PDA

View Full Version : #SE Michigan# Mini-Z/X-Mod Showdown!

BilliamReturns
2005.09.27, 10:18 PM
Attention all X-Mod or Mini-Z owners in the SE Michigan area:

Draconious and I want to put together a race - we just need to know who is in the area and might like to show up. You don't even have to race, just as long as your a 1/28th scale fanatic.

We need to know how big of a venue we need to find. RCP track is being negotiated by Drac

It has taken way to long to get something like this together. Just reply to this thread if you're at all interested, this is getting redonculous...

Eric
:D

Draconious
2005.09.27, 10:34 PM
I do plan to hold a race at some point, have been wanting to for a while, but dont have enough of the pieces to do it (see other posts about it)... I did not realy say I was teaming up with you to do it, not saying I wont, but your kinda implying things that were not so... it was just a few minute AOL IM conversation.

I did say if your gona hold a race, to post it on the forum, youll get more racers... than IMing me, for a list of names (wich i wont give out unless those ppl ask me to give their aol nick)

I also said I would rather barrow an RCP track, I did not say I was aquiring an RCP track. I have no access to an RCP track... unless I buy or barrow one, and not sure who would loan a 200-400$ track out...

___
What I would like to do is, barrow/rent a track and lap counter from MZR.. and hold a race at one of the local parks in the parking lots (preferably when there is no ball game going on, no parking space!) and set up large Mini-ZRacer.com signs... so at least MZR is getting advertising from it... this way kids see indoor toys just before winter arrives and ask for them for Xmas lol ;) and the parents see the sign and know were to buy one...

I however sold all my spare Z's... so.. ide prolly have to buy/rent a few cars for demo cars... while there is no actual racing going on...

I would feel better if there was a lot of Zers there with me, im not gona sit in a parking lot alone like a dork expecting ppl to walk up and race them lol... would be nice to keep at least 4 cars racing...

And im sure the local parks wouldnt mind.. but ide obviously have to check for dates were there are no games, and if they will allow it, I say at the local park, cuz its close to me, and my garage is not yet open enough to set up a track, and the park has bathrooms... and doubt any one would want to go through my cluttered house to take a wiz...

Billiam_Returns
2005.09.27, 10:43 PM
Do we not both want to put together a Mini-Z race? Ok then!

Do we know that MZR has an RCP track? Why haven't they hosted a race themselves :confused:

arch2b
2005.09.28, 07:20 PM
there is already a thread (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18600) covering this need

Draconious
2005.09.28, 09:30 PM
which is my point ;)

mini-z
2005.11.02, 02:40 PM
Do we not both want to put together a Mini-Z race? Ok then!

Do we know that MZR has an RCP track? Why haven't they hosted a race themselves :confused:

Billiam, please email me. :)

Draconious
2005.11.02, 11:06 PM
So lets go already LOL... its getting too cold for an outdoor setup now tho... so that cuts the locations down... call a highschool lots of them allow such things in the gym...

will3kgt
2005.11.03, 02:17 AM
So lets go already LOL... its getting too cold for an outdoor setup now tho... so that cuts the locations down... call a highschool lots of them allow such things in the gym...
Just so you guys know, in Grand Blanc there are races every Sunday from 11am to 3pm. We race mini-zs, Xmods, X-Rays & 18ts. Track is pretty huge. Please come on out I'm sick of beating XMODS every week and people who think they can beat me with their stock mini-zs. I am the mini-z champ in Grand Blanc come and see if you can take me out! I'm beating XMOD EVOS with my MR-01 by two laps on average.
I'd also like to come out to SE MI to race and meet fellow mini-z racers, I'm sure it'll be fun. WE NEED TO PUT MI ON THE MAP FOR MINI-Z RACING! MAYBE WE'LL GET A PN RACING EVENT SOMEWHERE IN MI.

BilliamReturns
2005.11.08, 10:39 PM
Just so you guys know, in Grand Blanc there are races every Sunday from 11am to 3pm. We race mini-zs, Xmods, X-Rays & 18ts. Track is pretty huge. Please come on out I'm sick of beating XMODS every week and people who think they can beat me with their stock mini-zs. I am the mini-z champ in Grand Blanc come and see if you can take me out! I'm beating XMOD EVOS with my MR-01 by two laps on average.
I'd also like to come out to SE MI to race and meet fellow mini-z racers, I'm sure it'll be fun. WE NEED TO PUT MI ON THE MAP FOR MINI-Z RACING! MAYBE WE'LL GET A PN RACING EVENT SOMEWHERE IN MI.

That sounds good! Could you give me some more info on these events? We've got a bunch of X-Mods and I've got a lipo/brushless set on my 18T :eek:

Just E-Mail me at BilliamReturns,
Thanks

P.S. pics would be nice

Oh, ant it would be about a 53-min drive for me :mad: