PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47

Fifty7
2011.10.12, 11:28 AM
So we have electric! I am now working on gas. I will be at the track tonight from 7-9 if anyone wants to see. We are bringing the display case ,tables and chairs.

I wanna see!! Will try and be there for 7 to help you unload. So when are you bringing in the orange & black paint? :D:eek:

Slapstick10
2011.10.12, 12:15 PM
No orange and black paint!!! I'm going to Brooklyn to pickup a van.

minittrackmann
2011.10.12, 01:59 PM
Scott congrats man. Your place kinda sorta near the same neighborhood as the old Action? RCP track im assuming? Lemme no, gonna come check it out!

Fifty7
2011.10.12, 02:30 PM
Scott congrats man. Your place kinda sorta near the same neighborhood as the old Action? RCP track im assuming? Lemme no, gonna come check it out!

Cody - It's only a few blocks from the old place. I think the plan was to put down the old track until the new year and then the new rcp track that was bought from Maj's.

PadrinoNY
2011.10.12, 03:55 PM
You think Pucho will come out of retirement soon?.....:cool:

I don't know Berm. I have been sandbaggin this thread since my leave and I have to say that from tears to joy that Acttion is back up.

Hey Scott to I get an over the bridge discount ;) LMAO.

Here I go starting trouble.......

PadrinoNY
2011.10.12, 04:04 PM
Truth be told I miss the racing scene but between my jobs and home life it's been difficult. I will be there the 21st I have that evening off...

Scott have those batteries cycled and ready for then cause I am gonna see if I still go it....

Rob B
2011.10.12, 04:49 PM
Truth be told I miss the racing scene but between my jobs and home life it's been difficult. I will be there the 21st I have that evening off...

Scott have those batteries cycled and ready for then cause I am gonna see if I still go it....

it would be great to see you pucho.... miss you dude .

PadrinoNY
2011.10.12, 07:59 PM
it would be great to see you pucho.... miss you dude .

Ditto CUZ..... I'll be out there on the 21st. Hope to see the whole family

rajiex
2011.10.12, 09:52 PM
Got the pleasure of seeing the place. Scott, you out did any of my expectations. Place is new, clean, plenty of pit space. The track layout will be nice. I love the balcony. It was great seeing a lot of the Action family togother, pitching in to help the new place get up a running. Can't wait for my return to Wed. racing.

Mario's_racing
2011.10.12, 10:22 PM
Yes, for anyone who hasn't seen the new place yet, I have to say that it's pretty nice. It's a lot bigger then it looks and has a good space for the track.

Slapstick10
2011.10.12, 10:34 PM
Confession time

In my mind I thought opening a track would be alot easier. Ive been shelling out alot of cash the last weeks with little results. Between the lease and other formalities its very time consuming. But tonight after the showcase,pit table and chairs were in....my vision is coming together. And the thought of not one 32" tv but two....thats just insane....I'm so excited. This place is going to be off the hook. Not to mention the new Computer,screen and printer. Oh and I must not forget the insane sound system with the speakers going to hang from the ceiling. My only question is are we going to race or hangout!!!

ShortBus
2011.10.13, 12:02 AM
shhhhhhh !! we are coming to race (wink wink) :)

GREGDGR81
2011.10.13, 12:32 AM
Can't we do both. :D:D:D:D:D:D

SaiTam
2011.10.13, 08:01 AM
It sounds like the track should be ready in no time. However, Google map does not show exactly where it is.

My friend bought some generic interlocking carpet tiles locally for non mini-z use some time ago; I am going to test them out today with a Mini-z. Maybe you guys can use these under the RCP to smooth out the track; alternate between RCP/carpet; or make a hybrid track.

http://www.getrung.com/image/carpet3.jpg

http://www.getrung.com/rcmod.html
Sample: http://www.getrung.com/image/rc-xmod-racetrack.jpg
I am not sure if my friend's tiles are the same type from here or elsewhere:http://www.getrung.com/carpet-top.html

Please let me know if you see similar interlocking carpet tiles locally such as Pepboys / Lowes / HD? My friend does not remember exactly where he bought them.(it's been a while)

Fifty7
2011.10.13, 08:13 AM
Can't believe I will say this but.... I agree with Greg :eek: We WILL do both.

Anyone who hasn't seen it yet, forgot about all the conversations that went on here about "small". We moved the tables around last night looking for the best configuration and we found it. Scott had on an ear to ear grin and i don't know how many times he said " I can't believe how good the pit tables look". The place has such a nice homey feeling we are all gonna love it. Cant wait to get started. See everyone soon at Action RC 2 Lounge? Cafe? Racetrack? Cigar Bar?

SaiTam
2011.10.13, 08:15 AM
Will it be ready this week?

Fifty7
2011.10.13, 08:16 AM
Maybe you guys can use these under the RCP to smooth out the track; alternate between RCP/carpet; or make a hybrid track.

It's funny you say that. We were talking last night, the floor is concrete and very smooth & level. Scott mentioned that if we did eventually go to carpet we could always put the rcp track on top of it and run that as well sometimes and I jokingly said we could have a rally race with different sections of carpet & rcp.

Will it be ready this week?

he's still shooting for next Friday the 21st and after seeing what got done last night it shouldn't be a problem.

rajiex
2011.10.13, 10:17 AM
The place has such a nice homey feeling we are all gonna love it. Cant wait to get started. See everyone soon at Action RC 2 Lounge? Cafe? Racetrack? Cigar Bar?

Action 2 Social Club...has a nice ring to it.

"Open to members presenting official mini z ID cards. No cover charge but annual membership required..Working on live entertainment. Premium charges for Bachelor parties..Plenty of offsite parking"

Scott: Forget the fridge, pole and elevated stage can fit in that corner.

Wait, wait, wait.. this place is for grown kids playing wth little cars. Any special plans for the grand opening?

Cherub1m
2011.10.13, 11:11 AM
It sounds like the track should be ready in no time. However, Google map does not show exactly where it is.

My friend bought some generic interlocking carpet tiles locally for non mini-z use some time ago; I am going to test them out today with a Mini-z. Maybe you guys can use these under the RCP to smooth out the track; alternate between RCP/carpet; or make a hybrid track.

Great Idea a hybrid track. Looked at the link it looks nice.

Fifty7
2011.10.13, 11:30 AM
Wait, wait, wait.. this place is for grown kids playing wth little cars. Any special plans for the grand opening?

I'm all for "adult" nights like Danny mentioned last night but just remember some of us grown kids bring their little kids who are looking very forward to racing again. ;)

ShortBus
2011.10.13, 01:21 PM
Marty - you just need to glue a mustashe on Matt to get him thru the door

Slapstick10
2011.10.13, 01:57 PM
Well I'm at the track going through the inventory and waiting for national grid. Hopefully the get here early so I can go get the tv's. Believe it or not the opening on the 21 St will depend on Al - laying the track and setting up core, Raj updating software and getting the tv's to show life and richie with a few wiring issues. I think we can handle this... As far as the grand opening we will have some food and giveaways supplied by the track.

KA2AEV
2011.10.13, 02:21 PM
and richie with a few wiring issues.

You're letting a Bus Driver handle the wiring issues? :eek:

SaiTam
2011.10.13, 02:54 PM
Great Idea a hybrid track. Looked at the link it looks nice.

I am wondering if these mats are the same:

You cannot even see the joints:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32243&stc=1&d=1318531881

Thin and light:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32244&stc=1&d=1318531881

Take a look: VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU0-wtbiH-k)

Cherub1m
2011.10.13, 03:58 PM
I am wondering if these mats are the same:

You cannot even see the joints:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32243&stc=1&d=1318531881

Thin and light:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32244&stc=1&d=1318531881

Take a look: VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU0-wtbiH-k)

That is awesome, simply awesome. Great find Sai.:D

bermbuster
2011.10.14, 12:08 AM
When are we gonna see some pics????

RichieL
2011.10.14, 08:40 AM
you're letting a bus driver handle the wiring issues? :eek:

yes, mike the bus driver is handling the low voltage wiring so i'm not taking your job away!!!:d:d

rajiex
2011.10.14, 09:28 AM

Correction. Not driver but bus operator; A person entrusted by the State to operate a $500,000.00 vehicle weighting 14 tons, 58 lives on board, traverse the urban jungle at warp speed. well at least that is what the job description states.

Fifty7
2011.10.14, 09:51 AM

I'm very sorry for this Mike but from my experience that's still better than having an engineer do it. They need to stick to the design process. :D

ActionRC
2011.10.14, 11:22 AM
The opening is dependant on me??? Jeez - I can't escape the Mini-Z track ownership pressure - even after I close! :confused:

Seriously, I cannot see how we couldn't be open on the 21st. We hung the parts on the freshly installed pegboard, so everything for the MR02/03, including diff parts, gears, motors, batteries, tools, etc., are all hung and ready to go. The display case needs to be filled, but we cannot find the glass shelves. A trip to South Shore Glass might be necessary. I think we said last night that we'll hook up the old computer for now so that the lap counter can be up and running immediately. That will be up to Scott and Raj, I guess. The pit area looks really cool - plenty of room for I'd say about 20+ people without squishing anyone too tightly together. It's coming along nicely. I'll be working on the layout next week. I have a good one in mind to maximize the space while still allowing room to move around and marshall. :D

Can't wait to hear "4 3 2 1 Beep!" for the first time!!!

ActionRC
2011.10.14, 11:28 AM
Why can't I find the area of the forum to change my signature!!?? I did it a few weeks ago, but cannot find it now! :mad: How am I missing it???

ShortBus
2011.10.14, 11:35 AM
USER CP

then

edit details or edit signature

Scrapper
2011.10.14, 11:35 AM
go to user cpand in the side bar there is a signature tool

ActionRC
2011.10.14, 12:59 PM
SENT TO ALL CONTACTS TODAY BY EMAIL... If you are not on my mailing list, please email me at actionRCspeedway@yahoo.com

Action RC Family,

I am pleased to announce that in the VERY near future, a new day is dawning in the world of Kyosho Mini-Z racing - the "return" of Action RC Mini Speedway in it's newest version - Action RC 2!

As you all know by now, keeping the old facility open was impossible: the rent was high, the utility bills were extremely expensive, and the building was in disrepair. Without hesitation, and in the purest of desires to keep all of us together as the "Action RC Family", Scott, the self-proclaimed "Mayor of Action RC", immediately began looking for a new building to establish a place to race. After searching MANY facilities throughout the island, he finally found a place we can call our new home.

Action RC 2
40A Marble Loop
Staten Island,NY 10309
(Off Arthur Kill Road, down Winant Place - seconds from the old track!)

Some things will be different. To answer some questions...
1) No, I am not the owner. Action RC Mini Speedway Inc., as the former corporation, exists no more. My role will much the same as many of you played a role for me - I will help call races, open up from time to time if necessary, help behind the counter, etc. Basically, the same way people like Crop, Scott, Jeff, Johnathan, and others have always helped me in the past. My goal is simple - to help keep a year-round RC racing facility open on SI. My goal has always been to have a place close to home to race. The more everyone supports the new track, in terms of attendance, sales, and help when needed, the stronger the track will be and the more it will be able to sustain itself. THAT is what it is all about - staying open!

2) The new place will operate more as a club than a business in a much simpler version in an effort to minimize all operating costs. The plan now is to not accept credit cards. Credit card processing and monthly fees are extremely expensive, and suck the profit out of the sale. Inventory will be kept to a minimum of necessary and popular parts, but anything will be able to be ordered - just be prepared to pay for your special order in advance. Products from Atomic, Kyosho, PN, Reflex, and others will continue to be available!

3) The original RCP track will be laid down first. Within a few weeks, we will switch to the alternate RCP track. We will then determine which is better, and part-out the other.

