PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

philly123
2007.04.08, 02:56 AM
im not sure what grease you are supposed to use in the shocks.

where can i get this stuff from because this site is sold out in half the stuff and atomic mods website dosent work

EMU
2007.04.08, 03:07 AM
Its very thick... very... Atomic does not state what the viscosity level is in it though... The amount that they supply you with in the SAS set, is very little... enough for a few applications. Luckily it doesnt need much.

I once mistakenly used this grease on my MR02 disc damper (instead of the Kyosho grease that came with the damper)... it was horribly results on the disc damper... :P

Lionblade
2007.04.08, 10:53 PM
Since I dont know anyone who runs with 0d toe and 0d camber :eek:

Is that close to stock? That's what I was running for the first two heats. :confused:

philly123
2007.04.08, 11:18 PM
stock is with everything at 0d but u can change it with knuckles and tie rods. i was running the stock parts in the back and my car was great but then i modified the board and the back dosent stay down so i had to get the SAS setup. i hope it works so i can put the macho in it in a few weeks

EMU
2007.04.08, 11:32 PM
The stock chassis comes with a .5d toe in on the rear. So there is a little toe, camber is still 0.

The rear end that I let you run, had 2d camber, 1.5d toe in... The springs were a little too hard, last race I had stock springs in there, but didnt have enough steering response. Switching to a harder rear spring gave me a little more pull into and out of the corners, however, I did a little too much.

Atomic has some new Delrin tie rods that I am going to test out (ordered them last week). I really hate using an alloy tie rod, since it binds much more than the plastic, and also causes the knuckles to either crack (plastic) or bend (alloy) when you get hit on the side. I would much rather have the tie rod take the abuse than have the suspension lock up. Its much easier to change the tie rod than to change knuckles, and cheaper as well.

philly123
2007.04.11, 01:05 AM
sry for giving you the wrong info vin i was pretty sure on it but as we all know eugene knows alot more :p

Lionblade
2007.04.11, 02:52 PM
sry for giving you the wrong info vin i was pretty sure on it but as we all know eugene knows alot more :p

That's alright, I didn't run out and buy anything anyway. :p

EDIT: Messed it up again.

philly123
2007.04.15, 01:57 AM
hey eugene if u cant fix the board dont worry about it cuz i was reading something that siad the exponential i s shot when it does that so that would mean the board is done i guess ill have to send it back

LouC
2007.04.15, 12:06 PM
How was racing last night?
How many more weeks in this point series?
I am anxious to run NASCAR every Sat night.

CDR racing
2007.04.15, 05:07 PM
How was racing last night?
How many more weeks in this point series?
I am anxious to run NASCAR every Sat night.

It was pretty good. A little quiet but some good racing. We ran NASCAR last night and that was pretty cool. Next week is Trophy Week.

philly123
2007.04.15, 06:51 PM
lou- yea racing was pretty fun, and the speedy 07s came out and they are like driving a modified car with these motors.

LouC
2007.04.15, 07:32 PM
lou- yea racing was pretty fun, and the speedy 07s came out and they are like driving a modified car with these motors.

we can run them in the stock class?

philly123
2007.04.15, 07:59 PM
yea me and jonathan ran them last nite and dominated. in the main i lapped everyone by 3 times i think except eugene who was on the same lap or 1 lap down

EMU
2007.04.15, 09:04 PM
yea me and jonathan ran them last nite and dominated. in the main i lapped everyone by 3 times i think except eugene who was on the same lap or 1 lap down
I was one lap down in stock, and on the lead lap in AWD... It was a pretty good night for those classes. Too bad I DNF'd in 015 (4 laps down on the 2nd lap of the race is too much to try to come back from). I saved my energy and used it with the AWD... I think I only crashed once with the AWD, trying to stay on that lead lap.

For stock I was running my PNWC car with SLR body, which has 3004 fets and the Speedy 05 from the PNWC race... its a pretty good running car, that I was never able to get to hook up well, I just needed to use the GPM 8d tires in the rear, which I didnt have at the PNWC race... While not as fast as the 3010/Speedy 07 cars, it is very smooth, and I can drive it at its limit in the corners and carry alot of speed.

Phil, took a look at the servo, cant see anything wierd with it (wanted to make sure that you have the tiny washer between gear1 and gear3 and its there... I am going to try rewiring the pot and motor when I get a chance, and see if I can get it to calm down...

CDR racing
2007.04.16, 04:19 PM

As opposed to when? Seems like thats the way it goes every saturday lol. dont think the motor made a huge difference.

philly123
2007.04.16, 05:52 PM
yea the motor was alittle slow because i didnt break it in but once it did it from running it the motor was alot faster

soulstice
2007.04.18, 11:16 PM
Al: Enjoyed visiting the speedway tonight. Thanks for your hospitality. Would have liked to stay longer but oh well next time.

sun

EMU
2007.04.18, 11:33 PM
Phil, havent had any luck with the board. Ill bring it on Saturday...

Soulstice, next time you come by, do it on a Saturday so you can race ;) As you can tell, the track has a little more front end bite than most other RCP tracks, usually having to run harder front tires than on other tracks.

philly123
2007.04.20, 09:11 PM
wats a good tire combo for the awd with the SAS

EMU
2007.04.20, 09:28 PM
I run GPM 8d rear, and worn 20d front slicks. I still think that there is a little too much front bite on my setup, I have to limit the steering degree on the TX... I think a 25d front slick would work well for my setup.

You have to remember, that what people recommend on this forum for their RCP setups will not really work at ARCMS. Our track really has alot more front end bite than other RCP tracks. When I ran in PA a few months ago, all of my setups had too much push, and I had to switch to softer front tires. The 3Racing front tires that I use for my 015s wouldnt steer for anything. Same was true at the PNWC in CT. I had to change the front tires on my AWD every other run to keep the steering consistant. I didnt have enough time or tire options to get the setup down(PN 8s were garbage, so I had to use the Kyosho 20d rears), and my rear was very squirmy... I couldnt put any power down with my MR02, especially in the second half of the race. This was the MR02 that I raced last weekend, which has the same setup and front tires that I used at the PNWC. I only changed the rear tires to the GPMs on Sat, and its pretty driveable now.

Did you get a chance to try it yesterday?

SaiTam
2007.04.21, 11:34 AM
I am thinking of going to ARCMS tonight. Can anyone tell me how the current layout looks like?

Lionblade
2007.04.21, 11:44 AM
I am thinking of going to ARCMS tonight. Can anyone tell me how the current layout looks like?

If it's the same as two weeks ago, then it's a very fast layout...motor will play a large part, and so will gearing (9t will be good for some, but I think an 8t will do fine).

Al had it sectioned off so he could quickly swtich it to oval for Nascar.

EMU
2007.04.21, 02:32 PM
I wont be able to come today. It was my fathers birthday yesterday, but he had things to do, so my family is celebrating it today :(

Lionblade
2007.04.21, 02:39 PM
I wont be able to come today. It was my fathers birthday yesterday, but he had things to do, so my family is celebrating it today :(

I won't be there either, I'm in no physical shape to drive. :rolleyes:

Oh well, that's why I'm online anyway. :D

philly123
2007.04.22, 12:35 AM
oo i see eugene gave up his AWD trophy wink wink. i switched to the 360 gtc shorter wheel base and its great but i still have to make some minor changes, the SAS dosent help alot but def does make a difference.

the layout way extremely fast. me and john were doing 6 and 7 second laps but next week should be more technical.

Lionblade
2007.04.22, 12:40 AM
oo i see eugene gave up his AWD trophy wink wink. i switched to the 360 gtc shorter wheel base and its great but i still have to make some minor changes, the SAS dosent help alot but def does make a difference.

the layout way extremely fast. me and john were doing 6 and 7 second laps but next week should be more technical.

:eek:

This is insane. But at least I'm not in the same class as you guys. :rolleyes:

ZYHAC
2007.04.24, 09:07 PM
Well if you don't know, here you go. I was trying to move to VA but my plans was changed due to an interview. So I will be back at the track especially since there is a new season. Other than that theres not much else to tell.

For Mike V and Sai give me a call. Eugine has the #.

ZYHAC

Lionblade
2007.04.25, 09:25 AM
Well if you don't know, here you go. I was trying to move to VA but my plans was changed due to an interview. So I will be back at the track especially since there is a new season. Other than that theres not much else to tell.

ZYHAC

It'll be good to see you again if you make it there Saturday, I'll probably be back too.

CDR racing
2007.04.25, 06:00 PM
nice to see u comin back zhyac. i wont be there this saturday but i will see ya next week.

ZYHAC
2007.04.26, 12:44 AM
nice to see u comin back zhyac. i wont be there this saturday but i will see ya next week.

Thank You see you then

michvin
2007.04.26, 09:22 AM

ZYHAC
Hey Pal,
Good to see you back. I fall out of schedule as well since i moved and changed jobs, but i'm planning to be back there this coming Saturday. We (EMU and myself) spent almost every Sat there since I've got the 1/1 car. Hope to see you real soon, man.

Lionblade
2007.04.26, 09:46 AM
Does anyone have a spare rear AWD diff? A regular gear diff will do... just want to know beforehand because I don't want to buy a new one if I don't have to.

I'm not sold on the whole ball diff argument....

Actually, I'm just really cheap.

ZYHAC
2007.04.26, 06:26 PM
Hey Pal,
Good to see you back. I fall out of schedule as well since i moved and changed jobs, but i'm planning to be back there this coming Saturday. We (EMU and myself) spent almost every Sat there since I've got the 1/1 car. Hope to see you real soon, man.

Yea I am going to try to get up there this weekend and get some run time. I has been awhile since I really ran. So hopefully I will see you this weekend.
P.S. Congrads on the move and new job.

philly123
2007.04.26, 06:31 PM
i have a kyosho ball diff that i m not using that u can use if you want andi also have the gear diff too if you want juss let me kno at the track

LouC
2007.04.26, 07:05 PM
Actually, I'm just really cheap.[/QUOTE]

Thats funny!! :)
Go with the ball diff - its MUCH better!!

LouC
2007.04.26, 07:08 PM
i have a kyosho ball diff that i m not using that u can use if you want andi also have the gear diff too if you want juss let me kno at the track

Philly - congrats on winning every class!! (must be those illegal motors that you run ;) )

Cant make it AGAIN this week - but will be there next....see you soon!!

CDR racing
2007.04.26, 10:57 PM
Philly - congrats on winning every class!! (must be those illegal motors that you run ;) )

Cant make it AGAIN this week - but will be there next....see you soon!!

Lou i still have the discharger u lent me. i bought myself one at JB's the other day so i will give it bak to you next week. i wont be there either saturday.

SaiTam
2007.04.27, 08:20 AM
Yes Ball diff for AWD is a must. Not only does your car run better but you can somehow adjust the F/R torque bias with the ball diffs. The ball diff takes some stress away from the drivetrain when you hit a wall too.

Actually, I'm just really cheap.

Thats funny!! :)
Go with the ball diff - its MUCH better!![/QUOTE]

Lionblade
2007.04.27, 09:29 AM

Thanks, if I'm there tomorrow I'll take you up on that.

I might go for alloy upper and lower on the rear too, if I'm not too cheap tomorrow. :p

philly123
2007.04.29, 11:58 PM
hey Sai have you happen to try the anima2 on your mod car

SaiTam
2007.04.30, 11:03 AM
No since I build my own Modified motors using various cans; brushes and armatures; and at the end I found out I'm better off just using a X-speed motor.

CDR racing
2007.04.30, 03:12 PM
How Did racin go this week?

EMU
2007.04.30, 11:41 PM
How Did racin go this week?
Fairly low turnout, but there was some good racing :D

philly123
2007.05.01, 09:29 PM
hey eugene did you get the diff working

EMU
2007.05.02, 03:06 AM
hey eugene did you get the diff working
Wont know till I test it on the track...

Davey G
2007.05.02, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to seeing you all again this Saturday. I cant wait to try out my AWD, now that its finally built. :D See you there!!!

PS: And yes.....even my AWD car has wheeldots on it.... :eek: :eek:

SaiTam
2007.05.02, 09:52 AM
Dave I'll most likely be there as well. Orginally I thought I will be busy this Sat.

philly123
2007.05.02, 08:55 PM
cool i hope to see u guys there, i gota get there as early to practice so i dont get killed, btw SAI my awd is modified now lol.

Davey G
2007.05.04, 03:03 PM
I thought I knew how to solder, I thought I could do a fet job...I thought wrong.

Brand New AWD board........TOAST!

Thanks to Sai, Eugene and Roland for the assistance though, I got a lot of work ahead of me tonight...

See you 2morrow with bags underneath my eyes... :rolleyes:

byebye
2007.05.11, 09:02 AM
You guys wanna help this guy out?

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25145

-Byebye

ActionRC
2007.05.13, 11:44 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick note about the Action RC practice / racing schedule. I have decided to change open prctice from Wednesday night to Tuesday night. There are a few reasons for this:

1) I am hoping that those of you who would like to come two weekdays, but cannot come two days in a row, will now have a "buffer-day" in-between the two weekdays. I'd really like to see some great Tuesday night practice races, and of course, some even better Thursday night gift-certificate racing. We've been having a great time on Thursdays, so if you don't normally get to come down, try and make it if possible.

2) We will be doing several demo-nights at the South Avenue Car Shows on Wednesday nights. I'll keep everyone posted as to which ones we'll be at. Like last year, these will be free nights as a thank you for helping me to promote the track.

The warmer weather is upon us, which means Action RC loses some of it's regular racers to the outdoor racing classes and just normal outdoor activities. Please keep in mind that Action RC needs your support to stay alive, so please try to make it whenever you can, and I look forward to seeing all of you for more exciting racing action soon!

Oh - If anyone has some good pictures of some recent track activity, please email them to me. I REALLY want to update the website with some new pics, but I am not very happy with the pictures my camera has been taking. (Maybe I should read the owner's manual!) Any good pics of cars, tracks, and each other would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com
info@actionRCspeedway.com

ZYHAC
2007.05.14, 10:18 AM
Hey all sorry I couldn't be there last saturday. But I don't see me missing anymore days. Not yet anyway. So hope to see you guys there.

Zyhac

michvin
2007.05.14, 10:34 AM
Hey all sorry I couldn't be there last saturday. But I don't see me missing anymore days. Not yet anyway. So hope to see you guys there.

Zyhac
Hey D!
Do you know what happened to EMU? I called, but he didn't pick up or return calls..

ZYHAC
2007.05.14, 11:31 AM
Hey D!
Do you know what happened to EMU? I called, but he didn't pick up or return calls..

I don't, this weekend I left my charger at work so I have been out of it with everyone. Sorry. But when I get there I will call him and let you know.

EMU
2007.05.15, 02:24 PM
Hey D!
Do you know what happened to EMU? I called, but he didn't pick up or return calls..Sorry, I was away for the weekend, and didnt have my phone with me... family stuff. I should be back in Action this weekend :p

ZYHAC
2007.05.16, 12:39 PM
Sorry, I was away for the weekend, and didnt have my phone with me... family stuff. I should be back in Action this weekend :p

no worries, but I will give you a call friday. See you saturday.

philly123
2007.05.16, 10:20 PM
does any1 kno how much i have to shave the back out to run the enzo with the SAS

Davey G
2007.05.17, 09:49 PM
does any1 kno how much i have to shave the back out to run the enzo with the SAS

Phil: it really doesnt take a whole lot of hacking in order to get the enzo to fit. I just use a drum sander and a dremel to cut the back of the body out for clearance...not a big deal at all. You can also cut the nipples off the shock bottoms so that the shocks sitting closer to the arm...And yes...I SAID NIPPLES!!!!!

philly123
2007.05.17, 10:40 PM
oo ok thanks i think im mite buy one so i just wanted to be sure

michvin
2007.05.18, 10:25 AM
oo ok thanks i think im mite buy one so i just wanted to be sure
Strange Queston coming from you :)
it's "trial and dremel" kind of thing
:p

Davey G
2007.05.25, 11:45 AM
Big Race coming up....get your entries in.

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25261

philly123
2007.06.04, 11:30 PM
hey dave, i signed up and as of now im going as long as nothing comes up.
-i got my awd set up with an Atomic T2 so ima whippp you :D. LoL juss kiddin shud be funn!

Davey G
2007.06.05, 09:08 AM
hey dave, i signed up and as of now im going as long as nothing comes up.
-i got my awd set up with an Atomic T2 so ima whippp you :D. LoL juss kiddin shud be funn!

Should be a good time. T2 huh? Id like to try that motor as well. First things first, I need to get my car to stop hopping. I have a few things I am trying out for next time.

philly123
2007.06.05, 09:52 PM
yea the T2 is a good motor for the awd its fast and runs cool. you have to fet the board to run that motor though

what are you running on the SAS. u could try goin to a softer spring and a harder rear tire so the rear will slide alittle instead of hopping because of too much traction. i found that my car would always hop because i had to much rear traction so i went from a gpm 8 to kyosho 20 in the rear and its perfect traction. before you go to 20 with threads go to slick 8s because they have alil more traction

Davey G
2007.06.06, 08:57 AM
yea the T2 is a good motor for the awd its fast and runs cool. you have to fet the board to run that motor though

what are you running on the SAS. u could try goin to a softer spring and a harder rear tire so the rear will slide alittle instead of hopping because of too much traction. i found that my car would always hop because i had to much rear traction so i went from a gpm 8 to kyosho 20 in the rear and its perfect traction. before you go to 20 with threads go to slick 8s because they have alil more traction

I think I will be attending Action this upcoming Saturday, to mess around with my awd setup. Last time I attended I was twirking with HP and PC boards, so this time will be ALL setup. I did a 75mhz conversion so I can throw pretty much any motor at it.

I totally agree that the hopping issue is tires. I WAS using 8 rears and 25 fts. I am going to try 18 rears and 25-30 fronts this week. I used to do a ton of 1/10th scale touring car, and the front tires and rear tires were ALWAYS of similar durometer, I dont know why I was reading on the forums of people running very soft rear tires with hard fronts. The MR02 it makes sense, very 12th scale ish, but the mini z AWD I think 20's all round would get your pretty close. Lots of tire testing this weekend!!!
I also have some old 12th scale (large diameter) springs that I am going try on the SAS as well. They feel pretty good on the car, we'll see what happends on the track though.

CDR racing
2007.06.19, 10:08 PM
Hey Guys,
Just wondering. Anyone planning on coming on thursday?

mini me
2007.06.21, 06:14 PM
are the chassis sets that AL is selling have the 3010 fets for the MR02. I want to purchase one, but would rather at his shop if he's selling them.

EMU
2007.06.22, 03:50 AM
Last I checked they are ;)

CDR racing
2007.07.04, 05:13 PM
Wheres everybody been? I havnt seen a lot of u guys in a month or two, maybe more. I know its the summer but if u ask me I'd rather be inside in the A/C than outside runnin nitro or off-road.

mini me
2007.07.05, 02:37 PM
Wheres everybody been? I havnt seen a lot of u guys in a month or two, maybe more. I know its the summer but if u ask me I'd rather be inside in the A/C than outside runnin nitro or off-road.

i'll be there tonight, can't wait to race.

k_bojar
2007.07.05, 11:36 PM
planning on seeing you guys in 2 weeks :)

I got the mini-z bug and wanna run them :)

bermbuster
2007.07.08, 08:42 AM
there was some really good racing last night...... :D
looking forward to next week already......... ;)

we are learning and trying new tuning tips every week and we are getting faster.........the guys at Action are great!!!

Nascar class is fast and furious...the only thing missing is smoke and debris.....bump drafting rubbing it is so realistic........
CDR lays down some wicked paint for this class..... :cool:

k_bojar
2007.07.22, 02:01 PM
awsome time last nite...Mucho THANKS!!!!

The more I run these cars, the more I like them :D Almost willing to get rid of all my "bigger" cars just to run mini-z's :eek:

See you again this summer :)

Kevin

sjm324
2007.07.23, 02:09 PM
awsome time last nite...Mucho THANKS!!!!

The more I run these cars, the more I like them :D Almost willing to get rid of all my "bigger" cars just to run mini-z's :eek:

See you again this summer :)

Kevin

Definately some good racing on sat. Kevin your car looked good after you changed the H plate. The racing will only get better once some guys come back indoors.

monkey19
2007.07.23, 02:45 PM
It was good to get out on a Saturday and get some races in.... I ordered a Nascar kit so I can run in 2 classes.

EMU
2007.07.23, 04:54 PM
I will not be around until the beginning of August. Been working the past few weeks, and have my cousins wedding to go to next week. Just giving you guys a heads up.

bermbuster
2007.07.23, 08:20 PM
running at action is awesome......looking forward to our next time....
EMU you are NYC legend and we need to learn your set up tricks ;)
All the guys at action give us great tips.....we keep getting better each week....one lap at a time... :D

k_bojar
2007.07.23, 09:03 PM
Definately some good racing on sat. Kevin your car looked good after you changed the H plate. The racing will only get better once some guys come back indoors.

THanks for that tip, Adam :) It sure made the car much better to drive :)

Then swapping to the medium front spring help the turn-in as well...Now I just gotta get some more track time with these things as well as a bunch of calmer nerves :D and I'll be all set

Next time, I'm dragging Drew up with me - need to beat on him some more :rolleyes:

I'm definitely planning on bringing out the F1 and/or the AWD as well next time :) What's 3 classes on a Saturday nite :) :p

sjm324
2007.07.23, 09:37 PM
THanks for that tip, Adam :) It sure made the car much better to drive :)

Then swapping to the medium front spring help the turn-in as well...Now I just gotta get some more track time with these things as well as a bunch of calmer nerves :D and I'll be all set

Next time, I'm dragging Drew up with me - need to beat on him some more :rolleyes:

I'm definitely planning on bringing out the F1 and/or the AWD as well next time :) What's 3 classes on a Saturday nite :) :p

It can be a long night just running one class. Once you get these cars dialed they are so much fun to drive. The racing is getting better every time I go to Action.

When you talk to Drew you should ask him if they can add a mini Z class to the big east coast mini race :) whats another class. I know there are carpet tires available from PN. It would be very interesting

ActionRC
2007.07.24, 02:00 PM
Hi, everyone! Glad to see everyone's been having a great time racing lately. Although the turnout has been lower than it needs to be, the racing has been absolutely great! The NASCAR class is really taking off, and we're starting to get some really cool looking cars out there. Tom Sr.'s #40 Coors Light Twins car, Junior's #12 Newman Sony car, and Jeff's #11 Hooters car are spectacular! I can honestly say that ALL of the classes are running very healthy right now. There is LOTS of talent on many different levels. I'm looking forward to some of the AWD hot-shots coming down at some point, as that is the one class that seems to slow down moreso than others in the summer.

As some of you guessed, I would like to run F1, NASCAR, and AWD Drift for the next big event. Here is what I would like to see some opinions on:
1) Like the classes?
2) Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning?
3) During the summer, or after when vacations are pretty much over.

My opinion...
1) I think NASCAR and F1 have enough of a following at this point to run a really great event. I'd love to run an actual "500 lap" event in NASCAR, with pit stops, etc. I think drift would be a lot of fun to run also. If you've never tried it, you need to! There has also been some interest in F1 Oval. Maybe this is the day to try it?
2) The Saturday before a Sunday event is always dead. I'm thinking the next event should be on a Saturday, with practice at 12 and racing starting at 3.
3) As much as the track needs the business RIGHT NOW, I think the turnout (and therefore the quality) of the event will suffer if we have the event in the summer. I'm thinking early September would be best, unless I knew that I had 33 drivers running this event in the summer. Promotion time is also necessary, so early September is probably the most realistic.

What do you guys think?

As always, I look forward to seeing all of you soon. I cannot stress enough that in the slow summer months, the track needs your support more than ever. Skip the BBQ one weekend, order Town Deli, get out of the pool, and come and enjoy some racing in air-conditioned comfort!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com
(Updated website coming soon!!!)

CDR racing
2007.07.24, 02:59 PM
Hi, everyone! Glad to see everyone's been having a great time racing lately. Although the turnout has been lower than it needs to be, the racing has been absolutely great! The NASCAR class is really taking off, and we're starting to get some really cool looking cars out there. Tom Sr.'s #40 Coors Light Twins car, Junior's #12 Newman Sony car, and Jeff's #11 Hooters car are spectacular! I can honestly say that ALL of the classes are running very healthy right now. There is LOTS of talent on many different levels. I'm looking forward to some of the AWD hot-shots coming down at some point, as that is the one class that seems to slow down moreso than others in the summer.

As some of you guessed, I would like to run F1, NASCAR, and AWD Drift for the next big event. Here is what I would like to see some opinions on:
1) Like the classes?

My opinion...
1) I think NASCAR and F1 have enough of a following at this point to run a really great event. I'd love to run an actual "500 lap" event in NASCAR, with pit stops, etc. I think drift would be a lot of fun to run also. If you've never tried it, you need to! There has also been some interest in F1 Oval. Maybe this is the day to try it?
2) The Saturday before a Sunday event is always dead. I'm thinking the next event should be on a Saturday, with practice at 12 and racing starting at 3.
3) As much as the track needs the business RIGHT NOW, I think the turnout (and therefore the quality) of the event will suffer if we have the event in the summer. I'm thinking early September would be best, unless I knew that I had 33 drivers running this event in the summer. Promotion time is also necessary, so early September is probably the most realistic.

What do you guys think?

As always, I look forward to seeing all of you soon. I cannot stress enough that in the slow summer months, the track needs your support more than ever. Skip the BBQ one weekend, order Town Deli, get out of the pool, and come and enjoy some racing in air-conditioned comfort!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Hmm... I wonder who painted the Coors Light and Sony cars. Lol. Saturday afternoon event sounds good to me. And the September thing sounds good too.

joantlim
2007.07.24, 05:05 PM
Sunday mornings sound good to me on Summer time (or after Summer time). Most people would go out somehwhere on Saturdays specially if the weather is good. On Sundays, I would sometimes notice people staying home, relax, and often get bored. Kids would just play outside with friends or get bored. Why is that? I guess "Monday-is-coming" fever would get everyone bored or depress. They would think about working or going to school again the next day. So why not open the track on Sundays just to keep everyone from thinking about Mondays getting close.

Always AWD class for me.

EMU
2007.07.24, 05:32 PM
running at action is awesome......looking forward to our next time....
EMU you are NYC legend and we need to learn your set up tricks ;)
All the guys at action give us great tips.....we keep getting better each week....one lap at a time... :D
Thanks. I have quite a few tricks for setting up the various cars... I look forward to racing with you. Are you in Manhattan?

bermbuster
2007.07.24, 09:36 PM
Hey Emu i live in the 6th borough new jersey....hehehe my gps tells me im 5 miles from madison square garden.....if that isnt metro nyc i dont know what is.... :cool: we met and raced at the nyc championships....im the slow guy w the redbull audi....

Al earlier racing on either day would work out for us.....(make wifey really happy too)
Potbelly has the ECC race Sept. 15 and 16.....It is up near Boston for 1/18 scale on and off road....

We are in for whatever races you have planned.....

joantlim
2007.07.24, 11:00 PM
HEY BERMBUSTER, I like your quotes...well...check this out:

"...Make way for the bad guy...!" (Tony Mantana)

LouC
2007.07.25, 01:31 PM

1) Like the classes?

My opinion...

What do you guys think?

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

Was that BBQ comment directed at me?? ;)
I will be back soon!!!

ActionRC
2007.07.25, 02:07 PM
Was that BBQ comment directed at me?? ;)
I will be back soon!!!

Lou - HAHAHAHA!

Crop - Props to Crops! He painted some really great-looking bodies lately. If only he could paint his own as well as he paints his dad's and bro's!

Everyone loosely pencil in September 22 for the next event so we don't conflict with any other event. (Do NOT want to re-live last time!)

Al

monkey19
2007.07.25, 02:27 PM
Crop - Props to Crops! He painted some really great-looking bodies lately. If only he could paint his own as well as he paints his dad's and bro's!

crop-did you use waterslide decals? and if so how do they hold up?

CDR racing
2007.07.25, 05:15 PM
crop-did you use waterslide decals? and if so how do they hold up?

Yea I used the waterslide. They seem to hold up well so far, but be very careful with the clear coat. You have to spray it EXTREMELY lightly. Decals look great until u clear coat them they wrinkled on me so u have to do it really light.

philly123
2007.07.25, 09:11 PM
hey Al i will be back hopefully not this sat but next saturday ive had no to at all between goin away and camp and i still want the subaru if u still have it seen u soon. and Adam let me kno about sunday 10th scale i mite be in

sjm324
2007.07.25, 09:43 PM
hey Al i will be back hopefully not this sat but next saturday ive had no to at all between goin away and camp and i still want the subaru if u still have it seen u soon. and Adam let me kno about sunday 10th scale i mite be in

Hey Philly, how was alaska. I dont think they are going 10th scale this sunday. I cant go this week anyway. I am tryin to go racing fri night. I am also out this sat. talk to you soon.

philly123
2007.07.25, 11:39 PM
it was awsome we caught a couple of kings around 55 pounds and some reds but smaller, the weather was great all week around 70

LouC
2007.07.26, 10:22 AM
it was awsome we caught a couple of kings around 55 pounds and some reds but smaller, the weather was great all week around 70

i want to see some fishing pics......

ActionRC
2007.07.30, 05:34 PM
I have PLENTY of parts for the MR01 at 50% OFF, and will happily accept Visa. Hopefully we'll see you this week! - Al

Used2xmodding
2007.07.30, 09:23 PM
actuaally, i got my nascar off of tinrc and bought a adjustable shock obsorber for rear and it is annoying

But i am going to belgium on thursday this week and will come back here with a belgian friend of mine who i am giving my 015 to as a gift

He will come with me to action rc

bermbuster
2007.08.01, 08:00 PM
we are in so cal and i got a Ferrari 575 gpc mr02 for Frankie.....we cant wait to run again....we will be back in a few weeks.....

philly123
2007.08.02, 11:01 PM
juss throwin it out there some guy messaged me about selling a ssg graphite chassis that i sold like a year ago saying that i have a buisness and hes askin like i wana know about, he wants the companys name thats dosent exist and all wierd stuff, if any1 knos who this guy is let me kno thankss

ActionRC
2007.08.03, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone! We should have some great racing this weekend! This week's track has proven to be a great one for passing and clean, tight racing. Last night's Gift Certificate Racing was really great, and we had a nice turnout too. I hope to see everyone this weekend!

Some updates:
1) Outoor Car Show Parking Lot racing will take place on August 29th at the Christmas Tree Shop's parking lot near Target and Home Depot (by the Outerbridge.) I am working on getting electric, but bring plenty of batteries and as many cars as you can bring. This will be a FREE event, just like last year. Please wear your Action RC shirt! If you do not have one, and will be attending the event, please let me know so I can have one held for you. We'll be ready to go around 7pm, but any volunteer help would be appreciated to get running a little quicker.
2) September 22nd is looking like the date for the next event - Drift, NASCAR, and F1! More details to follow! Keep the date open!

Thanks, everyone. Please feel free to email with any questions.
Al
info@actionRCspeedway.com

SaiTam
2007.08.04, 12:20 PM
Whose going to ARCMS today?

Phil; Eugene; Roland; Mike; Dave.........etc?

I want to run my MR-015

ActionRC
2007.08.04, 11:50 PM
Sai,

Why didn't you just come down and run? The MR015 class has had some really close racing lately.

Al

SaiTam
2007.08.05, 09:12 AM
I shorted my circuit board and destroyed it right before I came. Are you still running the NASCAR/road course hybrid layout?

Used2xmodding
2007.08.05, 11:04 AM
My friend who i gave my 015 to loves it and hes gonna come back and race

k_bojar
2007.08.06, 12:15 AM
see you all this coming Saturday :)

Can't wait to get some more mini-z track time

I'm thinking I might break out the F1 for racing - and hopefully NOT break it :eek: :D

What tires do most of you guys run on the F1 cars??

philly123
2007.08.06, 12:45 AM
na not me but i shud be in this week end i haven even touched an rc car in over 2 months i hope i still got it

-its good to see that there alota new guys there racing

sjm324
2007.08.06, 01:06 PM
na not me but i shud be in this week end i haven even touched an rc car in over 2 months i hope i still got it

-its good to see that there alota new guys there racing

Philly, I think all the roids u are doing will help your driving :)

Kevin, try kyosho 30s and 20s for f1 and a ball diff.

I hope to be there this saturday too -

Adam

CDR racing
2007.08.06, 02:00 PM
Hey guys. Sorry I couldnt make it this week. how was racing?

k_bojar
2007.08.06, 03:35 PM

Kevin, try kyosho 30s and 20s for f1 and a ball diff.

I hope to be there this saturday too -

Adam

Thanks Adam...Hopefully my ball diff will be in in time for this weekend :)

I'll get tires at the track :)

philly123
2007.08.06, 04:04 PM
adam u racin off road friday nite i get out at lik 7 so i mite try to make it

sjm324
2007.08.06, 05:08 PM
adam u racin off road friday nite i get out at lik 7 so i mite try to make it

I do not know if I am going off road racing friday night. I would like to run mini zs sat night.

philly123
2007.08.07, 12:28 AM
ook ill be there sat nite as of now im guna whip u with my awd cuz i got lous old T2 its redic fast

-Eugene and SAi r you guys racing this sat nite

LouC
2007.08.09, 07:06 AM

Adam

Thats funny!!! :)

k_bojar
2007.08.13, 02:48 PM
Hey all..thanks for the help getting my F1 (a little) faster :)

Sorry to all the "fast" cars in the main that I was a speed bump too :D

Got it faster by the end of the nite - next time I'll get it even quicker

See ya in a few weeks :)

philly123
2007.08.15, 11:56 PM
once again my awd is unstoppable agianst adam lol but every1 got better especially crop and Al

-Adam/Lou r goin this friday or saturday?

sjm324
2007.08.16, 03:07 PM
once again my awd is unstoppable agianst adam lol but every1 got better especially crop and Al

-Adam/Lou r goin this friday or saturday?

I am 50/50 for both days - i will let you know

philly123
2007.08.16, 10:14 PM
ok ill be there sat def but not sure about tomor

LouC
2007.08.17, 06:53 AM
ok ill be there sat def but not sure about tomor

Im out for a few more weeks.
Hopefully I will be back soon!!!

ActionRC
2007.08.17, 04:11 PM
You guys are funny.

It was great to have Phil back, and especially great to beat him in MR02!!! Hahaha! He still whoop'd us in F1, 015, and AWD though. It was a very fun night, and I hope tomorrow night is as much fun! This week's layout is a really good one - very fast!!!

Don't forget - 8/29 Parking Lot Racing and 9/22 F1, Drift, and NASCAR Championships!!!

Hope those BBQ's have been great, Lou! Hahahahaha! We miss havin' you around.

k_bojar
2007.08.18, 08:22 AM
Al - are you're still running your normal saturday schedule on the 25th?

I hope so, I'm planning on coming up again :) One last race nite before I head away on vacation :) and I think I'm bringing a couple people with me this time ;)

Used2xmodding
2007.08.18, 01:08 PM
al ill see u in a couple of hours and with my spanish friend who lives in brussels and i just got home yesterday from visiting him so hope everything is good

LouC
2007.08.18, 09:57 PM
Hope those BBQ's have been great, Lou! Hahahahaha! We miss havin' you around

Thanks Al!!! I miss racing REAL BAD!!!!! Its been a crazy summer with family obligations and now we are moving out of my house to make way for a major renovation that will take nearly 4 months. I find it hard to make time for anything lately. Hopefully once the fall, school and the renovation start, I can free up some Saturday nights again. Tell the C Main guys I will be back soon!!

Used2xmodding
2007.08.19, 10:18 AM
borja had such an awesome time last night that he wants to c:)me back again this saturday to race, Action rc is awesome

Oh borja even had more fun than me because he is new to the rc hobby

P.S. Call him Borat!!!

builthatch
2007.08.24, 12:23 AM
Al - are you're still running your normal saturday schedule on the 25th?

I hope so, I'm planning on coming up again :) One last race nite before I head away on vacation :) and I think I'm bringing a couple people with me this time ;)

i need to make it up in the fall...

philly123
2007.08.24, 11:00 PM
whoss gettin busted tomor nite-- Adam,,, Lou,, anyone??? lol i shudnt even say this cuz i got beat in every class lollzz

ActionRC
2007.08.27, 05:46 PM
HI, EVERYONE! Well, the last few days of summer vacation are upon us – finally! This was a rough summer for Action RC Mini Speedway, but it appears to be coming out of its annual summer slump. Thankfully, the last few weeks of racing have brought some new racers, a descent and growing crowd, some excellent racing, and lots of laughs.

With the 17th Points Series now behind us, this Saturday begins the 18th Point Series with some exciting changes. First, points series' will now run for 10 weeks instead of 8, and we will only count 5 of those weeks. There are several benefits to this change:

1) If you can only make it every other week, you still have a chance at a Championship.
2) If you don’t want to run all 5 classes in one night, you can alternate them as you wish to accumulate 5 weeks of points. This should ease the load on drivers who like to run (or would like to run) all of the classes, but don’t want to run 5 in one night.
3) With up to 5 dropped points weeks, you have the opportunity to keep those really good points nights to put toward your total points. This should create some really close points battles toward the end of the series. Also, if a driver who is known to be good decides to sit a class out one week, other drivers can capitalize and try to steal his points!

I am also handing out trophies the week after the Championship ends so that I can personalize them with your name on it!

Other news and updates…
Points Series 17 Results – In Johnathan’s constant attempt to dominate all classes at Action RC, he is now the reigning MR02, Formula 1, and MR015 Spec Champion! He beat me by just 2 points in MR02! Thankfully, I stopped him from dominating AWD (which he doesn’t run) and NASCAR, which he didn’t run until recently. He must be stopped!!! With the likes of Phil, Adam, Eric, Anthony, and Crop all running well in AWD lately, my title is certainly not guaranteed for the next series. Regardless of who the champ is, we had some really interesting points battles, and lots of great races leading up to the final week. Thank you to everyone who made that possible. It was nice to see Mike V, Bobby D, Davey, Sam, Borja the Explorja, and Kaybo again this week as well. Thank you, Johnathan, for a great laugh, also. Congratulations to Bob for winning Saturday's raffle - a cool set-up coard!

Outdoor Racing this Wednesday! – We will be running a road course / oval combo like we run every week, so don't forget your NASCARs! We’ll be in front of the Christmas Tree Shop by Target and Home Depot near the Outerbridge Crossing. We’ll have some great races, and you’ll see some incredible cars at the car show. I was not able to get electric, so make sure you bring batteries. (I'll have some also.) If you have an Action RC shirt, please wear it. If not, I’ll have some for you Wednesday as a thank you for helping to promote the track.

The September 22nd Action RC Mini Speedway NYC Mini-Z Drift, NASCAR, and F1 Championships (I need a shorter name for this event!) – Some have asked, and rightfully so, if we can run MR02 or MR015 on this day as well. Deep inside, I think it would be cool to have a day just to concentrate on our less common classes, and maybe allow this opportunity for people who have thought about running these classes but never had the car to run them, to get a new car. However, for attendance reasons, I may add MR02 or MR015 to the event. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND, AND IF SO, WHAT CLASSES YOU WOULD LIKE TO RUN. I WILL KEEP A ROSTER OF EVERYONE WHO RESPONDS. CHOOSE FROM MR02 OR MR015, DRIFT, NASCAR, AND F1. The fourth class added (MR02 or MR015) will be based on whichever gets the most entrees to run it. This will be a non-handout motor race, with our same club rules. This will be a trophy race, with some prizes as well, and entry fees will be $20 for the first class, and $5 each additional class. Practice will start at 10am, and racing will start at 12pm. Please email or call soon so that I can set a definite plan by September 1st.

NASCAR Class Updates – Due to some problems we’ve had with the stock blue boards included with NASCAR Readysets, we have decided to allow 3004 and 3010 boards to run in the NASCAR class. If we did not make this change, per Kyosho we would have to run stock motors, which no one really wants to do. We had burnt out several boards – some with PN or X-Speed motors, but also some with stock motors. This is not to say that anyone with a blue board will have a problem, but some have. (Many have not, including myself, and I run a Speedy 05 in mine.) The NASCAR class has been a lot of fun, and I have MANY decals in stock to customize your car! (Can’t all be #29 and #99!)

New items this week! – The new Ford GT’s will be in this week! Yellow with Black stripes for all you Transformers Bumblebee fans, and Black with Silver stripes. I also have some Audis and Nissan 350Z Test Cars arriving.

That’s all I can think of for now. Good-bye summer, and hello Mini-Z racing! See you all soon!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ActionRC
2007.08.30, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone who came to the Car Show last night to help promote the track. The weather was incredible, the crowd was HUGE, and there were some AMAZING cars there! There were hot rods, classics, exotics, tuners - cars from every category!

How cool was it to see Mario driving his green Lamborghini Murcielago, and then watch the real thing drive alongside him as he flew down the back straight?!

Not only did we enjoy a great show, but Action RC got tremendous publicity! For hours, there were crowds watching us race and trying out demo cars. The 'slot car' generation guys were blown away, and kids couldn't wait to try it. We ran the roadcourse and the oval, and the car show attendees loved it all. As I've always said, without growth, the track would die, so this event should help to enlarge the growth spurt that Action RC is currently enjoying and needs. Special thanks to Cropduster, Tom Sr., Anthony, Eric, Teddy, Chris, Jeff, Greg, Mario, Brittany (with her pink Enzo and rhinestone S2000 that the little girls loved!), Bobby D, Davey, Lou, Johnathan, and others who helped make the night a very special one. The crowd was filled with smiles, and all of them helped to answer questions and speak to the crowds of people who even got to drive some of their cars!

After the event was over, we put down a SWEET roadcourse, so come and check it out!

The recent advertisement that ran in Clipper Magazine has also helped to bring some new faces in, so look out for some new competion in the very near future! Good bye summer!

Don't forget to let me know if you'll be attending the September 22nd race, and which classes you will be running. See everyone soon!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com

michvin
2007.08.30, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to say a quick "Thank You" to everyone who came to the Car Show last night to help promote the track. The weather was incredible, the crowd was HUGE, and there were some AMAZING cars there! There were hot rods, classics, exotics, tuners - cars from every category!

How cool was it to see Mario driving his green Lamborghini Murcielago, and then watch the real thing drive alongside him as he flew down the back straight?!

Not only did we enjoy a great show, but Action RC got tremendous publicity! For hours, there were crowds watching us race and trying out demo cars. The 'slot car' generation guys were blown away, and kids couldn't wait to try it. We ran the roadcourse and the oval, and the car show attendees loved it all. As I've always said, without growth, the track would die, so this event should help to enlarge the growth spurt that Action RC is currently enjoying and needs. Special thanks to Cropduster, Tom Sr., Anthony, Eric, Teddy, Chris, Jeff, Greg, Mario, Brittany (with her pink Enzo and rhinestone S2000 that the little girls loved!), Bobby D, Davey, Lou, Johnathan, and others who helped make the night a very special one. The crowd was filled with smiles, and all of them helped to answer questions and speak to the crowds of people who even got to drive some of their cars!

After the event was over, we put down a SWEET roadcourse, so come and check it out!

The recent advertisement that ran in Clipper Magazine has also helped to bring some new faces in, so look out for some new competion in the very near future! Good bye summer!

Don't forget to let me know if you'll be attending the September 22nd race, and which classes you will be running. See everyone soon!

Al
www.actionRCspeedway.com
and pictures?

Used2xmodding
2007.08.31, 12:03 AM
sorry i couldnt make it borja and i went to see "the drowsy Chaperone" on broadway

i will try to make it saturday or another saturday from then

EMU
2007.08.31, 01:22 PM
sorry i couldnt make it borja and i went to see "the drowsy Chaperone" on broadway

i will try to make it saturday or another saturday from then
I see you are in Manhattan, how do you normally get to the track? Im in 10024, maybe we could travel together... I usually go on subway/ferry/train. I havent been around this summer, but I should be going this week, and many weeks to come... summers over :rolleyes:

Used2xmodding
2007.08.31, 07:16 PM
im going tomorrow from my country house in larchmont ny

Metro north to grand central, subway, walk, ferry, sir, walk, action rc

i live in nyc and went there 2 times with borja from broadway took 1 shuttle bus once i reached chambers cause 1 wasnt running
ferry subway in staten isl.
Ill aim u

Used2xmodding
2007.09.01, 12:23 PM
i couldnt make it today decided to practice in my blacktop driveway after i will wash it out

EMU
2007.09.02, 02:21 AM
It was some good racing... Al had a good run for the A main... I know my car is fast in the infield, and average on the straights, but he kept pulling a foot a lap.

F1 needs major overhaul... Cant get it to center on the straight, and I need to try a different antenna since I get glitches at certain parts of the track depending where I stand. No matter where I stand, there is still some part of the track that I get glitched, also its very difficult to get into reverse. I have trim fully forward on my TX, and I still need more. I need to see if there is an adjustment that I can do on the PCB, since it is one of the original F1 boards that has a few adjustment pots on it.

015 ran nearly perfect. I will not touch it.

AWD is a bit bouncy on the rear end. I am going to try softer rear springs and see if that helps any. Front bite was better than I expected, and I finally got my gear ratio back to what I like (although I did the best laps with the lower ratio, I feel more comfortable with a longer ratio). I am going to try dropping a modified board into my backup AWD and get it running again... its been quite a while since its been run, since the servo has issues centering (PCB fried, and was repaired).

Today was nice to get a feel how my cars stand. Average skill increased considerably.

Man, I missed racing... looking forward to next week.

monkey19
2007.09.03, 10:46 AM
I see you are in Manhattan, how do you normally get to the track? Im in 10024, maybe we could travel together... I usually go on subway/ferry/train. I havent been around this summer, but I should be going this week, and many weeks to come... summers over :rolleyes:

i have been coming in from queens, although i missed this week and next week is a wash as well. If it ever helps, it would not be a problem to make a pitstop in the city...

Used2xmodding
2007.09.03, 11:50 AM
hey we could like make a carpool into the city adventually u see me pappy comes and picks me up in the car on saturday if i go and although i wont go every saturday maybe we could make a carpool of who drives us back

Global warming

Think it this way

I live on upper west side, emu does too, the queens bound racers have to stop through manhattan and get trains in midtown by the lincoln tunnel, then emu can get the subway from the 72nd and broadway subway 1/2/3 line which will take him right by his house

oh i have to make my idea clearer this week approaching

EMU
2007.09.04, 01:16 PM
The MR01 is able to run in the 015 spec class. They perform very similar, although the 01 is a li. On some layouts the 01 will be dominant over the 015. They have a tighter steering angle at full lock. I have run my 01 in the 015 class and the 02 class. They are a little more tricky to setup than an 015 or 02, but can be quite an experience to drive once dialed in...
You can see my old 01 setup on the left of this pic in my gallery
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album726/01MM02MM02RM

The main thing to be careful about, is breaking the servo. There is no servo saver in the 01. I replaced my gears with alloy gears, so I dont have to deal with repairing the servo. Also using slightly less offset wheels than the body that is being run helps as well... Speed is about the same, most 01's do not have the brake function. If you do not use brakes, then its fine. . . but if you use brakes, then its a bit of a pain. On the plus side, if you spin or hit the barriers, you can back out very quickly... Some of my cars have been having problems reversing (mainly my old F1) and I cannot trim it out :(.

Used2xmodding
2007.09.04, 01:28 PM
but on saturday will al let me run it in 015 racing

And where do i get the alloys

Does al sell alloy servo

And how much do the alloys cost at a good price

EMU
2007.09.04, 01:50 PM
but on saturday will al let me run it in 015 racing

And where do i get the alloys

Does al sell alloy servo

And how much do the alloys cost at a good price
It can be run in the 015 spec class.

I dont know where to get the alloy gears now, Al may have them. They are not cheap. Or at least they werent when I got mine. Around $10 a gear... or so..,.

Davey G
2007.09.07, 04:02 PM
It can be run in the 015 spec class.

I dont know where to get the alloy gears now, Al may have them. They are not cheap. Or at least they werent when I got mine. Around $10 a gear... or so..,.

Your still around huh?? I couldnt tell........

k_bojar
2007.09.13, 12:43 AM
Hey all, what kind of chassis set-ups are you guys running on the nascars?

Got one for the 22nd - and wanna get it as close to dialed in as possible :)

Thanks

kaybo

ActionRC
2007.09.13, 02:34 PM
Kaybo,

The NASCAR PN aluminum rear is definitely awesome, as it switched the diff's weight to the left side. For oval, the more weight that hangs out on the left side, the better. Soft tires on the rear and outside front work for me, although some are trying the soft tire on the inside front this week to see what happens. (Should cut down steering somewhat.) I run he Kyosho rear oil shock on mine to take the bounce out, but play around with front springs and rear T-plates - those make the biggest difference besides tires,a nd your individual preference on those parts is the only way to go. Also try a 1 or 2 degree knuckle on the outside front, which makes the outside tire completely contact the ground in the turns but runs the inner edge on the straight.

I LOVE the NASCAR class!!!

Al

ActionRC
2007.09.13, 02:44 PM
What does everyone think of running the 9/22 race a bit later in the day? I'm thinking 3:00 practice, 5:00 racing. What do you guys think? It seems this works out better for many people I spoke with recently.

I'm actually thinking of changing the format of the race to a normal Saturday night race program as far as classes, but awarding trophies and "Action RC Dollars" (!!!) for each main, and adding the Drift event as well. Depending on turnout, we may run 2 Qual's instead of 3 for 02 and 015, and we'll add the Drift class.

Your thoughts are appreciated, as always. Please email me at info@actionRCspeedway.com and let me know, as I am on that all day.

Thanks!
Al

k_bojar
2007.09.14, 12:23 PM
thanks AL...

I'm gonna hold off on the PN rear plate right now :) Does that need holes drilled into the motor can?

You allow different motors in the nascar class, right? I think I remember hearing you say that last time I was up there :)

I've run oval before, just was looking for a baseline for getting the car ready :)

bermbuster
2007.09.14, 04:09 PM
thanks AL...

I'm gonna hold off on the PN rear plate right now :) Does that need holes drilled into the motor can?
You allow different motors in the nascar class, right? :)
The PN plate needs a motor w mounting holes. I put the speedy 05 in Frankies and last Sunday he fried the FETS on the board....now I need some FETs....Im not sure if i qant to do a stack or not....any opinions???

michvin
2007.09.14, 04:11 PM
we may run 2 Qual's instead of 3 for 02 and 015
this idea i personally don't like at all

CDR racing
2007.09.14, 06:36 PM
The PN plate needs a motor w mounting holes. I put the speedy 05 in Frankies and last Sunday he fried the FETS on the board....now I need some FETs....Im not sure if i qant to do a stack or not....any opinions???

