PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47

KA2AEV
2011.11.10, 05:55 PM
Okay dumb question
I went to EBAY Stores and cannot find Actionrc2-z
What am I doing wrong?

J-Milz
2011.11.10, 06:09 PM
It's not an eBay store YET. The seller name is Actionrc2-z here is a link to a product being sold. You can later make us a favorite seller. We are looking into the fees of an EBay store. Right now I think Scott wants to clear some unwanted stuff out.

Item# 120808956811

KA2AEV
2011.11.10, 06:36 PM
It's not an eBay store YET. The seller name is Actionrc2-z here is a link to a product being sold. You can later make us a favorite seller. We are looking into the fees of an EBay store. Right now I think Scott wants to clear some unwanted stuff out.

Item# 120808956811

Ah Okay Thanks Jamil!

ActionRC
2011.11.11, 11:10 AM
It's 11/11/11, 11:11! We'll celebrate again tonight during the A Main! :)

(Ignore forum time - it's wrong - even the minute is 1 off!)

ActionRC
2011.11.11, 11:22 AM
Mike - I explained the Jimmie Johnson commercial to Harley when he is sitting in the parking lot waiting for the race to start - if that is what you were refering to. She would have no idea about that. Stop picking on young girls! :eek:

Marty - that is funny. I always try to buy items that have no date references for the same reason. You might have to pick up a "3" patch at AC Moore! :)

I hope to get to the track ASAP tonight to either fix the FXX or swap it back to the Mclaren. I also want to get the radio programmed for both cars. I hope Paul is coming - he is Master of the EX5.

Fifty7
2011.11.11, 11:50 AM
Marty - that is funny. I always try to buy items that have no date references for the same reason. You might have to pick up a "3" patch at AC Moore! :)

I hope to get to the track ASAP tonight to either fix the FXX or swap it back to the Mclaren. I also want to get the radio programmed for both cars. I hope Paul is coming - he is Master of the EX5.

Oh, it wasnt meant to be funny. The jacket is still in the box and when he wins it's going back in exchange for an updated one.

Do you want me to bring an FXX body for you to try? I have a few.

ActionRC
2011.11.11, 01:20 PM
It would be helpful if you could bring one. It's the FXX Competicion. Not sure it the clip is different. My left rear tire is sticking out, and I am sure it is looping the car around. I also have the birthday party black FXX. I should have tried that the other night - just in case it's my chassis and not the body, but I don't think it's the chassis. Nothing is easy. :(

Slapstick10
2011.11.13, 10:23 AM
We'll it was an interesting night as we had a few racers out with the flu but never the less it was a good turnout. I see alot of B main guys on the cusp of breaking in to the A Main. Paul and Jim continue to step up there game. It was also nice to see Al make the plunge with the new remote. here are the results from the friday night mains! I know it is hard to see but give me a little time I'll work it out.

KA2AEV
2011.11.13, 10:39 AM
We'll it was an interesting night as we had a few racers out with the flu but never the less it was a good turnout. I see alot of B main guys on the cusp of breaking in to the A Main. Paul and Jim continue to step up there game. It was also nice to see Al make the plunge with the new remote. here are the results from the friday night mains! I know it is hard to see but give me a little time I'll work it out.

Scott thats really unreadable, But thanks for trying
Maybe if you increase the resolution?
Im not sure how to post pix either, so just guessing
Was a really good night at the track, Im hoping that my situation
is resolved really soon! Otherwise Im not sure how Im gonna race!

Is anyone familiar on how to start another channel in the EX-5UR?
Im reading the manual and its not really too clear

Mario's_racing
2011.11.13, 11:09 AM
Scott, I have two suggestions for you. PDF printer (http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp)and a usb drive.

Fifty7
2011.11.13, 01:59 PM
Another great night of racing. After that narrow race I'm seriously considering slowing my wide car down drastically. My favorite quote of the night by Scott calling the narrow race "marty takes the fast lap down to a 6.67. I'd rip that motor right out and put it in my wide car!":D

GTR driver
2011.11.13, 07:08 PM
Fun night of racing Friday! During the narrow A main my car decided to hump johnathans car in the middle of the race. :eek:

ShortBus
2011.11.14, 12:28 AM
Yeah, Nat was looking more like "Bo Duke" :)

Marty, I just don't get it. My narrow car is made up of a bunch of spare parts and has a totally stock front end. The car is never touched, no tuning what so ever yet it runs great everytime it hits the track and is VERY consistant. The wide on the other hand is a PITA and needs constant attention and it's performace varies all the time - WHY???

Fifty7
2011.11.14, 08:29 AM
Yeah, Nat was looking more like "Bo Duke" :)

Marty, I just don't get it. My narrow car is made up of a bunch of spare parts and has a totally stock front end. The car is never touched, no tuning what so ever yet it runs great everytime it hits the track and is VERY consistant. The wide on the other hand is a PITA and needs constant attention and it's performace varies all the time - WHY???

In my opinion. The more motor you have the better your setup will have to be. Your not going to lose the rear end on the narrow by mashing the throttle but the wide will be spinning tires.

On a different note, looks like the 14 & 99 are serious about this championship now. They just can't get away from each other on the track. Everyone else is officially eliminated and when Tony wins next week it wont matter where Carl finishes.:D

SaiTam
2011.11.14, 08:36 AM
It could be a bent chassis or bad diff.

ActionRC
2011.11.14, 02:48 PM
The narrow cars were running so good on Friday! Congrats to me - I am officially running a 2.4 Wide and Narrow with an EX5 radio! With all of the changes I made to the Wide, it took along time to get it right, but by the 3rd qualifier, after rebuilding my diff, the car felt much better. My front tires were a bit more broken in and it felt pretty good by the end of the night. In narrow, I switched everything over from the MR015 to the MR02, and the car felt pretty good. I'm going to play around with it a bit, but overall, it was not bad. I'd like to get it running as well as Jeff's, Marty's and so many others, but I was much improved with the MR02 with a very basic setup this weekend. Interesting thing about the "slower" cars - I think I can do more laps with Justin's MR02 with a Speedy 05 than I can do with my MR03 with a 50T. Tire spin is a huge factor. Can't wait to do it again this week!

Mike - Paul showed me a lot of stuff on the EX5 Friday. I can show you how to build in a new model. I'll be doing it again on Wednesday when I put my F1 on the EX5!

WHAT A RACE YESTERDAY! How is that every other car can race so many other cars, and yet the 14 and 99 are up front week in and week out lately - qualifying together, racing together, and finishing together! While it would have been great to see Tony leave Phoenix with a points lead, the fact that he didn't lose any points is a good thing so it can still be settled next week. I can't wait!

Interesting "watching the race" fact: I watched the whole race live, and didn't know what Dale Jr's car looked like until there were only 15 laps to go! Diet Mtn Dew did NOT get their money's worth yesterday. Sheesh!

Hope Dominick and everyone else who might be sick is felling better - especially by Friday. See y'all Wednesday! :)

Fifty7
2011.11.14, 05:49 PM
The narrow cars were running so good on Friday! Congrats to me - I am officially running a 2.4 Wide and Narrow with an EX5 radio! With all of the changes I made to the Wide, it took along time to get it right, but by the 3rd qualifier, after rebuilding my diff, the car felt much better. My front tires were a bit more broken in and it felt pretty good by the end of the night. In narrow, I switched everything over from the MR015 to the MR02, and the car felt pretty good. I'm going to play around with it a bit, but overall, it was not bad. I'd like to get it running as well as Jeff's, Marty's and so many others, but I was much improved with the MR02 with a very basic setup this weekend. Interesting thing about the "slower" cars - I think I can do more laps with Justin's MR02 with a Speedy 05 than I can do with my MR03 with a 50T. Tire spin is a huge factor. Can't wait to do it again this week!

Mike - Paul showed me a lot of stuff on the EX5 Friday. I can show you how to build in a new model. I'll be doing it again on Wednesday when I put my F1 on the EX5!

WHAT A RACE YESTERDAY! How is that every other car can race so many other cars, and yet the 14 and 99 are up front week in and week out lately - qualifying together, racing together, and finishing together! While it would have been great to see Tony leave Phoenix with a points lead, the fact that he didn't lose any points is a good thing so it can still be settled next week. I can't wait!

Interesting "watching the race" fact: I watched the whole race live, and didn't know what Dale Jr's car looked like until there were only 15 laps to go! Diet Mtn Dew did NOT get their money's worth yesterday. Sheesh!

Hope Dominick and everyone else who might be sick is felling better - especially by Friday. See y'all Wednesday! :)

Your wide car looked a lot better by the end of the night. The narrow may need a little work :p

As far as NASCAR. I agree its crazy how they've been inseperable the last few weeks. Some people say the fix is in and drivers are staying out of their way. I don't think that but it's what I've read on the forums. There is also a lot of talk about Ford vs Chevy and Jeff Burton laying down for Tony to p/u the extra position on the last lap. I really hope Tony comes out on top but regardless the winner will really have earned it this year. I know people want to see wins but Edwards has been so consistent he deserves to be there. As far as Jr. They need a reason to show him on tv other than his last name and he's just not providing it. :D
Oh and Brian Vickers needs to be punished like Kyle Busch. Getting a little tired of watching him wreck someone every week.

Slapstick10
2011.11.14, 08:57 PM
Well its Monday and my brain is buzzing from all the thoughts. Its been a busy day for Action. Mini Z Racer is donating a banner to the enhance our track decor as well as Kyosho. We now have a Ko Propo account and is ready to be used. I sent an Atomic order but am waiting for a call from Sai to tweak it... I .....borrowed my wifes digital camera for videos of the mains. But dont mention it its a soar subject...lol. PN and Kyosho orders in transit.

Now if you don't mind I need to sell some bread!:D

KA2AEV
2011.11.14, 10:26 PM
Oh and Brian Vickers needs to be punished like Kyle Busch. Getting a little tired of watching him wreck someone every week.

Thank You!
I was wondering if anyone else picked up on what he did
SO where is NASCAR now with their punishments, suspensions
and fines?
Im telling you, It has to be selective punishments being enforced
How much do you want to bet that Vickers gets off with just a slap
on the wrist?
Oh and By The Way
Raceday even made a comment about it
I think their quote was "Wheres the fine for that move?"

CDR racing
2011.11.14, 11:08 PM
Now you're comparing this to busch? Really? I mean yeah he clearly took him out but it is a totally different situation. Bumping someone while racing them and wrecking them is completely different than running someone down under caution and plowing through them. This is what NASCAR meant by boys have at it. Busch's wasn't. I do think though that in response to what Marty said, NASCAR should have parked him for the rest of the race last week or the week before when he caused about 5 cautions. But that's just because he's ruining the competition. Totally different from boys have at it.

KA2AEV
2011.11.15, 06:23 AM
Now you're comparing this to busch? Really? I mean yeah he clearly took him out but it is a totally different situation. Bumping someone while racing them and wrecking them is completely different than running someone down under caution and plowing through them. This is what NASCAR meant by boys have at it. Busch's wasn't. I do think though that in response to what Marty said, NASCAR should have parked him for the rest of the race last week or the week before when he caused about 5 cautions. But that's just because he's ruining the competition. Totally different from boys have at it.

So wait
Bumping someone out of frustration means that the danger factor isn't as
bad as what Busch or Edwards did?
Explain to me how what Vickers did could not have lead to a bad accident
with either drivers or spectators getting hurt?
Either way there was damage to vehicles!
They drew the line with Busch, now follow up on it with everyone
or like they said at the begining, Have At It
You cannot have it both ways

rajiex
2011.11.15, 08:08 AM
Cant wait for Wed. Was very bored last evening. Could not fix my issues with 03 @ 94, changed it over to my very 1st body, DBR9.. It seemed better on my home track. Changed my 02 Murcielago to an LM, Nissan R90.. Paul, I need your help with 02 Mosler need some soldering done.

Scott, did u try the wife's camera out or should I bring my camera on Wed.

Fifty7
2011.11.15, 08:15 AM

I'm not comparing this exact incident to Busch but all week after Busch got parked all i heard was the reason he got punished and Edwards didn't was because of how many altercations Busch had prior to this one. I agree you cant say boys have at it and then start parking people for every little thing but this is how many times now Vickers has been involved in something? The problem is there is no set rule and it comes down to someones opinion on whether or not an imaginary line is crossed.

rajiex
2011.11.15, 11:00 AM
Question: Is Action RCP considered high grip?
Trying setup suggestions found on the forum. My problem is that what ever I do one my home track doesn't transfer to the Action track. I will post pics.. I can run any type of tires, different springs and lengths. The cars stick and no problem on traction rolls.

I have a 12foot straights, and the rest are hard turns on a mini 96 with two tile wide. The straights are three. Its getting frustrating running clean laps at home and no being able to repeat at Scott's place.

SaiTam
2011.11.15, 12:06 PM
Action is definitely not high grip; nor too low. I usually win when I go there I have no complaints. :)

EMU
2011.11.15, 12:35 PM
When I had a home test track, I used a different car to the one that I raced at Action. Conditions were different, so I didnt want to adjust the Action car to the home track since the setup didnt transfer very well. As Sai said, the traction is not high, nor low. My home track had more traction, but speeds were considerably slower, so it did not stress the car as much as the Action track. The higher the speed, the more demand on the tires/setup.