4) In terms of racing, everything will be the same if not better. On-track action will continue to be awesome, competitive, and most importantly, FUN! The Wide and Narrow classes will continue to operate, with possible third classes evolving as time allows. There will be more track time as well. As of now, the plan is to be open as follows:

Tuesday: Practice
Wednesday: Racing
Thursday: Practice
Friday: Racing

Opening time has not been completely decided yet, but I would estimate in the 6pm - 7pm range. The first night of racing will be Friday, October 21st! (Of course, this is if everything keeps going according to schedule, but "so far, so good!")

5) A phone number will be available shortly, and a website and official email address will be available in the coming weeks.

Those of you who have been traveling to some of the other excellent racing facilities in our area over the last month have realized the plus side of having a place to continue racing Mini-Z's, but also discovered the downside of traveling - like tolls and time. The advent of Action RC 2 will keep the convenience of a Staten Island track a reality, and your support will be integral.

I look forward to seeing you all again very soon! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, and please keep in touch on our tremendously popular forum: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19325&page=703

Al
Track Layout Designer, Part-Time Announcer, Overall Assistant
Action RC 2

GREGDGR81
2011.10.14, 01:24 PM
I would like to take this time to nominate Al as the mayor of Action Rc 2.

KA2AEV
2011.10.14, 01:25 PM
I'm very sorry for this Mike but from my experience that's still better than having an engineer do it. They need to stick to the design process. :D

Exactly what type of experience do you have?
Okay Raj you got me on the Bus Operator, but electrical?
That sounds dangerous to mix them, sort of like
Gas and an open flame

And
Exactly When did I become an engineer?
Im a Substation Mechanic!

KA2AEV
2011.10.14, 01:29 PM
I would like to take this time to nominate Al as the mayor of Action Rc 2.

Seconded!

Al Tag Your It! ;)

Fifty7
2011.10.14, 01:41 PM
Exactly what type of experience do you have?
Okay Raj you got me on the Bus Operator, but electrical?
That sounds dangerous to mix them, sort of like
Gas and an open flame

And
Exactly When did I become an engineer?
Im a Substation Mechanic!

Oh good, glad to hear you're not an engineer anymore :p I don't know who but someone said you were an engineer. My experience? I've been in the electrical industry since I'm 14 trying to install the impossible ideas of the genius engineers & architects. Most (not all) engineers know how they want something to work but don't know how to do it.

J-Milz
2011.10.14, 01:42 PM
As the person who gave Scott the name "THE MAYOR" I'd like to see that name stay with him. He "Took" this new track situation on by the balls, and brought racing back to Shao-lin.

KA2AEV
2011.10.14, 02:06 PM
Oh good, glad to hear you're not an engineer anymore :p I don't know who but someone said you were an engineer.

Anymore?
I was never an Engineer!
The closest I came to being an engineer was playing with my Lionel
Trains when I was a Child!:)
And I'd like to know who spead that nasty rumor that I was! :rolleyes:

GREGDGR81
2011.10.14, 03:30 PM
As the person who gave Scott the name "THE MAYOR" I'd like to see that name stay with him. He "Took" this new track situation on by the balls, and brought racing back to Shao-lin.

But Scott is the owner now.

J-Milz
2011.10.14, 04:52 PM
But Scott is the owner now.

Ah.... Greg, excuse me but if the MAYOR is someone who runs a city. I think "THE MAYOR" would be appropriate for someone who runs a track. :eek:

Don't they have Mayors in bean town.

GREGDGR81
2011.10.14, 06:00 PM

Ah.... Greg, excuse me but if the MAYOR is someone who runs a city. I think "THE MAYOR" would be appropriate for someone who runs a track. :eek:

Don't they have Mayors in bean town.

Ok so Al could be the GM :D

KA2AEV
2011.10.15, 07:19 PM
Al here is a great Signature!

That works for me! :D

J-Milz
2011.10.15, 08:18 PM
I got collar'd by the forum police. Lol!:D

FYI TOMOROW IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE BEACH SERIES ON STATEN ISLAND. THE WEATHER IS LOOKING GOOD, SO COME ON OUT IF YOU LOOKING TO DO SOMTHING TOMOROW. ILL BE TALKING UP THE NEW TRACK AS WELL TO THE BROWNIES CREW. SEE YA THEN!

KA2AEV
2011.10.15, 11:26 PM
I got collar'd by the forum police. Lol!:D

FYI TOMOROW IS THE LAST DAY FOR THE BEACH SERIES ON STATEN ISLAND. THE WEATHER IS LOOKING GOOD, SO COME ON OUT IF YOU LOOKING TO DO SOMTHING TOMOROW. ILL BE TALKING UP THE NEW TRACK AS WELL TO THE BROWNIES CREW. SEE YA THEN!

Ah
Some people got no sense of humor
Good One Tho Jamil! :D

Slapstick10
2011.10.16, 11:41 AM
OK so here's where we are at. I need every available person to help out on Wednesday night. If we want to have an open date for friday its crunch time.

Marty is going to hang some fixture's for the pit area
Richie is going to install the surround sound
Raj is doing computer in partnership with tv's,Core,Pa and surround sound
Al is doing track and core
Louie is changing the lock on the front door and bringing the register and old computers.

The rest of us will be brininging everything up and cleaning. The tables are filthy and need to be scrubbed. Home depot is only open till 9pm so if we need something we need to know right away. We will check the core system with the rental cars and kill two birds with one stone.

Its crunch time my friends...lets rock and roll. If you have any questions pm me or call me.:cool:

KA2AEV
2011.10.16, 01:33 PM
OK so here's where we are at. I need every available person to help out on Wednesday night. If we want to have an open date for friday its crunch time.
Its crunch time my friends...lets rock and roll. If you have any questions pm me or call me.:cool:

Scott
Golddust and myself won't be able to make it on Wednesday
Few things still going on here
We hope to stop by on Friday either to race or just to wish you luck

KA2AEV
2011.10.16, 07:14 PM
Anyone hear about a driver getting killed in a crash today?
Had to have been an Indy Car thing cause I don't think NASCAR
had anything scheduled for today

machgo5go
2011.10.16, 07:57 PM
Anyone hear about a driver getting killed in a crash today?
Had to have been an Indy Car thing cause I don't think NASCAR
had anything scheduled for today
"INDYCAR is sad to announce that Dan Wheldon passed away from unsurvivable injuries. Our thoughts and prayers are with Dan and his family. INDYCAR, its drivers and teams have decided to end the race. We will run a five-lap salute in honor of Dan."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/indycar/story/2011-10-16/las-vegas-300-dan-wheldon-crash/50795256/1

EMU
2011.10.16, 08:13 PM
It was a huge crash... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcAZ7I_lk7M

Im surprised that only one person died... 225mph oval in an open wheeled car is just crazy.

RIP Dan Wheldon. 2x Indy 500 winner (won this year and had an emotional ceremony). He didnt have a ride for the season, and this was his third start of the season. Its a shame, he was a good driver...

Cherub1m
2011.10.16, 08:33 PM
"INDYCAR is sad to announce that Dan Wheldon passed away from unsurvivable injuries. Our thoughts and prayers are with Dan and his family. INDYCAR, its drivers and teams have decided to end the race. We will run a five-lap salute in honor of Dan."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/indycar/story/2011-10-16/las-vegas-300-dan-wheldon-crash/50795256/1

Im surprised that only one person died... 225mph oval in an open wheeled car is just crazy.

RIP Dan Wheldon. 2x Indy 500 winner (won this year and had an emotional ceremony). He didnt have a ride for the season, and this was his third start of the season. Its a shame, he was a good driver...

R.I.P. Prayers are with him and his family.

Fifty7
2011.10.16, 09:51 PM

Wow, I thought stock cars went airborne. That is crazy, i can't believe how far they flew and just took off like rockets.

R.I.P.

ShortBus
2011.10.17, 09:10 AM
Wednesday night it is !!

KA2AEV
2011.10.17, 12:10 PM
Just caught CNN and they said that many of the drivers were very
concerned about the condition of the track for this style of racing
that it was too narrow and too short for Indy Cars after the inital
practice and that both State and Federal Agencies are investigating
these claims!

Was he in one of the cars that caught air and flipped?
They also said that the Emergency Crew that got to him first
knew he was dead right away!

EMU
2011.10.17, 12:47 PM
Was he in one of the cars that caught air and flipped?
They also said that the Emergency Crew that got to him first
knew he was dead right away!

Yes, he was in the car that flew right into the fence... You can see the emergency crews waving around his car that they needed immediate help. While the fence may give a little, at those speeds it makes little difference.

mleemor60
2011.10.17, 02:02 PM
Cheese grater effect. Sad but true.

KA2AEV
2011.10.17, 03:11 PM
Cheese grater effect. Sad but true.

Thats what I was thinking that did him in
Man what a terrible way to go

Rob B
2011.10.17, 09:17 PM
Is it friday yet ???????:D:D:D

J-Milz
2011.10.17, 11:26 PM
I'm jones'n too! The beach got me hyped up to race again. Let's do it!

ShortBus
2011.10.18, 09:23 PM
Ok, how many are we expecting for Friday night pending no issues with setup during the week? I will also be opening and should have the doors open between 5:30-6:00pm as usual for those wanting setup time at the new facility.

Jeff

KA2AEV
2011.10.18, 10:16 PM
Ok, how many are we expecting for Friday night pending no issues with setup during the week? I will also be opening and should have the doors open between 5:30-6:00pm as usual for those wanting setup time at the new facility.

Jeff

Hey Marty, Ya Happy Now? :rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2011.10.19, 06:13 AM
I would assume it going to be crowded at the opening. It's new and everyone is going to want to see what the fuss is about. I can't promise all the tv's and props will be uP n running but the track and lap counter will. I remind everyone of the goal and that is to have a track we can call home that will generate enough income to survive. If at the opening you have a concern or a need I will try and fix it. Keep in mind that the biggest problem I see is adjustment. We were spoiled with the old track. I personally think this is going to be better the the old place. ComPletely climate controlled and cozy! Most of you already know there will be no waiting till the end of the night to pay! There are to many reasons to list for this but it is what it is. Drinks... Buy them from the track we need the support. Please don't make me the bad guy by telling you to throw it out or leave. I am friends with everyone but these two rules are not negotiable. Snacks and beverages are $1.00 each. This does not mean you can't order food... Just buy you drinks frOm the track!

rajiex
2011.10.19, 08:04 AM
Mayor/Owner Scott,

What time will u be there tonite. We should be able to get the computer and Core up and running on the newer computer. I am still looking for a 50 foot VGA Cable to run to the monitor over the track; displaying the lap times and pace. I cant find one at work, Best Buy has the best deal $28.99 but needs to be shipped from some warehouse. Staples wants a $90.00 for the same cable. I got the splitter and some 10 feet cable, we can try joining togother.

I wont be able to join your soiree on Friday, I got a wedding rehearsal that my girls are flower girls. I will be there on Wed nite. Just have some Dr. Pepper and Beef Jerky.

Fifty7
2011.10.19, 08:29 AM
Mayor/Owner Scott,

What time will u be there tonite. We should be able to get the computer and Core up and running on the newer computer. I am still looking for a 50 foot VGA Cable to run to the monitor over the track; displaying the lap times and pace. I cant find one at work, Best Buy has the best deal $28.99 but needs to be shipped from some warehouse. Staples wants a $90.00 for the same cable. I got the splitter and some 10 feet cable, we can try joining togother.

I wont be able to join your soiree on Friday, I got a wedding rehearsal that my girls are flower girls. I will be there on Wed nite. Just have some Dr. Pepper and Beef Jerky.

Raj, What kind of cable you looking for? TV or computer? It's not like RG59 is it?

If anyone is there early, I dont know if they're always there but the tenant downstairs is a audio/video contractor (Just dont try and break in, there's a camera on the pole in the driveway:eek:) maybe he can hook you up.

Oh yeah, Happy 21st Birthday Jamil :D

rajiex
2011.10.19, 08:43 AM
Raj, What kind of cable you looking for? TV or computer? It's not like RG59 is it?