That is the problem with the NASCAR boards. they fry very easily. Your best bet honestly is if you have a spare 02/015 board to put that in. I have the 3010 board in mine now.

Used2xmodding
2007.09.14, 08:34 PM
hey have any of you heard from emu aka euguene i hope he didnt disappeear
Eugene can u contact me i wanna know whats up wit the chasis ur repairing for me

philly123
2007.09.19, 03:21 AM
Adam/lou/ eugene/mike v r any of yous goin to the race this saturday. i should be there but i need thursday nite to set up my cars, et me kno if you guys are goin on thursday nite

Used2xmodding
2007.09.19, 06:53 AM
al i am bringing u a new racer who goes to staten island all of the time what is a good starter car for an eight year old

I was thinking the 015 and all they would need is the chasis set cause they like some of the bodies i have laying around and i lent them my nascar chasis with custom t plate with s2000 body on it and they are thinking about it however i will direct them in ur direction

If i bring in my xr2 controller can u take a look at the trigger it seems to work but it sometimes unhooks

I will try to get more

LouC
2007.09.19, 07:00 AM
Adam/lou/ eugene/mike v r any of yous goin to the race this saturday. i should be there but i need thursday nite to set up my cars, et me kno if you guys are goin on thursday nite

I will be there - coming in cold - havent raced all summer! Adam told me he is coming too. See you Saturday.

michvin
2007.09.19, 10:32 AM
I will be there - coming in cold - havent raced all summer! Adam told me he is coming too. See you Saturday.
not Thursday, but Saturday I'll be there. :)

ActionRC
2007.09.19, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone! Just some quick updates for everyone regarding the big trophy race this coming Saturday:

1) The time of the event is going to be 3:00 for practice and 5:00 for racing. (This seemed to work out better for everyone than an early race.)
2) We will run all of the normal classes (MR02, F1, MR015 Spec, AWD, and NASCAR), in addition to the special drift event. Trophies and “Action RC Bucks” will be awarded in all classes!
3) We will run two rounds of qualifying in each class, including MR01 and MR02, which normally run three rounds.
4) The registration fee is $20 for the first class, $5 for the second class, and all other classes are FREE! (This is NOT a handout motor event – normal Action RC rules apply.)

This should be our biggest and best NASCAR event ever! This is a good week to create a custom body for the race, so come on in and pick up an unpainted body and a decal set. Action RC has lots of decal styles to choose from!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. If you will be arriving after 4:00, please call me to have your name entered in the computer.

See you Saturday!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
718-317-5420

SaiTam
2007.09.19, 11:45 PM
I'm tentative for Saturday.

What kind of layout for road course racing?

Can I use a damper disc for MR015?

michvin
2007.09.20, 12:03 AM
Can I use a damper disc for MR015?i do.
wil be nice to see you :)

Used2xmodding
2007.09.20, 06:37 AM
eugene gave me a 01 with dds and the oither 015 chasis he put together

for free
I am debating what i wanna give him as a gift i was thinking some xmod chasi as he has evo parts alloy he never used

Anyways Al is this weekend part of the point sery

If not i still hve 4 more weeks i gotta get in

November Rain
2007.09.20, 09:36 AM
Maybe you should concider a subscription to the "Jelly of the Month Club"?

It's a gift that keeps on giving all year long !!!

Davey G
2007.09.20, 12:28 PM
I have been painting a lot of mini z's as of late. Here is my latest for a customer in PA. Let me know if anyone needs anything done. Thanks!

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26111&page=1&pp=15

Davey G
2007.09.20, 12:34 PM
Couple more:

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25786

Used2xmodding
2007.09.20, 06:15 PM
I am bringing u some new racers

They are going to buy there cars on this sites shop

The mom wanted to know where to buy em and i told em action rc

But they will race there and buy there firsst damper system and all with u most likely

The older 1s eight

the younger is 4 or 5 or older but still younger i think than the older one
The eight year olds got potential

I will try to get em to go there soon

bermbuster
2007.09.20, 06:56 PM
Hey Crop.....how does the Futaba AM module work in your Hitec TX ???

k_bojar
2007.09.20, 11:55 PM
Hey Mr.DaveyG - I gotta drop you an email when I get a chance :)

philly123
2007.09.21, 12:41 AM
davey g r u goin this saturday

CDR racing
2007.09.21, 03:10 PM
Hey Crop.....how does the Futaba AM module work in your Hitec TX ???

Works Perfectly :)

sjm324
2007.09.23, 11:42 AM
Hey all,

I had a great time last night. It was good to see everybody again. Thanks to Al for putting on a good show. I cant believe how good everyone is getting....Anyway I am curious as to what tire combinations everyone is using for stock cars. I was having some issues with the pn rcp 10s (maybe a bad batch). Until next time... Adam

Davey G
2007.09.23, 01:33 PM
pics pics pics...... Was there a concourse competition? Curious to see what everyone displayed. See you all soon!!!!!

Kevin: Hit me up at my home address. dgraboski1176@optonline.net

k_bojar
2007.09.23, 01:41 PM
pics pics pics...... Was there a concourse competition? Curious to see what everyone displayed. See you all soon!!!!!

Kevin: Hit me up at my home address. dgraboski1176@optonline.net

Thanks Dave :) You got mail...

k_bojar
2007.09.23, 01:48 PM
Hey all,

I had a great time last night. It was good to see everybody again. Thanks to Al for putting on a good show. I cant believe how good everyone is getting....Anyway I am curious as to what tire combinations everyone is using for stock cars. I was having some issues with the pn rcp 10s (maybe a bad batch). Until next time... Adam

Can't agree with you more Adam...Al put on a great show last nite and once I got my mr02 working I had fun with that car :)

As far as tire combo, I'm running PN 10* radial in the rear and PN 20* slicks up front. This is the combo I found that worked well for me when I was last up there in June...Once I made a spring change on the front, my car was set-up like I wanted (and used to having the car work)

Used2xmodding
2007.09.23, 02:17 PM
was it part of points
How many weeks left until point series ends

michvin
2007.09.23, 04:38 PM
I myself felt bad - headache, but the racing was wonderful! Thanks Al and everyone who came :)

LouC
2007.09.23, 07:01 PM
Another great event!!!
Al ran the night perfectly.

It felt great to be back racing.

LouC
2007.09.23, 07:02 PM
was it part of points
How many weeks left until point series ends

I dont think it was part of the point series.

LouC
2007.09.23, 07:06 PM
Hey all,

On kenon's web site they are showing new? PN 8's - does anyone know if these are the good ones? I remember buying a batch a while ago and they didnt work so well.

I have 1 more pair of the OLD GPM 8's and then I dont know what to use.

Used2xmodding
2007.09.23, 10:41 PM
who won wat race details

SaiTam
2007.09.23, 11:46 PM
You can use the Old 8s on carpet.

The new Kenon 10s are longer lasting but are not the gummiest tires. They do grip OK and are fairly consistent. I have been through a few sets already.

Used2xmodding
2007.09.26, 04:34 PM
Hey al can i run an chinese copy board with stacked fets in my 015 spec car cause my others are actin funky

See you all saturday and im bringing 02 nascar 015

ActionRC
2007.09.27, 05:00 PM
Hi, everyone! I just want to send a quick note to thank everyone for contributing to yet another very successful night of racing at Action RC Mini Speedway. Trophy Night was a tremendous success, and we owe it all to the fact that Action RC has the very best Mini-Z racers around! As always, everyone had fun, and the racing was awesome! Here are some highlights:

MR02 C-Main: Kevin (aka Kaybo) dominated the field with his 35 lap run, and “B” and Rob C battled it out for 2nd place for the entire race. The return of “B”, after many summer days at the deli eating free bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches, brought a 2nd place finish. Bob D was right there in the hunt, finishing 4th, and Lil’ Tony finished in 5th with a gigantic smile on his face. Great run, guys!

MR02 B Main: What a race! Crop and Teddy (who finally got to race on a Saturday!) battled it out for the entire race, only to have Crop win by just 4 seconds! Eric and Adam battled the entire time as well, and ended up 3rd and 4th with 35 laps each. Craig S, Jeff S, and Davey rounded our 5th through 7th. Eric led most of the first half, and Teddy led most of the second half, but Crop took the lead and never looked back.

MR02 A Main: Sai dominated the A, lapping the field twice. Eugene (2nd) and Phil (3rd) finished less than a half of a second apart with 40 laps each! Roland finished 4th with 39, Alex V finished 5th with 38 with Lou close behind in 6th, also with 38 laps. (Lou was fined $10,000 for illegally using barbeque sauce as traction compound!) Anthony had a strong run with 38 laps as well, finishing 7th. Mike V had some trouble and finished 8th with 14 laps. Great race!

F1: The F1 main was an eight-car shootout to determine who the best F1 driver truly is, and after a hard-fought battle between Sai and Roland, it was Sai who was victorious by just 6 seconds over Roland with 40 laps each. Phil finished 2nd, followed by Alex, Adam, Teddy, Anthony, and Bob. (Trophy # 2 for Sai for those keeping score.)

MR015 B Main: Anthony and Eric went back and forth with the lead after 34 tough laps, but it was Anthony who won, with Eric and Crop right behind him. Teddy came in fourth, followed by Kevin, Davey, and Bob.

MR015 A Main: This was one of the best races of the night! Roland took 1st place by just one second over Eugene! Sai was close behind in 3rd, followed by Mike V in 4th and Adam in 5th. Everyone ran really well in this one!

AWD Main: The Sai Show continued as he claimed his 3rd trophy of the night, lapping the field 3 times! (Are you seeing a pattern here?) Phil ran in 2nd for the ENTIRE race, and and Eugene and Adam swapped back and forth for 3rd and 4th respectively. “Barbeque Lou” finished in 5th, followed by Anthony in 6th.

NASCAR: The NASCAR class continues to show how much fun it really is. Phil and Teddy, rookies in this class, battled for the lead the entire race, but it was Phil who took the lead near the end with 72 laps. Teddy finished just one lap behind! Crop finished in 3rd, followed by Jeff, Kevin, Eric, and Bob. This was a really cool race with lots of dramatic crashes! This is by far one of the fastest growing classes at Action RC, and more and more customized bodies keep showing up. The class is looking good!