Fifty7
2011.11.15, 02:27 PM
The higher the speed, the more demand on the tires/setup.

Jeff - This is what i was trying to say about your wide car.

ShortBus
2011.11.15, 03:13 PM
Marty, I guess I was laughing at the point that I never touch the narrow and it's stays consistant and consistanly turns the same if not faster than my wide.

Rob B
2011.11.15, 05:41 PM
Action is definitely not high grip; nor too low. I usually win when I go there I have no complaints. :)

I beg to differ.....:D

KA2AEV
2011.11.15, 06:23 PM
I beg to differ.....:D

what that he doesn't win all the time or that he complains all the time?:rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2011.11.15, 10:43 PM
I think rob was saying in the words of doc holiday "I'm you huckleberry" another words "come get some cause I got something for you"!!!

I broke my big toe:( and I'm crying like a baby

KA2AEV
2011.11.16, 06:15 AM
I broke my big toe:( and I'm crying like a baby!

Sucks to be you:(

bermbuster
2011.11.16, 09:21 AM
I broke my big toe:( and I'm crying like a baby

Who or what did you kick to do that???:cool:
Hope it gets better quick......:)

ShortBus
2011.11.16, 09:29 AM
I hope it's not broke. I broke mine about 15 years ago and first off there isn't a darn thing you can do about it and second they never heal right :(

rajiex
2011.11.16, 10:50 AM
Batteries charged..cars all rebuilt..going to let Richie or Kevin pick what I will race tonite.

ActionRC
2011.11.16, 03:06 PM
Val has a school meeting tonight, so I may not be able to race tonight. It depends on what time she gets home. :(

Rob - Very funny.

Scott - Klutz.

Raj - Slow tracks and fast tracks will handle completely differently - even if the tiles were identical.

Marty, Mike and Crop - They're saying that next year, "boys have at it" will be slightly tweaked to reflect green-flag incidents. Kyle pushed the limits by having so many incidents - many of which were under caution. I don't agree with the safety issue of green vs. yellow penalties because someone can get hurt a lot more at 140 mph than 50 mph. I hear they may have some kind of "flagrant foul" call, which would penalize Vickers exactly. He's wrecking people on purpose - hard. But I agree with Mike - it's "boys have at it" or it's not. The drivers are begging for clear cut descriptions, but Nascar wants it to be a case by case basis. I could see both sides.

Hopefully I'll see everyone tonight!

KA2AEV
2011.11.16, 06:07 PM
Marty, Mike and Crop - They're saying that next year, "boys have at it" will be slightly tweaked to reflect green-flag incidents. Kyle pushed the limits by having so many incidents - many of which were under caution. I don't agree with the safety issue of green vs. yellow penalties because someone can get hurt a lot more at 140 mph than 50 mph. I hear they may have some kind of "flagrant foul" call, which would penalize Vickers exactly. He's wrecking people on purpose - hard. But I agree with Mike - it's "boys have at it" or it's not. The drivers are begging for clear cut descriptions, but Nascar wants it to be a case by case basis. I could see both sides.
[/I]

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the drivers, The Owners of NASCAR should not have said "Have At It" and then think ooops maybe we made a mistake?
So how do we cover our tracks now?
OH Edwards he's one of our Bigger Stars, so We'll just fine him
That Kid Busch, He's a real PITA Im gonna sit him down and teach him a lesson, Vickers, Who?
I fully understand that if you go out of your way to take someone out, wether its under Green or Yellow, you should get some type
of penality, but let it be the same for everyone, don't nail Busch to
the wall and let Vickers off or just give Edwards a slap on the wrist
The penalities for "The Flagrant Fouls" should be the same for everyone

KA2AEV
2011.11.16, 06:15 PM
Okay stumbled upon this, Listen for what the Chairman says about Aggression
Think it will shed alot of light on this whole situation(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV9WgCEobOg

Slapstick10
2011.11.17, 10:55 AM
All races were cancelled last night due to the unfortunate death of the Old Action Computer. The I.T. team worked hours on reviving it but it was to old. Time of death was pronounced at 7:42 pm by Doctor Raj and Assistant Kevin. The remains were shipped of to crematory for computers where it was dis mantled by 10am this morning. However it was carrying its organ donor card. Hard drive was to be transplanted into the new computer as a secondary hard drive. The family has made arrangements for a closed service considering there Jewish heritage and law of being buried within 24 hours.
Please feel free to add onto this post any farewells and good bys!:(

To all that came to race last night. Sorry about the inconvienence and ty for your patience and understanding. It was the greatest practice night ever though!

rajiex
2011.11.17, 12:36 PM
Time of death was pronounced at 7:42 pm by Doctor Raj and Coroner Kevin. To all that came to race last night. Sorry about the inconvienence and ty for your patience and understanding. It was the greatest practice night ever though!

Coroner has not declared cause of death. Still under investigation..
Suspects include all attendees on Tuesday Tune & Test Night.

Hopefully, what is working at my office will work at Action..

Scott, I need Hazard pay..the amount of dust that were inside both those computers was amazing..Co-workers wanted to call OSHA for a hostile work environment. I was almost white after blowing out all the dust.

Jamil, your AWD is still not better than mine but what an improvement Philip made.
If the computer transplant goes well, I will have time to build another AWD tonite.

ActionRC
2011.11.17, 12:47 PM
Oh no! My old friend and computer is dead?! :( She did her job for a long time. After just one or two problems over the 6 years that I have Core, it performed relatively well and reliably. I think Tom Potter wiped the drive and reinstalled Core once in all that time. If dog years are 1/7, computer years are like 1/20, giving that computer 120 years of service just at Action. It was old when I brought her to Action when I got Core and needed XP. She worked hard to the very end, and will be missed, but like many ladies, sometimes when they get old and don't work as well you replace them with younger models!

Hope all is well for Friday. Let me know if I can help.

Slapstick10
2011.11.17, 12:52 PM
Oh no! My old friend and computer is dead?! :( She did her job for a long time. After just one or two problems over the 6 years that I have Core, it performed relatively well and reliably. I think Tom Potter wiped the drive and reinstalled Core once in all that time. If dog years are 1/7, computer years are like 1/20, giving that computer 120 years of service just at Action. It was old when I brought her to Action when I got Core and needed XP. She worked hard to the very end, and will be missed, but like many ladies, sometimes when they get old and don't work as well you replace them with younger models!

Hope all is well for Friday. Let me know if I can help.

Wow I think I'll save this post and black mail Al or should I hope for a divorce in the future and sell it to your wife...:rolleyes:jk:D

Raj....I would look at Paul C ....he logged 100+ laps tuesday and hit the high 6's. I feel he's trying to get an edge over Jim!!!!:p

danny250r
2011.11.17, 02:09 PM
Wow I think I'll save this post and black mail Al or should I hope for a divorce in the future and sell it to your wife...:rolleyes:jk:D

Raj....I would look at Paul C ....he logged 100+ laps tuesday and hit the high 6's. I feel he's trying to get an edge over Jim!!!!:p

paul had over 500 laps on tuesday

EMU
2011.11.17, 02:30 PM
I am suspecting there may be foul play involved... Could it be Murder? I do hope that the coroner wore gloves while handling the corpse...

SaiTam
2011.11.17, 02:32 PM
Rest in pieces.......
http://www.pedroleon.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/PC-explosion.jpg

KA2AEV
2011.11.17, 03:36 PM
Someone should Notify CSI and we all should be ready to give DNA samples on Friday

rajiex
2011.11.17, 03:39 PM
Someone should Notify CSI and we all should be ready to give DNA samples on Friday

Would you really want to with this motley crew..You will need more than gloves, maybe a biohazard suit.

Slapstick10
2011.11.17, 03:40 PM
Thanks mike thanks alot. Give us all up because you were not there.. Oh wait yes you were. Can't wait to be interrogated by the fuzz!

J-Milz
2011.11.17, 08:14 PM

I bet you can't wait to leave your DNA all over the place!:D. Thanks again Philip for the AWD help. That thing was (is) sorry!

Raj, yes your AWD is better......for now. My mission is to whip your awd! It'll happen. 4 cars still make a class? AWD anyone??

Scott, You gotta stay off he porn sites. They're no good for the computers.

Going to bed.....those zoo-****-t park idiots got me tired!!

Slapstick10
2011.11.17, 08:33 PM
I am very happy to say that the I T team has prevailed and we are back in Action! All software is operational and counting as it should. We will race tomorow!

KA2AEV
2011.11.18, 06:34 AM
I bet you can't wait to leave your DNA all over the place!:D.

Thats disgusting, Plain Nasty;)

ActionRC
2011.11.18, 09:47 AM
Absolutely cannot wait to race tonight! Hope it's a busy night - really looking forward to seeing everyone! Hope to be there ASAP to get a few more adjustments done before destroying my competition! :confused:

OffTheWall329
2011.11.18, 10:48 AM
hahaha! Now thats funny right there!

rajiex
2011.11.18, 11:01 AM
Absolutely cannot wait to race tonight! Hope it's a busy night - really looking forward to seeing everyone! Hope to be there ASAP to get a few more adjustments done before destroying my competition! :confused:

Ohh.... So you are going to follow Golddust and my mantra:

"Hacking without discrimination"

Al, you are truly a hacker and president of the Hackstreet Boys!

Fifty7
2011.11.18, 12:45 PM

Me too. I think since we're not keeping points yet and nothing is at stake except my pride, I'm gonna slow down my wide car and see what happens.

Ohh.... So you are going to follow Golddust and my mantra:

"Hacking without discrimination"

Why change now :p

Cherub1m
2011.11.18, 12:47 PM
I bet you can't wait to leave your DNA all over the place!:D. Thanks again Philip for the AWD help. That thing was (is) sorry!

Raj, yes your AWD is better......for now. My mission is to whip your awd! It'll happen. 4 cars still make a class? AWD anyone??

Scott, You gotta stay off he porn sites. They're no good for the computers.

Going to bed.....those zoo-****-t park idiots got me tired!!

To bad we didn't race, but I had fun doing some tuning and helping. You welcome, Jamil I had to add, take out and add a few parts to get your AWD running we got it running better(after the removal and adding of parts), however, there is lots of room for improvement with a little more time. Additional advice is run it with a soft spring setting (both front and back), run 2degree of camber and 2 degree and play around with toe in on the front. Also, go back to the basics and run the standard Kyosho rear end with 2degree of camber and 2 degree toe in, tire management is important especially on RCP you got to true them down both front and rear tires and glue the side walls of the front tires to reduce traction rolling. And last if you have a chance add to more fets on top and two more on the bottom of the board this will make the motor more efficient which will increase run time and decrease heat. In short you can make the AWD very competitive without breaking the bank and it will hold its setting very well.

Fifty7
2011.11.18, 02:23 PM
With the final race and everything the 14 & 99 teams do being so highly publicized this week i think it's absolutely hysterical that Tony arrived in Miami on Tuesday and had roasted duck for lunch :D Sunday the duck will be Smoked!!!

KA2AEV
2011.11.19, 11:31 AM
With the final race and everything the 14 & 99 teams do being so highly publicized this week i think it's absolutely hysterical that Tony arrived in Miami on Tuesday and had roasted duck for lunch :D Sunday the duck will be Smoked!!!

To Quote Chico Marx
"Why A Duck?":D

ShortBus
2011.11.19, 04:39 PM
Had a blast with the "A" main Narrow class last night. With all the drop outs it ended up just me against Marty. We thru in some classic "John Brown" VTA rules and we ran a portion of the race in one direction and then switched direction for the final few minutes. I lost my lead on the final 2 laps and finished 3 seconds behind him. Just couldn't handle the pressure and finally scrubbed a board. Narrow is soooooooo boring :)

Fifty7
2011.11.19, 08:24 PM
Had a blast with the "A" main Narrow class last night. With all the drop outs it ended up just me against Marty. We thru in some classic "John Brown" VTA rules and we ran a portion of the race in one direction and then switched direction for the final few minutes. I lost my lead on the final 2 laps and finished 3 seconds behind him. Just couldn't handle the pressure and finally scrubbed a board. Narrow is soooooooo boring :)

OK so every week one of us sarcastically jokes about how boring narrow is. A 2 car race in any class is usually boring but we did 7 minutes and i dont think we ever got more than 3 seconds apart. After winning the qualifier with 43 laps (3 more than my best wide run and I'm not positive but I think 43 was the TQ in the A wide) and hitting 6.55 i was disappointed not to have a full main but yes we had a blast. We both scrubbed a little board, i just got lucky that you did it on the last lap ;)
My wide car slowed down a little was pretty good but the diff kept loosening up. Looking forward to next week with hopefully 2 good running cars.

Hate to say it but after practice, qualifying and the Nationwide I'm not having a warm fuzzy feeling about Tony for tomorrow. Not giving up hope yet though. Didn't expect a win at Martinsville either so you never know.

Oh yeah and the burnout at the end of the Nationwide was probably one of the coolest I've seen.

KA2AEV
2011.11.19, 10:12 PM
Hate to say it but after practice, qualifying and the Nationwide I'm not having a warm fuzzy feeling about Tony for tomorrow. Not giving up hope yet though. Didn't expect a win at Martinsville either so you never know.

Oh yeah and the burnout at the end of the Nationwide was probably one of the coolest I've seen.

Relax
Like I said previously
The Stars are in Alignment for the Championship to Rise to the Heavens On a Massive Plume of Smoke
He shot it all today so he won't have anything left for tomorrow

I have to agree with ya Marty That was a really cool burnout

Slapstick10
2011.11.20, 11:14 AM
New Layout this week folks

Tuesday - Practice 7-10
Wednesday - 7- 11 Qualifiers start at 8pm
Thursday - Closed
Friday - 6 - ? Regular race night

While the wifes are tired from shopping we will be racing ...nice!:D

Ok so Friday was the trial run for video taping the mains. Not so bad but we forgot to video the A Main. Sorry guys:(

J-Milz
2011.11.20, 12:14 PM

I think once narrow is intergrated back into the wide qualifiers, it would be exciting again. I like the narrow class, but to start the quals after the wide mains kinda sux.

Fifty7
2011.11.20, 12:47 PM
I think once narrow is intergrated back into the wide qualifiers, it would be exciting again. I like the narrow class, but to start the quals after the wide mains kinda sux.

I agree we will have more entries when we run it in between the wide but either way it has never stopped being exciting. No other class has ever produced the close racing we have in narrow. The only thing that has come close was the 70t pan car and look what they have in common. I have never seen 2 car shoot our that has stayed exciting for 7 minutes and Friday Jeff an I had that. Even Scott who dislikes narrow more than anyone has said it given the best races. It is what I look forward to every week.

Now- LET'S GO SMOKE!!!!!

Slapstick10
2011.11.20, 12:50 PM
It sought of a catch 22 because if you want to run narrow it's great but if you just want to run wide you sitting around for a while. We ran late this week but prior to the cOmputer crash we were out the door by 12:30. The narrow class is a vital part of actions race program and will be mixed after the beginning of the new year. This was why I decided not run point series or make changes to race program till after. It gives us time to adapt to a new environment and me a chance to learn the computer and ordering process. The first change after the new year is easy. We are going to change the track. We will run it for a month and then evaluate it.

Slapstick10
2011.11.20, 01:32 PM
I think that the class is only that good because of the motor. For the longest time everyone would buy multiple pn 70 turns to get a good one. Now with CTP 70 turns they level the playing field a little. My question is if we all ran 70 turns in the wide do you think the racing would be just as close, I think it will. Just something to think about. And I do hate the narrow because of limited body choices....355 or 512 thats what most run.

J-Milz
2011.11.20, 01:34 PM
This may get a lot of flack but how about running skinnies for the upcoming narrow class? We'll have 1.5 months to set it up+ alot of us are running the skinny's form crizin's anyway. Now would be a perfect time to make the transition.

How about 70t for wide, 80 for narrow. Since the track is much smaller?��

Fifty7
2011.11.20, 01:46 PM
My question is if we all ran 70 turns in the wide do you think the racing would be just as close, I think it will. Just something to think about. And I do hate the narrow because of limited body choices....355 or 512 thats what most run.

I think it would but would everybody want to run basically 2 classes that are the same? I think it would only hurt interest in one class or the other.

This may get a lot of flack but how about running skinnies for the upcoming mini class? We'll have 1.5 months to set it up+ alot of us are running the skinny's form crizin's anyway. Now would be a perfect time to make the transition.

I honestly don't want to see any changes to the narrow cars. I understand it will have to happen eventually and I've said before, I will go along with anything that is decided and try my best. I'm not going to sit out and watch because i don't like the changes but in my opinion you will lose some people to a car that's hard to setup.

J-Milz
2011.11.20, 01:56 PM
Changing the rear to skinnies won't kill the setup that much. Once someone finds the setup we'll all just copy:D. And again we have til next year.

Fifty7
2011.11.20, 02:06 PM
Changing the rear to skinnies won't kill the setup that much. Once someone finds the setup we'll all just copy:D. And again we have til next year.

Like I said, I'm willing to try anything but I personally have never been able to get a skinny setup with the exception of my Cruzin car.

Slapstick10
2011.11.20, 03:23 PM
Normally the purpose would be to learn setup but action is more of a sport then a hobby. I really don't want to mess with narrow to much,just because I hate doesn't mean its not good. Maybe a spec motor or something but around the same caliber of turn. Now on the other hand the third class we are just going to test the limits on that one...lol. Pancar w/usa spec for the first third class just to get our feet wet.
Jamil remember Cruizin is carpet and we are rcp those narrow rears are going to react different. Also remember that Ronnie amended his skinny class to acomodate the action guys with 94mm. (by the way was much appreciated by all) nat mentioned about the buggy class...I dont have an issue doing that but we enough to support a class.

J-Milz
2011.11.20, 05:53 PM
buggy!!!!!!

Golddust
2011.11.20, 06:33 PM
Ouch that hurt my ears Jamil
Can you pipe down a little bit

Fifty7
2011.11.20, 10:19 PM
What a crazy race!! No doubt about the championship being earned. He passed a total of 118 cars today. Smoked duck for dinner tomorrow. :D:D

ActionRC
2011.11.21, 11:41 AM
Had a great time racing Friday! The FXX ran really well - good enough to qualify 4th with 41 laps! The Narrow 280Z (which is a true skinny w/ narrow 15 PN's fronts and rears) ran pretty good but lacks the speed of cars like Marty's or Jeffs. That's the next project. Towne pizza as delicious! Cold coffee at the end of the night was awful! (I'm sure it was good when hot. Thank you to all who watched me pour it and drink it and THEN tell me the machine was unplugged!)

Don't restrict Wide - it's where we get to experiment the most and have fun trying new things. I don't see how we'll ever fit 3 classes in one night, and I am not opposed to switching Narrow with a special class every couple of months or so. Having 3 cars will be a huge plus - I could see not wanting to change a car from Narrow to something as different as Pan because of the front end width.

Yesterday's race was amazing!!! You could not have scripted a better day as a fan of either driver. You know how I've always told people how to get into NASCAR - pick a driver and follow him for one race. You will learn about him, his teammates, his owner, setup, enemies, etc? Well, forget all that! If you're not into it, don't bother. It will never be as good as this year was! To have a championship come down to a tie after calculating thousands of points, and then rewarding the driver with the most wins as the tie breaker - is there a better system than that and a better ending!?

Tony drove like I have never seen anyone drive yesterday. If anyone says "it's just guys driving in circles", of which I could understand someone thinking who doesn't understand racing, Tony destroyed those stereotypes. No one has ever done what Tony Stewart did on restarts yesterday - even Kyle Busch - who has taken chances on restarts more than anyone I've seen before. Everything Tony and Darien Grubb did yesterday was ballsy, risky, and against popular choice, and it paid off. Yesterday was a life lesson - not just a race. You all know I have always idolized Tony Stewart, and have been a huge fan, but I never really put him in the category of "hero." That's a strong word reserved for people like my father and grandfather, but yesterday, Tony became one of my heros. To enter a contest starting from behind (week 1 of the Chase), listen to people tell you you can't do it, start to agree with them, then defy them verbally and with your actions, face an incredible challenge at the beginning of the last challenge, and come from the back to do the one thing you told everyone the whole time you were going to do - that's not just racing - that's how you win in life. Tony became a hero yesterday.

Scott - I'll try to come by tonight and do the layout.

Fifty7
2011.11.21, 11:49 AM
yesterday, Tony became one of my heros.

I thought he became Kyle Busch:eek: Starting inside, outside, didnt matter - every restart taking it 3 or 4 wide, dropping to the back twice. You just don't see it from him. When he went 3 wide on Lap 1, turn 1 you knew he wasn't messing around. He was a new person the last few weeks and i hope he sticks around for a while.

ActionRC
2011.11.21, 02:45 PM
From now on I'm going three-wide at the start of every race! Watch out!

(Just kidding - I'll only take out one of you instead of two as usual.);)

Fifty7
2011.11.23, 01:20 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to my Action family. Enjoy the holiday and hope to see you Friday.

Slapstick10
2011.11.23, 03:47 PM
Got racing?

Y yes yes we do!!!!

J-Milz
2011.11.23, 03:58 PM
Just got my buggy in......and boy is this thing fun!:D

EMU
2011.11.23, 04:12 PM
Which did you get, Optima or Laser?

J-Milz
2011.11.23, 10:34 PM
I bought the optima, I put a atomic AWD motor and changed the pinion to 15t and it woke it up. ALOT!! I also bought a set of lazer wheels and tires. We gotta get a buggy class goin in the near future.

Slapstick10
2011.11.24, 10:04 AM
Pretty interesting night last night. Even though we were racing it felt like a test n tune session. Nice to see some pan cars making there way to the track in light of the new class starting after the first of the year. I think we had 11 racers but the great part was James,Mike,Vincent and Matt found there way back to the track...awesome!

Friday Schedule

I will open at 6 as it always is! Qualifiers start at 8

We have a lot of new parts and hopups instock. Both tv's are operational!

To all of the AcionRC family " Happy Thanksgiving":D

rajiex
2011.11.24, 12:06 PM
My little girl wii be out of hospital today. May be making a long awaited Friday appearance. I got a webcam so the second tv may have a live feed of the race in the pits

KA2AEV
2011.11.24, 12:45 PM
Happy Thanksgiving All

Off to work now:(

Hope to see ya'll on Friday Nite

Fifty7
2011.11.24, 01:26 PM
I bought the optima, I put a atomic AWD motor and changed the pinion to 15t and it woke it up. ALOT!! I also bought a set of lazer wheels and tires. We gotta get a buggy class goin in the near future.

Watch what you hit with the wheels. Nat already destroyed a dogbone.

bermbuster
2011.11.24, 01:34 PM

I broke a tooth off the driveshaft output gear....:mad:
No spares yet....

J-Milz
2011.11.24, 06:49 PM

I know, but the lil thing is soo much fun. I kept making ramps around the house jumping the thing. I just can't wait to get a clear body to paint it orange! In the back of my mind I kept saying go easy, but the inner child wants me to beat the balls off of it. I'll see you guys tmrw.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

GTR driver
2011.11.24, 07:17 PM
I know, but the lil thing is soo much fun. I kept making ramps around the house jumping the thing. I just can't wait to get a clear body to paint it orange! In the back of my mind I kept saying go easy, but the inner child wants me to beat the balls off of it. I'll see you guys tmrw.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Yup its tough to go easy on it. Way too much fun! As for the dogbone, I guess I'll have to wait till they come out with upgraded ones. :(

Slapstick10
2011.11.24, 08:36 PM
25% off all parts and autoscales
10% off all chassis sets , boards and remotes

In order to receive the discount you must race tomorrow night. Only In stock items.

Mario's_racing
2011.11.26, 12:38 AM
Had a great time racing tonight, having 20+ people lead to some interesting races. I also want to thank everyone who helped set my car up. I really appreciated it :) can't wait to get on the track again and dial the car in.

J-Milz
2011.11.26, 09:07 AM
I have to agree Mario. It's was a good night of racing, now hopefully we got that car of yours in this decade. There was a lot of Racers and it was great to see all the lil guys lined up to race in ARC2's version of "ARE YOU FASTER THAN A 5th GRADER". Lol. And it proved that Rich is not. :D
Finally my wide car is doing what I want it to do and I'm competitive in the B again. Just need to work on my lines a bit to get those extra 2-3 laps. I want that A! Finally I can't wait for the start of the points series. Those rolling wedgies aka pan cars suck in the wide class :mad:

Scott get that foot check out. It probably looks like a basketball now. :eek:

rajiex
2011.11.26, 11:13 AM
Finally my wide car is doing what I want it to do and I'm competitive in the B again. Just need to work on my lines a bit to get those extra 2-3 laps. I want that A!

Since last nite wont happen again for a long while..Jamil you are going to need 4-5 to catch me..I dont know how people dont like the narrow 70t class. my best lap was 6.63 with it and a 6.75 on a 48t. Wow, took the B and got a bump into the A.. Sorry A-guys, I tried to stay clear of your racing but things happen. Like Rob said that mini96 at home is working.

Someone quoted let me go dominate the B-mains but what happened.;)Al..:p

I am thinking of changing my wide car motor to an Atomic USA Standard and checking the times on Wed.

Scott, almost 30 drivers last nite and I liked your black Friday sale. If I didnt spend so much money in the morning on shopping. That Optima and a couple of bodies would be mine now.

Fifty7
2011.11.26, 12:07 PM
it was great to see all the lil guys lined up to race in ARC2's version of "ARE YOU FASTER THAN A 5th GRADER". Lol. And it proved that Rich is not. :D

Definitely, my son's been stuck in a group of guys where he don't belong. It was good to see enough beginners there so it made a good race for them too.

Those rolling wedgies aka pan cars suck in the wide class :mad:
I agree but it sucked for both sides though. It's not fun to fall victim to the shovel but also for them, with the lexan body, if they got side by side with a regular wide car and got a tap they went flying as well. Definitely need to be in a class by itself but until points are at stake, "boys have at it" :D

I dont know how people dont like the narrow 70t class. my best lap was 6.63 with it and a 6.75 on a 48t.

It is fun close racing as usual. In practice i did 6.28 with the wide and 6.29 narrow

I am thinking of changing my wide car motor to an Atomic USA Standard and checking the times on Wed. I was talking with Tom about that last night. We agree slower would be better (for some). Last week (before the layout change) i did 40 laps in wide and 43 in narrow so for me it was enough proof. I slowed the car down to an atomic stock (yeah cause that's slow :eek: but i had a 35t in it) and it definitely helped. The problem with going too slow is it is going to be a tough race with a couple of slow cars just trying to be consistent and the rest of the guys being ballistic. In my opinion, it's just not going to work. even last night, i did the same laps with both cars but in narrow we are all similar speed wise. If i ran the narrow in the wide class I'd be getting run over.

If I didnt spend so much money in the morning on shopping. That Optima and a couple of bodies would be mine now.

I took advantage and went home with the Optima Buggy:D

J-Milz
2011.11.26, 12:56 PM
Wow Raj I luv the smack talk. Your CAR was definetly hook'd. I haven't ran my narrow since the change to the new ARC2. I've always left after wide because I feel outta love with narrow. Not any more! Your taunts is my new motivation, and I vow to beat you like an OWS protester. :D.

Slapstick10
2011.11.26, 01:57 PM
What's funny was Marty and I were talking about enOugh for only 1 main.... 20+ racers on black Friday ...awesome! I am so glad everyone is taking advantage of the little bs changes. BF sales were though the roof last night. This is going to be a new action tradition. The Ko and Atomic order are in transit and were finally released from customs...tg!!!
Jamil,Paul,Raj and Jim are very noticeable for upgrading the game! It was great to see crop last night now all we got to do is get senior there!
Al- I have the utmost respect for you but your smack talking days are over. In the words of Harley!... You got served last night! Lol. As did I !!! Dominic did a 6.2 in a 70 turn... Omg!

Fifty7
2011.11.26, 06:23 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=1244

Monster Buggy Anyone??

OffTheWall329
2011.11.26, 07:29 PM
And you people thought I was crazy! That's cool Marty!

J-Milz
2011.11.27, 05:55 PM
You think the knuckles break easily now??? They should definetly make a short course truck.

GTR driver
2011.11.28, 03:26 AM
You think the knuckles break easily now??? They should definetly make a short course truck.

You broke the knuckles?

GTR driver
2011.11.28, 03:30 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=131&pictureid=1244

Monster Buggy Anyone??

Looks good marty! Only thing is I'd be alittle worried about the steering servo gears and such. You seen how easy it was for the steering bar to pop out everytime the front wheels scrub the boards.

J-Milz
2011.11.28, 08:18 AM
No thankfully my knuckles are still intact. Wish I could say that for my 1/10 Schumacher that I raced in New Roc yesterday. See ya Friday.

Fifty7
2011.11.28, 08:20 AM
Looks good marty! Only thing is I'd be alittle worried about the steering servo gears and such. You seen how easy it was for the steering bar to pop out everytime the front wheels scrub the boards.

It didnt work out anyway. The hubs on the buggy have the square holes like awd and they are not long enough to go through the monster wheels.

rajiex
2011.11.28, 09:30 AM
See ya Friday.

I might make two Fridays in a row.. U better bring your game or a new narrow car. That goes to you too, Al.

J-Milz
2011.11.28, 09:53 AM
i might make two fridays in a row.. U better bring your game or a new narrow car. That goes to you too, al.

consider it brought!!!

ActionRC
2011.11.28, 03:02 PM
Oh, snap! I'm getting dissed all over the place! It's on!

I had a great time Friday. It was great to see such a large turnout, and I am glad some parts moved. More money in means more rent and expenses paid, which keeps the track open! This smaller track is definitely evening everyone out. I threw a high CG Alfa Romeo sedan body on my narrow 280Z and in the first run did 41 laps in my first qualifier - and a faster lap. I only (only!) did 40 laps with the wide after 3 runs! This week, I am putting the orange and white McLaren on Justin's car (he needed more stability and maybe a slower motor than the Speedy 05 he's running) and I am going to try his Lexus 430 body and keep my 50T in it. This layout was fast, and the high-speed chicanes and double sweeper require a very stable car. My FXX, while much better than last week, is not the most stable.

I agree that it was terrible running pan cars with wide cars. If we got shovelled, we went flying. If they got hit, they went flying. They were handling amazing (Danny's car was awesome, and Rob's always are), and I can't wait to see them race among themselves, but I really did not like running them together. I understand that it is okay for now without running for points, but even for no points, I didn't like it.

Enjoy the smack-talk for now, Raj, Jamil, Harley, and all others who legitimately beat me this week. Your triumph will be short-lived. :mad:

Good to have you back Crop. Glad football is finally over.

By the way, Justin and I went to the Turkey Derby at Wall Speedway (wallspeedway.com) and it was awesome! Great weather, great food, and intense racing! Saw Dominick there, but wish more of you could have come. Had a blast. Can't wait until next year!

Also nascar.com has 25% off today and FREE shipping today! That is the most aggressive sale I have ever seen them have! Just ordered lots of stuff.

Looking forward to Wednesday since Saturday!

Fifty7
2011.11.29, 01:14 PM
So how would you like to win 50% of the chase races and the championship and then get fired? :eek:

Slapstick10
2011.11.29, 03:00 PM
Howdy all! Atomic order as well as Ko Propo order is in. Looking forward to practice tonight... My pan Car needs some tlc!!!! Paul if you read this your radio is in!

Harley championship bowling game is today I wish her luck. Danny is openning and i will be a little late.

J-Milz
2011.11.29, 11:25 PM
I got a few boards that I'd like to send out to kyosho for repair. Anybody have the addy?? Thx

rajiex
2011.11.30, 10:14 AM
I am going to change my narrow car to skinnys all around..What rear tires work at Action?? I want to make it fair on Al. Maybe even a 90mm Mazda RX-7 (FD3)

J-Milz
2011.11.30, 10:29 AM
So let me get this straight Raj. You are a C main regular who makes the narrow A in a car that is obviously hooked up. You beat Harley, Al and even yours truly, It even made you LOOK GOOD. Now you wanna change that cars set up? :confused:
I think that's a great idea!!! Do it right away.

Fifty7
2011.11.30, 01:14 PM
I am going to change my narrow car to skinnys all around..What rear tires work at Action?? I want to make it fair on Al. Maybe even a 90mm Mazda RX-7 (FD3)

So let me get this straight Raj. You are a C main regular who makes the narrow A in a car that is obviously hooked up. You beat Harley, Al and even yours truly, It even made you LOOK GOOD. Now you wanna change that cars set up? :confused:

I'm with Jamil - Good luck with that :eek::D

J-Milz
2011.11.30, 01:51 PM
......i suggest 20 skinnies all around. Get your roll bar ready!

Fifty7
2011.11.30, 02:12 PM
......i suggest 20 skinnies all around. Get your roll bar ready!

marshal.
marshal.
MARSHAL.
MARSHAL!!!!!!!

rajiex
2011.11.30, 04:47 PM

Ohh no.. I got so many cars, that I want to setup another narrow.. The Porsche is the one car, I never touch.. I got it where I wanted last year, I am even afraid to change tires..

The same thing goes for my AWD, and my 02s. I buy another car before changing setups..

Rob B
2011.11.30, 05:24 PM
Ohh no.. I got so many cars, that I want to setup another narrow.. The Porsche is the one car, I never touch.. I got it where I wanted last year, I am even afraid to change tires..

The same thing goes for my AWD, and my 02s. I buy another car before changing setups..

raj, try the 37-20 radials on the rear ..

fraga
2011.12.01, 04:27 PM
Guys, it was great seen all of you last night and I had a great time. As I mentioned, I really like the new setup, both the track and the facilities. Very "cozy" is how I would describe it. I think the darker walls with the tungsten lights give it a very warm and edgy feeling. You guys have done a great job!

I had not touched my mini-z in about 6 month, but I hope it won't be that long until I get to race again.

Raj, I did not mentioned it last night since I had not read you post, but the narrow that I raced last night is skinny all around (0N, 0N). While the driver was pretty rusty, the car felt great. My setup is:

90mm using the PN 90-94 mount (MR9094) on a Skyline body
Front had PN Slick 8 and Rear PN Slcik 6.

I had originally set up this car for Ron's carpet track since the rules there require it to be 0N, 0N and 90 mm with a narrow front. One night at the old action my 94 Narrow was not doing to good so I purchase those PN tires and tried them on my 90 mm carpet car. It felt so good that withing a few weeks I sold my 94 narrow and started using only the 90 skinny on both tracks. Also, while a lot of people change setup for carpet, I only change the tires and I like how it feels both, on carpet and RCP.

fraga
2011.12.01, 06:18 PM
Correction: I had my skinny front tires mark as 8 on my toolbox, but I think that was wrong. I checked my notes and it said 20, so I am pretty sure it was 20 front, 8 rear.

Skv012a
2011.12.02, 02:03 AM
Whats the club sched like again guys? I've been frequenting your neck of the woods QUITE a bit lately, figured its really about time I drop by and all that.

Slapstick10
2011.12.02, 06:10 AM
The schedule is

Tuesday - practice 7-10pm

Wednesday - race what you want 7- ?
Track opens 7 quals start at 8

Thursday - closed

Friday - racing mod gt and narrow 70t
6 - ? Quals start at 8pm

Mod gt - 3 quals 1 main

Narrow 70t - 2 quals 1 main

I'll put my money on Harley ! The 14 year old has left a few drivers questioning there setups. I went through issues when Dom used to beat me now my own daughter has 2 laps on me. I think I might retire!

ActionRC
2011.12.02, 03:03 PM
I must admit I had the most miserable night of racing I had ever had Wednesday. Never in any form of racing in all my years have I ever told a marshall to take my car off the track. I did some work on my car and Justin's, and after the first round I had both cars running great. My MR03 with Justin's Lexus body ran beautifully, so I was excited to race it. Ran great in the B Main - 3 laps up on the field that had been giving me a descent run before I got the car stable. Bumped to the A, which was the drivers I had run my qualifiers with, and was miserable in qualifiers and main. Why? Pan cars.

Wednesday proved yet again that pan cars and regular wide cars cannot run together. I am not blaming anyone or singling anyone out - it is not the driver who is the problem unless he flat-out runs you too hard and takes you out. Being taken-out on purpose was not a problem - it didn't happen (as far as I know!;)) It was that our normal beatin' and bangin' that we all know happens and can drive with was out of control with pan cars drivers driving in the same manner as they would with a wide car. I have never seen so many cars go flying through the air. Every time a pan car touched me, I got put in a wall, and in many cases, I got sent upside down on my roof. Yes, the first time is funny. After 3 or 4 times, it's not funny anymore. The pan cars literally get under the wide cars - even from the side - and flip them aside. I'm not calling anyone a hack - we all get together during a race - but to be flipped so many times when the car is running great with other wide cars or on it's own - I was never so frustrated. It felt more like Battlebots than racing.

On a Wednesday, it's always been run watcha brung, but I sure hope we can put an end to this mix-up of classes at least on Fridays - with or without points. I am speaking for several people who were quite frustrated the last couple of weeks that the number of pan cars running has increased. My opinion: If you're trying to set up your pan car, run on Tuesday and/or Thursday and run it all you want. I hope I am not coming across as whining - I just want the races to be good, and at the old track and the new one we have always had great races. This, however, is the first time I have ever felt frustrated racing. Racing 2-3 times a week for 7 years, I have probably run more Mini-Z races than anyone. That's A LOT of races that I have not been frustrated during, and I had never felt like I did on Wednesday. :confused:

Raj - Great narrow run.

Javier - Good to see you again! (I run 15 PN X-fronts and Kyosho 37-20 on the rear, and you don't have a 94mm Skyline - you have a 90mm Silvia. That car looked pretty good.)

See you all later!

Slapstick10
2011.12.03, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure if Al wrote that or Eugene!:D I feel that alot of bad driving or inexperience is being blamed on the pan car. Now I know some are saying here we go but its the truth. Its a small track with alot of cars at one time.

Here's an example: If your a second ahead of a pan car on a straight away going into the sweeper and you get caught up on the inside board and the pan car scoops you...is it still the pancars fault? Cause it happened to me last night. I ran my pan car in the mod gt class...It was probably the best run Ive had at the new track. I can remember only one time where I almost scooped Potter...his actuall rear was off the ground but luckily I was able to get off throttle before the mishap. It comes down to driving ....skill and patience. My son Jason who is 17 just got his license and I try to explain to him that being a good driver is being a better defensive driver.
Its not what you do its what people around you do!

I stand by the thought of allowing pan car to particapate in mod gt till the first of the year. If I have to chat with someone about there driving skills I will.

Actions Schedule will remain the same through the holiday season. We will take a 1/2 an hour during our race night on 12/9/11 to decorate the Action X mass tree. I am trying to have a tree top made with the new Action Logo. We will decorate this tree with old beater bodies and worn parts...and lights of course.
What I would like from you:
1 Beater body and 2 worn parts. I will have ornament hooks to hang whatever you have.
Examples: worn tires,tweaked chassis, tweaked motor pods, broken knuckles or toe bars.....I'm sure you get the point.

The beater body should have your name on it in marker.

I also ask Adam Marks for a Traditional Menorah....:cool:
Joe D from DMS is getting the tree!;) a real one!:D

I am also planning on raffleing off a huge ginger bread house. You can not buy 100 tickets tom! Each racer will receive a ticket when paying the entry fee for wed or friday. If you race 6 times before xmass you should have 6 tickets. Drawing will be help on 12/23/11 right before the mains.

Please if you have any questions or concerns call me.

blt456
2011.12.03, 02:10 PM
Here's an example: If your a second ahead of a pan car on a straight away going into the sweeper and you get caught up on the inside board and the pan car scoops you...is it still the pancars fault?

Its not what you do its what people around you do!

I don't race at action; however, at Inside Line Racing, there is a similar issue. One individual continues to run a pancar in modified class (we only run one class usually). It is not the car's fault, but rather the driver. There are still others who don't bother look ahead of their own cars. I've seen professional/sponsored drivers who don't even look ahead of their own car, which means they might eventually hit someone. People should be able to look a corner or two ahead of their own car for their own and everyone else's benefit. If people were just more considerate and responsible drivers, no one would be running into each other.

Fifty7
2011.12.03, 02:29 PM
It comes down to driving ....skill and patience.

Patience....now there's your problem:eek:

I was trying not to comment cause it's only going to start the whole leader vs lap down cars and faster vs slower conversations tht we have already beat to death but now I'm bored so here's my comment.

With the exception of a very few of the younger drivers that don't know any better I dont think most of us blame anybody for getting hit when we hit the boards first. The bigger problem is some people not waiting for the right place to pass and thinking the slower guy should pull over instead of waiting for a convenient place to go wide and let them through. Again this is not the pan cars fault but the outcome becomes worse when a pan car is involved.

On a different note. Race wise, last night was fun as usual and I had a decent night. Kid wise, a few of us REALLY need an adult only night:D

ShortBus
2011.12.03, 03:20 PM
Marty, good point and kind of brings back a statement from long ago - more speed requires more responsibilty on the driver. If you have slower traffic coming up you need to wait it out for a clean opening to pass - not just plow thru it because you can.

rajiex
2011.12.03, 03:28 PM
Patience....now there's your problem:eek:

I was trying not to comment cause it's only going to start the whole leader vs lap down cars and faster vs slower conversations tht we have already beat to death but now I'm bored so here's my comment.

With the exception of a very few of the younger drivers that don't know any better I dont think most of us blame anybody for getting hit when we hit the boards first. The bigger problem is some people not waiting for the right place to pass and thinking the slower guy should pull over instead of waiting for a convenient place to go wide and let them through. Again this is not the pan cars fault but the outcome becomes worse when a pan car is involved.

On a different note. Race wise, last night was fun as usual and I had a decent night. Kid wise, a few of us REALLY need an adult only night:D

Marty, good point I feel bad when someone is trying to get a bump up and coming down your tailpipes looking to pass. If we pull over, that is a problem because we pulled to the wrong side. We slow down then they ask why did we stop. I really love it when they try to make the pass in the intricate section instead of waiting for the straightaway to pass. Sai, does the best thing he yells out leader and will say which side he wants to pass on.. No confusion. As for a pan car, I am picking mine up today painted by Dr. Kustom I want to run it a couple of times before they get banished.

On your side note, I think the 23rd would be a good night to banish minors and have adult racing. People can bring their own stuff and pass and Scott should cater and provide entertainment or go out afterwards.

Rob B
2011.12.03, 05:53 PM
blame everything on the lighting.... bottom line !!!! there is not enough lighting in the track area ..

ActionRC
2011.12.05, 08:57 AM
Hey - looks like the Narrow A Main! :D

http://news.yahoo.com/fleet-ferraris-ruined-japan-sportscar-pileup-064013838.html

ActionRC
2011.12.05, 09:25 AM
I had a great time Friday night. All cars ran well, and the racing was really good. I thought Scott did an excellent job driving the pan car this weekend, so no pan car issues to report. (That's not to blame him for my previous post - I'm just saying he drove it really well, and he explained why he drove it so well and it worked.) He was the only on driving one, so it wasn't a big deal. It seems like it's an issue when there are many because you're running near them more often.

Justin's wide car and mine ran great. I think some of the best races of the night were the kids - Justin, Matthew A and Matthew B each had a shot at all of the quals and the main. They all got much better over the last few weeks - good to see the next gen doing well and enjoying themselves. My highlight of the night was when Matt A and Justin were sluggin' it out for the lead in the C Main - swapping it several times and having a great race - and Matt A got caught up with Nicky. Nicky was in the side of Matt's car, and if he hit the gas to instinctively want to go again he would have spun him, but he waited and told Matt to go. That was very impressive, and that was while Justin waited for Matt on the back straight so they could continue to have the great race they were having. Great sportsmanship by all the kids, and it was great to see.

Adult night - I could appreciate that. I think Marty, Joe, Danny and Scott could all use one after Friday night! (Hope all the kids are doing well - especially Harley.)

Marty - As upset as Matt was, it was good to see the passion for the race.

rajiex
2011.12.05, 09:30 AM
Hey - looks like the Narrow A Main! :D

http://news.yahoo.com/fleet-ferraris-ruined-japan-sportscar-pileup-064013838.html

Mysterious PAN car seen speeding away from the scene.

ActionRC
2011.12.05, 10:17 AM
Hahaha - check this out - Traxxas makes the top 5 news stories this morning on Yahoo...

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-supercar-of-radio-controlled-racers-can-be-yours-for--1-100.html

Slapstick10
2011.12.05, 10:44 AM
I think we all need a break! But... We are decorating the tree friday. Remember to bring some old parts or bodies for the tree. Oh and please don't put anything on the tree you want back cause after little xmas out the door it goes!

Ty to everyone's concern about Harley. I think she just had a bad day. She had other things going on that day and she seem to take some things to hard.

So the mad scientist layed a new track. Wow is it tight! Slowem down baby! Very hard to pass. Nat had a hard time passing Austin clean.

Fifty7
2011.12.05, 11:26 AM
Hahaha - check this out - Traxxas makes the top 5 news stories this morning on Yahoo...

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-supercar-of-radio-controlled-racers-can-be-yours-for--1-100.html

Will that be legal to run with the wide cars?:eek: That is awesome but where would we run (and not destroy) it? Staten Island streets = not exactly smooth.

I think we all need a break! But... We are decorating the tree friday. Remember to bring some old parts or bodies for the tree. Oh and please don't put anything on the tree you want back cause after little xmas out the door it goes!

OK, I will hold off Matt's break until the next week.

rajiex
2011.12.05, 12:24 PM
Will that be legal to run with the wide cars?:eek: That is awesome but where would we run (and not destroy) it?

I thought that was Nat's cars..

Fifty7
2011.12.05, 02:34 PM
Mysterious PAN car seen speeding away from the scene.

That's funny

I thought that was Nat's cars..

I'll give Nat a lot of credit for handling that car and not running through people (sometimes) :p We practiced for a while together with him just following me (in my "slow" Atomic stock) and trying to control the throttle and get by without wrecking both of us. He's getting a good handle on that power, which is bad for us :eek:

fraga
2011.12.06, 11:27 AM
blame everything on the lighting.... bottom line !!!! there is not enough lighting in the track area ..

Really? I thought the lighting was great! That was my favorite part; no ugly green florecent lights.

ActionRC
2011.12.06, 04:43 PM
I've heard complaints about the lighting from a handful, but I am not sure why. It seems bright enough to me. If Tom Potter complains about lighting, he has no credibility! He couldn't ready race results from 1-3 feet away from his face! Scott can't see the corners of the track at the old or new track. I think we might have some racers that are in denial about needing glasses! Serioulsy, if you try to drive when the lights were just turned on, they do take a few minutes to warm up.

Rob - Your eye exam will be this week! :D

rajiex
2011.12.06, 05:04 PM
I've heard complaints about the lighting from a handful, but I am not sure why. It seems bright enough to me. If Tom Potter complains about lighting, he has no credibility! He couldn't ready race results from 1-3 feet away from his face! Scott can't see the corners of the track at the old or new track. I think we might have some racers that are in denial about needing glasses! Serioulsy, if you try to drive when the lights were just turned on, they do take a few minutes to warm up.

Rob - Your eye exam will be this week! :D

Old age is getting to you..You guys are catching up to me and Paul and Tom Sr..We all wear glasses and have no problem seeing the track,, next thing we will supply arthritis medicine when your hands start twitching and crash into everyone..

Fifty7
2011.12.07, 08:11 AM
Old age is getting to you..You guys are catching up to me and Paul and Tom Sr..We all wear glasses and have no problem seeing the track,, next thing we will supply arthritis medicine when your hands start twitching and crash into everyone..

Lasik - So I'm good but I'll take the arthritis meds:D This week we will be handing out flashlights for the marshals to use as spotlights and follow around anyones car who is having trouble seeing.

Slapstick10
2011.12.07, 10:29 AM
Well I'm not sure about the lighting. As Al said and I agree....old track or new I can't see anyway. Rob genuinely feels the track is to dark. grand re-opening night I asked Eugene and Shafiq they seemed ok with it. The bulbs that are being used now are energy savers. Marty and I had a conversation about lighting last week and at last word we might try a high wattage bulb. I definatly want to add a fixture by the counter and lap counter. I really like the cafe/sheik feeling of the light now. Before I make a drastic change I want to explore other bulbs first.

But honestly more important is the floor. As it settles the track seems to be getting more bumpy. It seems like a low pile carpet or sub floor is in our future. I have alot of concerns about a sub floor because of the liability of a fall. At Maj's the sub floor is roped off for customer awareness and I fear we don't have the space to do that. Anyway we have time to review both issues because of the holidays. We will make a decision after the first of the year.

On a different note...How would you guys feel about a staggered start this week. Al's creation is real tight and my fears are that the 3 and 4 turns are a definate pile up every time ? Its extremly hard to pass in the chicanes which leaves me to believe the straightaway is going to be a fight for position. I really like this track because you have to drive! You have to negotiate traffic. Speed is not going to win any mains on this track.

ActionRC
2011.12.07, 11:21 AM
I'm okay with trying staggered starts. It just has to be a quick countdown - all the cars must be on the go within about 5 seconds. I agree - it might be good to try on this layout to spread things out.

Who had the fast lap last night and what was it?

Maybe we can get Specs-for-Less to sponsor a race and give free eye exams!:cool:

Slapstick10
2011.12.07, 11:28 AM
I think it was Nat and around 6.5

rajiex
2011.12.07, 11:56 AM
But honestly more important is the floor. As it settles the track seems to be getting more bumpy. It seems like a low pile carpet or sub floor is in our future. I have alot of concerns about a sub floor because of the liability of a fall. Anyway we have time to review both issues because of the holidays. We will make a decision after the first of the year.

On a different note...How would you guys feel about a staggered start this week. Al's creation is real tight and my fears are that the 3 and 4 turns are a definate pile up every time ? Its extremly hard to pass in the chicanes which leaves me to believe the straightaway is going to be a fight for position. I really like this track because you have to drive! You have to negotiate traffic. Speed is not going to win any mains on this track.

I hate you, I finally got a PAN Car and now u went super technical.. Dont care still going to shovel cars tonite..
I think carpet would be fine..

Fifty7
2011.12.07, 01:13 PM
I'm okay with trying staggered starts. It just has to be a quick countdown - all the cars must be on the go within about 5 seconds. I agree - it might be good to try on this layout to spread things out.

Surprisingly, i did like the staggered start at Cruzin, but....I know in the past there has been talk about most people liking the fact that the qualifiers are still a race, adding to the fun of it. I would say, for people not to get bored we would need someone calling the race constantly so you know where you stand and who you're trying to make up time on. It will take some explaining to the kids. I agree with Al, you also need to get everyone started quickly. Maybe instead of calling out names you could line up in a straight line right behind each other and each person would wait until the car in front of them got to a certain point on the track (like the 1st turn).

Slapstick10
2011.12.07, 04:35 PM
Do worry raj I'll pan it up with you!

We can debate this staggered vs gunstart all year long but for this specific track I think it's justified. I like them both actually! For competitive staggered is better by far, you aren't granted the luxury of blaming others for your bad driving. The gun shot....like al says why race once when you can race four times!
What would be cool is a split .. 2 quals staggered and 1 qual and the main gunshot!

ActionRC
2011.12.07, 04:53 PM
What would be cool is a split .. 2 quals staggered and 1 qual and the main gunshot!

I like that idea. :)

When I get home, I am going into my shed, breakin' out the beach toys, and duct-taping a shovel to my Lexus! :eek:

See everyone in a bit!

J-Milz
2011.12.07, 04:53 PM
Or...Wednesday staggard, Friday gun shot/ lemans. Early work day. See y'all lata tonight.

ActionRC
2011.12.08, 10:38 AM
Fantastic races last night! We tried the staggered 1 and2, normal 3, and normal (obviously) mains, and it worked well. After the first turn, it feels like the same thing anyway since we all bunch up at some point, but the racing and level of talent racing against each other last night was really good. Everyone had a close competitor. Most drivers hit 38 laps. Jim, Nat, and Danny did more. Funny - I did 37 and 37 in staggered, and 38 in normal. (I liked the pressure of trying to catch Scott or stay ahead of him for the entire 5 minutes better.) The B had Scott beating me by .06 (or maybe .6) seconds! Me, Adam, and Scott had an incredible battle for the win, and I had an awesome time!!! It was anyone's race! I enjoyed the tight track alot. :)

Slapstick10
2011.12.08, 05:55 PM
I agree with Al...wow I'm saying that alot this week;) Racing was just surreal. Battles were close in A,B and C mains. I also thought it was fun to do the staggered and gunshot together...the best of both worlds as you would say. But even with the different starts I think we all ended up where we should have been anyway. Well I think Al did anyway....:p In my rear view mirror!!!Hahaa....couldnt resist! I believe you been schicked again buddy! lol:p

Ive been really thinking about the floor issue. What about carpet tile. We would be able to mimic the layout without a liability issue...just a thought!

just a few reminders...

