PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

k_bojar
2008.02.16, 08:50 AM
Yeah I no. He yelled at me when I was 3 laps ahead of him and he wouldnt let me pass. Instead of just letting me go.. W/e I would pull up to him and I wouldnt pass cleanly I got yelled at. So really I am not a hack. lol

Cody

You're right, I did...

It doesn't matter if you're 1 lap or 15 laps up - you should learn how to pass a car cleanly...so bumping anyone EVERYTIME you passed them, doesn't make you fast - just like I told you that nite, it makes you a HACK

If I was blocking you, you should have said "I'm going to pass you now - wanna let me by?" or "I'm going high on this turn" That's called track etiquette - or hell, at least say "sorry" when you bump someone...Bumping happens, but not everytime you pass - that just ain't right :D

pottbellysrc
2008.02.16, 09:34 AM
Yo I don't know what I wasn't aware of when we decided cody was enjoying the stu bustin too much so we had to bust him. but I assure you what I posted even the kaybo told me had nothing to do with what you guys are haggling about.

So you're still a hack cody.. LOL.... Muahahahhahaaa :p

Davey G
2008.02.16, 10:24 AM
So now the grown men on this board have succumbed to picking on minors. Excellent!!! :eek: :(

minittrackmann
2008.02.16, 11:08 AM
W/e. You can call me what you want...
And fyi I say sorry everytime I hit somebody!!

pottbellysrc
2008.02.16, 12:35 PM
DAve you're one to talk.:p.:p. should I post your I/M history LOL :eek::eek::eek:

pottbellysrc
2008.02.16, 12:37 PM
W/e. You can call me what you want...
And fyi I say sorry everytime I hit somebody!!

We're just funnin with ya dude it's all good... We've all taken people out at bad times it's all part of racing...Look at the 06 ECC A-main video I punted Kaybo good... LOL....hehehehehehe :p Still havn't figured out why he was going so slow into the corner. DOH....

k_bojar
2008.02.16, 12:43 PM
So now the grown men on this board have succumbed to picking on minors. Excellent!!! :eek: :(

Not picking on him...helping him "learn" :) We've all gotten "reminded" by some grumpy old man how to do things when we first started....Just consider it constructive criticism and go from there...

I'll be the first one to admit, Cody's got some real talent driving a car - but not passing clean ain't gonna help him

its all about the patience thing and knowing when is the right time to make a move...

k_bojar
2008.02.16, 12:45 PM
We're just funnin with ya dude it's all good... We've all taken people out at bad times it's all part of racing...Look at the 06 ECC A-main video I punted Kaybo good... LOL....hehehehehehe :p Still havn't figured out why he was going so slow into the corner. DOH....

Yeah, i'm still wondering about that move...or the punt the couple year prior when you were "chasing" Tom Lane and I was in your way.....

I'm wondering if its something with the colors I pick to paint my car?? hmmmm:rolleyes:

Scrapper
2008.02.16, 01:31 PM
ill buy an f1 card unless someone is willing to trade or sell a card

I bleeped up my room throwing bleep around looking today and still cant find 1 card

U pushed me right into the wall if i am guessing back then right,,,,Anyway i could of gotten third,,,,I remember when i hacked u on my second weekend there by unpitting when u were chasing down someone u yelled at me to teach me, But kevin u gotta be honest with urself sometimes you are a hippocrit, Whenever i run into someone i excessively apoligize, I get called a hack every weekend, I dont yell when i get hacked by u, or the two new people, I get pushed around at school and the track every weekend but i dont react like a child, Anyways the point is arent we all there to have fun and whenever i actually get hacked i do get yelled at "Stugottz" IN A ANGRY WAY,

So when u get called a hack remember that my nickname means stupido in italiano okay

Davey G
2008.02.16, 02:07 PM
DAve you're one to talk.:p.:p. should I post your I/M history LOL :eek::eek::eek:

I say things in fun and dont call people names....

Not picking on him...helping him "learn" :) We've all gotten "reminded" by some grumpy old man how to do things when we first started....Just consider it constructive criticism and go from there...

I'll be the first one to admit, Cody's got some real talent driving a car - but not passing clean ain't gonna help him

its all about the patience thing and knowing when is the right time to make a move...

I agree passing traffic is part of the deal, what is ironic is that the person that is getting lapped is the person calling the other a "hack" its usually the leader that blurt out "you hack"

ill buy an f1 card unless someone is willing to trade or sell a card

I bleeped up my room throwing bleep around looking today and still cant find 1 card

U pushed me right into the wall if i am guessing back then right,,,,Anyway i could of gotten third,,,,I remember when i hacked u on my second weekend there by unpitting when u were chasing down someone u yelled at me to teach me, But kevin u gotta be honest with urself sometimes you are a hippocrit, Whenever i run into someone i excessively apoligize, I get called a hack every weekend, I dont yell when i get hacked by u, or the two new people, I get pushed around at school and the track every weekend but i dont react like a child, Anyways the point is arent we all there to have fun and whenever i actually get hacked i do get yelled at "Stugottz" IN A ANGRY WAY,

So when u get called a hack remember that my nickname means stupido in italiano okay

HOLY CRAP Stugottz, your lucky Kevin isnt racing 2nite..... WOW!

k_bojar
2008.02.16, 02:11 PM
HOLY CRAP Stugottz, your lucky Kevin isnt racing 2nite..... WOW!

nah...I"m done...I've said my peace and that's it...

I think i'm just stunned by Sam's post....

I'll be back up there in a couple of weeks - much quieter all around...

TigeRyan
2008.02.16, 10:36 PM
Don't read the thread for a few days and all hell breaks loose...

Drew hack someone, never happened :O

philly123
2008.02.17, 01:27 AM
listen listen children lets calm down, we all know kaybos just mad cuz he was in the c main n got beat out but a 14yr old kid:eek:

-it was fun racing with u guys from jersey hopw to see u guys a soon and thanks for the home made t plate i gota try them out

CDR racing
2008.02.17, 02:12 AM
I think its time to change subjects. It's getting annoying to come on here and look for discussion about mini-z's and have to read about some minor thing from two or three weeks ago. Gives a bad and completely wrong impression. But on a positive note, Daytona 500 tomorrow (actually later today LOL). BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY. Great night of racing tonight and hope to see everyone there for a fun day tomorrow. GO JR!!!

Slubben
2008.02.17, 02:42 AM
Hey,
It was great racing at your track tonight and I had a ton of fun! I'm looking to be more competitive in the 015 class can someone give me at least a basic set up?

EMU
2008.02.17, 03:56 AM
Great night of racing tonight and hope to see everyone there for a fun day tomorrow. GO JR!!!
So, you root your brother on... Guess you have no confidence in yourself.

Racing was REAL good tonight. Adam, you really stepped it up!!! I am going to get you next time.

There will allways be contact in racing these little toy cars. The best drivers or the worst, it will happen. The reaction time is VERY little with these cars to avoid a lot of the contact.

I try not to pass on the straights, and try to pass on the inside of the corners. If I do pass on the straight, I try to give a good amount of room (I know I glitch on the straight a bit, and expect that other cars may as well). I try to back off if I know I cant make a clean pass. Of course, I know I get into people, never intentionally, but it happens...

If I take someone out when passing for position, then I will wait until they pass me again before I go again. That is good racing etiquette. I have seen this practice in the top races as well. 2nd place A main F1 car took out the 1st place at the 06 PN world cup on the last lap. He could have kept on going to win, but he waited for the other car to pass him, and finished 5th. I would like to see this done more frequently.

If the pass is not completely clean, but there is no harm done (light bump/rub)... then I will continue. I find it is easier to just pressure them a little by running right behind them, and pass on their mistake. If you are faster, you will find a good opening within a lap or two.

Of course, if it is a tight race, then you will want to push the entire time, however, most of the time it is more costly to push to pass and error than to wait until the pass is clean. The same can be said for a backmarker (person being passed that is a lap down). It is faster for them to pull slightly off line and let the pass go clean than to stay on line and have the person making the pass have to dive hard into the corner, which is more often than not going to take out the backmarker.

I dont know about oval racing, but in F1 and GT racing, if you are a backmarker, going a lap down, and the leaders are coming through... a blue flag is waved and you are required to give the leaders the line and allow for a clean pass. Whether that is letting off early before a turn, slightly off line, or going wide through the corner allowing an inside line pass... The lead car has right of way. Although, that is not saying that you have to pull over, almost stopping the car to allow the pass. If you are close to the pace, and going through a tough section, you may want to wait a couple corners where it could be easier to allow the pass without costing you as much in laptime. If you cant handle the pressure of having them behind you, you may want to do it sooner, and then try to follow their line (if your car is able to).

I have spent a LOT of time being a backmarker to faster guys. And I have gotton pretty good at letting them by. Sometimes even for position. Since I know the cost of being passed aggressively. If you know someone has less restraint of trading paint, allow them to pass, and ride their bumper until they make a mistake, more often they are pushing the car too hard, and dont have as much control as they would need. Which is why they get into other cars so much. So odds are, that they will error sooner than the guy that doesnt push as hard and attempts to pass cleaner.

I hope nobody has any hard feelings when I get into them. I dont hold any grudges when it happens to me. I know that nobody is intentionally doing it. It happens... Especially when you try to run very close to other racers, to sort of intimidate them into errors, or backing off. Depending layout, track position and the feel of the car, I will either back off or push a little more if I know I have an edge. If not, I will back off a little to give myself a little more room.

I think I do very well in high traffic. I believe my time spent in the B mains for stock helped that along very well. In the A main, there is usually very little traffic, so even a little bobble on the boards can be very costly.

015, everyone is traffic, for me at least :d I see a lot of people copying my setup, but nobody can stay on my lap. I KNOW that I am not a great driver, there are better drivers running 015... Roland, Phil, Jonathan to name a few... I have no secrets to my setups. I want to win the championship, of course... but I also want to be challenged. I was sandbagging 015 for a while with my body choices, I thought Roland, Anthony or Drew would have something for me tonight... so I went to my most competetive body, FairladyZ. The VW is very good, better than the Altezza, but a hair less than the Fairlady, especially one with gumballz. I can power through corners that I have to lay off on the VW.

Hey,
It was great racing at your track tonight and I had a ton of fun! I'm looking to be more competitive in the 015 class can someone give me at least a basic set up?What body are you running, or want to run?

I recommend 94mm MM or 98mm MM only. RM isnt competetive against the MM cars. When you have more power, and cant get it down to the track, thats where RM will help. The K-stock motors dont have enough torque, so RM has no edge over the MM configs. If we were using higher power motors... I may reconcider. With more torque, the RM 015s arent as bad, I ran one in the stock class for some time (Audi TT), and it performed well. Was a ROCKET coming out of the corners. Had not problems hooking up, even with narrow rear tires (since it was RM).

My setup, used with both VW R32 and Nissan 350Z (didnt change anything besides the body):

Rear:

Atomic 94mm MM vIII motormount
Stock Kyosho MR02 differential (white) with a little associated diff grease, and the wheel adapter sanded a little to reduce binding against motormount bearings, if you use alloy wheel adapter this step is not needed.
+1mm Narrow wheels / 8d Narrow PN Radial tires
Kyosho medium FRP t-plate
PN t-plate holder
PN ML Disc Damper (red springs top and bottom)
Kyosho stock top shock, red spring
Atomic 2.8mm DPS mount

Front:
PN 2d knuckles (Kyosho are better, I pulled these off a different car)
PN Stainless Kingpins
PN white MR02/015 springs no preload spacer
Atomic 3.5mm travel limiter
0mm Narrow wheels / worn 10d 3Racing v-tread tires

I use narrow rear wheels for three reasons :
1. I dont need any more grip than what I can get with the narrow 8d PN tires
2. More acceleration and agility
3. Clears bodies better

The 3Racing tires run well in the front when they are worn. Not quite as much steering as I would really like, however, I can push the car as hard as can and it wont flip. Of course, these tires not broken in (with tread) will flip a bit on my setup. I need to wear them in a bit on an 02.

The funny thing is, I dont practice at all with my 015 or Nascar. And those are the classes I win :p

Enough rambling for tonight... need to get some sleep for the race tomorrow. (yawn)...

bermbuster
2008.02.17, 07:40 AM
I had a great time last night as well....
Lots of action and awesome racing.

Today guys have a great nascar (Staten Island) 500....
Gentleman start your batteries.......:D

minittrackmann
2008.02.17, 08:50 AM
What time does that nascar race start and end?

Cody

Davey G
2008.02.17, 09:16 AM
Holy Crap EMU! I was on my 3rd dream when you were posting this blog. Hahaha, as always it was good to see you again.

See you all soon!!