I am hoping to have pictures from the race on the NEW and IMPROVED website shortly. Again, thank you to everyone for coming down for the Trophy Race. It was a really fun night, and I hope that I see all of you again this Saturday for our normally exciting and action packed weekly racing program. Remember – you only need 5 out of 10 weeks to compete for a Championship! (Check the website for current pint standings!)

See everyone soon!
Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
718-317-5420
www.actionRCspeedway.com

philly123
2007.09.27, 07:58 PM
loollllzzz lou uses barbacue sauce on his tires and mustard for comm dropps loll.

SaiTam
2007.09.28, 01:02 AM
Roland actually won the F1 A Main by a few seconds, I finished right behind him.

LouC
2007.09.28, 06:48 AM
Hi, everyone! I just want to send a quick note to thank everyone for contributing to yet another very successful night of racing at Action RC Mini Speedway. Trophy Night was a tremendous success, and we owe it all to the fact that Action RC has the very best Mini-Z racers around! As always, everyone had fun, and the racing was awesome! Here are some highlights:

MR02 C-Main: Kevin (aka Kaybo) dominated the field with his 35 lap run, and “B” and Rob C battled it out for 2nd place for the entire race. The return of “B”, after many summer days at the deli eating free bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches, brought a 2nd place finish. Bob D was right there in the hunt, finishing 4th, and Lil’ Tony finished in 5th with a gigantic smile on his face. Great run, guys!

MR02 B Main: What a race! Crop and Teddy (who finally got to race on a Saturday!) battled it out for the entire race, only to have Crop win by just 4 seconds! Eric and Adam battled the entire time as well, and ended up 3rd and 4th with 35 laps each. Craig S, Jeff S, and Davey rounded our 5th through 7th. Eric led most of the first half, and Teddy led most of the second half, but Crop took the lead and never looked back.

MR02 A Main: Sai dominated the A, lapping the field twice. Eugene (2nd) and Phil (3rd) finished less than a half of a second apart with 40 laps each! Roland finished 4th with 39, Alex V finished 5th with 38 with Lou close behind in 6th, also with 38 laps. (Lou was fined $10,000 for illegally using barbeque sauce as traction compound!) Anthony had a strong run with 38 laps as well, finishing 7th. Mike V had some trouble and finished 8th with 14 laps. Great race!

F1: The F1 main was an eight-car shootout to determine who the best F1 driver truly is, and after a hard-fought battle between Sai and Roland, it was Sai who was victorious by just 6 seconds over Roland with 40 laps each. Phil finished 2nd, followed by Alex, Adam, Teddy, Anthony, and Bob. (Trophy # 2 for Sai for those keeping score.)

MR015 B Main: Anthony and Eric went back and forth with the lead after 34 tough laps, but it was Anthony who won, with Eric and Crop right behind him. Teddy came in fourth, followed by Kevin, Davey, and Bob.

MR015 A Main: This was one of the best races of the night! Roland took 1st place by just one second over Eugene! Sai was close behind in 3rd, followed by Mike V in 4th and Adam in 5th. Everyone ran really well in this one!

AWD Main: The Sai Show continued as he claimed his 3rd trophy of the night, lapping the field 3 times! (Are you seeing a pattern here?) Phil ran in 2nd for the ENTIRE race, and and Eugene and Adam swapped back and forth for 3rd and 4th respectively. “Barbeque Lou” finished in 5th, followed by Anthony in 6th.

NASCAR: The NASCAR class continues to show how much fun it really is. Phil and Teddy, rookies in this class, battled for the lead the entire race, but it was Phil who took the lead near the end with 72 laps. Teddy finished just one lap behind! Crop finished in 3rd, followed by Jeff, Kevin, Eric, and Bob. This was a really cool race with lots of dramatic crashes! This is by far one of the fastest growing classes at Action RC, and more and more customized bodies keep showing up. The class is looking good!

I am hoping to have pictures from the race on the NEW and IMPROVED website shortly. Again, thank you to everyone for coming down for the Trophy Race. It was a really fun night, and I hope that I see all of you again this Saturday for our normally exciting and action packed weekly racing program. Remember – you only need 5 out of 10 weeks to compete for a Championship! (Check the website for current pint standings!)

See everyone soon!
Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
718-317-5420
www.actionRCspeedway.com

That was funny Al!!
Thanks again for a great event.

See you all Saturday.

Davey G
2007.09.28, 09:15 AM
Pics pics pics!!!

Used2xmodding
2007.09.28, 03:33 PM
Cant wait until tomorrow night, awesome

:):)q

Used2xmodding
2007.09.30, 02:26 AM
I got the 01 up and running it turns out thati needed to poke around alittle

I had such a good time i am coming back every free weekend
i can

Al

philly123
2007.09.30, 03:33 PM
usedtoxmodding r u stugotzz from the action rc track

Used2xmodding
2007.09.30, 03:51 PM
yes

are u phil d

and al, I just got a stanley mobile work center for 20 dollars and a few little cases to hold stuff in for 9.77 more

Now i am going to be organized atthe track

CAN I TRADE SOME FULL XMOD 2 CHANEL RX AND TX FOR A FEW 1 CHANNELS

The rx chip was the prob the poles were loose

Used2xmodding
2007.10.03, 06:45 AM
my 015 i board has a projecting bump from one of the fets but still runs perfectly is that normal and now i am running that in 015 to use stock

I am running 01 in 015 ncar

Cant wait and gotta promote ur track

michvin
2007.10.03, 11:16 AM
my 015 i board has a projecting bump from one of the fets but still runs perfectly is that normal and now i am running that in 015 to use stock

I am running 01 in 015 ncar

Cant wait and gotta promote ur track
Is that a question?
:cool:

Used2xmodding
2007.10.03, 04:09 PM
kinda

the fets have a bump but not a burning look to them and i have seen burnt fets

but the bump is like protruding a little bit

Is that a problem that needs immediate changing

monkey19
2007.10.03, 05:50 PM
kinda

the fets have a bump but not a burning look to them and i have seen burnt fets

but the bump is like protruding a little bit

Is that a problem that needs immediate changing

You answered your own question. If it is running perfectly then DO NOTHING

Used2xmodding
2007.10.03, 07:01 PM
oh monkey did u fix the awd yet i might buy it if it is good by sat

What are the restrictions for 02 in the way of eps

monkey19
2007.10.04, 06:45 PM
oh monkey did u fix the awd yet i might buy it if it is good by sat

What are the restrictions for 02 in the way of eps

Stugotzz, i am trying to fix it and set it up so i can use it. If it does not work out i will keep you in mind. Are you going this sat?

Davey G
2007.10.04, 08:09 PM
My latest for customer in PA...

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26290

Used2xmodding
2007.10.04, 08:35 PM
yeah and um i worked on that 015 man oh man is it gonna fly

CDR racing
2007.10.05, 03:14 PM

What did you do to it? And what did you mean by 02 EPS restrictions?

michvin
2007.10.05, 03:17 PM
I'd concentrate on driving rather than flying at this point

Used2xmodding
2007.10.05, 03:36 PM
1. I using an 015 i board with a bump on one of the fets which does not affect it
2. i am using the damper system
3. I am using the new tires on the rear
4. I am using a presoldered stock motor (so it isnt stugotz' mess)
5. A red tie rod in front
6. Unprotected servo wire that is nowhere near touching where it is unprotected
7. Newly soldered antenna wire
8. Some if not most of it is metal bearings
9. Alloy motor heatsink
10. sanded vw wheel wells
11. 4 Honda wheels cause there is room
i am gonna get there at 3 exactly and practice

Tonight i gottafinish packing

Stugotz out

Oh and eugene contact me about tomorrow

michvin
2007.10.05, 03:39 PM
5. A red tie rod in front

8. Some if not most of it is metal bearings

these two are my personal favorites!!! :D :D :D :D

Used2xmodding
2007.10.05, 04:47 PM
i am having a whittle bit of trouble with n car but

Al if possible just this once can i run a stacked fet chinese copy board in nascar with a stock motor

Cause all my other boards are actin up

Used2xmodding
2007.10.06, 10:06 AM
actually al i am dropping nascar just finishing up my 02 at the mo

I only gonna bring top 1/2 of my toolbox cause i dropping nascar

I might just purchase that controller this week

If not ull be gettin my business soon enough

I might also call those peeps in me build. To see if they going to staten island today and if they wanna stop by ur track

Spectators are customers just waiting to buy

Stu out

philly123
2007.10.09, 10:43 PM
yo stugotzz bro i got no idea wat u trynna say

-lou i herd u got the tgr sinister-- how is it??

LouC
2007.10.10, 08:06 AM
yo stugotzz bro i got no idea wat u trynna say

-lou i herd u got the tgr sinister-- how is it??

i did get it - its very cool (looking) i am having trouble setting up the steering servo/tie rod- the guys at atomi mods gave me some tips on how to complete the install so i have to try it. it does not come with any instructions, so initial set up is somewhat of a challange (for me anyway)

Used2xmodding
2007.10.10, 04:26 PM
Hey lou did u find out the prob wit ur nascar

P.S. Can someone tell me what the layout of track for the road coarse is this week

Stugottz

michvin
2007.10.10, 04:55 PM
P.S. Can someone tell me what the layout of track for the road coarse is this weekJust curios, what do you need this information for?

philly123
2007.10.10, 08:55 PM
oo cool im comin this sat if u go ill help u cuz i been reading up on it cuz im lookin to get 1 and i herd about a lot of handling problems, im probably going to build an awd with fm electronics and hitec servo like anthony but i need to look at his car first, see you saturday

SaiTam
2007.10.10, 11:47 PM
Several guys here in NJ run the AWD with AD Band with Futaba 3PK. I suggest you do this conversion. I now have two AD AWD and they are much superior than AM.

michvin
2007.10.11, 12:02 AM
Several guys here in NJ run the AWD with AD Band with Futaba 3PK. I suggest you do this conversion. I now have two AD AWD and they are much superior than AM.Hi Sai, what do i need for this conversion? the kit that include board and module or the board only?

philly123
2007.10.11, 12:17 AM
yea its 100 times better but i goin a different way, im using the fm futaba reciever and i havent chose a esc but prob the spinner, with a hs50 servo---- can the spinner hold a modified motor?

Used2xmodding
2007.10.11, 06:36 AM
so i can practice what the turns feel like in my lobby

I imagine that its the track shape and do the turns

Davey G
2007.10.11, 01:36 PM
yea its 100 times better but i goin a different way, im using the fm futaba reciever and i havent chose a esc but prob the spinner, with a hs50 servo---- can the spinner hold a modified motor?

