PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47

GTR driver
2011.09.11, 03:11 AM
Wow I'm gonna have to pay cruzin a visit then. I heard carpet is a totally different ballgame. I hope I'll be able to drive it. What kind tires and suspension set up compared to my Action RC set up?

KA2AEV
2011.09.11, 09:47 AM
Never raced on Carpet, where is Cruzin anyway?

KA2AEV
2011.09.11, 09:48 AM

By the way Jamil
Really don't think that you should be posting that you're living out of a cardboard box

bermbuster
2011.09.11, 09:50 AM
Never raced on Carpet, where is Cruzin anyway?

http://www.cruizinrc.com/

the location is 10 Franklin Turnpike Waldwick, NJ
It is off of Rt 17 just north of Paramus.

You have to try carpet.....seeing is believing....:cool:

KA2AEV
2011.09.11, 10:52 AM
http://www.cruizinrc.com/

the location is 10 Franklin Turnpike Waldwick, NJ
It is off of Rt 17 just north of Paramus.

You have to try carpet.....seeing is believing....:cool:

Thanks Berm
What type of tires do you use on carpet anyway?

Cherub1m
2011.09.11, 11:27 AM
Went there today, and all I gotta say is OH MY GOD! There were parts galore and the carpet is silky smooth. I'm just spoiled about driving 10 mins to race mini's. There was a lot of familiar faces that run off road there as well. The cruzin crew made me feel at home. Thanks! 

It was great to see you there J-Milz I was running three classes so I was running around trying to keep things running. Looks like you were doing pretty good for your first time on the carpet. Hope to see you there again.

Wow I'm gonna have to pay cruzin a visit then. I heard carpet is a totally different ballgame. I hope I'll be able to drive it. What kind tires and suspension set up compared to my Action RC set up?

You should. Don't make any changes to your suspension, not just yet (at the most you can try runing harder front springs) just try carpet tires first. What most are running is Atomic AW grove 7 degree carpet tires in the rear and a combo of Atomic aw grove 30 degrees, Atomic 20 degree slick or Atomic V pattern 20 degree carpet tires, some tired Atomic slick 10 degree tires for the front.

AWD is the same from the front tires except I run Atomic aw grove 10 degrees in the rear.

Thanks Berm
What type of tires do you use on carpet anyway?

Atm AW grove 7 degrees carpet tires for the rear best for the 2wd

Atm AW grove 10 degree carpet tires for the rear I like them on the AWD

Atm AW grove 30 degree carpet tires for the front 2wd or AWD not has much grip has the ones below

Atm 20 degree competition carpet tires for the front on 2wd and AWD more grip then the 30s but less then the rest below

Atm AW grove 20 degree carpet tires for the front on 2wd or AWD more give but less then the ones below

Atm V pattern 20 degree carpet tires for the front on 2wd and AWD more give but less then below

Atm 10 degree carpet tires again front for both 2wd and AWD( haven't tried the 10s on AWD)

Note its important to glue the tires don't worry because they come off easily because of the silicone if you use delrin rims you don't need tire tape. if you use the regular plastic rims you should use tire tape and glue the tire on top of that. if you use metal wheels no tire tape needed just glue on top of it.

Ok wasn't planning on writing this much have fun hope to see you guys soon. Many of the guys there can help with tire choice and other set up (Ron, Eugene, Sai, Shafiq and many others)

Slapstick10
2011.09.12, 06:47 PM
I am glad to see everyone out and about trying new tracks. I have raced at all and have made a lot of friends. From Maj to Cruzin they both rock. Two totally different settings.

On to the state of the new Action!

I've been to see about 10-12 propertys at this point. I have decided to stop looking for a week or so, To allow new listings. I'm really trying to stay on the south shore. there are so many people looking at this point we are popular among brokers and realators:p We have a few prospects due to surface in a week or two. I will keep everyone informed through this forum. And remember if anyone has any leads please shoot me a text or email. I will follow up. My number is easily gettable.....is gettable even a word...lol. Well you get the point. No worries my Action friends...we will race again in staten island!:D

KA2AEV
2011.09.12, 08:47 PM
i am glad to see everyone out and about trying new tracks. I have raced at all and have made a lot of friends. From maj to cruzin they both rock. Two totally different settings.

On to the state of the new action!

I've been to see about 10-12 propertys at this point. I have decided to stop looking for a week or so, to allow new listings. I'm really trying to stay on the south shore. There are so many people looking at this point we are popular among brokers and realators:p we have a few prospects due to surface in a week or two. I will keep everyone informed through this forum. And remember if anyone has any leads please shoot me a text or email. I will follow up. My number is easily gettable.....is gettable even a word...lol. Well you get the point. No worries my action friends...we will race again in staten island!:d

Outstanding Please Keep us Informed!

Fifty7
2011.09.14, 10:19 AM
I am glad to see everyone out and about trying new tracks. I have raced at all and have made a lot of friends. From Maj to Cruzin they both rock. Two totally different settings.

On to the state of the new Action!

I've been to see about 10-12 propertys at this point. I have decided to stop looking for a week or so, To allow new listings. I'm really trying to stay on the south shore. there are so many people looking at this point we are popular among brokers and realators:p We have a few prospects due to surface in a week or two. I will keep everyone informed through this forum. And remember if anyone has any leads please shoot me a text or email. I will follow up. My number is easily gettable.....is gettable even a word...lol. Well you get the point. No worries my Action friends...we will race again in staten island!:D

I heard you found a place but the landlord wanted no part of your plans to paint everything black & orange :D

The old spa above dunkin donuts on Huguenot Ave is available. I dont know what it looks like but i saw signs in the window yesterday.

ActionRC
2011.09.14, 02:48 PM
I am hoping to race very soon. If anyone wants to get a road-trip together maybe we can formalize a set date for a trip to Maj or Cruzin so we'll all have something to look forward to. I am not really crazy about running the PN race because I don't like 2 day events, but any normal day that anyone wants to go, I'm good to go. I have a lot of parties and stuff this month to go to, but if I have a free Saturday I'd like to go up. I might be able to do Saturday night, the 17th. I have a birthday party from 12-2 but I'm free after that as far as I know. :)

Scott - What about the place across from Tottenville HS - at the top by the field? Have you seen that one yet? It's been empty with a sign on it forever.

Can't wait to see everyone again. I am absolutely going through withdrawals. It was so weird to take my Z's out of the box I packed them in and put them on my work bench. I've never seen them at home! I am going this week to pick up a pit box - something I never really needed before for my Z's! (Remember my cardboard box for the Garden State race???) :D

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 02:51 PM
Hope to see you at cruizin saturday, mi amico de italiano americano de mario

KA2AEV
2011.09.14, 04:17 PM
So did ValeryAlsWife Yell at ya yet about being at home so much:D

KA2AEV
2011.09.14, 04:18 PM
Hope to see you at cruizin saturday, mi amico de italiano americano de mario

Hey Stu
What are the Saturday hours at Cruzin?

minittrackmann
2011.09.14, 04:20 PM
whats up boys.. miss racing with you guys. finally getting a steady paycheckk. if anyone has an extra 02 03 stock that they wouldnt mind selling let me no.. Been getting in way to much trouble not racing lol. Let me no if anyone can help me out. PM me a price. Or text me.

732 814 4654 Might come up next Friday!

Cody

J-Milz
2011.09.14, 06:43 PM
Aaaaaaa......... you know Action is closed, right? 

J-Milz
2011.09.14, 06:45 PM
Hey Stu
What are the Saturday hours at Cruzin?

They start around 7pmish. Check their forum for setup tips. Your Action car won't work on that carpet without springs and tires.

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 06:51 PM
They technically start practice at 5 racing at seven howevert the shop opens at noon,

So u can show up but customers using rental cars also use the track

KA2AEV
2011.09.14, 07:18 PM
They start around 7pmish. Check their forum for setup tips. Your Action car won't work on that carpet without springs and tires.

Thanks Jamil but I know the cars won't run good without springs and tires:D

Hows that cardboard box holding up with all this rain?:rolleyes:

KA2AEV
2011.09.14, 07:19 PM
They technically start practice at 5 racing at seven howevert the shop opens at noon,

So u can show up but customers using rental cars also use the track

Thanks Stewie

SaiTam
2011.09.14, 07:50 PM
732 814 4654 Might come up next Friday!

Cody

You are not going to S.I. on Friday are you?

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 07:50 PM
Sai of the tam clan has spoken ^

Rob B
2011.09.14, 08:28 PM

i run the same springs there .. just put the new tires on and the car is fine .. you will fall in love with the carpet .

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 08:30 PM
Rob can i expect to see you and chrissy saturday, i have stories from my summer down in MIA-O

EMU
2011.09.14, 09:22 PM
I didnt change my springs, just tires from my Action setups... Although the carpet is smooth, you still need about the same ride height as you would at Action due to the height of the carpet pile... You may want to stiffen the front end, reduce caster if you run caster, and your set as far as suspension adjustments are concerned. For tires, 2wd mod ATM 7d AW groove rear, and ATM 20d Slick-R or 20d V-Groove should be good for most setups depending on layout. The current layout is more high speed, and works better with slick fronts. A tighter layout would work better with grooved tires.

The carpet tires unlike RCP tires are primarily silicone based, so they do not age in the bag, and they also do not degrade with temperature cycles the way rubber RCP tires do. Generally we get one full race day out of a set of rear tires, and a few out of the fronts. Pretty similar to RCP wear. Rear tires NEED to be glued, front tires can be taped for slicks, but I prefer to glue regardless. Tape does not stick well to the silicone based tires the way it does to rubber. Thin glue works better than thick... If you do not use a powerful mod motor, you should be able to get 2 race days out of the rears. I use a PN 32t or ATM T2/Z2 motor on my mod cars. This is for the current layout which is very fast (almost an oval on the outside, with a chicane and rythm section on the inside. Lap record for the layout is 9.2s, anything under 10s is very good.

Slapstick10
2011.09.14, 09:22 PM
Yea al it's owned by a contracting company. They weren't interested in renting it out. FYI my sister in law has made it out of icu and has been moved to a private room on the same floor. I'm sad to say her life will change because of the lung disease but she will live ... That's what's important. Anyway I'll pickup again looking on Monday

SaiTam
2011.09.14, 09:44 PM
.............Generally we get one full race day out of a set of rear tires, and a few out of the fronts. Pretty similar to RCP wear. Rear tires NEED to be glued, front tires can be taped for slicks, but I prefer to glue regardless.

Tire wear is totally dependent on your driving style and motor power.

I get at least two weekend's worth for my ATM 7 degree rear tires using 35T round can. If you run a very powerful and torquery motor there will be a lot more tire wear. For some reason the 98mm eats more rear tires. AWDs have long tire life(no wheelspin)

My front tires last a very long time; I can't remember the last time I put them on.

For 70T I have not changed tires in 3 months. I finally did (not necessary) and only for the rear. On RCP your tires last longer with 70T than Mod; same for carpet.

If you are lazy just glue the outside edges of the rear.

I can run the same car on carpet or RCP with just tire change. I would use harder front springs for carpet if the car leans too much. I sometimes raise the ride height on carpet to avoid buildup under the chassis.

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 09:46 PM
removed due to a copyright claims

color01
2011.09.14, 09:54 PM
Sai, I think the 98mm cars have more wheelspin than the 94mm cars. EMU's F430 was waay hooked up, even when I had gotten used to that carpet "drifting" feeling. I should've taken out my 911 GT1 and tested 94 and 96mm that night. :rolleyes:

I also agree that stiffer front springs is the way to go, it helps the outside front tire bite harder into the carpet upon turn-in. I should try this on my RCP setup, it's gotten really slow lately with my geometry experiments...

SaiTam
2011.09.14, 09:55 PM
Boo..............

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 09:58 PM
Srry sai!!!!!!!!!!!

SaiTam
2011.09.14, 10:03 PM
Booo.......

