, 01:39 PM
I LOVE trying to take the inside line of a hairpin or 90 turn to make the pass. I LOVE trying weave through the tight sections one week, and then pressing in the 9-tooth for a fast open track the next week. I love racing on ANY track; I'll race Zip-Zaps on a sheet of plywood if we all have them and are all running the same track conditions to navigate through. Yet, I have seen people say the track is too fast, too technical, too big, too small, and so on and so on. For my entire life, RC is how became the race car driver that I always wanted to be, so as long as I have fun people to race against, cool cars to drive and work on, and a friendly and competitive atmosphere, I'm happy - regardless of the track layout.
I definitely agree with you here. As long as you are on the same playing field, it doesnt matter how big the cars are, or how fast... as long as they are close in performance you can still get some good racing going on :p

As far as drifting... I would be interested in drifting, but as I mentioned when you first had the idea, I wouldnt want to give up AWD performance to drift. I havent drifted in quite a while... so I am interested in giving it another try. I think that drift racing is more like ice racing than drifting, since I for one dont really know how to drift. I am not against drifting, but am much more interested in performance racing.

Spoon
2007.01.19, 02:02 PM
Are you upgrading to AD Band for your AWD? The conversion is a pain.

Sort of...I am thinking of putting a BET board (from a Mini-Z boat) in my AWD. I am just trying to get some answers on it now. We have confirmed that the BET board can be controlled by the Helios AD module, now I am just trying to figure out if I can ad two FETs to the board and get the same response out of it.

philly123
2007.01.19, 06:06 PM
Sai, eugene said if the tabs fall off on the side closest to the motor wires then just solder the legs directly to the motor wire terminal. but if its gunna ruin the new fets then just dont do it and i will buy a new board

EMU
2007.01.19, 07:51 PM
If you bridge all of the legs to a wire, then solder it to the motor terminal... it should work. On the other side of the fet, you would have to follow the trace back a little, shave away a little of the green material then solder a lead to the fet leg. It is a very difficult job to do, which I definitely do not have the skills to do.

On one of my older Nelly modified Iwaver cars, I had a fet pad that lifted... and I had to follow the trace and shave a little of the green off to solder the nelly to. It worked well... but the boards steering got screwed after a while.

SaiTam
2007.01.19, 08:35 PM
I'll give it a try on the board with broken tabs on the output side

philly123
2007.01.22, 12:41 AM
ok let me kno how it goes,

ActionRC
2007.01.23, 09:54 AM
Hi, everyone! Thank you to those who came out on Saturday night for racing at Action RC Mini Speedway! We had a really nice turnout, which lead to some really great racing in EVERY class and in EVERY division! It's really great to see drivers that were once slamming the boards getting around the track cleanly and smoothly. Let's keep it going - we have some really exciting points battles going on and great side-by-side racing. Hope to see everyone again this week for practice tomorrow and Cash Racing Thursday!

LouC
2007.01.23, 02:59 PM
Hi, everyone! Thank you to those who came out on Saturday night for racing at Action RC Mini Speedway! We had a really nice turnout, which lead to some really great racing in EVERY class and in EVERY division! It's really great to see drivers that were once slamming the boards getting around the track cleanly and smoothly. Let's keep it going - we have some really exciting points battles going on and great side-by-side racing. Hope to see everyone again this week for practice tomorrow and Cash Racing Thursday!

I agree - it was a great night of racing. It was a great night of wrenching for me!!! I am now an expert in taking apart an AWD....... :eek:

SaiTam
2007.01.23, 09:26 PM
Lou

I powered up your AWD using my Helios and there was no steering problem. I could turn left and right to the maximum throw.

Phil

I'll start doing one of your boards on Thurs or Fri.

philly123
2007.01.24, 12:54 AM
isent the pn race coming up soon

LouC
2007.01.24, 07:41 AM
Lou

I powered up your AWD using my Helios and there was no steering problem. I could turn left and right to the maximum throw.

Phil

I'll start doing one of your boards on Thurs or Fri.

Sai - did you try to drive it?
It is very difficult to see the problem without putting it on the track.

LouC
2007.01.24, 11:33 AM
EMU - thanks again for lending me those parts. I have the replacements for you in my pit box. I cannot come racing this Saturday though. If you need them, I can drop them off to Al - if not I will be there next Sat 2/3. Let me know.

EMU
2007.01.24, 01:11 PM
EMU - thanks again for lending me those parts. I have the replacements for you in my pit box. I cannot come racing this Saturday though. If you need them, I can drop them off to Al - if not I will be there next Sat 2/3. Let me know.
Im in no rush for them. I can get them on 2/3 ;)

philly123
2007.01.28, 07:33 PM
hey sai is the board ok

SaiTam
2007.01.28, 08:13 PM
I did one and it had intermittent power. I'll redo it in the week.

philly123
2007.01.29, 11:38 AM
ok r u gunna be there this saturday

ActionRC
2007.01.31, 01:48 PM
Hi, everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that the new layout is awesome! I'll have pics at www.actionRCspeedway.com shortly! Don't miss this one - it's completely new! As always, we have practice racing tonight, Cash Racing tomorrow, and racing Saturday!

Last Saturday was a lot of fun. The B-main battle between Crop and Nick was incredible to watch, and the A-Main battle was very stressful for me!!! Jonathan and Phil have gotten so good that it is absolutely amazing. I'm working on a way to get results on the website, so just be a little patient while I work that out. Thanks! See you all during the week and on Saturday! - Al

philly123
2007.01.31, 07:39 PM
i appreciate it al and you have gotten very good urself to and the layout looks really technical for this week!

SaiTam
2007.02.02, 12:10 PM
I am going to Canada this weekend. I'm bringing the boards with me so Philip from PN Racing can take a look. He is the expert.

ok r u gunna be there this saturday

philly123
2007.02.04, 05:28 AM
is there different 3004 fets, like the fets on the old 02 boards that i used for foward and reverse can i now use them on my awd for the steering fets

EMU
2007.02.04, 12:10 PM
is there different 3004 fets, like the fets on the old 02 boards that i used for foward and reverse can i now use them on my awd for the steering fets
The 3004 fets for steering are the same fets as the motor fets on the older 01/015/02/MZM/OL/F1 boards. You can use them for steering on an AWD.

LouC
2007.02.05, 07:39 AM
Phil - I ordered you a Murc clip - $9 - I will have it the next
time I race 2/24 - if you dont want it dont worry- i will sell it to someone else.

philly123
2007.02.05, 03:26 PM
ok ill let you kno bc im a little short on money bc i just fried my awd board but ill let u kno ill prob take it

SaiTam
2007.02.08, 03:49 PM
Phil

I left your boards with Lou; he will give them to Adam so that you can get them on Saturday. I couldn't get the boards to work 100%. I am returning the boards to you as well as your FETs(never used).

Sai

philly123
2007.02.12, 11:29 PM
ok thanks sai, if i put 4562 2by2 on an awd board and run a speedy awd motor will the board and motor get to hot

SaiTam
2007.02.13, 09:02 AM
No, I put one 4562 on my friend's AWD and even with a Modified Macho motor there was no overheating issue. Just make sure you use the right gearing. Also make sure you drivetrain is free from binding.

philly123
2007.02.13, 04:23 PM
so i got 2by2 on the board and im goin to use a macho modified wat should my gearing be, also wat should it be for a regualr speedy awd because im not sure can i run a speedy nm on a stock awd board

EMU
2007.02.13, 11:09 PM
I would think that the Speedy NM would draw less amps than the Speedy AWD... Both should be Neo Mag motors, NM has a BB can, while the AWD has bushing can. The NM should have more winds than the AWD, making it not as hot of a Motor. The NM has 47t while the AWD is 43t. The NM should have much less current draw than the AWD. The AWD is near the limit of the 3010 FETs from what I have been reading. Generally using Neo Magnets reduce the current draw since the permanant magnets are stronger, when the electro magnet is charged, it will rotate the armature faster (more torque), however, will reduce the rpm of the armature.

I know that the Anima is a 33t, and the Saber is 35t. The Macho is 33t as well... and all should have Neo Mags... which leads me to believe that the Macho should be nearly identical to the Anima as far as current draw is concerned...

Gearing on my AWD is 19/27 with the Speedy AWD. The car that Jonathan was using (and fried) was using a prototype PN Speedy 05 armature (from PN race before the PN 05 was marketed), in a PN BB can with ferrite magnets. He was running a 17/27 ratio, since the motor had a higher RPM. With a Macho, I would start with the 17/27 ratio. If it has too much top end speed, you can try to lower it a little. I would try to keep the top end speed around the same as the stock motors, and gain by having better acceleration. If you increase the top end speed, your suspension setup may need more tweaking to keep it handling well.

philly123
2007.02.14, 01:12 AM
so i have 2 foward and 2 reverse 4562 fets and a speedy awd with a 17/27 gear ratio is that ok

SaiTam
2007.02.14, 08:27 AM
Yes, just check your motor temperature after running

MINIz guy11
2007.02.14, 11:25 AM
Sai, next time you're at Willy's, could you help me with a FET stack and replacement? I am thinking about adding a single layer of 4562s on my MA-010 and replacing the 3004 FETs on my F1 with the 3010 FETs on my MA-010. I still have another pair of 4562s still, so should I also stack it over the single layer of 4562s I will already add?

philly123
2007.02.14, 06:08 PM
does any1 know how the turn out is on thursday nites at ARCMS

monkey19
2007.02.14, 07:36 PM
does any1 know how the turn out is on thursday nites at ARCMS

Its hit or miss, sometimes 10 sometimes 4 or 5. I usually go on Thursday nights because its hard for me to go on Saterday nights. I will most likely be there this thursday.

philly123
2007.02.21, 01:33 AM
hey lou u guna be there this saturday

LouC
2007.02.21, 07:17 AM
hey lou u guna be there this saturday

Yeah - I'll be there.....I have your boards

ActionRC
2007.02.21, 04:59 PM
Hi, everyone! Just a quick hello and reminder that Saturday is Trophy Night! Lots of good points battles are going on, so I hope to see all of you there! Remember - you only need five out of eight weeks to be eligible in the points standings. Last Wednesday was really quiet between the snow and Valentine's day (nice to see you guys are so romantic), but Thursday was great and we had a really nice gift certificate giveaway! I hope to see the same guys and more this week! The more people, the bigger the prizes.

