2005.10.17, 05:26 PM
Pro-Z Pocket Knife TCZ 4WD (Touring Car Z) ProtoType

can run up to
11 2/3 AAA cells
2 Li-Ion AA Cells
5 regular AAA cells
or Twin motors Li-Ion set up

www.pro-z.com/tcz/

Looks cool. Have yet to see the 2/3 aaa's. There has been alot of work similar to yours. Any video for show and tell?

-Byebye

byebye
2005.10.17, 05:39 PM
Pro-Z Pocket Knife TCZ 4WD (Touring Car Z) ProtoType

can run up to
11 2/3 AAA cells
2 Li-Ion AA Cells
5 regular AAA cells
or Twin motors Li-Ion set up

www.pro-z.com/tcz/

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5706&page=42&pp=30&highlight=Pro-z

-Byebye

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.17, 06:04 PM
You can find 2/3 AAA from alot of the specialty battery web sites online

To be honest i haven't seen any 28th scales quite like mine i have seen some very flawed 4wd designs. The Kyosho awd however looks promising, only a bit top heavy.

I have been sitting on this design since last summer when i raced in the Radio Shack XRL. It looks finally like there will be a 4wd class worth racing thanks to Kyosho.

briankstan
2005.10.17, 06:32 PM
so before you start pushing your new product. did you get all the others that have been waiting almost a year for their stuff taken care of?

arch2b
2005.10.17, 06:34 PM
in all fairness, he has not mentioned selling this one. lets not drag business from other threads into this one please.

briankstan
2005.10.17, 06:42 PM
in all fairness, he has not mentioned selling this one. lets not drag business from other threads into this one please.

this is true. I would just hate for someone else to get dragging into it, by visiting his site and seeing what he has available, Especially since he is using mini-zracer to promote his products.

If he has made good on his outstanding orders, than I sincerly apoligize, and commend him on trying to mend his tarnished reputation.

I did go look at the design. it looks promising. I do like some of the other products that he is making. very interesting designs. I can see why so many have been interested in the Pro-z.

Hammer
2005.10.17, 07:47 PM
lets not drag business from other threads into this one please.Just my personal opinion! If he did not fulfill his commitments on previous threads, why would anyone trust him now?

arch2b
2005.10.17, 07:53 PM
again, he has not mentioned selling in this thread so it's a mute point

up till now he's just posting his design. i would not suggest him posting sales info here given his past track record but i'm fine with discussions on a custom chassis design and development as you all should be as well.

HammerZ
2005.10.17, 08:02 PM
Even though it look's more gen 1 Xmods than Mini Z, I like the rear suspension idea.

briankstan
2005.10.17, 09:16 PM
Even though it look's more gen 1 Xmods than Mini Z, I like the rear suspension idea.

I know that the drive mechanism is from a gen 1 xmod, i assume that the board is from a mini-z. I do like the design and layout that he has put together along with the CF chassis.

briankstan
2005.10.17, 09:20 PM
I'm courious if you were able to fix the slop in the wheels when using the xmod drive system. were you able to solve it with better machined parts? I know that the bearning kits provided by radio shac fix it a little.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.17, 09:20 PM
the only thing from an xmod is the gears and there will be no kyosho electronics only aftermarket high end.

briankstan
2005.10.17, 09:25 PM
the only thing from an xmod is the gears and there will be no kyosho electronics only aftermarket high end.

how does that work with the 2 motors. is one for the front and one for the back, or do they run the same gear together? that should provide lots of power. and torque.

do you have any video of a completed unit? i would like to see it run.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.17, 09:31 PM
the upper arms are channeled to move freely up and down on purpose. held by the chassis there is always play but under load there is none . I built in 3 degrees front castor and 1.5 degrees camber rear has 1 degree castor and 1 degree rear toe in. the castor will be adjustable

Twin motors are shown mounted, they both drive the spur gear in the pic they are shown with 17 tooth pinions I havn't finished a Twin motor car yet But it should be sick. 2wd will still be a better race car. I just wanted to build something to bash around with the K car.

arch2b
2005.10.17, 10:09 PM
it looks like you could have some fun with it :) i'm with brian, i'd like to see runing video ;)

arch2b
2005.10.17, 10:21 PM
i don't know much about awd systems but wouldn't the dtm stuff work better than modifed xmods?

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.17, 11:06 PM
i have never used the DTM but the key to a good drive train is to be free spinning proper mesh and light weight. Light is the most important. Combined with proper suspention geometry, low center of gravity and common sence the TCZ will work just fine.