12/9/11 Tree decorating

12/23/11 Pre xmas eve racing..I heard santa is stopping by!

Congrats Marty! 1000 post ,,.....nice!

Cherub1m
2011.12.08, 06:24 PM
Ive been really thinking about the floor issue. What about carpet tile. We would be able to mimic the layout without a liability issue...just a thought!

Did you say carpet tile....Are you saying carpet track?:D

Fifty7
2011.12.08, 08:07 PM
Congrats Marty! 1000 post ,,.....nice!
Thanks. Didn't realize that

Did you say carpet tile....Are you saying carpet track?:D
I think he's talking about something to put under the rcp. Not to race on.

ActionRC
2011.12.09, 03:33 PM
3:30 and anxious to race! Counting down the hours...

Pretty close race between Marty and I for posts!

I do like the creativity I'd be able to have if we had a subfloor and solid RCP tile area, but the subfloor is expensive. It would be so easy to change layouts - I'd only need a drill! The first track (Ellis wood track) was like this, but we raced on the wood!

knightrider
2011.12.10, 11:57 PM
Anyone have a virus all day today? I need someone to blame for this. Hopin its not the flu

J-Milz
2011.12.11, 01:50 PM
As per the race conversation we had on Wednesday I looked at the website:
http://store.njmp.com/store/category/9/65/GRAND-AM/

HOPE WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

ActionRC
2011.12.12, 12:57 PM
Jamil - I'm in! If anyone is interested we should call for a group rate and arrange a party bus/van like Adam suggested. Let's not just talk about it - let's start arranging it after Christmas.

Ant - It's been a while since we've been able to call anyone "The Virus." Thanks for stepping up! (All healthy at my house right now!)

I may come for a practice night Tuesday instead of racing Wednesday. I really want to work on the narrow car. (I'd love to do both, but it's hard for me to do two nights in a row.)

ActionRC
2011.12.13, 04:51 PM
Hey, everyone. Scott is having some trouble with his toe injury, and will not be able to open Thursday for practice. Practice will be tonight (Tues), racing will be tomorrow (Wed), there will be no practice Thursday, and racing is on for Friday.

I have Jul's concert tonight, but I'll see everyone tomorrow. If you need practice, tonight's the night!

ActionRC
2011.12.14, 04:57 PM
Hey everyone - I'll be there just before 7. See you all later! :)

ActionRC
2011.12.15, 12:27 PM
Great website for paint job ideas and cool race pics...
http://www.world-challenge.com/event/eventgallery.php?year=2011

Why is the forum so quiet? Where is everyone!?

Mario's_racing
2011.12.15, 04:33 PM
I'm here, I'm just a quite person and I prefer to read.

J-Milz
2011.12.15, 05:13 PM
Same here. Been busy lately. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Slapstick10
2011.12.16, 02:28 PM
Well I'm sure most of you have seen me nursing my toe. It turns out that my toe was a sign for a larger problem. The toe wasnt healing Because of a blood clot in my pelvic artery which caused me to have no pulse in my right leg. Another words I could have died at any moment. I'm thankful that I had a little luck this holiday so far. I'm a cold hearted person sometimes and I don't really mean to be. Life and it's lessons sometimes makes you this way but once in a while something happens and offers a second chance. And this is mine. I'm going to try and make better of it. Ty to all for your thoughts and prayers. I
Trying to get discharged now but after 2 cat scans ,5 MRI ,enough drawn blood to supply a local blood drive and an emergency surgery.... I don't mind waiting a bit.

Rob B
2011.12.16, 02:59 PM
im glad your still here with us ....merry christmas buddy !!!!

Mario's_racing
2011.12.16, 04:23 PM
Wow Scott!!! I happy to hear that your ok. I was worried for a while about that toe but I very would have thought that it would be so serious. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Fifty7
2011.12.16, 04:47 PM
Wow. Sometimes things do happen for a reason. Glad to hear you'll be ok. See you soon.

GTR driver
2011.12.16, 05:48 PM
Glad that you're doing better scott. Have a speedy recovery.

TomSr
2011.12.17, 11:13 AM
Hi Scott. Been out of the RC loop for a while but so sorry to hear about your health issue. I thank God that you got the cause discovered before something more serious resulted and hope that you are now on the road to putting this safely behind you. Be well my friend!

bermbuster
2011.12.17, 12:01 PM
Well I'm sure most of you have seen me nursing my toe. It turns out that my toe was a sign for a larger problem. The toe wasnt healing Because of a blood clot in my pelvic artery which caused me to have no pulse in my right leg. Another words I could have died at any moment. I'm thankful that I had a little luck this holiday so far. I'm a cold hearted person sometimes and I don't really mean to be. Life and it's lessons sometimes makes you this way but once in a while something happens and offers a second chance. And this is mine. I'm going to try and make better of it. Ty to all for your thoughts and prayers. I
Trying to get discharged now but after 2 cat scans ,5 MRI ,enough drawn blood to supply a local blood drive and an emergency surgery.... I don't mind waiting a bit.

Scott....Im glad your all good again......:) I know you have more than a Little Luck....:cool:

What is the holiday racing schedule at Action?

EMU
2011.12.17, 12:05 PM
Scott I hope you have a speedy recovery. Happy holidays :)

ActionRC
2011.12.19, 12:34 PM
Friday night was a lot of fun - I had the fastest lap in the A-Main! (Didn't win it, but I'll take whatever bragging I can get.) I actually led a few qualifiers for a while. My car ran really well. I definitely upped my game this week. Even did well with the Narrow car!

Unfortunately, I am not sure when I can fit in racing this week. We're having Christmas Eve at my house, and we have a lot to do to get ready. Hopefully I can race Wednesday, but it's not looking good for Friday. I think it would be good if we could all give Scott "Cut Into With a Knife" Schick an early head count so he can make plans accordingly and I'll kick out an email to the masses with the schedule. If no one can make it Friday, it would be good to know early-on.

You still have time to get Mini-Z Christmas Gifts! Tell the wives and kids what you want - tires, motors, batteries, bodies - this is the time!!!

See everyone Wednesday, hopefully!

Slapstick10
2011.12.19, 02:06 PM
After getting over my 2days of how could this happen to me then 2 days of poor me and a few days of a mixed bag of tricks my head seems to be in a better place. I not only had the weight of my family but of those I employ. In fact the only thing I didn't worry about was the track and that is because of the greatness in all of you. I now take ease in knowing there were no warnings nor precautions I could have seen. It's just one of those things.

Pre Xmas eve racing... I'm going to be there no matter how many people come. I need it right now... I need the reality break. If the day after thanksgiving was any sign I think it will be busy.

Ty all for your thoughts and prayers... Someone heard you load and clear!

ActionRC
2011.12.19, 02:44 PM
This is a great time for race fans on Speed Channel. Assuming we're all fans (or potential fans) of real road-course racing, Speed is showing the FIA GT World Championship races on Wednesdays (Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, GTR's, Corvettes, Ford GT's - just like we "drive"), and I DVR'd upcoming events for Porsche Cup, British Touring cars, German Touring cars, and Continental Tires Touring cars. These races are a great way to see what the Mini-Z's we drive look like for real, and a great way to fuel the fire for the racing that we do. I watch these races and I either have to go to the track or play Forza or Gran Turismo or slot cars or something - but I have to race SOMETHING!

PS - There's an FIA team called DKR Engineering! (Justin and I got a kick out of seeing them last in points after the first week!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DKR_Engineering

They've shown 2 weeks of the FIA series, so you can still get caught up easily. Great races and great cars. They wreck in the first turn of every race - just like we do! :D

Fifty7
2011.12.19, 03:30 PM
You still have time to get Mini-Z Christmas Gifts! Tell the wives and kids what you want - tires, motors, batteries, bodies - this is the time!!!

See everyone Wednesday, hopefully!

Gee I hope I get a Eurus ;)

Pre Xmas eve racing... I'm going to be there no matter how many people come. I need it right now... I need the reality break. If the day after thanksgiving was any sign I think it will be busy.

Ty all for your thoughts and prayers... Someone heard you load and clear!

As of right now, I'm coming. Christmas Day is at my house so hopefully i have everything ready and can come out and play :D

PS - There's an FIA team called DKR Engineering! (Justin and I got a kick out of seeing them last in points after the first week!)

Do they forget to clamp down their battery cables? :p

Slapstick10
2011.12.20, 10:24 AM
Gee I hope I get a Eurus

Wow...trying to bully santa.... So your wife ....I mean santa gets you a eurus...what did you get her? It better be good;)

Just a reminder....

Santa has stopped by the track and left some goodies for the kiddies under the tree!

ActionRC
2011.12.21, 09:00 AM
This guy got a Lamborghini Murcielago and then smashed it within hours - just like us! :D
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/truck-driver-wins-lamborghini-crashes-hours-later-220724449.html

Slapstick10
2011.12.21, 11:38 AM
I bet he's saying what an idiot I am!!!

J-Milz
2011.12.21, 11:59 AM
Free Lamborghini??? I'd beat the balls off it then trade it in for a vette, a boat and rental property in the Carolinas. Lol!!

ActionRC
2011.12.21, 03:21 PM
Happy Birthday Scott!

I may not make it tonight, guys. Jiana has pneumonia, Juliana is coughing, and I'm not feeling too well either. Just trying to get through the work day. Everyone (literally) in my office has a cold, and I feel one starting. :(

If I had a garage, I'd keep the free Lambo. I wonder how he paid the taxes on it? Speaking of which, does anyone know anyone that could rent a garage for the winter? Dad needs one for the '58, preferably on the South Shore.

Slapstick10
2011.12.22, 12:22 PM
Ty Al I hope you all are feeling better today ! Pretty quiet night last night but alot of fun. Jim intentionally made me have an accident with with the mustang.. Broke a rim. It felt great to pickup a remote. Hitting 40 laps with a car that doesn't turn priceless.

Deonte and jamil passed by.... That was awesome!

Remember the track is closed on Thursday's

Well see everyone tomorrow!

ActionRC
2011.12.22, 05:25 PM
Definitely missed racing last night, but it's better off that I stayed home. I would have been sneezing and coughing and getting everyone sick just before Christmas. Tomorrow night is going to be rough - we'll see what happens. :(

OffTheWall329
2011.12.22, 06:16 PM
I didnt do anything. I just scared you lol!

rajiex
2011.12.22, 06:40 PM

Deonte and jamil passed by.... That was awesome!

What am I? chopped liver.

J-Milz
2011.12.22, 07:00 PM
what am i? Chopped liver.

yyuuuuuup!

ActionRC
2011.12.23, 01:10 PM
:eek:Feeling much better today, and may actually have clearance to race tonight even though we have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas Eve. Hopefully Val, her mother and sister will put a good dent in work to do today!

What's everyone's thoughts on the 94mm vs. 98mm wheelbase right now? The smaller track seems to have evened out the benefits of each. I am loving the 94mm Lexus right now, but Paul's Mosler always has me wondering if I should copy his car. (Scott - You need PN Mosler adjustable body mounts. Just the plates - not the aluminum mount - you have those.)

If we finish up early enought tonight I'd like to change the layout so I don't have to worry about doing it over the long holiday weekend. Hopefully, some of you can hang around a bit and help me out. I'd appreciate it - especially if I have to go up and down the ladder.

Need to race!!! :):mad::p:confused::eek:

See y'all later, hopefully!

rajiex
2011.12.23, 01:20 PM
:eek:Feeling much better today, and may actually have clearance to race tonight even though we have a lot to do to get ready for Christmas Eve. Hopefully Val, her mother and sister will put a good dent in work to do today!

What's everyone's thoughts on the 94mm vs. 98mm wheelbase right now? The smaller track seems to have evened out the benefits of each. I am loving the 94mm Lexus right now, but Paul's Mosler always has me wondering if I should copy his car. (Scott - You need PN Mosler adjustable body mounts. Just the plates - not the aluminum mount - you have those.)

If we finish up early enought tonight I'd like to change the layout so I don't have to worry about doing it over the long holiday weekend. Hopefully, some of you can hang around a bit and help me out. I'd appreciate it - especially if I have to go up and down the ladder.

Al, you have to see Paul wheel the 94 Ferrari of his..much better than the mosler.

Fifty7
2011.12.23, 01:27 PM

I hear ya. I have no business going out tonight with so much to do but work has been nuts, the weekend is going to be crazy so I need to race too and hopefully have a nice easy, fun night with no problems. Besides, what better way to start vacation than at the track?

Anyone bringing the kids? My son doesn't want to come if the kids aren't there. Last week he was miserable and I wound up taking him home.

Fifty7
2011.12.24, 02:27 AM
So I got home and cleaned Matt's head and it really wasn't a scratch after all. It was a deep little hole. So an hour and a half later I'm back don the er with one staple in his head. Other than that it was a really fun night. I got an A main win and a broken narrow servo.

Quick question for the Eurus people out there. Is the max 65 on the steering like on the Helios or can you utilize the whole thing.

