PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47

ActionRC
2012.03.12, 12:04 PM
What a great day! After 8 hours of work, I can't wait to leave and come home. After 14 hours at the track, if we wanted to have an enduro afterwards I would have. The hours mean nothing to me when I am racing. I could go non-stop and do it again the next day. (I love this hobby so much! It was nice to unwind at Kilmeyer's after the race as well!)

Aside from Edel blowing a board, everyone seemed to have a pretty good day with few problems. I didn't see anyone have any major problems, and there were so many highlites and laughs that the day was a pleasure.

Marty, you were instrumental in getting the new system up and running, and we could not have done it without you. Thank you to Scott for picking up where I left off, and also for coordinating my gift. That really blew my away. As if I am not an emotional mess to begin with at the excitement of everyone getting together to do what we all love, to surprise me like that just knocked me off my feet. I was really touched. Thank you all so much, again. That meant alot.

Everyone who coordinated the event like Scott, Marty, Tom, Harley, Jeff, Raj, Maj, and others - you all did a great job getting things up and running Saturday and the days leading up to the event. It was also great to see old faces return.

Thank you to all of the sponsors as well - Atomic, Kyosho, DG Designs, PN Racing, Brownie's Hobbies - everyone who made the day so special.

Highlites for me...
- Watching the boys play football outside ALL DAY. They will NEVER forget these innocent days of hanging out with dad and friends, racing and playing.
- Slapping a new body and tires on the car Friday night and actually having it run really well all day. I just wish Jim and I had the chance to see who would have crossed the line first in the C if he didn't get in a crash. He was definitely catching me for the win.
- Surprise M&M cookies and delicious pastrami from Towne Deli.
- Seeing EMU's new printed body - that is such amazing technology.
- Roland almost winning $100 and being able to goof on him about it!
- Competitive races all day.
- Seeing over 30+ guys crammed into a space the size of my bedroom and still not looking all that uncomfortable!
- Team Golddust getting a new radio.
- A nice, cold Blue Moon at Kilmeyers while being completely ignored by three waitresses.

Can't wait to do it again! :D

rajiex
2012.03.12, 12:41 PM
What a great day!
- A nice, cold Blue Moon at Kilmeyers while being completely ignored by three waitresses.
Can't wait to do it again! :D
You didnt have a trophy to get them to come over.

Scott,
I had a great time. You told me to would be over by 7:00pm. Now I know to plan better. It was the first time, I got to stay till the end. I loved watching the videos, and see how many mistakes I made. I thought I was Golddusted but I made more errors than I thought. Matt and Alex ran great races, I thought I had them both but I will have to wait till next time. Marty and Maj, you should be very proud not for their exceptional driving skills but for their courtesy and respect for all their racers. They shook everyone's hand and actually waited when they caused a crash. They are very both well mannered children that stayed cool and collected and that is why they beat me.

On a side note, When I saw the posting for the narrow class I thought Skinny meant narrow tires all around. I was having such a bad day with that class until Nat asked why I was running narrow rears. Little did I know that you could run wides in the rear. I ripped apart my great narrow trying to get a skinny setup working when my original setup was good enough to beat Al and Jamil once. Next time Scott, I am going to ask more questions and you better like it.

Slapstick10
2012.03.12, 02:04 PM
Eugene was absolutely correct. My intention was to send invitations but I got consumed with the new lap counter. It was an overlook that won't happen again. If the title influenced anyone to not race ...I apologize.

Raj... Same concept....sorry bro!

There were so many people who had a hand in this event....I really don't think I could name them all.....I'll probably forget someone. I believe this was a community effort....as it should be. This is the people's track. We all make the decisions. I know I scared a few with the sudden lap counter upgrade but in my heart I believed it will make us better. Evolution is going to happen weather we take part in it or not. Ilap has ensured me that the summer program will take off on schedule. If it succeeds or not is up to you guys,

Now ....our point series is one week from being over. junior ,maj and I have been talking about an interstate point series between tracks on the same layout. I'm looking forward to this.....it's something different!

Fifty7
2012.03.12, 02:10 PM
Marty and Maj, you should be very proud not for their exceptional driving skills but for their courtesy and respect for all their racers. They shook everyone's hand and actually waited when they caused a crash. They are very both well mannered children that stayed cool and collected and that is why they beat me.

Thanks Raj, I will pass it along, he will be glad to hear it. My problem with him is he still doesn't completely understand the whole qualifying process and then he gets upset because he thinks he's racing with people that he knows are better than him. The last couple of Fridays have been quiet and he's been forced to drive with better drivers so I think that's helped him improve. He really did drive well on Saturday.

ShortBus
2012.03.12, 02:23 PM
Had a great day despite still being tired :(

Still think Marty had a good shot at taking the "A" !!

Fifty7
2012.03.12, 02:44 PM
Had a great day despite still being tired :(

Still think Marty had a good shot at taking the "A" !!

Yeah cause you would've bumped if you won, right? :p

I would tell you where to go but due to restrictions on the forum it would come out looking something like this @#$%^&**&^%$@. You just wanted my trophy the same way I got the narrow trophy :D

And before anyone thinks either one of us is taking this too serious - inside joke and all in good fun.

ShortBus
2012.03.12, 05:08 PM
lol, sorry but I just had too :)

EMU
2012.03.12, 05:15 PM
Thanks to you and Scott :p
Were you and him fighting for position at that time? I heard him say he couldn't hold you off much longer and i know he was behind me most of the race so I'm assuming you were trying to take second from him.

We were fighting for the lap, not position. I think he wanted you to win, and was trying to hold me back as much as he could... I gave him so much pressure, that he knew I was close to running him off the track in a passing maneuver. :p

I watched the video, and I must have flipped at least 5-6 times in that race. Not many others did, so I guess I just didnt have the right setup, or was driving too hard.

Marty, I never question not taking the bump to the A main. Thats the show. Some want to watch, others want to perform.

Fifty7
2012.03.14, 12:13 PM
We were fighting for the lap, not position. I think he wanted you to win, and was trying to hold me back as much as he could... I gave him so much pressure, that he knew I was close to running him off the track in a passing maneuver. :p

I watched the video, and I must have flipped at least 5-6 times in that race. Not many others did, so I guess I just didnt have the right setup, or was driving too hard.

Marty, I never question not taking the bump to the A main. Thats the show. Some want to watch, others want to perform.

But now I feel bad. I would've rather raced you to the end. Oh well, We'll do it again in the summer :p

lol, sorry but I just had too :)

I know you did

ruf993
2012.03.14, 03:27 PM
Wow!! what a Day....

Would Like to say thanks to the guys at Action RC crew (Scott,Al, Slick Family, etc) for great day. I always say going to other people races is more fun then hosting your own...:p

Congrats to all the winners!!

See ya at the next big race....

Maj
ceo
majsrc.com

Fifty7
2012.03.16, 12:57 PM
Scott - What are we doing for the 3rd class after this point series is over?

Slapstick10
2012.03.16, 02:39 PM
For me the bump is the trophy! What I usually do is bump give it my best shot and when I fall two laps to the leader yield the way. If you bump you deserve to be there. Part of being a a good driver is being a better defensive. If i'm driving slower then Eugene but on the same lap the burdon to pass clean is his. If he drives through me there is a great argument for being a hack. If i'm down in laps and not moving out of his way im being an idiot.

3rd class....have no clue...lets chat about it at the track tonight.

Maj....I'm glad you had a good time and ty for all your help. I agree with you ...I'd rather go to events..lol

OffTheWall329
2012.03.16, 04:24 PM
SC USA
CHASSIS – Kyosho MR-01, MR-015, MR-02 or MR-03 only, 94mm wheelbase
BODY – 94mm ASCs with minimal/no modifications only, no lexan windows or wings
ELECTRONICS – Mini-Z boards only
BATTERIES – AAA only
MOTOR – unopened, unmodified Atomic USA only
SUSPENSION – open
WHEELS – MR only

we run this at Cruizin's and its a lot of fun.

rajiex
2012.03.16, 06:42 PM
Maybe an all Italain, German or Asian class..Any wheelbase with Atomic 60T. Or LM hasnt been ran in a while.

KA2AEV
2012.03.16, 10:15 PM
Nascar :d

ActionRC
2012.03.20, 05:06 PM
CANNOT WAIT TO RACE TOMORROW! Let's get a great turnout! The track's been a little quiet since people raced the 'Nats. Let's get some good numbers tomorrow and have a great Wednesday night! Come racing everyone!!! The more people, the better the racing! COME!!!! :eek:

Slapstick10
2012.03.21, 06:36 AM
As of next week we will be closed on Tuesday for practice! We will open for practice on Monday's 7-10 as it used be.

I'm also a victim of being drained from the winternats! I had no interest in mini z untill I drove Paul's backup car. This guys backup car is better then any car I ever owned. So I had an 03 sitting in my box and rebuilt it. It's the best car I have right now. I think my fast lap was a 5.8. I'm probably taking the night off thanks to Al. I need the break! But well see what happens !

Fifty7
2012.03.21, 08:16 AM
CANNOT WAIT TO RACE TOMORROW! Let's get a great turnout! The track's been a little quiet since people raced the 'Nats. Let's get some good numbers tomorrow and have a great Wednesday night! Come racing everyone!!! The more people, the better the racing! COME!!!! :eek:

Ditto to that on Friday!! :D

So I had an 03 sitting in my box and rebuilt it. It's the best car I have right now.

Did you figure out what the problem was with the car from Friday??

Slapstick10
2012.03.21, 08:43 AM
The diagnosis was correct. The motor tab broke and was resting on the metal. It was held close by the resister.

rajiex
2012.03.21, 10:58 AM
As of next week we will be closed on Tuesday for practice! We will open for practice on Monday's 7-10 as it used be.

I'm also a victim of being drained from the winternats!

Hopefully, I will be racing tonite. It was weird I too had no interest in even looking at my miniZ after the winternats. I have decided to downsize my fleet, I will be posting soon on the marketplace all my 02s and one AWD. Too much maintenance in keeping 8 cars in running order.

Fifty7
2012.03.22, 12:44 PM
The diagnosis was correct. The motor tab broke and was resting on the metal. It was held close by the resister.

Good thing it didn't short out and completely blow up. Although it would have looked cool smokin down the straight away. :eek:

J-Milz
2012.03.22, 03:33 PM
It felt good to get back out there to race the minis once again from almost a month layoff. I was trying hard to keep on pace for the big show but the luck of Irish was not in my favor. :eek: So I had to settle for the B. Where my bad luck and frustrations came to a head forcing me to pull off. Good run Paul, I was looking forward to the dog fight.

Slapstick10
2012.03.23, 03:32 PM
Wow is it friday already..... This has been one hard week with work and all. Thankfully I get to run a little car to make me all happy again!

ActionRC
2012.03.23, 04:28 PM
I am sitting here at work glassy-eyed. I'm done. I cannot wait to wake up and race!!!

Had a great time Wednesday. Paul is running really well. I hit 43 laps in quals. Can't remember what I hit in the main. Car is not as quick as others but very smooth and driveable. Scott and Nat are much quicker and punchier - until Scott punches every corner on the left side of the track. "Get glasses, Alice!"

I was disappointed that Jamil and Danny pulled off. They had good runs all night, and I would like to have seen their results of sticking with the main to see if they would have gotten caught back up after a wreck or two.

See y'all later. :p

danny250r
2012.03.23, 06:04 PM
I am sitting here at work glassy-eyed. I'm done. I cannot wait to wake up and race!!!

Had a great time Wednesday. Paul is running really well. I hit 43 laps in quals. Can't remember what I hit in the main. Car is not as quick as others but very smooth and driveable. Scott and Nat are much quicker and punchier - until Scott punches every corner on the left side of the track. "Get glasses, Alice!"

I was disappointed that Jamil and Danny pulled off. They had good runs all night, and I would like to have seen their results of sticking with the main to see if they would have gotten caught back up after a wreck or two.

