PDA

View Full Version : BMW Cop

byebye
2005.10.10, 05:14 PM
Here is another video I made this evening. I saw these mouth flashers at Hamley's toy store and never bought one. I had the holiday off and went with the wife and bouht one. I should have listened to her and bought two. They are ~5.99 or ~$10 each. It's rubber and easy to cut open. I already had the light bar that arch2b sourced and I used an old Team z46 bmw car as the cop. This will make the 3rd bmw cop car I've seen on the net.

The flasher kit is very good. I had a cheapo dingball light set that malfunctioned and used the leds from it. At one point I actually had the flasher unit on both the red and blue on the unit and the extra light in the front and rear. it looked really good. I started to remove the blue LED when I pulled too hard and pulled the pad. I then could only use it to control two sets of lights.

I'll have the wife go again tomorrow and pick up a couple more and see what else I can chop up.

BMW cop (http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album477/BMW_cop.wmv)

-Byebye

HammerZ
2005.10.10, 05:25 PM
Another cool video.

byebye
2005.10.10, 05:31 PM
THANKS! I hope to do another maybe pace car or just get the lights going for cheap. It's a fun project I think anyone can do.

-byebye

arch2b
2005.10.10, 06:00 PM
pretty cool :p

saiyan
2005.10.11, 03:37 PM
Okay, that looks awsome. I'm gonna have to talk to the wife about getting a digital cam corder. :cool:

byebye
2005.10.11, 04:42 PM
Okay, that looks awsome. I'm gonna have to talk to the wife about getting a digital cam corder. :cool:

I've been looking at this http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/search_getprod.php?masterid=11262585&search=JVC+20+gb+Digital+camcorder. I think it's about $600 on base. I have a vhs-c but the quality after transfer is not that great. Also video size to capture quality goes up and I try to make the videos DL friendly.

I think I'm going to paint this one and do another with a single red led on the driverside roof and do the flashing headlights and tail lights.

Arch2b got the light bar from chimneyville hobbies I think.

-byebye