PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47]

imxlr8ed
2012.09.18, 02:03 PM
Sucks the shop is going away, I too hope you guys can find some other venue as well. We never had a shop here, we did race at a Hobbytown and rented a building from the parks department for a stint but as our own attendance dropped it became pointless to rent a whole building for 3 or 4 racers.

We've gone the basement route a while ago and it's worked out well (much better for my budget too). I'm sure you'll find out soon that you'll still have places to race, there's always at least one person willing to put forth the effort to keep it going.

CDR racing
2012.09.18, 04:20 PM
Of course I am very sad to hear this news. And I am even more sad to say that I may not be able to make it to the last race. I will try to make it back to race one or two more nights before then, but I'm not sure if I'll be back home in time to race on the 20th. I will definitely make sure to stop by though and hopefully get to see the mains. It's unfortunate that this had to happen while I'm in college, because it will be tough for me to make the spontaneous races that will pop up along the way after Action RC closes. I'm sure we will be able to find some time and some ways to still hang out and get together though.

As for this next part of my post, I will likely regret this later on, but it's been on my mind for a while and I just feel the need to get it off my chest. If this is crossing a line or if it strikes any of you the wrong way I really do apologize in advance. That being said, I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed by the response to my plea for support for my immediate family in this tough time from the Action RC family. I came to you guys in a time of need figuring that the story, one of a guy in the same age range as most of you, with four kids in the same age group as most of yours, and who shared a common interest to all of us, would hit home. Now I know that most of you never met my cousin, and that many of you have your own struggles and financial situations in your lives. I just hoped that if there was ever a group I could rely on for support, this "extended family" of mine would be it. Again this is not meant to guilt all of you or too individually call everyone out. I know some of you simply could not make it, did not have the means to donate, etc., and as I said I am sure at some point that will strike me more than it does now and I will feel like a complete ass for saying this. But I tried over to the past few weeks to make only occasional reminders and posts so as not to be a pest or throw it in your face, and to emphasize that you didn't have to buy a ticket or donate the full suggested amount, that any little bit helps. And now, given the response, I can't help but feel like it was all just a nuisance. So again, I am not trying to guilt anyone into shoving money or some other support in my face, and I apologize if I hit a nerve with you. It is just something that I feel strongly about and that has been weighing on me for a few days as I still try to cope with everything. If this pissed you off, I hope that you can just write it off as the typical "anger" phase of dealing with a loss like this and not take it personally. Thanks for those of you who bothered to take the time to read this rant, and be sure that I will find a way to be that same "pest" around this time every year as this annual event approaches.

Fifty7
2012.09.21, 01:00 PM
Of course I am very sad to hear this news. And I am even more sad to say that I may not be able to make it to the last race. I will try to make it back to race one or two more nights before then, but I'm not sure if I'll be back home in time to race on the 20th. I will definitely make sure to stop by though and hopefully get to see the mains. It's unfortunate that this had to happen while I'm in college, because it will be tough for me to make the spontaneous races that will pop up along the way after Action RC closes. I'm sure we will be able to find some time and some ways to still hang out and get together though.

As for this next part of my post, I will likely regret this later on, but it's been on my mind for a while and I just feel the need to get it off my chest. If this is crossing a line or if it strikes any of you the wrong way I really do apologize in advance. That being said, I have to say that I was somewhat disappointed by the response to my plea for support for my immediate family in this tough time from the Action RC family. I came to you guys in a time of need figuring that the story, one of a guy in the same age range as most of you, with four kids in the same age group as most of yours, and who shared a common interest to all of us, would hit home. Now I know that most of you never met my cousin, and that many of you have your own struggles and financial situations in your lives. I just hoped that if there was ever a group I could rely on for support, this "extended family" of mine would be it. Again this is not meant to guilt all of you or too individually call everyone out. I know some of you simply could not make it, did not have the means to donate, etc., and as I said I am sure at some point that will strike me more than it does now and I will feel like a complete ass for saying this. But I tried over to the past few weeks to make only occasional reminders and posts so as not to be a pest or throw it in your face, and to emphasize that you didn't have to buy a ticket or donate the full suggested amount, that any little bit helps. And now, given the response, I can't help but feel like it was all just a nuisance. So again, I am not trying to guilt anyone into shoving money or some other support in my face, and I apologize if I hit a nerve with you. It is just something that I feel strongly about and that has been weighing on me for a few days as I still try to cope with everything. If this pissed you off, I hope that you can just write it off as the typical "anger" phase of dealing with a loss like this and not take it personally. Thanks for those of you who bothered to take the time to read this rant, and be sure that I will find a way to be that same "pest" around this time every year as this annual event approaches.

OK I figure 3 days of silence is enough and SOMEBODY has to post after this one so what the hell? Crop, I hope you don't regret your post. It takes a strong man to speak his mind instead of holding it all in so i applaud you for that. No hard feelings on this end, I can understand your anger over losing someone way too early. You're not a kid any more but you're the kid of the bunch and when you have a family of your own you will definitely understand the burden, responsibility and debt that comes with it and you will understand but that will not be a reason to feel like an ass for the previous post. Hope we get to see you back at the track a few times before the closing date and for many years (wherever) after that. Hopefully we can get the Action "family" together for an outing to the next memorial race.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - Happy Birthday too!!

Slapstick10
2012.09.23, 08:26 PM
Crop you have every right to feel the way you do. +1 on martys whole reply. You and your family have been a big part of the core of Action and everyone knows it. I'm not going to go through the why's ..because I think you mentioned all of them in your post. But your post was heard... you say rant I heard pain and I'm truelly sorry. Alls I can say is time with friends and family will ease it.

So we are getting ready for the fall nats which will be our last race at this facility. I know someone mentioned 3rd class will be Pan car with the USA motor.

CDR racing
2012.09.24, 01:37 PM
Thank you to you guys for taking the time to respond. I'm not gonna say any more, because frankly there's no point. There's no reason to belabor a point that I don't even fully understand myself and probably never will. Just wanted to say that I read your posts and I appreciate them.

KA2AEV
2012.09.30, 10:31 AM
Great time Friday Night Track seemed really fast!
Just seemed like there was one driver who felt he had to shove and push his way to a victory over one of our younger drivers (He'll get over getting Venditti'ed)!!!
WOW!

tommy_greeneyes
2012.09.30, 11:07 AM
Final reminder i promise. My cousin Scott's memorial race is in TWO DAYS. It is getting very late to get tickets, so please try to do so as soon as possible if you are planning to. Even if you can't make the race and you would like to just make a donation that is fine too. If you need any info or need the website or anything again please just let me know and I will help you out. And if you don't get the chance to go, this will likely be an annual event so you can always try again next year. I know the outpouring has already been tremendous and the goals have been shattered, but any little bit helps. Thanks to anyone who may have already supported my family and if you would still like to like I said please let me know if you need any info.

Can anyone tell me which days your guys are racing.friday night or Saturday night.

KA2AEV
2012.09.30, 07:17 PM
Can anyone tell me which days your guys are racing.friday night or Saturday night.

Wednesday Evenings at 7pm and Fridays at about 6-6:30pm
Hope to see you there
Mike

tommy_greeneyes
2012.10.01, 12:57 AM
Wednesday Evenings at 7pm and Fridays at about 6-6:30pm
Hope to see you there
Mike

Thank you mike

KA2AEV
2012.10.01, 04:41 PM
Street Racers They give us a really bad name!

