PDA

View Full Version : ?? about loop

machine
2005.10.19, 10:19 PM
Core,

with the loop being solid and pretty thick i'm wondering on the strength of it. I will be using the system for travelling events and it will get handled a bit, if the loop breaks will i be able to fix it or will i need to send it in?

I will be laying under an RCP track as well as taping it to a bridge. The AMB system uses a thin wire that is detachable, is there a way to detach the wire loop?

arch2b
2005.10.19, 10:42 PM
i've traveled with my system. it also gets moved frequently. it's hard to keep 2 kids from messing with it....

a detachable loop would be a neat idea but it seems like you would loose reception strenght/clarity if you muilitpl the connections?

someone else thought of this but cut a groove in the underside of the tires so that you can push the loop into it and cover with tape

machine
2005.10.20, 04:44 PM
The reason i'm asing is that it's a solid cable, and once bent it gets progressivly weaker at the bend. It's a matter of when it'll break. I'm not looking for multilpy connections but rather having the ability to replace the loop when it does break.

I don't understand what you mean when you said "someone else thought of this but cut a groove in the underside of the tires so that you can push the loop into it and cover with tape"

:?

briankstan
2005.10.20, 05:17 PM
it states somewhere in the instructions that you are NOT suppose to bend or kink the loop.

briankstan
2005.10.20, 05:20 PM
I don't understand what you mean when you said "someone else thought of this but cut a groove in the underside of the tires so that you can push the loop into it and cover with tape"

:?

this is meant for the RCP track, cut a groove in the bottom of the track tiles, (not tires, that was a typo), and place the loop in and then cover the loop with some tape to hold it in.

I hope that clarifies it for you.

machine
2005.10.20, 10:11 PM
ahhhhhhhh i see know. thanks

I know it says don't bend it, but ya know doodoo happens.

arch2b
2005.10.20, 10:19 PM
this is meant for the RCP track, cut a groove in the bottom of the track tiles, (not tires, that was a typo), and place the loop in and then cover the loop with some tape to hold it in.

I hope that clarifies it for you.
thanks for the correction :p

machine
2005.11.09, 12:17 PM
So is there a way of removing the loop? I'd like to be able to move the box from one track to another without having to tear down part of the track to get at the loop.

What i'm going to be doing is running a multi store race series (I hope) and would like each shop to have the wire loop permently set in thier tracks. This way i can take my computer and just the box to each race. If we need to tear a part of the track up to place the loop down setup will take forever. There is only one shop with an RCP setup. The rest are carpet.

If so how much for a few sets of wire loops?

briankstan
2005.11.09, 12:30 PM
So is there a way of removing the loop? I'd like to be able to move the box from one track to another without having to tear down part of the track to get at the loop.

What i'm going to be doing is running a multi store race series (I hope) and would like each shop to have the wire loop permently set in thier tracks. This way i can take my computer and just the box to each race. If we need to tear a part of the track up to place the loop down setup will take forever. There is only one shop with an RCP setup. The rest are carpet.

If so how much for a few sets of wire loops?

I don't think this is possible. I would email this question to Core Support.