Also... KC and I put down a really cool layout for this week! Come and check it out!

That's all for now. Sorry to hear about CP - it looked like a really cool place and they're a great group of guys. I wish you all well.

- Al

mini me
2007.02.22, 11:51 PM
Wow, had a great time tonight at ActionRC. It was my first time there and it was a great experience. The track is sick too. I did pretty well for my first time ever racing on a track. I highly recommend anyone who is thinking of going to GO!!! Great crowd too.

EMU
2007.02.23, 01:46 AM
Glad you had fun racing. Action RC is a good track to race at, with many competetive racers. I couldnt make it last week, but should be there this week if I can get a ride. Hope to see you there :D

monkey19
2007.02.23, 09:24 AM
Wow, had a great time tonight at ActionRC. It was my first time there and it was a great experience. The track is sick too. I did pretty well for my first time ever racing on a track. I highly recommend anyone who is thinking of going to GO!!! Great crowd too.

Mini me what car were you racing?

willus
2007.02.23, 10:03 AM
HI

I have some time in the next few weeks and would like to run my Mini AWD on the track. I live in brooklyn(right off Prospect Park), but have no car. What's the best way to get to this track? Would a bus from the ferry be the best way? thanks!

SaiTam
2007.02.23, 10:35 AM
Going back home after the race maybe very time consuming.

See if you can get a couple of racers from Bklyn who can carpool with. There are guys in Manhattan who are carpooling though.

mini me
2007.02.23, 05:36 PM
Mini me what car were you racing?

I'm driving an Awd with the skyline body. While i was there i bought a few parts for it; Kyosho Awd Xspeed motor, 19t Pn racing pinion gear, antenna, Comm drops and the Kyosho Ball bearing.

I just installed it today, wow what a difference these 2 parts made, can't believe it. Anyone not looking for a fet upgrade, i recommend this motor. Also Al has the best price i've seen on those bearing by far. Looking forward to go back again to test out my awd.

EMU
2007.02.23, 05:42 PM
HI

I have some time in the next few weeks and would like to run my Mini AWD on the track. I live in brooklyn(right off Prospect Park), but have no car. What's the best way to get to this track? Would a bus from the ferry be the best way? thanks!
If you go by public transportation, from the ferry you take the SIR (Railway) to Atlantic, then walk less than 5 minutes in the opposite direction that the train is going (on the side of the track that you are let off at, not crossing the bridge). You will see a sign for Atlas Gym, ActionRC is in the larger warehouse building on the 2nd floor.

willus
2007.02.24, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the directions!

CDR racing
2007.02.26, 07:02 PM
Hey Lou
Can u bring me that intigee discharger ting u were telling me about saturday. It has the stock tamiya clips on it right? I dont have deans on my batteris so it has to be those clips

philly123
2007.02.26, 09:54 PM
hey eugene could u juss let me kno about that tire order becase lou said that their are A,B,and C for 8 degree rears and he said only one pair is good and i think he said the A was the best but just let me kno what they stand for if you can thnks ttyl

EMU
2007.02.26, 10:08 PM
I tried out all of the tire types in the past couple weeks. A>B>D>C. I am only going to get the A type, since they are substancially better than any other rear tires that I have tried. The D arent bad for an RM car, but on an MM car the rear end is a little too loose. I am running a D set on my yellow Countach for spec class. The B are what I am running on my AWD, and they arent too bad on it, but I dont think they would be enough grip for an MM MR02 with 3010 fets.

I miss the old tires that I used to use. They were great, on a modified car I allways felt like I had great grip. The tires now even on a stock class car arent enough grip, and I have to drive like a grandma. I think I am going to be running RM cars for a little while until I can get the right tire setup for an MM car. Its close... but not quite where I want to be. Ill have a little push in the start of the race, and by the end of the race I am oversteering.

philly123
2007.02.26, 10:43 PM
ok i gueess ill get 5 pairs or those then

ActionRC
2007.02.26, 11:53 PM
Hi, everyone! I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for an absolutely awesome Point Series! Last Saturday concluded the 14th Championship Series, and our racing series continues to evolve and grow with better track layouts, better competition, and above all - we're having a lot of fun. Without the enthusiasm of my fellow drivers, Action RC could not survive.

I would like to congratulate our current and most recently named champions:

Division 1 - Jonathan and Phil - Jonathan and Phil tied for the lead, so although Jonathan doesn't know this yet, Phil has agreed to a 3-minute shootout to determine the Division 1 championship. I thank Phil for agreeing to this (and even suggesting it) since Jonathan was away this week. It should be a good race, and it will go down this coming Saturday! Don't miss this one!!!

Division 2- Crop - CDR Racing battled it out amongst themselves (father vs. son vs. son), and in the end the youngest CDR member - Cropduster - won the title. Crop's been doing really well lately, and has been very helpful to me, so he deserved it! A big Thank You goes out to him as well.

Division 3 - "B" - With a few B Mains now under his belt, B has been running his #20 Home Depot Lamborghini Murcielago to win many C Mains, and even got into a few, um, B's!

Formula 1 - Adam - Who beat me by like one point because my kingpin fell out on the first lap!!! I got robbed!!! Seriously, great job, Adam. I look forward to my revenge against you and Junior for taking two F1 titles from me! I still can't believe I lost an E Clip!!!

MR015 Spec - Jonathan - Dominated - what else can I say. The kid's got a natural talent for this RC thing.

AWD - Phil - Fast and smooth - exactly what it takes to be the champ. It is a spectacle to watch him guide that car around the track. It's like it's on rails, and he put up a really great AWD Main against Joe and several other good cars. Like I said, the racing's been great!

Most Improved - "B" - he getting better and better. It must be because he's the latest Tony Stewart Superfan! Who would be so obsessive as to have everything in their wardrobe from hats to shoes with Home Depot logos and # 20's on them, and have every other word out of their mouth be "Tony" or "Stewart"? Oh, wait. My wife told me she's tired of seeing me in nothing but orange, so I guess I can't talk. Go "B", and go Tony!

This coming Saturday marks the beginning of our 15th Championship Series. I am sure it will be another great one, so if you did not run for points last series, get in on it now! You only need 5 of 8 weeks to be eligible, and you won't believe this series trophies!

OH - I almost forgot! This past Thursday we had a great turnout for Gift Certificate Racing, and gathered up a $75 pot! We split it among three divisions, so everyone in the room had a shot at a prize. It was great! Thanks for showing up, everyone.

The lap counter is working 100% perfect (everyone knock on wood), so we've been having a great time with fully announced races - every race was exciting! See everyone soon!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

LouC
2007.02.27, 07:10 AM
Hey Lou
Can u bring me that intigee discharger ting u were telling me about saturday. It has the stock tamiya clips on it right? I dont have deans on my batteris so it has to be those clips

Yes it does have the tamiya clip on it.
I will bring is Saturday

philly123
2007.02.27, 10:06 PM
is any1 looking to sell an 015

SaiTam
2007.02.28, 09:54 AM
I have one with 3010 FET on it, do you still want it?

Are you looking for a bare chassis with board or one with motor mount?

sjm324
2007.02.28, 02:16 PM
I have one with 3010 FET on it, do you still want it?

Are you looking for a bare chassis with board or one with motor mount?

Sai, how much do u want for it

SaiTam
2007.02.28, 02:26 PM
Tell me how you would like me to configure it: MM; RM; HM; Damper disc; shock, etc........ With body or not, etc...... I have every configuration possible; or I can just sell the chassis without motor mount and suspension.

What do you intend to use it for? I can downgrade it to 3004 FET if needed.

philly123
2007.02.28, 03:20 PM
i would like it with the 3010 fets an midmotor let me kno when we can meet or exchange it with lou and the price i dont need a motor or rims and wheels, just the car setup minus the rims,tires, and motor
- i am using it to run a mro15 stock class at action rc
- if u could give it to lou so i could get it for this saturday that would be awsome and then i llgive lou the money on saturday to give to u
- im need all the hop ups like bearings, disk dampener, so let me kno what you can put on it to make it hadle good and a body but it cant be a body that goes on an 02 also.

LouC
2007.02.28, 03:27 PM
i would like it with the 3010 fets an midmotor let me kno when we can meet or exchange it with lou and the price i dont need a motor or rims and wheels, just the car setup minus the rims,tires, and motor
- i am using it to run a mro15 stock class at action rc
- if u could give it to lou so i could get it for this saturday that would be awsome and then i llgive lou the money on saturday to give to u
- im need all the hop ups like bearings, disk dampener, so let me kno what you can put on it to make it hadle good and a body but it cant be a body that goes on an 02 also.

Im not sure we can use 3010's in 015 spec??? You should ask Al.

SaiTam
2007.02.28, 04:35 PM
I'd suggest running a 934 86mm MR-015 RM or Shelby Cobra 90mm RM for this class.

I beleive the rule is 3004 FET only.

However, you'd either need to drill two holes on the stock motor or use the stock plastic RM mount since no Aftermarket motors are allowed.

