PDA

View Full Version : Brushless motor

Larry23
2005.10.11, 06:23 AM
Does anybody know where i can buy a brushless motor for a IW02?

byebye
2005.10.11, 07:55 AM
I think you can buy a pn motor mount and use a small brushless motor. I'm not real familiar with brushless motors. The pn motor mount is a screw mount type.

-Byebye

azzachaz
2005.10.11, 11:10 PM
You would need to have a brushless ESC as well.

byebye
2005.10.12, 01:49 AM
You would need to have a brushless ESC as well.

I guess the real question is what electronics is need to run a brushless motor? If it can be hooked up like a normal motor then why can't a mini-z esc work? Like I said before I'm not real familiar with brushless stuff.

-Byebye

Larry23
2005.10.12, 06:11 AM
I guess the real question is what electronics is need to run a brushless motor? If it can be hooked up like a normal motor then why can't a mini-z esc work? Like I said before I'm not real familiar with brushless stuff.

-Byebye

Can i have a list of things i would need to setup a brushless motor in iwaver

azzachaz
2005.10.12, 07:01 PM
Brushless motors require a brushless ESC to operate.

Brushless motors use 3 connection rather than 2 becasue they have a sensor connection.

You would need:

A brushless motor
A brushless ESC
Some way of operating the ESC from the iWaver receiver.
If you added a micro receiver of your own you would then need to find a way to operate the servo from that receiver

This will all become much easier when the iWavers have seperate servo's

I did actually fit a Mamba 6800 and ESC to my 02, but fell short at actually controlling it with the iWaver's reciever.

Dont worry, I have spent a lot of time pondering over the possibilities but am now waitind for the new 02 to arrive because that will make life a lot easier for these things :)

Larry23
2005.10.13, 05:49 AM
Thanks a lot for the list but does anybody know where i could buy these parts from? Good thing im getting the new 02 soon. :cool:

Larry23
2005.10.13, 06:35 AM
And can i just make a motor brushless or do i have to buy a new motor?

azzachaz
2005.10.14, 12:58 AM
No, brushless technology it totally different.

Bishop Power Products have a range of brushless systems, and Li-Po batteries which you may need to handle the current requirments.

Draconious
2005.10.14, 06:46 AM
next hell ask, how to do it under 10$...

only brushless equipment that I know of that will fit under a mini-z body and still have the mini-z chassis... would be some of the brshless micro indoor aircraft components... and your looking at a 20-60$ reciever, a 20-60$ speed control, a 30-70$ motor... a few bucks for servo parts...

you would need to totaly remove all of the mini-z electronics, and replace it the brushless stuff in micro aircraft... and even this wont work so great since aircraft dont use reverse... their batteries cut power sooner so it can land before going dead... and the channels and frequencies are for aircraft and im sure some one would get kinda pissed if you turned on your radio and shot down, caused to crash, a 10,000$ plane at the flying field down the steet... lol.

Larry23
2005.10.14, 06:59 AM
the new I waver 02 has brakes so i don't think that would be a big problem.

byebye
2005.10.14, 10:01 AM
the new I waver 02 has brakes so i don't think that would be a big problem.

I'd think by now you understand that it's not an easy task. You would be better off using a regular motor and save yourself the trouble. Unless you are going for some kind of 1/28th scale land speed record you would be fine running an x-speed.

Whats the brushless for anyway?

-Byebye

Larry23
2005.10.14, 03:24 PM
A bruhsless motor is a lot of work i understand but my iwaver would be sooooooo fast but im thinkin of gettin the X Speed motor and put the FET's on it, does anybody know how fast it would be but if i could get enough information to get a brushless i'll get it

Wedginator
2005.10.15, 11:28 AM
Larry23: Brushless technology uses a different type of ESC. The electrical pulses to a brushless motor are completely different from a regular brushed motor. Yea, it'll be fast, but you gotta do it rite. You just can't slap on a brushless motor to the original ESC and expect it to work. If you want to go brushless, the first thing you should be doing is finding a suitable ESC before anything else. You'll need something small. ESC's that go on planes would work fine. Then you'll have to find a receiver small enough plus a servo. Cuz obviously, the stock equipment will not fit anymore. If you still want to go brushless, I would suggest going to your hobby store and ask around.

An X-Speed with FETs is ok. But it won't go crazy fast. You'll need something better than an X-Speed.

Larry23
2005.10.15, 08:14 PM
What is a good motor to buy?

byebye
2005.10.15, 08:23 PM
You can always try searching

-Byebye

Wedginator
2005.10.15, 08:47 PM
NML motors are good... Atomic motors are good, minizworkshop motors are good...

if your don't know what those motors are, do a search... cuz it's been discussed over and over again...

azzachaz
2005.10.16, 09:01 PM
You can always try searching

-Byebye

lol, I always think if you have trouble even finding the parts you're going to have trouble building it.

Brushless for a iWaver is totally overkill. As said before, the car would only be a dyno queen and you will have to spend big bucks to get it working.