Imagine a line across the car from front wheel nut to rear wheel nut . Thats the line of good weight low and bad weight above. weight above the line is only good for traction rolling

gulfclk
2005.10.18, 12:42 AM
Been there, done that! There's nothing new to this. But for a funny reason, people are now jumpin' on it!

I've posted some pictures of my chassis with exactly the same layout some months ago in the 'the ultimate drifter' thread.

Nice copy!

byebye
2005.10.18, 02:17 AM
i have never used the DTM but the key to a good drive train is to be free spinning proper mesh and light weight. Light is the most important. Combined with proper suspention geometry, low center of gravity and common sence the TCZ will work just fine.

Imagine a line across the car from front wheel nut to rear wheel nut . Thats the line of good weight low and bad weight above. weight above the line is only good for traction rolling

Did you try going with dual motors 1 front and 1 rear? I like the idea with the rear suspension as well. Have you been drifting it? How well and with what kind of setup? How does it do around the track?

I know the ma-010 isn't out yet but I would love to see a comparison of your design against Kyoshos. In fact I would like to see a comparo of all these new CF designs against K's.

pro-z don't keep us hangin man! Keep up the good work!

-Byebye

arch2b
2005.10.18, 05:06 AM
isn't there going to be some lag between motors in a sual motor setup? afterall, no two are exactly alike...even mass production motors.

while the general setup itself is not terribly different from others, such as the xmods and gulf's and others, the dual motor is interesting. the cg looks to be very good as well. not sure how well the weight balance is but the bulk of it appears to be below the top of the wheels

i for one like to encourage as much development as possible, regardless who it's done by.... more ideas = better cars :)

gulfclk
2005.10.18, 05:38 AM
I'm still looking for the 2 motor reason ... torque? If you would do this for drifting, there's no reason. I used the S03 on my drifter and I had to get back to an original motor with neo magnets and 3x2 Fet towers because the wheels could not get enough grip to get the car rolling. Dual motors would make that problem worse.
Secondly, dual motors is dual power consumption, so runtimes would be almost half as well. Taking away the punch immideately, ...

I don't see the benefit of this, but perhaps I missed something ....

byebye
2005.10.18, 09:24 AM
I agree with you gulfclk. The dual motor setup immediatly made me think of torque only which is why I raised the question of running individual motors for front and rear. It almost looks doable. I'm still curios of the setup for drifting. There are many different tire setups and I really want to know what the alternative would be to vinyl electrical tape.

Kyosho is releasing a drift tire. I can only speculate its plastic molded to the same size and shape as a reg. rubber tire. Is it possible to make a mini-z to x-mod wheels adapter? Will K ma-010 wheels be compatible with x-mods wheels?

-Byebye

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.18, 12:02 PM
gulfclk - I just checked out your car very nice and similar layout. Looks like you did the same as i and used common sence in your design. But it's the first i have seen of it.

The Twin motor is just an option and you just need 2 of the same motor theres plenty of goofy moster trucks with twin motor nothing new. they will just share the load. I have 2 19 tooth pinions on both motors it should have incredible top end. I wouldn't recamend using it for racing Just an option.

Me personally i hate drifting A big excuse to make ill handling cars. I want something hooked up and fast. While the drifting k cars are spinning there wheels i'll just motor on by.

machine
2005.10.18, 12:16 PM
If you want to drift, try battery shrink tube over the tires. slides better than tape.

The chassis setup looks cool, but the Xmod wheels have a ton of slop in them. and a stiffer chassis will only emphsise (sp?) the problems.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.18, 12:47 PM
the wheels have no slop maybe you thinking the channeled upper arm. 4wd chasssi cannot be a flexy flyer and work well No interest in drifting but xmod does have some tires just for drifting theirvery hard

byebye
2005.10.18, 01:13 PM
What machine is pointing out is one of many x-mods design flaws. There is alot of slop in the wheels and we are wondering what you have done to remove most if not all of it?

-Byebye

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.18, 02:30 PM
on the wheels them selves i just added a few mini z rear axle crush washers so that there tight and spin freely

Not shown in the current set of pics i also have stand up motor mounts to use small pinions the lay down motor mount are just for pinions 15 tooth to 22 tooth . I'll add some more pics and video this week. Racing at TC hobbies RCP track this thursday.

The TCZ is 98 mm wheelbase if anyone was wondering

byebye
2005.10.18, 02:59 PM
on the wheels them selves i just added a few mini z rear axle crush washers so that there tight and spin freely

Not shown in the current set of pics i also have stand up motor mounts to use small pinions the lay down motor mount are just for pinions 15 tooth to 22 tooth . I'll add some more pics and video this week. Racing at TC hobbies RCP track this thursday.

The TCZ is 98 mm wheelbase if anyone was wondering

Actually I was wondering. I'm sure we all look forward to some track video. I don't think any track or racing video has been posted of these new 4wd cf chassis. I'd like to see it.

I'll have to try the washer mod on my x-mod. I'm not sure if you've read but several people for some time now have been putting mini-z and iwaver esc's in xmods chassis. It works but your still dealing with the x-mod chassis and design hickups. So you can see the interest it brings whenever a cf 4wd chassis comes up and uses x-mods parts.

With the proper tools and hardware whats the build time? I've seen on this site and others where people are making thier own CF parts. What would someone who wants to take the hobby to the next level be looking for?

THANKS!

-Byebye

beanoman
2005.10.18, 04:10 PM
Using bearings and gpm aluminum parts takes out a huge amount of slop. I would imagine something like what proz made is quite rigid.

beano

HammerZ
2005.10.18, 05:48 PM
I have put the GPM "core" parts on my Xmods gen 1 car, and there is a big difference in the way it runs. They do help out alot far as lining the driveline parts up so that it transfers power better.

gulfclk
2005.10.19, 03:59 AM
gulfclk - I just checked out your car very nice and similar layout. Looks like you did the same as i and used common sence in your design. But it's the first i have seen of it.

The Twin motor is just an option and you just need 2 of the same motor theres plenty of goofy moster trucks with twin motor nothing new. they will just share the load. I have 2 19 tooth pinions on both motors it should have incredible top end. I wouldn't recamend using it for racing Just an option.

Me personally i hate drifting A big excuse to make ill handling cars. I want something hooked up and fast. While the drifting k cars are spinning there wheels i'll just motor on by.

mmm, that makes sence for the dual motor setup then. Perhaps you should look into the possibility of instaling a standard Micro RS4 motor or a 380 series motor. I tried on my chassis and it worked fine.

Another hint ... try mounting 1/24th scale bodies. The only thing that will change is the central shaft length ... bodies will be sooooo much lighter and the handling will improve a lot because of the longer wheelbase.

byebye
2005.10.19, 05:42 AM
Another hint ... try mounting 1/24th scale bodies. The only thing that will change is the central shaft length ... bodies will be sooooo much lighter and the handling will improve a lot because of the longer wheelbase.

How much lighter? With the amount of power even from a single SO3 I don't think the weight of 10-15 grams will make a significant difference. I think body design will be more important than anything.

Where's the tack video guys? Does anyone plan on shooting this weekend?

-Byebye

machine
2005.10.19, 09:47 AM
From experience lexan bodies are a totally different ball game. Changes the car quite a bit, at least for me. I like the look of the electronic placement, low and you can spread it out evenly. Makes for increased cornering and better stability coming out of a corner.

I've been humming and hawing about getting a aftermarket chassis for an open mod class, the pro-z's look well thought out but the press....

Hope things improve. Lets see that video.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.19, 11:01 AM
The TCZ is 98 mm wheelbase so far only mounted the Enzo and and lambo mucialago
I'm using a mini x lexan supra body this week

byebye
2005.10.19, 11:34 AM
The TCZ is 98 mm wheelbase so far only mounted the Enzo and and lambo mucialago
I'm using a mini x lexan supra body this week

I would like to see the Murcielago mounted since it is a true awd car. Running lexan would be far lighter than the Murcie which weighs ~40 grams.

-Byebye

machine
2005.10.19, 01:23 PM
If i had a much body i could form 1. But alas, i don't and the forming kills the autoscale bodies.
:(

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.22, 03:21 PM
heres some piucs with a lexan body mounted and built with a regular size receiver

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.26, 02:56 PM
a few more pics and i put it on a scale rtr

ruf
2005.10.26, 03:09 PM
Not a Supra. RX-7.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.26, 03:16 PM
yup you got it ruf you ever finish your 4wd project you were talking about? I ran mine last week but i needed a spool front diff with the tires i had. i mounted some sticky rear rubber and made a limited slip and a spool to try it this week. SO3 has a lot HP for rcp tracks

ruf
2005.10.26, 04:03 PM
I never did a 4wd. I do still have a 2wd that's 80% through testing but has been backburnered so that we can prep for the PN Finals. I will be developing a 4wd chassis based on the MA010 soon.

