PDA

View Full Version : Action RC 2, Staten Island

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Lionblade
2005.09.11, 01:18 PM
As in regard to this post: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=197358#post197358.

I'm going to describe all of the guys I can think of first.

Al: The owner. The guy with whom we'd be lost Z'ers without. :p He's a good racer, and I respect the fact that he doesn't practice everytime he can, otherwise he'd have an unfair advantage. Lots of fun to TRY to pass. ;)

Crop: Another one who's there too much. :rolleyes: He's gotten a lot better, he used to be bouncing off the walls. Always races me hard.

Tom Jr.: Crop's brother. Only seen him the last few months. He's gotten good too. We don't really have a rivalry or anything...but I do feel bad when he spins in front of me, and I go right under that green Murcielago. Great guy.

Tom Sr.: Crop's father. He's always as clean as he can be, but I can't say much else. Haven't raced with him much. Good guy, too.

Magic: He's a ball-buster. :rolleyes: Magic's a great guy and an even better driver. What can I say? He's helped me quite a bit. :)

Eugene(EMU): Like Magic. He's helped me out a bunch, too...plus, 'cause of him I know my new enzo will need a spoiler.

Tom Price: I've known Tom for a long time. He's always been fun to drive with, especially when Rob & Alex are in it, too. The verbal abuse makes it worth the price of admission. Overall fun guy.

Rob Price: Tom's nephew. Another part of the original crew. Always races as hard as he can, especially when Tom & Alex are involved.

Alex: He was always quiet..especially when he had that shaggy hair. Doesn't talk much during the race, even when he's getting a beat down from a certain Price.

Bob K: Has a lot more RC experience than most of us. Ultimate respect for this guy.

John Brown: As above. And I still remember the series he won by showing up 6/8 times..and getting 100 points every time he was there.

Willy Wong: Does he really need an explanation? I'm sure you all know.

Bennet Lo: Always up front, blah blah..we all know he's good, too.

Roland Shao: Props for the pink & blue Enzo. Nothing else needed.

Sai: Well, I wasn't sure how good he was 'till yesterday...he got an 02, and he blew me away every qualifier.

Nick: He's good for his age, but does tend to get a little bit emotional. But we'll overlook that, he's 11.

Mike(michvin): Just met him last night. Poor guy got batted around in his main, but he's super-clean. Can't wait 'till he gets back in the groove and starts racing me.

Eric: Mike's son. Met him last night, too...and I must say, I am very impressed. We had never been on the track before, but we raced incredibly close to each other considering we never even touched. He likes the same line as me(good choice!), and we were working very well together. Bumper to bumper from the start. We started next to last and last, but finished 2nd & 3rd. :) And the big kicker is that he's so young. Not sure of his age, but I think he's around 11, as well.

Bobby Diamond: He's really nice, but gets frustrated and leaves a lot. Haven't raced with him.

Infinity Joe: He's getting better, but he still has the tendency to hack and cut people off at times. He's getting there, though.

I think that's everyone...well, except for me. But I can't comment on myself. :D

So basically, we can use this thread as a driver reference and for posting results.
And lastly, the link to the site, of course. Action RC (http://www.actionrcspeedway.com)

--------------------------
Results for 9/10/05:
C main: 1st: Mike 2nd: Infinity Joe 3rd: Tom Sr.
B Main: 1st: Al 2nd: Big Vin 3rd: Eric
A Main: 1st: 2nd: 3rd:

*Right now, I don't know these. I had to leave before the race was over.

EMU
2005.09.12, 03:06 PM
Nice intro ;)

A main results for 9/10/05 were 1st: Roland (would you expect anyone else), 2nd: Magic, 3rd: (not sure, but it might have been Sai, or Joe).

I should drop a few places in the points standings due to my last place finish at the race. I need some alloy knuckles :rolleyes: I have 3 degree alloy knuckles, but they would be too much for this track. I guess I need to wait till next paycheck and order a set, unless somebody trades some parts with me http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19327

michvin
2005.09.12, 03:22 PM
Not related to knuckles, but...
Do you have a lot of play in throttle? what i mean is: when you pulll the trigger, some amount of movement is wasted. It seemed huge amount yesterday on F1 and i had no chance to check Mclaren...
Ever observed? How to get rid of?
Oh, and yeah, next time i gonna take B-main (if Eric will wlloe me) :D :D :D
He just turned 12 by the way :)

herman
2005.09.13, 04:42 AM
hi lionblade... nice to see you have a bunch of friends who share your passion...

also glad to hear that you got your wheel wobble fixed...

michvin
2005.09.13, 12:55 PM
You can adjust the throttle trim a little fwd, which should take away some of the dead zone, only thing is that you will have more dead zone in reverse (if too much fwd, then it will be hard or impossible to get into reverse). Your TX may have an adjustment that I do not know of, if you want next race we can work on it a little.
I figured out the trick with trim already. also setting throttle exponential to ~+30% helps a great deal. what remains is to see how it works on track. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx.
Magic was talking about throttle movement that is wasted on high revs. After some point there's no increase in speed. Do you remember what was the number (% of throttle)?

EMU
2005.09.13, 01:04 PM
I figured out the trick with trim already. also setting throttle exponential to ~+30% helps a great deal. what remains is to see how it works on track. Any ideas would be appreciated, thanx.
Magic was talking about throttle movement that is wasted on high revs. After some point there's no increase in speed. Do you remember what was the number (% of throttle)?
With the 2PL, when I set my CH2+ endpoint at 65% I get full use of the throttle, without any waste in travel. So basically, 65% is 100% for me. Some cars are a little more, some are a little less but all around 60-70%. Depending on the motor I am using, sometimes I run with less, 55% with the Atomic Motor and 9t pinion on my Enzo was a sweet spot. I still had about the same accel as everyone else, but had a little higher top speed. When I had it set to 65% with that setup, I would tend to go too fast into the corners, and heat my tires too much (and my batteries would dump faster).

As you know, the 2PL has no exponential, so I would like to know how the exponential adjustment reacts at the track.

michvin
2005.09.13, 02:17 PM
With the 2PL, when I set my CH2+ endpoint at 65% I get full use of the throttle, without any waste in travel. So basically, 65% is 100% for me.
How do you estimate the %? vision/hearing or more scientific methods?

michvin
2005.09.13, 02:28 PM
We had originally tested on the speed checker. Now I do it by ear and feeling of the car. 2PL is a little annoying to adjust the functions with its single button interface. Hard to adjust on the fly.
Yeah... interface can be better.
Do you think using the voltmeter to measure voltage on motor wires would be good idea or i'd fry the board that way?

Lionblade
2005.09.13, 04:28 PM
Sure, the interface could be better...but it's only about a $65 radio.
Well, except for me, mine was a freebie from a raffle. :D

I'm going to dial down to 65% throttle for this weekend...it's being wasted on a track with no straight. With full control of the throttle, I might be able to catch Al next time...maybe. :rolleyes:

Lionblade
2005.09.18, 12:19 AM
Results for 9/17/05:

C Main- 1st:Big Vin(42 laps) 2nd: Cropduster(36 laps) 3rd: Tom Jr.(35 laps)
B Main- 1st: Bennet Lo(44 laps) 2nd:Eugene(41 laps) 3rd: Al(40 laps?)
A Main- Roland Chao(47 laps) 2nd: Willie Wong(46 laps) 3rd(Magic 45 laps) -- the A main's just a prediction, I didn't get to see it.

Notice the result in the C? The 6 lap gap? Well, Al threw me in the C main so he could stay in the B..Magic had and still has a few things to say about that. :rolleyes: But whatever, it's his place. Hopefully, soon a few of us will be running in Mag's garage. I'm not sure we'll need this thread much longer..

But let's keep that matter private. Already enough arguing at the track tonight anyway.

michvin
2005.09.18, 12:25 AM
hi.
problems at the track? PM or email me with what happened?

Lionblade
2005.09.18, 12:36 AM
E-mail sent.

EMU
2005.09.18, 02:35 AM
A main: Roland Shao 49, Willy Wong 48, Joe Skids 47, Magic Man Red 45 (one lap behind Joe, but Joe got to the lap counter early enough to get the extra lap).

New rule at the track which will be enforced next week. Motors will be limited to Kyosho X-Speed, PN Speedy, Speedy BB, Speedy 05, Speedy 05 BB. More will be posted as more information is revealed.

Vin. I do not disagree with Al placing you in the C. The only way that you were going to be placed in the B is if he only ran 2 mains. Granted your motor broke down in 2 qualify heats, and your third heat was not good, but that is racing. I have been in that scenario before, and it sucks, but thats racing. If Al had run only 2 mains, Bennet and I would have been in A main, and everyone else from B and C would have run together. The B main would have been very hectic, and more B racers would have been hurt. Also, I think that complaining about it in front of C main racers (Tom Sr. etc)was not very nice, it probably hurt his feelings a little, to blatantly say your better (although, we know that to be true). I would have liked to have raced you in the main tonight, but thats racing... There is allways next week ;)

Lionblade
2005.09.18, 02:54 AM
I know it did sound arrogant, but it wasn't really meant as an insult to anyone else...just frustration with Al, mostly because of him accusing me of not paying. And I did ask him to put me as last in the B main before he sorted everything, and that, well, it wouldn't be fair. And look what happened...I don't like to do that. It's not enjoyable for me to do that, and I know none of the other guys liked it. I just want everyone to run with who they can. :o

I didn't ask Mag to defend me so adamantly, I was confused why he did. It seemed to have mattered more to him than me what main I was in.

I didn't like it, but I figured I'd just accept the bad day.

And I've had disagreements with him before, so this isn't anything new, really. If you remember Bobby(or as Mag referred to him as, "hacker Bobby"), well he and his buddy Izzy were at the old place a lot. We ran together a lot, so naturally we clashed sometimes. Some weekend in February or so, in the main, Bobby, Izzy, myself, and the kid Nick were racing. I don't know what the two of them were saying about Nick, but it was bad enough to make him cry...They left, and I was accused of making the poor kid cry, though I had nothing to do with it. And in the whole argument in the office, Al didn't even defend me, though he didn't know what happened. And after that, he started to ignore me a little, so I ignored him back. I guess when I came and stopped buying stuff from him(notable the SLR), he stopped paying much attention to me. Honestly, I'd love to support him...but he marks everything up so much. $50 for an Autoscale? $23 for and unpainted body?? $8 for 2 tires?! You see the pattern.

That whole motor rule doesn't concern me at all, so I'm not bothered...don't know why Mag was worked up.

But the thing about putting himself in the B main instead of me did honestly bug me a little...but only because it was Al. I thought that since he's the owner, he would take care of his customers a little? He gave his 3rd place trophy to Johnathan, why not let me into the B main? He didn't even have to bump himself out, really...could've just stuck me in. Honestly, with the 9t in there, he knew I was fast...my lap times were better than his.

But hey, you're right, that's racing. I just don't think racing should be a business sometimes...especially when I get accused of skipping out on paying someone. That's not the right way to go about it. :(

SaiTam
2005.09.18, 08:30 AM
QUOTESai: Well, I wasn't sure how good he was 'till yesterday...he got an 02, and he blew me away every qualifier.

I like the description you gave to me and everybody.....................

In case you don't know me I have been racing RC cars in Old Englistown raceway; Jackson; Williis; South Shore hobby, etc.........for quite a while. You really learn a lot when racing with the fast guys, just let them PASS and follow their line. I drove very badly with my 01 until my brother brought over from Hong Kong with the 02 and some parts.

I don't mind the motor rule but the Speedy 05 BB I bought last night sucked! It was much slower than my other two regular Speedy 05.

QUOTEHonestly, I'd love to support him...but he marks everything up so much. $50 for an Autoscale? $23 for and unpainted body?? $8 for 2 tires?! You see the pattern.

I understand the markup for running a business, I just hope Al can round the prices so that I don't have to count the pennies(Prices with TAX).

arch2b
2005.09.18, 10:03 AM
being a shop owner is no easy task. i've talked to enough of them to know they have alot to do and very little wiggle room with which to do it. the bottom line is, it's his business and inorder for it to continue staying in business money will always be an issue. i know some shop owners that are just as frustrated dealing with it as some customers are but it's the necessary evil and some one has to do it.

while those prices are no doubt on the high end, new york i would think has a premium on realestate. it's not like having a shop in a strip mall out in the burbs (i'm assuming he's in the city). what mini-z's i've seen in local hobby shops have been marked up very high as well but that had more to do with tower screwing them than location. while pricing from k. usa is cheaper, as the prices have dropped on items here, it may not be so for hobby shops who don't have dealer setups with k. usa and i havbe no idea if you guy does or not.

i have heard stories about lhs owners getting very upset or hostile in general toward cutomers who bring in items purchased from other sources. while i understand their situation, i would seriously disagree with that attitude taken. i'm just lucky i guess that the lhs guys here are total large scale snobs and don't really pay attention to anyone smaller than 1:18. giving people attitude for things like this does nothing for creating a welcoming atmosphere or even friedly one for that matter. everyone has the freedom of choice and if that is not supported, i would not stick around very long. btw, i have supported lhs shops before for other things such as trains and paint supplies.... not all of them are still around now :( it's a very tuff market now that e commerce has become more of the standard business model for this feild as there is less overhead and operating costs. brick and mortar shops are in a very tuff position, one that i do not envy. especially with products such as rcp and core available to the average person or group and the ability to host racing by the average person or group will only further hurt the old business model. i can say that having races without the hassle of money being involved is a very nice thing :) venu's like the dc/ps/ny gtg races so far have been free of charge as have all the dc gtg races i've hosted. i think you'll find more and more people less willing to pay to race especially when their is attitude involved when local club racing will become more and more of an available option.

this may or may not apply to anyone here, just airing my thoughts i guess. i've come across other such stories of the last 4 years.....

gasman1
2005.09.18, 11:13 AM
I know it did sound arrogant, but it wasn't really meant as an insult to anyone else...just frustration with Al, mostly because of him accusing me of not paying. And I did ask him to put me as last in the B main before he sorted everything, and that, well, it wouldn't be fair. And look what happened...I don't like to do that. It's not enjoyable for me to do that, and I know none of the other guys liked it. I just want everyone to run with who they can. :o

I didn't ask Mag to defend me so adamantly, I was confused why he did. It seemed to have mattered more to him than me what main I was in.