See y'all later. :p

T-plate was busted:mad::mad:

J-Milz
2012.03.23, 08:25 PM
What can i say.....It was just one of those days! I wanted to get away, and relieve some stress by racing, only to become more aggravated by my performance.. I felt that if I could just get one clean run I could get 43 or perhaps 44 laps, and run with the cleaner guys in the A, but it just didn't happen for me. The car was more than capable to do run the laps, but the most I could muster was 42, and that happen in the second qual with just a few crashes. In the main once I got smacked on the 1st lap. I thought ok I can still get Paul who was almost 1/2 track ahead of me. But after the second then third crash that put me a lap down I gave up, rather than continue to get angry at toy cars. I felt my decision was the better choice.

Slapstick10
2012.03.24, 05:08 PM
Jamil I know your frustration all to well. You my friend are on the bubble as al told me so many times. Your way better then the main you were in but the higher main your on the cusp. You fell victim to driving with guys you shouldn't have. That main you was in was a hack fest. So not only did you have to drive good but be extremely lucky not to get in a tussle as well. I will upgrade your ranking in the computer next time you come , hopefully it will sought you up higher.

I'm all gittie and can't wait to say it. I my friends won the A Main mod gt and narrow last night!!! My mosler is just unbelievable. And my narrow it's great I just hate the class.

KA2AEV
2012.03.26, 03:35 PM
Man its been a busy few weeks
Had a blast at the Winternats Scott
THANK YOU for doing such a great program
We can't wait for the Spring/Summer Nats!

If anyone knows anyone who has atleast 2 spare 2.4 boards
forsale

PLEASE let me know, I need them now!:D

OffTheWall329
2012.03.26, 03:58 PM
i have them for you mike.

KA2AEV
2012.03.26, 05:42 PM
You've Got Mail:eek:

Fifty7
2012.03.30, 02:05 PM
I'm all gittie and can't wait to say it. I my friends won the A Main mod gt and narrow last night!!! My mosler is just unbelievable. And my narrow it's great I just hate the class.

You had a great run but i hope you took care of the wide car for tonight. I finished 1 second behind you, tonight I finish in front of you. :D

Too bad the race will be for 2nd & 3rd when Nat switches back to the LM :p

Hopefully my narrow is worked out. I broke in the new motor yesterday. The steering glitch is almost gone.

KA2AEV
2012.03.31, 08:24 AM
Stopped by the track yesterday for a quick visit and we
watched a few races
Man someones car looked terrific :rolleyes:
and
Someones car looked really terrible , (He couldn't make 49 laps!):eek:

WOW:D

Wonder who these drivers were! ;)

By The Way, who won the bet?

KA2AEV
2012.03.31, 08:54 AM
QUESTION!!!

I think the third class is Pan Car for the new series
Does the motor have to be 70t or is it unrestricted?

Fifty7
2012.03.31, 11:57 AM
QUESTION!!!

I think the third class is Pan Car for the new series
Does the motor have to be 70t or is it unrestricted?

Pan class is over. Theres only been 3 of us running for the past 2 weeks. We haven't decided on the next 3rd class yet.

I know who youre talking about and not 100% sure but I think if you bet "against" you lost. Lol. Oh and your comment before you left about me not finishing in front of a certain someone else? That was the 1st qualifier. The "A" main win went to me this week and with 7 cars it was no easy task. :p:D

Slapstick10
2012.03.31, 12:11 PM
Kudos to marty on a great race. His car looked great in the main. My 49 in the first qual was probably the best I ever drove in my life. The main with seven cars is tough.... Man was it tough. You avoid and accident to get caught up in another one. It was alot of fun! Not to go into detail but I felt a big difference in my car from the 1st qual to the main.

I'm bored! I might visit cruising tonight I'm on the fence about it. Cause I was planning on 360 tomorro.

KA2AEV
2012.04.01, 09:24 AM
Oh and your comment before you left about me not finishing in front of a certain someone else? That was the 1st qualifier. The "A" main win went to me this week and with 7 cars it was no easy task. :p:D

WOW
considering how I saw Scott driving, he looked unbeatable
Just to show you that that the mains are the ones that really count!

BTW how many laps did Mr.You Know Who actually do?:D
Does anyone know?

ActionRC
2012.04.02, 04:47 PM
Fun racing Friday! My car is smooth but needs a little more punch. Will play with gearing Wednesday. Don't forget tonight (Monday) is open practice. Test and Tune!

I was thinking of starting a program called "Pop-Up Practice". Let's just say it's Sunday afternoon, it's raining, nothing to do, and you feel like running some laps with the Mini-Z. I'd like to text everyone who is a regular at the track (so I don't mind you having my cell #) and announce a Pop-Up Practice by text from x:00 - y:00 and people can show up and practice if they're bored too. Anyone with a key can do it and open (Me, Scott, Paul, Marty, or Jeff) and we can text the group and announce the Pop-Up Practice. It can be any time, any day, any hours. I guess the only condition would be if it's very hot and not worth running the A/C for a small number of people. Maybe it could be $10 if under a certain amount of people come and $5 if over that number come. Could be a way to get more track time on a more flexible schedule, and bring a few more dollars to the track. Any thoughts?

Slapstick10
2012.04.02, 06:32 PM
Ive been thinkings about the 3rd class! I have an idea! Its alittle far out there but will be fun I think. How about a trailer pull? any chassis or length you want. you have to build a hitch to pull a pinewood car with 2 wheels around the track. you can use any body you want....a beater body would be perfect. the cost for the class is low and probably alot of fun. Any thoughts?:D

Fifty7
2012.04.03, 08:35 AM
Ive been thinkings about the 3rd class! I have an idea! Its alittle far out there but will be fun I think. How about a trailer pull? any chassis or length you want. you have to build a hitch to pull a pinewood car with 2 wheels around the track. you can use any body you want....a beater body would be perfect. the cost for the class is low and probably alot of fun. Any thoughts?:D

April fools?!?! :eek:

ActionRC
2012.04.04, 09:35 AM
I say you have to pull Mini-Z body with an Autoscale dummy chassis, though - it would look scale and cooler. Wacky stuff is always fun. Building and designing the trailer would be fun. As always, when it comes to weird, cheap stuff, I'm in.

OR

Mini-Z boats come with trailers and hitches - and they fit the Overland perfectly! Spec Trailer Overland Class! :D

Fifty7
2012.04.04, 11:45 AM
I say you have to pull Mini-Z body with an Autoscale dummy chassis, though - it would look scale and cooler. Wacky stuff is always fun. Building and designing the trailer would be fun. As always, when it comes to weird, cheap stuff, I'm in.

OR

Mini-Z boats come with trailers and hitches - and they fit the Overland perfectly! Spec Trailer Overland Class! :D

That's not a bad idea. The pinewood car scares me because of the weight & strain on the cars electronics. Either way all of these ideas are a marshalling nightmare :eek:

KA2AEV
2012.04.04, 05:37 PM

How would the dummy chassis turn around the curves, or we talking about straight out and out tractor pulling rules, which mean straights?

Why not drag racing?

GREGDGR81
2012.04.04, 07:49 PM
What about a good old fashion drag race!!!!!!!!!! Down the staight and move the lap counter at the finish line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slapstick10
2012.04.05, 09:15 AM
Well here's my thoughts. I have entertained all the ideas al mentioned but all come with a stiff price tag. My pinewood trailer idea has minimal investment and I think would be fun. I think the only rule would be to use the pinewood blocks we have at the track and wheels supplied with said car. Now as for wheels and traction... Use the pinewood wheels with your choice of mini z tire stretched over the existing wheel. Rt246 tape is strong enough to hold. This would be a coarse race not a drag race. 2 minute quals and 4 minute main. No motor rules no chassis restrictions no wing rules.... No weight restriction ... But you have to uses the pinewood car .... The solid piece ... No cutting no dremmeling... You can light sand and paint that's all. If you flip a marshal can fix you but if the trailer disconnects from the car your race is over. Another words trailer hitchs should be made to last. And these are my thoughts.

Fifty7
2012.04.05, 01:16 PM
Well here's my thoughts. I have entertained all the ideas al mentioned but all come with a stiff price tag. My pinewood trailer idea has minimal investment and I think would be fun. I think the only rule would be to use the pinewood blocks we have at the track and wheels supplied with said car. Now as for wheels and traction... Use the pinewood wheels with your choice of mini z tire stretched over the existing wheel. Rt246 tape is strong enough to hold. This would be a coarse race not a drag race. 2 minute quals and 4 minute main. No motor rules no chassis restrictions no wing rules.... No weight restriction ... But you have to uses the pinewood car .... The solid piece ... No cutting no dremmeling... You can light sand and paint that's all. If you flip a marshal can fix you but if the trailer disconnects from the car your race is over. Another words trailer hitchs should be made to last. And these are my thoughts.

But pinewood blocks are made to go straight, not turn. I think we need to test this and see if it will even work. I think leaving the plastic wheels without stretching a tire over it will help the block slide through the turns.

rajiex
2012.04.05, 01:47 PM
I havent been there in a while but I think LM would be nice but with a twist.

Class A drivers are limited to a 70t.
Class B drivers are limited to the Atomic USA (60T).
Class C drivers are open to 50T or 48T

As a training tool, you can show the newer drivers, top speed is not everything. Control is the most important.

Slapstick10
2012.04.05, 02:42 PM
Raj- I'm bored not to take away from LM but ......same old stuff.

Marty- The fun in this is to stimulate imagination. I understand the wood is heavy...thats why maybe someone might want to use an awd car. Or put an awd motor in there 2wd car to handle the load. And the hitch..... its more important then the trailer....with a good hitch you can haul anything you want. And the pinewood trailer you are only required to use 2 out of the 4 wheels. If you want to use 4 go ahead. You dont want to use rubber over the plastic tires its your choice. The only rule is the pinewood block and wheels that come in kit. This is supposed to be fun and its going to be. I believe the best hitch is the car thats going to win.

Slapstick10
2012.04.06, 10:49 AM
Wow its friday and the weather is awesome! The little tikes started there vacation today. And what a better way to start the vacation then an awesome race night. Who's up for some crazy fun racing tonight? We are going to discuss the trailer pull concept in depth. Please try and make it on time we are going to run a tight program tonight. Or if your going to be late please call the track 1-718-966-2175.

We will be running a reverse track this evening.... the lap counter has been moved and ready for some tight twisting fun!

See everyone tonight!!!:D

Fifty7
2012.04.06, 01:07 PM
I havent been there in a while but I think LM would be nice but with a twist.

Class A drivers are limited to a 70t.
Class B drivers are limited to the Atomic USA (60T).
Class C drivers are open to 50T or 48T

As a training tool, you can show the newer drivers, top speed is not everything. Control is the most important.

Raj, I think that's a really good idea, especially the part about showing the new guys that for most people speed isn't everything and can actually hurt you. The only problems i see is (1) the 3rd class hasn't really had enough participation to have even 2 groups, never mind 3 and (2) the C guys in a 48T :)

Hope to see a good crowd tonight and have some good races.

KA2AEV
2012.04.07, 12:11 PM
From what I saw last night
Looked like it was a very Fun night until someone CHEATED on the computer
Im not naming names:eek:
But this driver is V-E-R-Y Computer savy:D
And to move himself into first place after experiencing so many troubles
Well I'll leave the rest to you:rolleyes:

Fifty7
2012.04.07, 09:56 PM
From what I saw last night
Looked like it was a very Fun night until someone CHEATED on the computer
Im not naming names:eek:
But this driver is V-E-R-Y Computer savy:D
And to move himself into first place after experiencing so many troubles
Well I'll leave the rest to you:rolleyes:

Yes I did. It was all in good fun though and only to try and beat Scott who was waving his car under the lap counter :p I did win the A main wide fair and square. 19 drivers and I qualified second only to Rob so thanks to Rob for leaving early and leaving me the pole. :D

KA2AEV
2012.04.07, 10:47 PM
Yes I did. It was all in good fun though and only to try and beat Scott who was waving his car under the lap counter :p I did win the A main wide fair and square. 19 drivers and I qualified second only to Rob so thanks to Rob for leaving early and leaving me the pole. :D

WAIT ONE MINUTE
Scott WOULD NEVER DO Anything like that:eek:
And I have to say I never saw him do that:rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2012.04.09, 08:46 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny any wrong doing. The video tape shows a white male , middle aged playing with the computer during said incident.

Now as for reports of me swiping my car repeatedly across the counter. I have a rare and unusual medical condition that while not properly medicated my arm swings like a pendulum right to left.

Tracks open tonight for test n tune. I'll be taking advantage of practice to fabricate a trailer hitch!!!!

KA2AEV
2012.04.09, 09:41 AM
I can neither confirm nor deny any wrong doing. The video tape shows a white male , middle aged playing with the computer during said incident.

Now as for reports of me swiping my car repeatedly across the counter. I have a rare and unusual medical condition that while not properly medicated my arm swings like a pendulum right to left.

Tracks open tonight for test n tune. I'll be taking advantage of practice to fabricate a trailer hitch!!!!

I thought there was a simple explaination for your arm swinging
I didn't think that there were any complications to safe guarding your car when your arm spamisms like that. Maybe the ILAP is too sensitive?:D

Im done installing the new boards, so I need some real practice now!
See Yunz Later!

Slapstick10
2012.04.09, 02:20 PM
Can't wait till practice tonight! Try me new trailer hitch. See everone later

Slapstick10
2012.04.09, 10:37 PM
Wow.... My trailer is awesome!! Consistent 10-11 second laps!!! Fast lap so far is a 10.187!! Another words Marty whatcha got????

KA2AEV
2012.04.12, 04:38 PM
Will the trailer races bein this Friday or do we have a awhile?

Slapstick10
2012.04.13, 08:37 AM
The trailer pull will begin next Friday. I wanted to make sure it could be done first. My trailer is on my pit table attached to the car for all to see. I also bought extra hitch supplies if you having problems with yours. I was thinking about 1 minute individual qualifiers for the trailers but it's not in gold it can be changed.

Anyway it's Friday and I got mini z on the mind!! Charge em up slap em in and lets go!!!!
See everyone tonight!!!

KA2AEV
2012.04.14, 03:41 PM
Very exciting night last night at the track
Have some more self training and adjusting of the new
transmitter and need to get my 02 back in shape
I changed something on it and not sure what it was!

Was really exciting to watch such a "CLEAN" race in the A
main last night!:D

Fifty7
2012.04.15, 01:09 AM
Was really exciting to watch such a "CLEAN" race in the A
main last night!:D

I didn't seem to have a problem. :D

KA2AEV
2012.04.15, 06:05 AM
I didn't seem to have a problem. :D

You were'nt the one screaming like a Girl :eek:

Slapstick10
2012.04.20, 12:51 PM
Ok its friday and race night. Trailer pulls will start tonight.

This is the way I would like to work it. Each racer will have there own individual 1 minute qualifier. No traffic.... the other racers will marshal while waiting to qualifie. There will be a 4 minute main 4 trailers per. Any questions? or thoughts lets here them!!!!

Looking forward to making Tom skreetch!!!!!!

KA2AEV
2012.04.20, 04:32 PM
Looking forward to making Tom skreetch!!!!!!
STOP
I cannot take it
My ears still hurt from last week!:)

Fifty7
2012.04.23, 12:45 PM
The SUV is cool again.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/22/lamborghini-urus-super-suv-officially-unveiled-in-china/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl6|sec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D154155

KA2AEV
2012.04.23, 07:57 PM
What happened with the trailer pull contest om Friday?

Slapstick10
2012.04.24, 10:16 AM
What happened with the trailer pull contest om Friday?

There was only 3 of us but it was fun. I'm sure there will be more next time.

On a different note we have a new layout.....pretty interesting!

ActionRC
2012.04.24, 05:19 PM
The new layout is really cool - bigger and a little faster. Most of you should have gotten my text of it last night.

I finally blew my almost 1 year old PN 50° motor! I had no brushes left, and the comm was wayyy worn! Great motor! I put an Atomic 48° in now - Wow! I am fast! Stay out of my way! (Actually, the car is so smooth with the speed and Mosler body. It feels very much like Paul's car - I can't believe it!)

Can't wait to race!!! Nat, Paul, Scott, Danny and I had a fun practice night Monday. I like the new layout alot.

Trailer racing looks fun - I'll have to put one together. :D

KA2AEV
2012.04.24, 09:48 PM
Personally the way this week is dragging
I really cannot wait til Friday

I really feel the need
The Need for Speed:D

ShortBus
2012.04.26, 05:17 PM
anyone have an old PN adjustable motor mount they would be willing to part with. Was looking for the Version I were the damper post didn't have the channel lock.

OffTheWall329
2012.04.26, 05:44 PM
yeah Jeff. I think I have one.

Fifty7
2012.04.26, 09:09 PM
ok so i decided to try and work on my steering twitch in the narrow car. Took it apart cleaned the gears, turned it on (before putting it back together) and the steering servo motor won't stop spinning. Any ideas? can that motor go or is it more likely the electronics controlling it? Fets? Potentiometer?

ShortBus
2012.04.27, 04:34 PM
do they have that little tiny brass washer in the 03's? I know if that falls out in an 02 it will do basically the same thing

Fifty7
2012.04.27, 05:50 PM
do they have that little tiny brass washer in the 03's? I know if that falls out in an 02 it will do basically the same thing

I think so. But I didn't take the gears apart so Im pretty sure it's not that.

KA2AEV
2012.04.28, 11:31 PM
Marty is this an 02 or an 03 chassis?

blt456
2012.04.29, 12:52 PM
I think so. But I didn't take the gears apart so Im pretty sure it's not that.

Hi, the 03 does not have any servo gear spacers like the 02.
Whenever I have some weird electric problem, I just rebind my car and that usually works. Maybe it will work for you.

Fifty7
2012.04.30, 08:10 AM
Marty is this an 02 or an 03 chassis?

Hi, the 03 does not have any servo gear spacers like the 02.
Whenever I have some weird electric problem, I just rebind my car and that usually works. Maybe it will work for you.

It is an 03 Chassis. Took it to the track Friday to work on it and it is completely dead. No power whatsoever, doesn't smell like anything's burnt, all the wires look good. Have no idea what to do with it now other than starting with a new board.

rajiex
2012.04.30, 09:23 AM
The new layout is really cool - bigger and a little faster. Most of you should have gotten my text of it last night.

I finally blew my almost 1 year old PN 50° motor! I had no brushes left, and the comm was wayyy worn! Great motor! I put an Atomic 48° in now - Wow! I am fast! Stay out of my way! (Actually, the car is so smooth with the speed and Mosler body. It feels very much like Paul's car - I can't believe it!)

Can't wait to race!!! Nat, Paul, Scott, Danny and I had a fun practice night Monday. I like the new layout alot.

Trailer racing looks fun - I'll have to put one together. :D

Its been a long time since I came out for a Friday nite racing. Al, your wide car looked good but the narrow needs some speed. I bumped down from the A main just to race with you. Is it me or did the track feel smoother than it used to be?

KA2AEV
2012.04.30, 11:53 AM
Marty Check your PM's

Slapstick10
2012.04.30, 12:48 PM
Hi all! So Ihave finally experienced the worst weekend I ever had in RC in my life. I went to Blue Diamond for the weekend with Rob B and Mike Cruz. Whattta mess!!!! I never really realized how important the race directors job is. Being spoiled with good announcers is a good thing I've learned. I ended up very frustrated and leaving saturday night before the mains. I brike down in every qualifier except one. Track temp and track conditions were the sabortore's here.

Anyway moving on....I missed my mini z.:cool:

can't wait to race the little buggers!!!!!!!!:)

Remember all the track is open for practice tonight 7-10pm

J-Milz
2012.05.02, 09:19 PM
That sux! Especially when I saw you breaking the car down last wednesday to prepare for the race. How did Rob, Austin and Mike do? I'm looki g forward to racing the Z's Friday. I hope there is a big crowd!

Kevin S.
2012.05.03, 09:22 AM
It felt real good to get to the track last night and get some racing in. It had been way too long since the last time I raced. It was great to see everyone who was there and I can't wait to do it again.

Also, a big Thank You to Scott for helping me set up my cars on the Eurus.

See everyone real soon :D

Slapstick10
2012.05.03, 01:00 PM
That sux! Especially when I saw you breaking the car down last wednesday to prepare for the race. How did Rob, Austin and Mike do? I'm looki g forward to racing the Z's Friday. I hope there is a big crowd!

Well my friend Austin didn't go and Rob left saturday morning before mains. Cruz stuck it out and placed B main in sedan...putting up an impressive 20 laps just one lap down from a few Novarossi and Serpent drivers. We just couldn't get the tires to hook up. Cruz was running foams and we were running rubber. 40 degree's is tough to get a tire made for summer to hook up.

It felt real good to get to the track last night and get some racing in. It had been way too long since the last time I raced. It was great to see everyone who was there and I can't wait to do it again.

Also, a big Thank You to Scott for helping me set up my cars on the Eurus.

See everyone real soon :D

Your welcome!!!! I found myself looking at Kevin like I would look at my son on xmass morning. The look on his face with his first lap with the Eurus was priceless. He couldn't believe the difference from the Helios to the Eurus.

So Wednesday Night racing has been slow but we had a decent turnout last night. I was very consistant with 47 laps in the quals. I ran my F1 in the 3rd qual...lol put up 42 but it is fun to drive. I hope we have a good night friday. We have had a lot of MIA racers! Some seem to be straggling back. Don't forget the track we need the support!

Fifty7
2012.05.03, 01:18 PM
I hope we have a good night friday. We have had a lot of MIA racers! Some seem to be straggling back. Don't forget the track we need the support!

Is Jeff opening tomorrow night?

KA2AEV
2012.05.03, 01:40 PM
And By The way Marty wants to know when the doors will be opening:D

Fifty7
2012.05.03, 02:15 PM
And By The way Marty wants to know when the doors will be opening:D

Marty don't ask that anymore. :p

I actually just wanted to make sure Scott don't need me to open because i might be a little late. I have to drop my kids off in Tom's River in rush hour, so should be fun. :eek:

rajiex
2012.05.03, 03:57 PM
So Wednesday Night racing has been slow but we had a decent turnout last night. I was very consistant with 47 laps in the quals. I ran my F1 in the 3rd qual...lol put up 42 but it is fun to drive. I hope we have a good night friday. We have had a lot of MIA racers! Some seem to be straggling back. Don't forget the track we need the support!

Wed nite racing was fun. There were only 3 laps seperating the A & B mains. 48 was TQ and four B-main drivers pulled a solid 45. Might have to listen to Al & Nat that you should not tinker with the car right before the mains.

KA2AEV
2012.05.03, 04:18 PM
I have to drop my kids off in Tom's River in rush hour, so should be fun. :eek:

That might get a little messy
The last time I heard of someone dropping their kids off in a river in NJ
There was a Police Persuit:rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2012.05.03, 06:23 PM
OK so Maj has posted:
Originally Posted by ruf993
Ok the Date is set on the MiniZ racer Calendar...

ECDR will be on June 9th 2012

Race Rules/Classes/Entry fees soon will follow with in the next few weeks.

regards
Maj
CEO
majsrc.com

We will have a signup sheet at the track!!!
Marty he didnt mention he wouldnt but im available anyway. Enjoy dumping your kids off in a river in NJ!:p:D

KA2AEV
2012.05.05, 01:26 AM
Wow what a night :rolleyes:
Great night of racing Im finally getting the hang of the new controller
now Think a few more minor changes and some more practice and
I'll be getting better

Slapstick10
2012.05.05, 11:23 AM
Daily Blotter

5/4/12 Un known male Caucasian of Tottenville , Staten Island. Drunkenly passes out on a balcony at presumed in blackout. ATF officials quickly contain scene and out line subject for photos. Also found at scene was 3 spent beer caps and bottle in hand. Subject was lead out by track officials and drove home by a close family friend.