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 10:09 PM
removed due to changed opinion

J-Milz
2011.09.14, 10:32 PM
i run the same springs there .. just put the new tires on and the car is fine .. you will fall in love with the carpet .

I tried the carpet last week and it was silky smooth. I use the recommended atomic tires 7's and 20's and switched my front springs from white to green. I felt I was a bit under power using my handout 50t motor vs.round cans and chilli's. But overall im impressed with the overall atmosphere there. I'm gonna alternate between Maj's and Cruzin until my beloved Staten track returns.

Rob B
2011.09.14, 10:43 PM
Rob can i expect to see you and chrissy saturday, i have stories from my summer down in MIA-O

we are going to try and make it up the this sat... cant wait to hear ur mia-o stories ...:D

Scrapper
2011.09.14, 11:57 PM
hope to see you soon

Fifty7
2011.09.15, 08:29 AM
I am hoping to race very soon. If anyone wants to get a road-trip together maybe we can formalize a set date for a trip to Maj or Cruzin so we'll all have something to look forward to. I am not really crazy about running the PN race because I don't like 2 day events, but any normal day that anyone wants to go, I'm good to go. I have a lot of parties and stuff this month to go to, but if I have a free Saturday I'd like to go up. I might be able to do Saturday night, the 17th. I have a birthday party from 12-2 but I'm free after that as far as I know. :)

Scott - What about the place across from Tottenville HS - at the top by the field? Have you seen that one yet? It's been empty with a sign on it forever.

Can't wait to see everyone again. I am absolutely going through withdrawals. It was so weird to take my Z's out of the box I packed them in and put them on my work bench. I've never seen them at home! I am going this week to pick up a pit box - something I never really needed before for my Z's! (Remember my cardboard box for the Garden State race???) :D

Al - 1st I have to apologize for not getting back to you on an old email. I have 4 emails setup on my phone and didn't realize my personal account wasn't getting mail so i just received about 200 old mails from the past 2 weeks. If ever you need to get me, you know where i live, feel free to ring the bell. :p I'm not sure yet but I'm trying to sneak out this Saturday too. I was planning on getting to Maj's Friday night but now my neighbors are getting together and my wife wants to go out with them so I'm going to try for Saturday at Cruzin.

Thanks Jamil but I know the cars won't run good without springs and tires:D

I don't know, I've seen a few of us run better after the tires fall off.

Yea al it's owned by a contracting company. They weren't interested in renting it out. FYI my sister in law has made it out of icu and has been moved to a private room on the same floor. I'm sad to say her life will change because of the lung disease but she will live ... That's what's important. Anyway I'll pickup again looking on Monday

Scott, very sorry to hear about your sister, hope everything turns out ok.

Potter - Where are you??? I've watched the 1st 3 movies. Me & Matt are hooked. Still might consider reading all the books.

KA2AEV
2011.09.15, 09:48 AM
I don't know, I've seen a few of us run better after the tires fall off.

I think you're one of them, right?

[/QUOTE]
Potter - Where are you??? [/QUOTE]

Rikers?

Fifty7
2011.09.15, 09:51 AM
I think you're one of them, right?

No, I'm DMS, not DKR - R246 Tape sticks like glue. Haven't you seen my tires in the showcase - They dont come off even when i want them to :D

rajiex
2011.09.15, 01:21 PM
How many guys are going to Cruzin this Saturday????

J-Milz
2011.09.15, 02:50 PM
I'm doin MAJ's of Friday. I gotta fight party to attend on Saturday.

Scrapper
2011.09.15, 03:05 PM
How many guys are going to Cruzin this Saturday????

try to make a carpool youll save money with the gas, If enough of you come i can ask ron to run a narrow class that would be similar to you guys' narrow class

OffTheWall329
2011.09.15, 03:55 PM
Im running Maj's saturday.

KA2AEV
2011.09.15, 05:24 PM
I'm doin MAJ's of Friday. I gotta fight party to attend on Saturday.

Okay I'll Bite
Whats a Fight Party?:confused:

EMU
2011.09.15, 08:37 PM
Im assuming a party where they watch pay-per-view fights... Or, where they set up a ring in the living room, and beat the crap out of eachother all night :rolleyes:

KA2AEV
2011.09.15, 09:08 PM
Im assuming a party where they watch pay-per-view fights... Or, where they set up a ring in the living room, and beat the crap out of eachother all night :rolleyes:

Knowing Jamil I'd probably guess the second choice:D

J-Milz
2011.09.16, 08:39 AM
Okay I'll Bite
Whats a Fight Party?:confused:

Really?.. You've never been to a fight party?:confused: Mayweather vs. Ortiz.
You gotta get out more guy!

KA2AEV
2011.09.16, 09:28 AM
Really?.. You've never been to a fight party?:confused: Mayweather vs. Ortiz.
You gotta get out more guy!

Actually I do get out alot
and we don't call them "Fight Parties" :eek:
We usually just call them Get togethers or just plain ole parties/BBQs :D
Maybe its a South Shore Thing? :rolleyes:

J-Milz
2011.09.16, 10:23 AM
That sounds boring,....I suppose when you watch the superbowl it not a "superbowl" party it a gathering as well..... How about slumber parties? Do you just generically call them gatherings too?

KA2AEV
2011.09.16, 11:42 AM
How about slumber parties? Do you just generically call them gatherings too?



Hummmm
I'm a wee bit too old to be going to slumber parties anymore:D
You should probably ask someone else in "The Club" about them
And we both know who that is! :eek:

ActionRC
2011.09.16, 01:24 PM
Staying away from that one.

Anywaayyyy... I think Maj's is the easier transition for right now. I am pretty much taking my stuff as is and looking to run one class. Not really looking to have to make all these modifications to the car just yet. I ran at Maj's with the exact same setup as Action and the car ran great.

Crap - I don't have a transponder. Just realized that. Guess I have to get one. I miss Core!!! :(

EMU
2011.09.16, 01:58 PM
Once you get used to I-Lap, CORE isnt going to be missed much :p I like how it does NOT have any interference with the front suspension. For most bodies its not a problem, but some that have little clearance, it is. Both Cruizin and MHS use I-Lap, and have house transponders if needed. Otherwise, the transponder costs around $40, and can be directly wired to the battery terminals, or use a plug into the ICS port of ASF cars. I prefer the plug, as you can use one wiring harness for all cars, and just move the transponder over to the other cars each run.

If you do decide to go to Cruizin, I will get you up to speed in no time ;) With just a tire change the cars will work very well.

If you go to MHS, be prepared to spend a lot of time working on finding the right tire/wheel diameter to reduce traction rolls but permit enough steering to keep you up to speed... The best rear tire is PN 6d radial, good fronts are Kyosho 30d, or PN x15, trued to 22m. Radial tires have way too much initial bite, although, a 40d may work without trueing... If you true the tires, it takes about a pack to get them smooth to become consistent.

Cruizin will permit Action narrow cars to be run with 0n wheels and tires front and rear in the 70t 90mm Skinny class. If the cars are run currently at 94mm, it will be allowed, to get more cars on the track and into the fun.

The narrow cars could also be run in the 80t Stock class at MHS, but you would need to change the motor out to the 80t.

Either case, there is still a place for the narrow cars, it will just be a little different than at Action.

MHS runs 80t Stock, GT Mod, Pan Mod, LM 50t... The last few races they ran Pan and LM at the same time, so it was a multi class race... I would think that if enough people want to run a specific class, it could happen. . .

Cruizin is currently running Mod 2wd (GT Mod), 70t 90mm Skinny, and AWD Mod. Before the summer slowdown, we also ran LM Mod, and 94mm Hatch Mod. If there are enough entries for a class, we can run it... sort of like how Action used to run 5-6 classes on a race day... I think minimum entries is 4-5.

Fifty7
2011.09.16, 02:47 PM
Staying away from that one.

Anywaayyyy... I think Maj's is the easier transition for right now. I am pretty much taking my stuff as is and looking to run one class. Not really looking to have to make all these modifications to the car just yet. I ran at Maj's with the exact same setup as Action and the car ran great.

Crap - I don't have a transponder. Just realized that. Guess I have to get one. I miss Core!!! :(

We were all staying away from that one. Al, do you have my son's spare car at your house?

KA2AEV
2011.09.16, 03:34 PM
We were all staying away from that one.

Chickens:eek:

Z-inim
2011.09.16, 03:41 PM
Once you get used to I-Lap, CORE isnt going to be missed much :p I like how it does NOT have any interference with the front suspension. For most bodies its not a problem, but some that have little clearance, it is. Both Cruizin and MHS use I-Lap, and have house transponders if needed. Otherwise, the transponder costs around $40, and can be directly wired to the battery terminals, or use a plug into the ICS port of ASF cars. I prefer the plug, as you can use one wiring harness for all cars, and just move the transponder over to the other cars each run.

If you do decide to go to Cruizin, I will get you up to speed in no time ;) With just a tire change the cars will work very well.

If you go to MHS, be prepared to spend a lot of time working on finding the right tire/wheel diameter to reduce traction rolls but permit enough steering to keep you up to speed... The best rear tire is PN 6d radial, good fronts are Kyosho 30d, or PN x15, trued to 22m. Radial tires have way too much initial bite, although, a 40d may work without trueing... If you true the tires, it takes about a pack to get them smooth to become consistent.

Cruizin will permit Action narrow cars to be run with 0n wheels and tires front and rear in the 70t 90mm Skinny class. If the cars are run currently at 94mm, it will be allowed, to get more cars on the track and into the fun.

The narrow cars could also be run in the 80t Stock class at MHS, but you would need to change the motor out to the 80t.

Either case, there is still a place for the narrow cars, it will just be a little different than at Action.

MHS runs 80t Stock, GT Mod, Pan Mod, LM 50t... The last few races they ran Pan and LM at the same time, so it was a multi class race... I would think that if enough people want to run a specific class, it could happen. . .

Cruizin is currently running Mod 2wd (GT Mod), 70t 90mm Skinny, and AWD Mod. Before the summer slowdown, we also ran LM Mod, and 94mm Hatch Mod. If there are enough entries for a class, we can run it... sort of like how Action used to run 5-6 classes on a race day... I think minimum entries is 4-5.

Accurate and detailed as usual... nice job emu!

Cherub1m
2011.09.16, 07:10 PM
Nice explanation Eugene. If all goes well, I should be at Cruzin this Saturday.

You coming Jim?

KA2AEV
2011.09.18, 12:30 PM
Anyone go to cruzin last night?

Scrapper
2011.09.18, 12:34 PM
Jim stopped by

Z-inim
2011.09.18, 12:58 PM
Anyone go to cruzin last night?

You can always go and see the results and videos the next morning. They are posted after racing automatically, around 2am, sometimes before.
http://imageextreme.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/cruizin/resultsauto.html

(Link is on cruizin site as well.)

There were names racing last that I didnt recognize, maybe you might?

happy racing!
j

Scrapper
2011.09.18, 01:05 PM
Jim gruzescki and ROB B were in the house, Jim will have to speak for himself but i think he enjoyed it alot

KA2AEV
2011.09.18, 08:21 PM
Thanks Stu for the update
We were hoping to get out there, but things got a bit crazy here
Next week looks better

OffTheWall329
2011.09.18, 09:49 PM
You guys are gonna love the carpet! All I had to do was change tires and put a faster motor. Its so smooth! My car felt great! Ron and Steve helped get me going. Its worth the trip up there. I'll be back there to race again. Eugene and Sai thanks for the help. And thanks Stu.

KA2AEV
2011.09.19, 08:03 AM
You guys are gonna love the carpet! All I had to do was change tires and put a faster motor. Its so smooth! My car felt great! Ron and Steve helped get me going. Its worth the trip up there. I'll be back there to race again. Eugene and Sai thanks for the help. And thanks Stu.

Why did you feel the need to install a faster motor?