I didn't like it, but I figured I'd just accept the bad day.

And I've had disagreements with him before, so this isn't anything new, really. If you remember Bobby(or as Mag referred to him as, "hacker Bobby"), well he and his buddy Izzy were at the old place a lot. We ran together a lot, so naturally we clashed sometimes. Some weekend in February or so, in the main, Bobby, Izzy, myself, and the kid Nick were racing. I don't know what the two of them were saying about Nick, but it was bad enough to make him cry...They left, and I was accused of making the poor kid cry, though I had nothing to do with it. And in the whole argument in the office, Al didn't even defend me, though he didn't know what happened. And after that, he started to ignore me a little, so I ignored him back. I guess when I came and stopped buying stuff from him(notable the SLR), he stopped paying much attention to me. Honestly, I'd love to support him...but he marks everything up so much. $50 for an Autoscale? $23 for and unpainted body?? $8 for 2 tires?! You see the pattern.

That whole motor rule doesn't concern me at all, so I'm not bothered...don't know why Mag was worked up.

But the thing about putting himself in the B main instead of me did honestly bug me a little...but only because it was Al. I thought that since he's the owner, he would take care of his customers a little? He gave his 3rd place trophy to Johnathan, why not let me into the B main? He didn't even have to bump himself out, really...could've just stuck me in. Honestly, with the 9t in there, he knew I was fast...my lap times were better than his.

But hey, you're right, that's racing. I just don't think racing should be a business sometimes...especially when I get accused of skipping out on paying someone. That's not the right way to go about it. :(

Sometimes it better to keep one's thoughts to one's self.

Our club has delt with Al on several occasions and found him to be quite accomodating and fair. He has rent to pay and a family to feed. Put yourself in his shoes and you would be doing the same thing if you wanted to stay in business.

Maybe you are alienating yourself by posting these comments. It's Ok to write them down to vent your anger, just don't click on the "Submit" button. Just my personal opinion.

michvin
2005.09.18, 01:54 PM
I wasn't there to see what happened, so i won't comment on that.
As to prices, yes, Al is quite expensive, but he can't really compete with ebay prices - he has a rent to pay etc... (lap counter alone costs couple of 1000s....).
We'd better notargue - we're too little to split up. Let's keep peace and good racing!
Hope to see you guys next week!

Lionblade
2005.09.18, 03:55 PM
I wasn't there to see what happened, so i won't comment on that.
As to prices, yes, Al is quite expensive, but he can't really compete with ebay prices - he has a rent to pay etc... (lap counter alone costs couple of 1000s....).
We'd better notargue - we're too little to split up. Let's keep peace and good racing!
Hope to see you guys next week!

Crop said something about Al getting the new Core system...but not receiving the software & the cable was too short. Something like that.

I just hope there's no tension between Magic & Al from now on..it doesn't bother me what race I'm in or what motor I have to run, but Mag said something along the lines of "I'm sure you wouldn't care if I stopped coming here" to Al. Hope there's no strife next week between anyone.

EMU
2005.09.18, 04:02 PM
Magic does not shy away from confrontations that he feels strong about. The motor issue as well as a few small issues had been bothering him.

Costs for running his business are quite high, and he could probably just barely keep the doors of the shop open on racing fees alone. He needs the sale of parts to make it somewhat worthwile. A lot of work is put in to setup such a venue. A garage track is much easier to setup, since most of the time, people would be running a single group. You also have to remember, that he has a family as well. Which takes its toll on the hours that he can race and have the track open. We used to race until 3am at Canal, which I loved because there was lots of practice between heats.

arch2b
2005.09.18, 04:28 PM
Crop said something about Al getting the new Core system...but not receiving the software & the cable was too short. Something like that.

I just hope there's no tension between Magic & Al from now on..it doesn't bother me what race I'm in or what motor I have to run, but Mag said something along the lines of "I'm sure you wouldn't care if I stopped coming here" to Al. Hope there's no strife next week between anyone.
you have to buy a usb extension cable and he will get the software via a link to download. it's all ben discussed in the core support section of the forum

Lionblade
2005.09.21, 10:32 PM
@EMU: I have a few packs of IC3's coming, one for you. Unfortunately, I won't have them in my hands until Tuesday at the earliest, so I won't be able to give them to you on Saturday. :(

By the way, did you notice if I left 4 extras IC3's at the track? I can't find them...running on 1 pack will be a little exhausting for the batteries.

EMU
2005.09.22, 12:39 AM
@EMU: I have a few packs of IC3's coming, one for you. Unfortunately, I won't have them in my hands until Tuesday at the earliest, so I won't be able to give them to you on Saturday. :(
Thanks ;)
By the way, did you notice if I left 4 extras IC3's at the track? I can't find them...running on 1 pack will be a little exhausting for the batteries.
Magic has your cells.

Lionblade
2005.09.22, 03:48 PM
Thanks ;)

Anytime. :)

Magic has your cells.

Figures. I left in a hurry last Saturday. I should be back in the B on Saturday, hopefully this Speedy 05 won't break down on me. :rolleyes:

I'm still kind of annoyed the other one went...the motor was only a month old, maybe 4-5 hours of runtime on it. Must've just got a bad one. :confused:

What are you running this weekend? If you run the McLaren, I can use the Magene themed Enzo and the 3 team cars can race together. :D It'd be cool if we were both good enough to get into the A main...3 cars with the same scheme would mess with a few people. :p

Even when he had a bad back we couldn't beat him. :rolleyes:

EMU
2005.09.22, 03:53 PM
Anytime. :)

Figures. I left in a hurry last Saturday. I should be back in the B on Saturday, hopefully this Speedy 05 won't break down on me. :rolleyes:

I'm still kind of annoyed the other one went...the motor was only a month old, maybe 4-5 hours of runtime on it. Must've just got a bad one. :confused:

What are you running this weekend? If you run the McLaren, I can use the Magene themed Enzo and the 3 team cars can race together. :D It'd be cool if we were both good enough to get into the A main...3 cars with the same scheme would mess with a few people. :p

Even when he had a bad back we couldn't beat him. :rolleyes:
I dont think I am going to run the McLaren body on the 01 anymore. I have attached an Enzo front clip ;) The McLaren body is just a little too narrow, so if I brush the walls, servo breaks. I think I am going to convert one of my 01's to an 015 chassis sometime in the near future when I get some cash (so I can at least have a servo saver).

The only way your colors would change, is if I owned your body. Magic uses my car, which is why he is green/silver. If he uses his own cars, he can be any color ;)

Lionblade
2005.09.22, 04:03 PM
Running an Enzo always seems to be a good alternative. :D

Do you prefer the yellow Enzo or the Green/silver one? The different wings chage the hadling a little bit. I prefer the green/silver, it seems to push a little more, which I like. Which one are you going to use?

I've finally got enough for a new body...but I don't really think it's worth it right now, not sure what's gonna happen with my Z's in a few weeks...I know it looks like I mooch off you by eventually using one of your bodies every week.. :o

EMU
2005.09.22, 11:20 PM
The green/silver is more stable, yellow is faster (paint adds weight, and stability).

I dont know which body I am going to use. I need to grind both of their rear windows out for shock clearance. Whichever body I dont use, feel free to use.

michvin
2005.09.23, 12:17 AM
EMU,
I've just pre-ordered the AWD mini-z :D :p

EMU
2005.09.23, 12:19 AM
EMU,
I've just pre-ordered the AWD mini-z :D :p
You lucky guy :p Im going to have to wait a little while :rolleyes: I may get one of the new Xmods to setup for drifting.

michvin
2005.09.23, 12:21 AM
You lucky guy :p Im going to have to wait a little while :rolleyes: I may get one of the new Xmods to setup for drifting.
Do you have a site with the new x-mod?

Lionblade
2005.09.26, 03:19 PM
@EMU: I have a few packs of IC3's coming, one for you.

Got 'em a day early, I have them in my hand now...okay, so they're on the desk, but I have to type, ya know. ;)

I'll probably break them in today while I work...that is if I'm not tempted by Forza/Burnout 3/Jade Empire. :rolleyes:

EMU
2005.09.26, 03:24 PM
Got 'em a day early, I have them in my hand now...okay, so they're on the desk, but I have to type, ya know. ;)

I'll probably break them in today while I work...that is if I'm not tempted by Forza/Burnout 3/Jade Empire. :rolleyes:
Sweet, thanks for the update ;)

Ibrake Ifry
2005.09.28, 07:52 AM
hey guys, its me marcos... I should be there this saturday also with a readyset of my own SO PLEASE be easy on the new body...hehe Oh and btw its a kyosho one of course...

michvin
2005.09.28, 09:36 AM
its a kyosho one of course...
There are options except kyosho? :eek:
:D :D

Lionblade
2005.09.28, 06:06 PM
There are options except kyosho? :D

Yeah...but not when they go nuts when other cars are near them. *cough*iwaver*cough* :p

@ Marcos: which readyset? $20 says it's an Enzo. :D If not, I hope you got an EASILY VISIBLE body. My SLR taught me that...destroyed in about 5 minutes. :rolleyes: My best advice is to be careful, though. Since you just got your Z, there's a good chance you'll be in the C...little bit of a rough main. If you got an Enzo, you can always use my red body if you think you'll get beat around, or Eugene's green and silver since that seems to be losing paint for some reason anyway. XD

@Eugene: I charged both new packs and tested them. Now, either my other batteries are slowing down, or these things are rockets. :D I'm sure you'll like them. I know I will...I just hope Crop doesn't try to block me on the straight like last week...he'll be OWNED. ;)

@Michvin: Eric did really well and won his main last week...but Crop was complaining to me after the race. He said Eric was tanking a bit. I guess he's got a point...I was marshalling that race, and Eric pushed past a little bit...but Al told him twice to watch his reverse into traffic. Now, I personally didn't see him reverse into anyone, so I can't defend his statement, but it may be something you want to advise to Eric, I don't want Crop to get angry as he so often does with me...Which, by the way, I still don't understand. :rolleyes: He did well with your McLaren, though. And the paintbrush Marlboro scheme is...original. Hey, can't see the brushstrokes from 15 feet away, right. ;)

And, uh, if any of you guys saw...Eug's green/silver Enzo is quickly becoming yellow, and in the oddest places. The paint chipped next to the base of the spoiler, exactly how did I get hit there? :confused: Someone had a higher car I guess...the only one I can think I tangled with a bit was Crop, dunno how high his 575 is.

michvin
2005.09.28, 06:11 PM
Yeah...but not when they go nuts when other cars are near them. *cough*iwaver*cough* :p

@ Marcos: which readyset? $20 says it's an Enzo. :D If not, I hope you got an EASILY VISIBLE body. My SLR taught me that...destroyed in about 5 minutes. :rolleyes: My best advice is to be careful, though. Since you just got your Z, there's a good chance you'll be in the C...little bit of a rough main. If you got an Enzo, you can always use my red body if you think you'll get beat around, or Eugene's green and silver since that seems to be losing paint for some reason anyway. XD

@Eugene: I charged both new packs and tested them. Now, either my other batteries are slowing down, or these things are rockets. :D I'm sure you'll like them. I know I will...I just hope Crop doesn't try to block me on the straight like last week...he'll be OWNED. ;)

@Michvin: Eric did really well and won his main last week...but Crop was complaining to me after the race. He said Eric was tanking a bit. I guess he's got a point...I was marshalling that race, and Eric pushed past a little bit...but Al told him twice to watch his reverse into traffic. Now, I personally didn't see him reverse into anyone, so I can't defend his statement, but it may be something you want to advise to Eric, I don't want Crop to get angry as he so often does with me...Which, by the way, I still don't understand. :rolleyes: He did well with your McLaren, though. And the paintbrush Marlboro scheme is...original. Hey, can't see the brushstrokes from 15 feet away, right. ;)

And, uh, if any of you guys saw...Eug's green/silver Enzo is quickly becoming yellow, and in the oddest places. The paint chipped next to the base of the spoiler, exactly how did I get hit there? :confused: Someone had a higher car I guess...the only one I can think I tangled with a bit was Crop, dunno how high his 575 is.
:)
i think crop was seeking for excuse for not winning the race
Al told Eric to watch his backouts, true, but that was during the qualifier, not in finals, so the complaint is not to the point. :)

Lionblade
2005.09.28, 06:34 PM
:)
i think crop was seeking for excuse for not winning the race
Al told Eric to watch his backouts, true, but that was during the qualifier, not in finals, so the complaint is not to the point. :)

I had thought so. Like I said, I was marshalling the main and I didn't see him reverse into anyone.

Crop does make a lot of excuses, I guess. I think he hates to be passed...especially by a certain few. :rolleyes:

I think he should always be in the B with all the stuff he's done with his car. He just gets a little too emotional.

michvin
2005.09.28, 06:42 PM
I had thought so. Like I said, I was marshalling the main and I didn't see him reverse into anyone.

Crop does make a lot of excuses, I guess. I think he hates to be passed...especially by a certain few. :rolleyes:

I think he should always be in the B with all the stuff he's done with his car. He just gets a little too emotional.
emotional is typical for this age.
Yeah, it doesn't feel nice at this age to be passed by someone of your age or even younger, especially when you're a veteran on the track and the other kid is second time there :)

Lionblade
2005.09.28, 06:47 PM
emotional is typical for this age.
Yeah, it doesn't feel nice at this age to be passed by someone of your age or even younger, especially when you're a veteran on the track and the other kid is second time there :)

I guess. I like when Eric passes me in practice, it's fun to try to get around him, he happens to run most of my normal line. :D

Even if Crop doesn't have much experience with him, it's not really a good excuse. I've been a vet much longer than him, and it was great when Eric jumped on the track with me the first time a couple weeks ago. We seem to run well together all of the time...

I don't think age should really be an excuse. If you ever see him, there's a little kid named Robbie that comes to the track sometimes. He gets frustrated, but a lot less than Crop. He's 6...AND he's a lefty. ;)

arch2b
2005.09.28, 07:47 PM
my son is 5 and he is getting better about being conscious about traffic. he rarely complains about being passed but more about beeing hit while reversing into oncoming traffic.

if you find yourself getting all worked up, possibly you not in the right hobby :rolleyes: it's supossed to be fun, not frustration. win or loose.... i do more loosing than winning and i host events :rolleyes:

michvin
2005.09.29, 12:03 AM
my son is 5 and he is getting better about being conscious about traffic. he rarely complains about being passed but more about beeing hit while reversing into oncoming traffic.

if you find yourself getting all worked up, possibly you not in the right hobby :rolleyes: it's supossed to be fun, not frustration. win or loose.... i do more loosing than winning and i host events :rolleyes:
It wasn't all that bad at the track.. :rolleyes:
My son (he's 12) really did couple of dangerous backouts... but race organizer and myself talked to him and in the main he did nothing like that. And, to be honest, he won not because he drove as a tank, he was just plain better...
As unbiased observation as it could be - i'm his father after all :D

EMU
2005.09.29, 01:45 AM
Marcos has the 360 GTC. He will be using the front end parts from the Iwaver (PN Kingpins, Atomic Knuckles) with the PN ML Motormount, and I am not sure if he got a rear damper for it yet.

The Enzo had the gloss coat when it was painted, and the paint doesnt stick well to the gloss coat. If it was primered that would have solved the issue. I think I may run the green/silver this weekend.

Vin, thanks for the batts ;)

michvin
2005.09.29, 02:18 AM
Marcos has the 360 GTC. He will be using the front end parts from the Iwaver (PN Kingpins, Atomic Knuckles) with the PN ML Motormount, and I am not sure if he got a rear damper for it yet.

The Enzo had the gloss coat when it was painted, and the paint doesnt stick well to the gloss coat. If it was primered that would have solved the issue. I think I may run the green/silver this weekend.

Next time before u paint:
Either talk to me
OR
take the oven cleaner (the harsh one)
put the body in the closable container and spray the cleaner all over.
leave overnight
old toothbrush will remove all the paint easily, leaving nice white body
Oh, windows.... they'll become matt. But since u never noticed that on my enzo body, it'll be fine ;)

EMU
2005.09.29, 03:54 AM
Next time before u paint:
Either talk to me
OR
take the oven cleaner (the harsh one)
put the body in the closable container and spray the cleaner all over.
leave overnight
old toothbrush will remove all the paint easily, leaving nice white body
Oh, windows.... they'll become matt. But since u never noticed that on my enzo body, it'll be fine ;)
I know how to paint, just didnt want to take the time. :rolleyes:

Lionblade
2005.09.29, 03:34 PM

The yellow 360 GTC, right? Dunno if Kyosho released a red one.

If you use the now camo Enzo, I'll just use the bumblebee Enzo. Doesn't make a difference to me, as long as I don't have to use MY enzo.. :D

I don't have enough for a new ASC anymore, so I'm notr sure what's happening with that situation. I might not even get another Enzo...the Ford GT is looking good, especially since nobody has one around here. Christmas is too far away. :p

Maybe after this points series I can convice the old man to chalk up another $36 for a body. :rolleyes:

Ibrake Ifry
2005.09.29, 08:05 PM
the ferrari 360 gtc body is too nice...i don't want to race with it :eek: ...hehe...j/k
By the way i am getting a ml disc damper by this saturday...hopefully...if al has it?
if my car handles anything like emu's enzo did last saturday then i will try to make it to the b-main again. :D

SaiTam
2005.09.30, 05:24 PM
I was at the track yesterday and Al has got many new stocks including the GT40, 575M, etc...... The kyosho Japan website indicates that the F430 has just come out, hopefully I'll find one next week in Hong Kong since I'm going there. Don't know how long it'll take before we will have that one in the US.

Lionblade
2005.09.30, 05:30 PM
I was at the track yesterday and Al has got many new stocks including the GT40, 575M, etc...... The kyosho Japan website indicates that the F430 has just come out, hopefully I'll find one next week in Hong Kong since I'm going there. Don't know how long it'll take before we will have that one in the US.

Isn't the GT40 an Iwaver? Do you mean the Ford GT?

SaiTam
2005.09.30, 05:51 PM
Kyosho Ford GT. I never cared about Iwaver nor Xmod

Lionblade
2005.09.30, 06:10 PM
I should take a look at the Ford GT...I'm becoming bored of the Enzo's style, especially mine with the huge crack on the side. :rolleyes:

EMU
2005.09.30, 06:29 PM
Ford GT would have been my choice for Enzo replacement. I may get an Iwaver Ford GT MM body (not the small one that I already have 2 of). It should be a little more durable than the Kyosho shells.

michvin
2005.09.30, 11:44 PM
I should take a look at the Ford GT...I'm becoming bored of the Enzo's style, especially mine with the huge crack on the side. :rolleyes:
is it same offset as enzo?

Lionblade
2005.10.01, 12:04 AM
is it same offset as enzo?

I think Birankstan said they were...I'll go dig up the thread.

Edit: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18987

The offset of the wheels is the same as the enzo, I have attached pis of the Ford GT body on my Enzo chassis with enzo offset wheels front and back.

The body will accept the light kit it has the removable plugs in both the front and the back.

michvin
2005.10.01, 01:29 AM
I think Birankstan said they were...I'll go dig up the thread.

Edit: http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18987
Thanks a lot. ;)

Lionblade
2005.10.02, 12:42 AM
So much for getting the GT, Al already has one for himself. :rolleyes:

The championship ended tonight. Willie Wong came 1st with 591, Joe with 590, and Magic with 589. Good racin'.

The B main was a little rough for me tonight..I was hung up behind Joe w/ the Mclaren for over a minute, and it cost me a lap in the end...he was going on about "payback". Whatever, I never see him race anywhere near me anyway. Sorry I had to be his outlet. :rolleyes:

If I'm there next week (highly unlikely, depends if I can get a ride), I'll bring along the Enzo body you gave to me, Eugene..it's too nice to be sitting on my shelf collecting dust. Gotta scrape off the Loctite on the clips to level it again. Maybe strip it too, repaint it and throw a wing on there. Screw the Ford GT! :p

I was wondering when Magic was gonna notice that I was in the Malibu next to him..he kept pulling up to see if it was me.

Magic: "Wanna race?"
Me: "Yeah right, so we can lose?"

EMU
2005.10.03, 03:39 AM
I installed the Nelly Dlx on the Vette tonight. I also used the PN can that I got from Marcos to rebuilt the Iwaver X-Speed Pro armeture that I have. The Iwaver Pro motor does not have the holes for the motormount, which is why I used the PN can. It screams, but I may have to install some Neo mags. Ill see how it runs when I get to the track. First I am going to try the car with the Speedy BB that is attached (solder connection), then I will test with that motor. I will post pics when I get them (took a few shots, but didnt upload them, have to wait for my bro to email them to me).

Ford GT has less offset than Enzo. I think it may have .5mm front and 2mm rear. Enzo offset may work, but Im sure that you would be better off with less offset. Al complained about hitting the wall and spinning out rather than sliding on the rails (which is a typical problem if the wheel sticks out).

Lionblade
2005.10.03, 10:55 PM
So we'll see Magic is the modified class soon? Awesome, he'll give Willie a run for his money. :)

I dunno if I'll be there for the enduro next week..my parents don't wanna pick me up at 11:30...though I don't think the Enduro will run that long. Still I understand their viewpoint. Maybe my sister would pick me up...

in a few months I'll be able to spend some money and make my Z proper..it's the ghetto Z now - hardest CF t-plate and a GPM shock...total spent : $15. :D

EMU
2005.10.03, 10:59 PM
I just ordered some parts to convert my 01 into an 015. I also need to get another board to build up my 90mm 02 chassis.

You should see me in the modified class as well, depending on how I run in practice.

Lionblade
2005.10.03, 11:06 PM
The modified class looks like a ball...but I have no soldering skill, + I'd need a second car, + parts...

It'll be a while before I'm in the modified class. :rolleyes:

How long to you think the Enduro will run? Maybe I can convince the 'rents to let me go.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.03, 11:54 PM
so can you guys give me an idea what to expect if i race this saturday coming up in the enduro...since first of all i just started racing and second of all never raced or heard of an enduro...

EMU
2005.10.04, 01:53 AM
so can you guys give me an idea what to expect if i race this saturday coming up in the enduro...since first of all i just started racing and second of all never raced or heard of an enduro...
For an Enduro, you want to keep lots of batteries charged before the race so you dont have to charge during the race. When you pit in, the batteries you remove, put them straight in the charger so you get a set charging right away because we may be running 2 races.

Pit strategy comes into play. You can run fast, and hard, and pit more often... Or you can run conservative and pit less. I am going to run conservative. I not going to run the fastest motors I have, since faster motor, less runtime, more time in the pits... I am probably going to stick with a Speedy BB with either an 8t or 9t depending how much acceleration is needed. If its an oval, then I would probably run 9t. If it is the same course we have been running, I would run 8t eventhough I have been running a 9t currently. I would also not run a Neo motor, since they

Every time you crash, hard acceleration will kill battery life, only use as much acceleration is necessary to get you to the speed you go. Coast the turns with about half throttle, then increase smoothly to full as you go down the straight. Try not to crash, and use batteries that have decent runtime.

For oval, you may want to run slightly harder tires (at least in front). You dont want your steering to be very sensitive, as harder turns will scrub more speed. Set the steering rate less on the TX as well. Oval you want to get the car to run as efficiently as you can, so save on speed. Lighter bodies will be on the track a little longer. Your GTC should do well ;) Enzo should also do decently, since it is a wide stable body. Mike is going to strip my green/silver Enzo so I can prep it for paint. He should be back in 2 weeks from a trip to Europe. I may switch me MR02 MM to the McLaren to save some weight and reduce the size on the track. Smaller cars avoid more accidents.

If some parts that I have ordered come in, I may have a 90mm setup going. Which I can run either the Porsche GT3, RX7 (FC) which I may pick up from Al if I can get the chassis setup in time. I ordered an MR015 chassis set that I am going to transplant an 01 or an Overland board into.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.04, 09:06 AM
I heard al say something about having partners...how would that work...and how many sets of batteries should I charge? wow...a circle track huh...the fastest motors will definately stand out! This is going to be like nascar! yes! how many people are going to be running at the same time?

michvin
2005.10.04, 11:22 AM
Mike is going to strip my green/silver Enzo so I can prep it for paint.
The body is already in destain - should be ready tonight ;)
BTW, it was a blank or yellow plastic originally?

EMU
2005.10.04, 12:42 PM
The body is already in destain - should be ready tonight ;)
BTW, it was a blank or yellow plastic originally?
Yellow ;) thanks Mike :D

If we have partners, then faster motors will be more important... since pit strategy will almost be thrown out the window... since as soon as one teammate gets off the track, the next one gets on. So more time spent in the pits wont lose laps. I would prefer without teams... but it all depends who shows.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.04, 04:30 PM
wow this enduro sounds like a lot of fun!!! Eugene, you got me so hooked on mini-z racing :D thanks man! I figured out another reason why my car was unstable at top speed! the spot where you attach the h-plate on the chassis was really loose, in fact, the h plate could wiggle from left to right about a few millimeters...now to really shock all you guys out there...i switched from the kyosho chassis to the iwaver chassis and the h-plate fit snug enough to not let the h-plate wiggle! Isn't that shocking! :eek:

Lionblade
2005.10.04, 04:56 PM
I wonder how he'll pair us off if there's a lot...I wasn't at the last team Enduro.

Hopefully he won't make pairs like Willie with Roland...we'd all be doomed. :p

EMU
2005.10.04, 07:42 PM
Finally got around to getting the pics of the Vette :D
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album733/OutsideRearOpen.jpg

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album733/OutsideSideOpen.sized.jpg

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album733/ClosedFront.jpg

You can notice that I have installed a set of Alloy Enzo Wheels ;)

Have a few more in my gallery http://www2.mini-zracer.com/gallery/album733

Lionblade
2005.10.04, 07:48 PM
I thought he was running the silver Vette for modified?

And I looked at the other parts of your gallery...you've got pictures of that Enzo body I had a part in...ahem..."destroying" before the paint was allegedly destroyed. :p

Some of the paint lost on the top of the body was from Marcos's roll over the Enzo last week...I think I was using that Enzo at the time. I hit the wall coming around to the front section of the track and spun sideways...Marcos hit his brake and rolled over me and proceeded to continue to do so...off the track. XD

michvin
2005.10.05, 12:48 AM
Enzo is stripped!
Couple of pictures of "work" during process.
BTW, i never saw anything as good as kyosho's paint...
Why you'd like to repaint this body? it even still has horses!

michvin
2005.10.05, 12:49 AM
2 pictures more - 5 attachements maximum:
So, EMU, you can call me any time to pick up the body...
Another thing - i'll forget later - the wing.
It's absolutely parallel to the ground, meaning it does nothing handlingwise, unless the desired effect is just to add weight. ;)

EMU
2005.10.05, 01:47 AM
Thank you so much :eek: looks great. I should be able to swing by tomorrow, ill call you.
Why you'd like to repaint this body? it even still has horses!
I already have a yellow... Might as well change it up a little. I think I may get a different color for the next point series... And besides, the paint
Another thing - i'll forget later - the wing.
It's absolutely parallel to the ground, meaning it does nothing handlingwise, unless the desired effect is just to add weight.
That is basically all that it would do at this scale anyway. Maybe if it was modified it would need to be repositioned a little to actually give some downforce. But for now its just weight and drag.

SaiTam
2005.10.05, 01:58 AM
Hey guys I am in Hong KOng right now and they have the AD KO module and AD board here for MiniZ, do you think I should get them? HOw much is a fair price? I couldn't find any info about it. There will be a club race here on Oct 8 and I wish I have my car and tools here. THere are plenty of stuffs here for MiniZ

EMU
2005.10.05, 02:09 AM
Hey guys I am in Hong KOng right now and they have the AD KO module and AD board here for MiniZ, do you think I should get them? HOw much is a fair price? I couldn't find any info about it. There will be a club race here on Oct 8 and I wish I have my car and tools here. THere are plenty of stuffs here for MiniZ
RC Mart has the ADband boards with module for either the Helios or Mars going for $110 before shipping.
Helios: http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_150&products_id=12700
Mars: http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_150&products_id=12699
(put RC MART without spaces where the ****** is in the URL)

It is a much better ESC, but... the KO Propo timing system used at Action RC is AM 27mhz based. So it will not detect the laps.

It has much faster response than the 27mhz AM system currently used is.

pchan0
2005.10.05, 11:55 AM
Thank you so much :eek: looks great. I should be able to swing by tomorrow, ill call you.

I already have a yellow... Might as well change it up a little. I think I may get a different color for the next point series... And besides, the paint

That is basically all that it would do at this scale anyway. Maybe if it was modified it would need to be repositioned a little to actually give some downforce. But for now its just weight and drag.

How about a flame scheme? :)

michvin
2005.10.05, 12:25 PM
ANOTHER flames? :eek:

:D :D :D :D

EMU
2005.10.05, 12:53 PM
Nice paint pchano ;)
I dont know exactly what I will do yet...

Lionblade
2005.10.05, 08:55 PM
Who cares how it looks as long as it drives how you want, right? ;)

Good news from here: it looksl ike I'll be able to race Saturday...I'll make sure to bring the red & white Enzo.It's collecting dust and I don't even have a dummy chassis for it...it must be bashed!...er, raced, I mean. :D

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.05, 09:51 PM
ok i just talked to Al and he said that there is no enduro race, but he is still setting up a circle track and the heats are going to be 10 minutes long instead of 7 minutes long. He also says my damper will arrive by friday which is good since the tail end of my car was bouncing around like crazy last weekend.
Eugene nice vette! I can't wait to see how that car runs with the nelly.

EMU
2005.10.05, 10:06 PM
With the Iwaver Pro Arm in the Vette, the rear tires come loose with a 7t pinion (and 43t spur gear). I dont have alot of low end torque (ferrite mags), but it should be quite fast highend. I may rebuild the motor with Neo's if the acceleration is too low...

Did Al say whether there will be a modified class for the oval?

Lionblade
2005.10.05, 11:05 PM
Damn, this means we'll run even later?! You know, if the times were strict, we'd get out of there by 11...

If we're gonna run 10 minute oval heats + F1 + modified, I don't think I can go...we'll be there 'till midnight.

EMU
2005.10.06, 10:01 AM
I dont know if were going to run F1 or modified :confused:

Lionblade
2005.10.06, 10:48 PM
I just got an email from Al...

Racers,

Don't miss this weekend at Action RC Mini Speedway! This weekend only, we'll be running OVAL RACING! The track is already down, and people have already been practicing. (4-5 second laps!) Tonight (Thursday) is CASH RACING, so come on down, get some practice, and take home a few bucks.

Last Saturday, I announced that we would be running an enduro this Saturday. Well, there's a slight change of plans. Running an enduro on an oval would probably lead to many of us passing out and collapsing on the floor. Instead, we're going to run extended heats and mains. I think this will create more exciting racing, as well as allow everyone to still be able to walk at the end of the night!

We will be running F1, Stock, and Modified classes, so get those right-front tires ready! We're going to have a lot of fun! This is a non-points race, but next Saturday the 15th will be Week # 1 of the next Championship Point Series! We're going to shake things up with the points system, allowing for a much wider range of trophey winners of all different ability levels. If you have ever felt like you never had a chance at winning a trophey, things are about to change! I'll announce details Saturday night!

I'm going to mail him back about when he thinks we'll finish...my attendance is a bit on the ropes.

And a job update: Seems like my job at the deli is definite. Looks like I'll be able to finally upgrade my Z. :D

SaiTam
2005.10.06, 11:10 PM
I went to the local track in HK last night, a lot of people could practice together and everyone almost ran AD band, everybody drove good too. Track was tight though.

The F1 is unpopular here. No locals want any GPM stuffs. Atomic is the most popular and well made.

I drove the AD based car and don't think it's worth it. Looks like I'll bring back a MR015 minivan instead since it is interesting.

RC Mart has the ADband boards with module for either the Helios or Mars going for $110 before shipping.
Helios: http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_150&products_id=12700
Mars: http://www.******.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_150&products_id=12699
(put RC MART without spaces where the ****** is in the URL)

It is a much better ESC, but... the KO Propo timing system used at Action RC is AM 27mhz based. So it will not detect the laps.

It has much faster response than the 27mhz AM system currently used is.

Lionblade
2005.10.06, 11:12 PM
I went to the local track in HK last night, a lot of people could practice together and everyone almost ran AD band, everybody drove good too. Track was tight though.

The F1 is unpopular here. No locals want any GPM stuffs. Atomic is the most popular and well made.

I drove the AD based car and don't think it's worth it. Looks like I'll bring back a MR015 minivan instead since it is interesting.

You should make a "Soccer Dad" sticker for the van...just to rub it in the faces of who you beat.

"I got passed by a f$!@(&)% minivan?!" :D

EMU
2005.10.07, 12:05 AM
I just got an email from Al...

I'm going to mail him back about when he thinks we'll finish...my attendance is a bit on the ropes.

And a job update: Seems like my job at the deli is definite. Looks like I'll be able to finally upgrade my Z. :D
I got the email as well ;) Hope to see you Saturday for some bumping and grinding.

Glad to hear about your job :D

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.07, 05:59 PM
An oval track sounds like fun but what strategy would be involved in racing besides as much top speed as possible? I guess the lines you would take would be important but that is only if the motors are evenly matched and I don't see that happening...hehe...some cars last week looked pretty fast on the straights.
-Modifieds on an oval has to be sick! I can't wait to see that!

EMU
2005.10.07, 06:10 PM
Update:
Well, we ran the oval last night for cash racing. It was a lot of fun, but maybe a bit too difficult for the average racer to handle. It's very challenging, which is not a bad thing, but the crashes are a little too hard, which is not fair to you guys. (We were watching highlights from the Talledega race last Sunday, and it was funny how everytime they showed "The Big One" on TV, we had our own version of it.) I think we'll break too many bodies and wheels if we run oval, so we're going to run the NEW roadcoarse.

I stayed very late last night building the new track, and I have to admit it's a good one. It is the biggest one I've ever made. It's fast, but has some nice tight and wide open sections. I even put another straightaway in it! (Not as big as the back straight, obviously, but fast.) We'll run the Enduro this Saturday, and then we'll begin the next point series the following week. We will run an individual enduro (no teams), and we will split drivers into 2 or 3 divisions based on your previous race results and finishes, as well as turnout. (We'll have an A, B, and possibly a C group.)

WINNERS OF EACH DIVISION WILL RECEIVE ACTION RC PRIZES, SO COME ON DOWN! WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT TIME! (This will be a 2˝ hour race, starting at 7:00. Be there early!!! We open at 3:00 for practice.)

So, guess theres no oval. Back to Enduro racing :D

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.09, 01:49 PM
well...racing last night was fun! too bad my batteries dumped everytime at around the 17-18 minute mark...except when i used magic's panasonic's which by the way are awesome!! :D
I like 20 minute heats but with 7 minutes heats i have more of a chance to compete against johnathan...we were beating each other up on the track!

Lionblade
2005.10.09, 11:15 PM
Truth be told, I would've been able to compete a lot better in your heat, Marcos, what with my rear wheels breaking, having to use a different setup, and my dampner breaking, my best run was only 111 laps. :o

I tried to fix my dampner today, but it broke off again. Looks like I should get a disk dampner. ;) I need a new motor pod, too. And an alloy toebar. and I need to install those new kingpins & knuckles. A new body's in order too. :rolleyes:

The Altezza wheels I used are the same as the Mclaren wheels, except that they're light. I put the SLR body today, and it looked really good. Dunno if that body will see the track again, it's black. :o

I'm not going to be there next week, but I'll show up again when I get new parts...which is after I get paid a few times. :p

I want to use the R34 that Al has for sale, but it's RM..I think it could work with MM with the same mount you have, Marcos. Not sure which one it is, though. I've always wanted a Skyline, but I've always run MM..

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.10, 10:47 PM
the ml conversion is supposed to handle a little bit better than the mm due to a little bit more traction. Although i still don't have mine tuned,it spins out either to the left or to the right, which is really annoying in a high speed track! my driving skills probably needs some work too! :D I can't wait till next week.

Lionblade
2005.10.10, 10:51 PM
I wonder how my SLR would handle without the shock...it makes the rear wheels look slammed. I could always toss the friction shock back on...but I wouldn't be able to compete.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.11, 09:55 AM
well i know that my 360 with a hard h-plate and a stock spring made the rear end bounce around a lot. It kind of made my car unpredictable on the tight corners. With the damper plate i have now, even though I have to tune it so it doesn't spin out, it does plant the rear end a lot better than the stock spring setup!

Lionblade
2005.10.11, 03:12 PM
Yeah, but your main need is experience. Hop-ups are not a replacement for track time. :)

As for myself...well, you tend to go easy on the car after you drive something that's all over the place for a year. :p That's why I was able to control your car the other week within 3 laps or so.

But I will return with the 3rd incarnation of my Z, someday. ;)

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.12, 12:42 PM
I agree i do need some track time! :D My hand still gets stiff when racing for a few minutes! :D
Well, i am trying to scrounge together a modified car but of course i don't have a kyosho board. will an mr-01 board do? My iwaver board with 5x2 fets will do good in practice but i won't race it...correction...probably can't race it! :mad:

Lionblade
2005.10.13, 10:49 PM
An update:

I took apart my Z tonight, found some broken/bent stuff: Knuckles were broken, rear dampner was broken, Chassis itself is a little roughed up...I've got a spare chassis, but I don't know how to transplant the board, positive wire to the motor is severed.

I might go with a new RTR instesd of just a body..take out stock stuff & replace with parts.

I installed the Atomic knuckles and 3Racing kingpins...They'd work well if I could run the car. :( Even the cover for the servo & FETs snapped...had to break out the Loctite. :rolleyes:

I really need to get paid. :o

SaiTam
2005.10.15, 12:38 AM
I'm back and can't wait to test my Fet car and MR-02 MiniVan tomorrow.

Lionblade
2005.10.15, 02:30 PM
Too bad I won't be there to see it. I'm getting paid tomorrow, though.

Should be back in a month or so.

Lionblade
2005.10.16, 04:42 PM
Shaba(my boss) gave me $40 today...not bad for training. ;)

I'll be working at the deli across the street from the Annadale train station tomorrow for 4PM on...feel free to stop buy, if anyone's in the area. Put in a good word for me to the boss. :D

EMU
2005.11.04, 02:08 AM
dude i get so much more from my boss for practice than 40. but i alwayz race my phat z sho jimmy x mod 40 and the track is off da hook!
Dude, change your avatar... What are you saying??? :rolleyes: You obviously must be a child (whether or not your age shows it).

Lionblade
2005.11.04, 06:26 PM
Dude, change your avatar... What are you saying??? :rolleyes: You obviously must be a child (whether or not your age shows it).

Whee did that post go? He deleted it I guess. Sounds like a loser anyway. Then again, anyone who "races" a gen 1 Xmod on a course like ours...well, we all know where their heads are. ;)

Lionblade
2005.11.24, 03:46 PM
I got paid again today...I think I might just make an appearance Saturday. ;)

EMU
2005.11.25, 01:58 AM
I got paid again today...I think I might just make an appearance Saturday. ;)
Would be nice to race with you again ;) Let me know if you want me to bring an extra body, I am no longer running an Enzo, but Ill bring a body if you need/want to use it.

Right now my SLR is my primary racer, and most of my current lineup consists of F40, Iwaver Ford GT body on MR015, although... I have some tricks up my sleeve... (once I get the pics uploaded, Ill link them)

EMU
2005.11.25, 02:33 AM
Heres some pics of the latest project...
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album726/EMU_005.sized.jpg
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album726/EMU_003.sized.jpg
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album726/EMU_002.sized.jpg
I have a little video of it in action... waiting for it to upload........
The chassis is relatively stock. Only bearings tires motor and rear damper are upgraded, everything else is stock.
Heres the Vid: http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_rcp.avi

michvin
2005.11.25, 10:32 AM
Heres some pics of the latest project...
I have a little video of it in action... waiting for it to upload........
The chassis is relatively stock. Only bearings tires motor and rear damper are upgraded, everything else is stock.
Nice ride...
looks like J is becoming a tough racer...

SaiTam
2005.11.25, 12:22 PM
Where was the photo taken? Looks like you have a track in your house.

Lionblade
2005.11.25, 02:47 PM
Would be nice to race with you again ;) Let me know if you want me to bring an extra body, I am no longer running an Enzo, but Ill bring a body if you need/want to use it.

I'm not too sure, after I got a reply to my e-mail to him...Readysets are $150, I could've sworn they were cheaper. Perhaps 02 RTR's will be cheaper when he gets the AWD Z in? I'm not too keen on spending more money than needed.

Though, that said, buying a RTR wouldn't be needed at all if my servo + FETs were consistent...or most of the chassis's screwholes weren't stripped inside, or the chassis wasn't majorly tweaked. :rolleyes:

Vin,

Readyset: $149
Damper: $24.99?
ML Rear: $24.99?

Can't remember exact price, but I believe those are correct. See you Saturday, hopefully.

Al

So that would be about $215 altogether, including tax. :eek:
It might just be more affordable to buy online, even w/ shipping...

Lionblade
2005.11.25, 04:32 PM
R.C.M.A.R.T. lists RTR's at $120, and the dampner I think I'd need at $23...$143 before shipping, though I'd still need to get the ML kit from ARCMS. The shop has RTR's for $140 and the dampner I think I'd need for $32...and I think all shipping from the shop is free when the order is over $100?

Frustrating. $215 from the LHS, about $168+ from the Mart, about $198 from the shop, if my calculations are correct. Hmm. :confused: Note that all 3 prices include the $25 for the ML conversion kit that I'd have to get from ARCMS.

Though, I don't have Paypal, and I don't fancy sending a MO overseas to Hong Kong, where I think the Mart ships from. :(

EMU
2005.11.25, 04:59 PM
You can use Credit Card payment to RC Mart. Make sure to factor in the shipping price at RC Mart, it tends to be pretty expensive for RTR's.

Sai, yes that is a track in my brothers house. I just got it a few days ago. Magic, James and I have been having a blast. I just got some of the Expansion tiles in today, just have to wait till James comes home from work to go over and try a new layout. I want to try and have a few high speed turns so I can tweak the cars setup for racing at ARCMS. The track that I have uses 30cm tiles (2 wide currently = 60cm width) where the one at ARCMS is 50cm tiles (3 wide throughout = 150cm width). Needless to say, the tightest track that can be made at ARCMS will not nearly be as tight as mine. With the Lane expansion, I can go 90mm wide at a few sections, still less than what the 50cm tile would be without the lane expansion.

The track gets a little hectic with more than 4 cars on it... but with good drivers, passing is difficult and quite a thrill.

Sai, did you check out the video I posted at the bottom of the post with the pictures?
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_rcp.avi

SaiTam
2005.11.26, 09:09 AM
Eugene,

My media player wouldn't play your video for some reason. Where is the track located? I'd prefer a tight layout than the meaningless drag racing layout.

Vin,

I believe RC Mart has a few MR02 RTR for $99 under the sale section. I also think the money order is sent to a US address rather than a Hong Kong's address, although I haven't done it. You can always use somebody else's Paypal acct. I also think Al has a couple of MR02 for $129

You can use Credit Card payment to RC Mart. Make sure to factor in the shipping price at RC Mart, it tends to be pretty expensive for RTR's.

Sai, yes that is a track in my brothers house. I just got it a few days ago. Magic, James and I have been having a blast. I just got some of the Expansion tiles in today, just have to wait till James comes home from work to go over and try a new layout. I want to try and have a few high speed turns so I can tweak the cars setup for racing at ARCMS. The track that I have uses 30cm tiles (2 wide currently = 60cm width) where the one at ARCMS is 50cm tiles (3 wide throughout = 150cm width). Needless to say, the tightest track that can be made at ARCMS will not nearly be as tight as mine. With the Lane expansion, I can go 90mm wide at a few sections, still less than what the 50cm tile would be without the lane expansion.

The track gets a little hectic with more than 4 cars on it... but with good drivers, passing is difficult and quite a thrill.

Sai, did you check out the video I posted at the bottom of the post with the pictures?
http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album429/mini_rcp.avi

EMU
2005.11.26, 01:59 PM
Eugene,
My media player wouldn't play your video for some reason. Where is the track located? I'd prefer a tight layout than the meaningless drag racing layout.

Track is in my brothers apartment. "Mini-Tile-96". To watch the video you have to download it and save it to your computer, then play it.

arch2b
2005.11.26, 02:16 PM
the link works just fine for me

Lionblade
2005.12.04, 01:08 AM
Tonight was great! It was nice to finally be back.

Wound up going with the 575GTC. Good looking body, I must say. Especially rockin' the purple antenna. :D

With the ML conversion and disk dampner, it's on rails. Props to Magic for setting everything up.

I even made the A main! Al was pleasantly surprised...shows what I can do, given the right equipment.

All I need now is a new motor. I got out-accelerated and out-muscled by everyone except the kid using alkalines. :rolleyes:

EMU
2005.12.04, 01:44 AM
I had a crap night, but still took home the trophy for the division 2 championship (Group B). I had a good debut in the modified class.

The Mod car handles completely different to the stock car that I was racing. This week I am going to focus on getting my stock class car running right (the F40 is too short wheelbase for that track, and the car in the main was stock besides disc damper, bearings, motor and tires).

The SLR ran decently, but needs some suspension adjustments in the front as well as different front tires (flipping issues). I am going to try to stay with using the SLR body, I really like it for stock class. Enzo is great for mod...

Vin, do you have an X-Speed motor around? X-Speed armature in a BB can with neo's is pretty nice. That is the motor that I am running the mod class with. The F40 motor was an X-Speed in a PN can with PN Ferrite magnets. It has good speed, but not as nice torque/accel.

I attached some pics of the damage that I did to my bro's car when I rear ended him with the AWD :D

Lionblade
2005.12.04, 01:59 AM
I've never had an X-speed, so I've got none around. :rolleyes: Just 3 useless stock motors. Looks like I should've held onto that BB. :p

SaiTam
2005.12.04, 02:08 AM
Can stock board handle Neo-magnet with X-speed armature?

EMU
2005.12.04, 02:35 AM
Can stock board handle Neo-magnet with X-speed armature?
Thats the motor that I was running for the last 4 weeks in the SLR ;) I just had the fets done and threw an Enzo body on it for modified class. No other adjustments were made for the mod car. I was even running on 3 week old tires. :rolleyes:

Lionblade
2005.12.04, 11:21 PM
@EMU: Had an urge to do something to the new car, so I wound up installing those Atmoic knuckles and 3Racing kingpins you gave me. Wonder how well they'll work.

Oh, and ifMagic has an extra Speedy NM/BB/05BB lying around, I'll be happy to take it off his hands. My current motor's a dog..couldn't out-accelerate anyone in the main. :o

SaiTam
2005.12.04, 11:29 PM
Hey Eugene can you send me an email again? I probably deleted the last one by accident.

EMU
2005.12.05, 02:18 AM
@EMU: Had an urge to do something to the new car, so I wound up installing those Atmoic knuckles and 3Racing kingpins you gave me. Wonder how well they'll work.

Oh, and ifMagic has an extra Speedy NM/BB/05BB lying around, I'll be happy to take it off his hands. My current motor's a dog..couldn't out-accelerate anyone in the main. :o
As far as I know, Magic doesnt have any extra motors at the moment. All that I have is a hurt NM that my AWD gobbled up :D It didnt run too well a while ago, then marcos cleaned it and fixed it up. Ran pretty hard for a little while, then just dropped off and doesnt run well again.

Sai, email resent.

SaiTam
2005.12.05, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know who "KC Wong" is? He used to race at Action and I need his contact info.

Here is the story:

He left me with his F1 about 3 wks ago on a Sat race night and never heard back from him. Anyways, his car is fixed and is fast. Unfortunately it doesn't get picked up by Al's lap counter for some reason. I want to give him back the car.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.12.07, 12:26 AM
hey guys I missed out this weekend! Oh well i think i did allright for my first point series! i learned some interesting things..especially...don't wait till your front tires are so thin that when they heat up they fly off! I can't wait to get back...i'm considering whether to make my currently tuned enzo into a fet car or wait till i get my diablo vt for christmas and turn that thing into a beast?!

vin-haven't seen you in awhile I can't wait to race against you again ;)

emu-so the fet car is running good ehhhh...nice shot to your brothers nsx! looks like a serious smash! if you want me to look at that speedy nm bring it on in...it probably needs some serious cleaning...i heard those awd really heat up those motors and when they get really hot the comm gets really black and unconductive...hmmmm....maybe i should start a motor rebuilding service!

Lionblade
2005.12.07, 05:48 PM
@Marcos: Better watch out if we're in the same heats. :p I'm actually doing well now.

@EMU: Do you know if Magic tested that board? Hope it works for him.

EMU
2005.12.07, 11:21 PM
@Marcos: Better watch out if we're in the same heats. :p I'm actually doing well now.

@EMU: Do you know if Magic tested that board? Hope it works for him.
Dont know...

Lionblade
2005.12.11, 01:12 AM
Tonight was a good night for most of us, save Magic. He was pissed. :confused:

Darrell took the C main very nicely, Eric just flew past people in the B, and Roland beat us all again...as usual. :rolleyes:

The A main was nuts! 9 people, geez. I know it'd be an ugly C main if there were 9 cars. I got abused in all the straights..just wasn't fast. Maybe I should go to a 9t? I'm picking up an 05BB next week anyway, since my 05 is a dog. Pretty much always was. Damn. I finished .4 of a second behind Magic though. :eek: He must've had an off race. 5th of 9 ain't bad...but I need more speed, definitely. a few people were tailing me in the straights in the qualifiers...embarassing. :p

A main results: 1-Roland 2-Willie 3-Sai 4-Magic 5-Vin 6-Bennet 7-Al 8-Joe(Infinity) 9-Marcos

SaiTam
2005.12.11, 01:58 AM
A tighter, more technical layout would solve the unfair speed advantage easily. The current layout only promotes cheating; FET frying; accelearted tire wear and destructve crashes. Your driving will not get better with a fast motor.

It was good racing with you, the 3-6 position fighting was intense.

This is what a track layout should look like:

http://www.miniz.hk.st/misc/photos/new_club_track/new_club_track_04.jpg
Tonight was a good night for most of us, save Magic. He was pissed. :confused:

Darrell took the C main very nicely, Eric just flew past people in the B, and Roland beat us all again...as usual. :rolleyes:

The A main was nuts! 9 people, geez. I know it'd be an ugly C main if there were 9 cars. I got abused in all the straights..just wasn't fast. Maybe I should go to a 9t? I'm picking up an 05BB next week anyway, since my 05 is a dog. Pretty much always was. Damn. I finished .4 of a second behind Magic though. :eek: He must've had an off race. 5th of 9 ain't bad...but I need more speed, definitely. a few people were tailing me in the straights in the qualifiers...embarassing. :p

A main results: 1-Roland 2-Willie 3-Sai 4-Magic 5-Vin 6-Bennet 7-Al 8-Joe(Infinity) 9-Marcos

Lionblade
2005.12.11, 02:18 AM
Yeah, frankly I don't think it takes much skill to fly down the 2 and a half straights we have now. But then again, he wants to run Micro. People probably want an open layout for that, though I can't say I know anyone of us who's got one.

I'd prefer something with no straight or 1 straight maximum. The layout now is nuts, I like the one we had a while back...

SaiTam
2005.12.11, 08:04 AM
With the current layout people are only focusing on getting the fastest motor and highest gearing possible, rather than improving car control skills. While you think having 2+ full length straitaway is crazy, we actually had a layout with almost 4 full length straigthaway a few weeks before.

Lionblade
2005.12.11, 12:31 PM
4 straights?! That's just insane. At that point, I'm not sure I would've satyed...a track like this just begs for broken parts and bodies. That's why I don't like oval either.

Hopefully the 1/18 class dies and we can go back to a real Mini Z track.

EMU
2005.12.11, 02:13 PM
Hopefully he takes out the expansion tiles around some sections on the track... Or better yet, gets a mini-tile track with an adaptor to go from 50-30cm tiles and does the infield with the mini-tile. The wide long straight in the back is fine, but I would love to have a track like mine as the infield. My track is 8x15 feet, and is about a 7-8 second lap. AWD, F1, MR02, Modified cars all get about the same lap numbers in 7 minutes (with Magic driving). He did 70 with the MR02, 70 with the F1, and 71 with the AWD.

Speed should be limited by the track layout, not by the motor that you have. A stock motor in my AWD was at the same lap # as the PN 05BB in .

While I do like going fast, it is a different racing mentallity when racing on a wide open track with long straights compared to a tight technical track. The longest straight at my home track is as long as 7 of the tiles that AL runs. Just enough speed that with a 6t you will top out at the end of the straight. I run the same setup as at ARCMS. Acceleration is more than adequate for the track. Throttle control is key, never wide open throttle besides the main straight. Tire wear is much less, I can run on a set all week and dont see as much wear as a day at ARCMS.

SaiTam
2005.12.11, 09:45 PM
Eugene you have a timing device at your home track?

SaiTam
2005.12.11, 11:03 PM
This looks like a good layout we can use at Action RC

http://www.minizhobbyshop.com/images/Events/PN2005/DSC01319.JPG

michvin
2005.12.11, 11:05 PM
elevated podium!!!
that's what defenitely needed at Al's

EMU
2005.12.12, 12:33 AM
I dont have a timing system... yet. For the most part right now we run individual time trials. One person drives, other counts laps and times. If there are 4 people or more, after everyone sets a time we group into pairs and run duals with the other 2 people counting laps (one person counts a specific driver). I am planning on making a timer to count an individual car using the microsizer timer http://www2.************.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDRE1&P=7 (tower hobbies). I will have to modify the laser to a stronger one for the width of the track. This one will only be good for about 10" or so from what I have read.

That layout looks very nice. Especially the driver stand :D

Lionblade
2005.12.12, 12:50 AM
I doubt we've got the headroom or floorspave for that, though...maybe if he made the track smaller. We gotta fit the tables, too.

Lionblade
2005.12.17, 03:59 PM
Since I've still got to buy an X-mas present for my mother, that new BB is out of the question. Might as well take the old one up to a 9t and see what happens.

Lionblade
2005.12.18, 01:26 AM
Tonight's results:

C main winner: James. Very nicely done.
B main winner: Eric. Did well with the McLaren...should stick with it.

A main results: 1-Big Vin; 2-Magic; 3-Willie; 4-Sai; 5-Al. (Don't quote me on 3-5, I'm not completely sure.)

And nope, that's not a typo. I won by leading the last 40 seconds or so. Mostly because Magic & Willie were bashing back and forth, and Roland wasn't there.

@Marcos: That motor absolutely rocked, too. Thanks a million. :)

SaiTam
2005.12.18, 09:14 AM
Once the track gets tighter, I can only imagine you making and winning the A-main more often.

What did Marcos do to your motor?

EMU
2005.12.18, 12:48 PM
Marcos let him use his tweaked Speedy 05. All parts on the motor are the same as when it came out of the packaging. It is broken in well and maintained. He is a motor wizard, he has rebuilt one of my motors that I was about to throw out and made it run good.

I traded a few parts for a custom wound armature that I need to put in a BB can with Neo's for my mod car. I hope it runs well :D Now I just need to get some brushes for the BB can ;)

Lionblade
2005.12.18, 02:32 PM
If I can make it on Friday, I'll pick up a new 05BB and break it in using ByeBye's method. Can't hurt.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.12.19, 05:14 PM
yeah i think the only other people running as fast on the straights is tom sr., magic, and possibly willy. All i do is just make sure the motor is clean and the insides are all in good condition. the condition of bearings and brushes on your motor quite often decide how motors perform. One of the biggest factors in motor performance is actually how good the motor is when you get it. some motors are just better than others and the same with fets. some stock fets pack more punch than others! Everything in the manufacturng world has error tolerances,in fact, things such as resistors have 5,10, and 20% differences in values depending on the quality. anywayz i can go on about the various things i do to maintanance the motors but than again i don't want to give up all my secrets ;)

michvin
2005.12.19, 05:17 PM
yeah i think the only other people running as fast on the straights is tom sr., magic, and possibly willy. All i do is just make sure the motor is clean and the insides are all in good condition. the condition of bearings and brushes on your motor quite often decide how motors perform. One of the biggest factors in motor performance is actually how good the motor is when you get it. some motors are just better than others and the same with fets. some stock fets pack more punch than others! Everything in the manufacturng world has error tolerances,in fact, things such as resistors have 5,10, and 20% differences in values depending on the quality. anywayz i can go on about the various things i do to maintanance the motors but than again i don't want to give up all my secrets ;)
We'll catch you in the dark corner and we'll squeeze all the secrets out of you!
:D :D :D

Lionblade
2005.12.19, 05:17 PM
I hooked in my 05 tonight...Houston, we have a problem. :confused:

No forward, no reverse...motor won't even turn. Weird.

SaiTam
2005.12.20, 01:23 PM
I could only find one fast 05 out of almost a dozen I bought. I want PN to refund my money.

All of my X-speeds, on the other hand, are fast but power fades out after 5 minutes.

I hate stock racing!! Go modified.

My last modified motor lasted 10 weeks of racing and is still strong. I have to throw away a stock motor almost every week.

EMU
2005.12.20, 01:46 PM
One of the best motor setups for stock class that is permittable, is the X-Speed armature in a BB can with Neo Magnets. It will get the same topend speed as the PN motors but has a little more torque. That is what I am currently running in the modified class. Has been very reliable so far. I may swap it out for an Atomic Stock motor (which is in my 1/24 lexan Mr02) and use that motor in my SLR stock class car.

The PN Speedy BB (old version) that I have in my SLR is decent. Not as good as other that I have had but still better than my 05's. Speedy 05's are hit or miss, Ive had some decent speed out of a few of them, but it didnt last too long. The main reason that my SLR is pretty fast is that it is very light. I will not paint the body because I dont want to add anymore weight. The chassis is 94g, the body is 33.8g (lighter than my McLaren F1 34.8g). Total weight with Intellect batteries is about 176g. If I didnt have the steering glitches, it would be a great car for stock class :(

Lionblade
2005.12.20, 05:01 PM
The chassis is 94g, the body is 33.8g (lighter than my McLaren F1 34.8g). Total weight with Intellect batteries is about 176g.

That's really light :eek: ...my chassis w/ batteries is 186.2g.

If I didnt have the steering glitches, it would be a great car for stock class :(

I was wondering what was happening to you the last few weeks. You were hitting the rear chicane a lot..were you glitching over there a bit?

EMU
2005.12.21, 01:30 AM
It was not radio interference. The car would randomly change direction. Last week the servo got screwed up at my brothers house. The POT was messed up (hard to turn by hand) one of the gears was chipped. I swapped out a few gears and used a new POT and it felt fine on my track. When I got to ARCMS, I swapped in some of michvin's gears, which felt smooth but the problem with the steering continued.

During the main I had to constantly adjust the steering when trying to go in a straight line. The back chicane killed me. Out of right turns, the steering will pulls hard left unless you come off the right turn softly. Car setup was good, same as the week before. I am going to try a new board, or may possibly buy a new chassis or RTR if I cant fix the problem. I turned 2 MR02's into modified cars, and one open class car that I have is setup for Jon.

Lionblade
2005.12.21, 04:02 PM
Being that we do not have racing this Saturday night, I promised you guys a special event, and I intend to deliver! This Friday night we will run a series of (non-points) heat races, all with special challenges that we do not have on Saturday nights, with the winners receiving various prizes and gift certificates. Among those races will be a special division - never run at Action RC Mini Speedway before - NIGHT RACES! Come in tonight (practice) or Thursday (cash racing) and get your light kit - if you don't have one already. I have about eight in stock, I believe.

Night race, huh? I suppose I need to buy a light kit now. :(

Lionblade
2005.12.22, 10:22 PM
Light kits will be 20 bucks, according to Al. If someone's got spares(Big "if" there), it'd be better than shelling out $20 for something I'll never use again. Though it would be cool.

Lionblade
2005.12.23, 04:47 PM
Well, my situation isn't as bad as I thought, my FETs aren't fried. :)
My motor was just crap. 2nd 05 that turned out like this.

EMU
2005.12.23, 05:19 PM
The 05's tend to be fairly unreliable from what I have seen. Some are good, most are ok, and quite a few are not good... At least it was a motor issue, and not a board issue.

Lionblade
2005.12.24, 03:57 PM
I lost to Magic again last night. :rolleyes:

And I'm not sure if my points last week should count...I was informed by Magic that the motor I was using was illegal. :o

EMU
2005.12.24, 04:18 PM
How is it illegal? It is a Speedy 05... all parts came with the motor, it was only broken in well and tweaked to perform well.

If we are not allowed to maintain, clean and tweak the 'legal' motors, we should be given handout motors.

gasman1
2005.12.24, 05:10 PM
How is it illegal? It is a Speedy 05... all parts came with the motor, it was only broken in well and tweaked to perform well.

If we are not allowed to maintain, clean and tweak the 'legal' motors, we should be given handout motors.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by tweaking a legal motor?

EMU
2005.12.24, 05:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by tweaking a legal motor?
Adjusting the timing (moving the commutator on the armature). For a PN event this would not be allowed. PN disallows the motors from being opened during the races, but supplies a motor for each racer which is supposed to be equal performance accross the board. However, like all manufacturing... it isnt. There will be faster and slower motors in the same batch.

We are restricted with the motors that we can use in stock class... Kyosho X-Speed, PN Speedy, Speedy BB, Speedy 05, Speedy 05 BB are the motors that we are allowed to use for the stock class (not sure about the Speedy NM). I used to race with the Atomic Stock BB motor.

From my viewpoint, as long as the parts of the motors are being used, you should be able to mix and match them however you like. I have a PN BB Can with an X-Speed armature. I told Al what I was using, and was not told it was illegal. Brushes should be replacable with any brush in my opinion. I will have to speak with Al about what is necessary for the motor to be legal. Racing is not only a driving comparison, but also a setup comparison as well. He has limited the motors to lower the cost of the newer racers, so they would not have to buy a new motor every time one comes out. In actuallity what makes people need the faster motors is his track layouts. They are designed for the top end speed, rather than limiting it by the speed in the turns. His shortest straightaways are the same length as my longest one at home. A mod car is equal to a stock class car at my home track as far as laptimes. The large track setup that he has only further increases people to want to cheat, break parts, and does not increase driver skill as much as a tight layout.

If he were to incorporate a mini-tile infield in his track, the motor choice would not matter as much.

gasman1
2005.12.24, 06:10 PM
Adjusting the timing (moving the commutator on the armature). For a PN event this would not be allowed. PN disallows the motors from being opened during the races, but supplies a motor for each racer which is supposed to be equal performance accross the board. However, like all manufacturing... it isnt. There will be faster and slower motors in the same batch.

We are restricted with the motors that we can use in stock class... Kyosho X-Speed, PN Speedy, Speedy BB, Speedy 05, Speedy 05 BB are the motors that we are allowed to use for the stock class (not sure about the Speedy NM). I used to race with the Atomic Stock BB motor.

From my viewpoint, as long as the parts of the motors are being used, you should be able to mix and match them however you like. I have a PN BB Can with an X-Speed armature. I told Al what I was using, and was not told it was illegal. Brushes should be replacable with any brush in my opinion. I will have to speak with Al about what is necessary for the motor to be legal. Racing is not only a driving comparison, but also a setup comparison as well. He has limited the motors to lower the cost of the newer racers, so they would not have to buy a new motor every time one comes out. In actuallity what makes people need the faster motors is his track layouts. They are designed for the top end speed, rather than limiting it by the speed in the turns. His shortest straightaways are the same length as my longest one at home. A mod car is equal to a stock class car at my home track as far as laptimes. The large track setup that he has only further increases people to want to cheat, break parts, and does not increase driver skill as much as a tight layout.

If he were to incorporate a mini-tile infield in his track, the motor choice would not matter as much.

how is that done? moving the comm on the armature? I know on 1/10 scale motors the can is rotated but how is it done on a 130 motor?

EMU
2005.12.26, 01:54 PM
The com is not 'attached' to the armature. It can rotate on the shaft a little. By moving the com, the brushes will give the current to the com at different timings. This is why some motors out of the box spin faster in reverse than forwards... Since the timing is more delayed. You would need to advance the timing to make it run correctly/better.

I am no motor expert, what I know I have learned from IbrakeIfry.

gasman1
2005.12.26, 02:07 PM
The com is not 'attached' to the armature. It can rotate on the shaft a little. By moving the com, the brushes will give the current to the com at different timings. This is why some motors out of the box spin faster in reverse than forwards... Since the timing is more delayed. You would need to advance the timing to make it run correctly/better.

I am no motor expert, what I know I have learned from IbrakeIfry.

thanks Emu, I did find othet postings about this

Ibrake Ifry
2005.12.28, 01:46 AM
-advancing the timing is good if you don't mind losing a little low end torque and general punch...i just like to set it forward a fingernail because anything more and you lose too much punch. advanced timing is ideal in a fet car since you regain that torque plus some!
-i would like to say that the motor in my car right now has no timing advance to regain the punch lost at the bottom end. you kind of need that when al makes his track tighter
-also Lionblade a timing advanced motor would be at a disadvantage to a normally timed motor in a tighter track like when i lended you my motor which is why i switched it back before i put it in my car for stock class. besides i saw that race and you won it fair and square you were going just as fast as magic was!
-on the other hand with long straights and a 9 tooth the timing advance is noticable in the way that you tend to have slightly more speed towards the end of the straight. although again on the turns it lags coming out. :eek:

Ibrake Ifry
2005.12.28, 02:24 AM
here is a good thread with pics http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11730&highlight=advance

gasman1
2005.12.28, 08:19 AM
here is a good thread with pics http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11730&highlight=advance

yeah, thanks. thats the thread I found. very interesting

Lionblade
2006.01.02, 08:24 PM
I was taking a look at my 02 today while it was on a ASC display...the front end looked like it sat way higher than the rear, but I noticed my fronts are down to the last bit of rubber, while my rears are holding well. Might explain why I was understeering a little. Anyone have decent 10 or 15 fronts? I've got 20's, but they need my semi-wide flat wheels, and I don't want to spend $8 for 2 tires at Al's.

herman
2006.01.02, 10:15 PM
I'd prefer something with no straight or 1 straight maximum. The layout now is nuts, I like the one we had a while back...
how many rcp wide l's were used for that set up? (post #128)
thanks for any replies...

EMU
2006.01.03, 12:29 AM
how many rcp wide l's were used for that set up? (post #128)
thanks for any replies...
The track was ordered direct from RCP for the quantity of tiles that they wanted of each kind. I guess you could count the corners and straights to figure out how many wide Ls and expansion packs it would consist of... (I may do it someday while marshalling :p).

Vin, I have some partially used tires you could have. Just running with them at the home track which causes less wear than at ARCMS.

Lionblade
2006.01.03, 03:43 PM
Vin, I have some partially used tires you could have. Just running with them at the home track which causes less wear than at ARCMS.

Awesome, the flat style ones I have would look way too weird on the 575GTC...plus you know I'm OCD and all my wheels NEED to match. :p

herman
2006.01.03, 11:51 PM
The track was ordered direct from RCP for the quantity of tiles that they wanted of each kind. I guess you could count the corners and straights to figure out how many wide Ls and expansion packs it would consist of...

don't really know how many corners and straights a basic wide l rcp track has... haven't actually seen one in person... anyway thanks for your reply... er i might have missed it but how big is it? in terms of dimensions? __ ft. X __ft. thanks again... :D

EMU
2006.01.04, 12:22 AM
WIDE “L”
Side Straight Rail 24
Outside Corner Rail 6
Inside Corner Rail 6
Side Straight Bump 2
Finish Line Straight 2
28 straight tiles, 6 outside and inside corners. The Wide L uses 50cm tiles. Mini-96 uses 30cm tiles.

The back stretch is around 25 tiles(12.5m), from the wall to the driver area is around 14 tiles(7m). Closer to the driver area you have less width that can be used due to the counter area.

There are 22 corners, so that would need 4 wide L's just for the corners. I dont know if the straights are in proportion to how they would be in a wide L. We do run the wide expansion kit throughout the entire track (I would rather have 2 wide through most of the track with the main straight 3 wide). So everywhere is 3 tiles wide.

Lionblade
2006.01.04, 03:29 PM
28 straight tiles, 6 outside and inside corners. The Wide L uses 50cm tiles. Mini-96 uses 30cm tiles.

The back stretch is around 25 tiles(12.5m), from the wall to the driver area is around 14 tiles(7m). Closer to the driver area you have less width that can be used due to the counter area.

There are 22 corners, so that would need 4 wide L's just for the corners. I dont know if the straights are in proportion to how they would be in a wide L. We do run the wide expansion kit throughout the entire track (I would rather have 2 wide through most of the track with the main straight 3 wide). So everywhere is 3 tiles wide.

I agree...give them too much room, and they just got for speed. 3 tiles everywhere, and some people still can't keep off each other. :rolleyes:

SaiTam
2006.01.04, 03:34 PM
It's not a mistake, People just purposely block you.

On all the tracks I used to race, when we noticed a faster car behind, we'd just let the faster car go and follow the lines. Blocking only makes both go slower.

I agree...give them too much room, and they just got for speed. 3 tiles everywhere, and some people still can't keep off each other. :rolleyes:

Lionblade
2006.01.04, 03:42 PM
It's not a mistake, People just purposely block you.

On all the tracks I used to race, when we noticed a faster car behind, we'd just let the faster car go and follow the lines. Blocking only makes both go slower.

I very rarely block...maybe only if there's a minute or so left, and only in a main...that is, if the person is passing me for 3rd or 2nd or so.

But never in qualifiers, and never in the mains if I'm behind in position.

Then again, I got used to doing that so much at the old track...became a good habit.

EMU
2006.01.04, 03:53 PM
Basically, anyone up on position I will let through, lower in position I wont let by as easily. I dont fight anyone lapping me.

Lionblade
2006.01.04, 04:43 PM
Having such wide lanes really does encourage such courtesy, but I find it very rare outside the A main. The B isn't too bad, depending on the range of experience. The C is an obstacle course, trust me. I know from experience.

I don't place fault on new guys...but I am disappointed when veterans are too stubborn to let someone else pass cleanly.

builthatch
2006.01.06, 01:25 AM
anyone going to Al's tonight? i am thinking about making an appearance...gotta convince my company to come with me...

i think i've sorted out the billion issues i have with my car ; )

i can't wait to see how it is to run on RCP; last time i was on a track was ozite in most likely '91 or '92

yikes.

EMU
2006.01.06, 05:05 PM
I can only make the trip on Saturdays... So I wont be there tonight. There should be a bunch of people there to give you a feel of what the competition is like. A fairly empty track would also be good to give you a chance to get alot of clean practice laps in without much traffic.

michvin
2006.01.06, 05:07 PM
I can only make the trip on Saturdays... So I wont be there tonight. There should be a bunch of people there to give you a feel of what the competition is like. A fairly empty track would also be good to give you a chance to get alot of clean practice laps in without much traffic.
Hey, Happy New Year, Pal!
Are u going with Sai or by yourself?

EMU
2006.01.06, 05:24 PM
Hey, Happy New Year, Pal!
Are u going with Sai or by yourself?
That is a good question :) I havent spoken with Sai, Ill try calling him in the early afternoon tomorrow and see when he is going... They got the Core setup, so we will have to buy transponders ($10 each). Hopefully he has a bunch of the F1 style... I only plan on running 1 transponder... will have to figure out a mounting setup for it.

Lionblade
2006.01.06, 05:25 PM
@BH: You should try to make it Saturdays if you can...all of us on the boards go there that day.

michvin
2006.01.06, 05:30 PM
That is a good question :) I havent spoken with Sai, Ill try calling him in the early afternoon tomorrow and see when he is going... They got the Core setup, so we will have to buy transponders ($10 each). Hopefully he has a bunch of the F1 style... I only plan on running 1 transponder... will have to figure out a mounting setup for it.
i guess we'll have to add a roll of sticky tape to our toolboxes :) if i recall correctly, the transponders are pretty big - like 2x3". Clean mounting was a problem actually Can you call me when you know anything from Sai?

SaiTam
2006.01.06, 06:25 PM
I'm going to the track tomorrow Saturday. However, I may have to leave home early to first go to NNJ to pick up something and have lunch. Give me a call after 11am to confirm.

Eugene,

If you have time late tonight(Friday) I want to test my High Mount MR-01 at James.

i guess we'll have to add a roll of sticky tape to our toolboxes :) if i recall correctly, the transponders are pretty big - like 2x3". Clean mounting was a problem actually Can you call me when you know anything from Sai?

lfisminiz
2006.01.06, 09:43 PM
Guys, when i ran at the dow gtg, the core transponder was velcroed under the hood of body. Inside of body. No problems at all. Hope that helps. ;)

EMU
2006.01.06, 09:50 PM
Guys, when i ran at the dow gtg, the core transponder was velcroed under the hood of body. Inside of body. No problems at all. Hope that helps. ;)
That helps ;) So I need to get some Velcro... I may have some on hand.

Sai, I think James is working tonight(cant get through to him on his phone). So I cant get into his apartment :( I would love the practice though.

Ibrake Ifry
2006.01.06, 11:54 PM
so will these transponders weigh much and will they change the handling of the car?

SaiTam
2006.01.07, 09:30 AM
I am leaving the UWS at around 1:30pm today. I have 4 empty seats and a roomy trunk.

gasman1
2006.01.07, 09:31 AM
I just use some 3/4" blue masking tape to fasten it inside the body. It's the same tape I fasten the body with. I can move the transponder from car to car no problem. If you use more than one body, this is the easiest. If you plan on keeping it in one car, you can use velcro.

The transponders are very light. About two pieces of paper thick. Don't bend them!!

ieric
2006.01.12, 04:52 PM
Sorry if this is off topic, but I may be making my first trip to action rc speedway tonight. Sadly not to race. My friend and I are new to mini-zs and he wanted to check if they had the awd in stock. Do any of you know if they do? And are their overall prices fair?

builthatch
2006.01.12, 05:07 PM
Sorry if this is off topic, but I may be making my first trip to action rc speedway tonight. Sadly not to race. My friend and I are new to mini-zs and he wanted to check if they had the awd in stock. Do any of you know if they do? And are their overall prices fair?

call over there tonight. ask Al, the owner, to see if he's got any.

his prices are "ok", but, you get great service and it's right there, not via mail order, so...it's a good deal if you look at it that way.

Lionblade
2006.01.12, 05:38 PM
Last week Al had 3 AWD's in stock. Should still be there, haven't picked up yet at our track.

ieric
2006.01.13, 12:03 AM
Well I stopped by Action RC and my friend picked up an awd ready set. They still have a chassis and readyset left. Looks like they have a good track there and the service was great :)

michvin
2006.01.13, 12:51 AM
hope to see u racing one day

Lionblade
2006.01.13, 04:50 PM
Al says the Core system should be ready tomorrow. Cool. :)

I lost big chunks off the rear of my 575GTC last week. Not cool. :rolleyes:

If I can scrap together some funds, I might be able to buy another body...any suggestions? (besides the Enzo, 575GTC, and McLaren, that is)?

EMU
2006.01.13, 06:59 PM
The F360 is a nice running car with the ML mount ;). Magic drove mine to a 3rd place division A championship.

I do like the SLR, especially the white body. I would suggest getting the white bodies, they are a bit more durable. I think I saw a white body Vette there last week... not sure, that would be a nice body to run as well ;)

Lionblade
2006.01.13, 09:05 PM
The F360 is a nice running car with the ML mount ;). Magic drove mine to a 3rd place division A championship.

I do like the SLR, especially the white body. I would suggest getting the white bodies, they are a bit more durable. I think I saw a white body Vette there last week... not sure, that would be a nice body to run as well ;)

I still have my 360 from my 01 days...it does sit a lot higher than the 575 though.

lfisminiz
2006.01.13, 09:44 PM
Any of your guys run the atomic vds body yet? What do you think of the running/handling? I like mine alot.

lfisminiz
2006.01.13, 09:45 PM
I forgot to say that i think it would be pretty durable body.

Lionblade
2006.01.13, 09:47 PM
I forgot to say that i think it would be pretty durable body.

The VDS is restricted to mod class here, though.

Most of the mod cars are VDS bodies...seem to work rather well. ;)

lfisminiz
2006.01.13, 10:27 PM
I see, thanks. :)

lfisminiz
2006.01.13, 10:29 PM
The 350z jtc bodies are good.

michvin
2006.01.14, 01:42 AM

u right. There's a vette body. It won't fit without modifications though

EMU
2006.01.14, 12:44 PM
Any of your guys run the atomic vds body yet? What do you think of the running/handling? I like mine alot.
Ive been running the Atomic VDS, great body. It is very neutral, you can swing it out controllably under deceleration, and launch it out of the corners under hard accel in mod class. It has its drawbacks, front and sides being very low, I dremeled the sides a little to give clearance. By buddy already cracked the front clip into 3 peices, and the front right of the body has a 1" crack which he has glued a few times already. He cracked it near the end of the straight, when the car hit the rail, went under a little and hit one of the pins.

u right. There's a vette body. It won't fit without modifications thoughHe needs a body for his 02, and he has the PN ML motormount (94mm MM position). He was currently using it on the 575GTC which is an RM body already, so no modifications would be needed like yours for the vette ;)

Lionblade
2006.01.14, 12:48 PM
White bodies are at least $20 cheaper, too...not that I've any intention of painting one if I get it. :rolleyes: Do white bodies come with gule for the body clips, headlights, etc? I'd rather not use Loctite...that stuff is messy and sticks in 5 seconds...which I know since I've been glued quite a few times.

"I think I glued myself to....myself." :D

EMU
2006.01.14, 12:52 PM
The white bodies are about $25 at ARCMS, online they are available cheaper, but at a much longer waiting time. They come with glue, and all of the body accessories. If you look at the rear right tail light on my SLR, you will see where I glued it to my thumb. I put in the right tail light first, then the left, then realized.. that I couldnt put it down, literally. When I finally pulled the body off, I have a easily visible fingerprint all over the tail light :( Did a little sanding to get rid of it, still looks bad, but I dont care.

Time to hit the showers and get ready to go racing :D

Lionblade
2006.01.14, 12:55 PM
For $5 more I could get the ASC...wheels are worth the $5 and so is not having to hassle with gluing things to myself.

If I can get enough, I'll get an ASC. I went broke this week...$7 for an Italian book here, $15 for a Math book, $10 for an English book...damn Catholic school, they're robbin' me blind. :p

EMU
2006.01.14, 12:59 PM
I dont have access to my endless supply of bodies today... They are at my brothers house, but I may have an F50 body if you want to use that.

Lionblade
2006.01.14, 01:02 PM
I dont have access to my endless supply of bodies today... They are at my brothers house, but I may have an F50 body if you want to use that.

If you bring it, sure. It won't get beat up like my 575GTC did last week..but that was a stupid thing to do, looking back...

But it was cool when I launched off of Joe's VDS. Cleared the turn and then some. :p

The piece that's missing from the right rear isn't bad or that noticeable...but the left rear is noticable and funny even from a distance. :D

EMU
2006.01.14, 01:09 PM
I will look for it, I think I have one in my house, hope I have the front kit in my parts bin in Magics trunk...

Found one of my F50 bodies (its hurt already, so dont worry about hurting it more) and front clip from one of my Mint ones.

builthatch
2006.01.14, 01:15 PM
The white bodies are about $25 at ARCMS, online they are available cheaper, but at a much longer waiting time. They come with glue, and all of the body accessories. If you look at the rear right tail light on my SLR, you will see where I glued it to my thumb. I put in the right tail light first, then the left, then realized.. that I couldnt put it down, literally. When I finally pulled the body off, I have a easily visible fingerprint all over the tail light :( Did a little sanding to get rid of it, still looks bad, but I dont care.

Time to hit the showers and get ready to go racing :D

i'm coming up w/ my gf, is there a place to sit and watch? she asks me if it'll be fun, i said prolly not, atleast not for her, but i just want to see what's doin', that's all. haha....

too bad Ruf has my car in TX, but it's all good, i can't spend any more money on this for a little bit, so it's ok!

EMU
2006.01.14, 01:17 PM
i'm coming up w/ my gf, is there a place to sit and watch? she asks me if it'll be fun, i said prolly not, atleast not for her, but i just want to see what's doin', that's all. haha....

too bad Ruf has my car in TX, but it's all good, i can't spend any more money on this for a little bit, so it's ok!
There are stands to watch the racing ;) Im leaving to head over there now.

builthatch
2006.01.15, 01:44 AM
There are stands to watch the racing ;) Im leaving to head over there now.

ha, we JUST got home! saw 15 accidents that we counted on the parkway home.

anyway, i was happy i made it up there, nice to meet you EMU and Michvin. BTW, when i get a regular visit schedule going up there, i am going to pit @ that last table w/ willy and them :)

michvin
2006.01.15, 02:14 AM
ha, we JUST got home! saw 15 accidents that we counted on the parkway home.

anyway, i was happy i made it up there, nice to meet you EMU and Michvin.
Same here!
BTW, when i get a regular visit schedule going up there, i am going to pit @ that last table w/ willy and them :)
Speak any Chineese? ;)

EMU
2006.01.15, 05:48 AM
anyway, i was happy i made it up there, nice to meet you EMU and Michvin. BTW, when i get a regular visit schedule going up there, i am going to pit @ that last table w/ willy and them :)
I would advise against that, they tend to blow up batteries :rolleyes:

Nice to finally meet, hopefully next time we can rub some paint on the track ;) eventhough my body has no paint :p
====================================
My motor seemed to get a little faster as the night went on (motor was bought last week, and doesnt have much time through it). Seemed almost up to par during the main with comm drops. I was able to nab 2nd place in B main... behind 1st by a second or two after "missed laps" were added. Of course the accuracy could be off, I was added 1 lap due to counter "malfunction" while the 1st place spot was added 5 or 6 laps. It is hard to tell whether the laps were actually missed laps, or long laps due to crashes or car issues that needed marshall help... the only thing that they can go by is looking at the times, and adding a lap when the time is over a certain value. Once they get the timer sorted out, it wont be an issue. Overall, it seemed better for me last week. I didnt miss any.

Since I got off to a poor start (rear ended on turn 1) and got to turn 2 in last position from 3rd on the grid, I couldnt really keep track of my actual position, since I didnt really know who the leader was. I am pretty good in traffic, so the weak motor didnt really hold me back much during the main. I just held the tight line and tried to maintain corner speed.

During the final race of the night, Mod class... My transponder was missing alot of hits, and had come loose inside the body and started dragging on the left front wheel. So I just took the transponder out and ran for fun.

After the races, drove back in nice and slow, didnt see many accidents actually... just a crazy driver in a Subaru Legacy Wagon ;). After getting in to the city, I ran on the mini-tile track with Magic and uncle Al for a few hours with my F40. Magics S2000 is just sick on that track. The F40 is fast, but not as consistent. I am going to try some tweaks, change the wheels around (going to try 0mm offset white rears with F50 front wheels instead of the 2mm F50 rears)... I may also try different bodies, which I havent painted yet (Porsche GT3R or WRX STI).

SaiTam
2006.01.15, 10:55 AM
After the races, drove back in nice and slow, didnt see many accidents actually... just a crazy driver in a Subaru Legacy Wagon ;). After getting in to the city, I ran on the mini-tile track with Magic and uncle Al for a few hours with my F40. Magics S2000 is just sick on that track. The F40 is fast, but not as consistent. I am going to try some tweaks, change the wheels around (going to try 0mm offset white rears with F50 front wheels instead of the 2mm F50 rears)... I may also try different bodies, which I havent painted yet (Porsche GT3R or WRX STI).

Damn!! You guys don't need to sleep at all.

Driving home was easy and smooth. No accidents or any stupid drivers at all.

My motor's performance faded after 6 mins in the F1 main and I almost lost to Joe because of that. Magic and Roland were tough to beat in Modified racing.

Who won Stock A-main (1-2-3)?

Lionblade
2006.01.15, 01:22 PM
What about the B results? I know I wasn't counted quite a bit...25 laps in low, even for the batteries I was running. Mistake to run batteries that haven't run all night... :o

Just crious to know the results..car handled great, the batteries were n't good though..1 was dead when I checked it after. :rolleyes:

The F50 is a great body...seems like I can't have success with anything but Ferraris, though. :p

EMU
2006.01.15, 02:30 PM
From what I saw on the sheet after they added the misses, Joe had 46, Sai 45, Magic 45 or 46, Roland 44 (thats all I can remember).

I didnt have a chance to examine the B sheet after they added it up, I had to be an Antenna for F1 after A main...

SaiTam
2006.01.17, 10:50 AM
How many laps did Magic do in MOD?

From what I saw on the sheet after they added the misses, Joe had 46, Sai 45, Magic 45 or 46, Roland 44 (thats all I can remember).

I didnt have a chance to examine the B sheet after they added it up, I had to be an Antenna for F1 after A main...

EMU
2006.01.17, 12:13 PM
How many laps did Magic do in MOD?
I didnt check the mod results. I pulled my transponder out mid race because it started rubbing on my front wheels.

SaiTam
2006.01.17, 12:41 PM
I didnt check the mod results. I pulled my transponder out mid race because it started rubbing on my front wheels.

I just wanted to know whether Magic lapped Me and Roland in MOD. I wasn't sure about that. I don't recall seeing Magic's car during the whole race.

briankstan
2006.01.17, 02:18 PM
Speak any Chineese? ;)

Though I don't speak any chineese, well a little. My wife is chineese and I'm learning a little here and there. Maybe someday I will be better, My kids will be talking in chineese and I won't know what they are saying.. :eek:

SaiTam
2006.01.17, 02:41 PM
We speak a combination of Mandarin/Cantonese/English in our table. Even Roland and I are both Chinese we don't really understand each other since we came from different parts of China.

Though I don't speak any chineese, well a little. My wife is chineese and I'm learning a little here and there. Maybe someday I will be better, My kids will be talking in chineese and I won't know what they are saying.. :eek:

briankstan
2006.01.17, 03:07 PM
We speak a combination of Mandarin/Cantonese/English in our table. Even Roland and I are both Chinese we don't really understand each other since we came from different parts of China.

she told me about that. her mom speaks mandarin, her dad motly cantonese, but then they both have a dialect from where they are from in china. I find it pretty interesting. she said that when you get away from the larger citys. if you aren't from that area, more than likely you can't understand them.

My wife speaks really good English, Her parents know the basics like: hello and how are you. just simple conversation. It gets pretty hard to carry any kind of conversation for me, and I'm sure for them.

Her sister is picking up English pretty good, she has only been in the US for 4 years. Her little boy speaks better than all of them and he is only 8.

michvin
2006.01.17, 04:25 PM
it's quite amazing for such a relatively small (territorialy) country to be so diverse in languages...

Lionblade
2006.01.18, 06:15 PM
Looks like I'll be skipping this Saturday - not confident in Al's ability to actually figure the Core system out. :p

Well that, and even I need to have a social life. "It's not normal to be hanging around guys twice your age on Saturday night! Go out with your friends, go out with a girl!" :rolleyes:

Plus I've got midterms this week & the next...got some reviewing to do. Which sucks, because I hate studying.

SaiTam
2006.01.18, 07:13 PM
I don't need a social life on Saturday so I'll be there. However, I am not buying any more transponder until the bugs are fixed.

Do we still run endurance regularly on Fridays?

I have a suggestion, maybe we can run a "High Mount Mini" Mini-Z class on Friday with added soft obstacles on the track. Or, we can run a class with the nice looking street car bodies with narrow tires on rear.

EMU
2006.01.18, 07:57 PM
I would prefer to run an 01/015 class with stacked batteries. Or a 90mm wheelbase class ;)

SaiTam
2006.01.20, 05:19 PM
Al has much smaller transponder for the F1 class now. I think the dimension is smaller than the F1 battery cover.

EMU
2006.01.20, 05:31 PM
Al has much smaller transponder for the F1 class now. I think the dimension is smaller than the F1 battery cover.
He had them a while ago, but he couldnt get them to run correctly. If they are working now, I am going to buy one and use it for all of my cars. On the F1, it goes under the front wing.

michvin
2006.01.20, 05:32 PM
And it works? He fixed the counter?

SaiTam
2006.01.20, 06:05 PM
It worked last night. He changed the section to 2 tile only and now there's a bridge.

EMU
2006.01.20, 06:35 PM
It worked last night. He changed the section to 2 tile only and now there's a bridge.
As long as it works :D

Lionblade
2006.01.20, 08:48 PM
Well, my plans were cancelled...if it's working, I'll probably haul my fat ass down there. Hopefully. :p

michvin
2006.01.20, 11:18 PM
Sai are you going down there tomorrow?

builthatch
2006.01.20, 11:23 PM

im curious what he had to do to make it work w/o someone touching it lol...

briankstan
2006.01.20, 11:44 PM
I haven't had any problems with my Core System missing laps. the only time it doesn't count a car is it the transponder isn't in it. LOL

Lionblade
2006.01.20, 11:52 PM
I haven't had any problems with my Core System missing laps. the only time it doesn't count a car is it the transponder isn't in it. LOL

Any of your guys bend + crumple their transponders? :p

He said something about the loop being too small last week, though.

briankstan
2006.01.21, 12:07 AM
Any of your guys bend + crumple their transponders? :p

He said something about the loop being too small last week, though.

bend yes, crumple NO. it is ok to bend them slightly. You should NOT crease them, but bending them to fit the inside of the hood and top of the car is almost nessasary.

The system came with instructions on how the loop needs to be places. 12" across the lenght of the track. and unless you are running the PRO system with 2 timing units the track width can only be 2 tiles wide.

michvin
2006.01.21, 12:16 AM
bend yes, crumple NO. it is ok to bend them slightly. You should NOT crease them, but bending them to fit the inside of the hood and top of the car is almost nessasary.

The system came with instructions on how the loop needs to be places. 12" across the lenght of the track. and unless you are running the PRO system with 2 timing units the track width can only be 2 tiles wide.
2 mini or 2 large?
it was 2 large last time and it missed cars

briankstan
2006.01.21, 12:19 AM
2 mini or 2 large?
it was 2 large last time and it missed cars

2 large tiles. the Loop may not have been set up right. I have mine taped down to a thin piece of cardboard so it can't move and then place that under the track. Works perferct.

SaiTam
2006.01.21, 12:22 AM
Sai are you going down there tomorrow?

Yes, leaving the UWS around 2pm. I'm meeting someone else at 59th & 8 Ave and should have 3 seats left.

I bend the card a little in my MR-02, no problem.

If anything it could be his computer being slow.

briankstan
2006.01.21, 12:35 AM
Yes, leaving the UWS around 2pm. I'm meeting someone else at 59th & 8 Ave and should have 3 seats left.

I'm running mine on a laptop, nothing fancy. it's a compaq with a 1.3 celeron, 512 ram and just that basics. I do make sure nothing else is running in the background.

Lionblade
2006.01.21, 01:19 AM
I'm running mine on a laptop, nothing fancy. it's a compaq with a 1.3 celeron, 512 ram and just that basics. I do make sure nothing else is running in the background.

Don't remember exactly what Al's is, but it's not exactly up to date.

michvin
2006.01.21, 02:14 AM

can we join you?

Dusty Weasle
2006.01.21, 04:26 AM
At Mini-AZ we only had trouble with Core missing laps for one day.

I cut a few 12”x1” strips of cardboard and spaced them evenly along the loop, then used masking tape to secure the loop along their width. This gave me a precise 12” spacing along the entire loop. The cardboard is no thicker than the loop to keep it smooth and even under the RCP tiles.

After that day of missed laps I noticed the cardboard spacers had slipped making the loop a little uneven. I reset the spacers and we haven’t had any trouble since.

Speaking of small F1 transponders- I haven’t ordered any yet but we’ve had an F1 population explosion at Mini-AZ, so I’m going to have to. In the meantime we use painter’s masking tape to secure the big transponders between the back body and the spoiler, such that it looks like a big paper spoiler. Not pretty, but it’ll do for now.

EMU
2006.01.21, 10:22 AM

If you dont mind, I will meet you around 2PM at 59th st.

At Action RC grooves were cut 12" apart in the track, and the loop was placed in the grooves. The loop does not slip at all. Hopefully it works without any problems. I also noticed that using alot of tape to tape the cards to the body tends to lower the countability...

SaiTam
2006.01.21, 10:46 AM
can we join you?

Yes, but make sure you give me a call first. I should have EMU, you and Eric; and my friend may also show up.

Lionblade
2006.01.21, 01:58 PM
EMU, if you haven't already left, can you take along an F50 body again? I've grown accustomed to the way it handles.

SaiTam
2006.01.22, 05:16 PM
I have a number of unused items for sale if interested, you can pick them up at the track or near UWS, Manhattan:

Kyosho X-speed motor: $14

Many Atomic front 20 competition tires $2.50 for 2 tires(1 bag)

Many Atomic Rear 10 competition tires $2.50 for 2 tires(1 bag)

Kyosho F1 graphite suspension plates $15

Blue MR02 chassis parts set $5

Intellect 750 Batteries $11 each pack

Kyosho MFH03S F1 wheels set $8

Atomic T2 42,000 RPM motor $32

Tamiya Torque tuned motor $4

Tamiya REV-tuned motor $4

Atomic hi-grade brush set $3

Ferrari Yellow or Red F40 body ASC (no box) $20

Various Pajero ASC sytle bodies $28

Yellow Jordan F1 body set $32

Mclaren F1 Body set $32

Used KO-EX1 Mars R transmitter ony $95

I may not carry these items with me to the track so contact me beforehand.

Sai

gasman1
2006.01.22, 06:28 PM
WHat version of the Jordan body is it?

Lionblade
2006.01.23, 12:02 AM
By the way, EMU...I think I may have left my transponder in your Testarossa..

If that's the case, you're free to use it for a while. I won't be back next week, at least not on Saturday. Might be able to negotiate either Thursdays or Fridays, but unless we start earlier on Sats, that's out.

EMU
2006.01.23, 12:17 AM
I just checked the Testarossa and it isnt in there... :confused: I didnt see it after you left. :(

If you cant find it, call Al and see if he has it...

Sai, Magic may be interested in the Yellow F40... I havent spoken to him about it yet, but he is trying to make a nice yellow collection. I ordered him a Yellow F50, he has an Enzo, Murcielago, S2000, C5R... I think he has a couple more, but cant remember which. And I may be interested in the F1 wheels.

SaiTam
2006.01.23, 12:19 AM
WHat version of the Jordan body is it?

No. 11 MFB-03

Lionblade
2006.01.23, 12:20 AM
I just checked the Testarossa and it isnt in there... :confused: I didnt see it after you left. :(

If you cant find it, call Al and see if he has it...

Couldn't find it in a quick search of my Z stuff...I'll be more thorough in the morning.

What ever happened after I left anyway? I didn't even get to know what main I was in, let alone race it. :(

Like I said, Al should be more strict with the time...given the permission, I'd go around making everyone be ready on-time, but it seems he can't be bothered.

Wtf was with him and Magic, also? All I heard was something about Joe...well, being Joe.

Lionblade
2006.01.23, 12:21 AM
Sai, Magic may be interested in the Yellow F40... I havent spoken to him about it yet, but he is trying to make a nice yellow collection. I ordered him a Yellow F50, he has an Enzo, Murcielago, S2000, C5R... I think he has a couple more, but cant remember which. And I may be interested in the F1 wheels.

He's got the 360GTC as well.