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2012/09/staten_islanders_need_to_watch.html

Slapstick10
2012.10.01, 07:39 PM
Greetings all, The fall nationals are upon us and will be our last race at this facility. October 20th doors open at 8am racing starts at 12noon.

Mod GT
70turn narrow
USA pancar

All are welcome to enjoy this great time. We will be selling off portions of track,fixtures and parts at a fraction of the price.

I offer the same prize for any person that sweeps all 3 classes. Roland came pretty close last year. A crisp $100 bill

We`are also laying the track for the fall nationals on Friday October 5th. Practice ....setup your car with confidence. No excuses for you not to be competitive for this race.

If you have a question or want to speak with me directly about purchasing something from the track please call at 347-406-4115

rajiex
2012.10.11, 12:10 PM
Great racing last nite. Very fast track for the Fall Nationals. i even dropped 5.3 second hot lap.. Lots of room to be very clean. Ran a race with a 5.9 pace..Tearing through tires. Let me take a moment to savor the moment of beating Paul.. Its been a long time.

Fifty7
2012.10.11, 01:20 PM
Great racing last nite. Very fast track for the Fall Nationals. i even dropped 5.3 second hot lap.. Lots of room to be very clean. Ran a race with a 5.9 pace..Tearing through tires. Let me take a moment to savor the moment of beating Paul.. Its been a long time.

Only had 5 guys Friday but had lots of fun with the speed as well. Nat broke into the 4's and I hit 5.01. We really don't know how fast Nat was bc he hit 4's about 11 times in the main but the minimum lap was set at 5 so we have no accurate reading.

rajiex
2012.10.11, 03:14 PM
Only had 5 guys Friday but had lots of fun with the speed as well. Nat broke into the 4's and I hit 5.01. We really don't know how fast Nat was bc he hit 4's about 11 times in the main but the minimum lap was set at 5 so we have no accurate reading.

Nat hit really low 4.8s. I think even a 4.7..

tommy_greeneyes
2012.10.11, 09:09 PM

i had alot of fun last friday racing with you guys, i am looking forward to the fall nationals now.lol 5 mins on the track and i'll wipe off the rush. :D:D

KA2AEV
2012.10.13, 11:32 AM
WOW I think I finally figured out the difference between hacking
in the B Mains and Hacking in the A Mains
Man that certain A Main Driver who Venditti's :rolleyes: everyone will take you out in a heartbeat and then just smile at you :D
While the B Main drivers will yell at ya right then and there :eek:
Can't wait til the Fall Nats Next week:)

tommy_greeneyes
2012.10.13, 04:30 PM
WOW I think I finally figured out the difference between hacking
in the B Mains and Hacking in the A Mains
Man that certain A Main Driver who Venditti's :rolleyes: everyone will take you out in a heartbeat and then just smile at you :D
While the B Main drivers will yell at y:Da right then and there :eek:
Can't wait til the Fall Nats Next week:)

I agree with you Mike. But some drivers don't respect fast drivers Coming up the lane. this is just my opinion. I don't think you see side by side clean races. too many hackers.but I could be wrong.lol.

CDR racing
2012.10.14, 05:01 PM
Oh boy. I feel like the silence on this forum lately is about to break.

tommy_greeneyes
2012.10.14, 06:46 PM
Oh boy. I feel like the silence on this forum lately is about to break.

come on Crops you know that was coming, its to quiet on here.:D i miss the good old times.were is the trash talking.lol:D

KA2AEV
2012.10.14, 11:18 PM
Good Old Times?
When did the trash talking stop?
Its just been the Lull Like the Eye of a Hurricane passing over
Its Gonna Pick up really soon

Slapstick10
2012.10.15, 10:19 AM
Will the time has come to put up or shut up.... Where you earn your bones! The Fall nationals are this weekend.

1st class $25
2nd class $10
3rd class $5

if you win all 3 A Mains you win a crisp $100 bill
Track opens at 8am and racing starts at 12noon...like the old west

Track Schedule for this week is
Wed- $15 3quals and a main
Friday- $15 3quals and a main
Saturday- Fall Nationals 8am-?????

KA2AEV
2012.10.15, 01:39 PM
Team Golddust will be there!!!

Lets Rock!:D

ActionRC
2012.10.15, 05:34 PM
Hey, everyone. It's been a while - sorry I haven't been on.

Really looking forward to the Nat's this weekend. I am sad that it is the last race, but I am looking forward to our occassional races, which should have incredible turnouts due to a limited race schedule. I am also looking to visit Maj's, expand into Critters for off-road with Jim, and try 360 NewRoc for some possible VTA and definite M-Chassis racing. Just have to wait for soccer to clear up - and some $! Definitely need to start eBaying some stuff - but NOT Mini-Z stuff!!!

Had a great time and a lot of laughs Friday night. We'll be slowing the track down a tick for Wednesday - sorry Raj! :D

ShortBus
2012.10.17, 10:52 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck this Saturday in Action's final race !!

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the race since I need to some how be in 3 states and a boat on Saturday.

Action RC has been such a huge part of my life for so many years and sad to see it go. I value each and everyone of you as close friends and look forward to re-union races or "team" representation at other locals tracks (mini-z, 10th scale, etc).

A big thank you also goes out to both Al and Scott for all the sacrifices you two have made over the years so all of us had a place to escape from everyday life !!

Anyone know if Towne Deli would "float" an order over to NJ ????

Jeff

rajiex
2012.10.21, 11:41 AM
To all my family at Action RC,

I would like to say I loved the fall Nats, it was good to see all the racers. I was disheartened to hear that Scott was going to have to close. I know Al and Scott did their best to keep mini z racing on the island. The economics is just being too burdensome on some and the time factor on others. I hope that we still stay in contact with each other and try a club racing setting in the future.

Action RC and Action RC2 were more than a place to race to me. It was somewhere I escaped the stress of work and home. The competitiveness was fierce but never overwhelming to cause anyone to stop racing. There were heated arguements, friendly jabs at each other but everyone was always ready to help each other out. Tom, Al and Scott were always ready to look at your car when there were problems. Paul, the ace mechanic, was always willing to take the time away from his practice time to solder a motor or repair your car. Nat, how many times did you let me hack you so that I could get experience following your lines or how you taught me to react when being chased down. Jamil, Greg, Team Golddust, Kevin, Marty and Adam for being there and providing a great racing experience.

Thanks Marty for reshuffling the mains :mad: , I went from a good chance in getting two trophies to ending getting bumped up and ending near the bottom :confused:. Even though, I might say a sandbag, I dont. I only race against myself and see if I can get better. A trophy is nice but a win against Paul is better.

Once again, I would like to thank Al and Scott for provding a refuge for guys to get away from it all. I hope we can all race somewhere at sometime togother again.

J-Milz
2012.10.21, 12:28 PM
*****I'd like to announce the opening of ACTION RC 3. The remix..:D

Nah, in all seriousness.....I just wanted to say that back in 2008 when I moved to Staten Island I found a lil place that was advertised in the back of RC CAR ACTION magazine "tracks" section. So I plugged the address in my GPS and showed up. At first I was a lil unsure of the place because it felt like a club type atmosphere and I was the only "brother":eek: for a while. However when I met Al and the rest of the regulars I felt at home.