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.26, 08:30 PM
not too pretty ... that's a shame

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.26, 08:46 PM
LOL who wants pretty. It just my old paint job from 12th scale

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.26, 09:13 PM
I didn't mean it as a really bad thing... hell anyone who races a pro-z is hardcore speed and handling, not looks. Hope you didn't take it the wrong way

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.26, 09:37 PM
not at all i hope to have a decent video tomorrow, last week was a waste with the stock x mod tires and a so3.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.10.28, 04:08 PM
updated with a short video clip it's not perfect but for a prototype it goes good. 4 cell AAA with one SO3

www.pro-z.com/tcz/

akura2
2005.10.29, 02:36 PM
dam! :eek:

lookinco
2005.11.12, 08:09 PM
Nice video! Just an off topic question. How many sets of RCP track does it take to build a track like yours? How much space does it take? I only have a 14' x 12' area and don't know which one to get.

Hammer
2005.11.12, 09:31 PM
Looks to me like it's made of two Wide-L's. :D

Pro-Z Racing
2005.11.12, 10:25 PM
The Track is CrottysCustomRC.com I think he bought one track and just ordered extra tiles seprate.

The next version of the TCZ will be ready this week. the car will have adjustable camber and castor front/rear and adjustable rear toe.

briankstan
2005.11.13, 01:21 AM
that was pertty sweet. Looks good.

dean
2005.11.19, 09:06 PM
Nice job on the 4wd! :rolleyes:

Very fast !

Crotty's track is great place to race!

Bill Jr and Bill Sr are always so helpful every time I go there. :p

I just raced there today and had a blast. Had to blow all that dust of my wheels though. :D

Pro-Z Racing
2005.12.01, 10:16 PM
Hey guys,

heres a early fiberglass prototype of the kyosho drive train 4wd. 94mm and 98mm wheelbase. adjustable castor, camber. Run 4 diffrent type of cells AAA, 2/3 AAA, AA li-ion, and li-poly and the twin motor option is all in the kyosho tcz.

byebye
2005.12.02, 01:45 AM
Hey guys,

heres a early fiberglass prototype of the kyosho drive train 4wd. 94mm and 98mm wheelbase. adjustable castor, camber. Run 4 diffrent type of cells AAA, 2/3 AAA, AA li-ion, and li-poly and the twin motor option is all in the kyosho tcz.

You didn't waste any time! That looks sweet! was it hard to get 98mm? Anything xtra had to be bought or made?

-Byebye

Pro-Z Racing
2005.12.02, 02:38 PM
the kyosho parts you need are the diffs axls gears bearings and knuckles.

Pro-Z Racing
2005.12.02, 02:39 PM
bye bye - 94mm 98mm is done similar to how the k car does 90 and 94mm

byebye
2005.12.02, 03:32 PM
Not sure I follow but I'll take your word for it. I don't have my ma-01's yet so I can't really see first hand.

-byebye

Pro-Z Racing
2005.12.04, 10:16 PM
The Xmod Based TCZ prototype is up for sale on the bay

Pro-Z Racing
2006.03.01, 10:29 PM
a new version of the tcz is rolling along still a prototype but coming around

http://www.pro-z.com/tcz5cell.jpg
http://www.pro-z.com/tczaaa.jpg
http://www.pro-z.com/tczaaa1.jpg

color01
2006.03.02, 12:32 AM
well done, but something's got to be done about the 2 AAA's sitting well above the CG line.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.03.02, 12:56 AM
if you use a narrow mini z body cells need to be like that however the top cells can be kicked over and sit inbetween the bottom cells and one cell hangs over the drive saft. It's little lower and balanced than a stock k car. i have a bunch of diffrent battery plates for all kinds of cell configurations i have a 3 cell AAA low, one cell stacked setup if you use any mr-02 bodies. My favorite is the li-poly flat cells the CG is killer low and the twin motor setup. next week i should have some pics and vid on the website.

www.pro-z.com/tcz5cell.jpg

Pro-Z Racing
2006.03.28, 06:29 PM
The finished version of the TCZ will look something like this. The lighting holes under the servo were sapose to be on the bottom side of the chassis, so the servo as a flat area to servo tape too. i made some rims to look like a 10th scale sedan, and Test fit the VDS on my 4wd.

www.pro-z.com/tcz3.jpg

www.pro-z.com/rim.jpg

www.pro-z.com/vds.jpg

Mazda787b
2006.06.12, 12:49 PM
Very cool! Would make a great open-class car!

Flashsp-2
2006.06.13, 01:34 PM
Looks very nice indeed. I like the wheel design, too.I think li-poly would probably be the way to go with something of this nature, best fitment, weight, C.G., power, etc. Do you have any estimate on finish time/price. Also, are you going to sell the prototypes like you did with the last one on the bay? Thanks in advance......

T-Bolt
2006.06.13, 02:42 PM
Can you mount stock ma010 bodies on without the posts? If I do an ma010, I think I'm going to buy that chassis.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.06.13, 09:53 PM
I have 4 prototypes finished

Only designed for hobby grade electronics

I may only sell them RTR fully assembled, so people don't cheap out on componets.

It can use a kyosho body, nose clip for the front but body posts only in the rear.
LExan bodies are much faster so i'm not going out of my way to help people slow there cars down with kyosho bodies.

marc
2006.06.14, 11:18 AM
I have 4 prototypes finished

Only designed for hobby grade electronics

I may only sell them RTR fully assembled, so people don't cheap out on componets.

It can use a kyosho body, nose clip for the front but body posts only in the rear.
LExan bodies are much faster so i'm not going out of my way to help people slow there cars down with kyosho bodies.

Wow! How much for the kit based on Kyosho's AWD Mini-Z? I want one!

Pro-Z Racing
2006.06.14, 01:14 PM
Chassis $100
Diffs $20
Bearings $15
Speedcontrol $65
Receiver $55
Servo $25
Linkage$10
Motor$25
Axles/out drives $30
Rims $15
Tires $10
Battery Pack $20
locking wheel nuts $5
silicone wire $5
lexan body $10
spring set $10

already up to $420 without any of the parts shipping costs factored in, price will be around $450 RTR and no crappy radios allowed.

No doubt this will exclude 90% of mini z owners but the few that do own them will dominate and thats all i really care.

T-Bolt
2006.06.14, 03:04 PM
If I was buying it I'd want it radioless. There's no point in me spending money on an rx that is not as good as what I run (I have a Spektrum setup).

Pro-Z Racing
2006.06.14, 03:12 PM
the new spektrum will slip right in. no RX is fine just hate to see people get top of the line gear and cars and use the stock kyosho radio

recommend a Z1 M8 M11 or R1 radios atleast something with end point adjustment minimum.

kittysniper101
2006.06.14, 03:14 PM
agreed you should not include the radio so that people can chose there exact setup

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.06, 01:08 AM
Here's a few pics of some all black and some black and Blue TCZ parts. All chassis are regular 1/8th inch carbon fiber color.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.09, 01:42 AM
After about 30 revisions sinice my first Xmod based 4wd i have a finished 4wd design.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.09, 01:46 AM
i forgot the bottom view

arch2b
2006.07.09, 09:20 AM
neat im feature on your website ;)

i like the interchangeable cell holder peices. is this kit the same wheelbase/trackwidth as the pocketknife 5?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.09, 02:00 PM
The TCZ is 94mm and 98mm wheel base. Width you adjust with the off set of the rims.

cdog4w
2006.07.09, 02:24 PM
That is a work of art! I do have a question though, it seems as if the pinion is just barely attached (ie. theres a lot of exposed motor shaft). Are you using a special motor or is the little bit of shaft that the pinion is mounted on enough for it to spin true?

Any ETA on availability or a list of parts you'll need to buy (like the PN knuckles, diffs etc)?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.09, 02:35 PM
It's an AWD pinion and it's on all the way. Cant really see it well but under the pinion the chassis is milled out for room for big pinions. Also not in the photos i have a stand up motor mount. Lets you mount a spy on the side and keep the car balanced.

Car comes 3 ways
Chassis Kit $129
Rolling chassis $$269 All aluminum parts, bearings,spring set, rims tires, ball diffs,...
Ready to Race $399 no RX $449 with RX

All the ones i have are sold. they will be on the website when more are ready.

marc
2006.07.10, 09:40 AM
It's an AWD pinion and it's on all the way. Cant really see it well but under the pinion the chassis is milled out for room for big pinions. Also not in the photos i have a stand up motor mount. Lets you mount a spy on the side and keep the car balanced.

Car comes 3 ways
Chassis Kit $129
Rolling chassis $$269 All aluminum parts, bearings,spring set, rims tires, ball diffs,...
Ready to Race $399 no RX $449 with RX

All the ones i have are sold. they will be on the website when more are ready.