I'll find out what i have at home tonight.

philly123
2007.02.28, 07:43 PM
ok juss let me know then ill take it with 3004 fets becuz al said they dont make 015s with 3010s so therefore its not stock so u have to run 3004 fets if u can give me the motor with the alum motor mount already drilled let me kno cuz i don wanna do tht stuff but let me know the price to

Spoon
2007.02.28, 10:49 PM
I tried out all of the tire types in the past couple weeks. A>B>D>C. I am only going to get the A type, since they are substancially better than any other rear tires that I have tried. The D arent bad for an RM car, but on an MM car the rear end is a little too loose. I am running a D set on my yellow Countach for spec class. The B are what I am running on my AWD, and they arent too bad on it, but I dont think they would be enough grip for an MM MR02 with 3010 fets.

I miss the old tires that I used to use. They were great, on a modified car I allways felt like I had great grip. The tires now even on a stock class car arent enough grip, and I have to drive like a grandma. I think I am going to be running RM cars for a little while until I can get the right tire setup for an MM car. Its close... but not quite where I want to be. Ill have a little push in the start of the race, and by the end of the race I am oversteering.

EMU I am simply amazed that you can tell a difference between the tread types. Maybe it's just that I can't imagine spending enough time and energy to try the same compound in each different tread.

What kind of tires are you using that are causing you to go from understeer to oversteer by the end of the race? How long are the heats? Also, is that a stock MM car or mod?

LouC
2007.03.01, 07:01 AM
EMU I am simply amazed that you can tell a difference between the tread types. Maybe it's just that I can't imagine spending enough time and energy to try the same compound in each different tread.

What kind of tires are you using that are causing you to go from understeer to oversteer by the end of the race? How long are the heats? Also, is that a stock MM car or mod?

I too have tried the A, B, and C gpm 8's. I only like the "A". The B and C were a big difference, I could not get the rear to stick with them.

sjm324
2007.03.01, 08:33 AM
I too have tried the A, B, and C gpm 8's. I only like the "A". The B and C were a big difference, I could not get the rear to stick with them.

I agree the 8 "A" gpms are the better tires, they stick right out of the bag. The only negative about them is the life of the tires. I find they dont last as long, even after cleaning them btwn heats. I have tires that look brand new and they just dont stick. The best rear tires were the old kenon 8s those were sticky and they lasted forever

ActionRC
2007.03.01, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if any MR015's are coming with 3010 FETS yet? I've heard they might be, but have been unable to find out which ones, if any. I want to know specifically, if anyone knows.

By the way - In addition to the MR015 chassis' that I always carry, I just two BEAUTIFUL Jaegermeister Porsches - the 934 and 935 - Readyset at a discounted price. They are gorgeous!

Phil - Um, I have some MR015's for sale too, you know. - Al

AWESOME LAYOUT THIS WEEK - RACING SHOULD BE INCREDIBLE TONIGHT AND SATURDAY! DON'T LET A LITTLE RAIN SCARE YOU - ESPECIALLY YOU 'A & B MAIN' GUYS! We need some more top level guys for Thursday night racing! Come on!

SaiTam
2007.03.01, 08:52 PM
The Porsche 934 and 935 were the first MR-015 ready sets that came with 3010 FETs. The label on the side should say that.

michvin
2007.03.01, 09:05 PM
Does anyone know if any MR015's are coming with 3010 FETS yet? I've heard they might be, but have been unable to find out which ones, if any. I want to know specifically, if anyone knows.

By the way - In addition to the MR015 chassis' that I always carry, I just two BEAUTIFUL Jaegermeister Porsches - the 934 and 935 - Readyset at a discounted price. They are gorgeous!

Phil - Um, I have some MR015's for sale too, you know. - Al

AWESOME LAYOUT THIS WEEK - RACING SHOULD BE INCREDIBLE TONIGHT AND SATURDAY! DON'T LET A LITTLE RAIN SCARE YOU - ESPECIALLY YOU 'A & B MAIN' GUYS! We need some more top level guys for Thursday night racing! Come on!
Chassis kits are available in Japan, at least i saw them on ebay with the blue sticker. Can't find one now though

SaiTam
2007.03.01, 11:23 PM
I have decided not to sell my car since I'll be using it at Bruckner. Here are some pics of the setup. Car runs great at the track over there; matching or beating MR02's time.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5799.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5806.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5809.JPG

michvin
2007.03.01, 11:54 PM
I have decided not to sell my car since I'll be using it at Bruckner. Here are some pics of the setup. Car runs great at the track over there; matching or beating MR02's time.

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5799.JPG

http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5809.JPG
At Bruckner? What do you mean?

SaiTam
2007.03.01, 11:59 PM
At Bruckner? What do you mean?

Bruckner hobbies has a track in Nanuet, NY; about 30 mins away from me. I only run on Wed night sometimes.

And for those who want to run a MR-015 without wanting to buy a new car, you can convert one easily from a MR-01 or MR-02 with a few parts.

michvin
2007.03.02, 01:01 AM
Bruckner hobbies has a track in Nanuet, NY; about 30 mins away from me. I only run on Wed night sometimes.

And for those who want to run a MR-015 without wanting to buy a new car, you can convert one easily from a MR-01 or MR-02 with a few parts.
you mean the brruckner hobbies in the Bronx?

SaiTam
2007.03.02, 11:49 AM
No, upstate NY.

I think they only run on Wed (from 7pm-12pm). The track is owned by Ron and the lap counter by Maj; both of whom I am sure you have raced before in HKS and South Shore hobby. They are great racers.

There's a guy there who also has a track at his home too.

michvin
2007.03.02, 11:52 AM
No, upstate NY.

I think they only run on Wed (from 7pm-12pm). The track is owned by Ron and the lap counter by Maj; both of whom I am sure you have raced before in HKS and South Shore hobby. They are great racers.

There's a guy there who also has a track at his home too.
Yeah, i know both of them. Great guys

EMU
2007.03.03, 12:35 AM

Im using Kyosho 20d radial tires in the front, with GPM 8d in the rear. It may also be my driving style, and the cars setups (I usually run hard rear soft front suspension to give more corner speed). I think it takes longer for the front tires to get up to racing temperature, and when they do its too much front grip for my sensitive steering. I have started dumbing down my settings to make the cars a little more forgiving... now im not as fast at the start of the races, but the rear doesnt get as loose towards the end.

The different tread types make a huge difference on the amount of rear bite the car has. On AWD I like the B tread, on 2wd I like the A tread. Im just going to order a bunch of A tread and use them for 2wd, when they wear down too much they will go to AWD. On most of my 015 setups I like using narrow tires in the rear (faster response, and faster acceleration/ about 1.5g lighter), so they arent really needed for that class since we are using Kyosho box stock motors.

Since our race series ended last week, I completely overhauled my setups for the next race series. For AWD I am going to run McLaren, I am going to run an MR02 again in 2wd Stock with the LP500S body(was running 015 all last point series), and in 015 Stock I am going to use Audi TT (LP400 is now on my 015 stock chassis instead of the spec chassis). Both my LP500S and LP400 have identical cracks down the right sides from the front wheel well nearly to the rear. I CA'd them and hopefully they will last.

junior
2007.03.04, 11:50 AM
EMU when sanding down my F1 tire. How do you recommend doing it? I don't want to take to much off it. But I need the thing to turn. HA. Good racing last night...nice come back for second in the A main.

EMU
2007.03.04, 12:38 PM
EMU when sanding down my F1 tire. How do you recommend doing it? I don't want to take to much off it. But I need the thing to turn. HA. Good racing last night...nice come back for second in the A main.
Thanks, it was a tough start... and took me a while to get the car warmed up. I have to use very little throttle in the turns, and have to wait until it is relatively straight before I can floor it. You cannot push that car, you have to drive it gently. The same way I came back for 2nd in Stock, I lost it in in 015 spec :eek:

About the tire, you just want to scuff it up a little... the best way to keep it even around the tire is to put the wheel on a dremel or drill (using a spare ball diff shaft to hold the wheel), and use a fairly low RPM setting, press the wheel lightly and flat against a coarse or medium grit sandpaper. I dont remember whether the front wheels have the notch for the wheel adapter on the differential, if it does not, then you would be better off moving to the next option...

The alternative and easier method (slightly less precise, but MUCH easier) is just to sand the tire lightly with a coarse grip while it is on the car... you dont need to take alot off, just roughen the tire up so it is not as smooth. 3-5 scrapes should be enough to roughen it up enough to increase traction. 1/3 of the tire at a time (in the direction that the tire rolls), trying to be even around the wheel.

We used to have to sand our tires before every run when we ran at canal street. If you didnt sand them, grip would be dramatically reduced by the 3rd run (mainly front tires), and they would look like they were polished.

philly123
2007.03.04, 07:13 PM
-hey eugene did they have them in stock
- sai were did you get that wire that you use for the antenna

CDR racing
2007.03.04, 07:52 PM
Junior if you can stop out sometime during the week i will do it for you i have a dremel.

MINIz guy11
2007.03.04, 08:56 PM
Phil, I believe thats Cat5e wire you get at Home Depot. Seems like the same stuff I use atleast.

SaiTam
2007.03.04, 09:24 PM
-hey eugene did they have them in stock
- sai were did you get that wire that you use for the antenna

You mean the purple wire? I have a whole bunch of them in Queens I can give to everyone for free. I'll get it next time I go back to my Queens home.

philly123
2007.03.04, 09:40 PM
ok cool becuz i would like using that better than the stock antenna, it is alot more durable and u can use it for any body

CDR racing
2007.03.09, 06:36 PM
Hey Guys just thought i would let everyone noe that Al got the NASCAR readysets in. They dont have the autoscales yet but he got the RTR's. they're all sold out rite now but he is makin another order this week so jus lettin everyone noe

EMU
2007.03.12, 04:03 AM
I have been wanting to run an Endurance race for a while. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people would be interested in running an Enduro... I am sure that if there are enough people interested, Al would run it. It could be setup as a stand alone trophy race, or possibly included into the points series somehow.