Who knew, that lil place on Ellis Ave would be responsible for the RC addict you see today. Over the last 4 years I cannot put a dollar value on the friends, experiences and time invested in a great place(s). I just wanna say Thank you guys!

I'm all for renting a VFW once a month, and race! Let's do SOMTHING like a beach series for the mini z.

This is not an obituary boys...... I'll see you suckas lata! Just look out for the floursent orange car performing a pit maneuver on ya!

Fifty7
2012.10.21, 07:33 PM
I second everything said by Raj and Jamil. The nats were a little smaller than we would've wanted but I had a great time. Thanks again to Al and Scott for trying to keep a place open for us to hang out every week. I will certainly miss having a place to race every week but look forward to getting together once in while for a club race and hopefully dinner and drinks with the great people I have met over the years.

Raj - like I said Saturday. I didn't drive your car just pushed the buttons. You put yourself there by driving very well. It sucks to be on the bubble trust me I know but it feels good to improve and be able to run with almost anyone of the regulars too.

See everyone at the next event....soon I hope. I'm already having withdrawals. Maybe it's finally time to get my a$$ to Maj's and learn some more.

Congrats to all the winners Saturday and to Dom. 2nd might not be a win but 2nd only to Roland in wide and pan was quite an accomplishment and his narrow win was dominating (and saved Scott some cash)

ActionRC
2012.10.25, 10:57 AM
Thanks for all of the great words, guys. I completely agree with all of you - Action RC was a special place. It allowed people to get their feet wet in the RC hobby, and allowed people to accel in other forms of RC. A great Mini-Z racer is an A-Main anything-else racer. We are used to driving harder to handle cars due to scale speeds, live rears, 2WD, and size, used to driving 1-2 times a week, and getting lots of track time - which means everything. I can't wait to race again. Last night was the first Wednesday home, and it hit me again that it's gone. Thank you again, Scott, for doing your best to keep it going. It was a great year, and your effort meant alot to me.

I should have info about the church soon. Once I know the scoop there, that will begin the next phase of Action RC Mini Speedway - Action RCRC - or Action RCē - or Action Radio Control Racing Club! (The new/current shirts already work for the new club name!) For new people reading this - send me your email address so I can add you to the mailing list. Once I know the deal with the church, we'll create a format for the club as far as membership, etc.

I was talking to Richie from Brooklyn Hobbies yesterday, and he has been going to 360 on Wed nights and Saturdays. I'll be going there straight from work on Wednesdays if anyone wants to come to get some practice in, and hopefully on some Saturdays once soccer ends in Nov.

Thanks for a great final race and Fall Nat's, everyone! I had a great time. :)

J-Milz
2012.10.30, 09:19 PM
Staten Island got slammed by sandy yesterday. I hope everybody made it out safely with minimal loss of property.

ActionRC
2012.11.01, 01:07 PM
Hope everyone is well - no power at my house still (Thursday, 1:00), but hopefully it will be on soon. Some blocks came on last night in my area. I'm going to Marty's!

Electric and gas - both very precious right now. I feel like Mad Max!

ShortBus
2012.11.04, 12:01 PM
glad to see people are still around :)

we got power late on thursday. dodged a bullet with our neighbors oak tree, otherwise no real damage.

jeff

GTR driver
2012.11.06, 09:53 PM
Got power back Sunday. Everything is fine other than a few roof tiles. Been going to midland to help out my friend that loss is house and cars along with other people.

GTR driver
2012.11.06, 09:55 PM
Hope everyone is well - no power at my house still (Thursday, 1:00), but hopefully it will be on soon. Some blocks came on last night in my area. I'm going to Marty's!

Electric and gas - both very precious right now. I feel like Mad Max!

I was thinking that also with all the gas issues going on now.

Golddust
2012.11.11, 06:24 PM
Really Clint:eek:

Golddust
2012.11.11, 06:25 PM
Have at it boys

rajiex
2012.11.17, 07:14 PM
thinking of going to majs on day after thanksgiving..anyone interested

GTR driver
2012.11.18, 02:51 AM
thinking of going to majs on day after thanksgiving..anyone interested

I've been thinking about it. I'll let you know. Anyone been going? I would assume scott has.

Golddust
2012.11.18, 01:59 PM
Horsham racetrack is awesome it is in horsham pa
Indoor heating
Easy to get to
open on saturdays
Lots of pit space
Huge track
And finally
a lot of food sources around

OffTheWall329
2012.11.18, 04:12 PM
If you want to get your mini-z fix in, come up to Cruizin. Races every saturday. Willy has been racing up there. Come on up!

J-Milz
2012.11.18, 09:19 PM
First, ACTION2 now 360! I'm running outta places to race!

ActionRC
2012.11.20, 09:18 AM
Definitely up for Maj's Friday!!! I know Scott was talking about going to Pole Position to run go-karts, but I'd like to get more bang for my buck at Maj's. I need a Mini-Z fix - major RC withdrawals! Don't feel like spending $30 for a few minutes of fun. If anyone wants to carpool to Maj's, I'm in. I'll send an email out to let everyone know this is in the works.

I'm up for Horsham maybe a couple of weeks later? Too early to tell, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Want to run the Mini Cooper and maybe TT01 if we can get a caravan going out there to get enough of them running? :D

By the way - ugliest Camaro ever:
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/florida%E2%80%99s-most-blinged-camaro-zl1-brings-out-the-haters-in-force.html

ActionRC
2012.11.20, 03:59 PM
ROAD TRIP TO MAJ's FRIDAY! Who's in??? I'm sending an email to the masses now! Let's get a big group, show our support for Mini-Z racing, and show the Maj's locals (especially Roland!) who the best Mini-Z racers are!

(Who am I kidding - I'll be happy if I beat Lil' Alex!)

Opens at 3, racing at 7:30 - 8. He has a picture of the layout on his thread. T-I-G-H-T! The lap counter straight actually scares me. :eek:

ActionRC
2012.11.21, 11:06 AM
Looking good so far!

Me
Nat
Paul
Raj
Adam
Team Golddust (More than likely.)

Hopefully more names to be announced soon! :D Email me for possible carpooling!

ActionRC
2012.11.23, 01:01 PM
Looks like we've got a good group going up to maj's tonight- we're leaving around 4 - hope to see everyone later!

Lionblade
2012.11.23, 01:08 PM
Sad to hear about the closing again. But it's heartening to see you guys still carrying on how you can.

I've got lots of memories from the original Action RC, wooden track and all.

KA2AEV
2012.11.25, 10:17 AM
So how'd it go Friday?

rajiex
2012.11.26, 09:06 AM
Mike & Jonathan,

Seven of us went up. I think everyone had a great especially me. Track is real nice and plenty of pit space. You dont need to really touch your car. Everything that worked at Scott's works here. Kyosho tires run well but Maj's A-mainers are running trued PN15s in front and PN6 or 7 in the rear. Also most of their guys are running PN32 turn motors. Check out the video posted by Roland.
Track looks tough but has a no flow to it. I plan to make another trip on the Friday between Xmas and New Year.

KA2AEV
2012.11.26, 09:53 PM
Mike & Jonathan,

Seven of us went up. I think everyone had a great especially me. Track is real nice and plenty of pit space. You dont need to really touch your car. Everything that worked at Scott's works here. Kyosho tires run well but Maj's A-mainers are running trued PN15s in front and PN6 or 7 in the rear. Also most of their guys are running PN32 turn motors. Check out the video posted by Roland.
Track looks tough but has a no flow to it. I plan to make another trip on the Friday between Xmas and New Year.