CDR racing
2008.02.17, 11:26 AM
So, you root your brother on... Guess you have no confidence in yourself.

Racing was REAL good tonight. Adam, you really stepped it up!!! I am going to get you next time.

There will allways be contact in racing these little toy cars. The best drivers or the worst, it will happen. The reaction time is VERY little with these cars to avoid a lot of the contact.

I try not to pass on the straights, and try to pass on the inside of the corners. If I do pass on the straight, I try to give a good amount of room (I know I glitch on the straight a bit, and expect that other cars may as well). I try to back off if I know I cant make a clean pass. Of course, I know I get into people, never intentionally, but it happens...

If I take someone out when passing for position, then I will wait until they pass me again before I go again. That is good racing etiquette. I have seen this practice in the top races as well. 2nd place A main F1 car took out the 1st place at the 06 PN world cup on the last lap. He could have kept on going to win, but he waited for the other car to pass him, and finished 5th. I would like to see this done more frequently.

If the pass is not completely clean, but there is no harm done (light bump/rub)... then I will continue. I find it is easier to just pressure them a little by running right behind them, and pass on their mistake. If you are faster, you will find a good opening within a lap or two.

Of course, if it is a tight race, then you will want to push the entire time, however, most of the time it is more costly to push to pass and error than to wait until the pass is clean. The same can be said for a backmarker (person being passed that is a lap down). It is faster for them to pull slightly off line and let the pass go clean than to stay on line and have the person making the pass have to dive hard into the corner, which is more often than not going to take out the backmarker.

I dont know about oval racing, but in F1 and GT racing, if you are a backmarker, going a lap down, and the leaders are coming through... a blue flag is waved and you are required to give the leaders the line and allow for a clean pass. Whether that is letting off early before a turn, slightly off line, or going wide through the corner allowing an inside line pass... The lead car has right of way. Although, that is not saying that you have to pull over, almost stopping the car to allow the pass. If you are close to the pace, and going through a tough section, you may want to wait a couple corners where it could be easier to allow the pass without costing you as much in laptime. If you cant handle the pressure of having them behind you, you may want to do it sooner, and then try to follow their line (if your car is able to).

I have spent a LOT of time being a backmarker to faster guys. And I have gotton pretty good at letting them by. Sometimes even for position. Since I know the cost of being passed aggressively. If you know someone has less restraint of trading paint, allow them to pass, and ride their bumper until they make a mistake, more often they are pushing the car too hard, and dont have as much control as they would need. Which is why they get into other cars so much. So odds are, that they will error sooner than the guy that doesnt push as hard and attempts to pass cleaner.

I hope nobody has any hard feelings when I get into them. I dont hold any grudges when it happens to me. I know that nobody is intentionally doing it. It happens... Especially when you try to run very close to other racers, to sort of intimidate them into errors, or backing off. Depending layout, track position and the feel of the car, I will either back off or push a little more if I know I have an edge. If not, I will back off a little to give myself a little more room.

I think I do very well in high traffic. I believe my time spent in the B mains for stock helped that along very well. In the A main, there is usually very little traffic, so even a little bobble on the boards can be very costly.

015, everyone is traffic, for me at least :d I see a lot of people copying my setup, but nobody can stay on my lap. I KNOW that I am not a great driver, there are better drivers running 015... Roland, Phil, Jonathan to name a few... I have no secrets to my setups. I want to win the championship, of course... but I also want to be challenged. I was sandbagging 015 for a while with my body choices, I thought Roland, Anthony or Drew would have something for me tonight... so I went to my most competetive body, FairladyZ. The VW is very good, better than the Altezza, but a hair less than the Fairlady, especially one with gumballz. I can power through corners that I have to lay off on the VW.

What body are you running, or want to run?

I recommend 94mm MM or 98mm MM only. RM isnt competetive against the MM cars. When you have more power, and cant get it down to the track, thats where RM will help. The K-stock motors dont have enough torque, so RM has no edge over the MM configs. If we were using higher power motors... I may reconcider. With more torque, the RM 015s arent as bad, I ran one in the stock class for some time (Audi TT), and it performed well. Was a ROCKET coming out of the corners. Had not problems hooking up, even with narrow rear tires (since it was RM).

My setup, used with both VW R32 and Nissan 350Z (didnt change anything besides the body):

Rear:

Atomic 94mm MM vIII motormount
Stock Kyosho MR02 differential (white) with a little associated diff grease, and the wheel adapter sanded a little to reduce binding against motormount bearings, if you use alloy wheel adapter this step is not needed.
+1mm Narrow wheels / 8d Narrow PN Radial tires
Kyosho medium FRP t-plate
PN t-plate holder
PN ML Disc Damper (red springs top and bottom)
Kyosho stock top shock, red spring
Atomic 2.8mm DPS mount

Front:
PN 2d knuckles (Kyosho are better, I pulled these off a different car)
PN Stainless Kingpins
PN white MR02/015 springs no preload spacer
Atomic 3.5mm travel limiter
0mm Narrow wheels / worn 10d 3Racing v-tread tires

I use narrow rear wheels for three reasons :
1. I dont need any more grip than what I can get with the narrow 8d PN tires
2. More acceleration and agility
3. Clears bodies better

The 3Racing tires run well in the front when they are worn. Not quite as much steering as I would really like, however, I can push the car as hard as can and it wont flip. Of course, these tires not broken in (with tread) will flip a bit on my setup. I need to wear them in a bit on an 02.

The funny thing is, I dont practice at all with my 015 or Nascar. And those are the classes I win :p

Enough rambling for tonight... need to get some sleep for the race tomorrow. (yawn)...

not sure if you were kidding or not but I meant Dale Jr. lol and wow EMU i think you might be able to get a publishing deal on this post. Im guessing you had no problems writing all those annoying essays and book reports in school lol. But anyway for anyone who was able to make it all the way through this he was exactly right.

junior
2008.02.17, 11:59 AM
Newman!!!!!

sjm324
2008.02.17, 12:07 PM
WoW great night of racing. It was really good to see the support Action Rc is getting lately. Without the support the track will suffer. Racing was really intense last night. A lot of people on the track brings a lot of personalities and skill levels. With that said I think EMU brings up some great points about passing and track etiquette. The point which makes the most sense is to "just pressure someone a little by running right behind them, and pass on their mistake. If you are faster, you will find a good opening within a lap or two." If you are better you will also find a good opening with in a few seconds. Depending on the circumstance I also do not think it is necessary for a slower driver to move over for a better driver. A better driver should and will be able to get around the slower driver. See ya all soon
Adam

Scrapper
2008.02.17, 12:13 PM
Adam the wise has said it and it should be taken in

SaiTam
2008.02.17, 12:26 PM
When I started racing RC car 8 yrs ago in Englishtown I was slow, and I observed that no slower driver would try to fight/block a faster car.

It's better to let the faster car pass, and then try to follow his lines. This way both can go fast.

rc100722
2008.02.17, 12:53 PM
I Had Lots Of Fun To My Car Felt Like It Was Floating Out There I Didnt Have To Change A Thing On My Car But The Motor But Man Those O15 Cars Are Fast Dont Know What U Guy Do But Keep On Doing It

bermbuster
2008.02.17, 02:18 PM
Here is a slow guys take on track etiquette.
I will always let a faster racer by when they are going for the tq position or if it is a main and the race is close....(no need for me to be the spoiler)
You need an experienced announcer to help let us racers know whats happening.
When I race it is always to beat myself....my personal best lap counts...
If I let everybody pass how will i get better....I need to be defensive in maintaining my position but not to the point where Im a hack. If I had a $1 for every supposed better driver that drove through me(instead of going around me) for being slow I would have several new autoscales...
The way a driver improves is to try and maintain the position or to pass...
When I give that accidental bump or rub and advance position I try to slow and let the driver I hacked his position back but if that driver doesnt exhibit the same courtesy on the track...you just have to go for it....after all we are racing......

Scrapper
2008.02.17, 03:37 PM
berm thanks so much for the batteries
D-tona 500 is gonna be cool I am watching it Go Tony

Slubben
2008.02.17, 04:24 PM
Thanks so much for your help EMU. I just purchased the Mazda RX7 body and last night I was running the green Valliant Porsche. The Mazda is so much lower. Since I runn MM on all my other cars Ill run MM on my 015 too I guess! Any motor tricks?

EMU
2008.02.17, 09:26 PM
Thanks so much for your help EMU. I just purchased the Mazda RX7 body and last night I was running the green Valliant Porsche. The Mazda is so much lower. Since I runn MM on all my other cars Ill run MM on my 015 too I guess! Any motor tricks?

The RX-7 is a 90mm body, cant run MM :( It should be better than the 934 though.

As far as motor... some people break them in. I dont. I run a motor, if it feels a slow, I try a different one. The motor I am currently using is a little faster than some others... but I have a few stock ones I havent tried yet.

When I find a motor that is decent, I use some black death comm drops and run a few battery packs through it on the track. After that I clean it out, and make sure that I continuously oil the bushings at least once a race night. I use comm drops every once in a while, if I need it. The black death stuff is better than anything else I have used.

The speed really comes from the speed carried through the corners and the batteries. If you have to take the corners slower, the lack of torque on the stock motors becomes an issue. With more corner speed, the speed on the straights is much faster.

I run 9t pinions on all of my cars...

TomSr
2008.02.17, 09:27 PM
Today's "Daytona 500" racing at Action RC was fabulous! We watched an awesome race on TV, ran 3 sets of our own 20 minute long oval/NASCAR races (complete with mandatory pit stops), enjoyed Al's supplying us with pizza and soda, and on top of all that - we raced for Action RC gift card credits. It was a great day and lots of clean and exciting racing! (ours I mean, not just the big guys in Daytona).

Thanks again Al for hosting such a great Daytona special event/party. We had about 15 racers make the most out of a fun afternoon.

And more "new comers" came into the track again today to visit and see the place. Al's latest Ads seem to be attracting a bunch of newly interested racers lately. Great to see more "new blood" interested in the hobby. I hope they keep coming back. That's what will keep the track as successful as it's been to date.

The more we all support Al and his track - the more fun we will have.

k_bojar
2008.02.17, 09:30 PM
I run 9t pinions on all of my cars...

Drew was under the impression you only ran an 8T in your 015 - what a silly move that was :eek:

I'm bummed I missed a good nite of racing last nite...oh well - cya in a couple of weeks...

EMU
2008.02.17, 10:23 PM
I dont know where he got that idea from... I have NEVER run an 8t pinion on my 015. Only 9t. I tried a 10t on my 02 last night, gear mesh was too tight with the ML mount (damper arm restricts motor movement). Its time to do some dremel work :P

The Mini-Daytona 500 was lots of fun. My nephew and brother loved it. Although I think my nephew only got 4 laps in before cracking the t-plate and was scared to get back onto the track, so my brother drove the second heat for him. Hes only 5, and didnt have much time to practice since I had to finish building him the car for the race with a stock motor (hes not driving my car, it would have been a disaster, my bro could barely contain its power). My brother may try to make a few Saturday night races if he can get the night off from the wife and kid.

Scrapper
2008.02.17, 10:25 PM
Who won the races at the track 2day

junior
2008.02.17, 11:16 PM
Absolutely a great day of racing today. Mini 500 was a blast. There was a lot of close racing and alot of great times. Look forward to another event like this again.

Hope all had fun...and how about that 12 car!!!

CDR racing
2008.02.17, 11:17 PM
WOW! Lots of fun tonite! Running our own version of the 500 was a lot of fun and made a rather boring first half of the race exciting. Pit stops were a ton of fun too.(not as much for me since my stops were terrible but still a fun twist on the race) Really enjoyed running longer races too. Overall a great night and lots of fun. Only dissapointing part was Dale's pit strategy didn't work but as far as the Action RC part was concerned it was great. Sorry some of you guys couldn't make it, you missed a good time.

NNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAA AAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMU
2008.02.17, 11:21 PM
Who won the third round? How many laps?

And check out some videos of Willy at the Atomic regional in CA. Where he won the AWD mod class over PN World Champion racer, Christian Tabush. Some really good tight racing. And a GREAT track layout.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=atomic+mini-z+willy&search_type=

Scrapper
2008.02.18, 12:07 AM
Hey Eugene how did ur nephew like it:)

November Rain
2008.02.18, 08:59 AM
Eugene, I believe it as Johnathon with 213 laps?

EMU
2008.02.18, 12:11 PM
Man, wish I had stayed for the third round... Would have been a good battle since I did 212 the round before.

Guess its time to start tooling on my Nascar... :D

pottbellysrc
2008.02.18, 05:22 PM
Sounds like sunday was a cool day. Sorry I coulnd't make it up. I didn't get home till 3am sunday morning.