I am just trying to throw some ideas around here, I have not spoken with Al about setting anything up, just wanted to get a feel if people would be interested.

A few options that I have been thinking about... multi-class racing. We could have a 'stock' class, with standard 'stock' rules and regulations, an AWD that use stock fets and motors, and a prototype class with modified cars of either class. I assume that there will be very few people that would run the prototype class, but it would be good to have there anyway. The cars would not have to be a 'modified' car, but could be a car that does not fit the standard rules, whether it be a specific motor you want to run or chassis that you want to use (custom)...

We would probably have to use teams if there is a large turnout, or run 2 1hr races with 2 groups... so that there are marshalls on the track any time that there are races going on.

The guys in DC have started setting up an Enduro http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=258204#post258204 and if I can, I will be going. From what I am getting from the thread, they are planning on running it like a spec class, with little to no hopups... I am more for an open class personally, and would like to try to get some endurance racing setup regularly at ARCMS. I think that if it there are trophies and possible prizes involved it would also help the turnout.
I would be more than willing to donate a few things for prizes...

Just trying to throw some ideas out there to see if people are interested in running some Enduro's or even stand alone trophy races (like the PN races)...

LouC
2007.03.12, 07:51 AM
I have been wanting to run an Endurance race for a while. I just wanted to get an idea of how many people would be interested in running an Enduro... I am sure that if there are enough people interested, Al would run it. It could be setup as a stand alone trophy race, or possibly included into the points series somehow.

I am just trying to throw some ideas around here, I have not spoken with Al about setting anything up, just wanted to get a feel if people would be interested.

A few options that I have been thinking about... multi-class racing. We could have a 'stock' class, with standard 'stock' rules and regulations, an AWD that use stock fets and motors, and a prototype class with modified cars of either class. I assume that there will be very few people that would run the prototype class, but it would be good to have there anyway. The cars would not have to be a 'modified' car, but could be a car that does not fit the standard rules, whether it be a specific motor you want to run or chassis that you want to use (custom)...

We would probably have to use teams if there is a large turnout, or run 2 1hr races with 2 groups... so that there are marshalls on the track any time that there are races going on.

The guys in DC have started setting up an Enduro http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=258204#post258204 and if I can, I will be going. From what I am getting from the thread, they are planning on running it like a spec class, with little to no hopups... I am more for an open class personally, and would like to try to get some endurance racing setup regularly at ARCMS. I think that if it there are trophies and possible prizes involved it would also help the turnout.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there to see if people are interested in running some Enduro's or even stand alone trophy races (like the PN races)...

He used to run enduro's but didnt have much of a turnout. I agree with a 1 day Trophy race, that would be fun. Run all the normal classes plus an enduro. Do a full day of racing!! That might attract some "out of towners" too. For the enduro, I would suggest running the most popular class which is the MR02 stock class that we run. That way, you have a better chance of a good turnout with a level playing field.

arch2b
2007.03.12, 10:10 AM
thanks for the interest emu and i look forward to racing against you again;)

our endurance race was setup from the begining to be unique ie; it being a hand out race essentially. i would love to do a more open clas endurance race as well at a later time in dc. we may make the endurance event an anual or bi-anual thing depending on how much interest/turnout is generated timed with the end of an hfay season.

l'll be watching this to see how it developes and see if i can't get a couple of our guys to attend :)

michvin
2007.03.12, 01:23 PM
He used to run enduro's but didnt have much of a turnout. I agree with a 1 day Trophy race, that would be fun. Run all the normal classes plus an enduro. Do a full day of racing!! That might attract some "out of towners" too. For the enduro, I would suggest running the most popular class which is the MR02 stock class that we run. That way, you have a better chance of a good turnout with a level playing field.
My 2 cents (just can't keep my mouth shut :) ):
Let's call it "stock" and run whatever car you want as long as it has stock board 3004/3010 and "legit" motor (speedy 05/x-speed). That would be enough regulated.

LouC
2007.03.12, 01:28 PM
Let's call it "stock" and run whatever car you want as long as it has stock board 3004/3010 and "legit" motor (speedy 05/x-speed). That would be enough regulated.

thats exactly what i meant by "mr02 stock class that we run"

michvin
2007.03.12, 01:50 PM
thats exactly what i meant by "mr02 stock class that we run"
i meant that awd and 015 should also be included :)

SaiTam
2007.03.12, 01:51 PM
Hey Mike I was parked on 69th St. and York Ave yesterday and saw you walked by. I yelled your name and you couldn't hear me with the earphones on.

sjm324
2007.03.12, 02:37 PM
Hey Mike I was parked on 69th St. and York Ave yesterday and saw you walked by. I yelled your name and you couldn't hear me with the earphones on.

Hey all, I emailed Al about an enduro a few weeks ago. He did not seem interested about it anymore. I think he wants to get a nascar class going. Which I am not crazy about. I also do not like the fact he is cutting F1 and 015 down to 2 qualifiers. Since I just bought EMUs 015(the best 015 set up) I was getting ready to hand it to all you wannabees :)

LouC
2007.03.12, 03:12 PM
i meant that awd and 015 should also be included :)

oh!! - i agree.... :o

CDR racing
2007.03.12, 03:18 PM
Hey all, I emailed Al about an enduro a few weeks ago. He did not seem interested about it anymore. I think he wants to get a nascar class going. Which I am not crazy about. I also do not like the fact he is cutting F1 and 015 down to 2 qualifiers. Since I just bought EMUs 015(the best 015 set up) I was getting ready to hand it to all you wannabees :)
This is adam rite?
Anyway i agree im not crazy about bumping the 015 down to two but he needed to sacrifice something and bumping the quals down to two. Plus, NASCAR is going to be a big hit. The first nite he got them five of them were sold. Al and I put the oval in last night after everyone left and i was having a lot of fun and that was jus one car. We get more of those on the track and it will be crazy. I don't want to give up the qual and i guess for the guys interested in oval it stinks even more but i think once you guys see these things run u will want to get in on it. By the way we be running exhibition oval racing this weekend. Also, the class will include cautuin flags, rolling starts, freezing the field, etc. I agree with you too EMU. I would love to run another enduro, but although everyone on this forum seems up to it, thats only about 5 or 6 out of the 20 there every week. I asked him about it and he said when he does enduros people seem to take it as a shot to take a week. And as for that 1 night trophy race thing hes got something cool in the works. He also has some sponsored events in the works, including a drift race so there will be some cool things coming up just gotta wait for al to settle things and get them goin. BTW I think he is doing some sort of special even after the halfway point this points series.

CDR racing
2007.03.12, 03:24 PM

The multi class racing thing sounds pretty cool, just that we have no time anymore unless he opened sundays but not everyone can make it out two days in a row

SaiTam
2007.03.12, 03:33 PM
Check out the wide radius oval RCP pieces:

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/rcp/

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/rcp/K15052.jpg

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/rcp/K15052(1).jpg

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/images/rcp/K15052(2).jpg

sjm324
2007.03.12, 03:48 PM
This is adam rite?
Anyway i agree im not crazy about bumping the 015 down to two but he needed to sacrifice something and bumping the quals down to two. Plus, NASCAR is going to be a big hit. The first nite he got them five of them were sold. Al and I put the oval in last night after everyone left and i was having a lot of fun and that was jus one car. We get more of those on the track and it will be crazy. I don't want to give up the qual and i guess for the guys interested in oval it stinks even more but i think once you guys see these things run u will want to get in on it. By the way we be running exhibition oval racing this weekend. Also, the class will include cautuin flags, rolling starts, freezing the field, etc. I agree with you too EMU. I would love to run another enduro, but although everyone on this forum seems up to it, thats only about 5 or 6 out of the 20 there every week. I asked him about it and he said when he does enduros people seem to take it as a shot to take a week. And as for that 1 night trophy race thing hes got something cool in the works. He also has some sponsored events in the works, including a drift race so there will be some cool things coming up just gotta wait for al to settle things and get them goin. BTW I think he is doing some sort of special even after the halfway point this points series.

Thats me Crop, I am not totally against the nascar thing. I just dont think it is fair to take away from the qualifiers. I also know once you start taking time away the class starts to fade. Plus the layout of the road course will probably wont be as technical as they have been. It will have to be an easier layout to accomodate for the oval change during the night. Also what time are we going to get out of there 2 am ?. I think Al has a good thing going on sat nights. Why change. Maybe he should try running oval on thursdays. Anyway these are just opinions. I dont want to ruffle any feathers.

arch2b
2007.03.12, 04:56 PM
i would email al regarding concerns about schedule changes, from what i know of him, he's very open to discussion with you guys :)

very neat to see a shop start a nascar class. i'm sure there will be many, many more doing the same thing in the coming months.

sjm324
2007.03.12, 05:19 PM
i would email al regarding concerns about schedule changes, from what i know of him, he's very open to discussion with you guys :)

very neat to see a shop start a nascar class. i'm sure there will be many, many more doing the same thing in the coming months.