Hey Raj
Thanks for the update
Sandy kept me busy for the past few weeks
Only this week are things getting back to normal in the Boro of the Future
Slightly, ever so slightly...
Anyway will put that week on my calender and try my best for us to
make it out there
See Ya Soon!
Happy Holidays Guys!

ActionRC
2012.11.27, 09:12 AM
Had a great time Friday at Maj's! The track has flow, but there's one tricky part just before the lap counter. Great time!

Raj - You're thinking Dec. 28th?

KA2AEV
2012.11.27, 04:34 PM
Only 450 posts until the magical 12000 Post Battle!:D

J-Milz
2012.11.27, 07:00 PM
Happy Holidays boys.........Man I miss racing Mini's! I haven't been able to even think RC with the whole SANDY cleanup. Ive been working 12-16 hrs days here on the island and in coney island. Everytime I start to complain about life woes, I stop and just think about those who lost EVERYTHING! Then I become very grateful! On a side note.

I went to critters offroad track this past Sunday. Real cool place. In by 10:30 out by 2:30. 5 classes, 2 quals and a main. I wanna make the trek to Maj's soon. I hear they got the motorcycles running well there. My mini z's are collecting dust. Hope to see some of u guys soon.

machgo5go
2012.11.27, 08:57 PM
Had a great time Friday at Maj's! The track has flow, but there's one tricky part just before the lap counter. Great time!

Al, glad you had a great time and like the flow of the track layout since it is my 1st. time at it in design. Looking forward to see you all groupies during the holidays!

rajiex
2012.11.28, 06:11 AM

Yea Al, the 28th. Its the only Friday that works for me..Other Saturdays are open, I might do a Cruzin race..Just wish some sort of mini z racing returns to the Island. Would love to do a club race thing monthly or every two months.

Golddust
2012.12.01, 12:03 AM
Horsham even has wifi. Just realized it today.
dodged a bullet with my 2 100 year old oaks in my front yard. My grandmothers has gotten flooded.higher than i am. (I am 6 feet 2inches) it was almost 7 feetdeep.
sewage + salt water-perfect mess.
I consider this "superstorm sandy.
Ironically this hurricane happened on the day of the anniversary of The Perfect Storm which happened back in 1991 :eek::D

rajiex
2012.12.03, 12:03 PM
Going to Majs on the 28th. Just like November, does everyone want to do a group trip.

Johnathan
2012.12.13, 10:10 PM
Hey everyone it's Johnathan. I'm back from college and am in need of some long needed racing. I am thinking of going to Maj's tomorrow if anyone is interested in going racing. Hope to see you there!

ActionRC
2012.12.13, 10:11 PM
Here comes johnathan for the first time ever on the forum! Have to save some $ for Christmas but the 28th should be good for me.

GTR driver
2012.12.14, 01:27 AM
I'm also thinking about the 28th also. I guess thats when the rest of the group is going? I missed out on the last visit :(

J-Milz
2012.12.15, 09:03 PM
I miss u guys! I'm in....

GTR driver
2012.12.16, 12:57 AM
Dec 28th. Save the date!

Slapstick10
2012.12.16, 01:55 PM
Hey guys! Hope all is well . Between the storm and holidays I'm pretty much have no free time . Glad to see you guys are getting around . I'll try and make it the 28th but it's questionable as always with new years . Hope to see you guys soon .

Johnathan
2012.12.21, 07:23 AM
Possibly going to Maj's again today if anyone else is interested in going

Golddust
2012.12.24, 08:24 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone:)

Mario's_racing
2012.12.25, 12:37 AM
Yes, Merry Christmas to my Action RC Family :)

ActionRC
2012.12.26, 09:08 AM
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! It's looking good for Maj's on the 28th - lots of people have told me they're going! You all (as far as I know) have my cell #, so keep me posted!

See everyone Friday! :D

Johnathan
2012.12.28, 04:46 AM
Hope to see you all there! It's been awhile, cant wait to see all you guys

rajiex
2012.12.28, 06:15 AM
Hope to see a lot of guys tonite at Majs

ActionRC
2012.12.28, 02:42 PM
Big group heading up to Maj's tonight! Just to name a few...

Al
Scott
Danny
Adam
Crop
Johnathan
Paul
Raj
Team Golddust
Nat

Should be a fun night! See you all there! :D

J-Milz
2013.01.02, 01:30 AM
Happy New Years guys! it was fun seenig the rc family again. I was thinking of making a trek to Motorama this year its like a race junkies wet dream. LMK!

http://www(dot)motoramaevents(dot)com/

OffTheWall329
2013.01.02, 06:40 PM
If I had the money, I was gonna race in it.

Cherub1m
2013.01.02, 09:00 PM
Happy New Years guys! it was fun seenig the rc family again. I was thinking of making a trek to Motorama this year its like a race junkies wet dream. LMK!

http://www(dot)motoramaevents(dot)com/

Were do you guys race your 10 scale touring cars? I just got a new chassis and plan on running at Jackson racing in the summer but during the winter were do you all go?

Right now I am Minizing at Cruizin on Saturdays (you guys are welcome to run your Zs at Cruizin) in short, I have to alternate Saturdays so I need another race night, let me know - Thanks

rajiex
2013.01.03, 07:50 AM
Were do you guys race your 10 scale touring cars? I just got a new chassis and plan on running at Jackson racing in the summer but during the winter were do you all go?

Right now I am Minizing at Cruizin on Saturdays (you guys are welcome to run your Zs at Cruizin) in short, I have to alternate Saturdays so I need another race night, let me know - Thanks

Happy New Year Philip,

Some of the guys go to Horsham in PA. A little outside of Trenton.

Golddust
2013.01.03, 11:47 AM
Phillip
This is a really nice place
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/657955-horsham-raceway-2012-2013-indoor-carpet-season-73.html

Cherub1m
2013.01.03, 06:17 PM
Happy New Year Philip,

Some of the guys go to Horsham in PA. A little outside of Trenton.

Phillip
This is a really nice place
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/657955-horsham-raceway-2012-2013-indoor-carpet-season-73.html

Thanks guys much appreciated. I've heard some of you guys talk about "The Beach" is that also a possibility for the winter?

Golddust
2013.01.03, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys much appreciated. I've heard some of you guys talk about "The Beach" is that also a possibility for the winter?

Im not really sure what happened to the beach track
My Dad says that the area that it was got it really bad from
SuperStorm Sandy, so it might have been washed away:(

Mike Keely
2013.01.06, 12:28 PM
I first hope that everyone is doing better after the storm.

Not sure if any of your crew is interested in doing a 3-4 hour endure race in DC in the next couple of months. We were thinking of a hand out body and motor. Entry fee would be around $40 per team to cover the body and motors. Min. of 3 man teams. It would be at least a 4 L track with expansion pack and long inside turns. Trophies for 1st,2nd, and 3rd. Please let us know if you are interested. Thanks MK

Slapstick10
2013.01.06, 03:03 PM
I first hope that everyone is doing better after the storm.