What color is the alluminum and are their any options? I noticed that they are GPM parts, and GPM has theme in all colors.

marc
2006.07.10, 09:43 AM
Oh never mind. I was looking at the older design. I noticed the new design has different parts. Still, what color is the aluminum?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.10, 10:01 AM
HI Marc,

There is a number of aftermarket companies making aluminum parts in lots of colors PN, Atomic, 3 racing, topcad, x-speed, but the majority are silver and blue aluminum. I prefer to use the pn racing knuckles in my cars for there teflon posts.

Prefered parts list -

PN knuckles
Atomic Ball diffs
x-speed axles
PN Macho Motor
PN low spring set
HS-65 servo
Novak SPy speedcontrol
GWS NAno RX or novak XXL receiver

marc
2006.07.10, 10:14 AM
I like GPM's alloy I've never had a problem with their products, always good fit and finish. Lot's of colors available, and I simply love my gold MR02 Mini-Z, just need to find a gold MM motor pod.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.16, 10:38 PM
Here is a short video clip of the new tcz in action

www.pro-z.com/tcz.wmv

and a few pics

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.16, 10:40 PM
tcz with a 98mm lambo body

pchan0
2006.07.16, 11:25 PM
How about a picture of all the electronics installed?

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.17, 09:22 PM
here's a pic of the electronics and a peak of the new 2wd

cdog4w
2006.07.17, 09:59 PM
Its quite a shame that IPD went out of business, they made some really nice car ESC that were in the airplane (ie. super small) form factor. Handled huge cell counts and had a nice feel on the throttle too.

What is the giant cap near the Rx?

Any chance of selling the aluminum mounting hardware (ie the diff boxes, shaft mounts, motor mount etc) sep. from the chassis?

Either way, beautiful work.

Pro-Z Racing
2006.07.17, 11:25 PM
Most air speedcontrols don't have reverse.

The GWS receiver is super small but doesn't like the voltage drop of a speedcontrol. The cap just maintains the voltage. It's bigger than nessaery.
The cap is also know as a studder stopper.

No

bluegrooveracer
2006.08.22, 08:00 AM
do you have an approx date when the next run of 4wd conversion kits will be available

Pro-Z Racing
2006.08.22, 08:24 PM
Just email me i have a few ready

bluegrooveracer
2006.08.24, 10:02 PM
do you have a servo saver system available with or separate from the kit and will the side mounts from the pro z chassis fit the tcz chassis to mount kyosho bodies thanks for any info you can give

Pro-Z Racing
2006.08.24, 10:09 PM
Hi, Steering linkage is all included with the TCZ

NO side clips on the car. You can use a nose clip in the front but it uses body post in the rear like large scale rc cars.

bluegrooveracer
2006.08.25, 11:17 AM
sorry for all questions but does the linkage have any type of servo saver system
as when i had a pro z that was my only problem i had with it thanks

Pro-Z Racing
2006.08.25, 01:10 PM
I use the Hitech Mighty Fearther HS-65 servos They come with karbonite gears or metal gear versions. my metal gear servo i didn't use a servo saver, but on the karbonite sevo i used a servo horn servo saver
http://www.pro-z.com/build/sub_micro_servo_saver.html

FortyTwo
2006.08.26, 10:30 AM
Just email me i have a few ready

Scott, Ive been emailing you regarding our conversation about parts, but you haven't responded since Aug 7th. What is going on?!? I got the impression that the parts were going to be shipped immediately, but when I didn't see anything i the mail, I asked you for an update. Now, I get no response.

You were very helpful at first... but then you just started ignoring me.... its very strange.

Maybe you email is screwed up some how, could you please respond on the forum. Thank you!

T Man
2006.08.26, 03:21 PM
Scott, Ive been emailing you regarding our conversation about parts, but you haven't responded since Aug 7th. What is going on?!? I got the impression that the parts were going to be shipped immediately, but when I didn't see anything i the mail, I asked you for an update. Now, I get no response.

You were very helpful at first... but then you just started ignoring me.... its very strange.

Maybe you email is screwed up some how, could you please respond on the forum. Thank you!
A lot of people have had this problem in the past. It seems to me like Scott isn't very good at doing business with other people. I always got the impression that he just likes to build these chassis sets, tinker with them by himself, and not concentrate on getting them out to others who might want them.

