PDA

View Full Version : sterring problems

leo
2005.10.05, 07:50 PM
Hi!

New hear.....I just got a firelap 4.0 monster truck for my son.....
I put in the crystals as such. The one of reciever had number two on it and the one of the actual car has one on it. Didin't work. I then changed the crytals off my others sons kyosho mini z and it worked. My question is when trying to steer the truck I hold receiver facing me and turn the wheel right and the truck goes left, I turn the wheel left and it goes right, very hard to control. On my other sons kyosho. You turn right and it goes right or turn left and it goes left. Can anyone help me and explain why the firelap is steering in the opposite direction. by the way is the crystals that I got for the firelap meant to have the same corresponding numbers, hence number two for the receiver and number 2 for the actual truck. CHEERS.

byebye
2005.10.05, 08:33 PM
If you are using the kyosho transmitter to control the firelap it is reversed and can be fixed by either resoldering the leads or if you have an older kyosho transmitter it has a servo reverse.

Yes the crystals do not match and so they don't work together. Your quickest fix would be to buy a new set or you can buy the x-mod set that works perfectly fine expecially for the money.

-Byebye

leo
2005.10.05, 08:47 PM
thanks for the tips....

the receiver that has the problem is the one that came with the firelap. what part are you actually saying I have to switch.

byebye
2005.10.05, 08:55 PM
thanks for the tips....

the receiver that has the problem is the one that came with the firelap. what part are you actually saying I have to switch.

On the PCB is two wires. Those go to the servo motor and on the Kyosho board they are black and red. On the Firelap boards I believe they are also red and black. Like all motors for these cars if you switch those leads then the motor will turn the other direction on the transmitter.

Is the Kyosho a newer mr-01 or mr-02?

The KT-2 I believe is the transmitter that has the servo reverse on it. You are better off switching the wires on the board.

-Byebye

easy
2005.10.05, 09:34 PM
Hi fellows,

there are 2 switches on the Iwaver controller to reverse the direction of the throttle and the steering. They are on top of the Iwaver controler or in your case Firelap in front of the power switch.

You just need to change the position of the one that controls the steering. For some reason known only to the folks at Iwaver the 04 steering is reversed compared with the kyosho cars and other Iwaver models.

There is no need to resolder anything.

DM

byebye
2005.10.05, 09:41 PM
Hi fellows,

there are 2 switches on the Iwaver controller to reverse the direction of the throttle and the steering. They are on top of the Iwaver controler or in your case Firelap in front of the power switch.

You just need to change the position of the one that controls the steering. For some reason known only to the folks at Iwaver the 04 steering is reversed compared with the kyosho cars and other Iwaver models.

There is no need to resolder anything.

DM

I'm glad you caught that. There was so many people asking this same question when the iwaver 01 came out and that was the solution in order to run the iwaver using the kyosho transmitter.

I don't own either transmitter used for the firelap 04 or the iwaver but if it's the new one then according to DM you should be able to do it on the transmitter and should also be able to use the same transmitter for the Kyosho car.

-Byebye

leo
2005.10.05, 10:44 PM
I havn't got the transmitter with me its at home, but soon as I finish work I will try your advise. I do however recall seeing two like little hole things next to the power switch on the transmitter. So your advising somehow there are two little things there which I just have to move. well the one one for the steering.

thanks alot.....hope it works.