Mario's_racing
2011.12.24, 11:52 AM
I had a great time last night. I took a lot of pictures (over 60), and I hope everyone will enjoy them. You can find them HERE (https://picasaweb.google.com/116395171404199646834/ActionRC2FirstChristmas2011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCOfunrOMvdeNag&feat=directlink). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everybody!!!

lfisminiz
2011.12.24, 09:45 PM
So I got home and cleaned Matt's head and it really wasn't a scratch after all. It was a deep little hole. So an hour and a half later I'm back don the er with one staple in his head. Other than that it was a really fun night. I got an A main win and a broken narrow servo.

Quick question for the Eurus people out there. Is the max 65 on the steering like on the Helios or can you utilize the whole thing.

Most of my 03 boarded cars (03, 02, AWD, F-1), are all higher with no problems.

Fifty7
2011.12.25, 01:06 AM
Most of my 03 boarded cars (03, 02, AWD, F-1), are all higher with no problems.

Ok thanks.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to my dysfunctional second family at Action RC2.

J-Milz
2011.12.25, 10:30 AM
Feliz Merry Kwanzakua!

hpotter
2011.12.25, 04:07 PM
Merry Christmas everyone from DMS

Fifty7
2011.12.25, 10:08 PM
Merry Christmas everyone from DMS

Is that Merry Christmas to everyone. From DMS or is that only wishing DMS members a Merry Christmas. :D

hpotter
2011.12.26, 12:26 AM
Is that Merry Christmas to everyone. From DMS or is that only wishing DMS members a Merry Christmas. :D

Hmm I guess its how you take it :)

ActionRC
2011.12.27, 11:26 AM
...I need to race too and hopefully have a nice easy, fun night with no problems... .

How'd that wish work out for you, Marty!? Seriously, glad Matt is okay. I didn't think that was just a scratch with that much blood that quickly. Thankfully the kids have been generally okay running around out there, and I love that they have so much fun together, but even though it's a big open space outside there are many hazards to watch out for along the edges. We need to make a playpen for them!

I had a great time Friday. The A-Main when Marty and Nat were duking it out for the lead while Tom and I were battling for 3rd just seconds behind, only to have Nat and Marty get together on the last turn and Tom and I blew by Nat and took 2nd and 3rd - that was one of the greatest racing moments for me ever. My car ran better than ever that race. I cannot wait to race again!

The 94mm does seem to be working out nicely for me, and the 98mm FXX seems to be dialed on Justin's MR02. I'll have to try Paul's Ferrari and see if I like it better than his Mosler. Paul and Rob seem to be THE set-up guys right now! It seems like I can get any body or wheelbase to feel great on Justin's 02. The 03 is more responsive and sensitive to body and wheelbase changes.

Val and the kids are out tonight for a while, so I may come by for practice, tuning, and Towne Deli. Most of the leftovers are gone already! I wish I had more baked clams!

PS - I drove Dominick's Mosler after one of his qualifiers when he was complaining about the car the whole time. Usually, he just gets panicked and aggrevated and the car is fine. His car was actually awful when I drove it. Hopefully Tom will get it up and running better and maybe show Dominick how to work on it!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas - and not just DMS Racing! :)

Fifty7
2011.12.27, 02:44 PM
How'd that wish work out for you, Marty!? :)

It was working out fine until the kid cracked open his head:p I got to use my Eurus, picked up 2 laps from last week, was TQ in wide and got the win (bye bye TQ jinx) and like you said it was by no means a boring win with the 4 of us finishing so close together. And i was about to qualify my narrow car on the pole :p after missing the 1st qualifier with a broken steering gear (thank you Nat for fixing that while I wiped up a bloody head) and thank Mike for helping with Matts head.

So I'd say it was 50/50, hopefully Friday will be good and i can try the Narrow with the new radio and gears.

Is the layout the same or did you get to change it? If it's the same could you save the sheets from Friday. I want to see what Matt did and if it changes much with the Helios.

Eugene - You helped me set up the BT1 button on the Helios to put the car in reverse. I love that button because with the throttle brake down to 35% so it can be used without spinning out, reverse is really slow so the button fixed this. On the Eurus, i figured it out but all i see is that you can only put the reverse up to 50% when using the BT1 button and on top of that it's 50% of the 35% the throttle brake is set at so it's virtually useless unless i put the throttle brake all the way up, then i cant use the brakes. Does this sound right or might i be missing something?

rajiex
2011.12.28, 10:51 AM
Cant wait for tonite...Got some new cars to race, the Lambo, AWD and 90mm is making a comeback..I charged and discharged some batteries, I almost had a bad battery in every set..Its been a year on most sets, time to get some new ones.

ActionRC
2011.12.29, 01:20 PM
Sorry I couldn't race last night. I wanted to get a practice night in, and it's hard for me to be there two days in a row. I'll be there Friday though! Can't wait - especially after running over 300 practice laps and being just .17 seconds slower than Nat for the hotlap. My car feels incredible! :)

I did make a change the the layout. I eliminated the steps and installed a 3 tile carousel! It's fast, wide, and leaves lots of room to pass inside or out. I also slightly rounded out the last right turn before the lap counter. I think I did a 5.67 to Nat's 5.50 if I remember right. It's awesome - the best flowing track we've had! :D

Also, I was just reading the last post in the Brooklyn Hobbies forum and it reminded me that I have been thinking alot about enduros. Anyone in the mood for one? The practice night had me thinking about them recently, and how much fun they are, and the BH post reminded me to write about it here. Plus, I watched a lot of FIA GT World Championship racing this week, and I am itching for a long race with pit stops! I would actually like to do the Maryland event that they wrote about, but it would be hard for me to give up a whole day - especially all the way down there.

rajiex
2011.12.29, 04:34 PM
Sorry I couldn't race last night. I wanted to get a practice night in, and it's hard for me to be there two days in a row. I'll be there Friday though! Can't wait - especially after running over 300 practice laps and being just .17 seconds slower than Nat for the hotlap. My car feels incredible! :)

I did make a change the the layout. I eliminated the steps and installed a 3 tile carousel! It's fast, wide, and leaves lots of room to pass inside or out. I also slightly rounded out the last right turn before the lap counter. I think I did a 5.67 to Nat's 5.50 if I remember right. It's awesome - the best flowing track we've had! :D

Al, you should have been there on Wed. I led the A-qualifier for 19 laps against Scott, Paul and Jim with my narrow 70t. Held onto 2nd for three more and then my cake crumbled. I kept the print out and will laminate.

Thought I had a diff problem for my car spinning out but instead found a broken body clip from mixing it up with the A guys..Only if it was video taped, I could relive that feeling all over again and again.

ActionRC
2011.12.30, 11:33 AM
Haha - Wish I could have made it, and unfortunatly, I wish I could make it tonight. I forgot that we got tickets to a show tonight for Christmas, so we'll be in NYC tonight. Grrrr. Not sure if I'll make it until Tuesday or Wednesday! Going through major Mini-Z withdrawals! :mad:

Anyone up for an impromptu Sunday night enduro!? No work Monday! I'll check with the boss (Valerie Alswife) and see if I could make it happen. :D

J-Milz
2011.12.31, 09:23 PM
Happy New Year to my Mini z family. Be safe. It was good night of racing for the Payne house hold. My lil guy love to hang out at the track and it's cute when he grabs his lil car box. He can't wait to race. Deonte.....well....um. Thanks Scott for talking with him. I wanted to kill em. Anyway. See you in the 2012!

Mario's_racing
2012.01.01, 12:20 AM
Happy 2012 to every one :) Heres hoping it's going to be a great year for my Action RC Family!!!

danny250r
2012.01.01, 08:53 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR :D:D AL im down to race tonight since i missed the whole week :mad:

ActionRC
2012.01.01, 02:37 PM
I think I have authorization. May race slot cars home of not enough people for tonight. Whoever is interested call me!

Slapstick10
2012.01.01, 02:50 PM
I'm pretty bored and so are the kids. Austin and Harley would be in for an enduro. Any takers. If its going to happen let's see who's interested?

ActionRC
2012.01.01, 03:16 PM
Track will open at 7 for attempted enduro! We'll announce all rules tonight. Shooting to start at 8! Please call Scott or me so we can set up the computer!

Slapstick10
2012.01.01, 03:25 PM
Track will open at 7

In so far is

Scott
harley
austin
al
justin
mario
robert
johnaton ( not goldust)
jim
danny
joe
dom
richie l
potter

I would also like to extend this invitation to anyone across a bridge perfect opportunity to come check us out.

Slapstick10
2012.01.01, 04:55 PM
Price: $10 a person

Track will open at 7 enduro will start around 8ish:D

If you are not on my last post and you are coming please call me

Slapstick10
2012.01.02, 12:59 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Well we didnt have the enduro but we did have 20 minute mains which was awesome by the way. I finished in second in the A main behind Johnathon with Deonte's car. Harley took the B main with my corvette and Austin Made the A main staight up! Thank God for once Austin didnt break down. Tom and Dom had issues.....lol I know its not really funny but to hear Tom bitch for about a 1/2 hour is priceless! Well we are going to try some program changes...Its a Test run...Please dont get your panties all bunched up!!!jk thats funny but!!!!:D

Wednesday Night racing

Run whatcha want: 2 quals 1 Main
3rd class: 2 Quals 1 Main (Pancar)

Friday Night Racing

Wide: 2 Quals 1 Main open motor
Pan Car: 2 Quals 1 Main spec motor
Narrow: 2 Quals 1 Main 70 turn

Third Class will mimic on wednesday. We will try staggering the races again.
The sucess of the program depends on the racers... Please try and have your cars ready and batteries charged.

KA2AEV
2012.01.02, 01:09 PM
lol I know its not really funny but to hear Tom bitch for about a 1/2 hour is priceless!

Pickles Versus Cucumbers?

Thought that was settled already!

bermbuster
2012.01.02, 03:49 PM
Happy New Year everyone! Well we didnt have the enduro but we did have 20 minute mains which was awesome by the way. I finished in second in the A main behind Johnathon with Deonte's car. Harley took the B main with my corvette and Austin Made the A main staight up! Thank God for once Austin didnt break down. Tom and Dom had issues.....lol I know its not really funny but to hear Tom bitch for about a 1/2 hour is priceless! Well we are going to try some program changes...Its a Test run...Please dont get your panties all bunched up!!!jk thats funny but!!!!:D.

You guys have the most awesome racing.....:)
where else can you decide to run on a holiday afternoon and get a turnout of 15 racers.....:cool:

hpotter
2012.01.02, 04:03 PM
I'll just say this...Potter in the lead 12 minutes in up by 5 laps, go in for a pit change (Joe did awesome--Battery change in about 3-4 laps, car ready to go) and what happens, car doesn't grab a signal and I'm out of the race. Plus most guys who were a threat still had to pit. Hellooooo Kyosho---Mini Z's SUCK.

Dom's car was a horrible mess (my fault), have to get it right by Friday

Slapstick10
2012.01.02, 10:07 PM
Oh know potter I here the .... Wambulance! Coming!
That's racing my friend!

George I agree only at action could we throw together a race in 6 hours!

hpotter
2012.01.04, 12:47 AM
Is this possible?? Car works fine, put it away and a week later it doesn't bind to radio, so I think hmm board blew up while sitting in box. Purchase new board, put it in and same problem, so I try all other channels on radio, still no bind. I try to bind to another radio, guess what still doesn't bind. I take all my other cars and try to bind them to both radios to make sure its not a radio issue, all cars bind immediately on both radios. So I guess I'm so damn lucky that boards just blow up for no reason and the new ones I buy are already blown up. Round two of KYOSHO SUCKS.

Slapstick if you see this can you get in touch with me, I have to do something to get this car running by Friday.

Slapstick10
2012.01.04, 05:53 AM
Tom no worries bring it tonight well get it fixed. I let Kyosho know of the issue at hand. If the board I sold you is defective I'll replace it no problem. I want to try and bind it to my eurus tonight. Let see what happens.

Pan car class starts tonight

USA atomic spec motor
Lexen or plastic
Must use rim offsets that come with car
Paint is optional

See everyone tonight. Tom call me later!

rajiex
2012.01.04, 10:03 AM

USA atomic spec motor
Lexen or plastic
Paint is optional

Am ready...are lipos allowed..Scott, if Harley is not coming tonite I want to bind one of the cars to her Eurus to see if I like it. I got to catch back up to Paul.

Slapstick10
2012.01.04, 10:24 AM
Am ready...are lipos allowed..Scott, if Harley is not coming tonite I want to bind one of the cars to her Eurus to see if I like it. I got to catch back up to Paul.

Lipo.... Really.....I would think we will keep it at nimh only. And Harley has a JRZ1 and Austin has a Helios. But on a positive note I found the front clip for the 350z :). You can try my eurus I'll use Austin's car for wide!

Fifty7
2012.01.04, 01:42 PM
Paint is optional

Great, now there will be a bunch of white shovels on the track. Dont crash, you'll certainly be watching the wrong car. :eek:

Slapstick10
2012.01.04, 02:54 PM
Not to sound aggressive but if you loose you own car your a moron. I've done alot of stupid things since I started mini z but loosing track of my own car was no one of them. Can't wait to race pan tonight!!!

