PDA

View Full Version : rs4 drift needs

Mr.M
2005.09.23, 07:39 PM
what do you need to drift a micro rs4, im talking about if i can drift a rear wheel drive rs4 with tape or pvc pipe on the tires or do i need a awd rs4? becuse im trying to find a cheep ( or at lest good ) drift car.

mini-z racing
2005.09.23, 07:44 PM
try hard slicks, on a smooth floor

Mr.M
2005.09.23, 07:50 PM
ok so a rear wheel drive rs4 will drift , just had to make sure becuse most people say only a awd rs4 will drift.

Ken Mifune
2005.09.23, 08:03 PM
If you can afford to do it, go AWD.

You can do it RWD but it's not nearly as effective. It's very unforgiving.

saiyan
2005.09.23, 10:36 PM
Drifting with an AWD is easier to maintane controle. A rear wheel drive will drift, but is harder to controle cause the rear is constantly trying to get infront of the front wheels. I have an AWD 1:10 car, a TC3 that i drift and to try out just for sh**s and giggles i pulled the fron cvds and tried it as a RWD. It was quite the experiance after having gotten used to AWD. A long time ago when i first got into touring car racing my first chassis was a Tamiya TA02ff. It was a front motor front wheel drive chassis that once i got it tuned was actually faster off the line then the AWD cars cause of less rotating mass, but at first when i would take a corner the rear end would constantly loose grip and swing out on me and cause it was FWD i could just give it gas and it would pull itself out of the slide. It took me awhile and alot of tuning to get it to stick. Basically what i'm saying after all that is that you can get any drivetrain to drift, it's all in the set up and practice, practice, practice.

Now that i've talked about my FWD car, it makes me want to pull the rear cvds out of my TC3 and see if how it drifts.

I cant wait till the MA01 comes out, i hope i can afford it when it does.

By the way, HPI RS4s come AWD stock. If it's not then it's just missing pieces that can be baught and you could then have AWD. That goes for wether it's any of their 1:10 chassis as well as the Micro RS4 1:18.

byebye
2005.09.24, 05:06 AM
what do you need to drift a micro rs4, im talking about if i can drift a rear wheel drive rs4 with tape or pvc pipe on the tires or do i need a awd rs4? becuse im trying to find a cheep ( or at lest good ) drift car.

I use electrical tape and all 3 cars I have are stock setups with the lowest gearing.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/1-18th/MR4RCPDrift.wmv

-Byebye

will3kgt
2005.09.24, 05:15 AM
I've used electrical tape on my X-ray and it works okay. I'm trying to find PVC small enough to fit my tires.

saiyan
2005.09.24, 11:07 AM
I've heard that 35mm film canisters fit the 1:18 wheels and works good for drifting.