Saturday was great though. Always have a good time when I come up to Action. Thanks to Al and everyone. Good Fast racing, Good Laughs, even a temper and hack or 2.. The fun and exciting part :eek: ... LOL...

Yeah Kaybo you missed some 015 fun... I think the lil Blue Screamer is gonna make some noise up there next trip. I was impressed I almost won the first race first time I ever put the car on the track . I never drove the thing before round 1. Wish the damn 02 worked like the 015.

Adam I'm gonna get you next time. I won't be undergear'd in 015 next time Eugene and Ant left out a few fine details LOL....... :p

Berm always fun when your around. Tell mini Berm i missed hackin my Bud...

Nascar we gotta work on that. 9 cars is too many. Traffic is fun but even nascar has a minimum speed :D

Who's going to the Enduro this weekend. 3 hrs of Z racing.

danny250r
2008.02.18, 07:08 PM
Sounds like sunday was a cool day. Sorry I coulnd't make it up. I didn't get home till 3am sunday morning.

Saturday was great though. Always have a good time when I come up to Action. Thanks to Al and everyone. Good Fast racing, Good Laughs, even a temper and hack or 2.. The fun and exciting part :eek: ... LOL...

Yeah Kaybo you missed some 015 fun... I think the lil Blue Screamer is gonna make some noise up there next trip. I was impressed I almost won the first race first time I ever put the car on the track . I never drove the thing before round 1. Wish the damn 02 worked like the 015.

Adam I'm gonna get you next time. I won't be undergear'd in 015 next time Eugene and Ant left out a few fine details LOL....... :p

Berm always fun when your around. Tell mini Berm i missed hackin my Bud...

Nascar we gotta work on that. 9 cars is too many. Traffic is fun but even nascar has a minimum speed :D

Who's going to the Enduro this weekend. 3 hrs of Z racing.

where is the enduro race at

pottbellysrc
2008.02.18, 07:25 PM
Maryland at NCRC

philly123
2008.02.18, 10:44 PM
what happened sai i thought u were going if roland went ?

pottbellysrc
2008.02.20, 01:32 PM
What happened out here it got quiet... do I have to start trouble again...

How'd it go last time... Kaybo's a child beater... cody and stu are Kaybo Beaters ..... LOL......:eek::eek::eek:

NOTE: this is a joke Stu....

Lookout in the 015's I think I got it all worked out... Muahahahahahaaaaaaa

NOTE: This is not a joke Eugene :D

minittrackmann
2008.02.20, 03:12 PM
Hopefully kaybo wont be there this weekend:):):)...

Nahh. Just kidding...

So who will be going this weekend?

cody

imxlr8ed
2008.02.20, 04:22 PM
A little late, but just wanted to say it was great racing with you all again last Saturday! Lot's new faces, some familiar ones. As usual, some real fast guys up there. Wasn't long until I once again had to realize the difference between good batteries and crap batteries! Seems like everytime I get up there, my cells die. :rolleyes: Look forward to making the trip again someday soon now that Larry realized it's not that bad of a drive from his place!

Oh, and if anyone in the area is looking for Z parts and never been to Action, Al's got almost everything there at or very near internet pricing! (very impressive)

Cya!

Scrapper
2008.02.20, 05:06 PM
Stu is in with new color combos purple and key lime(Cody i saved the chrysler), black, new nascar paintjob
The old body is still lasting never tried the new one

Nice seeing u al

Mid Winter Break Toga Toga

michvin
2008.02.20, 05:09 PM
A little late, but just wanted to say it was great racing with you all again last Saturday! Lot's new faces, some familiar ones. As usual, some real fast guys up there.Was nice having you guys! Hope to see you again soon.

sjm324
2008.02.20, 05:47 PM
A little late, but just wanted to say it was great racing with you all again last Saturday! Lot's new faces, some familiar ones. As usual, some real fast guys up there. Wasn't long until I once again had to realize the difference between good batteries and crap batteries! Seems like everytime I get up there, my cells die. :rolleyes: Look forward to making the trip again someday soon now that Larry realized it's not that bad of a drive from his place!

Oh, and if anyone in the area is looking for Z parts and never been to Action, Al's got almost everything there at or very near internet pricing! (very impressive)

Cya!

It was nice racing with you guys too. It was also nice to see Larrys collection of mini z bodies. He did not have all of them but the ones that he did have were very impressive.

lfisminiz
2008.02.20, 09:16 PM
It was great racing with you guys. The distance wasnt to bad. We will try to make a couple of trips up there. Al, nice facility for Zs only. Bunch of really good racers. Good to see some of you guys that i raced with before. Will check it out again after the crystals/2.4 boards/rules get sorted out. When you have that many racers its hard to get on track for practice (crystal sharring). Hopefully the 2.4 system will eliminate that. See you guys soon.;)

bermbuster
2008.02.20, 10:20 PM
it was great pitting next to you guys.....you definitely have some sweet lids...
and thanx for the lexan plates....your next big race is march 2 and i hope i can make it....
berm

Scrapper
2008.02.20, 10:45 PM
Berm i might go to majs tomorrow if not ill go to als

Als will always be my saturday place

bermbuster
2008.02.21, 06:41 AM
Berm i might go to majs tomorrow if not ill go to als

Als will always be my saturday place

Hope you can make it. i will be there....
Als is a great place too.....

Scrapper
2008.02.21, 09:47 AM
As it turned out i cant go unless a train can take me there, Instead i am going to als

minittrackmann
2008.02.21, 05:29 PM
it was great pitting next to you guys.....you definitely have some sweet lids...
and thanx for the lexan plates....your next big race is march 2 and i hope i can make it....
berm

Hey george whats going on March 2? I didnt hear anything about a big race. lol

Cody

k_bojar
2008.02.21, 10:05 PM
Hopefully kaybo wont be there this weekend:):):)...

Nahh. Just kidding...

So who will be going this weekend?

cody

I know you miss me - I miss ya too...

but I'm going Enduro racing this weekend :) See ya in a couple of weeks.

minittrackmann
2008.02.22, 06:52 AM
O nice. Good luck man..

Cody

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 07:01 AM
Hey george whats going on March 2? I didnt hear anything about a big race. lol

Cody

Cody
it is not a Big race but DOW GTG......

minittrackmann
2008.02.22, 09:09 AM
O lol.

cody

minittrackmann
2008.02.22, 10:37 AM
Due to the weather do you think Action Rc will be closed tomorrow if it doesn't clear up?

Cody

pottbellysrc
2008.02.22, 05:23 PM
Cody
it is not a Big race but DOW GTG......

Berm you going to the DOW race next weekend.

Scrapper
2008.02.22, 06:31 PM
i am beginning to wonder about the weather situation as well

Would it be open??

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 07:36 PM
Berm you going to the DOW race next weekend.
I was planning to but now Maj is having an Atomic warm up race on next Sat.
Ill make DOW next time....

bermbuster
2008.02.22, 07:38 PM
i am beginning to wonder about the weather situation as well

Would it be open??
Hey Sam,
At least you have your practice track if Al doesnt open....:D
Berm

Scrapper
2008.02.22, 09:46 PM
Yeah but i have my ovals at my country house now and am using these mats

Chances are al will open

Berm you going to arcms tomorrow

CDR racing
2008.02.22, 10:25 PM
That's the beauty of INDOOR R/C. LOL Yea he'll be open. Come on guys its only a couple of inches. God forbid we had a blizzard. LOL jk:D

danny250r
2008.02.23, 11:09 AM
That's the beauty of INDOOR R/C. LOL Yea he'll be open. Come on guys its only a couple of inches. God forbid we had a blizzard. LOL jk:D
is he open today its raining lol j/k:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

CDR racing
2008.02.23, 02:12 PM
If you guys really want maybe we can have Al put a huge fan on the straight for some wind and get one of those fake snow machines. LOL

philly123
2008.02.24, 01:19 AM
speaking of deer adam i seen 1 rite down the block where the light is where you go straight rite buy the big white house nd animal hospital just walking around

-eugene minizracer is out of fets where should i get them from

EMU
2008.02.24, 04:02 AM
Phil, I sent a support ticket in for the fets here. I dont know any other place, going to do some searching.... weak :(

Good racing tonight. I would have had you, but I choked in the last minute. I must have hit the boards at least 10 times in that minute. My car was clearly faster, but you ran very clean. Should have fun next week. I am still pushing to get the win. It will happen, eventually...

edit: http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2771
Kenon has the 3010's for $8 a piece :eek:
Thats the only place I have found them so far... I searched all my usual sites, and that is the only place I have found them at.

SaiTam
2008.02.24, 12:20 PM
Phil

Willy has a couple of 3010 equipped boards he would sell. Or you can trade him with your 3004 boards plus a little cash. Email me.

Sai

speaking of deer adam i seen 1 rite down the block where the light is where you go straight rite buy the big white house nd animal hospital just walking around

-eugene minizracer is out of fets where should i get them from

Scrapper
2008.02.24, 03:14 PM
Stugottz has a coule of 3010 fet boards that people can strip for fets most likely

Free

Phill that was funny stugotzie is me lol

xxam
2008.02.24, 06:45 PM
I want to come down and race at Action RC, if I want to race stock mr02, what are the rules? Is it box stock? Any info would be appreciated..:)

thanks,

jim

minittrackmann
2008.02.24, 07:03 PM
I want to come down and race at Action RC, if I want to race stock mr02, what are the rules? Is it box stock? Any info would be appreciated..:)

thanks,

jim

Stock racing is not stock really at all. Basically your only limitations are upgraded or stacked fets. Mods motors and Pan car type bodies. Basically anything thing else goes. O and no AD Band boards allowed either:)

Cody

philly123
2008.02.24, 07:15 PM
na i just need 3010 fets i replaced the bad 1s that i ran on sat luckily i was able to hold eugene off wit a little speed decreased. if ne1 juss has 3010 fets to sel that would be nice

-thanks eugene but 8 is a lot of money for lol ill have to wait for now

CDR racing
2008.02.24, 08:30 PM

thanks,

jim

Stock rules are
Stock Kyosho Board:3004 or 3010 FETS
PN Speedy 05, 05BB, 07, Kyosho Xspeed motor
Kyosho body, must have windows in, but they can be made of lexan.
No Pan car bodies.
Rubber tires only, no traction compound.
That's all I can think of right now, I dont think there is anything else. All the rules are posted on a wall at the track.
Action RC also runs an 015 Spec class which involves similar rules only you must use Kyosho box stock motor and an 015 body that does NOT fit MRO2.
There is also and F1, AWD open, and NASCAR oval class.

Hope to see you there soon!:D

Scrapper
2008.02.24, 09:21 PM
adding on to crop
no foam tires

EMU
2008.02.24, 10:22 PM
Just clarifying the fet rule:
The board must have only a pair of 3004 or 3010. Which means that Ad-Band and ASF boards cannot be used, since they have 4 instead of the standard 2.

bermbuster
2008.02.25, 04:59 AM
Just clarifying the fet rule:
The board must have only a pair of 3004 or 3010. Which means that Ad-Band and ASF boards cannot be used, since they have 4 instead of the standard 2.

Im not trying to change rules but isnt it the motor/gearing that regulates your overall speed??? If I have too much motor (amp draw) I burn up my FETs.
Too many FETs will not give super power to a motor that can only draw a few amps....It may give you more of a linear feel across the throttle band and allow you to run a larger pinion....
I happen to run AD for glitching reasons not for the extra power. I use 05 or 07 motors w 8t or 9t and i dont have super speed....
You could allow AD w 8t/9t and a speedy 05/07.....

Slubben
2008.02.25, 08:46 AM
For the AWD class you can fet your board right?

k_bojar
2008.02.25, 09:16 AM
For the AWD class you can fet your board right?

yup - the AWD class is open :)

A few guys even run upgraded electronics in the AWD - but there are quite a few fast guys that are running the standard mini-z electronics :)

CDR racing
2008.02.25, 04:03 PM
Im not trying to change rules but isnt it the motor/gearing that regulates your overall speed??? If I have too much motor (amp draw) I burn up my FETs.
Too many FETs will not give super power to a motor that can only draw a few amps....It may give you more of a linear feel across the throttle band and allow you to run a larger pinion....
I happen to run AD for glitching reasons not for the extra power. I use 05 or 07 motors w 8t or 9t and i dont have super speed....
You could allow AD w 8t/9t and a speedy 05/07.....