Fifty7
2011.09.19, 08:24 AM

From what I've read, the carpet scrubs off some speed

rajiex
2011.09.19, 08:27 AM

Because everyone else is!!!! Carpet has enough traction that you can almost take sweepers at full throttle..Its smooth and sticky, so a cars can go much faster than RCP..

On a side note, I got a RCP Track from Stu.. I love it, I can put any tires on it and the cars hold their lines..Its not really big but no bumps, no loose traction spots..its just boring racing against myself.. I am leaving the track 2 tiles wide just to get better driving.

SaiTam
2011.09.19, 11:28 AM

The layout favors a faster motor than a 48T.

If the surface were smooth the car can benefit from a faster motor; this is true for RCP or Carpet.

I run the same Mod motor for both surfaces and the car feels equally fast on both.

ActionRC
2011.09.20, 09:57 AM
I am definitely going through racing withdrawals!!! September is a very busy month for the family, but I will race soon - just don't know when. I really miss it and everyone. :(

Marty - I have the car. I'll bring it to you tonight.

Way to start the Chase, Tony! Yeah!!! :)

Fifty7
2011.09.20, 01:24 PM
I am definitely going through racing withdrawals!!! September is a very busy month for the family, but I will race soon - just don't know when. I really miss it and everyone. :(

Marty - I have the car. I'll bring it to you tonight.

Way to start the Chase, Tony! Yeah!!! :)

No rush, I'm having major withdrawals too. I didnt want to post anything about the race cause i didnt know when you'd watch it. That was a great race for him, i have never gotten so crazy watching a sport on TV, i thought for sure gas was gonna be an issue. Cant believe how many guys ran out.

KA2AEV
2011.09.20, 02:01 PM
No rush, I'm having major withdrawals too. I didnt want to post anything about the race cause i didnt know when you'd watch it. That was a great race for him, i have never gotten so crazy watching a sport on TV, i thought for sure gas was gonna be an issue. Cant believe how many guys ran out.

And I was the guy who had to blow it for him!
I had to work nights last night and caught alot of it on TV but missed
the ending and was really suprised when both 1010WINS and CBSam talked
about it as well as ESPN radio before them Gints Played
I was really suprised that a NASCAR Race was covered so much (And glad too!)
Tony You Da Man!
1 Down 9 more to Go!

Fifty7
2011.09.20, 02:11 PM
And I was the guy who had to blow it for him!
I had to work nights last night and caught alot of it on TV but missed
the ending and was really suprised when both 1010WINS and CBSam talked
about it as well as ESPN radio before them Gints Played
I was really suprised that a NASCAR Race was covered so much (And glad too!)
Tony You Da Man!
1 Down 9 more to Go!

I dont understand. Blew it for who? Did you tell Al he won?

KA2AEV
2011.09.20, 06:18 PM
I dont understand. Blew it for who? Did you tell Al he won?

Wow Can't you figure it out from my message?
Geeez Marty!:eek:
Of course I did
By Accident! :o

Fifty7
2011.09.21, 08:34 AM
Wow Can't you figure it out from my message?
Geeez Marty!:eek:
Of course I did
By Accident! :o

I figured that's what you did but it made it sound like you posted something without realizing it and I didn't see anything. Don't tell me you actually called him in person and ruined it? thats just wrong and i think you did it on purpose :D

jackg
2011.09.21, 02:53 PM
The news about the track hit hard. I opened a juice bar in a fitness club in manalapan. nj back in May and it has consumed almost all of my time since. Things are running ok now and i will see everyone soon at Maj and Cruzin. Action was and is a legend in the mini-z sport world. It was THE place you came to find out how good you really were-a proving ground. -j

KA2AEV
2011.09.21, 05:14 PM
The news about the track hit hard. I opened a juice bar in a fitness club in manalapan. nj back in May and it has consumed almost all of my time since. Things are running ok now and i will see everyone soon at Maj and Cruzin. Action was and is a legend in the mini-z sport world. It was THE place you came to find out how good you really were-a proving ground. -j

Really wouldn't think that there would be that much demand for Burritos
at a Fittness Club, but hey ya never know!

KA2AEV
2011.09.21, 05:16 PM
I figured that's what you did but it made it sound like you posted something without realizing it and I didn't see anything. Don't tell me you actually called him in person and ruined it? thats just wrong and i think you did it on purpose :D

Marty
That is very cold to think I would do it on purpose :rolleyes:
Yes I did actually call him, but didn't realize at the time that he
didn't see the race yet
And besides he DID read me the riot act :eek:

Fifty7
2011.09.21, 07:54 PM

It was also the place to (sometimes) get the best Burritos and tacos:D

KA2AEV
2011.09.21, 08:11 PM
It was also the place to get the best Burritos and tacos (sometimes):D

Man You're batting 1000 :eek:
Thats another cold statement
That was the best Burritos and Tacos we ever had! :D

GTR driver
2011.09.22, 12:52 AM
Anyone going to cruzin or Majs this weekend?

Fifty7
2011.09.22, 07:52 AM
Man You're batting 1000 :eek:
Thats another cold statement
That was the best Burritos and Tacos we ever had! :D

No, no, no. That "sometimes" was definitely taken out of context. I didn't mean that sometimes they were good, i meant we could only get them sometimes. They were absolutely the best I've ever had. The only thing I've had that comes close was from Chipotle. And anyway, Al has told us a thousand times he usually watches the race late at night so if i talk to you don't tell me anything, so yeah, you did it on purpose ;) but hey I cant blame you, i was excited for Tony's win too and wanted to post something here the second the race ended.

Anyone going to cruzin or Majs this weekend?

I think Maj's has the PN race this weekend but as of right now it looks like I might be goin Cruzin Saturday. I just have to check my wife's work schedule so i know what I'm doing with the kids. I want to be able to get there early and setup the cars.

Scrapper
2011.09.22, 08:23 AM
As far as I know the race program at cruizin will go on as scheduled but call the shop

OffTheWall329
2011.09.22, 04:26 PM
i'm going to cruizins saturday. might try to get my all-wheel finnally working.

KA2AEV
2011.09.22, 08:46 PM
No, no, no. That "sometimes" was definitely taken out of context. I didn't mean that sometimes they were good, i meant we could only get them sometimes. They were absolutely the best I've ever had. The only thing I've had that comes close was from Chipotle. And anyway, Al has told us a thousand times he usually watches the race late at night so if i talk to you don't tell me anything, so yeah, you did it on purpose ;) but hey I cant blame you, i was excited for Tony's win too and wanted to post something here the second the race ended.

No it wasn't taken out of context
You meant it that way!:eek:
And just what do you mean that we could only get them sometimes?
We could get them anytime The Macho Nacho van was there!
Maybe you just didn't ask Jack the right way! :rolleyes:
I think the only way we are going to settle this
best Burrito thing is by Jack whipping a bunch up
and we have a taste testing contest!

And as for me purposely telling Al NO I DID NOT TELL HIM ON PURPOSE!
When I texted him, It was late in the evening and I just guessed
that he had already seen the race therefore eliminating the don't
tell me/talk to me thingy (YesI said Thingy!:D )

So There! ;)

ActionRC
2011.09.23, 12:26 PM
Jack revolutionized tacos in my house in two major ways:
1) We used to use chicken cutlets diced up. Now we buy pre-cooked chickens and shred them up. Amazing difference!
2) One word: LIME! The introduction of fresh lime juice squeezed over the taco, well, let's just say taco night is the best dinner night of the week!

Saturday is Justin's birthday party, so they'll be no racing for me this weekend. I am hoping to go wherever everyone is going on the 1st or 8th, hopefully.

Mike committed violation # 1 of the NASCAR Friend Handbook: Friend A should never elude to who might have won on a Monday race when Friend B is at work, staying away from all forms of media to avoid finding out any information, while the race is being DVR'd and anxiously awaiting Friend B's return home to watch it.

I still watched it, thinking I probably know the winner (which I did), but enjoyed it anyway. Looking forward to Dover this weekend - wish I was going! Is anyone going?

Fifty7
2011.09.23, 01:39 PM
Jack revolutionized tacos in my house in two major ways:
1) We used to use chicken cutlets diced up. Now we buy pre-cooked chickens and shred them up. Amazing difference!
2) One word: LIME! The introduction of fresh lime juice squeezed over the taco, well, let's just say taco night is the best dinner night of the week!

Saturday is Justin's birthday party, so they'll be no racing for me this weekend. I am hoping to go wherever everyone is going on the 1st or 8th, hopefully.

Mike committed violation # 1 of the NASCAR Friend Handbook: Friend A should never elude to who might have won on a Monday race when Friend B is at work, staying away from all forms of media to avoid finding out any information, while the race is being DVR'd and anxiously awaiting Friend B's return home to watch it.

I still watched it, thinking I probably know the winner (which I did), but enjoyed it anyway. Looking forward to Dover this weekend - wish I was going! Is anyone going?

Jack ruined taco's for me at home. Why? because I used to like them now i just compare them to his. What do you mix in with the chicken? My wife usually makes them with chopmeat and buys the taco kit but to me it's all sauce.

Jack - It's time to start selling some recipes:D

Al - How great was it to hear Tony as the in car reporter say "there's some guys out here driving like morons and if thats they way they want it I'll play that way too" and then take it 3 wide on the restart to get to the front and come on the radio and say "i told you so". That was almost as good as "here kitty kitty":p

Slapstick10
2011.09.24, 07:54 AM
Happy Birthday Justin!

I'm going to Maj's to the PN race but probably wont be able to make the Main :(. Work is killing me. Anyone else going?

Fifty7
2011.09.24, 02:12 PM
Heading out to check out the Cruzin Carpet. Good luck to everyone at Maj's

Golddust
2011.09.25, 01:05 AM
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted in a while,
Reasons why:
homework
soapbox derby car being worked on by me and my father ( near completion):D
I FINALLY fixed the front axle ( fingers crossed that I don't RIP off my front axle again).
If that little girl that won last year is there, I will be very happy.
If I finish the race without any problems and win my division,
I get a chance to beat her
She is the one who beat Danica( juiliana)in the soap box derby last year.
This is going to be fun.:p:rolleyes:
BEWARE LITTLE GIRL, I'M COMIN FOR YOU.

Fifty7
2011.09.25, 11:31 AM
Cruzin was fun last night. Took up to right before the main to get my car ok so i made the C and then definitely looked liked a sand bagger, bumped to the B and finished 3rd, needed 1 more lap to catch the 2nd place car. It was a 6 minute race so with another minute, who knows what would have happened. Anyway, if you havent gone there, it's a bit of a hike but the carpet makes it all worth it. Cant even describe it, you have to experience it yourself. I changed my 94mm 355 into a 90mm mini with 0 degree skinny tires all around and you cant roll it if you wanted to. If your a fan of the narrow car, the carpet made it that much better. Cant wait to go back there. Oh yeah, most importantly, everyone was friendly and helpful and the racing was FUN!!

J-Milz
2011.09.25, 05:43 PM
If that little girl that won last year is there, I will be very happy. .
Ooooooooh! Golddust gotta girlfriend!:eek:

Fifty7
2011.09.25, 05:45 PM
BEWARE LITTLE GIRL, I'M COMIN FOR YOU.

or a little girl has a stalker:eek:

J-Milz
2011.09.25, 05:55 PM
Ill choose B.......

Golddust
2011.09.25, 05:58 PM
or a little girl has a stalker:eek:

No really this little girl had her Dad say that she just started racing with
a Car that he bought on Ebay and it was her first time behind the wheel
but it wasnt But once the races started, she looked and acted like she was
racing for a long time and beat Danica (Juiliana) Venditti by just a
nose of the car length and I know I could have beaten her if I didnt
crash in the second race when my brakes failed
And one more thing
I was Top Qualifier in Timing Heats and got a Bye in the first round of
racing!!!:D

Slapstick10
2011.09.25, 06:09 PM
15-16 hours of racing yesterday....I'm shot. And had to work today. Sorry I missed the beach. Hey Jamil how ya feeling today:p

Rob B
2011.09.25, 08:30 PM
15-16 hours of racing yesterday....I'm shot. And had to work today. Sorry I missed the beach. Hey Jamil how ya feeling today:p

you guys missed a good one .................

