PDA

View Full Version : what to buy first?

Mr.M
2005.10.01, 07:13 PM
Becuse im planing on geting a iwaver ( 01 pro ) i need to know what parts to get first. name 5 so i can get an idea of what to buy. ( and if you say to get a 02 well i just thought the 01 would be cheaper and easier to find parts for and i did :D )

EMU
2005.10.02, 12:41 PM
Bearings, tires, rear damper, springs, H-Plate, and allways have many servo gears handy.

When you setup the car, make sure that when the wheels are fully turned, they do not stick out from the body. Use a wide body with narrow offset wheels.

Mr.M
2005.10.02, 08:46 PM
thanks, but im not buying any thing yet this i for the end of october when i sell some crap i have, but would just buying delrin or titanium (did i spell that right?) servo gears be better than buying tons of normal gears?

foxxkat
2005.10.10, 01:37 PM
Bearings, tires, rear damper, springs, H-Plate, and allways have many servo gears handy.

When you setup the car, make sure that when the wheels are fully turned, they do not stick out from the body. Use a wide body with narrow offset wheels.

i don't understand.. why need the bearings, tires, rear damper, etc..? i thot iwaver comes in complete package and you just need to put in batteries and ready to race?
or are those as spare parts?

sorry i noob..gotta ask. :o

soyverde
2005.10.10, 02:00 PM
foxxkat: These are not things you need to run the car out of the box, but are recommended improvements. The bearings replace the stock bushings. I am just getting around to replacing these, and have had no trouble running for months with bushings. The carbon fiber h-plate is an improvement on the stock plastic h-plate, which is softer and has a tendency to retain memory (i.e. it can remain twisted/tweaked after a lot of use). Tires are upgraded to improve traction, as the stock tires tend to be of the harder variety. You should be able to run the car out of the box without replacing any of these items.

byebye
2005.10.10, 02:04 PM
i don't understand.. why need the bearings, tires, rear damper, etc..? i thot iwaver comes in complete package and you just need to put in batteries and ready to race?
or are those as spare parts?

sorry i noob..gotta ask. :o

Mr.M wants to know what to get for it. Those are spaire or upgrades. Don't get an 01. It has no servo saver and is sort of a pain, 1. getting gears and 2. changing them out. Your better off with an 02.

You don't need any of those parts because YES the rtr comes with everything ready to run. To be competative you have to know how to drive your car well. Once you can do that consistently then get a faster motor, bearings and carbon h-plates.

The mr-01 chassis runs well even stock but with no servo saver a touch of the wall will chip servo teeth.

I would invest in a couple sets of 15 min rechargable aaa's, 8 aa's and the 15 minute charger.

-Byebye

HammerZ
2005.10.10, 04:14 PM
name 5 so i can get an idea of what to buy.

For any Mini Z Iwaver or Kyosho racer,
1. Nylon lock nuts, last longer than the plastic ones that hold your wheels on.
2. Bearings, I have had good luck with those from the shop here.
3. Suspension plates, The plastic one these come with have been known to snap very soon.
4. Springs and tie rods, here is where the real hopups begain. You can add tires here too.
5. Ball diff, When you add this you will wonder how you got along without it.
What you want from here on out is up to you. I figure the first three in this list helps make it more solid, then I lumped some simple upgrades into number four so I can list the ball diff as five. You can also make the tires number four and the suspension and handling parts five. This is my bare bones list.

foxxkat
2005.10.10, 10:40 PM
okie.. thanks for shedding light.
i think i will settle on getting spare tires and quick-charge batts. the rest.. like byebye suggests i can slowly upgrade after i've passed the noob-driver test :p

still many things to read up on! i hav no clue wat servo-safer (& other jargons) is but will find out soon..
well this is one of the fun part! learning stage.

HammerZ
2005.10.10, 11:26 PM
Tires first is good, but I will urge you to get the locknuts for the wheels. Mostly because the plastic ones you get in most readysets will strip out after one or two times. Then you can add other parts as you see fit. The bearings can wait, even though I like to add these early on. Not only because these make everything work better these remove the tiny bit of wobble out of the wheels.

bda52
2005.10.11, 12:12 AM
Iwavers do come with pretty good tires stock compared to Kyosho. In fact, I am using the stock IW tires as the front tires on my K MR-02's. I am guessing they must be somewhere between 15 to 20 deg unlike stock K tires that must be 50 deg.

HammerZ
2005.10.11, 12:54 PM
I revised my list here click this.

blakmoose1234
2005.10.11, 04:32 PM
Here's some advice, get the 01 pro, squat conversion, a futaba servo, micro electronics and kick some ass. :cool:

Mr.M
2005.10.15, 07:19 PM
see but toy east dosent have the 01pro anymore and well all i want is a gtr r32 skyline. i know what parts to get for either chassie but its finding the parts for everything i want what i need is....

1 main gear for my overland
2 wide wheels for my overland
3 a iwaver ( 01 or 02)
4 springs and suspension
5 bearings
6 moter and other preformance parts
7 any other parts i need

thats about it but im going to get all this in the winter (december or end of november) becuse im going to get kido battle for my ps2 soon and if i try to get both i wont have the money to have the part for my overland or iwaver. but i have to do something so i just have to think about it.

kido kido .. did i spell that right ( im a bad speller :D ) that sould be my sig :D