PDA

View Full Version : My Race Enzo

PaulBoth
2005.10.14, 06:06 PM
Hey,

Just thought I would post a few pics of my recently repainted Enzo body. Painted using MetalCast Blue Chrome... I used there ground coat paint and then covered with their ceramic clearcoat. Took just over a week, but the finish came out pretty good ~ at least I think so! ;)

Three Quarter View (http://www3.sympatico.ca/paul.both/3qtr_view.jpg)

Nose Down View (http://www3.sympatico.ca/paul.both/Nose_view.jpg)

PB

Ninja
2005.10.14, 07:24 PM
very nice, i had mine painted that exact same color, same process too, but mine got all chipped up within a couple weeks, so now it is competition orange :D

lfisminiz
2005.10.16, 08:57 PM
Looks good. Good color. Always like the dish rims. Throw some decals/ graphics on yet.

PaulBoth
2005.10.17, 09:02 AM
Thanks...

Yeah, it's already got some race damage as my car control is quite lacking.

I was thinking about it, but I figure this is going to be my learning body... (or so the theory goes in my head.) Then I will pick up a new body...

When you repainted over top, did you strip it down again, or just go right over top???

PB

Ninja
2005.10.17, 11:58 AM
i sanded it down in the rough areas quite a bit, so that it was all smooth again where the chips used to be

Lionblade
2005.10.17, 10:18 PM
I really do dislike dish rims...but I love the color. Shame that's a learner body, it would be great to use for a long time.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.17, 11:44 PM
That is a great racing Z... love the color, not many cars out there that color... I was never a big fan of the dish style rims, but for racing they are perfect. If it were my Z I would put the lights back in the front and black them out to fit the ride. Excellent car... very nice.

PaulBoth
2005.10.18, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I love the blue and it is unique at the track... It didn't survive very long as there is one wall on the track that is just painted concrete block. But that's okay... with the three can's that I bought, I can paint three more car's that colour and still have a little left. I was thinking about getting a raw enzo body and painting it from scratch, but then using that gel clear coat over top... We will see though.

As for putting the front lights in, one of them got lost, so I only have one otherwise they would already be installed. I'm thinking about carving out the backer and then gluing it in.

I'm going to have to drill a hole in the back window though, as I picked up a kyosho shock and am going to mount it on top of my atomic plate.

PB

P.s. The dish aren't my favourite either, but they stay round longer and are much cheaper than stock wheels.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.19, 11:30 PM
I hear you on the dish rims... they keep their shape a lot onger than a stock wheel and most aftermarket wheels are aluminum and are heavy ... a little too heavy for serious competitive racing.

Ouch on the concrete railing ... that is brutal, a real car killer.

PaulBoth
2005.10.20, 12:28 PM
Ouch on the concrete railing ... that is brutal, a real car killer.

Only if you can't drive in a straight line at full throttle!!! ;)

PB

P.s. My Helios is now in at the LHS, so now I'll be able to drive straight!!! :D

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.20, 08:55 PM
Feel the pain for the people with the stock differential trying to gun it when it pulls a left into the wall...

cool, take some pictures.