I love RC again!!! What a fun night! A and B mains seem to be closer then ever.

Honorable Mention * very impressed with Dominicks poise last night.... Great Job!

Mike Sam * I'm glad that that radio is doing you write....your driving shows it!

Fifty7
2012.05.05, 12:01 PM
Daily Blotter

5/4/12 Un known male Caucasian of Tottenville , Staten Island. Drunkenly passes out on a balcony at presumed in blackout. ATF officials quickly contain scene and out line subject for photos. Also found at scene was 3 spent beer caps and bottle in hand. Subject was lead out by track officials and drove home by a close family friend.

I love RC again!!! What a fun night! A and B mains seem to be closer then ever.

Honorable Mention * very impressed with Dominicks poise last night.... Great Job!

Mike Sam * I'm glad that that radio is doing you write....your driving shows it!

It was an "interesting" night to say the least. :p
Can't wait to do it again

ShortBus
2012.05.05, 05:45 PM
I would love to do it again, but I'm sure certain "individuals" may have a different opinion :)

Hey, just wanted to give everyone first shot before going on the for sale thread. Selling my Pan Car (MR-03), this was a Rob B car and is simply awesome. Please contact me by PM if you might be interested. Will include a few options to run as either pan or 98mm.

Jeff

Slapstick10
2012.05.09, 11:37 AM
We'll its wednesday.....motorcycles are in!

Racing tonight...can't wait!

Kevin S.
2012.05.09, 11:50 AM
Hoping to get out of work on time tonight. I need my racing fix. I am going through withdrawals :eek:

rajiex
2012.05.09, 01:24 PM
We'll its wednesday.....Racing tonight...can't wait!

Cant wait..I am now gunning for Al instead of just focusing on Paul.. I hope the layout is same..Kevin, maybe we can do another 45 lap qualifier again. I heard it was hard to keep that pace on Friday nite.

Kevin S.
2012.05.09, 05:22 PM
Cant wait..I am now gunning for Al instead of just focusing on Paul.. I hope the layout is same..Kevin, maybe we can do another 45 lap qualifier again. I heard it was hard to keep that pace on Friday nite.

Hopefully I get out of work shortly Raj. Have a few more things to finish up before I leave. Then we can try for another 45 Lap Qualifier again :)

rajiex
2012.05.10, 05:59 AM
Two weeks in a row, dropping a 45 lap qualifier. This week hit a fast lap of 5.944 and legitimately qualified for the A-main. What a disaster, ruined the race for Nat (Sorry :(). Have to work on running my race instead of just stopping when the leaders come flying around me. Broke the Mosler body but the 599 was feeling great.

Slapstick10
2012.05.10, 07:11 AM
Two weeks in a row, dropping a 45 lap qualifier. This week hit a fast lap of 5.944 and legitimately qualified for the A-main. What a disaster, ruined the race for Nat (Sorry :(). Have to work on running my race instead of just stopping when the leaders come flying around me. Broke the Mosler body but the 599 was feeling great.

That 599 was feeling great last nite. The car is not overwhelmingly fast and can handle the throttle on exit. Clean is fast! Congrats on your break out nite in the hi 5's and the A Main! I drove a bunch of different cars last nite and all the setups are so different but the cars are awesome. I believe that Action as a whole is just getting better at setting up cars. Winning the A Main is based on 3 parts.

1- setup of car
2- driving
3- a lot of luck

Nat by far is faster then me however factor in 4 drivers into the 50 hundreds of a second per lap and it's anyone's race. You can't predict human response! I put up 48 laps in the second qualifier with no traffic. My goal just as a competitive racer is to beat nat in a dual. The left side of the track seems to still be my week side but I'm going to keep pushing to succeed at my goal!

GTR driver
2012.05.11, 03:58 AM
That 599 was feeling great last nite. The car is not overwhelmingly fast and can handle the throttle on exit. Clean is fast! Congrats on your break out nite in the hi 5's and the A Main! I drove a bunch of different cars last nite and all the setups are so different but the cars are awesome. I believe that Action as a whole is just getting better at setting up cars. Winning the A Main is based on 3 parts.

1- setup of car
2- driving
3- a lot of luck

Nat by far is faster then me however factor in 4 drivers into the 50 hundreds of a second per lap and it's anyone's race. You can't predict human response! I put up 48 laps in the second qualifier with no traffic. My goal just as a competitive racer is to beat nat in a dual. The left side of the track seems to still be my week side but I'm going to keep pushing to succeed at my goal!

Congrats on the win scott! I'm just glad my car was able to run well again.

KA2AEV
2012.05.11, 03:17 PM
Man Its Friday and Im stuck at work!:mad::(

Keep it off the walls :)

Slapstick10
2012.05.12, 06:05 PM
:DHad awesome fun last night! I'm really starting to enjoy my little tear on the A Main! A lot of old faces to return to racing was encouraging!

I went to maj's today for a little test n tune;) glad I did it was nice to check out another track and see some old friends!

rajiex
2012.05.15, 01:33 PM
Cant wait for Wednesday.. Want to see if I can make a threepeat on 45.. Trying some different setups for a 70t wide.. Not sure of Shorttail Mclaren @ 98 or 360 @ 94..

rajiex
2012.05.17, 07:44 AM
Not as good as last week. Only 44 in qualifying. But put up 60 in the 7 minute main. Bumped Paul to take 2nd from him. Sorry.. Interesting driving between Al, Paul, Kevin & Me..almost anyone could have taken the win.

Side Note: Anyone have a lexan PN body that I can borrow for Maj's EDC. Running all 4 classes and I know how we hate the 70t motor.

Going to Cruzin on Friday to get my T-Maxx back. then I am going to run over Scott's TT01. If anyone needs anything let me know.

Slapstick10
2012.05.17, 11:27 AM
Omg!!! Jonathon is back from school and raced last night. This the way that went...
Qualifier 1
Scott 48
Danny 49
Johnathon 50

Qualifier 2
Scott 50 ( 1 second shy of 51)
Danny 49
Johnathon 50

Qualifier 3
Scott 49
Danny 49
Johnathon 51

Another words johnathon kicked my butt in the main!
Two things went through my mind. 1- is it September yet and 2- it's going to be a long summer.

Awesome racing last night!

ActionRC
2012.05.17, 12:28 PM
I've been so busy at work that I haven't gotten to check the forum that often, but I can say that the racing has been awesome over the last few weeks! The former C group, which is now the regular B group, has improved tremendously, like Paul, Raj, Kev, etc. I finally hit the 5's last night, but Raj truly did hit it before me. Everyone has been tweaking the cars and making them better and better! There has never been a time that I was not excited to race, but lately, I look forward to it more and more. I also can't wait to start running the "big" cars outside!!! Do we have the greatest hobby or what!? How lucky are we to be able to race 2-3 times a week, rain or shine, cold or hot, and enjoy the sport that allows us to challenge ourselves and each other?

Looking forward to Friday already!

KA2AEV
2012.05.17, 04:41 PM
Any word if Sunday is going to happen?

Fifty7
2012.05.18, 08:06 AM
Any word if Sunday is going to happen?

Of course it is. It comes after Saturday this week. Next week I'm not sure when Sunday will happen. :D

KA2AEV
2012.05.18, 09:39 AM
Of course it is. It comes after Saturday this week. Next week I'm not sure when Sunday will happen. :D

Okay should have realized how I phrased that question :rolleyes:
And
Should have realized how someone would have answered that question :p
So
Let me ask it in a different way :D

Does anyone know if the TT01 Test and Tune session will be happening on Sunday?

And By The Way Marty
The Following Sunday will come after Saturday but Before Monday!

Fifty7
2012.05.18, 11:25 AM
Okay should have realized how I phrased that question :rolleyes:
And
Should have realized how someone would have answered that question :p
So
Let me ask it in a different way :D

Does anyone know if the TT01 Test and Tune session will be happening on Sunday?

And By The Way Marty
The Following Sunday will come after Saturday but Before Monday!

You know, without a doubt if someone else asked this question you would have answered it the same way :D so don't even try to deny it. Thanks for the info on next Sunday.

ActionRC
2012.05.18, 11:36 AM
Justin has a 10:15 game Sunday (that's after Saturday, right?), and I'll be at the track after that - maybe just after 12. Scott and I talked about it Wednesday. One or both of us will be there. No lap counters - just firehose track and lots of run-time! Can't wait!

I cannot race at Maj's on the 9th or our 1st ourdoor race on the 3rd. Two Christenings! Aarrggghhh!! That's what I get for having a large Italian family and marrying into a large Puerto-Rican family!

Just ordered my Monster Jam tickets for June 19th at MetLife Stadium! This is the first time the monster trucks will be in a large arena in the NYC area. As a monster truck fan since I saw the first Bigfoot, this is a monumental event. What we see on Speed is not what we see at the Izod or Nassau Colliseum. Englishtown comes close, but they run best at football stadiums - and it's finally going to be in NYC! This is a first for me to see them like this, and I highly recommend seeing this event if you like monster trucks. It was my Father's day gift. Very excited!!!

Cannot wait to race tonight!!!!! :)

KA2AEV
2012.05.18, 01:30 PM
You know, without a doubt if someone else asked this question you would have answered it the same way :D so don't even try to deny it. Thanks for the info on next Sunday.

See thats just not right
You make one or maybe two or okay maybe three sarcastic comments and
wait maybe four?
Well anyway you're branded for life
either way
Its just not right

Al
Is the Sunday you are referring to this Sunday, after Saturday
or the next Sunday before Monday?:D

Okay You're right Marty;)

OffTheWall329
2012.05.18, 03:31 PM
On a different note, my company is have a household waste day in staten island this saturday (before sunday) at the staten island mall. I think its lot F. Anything that you can't get rid of in your garbage, bring it there. Even old NiCd batteries (AL!!) they'll take it.

KA2AEV
2012.05.19, 12:38 PM
Im not sure but I think last night was the worse night for Team Golddust
mechanically in its history
From me breaking a rear end to Golddusts electronics problem
to other assorted minor troubles
Man if I didn't know any better
I'd swear that someone threw some bad JuJu at us

Well off to Orange County now to watch The Outlaws Run
YES!!!:D

Seeya Sunday for the TT01 Test n' Tune

Slapstick10
2012.05.20, 09:11 PM
I'm freaken exhausted!!! The test n tune was so much fun!! I tested and observed 6 different sets of tires. What a difference the temperature of the track makes.

Thank you to everyone who came out to test with us!!

Slapstick10
2012.05.21, 12:00 PM
We have a new track layout...thanks to Al!

The 3rd class will be F1 ( Test N Tune for the Maj race )

If you have not signed up for the Maj race and are planning on going please PM him so he can make proper arrangments.

Remember the Track hours!

Monday 7-10 for practice
Wednesday 7- ? Racing what you got!
Friday 6-? Mod GT, Narrow Chassis and F1

rajiex
2012.05.21, 12:48 PM
We have a new track layout...thanks to Al!

The 3rd class will be F1 ( Test N Tune for the Maj race )

If you have not signed up for the Maj race and are planning on going please PM him so he can make proper arrangments.

Remember the Track hours!

Monday 7-10 for practice
Wednesday 7- ? Racing what you got!
Friday 6-? Mod GT, Narrow Chassis and F1

Is it faster or more technical.. Anyone else doing Majs..Maybe carpool up

ActionRC
2012.05.21, 06:03 PM
Yesterday was absolutely great! What an RC weekend! Friday racing was incredible, Saturday I worked on my TT01 and finally got it up and running, and Sunday we were at the track all day and had an awesome time running the M-Chassis' and TT01's! The track size felt perfect, and we had lots of door to door and bumper to bumper racing. The "S" in the middle was my favorite part. I cannot wait to race the big cars again, and can't wait to race Mini-Z's on Wednesday again! I can't race Friday - 15th Anniversary. Or can I...??? :rolleyes: (Who needs a 16th Anniversary anyway!)

Golddust
2012.05.21, 07:56 PM
One thing scott
thanks for taking the time out to do the test,n, tune
i am finally keeping up with rob on the track with the tt01's
i figured out my setup with the t01 car
the turning is just right and the speed is perfect for my type of
racing style
thanks rob for helping me

Slapstick10
2012.05.22, 06:21 AM
Raj the track is more technical. Nats fast lap was 6.1 and mine was 6.3 if you can judge by that. I'm a fan of this track because I've seen Maj do some layouts like this in the past. Those high speed in and outs always give me problems lol. I only ran 40-50 laps. We had a few new guys by to check out the track with some rental cars. I got some much needed cvd's on my gt car as well as some jb weld on my chassis. Trying to get straight to run at Floyd this weekend! Those droop screws eat at the chassis!

I'm glad the test n tune was successful. I had alot of fun!

I'm excited to race wednesday and Friday. The new layout for mini z is awesome. Looking to hit the high 5's with a little luck!!!

rajiex
2012.05.22, 06:51 AM
Raj the track is more technical. Nats fast lap was 6.1 and mine was 6.3 if you can judge by that. I'm a fan of this track because I've seen Maj do some layouts like this in the past. Those high speed in and outs always give me problems lol. I only ran 40-50 laps. We had a few new guys by to check out the track with some rental cars. I got some much needed cvd's on my gt car as well as some jb weld on my chassis. Trying to get straight to run at Floyd this weekend! Those droop screws eat at the chassis!

I'm glad the test n tune was successful. I had alot of fun!

I'm excited to race wednesday and Friday. The new layout for mini z is awesome. Looking to hit the high 5's with a little luck!!!

I hate you, probably going to pick up a tt01 today for Brownies..I got my Tmaxx back and will run over all your cars.. I watched the TT01, its so slow next to my RS4, Serpent, 3 speed Shumacher and Mugen.. Maybe start trading them on RcTech for a SC10 and something else. Nitro is way cooler than Electric. I love the smell of Nitro in the morning. LOL

Kevin S.
2012.05.23, 12:51 PM
It's Wednesday and I cannot wait to race tonight. I can't wait to try the new layout that was put down. It sounds like it is going to be challenging but very fun. Lets get a big turnout out tonight guys.
See everyone later

Kevin S.
2012.05.24, 11:04 AM
Great night of racing last night. My Lexus SC430 felt the best that it has felt in a very long time. The car was very stable and very easy to drive. We had great races all night long between Raj, Paul, Greg, and myself. It was also great to take the bump up and race with the A main guys. Sorry if I got in anyone's way. I was trying to do my best to run my own race but not get in the way of anyone else. I can't wait to do it all over again next week :)

I also want to thank Paul C. for the help with the diff.

ActionRC
2012.05.24, 11:59 AM
Kev - You were far from being in anyone's way! You ran great last night! I needed 9/10th's of a second to catch you, and one second to beat you! (Nat!) Had a blast trying to catch you while still getting my revenge on Nat for slamming me into a cinderblock wall. Wish I could race Friday!

Raj - The point of TT01 is that is is not super-fast. That's what makes the class so great. It is just the right speed for door to door, wheel to wheel, and bumper to bumper racing on a medium sized track. Don't judge the car or it's speed when driving alone. Put two on a track and watch how a) realistic they look, 2) how much fun they are to race at the speed they go, and 3) how even the racing is. Honestly, if Golddust stays off the boards he'll give anyone driving a good run. I have raced A LOT of touring and oval cars, and TT01 is by far the most fun I have ever had racing 1/10th scale. The look of the car and the way they run together - it's the best racing out there. I've always loved Tamiya cars, and this just confirmed my love for them. Good run last night, also. You are definitely "Most Improved" lately, and that Porsche you got is gorgeous. I want one.

Kevin S.
2012.05.24, 12:21 PM
Kev - You were far from being in anyone's way! You ran great last night! I needed 9/10th's of a second to catch you, and one second to beat you! (Nat!) Had a blast trying to catch you while still getting my revenge on Nat for slamming me into a cinderblock wall. Wish I could race Friday! .

Thanks for the kind words Al. I definitely felt that that layout is 94mm friendly (at least for me anyway). I was very surprised with myself that I was able to put a 6.5xx lap down in the main last night. I must have hit that section in front of the drivers stand just right for me to have put that lap time down :D

rajiex
2012.05.24, 04:21 PM
Raj - The point of TT01 is that is is not super-fast. That's what makes the class so great. It is just the right speed for door to door, wheel to wheel, and bumper to bumper racing on a medium sized track. Don't judge the car or it's speed when driving alone. Put two on a track and watch how a) realistic they look, 2) how much fun they are to race at the speed they go, and 3) how even the racing is. Honestly, if Golddust stays off the boards he'll give anyone driving a good run. I have raced A LOT of touring and oval cars, and TT01 is by far the most fun I have ever had racing 1/10th scale. The look of the car and the way they run together - it's the best racing out there. I've always loved Tamiya cars, and this just confirmed my love for them. Good run last night, also. You are definitely "Most Improved" lately, and that Porsche you got is gorgeous. I want one.

Thanks for the compliment on my improvement in driving and the new TTO1. It still doesnt mean I wont put you in the wall. LOL

Kevin and I were commenting that we put up 40 laps each with a 70t and Kevin only got one more lap with his faster motor. I put up the same # of laps with my 50t. The cars while much faster did push and take us wide thru the turns. I think we both shave .5 seconds off our hot laps. It was actually easier to drive with the slower motor. Maybe its true slower is faster..

Kevin, dont change a thing on that lexus. u only traction rolled once coming off the straight but the car carved thru the infield. Maybe next time, me and Paul wont give u as much space as we did..:rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2012.05.25, 08:11 AM
Al deserves to be put in the wall every chance you get!

Thanks for the compliment on my improvement in driving and the new TTO1. It still doesnt mean I wont put you in the wall. LOL

Kevin and I were commenting that we put up 40 laps each with a 70t and Kevin only got one more lap with his faster motor. I put up the same # of laps with my 50t. The cars while much faster did push and take us wide thru the turns. I think we both shave .5 seconds off our hot laps. It was actually easier to drive with the slower motor. Maybe its true slower is faster..

Kevin, dont change a thing on that lexus. u only traction rolled once coming off the straight but the car carved thru the infield. Maybe next time, me and Paul wont give u as much space as we did..:rolleyes:

I like to believe that as I progress in this hobby there are different levels of understanding setups. Kevins car is where I was about 6 months ago. Kevin you are on the right path. Giving up speed for control is the way to go for you right now. It's very important to clean up your lines and not get excited when someone is pressing you. Let them go, your racing a clock and not a car. Hitting turns tight, smooth and clean is what wins races. Once your tight on turns then we can worry about speed. Your car looked awesome...very nimble but you are scrubbing speed on the turns. A thicker T plate will solve your speed issue and also eliminate your traction roll issue. IMO by the way!

Kevin S.
2012.05.25, 09:04 AM
Al deserves to be put in the wall every chance you get!

I like to believe that as I progress in this hobby there are different levels of understanding setups. Kevins car is where I was about 6 months ago. Kevin you are on the right path. Giving up speed for control is the way to go for you right now. It's very important to clean up your lines and not get excited when someone is pressing you. Let them go, your racing a clock and not a car. Hitting turns tight, smooth and clean is what wins races. Once your tight on turns then we can worry about speed. Your car looked awesome...very nimble but you are scrubbing speed on the turns. A thicker T plate will solve your speed issue and also eliminate your traction roll issue. IMO by the way!

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Scott. I will definitely try a different t-pate Wednesday night. I am always open to suggestions and trying new things.

Fifty7
2012.05.25, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the kind and encouraging words Scott. I will definitely try a different t-pate Wednesday night. I am always open to suggestions and trying new things.

I took that advice last Friday night, I think Scott was just trying to take me out in a different way.:eek: No,I'm kidding. I did try a #5 T Plate and the car was really good. I think i did 2 more laps than I've ever done on that layout but then came the main and I had no traction whatsoever. I dont know if it was the temperature or what but I cant wait to get back there tonight and try again.

ActionRC
2012.05.26, 11:44 AM
You're going back tonight?

Hope everyone had fun last night. Went to Da Noi on Victory Blvd last night - excellent!

The weather looks shaly all weekend. Hopefully will get to work on the Mini and run the TT01 for a while. Not free tonight, but maybe tomorrow before the 600.

Golddust
2012.05.26, 09:57 PM
AL With a teeny weeny little more practice I should be able to keep up with the big boys in the TT-01 class.:eek::D

Golddust
2012.05.26, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know when the next TT-01 practice is?

J-Milz
2012.05.27, 04:28 PM
Al, da noi is Awsome. My wife and I go there all the time. (rosebank). Goldy I have a tt01 Audi body for ya. I'm free to race next week. So I'm excited. I have an extra mini m03 for the beach for anyone to try...

Golddust
2012.05.27, 06:12 PM
Al, da noi is Awsome. My wife and I go there all the time. (rosebank). Goldy I have a tt01 Audi body for ya. I'm free to race next week. So I'm excited. I have an extra mini m03 for the beach for anyone to try...
Jamil thanks I'll try to hook up soon with you

I celebrated Memorial Day by putting a American Flag on the back of the TT-01.
Raced it up and down my block.

Slapstick10
2012.05.28, 08:52 AM
I hate to be the kill joy but the moderators have been extremely tolerant of the outside program. This is a mini z forum and we should be extremely selective on conversations about it.

The race that has been scheduled for the 3rd will be a practice. still waiting on wires from TQ Wire.

On an extremely positive note, The Staten island Advance will be paying us a visit on Friday to do an article on the track and its patrons. If at all possible please make it to race. We are trying to spotlight Father and son combo's. We want to shed a little light on one of the islands best kept secrets! Its an opportunity to get the word out and possible new racers. Al was the one that got the inteview for the track and i'm sure he will post about it soon as he has more details i'm sure.

We have a f******k page....like us if you want! Wow that sounded weird! we'll you know what i mean!

KA2AEV
2012.05.28, 12:13 PM
Scott
Any Guestimate on that arrival date of them there wyres?

Kevin S.
2012.05.30, 10:16 AM
It's Wednesday and I cannot wait to race tonight. I hope to be able to do better than I did last week. I am going to take Scott's advice and go with a Harder T-Plate tonight and see how that fares for me. Lets get a big turnout tonight guys. See everyone later.

Slapstick10
2012.05.30, 03:28 PM
It's Wednesday and I cannot wait to race tonight. I hope to be able to do better than I did last week. I am going to take Scott's advice and go with a Harder T-Plate tonight and see how that fares for me. Lets get a big turnout tonight guys. See everyone later.

Yea!!!!! Buddy!!!!!! Chargem up!!!! and Snapem in!!!! its race time!!!
A little bit of a change in plans we have... the reporter will be coming tonight instead of friday!! I would have rathered Friday only for the simple fact I wanted to showcase the track as a child friendly atmosphere. It is what it is!!
See everyone later!!!

rajiex
2012.05.30, 05:03 PM
Yea!!!!! Buddy!!!!!! Chargem up!!!! and Snapem in!!!! its race time!!!
A little bit of a change in plans we have... the reporter will be coming tonight instead of friday!! I would have rathered Friday only for the simple fact I wanted to showcase the track as a child friendly atmosphere. It is what it is!!
See everyone later!!!