If anyone is there early, I dont know if they're always there but the tenant downstairs is a audio/video contractor (Just dont try and break in, there's a camera on the pole in the driveway:eek:) maybe he can hook you up.

Oh yeah, Happy 21st Birthday Jamil :D

VGA Cable or SVGA Cable? its the same cable from the monitor to the computer. Most popular length is only 6 feet.

Fifty7
2011.10.19, 08:44 AM
VGA Cable or SVGA Cable? its the same cable from the monitor to the computer. Most popular length is only 6 feet.

Do you know what kind of wire it is and if we can get wire and put our own ends on it?

Slapstick10
2011.10.19, 10:32 AM
ok got the vga cable 2 rolls of 50ft will be in the house by 10am thursday.

Dr peper and Jerky for raj ....:DCheck that

rajiex
2011.10.19, 10:53 AM
ok got the vga cable 2 rolls of 50ft will be in the house by 10am thursday.

Dr peper and Jerky for raj ....:DCheck that

Scott,

Did the tv's u get have vga connections. It should be written on the box.

Fifty7
2011.10.19, 11:27 AM
Scott,

Did the tv's u get have vga connections. It should be written on the box.

This seems like the kind of question that should've been asked sooner :p

rajiex
2011.10.19, 11:33 AM

Ouch...need to know what other splitter/adapter I will need to acquire before leaving work.

Fifty7
2011.10.19, 11:36 AM
Ouch...need to know what other splitter/adapter I will need to acquire before leaving work.

lol - Just kidding. And I know what "acquire" means :eek:

egonzalez
2011.10.19, 01:32 PM

You could get a VGA Extender via CAT5/CAT6 RJ45 Cable Adapter Kit and run an Ethernet cable instead... This shoudl cost between 5 to 10 dollars + just making an ethernet cable. (up to 100 feet max) Good Luck with the track. :D

Mario's_racing
2011.10.19, 02:46 PM
I don't know if I will be able to come Friday :( I have a party for a close family friend. The best I might be able to do is come late. If I do come I'll be sure to bring my cameras to document the grand opening. Also I would have come tonight but I have a paper to write :(

I hate homework!

Slapstick10
2011.10.19, 03:13 PM

...things that make you go......wtf!!!!!!:p

KA2AEV
2011.10.19, 05:15 PM
...things that make you go......wtf!!!!!!:p

Would you expect anything less from Marty?:D

ShortBus
2011.10.20, 12:31 AM
Just wanted to say the new place is coming along nicely. The track is down and just a few technical things "to do's" and some final cleaning before Friday !! I just hope I remember how to drive :)

Slapstick10
2011.10.20, 12:47 AM
I am very pleased to announce that we will open on schedule. This track has shaped up so much. It has exceeded my expectations to the point of infatuation. This is going to be one cool place to race. It's is cozy and sheik. I would also like to take a moment to thank everyone for all there unconditional help. Without you guys this would not be possible.

Honorable mentions
Danny
Al
Jeff
Paul
Kevin S
Harley
Rob B
Chrissy
Raj
Richie
Adam
Dominick
Potter
Joe
Marty
Louie
Austin

Doors open Friday at 6pm

Slapstick10
2011.10.20, 09:39 AM
Here are a few tid bits of the new track!

Please accept my appology if I forgot to name anyone that helped in my previous post. So many gave so much....Ty:D

EMU
2011.10.20, 11:29 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32265&d=1319117945
Afraid that there will be too long of a line on Friday to get in the place, people are sleeping on the track to get first dibs on pit space. . . :)

Looks good guys. Everyone that put time and effort into the place should be proud. Except for the guy sleeping on the job in the yellow shirt :p...

J-Milz
2011.10.20, 11:43 AM
Lookin good! Can't wait to run this Friday night!

Fifty7
2011.10.20, 12:56 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32265&d=1319117945
Afraid that there will be too long of a line on Friday to get in the place, people are sleeping on the track to get first dibs on pit space. . . :)

Looks good guys. Everyone that put time and effort into the place should be proud. Except for the guy sleeping on the job in the yellow shirt :p...

Really was a team effort, nobody hanging around doing nothing. Cant wait to race tomorrow and i know my son is super excited too. I just hope that you guys removed Raj's body before the stink set in. It's a real shame he died working on the track and didn't even get to race on it.

On a different note to all my video game geek friends. Tonight I m going to play Uncharted 3 on PS3 in 3D on a movie screen at the AMC theater in Lincoln Square. Should be fun. My son thinks I'm doing it for him but my wife knows better.:D

ShortBus
2011.10.20, 01:28 PM
yeah thinking back we didn't even honor the poor guy. i can't even begin to count that amount of times I walked over him...... poor bast*rd !!

Fifty7
2011.10.20, 01:40 PM
yeah thinking back we didn't even honor the poor guy. i can't even begin to count that amount of times I walked over him...... poor bast@rd !!

Now if we glitch in that corner we can blame his ghost swatting at the cars:eek:

Slapstick10
2011.10.20, 02:45 PM
I'm going to make a sign ....here lies raj!!!

Have the vga cable, refridgerator is in transit, got some signs from adams place.

TomSr
2011.10.20, 03:00 PM
Marshall down!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow night Scott et al. Great job getting Action2 up and running!

We hope to get down there when Crop's football season finishes.

rajiex
2011.10.20, 05:39 PM
Really was a team effort, nobody hanging around doing nothing. Cant wait to race tomorrow and i know my son is super excited too. I just hope that you guys removed Raj's body before the stink set in. It's a real shame he died working on the track and didn't even get to race on it.

Man down and Harley is surfing the Internet and Jeff is looking for tires. What love. And Marty is just looking to get my marshalling corner.

GREGDGR81
2011.10.20, 06:35 PM
I just finshing charging my batteries,cleaning my cars off from the dust can't wait till Friday. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ShortBus
2011.10.20, 09:13 PM
Greg - don't forget, to get to the new track you need to hop on the 73 bus and get off at the broad street exit :)

KA2AEV
2011.10.20, 09:35 PM
Greg - don't forget, to get to the new track you need to hop on the 73 bus and get off at the broad street exit :)

No he's gotta take the 77 and get off at Whitehall:rolleyes:

J-Milz
2011.10.20, 11:54 PM
Why didnt you guys put a sheet over the body? Can't wait til Friday night. I mis breaking balls, and rip'n RCP with fellas.

ShortBus
2011.10.21, 12:06 AM
scott was already using the sheet as a blanket - it was cold out on the balcony...

Fifty7
2011.10.21, 07:56 AM
out on the balcony...

You mean the smoking section

GREGDGR81
2011.10.21, 08:09 AM

It's to bad I have GPS on my phone :D :D :D

J-Milz
2011.10.21, 09:13 AM
It's to bad I have GPS on my phone :D :D :D

I thought we agreed to not tell Greg the new addy. Who dropped the ball?:D

ShortBus
2011.10.21, 09:33 AM
must have been potter

KA2AEV
2011.10.21, 09:41 AM
Figures, can't trust him with anything

Fifty7
2011.10.21, 02:24 PM
Only a few hours left, cant wait to get back on the RCP

Golddust
2011.10.21, 03:36 PM
Wahoo
boogedy,boogedy, boogedy boys lets go racing with mini-z's

Golddust
2011.10.21, 03:37 PM
Only two hours left

Cherub1m
2011.10.21, 03:55 PM
The place looks nice. That is some dedication, nice work everyone.

ActionRC
2011.10.21, 04:48 PM
Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock...

Can't wait to race!!! Thank you to all who broke their butts this week. We worked hard and got it done. The important stuff is up, and finishing touches could be done during the week, but racing is back! :D:):eek:

ActionRC
2011.10.22, 12:19 AM
Had a GREAT time tonight! Scott and the family did a fantastic job getting things going the right way right out of the gate. Thank you to everyone for keeping Action RC (2) alive and well. It was great to see all of the regulars - and a few special guests. It was a special night.

We had a few misses on the lap counter, but 99% of them were explainable and correctable, so let's not jump on the 'change the lapcounter' discussion. Each week will only get better and better.

Looking forward to working on the cars again this week, and getting a good narrow car up and running. Again, great job and thank you everyone! Loved running the Z tonight! :)

Fifty7
2011.10.22, 02:11 AM
Congrats on a very successful first night. Great job by every one who helped run the show.

J-Milz
2011.10.22, 08:23 AM
FINALLY MINI Z RACING IS BACK IN STATEN ISLAND!(In the Roc's voice)

It felt like a family get together last night. You had food, drinks, kids running around, your weird cousin, and even that crazy uncle thrown in the mix. Great night of racing last night.:D

Slapstick10
2011.10.22, 10:48 AM
Action RC 2 made its maiden voyage last night. It was awesome how we hit capacity and still found room. I heard a few concerns about the lighting on the track but it seemed to be a non factor for results. I think everyone finished where they should have. We ended up leaving the joint at 2am. Even though Action was not running at 100% I'm comfortable in saying as we fix the tweaks its just going to get better and better. What I did notice is with the track being smaller then the old Action it forces you to drive better. The racing was very intense and competitive. No more pushing through corners...now you must drive. I have so many thoughts but I'm exhausted...TY to everyone that came. I hope everyone had a great time!:D

Mario's_racing
2011.10.22, 11:30 AM
I kinda regret not going now :| but I am glad that opening night was so successful. I can wait to make it out there again!

ShortBus
2011.10.22, 12:54 PM
It felt so good getting back on the track. Although the track is smaller it makes for some really fast action and great races. Just wanted to give Harley a pat on the back for her hard work and great job on the computer :)

Is it Friday yet????

bermbuster
2011.10.22, 01:00 PM
I kinda regret not going now :| but I am glad that opening night was so successful. I can wait to make it out there again!

You didnt make it and you live on Staten Island.....:eek:

I cant wait until Nov when Im back in town.....:D

Im also very happy that ARC 2 had a successful first night too...:cool:

EMU
2011.10.22, 01:38 PM
I feel like I was at a big party last night, not racing. It was after 3AM when I finally got home, and I know Shafiq still had 45min of driving to get home :eek:

The tracks size is not a problem. I geared down a little, and tried to find a good tire balance. Opting for a little push over too much steering. The transition from the carpet track to the RCP just took K20 radials in the rear and X15 front tires. I think next time I will use K30 in the front, I just didnt have the feel for the front end with the X15. The Action track really likes Kyosho rubber.

HAPPY B-Day Harley :) You worked hard all through the night. Congratulations. You also got the car working well into the main.

jackg
2011.10.22, 03:46 PM
Great racing last night. Battles with Jim G felt just like the old concrete oval! Paul that was some close racing. -j

sjm324
2011.10.22, 03:56 PM
Great night of racing...it was good to see everyone again...the new track is real nice...now i know what being a bobblehead feels like and my eyes were burning by the end of the night but all worth it :)...cant wait to do it again

Mario's_racing
2011.10.22, 06:53 PM
You didnt make it and you live on Staten Island.....:eek:
:

I was at a party on the other side of the island, all night. I was trying to leave early but I became the photographer and could leave. :(

Slapstick10
2011.10.23, 01:34 PM
Just a reminder to all of the new hours for your convienence!

Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 7-10 Practice
Wednesday - 7-11 (Racing will start at 8pm) 3quals 1main
Thursday - 7-10 Practice
Friday 6-? Wide body cars/open motor 3quals 1main
Narrow body 70t motor/open wheels 2quals 1main

We will run the wide qual and main first till after the first of the year.

Saturday-Closed
Sunday-Closed

After the first of the year the 3rd class is coming back...I see Pan Car in our future!

ActionRC
2011.10.24, 09:07 AM
Friday really did feel like a family reunion. It was great to see the incredible turnout - the regulars really pulled through to get this new place started right.

