PDA

View Full Version : umm. Wtf?

Ronin
2005.09.18, 10:05 PM
three letters. w t f

how come these people that went to rcx and won iwavers got them before we could even buy them?

http://iwaverusa.com/events/rcx-winners.html

I mean, I'm happy for those that won them, but how come they get them before they're released like, 8 months later? WTF.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

700club
2005.09.18, 10:23 PM
three letters. w t f

how come these people that went to rcx and won iwavers got them before we could even buy them?

http://iwaverusa.com/events/rcx-winners.html

I mean, I'm happy for those that won them, but how come they get them before they're released like, 8 months later? WTF.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
dont feel bad i bought an iwaver and it crapped out after 2 days of use. i had my fill of iwaver already, from now on i am sticking to mini-z.

Ronin
2005.09.18, 11:00 PM
dont feel bad i bought an iwaver and it crapped out after 2 days of use. i had my fill of iwaver already, from now on i am sticking to mini-z.

well, I myself have had a good experience with my 02. but, I still want to know why they won these before we can buy them. weird, I'd want to give ones away that weren't junk, since they're still supposed to be doing R&D. weird.

DogbreathRacing
2005.09.19, 03:10 AM
Those look like the "new" 02 ready sets, if they are then giving a few away at a trade show is a proven marketing technique...to give away before you sell....this can only mean the new release is getting closer.

And I to have had good luck with their older 02 series cars, the new ones are supposed to be totally different...and hopefully better.

So there really is no WTF or weird to it, just good marketing.

HaCo
2005.09.19, 11:23 AM
I made this remark months ago on this forum...

Anyway, at r_c_mart on the Upcomming Products, they listed New IWaver 2,0 GT-R. So I hope it's the all new chassis, and it wont take long before release. However I wonder why rc_mart allready released the IW Enzo body, and you can't find it on the TE site... ?

TNB
2005.09.19, 01:12 PM
That's just one advantage of going to trade shows. After all, they usually have "public" days too. Another advantage is that there may be "show specials" which usually means cheaper prices as well. On a large scale RC, that could mean 100's since you may be able to purchase at wholesale without shipping and handling charges as well.

leonen
2005.09.20, 09:38 PM
It's sad to have missed the shows ah ronin????

Yeah.. we all would like to put our hands as possible on the newer products... but as DogBreath and TNB remarked.... it's a marketing technique.

I'm a IWaver distributor and I just got a new IW02 for testing purposes and promotion.

A real piece of news is that the cars are ready and will begin distribution by the end of september, early october...... so get ready!!! the new car is something!

and the new bodies too. The new GT40 is a redimensioned version from the one they released last year. The Saleen is loooooong.. and well...
just wait and see them.

TNB
2005.09.20, 11:30 PM
A real piece of news is that the cars are ready and will begin distribution by the end of september, early october...... so get ready!!! the new car is something!
If I recall correctly, Tower has mid-October.

EMU
2005.09.21, 02:27 AM
If I recall correctly, Tower has mid-October.
In August, they had mid September ;)

HaCo
2005.09.21, 11:03 AM

Yeah.. we all would like to put our hands as possible on the newer products... but as DogBreath and TNB remarked.... it's a marketing technique.

I'm a IWaver distributor and I just got a new IW02 for testing purposes and promotion.

and the new bodies too. The new GT40 is a redimensioned version from the one they released last year. The Saleen is loooooong.. and well...
just wait and see them.

Any neys on the mustang/mini body?

Is the servo now 3 or 4-wire?

Have you droven the car and how did it handle, of course as distributor it's harder to stay objective ;)

I have preordered 2 pieces in Germany, I can't wait to recieve them. :D

leonen
2005.09.22, 01:00 AM

Is the servo now 3 or 4-wire?

Have you droven the car and how did it handle, of course as distributor it's harder to stay objective ;)

I have preordered 2 pieces in Germany, I can't wait to recieve them. :D

Let's see.... the photo responds to your servo question?..... yes it has 4 wires, as usual.

I haven't drove it much yet, cause i been sick and just drove around the living room and the dining room. so far it seems a really nice car. The steering is quite impressive. and the soft slick tires that comes with makes it adhere to the floor amazingly. I hardly made any loops!

I'm also attaching a picture comparing the size of the new Ford GT to the old one.

This next saturday we'll get together (my pals from the CircuitoZur club and I), at the track, so more pictures and more comments on the car, next week.

See you!!!!

leonen
2005.09.22, 01:02 AM

:D

No news on any new body for now..... the enzo has been also dropped for some time now....

RC m ... has some test bodies IW sent them. Nothing Officially for sale.

wkn
2005.09.22, 02:30 AM
Let's see.... the photo responds to your servo question?..... yes it has 4 wires, as usual.

I haven't drove it much yet, cause i been sick and just drove around the living room and the dining room. so far it seems a really nice car. The steering is quite impressive. and the soft slick tires that comes with makes it adhere to the floor amazingly. I hardly made any loops!

I'm also attaching a picture comparing the size of the new Ford GT to the old one.

This next saturday we'll get together (my pals from the CircuitoZur club and I), at the track, so more pictures and more comments on the car, next week.

See you!!!!

can you post more pics of the chassis please.thanks

HaCo
2005.09.22, 11:50 AM
leonen, thx for the info man!

can I use those pic on my site eventually plz?

leonen
2005.09.22, 12:21 PM
can you post more pics of the chassis please.thanks

You have more pictures at: http://foros.ath.cx/photos/iwaver/default.aspx

and more will come next week!!!!

Haco, you can use them... sure... but always link to the source: http://www.circuitozur.com.ar/

TNB
2005.09.22, 03:23 PM
If it was a three wire servo, it would be easier to install something like a micro-servo used on most 1/18th scale RCs (excluding the 4-wire stock servos used on something like the Kyosho Mini-Inferno and Losi Mini-T for example).

The "new" size does look a lot better. Can you compare the newer body to the Kyosho version?

HaCo
2005.09.22, 03:34 PM
You have more pictures at: http://foros.ath.cx/photos/iwaver/default.aspx

and more will come next week!!!!

Haco, you can use them... sure... but always link to the source: http://www.circuitozur.com.ar/

leonen, I see you have a miniz top ranking on your site, how do you subscribe a site to such a top?

Thx,
HaCo

leonen
2005.09.23, 09:20 AM
The "new" size does look a lot better. Can you compare the newer body to the Kyosho version?

I don't have the K version.... sorry.

leonen
2005.09.23, 09:22 AM
leonen, I see you have a miniz top ranking on your site, how do you subscribe a site to such a top?

Thx,
HaCo

Just visit the miniZ tp ranking site and subscribe!!!!