DO you want us on our best behavior:D..it is a child atmosphere when we start hacking....:cool:

KA2AEV
2012.05.30, 10:54 PM
DO you want us on our best behavior:D..it is a child atmosphere when we start hacking....:cool:

And actually now I realized how much of a Hack you really are Raj:D

Was actually fun to run with the best of the best of the best
Think I got the handle on my wide and now just need to add a bit
of speed to my narrow and think all the pieces will fall into place:)

Seeya Friday under the lights

rajiex
2012.05.31, 08:56 AM
And actually now I realized how much of a Hack you really are Raj:D

Was actually fun to run with the best of the best of the best
Think I got the handle on my wide and now just need to add a bit
of speed to my narrow and think all the pieces will fall into place:)

Seeya Friday under the lights

Mike, its been a while since we last tangled. I never said anything contrary to my hacking abilities. Rubbing is Racing. :p

At least when I gave you the nudge, your car didnt go flying off the track. Now I know why you looked slow, I didnt notice you were driving your narrow car. I was too hell bent on staying ahead of Kevin or putting him into the wall if needed. You should have stayed to watch all the A-main racers get Vendittied. I made Al's race hard and Nat's even harder.

Fifty7
2012.05.31, 01:35 PM
So how did the interview go? When do we have to look in the advance?

Kevin S.
2012.05.31, 01:40 PM
Mike, its been a while since we last tangled. I never said anything contrary to my hacking abilities. Rubbing is Racing. :p

At least when I gave you the nudge, your car didnt go flying off the track. Now I know why you looked slow, I didnt notice you were driving your narrow car. I was too hell bent on staying ahead of Kevin or putting him into the wall if needed. You should have stayed to watch all the A-main racers get Vendittied. I made Al's race hard and Nat's even harder.

Raj, you ran real well last night. Your car looked great. I was trying to hard and I fudged a few boards. Can't wait to do it all over again. :D

KA2AEV
2012.05.31, 05:46 PM

Figured that The "V" word was going to happen
He just had this look in his eyes that scared me

I was basically using last night as a test and tune session to
get all of the bugs out of my cars and to make adjustments
to the controller
I think I got everything under control now
I just have to add some speed to the cars and let nature
takes its course

Slapstick10
2012.06.01, 09:19 AM
Its Friday... As the A&B Mains get tighter,the racing gets more aggressive! The AC is a major factor as Nat and I continue to loose grip off the straightaway into the sweeper. I believe we have to watch Al as he finaly see's that fast is not always fast.

Marty- I cant really answer you about the interview because the reporter looked like she was getting information over load. She took notes and drove a car. However al had her ear for about an hour! I think someone will be by tonight to take some pictures.

We have the f******k page up and running that is current. This is going to be one of the ways we expand this track so if you havent seen it or subscribed please do. This is an easy way to get friends of friends to see what we do.

Also please be a little patient we added some changes to the clerical and administative part of the program. Its for the better.

And last but not least " Chargem Up and Snapem In its time to Race"
See everyone tonight!

Fifty7
2012.06.01, 03:56 PM
Its Friday... As the A&B Mains get tighter,the racing gets more aggressive! The AC is a major factor as Nat and I continue to loose grip off the straightaway into the sweeper. I believe we have to watch Al as he finaly see's that fast is not always fast.

Marty- I cant really answer you about the interview because the reporter looked like she was getting information over load. She took notes and drove a car. However al had her ear for about an hour! I think someone will be by tonight to take some pictures.

We have the f******k page up and running that is current. This is going to be one of the ways we expand this track so if you havent seen it or subscribed please do. This is an easy way to get friends of friends to see what we do.

Also please be a little patient we added some changes to the clerical and administative part of the program. Its for the better.

And last but not least " Chargem Up and Snapem In its time to Race"
See everyone tonight!

The AC has definitely been affecting my grip as well.
Clerical changes? Am I fired as computer operator on Friday nights? :D

Slapstick10
2012.06.01, 04:04 PM
The AC has definitely been affecting my grip as well.
Clerical changes? Am I fired as computer operator on Friday nights? :D

Lol no silly only protocol !!!

OffTheWall329
2012.06.01, 04:07 PM
I agree. I lost grip in the main too because of the AC. Track got a little too cool.

KA2AEV
2012.06.01, 04:28 PM
I agree. I lost grip in the main too because of the AC. Track got a little too cool.

Actually only certain Drivers were the ones that are Too Cool:D

ShortBus
2012.06.02, 03:46 PM
I can't believe this was actually in the dictionary !!

Venditti’d
verb/action (used with object)

1) To fall victim of a reckless driver actions (Holy s@$#, I would have won the race until I got venditti’d !!)

2) To be thrown into a wall, and or altered from original course by another drivers reckless disregard. (Driver “A” was running really well until he got venditti’d)

3) To purposely or with purpose perform actions resulting in another drivers crash. (Hmm, driver “A” is running really well tonight, I think I will venditti that son of a b##$% !!)

Other common examples: Hack, hack, hacked, hacking

Slapstick10
2012.06.03, 08:08 AM
...... Wow Jeff you have way to much time on your hands.

Track will be open from 12-4ish. Last test n tune!

ShortBus
2012.06.03, 11:28 AM
Yeah, but my therapist said it would help release some of the trauma I experienced that night :)

KA2AEV
2012.06.03, 04:19 PM
Okay quick question
How much does front spring selection on a 02 chassis effect the steering?

ShortBus
2012.06.03, 08:38 PM
Front springs and tplate determine quiet a bit

Slapstick10
2012.06.03, 08:48 PM
Spring cup holders are a huge factor with the 02 also. They limit the travel of the spring .... More or less!

Slapstick10
2012.06.06, 11:43 AM
Ding...Ding...Ding!!! Calling all Racers! Time to get your race on!
Chargem,Snapem and drivem!

Slapstick10
2012.06.06, 03:03 PM
just a reminder The Maj race is this Weekend on saturday! Please if you have intentions on going let him know!

Slapstick10
2012.06.08, 11:09 AM
Good day gents! I think it's going to be busy tonight! Chargem up Snapem in and drive it like you stole it to victory lane!!! Yea buddy!!!

Action tonight.... Maj tommorow and the beach on Sunday !!
Omg I'm going to be raced out!!!!

Just a reminder that they are doing a photo set for the advance tonight. I can't guarantee that you will be in the paper but I can't guarantee you won't!!

See everyone tonight!!!!

KA2AEV
2012.06.08, 03:31 PM
Marty really wants to know what time the doors will open tonight? :D

KA2AEV
2012.06.09, 02:00 AM
WOW What a FUN Friday Night under the Lights!
Really thought that Johnathon would break the 5 Second barrier
Came close!!!

Good Luck to all this weekend
Team Golddust is Closed for two weddings

By The Way
Jeff?
Marty needs the number of that therapist you're using now
Johnathon and Al just abused the heck out of him totally
Really was not a pretty sight to see him mumbling like that
at the end of the night

Fifty7
2012.06.09, 02:46 PM
WOW What a FUN Friday Night under the Lights!
Really thought that Johnathon would break the 5 Second barrier
Came close!!!

Good Luck to all this weekend
Team Golddust is Closed for two weddings

By The Way
Jeff?
Marty needs the number of that therapist you're using now
Johnathon and Al just abused the heck out of him totally
Really was not a pretty sight to see him mumbling like that
at the end of the night

Wow you couldn't be more wrong. The day I need a therapist bc of these little cars is the last day of racing for me. You did get one thing right it was a fun friday night - win or lose. Jonathan and Al really didnt abuse me. if anything, thanks to a lost motor screw the 1st qualifier and then motor wires hitting my body in the 2nd qualifier I made more than a few stupid moves and got into them. As far as losing the main. Nobody in that race was going to beat Jonathan, after running most of the race in 3rd, i finally ran down Al and had 2nd pretty much locked up but again i made a silly decision when Jonathan was about to lap me with 10 seconds to go. I could've not fought him and let him go which would have all but guaranteed me 2nd over Al but listening to Jonathan getting all excited about lapping the field i decided to have some fun and try and hold him off which only led to me rolling over (again..my fault). Now I'm not one to complain about marshalls because let's face it, if i didn't roll over I wouldn't have needed one but had the Marshall (who shall remain nameless and to his credit was out there for almost every race) not swatted my car like a kitten playing with a ball of yarn instead of just turning it over i still could have raced Al to the finish for 2nd.:eek: If this post comes off as me being mad about anything just know that's not the case. I decided to mess with Jonathan so I take the blame but i would rather race someone for anything (whether it be 2nd place or just to stay on the lead lap) than drive around a log laps for no reason like Kevin and I did in the wide main.
Anyway, cant wait to do it again next week and good lick to the Action crew representing at Maj's today and the beach tomorrow. Hopefully i can get out for a little and stop by the beach. Definitely not gonna be able to make it to Maj's today to cheer you on.

KA2AEV
2012.06.11, 10:45 PM
Awefully quiet after such a busy weekend
Anyone survive?

Slapstick10
2012.06.12, 01:55 PM
I got to tell you I had an awesome weekend. It was well needed. It's awesome to just go and race at another track once in a while. I wish my results could have been better, however I had one great qualifier and that made my day. I'm not sure if you know the f1 guru's from PA... Ed and Larry but the straightened out my F1 issue with the diff but the increase in speed was a bit much for the tires cause the weren't glued.... Yea iknow .... You don't have to say it! And the 50t wide I qualified 2nd in the B Main... I'm so good with that! Behind Roland and before Eddie and mark.... Trust me I'm good. All excellent drivers... I was kind of out classed IMO. It was fun to see old friends and Dave and johnathon going at it was awesome! So at the end of the day we took our beat butts to dq for some Feel good ice cream!
Now the beach... To watch Harley drive Austin's car and almost beat John brown was amazing. Dominick also had a good day. FInishing results was John , Dom and Harley. 2&3 for action gotta love it.

So yes we had a great weekend!

KA2AEV
2012.06.14, 04:57 PM
WOW
218 mph at Michigan Test n' Tune!

Slapstick10
2012.06.15, 03:20 PM
Ok gents! It's race time. Chargem up n Snapem in!

KA2AEV
2012.06.15, 04:35 PM
I Feel The Need
The Need for Speed

Lets Go Racin Boyz!

Slapstick10
2012.06.16, 12:03 PM
Racing was pretty fun last night. With a motor change I was finally able to keep up with Nat!:D

Fifty7
2012.06.17, 12:10 AM
Racing was pretty fun last night. With a motor change I was finally able to keep up with Nat!:D

What did you switch to?

Happy Fathers day to all you mothers.

J-Milz
2012.06.18, 06:32 PM
A brushless big block with a blower!:D

Slapstick10
2012.06.19, 09:46 AM
A brushless big block with a blower!:D

Now thats what i'm talking about!!!!

Fifty7
2012.06.19, 01:03 PM
Now thats what i'm talking about!!!!

You've gone to the dark side. I guess you no longer believe slower is faster.:eek:

Slapstick10
2012.06.19, 01:30 PM
I still believe slower is fast. But that statement is not towards motor it's towards driving lines. Tight driving lines is what makes the statement true. I feel that my driving ability has evolved to the point where I can handle the speed better. Friday was the first night I tried and I was all over the place. Just because I won the A Main doesn't mean I drove flawless. Did my lap time improve ... Yes but not as much as I should have. I don't pretend to be an expert cause I'm not... Im just pushing the limits of my car and ability. As I learn more and more about my setup the more and more I want to drive clean!!!

GTR driver
2012.06.19, 04:00 PM
I guess I'm gonna have to turn it up alittle. :cool:

Slapstick10
2012.06.20, 09:28 AM
Well it's Wednesday race fans!! Chargem up and slapem in cause our new double main program is in full swing!! Also the economy buster pricing plan for racers who raced Friday!!!! Yea buddie!!!

Racing starts at 8:30
See everyone tonight!!!

Slapstick10
2012.06.20, 11:31 AM
Looking forward to racing in a meat locker!!!

rajiex
2012.06.20, 12:07 PM
will the liquid refreshments be cold also?

Fifty7
2012.06.20, 01:28 PM
will the liquid refreshments be cold also?

I've heard it's all fixed Raj :D

Slapstick10
2012.06.20, 03:45 PM
Unfortunatly the snapple machine is dead. There is a portable fridge there now and refreshments are chilling! I have not decided what to do yet. But I put the ac on also.

Fifty7
2012.06.21, 08:09 AM
Unfortunatly the snapple machine is dead. There is a portable fridge there now and refreshments are chilling! I have not decided what to do yet. But I put the ac on also.