I ran 15X tires up front also, but I think I need a bit more steering than they offer, but mine are older. I am backing off to much entering corners, allowing my rivals (Marty in particular!) to catch me quickly. I was pretty good Friday - and was able to hold a lead for a while over some really good drivers, but as the race continued I'd get caught. Will work on that this week! Can't wait! :D

Fifty7
2011.10.24, 01:27 PM
Friday really did feel like a family reunion. It was great to see the incredible turnout - the regulars really pulled through to get this new place started right.

I ran 15X tires up front also, but I think I need a bit more steering than they offer, but mine are older. I am backing off to much entering corners, allowing my rivals (Marty in particular!) to catch me quickly. I was pretty good Friday - and was able to hold a lead for a while over some really good drivers, but as the race continued I'd get caught. Will work on that this week! Can't wait! :D

Catching wasn't the problem, getting past cleanly was :p The mostly 2 tile track definitely introduced us to something new and i think we'll benefit from it. I personally loved it, (I think always did prefer the technical stuff to the speed) and i really think the 4 weeks at Cruzin' really helped me with throttle control bc with the powerful motors you cant just mash on it. Now you need to get a good narrow setup and join in the real fun. You can borrow Matt's spare whenever you want but that's not gonna be competitive.

Al - Wait till you see my new Murcielago that will be finished today. You're gonna want one.
Did you watch the Talladega race yet? I have a question but don't want to say unless you watched.

Fifty7
2011.10.24, 08:03 PM
What do you guys think?

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=1226
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=1227
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=1228

Cherub1m
2011.10.24, 08:31 PM
What do you guys think?

Very nice Marty

EMU
2011.10.24, 08:34 PM
I liked the yellow/blue... but it doesnt look bad. Some may say your a rainbow driver, with those colors in the decals :p

J-Milz
2011.10.24, 09:04 PM
Are those decals from a 1/24 static kit? Very nice....What did you protect/ clear it with?

lfisminiz
2011.10.24, 10:13 PM
Looks good....Marty!:)

Fifty7
2011.10.24, 10:14 PM
I liked the yellow/blue... but it doesnt look bad. Some may say your a rainbow driver, with those colors in the decals :p

My son wants a Murcielago so he will probably inherit the blue/yellow until i make him a #14 Burger King Car.

Are those decals from a 1/24 static kit? Very nice....What did you protect/ clear it with?

Decals?? Thats all hand painted:D

They are Vinyl peel and stick decals from Pattos Place in Australia. Makes pretty much any scale you want and has a lot to choose from. Don't know if he does any custom stuff like if you send him your Payne racing files.

Slapstick10
2011.10.25, 06:18 AM
Just a reminder to all. Tonight the track is open 7-10 for practice. The new tv's are hung and I'm 99% percent sure we will have at least the one in the track area operational tonight. I have also a full line of atomic parts that I just picked up. We also have an 03 Lamborghini chassis set and a AWD chassis in stock! Big things happening at Action RC 2. Come by check it out!

rajiex
2011.10.25, 06:51 AM
Just a reminder to all. Tonight the track is open 7-10 for practice. The new tv's are hung and I'm 99% percent sure we will have at least the one in the track area operational tonight. I have also a full line of atomic parts that I just picked up. We also have an 03 Lamborghini chassis set and a AWD chassis in stock! Big things happening at Action RC 2. Come by check it out!

So I guess, I am coming in tonite. This time does the box and website match to what is in the box. Want to look thru the AWD box for stuff I need.

rajiex
2011.10.25, 09:22 AM
What do you guys think?

Marty,

You can also use waterslide decal paper. It works in normal laserjet and inkjet printers. The stuff is good, you can print and decal any picture you download. Paper is a bit on the pricey side but worth it. You wont find it at Staples but I think Michael's carry them. Apply wet, squeeze out air bubbles and let it dry. I am thinking of decal a car with Stuggotz on it to haunt Al & Sai.

Fifty7
2011.10.25, 10:06 AM
Marty,

You can also use waterslide decal paper. It works in normal laserjet and inkjet printers. The stuff is good, you can print and decal any picture you download. Paper is a bit on the pricey side but worth it. You wont find it at Staples but I think Michael's carry them. Apply wet, squeeze out air bubbles and let it dry. I am thinking of decal a car with Stuggotz on it to haunt Al & Sai.

I have done waterslides in the past and they've been ok but the problem is when you need white ink. These (to me anyway) are worth not having to find the decal size it, print it, clear it, etc.... and much higher quality than the water slides. A couple of them i took on and off 2-3 times and they still stuck

profound30
2011.10.25, 10:15 AM
Any f1 racing going down or practice

Slapstick10
2011.10.25, 10:53 AM
In practice you can run what you want when you want. I have mine at the track if you want company!!!

profound30
2011.10.25, 11:35 AM
Sounds good ill be there today

Kevin S.
2011.10.25, 03:18 PM
I know this post is a few days late but I just wanted to say Thank You Scott for the Awesome Night of Racing on Friday. I really enjoyed myself. It felt great to get back to the track and race and hang out with everyone again. I hadn't touched a mini-z since the end of June and it really showed :eek:...I cannot wait to race again...I am really excited about the new track because it is going to force me to become a better driver. It will help me to understand set up more and it will also help me to try and find the best line around the track. Staying clean lap after lap is going to be the key. One fumble and you can go from first to last in an instant.

Scott, Thank You for bringing Mini-Z racing back to SI. Irene & I would like to wish you nothing but the best of luck in this new venture.

See everyone at the track real soon :D

minittrackmann
2011.10.25, 10:45 PM
Finally straightened out a lot of stuff going on that I got myself into. Place looks amazing, and have heard nothing but great stuff about the new place. Should be making the trip every friday again. Miss racing a lot it really kept me out opf a lot of trouble.

Best of luck with the new place Scott!

If anyone has an extra 02 03 2.4 roller that they have nop use for shoot me with a PM with a price!

Thanks see you all soon!

Cody

Slapstick10
2011.10.26, 05:49 AM
Thanks Cody for the kind words!

Our first night of practice went pretty well. Paul seems to have taken a liking to the more technical track throwing down a 7.10. Now if only I could persuade al to get rid of that perfex 18.....

Ok Wednesday is here and it's race night. Race what you want... That's the theme! Racing will start promptly at 8pm. Track opens at 7pm. 3 quals and 1 main. I hope to see every one tonight!

ActionRC
2011.10.26, 08:21 AM
Marty - The body looks great! I did watch Talladega Sunday.

Fun practice last night! Fastest lap I did was a 7.06 but Philipe and Phil were in the 6's. The important thig is that I was faster than Scott! :D

See y'all later!

rajiex
2011.10.26, 09:58 AM
Cant wait for tonite. Havent raced on da island in almost two months.. Which car to run, decisions, decisions.

Fifty7
2011.10.26, 10:14 AM

Fun practice last night! Fastest lap I did was a 7.06 but Philipe and Phil were in the 6's. The important thig is that I was faster than Scott! :D

See y'all later!

Do you want to choke Paul Menard right now. I said it was a mistake from the second he paired up with him and my wife kept telling me I'm crazy they wouldn't do stuff on purpose. :eek:

Cherub1m
2011.10.26, 12:41 PM

See y'all later!

Yeah had fun practicing yesterday at Action RC2, the track is tight and will teach drivers to take a tight line. I had to gear down a bit to slow top speed a bit and increase acceleration. Again thank you for the hospitality guys and again great job on making this happen.

minittrackmann
2011.10.26, 03:36 PM
If someone could hook it up with directions thats would be great. If i were coming from the old action rc, where do i go lol. see everyone tonight!

J-Milz
2011.10.26, 03:49 PM
Action RC 2
40A Marble Loop
Staten Island,NY 10309

Fifty7
2011.10.26, 03:59 PM
If someone could hook it up with directions thats would be great. If i were coming from the old action rc, where do i go lol. see everyone tonight!

If you come out of the old parking lot make a left onto Arthur Kill than a left on Winant Place then right on marble loop and follow it around to the address

ActionRC
2011.10.26, 05:02 PM
Marty: Tony's restart was awful. I couldn't tell who's fault it was, but without a good push you're a sitting duck. Nascar Radio on Sirius has been nothing but a complaint-fest about the 2x2 racing at Dega.

Everyone: Justin has outgrown his awesome Jeff Gordon pit jacket. It is in perfect shape. If anyone wants it, let me know. I refuse to give this to the poor like I do all of the other old clothes. This piece is special - I'll only give it away to someone who could appreciate it and treat it right.

Cody: Looking forward to beating you - I mean - racing with you again! Hopefully you'll finish some races!

It's so funny to see the kids like Crop, Johnathan, and Cody driving real cars!

Can't wait to race tonight!

Slapstick10
2011.10.27, 05:58 AM
Sai- it was great to see you and Sammy. I hope you enjoyed yourself.

What I am noticing from watching is that the gap between b and a main drivers is tighter then ever. It seems to be evening out the playing field as you will. I have also noticed that some drivers need to race with a little more descretion. What I mean is this is extremely tight going into the chicanes and you need to pick and choose your times to pass. Bullying and paint swapping are no longer options.
On a different note we made our first pot of coffee yesterday ...!!! Small milestone! And still I have not raced on my own track..priceless!! With a little luck I'll be able to complete my Lexus 430 tonight for racing tomorrow.

KA2AEV
2011.10.27, 04:00 PM
Marty: Tony's restart was awful. I couldn't tell who's fault it was, but without a good push you're a sitting duck. Nascar Radio on Sirius has been nothing but a complaint-fest about the 2x2 racing at Dega.

Looked as if Menard just gave up on him and didn't floor it when they went green
I bet Smoke had a few choice words for him in the garage

KA2AEV
2011.10.27, 09:50 PM
Oh and By the way

Marty wants to know who is opening and at what time :D

ShortBus
2011.10.27, 10:42 PM
Mike, same as usual - I will be there between 5:30 and 6pm.

Jeff

Scrapper
2011.10.28, 12:33 AM
Had a great time seeing everyone wednesday, this post is late but ive been soldering nonstop for the last 4 hours lol, on my helis, making use of broken stuff

The new facility is nice and carries the atmosphere we all loved about action, Best of luck to scott, Next time I go by there I will be back to racing!!!!!!!!

Fifty7
2011.10.28, 07:54 AM
Looked as if Menard just gave up on him and didn't floor it when they went green
I bet Smoke had a few choice words for him in the garage

That's what i saw. It looked like they hooked up good at the green and then he backed off. Hey if he's willing to spin out to bring out a caution for Harvick guess he'll do what he's told.

Oh and By the way

Marty wants to know who is opening and at what time :D

No I dont.

Next time I go by there I will be back to racing!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the warning :eek:

rajiex
2011.10.28, 08:37 AM
Scott,

Great place, had fun, just get the Dr. Pepper.

Will you be getting the Raybrig Honda, I want one!!

On Wednesday, do you have a Eurus or Helios, I can pair on of my cars to. I want to try one of them out before I get you to order me one.

Video Card is on its way. Maybe may Wed, Core displayed in the Track area and DVD or webcam playing in the Pit Area.

KA2AEV
2011.10.28, 04:37 PM
No I dont.

Yes you do, you just do not want to admit it :p

Slapstick10
2011.10.28, 05:16 PM
Scott,

Great place, had fun, just get the Dr. Pepper.

Will you be getting the Raybrig Honda, I want one!!

On Wednesday, do you have a Eurus or Helios, I can pair on of my cars to. I want to try one of them out before I get you to order me one.

Video Card is on its way. Maybe may Wed, Core displayed in the Track area and DVD or webcam playing in the Pit Area.

You can try mine! I'll bind it to your car and your on your way.

Well it's Friday and it's race day!!!! Need I say more!!!

Slapstick10
2011.10.30, 08:43 PM
Wow .....what a weekend! Some great racing on friday a couple of parties sat and Sun.

I've made it no secret how I hate the narrow class...but I have to say that was some of the greatest racing I've ever seen on a mini z track.

The layout will stay till next tuesday when our layout specialist dazzles us again.