The only problem is then you would have to regulate the motors which is difficult to do as we would have to start doing tech inspections and plus i dont think guys would take well to being told exactly what motor to run. Sorry If this is a stupid question but I don't know much about them but what FETs are on the AD board?

bermbuster
2008.02.25, 05:23 PM
The only problem is then you would have to regulate the motors which is difficult to do as we would have to start doing tech inspections and plus i dont think guys would take well to being told exactly what motor to run. Sorry If this is a stupid question but I don't know much about them but what FETs are on the AD board?
3010s...and there are no stupid questions...:D
I ran my AD 015 and 02 last time I was at Action. Al allowed it because it because Im not in any point race....My one car (nascar) non AD was glitching and freaking over the lap counter....My two AD cars worked awesome.
My cars didnt seem any faster than the others...Again Im just trying to fit in so I can race.

CDR racing
2008.02.25, 07:50 PM
3010s...and there are no stupid questions...:D
I ran my AD 015 and 02 last time I was at Action. Al allowed it because it because Im not in any point race....My one car (nascar) non AD was glitching and freaking over the lap counter....My two AD cars worked awesome.
My cars didnt seem any faster than the others...Again Im just trying to fit in so I can race.

Hmm... Strange I almost never get glitching at Action RC. What radio were you running. Possibly the antenna was touching some carbon fiber? I've never seen anyone glitch at the counter either. Strange.

pottbellysrc
2008.02.25, 07:52 PM
yup - the AWD class is open :)

A few guys even run upgraded electronics in the AWD - but there are quite a few fast guys that are running the standard mini-z electronics :)

Who's running that not Kaybo :eek::p

pottbellysrc
2008.02.25, 07:58 PM
What's the Role Call for this weekend?

I wanna hack Cody this week you in Stu... LOL :eek::D:eek::D:eek::p

It was rough last weekend I raced with Kaybo I couldn't hack him.. LOL :p

bermbuster
2008.02.25, 08:21 PM
Hmm... Strange I almost never get glitching at Action RC. What radio were you running. Possibly the antenna was touching some carbon fiber? I've never seen anyone glitch at the counter either. Strange.
I run a KO PROPO Helios ex10 w am module. In that car I was using x mod channel 10. The only CF is my H plate...
Right now Im looking into some outlaw crystals....something in the high 27s...

pottbellysrc
2008.02.25, 09:10 PM

I call B/S I don't think anyone has never not glitched at action. I tihnk it's the music place next door. I've been there had bad glitching when I got there and finished with clear runs. I had beautiful qualifiers and trashed mains. But I don't think anyone has never had a glitch.

danny250r
2008.02.25, 10:26 PM
I call B/S I don't think anyone has never not glitched at action. I tihnk it's the music place next door. I've been there had bad glitching when I got there and finished with clear runs. I had beautiful qualifiers and trashed mains. But I don't think anyone has never had a glitch.
i always glitch in the same spot top of the straight :mad: and its always when they are open next door

junior
2008.02.26, 12:01 AM
Only time I have ever glitched was one of two places the back straightway...if the outlets are on...or near the drivers stand depending on who is next to me. Both have not happened in a while but overall it has been controllable.

philly123
2008.02.26, 12:24 AM
has any1 that has a speedy 07 ever had to replace the brushes because i have 2 and it appears that the all of the brush is gone already

EMU
2008.02.26, 02:07 AM
I glitch with different cars in different places. My Vette glitches on the back straight 2/3 down, hard right. If I ride the middle of the track its a bit less. I liked that chicane when it was on the back straight, took away the glitch zone. My 015 in the middle of the infield, my Nascar outside turn 1 and turn 3 (before the loop)... I find it also depends where you stand. If I stand in certain places, I get glitched in slightly different zones. This has been with ALL of my radios. 2PL, MX-A, and Helios. I dont like driving on the right side of the track. Get glitched by the loop and register, and nothing to avoid it but move to the left.

I cant get my outlaw band crystals to work at all with with my Helios. I need to find some that work well.

Phil, how often were you using comm drops and cleaning? I will check my Nascar 07bb when I get a chance. I know its a different brush than the 05, probably softer with silver compound which would explain the more rapid wear.

You drive too fast... Try slowing down a little more, so you dont wear out the motor. ;)

mleemor60
2008.02.26, 10:21 AM
Eugene,

Check PM

Crusty Curmudgeon

pottbellysrc
2008.02.26, 11:03 AM
I cant get my outlaw band crystals to work at all with with my Helios. I need to find some that work well.

I don't think it's crystals but that doesn't mean you don't possibly have a bad set. One thing I noticed with my runs the more cars the more likely I am to have a glitch. I get hit the same places as most the back straight by the outlet and the one section in the front before the loop but usually they are light hits I can control the car through. but when we get a 9 car heat it usually is worse so we're fighting 2 issues. The normal mini Z AM band fluctuation issues and possibly something in the building.

bermbuster
2008.02.26, 01:28 PM
I found this chart here at mini z .com
http://lbspd.com/v-web/gallery/albums/album108/AM_27_Frequency_and_Number_Chart_2500.sized.jpg

and it explains a lot about my glitching....
high band outlaw (ghost) channels are on my list....
another list I found here at mini z.com

http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Public/frequency_chart.xls

pottbellysrc
2008.02.26, 03:36 PM
do we have a roll call for this weekend or is it going to be light like last wekeend?

minittrackmann
2008.02.26, 07:05 PM
I will be there:) Drew you are getting hacked:):):):):):):):):)

Cody

pottbellysrc
2008.02.26, 09:33 PM
I will be there:) Drew you are getting hacked:):):):):):):)

Cody

Shouldn't that read MiniHackMann then LOL..... Oh Wait it does... :eek:

Should be a fun weekend...

michvin
2008.02.26, 10:31 PM
i always glitch in the same spot top of the straight :mad: and its always when they are open next doorI have a crazy theory/observation which contradict with (actually its the direct opposite of) collective wisdom @ ActionRC: I glitch heavily every time I'm surrounded by 2PL radios. I have 3PK.

Scrapper
2008.02.26, 10:41 PM
I am going and i might Accidentally HACK

EMU
2008.02.27, 01:15 AM
Mike, are you going to the PA DOW gtg on Sunday? I am planning on it. Should be a big one :P
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=291860#post291860

Still trying to race on Saturday :D

Scrapper
2008.02.27, 06:37 AM
Eugene that oven cleaner stuff is so strong that if u breathe near it u will cough for a second but painfully

k_bojar
2008.02.27, 07:31 AM
I have a crazy theory/observation which contradict with (actually its the direct opposite of) collective wisdom @ ActionRC: I glitch heavily every time I'm surrounded by 2PL radios. I have 3PK.

Mike - that's not all the crazy of a theory...I've noticed most of the time when I glitch I'm either by the outlets on the back straight or driving in the same heat with 1 or 2 2PL's...and I'm using a M11

not sure how you can do anything about that....

SaiTam
2008.02.27, 08:39 AM
At Action RC my AD Band glitches badly. My AM cars are fine however. Go figure. I use a Helios.

pottbellysrc
2008.02.27, 08:43 AM
Eugene that oven cleaner stuff is so strong that if u breathe near it u will cough for a second but painfully

So this Explains it....

pottbellysrc
2008.02.27, 08:49 AM
Mike, are you going to the PA DOW gtg on Sunday? I am planning on it. Should be a big one :P

I was going to go to this but I hear there's like 2 classes and I have nothing to compete in either.

I think you're afraid of my 015 this weekend LOL... :D

danny250r
2008.02.27, 10:29 AM
we dont even want to know stu:confused::confused::confused:

michvin
2008.02.27, 11:49 AM

no, not really... has too much to do at home. Not even sure i'm going to be able to go on Saturday :(

pottbellysrc
2008.02.27, 12:37 PM
no, not really... has too much to do at home. Not even sure i'm going to be able to go on Saturday :(

This is good and bad news..Technically I move up a finishing position LOL :D but it's not as much fun without the high end competition :(

EMU
2008.02.27, 12:43 PM
Drew, they are running stock combined (AWD and 2wd), F1, and Modified combined... I am planning on running both stock and modified. I have to dig out my old modified car, that has nothing but a chassis and build it up.

Need to prepare for the Atomic race anyways... Since I think I will run 2wd stock and 2wd modified. Dont think I am going to run AWD. I am waitning on an Ad-Band MR02 chassis and module that I may use for Modified. I need to see what motor is going to be used for the Atomic event. I think that 2wd will use the Chilli, I dont think the Ad board can handle that, unless I change the fets. AWD will use the Stock-R. The stock class will use the Standard BB motor. Basically the same as the HFAY motor they sell here in the shop. I have a non BB version of it that I will setup my test car with.

I am still planning to go to Action on Saturday, and I would love to see your 015 battling with me. I know its come a long way, and looks good. Afraid of it? I dont know if I would go that far. I going to keep an eye out for it.

michvin
2008.02.27, 12:55 PM
This is good and bad news..Technically I move up a finishing position LOL :D but it's not as much fun without the high end competition :(I'm not high-end competition, but it's flattering :cool:

SaiTam
2008.02.27, 01:03 PM
I use the stock AD board with Chili; Anima II; S-04, Xeric, etc....often with a 10T with MR02.

I have yet to fry a stock AD Board.

EMU
2008.02.27, 01:06 PM
Thanks Sai. So I guess I will setup the Modified 2wd car with the Ad board...

pottbellysrc
2008.02.27, 01:55 PM
Yeah I saw the class setup it's a bit weird. How can you expect a F1 and a mod02 to be comparable. and then the stocks and AWD mixed It's just strange to me I don't see the fairness. but that's me I'm sure others see it other ways.

I'm going to try to make the atomic race. It's on a bad weekend for me but I might be able to swing it.

I'm glad to see your gonna be out Sat I want to run the 015 this weekend. I took the wide rears off and and put +1 narrow rears on it slammed the car down pretty good and it's driving like a beast. I just hope the different track doesn't change it too much. I ran it a Tigerryans and at the MD enduro and it was beast.

Mike you know you're a wheelman and it's always good racing with you :) Cody and kaybo are another story..LOL... :p:eek::p:eek::D j/k

imxlr8ed
2008.02.27, 02:49 PM
Here are the classes for the DOW races:

Stock is 2WD & AWD, stock AM 3010 ESCs only.

Mod is 2WD & AWD, any electronics.

F1 is stock AM 3010 ESCs.

Still pondering whether or not to allow 2.4s and AD Band in stock, it's all going to be that way in time soon anyways.

We have a pretty high traction RCP, kind of takes away the AWD advantage.

We're not combining F1 and Racers... ?

CDR racing
2008.02.27, 03:52 PM
I am going and i might Accidentally HACK

Racing @ ARCMS= $15-$20
Can of Oven Cleaner= $5.99
Unpainted Body= $18.99
Stugotzisms= PRICELESS

Scrapper
2008.02.27, 10:07 PM
Stugottz=Priceless not isms

michvin
2008.02.27, 10:08 PM
Stugottz=Priceless not ismsthat was written before the oven cleaner or after?

Scrapper
2008.02.27, 10:22 PM
?what u mean

pottbellysrc
2008.02.28, 02:09 PM
that was written before the oven cleaner or after?

I think During :eek:

Scrapper
2008.02.28, 09:40 PM
drew u going

philly123
2008.02.28, 11:34 PM
does any1 know which is more powerful the pn xeric or atomic chili

EMU
2008.02.28, 11:49 PM
Chili should be more powerful... Although not by much.

Scrapper
2008.02.29, 06:34 AM
emu u talked to darrel yet if hes going to the track

I want some giood RACING
STUGOTTZ SMIRK

EMU
2008.02.29, 12:43 PM
Nope, havent spoken to him...

philly123
2008.02.29, 10:08 PM
ook cuz i just built a 02 with 3by3 stack and i wanted a fast motor but i had a xeric already

EMU
2008.02.29, 10:28 PM
How are you planning to put this power down?

I am going to try to have a mod car setup for practice tomorrow. I plan to run mod in the Atomic race at the end of the month in queens... So I need to work it out now. I would have liked to have used the Porsche 962 body, except it barely survived the stock class.

pottbellysrc
2008.03.01, 11:55 AM
drew u going

Going to what? Cause Havoc in 015 LOL....:eek:

EMU
2008.03.01, 12:29 PM
Watch out Drew, I have a surprise for 015!!!
Lets just say its something special ;)

pottbellysrc
2008.03.01, 12:31 PM
Watch out Drew, I have a surprise for 015!!!
Lets just say its something special ;)

015 is supposed to be stock like my car :p:p:D

EMU
2008.03.01, 01:04 PM
It is. Im just having fun at this point. I am going to run a Lotus Europa Special today :D

k_bojar
2008.03.01, 01:05 PM
015 is supposed to be stock like my car :p:p:D

nothing you own is stock - I think its about time you come to grips with that :eek:

and the only thing "stock" in that class is the motor - and I'd be willing to bet yours ain't too shock :D

Scrapper
2008.03.02, 08:15 PM
Eugene what pinion did u say to do again

pottbellysrc
2008.03.03, 09:22 AM
nothing you own is stock - I think its about time you come to grips with that :eek:

and the only thing "stock" in that class is the motor - and I'd be willing to bet yours ain't too shock

I hope it's stock it's the motor the car comes with.. :p

You missed a great weekend this weekend Kaybo. Eugene got lucky ;) in 015. Roland still kicked my butt, but top 3 A-main second time out with it that aint bad. Got lucky to hang on to 3rd in nascar riding a wheelie the whole race damn bodies. MiniHackmann :p and I had some fun in 02.