I guess i misunderstood that text. When you said it was done i thought you meant fixed. Lol :o

KA2AEV
2012.06.22, 01:57 PM
Scott
Team Golddust would like to express its coldolences at your loss of
the Loving Snapple Machine
It will really be missed

man I need sleep:D
First the heat now the Boomers
I want to go home:rolleyes:

Golddust
2012.06.22, 07:47 PM
Can't come tonight because my dad is working late so
I will be definetly be going weds because it is the last day of school
yes:D

Fifty7
2012.06.23, 12:30 PM
It was a very slow night but still had some good racing. Scott & Jim had some trouble in the A main which left Jeff & I to battle it out. As if 8 minutes wasn't long enough, try doing 5 of them nose to tail with a 1/10th to 3/10 of a second difference at the line each time. Very intense and fun. Scott came out ahead in narrow i was making ground but scrubbed a board and didnt have enough time to make a run at him. He probably still hates it but the car looks good.

Slapstick10
2012.06.26, 10:28 AM
It was a very slow night but still had some good racing. Scott & Jim had some trouble in the A main which left Jeff & I to battle it out. As if 8 minutes wasn't long enough, try doing 5 of them nose to tail with a 1/10th to 3/10 of a second difference at the line each time. Very intense and fun. Scott came out ahead in narrow i was making ground but scrubbed a board and didnt have enough time to make a run at him. He probably still hates it but the car looks good.

.... I hate that class!!!! Lol
Tough weekend 2 graduations and a couple of parties. It sucked the life out of me.

Fifty7
2012.06.26, 02:01 PM
.... I hate that class!!!! Lol
Tough weekend 2 graduations and a couple of parties. It sucked the life out of me.

I hear ya. My daughters was Friday, Matt was yesterday. 2 long days but no parties - Graduation cruise instead (end of the summer).

ActionRC
2012.06.27, 01:05 PM
It's been so long since I have been on the forum! June has been so crazy with weddings, work, graduations, Christenings, etc. Thankfully, today is my birthday, and I requested that we have cake tomorrow instead of today so I can go racing tonight! (I'll have cake with Valerie Alswife and the kids tonight, and the rest of the family will come tomorrow since I don't want them to come Friday so I can race again!) I haven't raced since June 13th! This is torture!

I had a great time at Maj's on June 9th, even though Alex beat me in both classes! 2nd Place trophies stink!

I changed the layout last night. It's completely two-tile with no back straight. It should be fun. Enjoy!

Idea: What does everyone think of changing up the 2nd class? I was thinking that we could have two classes: 98mm and 94mm. Anyone with a narrow could run it at 94mm, or you can go wide. Maybe we can limit the motor to a 70 turn so it will be easy for everyone to convert to wide if they want to. I for one would love to have a Mosler like I do now, but then maybe have a 70 turn Vette, NSX or 430. What do you guys think?

I can't wait to race tonight! Last day of school, my birthday, and some of the kids should be coming. (Justin is.) Let's make it a great night!!!

Slapstick10
2012.07.01, 09:30 AM
We will be closed July 4th.

This week only we will open Tuesday at 7 -10
and Friday regular time 6-1am

For the weeks to follow will are switching from Friday to Saturday night
Saturday the track will open at 6PM. racing will start at 8:30 sharp.

As many of you know the traffic on the island is crazy because of the construction. I know some will be happy and some won't. Please have an open mind.

Slapstick10
2012.07.01, 11:46 AM
There been some interest in class changes. I guess we can make it a poll question? Any thoughts?

Here are the results, After 2 1/2 years i finally win both A Mains!

J-Milz
2012.07.01, 10:15 PM
SaturdAys work a lil better for me with my new work schedule. So I wanna go on record and say "yeah"! As far as class change. I've been hearing a lot of thoughts, and opinions thrown around since I started at Action in 08'. Wow. :eek:

We have tried many combos, motors and chassis since then. The one change that I've been pushing for (never tried) is an ALL SKINNY 70t class. It can be called "ST". Any body, any offset, any wheel base but it gotta have a ST in the rear!

BTW the Action guys were in full swing today at the beach. Great running!
Nice article in the ADVANCE. Hopefully it will bring new members to the family.

Slapstick10
2012.07.02, 10:45 AM
Well I don't know if everyone heard but the ad from the staten island advance broke in yesterday's main section of the paper! The only thing I can say is "what an ad". It was also on silive.com. I am openning the track tonight for pop up practice if anyone is interested 7-10

Fifty7
2012.07.02, 12:17 PM
Well I don't know if everyone heard but the ad from the staten island advance broke in yesterday's main section of the paper! The only thing I can say is "what an ad". It was also on silive.com. I am openning the track tonight for pop up practice if anyone is interested 7-10

Here is the story. http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/staten_island_hobby_shop_has_l.html

ActionRC
2012.07.03, 10:09 AM
How awesome was that article!? Imagine what the Fortunoff ad cost on the opposite page, and which do you think grabbed more eyes? When I had an article written about the track, it appeared on Jume 9, 2004 - the day Action RC opened. It was instrumental in getting some of the first people through the door and spreading the word. (Many of you have seen it framed at the track.) Years later, Melissa captured everything that makes the track so important, which were unknown factors when the door first opened. This was a great gift!

Don't forget - racing tonight opening at 7 and Friday opening at 6!!! :)

CDR racing
2012.07.12, 12:25 AM
I know I haven't been on here in forever, but it's worth breaking my hiatus to say...Screw the software I won that A-Main!

Slapstick10
2012.07.12, 03:57 AM
The paperwork does not support your words:p

KA2AEV
2012.07.12, 10:32 AM
WOW
I was going to say that its been really quiet in here lately
But I seem to know why now

WAY TO GO CROP!

Number1
2012.07.12, 10:34 AM
We will be closed July 4th.

This week only we will open Tuesday at 7 -10
and Friday regular time 6-1am

For the weeks to follow will are switching from Friday to Saturday night
Saturday the track will open at 6PM. racing will start at 8:30 sharp.

As many of you know the traffic on the island is crazy because of the construction. I know some will be happy and some won't. Please have an open mind.

Racing on Sat. at Action RC 2? I can see myself there again.:cool:, and hopefully with Sai too.

GREGDGR81
2012.07.13, 11:11 PM
I know I haven't been on here in forever, but it's worth breaking my hiatus to say...Screw the software I won that A-Main!

It's to bad we don't have instant replay. :D

J-Milz
2012.07.13, 11:46 PM
Racing on Sat. at Action RC 2? I can see myself there again.:cool:, and hopefully with Sai too.

That would be nice to see all the good drivers back at Action. Anybody see Willie Wong?

Slapstick10
2012.07.14, 10:03 AM
Action RC 2 is officially changed from Friday to Saturdays. Track will open at 6pm. Classes are mod gt open motor and narrow 70turn. Qualifiers will start at 8:30. It would be nice to see some old faces again! See everyone later!

CDR racing
2012.07.15, 12:57 AM
It's to bad we don't have instant replay. :D

We've tried that before, that didn't work too well at solving disputes either...Right Potter?

Slapstick10
2012.07.21, 09:46 AM
Sorry guys work has been crazy for me! Who's ready to race tonight? Crop seems to be quickest on this track. Or is he?? Who's got the goods? See everyone tonight?

Slapstick10
2012.07.27, 11:20 AM
Hello all! I've been so busy at work. But the show must go on! I've been thinking of a date for the summer nationals. I have decided to host this event inside instead of outside because of track conditions. The Date I'm thinking of is 8/25/12. Classes I'm thinking is Mod GT (always a favorite), I'm thinking 70t open....meaning you can run any body wide or narrow but it must be a 70t motor and last but not least...F1. I will once again offer the same Jackpot prize as last time. For those who don't know ....If you sweep the nationals in all 3 classes you receive $100 and a free entry fee to the next national. Roland came so close at the last national....I was bittting my nails:D And this is an open event...I seemed to confuse some with the invitational thing last race.

Remember guys the track is open saturday at 6pm and racing starts at 8:30 sharp.

CDR racing
2012.07.27, 05:43 PM
Ahh that sucks, i won't be able to come :(. Move in day for college is the 26th. Will try to stop by though. Guess I'll just have to race you all a little harder until then to make up for it ;)

KA2AEV
2012.07.27, 07:14 PM
Move in day for college is the 26th.then

I bet Al is feeling a wee bit OLD Right now:rolleyes:

Slapstick10
2012.07.31, 05:28 PM
Last schedule change guys. Thursday instead of Wednesday 7-?

Kevin S.
2012.07.31, 06:43 PM
Last schedule change guys. Thursday instead of Wednesday 7-?

Hey Scott, just for this week or permanently?

ActionRC
2012.08.02, 09:10 AM
Racing is tonight, everyone! Can't wait! The new schedule is now Thursday and Saturday for good. Scott works really early on Thursdays and it was becoming difficult for him to race Wednesday night and be ready for work Thursday. Glad I don't start work when he does!

Turnout has been low, but racing has been great. I can't believe how good my car feels right now, and Marty is almost 2 laps up on me - in one of the only non-Moslers. He's on a roll! We really need the attendance, so please try to make it tonight!

Will send an email to the masses now about the new schedule. Looking forward to seeing you all later! :)

CDR racing
2012.08.08, 12:55 AM
http://bethlamont.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pin-drop.jpg

KA2AEV
2012.08.08, 01:49 PM
http://bethlamont.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pin-drop.jpg

Okay I'll bite
Why the picture of the nails?

Slapstick10
2012.08.08, 02:27 PM
Hello all! I regret to inform you that the summer nationals scheduled for later this month have been cancelled. I feel that the turnout will be light. I'm thinking of a Winternational in late October but this has yet to be decided.

TomSr
2012.08.09, 01:49 PM
Okay I'll bite
Why the picture of the nails?

My guess was that the forum has been so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I just asked Crop...yup, I guess right. Clever Crop.

KA2AEV
2012.08.09, 03:34 PM
My guess was that the forum has been so quiet you can hear a pin drop.

I just asked Crop...yup, I guess right. Clever Crop.

Ahhhhhhhh
Very Clever Mister Crop
Very Clever Indeed

KA2AEV
2012.08.10, 06:15 AM
WOW

What a great night last night
We had a blast
Guess we really needed that month away from Mini-z
courtsey of the Stupidvision at ConEd but It was
really great to get back behind the wheel!!!
Got the Narrow figured out finally
Thanks to both Jonathan and Scott and my Wide
is getting back to where it used to be
Now I just need more practice

Scott You did a great job with the track last night
Thanks

See you guys Saturday!

Fifty7
2012.08.11, 12:00 PM
Hope we have a nice busy night. If you're coming and not going to be there early give us a call so i can setup the computer and get you in. :D

Golddust
2012.08.11, 02:15 PM
Booodegy booodegy booodegy
boyz
Lets Go Racing:D

CDR racing
2012.08.12, 02:09 AM
BoooDeGy boooDeGy boooDeGy
boyz
Lets Go Racing:D

Oh boy :confused:

ActionRC
2012.08.15, 05:09 PM
Can't wait to race tomorrow night!!!! Can't race Saturday again, unfortunately. It was so much easier to race consistently on Fridays because there were never any plans, but it was much more difficult to get there on time - especially during the summer Belt Parkway rush hours. I am torn. What do you guys think?

Anyone up for opening up the Narrow class this week to start running it as 94mm 70 turn? Make changes if you wish, or run your car as is. Any takers?

Crop - I thought you took that picture and were showing how good you caught the (nail?) in mid-air. Duh.

J-Milz
2012.08.15, 07:48 PM
Bring back gift card racing! :D

KA2AEV
2012.08.15, 09:11 PM
Enduro????

Fifty7
2012.08.16, 08:18 AM
Can't wait to race tomorrow night!!!! Can't race Saturday again, unfortunately. It was so much easier to race consistently on Fridays because there were never any plans, but it was much more difficult to get there on time - especially during the summer Belt Parkway rush hours. I am torn. What do you guys think?