Not sure if any of your crew is interested in doing a 3-4 hour endure race in DC in the next couple of months. We were thinking of a hand out body and motor. Entry fee would be around $40 per team to cover the body and motors. Min. of 3 man teams. It would be at least a 4 L track with expansion pack and long inside turns. Trophies for 1st,2nd, and 3rd. Please let us know if you are interested. Thanks MK

Mike I greatly appreciate you posting the information here. Let us know when you have a date. The earlier we know the better the possibility of us going! Also if possible try and stay away from roar and slowbird races.

J-Milz
2013.01.07, 01:38 AM

The beach WAS a summer series hosted by Brownies hobbies here in Staten Island. Like Golddust said it WAS on the door step of Sandy wrath. Not sure of its future but I went by there a few weeks ago and it was gone!

360 v2 WAS also an open as well. That track was in New Rochelle. But it's currently closed due to legal reasons. Horssham is the best bet.

I'm doing more offloading and a little bit of mini. It's like the only game in town now.

ActionRC
2013.01.09, 01:42 PM
My RC status...

- Working on my VTA '68 Camaro. Bought a new radio, 25.5 brushless kit, new gearing, wheels, tires, etc. Can't wait to finish the final touches and head out to Horsham! Can't wait for the Slowbirds!

- Had a great time at Maj's. We definitely need to do that once a month.

- My RC plans: Horsham in the winter, Jackson in the summer, beach in the summer, Maj's once a month all year. I'd like to run VTA and M-chassis, and at Horsham (and maybe the beach), I'm handing off my TT01 to Justin because he likes running one class and I like running two. (I know it will KILL me not to run TT01 and I'll end up having to get another one for me!)

Wish we had racing on SI on a more regular basis, as that would become my primary, but for now, I am happy to be able to meet up with other groups. Bigger numbers of drivers = better, more leveled competition, so I am enjoying what we've got, even if we have to travel a bit. Can't someone PLEASE open an indoor track in central NJ with heat, AC, wifi, and a big carpet track!!?? Boy do I miss American Raceway!!!

rajiex
2013.01.09, 05:32 PM
I am happy to be able to meet up with other groups. Bigger numbers of drivers = better, more leveled competition,

Are your really that traumatized that I finished ahead of you? LOL

tommy_greeneyes
2013.01.09, 06:01 PM
My RC status...

Can't someone PLEASE open an indoor track in central NJ with heat, AC, wifi, and a big carpet track!!?? Boy do I miss American Raceway!!!

Yes that would be nice to have a track in the cen jersey area. a new Carpet track .lol i would like that to...:D

Cherub1m
2013.01.09, 06:59 PM
Im not really sure what happened to the beach track
My Dad says that the area that it was got it really bad from
SuperStorm Sandy, so it might have been washed away:(

The beach WAS a summer series hosted by Brownies hobbies here in Staten Island. Like Golddust said it WAS on the door step of Sandy wrath. Not sure of its future but I went by there a few weeks ago and it was not gone!

360 WAS also an open as well. That track was in New Rochelle. But it's currently closed due to legal reasons. Horssham is the best bet.

I'm doing more offloading and a little bit of mini. It's like the only game in town now.

Thank for the information guys once i finish building my touring car I have hope of heading to Horssham and Jackson

My RC status...

Can't someone PLEASE open an indoor track in central NJ with heat, AC, wifi, and a big carpet track!!?? Boy do I miss American Raceway!!!

:D I hear you, my only carpet fix at this time is at the Cruizin carpet track with the Miniz's

KA2AEV
2013.01.09, 10:08 PM
Al,
Where and when was American Raceway?

rajiex
2013.01.10, 11:12 AM
My RC status...

- Working on my VTA '68 Camaro. Bought a new radio, 25.5 brushless kit, new gearing, wheels, tires, etc. Can't wait to finish the final touches and head out to Horsham! Can't wait for the Slowbirds!

-

I am also working on my VTA car. Do you know if anyone else is going on the 27th?
I need my Wednesday mini z fix back.. Once a month is not cutting it.

KA2AEV
2013.01.10, 04:01 PM
Team Golddust is doing the trip ( I have off!!!)
Im not sure if Ill be ready tho, Golddust is already!:eek:

J-Milz
2013.01.10, 08:27 PM
It seems like a big group may be headed to Horsham Jan 27. I have a new touring, and VTA car, so im in! Hope they let my Trans Am race.

KA2AEV
2013.01.10, 08:50 PM
They should they just started a thread on RCTech and for the classes they mentioned VTA
I think the setup (gearing) is different from what they run at the beach
for that class, so you may want to talk to the people in the know about that
class
Let me know if you need the URL for that thread

Johnathan
2013.01.11, 03:57 AM
Hey guys, thinking about hitting up Maj's tomorrow one last time before I head back to college. Not sure yet if I'm going but if anyone else is interested, maybe ill see you there

ActionRC
2013.01.14, 01:36 PM
Johnathan - Sorry I missed your post. I was away, so I couldn't go anyway.

Mike - American Raceway was just passed the entrance to Raceway Park in Englishtown. You could run there all year - indoor and out, on road and off. It was RC heaven. Great racing all year. From what I remember, which may not be 100% accurate, the landlord wanted the off-road track gone, and the track owner couldn't sell or run the business without it, so like so many other tracks, it disappeared. If it didn't close, Action RC would have never existed. I used to go every Tuesday after work for practice and at least every other weekend to race. It was so awesome.

Jamil - You may have a hard time with the T/A. The only rule exception I saw was that you didn't have to have a driver figure. You may want to paint up a quick blue and orange Camaro/Mustang/Javelin, etc. so I know which car I am trying to take out. (Don't worry - I'll be taking out Team Golddust, DKR, DMS, and even Team Independent!) Haha!

Can't wait to go to Horsham for the Slowbirds! Getting ready to destroy Raj in TT01, VTA, and M-Chassis!

That RC Tech forum is so hard to navigate. I searched Slowbirds in Yahoo, found the forum, posted, and once I went in and out of the forum I couldn't find the thread again. It's too big! I like smaller forums like this or like American Raceway had. I can't filter through all that info! Track-specific forums are the best for actual information that pertains to the place you actually race.

Slapstick10
2013.01.14, 02:01 PM
FYI I am the points leader in vta at Horsham right now. Another words I'm thinking of a podium appearance and coming home with a bird ! You talk alot for a guy who doesn't use a setup station!! Haha

KA2AEV
2013.01.14, 06:25 PM
Oh here we go
I knew I should have kept my mouth shut
Ya think I would learn
Al
Now the gauntlet of challenge has been thrown down at your feet
You Must now beat Scott in VTA
Team Golddust can handle the TT01 and Mini Class

KA2AEV
2013.01.14, 06:29 PM
Al
Check your email I sent you the link

CDR racing
2013.01.14, 09:11 PM
Johnathan - Sorry I missed your post. I was away, so I couldn't go anyway.

Mike - American Raceway was just passed the entrance to Raceway Park in Englishtown. You could run there all year - indoor and out, on road and off. It was RC heaven. Great racing all year. From what I remember, which may not be 100% accurate, the landlord wanted the off-road track gone, and the track owner couldn't sell or run the business without it, so like so many other tracks, it disappeared. If it didn't close, Action RC would have never existed. I used to go every Tuesday after work for practice and at least every other weekend to race. It was so awesome.

Jamil - You may have a hard time with the T/A. The only rule exception I saw was that you didn't have to have a driver figure. You may want to paint up a quick blue and orange Camaro/Mustang/Javelin, etc. so I know which car I am trying to take out. (Don't worry - I'll be taking out Team Golddust, DKR, DMS, and even Team Independent!) Haha!