Look out I got my F1 pod now... Might have to go for the almost Ironman next time and run 02,015,F1 and Nascar LOL....:eek::eek::eek: The Track will never be safe again :D:p:D

EMU
2008.03.03, 01:31 PM
I got lucky??? No, Roland got lucky :P I had to battle hard throughout the entire 015 race. Guess a dark green car isnt the best choice. My first loss of the point series :( Hope it doesnt stay that way. I am going to make a few changes to the car (new motor and tires). And see if I can get it back up to super speed :)

pottbellysrc
2008.03.03, 02:19 PM
I won't make it this weekend but the weekend after I'm coming back for Reveng MMuuahahahaaaaa :D

How'd you make out Sunday?

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.03, 07:28 PM
I got lucky??? No, Roland got lucky :P I had to battle hard throughout the entire 015 race. Guess a dark green car isnt the best choice. My first loss of the point series :( Hope it doesnt stay that way. I am going to make a few changes to the car (new motor and tires). And see if I can get it back up to super speed :)

hey Eugene

your car look good in that MR-02 A-main, i was thinking you was going to catch them , but Phil's car was to fast for anyone, dammmm. i may not see you guys this coming saturday, i need a break from racing, going to Hit the clubssss,hehehe, :D,

EMU
2008.03.03, 07:53 PM
Phils car is crazy fast. But his driving is super clean as well.

PHIL AND JONATHAN ARE REQUIRED TO GO TO THE ATOMIC REGIONAL!!! (I really hope they come) We really need to show a good face at this race. I want to see as many ARCMS drivers in the A mains as possible. I want to show that we are the best racers in the area!

I need to speak with Al about running a pre-Atomic race where we can run only the classes that will be run at the Atomic regional, so we can best prepare our cars for the race. Of course none of us use Atomic motors, so it will be difficult to compare. We havent run modified in some time, and I need to get my Mod car setup. Since that is the class I am focusing on. I may pull my 2.4 electronics and setup my AWD with it. Dont know yet...

The winner of either Modified 2wd or AWD race gets tickets and hotel accomodations to Hong Kong for the Championships.

For modified, you must use a Mini-Z board. Ad-Band and 2.4 ASF are permitted. No aftermarket electronics are permitted.
2wd: handout motor Chili
AWD: handout motor Stock-R

Stock 2wd;
handout motor Atomic Standard BB (same as HFAY motor)
handout tires (I believe they will be AW tread 30d rear/40d front, but could be different). I will try to get more information.
Mini-Z PCB (no Ad-Band or 2.4ASF) single layer 3010 fet maximum

F1;
handout motor Atomic Standard BB (same as HFAY motor)
Mini-Z PCB (no Ad-Band or 2.4ASF) single layer 3010 fet maximum

I would like to get an Action RC shirt for the event, and would like to ask everyone else that attends to do the same.

Sunday was great. Was lots of fun, very technical track. There was a lot of contact. But that will be expected... In the A main, Sai took off with it. 2nd-8th were all seperated by 1 lap. I finished 5th, right in front of Bennet

Hope this works:
Pos Laps Time Pace Best LagName Car
1 49 8:04.96 9.90 28/8.88 0.00Sai T. All Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Gulf F1 LM
2 44 8:04.88 11.02 21/9.25 55.02Ed Mini-Z MR02 Stock, CHAOS SC430
3 44 8:06.99 11.07 9/9.14 57.38Larry Mini-Z MR02 Open, Ueno F1 LM
4 44 8:10.96 11.16 25/9.23 1:01.80Rhys Mini-Z MR02 Mod, Orange F1 LM
5 43 8:02.26 11.22 37/9.07 1:04.62Eugene (S) Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Silver F1 LM
6 43 8:04.73 11.27 30/9.64 1:07.39Bennett 2WD Stock Class, Red Enzo
7 43 8:09.32 11.38 15/9.65 1:12.64Tyler Quinn Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Mobile 1 NSX
8 43 8:10.12 11.40 24/9.23 1:13.56Matt Mini-Z MR02 Stock, ADVAN SC430
9 38 8:10.81 12.92 18/9.24 2:27.97David Sustello Mini-Z MR02 Stock, C5R Corvette

I ran my 2.4 in mod, but it wouldnt hook up right. And took a considerable amount of damage. We did a final race, 10 min mod race... 11 cars on the track at once... I ran my 015 :D Finished 6th. Just remember, that my car was the ONLY non modified car on the track, and look at my fastest lap time. Which was only .21s slower than my MR02 and .27 slower than my mod.
Pos Laps Time Pace Best LagName Car
1 58 10:03.17 10.40 38/8.91 0.00Vincent Jackson Mini-Z MR02 Mod, Red Enzo
2 57 10:22.25 10.92 35/8.77 30.00Willy Wong All Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Yellow Enzo
3 54 10:09.86 11.29 10/9.12 51.85Larry Mini-Z MR02 Open, Ueno F1 LM
4 51 9:58.00 11.73 25/8.72 1:16.94Sai T. All Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Gulf F1 LM
5 50 10:04.00 12.08 34/9.51 1:37.47Bennett 2WD Stock Class, Red Enzo
6 49 10:05.22 12.35 14/9.29 1:53.20Eugene (S) Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Silver F1 LM
7 48 9:43.18 12.15 25/9.17 1:41.51Rhys Mini-Z MR02 Mod, Orange F1 LM
8 48 10:06.29 12.63 13/9.50 2:09.42Carl Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Ueno F1 LM
9 48 10:08.39 12.67 15/9.82 2:11.92Ed Mini-Z MR02 Stock, CHAOS SC430
10 47 10:07.02 12.92 30/9.52 2:25.97Jeremy Hillmann Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Hasemi 350Z
11 43 10:06.18 14.10 10/9.36 3:34.51Tyler Quinn Mini-Z MR02 Stock, Mobile 1 NSX

bermbuster
2008.03.03, 08:35 PM
I need to speak with Al about running a pre-Atomic race where we can run only the classes that will be run at the Atomic regional, so we can best prepare our cars for the race. Of course none of us use Atomic motors, so it will be difficult to compare. We havent run modified in some time, and I need to get my Mod car setup. Since that is the class I am focusing on. I may pull my 2.4 electronics and setup my AWD with it. Dont know yet....

Al should think about running a Pre Atomic Race....We run Atomic motors at Majs and they are freaking ballistic......
Stock class will be challenging because of the tire rule...this will truly test the drivers skills....
After the Atomic Race I was thinking we should have some fun team racing.
In the NYC metro area we have 4 or 5 tracks. Each track could hold an event and we can compete for some kind of title....

sjm324
2008.03.03, 09:21 PM
Al should think about running a Pre Atomic Race....We run Atomic motors at Majs and they are freaking ballistic......
Stock class will be challenging because of the tire rule...this will truly test the drivers skills....
After the Atomic Race I was thinking we should have some fun team racing.
In the NYC metro area we have 4 or 5 tracks. Each track could hold an event and we can compete for some kind of title....

Eugene,George - I do not think Al would host a pre-atomic race.(i could be wrong) I remember in the past he did not want to hold PN races. The classes the atomic race offers do not really match up to the ACTION race program. I can not see how having a pre-atomic race will benefit Action in any way. The only thing I see happening is Action loosing a bunch of racers on sat night for a one time race. At first I was thinking that I really want to attend the Atomic race but now I am having second thoughts. I also have to work on the saturday of the race so that is putting a damper on things. talk to you all soon.
Adam

Scrapper
2008.03.03, 10:41 PM
What would stu do

Mascot out

bermbuster
2008.03.03, 10:54 PM
Eugene,George - I do not think Al would host a pre-atomic race.(i could be wrong) I remember in the past he did not want to hold PN races. The classes the atomic race offers do not really match up to the ACTION race program. I can not see how having a pre-atomic race will benefit Action in any way. The only thing I see happening is Action loosing a bunch of racers on sat night for a one time race. At first I was thinking that I really want to attend the Atomic race but now I am having second thoughts. I also have to work on the saturday of the race so that is putting a damper on things. talk to you all soon.
Adam
A pre Atomic race would benefit the racers that plan on attending the Atomic Race. A lot of heavy weights are coming for this event and a chance for a local hero is at our doorstep. Al could add a few classes to his normal Saturday program start a little earlier and it will be a win-win situation for everybody. I have a snowball in hell chance of winning but Im going to attend to get to compete against possibly the best mini z racers in the world.
This kind of opportunity doesnt happen a lot.....Hope to see you there along with the Action regulars....

philly123
2008.03.03, 11:30 PM
-i am interested in going but as we always talk about the traction is different on other thracks and i was undecided on wether i shud go or not also because of the tire changes and all
-i can already tell u rite not that johnathan wont be going becuase he dosent have the money rite now so most likely he'll be out

Scrapper
2008.03.03, 11:45 PM
Where has he been lately philmyboy lol

EMU
2008.03.04, 02:51 AM
-i am interested in going but as we always talk about the traction is different on other thracks and i was undecided on wether i shud go or not also because of the tire changes and all
-i can already tell u rite not that johnathan wont be going becuase he dosent have the money rite now so most likely he'll be out

I would be willing to pay Jonathans entry fee and help him build his car. I even have a modifed MR02 that he could use. He is one of the best drivers we have. I dont look at this Atomic race as a race just for me. I want to see as many Action RC racers running well there as we can. We are a racing team, a racing family. Ideally I would like to see an entire field of Action drivers in the A-main. Jonathan could possibly win the modified main... who knows. I would gladly let him run any one of my cars that he wants. His wallet has allways restricted him to run as good as he can, and he still manages to stay in the front... how many Action Trophies does he have? He is a much better wheelman than I am, I choke. He drives clean and fast. My only strong point is usually traffic. But that is because I will back off more. He is more aggressive, which is why he has muscled his way to many victories. With a great setup, I am sure he can drive with the best drivers, and possibly beat them. I would love to see him make it to the finals in Hong Kong.

Adam, you are a really good driver now, and your setup skills are there. Your cars run great. I would love to have you beat me again in a big race, but this time... in the A main. We have many good drivers, that have a good chance on making the A main. I would love to see a team of Action RC drivers, all with Action RC Speedway t-shirts. Even the way that Al has been running, he stands a good chance. This should give us a chance to work with each other, race harder, and have a lot of fun. The more Action drivers that go, the better chance Action has. In small numbers we stand little chance. As a large group we can win.

The traction should be easier to handle than Action. From all the high speed racing that has been done with that track, it is worn. Notice that there is barely any dust on the cars now. We have to fight for rear traction. Front traction isnt a problem. To adjust setup for a higher traction track, use softer front tires, thats it. The handout tires should work well. We shouldnt have much of an issue. If you can drive fast at Action, you can drive fast anywhere.

I was told traction should be similar to what it is at the DOW track. The only thing I had to do was run a softer front tire. I usually use a 15d PN front, and I switched to a 10d front, and the car felt right at home. I didnt have to worry about anything on the rear end. If you want, you can run a slightly harder T-plate, or stack on an FRP t-plate to add a little more rear stiffness. I run a very soft rear setup at Action.

At the DOW track, the Lexus body ran GREAT. I put it on AFTER the mains though. Wish I had tried it before. My vette was good though, although I ran my backup car with gear differential. On high grip, a ball diff really isnt needed.

I am in no way trying to say that the track at Action is bad, it is unique in its handling attributes. Lots of front bite, with less rear. The tire balance has to be different. When I went to the PN world championships, all of the tires that I had setup my car to use at action made the car push. Same at DOW, Paramus and Maj's. And the tire setups from the other tracks ran at action would oversteer (which is why you see any drivers that come from other tracks tend to have loose cars). Every track has its own grip level.

I have tried the Atomic 30 AW groove tires in the rear... They have about the same level of grip as the Kyosho 20s. Magic and Anthony have both used them and like them. Grip should not be an issue.