Anyone up for opening up the Narrow class this week to start running it as 94mm 70 turn? Make changes if you wish, or run your car as is. Any takers?

Crop - I thought you took that picture and were showing how good you caught the (nail?) in mid-air. Duh.

I'm torn too. I probably have a shorter commute than most people so traffic and getting home don't bother me. Friday was definitely easier to commit to but it's easier to be ready to get there nice and early on Saturday when your not working all day. I don't think it helped or hurt the crowd either way. We've still had about the same amount of people, just a couple of different guys.

philly123
2012.08.17, 02:12 AM
Hoping to make it down this saturday.. What time do doors open?

Al was that you who texted me this afternoon? I got a new phone a little while back and lost all my contacts.

Fifty7
2012.08.17, 11:34 AM
Hoping to make it down this saturday.. What time do doors open?

Al was that you who texted me this afternoon? I got a new phone a little while back and lost all my contacts.

One of us is usually there by 6pm

philly123
2012.08.17, 09:47 PM
Ok. I have to work till 530 so ill see how it works out

KA2AEV
2012.08.19, 03:03 PM
WOW
What a night
Scott ALMOST Pulled off a good one with Golddusts help
Scott If only you could have waited a few minutes that would have
been classic!
Just from the looks that you were getting from Tom, Dom and Marty
and especially at the end Marty was talking to himself!
WOW!!!

Looking forward to This upcoming Thursday!

Fifty7
2012.08.20, 08:54 AM
WOW
What a night
Scott ALMOST Pulled off a good one with Golddusts help
Scott If only you could have waited a few minutes that would have
been classic!
Just from the looks that you were getting from Tom, Dom and Marty
and especially at the end Marty was talking to himself!
WOW!!!

Looking forward to This upcoming Thursday!

Almost is right. He definitely had me fooled. If I didnt see him handing just the body back to him I never would have known. Even during hot laps he commented, Golddusts car is good but it's just not as fast as mine. I really did think he was running it and he was running me down with 30 seconds to go. If he didn't hit the boards it would have been a close finish. I really wasn't talking to myself but i might have if he beat me with what i thought was someone else's car. :eek:

I did learn something though. Scott was right a few weeks ago when he said it don't matter who was there and who wasn't, it feels good to win both A mains :p

Slapstick10
2012.08.20, 07:45 PM
It's not easily accomplished winning narrow and wide A Mains! congrats Marty you deserve it you ran great Friday!

I had a fun night Friday !!! No stress!!!

I enjoyed the look of concern when you thought I was going to beat you with golddust car!!!! Priceless!!!!

KA2AEV
2012.08.21, 01:54 PM
Wait a minute
Did I miss something?
I thought we ran on Saturday?

Fifty7
2012.08.21, 06:27 PM
Damn you Scott. Now you let the cat out of the bag about the secret races we've been having on Fridays. :D

KA2AEV
2012.08.21, 06:47 PM
Damn you Scott. Now you let the cat out of the bag about the secret races we've been having on Fridays. :D

Yeah but Marty the way he made it sound as if
Golddust was indeed there :eek:
So.....:confused:

GREGDGR81
2012.08.21, 09:04 PM
I enjoyed the look of concern when you thought I was going to beat you with golddust car!!!! Priceless!!!![/QUOTE]

This just gave me a good idea.How about the A guys drive the C guys cars and vise versa but if the C guys break the A guys car they have to pay for the parts. So is it the car or the driver that wins a race.

p.s.

I'll be there on thursday ^_^

KA2AEV
2012.08.22, 08:36 AM
p.s.

I'll be there on thursday

QUICK
HARLEY Lock the doors and change the name on the outside

HE's BACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:D

GREGDGR81
2012.08.22, 02:51 PM
QUICK
HARLEY Lock the doors and change the name on the outside

HE's BACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:D[/QUOTE]

I never left :p

ActionRC
2012.08.27, 11:45 AM
Can't wait to race this week! I have to change my chassis and Justin's as well - both are cracked from all of you hacks and hammerheads! :)

KA2AEV
2012.08.27, 03:40 PM
Ahhh AL
Thats MISTER Hammerhead to you:D

OffTheWall329
2012.08.27, 06:27 PM
hey guys! Im going to be selling my Tamiya M05 with electronics and a battery if anyone is looking for one. Also selling my HPI VTA car as a roller. Figure I'll tell you guys first.

ActionRC
2012.08.31, 01:26 PM
What Richie's Lamborghini looked like last night after racing against me, Paul, and Scott... :p
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/chinese-farmer-builds-lamborghini-from-scrap-metal-slideshow/people-look-self-made-replica-lamborghini-reventon-drive-photo-090654299.html

Can't wait to race tomorrow night! Let's make it a great night, everyone! We need a HUGE turnout - let's go racing!!! We made some changes to the layout last night and it's a good one! :)

KA2AEV
2012.08.31, 06:47 PM
Im not so sure that I would want to sit in a car like that doing 160 without any bug screen

Is it Saturday Yet?

CDR racing
2012.09.02, 03:39 PM
Hey guys i posted some of these flyers down at the track but I figured I'd post it here too. This is a memorial race for my cousin Scott who passed away suddenly while racing at New Egypt Speedway. The proceeds for the race will benefit a trust fund to help his kids. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it that weekend, but it would mean a lot to me if some of you guys could go. I know some of the jersey guys might be able go. I know it's a lot to ask and not all of you will be able to make it, but it will be a fun night and I would appreciate if some of you could go. Scott was hoping to get to Action RC someday to race with us and never got the chance, so maybe we can bring some Action RC to him. Thanks. If you need more info let me know.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/377345_10151049119056868_1015185491_n.jpg

Kevin S.
2012.09.05, 12:21 PM
Hey Scott,
Just wanted to check in and see if racing is going on tonight? If it is, there is a very good chance I can make it... Damn I have had Mini-Z Withdrawals for way too long and I need to get my fix :D

rajiex
2012.09.05, 01:07 PM
Hey Scott,
Just wanted to check in and see if racing is going on tonight? If it is, there is a very good chance I can make it... Damn I have had Mini-Z Withdrawals for way too long and I need to get my fix :D

Kevin, I think they are back to Wed & Fri schedules.

Kevin S.
2012.09.05, 01:21 PM
Kevin, I think they are back to Wed & Fri schedules.

Awesome. Thanks Raj...will you be there tonight?

ActionRC
2012.09.05, 02:40 PM
Yep - Racing Wednesdays and Fridays from now on...

I know a few people are trying to make it tonight, so it should be a great night! Many told me they should be there. C'mon guys - let's try to get enough for two heats!!!

Crop - I'll try to make it to the memorial race. I'm not a huge dirt-track fan, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

Kevin S.
2012.09.06, 01:08 PM
Wow, it felt great to get back on the track last night after such a long hiatus. There were a lot of close battles all night long and I was glad I was there to be a part of them. I can't wait to do it all over again next week. :D

KA2AEV
2012.09.06, 06:57 PM
Is it Friday Yet?:D

KA2AEV
2012.09.08, 11:01 AM
Way cool Racing last night
Especially that A Main Narrow
Too Bad I have to DQ myself! Or do I have to?

CDR racing
2012.09.08, 09:17 PM
Hey Guys sorry to be a pain just wanted to remind everyone that it's just one more week until the memorial race for my cousin Scott. I know most of you won't be able to go but just wanted to put a reminder for anyone who might be interested. I believe you have to buy the tickets through the website on the flyer in order for the money to go right to the fund for Scott's kids, so if you have any interest in going please do that soon so the tickets can be mailed to you. Thanks to anyone who might be able to go. Scott always thought he was a nobody and though he was having fun, his racing didn't really matter, so packing the stands and supporting him would make his whole family feel much better and I know he'd love to see it if he was here.

tommy_greeneyes
2012.09.10, 09:39 AM
Can't wait to race this week! I have to change my chassis and Justin's as well - both are cracked from all of you hacks and hammerheads! :)

Hey al any updates on the last race. what is the third class going to be.:)

CDR racing
2012.09.13, 05:26 PM
Final reminder i promise. My cousin Scott's memorial race is in TWO DAYS. It is getting very late to get tickets, so please try to do so as soon as possible if you are planning to. Even if you can't make the race and you would like to just make a donation that is fine too. If you need any info or need the website or anything again please just let me know and I will help you out. And if you don't get the chance to go, this will likely be an annual event so you can always try again next year. I know the outpouring has already been tremendous and the goals have been shattered, but any little bit helps. Thanks to anyone who may have already supported my family and if you would still like to like I said please let me know if you need any info.

CDR racing
2012.09.13, 11:40 PM
Okay I didn't lie, this is just an amendment to the above post. The website for donations I believe will only be active thru tomorrow. So if you'd like to donate/purchase that way get it in quickly. We can always make other arrangements, I can give you an address to send a check, etc. but I figured this would be easiest for you guys since you can use paypal, credit/debit etc. Again sorry for all the posts, but It'd really mean a lot to me and the rest of my family if you could rally around Scott's young kids and help them to live without their dad. Thanks again everyone.

KA2AEV
2012.09.16, 09:48 AM
Sorry for late post but we were really busy yesterday
Had a great time
Friday night Racing was intense
Finally got my narrow running (Legally) they way its supposed to
Now just need a bit more practice

BTW we took a ride down to Jackson last night and man those guys are CRAZY!

Slapstick10
2012.09.17, 09:59 AM
Good Morning all! I've been so busy at work it leaves little time for play. I have good news and bad news. First the good... fall nationals will be 10/20/12 doors open at 8am racing starts at 12noon. Classes will be GTMod , Narrow70T and Pan car open. Now for the bad.:( This will be the last race we will run at this facility. Due to lack of particapation and the economy we are pushed to look for another facility to open only during the winter months only. From may up till now we were unable to sustain a reasonable amount of income. We are presently looking for a place where we can rent for a parcial year like Horsham and New Rochelle. I said it to you when Al closed I will find something and I did. And I say it again I will find something! Its going to take some time but it will be done. So for now this is the decision. If you have any interest in taking over the track feel free to contact me or Al direct. Fixtures , Track and parts will be marked to liquidate the day of the race. Wide L's will be are available for purchase with a limit and we also have a Best Line 42' 3 lane Pinewood Derby Track for sale with Digital lap Counter. Table,Chairs and furniture are all for sale. We are not done with Mini Z but restructuring to fit our needs. If you have any questions feel free to call me direct at 347-406-4115.

Fifty7
2012.09.18, 12:41 PM
Good Morning all! I've been so busy at work it leaves little time for play. I have good news and bad news. First the good... fall nationals will be 10/20/12 doors open at 8am racing starts at 12noon. Classes will be GTMod , Narrow70T and Pan car open. Now for the bad.:( This will be the last race we will run at this facility. Due to lack of particapation and the economy we are pushed to look for another facility to open only during the winter months only. From may up till now we were unable to sustain a reasonable amount of income. We are presently looking for a place where we can rent for a parcial year like Horsham and New Rochelle. I said it to you when Al closed I will find something and I did. And I say it again I will find something! Its going to take some time but it will be done. So for now this is the decision. If you have any interest in taking over the track feel free to contact me or Al direct. Fixtures , Track and parts will be marked to liquidate the day of the race. Wide L's will be are available for purchase with a limit and we also have a Best Line 42' 3 lane Pinewood Derby Track for sale with Digital lap Counter. Table,Chairs and furniture are all for sale. We are not done with Mini Z but restructuring to fit our needs. If you have any questions feel free to call me direct at 347-406-4115.

This is really terrible news. In my opinion we scored when you found this facility. Yes it's smaller than what we were used to but it was a place we've all enjoyed for this past year. I don't think you could've found a place for any less than what this place was costing and we should have been able to sustain it with our regular crowd but life gets in the way sometimes and for whatever reason we lost a lot of regulars. I wish it wasn't the case but it is what it is. I just hope we can all stay in touch and race together, wherever, once in a while.