GIHOSU
2011.09.25, 09:25 PM
We need details... Please Rob, I am also curious about how Jim did today after racing Mini-Zs on the carpet last night.

J-Milz
2011.09.25, 09:32 PM
I was pissed when I woke up to sunlight this morning at 9am. If I had woke up a bit earlier I would have tried to make it. I too had to work today (at 2pm), but it would have been nice to get a qualifying round or two in.

I sobered up a lot last night. Especially when I was drag racing a lil dodge neon on the turnpike with my golf. :D

Marty, your too funny.

OffTheWall329
2011.09.25, 09:51 PM
did pretty good today. finished 3rd in vta. touring car was loose! the spots of sand on the track didnt help lol!

Rob B
2011.09.25, 10:16 PM
jamil, you should of came out .. we didnt start till 11 ...the track layout was great , had a nice flow to it .

jim ran good , and was the first one out of our crew there .. i needed sleep , getting home from cruzin at 1:30 ...

GIHOSU
2011.09.25, 10:41 PM
I got home at 2, had to get EMU home at get lost in Yonkers

rajiex
2011.09.26, 09:15 AM
I am planning to make a trip to Cruzin, on the 8th..Besides for the tire changes, is there anything else I will need to change from the Action setups.
What tires for the GT MOD, Skinnny and AWD is everyone using.. Hope to see some of you guys then.. I might surprise some of you, practice at home on a mini-96 extension track, surprised I can get around with hitting the rails consistently now.

I run pretty hard front ends with a medium rear..I would rather make the changes at home and have more time to shoot the breeze than work on the cars on my visit there.

GIHOSU
2011.09.26, 10:39 AM
Action setups transfer very well to carpet. You should just grab tires and drive.

My RCP setups were soft springs and full travel to perform on the bumps and I kept sway to a minimum to fight traction rolls. Carpet is smooth so now I run harder springs but sway control is lighter now. The harder springs are for keeping the tires planted and we let the cars lean a little because is gives good grip and on-power steering. Rear downforce is needed so if you have a wing that will help.

The ATM tires give you some choice in handling characteristics. The tires have sidewall profiles that that are rounded or more squared off and there are slick and treaded ones. I recommended the rounded V-groove rear tires to Marty but he was more comfortable with the squared AWs. You will have to try them and decide what you like.

Practice can only help, as a fellow RCP owner I can say that mini96 is going to make you sharper.

Fifty7
2011.09.26, 02:05 PM
I am planning to make a trip to Cruzin, on the 8th..Besides for the tire changes, is there anything else I will need to change from the Action setups.
What tires for the GT MOD, Skinnny and AWD is everyone using.. Hope to see some of you guys then.. I might surprise some of you, practice at home on a mini-96 extension track, surprised I can get around with hitting the rails consistently now.

I run pretty hard front ends with a medium rear..I would rather make the changes at home and have more time to shoot the breeze than work on the cars on my visit there.

Like Shafiq said, i changed only my tires, once i found the right rears for my driving style the car felt very similar to the last time i was on RCP. I wound up with the X pattern 7d rears and Atomic 10d fronts. Narrow was 20d fronts but i felt like i could use a little more steering so i might try the 10d next time. Biggest thing for me is you will need speed. Everyone is so fast because the cars can handle it with no worry about traction rolling.

Atomic-USA
2011.09.26, 02:26 PM
10d front may cause traction roll in Skinny/Narrow because the rules prohibit the use of Wide 7 deg tires in rear(Skinny). SlickR20 has a little more grip than Competition20 for the front. That's what I'm using in Skinny. Try that first; if still not enough front grip try 20V.

Fifty7
2011.09.26, 03:36 PM
10d front may cause traction roll in Skinny/Narrow because the rules prohibit the use of Wide 7 deg tires in rear(Skinny). SlickR20 has a little more grip than Competition20 for the front. That's what I'm using in Skinny. Try that first; if still not enough front grip try 20V.

Will do, Thanks

rajiex
2011.09.26, 04:38 PM
. Biggest thing for me is you will need speed. Everyone is so fast because the cars can handle it with no worry about traction rolling.

I got a PN 35 for the Mosler MOD, an Atomic Stock-R for the Supra AWD and a decent Reflex 70 Mazda RX7. I hear the layout is fast, what gearing are most guys running?

Sai, the MOD car is the one you had to fet for me after burning them up. I am running that 10/52. AWD is 19/27 and Skinny is 12/53.

I got no aims at A mains but I want a decent run without burning out boards.

Any other suggestion like bodies. Or will I have to show up at 3 and just tinker around all night.

Atomic-USA
2011.09.26, 04:57 PM
Raj, your gearings are good. I see no need for tinkering a lot with the cars. My setups and changes are minimal. I have not smelled a burnt board for a long time there or elsewhere.

EMU
2011.09.26, 05:30 PM
I agree with Sai's point about 10d fronts in Skinny. Not only will it increase probability of traction rolling, but it will also slow the car down more in the corners.

Raj, 35t gearing sounds like a good start. If not an 11/54 if you feel slow on the straight or the power is too explosive coming out of the corners. AWD sounds good as well. Its the same gearing that I am using, although I am using a PN 39t, so you may want to go up to a 19/29 and see how it feels on the track. 70t typically run best at 12/51, but every motor is different. I am using 13/51 and I still feel slow. Shafiq has the fastest 70t car, in a straight line at least. He gains almost 5 feet on me on the straight, mostly getting up to speed and a little at top speed.

The current layout will probably only be around for one or two more weekends. Its been out most of the summer, and I hear Ron broke the 9s barrier, so its time for a change. When we first laid it out we were just breaking into the 9's... Something that Nat and Scott both did in the A main on Saturday... so they are quickly finding pace with the 7d rears. Nat's car looked so good, I bought a Supra whitebody right after the race. He was drifting as usual...

Nat, if you want to drive your LM, we can do that, we just need to have 4 entries to run the class. I will only run 2 classes per night (maybe 3 if they dont need work).

I also wanted to mention, that if you guys wish to discuss the Cruizin related racing, it might be offensive to some to do it in the Action thread... Here is the link to the Cruizin Racing Reports page. http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=420970#post420970

Its great to race with you guys again. If you need any tips, or ideas, feel free to post and ask.

One thing about carpet, is that it is much easier to notice car balance errors than RCP, since grip is a little lower. In general, a more front biased car is easier to drive on carpet, since it wont skid out entering the corners off throttle, but has more ability to lose traction as you apply throttle. I have started cutting weight out of my bodies primarily in the rear. Dont go overboard, a little here and there can make the difference. Also, large plastic wings are not recommended. Lexan wings provide more downforce (extremely important at the speeds we reach on the current layout) with very little weight.

rajiex
2011.09.26, 08:02 PM
I agree with Sai's point about 10d fronts in Skinny. Not only will it increase probability of traction rolling, but it will also slow the car down more in the corners.

Raj, 35t gearing sounds like a good start. If not an 11/54 if you feel slow on the straight or the power is too explosive coming out of the corners. AWD sounds good as well. Its the same gearing that I am using, although I am using a PN 39t, so you may want to go up to a 19/29 and see how it feels on the track. 70t typically run best at 12/51, but every motor is different. I am using 13/51 and I still feel slow. Shafiq has the fastest 70t car, in a straight line at least. He gains almost 5 feet on me on the straight, mostly getting up to speed and a little at top speed.

Thanks Eugene and Sai, I will post on Cruzin from now on with questions. I know the Action guys surscribe to this thread and they know my hacking/driving style so they have some insight.

ActionRC
2011.09.28, 08:53 AM
Hey, everyone. Glad to see everyone is racing! I cannot wait to do the same. I went to the beach to say Hi after Justin's soccer game and got to drive Rob's vintage for his fnal qualifier - and won! No practice, or warm up - just straight-up won the qualifier. (Yes, I know I was driving Rob's car, but I still had to get it around the track!) It felt so good to wheel a radio, and I cannot wait to go racing with everyone again soon.

PLEASE keep discussing our group's adventures at Cruzin' here! It is good to see how our group is doing and progressing, and considering we're the "Action RC" guys, it's good to be able to discuss everything here.

In case you didn't get my email yesterday, the website is officially down, and the info@actionRCspeedway address is gone. I can be reached at actionRCspeedway@yahoo.com, and I will use this address to communicate about events and upcoming news about the possible new facility. Stay tuned! If you are not on my mailing address, send me an email and I'll add you.

Can't wait to race! I just don't know when. September and October are very busy months in my house, but hopefully I'll get up there soon!

KA2AEV
2011.09.28, 03:44 PM
GUYS!
Our Very Own Golddust will be racing this Saturday at the 6th
Annual Soap Box Derby at Westerleigh Park between
Willard, Springfield, Maine and NealDow Avenues
The Qualifiers (Yes they have to qualifiy!) start at 11am
Last year he was actually TQ! :eek:
So come on down and watch Golddust represent ActionRC
in the very best way!
He'll be driving an Orange and (naturally a) Gold #20 car :D

TomSr
2011.09.28, 05:47 PM
GUYS!
Our Very Own Golddust will be racing this Saturday at the 6th
Annual Soap Box Derby at Westerleigh Park between
Willard, Springfield, Maine and NealDow Avenues
The Qualifiers (Yes they have to qualifiy!) start at 11am
Last year he was actually TQ! :eek:
So come on down and watch Golddust represent ActionRC
in the very best way!
He'll be driving an Orange and (naturally a) Gold #20 car :D

Go get'em Golddust! Wishing you luck, skill, and a clean line to the finish line. I hope the other guys (and girls) are in your rearview mirror! :)

rajiex
2011.09.29, 09:20 AM
Cant decide, this saturday or next week for Cruzin..who is going and when. I want to see the most guys that I can

Fifty7
2011.09.29, 09:54 AM
Cant decide, this saturday or next week for Cruzin..who is going and when. I want to see the most guys that I can

I wanna go every week:D I'm still up in the air, not sure yet.

Good luck to Goldust on Saturday and to Tony on Sunday.

Mike, is it this Saturday or the 6th, if I'm around I'll try and get there with Matt to root on a fellow Action racer.

KA2AEV
2011.09.29, 10:27 AM
Good luck to Goldust on Saturday and to Tony on Sunday.

Mike, is it this Saturday or the 6th, if I'm around I'll try and get there with Matt to root on a fellow Action racer.

Its this Saturday Marty
Qualifiers start at about 11am and if I remember racing probably til
about 2 maybe later
Usually has a big turnout of kidsand adults watching

ShortBus
2011.09.29, 03:04 PM
Mike, please take lots of pictures at the big race !!

Slapstick10
2011.09.29, 07:17 PM
Hey everyone! Been so busy with work. I am going to see a place in the afternoon that I think is suitable for our needs. It's in my budget but will eliminate the 1/10 idea. I will keep everyone posted.

On a different note.... I might be going to cruizen with Austin.

KA2AEV
2011.09.30, 09:36 PM
Sad News

During Golddusts final test run at our secret Tottenville Testing Facility
He suffered a Catastrophic failure in his steering
He will not be racing tomorrow in the Soap Box Derby
We will be there to cheer against that Little Girl tho
and check out al of the cars

Thanks to everyone for their Good Cheer!
Golddust will be racing in Coney Island and in Highbridge, NJ
Next year as well as again at Westerleigh Park!