I agree that there will be few racers at Action during the Atomic race. Which is why I would like to do another special event at Action before the race to compensate. A lot of the local racers that race in other clubs would add many drivers, in classes that are not normall run, but will run at the race. We would drop the MR015 and Nascar... Open the track up earlier, so we wont be running late. Or possibly running a Friday night race... It should more than make up for the loss of the racers that will Attend the Atomic race.

I am going to be building 2 new cars for the Atomic race. And I want to race them with similar competition to get to know how they will run in a race environment. Unfortunately, I wont be able to with the current Action program. I would be able to run the 2.4 ASF if I switch it to the AWD platform, but I wont be able to run my modified MR02 or Stock MR02 (with Atomic motor). To work out the bugs.

I love Action RC, which is why I come and race there. The people, the racing, its like family. The thing is, I want to be competetive in the big races. And I think that we should represent what I think is the best racing club in the north-east. There will be good competition there. And Action is the only practice we will have before the event. We should make the most out of it, and try to do the best that we can as a group. Let us not think of it as a negative, taking away from Action, but as a positive... what can it do for Action. I want us to show off our skills. I had a blast at the World Championships in CT. Getting to see so many great racers. There should be a lot of top drivers from around here, possibly PA, VA, MD, CT, NH... its going to be a big race, and we need a strong team.

Scrapper
2008.03.04, 06:32 AM
Eugene do you think i should go, If so i would be able to pay part of johnathons fee with u i really think he could make A if he starts practicing, Phil 2, I will make z-2
Edit:
Friday afternoon is the only way the action event would work for me meaning it could start after school and end around 12 at night

sjm324
2008.03.04, 08:39 AM
Eugene, you make some great points. Does any one know what time the event will start on Saturday the 29th.

pottbellysrc
2008.03.04, 10:23 AM
I was planning on just doign action that weekend. i don;t have much to run at the atomic race.

F1 is open mod at Action like AWD right?

bermbuster
2008.03.04, 10:46 AM
Eugene, you make some great points. Does any one know what time the event will start on Saturday the 29th.

controlled practice in the am 2 rounds of qualifiers starting at noon

sjm324
2008.03.04, 11:37 AM
controlled practice in the am 2 rounds of qualifiers starting at noon

Thanks George, I was hoping the races would start later. I have to work until 2 pm. I was thinking of closing 1 or 2 hrs earlier but with economic times the way they are I need to stay open. Will see what happens. BTW i thought you were going to the mini nats. MINI Z is addicting :)

November Rain
2008.03.04, 02:26 PM
Eugene, if you can talk Jonathon into it I would be willing to help sponsor him as well. He's a great driver and would be a great experience for him.

Jeff

CDR racing
2008.03.04, 03:39 PM
I was planning on just doign action that weekend. i don;t have much to run at the atomic race.

F1 is open mod at Action like AWD right?

No F1 is same rulse as 02 pretty much.

Scrapper
2008.03.04, 06:00 PM
What pinion do i run in my awd eugene i forget what u told me

philly123
2008.03.04, 07:35 PM
Adam? Adam cant drive to save his life lol juss kidden adam is getting good he even beat roland a few weeks ago!! i will probably be at the atomic race hopefully ANtony nd Eric r going to

Scrapper
2008.03.04, 08:39 PM
what pinion should i run with a speedy awd
is a 19 29 ok

EMU
2008.03.05, 02:59 AM
what pinion should i run with a speedy awd
is a 19 29 ok
Thats the one I suggested ;)

I dont know how I would get in contact with Jonathan to see if he would be interested in attending the race. I know it would be a great experience for him.

Scrapper
2008.03.05, 06:34 AM
Eugene do you think i should go because i am as far aas a experienced driver can be from being good

Edit:
does anyone have eric's email.
I have business to discuss wit him

k_bojar
2008.03.05, 07:16 AM
Eugene do you think i should go because i am as far aas a experienced driver can be from being good

Things like this race can help make you a better driver - as long as you drive with your head and not over it...Biggest thing is - you can't be asking questions of the race director the entire race like you like doing at Al's :) As long as you take your time and think about what you are doing on the track, you should do ok

I am on the fence about going - I need to see what the wife's work schedule is like...Plus find a hotel in the area, its a LOONG ride back & forth, so its a "stay over" event

Sam - email me (kaybo19114@gmail.com), we need to talk about something....

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 07:44 AM

Edit:
does anyone have eric's email.
I have business to discuss wit him

Hey Sam,
here are the rules for the race.....
Follow them and you will do fine. Just remember this a Big race for the drivers and there focus will be on winning a trip to Hong Kong so they may not afford the time for questions or help etc....

Regulation for Drivers and Turn Marshals
1) All Drivers please secure transponder to their cars during qualifiers and races. When asked please return transponder to tech station.
2) Drivers must return to the track to marshal for the next race. At least one turn marshal must help setting the cars in their correct grid position.
3) Turn marshals should pay attention to whatís going on at the track near them. Do not talk on cell phone or fall asleep.
4) Drivers from the last heat will be responsible to turn marshal the first heat of each round.
5) No flash photography during the race since it may distract the drivers on the driver stand.
6) No talking to the drivers during qualifiers or finals.
7) Slower drivers or back markers must yield to the leader or faster cars. If you see a faster car behind you do not block it for the whole race. Race organizer may give you a warning or ask you to pull out from the race if you donít do so. Race organizer may disqualify anybody who received more than 2 warnings for the above regulation.

If you decide not to race you should come out and watch.

Berm

Scrapper
2008.03.05, 06:13 PM
Yeah but how do i register simply

If anyone needs help with the area lemme know i know most of nyc

Scrapper
2008.03.05, 06:35 PM
Just registered in 2wd stock

If anyone needs a ride back to manhattan after racing im sure i could supply it

bermbuster
2008.03.05, 06:57 PM
Just registered in 2wd stock

If anyone needs a ride back to manhattan after racing im sure i could supply it

Hey Sam,
A fellow member named Tjay who raced in an Atomic Regional Race posted this set-up for stock....

For the 2wd stock class are you guys running the hand out tires? If so, you're better off running a 94mm set-up. You'll need all the traction you can get on these rear tires. The front atm has a lot of traction. I was sponsored to race the shops car but if I were to set-up my own car for this race here's what I would do;

PN yellow springs w/ (1 each side) atm yellow shims for the front
ATM soft SSG H-plate
soft lower springs and top springs for the DPS
Stock TOE
3 degree camber for less steering (I know, it don't make sense but just try it)
+1 offset on the rear
0 should be fine

Make sure your car weighs 180 grams. I had to place a nickel on the PCB cover to add some weight...

Put a spoiler in the back or run a car with spoiler not because of the down force but because of the weight from the screw and spoiler. This will add some weight in the back and should help coming out of the corner.

The hand out motors comes with wires. If I'm not mistaken, you can remove them and install a better one like PN wires. Just make sure there's no binding on the suspension.

Run 94mm Mid mount.

The main idea is to have this car to "push" understeer. Due to this tire combination it is hard to have this car to hook on the turns. Most of us before the race that tried these tires spins out on every turn.

Although I did not use one, but if you can, warm up those rear tires before each race!

CDR racing
2008.03.05, 08:42 PM
Make sure your car weighs 180 grams. I had to place a nickel on the PCB cover to add some weight...

Have you seen his paintjobs? I doubt this will be a problem. Actually mite have to sand some paint off.

November Rain
2008.03.05, 09:02 PM
Crop - his "lead" house paint could finally pay off !!!

EMU
2008.03.05, 11:38 PM
I am planning on running mainly the modified classes. I may run stock as well. Havent decided yet.

I am thinking about putting a 2.4 ASF board in my AWD. Should be good :P

I am going to try to lighten my cars as much as I can, then depending on the grip, I will add weight specifically where it is needed until I reach the weigh in.

philly123
2008.03.06, 02:01 AM
yea i agree i would like to see al host a pre atomic race

Scrapper
2008.03.06, 06:48 AM
Remember when u register that that week is the championship at action as well

k_bojar
2008.03.06, 07:22 AM
1) All Drivers please secure transponder to their cars during qualifiers and races. When asked please return transponder to tech station.

Hey George, what kind of transponder?? and what special mods need to me done to the chassis? or is he referring to a CORE?

pottbellysrc
2008.03.06, 10:43 AM
No F1 is same rulse as 02 pretty much.

Ok then we need to start teching F1's closer. I heard of Hybrid motors and all kinds of things being done? That's why I thought it was Mod.

sjm324
2008.03.06, 11:12 AM
Ok then we need to start teching F1's closer. I heard of Hybrid motors and all kinds of things being done? That's why I thought it was Mod.

YEAH TECH PHILLYs CAR - I heard he runs a chili motor guts with a pn can

pottbellysrc
2008.03.06, 11:30 AM
YEAH TECH PHILLYs CAR - I heard he runs a chili motor guts with a pn can

Sounds like a run What you brung class to me LOL

bermbuster
2008.03.06, 12:08 PM
Hey George, what kind of transponder?? and what special mods need to me done to the chassis? or is he referring to a CORE?

They will be using core. No mods needed...but you know that...

CDR racing
2008.03.06, 02:52 PM

To be honest I think this happens in all classes. I think a lot of people don't know that you are not allowed to modify any motors. If it didn't come out of the package and into your car its not legal. Just an FYI for everyone.

P.S- The only exception to this rule is if brushes go bad and you need to replace them. In which case you have to use the stock brushes that Al sells.

philly123
2008.03.06, 11:16 PM
u hear that eugene lol with ur "modified box stock" 015 motor:eek:

EMU
2008.03.07, 03:30 PM
My motors are box stock in 015. Nothing has been done to them. I am just using good racing fuel :P

Scrapper
2008.03.07, 03:41 PM
The final championship week of points is on the same day as the atomic

bermbuster
2008.03.07, 08:45 PM
Does Action have a class for the 2.4 cars???
I ran mine last night and Im impressed....Kyosho has taken the mini z to the next level.....

EMU
2008.03.07, 08:49 PM
Nope, no 2.4 class :(

There is no current class that these cars are able to be run in :sigh:

SaiTam
2008.03.07, 11:31 PM
Is it because you were the only one who bought one?

I guess gettling glitches is more enjoyable.

Nope, no 2.4 class :(

There is no current class that these cars are able to be run in :sigh:

EMU
2008.03.07, 11:52 PM
Anthony bought one as well, and Mike was about to... but decided not to, since there is no class for them. Eventually there will... but who knows how long we will have to wait.

That is the only reason that I bought it. I am tired of getting hit with glitches. Some cars are worse than others, some crystals are worse than others... I spend more money and time trying to get rid of the glitches, by buying new crystals, and transmitters. I may buy the EX1-UR to see how it compares glitch wise to the Helios... but its rediculous. The 2.4 doesnt glitch AT ALL!!! While every one of my other cars gets glitches. Ive tried 2PL, MX-A, 3PK, EX-10, next I am trying my EX-1 with helios mini-z module.

bermbuster
2008.03.08, 08:01 AM
Anthony bought one as well, and Mike was about to... but decided not to, since there is no class for them. Eventually there will... but who knows how long we will have to wait.

That is the only reason that I bought it. I am tired of getting hit with glitches. Some cars are worse than others, some crystals are worse than others... I spend more money and time trying to get rid of the glitches, by buying new crystals, and transmitters. I may buy the EX1-UR to see how it compares glitch wise to the Helios... but its rediculous. The 2.4 doesnt glitch AT ALL!!! While every one of my other cars gets glitches. Ive tried 2PL, MX-A, 3PK, EX-10, next I am trying my EX-1 with helios mini-z module.

I agree with you Eugene 110%......My AD cars glitch slightly at times....
the am cars can be a handful....the 2.4 is incredible....
My buddy this week had a great night of racing except in the main...his car glitched like mad....(he goes over the car prior to each race ro ensure proper running) he got so mad he bought the 2.4 as an impulse. Stripped all his hop ups off the 02 and converted the 2.4...The new car was so sweet and fast......The only complaint and its not bad just weird is the TX....You can dial the throttle and get the reverse to work faster....It just looks funny when all these guys are holding 3pks and ex 10s and you see Spock's phaser.......

