PDA

View Full Version : I want a motor for my F-150 EVO xmod...

newbitowner
2005.10.20, 02:04 AM
I want a motor for my F-150 EVO xmod with the most torque possible. :cool:

Can anyone help?

Twenty-Se7en
2005.10.20, 09:26 AM
this should be in a different area... under other mini r/c cars... xmods are not for this section. Sorry

Roketmini
2005.10.21, 04:48 PM
this should be in a different area... under other mini r/c cars... xmods are not for this section. Sorry

Hate to burst your bubble, but this IS the mini rc section.

arch2b
2005.10.21, 10:07 PM
Hate to burst your bubble, but this IS the mini rc section.
it was moved here :p

newbitowner
2005.10.24, 01:23 AM
it was moved here :p

thanks...can anyone else help?

HammerZ
2005.10.24, 05:19 PM
An "open" speed trick in the slot car days, shim the motor magnets closer to the armature. I say open because it actually caused more tourqe than speed, The racers that followed this trick would take off first only to be passed later in the race. Now you see why it was open. You don't want so much of a shim that the magnets hit the armature and stop the motor. You still want the armature to move free, and cut down the air gap between it and the magnets.

Shimming the magnets is very much like shaving the heads on a gas engine to raise the compression ratio. It will give you a stronger pull.

newbitowner
2005.10.27, 01:53 AM
An "open" speed trick in the slot car days, shim the motor magnets closer to the armature. I say open because it actually caused more tourqe than speed, The racers that followed this trick would take off first only to be passed later in the race. Now you see why it was open. You don't want so much of a shim that the magnets hit the armature and stop the motor. You still want the armature to move free, and cut down the air gap between it and the magnets.

Shimming the magnets is very much like shaving the heads on a gas engine to raise the compression ratio. It will give you a stronger pull.

I don't think I'd be able to put a motor can back together. :o I'm looking to buy a motor from somewhere or somebody.

Roketmini
2005.10.30, 03:07 PM
I don't think I'd be able to put a motor can back together. :o I'm looking to buy a motor from somewhere or somebody.

www.atomicmods.com sells a number of powerful motors, but some are too demanding for the stock FET's, so be careful if you shop there. And, Dont buy a 180 sized motor, it wont fit.

gyrate
2005.10.30, 08:39 PM
www.atomicmods.com sells a number of powerful motors, but some are too demanding for the stock FET's, so be careful if you shop there. And, Dont buy a 180 sized motor, it wont fit.

well the evo electrics should be able to handle just about any motor now without upgrades. the atomicmods warnings only apply to the gen1. now if you bump the voltage beyond stock that might change but so far it should be safe

newbitowner
2005.11.02, 04:12 PM
I'm looking into the PN S03 or a speedyNM motor.

Has anyone ran these?

thanks