Slapstick10
2011.09.30, 09:47 PM
I have been to see 3 places in two days. I think we found a winner. I am in negotiations with the landlord and hope to have an answer by Monday. Al and Danny have been to see this property and we all agree this is very do able. The floor needs a little work but Danny is very optimistic it's an easy fix. I know al see's the potential when his face lit up. What I need everyone to do is clear your mind of all thoughts about the past Action and focus on the new. There will be changes that some may feel some discomfort but it's being done to ensure the survival of the new track. I will keep you informed as I get information!:D

J-Milz
2011.09.30, 09:53 PM
sad news

during golddusts final test run at our secret tottenville testing facility
he suffered a catastrophic failure in his steering
he will not be racing tomorrow in the soap box derby
we will be there to cheer against that little girl tho
and check out al of the cars

thanks to everyone for their good cheer!
Golddust will be racing in coney island and in highbridge, nj
next year as well as again at westerleigh park!

gold dust!!!!:(

Golddust
2011.09.30, 10:16 PM
we were just having problems with the steering and the braking.:eek::mad::rolleyes:

Golddust
2011.09.30, 10:20 PM
scott: is the track changeable?
danny: is the track raised?
cannot wait to see the new track!!!:D:):eek:

rajiex
2011.10.01, 09:09 AM
I have been to see 3 places in two days. I think we found a winner. I am in negotiations with the landlord and hope to have an answer by Monday. Al and Danny have been to see this property and we all agree this is very do able. The floor needs a little work but Danny is very optimistic it's an easy fix. I know al see's the potential when his face lit up. What I need everyone to do is clear your mind of all thoughts about the past Action and focus on the new. There will be changes that some may feel some discomfort but it's being done to ensure the survival of the new track. I will keep you informed as I get information!:D

Cool. Have you thought of a name? DKR something? Is anyone going to Cruzin tonite, I have a body I need to send up to Rob. Let me know, I can meet you somewhere before u go.

Kevin S.
2011.10.01, 10:27 AM
Cool. Have you thought of a name? DKR something? Is anyone going to Cruzin tonite, I have a body I need to send up to Rob. Let me know, I can meet you somewhere before u go.

Raj,
I gave Nat a 90mm Beetle Body last night to bring up to Rob today.

J-Milz
2011.10.01, 05:21 PM
Who's racing tonight??

Slapstick10
2011.10.02, 10:15 AM
:( Its not good. Its to small we need to keep looking.

Raj I now have the beetle body for Rob....lol

ShortBus
2011.10.02, 10:37 AM
lol, wasn't that my beetle body? can i hold it??

Kevin S.
2011.10.02, 12:03 PM
lol, wasn't that my beetle body? can i hold it??

LOl, yes Jeff...That was your Beetle Body originally that I got with the AWD :)...You can hold it too if ya want :p

philly123
2011.10.03, 06:33 PM
Selling my tire truer and a few other things if any one is interested.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=421490#post421490

Slapstick10
2011.10.03, 08:17 PM
Does size matter? I went to see a place today with Potter. This is the ideal spot. Heat,AC,new floors,well lit and in a place with tons of parking. This is a move in condition. Now for the flaw.... Track size....19x24. This would be 40% smaller then our old track. How important is size to my Fellow Staten Island racers?

Scenerios

1)Take a chance and try it because of the fact that it is well below the budget that I set for the track. And if we dont like it...finish out the lease and move.

2)Keep looking for a spot that is perfect. Honestly the ideal dwelling would be 30x70(2100sqft)

With a smaller track you would learn to drive better. And AC in the summer would just take the cake! What do you guys think?

bermbuster
2011.10.03, 08:27 PM
Does size matter? I went to see a place today with Potter. This is the ideal spot. Heat,AC,new floors,well lit and in a place with tons of parking. This is a move in condition. Now for the flaw.... Track size....19x24. This would be 40% smaller then our old track. How important is size to my Fellow Staten Island racers?

Scenerios

1)Take a chance and try it because of the fact that it is well below the budget that I set for the track. And if we dont like it...finish out the lease and move.

2)Keep looking for a spot that is perfect. Honestly the ideal dwelling would be 30x70(2100sqft)

With a smaller track you would learn to drive better. And AC in the summer would just take the cake! What do you guys think?

My 2 cents....
Majs original track was even smaller than that....We had a blast racing on it.
A smaller track = lower lap times and more laps....:cool:
If the place is more affordable and has all the amenities...it sounds like a win -win and down the road you can move if and when the situation warrants it.... I will be back in the NYC area for Christmas/New Years and if your in this or another place I will come and race with you guys....

Slapstick10
2011.10.03, 09:24 PM
Her are some pics of what I'm talking about.

J-Milz
2011.10.03, 10:54 PM
At this point I just wanna race in good ol' Staten Island! I love the Cruzin track:The facility is great, the crew, the huge inventory and program there is AWSOME! But honestly, I hate driving 45-50 mins to drive mini's. Now that I got to race there I will deffinetly be back. But as Dorothy said...There's No Place like home! When I had my mini 96 set up in the garage I had a blast with just Deonte and I, so as long as I can race with 4-5 people. Im in. Lets do it!

GTR driver
2011.10.04, 03:09 AM
At this point I just wanna race in good ol' Staten Island! I love the Cruzin track:The facility is great, the crew, the huge inventory and program there is AWSOME! But honestly, I hate driving 45-50 mins to drive mini's. Now that I got to race there I will deffinetly be back. But as Dorothy said...There's No Place like home! When I had my mini 96 set up in the garage I had a blast with just Deonte and I, so as long as I can race with 4-5 people. Im in. Lets do it!

Was the old Action RC track on Ellis st smaller than the last track? From what I can see in the pics, it looks pretty good. How much room for pit area?

rajiex
2011.10.04, 07:00 AM

Scenerios

IMO, as long as you can get a decent size track; at least a HFAY size, there should be no problem. Smaller track = slower motor, less tire wear, better racing bcause you have to watch lines. The most important thing is that what ever you decide, the place needs to be sustainable.

Fifty7
2011.10.04, 08:22 AM
Was the old Action RC track on Ellis st smaller than the last track? From what I can see in the pics, it looks pretty good. How much room for pit area?

I think the Ellis St track was a little smaller than the Arthur Kill spot but not much.

IMO, as long as you can get a decent size track; at least a HFAY size, there should be no problem. Smaller track = slower motor, less tire wear, better racing bcause you have to watch lines. The most important thing is that what ever you decide, the place needs to be sustainable.

I don't know what a HFAY is but I agree it shouldn't matter. Bottom line is you will not be able to please everyone and maybe it's a blessing that you found a smaller place that will be cheaper than you originally planned. It will make for a good starting point and like you said, if it goes well you could still look around for something bigger.

How big is the overall place? Where is it? I actually just posted on your FB that there's a whole row of stores available on Arthur Kill in the same lot as PK's Under the Bridge. Don't know how big they are but I drove by and saw a sign, it looks like they just finished building it.

J-Milz - I hear ya, I love the place and the program and the drive really dont bother me but committing to every Saturday is the killer.

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 09:22 AM
As potter said it's a big difference in size but it's bigger and better then what we have now which is nothing. I originally wanted to wait it out but this place is cheap it's a no brainer just to get us racing again. I don't see this as a long term place just a stepping stone till I find what I'm looking for. It's a two year young building with ac and heat. It efficient !!! My thoughts are it can hold 20 racers but it will be cozy. Realistic thinking it's going to be hard to find what we are looking for because the average size of warehouses in staten island is 24-26 x 55-60 with no ac. though the length is do able the with is tight. And most of the new buildings the bathrooms are made to be wheel chair accessible.

I out of everyone love to go to other tracks but you guys are right about the drive.... It's a killer. 20 for gas 12 for toll and race fee equals an expensive night for me. That's why o was going once a month. Weather Maj or crusin but I was going once a month.

SaiTam
2011.10.04, 09:43 AM
I have two suggestions:

1) Carpool to NJ and call EZPass to sign up for carpool discount (you pay about 1/2 at the cash lane w/3 ppl using the bridge or tunnel)

2) Build a bi-level track for small space

ShortBus
2011.10.04, 09:45 AM
A smaller track is one thing and everyone can adapt, but can the room support all of us for 5+ hours without killing eachother? As far as the warehouse options - have any been receptive to a 6 month lease? You won't need a/c for another 6-7 months and could run a fall/winter/spring program?

I trust your judgement on this one......

Jeff

ShortBus
2011.10.04, 09:49 AM
Sai - go back to sleep :)

rajiex
2011.10.04, 10:27 AM
A smaller track is one thing and everyone can adapt, but can the room support all of us for 5+ hours without killing eachother? As far as the warehouse options - have any been receptive to a 6 month lease? You won't need a/c for another 6-7 months and could run a fall/winter/spring program?

I trust your judgement on this one......

Jeff

If you leave us alone without adult supervision, its guarenteed that we will make attempts to kill one another..even the grand canyon is not big enough. at least in a smaller place, we wont have echos of "GOLDDUST" ringing thru the air. LOL..JK Golddust.

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 10:33 AM
My judgement is that a smaller track will benefit Action Drivers right now. It will push people to learn setup and actually have to drive there car instead of running full throttle through a 3 tile wide track. Like I said it a short term solution just to keep us running till i find what Im looking for. However if it became a long term thing...its so cheap that the track would easily be able to support itself. I am going again to look at it tonight... mainly for lighting. Danny is heading our Contruction Division, Adam is my Financial Advisor and Al is my Stretegic Advisor. All four of us have to agree for this to fly. If everyone agree's , after I sign the lease I will have a open house so everyone can pass by and see. If it happens!:D

rajiex
2011.10.04, 10:57 AM
My judgement is that a smaller track will benefit Action Drivers right now. It will push people to learn setup and actually have to drive there car instead of running full throttle through a 3 tile wide track. Like I said it a short term solution just to keep us running till i find what Im looking for. However if it became a long term thing...its so cheap that the track would easily be able to support itself. I am going again to look at it tonight... mainly for lighting. Danny is heading our Contruction Division, Adam is my Financial Advisor and Al is my Stretegic Advisor. All four of us have to agree for this to fly. If everyone agree's , after I sign the lease I will have a open house so everyone can pass by and see. If it happens!:D

I like running on my MINI-96 at home and I think its a blast running a 70t. Avoiding my kid's toys that can only be found on the track and the kids is fun.
Sustainable on its own is great, dont want anyone to lose money on the deal. Scott, can I be the spell check advisor..hey if the place is so cheap can you invest in adult entertainment marshalls. I guarantee the place would be packed and you would have all the assistant marshalls u would need. I think I can find a pole from somewhere to put in the corner.

Fifty7
2011.10.04, 11:03 AM

Where is it Scott? If its that small and cheap the Kyosho carpet will be cheaper :p:rolleyes: Then again, i'm with Raj. Save on the carpet, invest in a pole and a dancer :)

All kidding aside, how much work is needed to get it up and running?

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 12:17 PM
We would need a week basically. It's move in condition. I would ask Danny to make a wrap around counter to save space. That's all.

Oh and FYI Ronnie paid like $3000 for that carpet. I can get ozite for $700 a roll alot cheaper. And once silicone tires are used you can not run any other scale.

Fifty7
2011.10.04, 12:25 PM
We would need a week basically. It's move in condition. I would ask Danny to make a wrap around counter to save space. That's all.

Oh and FYI Ronnie paid like $3000 for that carpet. I can get ozite for $700 a roll alot cheaper. And once silicone tires are used you can not run any other scale.

Cool, I was kidding about the carpet, whatever surface it is we will adapt and be grateful to have a local place to race

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 12:29 PM
I wasn't ....! I like running on carpet. I also like rcp. I like them both and stand by original thought that they shouldn't be compared! Two very different feels and styles of racing!

Fifty7
2011.10.04, 12:52 PM
I wasn't ....! I like running on carpet. I also like rcp. I like them both and stand by original thought that they shouldn't be compared! Two very different feels and styles of racing!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't kidding about liking it. I think right now i prefer it but yes it is hard to compare when they are so different. Where does ozite fall into this discussion. What is it?

SaiTam
2011.10.04, 01:37 PM

Scott, don't tell me you are trying to run 1/10th scale on a 19' x 24' carpet track!