He is very open to discussions. Al is great guy and runs a nice rc place. It is same story all over. The rc companies put out so many products for so many classes. I see it all over with other scale racing 1/10 th, 1/8th, mini, monster, micro. It can take 2 days to run a night of racing :) with all these options. Plus my bank account cant keep up since i am such an rc addict

LouC
2007.03.12, 05:42 PM
i dont mind cutting the qual's down to 2 - as long as the reg stock class stays 3 (which is what al said he was going to do)...gives me more time to eat :p

i will give oval a try - if they come out with the nascar body and we can use it on the 015's that we already have?

philly123
2007.03.12, 05:50 PM
-Lou, you cant run a regular 015 becuz it has brake the nascar 015 board dosent have brake just reverse so therefore you cant run the 015 until they change the boards in them

-I would deff be up to an enduro i we start an hour early on a sat nite

-Good racing on Saturday Sai :D

ActionRC
2007.03.12, 06:12 PM
Hi, everyone. Just a few notes to address some discussions...

- NASCAR: Every car I had sold in two days, so the interest is there. As long as Kyosho still has them in stock, there will be six arriving this week. As a huge NASCAR fan, and as someone who LOVED racing Oval in Englishtown, I can say that until you try it you will not know how much fun it is. As many of you know, I used to be open on Sundays for over 1.5 years, and open on Fridays for over 2.5 years. Both days, I sat there by myself, give or take the occasional practice guy or coincidental walk-in here and there. The racers - you guys - did not show up. I tried running the same classes in two different series on Saturdays and Sundays. No one came on Sunday. On Fridays, I have tried EVERY class, including 1/18th scale, which I dumped a LOT of money into at my customers' request, but few came through on. I tried 1/18th scale, Overland, Monster, etc., on various combos of Fridays and Sundays, and no one came. I've said it before - few of us are 'allowed', mostly by permission of the women in our lives (moms, wives, girlfriends, etc), to run more than one day or night on the weekend, and it has always been the case. I've tried pretty much every class that people have expressed even minor interest in, but it always comes down to the successful classes that we run on Saturday night. The NASCAR class had been building steam for a long time, and it has been the MOST requested body since the day I opened in June of 2004. I don't like messing with qualifiers either, nor do I want you guys racing until after 11:30. No other alternate class mentioned above has had more buzz around it than the NASCAR class.

The MR02 class will stay at 3 quals. I wouldn't mess with that class - it's our bread and butter. In the other classes, you pretty much know how well your car is and how well you can drive in in 2 quals, and since most of us are running at least 3 classes, there is still PLENTY of track time. I could not ignore the buzz surrounding the NASCAR class, and people's desire to compete in it, but I had to make what I think is a small sacrafice to fit it in. As far as time, we'll be down 5 quals, which is 25 minutes, (1 F1, 2 Spec MR015, and 2 AWD), and up 2 quals and a main (2 NASCAR), which is 17 minutes. We'll barely notice a time difference, so I don't think time is a big deal.

- ENDUROS: We used to run them fairly often, and they are a lot of fun. We used to run them in between points series, but like Crop said, I believe, people would take it is an opportunity to take a week off, and more than half of the regular drivers did not show up that week. Some have suggested making it a surprise Saturday night event, but that would not be fair to people who do not like enduros - and there are several. I have EXCELLENT Thursday night racing already - which most of you do not show up for - so to change what is becoming very successful night right now to an enduro night for people who generally don't come during the week would be a poor business decision. (As much as I LOVE ARCMS, if it doesn't make money to cover itself, it can't stay open. Sorry to bring up the reality.) We even ran an enduro called the Pedestrian 500 with potholes and parallel parking! I'm all for special events, but they usually end up costing me racer turnout. Also, as Crop mentioned, I have an event in planning which is going to be VERY cool, and I am working on sponsors and other aspects of it. I will keep all of you posted as soon as the details are nailed down.

LAYOUTS: The addition of the oval has made the track MORE technical - if we want it to be - not less! Crop and I did the math on Saturday night (Sunday morning) at 3:30AM (!!!), and there are 120 different combinations of road coarses on the track - if I don't change a thing! I can still make changes to it for even more layouts! I wouldn't worry about layouts of the technicality of the track - there are plenty of layouts and they're all very good in different ways.

I really LOVE hearing all of your input, so keep it coming. Come and check out the oval this week, and the new road course, as we'll be running alternating shifts of practice to run oval and road course. (Maybe some NASCAR cash-racing???) It's going to be very cool, and if you like prizes, don't miss Thursday night!!! If you've been down on Thursdays lately, you've seen how big the pots have been!

As always, I hope to see all of you soon! - Al

sjm324
2007.03.12, 08:19 PM
Hi, everyone. Just a few notes to address some discussions...

- NASCAR: Every car I had sold in two days, so the interest is there. As long as Kyosho still has them in stock, there will be six arriving this week. As a huge NASCAR fan, and as someone who LOVED racing Oval in Englishtown, I can say that until you try it you will not know how much fun it is. As many of you know, I used to be open on Sundays for over 1.5 years, and open on Fridays for over 2.5 years. Both days, I sat there by myself, give or take the occasional practice guy or coincidental walk-in here and there. The racers - you guys - did not show up. I tried running the same classes in two different series on Saturdays and Sundays. No one came on Sunday. On Fridays, I have tried EVERY class, including 1/18th scale, which I dumped a LOT of money into at my customers' request, but few came through on. I tried 1/18th scale, Overland, Monster, etc., on various combos of Fridays and Sundays, and no one came. I've said it before - few of us are 'allowed', mostly by permission of the women in our lives (moms, wives, girlfriends, etc), to run more than one day or night on the weekend, and it has always been the case. I've tried pretty much every class that people have expressed even minor interest in, but it always comes down to the successful classes that we run on Saturday night. The NASCAR class had been building steam for a long time, and it has been the MOST requested body since the day I opened in June of 2004. I don't like messing with qualifiers either, nor do I want you guys racing until after 11:30. No other alternate class mentioned above has had more buzz around it than the NASCAR class.

The MR02 class will stay at 3 quals. I wouldn't mess with that class - it's our bread and butter. In the other classes, you pretty much know how well your car is and how well you can drive in in 2 quals, and since most of us are running at least 3 classes, there is still PLENTY of track time. I could not ignore the buzz surrounding the NASCAR class, and people's desire to compete in it, but I had to make what I think is a small sacrafice to fit it in. As far as time, we'll be down 5 quals, which is 25 minutes, (1 F1, 2 Spec MR015, and 2 AWD), and up 2 quals and a main (2 NASCAR), which is 17 minutes. We'll barely notice a time difference, so I don't think time is a big deal.

- ENDUROS: We used to run them fairly often, and they are a lot of fun. We used to run them in between points series, but like Crop said, I believe, people would take it is an opportunity to take a week off, and more than half of the regular drivers did not show up that week. Some have suggested making it a surprise Saturday night event, but that would not be fair to people who do not like enduros - and there are several. I have EXCELLENT Thursday night racing already - which most of you do not show up for - so to change what is becoming very successful night right now to an enduro night for people who generally don't come during the week would be a poor business decision. (As much as I LOVE ARCMS, if it doesn't make money to cover itself, it can't stay open. Sorry to bring up the reality.) We even ran an enduro called the Pedestrian 500 with potholes and parallel parking! I'm all for special events, but they usually end up costing me racer turnout. Also, as Crop mentioned, I have an event in planning which is going to be VERY cool, and I am working on sponsors and other aspects of it. I will keep all of you posted as soon as the details are nailed down.

LAYOUTS: The addition of the oval has made the track MORE technical - if we want it to be - not less! Crop and I did the math on Saturday night (Sunday morning) at 3:30AM (!!!), and there are 120 different combinations of road coarses on the track - if I don't change a thing! I can still make changes to it for even more layouts! I wouldn't worry about layouts of the technicality of the track - there are plenty of layouts and they're all very good in different ways.

I really LOVE hearing all of your input, so keep it coming. Come and check out the oval this week, and the new road course, as we'll be running alternating shifts of practice to run oval and road course. (Maybe some NASCAR cash-racing???) It's going to be very cool, and if you like prizes, don't miss Thursday night!!! If you've been down on Thursdays lately, you've seen how big the pots have been!

As always, I hope to see all of you soon! - Al

ok I think you made your case. I am ready for some Nascar. When will you have some nascar bodies in stock. LETS GO RACING BOOGITY BOOGITY or whatever he says on tv

michvin
2007.03.12, 11:49 PM
You can always call my cell :D :D :D :D

michvin
2007.03.12, 11:57 PM
Al, i forgot to ask - will the qualifiers in 015 and F1 be 5 or 7 minutes?

EMU
2007.03.13, 03:34 AM
Al, when you get a chance, could you post the rules for the NASCAR class? Will it be Spec, stock, open? Would tire/wheel changes be allowable? Would MR01 boards be permitted since they do not have the brake function and use the same FETs as the i-Series boards?

Do you have any word about when you will have Autoscales or white versions of the bodies?

About the endurance races, another possibility could be that we run all of the classes besides open wheel as an endurance race. With no qualifiers... grouped by where we rank in the points series (or for racers that are not ranked by points, by general skill level). We could do 2 runs of stock class (two groups, 1 run each) , 2 runs of 015, 2 runs of AWD, and 2 runs of oval (when it picks up more)... 30 minute runs (long enough that it would require 1 pit stop). I would not include F1 since that would be too much carnage to the cars... Without having to break between small races, I think that we would have enough time to run some small races afterwards, or between... maybe F1... Track time as stated about would be 4 hours of racing, with about 5 minutes between races, that would be around 40 minutes... so hypethetically, that would be 5 hours just to do 4 classes with 2 groups, 30 minute races. Marshalls would be from the opposite group in the class...

As a slight variation to the above proposed semi enduro, continueing with the 30 minute idea, you could run mixed classes which would allow everyone to run in every race... where they could run any car (minus modified cars) in all of the races (MR01/015/02/AWD). If you look at the charts for the races, generally all of the classes are running similar amounts of laps, so it would be interesting to see them all run at once. I know that I generally run ~2 laps difference between all of my classes, and finished 4th in an A main with the MR015 that Adam has with the stock motor.

