PDA

View Full Version : The time has to come to sell your mini truck!!! The Mini LST is here!!!

SonicFury
2005.10.06, 01:28 PM
Lately there has been a nice increase in new RC products and this one BY FAR is the coolest (for me anyways)!!! This is a mini version of the Team Losi 1/8 LST which is one of the best nitro trucks money can buy. Now check out these specs!!!

-DUAL motors and DUAL servos
-Synthesized FM radio system
-4WD
-Huge oil filled shocks
-3 slipper protected differentials
-Completly sealed gears
-High output ESC
-BEST PART... $200 and RTR :eek:

Extra notes... The chassis is already set up to easily swap in a Mamba in place of the dual motors, mini-t parts will be cross compatible, this truck has been test-dropped 6 stories and all that broke was the front shock tower and a steering linkage popped off.

My 18T just may be going bye-bye for this beast!!! It's mine I must have!!!

Great Chassis Pic (http://www.teamlosi.com/kits/detail/mini-lst/full-overhead-chassis.jpg)
For videos, wallpapers, more info, and more pictures, go to TeamLosi.com! (www.teamlosi.com)

bolter9
2005.10.06, 01:46 PM
Feck. I just bought an RC18MT two weeks ago

SonicFury
2005.10.06, 05:35 PM
LOL that's right! Start saving your money or find someone who wants your MT I guess :)

will3kgt
2005.10.06, 11:46 PM
Don't get rid of your 18t! Just buy the new truck.

SonicFury
2005.10.07, 12:43 AM
Sorry Will, unless I get a job soon it has to be done. If I wanted to bring my 18T to the MLST's caliber, I'd be looking at a minum of an extra $170. I can sell my 18T minus the Mamba and have an extra $100 to put towards it... that's half way with an included Mamba Comp-X BL package :)

herman
2005.10.07, 05:51 AM
sonamagun..... looks like losi's created a whole new class... leaving associated and xray's trucks behind.... :D :eek: :D

SonicFury
2005.10.07, 09:52 AM
They did the same thing with the LST and Mini-T it doesn't suprise me that they did it again. And yes lol XRAY came in with their M18T as the WRONG time lol!

TNB
2005.10.07, 11:05 AM
Extra notes... The chassis is already set up to easily swap in a Mamba in place of the dual motors
As hot as the Mamba-25 package motors get in the Kyosho Mini-Inferno, I'd anticipate a single CM will also get hot and if it requires two, then I'd anticipate that a single Mamba-25 speed control would get hot. For the price of a Mamba-25 package and an extra motor, I'd probably prefer a Novak 540 brushless system which should just drop into the CEN Mini-Madness since it ships stock with a 540 motor.

Xray also has an 1/18th scale mini-nitro which Losi does not or most anyone else for that matter at this time. Consequently, if it is based on the M18, it shouldn't take much to convert it into an M18T.

SonicFury
2005.10.07, 09:28 PM
As hot as the Mamba-25 package motors get in the Kyosho Mini-Inferno, I'd anticipate a single CM will also get hot and if it requires two, then I'd anticipate that a single Mamba-25 speed control would get hot. For the price of a Mamba-25 package and an extra motor, I'd probably prefer a Novak 540 brushless system which should just drop into the CEN Mini-Madness since it ships stock with a 540 motor.

Xray also has an 1/18th scale mini-nitro which Losi does not or most anyone else for that matter at this time. Consequently, if it is based on the M18, it shouldn't take much to convert it into an M18T.

A single Mamba should be lethal in this truck and will be easily installed. You do also bring up two very good points. A Novak CEN and N18T truck are def. possibilties and serious threats to a Mamba MLST. From my point of view the Mini-Madness doesn't have the build to handle a Novak brushless. The MLST like the 18T has that nice low wide stance and they can keep up with the brushless power in the handling district. An N18T truck conversion would really be cool. It then comes down to the electric-nitro battle and I'd take the MLST still simply because of it's abundance of features such as dual servos, dual deck chassis and triple slipper diffs. These are just my opinions... you had some good points but I'm going to stay true to the MLST.

G-Class
2005.10.26, 03:06 PM
This truck looks awesome. When is the release date?

SonicFury
2005.10.26, 03:22 PM
This Christmas :)

TNB
2005.10.26, 03:33 PM
By the way, I spoke to one of the CEN factory drivers about putting a brushless in a Mini-Madness. Although it doesn't come stock with oil shocks, I purchased a Mini-Madness anyway since it was only $100. I also have a new AON motor to drop in--larger than the 4900 used in Kyosho Mini-Infernos and RC18Ts, but I'm debating on the speed control. Actually, I am in no hurry to drop it in since the CEN wheelied just fine up grass inclines. I also checked out the MLST, but its just too bad I couldn't drive it on the stunt track to really see how much punishment it could handle. However, I am in no hurry for that one since I'm really not too keen on the idea of two 370s--perhaps, after a conversion comes out. Then again, I bought a lot of other toys this past weekend in addition to the CEN as well--boats, heli, Spektrum system and extra receiver, body, option parts, replace parts, etc.

markiiu
2005.10.26, 10:28 PM
This Christmas :)
Nope, my Lhs gets them in on November 10th! :p I just hope Davemud doesn't buy all of them... ;)

-Markiiu :cool: