PDA

View Full Version : Back to when it first started...ENZO!

pchan0
2005.09.15, 06:57 PM
It's time for a new body as I think I have pushed the Mclaren F1 fast enough that I can't do anything else to it to improve my time. Going back to the Ferrari Enzo just like what I started with the MR-02 car. Can't wait to see what I can do with it as the car is wider now!

arch2b
2005.09.15, 07:55 PM
i just moved my son up to an enzo :) his average lap count went up as a result

Lionblade
2005.09.15, 09:39 PM
Those Atomic dishes... :confused: Why? They look so cheap to me. Ah well, to each his own.

arch2b
2005.09.15, 09:47 PM
on the right car i think they look good. maybe not on the enzo, but then again i don't like the enzo to begin with so i'm already baised.

bolter9
2005.09.15, 10:53 PM
Hey what kind of antenna are you running?

Also, do you have an atomic-type damper when running those alloy motor mounts? I have to MM alloy mounts, and the stock spring doesn't fit...

thanks!

ruknd@aol.com
2005.09.16, 12:22 AM
It's time for a new body as I think I have pushed the Mclaren F1 fast enough that I can't do anything else to it to improve my time. Going back to the Ferrari Enzo just like what I started with the MR-02 car. Can't wait to see what I can do with it as the car is wider now!
function over form...

my enzo after some time

fatboy1
2005.09.16, 02:14 PM
PC, try driving more consistantly. You're very fast, but not consistant. Plus, track width is one of the keys to body selection, i.e. Enzo for high speed since need stability, which is track width (not track like race track, but wheel axle width). McLaren F1 is very good for tight tracks due to its narrow track. This allows the car to roll more, thus more weight transfer, possibly giving better steering characteristics. Plus, the track you're racing on is small. You'll probably will find the Enzo to be less sensitive and a bit of a dog in the in-field sections. Try the Lambo Mur.... like the rest of us. With the narrow offset front, it gives nice steering response. Anyway, it's all in the setup and making it suit your driving style.

best of luck!

pchan0
2005.09.16, 07:22 PM
PC, try driving more consistantly. You're very fast, but not consistant. Plus, track width is one of the keys to body selection, i.e. Enzo for high speed since need stability, which is track width (not track like race track, but wheel axle width). McLaren F1 is very good for tight tracks due to its narrow track. This allows the car to roll more, thus more weight transfer, possibly giving better steering characteristics. Plus, the track you're racing on is small. You'll probably will find the Enzo to be less sensitive and a bit of a dog in the in-field sections. Try the Lambo Mur.... like the rest of us. With the narrow offset front, it gives nice steering response. Anyway, it's all in the setup and making it suit your driving style.

best of luck!

Who is this? I agree what you said, I still lack consistency. I need more practice! Anyway, I told MZHS track to change to a more open layout so I should be okay with the Enzo. I'm also setting the Enzo car preparing for the Mini-Z trophy race. :)

pchan0
2005.09.16, 08:10 PM

best of luck!

Hey, is this Shawn? I figured it was you. I chose the Enzo body not only because of its wide rear track width but the body shape. Mclaren indeed is a good body but too twitchy for my driving style, the rear always wants go out on me with slightly worn tires. I also used the Mclaren body for so long that I should change to a new body to see if there is any improvement.

Sinister_Y
2005.09.17, 09:38 AM
Hey! Yeah, it's me...i.e. Fatboy1.
Cool. Went by last night and the track looks good with the new upper level rebuilt since Calvin smoked the old one by standing on it!

I used the Murcielago last night with the Enzo rims (they fit by the way). It was pretty good but since the track was redesigned, grip was crap. I switched to some Tamiya foams on Enzo rims (with no traction compound) and I had grip like mad. Didn't last too long and then the rear end started to slip out everywhere. Tires picked up all kinds of dirt. Also got tons of metal shavings from (?) on my motor can since they reconstruction of the 2nd level.

See u on Wed!

leonen
2005.10.23, 07:00 PM

I noticed you have the Chassis Set with RA6 I.C.S.. Have you plugged it into a PC? I'm curious about "analyzing the effectiveness of different car settings on your computer using the graphical data from the ICS* unit mounted on the car"... what's that??? What info do you get from the ICS to analize / configure?

Thanks!

HaCo
2005.10.24, 10:48 AM
I just looove those dish wheels :D

pchan0
2005.10.24, 11:25 AM
I just looove those dish wheels :D

Single color racing bodies needs to go!! :cool:

xtrememadness
2006.01.10, 01:37 PM
Single color racing bodies needs to go!! :cool:
hey pchano. where can i get one of those pit shelves like the one in your pit pics. our pits at my local track are small and that would work sweet! sweet rides by the way. the vds body looks awesome.