Here is a pic of my 75mhz car. http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=9434&size=big&cat=1138&page=2

Ask the locals about the horsepower of this car. I am currently using a Tekin B1R esc, GWS 75mhz reciever and have tried several different 8-9 gram servos. You can throw any motot at this combo with no starting line voltage drop and no glitching.

Again, ask the locals about it.... :eek:

michvin
2007.10.11, 01:54 PM
Here is a pic of my 75mhz car. http://mini-zracer.com/mini-zgallery/showphoto.php?photo=9434&size=big&cat=1138&page=2

Ask the locals about the horsepower of this car. I am currently using a Tekin B1R esc, GWS 75mhz reciever and have tried several different 8-9 gram servos. You can throw any motot at this combo with no starting line voltage drop and no glitching.

Again, ask the locals about it.... :eek:Hi Dave
Do you have pictures of your servo setup? Which servo you're using now?
Thanks,
Mike

philly123
2007.10.11, 02:43 PM
yea ive been lookin at the tekin i juss had JB order it the other day for me
-wat servo are you using hitec 55/50?? and what linkage to make it work

Davey G
2007.10.11, 08:52 PM
Hi Dave
Do you have pictures of your servo setup? Which servo you're using now?
Thanks,
Mike

Sorry 5 gram servos I am using:

This is what I'm going to try next: http://www.modelrectifier.com/search/product-view.asp?ID=7797

This is what I used last: http://www.heli-fever.com/product_info.php?products_id=365

TEKIN stuff is DIALED!

philly123
2007.10.11, 09:12 PM
is that servo a direct fit in term of the chassis lik breaking away the small parts but otherwise? and how is it linked to the tie rod? i sent u a request on myspace

SaiTam
2007.10.11, 10:07 PM
Hi Sai, what do i need for this conversion? the kit that include board and module or the board only?

There is a conversion tutorial somewhere in this forum.

You buy the KO AD Band Kit and perform some slight modifications to the TX Module.

I have seen people using an M8 with AD also.

Used2xmodding
2007.10.11, 10:43 PM
anyone selling any of their zs

All of mine are basically down with board meltdown to the max

I gonna bring an xmod to practice with and i gonna buy a few chasis sets from al

monkey19
2007.10.11, 11:11 PM
anyone selling any of their zs

i may be getting rid of my Nascar and focus on 02 stock

michvin
2007.10.11, 11:22 PM
There is a conversion tutorial somewhere in this forum.

You buy the KO AD Band Kit and perform some slight modifications to the TX Module.

I have seen people using an M8 with AD also.yeah, i have this tutorial saved. So what i need is the board and the module.
Thanks Sai

Used2xmodding
2007.10.12, 06:02 PM
hey joe accept my friend request on yahoo messenger under "Togaboy123"

Oh and joe how much for the nascar

would u be willing to trade for a ton of parts and upgrades trust me i got lots

or bods

Oh and i got a testerosa rml 02 readyset most likely old board, and some 30 degree dollars so that i am good to go in 02 at the opening of the track tomorrow so i can practice

I will probably call those people tonight and see if they wanna go and check it out tomorrow

Al i cant wait to buy that futaBA

Davey G
2007.10.12, 08:48 PM
is that servo a direct fit in term of the chassis lik breaking away the small parts but otherwise? and how is it linked to the tie rod? i sent u a request on myspace

Phil-bert, Never got your myspace request, unless your Megan from Texas with big fake boobies.... This you??

Used2xmodding
2007.10.12, 09:17 PM
Phil-bert, Never got your myspace request, unless your Megan from Texas with big fake boobies.... This you??
thats very funny lololol

philly123
2007.10.12, 10:32 PM
na my headline is bred to die born to live ill send it agian
- howed u link the servo,, i ordered the same 1 u r using so if u cud tell me how u did it thatd be great

michvin
2007.10.12, 10:48 PM
so i can practice what the turns feel like in my lobby

I imagine that its the track shape and do the turnsI'm almost positive there's gonna be left and right turns.
:D :D Sorry, couldn't resist :)

sjm324
2007.10.13, 09:10 AM
- howed u link the servo,, i ordered the same 1 u r using so if u cud tell me how u did it thatd be great

philly first you put roids in your body :) now you want to put roids in your awd...I will still whip u in awd with my am car :)... you should probably wait i see kyosho is coming out with dsm for mini z

Davey G
2007.10.13, 10:03 AM

Phil I will try and send pics later on today, The linkage really isnt that hard to do but you need to hack up the servo cover in order for everything to fit. I got your myspace request now... < no homo > Dude your f'in pumped for a 16 yr old!

Davey G
2007.10.13, 10:03 AM
I'm almost positive there's gonna be left and right turns.
:D :D Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Mike, Hows the baby? Hope all is well by you and your family!

Right and left turns, who woulda thought....

Used2xmodding
2007.10.13, 11:20 AM
mike you have a kid!!

Congrats

Even an infant could compete wit' me

Lol

Cant have fun unless u make fun of urself

Anyone selling or trading cars

Besides joe whos nascar i am probably hoping to purchase today

philly123
2007.10.14, 03:53 AM
i ttried grinding down an old chassis to see how it would fit but it dint work out wat exactly do i have to gring or break away

Used2xmodding
2007.10.14, 11:58 AM
When are we gonna do 1:1 scale rc

LOL

Racing was awesome last night

philly123
2007.10.15, 09:56 PM
i ttried grinding down an old chassis to see how it would fit but it dint work out wat exactly do i have to gring or break away

michvin
2007.10.16, 01:29 AM
Mike, Hows the baby? Hope all is well by you and your family!

Right and left turns, who woulda thought....
Dave, all is great, thanks for asking :)

LouC
2007.10.16, 06:55 AM
Dave, all is great, thanks for asking :)

I didnt know that you had a baby - congrats!!

michvin
2007.10.16, 10:21 AM
I didnt know that you had a baby - congrats!!In June :)

michvin
2007.10.17, 10:19 AM
mazletov

I am bringing my dad to run 015 spec

Is that an okay beginner class for him seeing as he needs to go slow

9 tooth pinion

Stock motor

Upgraded t
White rims,
stock controller,
xmod band 2
15 minute radioshack rechargeables and a "dying " set of 750 intellects that seem to work

Al, mid 50s is not to late to start right

My dad thinks because he is 55 he will be too old

Whats the nail in the coffin i could use to convince him?

P.S. Its a vw gti

i am gonna buy radial 18sit's never late as long you're having fun.

Used2xmodding
2007.10.17, 10:51 AM
I am gonna make custom xmods

or repair my micro t

I might paint my ferrarri green

sjm324
2007.10.17, 08:49 PM

Philly I saw your new B1 tekin over at Jb today. That esc is really cool. I cant believe how small it is...are you putting that in you awd ?

philly123
2007.10.17, 10:18 PM
oo yea,, yea i got my old awd chassis but i got no way to get a new chassis for saturday so idk wat im gunna do i mite take a run to als tomor nite but im broke too loll, i been playin bball everyday n roiding for u adam. r u goin to race saturday

Davey G
2007.10.18, 11:59 AM
my latest for a cust in PA: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23345

sjm324
2007.10.18, 12:08 PM
oo yea,, yea i got my old awd chassis but i got no way to get a new chassis for saturday so idk wat im gunna do i mite take a run to als tomor nite but im broke too loll, i been playin bball everyday n roiding for u adam. r u goin to race saturday

can not go sat...I will be there tonight

philly123
2007.10.18, 07:41 PM
-any1 looking to buy a modified awd board-- has a 3by3 4562 stacks(adam ur gunna need it to run wit me lol)
-selling because running Fm in awd

michvin
2007.10.18, 09:10 PM
-any1 looking to buy a modified awd board-- has a 3by3 4562 stacks(adam ur gunna need it to run wit me lol)
-selling because running Fm in awd
how much? i migh be interested

Used2xmodding
2007.10.18, 10:09 PM
could i run that in another car i mean the board

philly123
2007.10.18, 10:49 PM
mike- im looking to get around 90$ for it,, its the board i was running in my awd

monkey19
2007.10.19, 10:21 AM
mike- im looking to get around 90$ for it,, its the board i was running in my awd

if Mike does not take it let me know

michvin
2007.10.19, 10:59 AM
mike- im looking to get around 90$ for it,, its the board i was running in my awdare you going to come this Sat? I'm interested, in case it doesn't have the steering issues my board has.

CDR racing
2007.10.19, 03:30 PM
could i run that in another car i mean the board

sam this board isnt legal in any class anyway so no.

philly123
2007.10.19, 10:25 PM
mike-i will be there on sat, yea the board is 100% functional there is no steering problems either

-my awds gunna top ur sinister :p r u racing tomor

michvin
2007.10.19, 11:25 PM
mike-i will be there on sat, yea the board is 100% functional there is no steering problems either

-my awds gunna top ur sinister :p r u racing tomori think i'll take it. Please email me with the price.
Thanks

philly123
2007.10.20, 12:18 AM
ite ill take 90 for it.. i don have ur emaill my screens names nybravest07 ill be on for about an hour

Used2xmodding
2007.10.20, 10:58 AM
see you guys in about 4 hours 5 mins

edit: mike u got any extra bearings u could sell

I wanna get my z8 015 speed

currently 9 t pi n
dyno: 27 kph, my 02 speed is about 25 or so kph 8 tooth

irony lol a beamer is faster than a ferarri

Lol

Davey G
2007.10.20, 09:33 PM
I didnt know that you had a baby - congrats!!

Lou: Here is your VDS!!!!

philly123
2007.10.21, 03:34 AM
eugene- i ordered the feigao brushless 130 motor, i got the 4000 something 1 i think its 4700 or somethin like that it was about 25$, im guna run it in an 02 hopefully

LouC
2007.10.21, 06:41 AM
eugene- i ordered the feigao brushless 130 motor, i got the 4000 something 1 i think its 4700 or somethin like that it was about 25$, im guna run it in an 02 hopefully

where did you get that from?
i never heard of a brushless mini motor before......

how was racing last night? how did your custom awd run?

Used2xmodding
2007.10.21, 02:39 PM
A main it was eugene whu won if i remember right
bmain bob by one lap over me
f1 ?
015 b anthony
015 a john
awd ?