Ty everyone for your patience during the learning of the core system.:D

Fifty7
2011.10.31, 01:00 PM
I've made it no secret how I hate the narrow class...but I have to say that was some of the greatest racing I've ever seen on a mini z track.

Yes you have and yes it was. I was satisfied with a second place finish in both qualifiers and the main especially against Jonathan's bullet with those crazy batteries.

On a different note - No spoilers but what a crazy Martinsville race Sunday.

KA2AEV
2011.10.31, 06:38 PM
On a different note - No spoilers but what a crazy Martinsville race Sunday.

HOLY COW You know it Dude
I was suprised how that finished
Im dieing to say something but out of respect for a certain someone
Won''t

ActionRC
2011.11.01, 12:37 PM
Haha - Watched the race Sunday! Yeeeaahhhhh!!!! 8 points and closing! Look out Carl! The 14 is coming!!! I thought when he had to pit after getting together with Harvick on the restart that he was done, but that was the best thing that could have happened to him! :D

Sorry I had to split Friday. Juliana broke her foot Friday night, and we spent the night in the emergency room. She got her cast yesterday (after I pushed her around trick or treating in a wheelchair) by CDR Racing's own Tom Jr. It's camoflouge with a # 39 on it and an Army logo. (Kidding - it's just purple.) Thank you, Jr.! :)

If you think you go through withdrawals when you miss a night of racing, try starting and having to leave! Can't wait to race again this week! May practice tonight, and definitely racing tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have a narrow car up and running by Friday. :cool:

Enjoying myself tremendously at Action RC 2...

Fifty7
2011.11.01, 01:32 PM
Haha - Watched the race Sunday! Yeeeaahhhhh!!!! 8 points and closing! Look out Carl! The 14 is coming!!! I thought when he had to pit after getting together with Harvick on the restart that he was done, but that was the best thing that could have happened to him! :D

Hey - That was youre 1,000th post ;)

After yelling at my TV when he got together with Harvick my wife is now very grateful that I don't watch baseball, football, hockey, basketball or any other ball (except bowling):eek: I thought the 48 would push him out of the way but i give him credit for not doing it. How great was it when he fought the 11 for the lead lap until the caution came out. I said to my wife. If he could hold the leader off like that there's no reason why he can't run up front, he just has to get there. What an earned victory that was. Can you say 1st driver to have a Winston, Nextel & Sprint cup?? I know where I'll be every Sunday till this thing is over.

More importantly I hope Juliana is feeling better.

ActionRC
2011.11.02, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Marty. She's having an exhausting time walking around IS34. She had to go up and down 3 floors six times a day, and there are no elevators. By the end of the day yesterday she was spent. Thank God for the two girls who are helping her get in and out of school and carrying her 30 lb backpack for her.

I agree - Jimmie could have given Tony a little bump to get him out of the way without wrecking him - like Gordon did to Kenseth last year. Kudos to JJ - he gave Tony that win, despite how much Tony may have earned it as well. The outside line is NOT the place to be, and Tony and Jimmie raced really clean to make that finish possible.

Can't wait to race tonight - is anyone ordering Towne tonight? I'm in! :)

rajiex
2011.11.02, 12:25 PM
Jimmie could have given Tony a little bump to get him out of the way without wrecking him - like Gordon did to Kenseth last year.

Golddust & Greg battling it out.

Al, I hope Julianna is feeling better.

Cant wait to see if a new layout is down

ActionRC
2011.11.02, 05:00 PM
No new layout yet. Changing every two weeks. Don't think the first week counted.

KA2AEV
2011.11.02, 06:33 PM
Golddust & Greg battling it out.

Thats an Epic Battle right there! :D

KA2AEV
2011.11.02, 06:38 PM
I kind of figured that Smoke had something up his sleeve when
Harvick tried to lap him and he wouldn't give up
I think that was the turning point of the race when he woke up
and realized that he can win it
And then When we was running in 10th place and got that yellow
and beat awhole bunch of drivers out of the Pits to get to third
Thats some real Pit Strategy right there that paid off!
Everyone was trashin him for Going After Edwards like that
But he isn't saying anything that isn't possible
Like they said after the race if this was the Football or Baseball
Playoffs he would have the real momentum to take it all the way
Which he does!
The Stars Are Aligning for a Tony Stewart Championship;)

Fifty7
2011.11.02, 09:02 PM
I kind of figured that Smoke had something up his sleeve when
Harvick tried to lap him and he wouldn't give up
I think that was the turning point of the race when he woke up
and realized that he can win it
And then When we was running in 10th place and got that yellow
and beat awhole bunch of drivers out of the Pits to get to third
Thats some real Pit Strategy right there that paid off!
Everyone was trashin him for Going After Edwards like that
But he isn't saying anything that isn't possible
Like they said after the race if this was the Football or Baseball
Playoffs he would have the real momentum to take it all the way
Which he does!
The Stars Are Aligning for a Tony Stewart Championship;)

Absolutely, they worked on the car and never gave up. and it was Hamlin that almost lapped him.

Slapstick10
2011.11.03, 01:36 PM
Congrats Al on your 1000th post.

Harley bumping to the B after winning the C main and then crushing most of the B drivers.....things that make you go...WTF! Finishing in 2nd to Ralph Fortunata from Floyd...a well decorated 1/8 nitro driver!

Front and rear tires ordered and coming. Will be in Action by Friday.

The new layout will be down on 11/8. This Friday will be the last chance to break your own best lap! I was very happy with the first layout designed by Al. Hope the mad scientist can come up with another good one!

I'm kind of looking forward to practice tonight seeing as my own daughter who is 13 by the way beat my own best lap on my own track..:(. I think I have some work to do on my cars.

Rob B
2011.11.03, 03:42 PM
thats because she had a good mechanic setting up her car ...:D
good job harley ....

rajiex
2011.11.03, 03:53 PM
good job harley ....

Rob, r u a gun for hire. Took a look at Harley's car, definitely different. I am going to see if I eliminate the droop will I get better grip on steering.

Girl has got some skills and your wrenching helps a lot.

Rob B
2011.11.03, 03:58 PM
raj , i will take a look at ur car friday ... i would be happy to help ..

Kevin S.
2011.11.03, 03:58 PM
good job harley ....

Rob B. = Master Mechanic :p

Cherub1m
2011.11.03, 04:32 PM
Rob B. = Master Mechanic :p

Yeah, let me add:

Rob B. = Master Mechanic = Master Driver :D

Nice run last night guys and gals, great job Harley

Kevin S.
2011.11.03, 04:36 PM
Yeah, let me add:

Rob B. = Master Mechanic = Master Driver :D

Nice run last night guys and gals, great job Harley

Very true Philip...I should have stated that in my previous post :D

Slapstick10
2011.11.03, 04:44 PM
Very true Philip...I should have stated that in my previous post :D

Sorry have to throw my 2 cents in.....
Master hack!

KA2AEV
2011.11.03, 06:28 PM
Absolutely, they worked on the car and never gave up. and it was Hamlin that almost lapped him.

Hamlin, Harvick
They both lost so does it really matter?

Rob B
2011.11.03, 11:08 PM
thanks for the kind words guys ......
scott, you think u can look into finding out if results from race nights can be posted here on the forum ..?? does anyone know how to do this ??

rajiex
2011.11.04, 05:52 AM
scott, you think u can look into finding out if results from race nights can be posted here on the forum ..?? does anyone know how to do this ??

If anyone has a scanner, scan the race sheet and then they can attach it as a .pdf file to the post. I can do it but Fridays will be a week behind and Wed nite races I can put it up on the next day.

I would want video so I can watch over again as I hack Kevin C., Richie and Julius to death chasing Harley.

Fifty7
2011.11.04, 08:57 AM
Sorry have to throw my 2 cents in.....
Master hack!

I would want video so I can watch over again as I hack Kevin C., Richie and Julius to death chasing Harley.

So much for the small track making us better drivers. Sounds like it teaching us how to go through each other :eek::eek:

rajiex
2011.11.04, 09:42 AM
So much for the small track making us better drivers. Sounds like it teaching us how to go through each other :eek::eek:

We drive in Staten Island and I drive a lot in Jersey.
Do you stop for every pothole and bump. Most of us just go thru.

BTW, I dont have brakes on my car. The smaller track has made us better hit and run drivers.

"Rubbing is racing" from Days of Thunder.. I would rather have these guys rub my mini z than me.

Slapstick10
2011.11.04, 09:50 AM
lol.... I think for the most part some are adapting well. I was just looking to start something with rob....induce a fight!!! OH how I like to play bumper cars with him!!!! Well Tires are instock and ready for shelfing.:D

Fifty7
2011.11.04, 10:02 AM
We drive in Staten Island and I drive a lot in Jersey.
Do you stop for every pothole and bump. Most of us just go thru.

BTW, I dont have brakes on my car. The smaller track has made us better hit and run drivers.

"Rubbing is racing" from Days of Thunder.. I would rather have these guys rub my mini z than me.

No, I go AROUND them which would be why i always look like I'm driving drunk (always swerviing around something). I have almost no brakes too. I do use them but they are set very low to avoid spinning out

lol.... I think for the most part some are adapting well. I was just looking to start something with rob....induce a fight!!! OH how I like to play bumper cars with him!!!! Well Tires are instock and ready for shelfing.:D

I know you were. I really think we did well last week. There was a pretty good gap between the top and bottom of the B and we drove well together.

Anyway Me, Nat & Harley played "tag" last week too :D

Scott, If i can get there early enough not to interfere with anything I'll take a look at moving those outlets tonight.

ShortBus
2011.11.04, 10:30 AM
Marty, I can be there around 4:30 if that's early enough?

Jeff

Fifty7
2011.11.04, 10:45 AM
Marty, I can be there around 4:30 if that's early enough?

Jeff

I just spoke with Scott, gonna let him know after lunch but most likely it won't be that early. I don't get home until at least 4.

KA2AEV
2011.11.04, 10:49 AM
And he says that he doesn't care! :eek:

Slapstick10
2011.11.04, 10:50 AM

Rob this would be my fault because I'm holding out to see if we could afford fios. To copy the files to a flash drive is annoying and surely I will forget. This is why I have not gotten a phone yet. No worries coming soon! For now my number is well known in the rc community and easily obtainable. And for the new guys it is 347-406-4115 and very text friendly!:cool:

Fifty7
2011.11.04, 11:01 AM
And he says that he doesn't care! :eek:

How's that foot taste? I'm going early to work, not race. :D

J-Milz
2011.11.04, 11:25 AM
I seem to have missed a lot! A lot of trash talk.......I love it. See everyone tonight.

rajiex
2011.11.04, 11:59 AM
For now my number is well known ...........and easily obtainable. And for the new guys it is 347-406-4115 and very text friendly!:cool:

Hey I saw that on the bathroom wall!!!

KA2AEV
2011.11.04, 01:33 PM
How's that foot taste? I'm going early to work, not race. :D

Yeah, Work, right , Wink Wink...
Sure :rolleyes:

Rob B
2011.11.04, 01:58 PM

I seen it to raj...... IT SAID HACK FOR HIRE.....call 347-406-4115..:D

Slapstick10
2011.11.04, 03:42 PM

You guys don't know how to read....It said If you need a hack I know a guy named rob....:p

Fifty7
2011.11.04, 04:33 PM

In the words of Pucho.
I don't care who you are, that's some funny stuff right there:D

KA2AEV
2011.11.04, 05:06 PM

And exactly why are you hanging around in a bathroom?:eek:

ActionRC
2011.11.04, 05:12 PM
Wish I could race tonight, but the birthday party saga starts again this weekend with Juliana's birthday.

Harley was awesome Wednesday. I did not break the 7's all night. She did. If she and I were clear, she would pull up on me for the lap. I got by her at one point toward the end of the B, but then I got in a wreck in the last turn and she passed me for position, but she did out-drive me the whole race. She crashed less than I did - very clean. I was very impressed. I think Rob was wheeling from the pits! Great driving, Harley.

I hope to work on the layout on Sunday before or after soccer. I have a few good ideas in mind. Have fun tonight, everyone! If there is any chance at all to be there tonight, I will be.

Golddust
2011.11.04, 11:18 PM
I finally finished my mini-z mr-015 nascar. :D
What are we running for 3rd class guys. :eek:
I hope it is nascar or nascar road course with nascar bodies.

Rob B
2011.11.05, 12:22 AM
its going to be pan car ............ motor limit to be decided ... i wish it was nascar , but those bodies are not available anymore , so it wouldnt be fair to the new guys who dont have one ..

OffTheWall329
2011.11.05, 10:21 AM
So if you guys want to learn how to master "the art of hacking," just watch Kyle Busch! Wow!

Fifty7
2011.11.05, 11:43 AM
So if you guys want to learn how to master "the art of hacking," just watch Kyle Busch! Wow!

I like the guy and think he's got more talent than most but that was just not right. Wonder what NASCAR will do about it.

Al - you missed a good night. Lots of good racing and once again great narrow. Hope you've gotten a car setup to join in the fun. I got my narrow down to a 6.73. Dom did 6.83 and Not to be outdone Nat stepped it up in the main and put down a 6.54. I heard some talk of thinking about swapping out wide cars to 70t :eek:

OffTheWall329
2011.11.05, 11:59 AM
Nascar parked him for the weekend.

Slapstick10
2011.11.05, 12:33 PM
I agree the racing last night was real tight. One or two lap differences between A&B qualifiers. And the narrow...tight as always.

Our lap counting issues gave us a well needed brake last night...Flawless...out the door after narrow and home by 12:30...see it can be done.

The third class for after the first of the year.

Pan car, Motor has yet to be decided, open length, PN,Atomic or lexan bodies ok ...its your choice.

Im curious about the new layout...this past layout was so good.

I gave the copies of the mains from last night to jeff so we can get them posted.

I believe we are working on the wall this week. Hopefully the Atomic parts will be displayed this week.

New to inventory this week ...Fets. Action will now carry them instock for all your fet needs. Also fine 150 grit sandpaper....I know it sounds stupid but how many time I see someone asking around for sandpaper....well we have it in stock.

harleygirrl22
2011.11.05, 03:52 PM
WOW, maybe i was just driving good on wednesday? and none of youse should be talking about mechanics , everyone at action is always asking eachother for help.. so what makes it any different if i ask rob for help?

Fifty7
2011.11.05, 04:12 PM
WOW, maybe i was just driving good on wednesday? and none of youse should be talking about mechanics , everyone at action is always asking eachother for help.. so what makes it any different if i ask rob for help?

I didnt see anything bad written here but dont worry about what anybody else says. We all help each other and it doesn't matter who setup or helps fix the car, you still have to drive it :p

J-Milz
2011.11.05, 05:40 PM

The difference is your good now. :eek: You drove your az off last night and you improved tremendously. If Rob is a contributing factor........so what! You still have to wheel for 5-7 minutes and stay clean of traffic.

He has helped me in the past and I gained a lap or two. Hell, just last night he told me how to fix my diffs. After 3 years of racing. Im finally wrenched my diffs. How else do you learn? (u see I try to sit next to him in the pits) Learn from the Best!

bermbuster
2011.11.06, 01:14 AM
Harley....
dont take your set up for granted....
Rob is a Master....:cool:
Also you do have to drive the car as well....
You did an awesome job...:cool:
It is about teamwork....and you are on a Winning Team......:D

Slapstick10
2011.11.06, 09:09 AM
Harley - I remember the first day she started. I had agreed to open the track on Saturdays for al. That Saturday she ran numerous laps all day long. I think her first lap was in the 26's. Three Saturday's after this I unleashed her on Friday night. No one had ever saw her race or for that fact drive. The look on the c main drivers when she won her first main that night was... Shall I say priceless. Harley has something alot of us don't , which is natural talent. Alot of us learn how to but she has the ability to just do it. Dom and lil mike at maj's both have this same talent. As far as her car it was built at my kitchen table out of spare parts and she did put it together herself. Rob has always taken a liking to Harley I think because they have a similar driving style. But then again I have never heard rob turn anyone away when in need of help.

As is true for all action drivers... This is what we do we help each other and that my friends is what makes this track special.

Now if I can get at least one of my kids not to meltdown on the driver stand!! Lol

Golddust
2011.11.06, 04:18 PM
Good job Harley I heard
I wish I was racing already
I'll be back better than ever.
Watch out guys here I come.

harleygirrl22
2011.11.06, 04:25 PM
yes with out questioning rob is a master driver / mechanic and etc! and i love when rob takes the time from what hes doing to help fix my car because i have no idea what i am doing most the time and yes he probably is making me a better driver between him and my dad they have taught me so much about a set up , like the other night rob taught me how to add grip to my tires and now everytime before i race i do what he taught me! all i have left to say is THANKYOU and i am grateful to have one of the best drivers i know to help me!

Fifty7
2011.11.06, 04:59 PM
yes with out questioning rob is a master driver / mechanic and etc! and i love when rob takes the time from what hes doing to help fix my car because i have no idea what i am doing most the time and yes he probably is making me a better driver between him and my dad they have taught me so much about a set up , like the other night rob taught me how to add grip to my tires and now everytime before i race i do what he taught me! all i have left to say is THANKYOU and i am grateful to have one of the best drivers i know to help me!

That's a much better attitude. :D

rajiex
2011.11.06, 06:50 PM
Girl has got some skills and your wrenching helps a lot.

Harley, no one doubts your driving ability. You are very lucky in the fact Rob and your dad know how you drive and can set up your car for you. A great driver will only be as good as their car.

I still cant drive, and I tinker so much with my cars. I have no idea what one change did.

Take great pride in your achievements. People do have respect for you and your abilities. On a side note, we just go to work on your emotional meltdowns. Dont take after Rob and start throwing your cars into the walls.

Slapstick10
2011.11.06, 08:04 PM
We'll alot of work was done today behind the scenes of Action RC 2! First of all Al the Mad Scientist layed a new track! Danny built stairs for the outside for the street to the door and added 3ft to the left of the register and 5ft to the right of the register to accomodate the Atomic parts. Jamil has layed the ground work for our E-Bay store to be launched in the near future. I have opened a email and paypal account for the convience of credit cards and bank cards. I received the new software for the lap counter in the mail with new cards.

We will accept paypal for now on. You can link a paypal account to your cc or bank card and pay for parts ,racing and beverages through it. For easy access you can log on to paypal through my iphone...awesome! Or even deposits for up and coming merchandise.

The PayPal Address is ActionRC2@yahoo.com

This address is also a direct email address.:cool:

KA2AEV
2011.11.06, 08:20 PM
Boy the way people are calling Rob a Master This and a Master That
Im glad this isn't a fishing forum

KA2AEV
2011.11.06, 08:24 PM
I think Kyle needs a Spanking for sure, but to go to the extent that
NASCAR suspended him?
No This brings "Have At It Boys" to a new low
They first tell them its okay then draw a line and say he crossed over it?
If thats the fact why didn't Edwards get suspended for what happened
between him and Kaslowski earlier in the season? Or is it just the fact
that We're talking one of the Busch Bros and Edwards?
Either way they should never have suspended him, Fined him a
whole bunch Yep, but suspended him, No!

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/truck/story/_/id/7191803/kevin-harvick-texas-trucks-kyle-busch-wrecks-ron-hornaday-jr

Rob B
2011.11.06, 08:47 PM
Dont take after Rob and start throwing your cars into the walls.[/QUOTE]

i didnt throw it .... I was bowling it....lol:D...

Slapstick10
2011.11.06, 08:52 PM
I can vouch for that he bowled it...LOL

Rob B
2011.11.06, 08:54 PM

i dont know what that means ...SOUNDS FISHY TO ME ....:D

J-Milz
2011.11.06, 09:04 PM

Mike you gotta stop watching Bass Master TV. Is effecting your jokes!:D

CDR racing
2011.11.07, 12:27 AM
NASCAR suspended him?

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/truck/story/_/id/7191803/kevin-harvick-texas-trucks-kyle-busch-wrecks-ron-hornaday-jr

Can't say I agree with this one. Kyle's always been known to push the limits of "boys have at it" even before "boys have at it" existed. He's had this one coming to him for a while. I think Edwards and keselowski should have been punished for their scuffles over the past couple years too. There's a line between "boys have at it" self-policing and plain old stupidity. Kyle was in the second category on friday. The entire rest of the field is slowing down for caution and you chase a guy at full speed into a corner, ride his bumper at full throttle to speed him up and then dump him into the wall at 130-140 MPH. That's just flat out stupid. Especially the fact that it was under caution. A few years ago indycar saw what happens when someone doenst get the memo that the yellow is out and continues around the track at full speed. Boys have at it can't be a free for all, and kudos to NASCAR for stepping in on a very dangerous situation that was clearly over the line.

KA2AEV
2011.11.07, 08:15 AM
Can't say I agree with this one. Kyle's always been known to push the limits of "boys have at it" even before "boys have at it" existed. He's had this one coming to him for a while. I think Edwards and keselowski should have been punished for their scuffles over the past couple years too. There's a line between "boys have at it" self-policing and plain old stupidity. Kyle was in the second category on friday. The entire rest of the field is slowing down for caution and you chase a guy at full speed into a corner, ride his bumper at full throttle to speed him up and then dump him into the wall at 130-140 MPH. That's just flat out stupid. Especially the fact that it was under caution. A few years ago indycar saw what happens when someone doenst get the memo that the yellow is out and continues around the track at full speed. Boys have at it can't be a free for all, and kudos to NASCAR for stepping in on a very dangerous situation that was clearly over the line.

Okay then explain to me how Edwards Flipping Keselowski into the fences
wasn't a stupid move?
He also could have killed Keselowski as well as a few spectators too!
Oh wait that would have been great for ratings...
But he just gets off with just a fine.

Im not saying what he did was right, but when you have your Big Boss
telling your go ahead do whatever you want so we can increase TV Ratings
you're going to take it to the extreme.
It just turned out that it was him that did it.
Yes he has an immature attitude, but that what makes him go.
How many adults do you know that still act like 12 year olds?
We all have our times, and what, are they expected to be any different?
Big Boys with Big Toys making Big Money,
Thats basically what it comes down to.

Fifty7
2011.11.07, 08:26 AM
A great driver will only be as good as their car.

That's not true - Have you ever looked at Jonathans cars :eek:

I received the new software for the lap counter in the mail with new cards.

Updated Core or something new? Were you able to locate the small cards?

Wheres the new layout pic. Oh and could you try and not post it sideways? lol

NASCAR suspended him?

Crop is right, they absolutely did the right thing. I happen to be a fan of the guy, but wrecking someone (whether in the championship hunt or not) under caution is bad enough but they never even got down to caution speed. He basically sped up and chased him and put him in the wall at 140mph. If you watched Raceday you wouldn't be asking about why suspend him and nobody else. It was all they talked about to the point that i almost changed the channel. How many times have you seen Edwards do something like that and how many times has he been put on probation (Edwards). Now compare that to Kyle Busch. They've let him go for so long and nascar
felt like he is out of control and warnings just weren't cutting it. His punishment might not be over either. Penalties come on Tuesdays and he might get some more, if not from nascar then from Gibbs. Part of the talk was that the sponsors feelings about this will dictate what action Gibbs takes, if any and Mars Candy was not happy about this.

Mike, I saw your response to Crop after I posted this my response so I'm adding this. Yes, you are right they reacted different because it was Kyle Busch but it was because of his past actions. He has matured a lot this year but obviously still has a ways to go but everyone does snap at some point. As far as the polls they did on TV whether he should be fired, fined or whatever - I don't pay attention to that because it is Kyle and people just vote because they hate him and don't recognize the talent that he has.

KA2AEV
2011.11.07, 12:34 PM
but wrecking someone (whether in the championship hunt or not) under caution is bad enough but they never even got down to caution speed. He basically sped up and chased him and put him in the wall at 140mph. If you watched Raceday you wouldn't be asking about why suspend him and nobody else.

How many times have you seen Edwards do something like that and how many times has he been put on probation (Edwards). Now compare that to Kyle Busch. They've let him go for so long and nascar
felt like he is out of control and warnings just weren't cutting it. His punishment might not be over either. Penalties come on Tuesdays and he might get some more, if not from nascar then from Gibbs. Part of the talk was that the sponsors feelings about this will dictate what action Gibbs takes, if any and Mars Candy was not happy about this.

Well unless they NASCAR Changed the rules, you were able to race under speed to the finish line unless the wreck was directly in front of you
I really didn't see the setup for the yellow, so I don't what the sendup was for the yellow, if the reason for the caution was in front or behind of them
If it was in front of them, they should have been slowing it down

I missed Raceday because I was out at work all weekend and only picked up dribs and drabs here and there mostly from what Golddust told me he heard
Even missed the NWS on Saturday
But caught Sunday. WOW!!!

Compairing Edwards to Busch, they both have attitudes, but the whole
thing is that if you handle one guy one way, you should handle them all that
way.
The Boss can't say have at it , but only to this point, He said, and if I remember his quote correctly let them have fun and take out their agression
Maybe not in those words directly, but thats the jist of what I remember him
saying. So like I said, They put Edwards on Probation, and a slight fine if
I remember correctly, so why not the same for Busch?
Same attitudes, same basic setup for disaster, two wrecked cars...
Is it because its Gibbs Racing?
What about the Gordon's fight right after the wreck before they got
in the ambulance?
What sanctions did they receive?
Same attitude, same basic setup for disaster, two wrecked cars!
Probation? No. Fine? Nope.
Come on, Give him the same probation that Edwards received and a fine
and let him and the other drivers know they can't go that far
Like I said, you can't put the Bull in a China Shop and not expect a few broken dishes!

J-Milz
2011.11.07, 12:37 PM
Marty, yes Jonathan's cars aren't usually as put together as Rob's. But the basics are there. He tweaked my cars in the past and I too gained a lap or so. So I can vouch that Jonathan can wrench!

ActionRC
2011.11.07, 12:39 PM
I CANNOT WAIT TO RACE ON WEDNESDAY! I am glad everyone had fun Friday.

Mike - I heard Rob was on the debate team in high school, and that he was a master there too.

The latest Kyle Bush rumor is that M&M Marrs may pull the sponsorship, which may not even last through this year, if Coach Joe doesn't get rid of him. I think Edwards should have been punished more severely, and Kyle had this coming - as much as I too am a fan of his. I love his passion, but he misdirects it sometimes. It was dumb for him to jeopardize his Cup ride for a truck gig - and take a out a title contender in the process. I think that's another reason why NASCAR was so mad - it crossed a line, no doubt, and it effected the championship. If people don't care about the title hunt, they won't watch or buy tickets. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Must have been torture for him to watch someone else drive his car.

On a brighter note, I did watch the race so feel free to speak, and GO TONY!!! YEEAHHH!!! Tony is rockin' it - it's just too bad that carl finished 2nd. 3 points and closing with two to go! 4 for 8!

Anyone think they can replicate Ryan Newman's basketball car in 1/28th scale?

Golddust is coming! I feel like Ron Hornaday! :D

rajiex
2011.11.07, 01:03 PM
Marty, yes Jonathan's cars aren't usually as put together as Rob's. But the basics are there. He tweaked my cars in the past and I too gained a lap or so. So I can vouch that Jonathan can wrench!

Looking at Johnathan's car, I always wonder is all the bling necessary. He wrenches his car to his style of precise driving. He does run one of the tightest lines in Action. Nat's car are super fast and set to his driving and loose.

I drove one of Eugene's car once and it was twitchy for me. Everyone loves the way Paul's Mosler runs but for me its too slow in chicanes and the way he gets turn in by powering thru a turn is not my style.

I just have to identify my style of driving and set up my cars. While hacking is my style, I hope to get better. Thats why I love the Mosler, I can push other racers.:p

Slapstick10
2011.11.07, 01:26 PM
Very interesting the conversation about Johnathon vs Rob's cars. I know both of them pretty we and have seen both there cars. The difference is simple...Money...yes money. Johnathon is a college student with limited funds and Rob has a good job with money set aside for his hobby needs. Where Johnathon will alter a part or compansate for a tweak , Rob will just replace the part. By the way I have not mentioned it but both of these guys are Action RC 2 sponsored drivers. My hopes will be that we will be a force to be reckeoned with in future events. This has nothing to do with DKR its a action thing. I think Rob loves the bling of the sponsorship but Johnathon will get better and faster because of it. I was at Cruizin saturday and bondo said it best "Rob could beat you with a 70t and 3 wheels....I laughed but he's right. Rob can just drive point blank. I will always be in his rear view mirror but it fun to try and beat him. And when he bowls his car into the door at action all i can do is chuckle to myself because even though he is a great driver he still gets frustrated like we all do. When we have an issue we go to rob but who does he goto when he has a problem...sounds lonely at the top!:D

Fifty7
2011.11.07, 01:33 PM
Well unless they NASCAR Changed the rules, you were able to race under speed to the finish line unless the wreck was directly in front of you

There is no more race to the finish. If yellow is out you slow down. And it wasn't the end of the race anyway. I do see your point about being consistent in punishment but i think they're (NASCAR) just gonna hang their hat on the fact that it happens so much with Kyle.

Noooo, please!! I'm not saying he can't wrench. I know he can and he understands what he's doing. I'm just saying, his cars are nothing special and put together with whatever he has but he can drive them regardless. I'm really just saying he dont need a great car to drive well. One night at Ellis st. he borrowed Tom's spare parts car (which was crap) and won the A main.

The latest Kyle Bush rumor is that M&M Marrs may pull the sponsorship, which may not even last through this year, if Coach Joe doesn't get rid of him. I think Edwards should have been punished more severely, and Kyle had this coming - as much as I too am a fan of his. I love his passion, but he misdirects it sometimes. It was dumb for him to jeopardize his Cup ride for a truck gig - and take a out a title contender in the process. I think that's another reason why NASCAR was so mad - it crossed a line, no doubt, and it effected the championship. If people don't care about the title hunt, they won't watch or buy tickets. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Must have been torture for him to watch someone else drive his car.

On a brighter note, I did watch the race so feel free to speak, and GO TONY!!! YEEAHHH!!! Tony is rockin' it - it's just too bad that carl finished 2nd. 3 points and closing with two to go! 4 for 8!

Anyone think they can replicate Ryan Newman's basketball car in 1/28th scale?

:D

Yup, just think about that 25th place finish at Dover. How many points were lost? He's be running away with it right now.

That was the other thing i was going to say. Say someone took out Tony yesterday on purpose. Now nobody's left to challenge Carl and the next 2 races mean nothing. NASCAR would not be happy.

What was the basketball car? Was it the 39? or before that? look here and see if he has the sticker set for it. http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

J-Milz
2011.11.07, 01:55 PM
I agree with you Scott but I didn't want to bring up someone elses finances.

So that's a great debate! Is it the car? The driver? Is it a combo? What ratio, of good car or great driver? Personally I think for the top guys, no matter what they drive they are going to be great. But for the once a week guys like myself if my cars aren't that great it shows.
I remember when I use to send my cars to Texas for the Reflex $etup by Christian Tabush. Those cars were great for a week or two, I even made the A. ONCE! (I think it was during a snow storm :D) but I didn't know how to maintain it at that level and when it became time to rebuild the diff I was stuck!

I also remember when we started the team series. Jonathan drove my cars, and changed a few thing to my diff and radio I was pretty good again. Gaining better control of the car and even a lap or two from the previous qual. So for me I think it's 60% car and %40 driver.

So I'd like to see if a (A main regular) can take on Goldust car, and see if he improves! That would be a great challenge!

Fifty7
2011.11.07, 02:28 PM
Personally I think for the top guys, no matter what they drive they are going to be great. But for the once a week guys like myself if my cars aren't that great it shows.

No argument there.

So I'd like to see if a (A main regular) can take on Goldust car, and see if he improves! That would be a great challenge!

This would definitely be interesting but the problem i have with this, for me anyway is driving style. They would have to work with him rather than just setup the car the way they like. I'm having this problem with my son right now. He don't know how to tell me what he wants the car to do to make it better so i rely on what i see but again I'm adjusting for what I would drive like and not him. I have no problem accepting the help from one of the top guys and i respect the fact that they know a heck of a lot more than i do on setup but to have them setup a car for me wouldn't work because their driving style is so different. The only persons car that I was able to drive (and liked for my style) was Eugene's.

J-Milz
2011.11.07, 02:53 PM
Ok Marty we can fix that too. Since the layout has a two week span we can use the first week to set up his car. (I dont think the kid even has a ball diff)The next week we can have someone "coach" him. Basically do a Potter / Dominic experiment II. :D

Fifty7
2011.11.07, 03:15 PM
Ok Marty we can fix that too. Since the layout has a two week span we can use the first week to set up his car. (I dont think the kid even has a ball diff)The next week we can have someone "coach" him. Basically do a Potter / Dominic experiment II. :D

I'm willing to try. You know how the kids are. Maybe if it's someone other than their father telling them the cars not turning because you have to let go of the throttle, they'll listed. I myself am tired of hearing "I did", I know" and "I am".

EMU
2011.11.07, 05:29 PM
This debate is why a while back I pushed to have an endurance race where each team has a car, not everyone using their own that they are used to. They would get tuning ideas from the tech guru on the team, and also feel how different setup approaches have to be driven on the track. In general the setup would have to be a compremise between all drivers on the team. If everyone drives their own cars, their just driving long runs, but not learning nearly as much as they would if there was one car for 3 drivers...

Once your driving plateaus, I think its 80% car, 60% driver, 100% batteries and 40% radio... realistically, driving is a major part, but if the equipment is not right, then they will go nowhere. Look at Formula1. There are GREAT drivers on the Mercedes GP team, but their equipment is not up to par with Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull, they routinely finish in the 6-8 positions. Its not necessarily true that Vettel is the best driver on the grid, but the best at driving the great equipment that is tailored to his driving style. He won in Toro Roso, so that showed that he had an edge over many of the drivers, but that was a lucky race. Given the exact same equipment as Alonso, Rosberg, Buttons, even Hamilton, we dont know for sure if he would win, since the equipment may better suit someone elses driving style better. In general, I think it is more important to have Adrian Newey on your team than the best driver on the grid. Equipment is very important, almost more important than driving. When I beat Rob, it is because my equipment was better at that race, which allows me to drive it more consistently and faster. If my equipment is even, I dont think I could win unless he makes a big mistake.

CDR racing
2011.11.07, 06:15 PM
I really didn't see the setup for the yellow, so I don't what the sendup was for the yellow, if the reason for the caution was in front or behind of them
If it was in front of them, they should have been slowing it down

I missed Raceday because I was out at work all weekend and only picked up dribs and drabs here and there mostly from what Golddust told me he heard
Even missed the NWS on Saturday
But caught Sunday. WOW!!!

Compairing Edwards to Busch, they both have attitudes, but the whole
thing is that if you handle one guy one way, you should handle them all that
way.
The Boss can't say have at it , but only to this point, He said, and if I remember his quote correctly let them have fun and take out their agression
Maybe not in those words directly, but thats the jist of what I remember him
saying. So like I said, They put Edwards on Probation, and a slight fine if
I remember correctly, so why not the same for Busch?
Same attitudes, same basic setup for disaster, two wrecked cars...
Is it because its Gibbs Racing?
What about the Gordon's fight right after the wreck before they got
in the ambulance?
What sanctions did they receive?
Same attitude, same basic setup for disaster, two wrecked cars!
Probation? No. Fine? Nope.
Come on, Give him the same probation that Edwards received and a fine
and let him and the other drivers know they can't go that far
Like I said, you can't put the Bull in a China Shop and not expect a few broken dishes!

