PDA

View Full Version : Drifting the x-mod

byebye
2005.10.10, 05:04 PM
Okay if you haven't seen it already I posted it in my x=mod w/mini-z pcb thread and forgot there was a Videos forum. Anyway I'll post it again so it's easier to find.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album477/Skyline_x_mod_vid_0001.wmv

-Byebye

HammerZ
2005.10.10, 05:26 PM
I like the music track, but I can't figure out who it is.

byebye
2005.10.10, 05:29 PM
techno hits volume 26 Bass T-power. There will be more vids with that type of music. Gets the racing juices flowing! I need a better camera which will add to the already exciting video.

-Byebye

herman
2005.10.11, 12:07 AM
cool vid...
how's the steering on that thing?

byebye
2005.10.11, 03:36 AM
cool vid...
how's the steering on that thing?

It's decent. The turning radius is usable for racing say stock class. Anything faster and you'll flip. On another similar project I sanded the center part of the x-mod wheel down and put some old gpm rear tires on. Without realizing it the tire kept slipping because thats what keeps a xmod tire on. Anyway, I have more wheels to work with.

Before I had the body I ran it and it was pretty good. Not a speed demon around the track but it worked on xmod hard tires. I plan on doing 2 more projects and sending them back to arch2b.

With tape on the tires it drifts well. If you practice enough you can get around the track pretty quick even drifting. I think thats what's fun about it, being in complete control of an out of control situation.

-Byebye