How about the MB-010 Mini-z Buggy? Will this class take off?

Try to find similar commercial/outdoor carpet instead. And if using RCP, don't use the double rails to conserve space. Good luck.

How about everyone just move to N.NJ? j/k

ShortBus
2011.10.04, 01:51 PM
Sai, I was thinking the same thing about the new mini-buggy's !!

Think about it, you would be the ONLY mini-buggy track in the tri-state :)

J-Milz
2011.10.04, 01:57 PM
How about the MB-010 Mini-z Buggy? Will this class take off?

I hope so. I preordered one. We should definitely try to explore the off road thing! It means more sales to a beginning track, and a exciting surge in the mini z world.

And if using RCP, don't use the double rails to conserve space.
great idea Sai!

Cherub1m
2011.10.04, 01:58 PM
Good luck with it guys.

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 03:46 PM
Sai- Silly rabbit trix is for kids!! The 1/10 idea has come and gone . With Donnie opening in New Rochelle I will loose any hopes on Long Island.

Marty- Ozite is a felt like carpet used on 1/10 tracks for indoor use. On the west coast they are running mini z's I heard. Think of the fabric they use on speaker box's for cars.....sought of the same stuff.

bermbuster
2011.10.04, 03:56 PM
Sai- Silly rabbit trix is for kids!! The 1/10 idea has come and gone . With Donnie opening in New Rochelle I will loose any hopes on Long Island.

Marty- Ozite is a felt like carpet used on 1/10 tracks for indoor use. On the west coast they are running mini z's I heard. Think of the fabric they use on speaker box's for cars.....sought of the same stuff.

your exactly right about the fabric. it is same carpet used on the dnano track. Ron at Cruizin bought his carpet twice....hence the huge cost...
First time around the pile was too high for the zs....
Now for those who remember Maj had ozite in his basement (old place) and we would run down there fooling around and it was pretty good....
The big difference out here is you can only use rubber tires. No silicone based tires. The RCP tracks dont like silicone tires now either....

I drove the kyosho buggies at Kyosho and let me tell you they are the BOMB...
very well made...they used different plastic than the zs...its softer but not as soft as the Losi plastic...These buggies make the losi stuff look like toys....

J-Milz
2011.10.04, 04:14 PM
George you should have smuggled one out of their clutches!;). I'd bet you can double the price right now on the bay! Lol.

Also: why are we talking carpet here. We (Scott) has two tracks in possession right now! The Action and Maj RCP tracks are boxed up, waiting to go. The ozite track was the plan if there was a place big enough to run 1/10 and mini's. This place is too small. The new place from what I hear is like a "Cafe style" race track. Small and intimate.

GTR driver
2011.10.04, 04:26 PM
[quote=fifty7;421595]where is it scott? If its that small and cheap the kyosho carpet will be cheaper :p:rolleyes: Then again, i'm with raj. Save on the carpet, invest in a pole and a dancer :)

all kidding aside, how much work is needed to get it up and running?[/quote

POLE POSITION!!

hpotter
2011.10.04, 07:26 PM
I saw the place with Scott, and my 2 cents is this, if your willing to travel (time and EXPENSE) than maybe the size of the track will matter to you but if your looking to race on SI right now I think your going to have to deal with the smaller track. To me I'd rather be racing with my buddies on SI. If you have to, put a slower motor in--I don't think it will take out of the competitveness that we had racing, maybe just a little different.

As far as getting it up and running, I'm not a contracter but to me it seems like a little cleaning and moving the stuff in.

RichieL
2011.10.04, 07:57 PM
I'm with all of you guys about running on SI can't wait to race again. I guess we will just have to adapt to a small place as we do when we race at other venues. So I say go for Scott.

bermbuster
2011.10.04, 08:44 PM
When me and my son started racing we made the trek to Staten Island and the friendliness and fun we had hooked us on mini z racing.
I always supported Action and reminded everyone how Lucky they were to have really good racing in there backyard. When Maj and Ron opened I now had racing in my backyard. Now I am in Southern California I have racing but it is not like Metro NYC......(we only race once a week rcp and twice a month carpet)
The size of the track doesnt mean much.....a 18 x 24 layout is not a bad size.....
Unlimited pit space well I remember Al taught us well how to pit 3 guys at a table. On a busy night you gotta be tight on your practice low turn out nights you can stretch out....The thing to remember you will be racing again 3 times a week....I say Race/support the new place!!! I know I will when Im back in town I will be there....

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 09:44 PM
Well after a meeting of the minds...We will be racing on Staten Island by the end of the month. We have figured out a way to have the track 20x30. I'm looking to seal the deal in the morning. Danny,Al and Adam all agree this is a win win for us. We have alot of plans and will be calling on all favors.

OH and by the way...The name of the new Track will be.....

Action 2 Mini Z Way

I am really excited about this project. I think you are all going to be surprised at how well it will work out.:D

Tomisthebest69
2011.10.04, 09:51 PM
Good luck guys!

bermbuster
2011.10.04, 09:53 PM
Well after a meeting of the minds...We will be racing on Staten Island by the end of the month. We have figured out a way to have the track 20x30. I'm looking to seal the deal in the morning. Danny,Al and Adam all agree this is a win win for us. We have alot of plans and will be calling on all favors.

Action 2 Mini Z Way

I am really excited about this project. I think you are all going to be surprised at how well it will work out.:D

Congrats....
GF Racing will be a proud supporter.......:cool:

Rob B
2011.10.04, 10:04 PM

Action 2 Mini Z Way

all i want to know is it still in delivery distance for town deli ?????:D

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 10:09 PM
but of course my brother....racing without town deli is down right not fair

ActionRC
2011.10.04, 10:22 PM
Good things are coming! Exciting times are ahead!

A few things:
1) Ellis 1 - 16' x 40'
2) Ellis 2 - 22' x 40'
3) AKR - 25' x 44'

This new track would be roughly 20' x 29'. Smaller, but still great racing! It's not a full 20' wide - it would taper at one end to clear the steps/bathroom. It's very do-able. I can't wait! As far as pits, there's enough room, but keep your stuff to a minimum. On a busy night, go with the understanding that you may need to fit 3 per table instead of the two that we're used to. The place is move-in ready. All we have to do is get the tables, chairs, track, lap counter, display case, and inventory and we are good to go! Eventually, we'll build more narrow work tables to free up some floor space, but it doesn't need to be done immediately.

As Scott and others said, the key thing is to race Z's on SI again. If we had to race on a pool table we could, but this is a far cry from a pool table. The track is big enough - just not as big as we're used to.

Can't wait!!!!!!:D:D:D

PS - My vote for a name: Action RC Mini Speedway 2 OR Action RC Mini Raceway

J-Milz
2011.10.04, 10:41 PM
YEAH!!!!!

Al,
I'm glad you talked him outta Dream kill'r raceway!:eek:

Kevin S.
2011.10.04, 10:49 PM

Action 2 Mini Z Way

First off, I want to say THANK YOU Scott...Thank you for taking on this responsibility and for giving us a place to race again on SI. Also a BIG Thank You goes out to Danny, Adam and Al for all your help and support. Wherever you open, I will support it. I know that I haven't been around much lately due to work, wedding planning (which is less than 2 months away now) & school, but whenever I am available, I will be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I know that this is going to be a great facility and I can't wait to race with everyone once again

Slapstick10
2011.10.04, 10:56 PM
Haha your funny! Action 2 is perfect, this way ALS vision lives on and it shows a positive and exciting change. I just hope that everyone realizes the time and effort a lot of us are putting in to make this happen. I think Rob said it best... Support your local track. Oh and by the way we will have a 32" flat screen tv to display lap times!!!

Cherub1m
2011.10.04, 11:28 PM
Congratulations guys!

EMU
2011.10.04, 11:28 PM
Oh and by the way we will have a 32" flat screen tv to display lap times!!!

I thought a smaller track would have smaller lap-times... :p

Its nice to hear that you are working things out. Hope it works out well. Just because the track is smaller, doesnt mean less intense racing, if anything, it will make the racing tighter, and the lap time spread down as well. It would be interesting to do a two level track... Check out the pics from MBMZR, they had a three level track which had awesome racing...

So, when are the winterNat's... ;)

One question, since this is a relatively new facility from what I understand, does this mean that it has sub floor heating?

rajiex
2011.10.05, 06:16 AM

Action 2 Mini Z Way

First and foremost, thank you Scott (Mayor) & Danny,Al & Adam (The Cabinet) for taking on this challenging task of bringing mini-z back to Staten Island. You took the bull by the horns, and carried through on your promise.

I see you kept it on the South Shore to be near Towne Deli for Rob. Just text me on what I can do to help. Do you need any computer equipment & supplies or bullhorns or safety vests for marshalls. I got a real radar speed gun, we can try out for fun. BTW where is the pole going, I can interview willing applicants.

Fifty7
2011.10.05, 08:29 AM

Action 2 Mini Z Way

I like it. How about More Action. Rc Speedway. Then for short its MARS which is fitting cause most of us are definitely out there:D

BTW where is the pole going, I can interview willing applicants.
I'm sure there will be plenty of people lining up for that job.

Cant wait to have some Town Deli for dinner again. I want to join in and say thank you to everyone involved that is making this possible and i know my son will be ecstatic, he asks all the time about when I will take him racing again.

What do you think you'll need electrically? We don't have much inventory but I'm going to take a look and see if we have anything useful laying around that might be getting thrown out soon.

As far as pit space, i saw Mike & Goldust pitting on a very narrow shelf in the back of Cruzin (Something like Als original idea for the front of the Arthur Kill location) and it looked like it was ok. And remember, at the winter & summer Nats we put 4 people at a table. As long as the boxes are on the floor, this wasn't so bad.

Nat - Time to slow that beast down again...Step away from the Chili:D

sjm324
2011.10.05, 11:58 AM
Hey all...I always love all the enthusiasm...The new track will be great and I can't wait...Things will need to be simplified to make this place work(which i know can happen)...looking forward to seeing everyone soon...see ya all at the track

Slapstick10
2011.10.05, 12:22 PM
Adam - I'm going to pick up the lease. I'm going to stop by to give you a copy...your services are needed here.

TomSr
2011.10.05, 01:08 PM
Exciting to see this news. Thank you Scott, Al, Adam, Danny and whoever else in the background is responsible for making this great save.

RichieL
2011.10.05, 01:35 PM
Let me know what I can do to help out.

Fifty7
2011.10.05, 01:57 PM
Let me know what I can do to help out.

Your title under your name says it all. If there's gonna be poles we're gonna need a bartender. :D

GTR driver
2011.10.05, 03:38 PM
I like it. How about More Action. Rc Speedway. Then for short its MARS which is fitting cause most of us are definitely out there:D

I'm sure there will be plenty of people lining up for that job.

Cant wait to have some Town Deli for dinner again. I want to join in and say thank you to everyone involved that is making this possible and i know my son will be ecstatic, he asks all the time about when I will take him racing again.

What do you think you'll need electrically? We don't have much inventory but I'm going to take a look and see if we have anything useful laying around that might be getting thrown out soon.

As far as pit space, i saw Mike & Goldust pitting on a very narrow shelf in the back of Cruzin (Something like Als original idea for the front of the Arthur Kill location) and it looked like it was ok. And remember, at the winter & summer Nats we put 4 people at a table. As long as the boxes are on the floor, this wasn't so bad.

Nat - Time to slow that beast down again...Step away from the Chili:D

I was just getting warmed up! I haven't touched the LM only the supra. I knew this day would come so I didn't want to mess with it.

SaiTam
2011.10.05, 05:03 PM
Don't be fooled by a small track not needing a powerful motor. Unlike a large track which you can take different driving lines to pass someone or build up speed on a long straight; on a small track you'll need highest amount of acceleration or torque to overtake someone or force someone to back off so that you can pass. Also when there's not much extra room on the track you need to pull away as quickly as you can out of a corner to prevent someone from closing in on you from behind.