I have allways wanted to run longer races every once in a while... and would be willing to donate some prizes as stated above to draw interest if need be. I think that running these types of races every once in a while would be good...

I think that this could be a very fun race idea... and I just wanted to see if people would be interested. I dont race for the points, I race for the fun factor. I know that in general, the races have been getting very close...

I hope that eventually we could do this, regardless... I am looking forward to trying some oval...

LouC
2007.03.13, 08:03 AM
Al- can you post some pictures of the new layout???
I cannot make it this week and would love to see the layout.

arch2b
2007.03.13, 10:26 AM
you can start a thread for layout pictures and descriptions and i can sticky it for you. :)

SaiTam
2007.03.13, 11:47 AM
Al- can you post some pictures of the new layout???
I cannot make it this week and would love to see the layout.

Yes, a picture of the oval layout would be nice. Are the outer corners rounded like a real Oval course?

CDR racing
2007.03.13, 07:19 PM
Adam- I know i wasnt mad if i came off that way in my post and im not tryin to ruffle feathers either and i just wanted to tell everyone al's stand on things in case he didnt get on here because there was a lot of discussion on here in the past week.
Lou- No as of right now we wont be able to run these on our 015's because they only come with the i-series as a readyset as of now and they have the non brake boards in them, but when Kyosho comes out with autoscales and unpainteds (anywhere between 6 months to a year from now) then the rule will change.
EMU- As of right now it is similar to the 015 Spec class, any performance hop-ups, box stock boards,(i-series tock boards) and the only thing not clear right now is motor, but Al will decide that after seeing them run a little and see how fast they are. I'm not sure what you mean by wheel and tire changes, but iif you mean the tires that come with the car, yea we can put those in and i have mine in the back of my car already, but if you mean putting like stock tires and wheels no because the cars will drag because they are so low and the tires they come with are very thick, plus it kinda kills the point and look of the body.
Sai- No it isnt on the outside but al built some inside curves so the inside is, which is all that really matters,since guys will be running tight on the inside turn and even if you run the high line the rectangle shape only adds a little room on the outside so it doesnt take anything away from the track othere than its not a perfect oval shape but hey we will improvise a little. The inside is still oval and its still a ton of fun!

philly123
2007.03.13, 08:05 PM
hey Adam and Lou r u guna go down to Als thursday nite let me kno cuz i think i can go

sjm324
2007.03.13, 10:10 PM
hey Adam r u guna go down to Als thursday nite let me kno cuz i think i can go

I am trying to come down thurs night. As of right now it is 50/50. I will call you on Thurs after you get out of school to let you know.

philly123
2007.03.13, 10:47 PM
ok call me at 5- 5:15 becuz i don kno wat time im gettin out i might have practice till 5

philly123
2007.03.15, 03:29 PM
adam im def goin ill be there at lik 7

LouC
2007.03.16, 09:28 AM
I got to try the oval last night (thanks Crop).
It is alot of fun - I think it will be a very interesting
class. Its alot different than running a different class on a road course. Completely different driving style!
I did it for 5 minutes and immediatlely puchased one. Looking forward to this class!!!

sjm324
2007.03.16, 10:02 AM
I got to try the oval last night (thanks Crop).
It is alot of fun - I think it will be a very interesting
class. Its alot different than running a different class on a road course. Completely different driving style!
I did it for 5 minutes and immediatlely puchased one. Looking forward to this class!!!

Wow, you are an addict. Did you purchase a whole car or just a body

LouC
2007.03.16, 10:52 AM
Wow, you are an addict. Did you purchase a whole car or just a body

The bodies are not out yet - they might not be out for a while. - got the whole car (i need help!!)

EMU
2007.03.16, 02:34 PM
The bodies are not out yet - they might not be out for a while. - got the whole car (i need help!!)
I saw a few Autoscales on e bay... selling for around $50+15 shippingbuy it now... definitely not worth it. If you get the RTR it is only a little more. I think that as of right now, only the I-Series chassis is acceptable for the class as well, so the RTR is basically the only option.

The layout definitely looks interesting... how many more NASCAR RTRs did he have when you got yours?

arch2b
2007.03.16, 02:46 PM
will the rules restrict it to the mr-015 i-series chassis or open to use both the mr-015 and mr-02 i-series chassis. i-series is available in both versions.

EMU
2007.03.16, 02:54 PM
I would think he would keep it to the Mr015i... Since that is what the RTR comes with.

I have allways been a fan of open classes, where the racer has the ability to setup the car how he pleases... most people like some rules in effect to limit the expenditure for each class... and some people like to run spec classes with only spring/pinion adjustments.

I love racing at any scale, open or spec class... but we are all allowed to have our preferences right?

philly123
2007.03.16, 03:09 PM
-theyre all sold out from thursday nite idk if he will have them for sat becuyz the shipping nite be delayed cuz the weather

- eugene r u goin tomor nite

Spoon
2007.03.16, 03:16 PM
I love racing at any scale, open or spec class... but we are all allowed to have our preferences right?

Well said.

LouC
2007.03.16, 03:21 PM
will the rules restrict it to the mr-015 i-series chassis or open to use both the mr-015 and mr-02 i-series chassis. i-series is available in both versions.

for now the rules are rtr 015i chassis.
all other hop ups allowed - similar to mr02 "stock"

EMU
2007.03.16, 10:37 PM
for now the rules are rtr 015i chassis.
all other hop ups allowed - similar to mr02 "stock"
So that would allow wheel/tire changes?

philly123
2007.03.16, 10:50 PM
Eugene will u be going to the track tomor?

EMU
2007.03.16, 10:54 PM
I plan on going... havent spoken to Mike yet, but Ill take the train if he doesnt come.

philly123
2007.03.16, 11:02 PM
ok if the weathers bad still an u need a ride from the ferry let me kno

Lionblade
2007.03.16, 11:43 PM
Be careful guys, Hylan blvd. was a mess tonight.

sjm324
2007.03.18, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone, Here is some video of sat 3/17. Please forgive me if not 100% with posting or broadcast. This is my firstime trying to set this up. I have included 1 qualifier & the oval exhibition. More to come when I become better at doing this stuff....enjoy for now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6RzT1-Yb84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbpvF0e0CEM

arch2b
2007.03.18, 11:19 AM
sounds like there was a good crowd for the oval racing :) how did the nascars do?

SaiTam
2007.03.18, 12:01 PM
How did everyone like the Oval and roadcourse layouts?

Any plan of raising the edges to make it more realistic?

EMU
2007.03.18, 01:14 PM
We didnt run oval races, just ran the oval for practice...

The nascars ran well, although the stock tires are not very competetive with the standard upgraded tires... If everyone is restricted to the stock tires, I am sure that it would make for good racing. Driving the oval was quite fun and the difference between cars with stock motors and stock fet motors is not very noticable. Adams MR015 spec car with Kyosho stock motor is just as fast if not a little faster than my stock car down the straights, since the stock motor coasts through the corners much better than the upgraded ones.

The road course was decent, not as technical as past layouts... It was a higher speed track, but there was still plenty of good racing. My main complaint with the layout is that there were more pileups than usual since it was a faster track.

philly123
2007.03.18, 08:24 PM
hey eugene do have awd knuckles that have 2 dots on them i think its 3
degree but im not sure

CDR racing
2007.03.19, 05:24 PM
How did everyone like the Oval and roadcourse layouts?

Any plan of raising the edges to make it more realistic?

No i dont think he will be banking the turns just because he will need to have a quick change during th middle of the nite and banking the turns will mean more work to change from oval to other classes

philly123
2007.03.19, 08:29 PM
Sai when taking fets of do u want to rub the legs with the iron alternating sides until it just falls off?

SaiTam
2007.03.19, 10:55 PM
I do it one side at a time. Taking out FETs is the most tricky part.

philly123
2007.03.19, 11:06 PM
how big of a difference would 3010s and 1 layer of 4562s be in an awd

EMU
2007.03.19, 11:30 PM
I dont think that there will much noticable difference. Magic had some 4562's on his AWD for a while, after he burnt out his 3010's.

The 4562 fets are not as smooth with the throttle control as the 3010 fets are.

As Sai said, taking off the fets is the more difficult part. If the fet is fried, the easiest way to remove it is to cut all the legs where they come out of the ceramic casing, then desoldering each individual leg... This will reduce the amount of heat exposure to each of the fet pads, which are easy to lift from the board if it is exposed to too much heat, or pulled too hard without enough heat.

I did my first fet swap last night on an old MR01 board (in an MR02 chassis with MR015 towers and 350Z 015 body) changing it to 3010 fets... The inside fet is harder to work on due to the big black box behind it... I used a pair of tweezers to hold the fet as I heated the legs with the iron. I raised the output side a little, then did the same with the input side... after 2 passes the fet was released. Try not to pry hard, since you will lift the pad.

I wouldnt change the fets out on your AWD, since the PN series requires stock fets for the AWD class... If you have a second AWD, then it wouldnt be bad. Constantly changing the fets will overexpose the board to heat, which is not a good idea...

SaiTam
2007.03.20, 12:01 AM
how big of a difference would 3010s and 1 layer of 4562s be in an awd

I did it on an AWD AM car. One layer of 4562 will make it noticeably faster; I even used a Macho motor without frying or overheating the FET. Driveability is not bad.