Nascar actually did change that rule a long time ago. And even if that still was the rule that doesn't mean anything because he wasn't trying to RACE back to the line he was trying to wreck another car. If anything that would just make what he did more dangerous because he would have done while cars were driving around at a higher speed. Regardless, using the argument that he was racing back to the line is not excuse, its justifying extremely dangerous behavior. And like I said, I believed that what went on with Edwards and Keselowski was extremely dangerous as well and I thought that should have been handled the same way Busch was. Just because NASCAR dropped the ball on it last time doesnt mean they should look the other way when something dangerous happens. And yes NASCAR absolutely can say have at it but only to a point. Like I said when you're dealing with cars moving at high speeds there has to be a line drawn somewhere. In boxing you're allowed to punch people, but not in the crotch. In Football you're allowed to hit people, but not after the play, in the back, or when they are defenseless. Isn't that the same thing? When people's safety is at stake a line absolutely has to be drawn.

Slapstick10
2011.11.08, 11:41 AM
I'm not really a nascar fan but no matter how many rules and fines, emotion and competition are still what drives most individuals. So many times people get caught up in the moment. The thought is ....If I can just! And this is what goes on in peoples head when they get themselves in a jam. And lets not forget frustration...Bush , how many wrecks in the last few weeks. As a less then part time spectator I like Kyle for the aggressive driving. So many times Austin and I will say did you see that. But as we all know there is a price to pay for aggressivness...and someone always pays.

I like the Jamil challange...maybe I can convince rob to try it. It will be interesting to say the least.

J-Milz
2011.11.08, 01:54 PM
I'm not really a nascar fan but no matter how many rules and fines, emotion and competition are still what drives most individuals. So many times people get caught up in the moment. The thought is ....If I can just! And this is what goes on in peoples head when they get themselves in a jam. And lets not forget frustration...Bush , how many wrecks in the last few weeks. As a less then part time spectator I like Kyle for the aggressive driving. So many times Austin and I will say did you see that. But as we all know there is a price to pay for aggressivness...and someone always pays.

You sound like one to me!

I like the Jamil challange...maybe I can convince rob to try it. It will be interesting to say the least.

If that works for Goldust! I'm next!:D

rajiex
2011.11.08, 06:51 PM
If that works for Goldust! I'm next!:D

The true test is if someone could coach me. Golddust's cars are not the problem. Me and a lot of the C drivers when we start falling off the pace, we keep pushing harder and thats what causes us to crash and fall behind further. I have seen Golddust improve vastly since I started, I think he almost ran a complete racing without wiping himself out of the race.

I have always been a basher, trucks, truggies and even road cars..I only learned about racing lines and set ups by reading the forums. And I still dont know what everything does in relation to the handling abilities.

I love when guys help me with my setups but what I would really love is a encylopedia on what each change does. As Al can verify, I am always about the bling and not if its necessary.

KA2AEV
2011.11.08, 09:58 PM
Well keeping on the topic of Setups :cool:

Rob

I'm not sure how to tell you this, But :eek:

You've been replaced by Harley with Mr. Goodwrench Jonathan :D

Rob B
2011.11.08, 11:28 PM
Mike, I can NEVER be replaced ...if u scroll back a few post u will read , me and jonathon are teammates , im glad he was there to step up and help harley . And if johathan wasent there , maybe it would of been nat, or danny to help her out . Any input she recieves from top drivers will make her better understand how the car works .And she translates that info into kicking your butt on the track ....:D

Scrapper
2011.11.08, 11:30 PM
Oh snap robbies back

Rob B
2011.11.08, 11:37 PM
<<<<<<<<boss

KA2AEV
2011.11.09, 06:31 AM
Mike, I can NEVER be replaced ...if u scroll back a few post u will read , me and jonathon are teammates , im glad he was there to step up and help harley . And if johathan wasent there , maybe it would of been nat, or danny to help her out . Any input she recieves from top drivers will make her better understand how the car works .And she translates that info into kicking your butt on the track ....:D

Im not so sure of that
I overheard her on the Phone talking to someone about getting
corrective eye surgery and she doesn't even wear glasses
Then I saw her setting up some type of 2.4 transmitter and she sure
was giggling alot
Golddust even drove by the track the other day and told me he thought
he saw her sleeping in a car outside the track!

rajiex
2011.11.09, 08:18 AM

Really!!!!Driving by himself:eek:...That is the scariest post so far..

rajiex
2011.11.09, 09:45 AM
Scott,

I was bored at work today. I setup a Youtube Channel called ActionRC2. I will video Wed races and upload them. I can give you the account name/password to upload Friday races. This way I can prove the Hacker also gets hacked.

Slapstick10
2011.11.09, 11:14 AM
We'll its Wednesday and its race night once again. The ebay project is operational and we have about 20 items listed. Jamil is hard at work, I know this caused I got flooded with emails about postings during the night. We have so much to list its going to take some time. If you see something on ebay that is listed by Actionrc2-z contact me you will get a better price.

I'm so done with the Harley saga. Don't care who helps as long as she learns thats the important thing.

OK so I have an Idea...and here it is. We are going to add a new class to the Friday nite races. It will be known as the Mini Me Class. THis class will consist of children under the age of 7 and be marshaled by a parent. There will be 2 - 2 minute qualifiers and a 3 minute main in between the wide breaks so it wont interfere with other classes. Open body open chassis but an 80turn or stock motor. This is a free program for particapating racers and there children. I think its about time that Action invest into the future of our racers
At the end of the main each particapant will receive a lollypop! Cause they earned it!

Anyway...I would also like to take a minute to say ty to everyone for everything they are doing to make ActionRC2 a fun and exciting place. I think we are on the right path with the right people.

Hope to see everyone tonight! Time to get your race on!

Slapstick10
2011.11.09, 11:29 AM

In the words of Payne Racing- That's whats Up!!!!!!!

Im not so sure of that
I overheard her on the Phone talking to someone about getting
corrective eye surgery and she doesn't even wear glasses
Then I saw her setting up some type of 2.4 transmitter and she sure
was giggling alot

LOL....harley sleeping in a car....not likely considering who ever she marries better have lots of cash cause she is extremely high maintence. I was thinking of opening a support group for racers with emotional issues because harley beat them...That the least I can do!!!:p:D:p:D

J-Milz
2011.11.09, 02:01 PM
Action RC eBay store is up and running. Most of the items are from classes of the past like AWD and F1. This will generate more money for the track to purchase more of the items that are frequently used and perhaps more ready sets for new racers. There's even talks of a fully set up Action Edition MR03 with the works, in the future:D.

harleygirrl22
2011.11.09, 02:07 PM
aha get owned mike , thankyou rob , and just to throw out there rob is also very good at doddle jump , lol :D

harleygirrl22
2011.11.09, 02:09 PM
and thank you DAD , mike sam just got owned um by *cough cough* DKR :P and me sleeping in a car imagine.

ActionRC
2011.11.09, 03:13 PM
Thank God it's race night!

Also, thank you to Crop for using the word "crotch" for the first time on the forum. (At least I hope it was the first time.)

Tonight, in addition to demonstrating my expert racing skills, I also intend to learn how to use the EX5 and set up my narrow car. Should be a busy (but fun) night! I can't wait!

I drove Rob's vintage car incredibly well at the beach - beat everyone without practice in the one and only qualifier I ran after Justin's soccer game one day. I know he runs stiff T-Plates - I should try that. I need to beat Harley - and Jim and Paul have upped their game as well. The car I drive without issue is Paul's. I should copy his.

See y'all later!

Fifty7
2011.11.09, 03:21 PM
There's even talks of a fully set up Action Edition MR03 with the works, in the future:D.

Hmmmm.. There's a good idea? Setup by who???

aha get owned mike , thankyou rob , and just to throw out there rob is also very good at doddle jump , lol :D

and thank you DAD , mike sam just got owned um by *cough cough* DKR :P and me sleeping in a car imagine.

You can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the laughs :D

Thank God it's race night!

Tonight, in addition to demonstrating my expert racing skills, I also intend to learn how to use the EX5 and set up my narrow car. Should be a busy (but fun) night! I can't wait!

See y'all later!

Interesting.. No more lovely KT18, more time to work on your cars and not worry about running the show....You could become a problem :p

Slapstick10
2011.11.09, 04:10 PM

You just never know who sandbags on this forum do you:rolleyes:

Hmmmm.. There's a good idea? Setup by who???

You can't make this stuff up. Thanks for the laughs :D

Interesting.. No more lovely KT18, more time to work on your cars and not worry about running the show....You could become a problem :p

Ive been breaking his chops for weeks about the remote...I think Harley smoking him in the B main had serious side effects!!!:D Watch out here comes Al!!!!!

J-Milz
2011.11.09, 11:40 PM
Hmmmm.. There's a good idea? Setup by ?

I think Action RC 2 got hired guns in their stable. Either one of those guys are more than capable of putting together a ARC2 Edition racer.

rajiex
2011.11.10, 06:50 AM
For those interested in seeing hacking at its best. Check out ActionRC2 youtube channel.

Slapstick10
2011.11.10, 11:09 AM
Hired Guns...lmao thats funny! I would like to think of them as an extension of the new Action RC 2. I race multiple scales with rob during the course of the year and he is one of the most cleanest drivers I have ever seen. And Johnathon is very well mannered and maintained. These are the qualities I would like to be associated with the new Action. Action should be known as a fun place as well as competitive. OK we got the fun thing...but competitive we are lacking. Sponsored drivers are the best of the best...and I know that rob and johnathon are in this category. Winternational,East Coast
Districts and the PN Regionals, I can't remember when we represented in the A Main. This will change!!!

On a different note Action will be closed tonight. Thursday has been very slow and I have some personel business to tend to this evening. I'm sorry for any inconvienence this may cause.

ActionRC
2011.11.10, 02:58 PM
I couldn't get to the track until 8pm last night unfortunately, which cut down my bench time, but I did get the bulk of the narrow car done. I also switched the McLaren to an FXX, and I have the steering I needed now, but maybe too much. The body also sits crooked, so I have to remove the side mounts and reglue them, which I am not sure if this will even fix the problem. It's not like the body is sitting unevely up and down, so I am not quite sure what to do. I'll have to play with it. Great run by Jim and Harley in the B. Jim is running really well.

As far as competitive drivers, I'd say Nat is up there with Rob and Jonathan. They're definitely the three best regulars, and would make quite a dominating team to be reckoned with at any national or regional event.

Had a great time last night. See everyone tomorrow!

PS - Any interested in a Homestead Party??? Will try to plan something after this weekend when we see what happens in Phoenix. Also, Turkey Derby at Wall Stadium Speedway on 11/26!

Fifty7
2011.11.10, 03:32 PM
PS - Any interested in a Homestead Party??? Will try to plan something after this weekend when we see what happens in Phoenix. Also, Turkey Derby at Wall Stadium Speedway on 11/26!

Fingers are crossed that after this week the points are in our favor and Tony's in a "just finish the race" situation at Homestead. My wife bought me the new Mobil 1 jacket for my birthday. I just told her i'm going to return it for an even newer one because it says 2 time champion on it :D

KA2AEV
2011.11.10, 05:52 PM

Ah
Newsflash Harley
Obviosuly you don't watch TV so you have no idea what I was goofing on
So you actually got "Owned" as you say!:D

KA2AEV
2011.11.10, 05:54 PM
Fingers are crossed that after this week the points are in our favor and Tony's in a "just finish the race" situation at Homestead. My wife bought me the new Mobil 1 jacket for my birthday. I just told her i'm going to return it for an even newer one because it says 2 time champion on it :D

Keep me infomed about the Homestead Party!