PDA

View Full Version : Do i need an H plate when i use...

machine
2005.09.28, 12:47 PM
Hey guys,

DO i need a H plate when i use the IW side damper? Never used one before and would like to know how it's assembled. Thanks

byebye
2005.09.28, 01:55 PM
Yes but I'd have to see pics of the kit. Most of them just attach in the same place as the H-plate.

-Byebye

saiyan
2005.09.29, 02:06 AM
Ya it does need the H-plate installed. I've included a pic of my IW02 mm with the Iwaver side dampener installed.

byebye
2005.09.29, 03:15 AM
How does it handle? Looks to be a better build than the 3Racing one.

-Byebye

saiyan
2005.09.29, 03:37 AM
Well i'll let you know after this Saturday. I just got the MM pod today from Iwaver and mounted it and the SD on tonight. I had originally ordered it and an RM pod, but there isn't enough room to mount the SD with the RM pod. This was before they started marking them as MM only. I finally got an MM autoscale and pod to go with it. So this will be it's maiden voyage this week-end. 1 thing i noticed already is that they didn't make the springs long enough. The T-plate moves the pod up a little befor the springs even start to compress, but i have some ATOMIC SD springs that are longer so i'll probably switch them out. If you closely at the 1st pic you can see the spring isn't touching the top spring perch.

leonen
2005.09.29, 10:24 AM
Well i'll let you know after this Saturday. I just got the MM pod today from Iwaver and mounted it and the SD on tonight. I had originally ordered it and an RM pod, but there isn't enough room to mount the SD with the RM pod. This was before they started marking them as MM only. I finally got an MM autoscale and pod to go with it. So this will be it's maiden voyage this week-end. 1 thing i noticed already is that they didn't make the springs long enough. The T-plate moves the pod up a little befor the springs even start to compress, but i have some ATOMIC SD springs that are longer so i'll probably switch them out. If you closely at the 1st pic you can see the spring isn't touching the top spring perch.

You got to use the spring stoppers that come in the package.

Nice wheels..... and tires!.

byebye
2005.09.29, 10:27 AM
Did you try to mount the h-plate on the bottom instead of in between? Looks good though.

-Byebye

machine
2005.09.29, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the pictures helps alot.

I'm currently running the atomic CF damper, works great for me. And am looking forward to trying this side damper out. I'd like to be able to run both but the bend in the IW damper plate interfers with the atomic cf plate.

saiyan
2005.09.29, 11:34 AM
Did you try to mount the h-plate on the bottom instead of in between? Looks good though.

-Byebye

Well, there were no destructions included in the package, but the bottum bracket screw holes are all counter sunk. The plate is not so in order to use the longer screws that came with the SD, the bottum plate has to be put on last. The bottum mount can be turned to arc the other way depending on the length of the chassis.

Neither of the red or blue SD kits i baught came with anything else then what you see except for 2 other pairs of colored springs.

byebye
2005.09.29, 11:46 AM
Interesting. I had a problem with the 3racing kit not being wide enough and the shocks sat at a forward angle. I don't think it worked as efficiently as it should have. A shame since they were like $15 a set or somthing. The friction damper for me is far superior.

-Byebye

700club
2005.09.29, 12:41 PM
Ya it does need the H-plate installed. I've included a pic of my IW02 mm with the Iwaver side dampener installed.
that looks great!