EMU
2007.03.20, 12:09 AM
I did it on an AWD AM car. One layer of 4562 will make it noticeably faster; I even used a Macho motor without frying or overheating the FET. Driveability is not bad.
How does one layer of 4562 compare with one layer 0113? I think that Magic may have damaged part of the PCB when the fet fried, because there was no speed difference after in repaired it with 4562. Of course there may have been something binding in the drivetrain which caused the original fets to fry...

philly123
2007.03.20, 06:52 PM
eugene- yea i am gettin the free board from kyosho so i was gunna do a 2 by2 stack with the 4562s, ive been practicing on old boards with old fets and i am doing pretty well, if i get the board i will show you on saturday but ill show u my practice one either way.

EMU
2007.03.21, 12:15 AM
Sounds good. Id like to see how your work is... Ill show you mine if you show me yours :P

I may fet one of my F1's with 3010 fets (2 have 3010's stock, 1 has 3004 fets), I am going to test it out with the 3004 fets and see how it handles, if it runs well I may just leave it with the stock fets...

philly123
2007.03.21, 05:39 PM
yea lol i gotta see though if i am guna get the board before sat idk yet

-eugene is mike going to be goin racing saturday nite

LouC
2007.03.21, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=EMU]... Ill show you mine if you show me yours :P

You are guys are getting alittle too close!! :eek:

EMU
2007.03.21, 11:08 PM
I dont think that Mike will be coming this week or next, he is moving next week to Brooklyn, so he has to start packing. I will probably be taking the train/ferry... there is some 1/18 championship racing at http://www.kranzelsrchobbies.com/racetracks/stadium.php
I dont know if I would be going, since all of my 1/18 trucks/buggies are not setup...

philly123
2007.03.25, 04:16 PM
-hey eugene i cudnt wait i did the 2by2 with 4562's. i was guna do 3by3 but i think it wud have been to much for the car. ill prob build another 1 for the pn race with 3010s. do u think the x-speed will overheat with those fets?

-Adam if you want me to fet your F1 let me know and ill see if i can get down there on thursday nite

LouC
2007.03.25, 09:40 PM
-hey eugene i cudnt wait i did the 2by2 with 4562's. i was guna do 3by3 but i think it wud have been to much for the car. ill prob build another 1 for the pn race with 3010s. do u think the x-speed will overheat with those fets?

-Adam if you want me to fet your F1 let me know and ill see if i can get down there on thursday nite

What PN Race?

EMU
2007.03.25, 09:56 PM
Does your motor get very hot now? You should be able to hold your finger on for 5 seconds, any hotter and you are pushing it and the motor wont last.

The most that I would put on a car is a 2x2 4562. That should be able to handle many hot motors (as fast as you would need) and you would maintain better throttle control compared to a 3/3.

You may also want to put the X-Speed in a PN BB can with open endbell. (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_71&products_id=1889) It should keep the motor alot cooler as well as have easier maintenance.

philly123
2007.03.25, 10:36 PM
no it dosent get that hot but i mean do u think it would get hotter running it with the 2/2 or will it just be the same

EMU
2007.03.25, 11:49 PM
I think it would be a little hotter with the fets, but not by much.

The Audi A4 DTM that I was driving has a single stack of AN0113(PN) fets and an X-Speed in an Atomic BB can w/Neo magnets. Same motor I used to drive in the Modified class. With the TopCad cooler that I have it doesnt get hot. The PN Speedy AWD that I have in my main AWD got hot, but runs much cooler with the new PN motor cooler clip, and also adds a little mass to the outside of the motor side of the chassis, which helps to counterbalance the battery mass.

philly123
2007.03.26, 06:24 PM
-u think if i put my Speedy NM in it would run cooler, would it be risking ruining the board though?

-if ur going to kranzel let me kno beucuz i have off for 2 weeks i jusst gota get tires and i can run/ wat are the rules for the classes to run

EMU
2007.03.26, 10:56 PM
I think that the Speedy NM would run a little cooler than the X-Speed, since it is a BB can, and is lower RPM. You would have to gear the NM higher since it is a Neo Magnet motor...

As long as your motor isnt hot now, you shouldnt have anything to worry about if you add fets. Just check the heat after about 10 minutes of practice, and check if it is too hot by the touch. If it is, then you can gear it a little lower which would make it run a little cooler.

I dont have a ride to Kranzel, but thought that I might have had one... The track looks awesome... I have off all next week, but without a car, cant get anywhere... and most of my 1/18 off road stuff needs alot of work to get going. The only thing I have right now close to running is a Mini-T with BlueGroove buggy conversion... Just need to finish the body, and I want to remove some flex in the chassis for carpet racing. Where I normally run outdoors in the park it should run great, but on a higher grip surface I dont know if it would.
What PN Race?
He is just saying that he wouldnt want to have to re-fet the board to run in PN Regulations. And if he wanted, he could run is modified AWD for the Modified Touring class, and the Stock board for the stock class.

For the modified class you would get the PN Macho motor for an AWD, or Anima for RWD.

philly123
2007.03.26, 11:01 PM
-thats prob wat im gnna do but does the nm not having 3 capicators matter to anything

EMU
2007.03.26, 11:12 PM
-thats prob wat im gnna do but does the nm not having 3 capicators matter to anything
You can allways add a third CAP. Bridging the +- on the motor with the cap. It is there to reduce noise/glitching, I have run many motors with 2 caps, and havent really had a problem. I am sure the 3 caps would be better, and when I fully decide what motor I am going to run in the car, I am going to add the third. I think I have a few new caps (long leads), if you need one let me know at the track and ill find you one.

philly123
2007.03.27, 07:03 PM
-i got tires and stuff i just need a motor. do u run brushed or brushless motor for those race becuz it say u can run either

- sai did u get that cat5e wire? i went to home depot and the had the brand cat5e but not that wire.

- i ran the 3by3 on my awd tonite at action rc and i only saw alittle more punch and and notcicible diff in top speed with the car with an xspeed.

philly123
2007.04.03, 07:24 PM
any body kno wer i can get the AD band set for the Futaba 3pk

EMU
2007.04.03, 09:49 PM
There is no module for the 3PK. There are only modules for KO systems. You have to modify the module for the Helios to use the 3PK... Try doing a search here, I think there is a thread about it. The search function here is VERY useful.

philly123
2007.04.03, 09:52 PM
is it the thing that is on rc kenon with the ad band

EMU
2007.04.03, 10:02 PM
If you are talking about this: http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=62_37&products_id=992
That has the Helios Module and PCB for the car... You will have to modify the module for the 3PK. It has been done, and there should be instructions in a thread somewhere...

I have been thinking about getting a Helios for some time, if I ever decide to get an Ad-Band car, I will get the Helios... It should be on par with the 3PK as far as performance is concerned, maybe a little better since the Mini-Z electrics are made by KO Propo, so they should know how to tweak it best.

About the 1/18 cars, most have brushed motors... My Vendetta has a brushless, and it a pain to maintain. The brushless motor is just too fast. Every detail of the setup has to be right... a small problem becomes a big cartwheel at 50mph, if ya know what I mean ;) Ive had to replace many front arms (lower and upper) because of hard crashes... I actually think that the brushed motor drove better in it, and was more controllable. I have to rebuild that car soon... and replace the rear arms (havent broken them, but theyre banged up quite a bit), and clean my ball diffs and try different gearing...

I just got a Pro Pulse from Radio Shack last friday to bash with. I was surprised by the performance... its about as good as my Vendetta was when I first got it... very fun to drive, and sharp with the handling. I just dont like that the gearbox is not enclosed...

philly123
2007.04.03, 10:18 PM
- it looks like all u have to do is shave down the side, cut pins 2 and 3 then connect the tip of 2 and the bottom of pin 3, then mods the module holder to fit

EMU
2007.04.03, 11:28 PM
- it looks like all u have to do is shave down the side, cut pins 2 and 3 then connect the tip of 2 and the bottom of pin 3, then mods the module holder to fit
http://128racing.blogspot.com/2006/11/ad-band-with-futaba-3pk.html
looks like you read it already... :P

Since I dont have a TX that uses a module, like the 3PK, Helios, EX-1 Mars, M11... I would have to get one to run Ad-Band, so I would get the Helios... The design is a little flashy for my tastes... but it looks like a good TX... I am thinking about getting some FM gear for larger scale cars... rather than get a decent FM TX, I would just get a helios and FM module as well as the Mini-Z module and extra memory slots. I already dont have enough memory slots on my MX-A for the cars that I bring to the track...

I am going to start downsizing my Mini-Z collection soon. I dont need as many cars and parts that I have... I just like to work on things, and there are so many different options that you can do with the Mini-Z, which is why I have so many. All have different setups, MM 98, MM 94, HM, RM 94, RM 90, RM 86... I have just been thinking that I really should just have 2 cars per class. My runner and my setup car. I will be doing alot of traveling by train/ferry from now on since Mike has moved to BK, so I will have to reduce my load considerably. I dont know if any of you have ever picked up that bag that I bring with me every week, its probably around 40-50lbs...

If anyone is interested in an MR02 chassis, F1 (I have 3, would sell a 3004 Barichello)... let me know, and shoot me a price you would be willing to pay... Also have lots of bodies, most have been raced so there is a little cosmetic damage... Calsonic Skyline R32 Limited Edition, Calsonic Skyline R34, F50, F360 white, Testerossa white, BMW M3 GTR white, Z8, Lancia Stratos... All bodies will not have wheels though. In the next few days I am going to write up a list of things that I am going to sell... I will post it here before I post elsewhere, since I would rather not have to ship anything.

philly123
2007.04.03, 11:44 PM
-yea ill take a look at some of your bodies

- i hope he wants to trade so then i dont have to make the module but ill prob make it if he says no

EMU
2007.04.04, 12:22 AM
-yea ill take a look at some of your bodies

- i hope he wants to trade so then i dont have to make the module but ill prob make it if he says no
let me know what you would be interested in, so I know what to bring... if you dont know specific body, just wheelbase/offset...

