PDA

View Full Version : Lipo battery for the F1

Bathala
2005.10.11, 10:15 PM
Is there? any battery that you can use? or how can you make it insanely fast but still controllable?

TNX

williams F1#3
2005.10.12, 02:21 PM
Is there? any battery that you can use? or how can you make it insanely fast but still controllable?

TNX
F1's are known to be very fast with only an xspeed, bearings, tires and a ball diff. I'm sure you could stack fets and use a hot motor if you are in search for that much speed, but with the F1's, lithuims just are'nt neccisary.

HammerZ
2005.10.12, 04:30 PM
I don't have an F1 car but I still wonder where will the Lipo cells go on it? I don't think it would fit the battery area, and look funny on top of the body.

After thinking for a moment you can tape them to the sides so it look's like rocket boosters.

Ibrake Ifry
2005.10.12, 08:31 PM
this pack might fit with some modification?
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1228
looking at the dimensions the 1/2 inch thickness of the pack might be hard since the average diameter for a battery is .4 inches and length being 2 inches the pack might be too long since the average length for a aaa battery is 1.7 inches

just a note...that F1 would be super fast with lipos! like almost uncontrollable!

Draconious
2005.10.13, 01:32 AM
lipo cells are not cylindrical...

As long as you can adjust your electronics to use either 3.6 or 7.2 volts... (either one or 2 cells) you can do it..

Find a small mini Lipo cell that will is about 4AAA wide, and 1AAA long, and abou thalf an AAA diameter thick... (so u can fit 2) and then carve the battery bay open remove the springs... it should fit... just a matter of paying more for a custom size...

The question is why would u want too?
the MAH wont be all tha tmuch higher... they are dangerous if you over-amp them.. and if you do over amp them you can usualy only get about 50-100 uses out of them...

It could possibly be liter I guess...

NIMH is still better for the Mini-Z...
I have however converted to Lipo in my RC Plane ;)

blakmoose1234
2005.10.15, 08:20 AM
if you try this you might want to get some spare electronics of ******.com (R c M a R t) and a V2 Board from **********.com ( A t O m I c M o D s).