ActionRC
2012.01.04, 04:37 PM
Sunday night was awesome! We had a great turnout (so we're closer to the new coffee maker!), and while we didn't run an "Enduro", we ran 10 minute qualifiers and 20 minute mains with mandatory pit stops - a "Mini-Enduro" if you will! It was so much fun! Scott and I were going at it until I got stuck UNDER Dominick and lost a lap to him! We had an awesome race! We were even ahead of Johnathan in the second half of the race, and we both pitted for the exact same time. Same lap in AND out! My car feels great, so Deonte's must be too! :)

Not totally happy (selfishly) about the Pan Car thing because I don't have a third 2.4 car, so I'll have to pick up a board and convert my old AM car. I think my pan car body is at Adam's, too, so I don't even have that right now. Oh well, one less qualifier for me, I guess, until I get a third car running. :(

I am hoping to see everyone tonight, but I have a big Ikea furniture build to complete AND have to start on Justin's science project. Not sure how I am squeezing this all in, but I'll try.

ActionRC
2012.01.04, 04:38 PM
Not to sound aggressive but if you loose you own car your a moron. I've done alot of stupid things since I started mini z but loosing track of my own car was no one of them. Can't wait to race pan tonight!!!

Wait until there are six white pan cars on the track... ;)

... or run identical buggies at night under a truck!

Fifty7
2012.01.04, 05:13 PM
Wait until there are six white pan cars on the track... ;)

... or run identical buggies at night under a truck!

You took both sentences right out of my mouth. Has nothing to do with being a moron but when 6 white cars crash, someone will confuse them. :p

I'm looking forward to running my RED pan car. It's pretty stock so I'm sure to make the C :eek:

rajiex
2012.01.05, 07:17 AM

USA atomic spec motor
Lexen or plastic
Paint is optional

See everyone tonight. Tom call me later!

Had a fun last nite..Good racing interesting crashes and mix ups.
I actually like PAN and the Atomic Spec Motor.
Can't wait for the Helios.

Getting cars ready for Cruzin, I may go..
Noteworthy advice, remember to put battery clips on when racing.

ShortBus
2012.01.05, 11:23 AM
Al, I have a 98mm pan car but no chassis. You are welcomed to use it if you can get a 3rd car together.

Jeff

OffTheWall329
2012.01.05, 04:41 PM
Just so you guys know, mini-z's do fly! God I love Pan car!

rajiex
2012.01.05, 05:47 PM
I plan on running the MOD, Skinny and 94mm classes on Saturday.. What are my friends running?

Slapstick10
2012.01.06, 12:33 PM
OK race fans....its friday!

New Race program is as follows.

Wide - 2quals 1 main

Pan car - 2 quals 1 main

Narrow - 2 quals 1 main

We are staggering the qualifiers. This is a trial run. Its not written in stone but I really would like to make it work.

raj- glad you found the clip by the way!

My Pan Car is so slow....! I could eat breakfast waiting for it to get to the end of the straightaway! lol

Jeff is not openning tonight I am..See everyone later!:D

I'm sure ronnie has some pan car bodies up by him. I would go tommorow but the leg is a factor at this point. have fun guys

Fifty7
2012.01.06, 12:48 PM
Jeff is not openning tonight I am..See everyone later!:D

Cant wait, had (still having) a rough week at work. Need to unwind and have some laughs. Scott, you'll be there around 6?

You're pan car that you and Harley have been running is slow?

Slapstick10
2012.01.06, 01:09 PM
yea....I had a standard in it had to switch it to a usa spec>>:(

rajiex
2012.01.06, 01:34 PM
You're pan car that you and Harley have been running is slow?

The slow car that pulled a 5.8 on Wed..
Its like the narrow 70t car, most drivers pull the same # of laps or more with the slower motors than the Chili.
It just doesnt look fast because you cant ballistic down that straight away.

ActionRC
2012.01.06, 02:02 PM
Scott - Maybe instead of Pan Car you should run a spec body class for a body that is actually available from Kyosho. The motor rule could still be in effect, but maybe pick a body that they have many unpainted ones of. That way YOU can get and sell bodies instead of another track. When the pan bodies are back again, then we could always try it, but for now, sell stuff that you can. Just a thought!

Imagine if you chose a body that none of us has. We'd all get it, paint them up, and it would look cool and you'd sell a ton of bodies. This is how Renault Megane started, and as far as I know, I had never seen any track run a spec Renault class. (Check them all out on YouTube NOW - another trend ARCMS started!) I wanted to do a BMW M3 class, which would have looke dlike full-size GT racing. Think about it...

See everyone later!!!

Fifty7
2012.01.06, 02:18 PM
yea....I had a standard in it had to switch it to a usa spec>>:(

Oh OK, I was gonna say it didnt look that bad. I havent seen it with the new motor

Slapstick10
2012.01.06, 02:43 PM
Since I'm going to be there early tonight I think I'll break it in a little bit. And I believe my fast lap was a 5.94 not a 5.80 but i'm not sure. I have an awesome method for break in from a good friend across the bridge!;)

Fifty7
2012.01.06, 02:44 PM
Since I'm going to be there early tonight I think I'll break it in a little bit. And I believe my fast lap was a 5.94 not a 5.80 but i'm not sure. I have an awesome method for break in from a good friend across the bridge!;)

Willing to share? LOL

Slapstick10
2012.01.06, 02:50 PM
Share.... No I keep that little secret for myself!!!!jk:p

Al sorry missed your post....The problem with the body idea is what if we all hate it?

Fifty7
2012.01.06, 03:20 PM
Share.... No I keep that little secret for myself!!!!jk:p

Al sorry missed your post....The problem with the body idea is what if we all hate it?

So i have to get there early and hang over your shoulder. :p

Some will love it, some will just like it and Tom will HATE it :D

KA2AEV
2012.01.06, 03:29 PM
So i have to get there early and hang over your shoulder. :p

Some will love it, some will just like it and Tom will HATE it :D

Yeah, so whats new?:p

ActionRC
2012.01.06, 04:14 PM
I'll be racing solo tonight. Val and kids will be at Jose Tejas, so I'll be doing Towne with you guys. Don't order without me! Justin has a cough, so I don't want him hacking up a lung with all of us in such close proximity.

I don't think there are too many bodies that we HATE, but I think it would be really cool to run, for example, all BMW's or all Acura NSX's or something that few (if any) of us have, and then we'd all of the challenge of making that body work. It's the same concept as pan, but with a body that is actually available. Plus, in general, unpainted Kyosho bodies are the most reasonably priced and the most detailed.

Not trying to take away from Pan - I love Pan, and it's great racing - but I hate to see us run something that some people will be left out of immediately because the body is unavailable. Just sayin...

See y'all later! Gonna try to get there ASAP, but it'll be time to play in Belt Parkway traffic in 45 minutes!

Slapstick10
2012.01.06, 05:43 PM
bodies are available. Cruzin has a few and Atomic has in stock. Iknow paul is looking to scope one from cruisin. There are also 2 pn lexan bodies on the wall.

hpotter
2012.01.07, 10:48 AM
Question for all mini z racers. Is there any known things that can cause 2.4 to glitch? Many people had weird things happen last night. First off me and Scott had issues with the Pan car where it just went on its own and we had no control, and a few people had issues where they lost total power and then when you picked it up power was restored (no loose motor wires). Another issue was you could be in a race and the car was fine and you go to turn and the car wouldn't respond it would just go straight into the wall, I was trying all night to figure out what Dom was complaining about and everytime I tried his car it was fine until the end of the night I was driving and it did exactly what he was complaining about (going fine and straight and boom the car would just dive into the wall); Nat stated the exact same thing happened to him and if I'm not mistaken Marty also had some similar issues. Could this be an issue of a lot of 2.4 radios in close proximity, because as you know during the "enduro" my car would not catch a signal after a battery change and then when I got to the pit area it caught the signal right away. Radios used for thes instances are a Eurus, EX1 UR and an EX5 UR.

New name suggestion for Pan car " Smash and Shovel" what do you think?

Slapstick10
2012.01.07, 11:13 AM
Not that I like to agree with you but we had a major 2.4 glitch last night. Toms and my car seemed to get caught up together at the same time on the frequency. It was really weird, Tom would drive and both cars would spaz out and the same when I drove. The fix was turning off the cars and remotes and puting them on at seperate times.

Pan Car - that was a blast! It was alot of fun and great racing at that. All cars seem to be around the same speed!

Mod Gt - awesome racing as well.

So the new race program seemed to work as well as move quickly. We started the mains around 10:40. Marshaling for some was an issue but everyone picked the slack.

KA2AEV
2012.01.07, 11:29 AM
Question for all mini z racers. Is there any known things that can cause 2.4 to glitch? Many people had weird things happen last night. First off me and Scott had issues with the Pan car where it just went on its own and we had no control, and a few people had issues where they lost total power and then when you picked it up power was restored (no loose motor wires). Another issue was you could be in a race and the car was fine and you go to turn and the car wouldn't respond it would just go straight into the wall, I was trying all night to figure out what Dom was complaining about and everytime I tried his car it was fine until the end of the night I was driving and it did exactly what he was complaining about (going fine and straight and boom the car would just dive into the wall); Nat stated the exact same thing happened to him and if I'm not mistaken Marty also had some similar issues. Could this be an issue of a lot of 2.4 radios in close proximity, because as you know during the "enduro" my car would not catch a signal after a battery change and then when I got to the pit area it caught the signal right away. Radios used for thes instances are a Eurus, EX1 UR and an EX5 UR.

Scott those cameras in the parking area, are they wireless or hard wired?
If they are wireless, thats the problem there
Most wireless instruments these days are in the 2.4 Ghz frequency area
and you are probably picking up some stray signals from the cameras
signal to it node

You may want to try binding the radios there and hope that the frequency
the setups pick are nowhere near the cameras frequencies

rajiex
2012.01.07, 12:34 PM

Tom, I had a similar problem with new motors. The car would get a twitch and shoot either left or right when it felt like. I put the car on the stand and ran the two pack of batteries to get the brushes to break in and seat. I watched the servo twitch every once in a while. From what I understood from Sai and Christian, there is a lot of arcing at the beginning of a motor life and that may cause glitching.

After this test, my glitching went away. As for the board itself, I got a new board from Al and everything worked except forward. I had Sai refet the board but it still doesnt work. Still not answer from Kyosho.

Fifty7
2012.01.07, 12:44 PM
Many people had weird things happen last night. New name suggestion for Pan car " Smash and Shovel" what do you think?

I thought the weird thing was that people seemed to become possessed while driving a pan car. The mentality became "the car is low in the front so i'll just go straight through instead of around":eek: So yes I agree with the new name.

Pan Car - that was a blast! It was alot of fun and great racing at that. All cars seem to be around the same speed!

Mod Gt - awesome racing as well.

So the new race program seemed to work as well as move quickly. We started the mains around 10:40. Marshaling for some was an issue but everyone picked the slack.

All classes were a lot of fun and i think it was a big success. Nobody thought we'd fit in 3 classes but it ran very smooth and we finished earlier than usual. Great job.

They are hardwired

Tom, I had a similar problem with new motors.

The only time I had this problem was with the reflex 70T. It was actually undriveable. It was so bad that if i was on throttle the steering didnt work at all but yes after a good break in the problem was gone (and its my new favorite motor).

KA2AEV
2012.01.07, 02:51 PM
Marty

You've Got Mail:D

bermbuster
2012.01.07, 02:54 PM
When I raced with my son we had bind problems too. I felt it was from both of us turning our cars on at the same time. When I was at a few big races we seen bind problems.
One of the most classic instances I remember was at a PN regional. Davey G. lost his bind right before the main. He took his car/controller outside to the corner and rebound. He walked inside got up on the drivers stand and won the A main and set a record for laps/time.....:D

Fifty7
2012.01.09, 12:27 PM

I just confirmed with the person who installed them. Everything is wired. The only wireless equipment they have downstairs is the internet router.

KA2AEV
2012.01.09, 01:38 PM
I just confirmed with the person who installed them. Everything is wired. The only wireless equipment they have downstairs is the internet router.

Thats really strange, there has to be something in or near the building thats
operating on 2.4ghz to create the havoc

Slapstick10
2012.01.09, 01:46 PM
I don't feel it as drastic as Tom. I shut my car and radio and then turned them on and it was fine. Well just have to check it before we race.

hpotter
2012.01.09, 06:34 PM
Well I wouldn't say it was drastic for me as my only issue was when mine and Scotts pan car decided to do the do-si-do together, and the car just losing all power until you got closer or picked it up, but other people had that same problem. My main concern is Doms cars, because I would've sworn it was just him making mistakes after getting flustered because everytime I drove it it was fine, but low and behold by the end of the night I was trying it and it was perfect for 2-3 minutes and then it just went all to crap (exactly what he was complaing about). What makes it even worse is we went to cruzin Saturday and it was like back to normal with him out driving me (very cleanly I must say). So where does this leave us--are we dealing with another issue like the mysterious AM glitch? As far as I know this is also affecting every model type, MR03, MR02 with Helios, EX1-UR and EX5, I don't have a clue as to where to begin to get his cars running consistant.

rajiex
2012.01.10, 10:21 AM
Nice weather on Saturday ruined my racing plans for that night. Really wanting to race.. My wife made my pull the track up from the basement so that the kids could play..tried it in the garage, track gets to cold and loose. trying some different bodies to see how they change performance. got some cars running on K20 narrows on rear.