PDA

View Full Version : kyosho awd ma-01 official video

herman
2005.10.13, 05:05 AM
the video is out!!!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download/movie/2005prshow/qt/mini-z.mov
(quicktime)

there's a window's media player version on the site below...

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/download/movie/2005prshow/miniz-j.html

enjoy!!!... :D

byebye
2005.10.13, 06:14 AM
It's a beautiful thing. I'm set on drifting and racing this thing. I've already lined up a few bodies. You can bet I'll have drifiting and racing video.

-Byebye

kurtmeyer69
2005.10.13, 08:41 AM
sweet! damn i cannot wait!

saiyan
2005.10.13, 11:08 AM
:D Great video with good production. :eek: The drifting was awsome! I'm definately excited about the new AWD chassis. And did you guys see the new :D :eek: Ferrari 430!!! :eek: :D I knew they would be releasing it soon ;) . I also gotta get me the BMW Mini cooper body as well. The guys they got controling those cars are pretty good to be racing that close with out touching each other on such a narrow track.

The problem now is trying to descide between the white and the gunmetal R34s, though i'm leaning towards the white one. :cool:

HammerZ
2005.10.13, 01:54 PM
This has me pumped for the AWD set.

byebye
2005.10.13, 03:25 PM
For those of you who have not had a chance to drift this scale it's a blast! I know there are plenty of people that have drifted x-mods and for me it's the only reason to have one. From the video it looks to be much easier to control. I do believe they are on stock tires as well. I also think the key to drifting is matching wheel widths. I have yet to try it with a rwd but I will. I just can't wait!!!

-Byebye

saiyan
2005.10.13, 03:53 PM
I think the the K esc has a smoother progression then the x-mod. Atleast that's how it felt to me when i test drove some one else's x-mod. It was fun to drive it, just didn't seem as cool as the Z cars. But as i've said befor, i would consider owning an x-mod just for drifting and the civic body. BUT, i'm glad i procrastinated and can now get the MA010.

byebye
2005.10.13, 03:57 PM
With the Mini-z PCB the x-mod is much more predictable. The Gen 1x-mod ESC is just to slow and the stock steering is horrible.

The MA-010 is going to be a huge improvement and I think will become a great racer is due time.

-Byebye

HammerZ
2005.10.13, 04:17 PM
I think in this video they used two different tires, in one part you see the AWD sticking to the track, and in another part you see the drifting. And it look's like the same track was used for both. And if this is anything like the Monster video I am really looking forward to the release date for the AWD sets.

TazTazergun
2005.10.19, 09:57 PM
I want an awd mini-z bad now because of the whole drift thing to it thats amazing! :eek:

HammerZ
2005.10.19, 10:34 PM
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=284

Hit this, drop your five bucks, and get in line with the rest of us.

byebye
2005.10.20, 02:57 AM
I think in this video they used two different tires, in one part you see the AWD sticking to the track, and in another part you see the drifting. And it look's like the same track was used for both. And if this is anything like the Monster video I am really looking forward to the release date for the AWD sets.

They did and Kyosho is selling drift tires! I wonder how well it will drift with different offset widths? You can get the drift tires in sets of 4 both in 8mm and 11.5mm. Basically wide and narrow. They use the narrow on the kyosho ma-010 vids. Surface will also play a roll. I wonder how many people will pull out the stock ASC tires and run those outside?

-Byebye

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.20, 08:28 AM
anyone know what kind of surface that was in the video... I liked that track.. nice and clean. Very professional.

byebye
2005.10.20, 08:35 AM
It looks to be the typical grey felt. Good for video. It makes me want to make a new track!

-Byebye

fluffydawg
2005.10.23, 01:19 AM
is there any prices that have been thrown around yet. on a side note all those discussions about being able to drift or not drift with Z's will now come to an end with these new ones. I haven't seen a vid that was looking that good for drifting. although hard to do with only 2wd.

saiyan
2005.10.23, 01:30 AM
If you click on the link for pre-orders in byebye's signature you'll see some pricing for the chassis and ready sets.

byebye
2005.10.23, 02:21 AM
Manufacturer prices are $159.99 for the RTR and $129.99 for the chassis set.

You can pre-order from the shop at this link:
http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=284&catexp=284

(when the shop is back online :) )
-Byebye

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.24, 05:02 PM
Now that they are releasing the AWD Mini-z I think that they should re-release the Initial D bodies. I have them but they are shelf queens... I want another AE86, FC, and FD... Oh yeah, and I want them for less than an arm and a leg. :)

byebye
2005.10.24, 05:05 PM
Now that they are releasing the AWD Mini-z I think that they should re-release the Initial D bodies. I have them but they are shelf queens... I want another AE86, FC, and FD... Oh yeah, and I want them for less than an arm and a leg. :)

If the shop doesn't doesn't get a re-stock of the old ones then try Ebay. I do imagine the shop will get the new white bodies coming out. They are coming out with an AE86 white body and several other mr-01's.

-Byebye

arch2b
2005.10.24, 06:43 PM
the id bodies have been re-released... for some time now. the shop had many of the rtr's with a select few asc's. they are just one of those things that you have to snap up when you can :p i too have a full set of shelf queens :cool:

saiyan
2005.10.25, 10:33 AM
Ya i think the Initial D bodies will be a hot item when the AWD comes out. I'm looking to get a set as well befor they are hard to find again.

fluffydawg
2005.11.04, 12:37 AM
When is the actual release date on the awd mini's?, never mind found it on the tinyrc order page

HammerZ
2005.11.04, 01:13 AM
The shops release date is Dec 1st, and I have seen a few other places list it as Dec 6th or so. There are enough of us here singing "I've got a golden ticket" as it is.

chemman14
2005.12.06, 07:24 PM
where can i find the monster video???

Twenty-Se7en
2005.12.07, 08:44 PM
www.kyosho.com -> mini-z -> videos ... there are two official monster vids