Can't wait to go to Horsham for the Slowbirds! Getting ready to destroy Raj in TT01, VTA, and M-Chassis!

That RC Tech forum is so hard to navigate. I searched Slowbirds in Yahoo, found the forum, posted, and once I went in and out of the forum I couldn't find the thread again. It's too big! I like smaller forums like this or like American Raceway had. I can't filter through all that info! Track-specific forums are the best for actual information that pertains to the place you actually race.

That signature just keeps getting better and better Al.

ActionRC
2013.01.15, 08:48 AM
I had to edit my signature for RC Tech also yesterday. It was from when I still had the track, but I had to cut this one down to just 5 lines!

I have formal challenges from Scott and Raj. I don't think I can beat Scott. He upgraded from the TC3, and really had been dialing in that car, although John Brown has a TC3 and rocks it in VTA. Raj, on the other hand, has been rapidly improving and needs to be stopped. He beat me at Maj's because my car was awful. At Horsham, his threat ends. As far as Golddust, I'll just have to stay clear! (Although, in all seriousness, Golddust is really good with the bigger cars. I'll just take him out if he doesn't take me out first. ;))

Anyone thinking of going to Horsham on the 19th for a final test?

rajiex
2013.01.15, 11:29 AM
He beat me at Maj's because my car was awful. At Horsham, his threat ends.

Really you want to blame anything else. Maybe the dew point was too high, ambient temperature off one degree.

KA2AEV
2013.01.17, 04:58 PM
really you want to blame anything else. Maybe the dew point was too high, ambient temperature off one degree.

let the trash talking begin!

Slapstick10
2013.01.18, 09:01 AM
Raj - do I smell a whiff of fear from you? Are you scared of Al? Lmao!

ActionRC
2013.01.18, 09:11 AM
Raj - It was barometric pressure!

All - Kevin S was thinking of going to Maj's 2/1. Maybe we can all head up there again?

ActionRC
2013.01.18, 09:33 AM
For fans of Trans-Am racing, the Mustang and Camaro rivalry is back!
http://www.gotransam.com/latest-news/2013/1/2/trans-am-series-puts-the-pony-back-in-the-paddock-for-2013-1.html

They've been in the Continental Tire series and SCCA, but the more road racing the better! There are so many seasons to follow. Right now I'm watching British and German Touring cars, and FIA GT1 and Touring. I gave up on Porsche Cup - the same guy won and dominated every week I watched!

rajiex
2013.01.18, 09:55 AM
Raj - do I smell a whiff of fear from you? Are you scared of Al? Lmao!

Fear from Al, NO. His car, Yes. Just put togother a new car to race. Dont want to go thru half a qualifier and hear I had the line and then watch pieces of my car fly all over the track. and then go into who is hacking and sandbagging again.

It was fun to hear him at Majs, my car is bad that is why you are ahead of me. Paul and I were lmao on the stands.

KA2AEV
2013.01.18, 01:49 PM
Raj, Are you saying you were
VENDITTI'D ???

Mike Keely
2013.01.18, 08:35 PM
We are picking back up on our 2008 smash success 3 Hour Endurance Race! We are not only building on this success but taking it up a notch and making it 4 hours!

Date: Saturday, March 16, 2013
Frederick
919C North East Street
Frederick, MD 21701
(301) 694-7395
sales@htufrederickmd.com

Email or PM me via this forum for registrations. Please have team leader designated for delivery of hand out body.
Team entry fee: $45.00
This is not for profit, these are reimbursable costs and fee's, broken down as follows;
Hand out body = $17
Hand out motor = $7
Trophies = $6
HT USA fee = $15

Format/Rules:
Body: hand out white body - Ferrari 599XX
Motor: hand out motor - PN Mini-Z PNWC 2009 Official 70 Turn Stock Motor
Wheel Offsets: front +2mm offset/20mm dia.; +3 offset/20mm dia.
Batteries: AAA NIMH batteries
Tires: any rubber tires
Chassis: any Iwaver, Kyosho, Firelap, Xmods chassis. No brushless systems. If all teams have VE, we can consider making it VE only. No FET restrictions.
3 person team, minimum
4 hours long
There will be a designated 'PIT' area on the track. All cars must enter/exit within this area unless Marshall is requested to pick up your car. Otherwise, HANDS OFF!

Requirements:
-White body must be painted. All parts must be attached. All entries will be entered in Best in Show competition with voting by popular choice at event. At time of registration, please designate team member responsible for painting autoscale and provide address for delivery.
-Motors will be picked at random by team captains day of race. We will have a small number of extra's in case of catastrophic motor failure.
-Giro-Z/ZRound will be used for scoring.
-Track layout TBD.

Schedule:
Friday. March 15, 2013
Track will be setup at time to be determined and open for practice Friday afternoon/night.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Store opens at 10:0am
Race starts at noon
Race ends at 4:00pm
Store closes at 5:30pm

Facility has pit spaces and chairs available.

ActionRC
2013.01.21, 04:39 PM
That event does sound like fun. Enduros are awesome. We used to run 6 hour Mini-Z enduros at Action RC!

Had an awesome time at Horsham Saturday. Ran the VTA for the first time. 23 laps qual 1, 24 laps qual 2, and 25 laps qual 3, 4 seconds behind leader. (I just missed 26, he just squeezed in 26.) Was 2nd in the main when my stripped steering knuckle bolt finally fell out. I had an awesome time with Danny, Scott, and Rob. There are some really nice guys over there. Can't wait for the Snowbirds on Sunday!

Raj is going down! ;)

J-Milz
2013.01.21, 06:49 PM

I have a 68' Camaro being painted as we speak. Im also trying to get my hands on a new ESC because the 6 tekin RS's that I have are useless in this class now. If all else fails ill run 17.5 Tc, TT01 and M-chassis for this event. C yall there.

Man, I miss racing the mini z's:(.

rajiex
2013.01.23, 06:18 PM
Can't wait for the Snowbirds on Sunday!

Raj is going down! ;)

Thanks for the mad props, Al..LOL.. for guys that havent seen my race they must think that I am good since you are scared of me..

Brownie Hobbies is out of AMB transponders and wont get any in before Sunday. Does anyone have a spare or does Horsham carry loaners.

GTR driver
2013.01.27, 03:27 AM
Raj - It was barometric pressure!

All - Kevin S was thinking of going to Maj's 2/1. Maybe we can all head up there again?

I'm interested in going 2/1. Had alot of fun at Maj's last time.

ActionRC
2013.01.28, 09:01 AM
Slowbirds were awesome! Over 115 drivers! Had a great time with everyone!

Not 100% sure on Friday Mini-Z. I raced Saturday last weekend and yesterday, so I'm not sure if I can do 3 weeks in a row, but I'll see.

Kevin S.
2013.01.31, 08:42 AM
Hey Guys,
It's been way too long and I hope everyone is doing well. Nat, Paul, and myself are planning to go to Maj's tomorrow night for some racing. Hope some other people could join us. It would be great to see everyone and race with everyone again.

Mike Keely
2013.02.03, 09:58 AM
Hi guys, again not trying to invade on your thread. As I hope most of you know that we have a 4 hour enduro coming up on March 16th here in MD. I am trying to get a feel for any teams that where planning on coming. We are about a month away but we have not really heard any buzz about other clubs coming. If anyone was planning on coming please send me a private message. I feel that we will need to cancel the race at the hobby shop were it is being held if it looks like we don't have enough teams. Thanks guys. MK

ActionRC
2013.02.13, 10:07 AM
Mike - I haven't heard anyone talking about going. Since action closed we go up to maj's sometimes, but many of us have been running 1/10 a lot. It seems like mini-z really calmed down in the NYC area unfortunately. With critters and horsham running full-swing now, the 1/10 scene has exploded.

J-Milz
2013.02.27, 06:40 PM
Hello-0-0-0-0-0.....anybody here-ere-ere-ere. It's an echo in here?

KA2AEV
2013.02.28, 06:06 AM
Jamealealealealeal

That youyouyouyou

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ActionRC
2013.03.14, 08:14 PM
Hey everyone. I am in communication with many of you, an many of us have been racing together at critters and horsham. I've been racing at critters alot - it's close and absolutely great! Hope you can all get a tamiya m-chassis or TT01 and come racing with me. I've been racing on Fridays and I also raced last Sunday. I can't race this weekend but I'll be back there again soon. Hope all is well with everyone not in the regular loop. Even though I am really enjoying the larger cars I sure miss seeing everyone and racing together. Hope we get to race at the beach this year! See you all soon! - al

rajiex
2013.03.14, 08:33 PM
Hey everyone. I am in communication with many of you, an many of us have been racing together at critters and horsham. I've been racing at critters alot - it's close and absolutely great! Hope you can all get a tamiya m-chassis or TT01 and come racing with me. I've been racing on Fridays and I also raced last Sunday. I can't race this weekend but I'll be back there again soon. Hope all is well with everyone not in the regular loop. Even though I am really enjoying the larger cars I sure miss seeing everyone and racing together. Hope we get to race at the beach this year! See you all soon! - al

Where do they race on Sundays?

J-Milz
2013.03.21, 08:29 PM
You guys should grab some 1/8 nitro GT's and come out to FBF! I did and its an awesome class!

KA2AEV
2013.03.23, 09:45 AM
Okay we're off to the TCS in MD

Wish us Luck!!!

Slapstick10
2013.03.26, 10:58 AM
Hello guys long time no hear. Between work and 1/10 I've been so busy. I wanted to give a heads up. I'm planning on selling the track and lap counter. If anyone is interested contact me direct. I am willing tell whole as a package but will depend on where and who. I want to protect existing tracks in surrounding areas.

KA2AEV
2013.03.28, 11:19 AM
Guys we had a ball down at the TCS in MD this past weekend
Its a really nice BIG track Golddust did really well placing second in the TT-01
and 4th in the GT3
If you get a chance to do a road trip in August for their next event do it

KA2AEV
2013.03.28, 12:15 PM
BTW Golddust and I might be doing a road trip out to Reading, PA to race
with the boys out there on April 21st
Thats a REAL nice Mini Z Track too!!!

ActionRC
2013.04.05, 05:02 PM
Heard Maj put down a carpet track and got rid of the RCP. Wonder what it'll be like. I thought it was really smooth already. Wonder if grip is better, making diffs and tires less of an issue.

Big race at Critters tomorrow! Can't wait!!! :)

KA2AEV
2013.04.07, 07:50 PM
So how'd you guys do???

CDR racing
2013.04.11, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone, long time no see. I know it's real last minute, but I'm doing a Relay for Life fundraiser at school to help fight cancer. So far I've raised over $2100, but I'm just short of my $2500 goal and the event is tomorrow. I'm doing this to honor my cousin who you may remember passed away last summer. So if you guys could donate anything I'd really appreciate it. If you don't see this in time, the site will be up for a little while even after the event, but if you could help me reach my goal by tomorrow I'd really appreciate it. The link to donate is http://main(dot)acsevents(dot)org/goto/briandoty Thanks everyone!

Johnathan
2013.06.01, 01:15 AM
Looks like you guys could use a little "action"! I'm planning on racing at maj's next Friday. It would be awesome if I could see some of you guys there for old times sake. Also I've got a 1/10 Mini Cooper class set up and I really want to start racing the bigger scale with you guys. When and where are you guys racing them? See you on the track! :)

J-Milz
2013.06.02, 08:19 PM
I was just cleaning out my garage and putting my mini z stuff away when I decided to take out the Z to bash.....long story short. I miss the Z's. I may make the trip to maj's with ya. As far as 1/10. Check the forum. I think "THE BEACH" has moved to Jackson NJ. There is also critters. I'd like to see ya with an Xray 1/10 touring car myself..c ya soon!

KA2AEV
2013.06.16, 04:28 PM
Happy Fathers Day Guys!!!

ActionRC
2013.06.23, 10:15 AM
Major withdrawals!

It's just not the same without a Staten Island based track. I'm working on it! Will be in touch with everyone soon!

rajiex
2013.06.24, 09:15 AM
Major withdrawals!

It's just not the same without a Staten Island based track. I'm working on it! Will be in touch with everyone soon!

about time

J-Milz
2013.06.24, 06:12 PM
I just sold a bunch of mini z stuff😡....I hope something develops!

ShortBus
2013.06.27, 02:33 PM
Sure is quiet around here...... Kinda like that TV Show "Life After People" :)

tommy_greeneyes
2013.06.27, 04:58 PM

your right jeff. to quiet here,hope Al got some good news :D

KA2AEV
2013.06.27, 09:06 PM

There were people on here?

ShortBus
2013.06.27, 10:44 PM
shhhh, they are watching.......

CDR racing
2013.06.28, 03:53 PM
I still get a kick out of Al's signature every time I see it. Professional resume padding right there! ;)

KA2AEV
2013.06.28, 04:13 PM
shhhh, they are watching.......

Oh!

wow

KA2AEV
2013.06.28, 04:13 PM
I still get a kick out of Al's signature every time I see it. Professional resume padding right there! ;)

Do I know you?

J-Milz
2013.06.28, 10:37 PM

He forgot PODAS
PRESIDENT OF D ACTION SAGA's

KA2AEV
2013.06.29, 11:52 AM
He forgot PODAS
PRESIDENT OF D ACTION SAGA's

You're another one
You do look familiar
Do I know you?

J-Milz
2013.07.09, 11:16 AM
Don't forget guys. Brownies and Jackson RC is having their TCS race July 21.... Hope to see as many ACTION faces there as possible! So bring out those TT-01's and mini's.

herman
2013.07.19, 12:14 AM
greetings guys... i have a planned trip to the us sometime in oct... going to stay with my brother in law in ny (jericho) for a couple of days... was hoping to visit some tracks in the area... would greatly appreciate it if somebody could point out a nearby track that i can visit... thanks in advance... :D

tommy_greeneyes
2013.07.19, 12:47 PM
greetings guys... i have a planned trip to the us sometime in oct... going to stay with my brother in law in ny (jericho) for a couple of days... was hoping to visit some tracks in the area... would greatly appreciate it if somebody could point out a nearby track that i can visit... thanks in advance... :D

there is no track in Staten Island That races mini zs .right now

majs hobby shop in Saddle Brook New Jersey is your best bet.

minittrackmann
2013.08.13, 04:15 PM
Anyone been going to critters? gonna start going up regularly to get ready for winter I hope I see some of yous!

herman
2013.08.13, 08:26 PM
thanks for the info... where is critters? is there a track / shop there?

minittrackmann
2013.08.15, 10:39 PM
Fairfield nj. There is a huge stocked shop. 80x30 indoor carpet track and freshly built outdoor dirt track. It's about hour thirty from me and I'm exit 91 off the gsp. Check em out on F******k under critters raceway. Ill be there Saturday come on down and check it out!

Cody

Johnathan
2013.09.11, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,

This semester I'm taking online courses so I will be around and hope to be racing Mini-z and 1/10 scale mini class at midland beach. I'll be at Maj's this fri (13th) and hopefully doing my first 1/10 scale race next sunday (22nd). Hope to see some familiar faces around. Great to back into "Action"!

Johnathan

ActionRC
2013.11.26, 12:15 PM
WANTED: Mini-Z track on Staten Island

Boy do I miss racing with you guys. Can't wait to see most of you at Horsham this Sunday for Brownie's Racing, but I sure miss our mid-week get togethers and Friday night races. We really need to set something up and running in SI. I am trying so hard to find someplace we can race something. If anyone can help, please let me know. Even just a little Mini-Z track with the old Core system. Anything! - Al :(

ActionRC
2013.12.26, 02:48 PM
Hi, everyone! Happy Holidays! Hope everyone is well and continuing to enjoy our awesome hobby. I know I am! I just wanted to touch base and report what's been going on in the Staten Island RC racing community. Basically, this message is to let you know that if you want to race on any given weekend, you can - just not in Staten Island.

- Cruizin with RC's: Waldwick, NJ (Indoor Mini-Z, Outdoor Off-Road) http://www.cruizinrc.com/

- Maj's Hobby Shop: Saddlebrook, NJ (Indoor Mini-Z) http://majsrc.com/

- Cripsy Critters: Fairfield, NJ (Indoor On-Road, Outdoor Off-Road) http://critterhobbies.com/index2.html

- Horsham RC: Horsham, PA (Indoor On-Road) http://horshamrc.org/

- Jackson RC: Jackson, NJ (Outdoor On-Road) http://www.jacksonrcracing.com/

- Brownies Hobby: Staten Island, NY (Outdoor On-Road, Outdoor Off-Road?) http://www2.brownieshobbies.com/

- Island Raceway and Hobby: Lindenhurst, NY (Indoor Off-Road) http://www.islandraceway.com/

- Coming soon: Bruckner Hobbies is building a new facility that will feature indoor on-road and off-road carpet tracks, as well as indoor flying! This forum has all of the info: http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/773117-nyc-rc-entertainment-center-18-000sq-ft.html

These places definitely cover all forms of RC all year, so you can race every weekend - as long as you're willing and able to leave Staten Island. Justin and I have been going to Critters and Horsham for 1/10th scale racing. Horsham races on Saturdays, and Critters races on Sundays, so I go to either depending on which day is free. These are both amazing facilities. Maj's and Cruizin' continue to run Mini-Z, and many familiar faces are still in the game. As was the case with Action RC, Mini-Z is still your best choice to race year 'round consistently - almost any day. If you're making a new investment, 1/10th scale touring is great because it runs someplace every weekend - except Brownie's beach racing. VTA and Mini are also very popular at most tracks.

For more detail on what's going on at certain tracks in our area, feel free to email me, contact these facilities, or check out their F******k and forums. I'm no expert, but I have a pretty good feel on what's going on at most of these places.

As far as racing on Staten Island, I am still working with business owners, politicians, and even a popular island car dealership to help us get a piece of property to race on. Unfortunately, every square foot of land on SI is precious, and even though there's lots of it sitting unused, it's expensive to rent. After the new year I will be pursuing more aggressively getting something set up by the Spring. Believe me - I'm trying! While it's easy enough to get in the car and travel 40 minutes into NJ, many of us miss that mid-week Wednesday night racing. I'll keep everyone posted with my progress.

Until then, I hope you all had a great Hanukah and Christmas, and have a very safe and happy New Year!

Al
RIP Action RC Mini Speedway
actionRCspeedway@yahoo.com

ActionRC
2014.07.03, 05:29 PM
PS - Also been racing at Trains and Lanes in PA. Great track!

So sad to see this forum covered in cobwebs. :(

Al

Slapstick10
2014.07.13, 01:21 PM
Al we tried our best. Thank you for turning me on to rc it has been an awesome ride with mini z and beyond!!!

fraga
2014.10.26, 12:55 PM
Cruizin took the track out. They might put one down for the winter if there is interest.

For now, looks like Maj is the only one near NYC.

-Javier

tommy_greeneyes
2014.10.27, 07:06 PM
Cruizin took the track out. They might put one down for the winter if there is interest.

For now, looks like Maj is the only one near NYC.

-Javier

it would be nice to see ron put up a track, and have some racing on saturdays.:)

J-Milz
2014.11.03, 06:53 AM
Sold all my mini stuff, but 1 shelf queen. I miss the BS'n with the fellas more than anything.

ShortBus
2015.09.30, 10:30 PM
Bueller.... Bueller...?

ActionRC
2015.11.04, 05:20 PM
Dust off the Z's, boys... December 5th!

Check out Maj's forum. He's trying to get the old crew back together with classes that our Z's are still perfect for. Don't be afraid to be old' school!

Mini-ZRacer.com Forums > Tracks and GTGs > Mini Z Racing, Maj's Hobby Shop, Saddle Brook NJ

I'll send an email as well! :D

Al

ActionRC
2016.11.30, 05:44 PM
I miss Action RC so much!!! :(

EMU
2016.11.30, 05:50 PM
I miss Action RC so much!!! :(

Saturday's just aren't the same anymore... :(

mleemor60
2016.11.30, 06:35 PM
Neither is this forum without your regular visits and massive amount of stored knowledge. Great to see you visiting. You are truly missed.

EMU
2016.11.30, 06:55 PM
I miss it every day... Feels like a death in the family.

I still have all of my stuff, can't let it go... :rolleyes: although the girlfriend wants the space that it's taking up in the apartment for her plants :sigh:

Someday soon I'll be back at a track... I hope.

lfisminiz
2016.11.30, 07:29 PM
I miss it every day... Feels like a death in the family.

I still have all of my stuff, can't let it go... :rolleyes: although the girlfriend wants the space that it's taking up in the apartment for her plants :sigh:

Someday soon I'll be back at a track... I hope.

I hope too! ;):D

GIHOSU
2016.12.13, 09:12 AM
Saturday's just aren't the same anymore... :(

Truly not the same...

On Sunday I was reminiscing about racing the Nascar setups on the big oval, those were good times...

tommy_greeneyes
2016.12.14, 07:32 PM
Truly not the same...

On Sunday I was reminiscing about racing the Nascar setups on the big oval, those were good times...

Yes it was a good old days

EMU
2016.12.14, 08:05 PM
Truly not the same...

Guys that race oval, can't do anything RIGHT!:p

Miss those NASCAR races... My am 015 was quick, with only 2x stock fets.

mortimerXIV
2017.11.09, 11:02 AM
This thread is dead. Long live this thread!

Where do staten islanders race Mini-Zs, and do they race for speed, drifting, or some other set of rules (or lack of rules?). I'm looking to get a mini-z soon and am trying to weigh some options for which type I get in to, and part of that is to find out what others in the area are racing!

Cheers,
mortimerXIV

mleemor60
2017.11.09, 02:45 PM
Bruckner in Queens I believe.