Good luck guys, can't wait to see how the track will look like.

KA2AEV
2011.10.05, 05:26 PM

Marty Speak for yourself about Mars
Im only visiting this Universe as most can attest to!:rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2011.10.05, 05:28 PM
+1 on Mike and Johnaton visiting...:p

Fifty7
2011.10.05, 06:33 PM
Don't be fooled by a small track not needing a powerful motor. Unlike a large track which you can take different driving lines to pass someone or build up speed on a long straight; on a small track you'll need highest amount of acceleration or torque to overtake someone or force someone to back off so that you can pass. Also when there's not much extra room on the track you need to pull away as quickly as you can out of a corner to prevent someone from closing in on you from behind.

Good luck guys, can't wait to see how the track will look like.

Don't worry. I don't think any of us are jumping to a 70 turn for the wide cars.
Marty Speak for yourself about Mars
Im only visiting this Universe as most can attest to!:rolleyes:

That explains a lot. :p

Slapstick10
2011.10.05, 08:18 PM
The track is not as small as everyone thinks. One of the major differnces is going to be 3 tile chicanes. I believe we worked it out that the 30ft straightaway has 3 tiles for speed. All the chicanes will be 2 tile.

An Update:

I went today to sign the lease and get the keys but was concerned about a few things in the way they were written. The landlords lawyer is revising them and I should have the lease tomorow.

Mario's_racing
2011.10.05, 10:23 PM
Scott, and everyone else that helping to get this started, I want to thank you very much. I can't wait to be able to race again. I really appreciate what your all doing, can't wait to see the new place.

Also I'm guessing that there is a need for a new commercial, if thats what the owner wants.

rajiex
2011.10.06, 06:06 AM
Anyone going to Cruzin this Saturday?

Scrapper
2011.10.06, 08:20 AM
I should be

Fifty7
2011.10.06, 08:51 AM

I will find out tonight, I'm 50/50 right now

Slapstick10
2011.10.06, 09:24 AM

I'm not going this weekend. Trying to get one more outting at floyd for 1/8 gt:cool:

Mario- TY for the offer ...right now i'm putting all my effort into getting the doors open!!!

Cherub1m
2011.10.06, 12:15 PM
I'll keep checking this thread for update and check it out when you guys are ready to race.

Raj, I am definitely going to Cruzin this Saturday got to have my carpet fix :D Especially now that many of the outdoor racers are coming back for the winter.

KA2AEV
2011.10.06, 04:17 PM

Team Golddust will not be attending the Carpet this weekend :mad:
Altho wish we could go! :(

Slapstick10
2011.10.06, 04:18 PM
Update

A very unproductive day for lease signing. Problem after problem we found with the lease. Because it's a commercial lease it's very technical. The lawyer who represents the land lord has his head up his a$$. I had to call Italy 3 times today but the landlord is willing to fix the discrepancies. Hopefully tomorrow.

KA2AEV
2011.10.06, 04:20 PM
Update

A very unproductive day for lease signing. Problem after problem we found with the lease. Because it's a commercial lease it's very technical. The lawyer who represents the land lord has his head up his a$$. I had to call Italy 3 times today but the landlord is willing to fix the discrepancies. Hopefully tomorrow.

Hey we waited this long
A few more days won't matter to get everything
correct on paper so it doesn't go south!

Kevin S.
2011.10.06, 04:51 PM
Update

I don't blame you for not signing the lease yet. Better to be safe than sorry. I can't wait to race again :D

Scrapper
2011.10.06, 06:39 PM
a small mistake in wording can cost u thousands on a lease in the long run

J-Milz
2011.10.06, 09:26 PM
I'm looking for the Autoscale dummy chassis and plastic boxes for all my body's. LMK!:D

danny250r
2011.10.07, 04:41 AM
Update

thats why you should come by floyd today release a little stress :D ill be there about 3 :D robby rob will be there also

ActionRC
2011.10.07, 05:07 PM
I called Richie from Brooklyn Hobbies and told him I may come down on Sunday. Naturally, I mentioned that I might be able to get a group together. He was very excited to hear that, so if anyone wants to come, let me know and we'll take a trip - like an Action RC away-game! He said to come down, so if anyone wants to go we can basically run ARCMS over there on Sunday. Who's with me!!!???

I can't race this weekend (Fri/Sat) either. I am actually free Sunday, and really want to head to Brooklyn Hobbies. At least we can run the cars as-is with the Core system and ARCMS tires on it.

Let's go guys - who wants to go!? :D

ShortBus
2011.10.07, 06:12 PM
Let's see, that would be $26 dollars in tolls for me?

Rob B
2011.10.07, 08:02 PM
I called Richie from Brooklyn Hobbies and told him I may come down on Sunday. Naturally, I mentioned that I might be able to get a group together. He was very excited to hear that, so if anyone wants to come, let me know and we'll take a trip - like an Action RC away-game! He said to come down, so if anyone wants to go we can basically run ARCMS over there on Sunday. Who's with me!!!???

I can't race this weekend (Fri/Sat) either. I am actually free Sunday, and really want to head to Brooklyn Hobbies. At least we can run the cars as-is with the Core system and ARCMS tires on it.

Let's go guys - who wants to go!? :D

al, there is a race at floyd this sunday , or else i would join you ...

Scrapper
2011.10.07, 08:04 PM
Id join you guys, but sunday is my hating day, i just sit around work out and then get my hate on on radnom stuff

ActionRC
2011.10.07, 10:26 PM
Stu - You are nuts.

Jeff - Toll is only $5.76 for me. We'll go in together. I can fit 7 in the MVP!

Let's get a Convoy going. Richie said I could run the basement regardless of what's going on at Floyd, but I know some of you will be racing Nitro. Justin and I will probably be there either way, and then I'm thinking L&B Spumoni Gardens or Roll'n Roaster for the post racing banquet! Mmmmm! ;)

J-Milz
2011.10.08, 09:38 AM
Id join you guys, but sunday is my hating day, i just sit around work out and then get my hate on on radnom stuff

Where are you gonna be RIKERS? :confused:Lifting weights and hating on people? Bro you gotta get out more often.

Scrapper
2011.10.08, 09:53 AM
No its called the upper west side, i sit around and then work out and then hate on sai like always on sundays nothings open

KA2AEV
2011.10.08, 10:55 AM

Stu they have doctors who you can talk to about your situation

KA2AEV
2011.10.08, 10:58 AM
No its called the upper west side, i sit around and then work out and then hate on sai like always on sundays nothings open

Ah, actually Stu they are many things that are open on Sundays
Last time i checked the Upper West Side is not considered a Blue Zone

BTW one of these days Sai is gonna hunt you down for all of your
"Hating" I'd be nice to him if I were you

J-Milz
2011.10.08, 11:28 AM

Hmmmm.... You live on the upper westside and still you hating on people?:eek:

Slapstick10
2011.10.08, 11:33 AM
I have reached an agreement on many issues with my new landlord. Looks like we got a track. The last issue will come monday and the lease should be signed. I comfortable saying its a done deal. My estimated time of opening should be around 10/21. We will be bringing back the 3rd class on friday nights after New years. I will release the address and phone number after the lease is signed. Im very excited about opening...I cant wait. There is some work thats needs to be done to make things run easier. Pit tables and store will be up before the track and lap counter are even in the building. Be patient my friends its worth the wait.

The name... we can't make it the same as the old action because of legal issues. The name will be

Action RC 2... short n simple.

I also appreciate all the help everyone is offering.... it is awesome....as well as overwhelming. Believe me if we need help I won't hesitate to ask. We need to proceed walking not running. The more thought put into it now will save time and aggrivation later.

One thing I need is a hookup in a neon sign place if anyone has a hook please turn me on!!!:D That almost sounded sexual...lol

Kevin S.
2011.10.08, 11:59 AM
I have reached an agreement on many issues with my new landlord. Looks like we got a track. The last issue will come monday and the lease should be signed. I comfortable saying its a done deal. My estimated time of opening should be around 10/21. We will be bringing back the 3rd class on friday nights after New years. I will release the address and phone number after the lease is signed. Im very excited about opening...I cant wait. There is some work thats needs to be done to make things run easier. Pit tables and store will be up before the track and lap counter are even in the building. Be patient my friends its worth the wait.

The name... we can't make it the same as the old action because of legal issues. The name will be

I also appreciate all the help everyone is offering.... it is awesome....as well as overwhelming. Believe me if we need help I won't hesitate to ask. We need to proceed walking not running. The more thought put into it now will save time and aggrivation later.

One thing I need is a hookup in a neon sign place if anyone has a hook please turn me on!!!:D That almost sounded sexual...lol
WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! Awesome News Scott...Racing Returns To SI Once Again :D:D:D

Fifty7
2011.10.08, 12:40 PM

Early Congrats to you.

I'm sitting here reading this post out loud and my son is now celebrating and my wife said she will make some grand opening food for us:D There is a sign guy that i deal with across the street from my office (Graphic Signs and Awnings). We use him for window and truck lettering. I don't know what kind of price break he'll give me on neon but it's worth a shot. Give me an idea of what you're looking for and I'll go see him when i go to work on Tuesday.

Looks like I am going to Cruzin today so see whoever else is in a couple of hours.

ActionRC
2011.10.08, 08:33 PM
Great new about Action RC 2! Glad we can keep this thread going with the new/old name! Can't wait for SI racing!

Brooklyn Hobbies is open 11-6 tomorrow. We can go any time. I'm figuring around 12. Most of you have my number. Text if you want to come/carpool. No charge per Richie! :D

Slapstick10
2011.10.08, 09:19 PM
I hope that the new Action Rc 2 can make you feel as comfortable as you have made all of us over the years. Al you were my turn on for RC. Had I not have walked in 2 years ago I would never have experienced the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat in any scale or class. I have made some great friends along the way , I ve won a bunch of arguments and lost a ton more!

A couple of people have asked which track we will lay down? The Action Track or the Maj track. We will lay down the Action track untill 1/1/12. Give our racers a chance to re coop from all the traveling. Keep the setups the same have a happy holiday season and start the new year with a track change.

I really want a smooth transition for the new track. I will deal with as many issues as I can but keep in mind we cant please everyone.:D

lfisminiz
2011.10.08, 09:27 PM
Congrats Scott! Good Luck to you all. Maybe ill see you there one day.;):)

bermbuster
2011.10.08, 09:45 PM
I hope that the new Action Rc 2 can make you feel as comfortable as you have made all of us over the years. Al you were my turn on for RC. Had I not have walked in 2 years ago I would never have experienced the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat in any scale or class. I have made some great friends along the way , I ve won a bunch of arguments and lost a ton more!

A couple of people have asked which track we will lay down? The Action Track or the Maj track. We will lay down the Action track untill 1/1/12. Give our racers a chance to re coop from all the traveling. Keep the setups the same have a happy holiday season and start the new year with a track change.

I really want a smooth transition for the new track. I will deal with as many issues as I can but keep in mind we cant please everyone.:D

Awesome News.....
Great Racing for Great People!!!

Cherub1m
2011.10.09, 06:15 PM
Congratulations!!! guys. Can't wait to see some pics

GTR driver
2011.10.10, 03:08 AM
Congrats Scott! Thats awesome news, can't wait! :D

imxlr8ed
2011.10.10, 10:23 AM
Action RC... the sequel, or is the 2 an exponent?

Great job getting it rolling again!

mleemor60
2011.10.10, 10:42 AM
Action RC... the sequel, or is the 2 an exponent?

Great job getting it rolling again!

Maybe Re-Action R/C?

ActionRC
2011.10.10, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Scott. You have made great strides in this hobby. I am glad you are taking the reigns, and I cannot wait to race in SI again with everyone!

Justin, Dominick, Joe and I went to Brooklyn Hobbies yesterday and ran the basement track. We had a great time. First we passed by Floyd Bennet to watch Rob battle it out for the win in the Inferno GT class. Scott ran well in that race too, but Rob and some other dude in a blue Vette were going at it for the win until Rob got caught up in traffic. It was fun to watch, but still confimed my desire to stay away from nitro cars!