Who you trying to trade with?

philly123
2007.04.04, 12:32 AM
-im lookin for somethin to run for a awd body with the extended wheelbase and a body for a mod car

-i mite trade pchan for his ad band car if he wants to but hes charging to much to buy in cash

EMU
2007.04.04, 12:37 AM
-im lookin for somethin to run for a awd body with the extended wheelbase and a body for a mod car

-i mite trade pchan for his ad band car if he wants to but hes charging to much to buy in cash
Ok... Ill bring some 98mm bodies...

If you are interested in adding the Pro-Z to the trade with pchan, put it up there, I know he was interested... we could work something out for it... and I dont know when I would have a chance to use it...

philly123
2007.04.04, 12:47 AM
i put it up but he prob wont respond till tomor

EMU
2007.04.04, 01:10 AM
i put it up but he prob wont respond till tomor
Yea, I saw... hes not a night owl like some of us :rolleyes:

Lionblade
2007.04.04, 01:11 AM
I am going to start downsizing my Mini-Z collection soon. I dont need as many cars and parts that I have... I just like to work on things, and there are so many different options that you can do with the Mini-Z, which is why I have so many. All have different setups, MM 98, MM 94, HM, RM 94, RM 90, RM 86... I have just been thinking that I really should just have 2 cars per class. My runner and my setup car. I will be doing alot of traveling by train/ferry from now on since Mike has moved to BK, so I will have to reduce my load considerably. I dont know if any of you have ever picked up that bag that I bring with me every week, its probably around 40-50lbs...

If anyone is interested in an MR02 chassis, F1 (I have 3, would sell a 3004 Barichello)... let me know, and shoot me a price you would be willing to pay... Also have lots of bodies, most have been raced so there is a little cosmetic damage... Calsonic Skyline R32 Limited Edition, Calsonic Skyline R34, F50, F360 white, Testerossa white, BMW M3 GTR white, Z8, Lancia Stratos... All bodies will not have wheels though. In the next few days I am going to write up a list of things that I am going to sell... I will post it here before I post elsewhere, since I would rather not have to ship anything.

Sucks that you have to downsize, but I definitely understand. You bring almost enough supplies every week to keep you alive in a desert for a week. :p

If you have any 94 oe 98mm bodies left in a few weeks, let me know. When I come back, I'll need a new body...the SLR doesn't work well enough for me anyway.

I emphasize in a few weeks though...need some time to get money. Hopefully Ill still have my new job by then. :rolleyes:

philly123
2007.04.04, 01:23 AM
i am lookin to buy a high motor mount mr015 since i ordered the new vw golf gti body and i need something to run it on, if ur selling something of this sort or even with other body let me kno

EMU
2007.04.04, 01:31 AM
Sucks that you have to downsize, but I definitely understand. You bring almost enough supplies every week to keep you alive in a desert for a week. :p

If you have any 94 oe 98mm bodies left in a few weeks, let me know. When I come back, I'll need a new body...the SLR doesn't work well enough for me anyway.

I emphasize in a few weeks though...need some time to get money. Hopefully Ill still have my new job by then. :rolleyes:
It happens, Ill still have alot of stuff even after I downsize...

I have so much crap I cant even find my new Mclaren autoscale still in packagte that I bought a couple months ago... been looking for a few days. Got boxes stacked chest high with RC/PC/Bike parts... problem is, I didnt label any of them.

If anyone is interested in any PC stuff, I have a couple older PCs that I am going to start parting... 2 AMD 64 s754 platforms (1 has Sempron CPU), 1 socket A, 1 Intel P4 478 (didnt post last time I tried to use it)... I havent touched most of my PC stuff in years... all my PCs have ATI vid cars... 9700pro/9800pro... I would sell pretty cheap... let me know if there are any interests in parts or whole PCs (minus software). If I sell a HDD, it will come formatted. Most of my memory is Winbond BH5 (anyone who knows DDR memory... knows that this was the stuff to get for an AMD setup, tight timings, low latency, but typically requires higher voltage to atain higher frequencies while overclocking). Everything I sell would come with a 15 day warranty.

Phil: Ill have to check my 015's and see if I would get rid of one... would you do one without brakes (MR01 PCB?). Just so you know, the GTI is a 94mm body, so you could hypothetically use an ML setup with it... If you are planning on running it for the 015 class, then you would need the Atomic 94mm MM VIII mount which is the same one that is on the car I sold Adam. Ill check through what I have, and see what I can come up with.

philly123
2007.04.04, 01:35 AM
-it depends but id prefer the new board dosent have to have 3010s on it though, i did see one that you had with the alum high motor mount id be really interested in but i doubt ud wanna sell that

-yea if you had that i would take it so i can run it in 015 spec, i want the car to be competitive and it would be easier to make it competitive with the lower center of gravity

- u gotta see my awd its crazy. i rolled it around the track with out pushhing it and lapped every1 like 7 times last saturday

-u racing this saturday

EMU
2007.04.04, 02:03 AM
The Alu high mount uses drilled motors only...

I do have one Atomic VIII mount... Ill have to think if I want to sell it, I may want to use it for a spec car, but I could order another mount for you if you are interested. The one I have is silver, I have only seen the blue ones available recently, they sell for about $33... http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=17887&cat=367&page=1 (out of stock, but just so you see what im talking about) http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_757_474_476&products_id=14262 (RC Mart) this is the VII, which does not have the ride height adjustment that the VIII has... No e-tailer that I can find has the VIII mount, so it may have been discontinued... which is a little disapointing, since it is a nice mount, with many more features than the PN ML... although a little heavier...

philly123
2007.04.04, 02:08 AM
yea let me kno if u wanna sell it id like to get the 111 one but what ever you think would work better, do you have a chassis to go with that

im lookin to get a mercialago, i also want to get the sas system if you have 1 for sale

-my stock motor on my 015 has been smokin after a race but it is not that hot do u kno why its doing that

philly123
2007.04.04, 08:51 PM
im not guna need the pro-z since pchan chose to ignore me

EMU
2007.04.04, 09:23 PM
im not guna need the pro-z since pchan chose to ignore me
I noticed.... :(

philly123
2007.04.04, 11:04 PM
u racing saturday

EMU
2007.04.04, 11:23 PM
u racing saturday
I should be :D Got a family day on Sunday, but Saturday I need to run with the Z's.

I missed last week cuz my bro got a beam dropped on his head at work, and I had to look after him to make sure that he was ok... trust me, I would have MUCH rather have gone racing. His roommate called me when I was about 10 feet away from the train to head over to ARCMS with my racing gear...

philly123
2007.04.05, 01:06 AM
sry too hear that i hope he'll be ok.

that guy pchans an idiot he stils ignoring me

EMU
2007.04.05, 01:18 AM
sry too hear that i hope he'll be ok.
hes fine now... just was real out of it last Saturday.

Take it easy in the 'marketplace' section... people will be less likely to do business with you if they see you blowing up. He should have let you know he was not interested in a trade... but he didnt. You get some deals, you lose some deals... ive been playing the marketplace here since I joined. When you get upset and make outbursts, people are less likely to go out of their way on a deal with you. Reputation matters alot, its all that there is to go on here.

philly123
2007.04.05, 01:35 AM
yea i erased it since i have a post selling the other stuff but that just go me really mad

u think if i screw up the conversion is it gunna ruin my radio or will it just not work

EMU
2007.04.05, 01:48 AM
yea i erased it since i have a post selling the other stuff but that just go me really mad

u think if i screw up the conversion is it gunna ruin my radio or will it just not work
I understand that it got you mad...

dont know if it would screw up the radio... I would think that it would be similar to putting a non compatable module in... there is a possibility that it would mess up the radio, I just dont know.

monkey19
2007.04.05, 08:48 AM
How has the turnout been on the last couple of thursdays? I may have some time to get over there tonight...

SaiTam
2007.04.05, 10:21 AM
Phil

If you want to use AD Band I have an KO EX-1 MARS R radio and a new in box AD PCB Set. All you need is the module. I was using EX-1 with AD Band before I got my EX-10 Helios.

philly123
2007.04.05, 01:51 PM
monkey19- i have been there the past 4 weeks aqnd theres been about 10-12 people usually

-sai i would def be interested, but is the board for the awd car or 02 car.how much u lookin for

SaiTam
2007.04.05, 02:23 PM
monkey19- i have been there the past 4 weeks aqnd theres been about 10-12 people usually

-sai i would def be interested, but is the board for the awd car or 02 car.how much u lookin for

All AD Boards are meant for the MR-02, you have to manually convert it for MA-010. The conversion can be time consuming and difficult.

Check your email for prices tonight.

philly123
2007.04.05, 02:48 PM
do u have the ko propo ad set

what do i havwe to do to use it in awd

email- nybravest07@aol.com

SaiTam
2007.04.06, 07:54 PM
Can Al or somebody post a pic of the current track layout?

philly123
2007.04.08, 12:42 AM
does any one know if i get a SAS what camber and toe i should get so i dont have to make more than one order

do i need to buy a screw set or does it come with it already

EMU
2007.04.08, 02:18 AM
What camber are you running now?

I am currently using 1d toe and 2d camber. I am going to try 2d toe with 2d or 3d camber. The safe buy would be 2d toe and 2d or 3d camber. Make sure to get the Orange springs. It is a little more cost effective to buy everything seperate (depending where you order from), as long as you have your own grease for the shocks. Since I dont know anyone who runs with 0d toe and 0d camber :eek:

The complete SAS system comes with all the screws/hinges/e-clips that are necessary, which is what comes with the screw set.