Scrapper
2008.03.08, 11:10 AM
Whos going today i am

T-Nasty
2008.03.09, 10:36 AM
Hey guys, sorry I had to leave so abruptly last night. My girl is normally very supportive of the RC thing, I must say, but last night she needed some help and I saved the day, at least in her eyes...so I have some major points now.:D Too bad, though, I was having a blast; it seemed like the qualifier classes all had some really good drivers, which is great for me...that's how ya get better, right?
Anyway, I'll be back next Saturday. Then I'll be out on the road for six weeks (I am a trumpet player) so I will be away from the track for a little while, which leads me to a question: What would you guys take with you if you were going to be traveling & wanted something to futz around with in hotels or the occasional park? Al recommends the Monster; I was originally thinking Micro-T? I need something small, of course, and something durable that won't break when packed in a suitcase. And something that can ride on most surfaces...something other than an Overland. Also, do you guys fly with these things, if do you put it in carry-on or checked baggage? I obviously want to carry it on but I'd like to avoid a 'special' search at every airport...thanks in advance for any input...

bermbuster
2008.03.09, 01:35 PM
Hey guys, sorry I had to leave so abruptly last night. My girl is normally very supportive of the RC thing, I must say, but last night she needed some help and I saved the day, at least in her eyes...so I have some major points now.:D Too bad, though, I was having a blast; it seemed like the qualifier classes all had some really good drivers, which is great for me...that's how ya get better, right?
Anyway, I'll be back next Saturday. Then I'll be out on the road for six weeks (I am a trumpet player) so I will be away from the track for a little while, which leads me to a question: What would you guys take with you if you were going to be traveling & wanted something to futz around with in hotels or the occasional park? Al recommends the Monster; I was originally thinking Micro-T? I need something small, of course, and something durable that won't break when packed in a suitcase. And something that can ride on most surfaces...something other than an Overland. Also, do you guys fly with these things, if do you put it in carry-on or checked baggage? I obviously want to carry it on but I'd like to avoid a 'special' search at every airport...thanks in advance for any input...
I travel weekly for work and I bring either a mini z or an 1/18 scale (m18,rc18 or a Vendetta) depending on where im traveling. I have found places to race all across the US and Canada. Just remove your batteries from all devices and i put the batteries in zip lock bags (law if you travel w lipos)
I put everything into a plastic shoe box and i can carry a lot....I have a case for my TX so it is all good....

philly123
2008.03.10, 12:39 AM
hey eugene its says on kyosho.com that the knuckles on the 2.4 are different than the regular 1s but can i use them with the regular rims cuz im guna make it an enzo i think

ActionRC
2008.03.10, 12:00 PM
Hi everyone! I had a great time Saturday. We had some really great races, my cars are all working relatively well (except the MR015!), and after everyone left I made some nice changes to the track. We should have another great week coming, so hopefully I'll see all of our regulars throughout the week. We should also have some new drivers this week, so we're sure to have another good time. It was a pleasure to have Ron, Billy, Joe, and Jim from Cruisin' RC race with us this week. They were a fun group, and a welcome addition to our already awesome program.

So after much discussion and observation about how to handle the 2.4 cars, I have decided to run them in the stock MR02 class. The reason why I waited to make a decision is because I really wanted to see the car run with my own eyes with different settings on our track, which I saw this weekend. I also really wanted to make an educated decision that would allow people to run cars that they want to run while keeping the classes fair for everyone who is not looking to upgrade quite yet. I thank Anthony, Eugene, Phil, and others for sharing their thoughts and ideas in helping me make the decision. (This is more helpful and productive than casting negative, uninsightful comments like other people who barely race with us sometimes tend to do.)

After observing and driving the car with both Speedy 07 BB and box-stock motors, the car is obviously a little faster on top speed, but the noticeable difference seems to be moreso in acceleration, throttle, and steering control. I think the car will make great drivers even better, and should help new drivers have more control and accurate response. The cars I drove were setup by Anthony, and almost no one knows how to set up a car better. His 3010 cars are amazing also, so I did drive the best of the best. It will be interesting to see how other 2.4 cars run, but the car really did feel great. Anthony and I (and many other top-level drivers at Action RC) are always willing to help people set up and work on their cars, so there should be no shortage of properly set up cars that conform perfectly to the rules.

Over the next three weeks of the points series, we will allow the 2.4 cars to run with our standard rules in MR02 Stock class. The Championship in Division 1 is locked up at this point, so we have a little freedom to experiment. We'll use these three weeks to really see how these 2.4 cars and drivers run against 3010 cars. In a perfect world, we would run another class for these cars, but with five strong classes already running every Saturday, it is nearly imopossible to add another class withour compromising another (or without finishing before 1am!)

As always, I welcome your comments, questions, and suggestions. I have never claimed to be a know-it all, so I count on you guys to make sure that Action RC Mini Speedway continues to be the best Mini-Z racing facility around! It's much easier for me to respond via email, but I will try to pop onto the forums to answer and questions or comments as well. You all know how to reach me. Ultimately, the 2.4 car is going to be a great change for the Mini-Z. Smooth, clear reception (although glitching is far from a problem for everyone), no frequency-sharing issues, and amazing and responsive handling are all great things!

Thank you all once again, and as Darrell Waltrip says, "Let's go racing, boys!"

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
718-317-5420
info@actionRCspeedway.com
www.actionRCspeedway.com

EMU
2008.03.10, 01:40 PM
hey eugene its says on kyosho.com that the knuckles on the 2.4 are different than the regular 1s but can i use them with the regular rims cuz im guna make it an enzo i think

The knuckles are almost the same as the old stock ones, difference being that they are lowered about 1mm (axle is 1mm higher on the knuckle). You should be able to use them just fine. As long as you dont bottom out the chassis or rub the wheels on the body.

I am going to setup my 2.4 for racing this week :)

bermbuster
2008.03.10, 02:51 PM
So after much discussion and observation about how to handle the 2.4 cars, I have decided to run them in the stock MR02 class.

Awesome news....
see you guys this Saturday....:)

pottbellysrc
2008.03.10, 03:31 PM
Awesome news....
see you guys this Saturday....:)

You Bringing Mini Berm this weekend?

EMU
2008.03.10, 05:29 PM
I missed team Belly last weekend... Look forward to racing with you guys this weekend :D Should be fun.

pottbellysrc
2008.03.11, 09:35 AM
I missed team Belly last weekend... Look forward to racing with you guys this weekend :D Should be fun.

Yeah Team Belly should be in da house this weekend. It may be the last regular weekend outing up to Action. Our Local Outdoor tracks are opening up soon... Have to Fire up the NiTrO Baby. From mini Z's to Mini truggies :-) . So I'll have to get all my Hacking in on the MiniHackMann a whole summer is a long time to wait before I can abuse him again .. :eek::eek:

We will be heading up to Action on the wet weekends though. Gotta Get the R/C FIX LOL...:p:D

T-Nasty
2008.03.11, 10:20 AM
So after much discussion and observation about how to handle the 2.4 cars, I have decided to run them in the stock MR02 class.
Great news, Al!

Hey guys, I see you chatting about those knuckles...what other differences are there that we should all know about when setting up a 2.4? I assume people will want to use parts from 02s...any other compatibility issues besides the obvious (i.e. motor mount)?

Also, does anyone know when you won't be forced to use that Star Trek phaser controller anymore? And how is that controller, anyway?

Slubben
2008.03.11, 10:28 AM
The 2.4 GHZ module should be available by Mid-Spring. The Star Trek controller really isn't that bad. I used mine for the first time at a race on Saturday and by the main I was doing the same amount of laps as I normally do.

ActionRC
2008.03.11, 11:08 AM
I didn't think I would like the new radio because it is so small and light (it felt kind of X-Mod-ish) but when I tried it I liked it for those exact same reasons! It was very easy to hold for a long period of time - effortless, really. I would like to see a softer wheel grip and model memory, but other than that, I really liked it.

I have the new knuckles on the way. They should have the same effect as the lowering shims, but in a neater, cleaner package. For anyone interested, I have tried to attach the breakdown that Kyosho sent me for the LM 2.4 cars. Hopefully, I did it right.

So Drew is looking to hack this weekend? In that case, NASCAR will be a blast this Saturday! That pink-fuschia-magenta #26 is going to look great with blue stripes across the side! Can't wait! See you all Saturday!

pottbellysrc
2008.03.11, 11:51 AM
I'm adding more clearcoat Al. Your blue almost made it onto my paint.. :eek:

Ya know there's been an lot of talk about the new car old car mix. And although there is probably not a major advantage to the car itself. It will be interesting to see what happens to the 02 drivers. From what I hear the new car nothing to the fact of being 2.4 or anything but it has a more powerful radio circuit in it. I just wonder how it's going to be if you have a heat of mostly 2.4 cars and a few 02's. Rumor is they will get stepped on and have radio issues b/c the 2.4's will over power them. But I'm in I can take them out just like the 02's LOL... j/k

ActionRC
2008.03.11, 01:38 PM
Just like when the 3010 boards came out, we're going to have to go through a little bit of a learning curve. I have communicated with other tracks that are running the cars together successully, and hopefully it will work for us as well. Action RC has a very big track by Mini-Z standards, so it may be different for us than it is for others. Hopefully over the next three weeks we'll all be very comfortable with running them together.

ActionRC
2008.03.11, 01:46 PM
OH - and all the clearcoat in the world isn't going to keep the blue stripes off! To quote Mr. Crop Duster and Darrel Waltrip - I'm "like Kyle Busch - three wide all by myself!" (Stugotz and Crop better watch out too.) BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

pottbellysrc
2008.03.11, 03:11 PM
OH - and all the clearcoat in the world isn't going to keep the blue stripes off! To quote Mr. Crop Duster and Darrel Waltrip - I'm "like Kyle Busch - three wide all by myself!" (Stugotz and Crop better watch out too.) BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

If you're 3 wide then you got bigger problem's b/c I'm 4 wide I'm bigger then you LOL...... :p

That's Kyle "I got Lucky Carl Broke or my A$$ was toast" Bush HUH :eek: . :D

minittrackmann
2008.03.11, 03:15 PM
Hey Adam are you going to the track this Saturday. If I am lucky I will be going also. Grades havnt been ht best. lol:( But if you dont mind do you think you could bring all of that Mini t stuff you said I could use for the race.... Thanks... If you would rather email me the response my email is

cgf93@aol.com

thanks
Cody

bermbuster
2008.03.11, 03:16 PM
If you're 3 wide then you got bigger problem's b/c I'm 4 wide I'm bigger then you LOL...... :p

That's Kyle "I got Lucky Carl Broke or my A$$ was toast" Bush HUH :eek: . :D

suddenly I am getting flashbacks from Days of Thunder......
rubbing is racing.... Drew keep messing with Al and he is gonna take out your body clips....let him pass....

Saturday is gonna be great....always a lot of fun racing at Action....

bermbuster
2008.03.11, 03:19 PM
Grades havnt been ht best. lol:(
Cody

Bring your books we can tutor you in between heats.....:)

minittrackmann
2008.03.11, 05:02 PM
hahaha, thats a great idea but my mom would never go along with it. lol..

Cody

pottbellysrc
2008.03.11, 08:16 PM
Hey Adam are you going to the track this Saturday. If I am lucky I will be going also. Grades havnt been ht best. lol:( But if you dont mind do you think you could bring all of that Mini t stuff you said I could use for the race.... Thanks... If you would rather email me the response my email is

cgf93@aol.com

thanks
Cody

Minihackmann is minislackman in school that aint cool.. get them grades straightened out I put extra paint on my car for you... LOL.... :D:p:D

pottbellysrc
2008.03.11, 08:22 PM
suddenly I am getting flashbacks from Days of Thunder......
rubbing is racing.... Drew keep messing with Al and he is gonna take out your body clips....let him pass....

Saturday is gonna be great....always a lot of fun racing at Action....

Rubbing is racing.... Punting is another story as kaybo LOL..... I may have to shoe goo my body on tonight so it hardens before saturday.

The Fushia Flash will be a blur as usual LOL.....

philly123
2008.03.11, 11:40 PM
cody ill bring those minit batteries if u want to trade for your micro t

Scrapper
2008.03.12, 11:11 AM
i gave him that micro t for free

I have the board and servo if u want it phil

All i want is a rcdamn mm damper setup

I getting ready for atomic

minittrackmann
2008.03.12, 03:41 PM
sure phil i will trade you... bring them..:)

Cody

Scrapper
2008.03.13, 06:48 AM
cody u have a micro t other than the one without board i gave u

Davey G
2008.03.13, 10:27 AM
cody u have a micro t other than the one without board i gave u

If your giving stuff away how do I get on the list? Only thing you've ever giving me for free is a HeadAche...

Lionblade
2008.03.13, 01:01 PM
If your giving stuff away how do I get on the list? Only thing you've ever giving me for free is a HeadAche...

Haha, this is true.

I'm not around much anymore, but I'm hearing an awful lot about those 2.4 Mini-Z's. Are you guys running them together with 02's?

Also, I won't be racing for some time - I work Friday and Saturday nights. I might be able to pop in over my spring break next month.