Then we headed over to Bklyn Hobbies. I was looking forward to running a tight track to see how it felt for the new place. I had a blast, and the new track will have wider lanes and will be a bigger, so we have nothing to fear. Richie and the good home drivers were in the mid 5's. Dom and I were in the low to mid 6's. (Dom beat me for the day overall by .16 with his #24 Mosler!) Justin got used to it pretty well and was in the low to mid 7's for his best, and averaged in the 8's. It was a lot of fun. It's tight, and it's easy to take people out if you're not careful, but it was fun. It was great to run the Z again! I missed it so much!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and racing together again very soon!

Slapstick10
2011.10.10, 12:01 PM
I'm glad you came to Floyd to watch the quals. Nitro is alot of fun but winning is not key. Any 1/8 nitro driver will tell you finishing is everything. That's why I'm proud to say rob came in first with 64 laps and I came in second in the 20 minute main with 57 laps. 20 minutes is an eternity for driving and alot can happen. At robs level it's about fast at my level it's consistency.

I'm going to the new track at 5:30 to sign my life away. Hvac guy will be there for final inspection. With a clean bill of health from him the keys will be in my possession tonight. I'll keep you all posted!

ActionRC
2011.10.10, 01:05 PM
Awesome news! So what should the formal name be?

"Action RC 2"
"Action RC Speedway 2" (Already an "Action RC Speedway" in OK)
"Action RC Mini Speedway 2"

The coolest would be Action˛ but we'd have to hit ALT253 every time we type the name!

I liked Reaction but then we'll get shuffled down the alphabetical lists of track directories. I know for short we'll all still call it "Action", as in "I'm going to Action tonight," but it should have a formal name. Maybe "Action Reaction RC Speedway"?

PS - Does anyone know of any way to get a website hosted for free? I used to pay for actionRCspeedway.com through Yahoo! for $13 a month, but maybe we can save $ with a free hosting service that maybe runs some ads on the site?

SaiTam
2011.10.10, 02:24 PM
Mini-Action Speedway? It does not start with "A" though.

imxlr8ed
2011.10.10, 02:36 PM
I liked Reaction but then we'll get shuffled down the alphabetical lists of track directories. I know for short we'll all still call it "Action", as in "I'm going to Action tonight," but it should have a formal name. Maybe "Action Reaction RC Speedway"?

Action-Reaction... seems to hint at a tie-in with Reflex Racing for some reason.

ARC˛ just seems more shirt logo-ey to me, and to get the exponent here... cheat and copy/paste like I just did. :D

Just thoughts, doesn't matter either way, the racing will always be great there. I'd stay away from naming it Radioactive RC though. ;)

Rob B
2011.10.10, 04:07 PM
Dream killr raceway......................:d

Slapstick10
2011.10.10, 04:39 PM
It is my pleasure to give you the address of the newest mini z track in the tristate area.

Action RC 2
40a Marble loop
Staten Island,NY 10309

Lease is signed and keys in hand. I will be at the track tonight if anyone cares to take a look. I will be there from 7:30-9:00

ActionRC
2011.10.10, 04:44 PM
CONGRATS SCOTT! Looking forward to getting it underway!

Rob - Dreamkillr Racing has a nice menacing team-name ring to it, but it sounds a little too menacing for a track name!

Scott - Let us know when anything needs to be moved, prepared, etc.

J-Milz
2011.10.10, 05:21 PM
and I cannot wait to race in SI again with everyone!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and racing together again very soon!

Well, wait no longer. The final race of the beach series is this Sunday. I'll be promoting "ARC 2 " heavy. Hope to see you guys there.

KA2AEV
2011.10.10, 06:19 PM
Dream killr raceway......................:d

One Word on that
NO :D

GREGDGR81
2011.10.10, 09:55 PM
I just sold all my stuff on flea bay.:mad::mad:

lol just kidding can't wait to race :D Way to pull it off Scott. Now we need a new mayor.:D

Slapstick10
2011.10.10, 10:19 PM
Dreamkillr raceway...hmmmm not happening. I'm sticking to my guns on the name. Action RC 2 is the name. DKR and ARC2 are two totally different things and should not be confused as one. A few people stopped by to check out the track space. I really can't say what they really thought but I got the feeling everyone was happy. Not only that we would be racing in Staten Island again but I think they really saw the vision that i have to proceed with. Against popular demand I asked people what they thought because it matters to me. This is going to be your track and your opinions matter. But also keep in mind not only opinions have bearing... there are liability issues , safety issues and legal issues that have merrit also. At the end of the day I will make the best decision after all these things are considered. In a previous post I said you cant make everyone happy which is very true but a little compromise here and there goes a long way. I stand by my original statement that my target open date will be 10/21/11. I will keep everyone informed at the progress we are making. Ty for being patient...Its worth the wait trust me!:D

ShortBus
2011.10.10, 11:03 PM
Had the opportunity to check out Action RC2 tonight, guys it will be worth the wait!! Track size is a bit smaller but not really "small" if that makes sense? The room also offers a nice size area for pit tables (20 racers easy).

The building itself can only be a few years old at most. Everything is new and very clean. Plenty of parking and everything is very well lit.

Scott best of luck and thank you for bring back our "family" track :)

Jeff

Mario's_racing
2011.10.10, 11:06 PM
This is great news to hear Scott. I wish I would have read your posts sooner, I might have stopped by but o well. If any help is needed, I'll be willing.

Scrapper
2011.10.10, 11:19 PM
Hey guys wheres the party, i dug this up from the files on action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HoH1UGeywE

Fifty7
2011.10.11, 08:28 AM
PS - Does anyone know of any way to get a website hosted for free? I used to pay for actionRCspeedway.com through Yahoo! for $13 a month, but maybe we can save $ with a free hosting service that maybe runs some ads on the site?

Wow, $13 a month?? I don't know what exactly is needed for the web site, email, etc... but I'm pretty sure you could pay about that for a year with godaddy.com

It is my pleasure to give you the address of the newest mini z track in the tristate area.

Action RC 2
40a Marble loop
Staten Island,NY 10309

Lease is signed and keys in hand. I will be at the track tonight if anyone cares to take a look. I will be there from 7:30-9:00

Terrific, Congrats & good luck again. I took advantage of the day off yesterday and spent it at Six Flags or i would've come down. Let us know when you're gonna be there again, I would love to come by and see the place. Being in construction I like to see the before & after.

just sold all my stuff on flea bay.:mad::mad:

lol just kidding can't wait to race :D Way to pull it off Scott. Now we need a new mayor.:D[/QUOTE]

Greg, Looking at the size of your posts, I think you should go to the Dr. for glasses

imxlr8ed
2011.10.11, 10:20 AM
So, a new Action RC2 thread in the works?... keeping this one, or gonna kill it off at 700 pages?

J-Milz
2011.10.11, 10:47 AM
So, a new Action RC2 thread in the works?... keeping this one, or gonna kill it off at 700 pages?

Nah......no need to kill all this history. The name is still the same. Almost:eek:

Ps: hey xlr8ed, how can I get my Avatar to move. Can you say rump shaker???

ShortBus
2011.10.11, 11:25 AM
Jamil - you would more than likely need multiple pictures of that rump in different positions, then software would piece them all together to "make it jump"

imxlr8ed
2011.10.11, 11:42 AM
Nah......no need to kill all this history. The name is still the same. Almost:eek:

Ps: hey xlr8ed, how can I get my Avatar to move. Can you say rump shaker???

I think they disabled the animated GIFs on this site a while back... last time I went to swap mine out, it wouldn't let me load a new animation so I just left that one up.

PM Ray (arch2b) about it, he may know why they changed that (if they did).

ActionRC
2011.10.11, 11:46 AM
We have to keep this thread going!

It was great to see everyone brainstorming last night - especially about the layout of the room. Once the tables and counter are in, then we'll know the biggest question right now as far as situating everything, but there is no question at all that we will be successfully racing again soon. :D:)

(I completely fell for Greg's post until I scrolled down. I had insults ready to go in seconds and they all got blown away when I scrolled down! You got me, Greg. Looking forward to seeing you anyway.)

Cool - 700 pages - and I am 9 away from my 1000th post!

Fifty7
2011.10.11, 01:18 PM
We have to keep this thread going!

It was great to see everyone brainstorming last night - especially about the layout of the room. Once the tables and counter are in, then we'll know the biggest question right now as far as situating everything, but there is no question at all that we will be successfully racing again soon. :D:)

(I completely fell for Greg's post until I scrolled down. I had insults ready to go in seconds and they all got blown away when I scrolled down! You got me, Greg. Looking forward to seeing you anyway.)

Definitely agree - Need to keep this thread alive

Is it too early to start talking classes and rules:D

KA2AEV
2011.10.11, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=ActionRC;422108][B]
[I](I completely fell for Greg's post until I scrolled down. I had insults ready to go in seconds and they all got blown away when I scrolled down!
[QUOTE]

WHy not post them
Greg hasn't been the brunt of any insults lately
Especially since he's from Massa-(How did Crop Put it?)

GREGDGR81
2011.10.11, 04:35 PM
Has it been comfirmed that we going to race wide,narrow or should we change it up and come up with somthing that no other track runs????????

J-Milz
2011.10.11, 06:15 PM
Has it been comfirmed that we going to race wide,narrow or should we change it up and come up with somthing that no other track runs????????

And throw away our current setups?? Nah.... No need. Let's just get the track running with the current classes and perhaps have a points series in the future with a different class. The buggy is coming out soon so it should be interesting to see what happens with that. I have my orange body pre ordered. :D

GREGDGR81
2011.10.11, 06:20 PM
What about doing somehing with the Mini-Z monster trucks?

Slapstick10
2011.10.11, 06:31 PM
I fell for the greg post also....:rolleyes:

The race program wil not change!

Wide and Narrow are safe...same rules apply. We will only add to it in the future. Not take away!

I have never had any thought of changing or amending this thread. I will only post track info here. I am not trying to change Action just make it better.I am determined to make this track self supporting! But really only...you the racers can make that happen.

J-Milz
2011.10.11, 07:03 PM
What about doing somehing with the Mini-Z monster trucks?

I'm a closet redneck at heart, so there is always room for Mini monster IMO. However I don't think there is enough of an intrest in it as a third class. We ran it once during a summer national and it was FUN! Although I think the marshals during that race would disagree. :p

Greg you gotta monster??? (mini z monster.....keep it clean fellas)

bermbuster
2011.10.11, 07:10 PM
[B]We have to keep this thread going!

Now that you have more free time Al you can become a post-whore like me and get your post count up while contributing to a great thread!

bermbuster
2011.10.11, 07:12 PM
You think Pucho will come out of retirement soon?.....:cool:

bermbuster
2011.10.11, 07:13 PM
I'm a closet redneck at heart, so there is always room for Mini monster IMO. However I don't think there is enough of an intrest in it as a third class. We ran it once during a summer national and it was FUN! Although I think the marshals during that race would disagree. :p

Greg you gotta monster??? (mini z monster.....keep it clean fellas)

I have been bringing my mini monster and overland to Kyosho using there jumps getting ready for the release of the BUGGIES....Im hoping they may make a comeback.....:cool:

GREGDGR81
2011.10.11, 09:34 PM
Yeah I have one. What about monster truck pulls?

p.s If anyone fell for my early post GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

KA2AEV
2011.10.11, 10:09 PM
You think Pucho will come out of retirement soon?.....:cool:

He's already posting on one of the other forums

KA2AEV
2011.10.11, 10:10 PM
Yeah I have one. What about monster truck pulls?

Okay and exactly what will that monster truck pull? :rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2011.10.12, 11:15 AM
So we have electric! I am now working on gas. I will be at the track tonight from 7-9 if anyone wants to see. We are bringing the display case ,tables and chairs.