Sure, some people have been able to get his chassis sets, but they had to go through quite an ordeal on here and through email. I should know; I was one of them when he came out with his very first chassis for the MR-01. Since then, I only tried to do business with him one other time (for an MR-02 chassis, Version 6 or whatever) and just got so frustrated that I asked for my money back.

That's just my experience. I hope yours turns out to be better.

bluegrooveracer
2006.08.26, 08:50 PM
i too have sent an email a week ago and no response i only get replied to here
i would really like to buy one!!!

Migs
2006.08.26, 09:04 PM
i too have sent an email a week ago and no response i only get replied to here
i would really like to buy one!!!

Bluegrooveracer.... you make some very fine quality products... chassis, bodies, etc... I bet you could make something very similar to the Pro-Z Pocket Knife TCZ 4wd chassis...!!! There is obviously somewhat of a demand for them.

bluegrooveracer
2006.08.26, 09:23 PM
thanks for the words of encouragement but if i can just buy it pre done i will the time it takes to design and test is far too much work , unless it doesn't exsist already that is what inspires me to create what i do. but if i can't get one from pro z i will just make one for my self . all my extra time is going into my new 1/24th ish mini indoor buggy if all goes well it will be available this fall

Migs
2006.08.26, 09:25 PM
thanks for the words of encouragement but if i can just buy it pre done i will the time it takes to design and test is far too much work , unless it doesn't exsist already that is what inspires me to create what i do. but if i can't get one from pro z i will just make one for my self . all my extra time is going into my new 1/24th ish mini indoor buggy if all goes well it will be available this fall

Wow... 1/24th indoor buggy... that's sweet...!!! Can't wait to see when it's done...!!!

Pro-Z Racing
2006.08.26, 11:16 PM
Design theory i have covered customer service i should hire someone, I fully admit this isn't my strong suit.

I have answered a number of tcz inquires through email. The best way to get a hold of me is instant messenger user sjakes20 I'm usually online

I have already started shipping kits.

From my first time out with the TCZ, it was an awesome handling modified. Crazy rip and easy to drive no drifting no sliding just planted.

RCP surface Tracks - GPM 8 rear tires PN 18 front tires white front springs and green rear springs 4 AAA PN macho motor (setup i ran in the video)

Drop me an email or Instant message me or tell David here at mini-racer.com that you want cars.

I'm going to the PN world cup in CT. Rc Madness is my home track for 12th scale and one of the best run tracks in the country. If any of you guys are going to run mod let me know i have a V7 2wd coming out.

FortyTwo
2006.08.28, 06:05 PM
Design theory i have covered customer service i should hire someone, I fully admit this isn't my strong suit.

I have answered a number of tcz inquires through email. The best way to get a hold of me is instant messenger user sjakes20 I'm usually online

I have already started shipping kits.

From my first time out with the TCZ, it was an awesome handling modified. Crazy rip and easy to drive no drifting no sliding just planted.

RCP surface Tracks - GPM 8 rear tires PN 18 front tires white front springs and green rear springs 4 AAA PN macho motor (setup i ran in the video)

Drop me an email or Instant message me or tell David here at mini-racer.com that you want cars.

I'm going to the PN world cup in CT. Rc Madness is my home track for 12th scale and one of the best run tracks in the country. If any of you guys are going to run mod let me know i have a V7 2wd coming out.

Thanks for the email reply, Scott. I think we'll get everything worked out. I'll hit you up on Instant Messenger, also. I checked now, but it shows you as mobile. Thanks again, man, keep up the good work!

PaulBoth
2006.10.30, 10:19 AM
What exactly is included with the kit at $129? Do you have any available?

PB

bluegrooveracer
2006.12.02, 12:49 PM
Scott i would like to buy the awd chassis set now i have finished my touring car mold for it please email me at teambluegroove@hotmail.com

eztuner12
2006.12.15, 08:41 PM
Hi Buegrooveracer
Did Scotte reply back to ya?
I get no answer from him, and what to buy an pro-z AWD too.
Thx

aaron
2006.12.15, 09:48 PM
Hi Buegrooveracer
Did Scotte reply back to ya?
I get no answer from him, and what to buy an pro-z AWD too.
Thx

i was told he would have them fs on his web site this past monday??? sent him another email but??????

Pro-Z Racing
2006.12.15, 09:57 PM
sorry guys just so busy. I have 10 tcz they are going to go first come first serve. the last of the parts are just finishing as i'm typing this.

Keep an eye on pro-z when there up for grabs.

Scott
Pro-Z.com

eztuner12
2007.01.05, 12:33 AM
sorry guys just so busy. I have 10 tcz they are going to go first come first serve. the last of the parts are just finishing as i'm typing this.

Keep an eye on pro-z when there up for grabs.

Scott
Pro-Z.com

Hi,
I have been checking up on your web since the 28th for the Pro-Z AWD to come out for sale.
Did I miss it or they never came out???
By the way, Happy New Year 2007 to all.
Thx

eztuner12
2007.01.12, 11:30 AM
Hi,
I have been checking up on your web since the 28th for the Pro-Z AWD to come out for sale.
Did I miss it or they never came out???
By the way, Happy New Year 2007 to all.
Thx
Did anybody purchased the PRO-Z AWD or has had a response from Scott?
Thx

Ghos
2007.01.30, 03:17 PM
Hey Scott,

Where are my parts? It has been over a month.

Scott:
"Sorry for the delay in parts i will forward all parts, I never thought there would be such a rush on the
tcz kits i flat out ran out of parts More are being cut and i will ship them tuesday.

I will have more info for you very soon."

Pro-Z Racing
2007.01.30, 03:37 PM
Parts are in sorry i don't know you from your handle but email me and i'll send everything you need. best way to get ahold of me is AOL aim instant messager user sjakes20

I also have new brushless motor mounts for the fiago brushless motor

http://www.pro-z.com/brushlessmotormount.jpg

Ghos
2007.01.30, 04:09 PM
Parts are in sorry i don't know you from your handle but email me and i'll send everything you need. best way to get ahold of me is AOL aim instant messager user sjakes20

I also have new brushless motor mounts for the fiago brushless motor

http://www.pro-z.com/brushlessmotormount.jpg

I just IM-ed you and no reply... I emailed you a sjakes20@aol :confused:

simon_clark
2007.02.18, 07:59 PM
Hello I search one AWD carbon chassis P-Knif for me for a long time!!! :(
PLEASE can somme one healp me to find one new or used for me???Please Please HEALP ME to find one used in good condition..
I am deseperat i mail directly in Pro-z for on?????
Please can one sell me this chassis Mail me at : xmods_top_secret@hotmail.fr
Sorry for my bad englich I'm a frenchy....
Thanks to your All

pchan0
2007.02.18, 11:36 PM
Will TinyRC shop carry this TCZ chassis set?

sillypuddy
2007.02.23, 07:37 AM
Hey Scott,

Where are my parts? It has been over a month.

Scott:
"Sorry for the delay in parts i will forward all parts, I never thought there would be such a rush on the
tcz kits i flat out ran out of parts More are being cut and i will ship them tuesday.

I will have more info for you very soon."

I haven't been able to get a hold of him either.. i am getting worried and he doesn't reply back in his email..

-joe

simon_clark
2007.02.24, 07:06 PM
Hi scott I Emaild you many times for this AWD chassis and you don't respond me for it!!!!
If I buy it on your website how many time must I wait for have it???
Please give me an answer :(

Pro-Z Racing
2007.03.21, 02:59 PM
I had been getting alot of requests for a Brushless TCZ so here you go

Uses a feigao 1308412S

www.pro-z.com/tczbrushless.jpg
www.pro-z.com/tczbrushless1.jpg
www.pro-z.com/tczbrushless2.jpg

pchan0
2007.03.21, 04:05 PM

Uses a feigao 1308412S

When will the next batch of TCZ be available? Will you send it to TinyRC Shop?

cdog4w
2007.03.21, 04:37 PM

Uses a feigao 1308412S

Looks quite beefy on the pro-z, did you try out any of the 12mm BL options? I would think it would have the nec. power for a car this size and be more appropriately sized. Only tricky bit is the 1.5mm motor shaft. If you come up with an adapter for that to 2mm I will buy a set btw :)

Pro-Z Racing
2007.03.21, 04:59 PM
I only make the chassi your welcome to shoe horn in any motor you want. The feiago is just sick fast so i made that fit.

I still need to make a few more before they are up for sale.

cdog4w
2007.03.21, 05:28 PM
I only make the chassi your welcome to shoe horn in any motor you want. The feiago is just sick fast so i made that fit.

I still need to make a few more before they are up for sale.

Ok.

Still, I would love to know how a 12mm would handle vs. the full 20mm you used.

pev942
2007.03.29, 10:18 PM
yeah i would like to see the Feigao 1208430S smallest brushless would fare

Pro-Z Racing
2007.03.30, 01:40 AM
I don't have much experience with small brushless but i'm sure it would be killer top end .