EMU
2008.03.13, 01:20 PM
Vin, check post #1938 (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=293812&postcount=1938) contains the official news on the 02/2.4 status.

I used to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights years ago. When I started racing at HKS in Manhattan, I dropped Friday. Then that closed down, and I didnt race till the end of the summer when I started going to Action. I decided to find a new job after the summer instead of going back to the old one, since I knew that my old one would want me for the weekends, and I needed to race.

Scrapper
2008.03.14, 09:38 PM
hey eugene i may just end up going soon to be today

bermbuster
2008.03.16, 07:52 AM
A great Saturday night of racing at Action......
4 heats of M02....:D

minittrackmann
2008.03.16, 09:00 AM
Great racing last night guys!!!

I had a lot of fun as always!!

Cody

Slubben
2008.03.16, 09:41 AM
Yeah it was a great night of racing always nice to come out and race with a nice bunch of fellow mini-zers.

TigeRyan
2008.03.16, 11:00 AM
Great night of racing, full house too :)

Was a really good time racing with everyone this winter, heading back outside now so I will only be up if it is a raining day out on the dirt :D

See ya next fall!

minittrackmann
2008.03.16, 11:44 AM
Great night of racing, full house too :)

Was a really good time racing with everyone this winter, heading back outside now so I will only be up if it is a raining day out on the dirt :D

See ya next fall!

Hey whats up? hit me up on aim!

cgf93

We gotta talk. lol

Cody

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.16, 12:52 PM
Man i had so much fun last night , to make the A-main was cool, but i'm happy about my fasts lap time in the A-main 7.3:p, i know i have a long way from winning in that class , just alot of good drivers,happy to learn from good friends, you guys are fun to race with ,

EMU
2008.03.16, 01:02 PM
Ehem... 7.38.

I was really surprised to see such a fast lap. I know my car was pretty quick on the infield, and average on the straight after I switched out the slow Speedy 05 for a Speedy 07BB. For some reason during the main I really had a problem getting the rear to bite. I didnt have as much difficulty during the heats. I errored way too much, had a few glitches that really hurt, but mainly I was trying to drive too tight of a line, and kept hitting the apex.

Its good to see both you and Cody in the A, especially when it is such a busy night. You are both getting much faster, guess I need to glue my rear view mirrors back on and keep an eye on you both!!!

Scrapper
2008.03.16, 02:37 PM
Stugottz will want updates over the next 2 weeks
week 1 no can go
week 2 world race

So lemme know who wins div 3

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.16, 04:36 PM
Ehem... 7.38.

I was really surprised to see such a fast lap. I know my car was pretty quick on the infield, and average on the straight after I switched out the slow Speedy 05 for a Speedy 07BB. For some reason during the main I really had a problem getting the rear to bite. I didnt have as much difficulty during the heats. I errored way too much, had a few glitches that really hurt, but mainly I was trying to drive too tight of a line, and kept hitting the apex.

Its good to see both you and Cody in the A, especially when it is such a busy night. You are both getting much faster, guess I need to glue my rear view mirrors back on and keep an eye on you both!!!

Hey Eugene

i was surprised to, i feel if i ever get better, i just need to race with you guys in that A-main more. from me racing Mini-Z's in North carolina and moving to jersey to races at Action RC , the level of racing is the best, just give me some time,i be up there with you guys soon, i know you guys need to work out the bugs in the 2.4 car, but my MR-02 was new out the box,to be that fast.i'm not feeling that 2.4 now,

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.16, 04:38 PM
but i know fast laps do not mean anything, winning the race is the thing to do, and being that wheel man,LoL

Cherub1m
2008.03.16, 06:54 PM
Yep nice racing last night.

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.17, 10:48 AM
Stugottz will want updates over the next 2 weeks
week 1 no can go
week 2 world race

So lemme know who wins div 3

Hey Stugottz

do not worry, even if your not there, your Son little Stugottz (little Bug) will be there,racing for you, hehehehehehehe:D

Scrapper
2008.03.17, 08:01 PM
funny tommy

rotflmao

Not

Exploiting someones fear is not funny

bermbuster
2008.03.17, 10:22 PM
Exploiting someones fear is not funny

Facing your fears is the only way to conquer them....

It is mind over matter....you shouldnt mind because bugs dont matter....:D

Scrapper
2008.03.18, 10:28 PM
Al u hack
lol jk

Hacking peoples fears

Jerry P
2008.03.19, 10:17 AM
It was a blast running with you guys at action. I was just fine with qualifying second in the B. It was my first time running a mini z somewhere other then Maj's. Cool atmosphere and I like that things move a long fast. hope to see some of you guys at that atomic race in 2 weeks.

Later
Jerry P

ActionRC
2008.03.20, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone! You have got to see this week's layout. I like this one alot - it's fast, but it's got four major technical areas which make driving this layout a challenge to say the least. Several drivers already ran it on Tuesday night, and everyone really enjoyed it. Get those Easter eggs done before Saturday evening, because you'll miss a great night of racing if you don't!

We had a great turnout last Thursday, and handed out $75 worth of gift cards! Saturday, we had 28 drivers(!!!), so if you haven't been racing in a while, this is the time to charge those batteries up. Great layout, lots of new and existing drivers, and five strong classes. The best Mini-Z racing is definitely going on right now at Action RC Mini Speedway!

Also, I would like to thank the racers who came out from Maj's. We had a great time racing with you, and with such a diverse talent level of all drivers, every race was awesome! We hope you all get to visit us again very soon!

If you are not on my mailing list, please shoot me an email and I'll add you. If you would like to see this weeks layout, I'll send you a pic.

That's all for now. Hope to see you all soon!

Al
Action RC Mini Speedway
www.actionRCspeedway.com

ActionRC
2008.03.20, 11:18 AM
Hey guys. Sorry to deliver such sad news, but our thoughts and prayers must go out to the friends, family and especially the owner of Lil' Stugotz. Lil' Stugotz passed some time between Saturday and Tuesday nights, and was found dead in a pile of swept up rear view mirrors, tire tape, Swedish Fish, and crushed M&M's. He was found with his little legs up in the air, cradling his little body for comfort. We will never forget the happiness and smiles he brought to all he encountered, and how he touched our lives in so many ways. Who could forget how he magically appeared on the counter, only to be adopted with open arms by Stugotz? When he and Stugotz parted ways, with Stugotz angrily throwing him out into the cold and lonely hallway, it was Lil' Stugotz who climbed his way back down and across the hallway and up the door jam to come back home to the owner he loved and missed.

Police have been notified, and are investigating for foul play, as crumbs of pizza, hamburgers, Skittles, and jalapenos were found around his mouth.

TomSr
2008.03.20, 01:11 PM
Hey guys. Sorry to deliver such sad news, but our thoughts and prayers must go out to the friends, family and especially the owner of Lil' Stugotz. Lil' Stugotz passed some time between Saturday and Tuesday nights, and was found dead in a pile of swept up rear view mirrors, tire tape, Swedish Fish, and crushed M&M's. He was found with his little legs up in the air, cradling his little body for comfort. We will never forget the happiness and smiles he brought to all he encountered, and how he touched our lives in so many ways. Who could forget how he magically appeared on the counter, only to be adopted with open arms by Stugotz? When he and Stugotz parted ways, with Stugotz angrily throwing him out into the cold and lonely hallway, it was Lil' Stugotz who climbed his way back down and across the hallway and up the door jam to come back home to the owner he loved and missed.

Police have been notified, and are investigating for foul play, as crumbs of pizza, hamburgers, Skittles, and jalapenos were found around his mouth.

Hahaha - That's too funny!

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.20, 01:37 PM

Yes that is sad news,but was that the reason Stugotz has been running good on the track, I think so, Hey Stugotz when you get back from your trip , maybe your see (Little Stugotz) big sister look for you when you get back,

Scrapper
2008.03.20, 02:49 PM
i am actually going to action today so ill mourn there

Al that was so f+++ing funny
No bs

Murderer>>>

CDR racing
2008.03.20, 04:49 PM
Yes that is sad news,but was that the reason Stugotz has been running good on the track, I think so,

Tommy, I see the pain of this sad news has caused you to have irrational thoughts. This is a natural phase of mourning and should go away soon, so don't worry! LOL:D

Yes, very sad news. Any info on the funeral arrangements?

Scrapper
2008.03.21, 08:00 PM
i have images of the prime suspect/[U]hac[U]tual murderer to be posted l8ter

philly123
2008.03.23, 04:13 PM
eugene u said they only class that haqs handout tires is 02 stock

Scrapper
2008.03.23, 05:59 PM
phil ur going to the atomic

who won last night guys

c main dmain a main b main

philly123
2008.03.23, 07:00 PM
yea im goin sam

bermbuster
2008.03.23, 07:58 PM
eugene u said they only class that haqs handout tires is 02 stock

stock both front and rear are handouts

mod 2wd fronts are handouts
mod awd fronts are handouts

F1 no handouts.....

EMU
2008.03.23, 10:30 PM
From what I have heard...

Stock: 30d AW rear / 40d AW front
Mod 2wd/AWD: Any rear / 30d AW front

I am running 2wd stock and 2wd mod. I am going to switch the setup I ran last night on the Murcielago to the Mod car. Stock I will decide when I get there. Depending on what the grip level is... I will start with 94mm, if I push I will switch around the bodies to see if I can get more grip, if that doesnt work, then I will switch to 98mm. If I have too much steering, then I will go RM. I need to order a new mount, since Magic now has my only other PN RM mount.

Phil, if you need any rear tires for Mod, I have a few. This way you can balance the car better. You may want to try 94mm MM for mod, since there should be more rear grip. Although, we will have to see how it is when we get there. If you need any setups to switch to, I have parts you can use. I have a few 94mm MM mounts.

From what I have heard, it will be a tighter track layout than Action, since there is not as much room. So speeds will be a little lower, so car rotation and corner speed will be important. 94mm generally rotates faster. 98mm tends to have more turn in, and sweeper stability.

The 98mm RM had good grip out of the corner, but still had enough on throttle steering compared to 94mm RM. It really surprised me, and Magic just had to have it, since he couldnt get the rear planted on the MM config. You probably noticed how my car would get out of the corners really well, although the sweepers werent quite as smooth as I would have liked. I need to play with it a little more...

More later...

philly123
2008.03.23, 11:08 PM
will i be ablw to test my cars before i decide wat i want to run and i cud sign up there rite

EMU
2008.03.24, 03:49 AM
I wouldnt know. You may want to email Maj.

You get the tires and motor after you sign up. I would think you may be able to sign up for additional events if you want, but you should at least pre register for at least the events that you know you will be racing..

What classes are you thinking of running? I would suggest at least the modified classes. Winner of those classes gets airfare to the world championship in Hong Kong :D

You can see the full rules here: http://www.shopmaj.com/id100.html
Online registration: http://www.shopmaj.com/catalog/c91_p1.html

bermbuster
2008.03.24, 07:07 AM
will i be ablw to test my cars before i decide wat i want to run and i cud sign up there rite

no testing....
you sign up then you can practice.
There is not a lot of practice time to begin with.
Most likely your first two qualifiers on Saturday will be more like extended practice.....dialing and tuning the cars for Sunday.

Slubben
2008.03.24, 08:39 AM
There will be timed practice sessions for the Atomic race. Fives minutes per class that will rotate from 9am until 12pm. After the qaulifiers on Saturday the track will be open for practice until 9pm. Sunday no practice. This is what I heard last week

bermbuster
2008.03.24, 08:59 AM
There will be timed practice sessions for the Atomic race. Fives minutes per class that will rotate from 9am until 12am. After the qaulifiers on Saturday the track will be open for practice until 9pm. Sunday no practice. This is what I heard last week
it could be a crystal nightmare.....glad I have spektrum....
that equates to a possible 45 minutes of practice before the races start then some good practice time after the first two rounds of qualifying....
this race is going to be awesome....driving skill and set up skill.....

Slubben
2008.03.24, 09:44 AM
We will see how it works out. It will be nice to able to judge our cars against other cars in the same class during practice without having to worry about faster/slower classes. I have a tendency to over drive my car during practice and always think its bad when its not.

Scrapper
2008.03.24, 10:40 AM
slubben who are u

and does anyone no when qualifying will be completed

mayb in time to get 2 action for point victory

stugottz div 3 champ

Slubben
2008.03.24, 10:42 AM
I am Berm's friend and I have run at Action a few times. I doubt you could make it to action in time to race there that night.

Scrapper
2008.03.24, 10:46 AM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l136/Untouchable123_2006/DSC01329.jpg

face of the hactual murderer of little stugotz

Al "Albert" Venditti

tommy_greeneyes
2008.03.24, 03:59 PM
wow, :eek: